Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account and the Apple Podcast app, and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits.
Speaker 2: Treat yourself to a VIP membership.
Speaker 1: Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP go all the Way, Go VIP. PW torch dot com slash go VIP.
Speaker 3: Learning. Everyone.
Speaker 4: It's Saturday, August first, twenty twenty six. I'm Joel Danel alongside my co host here, Greg Canner, and this is the all Elite Conversation Club podcast for PW torch dot com.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Joel, coming to you from beautiful Saugatuck, Michigan, Western side of Michigan, taking a little nice weekend. My wife was generous enough to allow me some time to talk to you, which is nice because this is this is a special place. It's a place where I have Saugatuck rules And I know, you know, you may not care about it, but I at least got to say this is this what helps the marriages like you know, stay like longer. Since you're nicely and newly married, is that Saga Tuck rules are she goes into any store she wants, she takes as long as she wants. I put in the air pods, I listen to something. I don't complain. I don't. I'm not impatient, and it's it's nice. It helps. So so I'm glad to be with you though this morning.
Speaker 4: You're good man, Greg Canner, and even better husband. Well see, I have the privilege of being able to see also see your camera here, so I get to see you walking around the outside here. I get to see the nature of it, and our listeners don't uh don't get to see you in the in the cool background scenery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very nice here, you know, summer's in Michigan. In are very nice winters in Michigan and Minnesota as well. I know you know is not so nice, but so we appreciate this time of year out here for sure.
Speaker 4: Well, Greg, we got you and I both have very busy weekends with you just mentioning what you got going on. I also have mentioned I got the Summer Slam, all that stuff that's going on today, yesterday, today, tomorrow. So let's before we get into the main entre of what everybody wants to hear about which was your in person experience at Dynamite, which I think most people have said is one of the best Dynamites they've ever done. Let's quick just look back at the pay per view redemption from last Sunday and just kind of get the overall thoughts of things. There's a lot of good matches on there. I think kind of the general consensus of things, and you can tell me if you agree or disagree, is that, while although a very good pay per view, you know, probably not the best of twenty twenty six, But that's not really saying much. That's not much of a knock onto aw onto this pay per view because the other ones have been just so great. But I think also the main focus here is we had a title change where Willow Was took the Women's World Championship, and you'll talk about that celebration that happened on Dynamite, but most importantly is the stuff that happened in the world title match, where Kenny Omega defeated Kevin Knights to retain the World Championship as expected. But then we had the postmatch angle there with will Osprey separating himself from the Death Riders and also Kenny Omega, I guess getting confused in the moment, or you know, being a little more self absorbed now that he's gotten to the mountaintop and actually attacking will Osprey even though Osprey was trying to save Omega from an attack from the Death Riders.
Speaker 5: Indeed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I would sum up that pay per view as okay, good, it's funny, like you look at that, and there was some great wrestling, there were some storyline movements. All in all, it was probably one of my, you know, least enjoyable pay per views they've ever done. But when I say that, I don't mean I had a bad time or regretted to spending the money. It just, you know, we talked about it. It was kind of thrown together. They had another plan that they you know, had to change, and so it kind of just ended up what it was. You know. I'm glad I got it. I'm glad I watched it. I was so bummed when Willow won, as I talked about in previous weeks. You know, well, I'll get to how I may have changed my views after Wednesday, But but you know, I was not wild about you know, Jericho beating Champa in that match, and you know, the hardcore match and and all that as well. So some of the booking I wasn't thrilled about, so that probably affected, you know, my enjoyment of it. But again, it was it, you know, it was it was fine. So I was a little concerned going into Wednesday, you know, So, but I did. I did like the storyline progression at the end with you know, Omega taking out Osprey. You know, there's so many little callbacks and things that I miss but seeing online, like apparently Omega did the exact same thing to aj Styles in New Japan back in the day, and like in the exact same way. So I, you know, AW tries really hard to pay homage or do callbacks and all that stuff, and probably fifty percent or less, you know, I get and I do a podcast with you, so I'm sure a lot of people, you know, more people don't get it than do get it. But when you do get it, it's kind of like, oh, that's kind of cool that they did that throwback. So you know, so okay, you know, moving on, and I was a little concerned with you know, what I was going to see on Wednesday leading up to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they really front loaded the pay per view coming out with that six way ladder match, so Mike Bailey gets that homecoming being Montreal winning that number one contender ship for the international title, which is going to happen next week at Grand Slam Mexico.
Speaker 3: Then you had that Young Bucks Death.
Speaker 4: Riders match, which was very good, kind of had that weird spot there with with kind of Nick Jackson and Osprey like seemingly kind of bonking heads and but they were selling that, but still very very good match. And then Kyle Fletcher Bondido just another tremendous way to kick off this pay per view.
Speaker 5: Kind of hit the match of the night to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Kyle Fletcher Bandido And that was another one where it's like I appreciated all they did and it was so great of a match. And then but it's like, at some point you want Bandido to win one of these, you know, because we kind of you kind of knew, you know it. They did a little you know at the end to kind of make you think, well maybe, but but yeah, for the most part, you kind of knew that was predictable as far as the finish was going to go. Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The show then kind of hit a lull there with the double Chain match. You had the TBS title match that wasn't all that great.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think that the the a W tag team to match with Cajun Copeland versus the Death Rice was fine, you know, it was it was fine action. I think that Jericho and Champa, you know, gave more than they had in their previous matches. But you know, they also have the stipulation of no holds Barren Jericho doing the Painmakers, so he's got to live up to that gimmick.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean they did a lot for our entertainment, you know, no doubt. I was just kind of bummed about the you know, the the booking in that one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's also I want to mention too that there's been some reporting to that in the pre show that they had an honorary segment for the for the Raugau family, and you know, as if you watch the pre show, you saw that Jacques Rougeau was booed during that and also apparently there's some reporting here I believe it's from Wrestling Observer newsletter where Dave Meltzer was saying that I guess Jacques Rougeau came to the event with a video package that he wanted to have played for this segment, and AW ultimately shut it down understandably, so they got a They have a whole show that they have booked out, so they can't be adding things on the fly into it. And I guess that they didn't have rights to some music, some footage that there was some AI stuff in there as well. It was too long, so Chakhrujo was not happy about it. Uh, and then goes out there and gets booed because he has a bad reputation within the community.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was reading that.
Speaker 3: I was thinking to myself, Yeah, that that all tracks, man.
Speaker 5: I mean, everything you've.
Speaker 3: Heard about about the Mounty has always been, uh, you know, not the best guy.
Speaker 5: And listen, you know, I rights are a big deal.
Speaker 3: You can't just come in with some video that has apparently has AI and music, you know, rights that AW doesn't have.
