Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim Kase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and look, come in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Tuesday afternoon here in southern California. You're world champion in Los Angeles Dodgers thirty three and twenty one on this season, two games up in the NL West. After a series opening win yesterday in Cleveland on Memorial Day, the Dodgers look to do it again from Progressive Field, Dustin May on the mound as the Dodgers take on the Guardians first pitch at three ten.
Speaker 3: Between then and now, we.
Speaker 2: Got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vase goes What on one with David Cone from ESPN. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Nevert and Rick Well. Last night in Cleveland, Yoshi Yamamoto is exactly what the Dodgers needed. Six innings, allowed just two runs on three hits while striking out seven. Coming off his performance last time out in which he took a no hitter into the seventh, Yamamoto was good again and just what the Dodgers needed some length out of their starter. He got plenty of run support. It started with the very first pitch of the game, Show hey Otani, a solo home run to right, his nineteenth of the season. Dodgers up one to nothing. In the second, Andy Piez an RBI single made it a two to nothing Dodgers lead.
Speaker 3: Up two to one.
Speaker 2: In the fifth inning, the Dodgers got it rolling, starting with TASKAR one one.
Speaker 4: Tay Oscar rips it to left field. It's up with the air and it'll be over the head of Kwan, bouncing off the track and off the wall. Oh Tani gets waved home. He's around third and he will score with a pop up slide. Frow is cut off and it's an r ANDBI for ti Oskar and the Dodgers lead it three to one.
Speaker 2: Tay Oscar Hernandez driving in Show hey Otani, Freddie Freeman advances to second as the Dodgers up three to one. Then Max Munsey later in the inning, a Sack fled al right that scored Freddy from third, and the Dodgers, with their second run of the fifth inning, go up four to one. Then in the sixth they tacked on more first Mookie Betts RBI single that scored Kim Dodgers up five to one. Then Freddie Freeman out of one more.
Speaker 4: Thirty first run banded in for Bets and Freddy Freeman strokes on the right field. That's gonna get down for a base if they're gonna wave Otani home. Here comes to throw, it goes all the way through, Otani slides, He's safe and it is a run scoring single for Freeman and the Dodgers now lead it six to one.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman with the RBI single number thirty five on this season for Freddy.
Speaker 3: The Guardians would get a run back in.
Speaker 2: The six a six to two Dodgers lead, Yoshi Yamamoto getting it done on the mound in the ninth inning after the Dodgers bullpen came in Vessius Scott. Then in the top of the ninth Will Smith a solo home run to left center field, a bomb four hundred and nine feet, his fifth of this season, RBI number twenty eight. That was the big insurance run for the Dodgers. The bust at opened. They lead seven to two, and that would be the final score as Luis Garcia came in and got out in the ninth inning as Yoshi Yamamoto picks up his sixth win of this season. How about the Dodgers offense last night? They scored seven runs on eight hits. Seven of those hits came from the Dodgers' first five batters in the lineup, Otani, Betts, Freeman, tey, Oscar Hernandez and Will Smith the Dodgers top of the lineup getting it done. Dodgers getting it done in Cleveland their thirty third win of the season. They look to do it again tonight with Dustin May on the mound. First bitch from Cleveland set for three to ten and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors brought booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 4: A little overcast here in Cleveland tonight as the Dodgers and Guardians get set for Game two of this three game series. Dodgers, coming off a seven to two win last night in the opener. Dustin May at two and four, will take on tan er Bybee Bybey is four and four this season for the Guardians. Guardians start five back in the American League Central Division, and the Dodgers two up on San Francisco two and a half on San Diego at thirty three and twenty one and well, the Dodgers have won eight of their last ten in Cleveland since their first interleague meeting back in two thousand and three. Seems like they play pretty well here. And the bats came to play last night.
