Speaker 1: Botto five at fifty five k RC, the talks days Happy Friday. Say there it is confirmation it's Friday. Not that I needed any Brian Thomas right here, glad to be, Glad to see dress jerk Ory Bloms and he executive producers both here at fifty five KRC, and saddened got in this morning. Look at the rundown. You know, usually the first time I found out who's going to be on the program, except on Fridays. I know six thirty with Dave hat A right Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Not today. We did have him early in the week for a special edition with Tuesday Tech Tuesday. But sadly Dave had a medical emergency. Don't know what's wrong, just know that he had some something that I guess put him in the hospital. So prayers. No, he's not getting a sex change operation. Joe. He had a back and forth with Dave on that. Joe said to uh, Dave, listen, Dave, whether it's Dave or Divina, it's okay with us anyway. Nothing to joke about a medical emergency. So maybe some prayers going Dave Hatter's direction if we get any details on what's wrong with Dave certainly willing to let you know, so, I mean, he doesn't want to keep it quiet, but he didn't say keep the fact that I'm in the hospital quiet. So that's why I'm letting you know where we are this morning. So anyhow, that means an open six o'clock hour, of course, an opportunity to talk all morning five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk down five fifty on at and G phones. More guests, though, we got seven o five with Mandy gnis goodness, Kara book y'all fired Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism and Draining the Swab. That should be a fun compia. Mandy was a Trump's Environmental Protection Agency chiefs staff, so I'm sure she's got some wonderful things to say, and of course we'll dive into some of the details of the book, which you can get at fifty five care Sea dot Com, Edwin Black and an empower Youth seminar are taking place on the eighth, I believe that's Tuesday, and that one also should be rather interesting. National fears and national affairs. Our next election will be pivotal half for more than nation. Fearful about the direction of which the United States has headed. High inflation on precedent, illegal immigration, riots in our cities, increase in crime throughout the nation, cancel culture, biased and untruthful media, and an assassination attempt on a former president is also a presidential candidate. Dei in wokeness, destroying our children, in our communities, our democracy quote unquote under assault in our freedoms quote unquote under assault. If America continues on its current path, it will cease to exist as we know it. Okay, obviously important subject matter to contemplate and talk about. Edwin Black at seven thirty here in the morning show, the empower Use Seminar Empower You America dot Org taking place October eighth. Jack Adviden's going to speak in advance of that, so Edwin's gonna kick it in about seven point thirty. Jack Adtherton Tea and things off at seven seven o'clock. And Jack was on the program just the other day by the podcast at five cars dot com. Donna Schwaben Oh yeah, in studio, my German friends from the Donna schwabin German Organization will join the program at eight oh five, and they will be in studio, which suggests to me the festivities for the weekend will begin at eight oh five here on the fifty five Carsite Morning Show. Again, feel free to call if you have a comment. Let's talk about today. Let's begin though, with the strike ending. That didn't take long. Of course, when you have a monopoly over control of the goods and services flowing in and out of our country through the Eastern Seaboard and the Gulf Coast, you got a lot of leverage, a lot. So they agreed to return to work, ending this three day strike. Port employers offered a sixty two percent increase in wages over six years. Joe, you get. It's the kind of wage increase you get all the time, year, every year, all the time. Phase three is profit. President Biden applauded the agreement SAM in collective bargaining works, and it's critical to building a stronger economy from the middle out and bottom up, bottom up. We'll get to that in a second. Long Service Association Port operators said the agreement would extend the prior contract that expired at the start of this week through January fifteenth, the next year, while the two sides continue to negotiate other issues, including automation on the docks. Heaven forbid we get automation on the docks. And in fact, I think, as I've joked before, we should probably go back to hauling these things by horse and buggy. Why well, horse and buggy would require infinitely more union workers to do the work than maybe a tractor trailer. More on that point, in a moment, raising base pay hourly rate for the ISLA port workers to sixty three bucks from thirty nine dollars over six years on the conditioned dock workers go back to work and agree to efficiency gains not described to pointed out, many US dock workers currently are earning more than one hundred thousand dollars a years baseline hourly wages boosted by work rules and overtime requirements. Cost to higher wages will be borne by cargo owners and shipping lines right, and the shipping lines will have to decide how much of the added costs they're going to pass along to their customers, the IE big retailers, manufacturers, and farmers. Then important export through the East Coast and Gulf Coast ports. Question mark will those next year in the supply chain, big retailers, manufacturers, etc. Will they pass the price along to you? What do you think if I were a betting man, I think I knew exactly what the answer to that question would be. Anyway, I said more to those points in a moment. Here it is, and thanks to the Wall Street Journal credit for this reminder of forgotten lessons about union monopolies and labor laws politics. They say the myth, one myth exposed by this strike is that unions need more economic and political power because they helped the working man. Going back to Joe Biden's point on that one pointed out the lawn Sherman's Association International help some workers at the expense of countless others. This is something that's a really brilliant point. I really wasn't focusing on. It's something I didn't know. They point out at the outset that there are fifty thousand or so so Ila strikers, but only twenty five thousand or so port jobs, And they say that's right. Only about half of the union members are obliged to show up at work each day. The rest sitt home collecting what they call container royalties previously negotiated in other ILA contracts intended to protect against job losses resulting from ooh innovation. So we got a bunch of guys sitting around. It's like on the water fund when Marlon Branda is sitting around doing nothing and getting paid for it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Hello. Twenty nineteen twenty twenty report from the Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor. Here's what the report had to say. The absolute control of the International Longshoreman's Association a FLCIO over hiring in the port for over sixty years has not only led to ready ready lack of diversity and in conclusion in water Fund employment, but also the perpetuation of criminality and corruption. The report points out residents near the ports can't get hired because the union control quote. Meanwhile, those who are connected to union leadership or organized crime figures are rewarded with high paying, low show or no work special compensation packages. The report says more than five hundred and ninety individuals continue receiving over one hundred and forty seven million dollars in outside salaries not required by the industry's collective bargain agreement, and for hours they do not even have to be at the port, continuing quoting the report, such positions were overwhelmingly given to oh, white males connected to organized crime figures or union leadership. I think the journal concludes, that's how the Herald dagg at the International Long Terman's Association boss ends up with a nine hundred thousand dollars a year salary driving around in e Bentley and up till just recently owner of a seventy seventy six foot yacht. Hey, Joe Daggert's yacht is bigger than yours, as the union, and this is the union that Biden, Harris and so called national conservative intellectuals extole as tribunes of the working class. Why hasn't mister Biden wrung up these guys for systemic racism? They ask, hmm, Connected white guys get the jobs. And this is the salient point here. This is what happens when unions are granted a monopoly negotiating power that lets them extort outsized rents. Isola the sole union bargainer for the East and Gulf Coast ports, one basically person controls all of the labor that goes onto those ports. There is little non union port competition. The union has a chokehold on commerce that gives it an extraordinary leverage. That's why I said earlier on and they when this drike kicked in, they're gonna get what they want. And that's the reason there's no competition. And of course this is a sign of their selfishness. Is as it's pointed out, when they strike, they stop trading goods and hurt literally millions of not just workers who aren't far less than they do, but us because we can't get the goods that we normally expect coming in through the ports. They shut them down, and mister Daggert happy to put countless truck drivers, warehouse employees, retail clerks, auto workers out of work so he and his connected members can buy another yacht well and more fundamentally, put everybody else in a position where we're gonna have to pay more for all the things that go through the ports because they just negotiated a labor double basically a doubling plus of the salary that they get. And yes, I do thoroughly believe the large shipping magnates will pass those costs along to the manufacturers and the retailers who will then pass them along to us. So the strike ultimately hurts us in the form of higher prices. So and just allow the editorial board of the journal there to do and give them the closing statement, it's fashionable in Washington these days. Do you think that a handbag or handing rather big labor more power will help workers reduce inequality? It won't. It will either enrich labor bosses and assist the politicians they support, while damaging the economy and limiting the broader wages wage gains needed for shared prosperity. A different take on it, and I think some various stute observations. Where's the Rainbow Coalition or Black Lives Matter or the other left wing organizations criticizing the hiring practices of the Long Shehrman's Union. Maybe someone will do a dig into that one and a little analysis into that. Feel free to call I plenty to talk about and of course coming up later, stack of stupid in the at five point forty, it's five seventeen right now, be right back. I officially accept your nomination five twenty five k r SEV talk station. Let me what's on your mind. It's a message he likes to hand out every Friday at this time. I always love hearing from you. Five one three, seven hundred two three talk fifty eight and t fund. I didn't know what I was gonna decide to talk. Grab a hold of this article and talk about it. But that's keep your stupid match with Kamala Harris's approval. Uh decent enough springboard too. You talk about her comments regarding fracking the other day. H Now we've got all kinds of clips and information and campaign platitudes and pledges from twenty nineteen talking about how she wanted to ban fracking, wanted to ban fracking, gonna ban fracking, it's my intent to ban fracking. Ones rolling around talking about uh this and these things have gone viral because she now claims that she's not going to ban fracking. So Joe Delano, CBS Pittsburgh Joe Dolana in an interview with Harris earlier this week. I wanted to ask you. There's a political ad on TV from twenty nineteen climate Hall town meeting that you had in which you basically said quote, I guess it's not basically saying it when you have it in quotes anyway. Quote. There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking clothes quote. A lot of them said, the ad claims that if you elected president, you will ban fracking and you will cost Pennsylvania over three hundred thousand jobs. Have you changed your view on fracking and if so, why.
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Let me start by saying that that ad as you described it, no, as he quoted it, is absolutely a mischaracterization, and I think it's intended to make people afraid of my presidency. Now that's the one thing I wanted people to contemplate. So we have the quote in the ad, and it's a quote genuine, not artificial intelligence creator from twenty nineteen. There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking. So not sure how it could be a mischaracterization to draw from that very clear statement that she wants to ban fracking. But with regard to the ad revealing her quote and playing it back for the folks that might be inclined to vote for some one who wants to keep fracking, most notably the Pennsylvanians, make people afraid of my presidency? Isn't that a telling reaction? We're afraid that she will ban fracking, which means with her back pending an obvious admission that the vast majority of Americans realize that we need fracking and that we need the gas that we get from it. People don't want to ban fracking, and hopefully I can read into that a growing legion of people who don't buy into this nonsense that we are exhaling ourselves into demise because the banning on fracking springs directly from the argument that a carbon output is killing our planet, that somehow CO two, which is in you know, insignificant quantities in terms of what we're breathing, which is varied radically over the millennia, we've hit points in our on our globe, was history where CO two has been off the charts by comparison to where it is now. Plants eat it? How did it become the demon and all of this, maybe more people are waking up that you know, CO two's probably not all that bad. And the fact that all of our efforts economically ruinous efforts depriving us with you know, constant, reliable sources of energy, which is a good thing, that maybe this is the wrong direction for this country to go down the world even but she says it's to make people afraid and yet people should be afraid because I think everyone logically and reasonably can conclude that the only reason she's saying she's not in favor of banning fracking now is because it's a campaign loser. Take comfort in that, I do. We've got time for Mike's call, Joe now, Mike, hang on a second. I got in a roll there. I didn't see you on the line. I will be happy to take your calls soon as to get back, and I will. I'll be right right back.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time of the weather Channel nine setus. We have a mostly Sunday day today high of eighty two overnight clear and fifty five Sunday n Haiti tomorrow overnight clear and fifty eight Sunday On Sunday high of eighty six fifty forty degrees. Right now fifty five KERCD talk stations fout twenty eight and a very happy Friday, two year Jeff ass Well, don't the unions remember the Baker's Union and what happened to Hostess That could happen to any market. Note my retort, the bakers Union doesn't have a complete monopoly over the control and production of bake goods. Unlike the ISLA and the control over the over the ports. So we continue to have baked good choices. Even though we might miss our hostess products. We can still buy comparable treats. That is not so with monopolistic control and the complete doc shut down one hundred percent control by one union. Therein lies the challenge in the rub Mike, thanks for holding over the breakedare welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 5: My pleasure. Good morning, sir.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind today, Mike?