Speaker 5: One would have to pay for and.
Speaker 3: You know, you pay a lot more if you run it and then you get caught or someone you know comes at you. So it's like, yeah, brainer, And apparently according to that, he kind of had a meltdown. That's like wow, you know, sorry man, but I enjoyed that segment.
Speaker 5: I enjoy it.
Speaker 3: It's again it was another regardless of what happened backstage, it was another example of aw honoring legends if you want to call them legends, but at least you know Montreal legends, and and you know, honoring people from the areas that they're visiting that they want to, you know, just pay tribute to. And I just love that respect for the business.
Speaker 1: Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weightkeller podcasts and pw torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to of VFP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Way Keller post shows, the Weight Keller podcast, flow Ship, our flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Day the cast lineup. Again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, The Wade Keller news bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem.
Speaker 2: Either way works.
Speaker 1: Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial.
Speaker 4: I think what they showed here is that, you know, Montreal has all this history of wrestling, but segueing into this past Wednesday's Dynamite is that it felt like it was a bigger building. Crowd was still engaged. But man, Detroit, your your current hometown.
Speaker 3: Is where they need to be having a pay per view there.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm assuming you haven't watched the broadcast at this point because of time constraints.
Speaker 3: Obviously I watched some of it. I've watched some of it a couple of couple of segments because I was curious, at least, especially before talking to you, how some of it came across, and also some of the commentary, because obviously you know we're hearing no commentary we're glancing. We're glancing over at one point and seeing a shark dancing behind the announced desk and wondering. I all I was wondering was what is Tash saying or what is the look on his face while this is happening, because I you know, it's glorious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's always well the segue or the little peace on that is it's always like, oh, it's shark Week. That's that's still a thing, and that happens once a year and all of a sudden it just pops up out of nowhere and.
Speaker 3: You're like, huh, huh, okay, you know anyway, yes, yes, anyway.
Speaker 4: So they they talked about the crowd and how loud and engaged they were throughout the whole night. I mean, the commentary team just could not believe how loud they were, and it came across in the broadcast and made for an excellent environment for it. I mean, that Grant, that Masonic temple that's there in Detroit, it just looks really good on television because it has some depth to the rose too, where some of these smaller buildings just kind of either go straight up or there's just not very many rows to go back, but there's a lot more depth, and so the way that it captures that sound just.
Speaker 3: It looks good. It sounds really good in there.
Speaker 4: And then with all the angles that they had to shoot to kick off the road to all in, I mean just everything really clicked well. So with that setup, I just kind of want you now to kind of take the wheel here, Greg as to your experience, anything that you want to note from it, and then obviously let's get into the major segments on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, it was funny because coming off of the pay per view and with the MAC which is you know, the multiman matches, which I kind of expected because usually coming off of a pay per view, you know, Tony doesn't know the injury situations with you know, the guys that obviously go all out for the pay per views. So I knew we were going to get a lot of those type of matches. I wasn't sure whether we were gonna you know, it says you're gonna hear from Kenny Omega. I didn't know, you know, was Osbury gonna be there? How are they really gonna you know, forward things? Oh, there's a Willow celebration. I was like, great, you know, hope someone beats her up. That's like my mentality going into it was and nothing, you know, I just I was kind of tired of the Willow character, as anyone who's listened to our podcast. I was just thinking to myself, Oh, I don't want to see her in Mercedes again. And all in this was my you know, my thought going in. So I already could tell because I went last year, same venue, there were six hundred fewer people last year. Still a lot of people there end up being like twenty nine hundred or something like that last year. And we had a great time and it was cool because the venue is a lot you know, mostly for concerts and things like that. You know, so you're you know, you're you're acoustics are good. You know, you're there's no bad seat in the house. You know, you're really like on top of it, I was second row in the balcony and it was perfect.
Speaker 5: You could see perfectly.
Speaker 3: So we're walking to the venue and there's a line, you know, to get in and you know, we weren't later anything. You're you know, normal like an hour before or so, and there's a line that literally went like around the corner and three blocks down, which I was like, wow, okay, like you know, here the aw's and you know, kind of improved. People are more into it now than they were last year. This might be a really good crowd. So weight line, it moved fine. We were in a good half hour before the show started. We're probably a little more uh sat down. First thing we got is a dark match with Rhino Detroit native. So he out and You're like, okay, you know, first I Nick Camarado comes out and starts healing on the crowd, very cliche like, and then said, you know, I put an rope a challenge to anyone from Detroit, and then of course I was like, oh I know, and then Gore happens, and the crowd that was there which is probably three quarters, were in their seats at that point like white nuts, and I'm like, okay, you know, this is a dark match. Yes it's a local guy, a local legend guy, but still you know. Second Matt dark match was a Bang Bang Gang tag match against the three Jobbers, So and that got a lot of like guns up chance and all this stuff and thinking okay, okay, and then when the show started you it was you know, I said, you know, Wade mentioned it multiple times because they wrote him an email on their post show. The entire thing was the coolest atmosphere for wrestling I've ever been in. And you know, I was at WrestleMania, you know, twenty three, twenty yeah, whenever, that was so, you know, but yeah, so it was like the you know, and I've been to you know, some events, obviously, you know you have been to you know, many, many more than I. But but the ones that I've been to in person, this is just because everybody was engaged. There was not one portion of the show, even the interview segments that were people weren't engaged. That opening match with Andrade and Jack Perry and Nick Wayne was unbelievable. They went all out in a match that you were kind of thinking, all right, it's a three way match.
Speaker 5: But I'm sitting next to one.
Speaker 3: Guy you know who came with the group I was with that you know, isn't really a huge wrestling fan. You know, he likes it enough to go, but doesn't really follow, and he's on the edge of his seat.
Speaker 5: The ones, you know, the one part.
Speaker 3: Where Perry and Wayne both did outside the ring crazy, you know, ridiculous spots. They were like out of their seat crazy. The crowd was nuts, and that just set the tone for the whole night.
Speaker 5: I'll take a pause here for a second so I can breathe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'll jump in and just say that, Yeah, I mean the atmosphere of everything. And so what I also heard too, Greg, and you can chime in if you stuck around for this, is that I guess at the end of the show, you know, Tony kind of comes out and says his pretty you know, generic things, who's been here before, who was here on our last show, who's here for the first time? We should bring a pay per view here? And what I've heard is that in this one, it just there was something about that felt a lot more authentic about it that where Tony was very excited about the prospect of bringing a pay per view here and the reporting on it. Because people have asked certainly about like why why not Detroit, because you and I have asked the same question that it just doesn't really make a lot of sense. Is that I guess that Tony has been trying to get a date there at the Little Caesars Arena but it's been a challenge to secure a date there. And he did mentioned that arena by name at the end of it. And I guess with WWE's contracts of kind of their in and outclause of that there can only be so much time before they go there, so much time afterwards that that's been a challenge for Tony to secure a date. Was was this year read as well? And did you did you stick around for that? For Tony to say that.
