Speaker 1: Okayochilly dot com, the precursor to the Friday Night Show right now here on the nineteenth of December twenty twenty five, allegedly according to that thing we call a counter and sort of the pre show that says, with the whole uh Trump Christmas speech, here goes, let's take a listen and just objectively try to follow what's happening.
Speaker 2: In America.
Speaker 3: Eleven months ago, I inherited a mess, and I'm fixing it. When I took office, inflation was the worst in forty eight years, and some would say in the history of our country, which caused prices to be higher than ever before, making life unaffordable for millions and millions of Americas. Some would say this happened during a Democrat administration, and it's when we first began hearing the word affordability. Our border was open, and because of this, our country was being invaded by an army of twenty five million. People came from prisons and jails, mental institutions, and insane asylums. They were drug dealers, gang members, and even eleven thousand, eight hundred and eighty eight murders, more than fifty percent of whom killed more than one person. This is what the Biden administration allowed to happen to our country, and it can.
Speaker 2: Never be allowed to happen again.
Speaker 3: We had men playing in women's sports, transgender for everybody, crime at record levels, with law enforcement and words such as that just absolutely forbidden. We had the worst trade deals that were made, and our country was laughed.
Speaker 2: At from all over the world. But they're not laughing anymore.
Speaker 3: The past eleven months, we have brought more positive change to Washington than any administration in American history. There's never been anything like it, and I think most would agree. I was elected in a landslide, winning the popular vote and all seven swing states and everything else, with a mandate to take on a sick and corrupt system that extra really just took the wealth from people and crushed the dreams of the American people.
Speaker 2: For the last four years.
Speaker 3: The United States was ruled by politicians who fought only for insiders, illegal aliens, career criminals, corporate lobbyists, prisoners, terrorists, and above all, foreign nations which took advantage of US at levels never seen before. They flooded your cities and towns with illegal aliens. They decimated your hard earned savings. They indoctrinated your children with hate for America released really, I mean, they just released a level of violent felons that we had never seen to pray on innocent. They caused war, they caused mayhem, They caused a horrible situation.
Speaker 2: All over the law.
Speaker 3: But now you have a president who fights for the law abiding, hard working people of our country, the ones who make this nation run, who make this nation work. And after just one year, we have achieved more than anyone could have imagined. Starting on day one, I took immediate action to stop the invasion of our southern border.
Speaker 2: For the past seven months.
Speaker 3: Zero illegal aliens have been allowed into our country, which everyone said was absolutely impossible. Do you remember when Joe Biden said that he needed Congress to pass legislation to help close the border. He was always blaming Congress and everyone else. As it turned out, we didn't need legislation, We just needed a new president. We inherited the worst border anywhere in the world, and we quickly turned it into the strongest border in the history of our country.
Speaker 2: In other words, in a few short months, we.
Speaker 4: Went from the worst.
Speaker 2: Many chater cities four.
Speaker 5: Level.
Speaker 6: There was one other participant in the conference.
Speaker 3: And they decimated the Blood Thursday foreign drug cartels. We did that all by ourselves, with our people, and we're so proud of it, because they were poisoning and destroying our population.
Speaker 2: Drugs brought in.
Speaker 3: By ocean and by sea are now down ninety four percent. We have broken the grip of sinister woke radicals in our schools, and control over those schools is back now in the hands of our great and loving States, where education belongs. After rebuilding the United States military in my first term and with the addition we are.
Speaker 2: Adding right now, we have the.
Speaker 3: Most powerful military anywhere in the world, and it's not even close. As I've restored American strength, settled eight wars in ten months, destroyed the Iran nuclear threat, and ended the war in Gaza, bringing for the first time in three thousand years, peace to the Middle East, and secured the release of the hostages, both living and dead. Here at home, we're bringing our accountomy back from the brink of ruin to last administration and their allies in Congress looted our treasury for trillions of dollars, driving up prices and everything at lotton money ever seen before. I am bringing those high prices down and bringing them down very fast. Let's look at the facts. Under the Biden administration, car prices rose twenty two percent and in many states thirty percent or more. Gasoline rose, third, hotel rates rose thirty seven percent.
Speaker 2: One percent. Now under our.
Speaker 3: Leadership, they are all coming down and coming down. Facts also sent the cost of grocery storing, but we are solving that too. Really, price of a Thanksgiving turkey was down thirty three percent compared to.
Speaker 2: The Biden last year.
Speaker 3: The price of eggs is down eighty two percent since March, and everything else is falling rapidly, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not done yet. But boy, are we making progress.
Speaker 3: What's going on here at just some of the efforts that we have underway, you will see in your wallets and bank accounts in the new year. After years of record setting falling incomes, our policies are boosting take home pay at a historic pace. Real wages plummeted by three thousand dollars up. The typical factory worker has seen a wage increase of one thousd three hundred dollars. For construction workers, it's one thousand, eight hundred dollars for miners.
Speaker 2: We're bringing back.
Speaker 3: Clean, beautiful goal three thousand, three hundred dollars. And for the first time in years, wages are rising much faster than inflation.
Speaker 2: Remember that wage you just look at it.
Speaker 3: Wages are going up much faster than inflation.
Speaker 2: How big is that?
Speaker 3: Very importantly the actually I say that at any time in American history, and one hundred percent of all jobs created since I took office.
Speaker 2: Have been in a private sector.
Speaker 3: Think of that, one hundred percent of all jobs have been in the private sector rather than government, which is the only way to make a country powerful and great.
Speaker 2: This historic trend will continue.
Speaker 3: Already I've secured a record breaking eighteen trillion dollars of investment into the United States, wage increases, growth, factory openings, and far greater national security.
Speaker 2: Much of your success has.
Speaker 3: Been accomplished by tariffs, my favorite word, tariffs, which for many decades have been used successfully by other countries against US, but not anymore. Companies know that if they build in America, there are no tariffs, and that's why they're coming home to the USA in record numbers and plants at levels we haven't seen AI automobiles. We're doing what nobody thought was even possible, not even remotely possible. There has never frankly been anything like it. One year ago, our country was dead, We were absolutely dead. Our country is ready to fail, totally failed. Now with the hottest country.
Speaker 2: Anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: And that's said by every single leader that I've spoken to over the last five months.
Speaker 1: What does that mean we're the hottest country? Citation required? Ohthough, what does that mean? I don't know. I don't get it. And why is he screaming? You notice how I mean? He doesn't have hearing aid, right is hearing going? He's like yelling as if he's scolding all of us because we don't believe that. You know, we should know the jobs are just getting much better, and we should know the prices are down, even though they're not down at all. We should know that. Don't forget it.
Speaker 3: Next year you will also see the results of the largest tax cuts in American history that were really accomplished through our great, big, beautiful bill, perhaps the most sweeping legislation ever passed in Congress. We wrapped twelve different bill up into one beautiful bill that includes no tax on tips.
Speaker 1: When is that ever a good idea?
Speaker 3: And no tax on social security for our great seniors. Under these cover, many families will be saving between eleven thousand and twenty thousand dollars a year, and next spring is projected to be the largest tax refund season of all time because of tariffs. Along with the just passed one big beautiful bill. Tonight, I am also proud to announce that more than one thousand, four hundred and fifty thousand, think of this, one million, four hundred and fifty thousand military service members will receive a special we call warrior dividend before Christmas, a warrior dividend in honor of our nations founding in seventeen seventy six, we are sending every soldier one thousand, seven hundred and seventy six dollars. Think of that, and the checks are already on the way. Nobody understood that one until about thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Nobody understood checks on the way until thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Ago because of tariffs and the bill helped us along. Nobody deserves it more than our military now.
Speaker 1: Look, military services been deserved bonuses all the time for all sorts of reasons, But seventeen seventy six pretty funny. Also weird that he's sending. How many things has he said have been paid for out of the tariffs? Anybody keeping track, because he would have to have collected billions of dollars worth of tariffs, which is a tax basically which gets added into the cost of things, but paying no attention to that a lot of things are getting paid for out of these tariffs. Huh. I mean, it's good that the military service guys are getting something they should And by the way, the government that prints the money should be able to allocate and make adjustments without you know, having to take things out of one bank account to another. That's not the way business really works. But you know, I'm insane and.
Speaker 3: I say congratulations everybody. And by the way, we now have record enlistment in our military, and last year we had among the worst recruitment numbers in our military's history.
Speaker 2: A lot of difference a year mix.
Speaker 3: In addition, I'm doing what no politician of either party has ever done, standing up to the special interests to dramatically reduce the price of prescription gated directly with the drug companies and foreign nations to which were taken advantage of our country for many decades to slash prices on drugs and pharmaceuticals by as much as four hundred, five hundred and even six hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, four hundred, five hundred, six hundred percent means that they're starting to pay you after one hundred percent three times the amount that the drug was for you to take the drug, because that's the way math works. But he keeps making that claim anyway. Matter of fact, I mean, at least he's calmed down from the one thousand percent. But if you okay, I charge you ten dollars for something normally, Now I'm going to give you a five hundred percent discount. That means one hundred percent disappears the entire price of that ten bucks. And now I owe you ready forty dollars every time for that ten dollars item. So instead of you paying me ten dollars for it, in order to get five hundred percent back, unless my math is crazy, I got to pay you forty bucks. But pay no attention to that or the rest of the numbers, right, I mean, you know, because winning.
Speaker 3: In other words, your drug costs will be plummeting downward. And I use the thread of tariffs to get foreign countries who wouldn't.
Speaker 1: No, not plummeting downward. You're paying us to take the drug once you go over one hundred percent discount. One hundred percent discount means zero means now one hundred percent of what I was paying before means I get it for free. Anything larger than one hundred means you're starting to pay me, or you owe me or something. Oh, maybe he's working under that IOU principle where he owes people stuff and then doesn't pay him. So one hundred percent discount, which means you get it for free, then I'm gonna stiff you on the four hundred percent. But who was gonna complain? I'm trying to understand the logic. Maybe you guys could explain it to me.
Speaker 3: Never have done it to pay the cost of this giant dollar reduction. They stop ripping us off, and it began as of four days ago. There has never been anything like this in the history of our country. Drugs have only gone up, but now they'll be going down by numbers never conceived possible.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 3: Most favored nations and no presidents has ever had the courage or ability.
Speaker 1: Okay, most favored nation has nothing to do with what he's talking about. But let's just throw a bunch of terms into a box, shake him around and play political yatzi with your brains because you don't understand what's happening. So you're so stupid you'll think this is true. Beauty. Hey, I've seen stuff cut drop today too, didn't it isn't It isn't today today. I guess we'll find out on the call and show you guys will let me.
Speaker 3: Know city to get this done until now the first of these unprecedented price reductions will be available starting in January through a new website trumprx dot gov. And these big price cuts will greatly reduce the cost of health care. I'm also taking on the idantic health insurance companies that have gotten rich on billions of dollars of money that should go directly to the people. The money should go to the people, that's you, so they can buy their own health insurance, which will give far better benefits at much lower costs.
Speaker 2: It will be foods health insurance.
Speaker 3: The current Unaffordable Care Act was created to make insurance companies rich. It was bad healthcare at much too higher cost. Do you see that now in the steep increase in premiums being demanded by the Democrats, and they are demanding those increases, and it's their fault. It is not the Republican's fault. It's the democrats fault. It's the Unaffordable Care Act, and everybody knew it.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I want the money to go directly to the people, so you can buy your own health care.