Speaker 5: I tell you what. Here's what I would like to see. I'd like to see the president do what Reagan did to the air traffic controllers. Come back to work. I'm going to fire you. I tell you what they'd see. Then they would see how powerful they really are when their union brothers and sisters started crossing the picket lines.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brian, good, thank you for the call, brother, I appreciate it. I'm not sure the same scenario applies. I think there was some ability because the FAA is controls air travel, and therefore the federal government has control over the employment practices. I don't believe that control extends over the ports and the docks and the dock workers. I don't believe I could be wrong on that. The other problem is a logistical one with air traffic control, as Reagan brought in the military and folks were experienced with air traffic control equipment. If I recall the facts correctly, we are going back a few years. So you had people who are experienced who could easily go in and sit down in front of that air traffic control radar screen and take over. Get a built in supply of folks who could substitute. I don't know that that's necessarily the case of the dock workers and ramping up hiring and replacement, I imagined would be a logistical nightmare. And something tells me that the International Longshoreman's Association here I am going back to on the waterfront Marlon Brando might engage in efforts to stop those replacement workers from going to work. Just a little theory of mine. Don't know, it's not going to play out because of the resolution of the situation. Here's something that you want to take note of. Apparently all as in all northbound lanes will be shut down between the rams from to and from eastbound Norwood Lateral starting to attempt him Friday through three pm. Monday. That is I seventy five. I seventy five is going to be closed most weekends this month, beginning this Friday, State contractor is beginning a one point nine million dollar project to rehabilitate the pavement on I seventy five. They'll be installing a load transfer platform to support the pavement. Drivers urge to detour eastbound Norwood Lateral to northbound ICE seventy one or take two seventy five over to seventy four O dots. Catherine Kathleen Fullard, speaking with Fox nineteen props on that said they've been in communication with the CINCINNTI Bengals to plan alternative routes for fans leaving the game on Sunday. Oh Joy Joeses sounded like a Charlie Fox Strat situation coming our way. You should get Ingram in here to talk about it. If you typically take if you typically use I seventy five, but maybe you travel to the west side, northwest side of the city within the hour our belt, maybe you want to consider using I seventy four and two seventy five, she recommends. She said, obviously seventy one is going to be another great option. We know there's going to be traffic congestion, traffic delays, but we don't want to discourage anyone from coming downtown over the weekend, they say, weather permitting, I seventy five lanes will be closed again next weekend the eleven through the fourteenth, and the news release ODOT said also the third weekend to close the northbound lanes has yet to be determined. However, it's anticipated that will take place during the week of our weekend of October twenty fifth and twenty eight. So all three weekends in October looked like they're going to represent a bit of a travel challenge. Butler Kuinty Corner responded to a wooded area next to Garfield Middle School in Hamilton. They reported that body was found there Hamilton Police. Hamilton Police responded to a call that came into the Butler kind of dispatches before two pm. The Journal News credited with reporting on this. The ambulance left the scene not long after arriving, and Hamilton Police said the Corner's band was on the way. They didn't provide any other details. Hamilton's the school superintendent, Mike Holbrook, confirmed the wooded area was not school property. So we'll get more information on that, we'll let you know, and finally we'll get one morning here we got Grant County man facing charges after he was accused of crashing his car into a Fort Mitchell couple's home. Fort Mitchell police responded to the crash three o'clock in the morning yesterday. Elijah Healing Rolling charged with criminal mischief and operating a vehicle under the influence. He was later released under his own recognizance. Apparently, Matt Hazard asleep in the home when he heard a loud boom. He said, I think he's very lucky as it, said of the driver, I have no idea that the car would drive into the house. I just thought it was a picture frame or TV that fell. Said he and his wife rushed outside and saw the car crashed into their home. Said to check the driver immediately, make sure he wasn't bleeding. Said sat there and I called nine one one. Just hung out till the cow showed up. Court track documents say Rolling drove into the home after drinking at a bar in Covington, telling police officers he had two car bombs and three beers. While at the Bar's eyes were red and gloss he smelled them and toxicants and allegedly failed several field sobriety tests. Bobby. Welcome to the Morning Show, and happy Friday to you, my friend.
Speaker 6: Happy Friday, my brother, and thanks for holding that torture freedom high and bride every day.
Speaker 1: He just doing my job, Bobby, and somebody's got to do it, and I'm happy to be in a position to do so.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow's an awful good day, my brother. We got tampon tiam supposed to be in the Greater Metro area here to that tomorrow in Indian Hills or Hyde Park.
Speaker 1: I would guess probably probably that's where the money is, right.
Speaker 6: That's where it's at. My brother and the Trumpster will be up in Butler, Pennsylvania tomorrow. I got my confirmation directions and everything yesterday. So that's going to be a beautiful day. About eighty five degrees outside.
Speaker 1: Oh well, on your way to the rally then, aren't you, Bobby.
Speaker 6: It would be a nice day, my friend.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You might spice things up at the Walls rally. I don't know. It might be a better use of your time, Bobby.
Speaker 6: Well, I was I was wondering which way to go because it's supposed to be open for tampon team. I mean it's for you know, it's any bike. I'd call down there to find out where I could go.
Speaker 1: That probably wouldn't let you in anyhow. Is that all you got, Bobby? That's it, my brother, have a great weekend. It safe travels, my friend. You call Monday with a report on the rally. If I have thirty five, if I have care se DETOK stations, stick around. We'll dive on into the stack of stupid coming up next. But don't let that stop you from calling. If you've got something important to talk about, feel free to call right back. Here is first one to Weatherboar Cass. We have mostly sunny day to day to dry eighty two over night clear and fifty five sonny and eighty tomorrow also dry over night down in fifty eight and another sunny day on Sunday with a high of eighty six fifty forty degrees right now fifty five here see talk station time for the first traffic update from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: As the only Level one trauma in the region, u SEE Health is setting the standard for national emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the er choose U see health when you need expert care. A little bit of roadwork right now on seventy four, coming inbound between Montana and Cole Raine. Left lane will be occupied until about six am. You will encounter some fog as well. Over along the Ohio River the two seventy five right around Kellogg. We're seeing it through there, but for the most part should be in pretty good shape. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Can you play John the Fisherman?
Speaker 1: Must be Friday at five forty so yeah, got to keep Joe's tracker happy. Five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk Time, PYX fifty on eight and p found just tuning in you as the doc strike is over. It's Friday. Time for the stack and stupid phone calls are still welcome. Fifty five Cars dot com and you can't listen live. Just a reminder to head on over there because there's always some good stuff going on. Fifty five care Sea dot com, especially if you miss some of the show. Had Jay Rayle off, of course, on yesterday Hamilton Kenny prosecuted me. Lists of Powers, and she broke down all the reasons why Connie Pillage is not qualified in any way, shape or for him to do the job. As I put the challenge out to my listeners, go to Powers for Prosecutor dot com and then go to Connie Pillage dot com and you tell me who's got the skills to run the prosecutor's office. And you also have obviously a wonderful record in Hamilton County Prosecutor Powers being tough on crime. Orlandos Sonzo was on yesterday, he is awesome. He is so much better a choice than Greg Landsman, as demonstrated yesterday, but more fundamentally as demonstrated by the debate he head with Greg Landsman on Channel five and he just cleaned Landsman's clock over to the stack. According to new disturbing police allegations at Greaty Memorial Hospital this is in Atlanta, a twenty four year old guy was arrested after allegedly attempting to sexually assault a stroke patient. According to Atlanta Police Department reports, suspects smoked crack inside the hospital premises, entered the patient rooms a room uninvited, and then tried to assault her while she was asleep incident unfolded when a hospital employee encountered Shaman Pierce in an elevator noticed the musing what appeared to be a crack pipe. After the employee and Pierce exchanged the exit of the elevator and awaited security assistance near the nurses station, he eluded their supervision got away. They saw him, or rather they say they heard a noise from a room, leading to the discovery of a naked Pierce as a tradition and the patient on the floor.
Speaker 4: As a tradition.
Speaker 1: Spit attempts to lock him inside the room, He forcefully escape ran down the hall unclosed. That's when they lost him when he hit the stairwells, so valence footag showed he escaped into the basement, where he hit in a trash can for over an hour. Inside the trash can, he found a hospital gown that he used to cover up before, and he left the premises. Lady later arrested under a nearby bridge waiting for that first, he told the police that he was sick and claimed to have just been discharged from the hospital. He told the police he wanted to be taken a gateway, which is a homeless shelter. After being denied transport to that shelter, his demeanor shifted and he refused further communication with the authorities, and then he eventually admitted to being under the influence of drug and yes, assaulting the patient, claiming to have been quote trying something new.
Speaker 8: Close quote all right.
Speaker 1: That patient again later identified as a stroke patient who was sleeping at the time Pierced broke into the room, said when she opened her eyes, he was standing over her in the nude, trying to cover her head with a bed cover. When she asked him what he was doing, she said he became aggressive, climbing on top of her and told her to be quiet. During the struggle that ensued, the basion told police two of them fell off the hospital bed, causing her to hit her head. She also told the police that she didn't know him personally, but said she had seen him a few times around the hospital. They collected a rape kid. Peers now faces charges including intent to rape, sexual battery, and battery, being held in the fold and County Jail. Se it Nick's got this morning, Nick, thanks for calling the morning showing Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 3: Hi, Brian, Thanks Happy Friday. He did too, thank you. Hey, the thing you were saying about the union bosses, that's why the union bosses have been so closely associated with the Democratic Party for all these years, because they want control of her people, and the Democratic Party is the source of segregation, and the union bosses one of the ones that were actually used for a long time to keep black people from getting jobs. Of course, yes, and so's and both of those just want to have control over people and they make their money from doing that, and that's been all along, that's been the case, and so you know, there's nothing changed on that of this. It's just part of the union bosses, not the union members. The union members are people just like you're and me, But the union bosses are ones who are like the Democratic leadership, who want to maintain control over people.