Speaker 3: One hundred and it teaches you and all the listeners a valuable lesson to always read all of your texts, because I because I sent you the video of Tony talking afterwards, uh throwing Joel under the bus. But anyway, so you can go back and listen to it actually finding your text and when we're done. But anyway, yes, I stuck around. Obviously I recorded it because I wanted to send it to you. And yes, I mean he definitely said all of the things that you normally sad, But there was something special because there were multiple pay per view chances drout the night during commercial breaks and things, you know, and just and Roberts at one point was.
Speaker 4: The chance pay per view or was that World's end World.
Speaker 5: It was pay per view. Yeah, but you know, as as.
Speaker 3: We have speculated on our show, you know when it's come up, is you know, the only big venue that would have that could house a pay per view, uh truly would be Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, and they house the Red Wings and the Pistons, and there's a new women's hockey team there and they do concerts and they do you know, some WWE as you said, when they come here, and so it's got to be very difficult to you know, plan something even like World's End. I didn't even look World's End. You know, obviously the time frame, you know, towards the end of December, but you know that's right in the middle of hockey and basketball season. The odds that there would be time to set up and do a whole pay per view there with both the Red Wings and Pistons playing is highly unlikely. So the only other option that actually I was talking with somebody about around here, would be Chrysler Center, which is where in the University of Michigan where their basketball team plays. I have no idea what that would cost, that that's even viable. You know, that's something that's probably I don't know, fifteen thousand something like that, so they could pack that. But yeah, but anyway, but listening to Tony, it did seem like there was a little more of him, kind of in his Tony way, trying to explain, you deserve one. I don't know if I can get one here. It's hard, like that kind of thing. That's what I was kind of, you know, feeling from it. So so you know, and I believe it because you know, you just just being in that building, you know, and being there previous years, the original Blood and Guts, the cage match where Callus turned on Omega when you fighting Maxillae in the cage, those two were at Little Caesars Arena. They were you know, you know, weren't sold out, but there was you know, over ten thousand people that I believe the first time, and maybe just under that second time, but still a lot of people.
Speaker 5: So they they will come.
Speaker 3: You know, if there's a pay per view, it won't even be you know, they will they will fill the place, I'm confident. But they just got to figure it out. Yeah, so we'll get there I think eventually.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, longtime PW Torch commist Sean Radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed the Raaticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe is the controversial takeout there? Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view out of particular key topic in the news. Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and PCO. One of my areas of specialty is the Japan wrestling scene, so I have to cover a big topic from Japan with PW Torch, his own, Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news or give a standard hot take. I'll bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of wrestling promoters to each week's show, so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why get ahead of the news, get ahead of the pack with radicking worldwide only at PW Torch VIP.
Speaker 4: I think that this just kind of made that, Yeah, that solidified it for them, is that, I mean, they'd be crazy not to have this crowd for a for a pay per view there because they've i mean, over the past few years instead of diverse fying new audiences like that. You know, every once in a while they do they'll do that like they did for Montreal. They'll try out a new market, especially one that's got history of wrestling. But otherwise we see a lot of the same of the Chicago, the New York, the La San Francisco area. I mean, it's it's a lot of kind of the same spots that I think have been comfortable, but there's so many other markets too that.
Speaker 3: That you know, it's also seasonal actually as well, because you know, you know, I mean, the last thing you'd want if you were doing a pay per view in Minnesota in December or January or February or something like in that range is you could you know, you could have a foot of snow coming out of nowhere that could affect people getting there. Like there's always these chances and these things that that could happen. You know, we here don't get as much snow in the month of December than we do you know, January and February, but there still can be plenty.
Speaker 5: You know, you still can get hit.
Speaker 3: So that's also a factor, especially in you know, in these upper Midwest cities.
Speaker 4: It definitely, I mean, that's kind of what's going on this weekend is that, you know, WrestleMania has still been a gamble to have that in Minnesota. You just don't know in earlier April what it's going to look like. And yesterday we had rain all day yesterday for the for the first activities, and now today sun shining out and looks like everything is going to be all good to go. Even though it's an indoor stadium, you still don't want to have clear skies, you know, want people waiting in the rain going to it.
Speaker 3: So all's been good there.
Speaker 4: But you know, as far as the dynamite stuff, let's let's talk about the main piece that happened here, which was the long overrun, right that was you were probably not expecting to have what was it, thirty minute overrun there, but it adds to the unpredictability and for the people who stuck around to watch it, my goodness, you saw a tremendous back and forth promo between Will Osprey and Kenny Omega that they are telling not just a typical pro wrestling story here of just who's better, but there's more intricacies to this and the way that they both of these guys are thinking about it, and how Kenny is trying to better himself and and thinks that now he didn't wasn't sure if he had it to be able to get back to the mountaintop, and now he's there, and will ospray, this has been the story they've been telling for years now. We've been talking about when is he gonna win that world championship, and he had the setback last year with the next surgery, and now now it seems like this is the obvious time to pull the trigger on having these guys having this special match. And both of them are pretty beat up with a lot of injuries, so I think that in this moment for them personally, this this match means a lot in a different way, than just having a super showcase match like they would at the Tokyo Dome or like they did at that Forbidden Door show a few years ago.
Speaker 3: That this now these guys as.
Speaker 4: Kenny is in a much different stage in his career, unsure of how much longer he has the big matches he has left, and will Ospray is in a much different spot as well, where he's no longer the guy who can just go out there on every week of Dynamite and give you that uh, you know, four four and a half star almost five star match. That he also is in a spot where each moment that he's able to have out there just means something a lot more because you just never know when the next injury or the next thing is going.
Speaker 3: To pile up. Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. I mean this has been This has been set up clearly because of again all the intricacies that you were talking about. This has been you know, months and months and months in the writing and the developing and figuring this stuff out. I can imagine other than maybe the timing of when Omega wins it, which you know, we went back with the MJF injury, is the speculation or whatever, but right, you know this it shows in what they were able to do Wednesday, you know, and.
Speaker 5: What they've done the whole time.
Speaker 3: But but all of the stuff leading up to Wednesday, you're kind of like, okay, and listen, if this was some sort of quicker pivot or something like that, Bravo, you know that they really made this work.
Speaker 5: But you know that we you know, obviously, I don't think anyone in that building cared about the overrun.