Speaker 5: Well, they came to play last night, and they came to play in the very first pitch. Because two games in a row now show Hey, O Toney's had a lead off whole run to open up the ball game. It took two pitches on Sunday in New York. It took just one pitch last night to hit it out of the ballpark. So I'm trying to make it three in a row tonight. We'll find out if he even gets the pitch to hit that first at bat. But the Dodgers took advantage of opportunities. Last night they were four for eight with runners in scoring position, and the Dodgers pitching did a very good job holding the Guardians to just one hit in eight opportunities to knock in run.
Speaker 6: So that's a big, big deal.
Speaker 5: And even though the Dodgers have been five hundred on this road trip, they've hit very well with runners in scoring position, in fact three fourteen average, but have not had the extra wins to show for it.
Speaker 4: Well, Smith out of the lineup tonight. Dalton Rushing back in Smith last night was on base four times. He went two for two, hit a ninth inning home run. So Rushing will get the call against Biby tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if we're looking at that Western Division, and now the Sandegopandres have moved within percentage points ahead of the San Francisco Giants. They both trailed the Dodgers officially by two, Arizona's dropped to a six games back. And for the Rockies, well wait till next year and it may be the same results. And if you look at the Cleveland also, I mean they're trying to get it into gear. They're now tied for second place with the Twins trailing the Detroit Tigers by five games in the America League Central Division.
Speaker 6: You know, when you look at Cleveland two.
Speaker 4: We talked about this on the broadcast last night, but They're best player is Jose Ramirez, which hitting third basement, and you might not hear about him all over the country for one reason or another, but consistently he has been one of Cleveland's best players. Last night two doubles. He now has three hundred and seventy six career doubles. He's fourth on the Cleveland's all time doubles list, and he is up among the names of some Hall of famers. He's a tough customer and he is going to be a tough out for Dustin Marier.
Speaker 5: I found a number on Rameraz this morning. I had to look at it a couple of different times, you know, this month, and here we are on the twenty seventh of May. This month, Rameras with two strikes has hit three point fifty six. I mean, that is just off the planet numbers. I mean, with two strikes in the major league level, that just does not happen that often.
Speaker 6: But then you look at you know, the.
Speaker 5: Last two years with two strikes, he has twenty five home runs, So it doesn't matter the count.
Speaker 6: He's just a very good player. A couple of other things.
Speaker 5: He made a terrific defensive play last night, and he ran himself into a double with Hustley. And if you've taken I think for population, if you take in the counting of players that people understand are good, how many times he's going.
Speaker 6: To be overlooked. You don't overlook him when you watch him play.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, he's got Fanjier League Baseball's longest active hitting streak at nineteen straight.
Speaker 7: Which is a career.
Speaker 6: Best for him.
Speaker 4: Oh that too, that too, not to mention he's been on base twenty three straight games. Anyway, Jose Ramirez a player to watch, certainly for Cleveland Dodgers looking to take the series with a win here tonight in Game two against the Guardians.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Tuesday afternoon, Dodger fans, how about getting your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza parlor sort of in between lunch dinner. Perfect time to pick us from Shaky's Pizza Chickenjos joice in Dodgers Baseball at shakys dot Com. Coming up here on Maronco Causino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from David Vasse. He'll go one on one with David Comb from Sunday Night Baseball. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll here from manager Dave Roberts. But up next your Otani rewind and we visit with Sports in LA's Kirston Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians from Cleveland. First bitch coming up at three ten, Nex should be with us. I'm Tim kas Is, the world champion in Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Ah, you know where?
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters.
Speaker 8: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Guardians, Game two of this three games sent from Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Dustin May on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at three.
Speaker 8: Ten, this is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 4: The right hander into the wind. His first pitch is swung out an deep to right field.
Speaker 7: It is done a home run for Attorney. Well before you even.
Speaker 4: Had a chance to buckle your seat. Pelt Otani makes it one nothing with his major league.
Speaker 7: Leading nineteenth home run.
Speaker 4: The very first pitch of the game is hitting to the right field stands. He is putting on a show early.