Speaker 1: The silence, though, is deafening on their diversity, equity, inclusion realities in the unions though, apparently, and something that the Democrats don't want to talk about. They just want to talk about solidarity and helping the little guy and the working man and ignoring the realities of what actually goes on within those various very large and obviously in this case, monopolistic unions. That's the problem here. I think it's more of the monopoly. If you had better competition, you might have had ports still open. This might have not involved this extortion reality that we saw with the with the Longshoreman's Union. Anyways, stud points on. Hey listen, I'm going back to the report that was cited in there in the article talking about this Wall Street Journal. You know, I trust them as a reliable news source. In that report, you know, not generated by some right wing organization. They're the ones that concluded that mob influence and well apparently racism running them up within the the the long Sharman's Union, five forty five fifty five Krcity Talk Station. Feel free to call. Got more stupid coming up in the Alternative'll be right back, five fifty fifty five caroseed Etalk Station. It's Friday, and a happy one too, you know, Tech Friday Today, prayers for Dave Hatter had some kind of medical emergencies, so really keep my fingers crossed. There's nothing too seriouslyly wrong with Dave. But I will miss having that segment on. But I always enjoyed talking to you. So let's jump to the phones and get Larry's call. Larry, thanks for calling, and Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 9: Happy Friday to you, brother. Most of your listeners probably don't know, but I do know. It comes to the unions, your union representatives from the international, they still get their salary. Even though you might be out walking picket, or the union members are out walking picket, They're not really getting paid. They may get I don't know what their union is in particular, but I've worked union for thirty years. Even though I don't I almost never agree with the unions most.
Speaker 1: Of the time.
Speaker 9: But I know in my union with the International Airspace Machinist Union, we get seventy dollars a week for walking picket. That all you can't even you can't.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 9: So I guarantee you most of all those people that are walking picket are not getting paid. But yet the union bosses they still get their salary coming in because that's collectivism from where they've collected their union dues weekly out of their paychecks all through the contract time. So those workers are not getting paid.
Speaker 1: I thought they were required to have worked. Aren't they required to have some sort of fund to cover striking workers when they're not getting a salary. I don't know what the obligations are. This is out of my l now.
Speaker 9: I've worked for two different unions, the International steel Workers Union.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the iem No.
Speaker 9: We had nothing like.
Speaker 1: That, oh my words, absolutely nothing like that.
Speaker 9: Now, I don't know how it would be if you were like ce Sins. Most of the time I worked for a company directly, but I was backed by the union. Maybe that's different versus somebody say boiler Maker one oh five out of Cincinnati or three ninety two Local three ninety two.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have a pot.
Speaker 9: That they could draw from. However, I did used to work for Emery Chemical for ten years down on SD Avenue in Saint Bernard, Yea. And in two thousand and five our steel Workers Union actually lied to the union members and told the union members so to get them to sway them to vote down the contract, that they guaranteed that no one would lose a house, a home, a car. And people fell for this, and we wound up walking picket for over a year and it wound up just getting totally. They got what they call those injunctions and went to Cincinnati to the courthouse and had us all removed away from off the picket lines. Wow, never did get to.
Speaker 1: Go back in on that job.
Speaker 9: Now, you could have resigned from the union across the picket line and went in for about seven dollars less on the hour than what you were making before.
Speaker 1: Right, and then.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of stuff that goes on a lot of people don't know about.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate the additional insight. Never been a union worker myself, so these things are quite often outside my element.
Speaker 9: Well here's another thing. Here's another thing, real quick, and I'll let you go because I know you're on.
Speaker 1: A time schedule.
Speaker 9: I've been bothered about this all week with you have I don't know if you've mentioned it. I do listen to you every morning coming into work, but I haven't heard you mention it. The George Soros's son Alex Soros, that whole Soros gang has purchased over two hundred and twenty radio stations all across America.
Speaker 1: They bought Audust. Yeah it was this, Yeah, I know they approved it, fast tracked, going around their normal protocol. Obviously the fix was in yet he bought out odysty which was in bankruptcy. So wait for the wait for the content change to the intent you listened to one of those channels.
Speaker 9: Oh, I know, I hope that won't affect you.
Speaker 1: Now it's a different company when it comes for iHeartMedia, when we may have a problem on our hands. Until that time, thanks to the additional info, real quick here and got one more stupid I can get in before we take the break. On top of the our Kenosha Chilinoy pastor has been charged with two phonies after prosecutors claimed he used the man's cell phone during a group meeting to send himself nude photographs of that man's wife, which were apparently on that man's cell phone. Gabriel Mills, forty one year old former pastor a Journey church in Kenosha, charged with two counts of capturing intimate representation. Police Department issued a statement said that Mills made his initial appearance in court, bail set at seventy five hundred dollars. Criminal complaint claims a detective met with a married couple in late September regarding Mills, who they accused of using the husband's cell phone and sending himself nude or partially dude photos of the man's wife without without her consent. This happened during a life group meeting. Husband said Mills had his phone because he needed help downloading an audio book. Analysis of the phone, though, found that the texting and airdrop apps were used while Mills had the phone. Complain says police found two photos of the man's wife on Mill's phone when they executed a search warrant on the device. Mills listed as guest Experienced Pastor on the Journey Church website since been removed terminated September twenty ninth after his arrest. Condition of his bail, he can't contact the staff members at the church or the couple, and cannot possess devices of others. Journey Church pastor Kevin Taylor issued the statement, obviously comes the great shock to our church on school community hold leader's the highest standards moral conduct. You've read that statement before it came from legal anyway, please said it's open an investigation and anyone with information can contact their detective there. Jeez, well, what the hell. Maybe here's a thought one that I've made before. Don't take pictures of your wife naked. It won't be out on the internet and in the cloud and capable of being well ripped off from some pervert. Fifty six fifty five k City Talk Station. More coming up with six o'clock. Iur love hearing from you as well. Opportunity to call in exists, so feel free to do so. I'll be right back. Come alun Fight, Fight, Fight, This is where you get them very latest. Hey, j fifty five KRC the talk station. This fifty five KRC de Talk Station. Bryan Thomas right here, wishing everyone a very very happy Friday. I hope you have some great plans for the weekend, and maybe those plans include Donna Schwab in October Fest. I am blessed to have the Dona Swab on Octoberfest Folks in studio at eight oh five, beginning my weekend at that moment in time, appreciated by Edwin Black. Empower Youth seminar. Frightening subject matter but one that of course is worthy of diving on into takes place October eighth, That's Tuesday, beating at seven pm with a speech by Jack Atherden, who was just on the program a couple of days ago. You can check out that podcast at fifty five KRC dot com. National Fears and National Affairs our next selection will be pivotal talking about nation being fearful about the direction which we're headed. He'll be speaking about inflation, illegal immigration, riots, increasing crime, cancel culture, biased and untruthful media. The list goes on and on and on, topics that we talk about here every morning on the fifty five Caresee Morning show. That'll be ed back. He'll be talking with us at seven thirty. Little insight into the seminar next week. Mandy Gunna Sakara with the book Y'all Fired. Y'all Fired, a Southern bells guy to restoring federalism and draining the swamp. That should be fun. Should be on the program at seven five, preseated by Nobody, No Tech Friday, Dave Hotter. Today, Dave is sick, had a hospital emergency. We don't know what's wrong, and so I'm asking my listeners to keep him in their thoughts and prayers as soon as we get an update on his condition, kind of let you know. But he got in touch with Joe this morning and said no can do five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk pound by fifty on AT and T phone speaking of Jack Atherton. That podcast is at fifty five care sea dot com. Yesterday, on the program Hamilton County Prosecuted, Melissa Powers doing a great breakdown why Connie Pillage is not qualified to get to even get a vote, let alone do the job, just one by one, all the reasons why, I mean, including the fact that she hasn't been inside of a courtroom and like twenty years. I'm the first person to admit that if you have not practiced law in like twenty years, you're not capable of practicing law. That's me. I at least kept my license up this whole time. It is my eighteenth year in radio. I couldn't litigate myself out of a paper bag. The rules of civil procedure, like the rules of criminal procedure change over time, and the case law develops every day of the week, let alone over the years. So is she still on top of criminal law? Does she know what she's talking about? She just re upped her license so she could run for the office Countie Pillage. So I put you to the challenge. Check out Connie Pillage's website, check out Hamilton County Prosecuted Powers campaign site, and you look at who's who the experience, meet the candidate, and then you'll easily conclude what Hamilton County prosecuted Melissam Powers concluded yesterday and confirmed yesterday. Village is not worthy of your vote. Orlando Sanza, he kicked Greg Landsman's button the debate earlier in the week. He was on the program yesterday running for Congress against Greg Landsman, and of course a souper perier candidate and as just an all round intelligent, articulate and smart guy. I mean that's really I mean, what a background he's got too. You can confidently vote on him. I went through the details in the last hour. But yes, the US port Workers strike is over. The employers offered a sixty two percent increase as long as they went back right back to work, and they're going to work on the remaining demands over the next year. So this extends the contract through January fifteenth, twenty twenty five, while they continue negotiating issues, including whether or not they're going to automate the docks. Let's stay back in the eighteenth century, shall we. Let's just not automate anything. Yeah, that doesn't impact our global competition at all, and I'm sure it doesn't impact the price of goods and services coming our goods coming in and out of the ports. No inefficiency must be maintained so they can maintain the fifty thousand dock workers, which I learned from the Wall Street Journal, only twenty five thousand actual jobs in the ports, which means half of the union members are well at home collecting what the journal referred to as container royalties. But that apparently is something that was negotiating in one of their contracts. So they kicked back at home. Twenty five thousand men work, and people work, well, we pay for fifty thousand jobs, So lots of problems with that, and of course the fact that they have a monopoly. That's the biggest problem. Yeah, my friend Jeff give me a great illustration to spring from. He said, you know, they should remember what happened to the bakers union when the hostess got shut down. Well, that's not going to happen here. Hostess had competition, The Baker's union had competition. This is not a monopolistic driven industry baking. So you can't get your hostess because the union made demands that hostess couldn't meet. No more hostess for you. But you still got little debbies and other baked goods to choose from. Right Longshorman Union has one hundred percent monopolistic control over the entire Eastern seaboard, of course the Gulf Coast, and I should mention the West Coast too. When they shut it down, they impact every single man, woman in out in America inflationary realities. Truckers are out of work, retailers are out of work as we entered the Christmas season. So this was impactful to all Americans. Selfish, perhaps you can make the argument that they were in total more money, I guess, but it's the monopolistic reality going onto the docks that creates this opportunity for them to well exact a sixty two percent increase in already pretty nice wages, most of them making about one hundred grand by all reports. And agay, I'm moving over to domestic issues and well, the hurricane, most notably death toll up to two hundred and fifteen. Now more victims are being found, they say they're going to continue to find them. This is the deadliest hurricane to hit the mainlandsense Katrina back in two thousand and five, they say, And this is so weird about this. Roughly half of the victims were in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia, which you know, you're usually talking about Florida because it gets hit so badly being at sea level. So they continue to search for folks, and the federal government is obviously endeavoring to help the sum end. But according to FEMA's a Fema rather and Alexander Maorcis, they don't have any more money. Eh, wonder why yes our Earlier this week, ma Orcus told reporters that FEMA does not have the long term funding to help American citizens impacted by Hurricane Helene. Quote, we are meeting the immediate needs with the money we have. We are expecting another hurricane hitting. FEMA does not have the funds to make it through the season. I wonder why could it be? Could it be illegal immigration? Bell reports FEMA allocated three hundred and sixty four million dollars in fiscal year twenty twenty three. Add to that six hundred and fifty million dollars in fiscal year twenty twenty four for the purposes of shelter and service programs for non citizens released by the Department of Homeland Security, one billion plus dollars over two county years. Now, FEMA doesn't have any more money left for citizens of the United States of America who are struggling mightily against the challenges of having their entire neighborhood wiped out. Donald Trump Junior observed, So FEMA is almost out of money to help federal emergencies. You know, the FI and FEMA because they spent almost a billion dollars helping illegal immigrants over the last couple of years. Got it, But probably tough to explain to those not getting a help they need in Georgia and North Carolina. True coming to the rest of you. Kamala Harris seven hundred and fifty bucks an eight for those Hurricane Heleen victims. And you know, props to Bright Bart for pointing out that, yeah, we other have other financial obligations, or at least we're meeting some other financial requests from old like