Speaker 2: You'll get much way.
Speaker 1: Did he say the Democrats demand premiums because I thought the insurance entities, companies, maybe even the Obamacare bill causes different entities to demand these premiums, and I didn't think the Democrats did it directly. Is that how those guys are getting rich in Congress? I mean the Democrats anyway, according to him, because I keep trying to figure out how they become multi millionaires with their one hundred and something thousand or two hundred thousand dollars paychecks. Somehow or other they wind up with, you know, small fortunes tens of millions dollars before they leave Congress or the Senate. But maybe that's just maybe in crazy better.
Speaker 3: Health care at a much lower price, the only losers will be insurance companies that have gotten rich in the Democrat Party, which is totally controlled by those same insurance companies.
Speaker 2: They will not be.
Speaker 3: Happy, but that's okay with me, because you the people, are finally going to be getting great health care at a lower cost. Another major focus is the cost of energy. For years, the radical left Democrats exploited the green energy scam as an excuse to funnel many billions of dollars into their own massive slush funds as their energy restrictions drastically drove up prices, and they drove them up at record levels. Electricitic surge thirty to one under Biden, and the typical family lost five thousand to ten thousand dollars in higher energy costs. Think of that five thousand to ten thousand dollars you lost. On day one, I declared a national energy emergency.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for BP to show up. I've sent him a link for Jitsy. Hopefully he'll be here shortly and we'll get the live regular show underway. But until then, let's see if we can finish these last five minutes here.
Speaker 3: Gasoline is now under two dollars and fifty cents a gallon in much of the country. In some states, it, by the way, just hit one dollar and ninety nine cents a gallon, and within the next twelve months we will have opened one thousand, six hundred new electrical generating plants, a record, and it's a record that won't be beaten by practically, I would say, by anybody.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know about you, but my electricity bill keeps jacking up, up, up, up, up up up, no interruption. And in fact, my state entity has just requested that they have permission to jack us up some more, doesn't matter, and they'll do it just in time for that little bit of a heating spurt, you know, in order to make sure they capitalize here because a lot of electric heat in the southeast here. But are your electricity bills going down anywhere? Because they're all about to go up. They're making requests for increases. But somebody ought to project this different. I mean, something's being missed here. Maybe it's a five hundred percent mistake.
Speaker 3: Or certainly not very soon, prices or electricity and everything else will fall dramatically. The Democrat inflation disaster, again the worst in the history of our country, also robbed millions of Americans of home ownership, and indeed, the American dream the yearly cost of a typical new mortgage increased by fifteen thousand dollars under Democrat rule. In eleven months, we've already gotten that annual cost down by three thousand dollars and it's coming down a lot lower. Wait, do you see the numbers are going to be shocked and I'll sooner.
Speaker 1: Rents and mortgages are not going down anywhere I know, but please, by all means, somebody helped me find them somewhere, because I need to move.
Speaker 3: Announce our next Chairman of the Federal Reserve, someone who believes in lower interest rates by a lot, and mortgage payments will be coming down even further early the new year.
Speaker 2: And you will see this. In the new year, I will announce.
Speaker 3: Some of the most aggressive housing reform plans in American history. A major factor in driving up housing courts will see border invasion. Hey, this is the worst thing that Frankly, in my opinion, the worst thing that the Biden administration did to our country is the invasion at the border. The last administration and their allies in Congress brought in millions and millions of migrants and gave them taxpayer funded housing while your rent and housing costs kyrocketed. Over sixty percent of growth in the rental market came from foreign migrants. At the same time, illegal aliens stall American jobs and flooded emergency rooms, getting free health care and education paid for by you, the American taxpayer.
Speaker 1: Now illegals are also buying houses. I didn't know that. How are you able to buy a house with no paperwork at all? I don't understand. Because if we can do that, let's do it. I mean, let's go in no paperwork, We'll declare ourselves the legal immigrants and buy communities. I love this. I think Bpete might have joined me. And we only got let's see, look, we got two more minutes of this speech. Hey, can you hear me? Now? Can you hear me? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I got you, all right, I got you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to finish the rest of Trump's Christmas speech here and then we'll kick the regular live show right into it. But glad to have you with me, and you guys will get the regular show starting in just a couple of minutes. But I want to finish the rest of this because I'm very confused by this Christmas address.
Speaker 3: They also increased the cost of law enforcement by numbers so high that they are not even to be mentioned. For the first time in fifty years, we are now seeing reverse migration as migrants go back home, leaving more housing and more jobs for amrieks.
Speaker 2: In the year before my election, all.
Speaker 3: Net creation of jobs was going to foreign migrants. Since I took office, one hundred percent of all net job creation has gone to American born citizens, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You know, it's amazing they can track off the books employment so well. I've always had that wonder about how they know exactly how many people are being employed off the books when there are no books for it, you know, at the time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, in the end, government either serves the productive, patriotic, hard work and American citizen, or it serves those who break the laws, cheat the system, and seek power and profit at the expense of our nation. God to agree with Minnesota, where some millions have taken over the economics of the state and have stolen billions and billions of dollars from Minnesota and indeed from the United States of American, We're going to put an end to it.
Speaker 2: For so long as before my election, the vast.
Speaker 3: Majority of good and decent Americans were forced to watch as corrupt politician plundered the halls of power, exploited our taxpayers, and pillaged every system that makes civilized society function.
Speaker 2: But not anymore, and you see that every day. Not anymore.
Speaker 3: We're putting America first, and we are making America great again. Very simple. We are making America great again. Tonight, after eleven months, our border is secure, inflation has stopped, wages are up, prices are down. Our nation is strong, America is respected, and our country is back, stronger than ever before. We're poised for an economic boom the likes of which the world has never seen. Soon, we will host the World Cup and the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Both of which I got.
Speaker 3: But most importantly, we will celebrate the two huns hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. There could be no more fitting tribute to this epic milestone than to complete the comeback of America that began.
Speaker 2: Just one year ago.
Speaker 3: When the world looks at us next year, let them see a nation that is loyal to its citizens, faithful to its work, is confident to its identity, certain to its destiny, and.
Speaker 2: The envy of the entire globe. We are respected again like we have never been respected before.
Speaker 3: To each and every one of you, have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Speaker 2: God bless you all.
Speaker 1: No happy Honica on that be beat? You ready to roll?
Speaker 4: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: Alrighty then I guess let's do it. Let's see tone look right remember tone oak? Oh okay here, all right, you're good, okay good remember tone lope though, yes, right, and uh he's successful yep, funky cole medina and what was the other one? Wow? Thing right? Please baby baby please right, But at the beginning of one of those records, he said, let's do it. I kind of sound like them when I got my voice. Steve right, let's do it. Wold thing? Dam all right, who are you hurting yourself? Sneezing? Or did somebody score a touchdown?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to I'm trying to find a damn post on x where these guys are making claims about something. In the video link that they provide shows the guys right there when he said he was it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, you know it's like magic tricks. Don't watch my left hand because I'm gonna do it right in front of you. That's what everything is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's part of Candas's crowd.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, all right, Well we'll get to Kandas in just a minute. Let's get to the regular show start people, because we're about ten minutes past the normal start time. But I started playing the Trump speech and I got through the whole thing, the whole Christmas greeting. So there is your Christmas card from ocelly dot com.
Speaker 7: Now, mister Trump, how about that is sponsored by Wallstreet, Window dot com and listeners.
Speaker 4: Liking now now the most aggervated noise and in all media tech.
Speaker 1: December nineteen, twenty twenty five, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar, be Pete, Did I just get the date right or wrong? Wait a minute, I think I got it right to nineteen. It is okay, and it's six days at Christmas? Right, anybody feeling that holiday spirit? I don't know if I am B Pete's coffin. I can barely talk, but that's okay. You know what. My pain level is lower today than it has been, but I'm still not functional. But what the hell We're going to do this anyway? So Ocelly dot Com. It is the Live Friar's Day Night, and here we are. My coach Bpete is with me and I'm hoping to hear from him quite a bit tonight, guys, and you three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is the number to call, and I'm hoping that we can have fun like we did last week because it was kind of a fun show. I felt like. Only odd thing is I got canceled on by Aaron at the last minute. Uh, But tonight I am assured he and uncle are both ready to go. Apparently he didn't feel well right at airtime, so the age of transitions is scheduled for ten pm Eastern. You're on Ocelli dot Com Radio and until then, yes, guess what it's you be, Pete and me here on the air three one nine five two seven five zero one six. And you know, if it doesn't start working better, maybe we'll just start giving out the jitsy link and letting people randomly join us via the video connection. Excuse me, I'm trying to keep myself from throwing up anyway. Messy MESSI is what I am at this point. Hopefully you guys are doing better and it is getting closer to that holiday season and all that good stuff. We could cover some news, We could go into some pop culture. We could talk nostalgia because it is the season after all, and all of that. Plus who knows, maybe we'll get into the civil wars, the various ones and the various clik factions out there, the cliks for clicks or the clicks for clicks. Who knows what, but Candice and Tim Poole are going at it. Alex Jones is freaking out because hey, look, he wants you to hate everybody. He bought the Jews. I don't know if that's a good formula, but works for some people. Anyways. It is what it is. It was what it was, and the MSM still sucks. What can I say there? Erica Kirk gave a weird interview. You know, we could talk about all of that, or the latest South Park or whatever's on your mind. How about that? You got thoughts for Christmas? Thoughts for the New year? Should we do an end of year wrap up? Here? We got one more week to do it with because wait a minute, six days, seven days from now would be what the day after Christmas? You feel like doing the show with Christmas hangover Bpete or what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can do it. Well, Christmas is on Thursday. Yeah, we can do it, no problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going anywhere great, and I'm going to record some extra stuff. I've been getting to like one maybe two podcasts a week here lately. I've been a little slowed down, but I am working my way up to getting some more stuff done. I have some offers from people to do some shows and a few that are gonna have to wait until after the holidays. Excuse me, I've just really not had the heart to do the news shows. Also, I don't know if you saw it today, but they're gonna let one of the guys in the jam Master J case that was convicted. They're gonna let one of him off, one of those guys off, one of him off, Like there's more than one guy, like they're doing clones. But anyway, they're gonna let one of the guys in the jam Master J murder go, which I think is ridiculous. And Jay was not involved in drug stuff, and yet they keep trying to say drug deal gone bad, and meanwhile, this guy's gonna get off that they I don't even remember them convicting the guy. This has been a continuous outrage with that. You know, people talk about Tupac and Biggie, even though kify D kind of confessed but then kind of retracted, et cetera, et cetera, And we don't seem to want to solve any of these murders, whether it's Charlie or Jammaster J or JFK, I don't know. You know, Oh, I still got to withhold my anger at the JFK research community, but we'll get to that in the coming weeks, maybe hopefully with any luck, BPTE. With all of my rambling, and one more time, I'll give the number three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. What is on your mind this week? Outside of that cough? It sounds like you've been I don't know, in a dustbin or something. Are you okay?