Speaker 2: The show started in the first inning from show Hey O'tani. The leadoff home run, by the way, his fifth leadoff home run in his first at bat out of his nineteen home runs on the season, one for three yesterday, three runs scored on base twice via walk. Now hitting two ninety five on this season. Don't look now, sho Heotani has nineteen home runs on the season.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Karson now joins us from Cleveland. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K donate your are today, Curiousten. The Dodgers rolling right now, at least with the starting pitching back to back outings and when the Dodgers have gotten some good length out of the starter and now the baton gets past to Dustin May.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that's been huge for this group. Obviously we know that the bullpen has been taxed. We know that they've been kind of dealing with some injuries. We've seem so hard contact things like that. So when at the starting rotation is going deeper into the gate, it just takes the pressure off of them. So that has been huge for the group as of lay And like you said, for Dustin May, that is just the hope we saw him. He's coming off of a really solid outing and the hopes he can just continue with that right now, just you want to see that consistency. We've really only been seeing it from Yoshobamamoto and kind of with each outing he has. So if the rest of the rotation can put themselves in a good spot to do just that as well, that will be huge. It's also going to be key considering tomorrow there is a lot of rain in the forecast. Clayton Kershaw is scheduled to have the start, but obviously we saw what happened in New York. If there are delays of the story and he has to have a shorter outing due to the weather or to stop up, stop down the bullpen, we want the arms to be available and ready to take down some stuff to support this group, because we definitely don't want to stay here extra days due to weather, and that's for sure.
Speaker 2: No, I'd be unfortunate if for the second straight start Clayton Kershaw has weather effect that which we course saw in New York over the weekend. But what are these things flying around in Cleveland that's got everybody's attention right now?
Speaker 9: Okay, I did not know what a midge as a bug was, amit?
Speaker 3: No idea?
Speaker 9: I've a midge, m I dge. I have never heard of a midge or midges is what they're called here. I've never heard of that. All of a sudden, they are everywhere tim and supposedly it's like ten days that they're here for and they come out of the pond or the water, and it's good for the ecosystem, and we love that for them. But they are swarming and they are everywhere, and it is terrifying, and all of us are swatting at flies left.
Speaker 7: And right down there.
Speaker 3: Bye, get worse. They don't bite, oh, so that is the good thing. They don't bit.
Speaker 9: They're more just annoying, to be honest. But they're just they're everywhere. I was just talking to Lena nat He's like, I think I killed like one hundred and twenty of them. Yesterday my count got up to like one sixty. Sitting there, not that I wasn't paying attention, but sometimes you just get distracted and you're counting these but it is insane.
Speaker 3: You walk down.
Speaker 9: It's funny because also you're walking around Cleveland and all of everyone from here is just like normal, right, all of us are swattnet flies. I'm like getting arm workouts in trying to kill bugs. And then there's the wind flying today, and so it's just it's really awful.
Speaker 3: It's bugs.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, it makes it worse because they like moisture. So but I found out today if the guys wear dryer sheets in their baseball caps and maybe in vinegar, which is not a great smell obviously, but the dryer sheets does seem to be working. So don't be surprised if he's like a dryer sheet like falling out of.
Speaker 1: Someone's baseball cap today, because.
Speaker 9: And then they say the bullpen has been terrible with them. Yeah, so we're having a blast. We are having the time of our lives here in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you we are on midge alert for the remainder of this.
Speaker 3: Series in Cleveland. Curious and we appreciate it. What check in with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup David.
Speaker 3: Va Sego's one on one with David Cone.
Speaker 2: But up next we get you an injury report and we hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Guardians. First pitch from Cleveland on this Tuesdays at three ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 8: On, your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday afternoon as we lead you out to first pitch from Cleveland, Dodgers taking on the Guardians Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for good times. Dustin May on the mount. First pitch coming up at three.
Speaker 1: Ten's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Roki Sasaki on the I L for the Blue. Kirby Yates on the I L with the right hamstring strain. Evan Phillips on the I L with the sore right forearm over the weekend. Dave Roberts said it's a little concerning his status. So something to keep an eye on with Evan Phillips and.