Speaker 3: I think those who time podcast recordings and stuff like that probably care more. Perhaps you could argue that people's DVRs and stuff, if they weren't watching live, might have affected or might have cut it off, which which is a major concern if you're trying to get that out there. But there are so many other ways to see it. Now, if you you saw most of it and you wanted to catch the end, you just hop on you too BC the end. But but you know, so we were loving it, and then the and then so Omega comes out and the fans love him and they're chanting Kenny Kenny, and he's you know, even though he you know, because you didn't really know coming off of the pay per view, is he a heel, Now did he attack osplay?
Speaker 5: What is the reason?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: And all that.
Speaker 3: So the fact that he gets immediately interrupted and Osprey comes out, people love ospray and again the best you know, uh entrance music and you know, excitement like that that I think in the company that gets people out of their seats. You know, he comes out and then people kind of.
Speaker 5: Like both of them.
Speaker 3: And then Kenny has one line about, you know, not caring about what the fans think about this. He's gonna tell Osprey and the fans are.
Speaker 5: Kind of like, is he healing?
Speaker 3: Is he not? That you're kind of going on this ride of but what it is doing is everyone was you know, there were no random yelling, There was no you know other than some some Kenny chance or some Osprey chants and that kind of thing. People were engaged. They were listening. They want to hear what these guys had to say. So you know, we were.
Speaker 5: Intently you know, listening.
Speaker 3: Omega goes one way explains to me in my mind perfectly.
Speaker 5: You know why he did what he did.
Speaker 3: On Sunday, And okay, you know, okay, you know you know you sense that he you know, he he waited too long you know, he was thinking about it. This is what he's been warning him about for months and months because they set this up months ago after was it double or Nothing? They had that you know video of them in the locker room talking and Omega's warning him about the death Riders back then. You know, so all this stuff's coming to fruition for Omega and he's not going to let that happen.
Speaker 5: You know, he's a champion.
Speaker 3: And then Omega and then Osprey comes back well, and then obviously Omega trying to knock some sense into his friend, you know, is slapping him in the face, and Ospray goes back and Osprey gives probably his best promo I think, you know that he's given, you know, passionate, but it made sense. You know, he's explaining he kind of liked being a death Rider. This was what he needed, he felt he needed and to get to that next level because he failed in the past. And it made sense. But he's not going to go and injure somebody. You know, he's not going to try to take someone out before the match. He wants to win it, you know, one on one, best versus the best, exactly what he said, So by the end, I think everyone was kind of going towards ospray And one thing I was curious about on the broadcast, they obviously because of the overrun and they went long enough, they cut it out before the actual Ospray Ospray chance from the song at the end, and those were deafening. You know, probably eighty percent of the people were still there, you know, at that point, and they were just you know, and loud Ospray ospray chants. It was really cool. So that just kind of put a capra on the whole evening that that segment.
Speaker 1: iPhone users, if you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch VIP on it.
Speaker 2: Click on that.
Speaker 1: There's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows, by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the PW Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial, and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account.
Speaker 2: It's that easy.
Speaker 1: Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post paper view roundtables, the Wade Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search PW Torch in your Apple podcast app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they moved it in the right direction where I think, just on paper, this is obviously a both these guys fight forever type of match.
Speaker 3: And in short order they need to.
Speaker 4: Get this to where people are on the side of Osprey, and I think that they've effectively done so. And that's in part because I think Kenny Omega is giving his best promo work that he's ever done in AW and I don't think that's very controversial to say that. I think that there's many times where Omega has had good promos, more heartfelt stuff, but he just feels so engaged. He has an idea of his character. What he's trying to accomplish here has really raised the stakes on this to where this feels like, you know what a lot of people have clamored for of that new Japan version of Kenny Omega, right, and you're always going to get the version you're going to get on the North American side of things. And I feel like this he has struck the right tone here with a story that you know is a little a little bit convoluted in what they did at the end of Redemption, But I think that both these guys really capitalize straightened things out. Osprey gave a great explanation of things. Omega really kind of set where his mind where his mindset was at for this to where I mean, this absolutely does feel like the biggest match of the year, and not just because it's going to be excellent and beyond amazing in the ring, but because they actually have a story that people are buying into, drawing upon the history from Bullet Club stuff, but a lot of it from just what you watch in ae W and where these guys are in the trajectories of their careers, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: And and you know, one of the things and we you know, I brought it up a few weeks ago, I believe is that you know Omega is to me, is really doing a great job with his promos and the seriousness, and they're keeping the bucks away from him when he's doing the promos, Like I think, when the bucks are there, the elite people are there, he can revert back into the goofy, you know, being the elite style of of promo.
Speaker 5: And you know, whether they're cognizant.
Speaker 3: Of that, whether it's just you know, whether it's he just turns it off, whatever it is, it's working, so you know, keep him serious, doesn't need to be with his pals, just you know, as the champion, you know the guy, and I think you know, he's hitting out of the park. Gospery hit it out of the park, and that was you know to me, that was that was you know, right up there with whether I'm sure we're going to talk about next, which is the Willow segment. As far as just the most the most compelling and and just cool atmosphere, I'm so glad I was there to witness it type of moments in that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's then let's go to Willow next and her celebration and then and then we'll follow that up with Hangman. So yeah, Willow Nightingale you talked about that of that, many people felt possibly Tekla has earned that spot to be in the position at all in, But certainly it seems that the original plan was to have Willow versus Mercedes, And I think that this response from the crowd here and the genuine emotion from Willow Nightingale has really solidified that this this absolutely seems like the right spot here. I think that these two are going to have a great match all in, and I think that Willow Knight Andkale needs to retain that title and continue to be the standard bearer for the women's division in a division that's lacking the depth the star power. At this point in time, that Willow has has kind of been that reliable person that they can go back to, and I feel like taking the segue story of her injury and then getting back to winning the championship has done actually a lot more for her in this and this segment was evidence of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm shocked that I agree one hundred percent with you after you know, a week ago, and I'm, uh, you know, I wanted her to lose so bad, and you know, because I love I think, well, because I love Tekla, and I think she's unique, and I think she is something. She's really good in the ring, and she's getting there, you know with her persona and her mic work and everything that I hope she does not get, you know, tossed to the side on this that she's back, you know, on TV a lot, because I think she's very valuable. But but you know, I think I think a lot of the credit for this has to go to Willow and and and.
Speaker 5: I think it all started for me.