Speaker 4: No, Well, it's just all that stuff that was running down the back of my throat last week is now in my chest, so you know, it's it's not it's just drainage and I'm smoking too much. But other than that, no, I'm fine. Good to go. Been digging a trench allt well. First part of the week, it was freezing cold. I mean, we were in the thirties during the daytime, so we didn't get a lot done around here. But it's been nice and warn in the past couple of days. In fact, I even grilled out tonight.
Speaker 1: So it was aren't we about to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Aren't we about to go back into the thirties again too? Because I think I saw a thing where it's going to freeze over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, Sunday it's going to get pretty cold here, so maybe Saturday morning for you guys. Well, also, we don't mind that day behind your half day behind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And another thing I just thought of. I thought last week you said you're not going to dig the trench because you're going to get some younger people to do it. Are you unable to get the younger guys to come out and dig a ditch or what?
Speaker 4: I've been evidentable to find anybody who's got time to do it. So I got out there and started digging. I got about twenty feet left, but I've just hit a huge knot of roots next to a oak tree. So the past two days has been cutting out stumps and everything. I got to go two feet deep, so Yeah, it's not the easiest digging, but other than that, we're doing pretty good. I mean, I don't mind to get down there and doing it myself. It's just that when I first started on it, my back wasn't made for it. But we've worked it into shape.
Speaker 1: I got you, you know, when I was doing work like that, that's when I first discovered the magic of a reciprocal saw. Actually trying to cut down those root systems, you know, like so you just break them off at different points so you can make them more manageable to try and you know, get rid of all those damn roots that are in the way in your little patch of grass.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a saws all, but I've got some other stuff underground there. I just want to go whipping in. And I was gonna get my chainsaw out, but I've got a new chain on it, so I don't want to get it in the dirt. But once I get through this one three or four foot section, I should be good to go, and then I can get the rest of it in tomorrow. So I'm supposed to have pretty good weather tomorrow, and it's supposed to be nice on Sunday, it's just going to turn cold overnight Sunday in a Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's cold, ready for it. If it's cold, then the ground's going to be hard though, right, I mean, so that's gonna make it?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: This is this is soft loamy. You get down a foot, you're almost in pure sand.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well that provides its own set of troubles. But anyway, please continue though, I mean outside of that, what else you got going on?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Nothing much. I'm just trying to figure out what we're gonna do for Christmas. Some friends want to get together. Some people in the neighborhood are going to be eating. I told them I'm probably gonna be sitting at the house watching TV. Is sitting on my fat but it's not doing anything. I really don't like traveling on holidays because everybody's traveling.
Speaker 1: But that's a good question though, Just okay, so you're not going to travel. A lot of people are not going to travel because despite the supposedly lower prices of things, everybody's telling me it's too expensive for them to travel anyway. But okay, if you're going to sit at home, right, TV options are way different nowadays. I mean, what in the hell can you watch on TV without you know, paying a fortune to stream everything one by one? I mean, are you gonna let's see the Malania doc documentary doesn't premiere until January. Now, I think you know what other holiday viewing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't care less about a Millennia documentary.
Speaker 1: People are excited, Hey, people are excited for that media event. You know what I'm saying. I don't know why forty million dollars better be good, you know, or maybe not?
Speaker 4: I just she you know, she's called a lot of flak for being somebody that's that's not gotten into the political fray. I mean, she has stayed back as much as she can. Of course, it's kind of hard to do when your husband's Donald Trump. But you know, I think she's done a good job staying out of it, and people really give her a lot of grief for no reason. I still don't understand it.
Speaker 1: So you didn't see the preview then or the trailer, I guess no, Okay, you really should watch the trailer because the trailer gives me the impression that she is the most active up front, right out in public. First Lady ever looks like she's actually running the joint. I mean, like, maybe she's actually the power behind the Donald according to what I'm seeing in this in this trailer.
Speaker 4: El. Yeah, she might have. She might have learned her lesson from the first administration and thought, Okay, this time I'm gonna be on top of things. It could be. But you know the thing is, though, you know how much I stick to the news, in that I haven't seen hardly anything over except for when oh so and so says they're gonna put her on the cover and half the staff say they're gonna quit. I mean, you see that crap, but you don't see the other stuff. And as much as I'm glued to the news, I haven't seen it. And it really it doesn't matter to me because I'm not I'm not a fan, but I'm not. I don't have anything against her. I think she's putting up with a lot of crap. God knows, if she's married to Donald Trump, she deserves a freaking medal.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but you know, if you're producing an alternate reality for this documentary, you know what can I say? I guess that's not the first time I've seen that. But she's not upfront, she's not out front. She's definitely not appearing to be you know, is she Trump's brain? Almost? I take from this preview. Maybe it's just me, but it's like, wow, I wouldn't have even you know, we just a couple of months ago were talking about her hiding in that dress in that hat right over in England and there was jokes about that She's like hiding in the corner under the big hat right And now it's like they have this whole thing going on where it's like as if she's on tour. I don't know, man, it's weird. It's definitely weird. Well it's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I almost say this, and people may disagree with me, but when it comes to first ladies and the impression that she gives with her fashion and what she wears to these things, and I know that matters to a lot of women and a lot of people out there in the magazine business. But she's I mean, she's she's class. I don't care what you say. If you don't like her, I don't give a damn. But she does exude a certain amount of class. She's very photogenic. She's probably the best looking first lady we've had in a long long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's eliminate you know, looks. And also let's eliminate democrats from the discussion. All right, and let's look it back at Republican first ladies and let me ask you questions, because it seems to me as though this is not the best of the Republican first ladies, no matter how you try and slice this objectively, you know, and I look back on it and I see, you know, just in the course of my lifetime. Right, we start out with Pat Nixon. Okay, Pat Nixon didn't do much, you know, in the public eye. She was sort of an accouterment, a what do you call that, an accessory almost to the Nixon presidency. Right, Pat's just along for the ride, almost like Checkers the dog. I mean, he's just there, Okay, not a big deal. Then you get Betty Ford, right, and Betty Ford, look, you can there's something to examine there, because Betty Ford is definitely not Pat Nixon and melting into the wallpaper. She's out there doing stuff, saying stuff and being a cultural influence of some sort. Right, what are your thoughts on Betty Ford?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, other than having a drug rehab clinic named after you. You know what, first ladies back then didn't do a whole heck of a lot. They didn't you know, they had their little pet project and that was about it. But I mean, I really have no feelings towards Betty Ford. She's just a middle aged housewife, or a middle American housewife. Let's just put it that way, okay.
Speaker 1: And now that's one way to look at her. But see, I would say that that's more like Pat Nixon, who really didn't do anything of consequence. Right, she might have written some thank you notes, and like I said, she was just sort of a you know, an accessory to Nixon. But Betty Ford was, you know, out there. As a matter of fact, the idea that you know, the first lady has her project and goes and does her thing, in my mind in my lifetime, begins with Betty Ford. Okay, So then we got to skip over, you know, Carter, because like I said, no Democrats, all right, Moving on to Reagan. You got Nancy Reagan, and she was active, controversial. People look to her to make statements that she didn't make, and of course most well known for just say no and the drugs and blah blah, blah, and yeah, you could say that Nancy definitely was trying to have a cultural influence in general and public. Plus there are some people that say she was puppeteering Ronnie there for a while. You know, different first lady than Betty Ford once again again, but certainly somebody was visible and visible as more than a accessory. Right, So what are your thoughts on Nancy Reagan?
Speaker 4: She has a loon from what I understand.
Speaker 1: Oh, agreed, but nonetheless at the time in the public's mind. I mean, I don't know, did everybody know about the whole psychics coming to the White House and all that at the time or was that later?
Speaker 4: I'm not about it at the time. Maybe it came out during the second administration, but I know people knew about it while she was in office because people were making fun of it. But I think after Carter's wife's revelation about the faith healers and that coming to the White House the psychic really didn't create that big a stir. They remember seeing about it in the news.
Speaker 1: Well, it made the career of what was it, Donna Dixon or whatever, because for a while there, right the Inquirer had to secure her services as their exclusive prognosticator regarding the future. Uh, and it sort of gave birth to that industry on the kookie side. But you also have again the you know, just say no to drugs and all that kind of stuff, which was the most stupid thing. Uh, you know, you tell an Inny, it was just ridiculous. It was like, we now have the scourge of crack cocaine, which I also find to be a funny dynamic because totally misunderstood by the establishment. What was happening there, uh, and where these things came from. Plus, you know, if you want to get into it deeply, you know, maybe you don't. I don't know how you feel about the whole the CIA encouraged crack to be sold in this country situation. But there's lots of provable accusations there, you know. And at the same time, you have an administration going around telling you, look, I know that this seems to be your only way to survive and everything else, and crack is being dumped into your neighborhood no matter what you do. But just say no, as if that's going to help anything. I mean, where does that go? You know what I mean, Hey, you're doing bad things? You know what you should do, just say no. I always found that to be the most ridiculous idiocracy possible. You know, It's like, yeah, no kidding. If it were just that simple, would we need Nancy Reagan and the weird makeup job, you know, was like it really reminded me of those what do you call those things that get the guys that people use for ventriloquism, you know, like they literally both of them, Ronnie and her had Hollywood makeup on that reminded me of Howdy Duty, both of them, right, with the weird extremes on the makeup. I mean, it was a strange time. Tammy Faye Baker the same way, right, you know, the wild, crazy, extra clown makeup on both of them. But weird she was. But she you got to admit, she was out there in the culture and you know, the anti drug programs and all of that. The kinder, gentler part of the drug war and the rise of modern conservatism, quite frankly is the Reagan era, and she's part of that. You know, what are the ladies going to do? But you would say that she was just you know, not really a big deal, or would you say, I mean, besides the kookiness. You don't think that she was impactful even or what.
Speaker 4: No, I think she was impactful. I mean what she was running a whole second administration for Reagan, you know, and then he had Bush come right behind, and that's when all of the crap about the crack cocaine and that came out. Nancy Reagan, Yeah, she made I think she made a big impact. Well not big impact if you separate the first lady from the president. Nancy Reagan made some headlines. Whether she made an impact or not, I don't know. The say no on drugs thing that was. I mean, that was a joke and everybody knew it was a joke when she said it. But you know, then you got followed up by Bush. Barbara Bush wasn't that bad looking, but she was never really you know, she wasn't out there. She wasn't She didn't have the history Malania had, you know, being a model and this and that and everything else.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa Barbara Bush. Wait a second, you know, wait a second, I got a question. Oh Barbara Bush. Wait, that is the correct order. Wait wait, stop, stop, that is the correct order. Barbara Bush is next, but sorry, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of George. I'm thinking of George. Okay, you're thinking you're like everybody's grandma, right.
Speaker 1: You're thinking of Okay, you just mixed up W and HW because I was like, wait a minute, she's not that good. Look not that bad? You in the granny porn? What's going on? Great granny porn?
Speaker 4: She was everybody's grandma. In fact, I'm surprised that when Sheldon on Big Bang Theories Grandma came on, that they didn't have someone like her, someone that you would picture as a grandma or you know one of the what was the sitcom with the Four of the Golden Golden Girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she would have.
Speaker 4: Been like Betty White or somebody.
Speaker 1: She would have been like Betty White's mom. I mean she looked way older. I mean, look at George w H W. Bush Excuse me, wasn't that old at the time he went into office. But he looked like he might have married. You know, he was into the older ladies already. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think she I think she was older than him.
Speaker 1: Was here.