say the Ukraine, where we recently announced another eight billion dollars. Huh. I think that's a fair thing to bring up. I point this out all the time in the Morning show. There is a finite amount of money and an infinite number of people with their hands seeking to get in the cookie jar otherwise have their hand in the cookie jar. Add Ukraine and the military demands of the Ukrainian population to that list. We prioritize them over our own people. Harris visited Georgia on Wednesday, after spending the weekend campaigning and having a whooped up time out on the West coast. Some view that is insensitive and having bad optics. And it's also two days after Donald Trump was there. She announced aid for the hurricane victims seven hundred and fifty bucks. Quote. The federal relief and assistance that we have been providing has included female providing seven hundred and fifty dollars to folks who need immediate needs or folks who need you know, yeah, this is her words. I'm sorry for the word salad, but I'm quoting her for folks who need immediate needs being met, such as food, baby formula, and like you, they can apply now. And Joe says, don't spend it all one place. That is an excellent observation, Joe, if you don't have a house, or running water, or a neighborhood or stores to buy things from, I will point out, what good is seven hundred and fifty bucks gonna do if you're stuck on a mountaintop with nothing around, maybe they can fight cigarettes. I don't know. This is my point on people who you know hold gold now as an investment, you draw your own conclusions relative to the market whether gold is a good investment for people who have gold bars acting their home. I was thinking, you know, they claim it's there in case of the apocalypse at the end of the Fiat currency. Well, if that were to happen, things are gonna be a lot worse. I'd be interested in where my food's gonna come from, and I'd much rather have something I can barter with, because if I'm starving and you've got a and I have a brick worth of gold, or if you have a brick worth of gold or something, you know the transactions, or I can't eat the gold. How do you slice it up into denominations that are tradable have a sandwich or in the case of folks stranded on a mountain without running water utilities, I think I'd rather have a glass of water. And if I had the glass of water and I had the sandwich, and I'm in a similar circumstance, you can come to me with three bars of gold, and I would say, well, under the current circumstances, that doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever. It doesn't feed me, it doesn't shelter me, it doesn't provide me with clothing, it doesn't provide me with resources I might need to survive this existential threat that I'm living under. Yeah, how about no for the transaction there six sixteen fifty five ker Ce talk station Foreign Exchange. I love recommending folks go to Foreign Exchange. I know they're going to treat you well. They're really wonderful people. At the Westchester location Tylersville exit east off of seventy five two streets, hang a right on Kinglin and you're there at Foreign Exchange. Excellent mechanics. They are as certified master technicians. They have access as to your technical information and they'll fix your car right. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service and more money in your pocket. And with those supply chain problems, you know, having a ripple effect. Fortunately the strike is over. I hope it doesn't. There isn't a problem getting parts for your car. But you're in the best possible hands at Foreign Exchange. It's all about saving you money. That's why they exist, competing with the dealerships who will charge you more. So rely on them with confidence. I do, and have for years and years, and I presume I've saved thousands of dollars. I know, just adding up my oil changes, I'm already over one thousand dollars. And that's just one car with my huge savings on oil changes. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Fine them online, go to foreign X. That's four in the letter X.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRC any.
Speaker 1: Detox station bry the time I'm switching everyone, A very very happy Friday. Looking forward to the weekend. Yeah, be and again a reminder Donnash Rob is going to be in studio eight oh five. Got an october Fest going on this weekend, so you already have something to do to the extent you have nothing on your calendar. Fun time with the Dona Schrobin folks. Beer and food and beer and song and dance and beer and food and yeah, that's what it's all about. Anyhow, I can stick with the hurricane and the relief efforts. So while the federal government claims it's trying to provide relief to folks. Get seven hundred and fifty bucks, go ahead, try to spend it. There's someplace open to buy something. That's it ra out of money, and in the meantime, federal government's interfering with people's efforts to help out. There was one guy who's private guy, and that's the people are rallying to the cause. There are private operations or individuals who are you getting on our all terrain vehicles and going off into the remote areas bringing supplies to people who need food, things of that nature. Individuals Americans coming to the aid of their fellow Americans, or the federal government basically trying to stand in the way of it. A couple of points on that one guy, he has his own helicopter and he's flying people out. He wrested a couple of folks up on a mountain, and when he brought him back and landed him at the airport, he was told he would be arrested if he continued to engage in those activities. Someone simply trying to help out, don't do that, you mes, just people could have died. And then Pete Butter judge is telling people to not to use drones stay away from the hurricane recovery efforts. Quote, drone pilots, do not fly your drones near or around rescue and recovery efforts for Hurricane Helene. Interfering with emergency response and operation impacts search and rescue operations on the ground. Our goal is to make sure that funding is no obstacle to very quickly getting people the relief that they need and deserve. After telling people that he doesn't have any more money left because he spent it all on resettling immigrants, he said there's also some safety issue us it come up, for example, temporary flight restriction to make sure that the airspace is clear for many flights or drone activity that might be involved in helping allow these emergency responders to do their job. Huh, We're not having any aircraft the federal government has flying around there that they would have an air restriction. Oh no, that was for President Biden to fly around in his helicopter, impeding the rescue efforts for people on the ground who row could use some assistance. And many people on social media blew up over this one. Don't you think more drones in the air would be helpful to rescue efforts. We can find out where people are stranded.
Speaker 6: Duh.
Speaker 1: And another one observed government personnel should not interfere with private efforts. If we're getting the job done here on the ground, why would you stand in the way? Wonderful points? Is this generating votes for Kamala Harris, Hey Joe? Isn't Georgia in play? Last time I checked North Carolina? They may not be doing themselves any any good on this one. We will see TikTok TikTok as we run quickly toward the beginning of November and of course selection day. If I went three seven two three talks, here's something you need to check out. Got a stink you want to get rid of it? Odor Exit talk about this all the time. My buddy Jeff, who is probably one of the biggest supporters of the sponsors on the fifty five KC Morning Show, who always lets me know what his outcome is with any given sponsor. And of course, when I mentioned the skunk spray the other day, he said, yep, works on the skunk. Rubbed it right on the dog. That's right, it does. It's non toxic. These are these products are non toxic. They work on Pat's human, skunk, mold, mildew, smoke, a whole lot of different odors. They get rid of it, and they have been A twenty percent off day off sale, twenty percent off fall refreshing sale is now live. Go to odor exit dot com get the eliminator of the magic AQM as well as the Mom's product twenty percent off now at odor exit dot com. So there's another dangling carrot beyond the practical reality that it's guaranteed to get rid of this smell when you use it as directed one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't work, you get your money back it will. I always love the skunk smell illustration because if you've ever smelled a dog that's been hit by a skunk, you're gonna be smelling it for probably weeks, even though you use tomato juice. Odo exsit get rid of it right away, od o rxit dot com. Order it online, by it before three o'clock online you'll have it by tomorrow. By it locally using the online search engine right there at odor exit dot com works on everything except the stench of politics. Fifty five car the talkstation the going about six thirty I FFY five casity talk station. Just Treker referring to this sound by this bumper is tribute music. Normally we hear the voice of day I've had or from interest I. At this point in time, sadly, Dave had a medical emergency rendering him incapable of doing this segment this morning, So prayers a Dave. No update on what's going on, but apparently in the hospital. So God bless Dave had. He's a great guy and I appreciate what he does all the time for folks struggling with these crazy computer issues we've got. But the segment is really important because I don't know about you, but I always learned something beyond that. Feel free to call five one three seven four ninety eight hundred eighty two to three talk. Just a reminder. I will not be here on Monday. I'm getting my cancer biopsy on Monday, So it's Gary Jeff Walker is coming for me. Gary Jeff, you're out there. God bless you for covering for me. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll get the results quickly and then i'll know what my treatment protocol is going to be. So and you know what, I cannot thank folks who've been expressing concern and offering prayers and thoughts and uplifting comments. You have no idea how much that means to me. It's so nice to have folks in the listening audience that actually at least express some level of concern for my health. Do appreciate it? Something you're probably going to not appreciate. I northbound I seventy five is going to be closed most weekends and probably all weekends this month, beginning on Friday. Northbound I seventy five shut down between the ramps to and from eastbound Norwood Lateral starting at ten pm today and it lasts through three am on Monday. Stay contractors beginning a one point nine million dollar project to rehabilitate the pavement on ICE seventy five, installing what they're called load transfer platforms to support the pavement drivers. ODOTT says is are urged to detour to eastbound north Norwood Lateral and then go northbound I seventy one or Take two seventy five or Interstate seventy four. Kathleen full with ODOD says that they have been in communication with the Cincinnati Bengals to plan alternative roots fans leaving the game on Sunday. Heir quote, If you typically use I seventy five, but may do you travel to the west side, northwest side of the city, within the out within the belt, maybe you want to consider I seventy four and two seventy five said, Obviously, I seventy one is going to be another great option. We know there's going to be traffic congestion, traffic delays, but we don't want to discourage people from coming downtown. So this one, you got one coming up October eleventh and fourteenth weekend, and then they're planning on October twenty fifth and twenty eighth. That one is not yet set in stone hold On. Parents of a thirteen year old at Ackerman Middle School say they were disturbed after they learned a former teacher was a clue accused of searching for private information on their child. Former teacher at the school, Kevin Kneehouse, charged with a misdemeanor related to looking up private information on a student, which is a violation of federal law. They say parents who declined to be identified, we're told on Thursday by the school resource officer that Kneehouse was accused of looking up their daughter's information. Boone County Sheriff's Office Sidney House was investigated for inappropriate relationships between him and students. Criminal complaints says he used computer system to find the students locker and combination and would place a gift inside for her before the first day of school without her knowledge or consent. SRO discovered more than twenty searches of ten students who were in his class. Bone's County sheriff District said it wouldn't comment on a matter other than saying knee House was no longer employed. Boone County Sheriff's Office said it has concluded its investigation. The parents said, hey, we don't understand that the attention was being brain we was to bring to her to make him want to look her up, because there's no association. Our minds going into worst case scenario, like what are this guy's intentions? Amen, the thoughts that would run through any parents had, and we got a grand candy where Manistate charges after being accused of crashing his car into a Fort Mitchell couple's house. Police responded at three am yesterday, guy named Elijah Healan rolling has been charged with criminal mischief and operating a vehicle under the influence, later released on his own recognizance. Court documents say he drove into the home after drinking at a bar in Comington, telling police officers that he had two car bombs and three beers. Isn't a car bomb, Bailey's Irish cream sunk in a glass of of of Guinness or something like that. It's a reference to the Irish car bombs, which you never should order if you ever traveled to Ireland anyway, had a lot to drink, and when he was and his eyes were red and glossies moltiv in toxicans and allegedly failed several field sobriety tests. Wow, So the car hit the burm, went up in the air, hit the foundation of the home, knocked out several blocks, broke, broke the foundation of the basement as it said, he didn't know how much it would cost to fix the damage. She said his insurance agent's supposed to give an essament on Friday hazard being the homeowner six thirty five ify five k cit detalk station more to talk about, of course. Phone calls are always welcome and a positive work for my friends at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning more than seventy five years, let's say probably a lot more than now. Third generation of folks at Zim are helping out their customers and they do a great job. Customer service is very important to the folks at Zimmer. It's their reputation on the line. They're Cincinnati's leader in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency HVAC service. So check them out online it goes Zimmer dot com, where it's easy to learn more about the company of course the services they offer, and it's so easy to schedule appointment at goes Zimmer dot com. Now, if your AC unit is out, we got some eighty plus degree temperatures head in our way. We're still using them, so it's a good time to replace it if you need it replaced. And if Zimmer tells you your unit is belly up and not worth replacing, well you're going to get that honest opinion. But it's not a bad time to have to replace it because they're offering a cool Carrier comfort rebate. You can save up to twenty one hundred dollars on a new Carrier air conditioning unit. The folks that invented air conditioning. Rely on Zimmer for all your HVAC needs A plus A the BBB online again, Go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five KRC dot com. Here's your nine first warning weather forecast not bad, clear and Sunday today eighty two for a high overnight clear in fifty five. Sunday tomorrow eighty were over night fifty eight and a sunny Sunday with a high of eighty six fifty three degrees. Right now, let's find out about traffic from.