Speaker 3: On Sunday night after if you watch the press conference, the post scrum whatever they call it, afterwards, they bring Willow on. You know, she's kind of talking a little bit, you know, like her cliche will Low you know thing. And then someone asked her about you know, report that she was dealing with, uh, some mild depression and some other things. And she gave an answer that was so like you could see the real person in there when she was she really was explaining you know that you know, she was going through a tough time and some you know, some some personal situations and and and dealing with you know, uh, dealing with something that so many people deal with. And it for the first time for me, I could see, you know, like the real person, not this persona that you know that that with the smile anyway, and all of that stuff, which you know, which I'm sure there's parts of that that are you know her as well, you know, but that kind of cheesy, you know, super you know, babyface type of of of things that you said that you know you don't really see as much, but kind can get grading on some people, and it was on me. I was kind of like, all right, I'm done with this act type of thing, but you know, letting us in seeing her the way that I saw her, I was like, okay, And I really thought people at the show saw that, and that is one of the reasons why she got as much love as she did.
Speaker 5: I'm sure she would have been cheered either way, but.
Speaker 3: I think this just just energized people even more. And then to see her, you know, legitimately get choked up, and then to see Renee's face in the ring, They're like, so that's what I wanted to see. Like when I rewatched it was because I thought I had seen it, but when I was there, but you know, Renee giving away almost how happy she was that Willa was getting this reaction made me even feel even more. I mean I was I got hit in the fields by the whole thing when I was there, and I was like, oh wow, this is amazing. And then she follows that up with a pro that you know, ninety five percent of was more real, felt like the real person. Some of the stuff like coming from what the post show, the post paperview show was, you know, a little bit of the catchphrase stuff, but for the most part real, and I'm kind of I'm thinking, Okay, this is.
Speaker 5: A lot easier to get behind.
Speaker 3: And then Mercedes comes out and she knocks it out of the park because she's she's like getting into it. It seemed like so she's forgetting this kind of scripted nature that she often speaks in and she's spar and the crowd was healing on her big time, which was fantastic, and she was kind of going back and it didn't seem awkward. You know, when they're chinning shut the f up and she goes back, I will not shut the hell up, you know, and it's part like that kind of back and forth, I think adds. So the whole segment to me was like, Wow, I was wrong. I want to see this match now. This is like a brand new for me and I now I've kind of bind Willow. It's like, it's amazing what a few days will do.
Speaker 5: But that's really the journey I went on.
Speaker 4: And I love that that we are, you know, two years, two plus years now into Mercedes being on the main roster for AW, and they've just remained the course of her being a heel and that is just such the right direction there. I think there's many opportunities where AW could have said, well, let's try to go back to trying to make her a babyface, and maybe the fans would have bought into it at different times, but this just solidified that, No, No, these people are cast in the right spot and they can and they can certainly.
Speaker 3: Have that though like for weeks and weeks, like I said, I really wanted Mercedes to come back as a baby face because I thought they could have told a good story. But I think what you're saying is one hundred percent right where this is working now because of Willow, Because if she was just going to some normal person and doing the whole you know, Mercedes shtick, I don't think it would have worked. This dynamic, you know, with the history between the two you know, where Willow's been in her way and all that this whole thing, that's where it I think has worked perfectly. So I think they just hit it, you know, they hit the right if they're gonna do it like this, I think it just worked out perfectly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like to give the example would be, is like if they tried to run it back with Maya World, I certainly don't think that that would have worked. I don't think that that worked on the pay per view or if you tried doing something with Chris again, I just don't think that that would have worked. Where just right now, I mean, I think that there's a lot of feelings towards Willow and the fans want to see somebody be that baby face for the women's division, and Willow time and time again has shown that she is able to be be that wrestler for them, especially with with with no return in sight for Tony Storm. So so somebody has to assume that mantle to be able to carry that, and I think Willow has proven to the audience that she is absolutely that person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and the only thing I would hope moving forward you know, with again this, you know, there was some talk about did did these two you know storylines peak you know now, and so now they still have a month to go through, you know, to sell you on it. I think the important thing moving forward for Willow is to try to continue to be this vulnerable, vulnerable babyface who is positive and all that stuff, but just have that have that realness and and the way she speaks, and and stay away from some of the cliches or some of the kind of over the top positivity stuff that she had done in the past that kind of turned it turned me off, but you know, maybe turned others off as well, whereas now, you know, I'm feeling that, you know, that nice blend between real person and character that really makes all of this work.
Speaker 7: Longing for some nostalgia or maybe you want to learn some wrestling history, don't miss the nineties Past Cast. Every Friday on the PW Torch Daily Cast feed, Alex and Patrick will transport you thirty years into the past by taking you through the Torch issue from that very week. Follow news from the WWF and WCW and all the happenings from across the wrestling industry in real time as The Torch reported it thirty years ago. That's the nineties past cast every Friday or the PW Torch daily cast feed. All right, so talk about Hangman Page makes his return on this show, and now he's kind of the king of the of the unadvertised appearances with when he did his promo on Collision with you know, a day's notice being in Virginia and then also that you know, there was thought that maybe he could appear on the paper. He didn't, and he just shows up in Detroit at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He gets in at the end of the at the end of that trios match, so the demand are now the Trios Tag Champions. And then there was also some follow up to on Collision where it seems as as right now that Hangman's mission is to tang Along Tag alongside Brodido, So it doesn't seem like there's a singles mission right now, but he's getting into the uh, into the trios tag division.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it was great.
Speaker 3: You know that opening segment was from Dynamite where you know they're walking through that tunnel and Ospray sees the death Rioters and you have that moment you know, I agree with.
Speaker 5: I saw it, read it or saw it.
Speaker 3: Somewhere about the the the uh the scout that you know, the location scalt finding that era. It was really a cool you know, it's kind of right near the building, but a very cool way to shoot that opening opening scene. And then all of a sudden, you know, when Osprey's kind of done talking and he goes off and Hangman's right there. The eruption from the crowd again another sign of like, well, you know, look what we get to see, because no one really knew what we were going to get to see, so that was great. He comes in at the end, you know when when his music hits at the end to come save uh, save the guys, the conglomeration, all that the place, a huge pop in a night of huge pops. So it's just right up there with anything else cheering wise all night. So he's still obviously very popular, and I think they're kinda this is kind of their way of just getting him back in the stories, you know, have him do this trios, get with with Broddo. You know, maybe they win the trios titles, maybe they don't, but I'm sure it won't be long until something kind of grabs him out of that into a good singles you know match for all In, because I would I would assume that, you know, they want him in a big, high profile singles match, and you know, maybe it's a I don't know, I'm trying to think of all the titles now or maybe again, I don't even know if he's going to be in this Continental Cup.
Speaker 8: That you know.
Speaker 3: The one criticism of the week for me is that this is another one of those major things for all In that just like gets randomly referenced in the show to like, what did he say?
Speaker 5: What is this thing?
Speaker 3: And then they kind of half explain it on collision, you know, throughout there trying to like instead of just taking two minutes and having ax Caliber just say we got something very special for all In called the Continental Cup and this is how it's gonna work, and put a graphic up and just say boom boom, boom boom, and then you're done. And then now any reference to it makes perfect sense. But anyway, but so maybe he enters that. I don't know, but I think it's very nice to see Hangman back, and I think you know, he could do He doesn't have to be in the world title scene to you know, matter, so you know, build these good stories and have him, you know, be the cowboy.