Speaker 4: I have to look that one up.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but the esthetic was that he's kind of an older guy, and she's a much older wife. So it was like, uh, she definitely would have fit in as an extra, you know, as a fifth on the Golden Girls for sure. But she was Yeah, I'm like, whoa wait a minute, because Barbara's got the white hair in case everybody forgot, and she does follow Nancy Reagan in the in the order here because now we're gonna have to skip over eight years of Clinton next, so you know, to go through the first ladies. But you know, here's the thing with Barbara, right, can you even tell me what was Barbara's pet project? Because we know what Nancy's were, we know what Betty Fords was, you know, like I said, Pat Nixon was just sort of you know, that thing that hung off of Richard on occasion. But what was Barbara Bush's thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Barbara was. She was just she was not quite a full year older than George hw.
Speaker 1: That's not the way it looked. But yeah, okay, I believe that, but that's not the way it looked, right, I mean, she looked way older. But anyhow, what was her pet project? Do you remember what.
Speaker 4: Was her thing was? It wasn't with the libraries.
Speaker 1: What was it that was the other Bushes, see, so not memorable. It was her that you got to jump to the next generation of Bush and you're you're trying, you're picking from there. No, Barbara Bush's thing, what was it? See, I'm not I'm not certain off the top of my ce. You know, somebody will say it to me and I'll go, yeah, right, okay, But it's not something that sticks with you even a bit, does it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I did not. I did not know that. She was diagnosed with Graves disease in eighty nine, so she frequently carried out charity work, including her projects to promote literacy and her support for people with aides.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: She did the commencement speech at Wellesley College, and of course she was involved with her son's.
Speaker 1: Run. Yeah yeah, but look, think all do okay, all of thees in modern times could make a claim to you know, charity work. They all do that as just something to do while they're first ladies, right. They all show up to charity events, They all have charities with their names on them. They get attached to charities, that's what they do. And you know, you could go back to Jackie oh for sure and still see that going on. You know, she was about restoration, preservation, history, stuff like that. That was her charity type work. And there are other First Ladies before that that even had, you know, their little crusades. But my point is that Barbara Bush's crusade. Yes, she had something to do with literacy at one point, but she didn't even have a real prominent She wrote.
Speaker 4: A children's book, you know, about their dog Millie.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you see what I'm saying. There's no major focus that comes out of her time as First Lady. Now granted it's only one of you know, one term, but nonetheless there's no like, here's my first Lady project. You know, everybody had it, even even the Democrats. They all got their little first Lady projects.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I wanted to leave them out because that'll go into hyperbole we don't need to get into, you know.
Speaker 4: But the point is, you know, because we even commented on Malania's during the first term of Trump. You know, Mlanie picked up bullying, and even back then, I remember making the comment, is she sure as hell pick the right thing to get into when her husband's the biggest bully out there, which I found it amazing. Well, nobody, you know, explained what this looks like, you know, when you say that you're a champion of supporting non bullying situations in school and online and your husband's the biggest bully out there. But I thought that was ironic, Well just like.
Speaker 1: You know, on the back of a jacket at one point, I don't care, do you you know what I mean? Like f Christmas and all this stuff. She is definitely not the most you know, like I don't know. She contradicts herself, let's say, in her actions and her activities. But we didn't even get to Milania yet because I'm still stuck on Barbara. And my point is I defy somebody to off the top of their head, remember, you know, Okay, you can look it up and it'll say that Barbara was you know about you know, literacy and this and that. But frankly, I think people are making it, you know, transposing the next Bush which is gonna come up here, Laura Bush onto Barbara Bush because Barbara Bush. Yeah, Barbara Bush did nothing. Laura Bush, however, is W's wife, right, and she was out there now she wasn't, you know, as prominent a public figure as some of the other ladies we've already talked about here, but she was definitely out there enough that you could remember that she was about literacy. Barbara. No, anyway, Laura and Laura is a There's nothing wrong with Laura Bush appearance wise, by the way, as far as I get craped for that, by the way, where I'm like, she's like a regular looking woman. There's nothing like, you know, wrong with her. She doesn't look up.
Speaker 4: Yeah she was. Yeah, she was a good looking woman. I mean, she wasn't stunning, but yeah, i'd hell, i'd do her, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like, look at it this way. Pat Nixon wasn't bad looking either, but she looked like she came out of a barbie box from the nineteen forties. I mean, she just was in the wrong time. And then Betty Ford's a little beat up looking. I mean, you're gonna live a life. You're gonna live a life. It's just the way it was. Nancy had that weird clownish like almost like wax figure appearance. You know, by the time you get to Barbara Bush, who looks like she's way older than her old man, who is definitely not a young looking guy either. You know what I'm saying, It just is what it is. This is part of the Senior Citizen contingent. But then you get into Laura. Laura's actually, you know, one of the first. I mean, some people weirdly would say that Hillary was kind of attractive at one point, but I don't see it. Let's put her aside again, no Democrats. But the thing is, you know, Laura's the first first lady I remember going well, at least she looks like, you know, a relatively attractive woman, and like like, she doesn't look horrifying or way too old or beat up or just kind of regular woman, you know what I'm saying. And she had a crusade that was out there that wasn't super loud. She wasn't overshadowing her husband. She wasn't out there, you know, speaking out of both sides of her mouth like a hypocrisy parade. She wasn't out there trying to sorry to bring up the Democrat again, but trying to take over healthcare, which was stupid for a first lady to do, even if she had good intentions, you know. And she wasn't a fashion plate like Jackie. Oh no, she was just a low key regular woman who just appeared to be you know, taking care of her role and doing the right thing and actually had a clean reasonable you know, like it was reasonable for her to go after literacy. She was a school teacher. I'm pretty sure Laura Bush by profession, right, be Pete. Yeah, yes, I mean she was literally a school teacher, right, so it would make sense that she would care about childhood illiteracy and stuff like this. I mean, so it was sensible, it was logical. She wasn't, you know, horrifying to see on your TV screen. It was all okay, right, and it just seemed to be, you know, of the first ladies, she was the most reasonable, non ridiculous one I can first remember, unless I'm crazy. I mean, what do you think about that? Not hearing you be, Pete? I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she seemed more down to her hear Bertha. She wasn't really into the politics like the ones before. I mean, do you hear me now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Off and on. It seems like you dragged and we had a little electronic disturbance. But he said, yeah, so she was even keio go ahead, hmm.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Maybe b PTE came back in on the uh jitsy, Hey there you are, how about now? Yeah, I hear you again. So you were saying that Laura Bush was kind of an even keyo even character, you know, reasonable good.
Speaker 4: Well, she didn't seem to be really into the politics like her mother and law or Pat Nixon or uh Nancy Reagan. Like she could stay back out of the politics.
Speaker 1: All right. She was able to be in the fray or out of the fray. It was just a you know, dealer's choice kind of day by day. And it was okay, I didn't mind her, you know, with the way she behathed. And then you got, of course, what comes next, so you know what, we're gonna take a break. What happened?
Speaker 4: He's laughing, now, No, just the way you you know put that, you know, I really, I really have a problem with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well I'm just saying like, okay, but I am annoyed by by some first ladies. I just am because they're you know, like it's like, do your crusade thing, do something that makes sense, Okay, try not to be a hypocrite, and you know, stay in your lane. Uh that's all I want. And I'll tell you what if it was, And we ended up with a first dude or first gentleman or whatever it is. I would say the same thing. You're not the one who's elected selected to do this job, so do your part and kind of stay out of the way and maybe do some good while you're sitting there right on the government's teat, so to speak. That's what I say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's where Hillary screwed up. You know, she jumped in with both feet from the beginning, and it's like, oh, yoh, wait a minute, lady, we didn't elect you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, because that was back in the time, in the nineties, in case people forgot, there was this time where it was like, well, we're going to be equal partners about everything. And it wasn't just her. There was sort of like this trend among a certain kind of feminist where it was like, you know, right, you.
Speaker 4: Good, you know good, and damn well that it won't equal in that household, especially the way you know so well that they'll came out afterwards. Jailery ran that White House, not Bill Clinton.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely true. Look, we're going to take a quick break and hopefully come.
Speaker 2: Back with your call.
Speaker 9: Radio The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great National transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information The War State dot com.
Speaker 4: This is James Corby at Qorter Report dot com, and you're listening to The Affect dot com.
Speaker 1: Wall Street dot dot com, Wall Street, Window dot com, Do dot Com. Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of the war state gives you the benefit of his knowledge. Wall streetdo dot dot go there, now go there, now go there, dot com Radio of the never denied medic state of Horseboo one.
Speaker 10: Recently anti gods and anything they would seem worthy of or anti completely divided as play were those adam mine without the liberty just getting freely of justice? The only do your league that cataporna win, but not on justice or the seat on the transhumanist tack bro space act rotilio.
Speaker 11: He's not about the systems that.
Speaker 12: Bring it's going. The rest of us all get in the league. It's a life country which is like?
Speaker 13: Which is so?
Speaker 10: Will be the funnish less or dead the fun of the war the truth lady of life will make you or she gets.
Speaker 5: A third something because that is God's transferred it.
Speaker 10: Or go crazy for this guy Dans Margo and Jesus left.
Speaker 2: Us to save ourself.
Speaker 1: From communism and fascism with me, Oh we go.
Speaker 4: Fascism and calotopathy is.
Speaker 10: In the New t Trump Bible Pods three, where the anti Christ is a transgender or Babylonists.
Speaker 2: Franchises have merely included.
Speaker 5: Trump Tower and a McDonald's in every new city of a prison or prophet planet.
Speaker 2: But enjoy.
Speaker 12: The nasty us the name we.
Speaker 13: Can affords the rat were not old justice with a seat on the transhumanist.
Speaker 11: Tech bro space axe rocket to hell. That's to cover those space axe rocket hell.
Speaker 1: It's the opportune rats.
Speaker 11: But the like country, we just mind make.
Speaker 10: It so they'll be able to be the punishment the burn the flag of war.
Speaker 12: Pee just gets a third me because that has got a joy prageous.
Speaker 14: Take no crazy bosky.
Speaker 4: Day Roger and sees that's what. Don't forget that though we are.
Speaker 11: Like country, we just mind nature, so.
Speaker 5: You will be the punishment for tailing to burn the flag of war.
Speaker 1: But you're already your place for michel Or and Jesus gets a third sir, because that is God's choice.
Speaker 2: The region race in the New World Order.
Speaker 1: Of Techno crazy promise Guy dance Murca than Jesus. Hey We yeah, hey know we are hey manly, Yeah hey do we yeah? Hey I do again? Hey Manuel, we got hey many did you express my caller? Schools there anyone else who happens to get on the air to Jelly dot com. Do not necessarily reply to the views of Jelly dot com or jocko Chilly and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might ensue.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Chili dot Com.
Speaker 15: Revelation through conversation.
Speaker 12: Up sell like a.
Speaker 11: Die and s a boys gret a ball tag went down by salt.
Speaker 13: Doc say thats w don't shorts bot shorts good store, don't dunk do so shut big bun store you so h h r yo boyard o squirm rose your rod good sauce wood rider up so snow you ays se spool.
Speaker 11: To rush up and took sounds.
Speaker 13: Like someone up just show.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 2: Oh see.
Speaker 1: Yes it's you alas.