Speaker 3: His return this season.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now, Blake Snell, Blake Trenton, Michael Kopek, Bruce dar graderol all working the way back. We got an update on Immitt Sheen coming up with David Vase. Just a couple of minutes right now, let's have back out to Cleveland and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Any questions for Dave.
Speaker 6: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 8: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: It's been great.
Speaker 10: I think that these guys responded to kind of how the bet the pen was being taxed, knowing that they can do more. They've done that. I expect the same thing out of Dustin tonight, and I think with that, it's just kind of given the pen a chance, says I always say, you know, reset and for us to kind of deploy guys in their rightful lanes and feeling good. So it's all starts from the starting, starting pictures.
Speaker 9: Does that have to be a priority today, especially when you look ahead to what weather could potentially look like with Kershaw on the mound tomorrow and just if there are delays, et cetera, what that could be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what I think for tonight. Obviously it's pretty ominous for the forecast for tomorrow, but trying not to let that bleed too much into tonight. I think that right now we're in a really good spot and so whatever we can to win tonight and we'll just sort of deal with whatever circumstance presents tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's a manager, Dave robertson his free game, thoughts about the rain tomorrow and what the plan is the wrap up this road trip. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with the David Vassa as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Guardians, first pitch set of three to ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and guardians.
Speaker 2: Dustin May on the mouth. Somebody order a code red, they need it today. Keep that bullpen and check first pitch from Cleveland's coming up at three ten.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David.
Speaker 3: A right DV.
Speaker 2: Just a few minutes ago, we did our daily injury report. It's a lot of the pitchers daily talking about guys hurt making their way back, trying to get back out to help out this Dodger rotation or the bullpen. And one name I kind of forgot is Emmitt Sheen.
Speaker 3: What's the latest.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Emmitt Sheen, who's coming back from Tommy John surgery. He had it so early last year that it's given him this opportunity to be a contributor in twenty twenty five. He actually pitched in his first rehab game yesterday in the Arizona Complex League. It's basically pitchers that are coming back from injuries, or guys like Rich Hill, who just signed with the Royals. They're pitching in the minor league stadiums that were accustomed to seeing during spring training. So Emmit Sheen pitched in one of those games yesterday, a small sample size, but he was dominant. Two no hit innings, five strikeouts, no walks, so two perfect innings for Emmitt Sheen yesterday. And when Sheen was at Dodgers Stadium last home stand, he actually threw live BP similar to what we saw Otani do in New York. And Dave Roberts declared he predicts she and to be the sleepy the sleeper pick to help the Dodger rotation in the second half of the season. So Emmit Sheehan certainly is a guy that can come back in the second half of the year and helped the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: David is tripping by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this smart yep, it can only be called the F one fifty. Yesterday, the Freeman's Freddie and Chelsea made a significant financial charitable donation DV.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Chelsea Freeman, who stayed back on this road trip because there was a foundation dinner for Children's Hospital Orange County a couple of nights ago. And we all remember the struggle their youngest son, Maximus, had to go through last year and he's still not completely out of the woods. And the Freemans are still very grateful for what Children's Hospital Orange County did, So on behalf of Freddy and the to the family. Chelsea Freeman donated a million dollars to the Children's Hospital Orange County Foundation because of what their son Max went through and how much those doctors helped out their son Max. So she posted that on Instagram in honor of their son Max and on behalf of herself and Freddie. So, I know we forget about those things. I know Freddie's out there playing every day. Max is doing a lot better. Freddie told us that on the last road trip. But certainly there's a certain amount of gratitude they still have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the doctors and nurses at all the children's hospitals Orange County, LA, across the country, they do fantastic work for our youngsters out there, all right. David Chris Taylor gets released a week ago by the Dodgers and has found himself a nice little landing spot in Orange County.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he signed with the Angels yesterday officially past the physical and he was in center fields starting for the Halos last night at Angels Stadium against the Yankees. He doubled up on his jersey number, Tim He's wearing number thirty three in red with the Angels, and unfortunately it was a lot of what we saw of Chris Taylor the last couple of years. Oh for three last night with two strikeouts in his Angels debut.