Speaker 7: Jason from the UC Health Traffic Center. As the only Level one trauma center in the region, UCE Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the erchos UCE Health When you need expert care, starting to fill up right now northbound seventy five making your way north between Dixie and Kyle's four to seventy one northbound c and those break lights around Grand Avenue from the fog right now along the Ohio River to seventy five around Kellogg. The visibility reduced through their seventy one south still moving well through Kenwick. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty I fifty five KCD Falk station and Happy Friday, Donna Schwabena Cobra Fest will be in the studio eight oh five. You can enjoy that festival this weekend. Get the details then, and I meantime over to the phones. Five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Bill, Thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday to.
Speaker 5: You, Thanks Brian.
Speaker 10: The reason I'm calling is I was watching NBC National News the other night and the seven hundred and fifty dollars check Comboy got right on Davy and said they're gonna do a direct deposit into their account whether or not they even have a bank left to go to, and it won't be available for ten days.
Speaker 1: Oh great. So in addition, in addition not having any stores to use the money in, you're gonna have to have access to an ATM that's operated by electricity. With more than almost a million people still without power, I don't have you access that. And then again you have people who may not have bank accounts. All good points.
Speaker 2: And then the.
Speaker 10: Immigrants that I think I saw this on Fox. We're getting visa cards loaded with like two thousand dollars worth of money for any of their you know, anything they need to spend it on h So once again, I hope people are really waking up because I talked to so many people that are actually educated and know nothing about the political way things are going today, and they're going to vote for Kamala just because she's either black, she's a woman, or whatever.
Speaker 1: And no, no, no, because she's not Trump. That's the reason that well, listen, I know a lot of people who just have bought into this. He is an evil, evil, evil man. He's the embodiment of evil. He's a Nazi, He's the embodiment of Adolf Hitler. And they don't look into the reasons why the people make those claims. They don't go ahead and in fact check on their They just taking it at their word, you know. And we'll take somebody who doesn't have a thought in her mind and can't put together a sentence without going into some word solid nonsensical speak to you hear from a college professor. Now we'll take her why she's not Trump? Does she have any ideas? No, the idea is that we know about that she's on record on against the American people, across the board. We want to live comfortably and enjoy a middle class life. You don't want, Kamala Harris. Now they won't look into that.
Speaker 10: I don't want to be redundant, but don't vote down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bill, appreciate that. Bringing up Tom Any of his house speaking of illegal immigrants. Yeah, more than a billion dollars spent on resettling illegal immigrants, and uh my Orcus says, femas no longer has any money. So it sucks to be you if you are in a natural disaster. All right, Adding insult to injury, we have the Department of Homeland Security, Inspector General of the under the Biden administration. Harris administration released a report yesterday and it's a one. In that report, they acknowledged that several agencies, in the words of the report, did not fully assess risks associated with releasing millions of illegal immigrants without IDs into the United States. In a heavily redacted document, it details what, well at least James Morley over at NEWSMAS described as colossal lapses in judgment by the Transportations Security Administration TSA, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement ICE, and Customs and Border Patrol Folks CBP following the release of millions of non citizens here into the United States. The report stated that according to federal law, non citizens without IDs are not admissible into the country and shall be detained. That's the law. That's a quote from the law. But the Customs and Border Patrol officials and ICE officials are allowing the release of non citizens into the United States based on well, depending on the circumstances, including accepting are you righted? Are you ready self reported biographical information? In other words, who are you? Where's your ID? Don't have one? Well, under the federal law, you're not allowed in without an ID. We need to detain you. That's what the law tells us to do. Well, I'm a fred Garvin. Oh okay, here's a form, fill out the information. You just write it down and we'll believe you, and then we'll put you on a domestic flight. Inspector General Joseph KAfari in the report stated quote neither CBP or ICE could determine how many of the millions of non citizens seeking entry into the US each year entered without identification and whose self reported biographic information was accepted CBP and ICE. He went on to say, and I'm quoting his own words. Immigration officers were interviewed acknowledg the risks of allowing non citizens without IDs into the country, yet neither CBP or ICE conducted a comprehensive risk assessment for these non citizens to assess their level of risk these individuals present and developed corresponding mitigation measures. Hm now Kufari, the Inspector General, asked DHS to provide the number of non citizens who did not have ID and yet were released into the US between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty three, but neither CBP or ICE were able to provide that information because they didn't log it into their system. They have no information on whether or not the migrants had identification or provided it with just sort of self reported. Exacerbating the problem, the TSA, you know the folks that you deal with and when you're going through airport's security, the body cavity folks, the full body scanner folks. Those folks the ones that will ask you for your photo ID before you can get your air ticket and board the airplane. Those folks. TSA relied on the data and background checks of non citizens they got from the Customs and Border Patrol folks and ICE to determine if a migrant passenger was a security risk. Oh great, going backwards. TSA is relying on information that came out of the mouth of the illegal immigrant without any background check, any any looking into or assessment of their risk or danger. In other words, literally nothing other than the word of the person to determine if they were a security risk for an airline flight. The report concluded, as CBB and ICE continued to allow non citizens whose identicity identities immigration officers cannot confirm to enter the country, they may inadvertently increase national security risk. Well, no, kidding a little have been an excellent place to use an sec non compliant word on the end of that, Oh, I just had to rely on kidding. And you know you can add that to the report we got from the the the the authorities, the head of the FBI believe it was talking about how we are in the middle of this eminent never seen before. In our live threat concerning Internal Domestic Terrorism and Other Acts six forty seven fifty five, Kerr see the talk station got more to talk about coming up and stick around Edwin or Mandy Gunna Sarkara with the book y'all fired that'll be up batter the top of the air news and get to Fast and get a call Fasten Pro. Get your roof inspected, sighting and gutters. Get those inspected now before wintertime. It's good advice from the experts at Fast and Pro Roofing. I'd love Fast and Pro. They offer gutter cleanings that are gonna cause well gutter. If your gutters are clausey, you're gonna get leaks badly. And then come the inevitable ice dams you get in the winter. You don't want that to happen, So have them come over and clean your gutters out and they'll inspect your roof at the same time. And they do more than roofs. They do the gutters. They'll put new gutters on. They do box gutters, hand rivet and soldered skylights, siding, solar metal, roofing and repairs. They are a truly reputable company, A plus with a better business period. It starts with honesty and what I guarantee you're gonna get an honest assessment of your roof quality work that'll make you really love your home. And trust me, I every time I pull on my driveway. I look at that beautiful roof and all the wonderful work that Fasten Pro did. I am very, very proud of my home and one of the reasons I hired competent professionals to do the work. And that's what you get with fast and Pro. Find them online Fasten fast n fastenproroofing dot com. Again, the inspection is free five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC the talk station. Hello, I'm Victor Gray, ruling Road. Wait, it's a state's issue. Federal government has no role whatsoever and cannot speak nationally on issues abortion. Donald Trump said he was going to veto a national abortion man can extend somebody was foolish enough to try to do it. Oh, I'm sorry. It's time for the weather. Sunny in eighty two today when I clear fifty five sonny and eighty tomorrow with an overnight clear skies fifty eight Sundays sunny and eighty six fifty three degrees. Right now that you've out KERCD talk station, time for traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. As the only level one trauma in the region. U See Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the Erchu's u SEE Health When you need expert care. Report of a reck in Hamilton right now, al on Pershing Avenue at b Street, right there at the bridge, four seventy one kim in northbound slowing down a Grand Avenue, dealing with some fog through there as well. North seventy five starting to pick up some volume from Dixie to Kyle's and looks like two to seventy five westbound filling up around level Madeira Jason Earhardt on fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 1: Station six fifty three, if any about their CD talk station, it's just so frustrating. Thing's banging your head against the wall. Godlye, how many times you got to say it? Can we just put that issue to bed. There is no possible way the federal government can do a nationwide ban on abortions. It's not within the constitutional powers of the federal goverment to do it. That's what the Supreme Court said. It's a state's issue. Guess what you got. Abortion in Ohio it's been enshrine based on a ballot referendum. It's constitutional right in a state of Ohio, federal gument couldn't do it. If they tried, it would be thrown out. Didn't you read the decision. We couldn't even pass a straight face test to try to pass one, like an exercise in futility. Why are you doing this? Notably, Donald Trump came out the other day after the JD Or during the JD Vans debate with Walls, unequivocally stated there is no federal abortion ban. I'm not going to sign one to the law if they put one in front of me. And of course, you know how the process and government got to have the House and the Senate pass a comparable bill. How is that possibly going to happen? Well, unless the Democrats get rid of the filibuster over in the Senate, which case, you know, if they get fifty maybe fifty one and take the White House. Oh, but that's right. They wouldn't try a national abortion ban if they got the White House, and of course there'd be enough Democrats. Is stopping in its traction if they tried, And folks, I'm sure like Congressman Thomas Massey would remind people of the Constitution and the reality that abortion is not the subject matter of a federal government edict mandate law. How frustrating it is. It's frustrating for me, But how difficult a concept is that to understand Barney Moreno is against abortion personally, he's against abortion. You may very well be too. You may think it's a okay to kill a baby at eighth month, ninth month of pregnancy. You're entitled to that belief. That doesn't mean you can enshrine into federal law your position on the subject matter, because it's been definitively stated. It is not one of the powers the federal government enjoys retains. I should more poor or more appropriately say six fifty five fifty five cares to detalk station spread the word folks. Anyhow, coming up, we're gonna hear from Mandy Gnasa Karah with the book Y'all Fired, a Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism and Draining the Swamp, followed by Edwin Black with an empower Youth Seminar, National Fears and National Affairs at SEVENAR Next Tuesday, seven pm with a half hour presentation by my buddy Jack atherden So. The details at empower you America dot Org. We'll talk with Edwin at seven thirty. I hope you can stick around. Donald Trump is it's what motivates your vote, the biggest unifier for the Democrats. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Mis Rep.