Speaker 4: So Greg, we're we're just a little pressed for time on stuff here for for both of our schedules. I want it, but I want it, like I said, I want to spend most of the time talking about You're in person there, so we had you also saw some great matches. You and I were kind of joking beforehand that you said, we said, well, you're going to see some sit down, some celebrations, and some more promos, and we're kind of like, well, I don't know how this is going to how good this will be. Turned out to be a fantastic of all of those, and as well as some of the in ring stuff, especially Moxley Commander. You saw a great trios match, the Andrade title defense to kick off the show. So just kind of leaving that more open air for anything that you want to touch on, anything that's specific to being there in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see so Yeah, so I'll be brief. Yeah, the matches were fantastic. Everybody was really into them. The uh that trios Kyle Fletcher really to me stood out. I think a lot of people were, you know, he played you know, heel to the crowd. He he you know, during the match, with some face expression, some good stuff, like he's really finding his way.
Speaker 5: So that was great.
Speaker 3: They all three of the baby faces, obviously Brodido and Speedball. People love them. People who hadn't seen you know, Speedball before, they're kind of like, who is this kind of you know Mullet, you know, guy who coming in here and a company were like, oh wow, you know some of those spots and that was great. You know, people still love Moxley. They're still chanting for Moxley. I still think, you know, they really got to at some point get Moxley, you know, more towards the baby face side. You don't have to change his character that much. Just get leave the plastic bags at home.
Speaker 5: But the best part of that Moxley match for me.
Speaker 3: Was the f Ohio chant against him, which obviously people in Michigan not fans of people from Ohio, and they very loud f Ohio. And then Moxley playing to the crowd, looking back and and like shaking his head like all right, you know jerks and then goes back to muttering to himself walking around, and you know which is I's one of my favorite things Motley does is just when he just decides to start just muttering to himself or his opponent, you know, like why are you trying to do that? You know it it's it's very's so great to me. So, is that like a college sports rivalry mostly mostly Yeah, with the University of Michigan and Ohio State is like the you know, top football rivalry of all the time. But I think it's also you know a lot of times it's a people thing too for them. You know, I'm not a native Michigan Michigander, so I don't have that ingrown hatred of all things Ohio actually for lots of friends in Ohio, and I like Ohio. But but yeah, but there's a lot of you know, there's always these like tales of uh, you know, be.
Speaker 5: Careful when you're driving in Ohio with a Michigan.
Speaker 3: Plate because they'll the cops, will you know, get.
Speaker 5: You for you know, sixty six over.
Speaker 3: You know it's over sixty five or what you know, like you're one mile per hour over, You're getting pulled over for something. But yeah, so, I mean that was comical, you know. Uh, I enjoyed the let's go commander chant because you know, a year and a half ago, the Commander's knocked the Lions out of the playoffs, and I, you know, so I was kind of thinking, oh, that must be weird for you to chant, let's go, commander. But anyway, uh, that was just for me, you know, it just again the whole thing, people, the one the one knock on the whole night was And my only miss in my Hits and Missus column that that I that I put out on PW torch dot com was it was swelteringly hot in there. I mean we were just it was hot in there. So uh so, yeah it was, but you know what, it wasn't it. I didn't care. I don't think most people care to think, Yeah it was hot, Yeah, were you sweaty? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But it was such a good time, so great time. You know, I can't wait for the next one.
Speaker 3: I know that Collision wasn't as attended, but I think they were still pretty loud and you had your MotorCity machine Guns arrival, which was which was very cool to see. You know, they got it, and the show itself I thought was decent. And yeah, so it was just a great, you know week. I think for aw coming off of that day review.
Speaker 1: You know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to. Those can be one second apart. With a VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. PW torch dot com slash Go vip tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot com slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to PW torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper tier options unlock our VP exclusive podcasts run throughout the week every week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that they did a nice job of setting the stage and it really helps to come to a market. I mean, this was perfect for them to come to Detroit with the two live shows. As you mentioned, the Motor City machine Guns debuted on Collision, so that was kind of a nice touch to give something more special to that Collision show, even though they did have some good matches on that one. Just quickly going through those results is that they had an aw World Trios title match the demand retain those against the Rascals Chamaso Champa defeated Nic Camarado, Hazuki and the Brawling Birds. If he had mit Athena, Billy Starks and Diamante.
Speaker 3: You had Bang Bang Gang.
Speaker 4: Defeating the Death Riders, Christantlander defeating Aurora tieves Co, Mander defeats Jay Lethal, and then a really good will Osprey match defeating Daniel Garcia.
Speaker 3: So as you mentioned, classic Tony Shavani saying Commander beating Jay Lethal shocked the world. That was my favorite line.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tony is I it feels like it becomes more grading each week, Right, there.
Speaker 3: Are moments, Yeah, there are moments where I think he's saying stuff and ex caliber and whoever happens to be next to him was yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no way that they're not being driven nuts. There's no there's no way that they're not aware of how this is coming off.
Speaker 3: Anyways, go ahead, Oh no, And and highlight for me from from Collision was with Nigel saying he's going to enter the Continental Cup, and apparently either Moxley is a great, great, great actor or he just found out, Like when he was sitting there on commentary, and the reaction from Moxley was just classic of just like wait.
Speaker 5: What you're in the You're in the cup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my face you And then he's like yelling off off off Mike to uh to Marina Shafir about it's just yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was very.
Speaker 3: Entertaining, you know that that little uh back and forth.
Speaker 4: Yes, Nigel, Nigel still has his moments there. He's got some of his uncomfortable comments to where nobody responds.
Speaker 3: There's a few of those on the paper View that.
Speaker 5: Was one, Yeah, I remember, I remember one of them. Yeah, that was you know what.
Speaker 3: I love Nigel, Yeah, I could. He could be on every show for me. He just I don't know, I've always I've always been a fan. Is he just you know, I think he gets it where he's just trying to have fun and trying to inform as well. And sometimes when you do that, you're gonna maybe go too far once by mistake, or you're gonna kind of contradict something by mistake.
Speaker 5: But I think for the most part. He's he's very entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Next Wednesday they're gonna be at Arena Mexico for Grand Slam Mexico. They have a full card announced with a non title Casino Gauntlin Number one three way match. So they did announce that the Casino Gauntlet will be returning to all In so Tomaso Champo versus Andredeo Elo versus Commander. I would have thought Andreida would have been in a bigger match for the show, but you know, this is the way they did it. They also have an eight man tag match with Cage and Cope at Tagan with the Young Bucks versus The Death Rids, Dana Garcia, John Moxley, Pac and Wheeler Uda aw World Trios tag match, the Demand, Bishop Conn, Ricochet and to Leona versus Adam Page and Brodido Christ Atlander versus Persephone, Darby, Allen, Jericho.