Speaker 3: Kind of Lisa wasn't over three with three strikeouts, So yeah.
Speaker 7: I guess so. Austin Barnes still has not found a team.
Speaker 11: A lot of teams out there are not looking to upgrade their backup catchers situation, so right now he still hasn't found a team.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see where he ends up landing. David appreciating great stuff. We'll check back in in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you'll hear from David Cohne will dive deeper into this pitching matchup with a local guy on the mound for the Cleveland Guardians, Tennor Biby Mission Viejo and cal Stave Fullertson.
Speaker 3: Yes, Colin, I know you.
Speaker 2: Went to cal State Fullerton as well as he leads up to first Bitch on this Tuesday, Dodgers and Guardians from Cleveland. I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Hits the Dodgers and Guardians Dustin May ten or Biby at cal State of Fullward ten Mission Viejo High School. That is the pitching matchup in game two of his three games set from Progressive Field.
Speaker 3: First Pitch set for three ten.
Speaker 1: Dog who wants a hot It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty seventeen. June thirteenth, twenty seventeen, Yasio Puige, a young Dodger, hit a two run home run to give the Dodgers a two to nothing and lead. The Dodgers would find themselves tied to two in the eighth Inny Clayton. Kershaw, working on a really good performance that day, seven plus sittings in the eighth, tied at two. Cody Bellinger, young rookie, untied it.
Speaker 5: Two and one to Bellinger and the pitch fly ball the right field, It's deep, it is on its.
Speaker 7: Way, and back at the wall it is gone. Home run Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 5: Robertson leaped as high as he could three hundred and seventy five feet from the plate.
Speaker 7: Bellinger with the home run.
Speaker 4: His sixteenth of the year, and the Dodgers take a three to two lead.
Speaker 2: Cody Bellinger with the home run to give the Dodgers a three to two lead. Remember, at that time one of the best relievers in baseball was Andrew Miller of the Guardians, and the Dodgers were able to get to him in the eighth. In he would two three more than ninth, including a three run home run from Cody Bellinger. He went deep twice in that game, four rbive for the rookie Cody Bellinger and a seven to five Dodgers win in June of twenty seventeen over the Guardians.
Speaker 3: This Hofey Magical.
Speaker 2: Moment brought to you by Hockey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs local so great, Well, let me continue here on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: We will check you in with Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: We're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Guardians from Cleveland. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 8: Deck on your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 1: Season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians Game two this three game set. Dodgers won the opener yesterday behind Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 3: Dustin May on the mountain.
Speaker 2: In this second game, first pitch from Cleveland is coming up in three times.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick Monday keeping up bright spirit even though he's in Cleveland, Ohio with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Rick, thanks a lot for jumping on again.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a good thing that people were not catching as live as we were chatting off air right before this, because you have an interesting i think geographical shall we say, confines of what the valley is, where the valley is located. So we'll have to carry on this conversation some of the time, maybe get some votes too. Because I grew up on the south side of the Santa Monica Mountains. You grew up on the north side. Of the Santa Monica Mountains, and your definition of valley is a heck of a lot different than those of us that grew up in the Santa Monica area.
Speaker 7: One thing we can agree upon.
Speaker 11: When I was growing up going to Zuma Beach and going to Santa Monica, there was a lot of resentment for valley guys coming over the mountains.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you've proven the point that we were actually growing up and we had pretty good knowledge. No, you were the one exception. No, what I love about the fact of southern California. We can talk about designations, but heck, we'rellness the same thing together. And I think, especially following a Memorial Day yesterday and over the weekend, it's about time that we all kind of joined hands and kind.
Speaker 6: Of move forward together. We have a lot to be thankful for in this.
Speaker 11: Country, and I hopefully Rick Monday doesn't hold my hand and walk me to the end of the Santa Monica Pier one of these days.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I'll just stand you on the edge and say, you know, David, if you can take one more step backwards, you get a real good shot.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, talking about talking about the pier and Cleveland. This was the date. I know you had brought this up in the past. Well, it was on this date that the Red Sox credited with a two to nothing victory. Delayed game cannot be continued because of dense fog rolling into Cleveland Stadium at the time.