Speaker 1: It's seven oh six. Brian Thomas, you're wishing everyone to happy Friday and welcoming to the fifty five THEIRS Morning Show. Author Mandy Gunnis Sakara. She's got a great background to write this book. We're gonna be talking about y'all Fire, a Southern Middle's guide to Restoring Federalism Draining the Swamp. She has been a center of US and energy and environmental policy for the last decade to a decade. A veteran environmental attorney, energy strategist, and communicator, served under President Donald Trump as the chief of Staff at the US Environmental Protection Agency. Currently a visiting fellow at the Heritage Foundation. Yay, and she is a resident of Oxford, Mississippi, where she lives with her husband and children. Welcome to the Morning Show, Mandy Gunnis Sicara. It's a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 11: Well, good morning, and it's a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 1: And getting to the point on the subtitle draining the swamp. Here's a problem I had. We'll get into more details on the book, and thank you so much for writing it. I was looking, you know, And I'm a criticisan. I'm a critic of I don't believe that I'm exhaling us into oblivion. I do not believe there was a problem with carbon dioxide. Honestly, I know it's tree food. I haven't bought into the religion, all right, So call me old fashioned, but I always counter this argument that we're killing the planet, which seems to serve as the basis for almost every removal of freedom that exists in our lives in this world, that the planet's temperature has ebbed and flowed. The estate of Ohio was at one time covered completely with a glacier. Thankfully it isn't anymore. The Earth got warmer, and now we grow corn here. So how is it that the earth temperature has ebbed and flowed? And only right now it's our fault? So with that in mind, we have a collection, in my estimation, of useful idiots who have just taken that and just believed it as gospel. And then therefore allow things like ice internal combustion engine mandates and like's going on in California where they force people to buy, for example, big rigs electric big rigs that go one hundred and fifteen miles versus the thousand to fifteen hundred miles of diesel trucks go, which also happened to cost twice the price of a diesel truck. But they're not allowed to sell you a diesel unless they sell an EV. That is all made up. It's insanity and it's ruining our economy. One illustration. So to drain the swamp, don't we have to drain the useful idiots who are bought into this. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, And there's only so much you can do to not only get rid of them in terms of being responsible for consequential decision making, but you know they'll still be out there talking. President Trump appropriately referred to this group of folks as the profits of Doom. They've been around since the beginning of time. There's some famous ones in the Bible, and all you have to know is that they're always pushing the same socialist styled solutions to whatever the doomsday prophecy is. And that's the case with climate change. You know, there was I worked for a senator from Oklahoma for quite some time, and he used to reference a quote that they want to control carbon because if you control carbon, you can control life, And that truly is what they are after.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then that that's the the controlling carbon in the name of well saving us all on the planet. That's the why. That was created to serve the interest of the real motivation, the real religion, which is socialism, communism, Marxism, or just literal top down control from some collective of powerful elite over our lives.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's exactly right, because you know, they know better than us, that's what they think. And if they're going to destroy the economy, they have to be doing it for a good reason, so they still feel like good people. And that's that's hence all the problytizing about about you know, how to be how to be a better citizen, and we're all in this together in.
Speaker 3: Some of this language.
Speaker 11: But the truth is, none of that's necessary to have a healthy, thriving environment and general public. We know this because we took a totally different approach during the Trump administration. We cut regulations, we gave people freedom back we gave people financial investments back, and what happened. The economy boomed, and the way that you measure pollutants, whether it's clean air, clean water, or cleaning up legacy pollution in the soil, we continued to break records on all fronts. So we know how to balance the two. We know how to do it successful. And you know what, it doesn't require you giving up your individual liberties and rights to some morally inept elite in Washington, DC that wants to tell you what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, we could take all the efforts we want to get rid of carbon or fill in the blank on whatever other pollutant they claim that we're producing, and we could do it all day long and succeed in meeting zero mission standard, which means we will probably not have electricity. Meanwhile, China continues to belch out more than we have taken out of the planet and increases the mount every single day. I'm sorry, but the globe is one single set of air and we're all breathing, and so our efforts are negated by our enemy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly right. Well, and that therein lies the key problem with the so called Paris climate Accord, and one of the first things I worked on with President Trump and getting out was that disastrous deal. And it's because it's all the bonus burden financial pain falls in the United States. Meanwhile, it gives not only countries like China a free pass, but also India and Russia and their environmental standards. Maybe they look good on a piece of paper, but they have no intentions or seriousness about implementing them in ways that tangibly matter. If you truly care about global health.
Speaker 1: Or a better environment, well, and it's in their best interest to do whatever the hell they want while we weaken ourselves by cutting our own throats in the name of well saving the world.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's exactly right. You know, as we suppress development, jobs, and investment here in the United States, that demand does not go away. It just reservices somewhere else. And it's going to most likely resurface in a place like China where it's cheap. But it's cheap because they cut corners. And if you care about pollution, let's talk about traditional particulate matter pollution, soot, fine soot. China, you rightfully reference they're building a new coal plant just about every week they just propose a coal plant development plan outlook where they're going to have the largest coal fleet in the world. But the problem is the coal plants that they're building, they don't use pollution control devices that are coal plants in the United States have been using for years well.
Speaker 1: And the mandates on the scrubbing technology and the carbon removal technology are extraordinarily expensive. So the extent you could meet the EPA's onerous demands and removing carbon from the coal plant, you probably go out of business trying to accomplish that goal. So it's not even an option. Ergo, the coal plant doesn't get built.
Speaker 11: That's right. They like to take a million dollar problem and turn it into a billion dollar liability, and that is how EPA uses itself, and it's become a tool of the left where they use the role of EPA to squeeze out the industries and people that have fallen out of political favor and cold fired power plants gas fired power plants are traditional energy resources. They've been front and center in that receipt of the weaponization of agencies like EPA and the Department of Interior, not because it makes sense from a policy perspective, but it makes sense from a political perspective by virtue.
Speaker 3: Of the left.
Speaker 1: My guest today, author of Y'all Fired, Southern Bell's Guide to Restoring Federalism Draining the Swamp, manny Gna Sakara. Okay, let's cut to the chase you talk about in chapter four of your book about firing career employees. Very challenging problem. There are rules and REGs in place regarding hiring and firing a federal employer. So let's talk about that. Assuming you know, we all get our dream and not only do we cut out useless redundancies in government and just forever get rid of departments in restocking and re employing fired employees who are so politically biased that they can't do their job effectively for the American people. How do we replace them? Are there people out there that reject this nonsense, would actually do their job without being politically biased and harming the American people?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well, I think a lot of the jobs that we propose to cut, we just don't replace. Because the truth is, the federal government, especially at the agency level, it should shrink by at least thirty percent, if not forty to fifty and that's going to be really important. A day one exercise for the next conservative administration will really need to be filtering all the jobs and offices at various agencies and determining which ones tangibly could tangibly promote and implement the agencies state admission and wish ones do not, and the ones that do not are superfluous they need to go. But then yeah, getting rid of political hacks that sent under this umbrella of public servant but actually undermine the direction the political direction of anyone that they disagree. Experience this firsthand with President Trump. Not only do they disagree, they will go out of their way to demean, discredit, and demoralize the political appointees trying to implement that vision. So to the extent there needs to be some replacement. Another concept that I think is really important is moving portions of the federal agency out of DC so that you can pull from a broader grouping of potential employees people that would like to work for the EPA or Interior. They've actually been in the field, have really great expertise that they could bring in, but they don't want to live in DC. And I understand, I don't live there anymore. Wouldn't I wouldn't wish that on anyways. But if you move these outside of DC, then you can pull from a broader collection of experience and knowledge and where folks are from, which I think would really help improve the outcomes of variance agencies.
Speaker 1: You imagine using the Internet, email, text communications, zoom conference calls, where you can participate from anywhere in the globe and still get your job done effectively. I love the idea of diversifying people out of the greater DC area, which is obviously infested with this disease. I like to call liberalism anyway, I doubt in the final analysis. I mean, this is an uphill challenge because it's not just the woke left Democrats. I mean we've got some problems within the Republican Party as well. You have to really truly stick your neck out to make these bold assertions in the face of this brainwashing that's gone on. Mandy, how do we address that?
Speaker 11: Well, we're not alone. We're not alone as a conservative movement. We have the courageous, fearless leader we need at this moment, which is President Donald Trump, but we also have assistance from other industries. I'm talking about Elon Musk and a lot of the tech folks that two have stepped up and said, hey, there's something wrong with a federal government that wants to sensor speech and wants to take over the public square platforms because it's harder for them to otherwise maintain political control. There's a convergence of folks, even from RFK Junior and from the Vek Ramaswami all over, that are coming out of the woodwork. So I'd say that momentum is coming together. It's swelling at a really good time. But I like your question because it denotes a tone of realism, and that's what we have to have. This isn't going to be solved in one administration. This is a long term commitment. But I would allude to something that's happened before we could do it again, look at the Supreme Court. So that was a bastion of liberalism and judicial activism, and a long term, methodical, well resourced, well planned strategy is how we ultimately got the opportunity to store it back to its small sy conservative routs. And we did that as as a as a coalition. So we've just got to stay the course, stay committed. But we really need some key shifting, uh path shifting decisions made in this next administration, and a lot of that's going to come down to whether or not President Trump wins the election. I think he will, and then the plan that he starts implementing from day one. But there's a lot of folks who have thought critically about this are ready to go and committed to this long term process.
Speaker 1: Well, I know you're familiar with the West Virginia versus EBA decision, which I thought was brilliant and wonderful. Going to pair back the out of control authors of all these rules and regulations behind the scene, you have to have a specific authority from Congress. So that and other decisions along those lines are probably are the reason that they want to pack the Supreme Court the left. I got a interesting thought process, a thought question before we part coming today, Mandy. If they if they, let's say this hypothetically, if they passed a court packing law in this particular administration and then Trump won and the Republicans took over the House and sent it, how comical would it be that the Republicans would then appoint the additional justices to the Supreme Court?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 11: It wouldn't be the first time they're playing backfire. And remember when Harry Reid pulled the two thirds department for Supreme Court Justices.
Speaker 1: You know, shot really the first time this shotenfreud of moment that was, Uh, Mandy, you got us the car. It has been a real pleasure. Thanks you for writing the book, y'all, a Southern Bell's guide Restoring Federalism and draining the Trump We just scratched the surface of what's in this book. Folks get a copy of fifty five care Sea dot com along with the podcast of this conversation. Mandy, keep up the great work and hope to see you as part of the Trump administration. God willing, Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: It really was a pleasure to be with you this morning.