Speaker 11: Your Yeah, yes, so if I don't suck a good.
Speaker 12: H say take you sucks?
Speaker 13: Don't you on Sun without a sack boughs Oh?
Speaker 12: I don't Sun?
Speaker 13: Thanks sus oh want to like you joy and you give me all ye oh no no.
Speaker 4: Oh Chili dot Com.
Speaker 1: Okay, one singular long commercial break there. I guess we'll put it at that. But we're about ten minutes to nine pm Eastern here in what we used to call America, and we are taking your calls. We do have one on the line that I saw. Let's see, looks like we still have one on the line. My co hos B Pete with me, and we've been talking about first Ladies and sticking to the Republican ones so that we don't, you know, devolve into the art events that I know we'd have about the various Democratic first Ladies. But I mean, just honestly, the first decent one I remember, you know, except b Pete has a different memory of Betty Ford than I do. But the first decent one that we can converge on and say, you know, was kind of like doing a good job and wasn't like a freak show to behold, and everything else was well Laura Trump and Laura Trump, Wow, Laura Bush. So you know, and we're talking about this in the context of the forty million dollar Amazon or what is it? Maybe is it Amazon or is it Hulu? I don't know. Somebody paid forty million dollars Jeff Bezos's company, so it must be Amazon forty million dollars to do it. You had to do a documentary on Milania, right, so, and I looked at the preview on that and it's kind of it seems to be from an alternate reality in my mind, but hey, maybe people's experiences will differ. And meanwhile, we do have a caller on the line, and you can be one of those callers too. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That is, if you're hearing us live on the nineteenth day of December twenty twenty five, according to that thing we call a calendar, and uh, if you're hearing us just before nine pm Eastern, it looks like right, is that what time it is? Yeah, it's like eight minutes to nine, so we got plenty of time. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. B Pete. We're going to interrupt our discussion to go to the caller, which I think is Danny from California. Let's see if it all works and everything, and if he's not too loud. Danny, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing fine, good evening to everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey Danny, were you listening to Part Watch again?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, yeah, I want to get in on this first lady talk.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's turn you down just to touch and yeah, let's get in on that first lady talk. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: When you started, I couldn't. I had to get a chuckle. His first thing is when you talked about. You know, you brought up Pat Nixon, and all I could think was family ties. Alex Keaton he had a thing for Pat Nixon, right.
Speaker 1: But that was the joke with him, right, because he was like the oddly conservative kid with the hippie parents, which was the exactly So you know, who's the hot woman to the conservative of the time, who's already a punchline. Well, Pat Nixon, why not? Right? That makes sense. She wasn't a bad looking one, by the way, you know, she wasn't a band looking, but she was just all I can't see her as being the primary woman I would pick out of my fantasies of public facing women at the time and go, oh, Pat Nixon, but whatever, you know, teach his own. But I don't remember her doing anything except, like I said, being an accessory to Richard M. Nixon, right, I mean, she was just pretty much the thing on his arm now and then she didn't do much.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Betty Ford changes that equation in my mind. But again, I was born in seventy two, so you know, my perceptions might be a little off. But I found it strange that, you know, b Pete was like, hey, Betty Ford didn't do much except she had a drug clinic named after which she did. But she did other things too, and she was kind of an activist. But Bpete doesn't retain that. And that was my point about let's go further, you know, especially with Barbara Bush, who I defy anybody to honestly have a first hand memory of what the hell it was she was doing, because outside of showing up and looking way too old to be married to at the time George HW. Bush, I have no real recollection of her pet project, her crusade, her you know, mark that she was laying down as first lady as they have done now, you know, for a long time, where they've taken on some thing, like I said, Jackie Oh, was about restoration and stuff, and she only had three years and people remember that, you know. I don't know if anybody remembers what you know, what's his name's wife was doing, you know, the previous president. There no no previous Eisenhower. I don't know if anybody remembers what Eisenhower's wife was doing. Ladybird even had you know, some publicly known sort of crusades, even though you know so I'm just saying like Barbara Bush. I don't remember her doing anything. And like I said, I think they're almost transposing Laura Bush onto her by going, well, literacy, I don't remember that firsthand at the time. I mean, you know, indeed she did write a children's book and whatever. But look, forget about my perceptions. How about if you go back and you do the same thing and give us, you know, your assessment of each one, starting with if you don't mind, Pat Nixon, but if you want to go further back, because I think you are a little safer than me, Danny, go ahead.
Speaker 6: A little bit, a little bit older. I mean I do remember, you know, kindergarten nineteen sixty seven and the teachers saying it was Ladybird had a beautification.
Speaker 4: It was just.
Speaker 8: Terms.
Speaker 6: She was kind of into like land sion determine she was aside.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what I caught there because you broke up a bit, Nanny, And I don't know if this is my problem or on your end. It's weird. We're having a weird night digitally here. But Ladybird, you were talking about natural restoration, like like forests and landscapes and stuff and preservation, and yeah, that's what she had memorably facing the public and you can easily find evidence of that. Of course, her real business was buying up TV stations and whatnot, uh you know, and and oh yeah, and having shares and companies that she barely knew she owned. Because you know, that's how Nick uh, that's how Johnson. Uh you know, uh what do you call it? Laundered money is through Ladybird a lot, so you know, it is what it was.
Speaker 6: But her father had money. Her father had was pretty well off, right, Lady Lady Birt Johnson's father was pretty well off. But Lindon Johnson he was kind of he kind of knew he would come from Texas that he was never going to be He knew nationally to take all money or the perception was going to be devastating for a political career. But he found other ways two to get rich, you know, with the with the radio and TV stations and the advertiser revenue. He made a doing that, and he was a little low Watte station and then getting the FCC license Shane at stationed in Dallas. But I do remember Pat, I do remember Betty Ford and mean her you know, she strug alcoholism and then uh, and there was missus Rosalind Carter. They seem to be she seemed to be pretty genuine. I don't think she was. I think she was happy when Jimmy Jimmy Carter uh didn't win the election. I don't think the White House suited her. I don't think she ever wanted to, you know, indulge in politics. But Nancy, Nancy Reagan, she she she was made for it.
Speaker 16: I mean they were they were paired her and Reagan and uh, you.
Speaker 6: Know, the the perception was that he was this even you know, a devout Christian, even though he never went to church. And then after the assassination found out that she was court spun with Geen Nixon astrologists. They had some kind of different different modes of I mean.
Speaker 16: They're different from there.
Speaker 6: From what they were projecting politically in support from like the Christian right. Barbara Bush, she seemed to be more natural than any of the in my opinion, of the first ladies, I mean.
Speaker 16: The age.
Speaker 6: Once in a while, I remember she would kind of get in trouble. She kind of went off the reservation and kind of said things, it's like, let's not follow the GOP line. I mean she was a little more seemed to be a little.
Speaker 16: More open minded.
Speaker 6: You know, she was less political, if that made sense. She just kind of was honest, which was kind of refreshing.
Speaker 16: And then Hillary she was definitely it was.
Speaker 4: She.
Speaker 16: He was definitely.
Speaker 6: Involved in the presidency. You know, she wanted she had higher aspirations.
Speaker 1: Well, right, that's why I was trying to restrict it to the Republicans because you know, there's way too much controversy and way too many things sort of twisting the ballot a bit when it comes to you know, starting with Jackie, Oh, you got a bit of a mess there, you got the sympathy, you know, three years she was only there barely, right, and I mean, you know it's a bit much, right, So then you go to Lady Bird. You know, there's corruption, so I wanted to leave her out of it. Roslind Carter was you know, a genuine sort of lady, I think, but didn't you know, It's like, but there's too much controversy attached to each of them. And then when you get all the way to Clinton, forget it, because I mean she walked in and was trying to do a co presidency, which I think was a symptom of the of the feminist attitude at the time of like, you know what, I mean, the woman is just as good as the man. Yeah, okay, but we didn't elect her, you know, was the honest backlash. Yeah, you know so, and of course Michelle Obama, for God's sake, they tried to make her to be a man at this point. You know, so I'm trying to leave all the controversial Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that kind of you know, the whole that seems to kind of consume the right wing. They just kind of get off into I mean, it doesn't make any sense, and you'd be surprised, you know, they kind of parrot it like she's a man, and you know, it's just it's not I think these good examples with First Ladies to become like syops, it doesn't talk about actions in policy. It just becomes this kind of weird obscame.
Speaker 16: And I think I agree with BP. I mean, who if look at.
Speaker 6: It, Melanie, she's a gorgeous woman, and I agree she's kind of she knows how to dress the part with her beauty as far as the first Lady and and like like BPID, the irony is, you know, she picked up on Bully and then yeah, look who you're married to?
Speaker 1: Well right there.
Speaker 6: But I think.
Speaker 1: Ultimately I wanted to get to this Danny, because this is what confuses me is that if I looked at that, you know, the trailer for this upcoming documentary, right, and I swear to god, it's like it's an alternate reality because if you look at that trailer, you would think that she is doing pretty much what you know, Hillary Clinton was trying to do, which is almost be a co president. The way she looks like she's running things and she's right out front, and boy, she's got a lot to do with the public, and quite frankly, you know, interactivity wise, she's kind of been pushed back a bit, except for you know, remodeling stuff and doing her Christmas thing and getting pissed off about that. Remember the phone call that came out where she was like, I don't ever care about I don't care, you know, like she's getting frustrated and angry. But you look at this documentary and it's almost like she's the road manager for Trump. I mean, it's weird. It's like it's coming from an alternate reality in my mind. And my point is that I think all of them have been sort of treated as this alternate reality psyop. Let's customize the first lady to be the operation that everybody wants to see, regardless of what it is they actually do. And again, you know, like I said, among the first ladies there that we went through listening, the one I like in general is probably Laura Bush because she seemed genuine.
Speaker 6: She will, Yeah, she's a likable person. She's genuine. I would she always came off genuine, even though I.
Speaker 16: Couldn't really stand the policies of her husband.
Speaker 6: I think she was a genuine She was a genuine She was genuine.
Speaker 1: I agree, right, and you know, and and but like, but I'm very confused by the Malani Si sia because and also I'm not swayed by her alleged beauty. I don't think she's beautiful. I don't like that, like, I don't know, it's like an artificial look she has to me. Yeah, so I'm not swayed by that, and I wouldn't care. I mean, the accent's kind of funny, like when she was struggling to read the children's book recently. I find that sort of funny because you know, It's like, well, she speaks five languages, okay, but does she speak any of them? Well, is my question, because from what I'm seeing, not so much. And she allegedly speaks Italian too. I've never heard her utter a single word anywhere, you know, to even know to evaluate that, But I think Italian's on the list. But it's confusing, you know anyway, So you know, I don't know, man, I think they're building her into something that she's not now. And the forty million dollars I still look at as a payoff to Trump, really to the Trump family. But whatever. Has anybody monetized like this before? Well no, but neither has you know a president ever monetized like this before. I mean, we have a president in office currently selling what he claims to be high end watches still, you know, to people, so you know which, by the way, that is.
Speaker 16: Is cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: They've enriched themselves. You know that even we don't even know who's financed it.