Speaker 3: And Mistico very weird group there.
Speaker 4: Versus the Don Callis Family of Hiso, Kazuchko Kata and Kevin Knight. There will be a no outside interference Mexico City street fight with Mark Davis versus Will Osprey. We'll also see the brawling Birds and Willow Nightingale versus Domine Dominion with Mercedes my Name and the AW International Title Match Kyle Fletcher versus Mike Bailey.
Speaker 3: Very solid crowd, a crowd card crowd too, I'm assuming because especially since last year was very cool there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, they'll they that will be a very entertaining one. And then also just the updated card for all in London. Since some stuff was established from Redemption and some and from Dynamite. Is that I mentioned that there will be another AW World Tyle Number one Contendership Casino Gauntlet match, so you'll get some surprises in there. AW World Tag Team Title Match. This was established on Redemption that Cajun Cope will face the Young Bucks AW Women's World Title match, will Nightingale defense against Mercedes Money and AW World Title Match, Ken Kenny Omega defense against will Ospray.
Speaker 3: All right, we're getting there.
Speaker 4: Yep, so good stuff there. We do have an email from Zach, so we'll get to that here. So Zach sent this in on Friday morning. Let me pull that up here. He sent that to All Elite CC at gmail dot com. Zach says Fellas Dynamite was special this week three very good to excellent promo segments to build up the top three matches. The crowd really made the show though, Greg, you were part of an all timer crowd. Detroit brought it all night and it was amazing. I have no doubt Arena Mexico will be hot next week too. Hopefully AW can maintain the momentum moving forward. And he says, Okay, time for trivia, and this week it's a new game called finish the Match. I'll give you half the match and you must fill the missing opponent. Good luck, all right, So we will do our best here, Greg, And I think if we can't get to it, then we'll continue on. And I think what I'll do in the future of these, Greg, is that I will as soon as I get these from Zach, I will send them to you, so you've got some time to think about them. So then we can kind of we can rattle off at least a guess there.
Speaker 5: I promise not to cheat if you do that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Number one he has sting versus a mystery opponent and this was a coal miner's glove match from Halloween Havoc nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: Oh God. Two, So here I graduated high school. I don't get any credit for that portion of the answer. Oh no, man, I just try to think of the top guys in there. I mean, was like Vader in there was like that when they were kind of doing yeah because this Flair so Flare's gone, right, so you and they didn't have anybody set up for sting after Flair was gone, So think of it that way too. But it could be Yeah, it could be Vader. I don't know. I don't know because coal miner have something to do with some weird gimmick that someone was doing or probably yeah, uh all right, I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number one is Jake the Snake Roberts, one of the most infamous matches in wrestling history.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it, I swear to god I did, but it was on I was thinking to myself, I don't want to say Jake's Jake the Snake because I think he went over there in ninety two and you know, after the whole like macho man uh bus Cobra biting him thing, and then he left and damn it. I did not pull the trigger, un see, I unlike will Osprey, you know, who now pulls the trick. I did not pull the trigger, so I lost that one. Damn it should have should have trusted myself.
Speaker 4: He says that Sting defeated Jake after retrieving the glove and punching him with it. So also just to want to say this as well, is that you know, I don't know if Jake is actually still on the A E.
Speaker 3: W roster page. I'd assume that the answer is no.
Speaker 4: But Jake was at the WWE event here, so not Rustle Khan, but the actual WWE event, So that tells me they are long done with each other.
Speaker 3: I'm checking their roster page very quickly here, but I'm obviously he's gone. He's not on there. So yeah, okay, So back back.
Speaker 4: With eight W or back with ww okay, So then moving on to the next one as I fumble through my phone. So number two is Brett Hart versus a mystery opponent. This was for the WWF Championship in your House Seasons Beatings nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Five, right in my dark period which Zach loves so much. Seasons Beatings, Seasons Beatings that I'm in the slightest idea. So okay, so late ninety five, so Nash was gone and uh, Scott All was gone.
Speaker 5: Can I go Vader again?
Speaker 3: Let's go Vader. I'm gonna keep going Vader until until he's until he's the right answer.
Speaker 4: Number two is the British Bulldog Davy Boyce Smith. He says, arguably Bulldog's best match Brett bled Buckets in this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, he only just said Summer Slam ninety two Brett Hard versus and then I would have gotten that.
Speaker 4: So Number three is Stephanie McMahon versus a mystery opponent from Vengeance two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: I want to say this was Vince McMahon.
Speaker 5: Okay, you are very confident. Let's go there.
Speaker 4: Uh, Nope, it is not. It was Sable says. This occurred after Sable returned to WWE as Vince's mistress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those days.
Speaker 9: Need an extra dose of positivity in your wrestling podcasts. Will come join me Alan forel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterbo Torch VIP as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it the US, Japan, Europe, or Mexico.
Speaker 2: There's always a.
Speaker 9: Place for wrestlings past in the Paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Jusian Thunderliger and our eye was there when shows where our guests will join me to talk about a classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of it at the Progress Paradise. Detailed PWO Torch VIP subscription information and a list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterwrew torch vip info dot com. And yes, all VIP podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone Android devices, or you can stream them directly from our ad free VIP mobile size See you in the Paradise.
Speaker 4: Number four Triple H Versus, which was a sledgehammer ladder match at TLC twenty eleven. I mean, like, was this like what they're weird, like Kevin Nash match?
Speaker 3: I mean, was it because there there.
Speaker 5: Was a he didn't have a larn eleven?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, okay, but I could also say it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess Kevin Nash is my guess. M.
Speaker 8: Do you have a guess no, Yeah, we'll go with yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number four Kevin Nash. This match was the culmination of bizarre twenty eleven return. That is a good way to put it, Zach. When Greg Gas was he there in twenty eleven, Yes he was, and it was bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember that was the twenty eleven was the glorious Punk run that it should have been longer than it was. But that's that's what I think of when I think twenty eleven. I can't no one say, oh, yeah, Nash was backing up Dog.
Speaker 4: Well, that's exactly what happened there was they cut off his knees and they brought in Kevin Nash like and made him up to look like Diesel, and they were gonna they either did or we're going to have CM Punk versus Kevin Nash. And you know, obviously you draw those parallels to the click cutting people off. So number five Cody Rhodes versus a mystery opponent from eight E W Double or Nothing twenty twenty one. So yes, So Cody left early twenty two, twenty two, and it looks like it is a.