Speaker 6: Well, they talked.
Speaker 5: To oil Can Boyd, who was pitching for the Red Sox, and he made a comment, what do you expect when they build a ballpark on the ocean? You talk about geographically challenged? Oil canboy proved that point nineteen eighty six on this date.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oil camp Boy.
Speaker 11: That's one of those baseball yogiisms that will always live in infamy.
Speaker 5: Right Rick, Yeah, Well, he didn't know the difference between an ocean in the nearby Lake Erie and that was the ballpark. It was referred to as the mistake on the lake. But yeah, dense fog happened to happen to roll in. We also understand that there could be some rain rolled in here tomorrow and at the start time, we're hearing a little rumblings at the start time may be moved.
Speaker 6: We don't know if that.
Speaker 5: Means moved up, moved back, but it stay tuned in the meantime, we'll play this game tonight. The Dodgers need to win their thirty fourth game of the season. And by the way, thirty three third percent of the season is now complete.
Speaker 11: And when you take inventory of the Dodgers, Rick last night, Yamamoto continued to cy young campaign and Will Smith has been on fire ever since Game one in Tokyo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he has been.
Speaker 5: In fact, Floria Smith who's not in the lineup tonight, Dalton Rushing will do the catching hill band at the eighth spot. But for Will Smith, you start to look at the last fourteen games. He's hitting three to ninety four.
Speaker 6: Extra base hits. Two of those are home runs.
Speaker 5: He's struck out only four times, and he has walked sixteen times in those fourteen games. So he gets arrest, but he's been on base a great number of times. That's just a terrific fourteen game stretch.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna dip my toe in the Michael Conforto lake with you, Rick, because I mentioned his name. I type his name and it gets a reaction that is not flattering from Dodger fans. What are you seeing from the struggling left fielder.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing consistent to swings and maybe even approaches. It's difficult to get into the mind of a hitter, and especially when you're kind of a distance away. But if we look at last night, I was encouraged from the standpoint. Now, this may sound strange to a lot of people, but they probably think I'm strange anyway, a lot of different times.
Speaker 6: He had two walks last night.
Speaker 5: I point to those walks because those were good at bats.
Speaker 6: Why were they good at bats?
Speaker 5: He was behind in the count early and did not expand the strike zone. That's something that a few weeks ago he didn't fall into that category. And when he got behind, he expanded the strike zone trying to fight his way out of his slump. So I think he's making a little progress here and there. He's in left field tonight, he will be a schedule to play in left field tomorrow on the finale this road trip as well. So little steps and hopefully that's a turnaround. Because he did hit the ball quite frankly, he hit the ball with authority in New York. A lot of the line drives he hit, unfortunately, were caught and it hit right at people.
Speaker 11: All Right, We'll see whether or not Michael Conforto can change those hard hit outs to hard hits.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Rick.
Speaker 5: In the meantime between now and tomorrow, when we talked to another, try and get a designation on the boundary lines of the valley.
Speaker 11: Hard High School not in the valley, Rick, just a memo. Goodbye lake Erie a lake, not an ocean.
Speaker 7: Same thing. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Heart High School not in the San Fernando Valley. The valley is the San Fernando Valley. Heart High School is in the Santa Clarita Valley YESCV, along with West Ranch, Saugust Canyon, Valencia, Castake, Golden Valley. That's the Santa Karna Valley. All right, that's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future. To California Community College, financial aid to hell able to help you with tuition, books, and yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll go high and tight, David Cone, that's next Dodgers Guardians first pitch of three ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leaning up to Dodgers and Guardians on the Tuesday Dustin May and Tanner byby the pitching match tumble dive deeper into the numbers for both of them coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Sushi.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. They've got different roles, they got a poke bowl, they got it all for you, made on site, fresh daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste Zen She handcrafted sushi, always fresh near the deli counter at Ralph's.