Speaker 1: My pleasure absolutely coming up at seven twenty fifty five care see the talk station opportunity for you mean to mention plumb type plumbing, great plumbers. You're going to get the best when working with plumb tight and they take great care of your home. No, let's start with no service charge. And when you call plumb type plumbing, you're not going to say, well, we're going to charge you one hundred and fifty to come out and assess your problem. Uhhh no, not plumb Tight A plus with a better business fere of plumb type plumbing, probably serving the greater Cincinnati, including my friends in northern Kentucky and the Dayton area. An actual license plumber comes to your home. They will call you ahead of time to let you know when they are going to be there. Specifically, every time I call them, I get the call about twenty minutes ahead of time. GPS says, I'm twenty minutes out. I'll see in a few Great.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: So the window narrows down to something very small that you can count on. Simple. But you know it's very nice because not already does that. And obviously with all the rain we had, maybe you got a drain problem or some pump went out. Call Plumb Tight for any residential plumbing problem. They are going to fix it. Their customer service is truly exceptional, and of course the pricing is always fair and ethical. They will never try to say is something you do not need? So give them a shout at five one, three, seven, two, seven, eighty four eighty three. You got an emergency, no problem, like to point out last time I had a plumbing problem. I just used the online appointment scheduling on a Sunday and they got back with me in five minutes. Not saying that's going to be the case in every case, but that's that's it. That's plump tight plumbing. So plumbing done right. They live by that motto five one three seven two seven tight Online it's plumtight dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Time for the nine first morning weather forecast. Got to be clear, sunny sky is today a high eighty two, over night clear in fifty five. Tomorrow another sunny day with a high of eighty another clear night fifty eight, and Sunday's going to be another sunny day with a high of eighty six fifty three degrees. Right now, let's see what Jason has to say about traffic from the uce Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: As the only Level one trauma center in the region, u See Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the er Choose u See Health when you need expert care kind of accident's outbound seventy five approaching the lateral right side, heads you backed up to our gabreth. You're going to find delays on forty eight up in Warren County. Right, come in southbound near the seventy one on ramp at blocks the right lane four to seventy one. Come in northbound, a little bit slow in northern Kentucky as you make your way from Grand Avenue on up to the Big Mac. Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: It is seven thirty con about seven thirty one year, fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. Hope you having a happy Friday. I am pleased to welcome in the fifty five car see morning show one impressive background. He's going to empower youth seminar. It's taking place next Tuesday on the eighth, beginning at seven pm. Jack Avevan is going to do the first half hour of the segment follow by and it's called National Fears and National Affairs. My guest Edwin Black Award winning New York Times best selling international investigative author over of two hundred award winning editions in twenty languages in one hundred and ninety countries, as well as scores of newspapers and magazine articles in leading publications all across the US. More than two point two million books in print. He focuses on human rights, genocide, hate, corporate criminality and corruption, government misconduct, academic fraud, philanthropy, abuse, oil addiction, alternative energy, and historical investigation. Submitted for thirteen times for Politzer Prize nominations. He's won multiple awards, hosted The Edwin Black Show, and has eleven award winning best selling books. Wow, welcome to the program, Edwin Black. A real pleasure to have you on today. Good morning, how are you. It's a pleasure to be beck. Thank you, sir. I'm always good on a Friday. You can count on one thing, and what is it?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: All right? So here's the subject matter for the seminar. High inflation, unprecedented illegal immigration, crime running out of control, cancel culture, DEI, wokeness, assassination, attempt of Trump, biased, untruthful media. Wow, I guess we have a real problem with our republic being under attack. What I mean, is there anything we can do about it? Was kind of talking about this with the author and my last segment, But what's your take on this? It Soundsta and Graham and I agree.
Speaker 2: Well, what I agreed to discuss is something that I cover.
Speaker 1: A which is both.
Speaker 2: National affairs and national fears, which at this point should become international fears, because actually not only our country, but the world itself is really facing an important hinge moment. I can start with the international scene, since that would impact every zip code in the United States. We're looking at a high potential of a nuclear detonation sometime in the next five months, perhaps in the next five weeks. And it could come from either Russia, which has threatened it repeatedly, which was never.
Speaker 1: Done in prior years.
Speaker 2: It could come from Iran, which which is said just in the last forty eight hours that of Israel response to its unprecedented one hundred and eighty one ballistic missile attack, that it would respond unconventionally, and of course it has the bomb right right now, the nuclear bomb. And it could come from China, which is getting ready to blockade the tiny islands offshore of the China mainland, the islands of Taiwan. Taiwan is not only a big island by itself, has had some baby ones right across from the China coast, and it would also blockade parts of the Philippines. The United States would have to come to the rescue since about ninety percent of the high quality chips that run our society are in Taiwan, and we're in capable of of doing that.
Speaker 6: And then North Korea has just.
Speaker 2: Constantly been threatening in the last couple of days to unleash its new hypersonic intercontinental ballistic missile with nuclear weapons. Now, remember, nuclear weapons under one megaton, so called tactical nuclear weapons, are not regulated, and there are thousands of low yield nuclear weapons that have twenty kilotons, fifty kilotons, eighty kilo tons there and they're not and they're not regulated. But even a small nuclear weapon of say eighty kilotons, such as when we dropped down Japan, would destroy eight miles of everything within its radius. So that's on the inter national scene. Nationally, everything seems to be breaking down, the fabric of our society, the believability of the media, the fact that all our institutions have now been shredded, that presidential and vice presidential debates are no longer fair, the fact that coverage is not fair, the fact that people are being censored, the fact that people are being mobilized, the fact that some in our society are looking to limit government and others in our society are trying to limit you and I and expand the government, including what we can say, what we can think, what we can do. I have never seen, and you, Brian, have never seen our country in our world in our lifetime at this level of trepidation, chaos, and potential for disintegration.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't argue with what you're telling me. I'm very obviously, very very concerned about the use of a nuclear weapon. Would that be done for psychological reasons or actually for the purposes of strategic gaining of ground? I mean, I guess there's multiple layers the use of a nuclear weapon could be used for. And I think more of the psychological reality more than the effect.
Speaker 2: Using a boots Russia, it would be a demonstration shot because the United States is currently participating in World War three. Now, world War three is not nuclear yet, but World War three is underway.
Speaker 1: It's still convent.
Speaker 2: But when we are the direct provider of the attack mechanisms to go into Russia, UH to the Ukraine, then UH, Russia says you are part of what's going on. It's no different than Israel.
Speaker 9: Iran is arming Lebanon.
Speaker 2: We we're armed, We're arming the Ukraine, and we're openly asking Ukraine to be our proxy.
Speaker 1: If it's the case of.
Speaker 2: China launching a nuclear weapon, excuse me, it would be probably uh some form of decapitation, some form of disruption, and it would have to be on the mainland of the United States, which it can do, or they could take up Guam. If it's the case of North Korea, North Korea would just shoot first and aim second. And if it's Iran, Iran would It has approximately nine nuclear weapons quasi assembled but not loaded into Shahab three missile cone. And it has promised, it has sworn, and it has now shown that it's capable of delivering those nuclear weapons or putting them in the hands of third parties like the Hutis. And I mean, if you look at the Juti flag, the Hutis are two thousand miles away.
Speaker 1: It's not even a government.
Speaker 2: This is the Huti rebels. Their flag, if you could read the Arabic says death to Israel and death to the Jews. Now there's a group of rebels that does not even share a geographical proximity to Israel. It's two thousand kilometers, it's about fifteen hundred kilometers away, depending upon how it is, and they are quite willing in their desert society to lob one over, and so it could be there. Remember, a nuclear weapon doesn't have to be delivered ballistically.
Speaker 1: It can be delivered in a.
Speaker 2: Seaborne container.
Speaker 1: Iran has many.
Speaker 2: Converted oil oil containers, which oil tankers, which have now been turned into launch platforms, and they're cruising around. So just as we have missiles, we have tomahawks, and uh we have new we have nuclear tipped standard missiles. They have their missiles floating around. Israel could preempt or retaliate with its non existent nuclear weapons in those non existent caves sitting atop the non existent Jericho three missiles south of non existent Tel Aviv. So we are at perilous times. And we aren't even able to cope with these perilous times, indeed, because ninety nine nine percentage of people who need to know are not listening to you.
Speaker 1: And I know they're binge watching the Netflix. They're they're they're they're playing on their smartphones. They don't have time for politics, right, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: They're just uh, they're just they're just uh getting what's being fed to them. By the nightly news. The nightly news is either distortional or it's a series of half truths, and people are not getting the real picture, and more time is being spent on nonsense instead of the real deal. So basically it comes down to this, so your listeners can know how much food to shop for. The most perilous.
Speaker 5: Time that we have.
Speaker 2: Is between now and January twenty. Actually, the most perilous time we have now is between now in November fifth. If the election goes the wrong way, then the most perilous time we have could be at about January twenty, between now and January, when we will be our weakest if people vote wrong and vote for weakness and vote for instability and vote for uber control as many many might. Because we now have an election which is basically stability versus joy and happiness and smiles and no answers. We are looking at a dire situation. So many people are telling me in Canada, throughout the United States, in the Jewish community, this is now Russia, Shuan, and we're getting ready for the October seventh anniversary. I'll be in Congress leading a major global commemoration on October seventh, the day before my empower you. So many people are are saying where do I go? How do I bring my assets? And governments are already calculating exit Texas like Nazi Germany did. Canada is considering a twenty five percent. Canada all already has some So Edwin's we'd bachape. How's your morning?
Speaker 1: Well? It was well? Actually no, I was on the same path as you and I do every morning or in the morning show. We are talking the same language language I talk about every day. You're gonna be talking about this tomorrow, our next week. October eighth, Tuesday, logain at seven o'clock. It's an online only empower Youoamerica dot org. We just scratched the service today, folks. There will be Q and a opportunity with my guests this morning. Edwin Black again Tuesday, empower you America. Keep up the great work, keeps spreading the word. Edwin's finally someone might pay attention. Seven. If you have Kirsty Talks station, get in touch with Susan at Lowe's camp. Any state you are in, even if you're in Puerto Rico, you can call Susse at Low's camp because she will take care of you. Wonderfully in connection with your mortgage related needs. You want to buy a house, call Susette. You want to get some equity out of your house, call Susette. If it involves mortgage, You're working with a person that has the best possible customer service experience as well as the best mortgage experience with more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. Sus That loads of camps with cross country mortgage. So call her because you will get great customer service. You get through the process very quickly, just like she did with my daughter, and with no junk fees or application fees. You got the best possible package right there with Suzette Low's Camp caller right now. Even She'll get right back with you. I promise you she's good with that. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six email or sust dot Low's Camp lo s e Kamp sus at dot Low's Camp at CCM.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five krc men if you're.
Speaker 1: Sitting them, massive thanks Joe. Just like witches at.
Speaker 13: Black Masses, even minds at Blood Destruction.