Speaker 16: That's so dark.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny thing too is that it's after complaints, right and after complaining about all the mainstream media now for a decade, what is Trump doing? He's having his sons and son in laws go in on every deal to basically buy the mainstream media, which is so hilarious. I mean, that's why Erica Kirk had a whole town hall is because Barry Weiss, you know, said hey, here's a good idea. And why is Barry Weiss there? And why are the Ellison's you know, controlling stuff? Guess what? And also they have Jared getting in now on this Netflix deal, which is crazy because he's bringing in Middle Eastern money so the Saudis can buy their way into that. And you know, wow, I mean, I know everybody's all about and has been all about the There's only six corporate entities that own all the media, but pretty soon there's going to be four, number one and number two. You're not going to be able to argue that it's the liberal media anymore because nobody liberal owns these things anymore.
Speaker 6: You know what liberal media, what liberal media is? I mean, they're all billionaires that own it. I mean, this myth this story, you know, the whole liberal media concept just my.
Speaker 16: Opinion what I think it was.
Speaker 6: It started in the fifties sixties, would do with civil rights and the Vietnam They did not like you question. So they blamed it on the liberal media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's an outdated concept because if you look at who owns it, it's not them. Even scary enough, there's a lot of people that think the CNN is the ultimate like liberal media, right, but if you look at who owns CNN, it hate the liberals. I gotta tell you, the people that actually own it, it's you know, I mean, they're they're to the Some of those people are to the right of Murdoch. I mean, for God's sake, that that actually own CNN. And meanwhile they're they're really getting sucked into this giant corporate conglomerate, which you know, I dare you to to try and unravel that, you know, ball of twine at this point, because it's insane. The people that actually own our media now are not the liberals. They're just not number one, number two. They're not even the old standard can conservatives. They're just this this billionaire class, which you know, again, yeah, it definitely is. I don't know how you can call it anything else. But it's just so weird to watch people still claiming that there's a liberal MSM, you know, and it's like where you know, and also take a look at the alleged independent or alternative media. That's funny as hell too, because none of it's independent. It's all being propped up by guess who. Now there you have a right left wing paradigm consideration most of the independent media, you know, the the massive numbers, whether you're talking about Alex Jones or Newsmax or any of these other things. And you know, then the argument has made, well, that's because the liberal media sucks so bad that they failed. Well in some cases they're right, like there was that Air America or whatever that brought up you know stuff, and now al Jazero owns most of their assets. That attempt at liberal media conglomeration failed miserably, you know. And and even uh, even even if that was.
Speaker 6: Al Gore or that was al Gore he started that, he sold it to Elser's Ear and that's uh, I think they're out of the United Air emmerants or guitar. And also actually for for media is pretty good journalism, most of it is pretty good. But it's you know, I I but you know, but also too, I mean, they're they have an agenda too. The question there there the money behind it. But no, there's no real liberal media that's portrayed in the tast I mean, yeah, they're liberals and media. Of course there are. I mean that's okay, just like there's conservatives or media. But you know, yeah, it's it's it's it's old.
Speaker 1: If I ever have a chance, because I may finally make a corporate deal because surviving like this, I'm not going to be able to do it. But I'm not going to make a corporate deal with somebody to you know, to turn over control of my archive and everything I've ever done. I'm not doing that. But I might finally sign up with, like, you know, a corporate sponsor. And the only corporate sponsor I'm willing to sign up with after a long time of examination is this Ground News Service. And I'll tell you why, because they are a news aggregation service that turns around and evaluates where the spin is coming from. Like they literally say, look, this is what these outlets do with each news story, and I mean individually in real time. They show you this and they go, this is the right wing spin, this is the left wing spin. Here are the people that are just basically going for the facts objectively, and they evaluate it that way and they don't seem to have a dog in the fight. They literally are and that's so super rare where they're objectively saying, look, you want your left wing spin, you want your right wing spin, here's where you're going. And they show you how this stuff works and how there's always you know, an adjustment in order to do the spin, and then they tell you you want to find the objective, here it is. And it's really crazy because it does it in real time and shows people that stuff and I'm like, wow, we've needed this tool for a long time. And that's like their whole business model is to do that, and it's for like a small subscription. Now, the sad thing is, I can't make a lot of money, but I'll be able to make some honest money with, you know, with one of these corporate entities that does something that doesn't just you know, sell you a bill of goods constantly or some other snake oil crap or here's my new you know, ridiculous pill you don't actually need. And I'm going to sell you, you know, things that I'm going to tell you are special. They're going to help you in case of natural disasters, but they're actually just salt pills and you know, crap like this without selling you know, supplements and vitamins and garbage. They might be one of the only like things I could offer as a service, and you know, not have a problem with my conscience. And they had a sponsorship deal that I was working on with them, and of course everything got disrupted because of the recent events. But I mean, I'm actually thinking about signing up with them because direct membership and support. And I know you're one of the guys who actually does support this show and the network, but I mean, honestly, I'm dying over here from loss of support and I need something. So I need to begin to build something that's a little more steady and reliable, that doesn't constantly have me basically panhandling on the internet begging for listen. I'll perform, but you guys got to help me out. I'm starting to feel terrible about it because even though you guys are support warding something you want to hear, I don't want to do this anymore where That's all I got, and I'm relying on us a handful of people who actually care, you know, to do this. I'd rather just be here offer everything for free, and you know, run some commercials is what I'd rather do, because that way it's sort of a fair trade. But I'm only going to do that with stuff. Like My general mantra here is I refuse to sell poison anything I think is poisoned, I cannot do it. I cannot sell it. You know, I don't have a problem of promoting Mike Swanson's work and his books and things, but I mean outside of him and people that independently, voluntarily, you know, do something for me over here. That's what I'm surviving on and I cannot expand this way. And to be honest with you, not being on one side or the other of rage bait and clickbait. You know, if I'm not on the you know, basically you could break it down to the pro Trump or the anti Trump side of things. If you're not on one side or the other, there's no money for you, and the audience flees at this point.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's what we're down to, is either you know, you're on board on my side of the war or their side of the war, no matter what side you want to talk about. And if I'm not feeding into that constantly, then I can't maintain the audience that I used to, which really is an insane thing. And I know it changed because there's many more podcasts out there, and there's many more independent, you know, people just doing it themselves out there. I know that's part of it. Is now I'm in an ocean of people as opposed to a big pond. But also they only most people only want their preconceived notions. They want to be you know, validated. They don't want to be educated. They want to be validated, that's it. And if you're not validating them, they're going to go somewhere that does.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: So I've got to find a new groove, and I've got to find some people that you know, want to think their way through things and aren't already decided and are going to either mark me as an ally or an enemy. You know, I need to find that audience and it's not easy. So, you know, I'm thinking about this ground news thing, maybe you know, becoming an affiliate of THEIRS and seeing if I can do something with that, because you know, that might be people that are searching for a way to decode this so they're not being misinformed. Have you heard have you heard of that ground news thing.
Speaker 6: I've never I mean I've heard the news, but to be perfectly honest, I have no clue balls And if you think of this, you can get your platform out.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 6: I mean I'll continue to support. I mean, I mean unless it goes well, you know, it goes to stuff I can't support. But I've always appreciated the the objectivity, the honesty and getting new into like conspiracy theory. And I always explain myself, I'm kind of lack a conspiracy cares for more research friendly, where I've kind of kind of got to step business and a little at facts, and I'm willing to change my opinion as facts prevail or representative. But I think I think you should go for it. I need the market statuated.
Speaker 16: And you're correct.
Speaker 6: I mean, we're human psychology, where that we want to be fed at our biases and and validated. We don't want to be wrong, and I the hardest thing is to ever stip back and go I got it all along. I made a mistake.
Speaker 16: I got to change. I got to think about this.
Speaker 6: But I agree with the whole moral sentative.
Speaker 16: I mean, you know what you do in your daily life. I'd read.
Speaker 6: They're so happy that it's blessed.
Speaker 16: In this holiday season that I was bus with.
Speaker 6: Plenty of role models that they when they laid their down at night, they could sleep at night because they didn't you know, they didn't change, you know, they didn't compromise their their more perspective.
Speaker 16: But uh, yeah, if you think it's good.
Speaker 6: You should need to try something. You know, it's your survive.
Speaker 1: Right, Danny, I'm gonna put you on hold because we're having lots of little breakups here, b Pete. Are you hearing us clearly or are you breaking up too? Okay, I'm going to take that as BPT is not able to communicate easily either. All right, you know what, We're going to take a break and see if we can pull it together and get the other callers on, because there are other callers waiting on the line, so I want to try and get to everybody and let's see how this goes. The O'Kelly effect continues.
Speaker 6: Rev polection.
Speaker 1: Through calm section.
Speaker 12: M here oh shell hate fact, Oh Shelley hate fact stray that true Like James M. R. Hor Fack, I ain't on the word rd ho back Yeah yeah, mm.
Speaker 8: Hm m.
Speaker 1: Mm HMM.
Speaker 17: In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off.
Speaker 1: Many of them, using new files.
Speaker 18: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks Larry Hancock. For more information go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 14: Yo, thisis Doug Campbell, host of the Dallas Action Podcast presented by Wall Street Window. And you are listening to the o'chill effect Revelation through Conversation.
Speaker 2: Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas.
Speaker 15: Tree Revelation through conversation.
Speaker 7: You like history, real history that you were never taught in schools. Why the Vietnam War, nuclear bombs in nation building? In Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that will open your eyes to events that led up to this Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson.
Speaker 1: So we are back here at Ochelly dot com and the Friday night call in show, and I just wanted to play that whole track that's actually the entire O'Kelly effect theme from Renegade Smith recorded in like twenty fifteen or twenty fourteen initially, and that was my first piece of theme music that I had somebody else write, and it was actually done with intent. It was meant to sound like the show is meant to sound and all that, and I still continue to use it and really appreciate it. As a matter of fact, we might recut it and do some new intros for the show show and stuff like that. I don't want to use an ai voice, so if anybody wants to volunteer to do the voice over, because we don't have Dave like we used to. You know, Nature Boy, who had that great radio voice. I still have some of those intros and stuff, obviously, but I'd like to change the sound of the show a little bit, but maintain some of the sound of the past with the theme music. So if somebody wants to record some for me or record with me one night, let's change up the intro because I'm taking one more swing at this, rebooting, reloading, and retooling this show and this network one more time before maybe the universe is telling me to quit. I don't know. Let's see big, big ups if we can pull it off and actually keep the stuff running in April, because that's when a big bill. Two big bills come in. One will be to maintain the website, which is essential, and also the other to maintain the the mechanisms that I do the feed and distribution for so you know that, plus a video expansion in twenty twenty six, and let's see if we can get something real out of this. I mean, put thirteen years of my life into it, and I got to tell you it's disappointing with where it's gone. But I think we still have a few more I don't know, stones to kick over, some rocks to knock over, and a few more revelations we can have and a few more conversations before I'm just all done with all of this. One way or another. I think we can, but we're gonna have to be careful about the way we go in the future. What can I say? And I do so with your support if you go tochelli dot com and you click and hit the donate link, or if you make an arrangement with me. Somehow everything's a little stranger than it used to be that way, but if you do so, you're contributing to my well being and the continuation of this little experiment, which does include the Friday night call in show that I do with co host b Pete. So be Pete. Before we go any further, I'd like to let you get any words in edge wise you want. And then I know, we got Jimmy James on the line, and we still got Danny, but Danny was breaking up so bad. I wanted to put him aside so we could hear him better. And I want to get Jimmy James on and anybody else who calls at three to one nine, five two seven, five zero one six, And I will be doing more podcasts in the coming weeks and trying to, you know, re establish my pace of at least doing you know, three four five a week like I used to. Let's get back to it and uh produce more steadily. The content that, you know, one way or another, is part of a massive archive of very interesting stuff. I think that I'm gonna have to find a home for at some point. But anyway, be Pete, anything on your mind before we get to Jimmy James.