Speaker 3: Always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 8: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: Honored to be joined right now by a man that does a great job. On Sunday Night Baseball. It helps that he's a cy Young Award winner, a five time World Series champion, and that's the one and only Dayne David.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 12: Appreciated, my pleasure any time to be on with you.
Speaker 11: Your Yankees twenty five years ago was the last major League team to repeat as champions. What does it take for this Dodger team to be able to even consider attempting that?
Speaker 12: Well, obviously, you know, the people talk about health, the overall health of a team. That's a big key. You know that everybody knows. But really, to me, it comes down to the emotional part. How bad you want it, you know, how how aggressively you pursue that as a team, and you know, sometimes it really just comes down to that how relentless you are, and the Dodgers are relentless. So yeah, I don't think that's gonna be a problem, but you'd be surprised that some players sort of you know, once you reach the mountain, you scale the mountain, and then yeah, the off season is a little shorter, maybe you're not quite as motivated, maybe you're a little too satisfied. I don't see those signs from the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: It's funny you said that because I spoke to your former manager Joe Tory a couple of days ago, and he said, the one thing you have to fight off is admiring what you did the year before.
Speaker 12: That's that's key, you know, Joe Torre's you know it says it better than me. But yes, that's really you know, the sentiment in a nutshell is just the motivation factors. How motivated are you to be great? How motivated are you to have a legacy? How motivated are you to sort of be remembered as a dynasty. And that's what you got going on here. Historically speaking, you're going to be ten twenty years from now, you're going to look back on this ara and say, that was the dynasty and did we do all we could to make sure that it happened?
Speaker 11: How did David Conan the Yankees twenty five years ago stay motivated not when it got to October, but during the marathon of the season.
Speaker 7: It was the same thing.
Speaker 12: It was a relentless professionalism. It was just a never too high, never too low kind of a mentality of you know, you forget the losses, you forget the tough games. You're ready for today, You're ready for the next game, and you really do just stay in the present's that's where that mentality comes through, is when you just think about we play today, we win today today's game. That is all that matters. I'm not worried about tomorrow. I'm not worried about yesterday.
Speaker 11: David Cone is our guest, a five time World Series champion, and for a period of time there in the late eighties and the early nineties, whenever a team wanted to get over the hump, they seem to acquire David Cohne, whether it was the Yankees, the Blue Jays, obviously you had that type of championship, DNA. What makes a player be able to be that type of guy that you were.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was just kind of I was just kind of forced into it, you know, Initially I didn't. Maybe I wore out my welcome a little bit here and there. Maybe it was because I was going to be a free agent, and I was known as a guy who's going to push the system a little bit and test the market. So sometimes I put you in a position to be traded as well. But yeah, I just remember being, you know, sort of you know just this, this fear, this fear of failure in the big moments, that really kind of drives you. You didn't want to let your teammates down. You knew they were counting on you, You knew the fan base was counting on you when you got traded, So that that was that was motivation in and of itself, because you didn't want let them down, and you knew that that was your calling card that you had to come through in those kind of moments.
Speaker 11: You were intense. I remember watching you pitch very intense. Did you accept anything less from your guys?
Speaker 12: No, Actually, that collectively, it's a great question. Collectively, that's how the players police themselves in the clubhouse. You hold each other accountable. And there's certainly a lot of things that happen in a major league clubhouse that you never hear about in the media. But I guarantee you those are conversations that happened. Those are confrontations that happened. We certainly had our share in the nineties where you challenge each other and if you don't step up, or if you're not showing up ready, or you're not prepared, or you're not taking it seriously enough, you get called out in clubhouses like the Dodgers, like the Yankees back in the day. Yeah, that's called policing yourselves, and that's called accountability.
Speaker 11: That makes sense. David Cohen is our guest before I let you go. Everybody from Barry Bonds to David Vassey has shared their opinion on whether or not Sho Heyo Tani should pitch again. Where do you fall on that.
Speaker 7: I'd let him do what he wants to do. He's earned it.