Speaker 3: Single opponent here.
Speaker 4: This is this is pre Malachi Black series of matches.
Speaker 3: Wow, I thought you would have had this right on the money, because you you are mister aw pay per view guy, even though I can tell you I watched it because I've seen every pay for you they've done, Like, oh, okay.
Speaker 4: So this, this would have still been at This would have been the last one at Daily's place before then they then they moved out. So and I know that that show was headlined by Brody Lee versus John Moxley.
Speaker 3: So is this Anthony a go go? You know? And that one makes sense because that I remember they they did try that. Yeah, yeah, okay, number five Anthony a go go. Oh, well done, Joel. You you talked your way right into that one. Perfect. He said.
Speaker 4: This was the feud slash match in which the term Cody verse really became a thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was totally. That's very good, very good, Zach, very good, awesome, awesome, Thank you, thank you, Zach. And yes, I was very proud to be a part of that crowd on Wednesday. You know, while I am not the biggest yeller screamer in as a fan in the shows I was, I was definitely engaged and into it. You know, how could you not be? It?
Speaker 4: Was fantastic, and then I wanted to close out just by saying Greg because I had I was texting you yesterday that I was at an independent show.
Speaker 3: I went to. I went to a one and one match of an independent show.
Speaker 4: I did not last long at the late one and left early, but I went to the Friday night nightro as First Wrestling has now run five years from the rotunda at All America, so an opportunity for people traveling into town to see the uniqueness of where they had the first nightro and this show included the likes of Amazing Red was on this show. El Clone Eddie Kingston was on it along with Yes, my new friend I did. I did have a little chat with Eddie, very very nice person after the show, and I'm and I teased to you that somebody on the original WCW Nitro wrestled on this show and this was a huge, huge pop.
Speaker 3: Do you know who this was? M I mean, the only one when you told me yesterday that I could come up with was buff Bagwell, because that that's the only person I could think of who's still alive or able to walk to a ring that might have been for I don't have that car original card memorized, but I'm trying to remember there weren't there wasn't a ton of matches on that card, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, out of retirement, Jusian thunder Liger wrestled on this show in a a kind of Royal Rumble battle royal esque thing where he was the last entrant. Didn't do a ton in the rain, but gave some clotheslines and some stuff and.
Speaker 3: You know, seven top eight years old or whatever. He I don't know, but he's he's high up there.
Speaker 4: And the thing is is that so I was actually at his final match at the Tokyo Dome Wrestle Kingdom fourteen, and then he just kind of came back out of the blue and had a match against Joey Janella which was less than two minutes. I want to say last year, and here again just out of the blue comes out of retirement to you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, he's technically in a match.
Speaker 4: He did do some moves, so maybe it maybe you know, it's just he's retired from Japan, but will come out for these, you know, if there's a nice payday and something you know special where obviously him he came out with Sonny Ono, the Rotunda, the malve of America. And to this point, I've not seen any anybody else reporting on this. I've not seen it on PW torch dot com or otherwise. But Jusian thunder Lager was on that show last night.
Speaker 3: So well, good for you get to see him again. Yeah. Nice, Yeah, it's really cool. And it was funny because when I mentioned, and I'll be brief that when WrestleMania was in Detroit way back when, like they didn't have this type of stuff going on.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there were a couple of.
Speaker 3: Independent shows, and I'm not as big into the independent scene certainly wasn't back then. But but like these like Wrestle Khan and all this stuff where you're gonna there's so much going around. Like that's the one thing where I'm curious, you know, if any other big event comes to Detroit, I could take advantage of, you know, some some of it, you know, if it if it aligns with my preferences as if you know what I mean. Yep.
Speaker 4: So later on today, Wrestle Khan here starts in a little bit. Some aw names there, Will Osprey is the biggest name.
Speaker 3: Tekla is also going to be there. I know Tamaso.
Speaker 4: Champa, so just a few names, but the wrestle con that's non Wrestlmingia weekend is not nearly as big. And then GCW is making their debut in Minnesota. They're going to be at the historic First Avenue. Meghan Bain of Divine Dominion is going to be on that show. Then you have SummerSlam Night one, and then First Wrestling again is going to be back at First Avenue, so Eddie Kingston again will be on that show, and I think l Clone as well from aew and then they do it again on Sunday, so they'll have GCW versus First Wrestling at First Avenue and then SummerSlam Night two as.
Speaker 3: Well to close out the weekend. Well, one of my good friends who I went to the show with this past week is a big GCW guy and he will go to any GCW show that's.
Speaker 5: Ever around this area.
Speaker 3: So I wish you a good time, stay safe, watch for flying projectiles, and enjoy yourself and enjoy yourself the whole weekend.
Speaker 5: I know you been looking forward to this. This is good, good stuff.
Speaker 3: Very much appreciate it. Greg.
Speaker 4: Let's sign off from there. I appreciate you making time here to on your vacation. I was able to get to see uh outside here a little bit, but why don't you get back to the activities.
Speaker 3: I'll close this one out. We appreciate the.
Speaker 4: Email from Zach and our listeners here. If you have any questions comments, send that to all ELITESCC at gmail dot com. But Greg, we will we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, everyone, have a good week.
Speaker 1: Your time is valuable. Go VIP and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website.
Speaker 2: With VIP exclusive content.
Speaker 1: Pw torch dot com slash go vip. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership pw torch dot com slash go vip. You can participate in the Wadkeller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic to Weadkeller podcast.
Speaker 2: At gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also participate in the Waykeller post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com during or write after.
Speaker 2: Raw Dynamite or Smackdowe.
Speaker 1: Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day.
Speaker 2: At pw torch dot com.
Speaker 1: Pull yourself away from the vacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage.
Speaker 2: Admit it.
Speaker 1: You love Nick Barbatti when he co hosts with me on the Wadekeller Post Shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on the Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast.
Speaker 2: Here's Nick to tell you more. Hey, wrestling fans.
Speaker 7: It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and sharp takes.
Speaker 9: On WWE, for WrestleMania rumors, to surprise returns.
Speaker 2: I got you covered.
Speaker 7: The Nicky's Club where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go VIP pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with Patreons, Spotify, Apple podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, The Nicky's Club waiting for you every week at pw torch v. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Wedkeler podcasts in pw torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to Patreon dot com search pw torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way, to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify, and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weaykeller Podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Daily Cast lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others.
Speaker 2: Just look for a place to rate.
Speaker 1: The show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A pww Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you ad free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP member. Now we're approaching twenty years of podcasting, Go vip and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. PW Torch dot com slash go vip.
Speaker 2: We have a streamline.
Speaker 1: Sign up for me and you can pay with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library. PW torch dot com slash go VIP