Speaker 4: No, I'll go ahead and uh can Jimmy on the line. He's got sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I'd like to hear what Jimmy's got to say and what's on his mind. Who knows, maybe he wants to just talk about holiday wishes and what he thinks about being able to say Merry Christmas again or Christmas specials on TV. I mean, it's wide open. If you're the caller, you can determine what we talk about. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six And this would be the infamous mister Jimmy James.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's me Jimmy James. What's going on there?
Speaker 13: You go?
Speaker 1: What's on your mind today? Jimmy?
Speaker 16: Oh, it's just slow down.
Speaker 8: Hunter feet of snow miserable. Uh yeah, there's a temp feet of snow out there.
Speaker 19: So I'll be going on vacation after the holidays. Go south, get out the snow for water.
Speaker 1: Hey, where are you going on vacation too, Jimmy.
Speaker 20: Virginia area.
Speaker 8: You might have to swing over to Georgia, see my buddy Chuck.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want to swing by, just let me know and I'll make sure we're ready for you at least to say hello.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to go.
Speaker 19: The thing is is, well, there's a lot of crazy things that happened in that city you were in. Chuck about need a tour guide so we could.
Speaker 8: Go look at some stuff there.
Speaker 19: I want to see that four way where Johnson was.
Speaker 8: Well bos Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem is, Jimmy, I'm not very mobile right now, so I don't know what shape I'll be in when you come through. But you know, we could fire or something out, I think, but I'm not really even able to leave the house much at this point. You know, I'm trying to get better, but it's very slow with these doctors and appointments and everything, so I don't know what shape I'll be in by the time you get here. But I can definitely at least have a cup of coffee with you, you know, or a mountain.
Speaker 6: Dew, you know, for that whole part. I mean it.
Speaker 21: They don't have to be right now.
Speaker 19: And yeah, well some other things going on.
Speaker 8: How I know if this is a good deal. I took the pure Talk deal. They said, is so it's going to be thirty bucks a month.
Speaker 21: For life, thirty gigs and daya mom and that's usually sixty five sad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it sounds pretty good. I had a data plan like that on that phone I lost, so you know, I don't know. I didn't get to use it, so I couldn't attest to how.
Speaker 4: Good it is.
Speaker 1: But I had something like that on that phone that you know, I lost or was stolen from me one way.
Speaker 2: Or the other.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just was wondering about, like price wise, Like.
Speaker 19: My old plan was ten.
Speaker 8: Gigs for forty bucks, So this would seem to be way better.
Speaker 1: Would seem to be b Pete, what are your thoughts? Because I know sometimes they throttle you on that, you know, with the data towards you know, it's like, yeah, you have this, but once you get to a certain point, we start to make it hard for you to use your data. What are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Well, every, I mean every company out there tells you you've got unlimited data, unlimited text and data. But Brizon makes you pay for the unlimited data. Others make you pay for the unlimited data, and most of them, once you get up to a certain amount of usage, they just throttle you back. Yeah, you've got unlimited data, but I mean they slow you down to dial up speed when they're throttling you. My question with the company that Jimmy went with was how much data do they give you using your phone as a hotspot. That's the problem I'm finding with most of these places. You either have to pay for the hotspot service or they tell you it's a certain amount of data, which, oh, you know you never use this much. Well, I used to kill mine every month about three weeks in I'd go dead. I wouldn't have any data at all on hotspot. So I'm curious how they handle that.
Speaker 8: I know the advertisement Smith it's with a hot thirty gigs hot spot.
Speaker 21: That's what they kept advertising.
Speaker 8: That's I got that hacketture. I wonder if that's that's not.
Speaker 4: That's repeater the most places that I've got.
Speaker 1: Twenty with one, So yours is that twenty?
Speaker 8: Huh Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now if I want to spend another fifteen bucks for the month, then I can get up to thirty.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like Jimmy got a pretty good deal if it actually functions that way, right, he's.
Speaker 4: Got a very good deal. Also based on this call. If this is the first one he's using, that service on his phone sounds much better too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It does, that's true.
Speaker 8: No, this is just smurble form U.
Speaker 1: Then you're just getting lucky at it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our service sounds like a better connection to the system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just might be getting lucky tonight, Bepie. That's all because sometimes he gets lucky and it's really good and other times not.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 1: So, and somebody keeps calling in on a six one seven number but they keep dropping. I don't know what's going on there, but you know, if you stay on, I'll get you on anyways. Uh So, Jimmy, what else on your mind besides your phone plan? Well, jeez, it's been a.
Speaker 8: Lot of slaughters this week.
Speaker 20: One that's still you know, it's weird, you know how celebrities dropped dad left and right these.
Speaker 8: Days rarely just for really just shocked me.
Speaker 21: But that whole rat Brian was.
Speaker 8: Saying, they really did shock me. What an awful way to go. Deserved that.
Speaker 1: Now true and fair? You know, what can I say? Did I expect anything different from the people who made the statements they did?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Not really. Uh you know I didn't. I didn't find that to be an appropriate way that Trump handled it. But you know what else is new?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna say?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I have to agree with that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 19: That's like one of the few things that really bugs me about him.
Speaker 2: And there's no real.
Speaker 19: Reason I got this whole time.
Speaker 8: I'll add to the Trump train and go ahead dump on it.
Speaker 19: I'll tell you one of my big pews about the guy is that, uh, quite frankly, in the last ten years, I don't know if you've known his sister or not, that the whole country has become some real mother at the party mouse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, all the way across.
Speaker 8: Let's face it. Let's face it. I mean that's the top bell thing.
Speaker 19: Now you've got politicians they take to being cool, the Democrats they're trying to emulate Trump, I guess they they dropping up bombs and things is the way to do. No, that's Donald Trump, has been Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: For eighty years. Just that's him. You don't need to emulate him. It's a shame.
Speaker 19: I mean, listening to reporters of things just dropping for it just doesn't seem right. It's like, what kind of news is this?
Speaker 8: Where everyone's cursing? And I do blame Trump on that, so I will say that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're can escape that one. I mean once he said, you know what was it? Israel and uh Iran both don't know what the hef they're doing, you know, in a quick thing with the press directly. You know, he's been like that. I remember at the beginning of this whole thing, though, uh TV was like, oh, we got to warn you, this is gonna be coarse language. And now it's just eh, is there? You know it's been normalized, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think yeah, very much so.
Speaker 19: And these uh well, all the podcasters. I listened to them, bobomers, but they say they're so proclaimed Christians.
Speaker 16: I guess they say.
Speaker 19: And then yeah, and Trump's doing an outstanding jack. Let me tell you about those Democrats that sons of bitches need to burn and he screw them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what what kind of way.
Speaker 2: Is this to talk?
Speaker 8: And you say you're some kind of minister. Hey, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Look, you know my philosophy. For years people laughed at me, you know, like, oh what, why are you keeping your stuff? You know, so clean? It's just the way I wanted to conduct things, whether I was on a M and FM or not, which, by the way, that's an FCC problem. But even when I wasn't, they were like, why is it You're on your own platform, why don't you just you know, let loose. And I'm like, cause it just doesn't sound right to me. It doesn't seem like the way you communicate an intelligent idea. Uh just generally speaking, it's not even a matter of morals or whatever or religious status. It's it's a matter of it's just not how you communicate properly to my mind, you know what I mean? Uh So most of the time I don't.
Speaker 8: It's being somewhat socially.
Speaker 19: A big part of society is we can't go around spit a person that and everyone a little.
Speaker 8: This is no way to go.
Speaker 1: I mean, and now I feel like I'm going to sound like an old man here, But I mean, you see like five year olds on TikTok videos now dropping f bombs, right. That used to be like the kind of thing that if you were in a public place and a five year old curse, the whole place would stop and be like, oh my, why is a small child using that language? Now it's like, oh, look at that. Isn't that cute? I mean, like that's a complete shift.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 8: So it's just like the president.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he does, but he also sounds like everybody else. Everybody talks like this now, you know, whether it's your mayor or you know that.
Speaker 19: And so I guess that's one big complaint of mine is that the last ten years, I do think that Trump's Party of Mouth has influenced the American society.
Speaker 1: I find it interesting that that's your complaint. But your complaint is valid. You know what do you think, me, Pete, do you think that's that's a valid complaint.
Speaker 4: Or no, Yeah, it is a valid complaint. I don't. I think there's other people out there in the podcasting realm that have added a little more to the situation. But yeah. I mean that was my whole complaint with Trump during his first administration. He just comes out and says some of the most stupid stuff in the world. And why somebody doesn't rain him in?
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 4: I don't guess it's Trump though, you can't rain him in. He's the Donald. But yeah, he's not been the best for, you know, conveying civil discourse.
Speaker 1: Just put it that way. There you go, So tell you what I'm gonna do. Jimmy, I'm just gonna put you on hold because I did put Danny on hold before. But I will get back around to you. Just hang on, and uh, I want to see what Danny thinks about this, actually, see if he's got a thought on the Uh, you know, the shift in profanity and how it's become more acceptable across the board, and uh, you know, do you do you put some of this on Trump and him normalizing it or you think it's just society in general. And you know, do you see a point about the five year old I was bringing up before or what?
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna blame it all on Trump, even though I'm no fan of him. I don't like his behavior. But I think it's more of where we've shifted in the culture. It's culturally acceptable, and.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 6: With the internet and podcasting. I mean, there was an FCC that really controlled and had had a rain on it on censoring and keeping that type of language kind of off the airways. And I just think it's just been a cultural shift where it's just it's like we're now fish swimming in that water where it's so uh you know, maybe maybe it's where I grew up. I was kind of hard for me to hear a woman drop for a long time until I got over a woman dropped, you know, that language, or men talk that way in front of women. I mean, just the norms have changed, you know. I mean, I think we're given he's just kind of exploited with the mood of business if society is gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, definitely. I found myself by the way, Danny, I found myself apologizing. I'm not going to identify who this was, but I was talking privately to a woman who I respect, and I accidentally let something slip, and I found myself apologizing war to her, like, oh wow, I really don't like to talk like that too, or around women. And then I realized how antiquated and like out of step I am with everything around me. Uh bye, by even thinking that, it's like wait a minute, it's why is that a you know, because I know that was a little a bit of a tableau for a bit where it was like, okay, well women can be just as you know, terrible as men. They can be just as gross and you know, and so on and yeah, true, but I don't know, there used to be this divide where even if you were you know, remember the whole locker room talk thing right with the uh with the Billy Bush tape, and it was like, oh, that's locker room talk. Well, there was locker room talk, and there was a separation. If you were talking to the fellas, you know, you used certain words and you talked about certain subjects and this and that, and that was absolutely prohibited around women. Whether it was you know, a young girl, or it was your teacher, was your mother, it was your you know, whatever, it didn't matter. You had to restrain yourself. That was like just I don't know, part of the social contract, but it's gone now. And like I realized how antiquated my point of.