Speaker 12: Yes, he should pitch again. He absolutely should pitch again, especially when you think that the Dodgers and the type of games are going to play in September and down the stretch run and potential postseason. Absolutely, he should pitch again. Everybody wants to see that is their risk involved. Of course, there's always risk involved, but you know that's what he wants, and that's why he signed here because he was guaranteed.
Speaker 3: That he would be able to do both.
Speaker 12: So if he's game, I'm game, let the show.
Speaker 7: Hey do what he wants, all right?
Speaker 6: Love it?
Speaker 11: David, thanks a lot for the time, and appreciate you always being so kind. A five time world champion being able to be as normal as you.
Speaker 7: Are not my pleasure, David any time for you.
Speaker 11: Hey the man, my favorite Royal not Mark Goobazah. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you. Cony.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game day, it's group day.
Speaker 2: And Shaky's dot Com lead you up to first pitch from Cleveland. Dodgers and Guardians Up NeXT's got a break down the pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Leading you up to Dodgers and Guardians says.
Speaker 2: The road trip continues from Cleveland, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers won the opener last night. First pitch from Progressive Field coming up at three tens.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: Work hard and play hard.
Speaker 2: In the New Tacoma with an I forced turbocharged engine at the truck built for the ball to see your Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: Today they make it easy.
Speaker 2: Tanner byby on the mound for the Guardians four and four, the three fifty seven ERA twenty six year old right hander from southern California. Mission Via Ho High School is where he's from, cal Stave Fullerton, fifth round pick of the Guardians, third season in the Big Leagues, making his eleventh start this season last time out ten Or Biby seven shutout innings, three hits, eight strikeouts in a win over the Tigers. This is just his second career start against the Dodgers. He faced in September of last year. He got a loss in that outing. He allowed two runs on four hits, four strikeouts in five innings of work.
Speaker 3: He will face Dustin.
Speaker 2: May code Red, the big right hander twenty seven years old, already in his seventh season in the Big leagues. Remember, he missed basically a year and a half almost two years because of injuries and the throat injury as well. He's finally healthy now and making his tenth start here in twenty twenty five. Two and four with a four to oh nine Erra big Red Fan twenty seven in his last twenty three and a third innings going back to May fourth. Last time out, one of his best outings against the Diamondbacks out of Dodger Stadium. Six innings, allowed one run on five hits while punching out eight in a victory. This is his first time ever facing the Guardians. Dustin May Tanner Biby out of Mission Vah High School and cal Stave Fullerton to go square off as the Dodgers and Guardians square off game two of this three game series. As we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next. I'm Tim Katson. This it's a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and the Guardians squaring off in Cleveland. Dodgers start the day with a two game lead in the NL West.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 2: E O Tani has let off with the home run in the last two games, five lead off home runs this season of his nineteen total, which is best in baseball.
Speaker 3: Will he do it again?
Speaker 2: We'll find out Tanner byby on the mount out of Mission via Hole High School and Cal's a fullers in. Dustin May warming up with the sunglasses right now at Progressive Field, looking to build on his last outing against the Diamondbacks. Before that, we head back out to the booth, Tim Neverett, Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thanks again.
Speaker 4: Dustin May gets the start tonight, two and four and a four to oh nine. Here's the difference with Dustin May, and the key for him is going to be competing and performing on.
Speaker 6: The road at home.
Speaker 4: He is two and one with a two nine six ERA away from Dodgers Stadium, zero in three with a five forty er also first inning, He's got to have a good first inning.
Speaker 7: His ERA in the first is nine.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's also not had much run support. In fact, the last four starts that totally, just six runs have been scored behind him when he has been on the mound on the outside looking in. There are some people who are saying he may be tipping his pitches. Will take a look at it. Tonight. Dodgers have to figure out Tanner Biby because his last start a shutout over the Detroit Tigers and they have been loaded with offense.
Speaker 4: He had a very good outing, his best of the season his last time out, and he's been good at home at one four six ERA at home, five thirteen on the road