Speaker 2: View was.
Speaker 6: No, it's not antiquated because I know, like in my four walls or over my family, I do not let any of the men characters in my family. That'll get me riled up. If you talk you know anything, you know, suggestive or inappropriate, I'm going to speak up and make make an issue with the with the with the young man that drops it.
Speaker 16: And I may not be in front of her, but I might grab by the arm and we might.
Speaker 6: Step out and have a word about it, if that makes sense. No, it's not going to be acceptable my home.
Speaker 1: You know I got is not what I do?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 1: And and again that six one seven number came and went. I was just about to go to you, dude, uh anyway, but even in mind, you.
Speaker 6: Could drop me. You can drop me if you need to get to him. I'm all about helping the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I know you are, but he just came and went again. So I don't know what you're doing or if you're having trouble with your phone. And sorry to point it out, but I do want to get to you if you got something to say. But back to it. I mean in my home literally, by the way, anybody who actually knows me in person knows that uh missus O has a much more foul mouth than I do. Uh, Okay, she just does. But even so I don't feel right. Yeah, but even with that known, I still don't feel right about, you know, like if somebody's a guest in my home talking like that to her, you know what I mean, or around her, even though literally she's way more foul mouth than I am. It's just, you know, I don't know. I don't know. It's a weird time we're in, right, It's a transitional and an ugly time, honestly, and wish it wasn't. What can I say? Anyway, We're coming down to, like say, the last fourteen minutes here of the show BPTE. Is there anything we missed thus far we need to get to and uh, if not, I mean, I'll bounce between Danny and Jimmy, and if somebody else joins us at three one nine, five, two seven five zero one, I'll bring you on as well. But as we get you know, toward the end here, you got anything else that we need to add into the conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I was just gonna confirm or we're still up for next Friday day after Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 4: All right, well, no other than that, Yeah, bring them both back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Okay. You know what I'm gonna do, Danny, is I'm gonna bring Jimmy on with you and you guys can have a conversation here and then you know, last couple of minutes, I'll ask each of you to give like a final thought. But that'll be that unless somebody else calls in. So let's bring Jimmy back on. And yeah, now we got a free for all. But I like this point of agreement that we can come to that you know what, this is not an improvement in society that you know, we talk to each other in this way and that public discourse is now loaded with profanity. I mean it actually makes the profanity kind of pointless, indeed, because it's just everywhere now and you know, whether it's the president or you know, now it's like regular TV shows can drop the F bomb and I mean, you know, don't do it on the radio, though the FCC will still nail you, but you can get away with it on TV. And the internet's loaded with it. And you know, they banned me for content of all kinds and I didn't curse for like ten years on this show. You know, I don't know. It's like some things I think are more harmful than people realize. Jimmy, do you think it's harmful though, that this is going on, that it just downgrades our ability to have these conversations or to converse at all. What do you think?
Speaker 21: Yes, he said, that's just the way for a society to be conversing. Like you said, Chuck, I mean there's a time when I don't know, when I was working, if I was a rob a woman and said these kinds of things that a been considered s kind of harassment to her hearing these kinds of words.
Speaker 8: Yeah you remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, absolutely, I remember when a woman would get upset about it and like leave like either work or you know, a social situation. They would leave because you had, you know, like sort of infected the space with something ugly you just said, because you know, you used a word that was inappropriate to be spoken around a lady. You know what I'm saying. I don't know, maybe again backwards right, but that's the kind of backwards thought that I think it really needs to come back.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just me oh.
Speaker 19: Yeah, common courtesy. It's true, the true Yeah, respect has to be aired, but we do all have to give each other common courtesy, right, that's how we stay at society.
Speaker 2: See, and there you go.
Speaker 1: What was thought of is common courtesy, though you know, is now what you know just invalid because get over it. And I get that people were overly said. See, this is where the problem is, right, People get overly sensitive about dumb things and that becomes the new point of sensitivity and they forget about all of the things that were polite, that were more productive. I'm not talking about being fake. I'm talking about just like you said, common courtesy is something that should be extended until it's revoked by somebody not being deserving of it anymore, you know what I mean, Like that's this should be the starting point. But we're not that anymore. That's just not part of the deal. It's not part of the social contract, so to speak. I mean, do you agree with that, Danny?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think, I think.
Speaker 6: I think what Jimmy said was perfect. It's just a common courtesy. And in some areas we've lost and I know it's still in my workplace. There's still got to be careful with the language you use. And I kind of welcome that there's kind of that that there's that adulities kind of control. I mean, there's just some places where you know, certain language is warranted and sometimes it's not warranted. But I think Jimmy summed.
Speaker 16: It up exactly.
Speaker 6: I feel it's just a common courtesy and that's how he is. A society can start off whether we agree or disagree, but it just we've lost we've lost some of that and you know, and we can and like I said, I'm not coming as a Trumpster because I'm far have a very low opinion to putting.
Speaker 16: All the bame on him.
Speaker 6: We have to look on the mirror, what about our responsibility as a citiency, what's acceptable and how we should hold people accountable.
Speaker 1: See I was just gonna go yeah, I was just going to go there too, Danny, because here's the thing I'm thinking to myself, you can't lay this at the feet of Trump. He's really a symptom of it. More than exactly a main driver. He's a symptom. And the thing is because I recall, Okay, when my children, my two adult children, were very little, you know, I had this expectation. Even though I was working around younger guys in the business I was in and stuff like that, and I had a variety of people I interacted with when my small children were present, I had an expectation back then that people would control their language so that my children didn't mimick him. And that's you know, twenty years ago, that's not And I was losing that battle back then with twenty year old guys.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So, you know, twenty years ago for me, I was in my thirties, so I was a little older. These twenty year old guys were around me and they had no filter.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was like constantly, I'm going watch your language around my kids, and I'm just thinking that, you know, sure, it's a small sample size me sitting in Jersey back then, but nonetheless, I was hearing this from a lot of people back then, where it was like, you know, it's gotten really ridiculous. And I thought to myself, well, it's just you know, a little bit more of a relaxed parenting maybe going on. But no, those twenty year olds have now gotten you know, now they're forty years old, and I promise you they didn't get any better with controlling themselves or using a filter and stuff like that. And they probably raised their own children without a filter too, And this is where it is. It's been generationally handed so well, even if you want to go back to Trump's you know, decade of prominence, he can't possibly have influenced it there because you'd have to go on a time machine. He wasn't influencing all of society in the early odds. You know, he wasn't in the news feed unless you were in New York and New Jersey. He was in our news feed a lot, but he wasn't in the national and international news feed as an influencer, so to speak. And the Internet didn't function the same way, right, So you can't even begin to logically point the entire dirty end of the stick at Trump.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Is he helping anything? No, But he's a symptom of this, which is funny because his generation, based on how old he is, here's going to be a funny statement. I don't know. Maybe Jimmy will disagree with me on this. I would like to hear Jimmy's thoughts. But isn't his generation the people who should know better realistically? Like that is the generation that should know better, because those are the people trying to instruct me about control your language when I was a kid. Right, logically, he's what almost eighty, So if you say he was thirty years old when I was born, he's an elder, he's a grandparent to me. My grandparents' generation were exactly the people who would smack in the back of the head if you weren't polite, you know. I mean, I'm just saying, like, you had to be polite and how dare you and you wouldn't think of, you know, speaking, I mean, speak ill around one of my grandparents. You know, you might get a lot more than a smack in the back of the head. I mean, you know, they might introduce you to the politeness steps which happened to be out back. And guess what, you're not going to walk down him. You're gonna fly down him. And that doesn't go well because you can't fly, Okay, I mean they might they might toss you, put you through a wall for this kind of thing. So his generation ought to know better, Jimmy, don't you think his generation ought to know better? But yet it's all the same anyway, Now, what do you think.
Speaker 8: Our generation is the hippie generation and white Frank they had potty mouth. Uh no, I'm Trump, but he's I end no better example.
Speaker 1: I think. No, it's I'm just saying he's not the cause. You know, That's what I'm saying there, He's not the cause. But it seems to me that people in his age group were exactly the people that you know, wind back the clock would have been telling my age group to control yourselves and you know, don't even dare bring up something like that around a woman or you know, watch your language. They would have been the first people to jump on that, I think, don't you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, absolutely one warrior in school.
Speaker 8: But I don't know.
Speaker 21: I mean, it's just like everything else.
Speaker 8: I guess, the the the lack of a bet. Well, baby boomers, you know, half and half. What can you do if some of them, well the ones we used to run into shirt him talk like this and now they do so I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Yeah, weird, weird anyways, looking at the time, be pete anything you want to get in here, because I'm thinking we got to give final thoughts for the week.
Speaker 4: No, uh, we can go ahead and rattle them all, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's start with Uh, let's see, let's start with Jimmy, since he was the last one to speak. Let's start with him, and then we'll go to Danny and get your final thoughts for the week.
Speaker 19: Oh oh, happy clause, Verry Christmas.
Speaker 2: And there you go.
Speaker 1: Couldn't have said it better myself, Danny, Danny, you want to wish a is it a happy Kwanza or is it HARAMBEI I forget?
Speaker 6: Uh, go ahead, Yeah, I want to wish. I want to wish you to merry Christmas. This is a holy advent season and uh, just I'm preparing the time to reflect on the Prince of Peace, and you need to have out there needs a scripture to read. Just read the first two chapters of the Gospel, lou that's the Christmas story and a whole and reflect on it.
Speaker 16: This time.
Speaker 6: Hopefully you can everybody out there can bless with some sunlight. So that's all I have.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Danny, Christmas, Merry Christmas to you, Danny. Thank you. I guess I should say that I wish all of the peace that can be upon you at the time of the winter souls this year and we are in our natural order. Although it does seem to be like a natural disaster at this point on the planet with the way that we are interacting with one another, and let's try and keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: As we go forward.
Speaker 1: One thing I know for certain, regardless of what your belief system says, I know without a doubt, we can all do a lot better than we are doing in our interactions with one another, in the way we treat others in the human family, in the way that we treat this planet all together, we can do better. But anyway, be Pete your final thought for the week, Well.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we could do it for another week. I'm like everybody to go to O'shelly dot com and hit the donat button. I know it's close to Christmas, but every little bit helps. And other than that, I guess we will see you the day after Christmas.
Speaker 1: There you go on the twenties. But I will do podcasts in between that and this, So stick around, keep listening to Shelly dot com Radio. Up next, The Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz. Here live on a Friar's Day. And no matter who you are, where you are, when you are, I hope that you are quite well, safe, strong, and remember.
Speaker 12: Conversation, what the effect.
Speaker 5: Broken revelation, conversations live show.
Speaker 4: Relation a devastation.
Speaker 12: Revelation colation.
Speaker 4: Effect the effect.
Speaker 5: Either I'll sell you the fact that revelations of conversation, a teason through convers oh, shall effect revelations of conversation.
Speaker 12: John had forgotten, what show you.
Speaker 5: A fact beyond this place so bad, and fears therror of the shade.
Speaker 1: And yet the man of tears finds it, shall find.
Speaker 19: Me not afraid.
Speaker 11: And that's not a great decat I'll charge with nish.
Speaker 12: Man the scroll.
Speaker 2: I am the matter