Speaker 1: Saucer of Depth Construction in the fields of bodies burning a little bumper by request some war pigs machine man. I haven't heard anybody say we're gonna get a nuclear bomb drop almost definitively. Yet there's your first illustration. You may think he's over the top, but it's a legitimate concern and legitimate problems we live in these crazy times in which we find ourselves. Information on that seminar fifty five cars dot com. Also get help to see you tomorrow gonna be at the Steady Strides five k helping benefit the Parkinson's local Parkinson's folks here that this is their one fundraiser year and the money that they generate from the five k helps fund the exercise programs and all the other programs that the Parkinson's Association offers here in Cincinnati. So you can get the information on my blog page twenty five cars dot com. The race are actually not a race. The five k event you can walk it, you can do a one k. There's a children's event located at Corwin Nixon Park. It's just sixty two to forty nine Mason Montgomery Road tomorrow. So the walk, run, slash whatever five k begins at ten and the gates open at eight, lots of plenty of food, that's a complimentary ghettas, sandwiches, bananas and bagels and all kinds of things. And they'll be a live band there performing, and I've seen that band before. There's some great so really great guys. So enjoy the fun and activity and help the Parkinson's group. That'd be tomorrow again at Corwyn Nixon Park. Get there after eight, but certainly before ten if you want to participate. Else got raffle prizes and the like. What else is going on coming up after the top of the air news. I'm excited they are in house. They are waiting in the wings the Donna Schwab and Octoberfest folks. Something else for you to well, take a tic to do this weekend.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: The other thing I think about when it comes to the use of nuclear weapons. You know, it doesn't have to be a bomb dropped on land out a whole city. You know, if you've read anything about electromagnetic pulses, you can blow a bomb like that up in the air and the atmosphere above any area over land and it fries out basically the electric grid. Unless you've got a Faraday cage wrapped around your basically your entire house, or the electric grid. It's going to fry out. It's been demonstrated to be true. It's happened time and time again. So more than just human loss of life, which of course, an EMP knocking out electric grid would result in human loss of life, and maybe even more than an actual bomb being dropped on the ground. Something to think about anyway, these problems genuinely exist. I don't mean to stir the pot on a Friday because I was enjoying my Fridays and like to lighten things up. But after the talking to him, Wow, lot of factor into the equation. We didn't even get to dive into the domestic division that's going on. That have been speaking about myself for so many years here in the Morning Show. Intentional division for no other purpose than to simply divide us, to separate us from our neighbors, from politics based on sexuality, whatever happens to be. It doesn't matter for the Left as long as you and I are not agreeing on anything, it makes it a lot easier for them to get their way. Well, let's move away from gloom and doom and get into party atmosphere. Time is Donna Schwabin October Fest weekend. They'll be in studio coming up after the news. It's what motivates your vote the Democrats back in fifty five krs the talk station. This report use on the way to work at all day in fault check in throughout the day. Fifty five KRC the talk station. AH music in my ears A six dy five gresy the talks station. Regular listeners know that must be Germans in the house. That's what it is. Brian Thomas always pleased to welcome the folks from the Donnash Robins, particularly when we've got the Donna Schwabin October Fest taking place this weekend October fourth through the sixth. Welcome in the studio Wally, Amy and Chip from the Donnas Robin Society. It's a pleasure of seeing you all again. Happy to be here. Thank you very You're kidding me on the heels of the conversation I just had. This is like the best thing that could possibly smiles laughter, These blanking, amazing sausages. I love these so much. These are handmade. Do you guys make these yourself? This is your own private recipe recipe. Yes, all right, get closer to the micro so people can hear you a little bit of that's it. Yes, So this this sausage I have right here is one reason, and it's a reason enough to go to the Donnas Robin Octoberfest. But there's so much going on. Let's start real quick. This is a thirty second anniversary of the Donna Swabin october Fest. Now we've talked many times how many German clubs are there in the greater Cincinnati area. It's like thirty or.
Speaker 13: Yeah year for sure, Brian, and thanks again for having a hotday pleasure you. You know, I have interviewed doctor on Heidrich Tolsman many times. Of course, he's the president of the burger Liga, the German American Citizens League with now over thirty I believe different societies. You know, we as far as Octoberfest, we finish it all off every year first weekend of October traditional ending of the Octoberfest in Munich, and we're happy to do it. And we invite all of our course of neighbor community German American clubs to be part of that celebration. And you course have served as our Grand Marshal in the past, and you've seen the Trocton Parade.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 13: It is awesome and it's something to see. It's over one hundred and fifty individuals that march the grounds as we begin the opening ceremony to the cake tapping, and it's a big event. And that's Saturday, that starts about four o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Well, that parade is an illustration that you guys don't engage in turf battles. You guys help each other. You celebrate and participate at each other's festivals extra whether it's a Donnas Robin festival, the uh what the Chris Kendall you got spring, the spring events. You always see all of them there.
Speaker 13: Indeed, and and we all played well in the sandbox and you know, yeah some beer schnops and some wine to that and and great food and that makes it even better. So no, we we love them all and we come together at their events and they come to ours, and so we support each other just like you said, I.
Speaker 1: Know you do. And we were talking about it before the show of the program again it was talking about yeah, indirectly illegal immigration. The guest I had on prior and I was in this gloomy doomy thing. And I guess what was it. While you made the point about your your your your grandparents, Yeah, your grandparents came here, didn't have an abilical cord to hook themselves up to in terms of federal government. But this is one of the reasons groups like Donnish Robins started. It was the German community coming here and joining together to help each other navigate the difficulties of being poor and perhaps not even speaking English language when you got here in here in the Greater Sincnati area.
Speaker 14: At home, I did a little bit. We call it the Shbova language. I could finally figure it out when my parents were talking about me at dinner.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Mom, but it didn't.
Speaker 8: Almost learn English from watching her TV shows. That's how they and they but they wanted to learn English, they wanted to talk, and they wanted to be Americans. So they they were going to their classes at night and you know, becoming citizens and they were very proud of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, the entire over the Ruyn community was one big giant group of Germans. What amazing history. Hair Toltzeman comes on all the time. You mentioned him in your conversation. It's It's just an amazing reality we have and we still have the benefits of that German heritage here in the greater Sincinnati area to this day. And of course, and we know it.
Speaker 14: Excuse me, we owe it to our parents and our grandparents of course, to keep it going, to keep it going.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's why this weekend's going on. You keep it going. You get young people involved. Are the young dancers going to be there? I know you, Joe Strecker's kids used to do the dancers.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, all the groups, all the groups will be performing over the weekend. Shoeplot lose tonight, but tomorrow and Sunday. The young kids, little guys from four years old on up.
Speaker 1: The adorable little just adorable sembout that brings a tear to your eyes. That's so cute, it's so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yees.
Speaker 1: So, of course you're going to have music, right, you got it? I do that, Yes, of course that's an important part.
Speaker 13: You're going to have a great band again coming from coming direct from Germany, Bavaria. Uh the showing at sitan Icho. And then we'll have your oupin echoes from Cincinnati, Ohio. We have your Ryan's Musa Kanton. We have our friends from Louisville, Ryan goldduo. We have John Banner, King of Prussia, on accordion and much much more.
Speaker 1: They said, Prussia, that's just that's what he says.
Speaker 5: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: So let us start with when does it start? I know that the parade. I guess it's the official kickoff. But what are the hours were? You know, the days of operation?
Speaker 13: Well, actually today we kick it off six pm as gates open I think five pm. Gates open. Six pm is when the entertainment starts. And then that goes on tonight, October fourth until eleven pm. Tomorrow we kick it off October fifth at one o'clock in the afternoon. We go till eleven at night. And then Sunday our third and final day, October sixth, from ten am until eight pm. And Sunday is our by the way, our fifteenth make that fourteenth annual Do wanna schwab in Octoberfest Car Show?
Speaker 3: Oh me?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So that's ten am to three pm. Registration time, classic American European automobiles. Some great vehicles out there. Every year. It's getting better and better. That starts at ten am through twelve noon. Registration fee is needed and car show awards will be announced at three o'clock.
Speaker 1: So there you go, all right, classic American and European cars. So is there like a year cut off. I'm a big car guy. I love cars, lee, so I don't think there is.
Speaker 13: Over the years, we've had everything from a muscle cars, the classic rods, to motorcycles to you know, all kinds of Mercedes, Volkswagen, BMW, you name it.
Speaker 1: So it's just a great collection.
Speaker 13: And these people come out, they bring their their rides and they show them off, and they stick around and they have a great time at Octoberfest, and it's getting better and better every year.
Speaker 1: That's one more reason to go. I'm a huge German car fan. I even have a German motorcycle on my motorcycles of BMW, so you yeah, oh you know, I listen, I know, good engineering. I just hope listen. I hope it continues with the current situation, the Germans running down this green energy and the manufacturing drying up, and the being overwhelming with illegal immigrants, the same problems we're having here. I mean, I worry about the German economy because that is the I mean, that's the cornerstone of the entire European Union. It's number one economy in Europe. Yeah, but one thing you could always count on. Germans made great stuff. They over engineered, they overthought, they overbuilt. You buy, you know, a cog or something, some part for an engine, it was gonna last more than any other part or component of the engine because it was made in Germany. I just hope to God that that tradition continues because it was a It's a really proud tradition. Yeah.
Speaker 14: That's why my dad's house is fifty years old, and I would rather move into it than than a new one, the one I built thirty years ago.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: I waxed poetic about old architecture and how the way was built and again overbuilt quite often, and of course no modern tools. They didn't have sea and C machines. All of that carving was done each individually. And I look at that like a house built late eighteen hundreds, and I just stare at in awe and try to recreate that now using those old techniques. Good luck. Let's take quick break here, we'll come back. We've got more details to talk about. And plus I don't want to leave my discussion with the donna s Robin, folks, because it's fun and it's Friday. We'll be right back after a couple of brief words, folks. What time for the weather? Great few days in store for the Donna Schwab in October fast God approve got a Sunday day to day a high of eighty two overnight, clear and pleasant. It's going to be a little fifty five. Another Sunday day Tomorrow high of eighty overnight fifty eight and with clear skys and of course sunny on Sunday as well, with the high of eighty six. Perfect Donna Swab in October fest weather. What's going on with traffic.
Speaker 7: From the uc Health Traffic Center. As the only Level one trauma center in the region, u See Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with the new additions to the er Choose u See Health and you need expert care. South seventy five is still a slowgo with that wreck at the lateral block in the right lane, off and on slow back through the Lachland Split. Seventy one south slow from five for down toward Montgomery Road in Kenwood, there's broken down four to seventy one Southbounds Ramp from Memorial Park Darkway and North seventy five still moving a bit slow, Buttermilk Pike to the Brent Spence Jason Earheart on fifty five KRC the Talkstations.
Speaker 1: Eight eighteen, you think about Parcity Talks Station, little German bumper music in lieu of the normal fair. Thank God for the Donna Schrobin crew at Donna Schrobin German Society been around for a long long time. Of course, the history of the German community in the Greater Sinsinni area, it's just you can't understate it. It's just absolutely amazing. The heritage terrific and it continues to this day because we get great fellowship. It's much going on and snapp she get in front of the microphone if you want to scream something out, Wally, because your points are your comments are quite welcome. So I wanted to ask you remark there are degrees of being directly in front of the microphone and not Wally Dixture anyway. Sorry, no, don't apologize. So the car show et cetera. One of the things that really is amazing in the Donnas Rabbi Octoberfest. I think maybe more than the others. Although I'm not putting into the challenge, I'm not dissing the other October Fest.
Speaker 13: You guys have a hell of a beer list, yeah, you could say, and it gets better and better every year. And right now it's over thirty important and domestic beers on draft, including your favorite such as Halfer House, Warsteiner, Paulana, and more.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 13: Wow, you got to hand it to Konzie and Wally for making sure that we have quite a variety, something for everyone. And if you're a beer drinker, you're gonna love coming out this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh, no question about it. I think I kind of thirty six on the list here now, yes, and some of them from some local breweries eight so you know, I think the fretboards on there at Prep Ports and a few others. And you know, we've had great craft beers here locally, of course. And you know, are we unique in the United States for that regard, because I think last at last count, we're north of sixty or six.
Speaker 13: It's incredible the whole Midwest. I don't care if you're in Wisconsin or Minnesota. Here in Ohio, Pennsylvania, of course, I mean, it's just amazing the equality of the beers that we have here that we're running, we drow locally.
Speaker 1: So it is and it is.
Speaker 13: It kind of brings you back to, you know, over the Rhine, back when it was this beer huge beer producing area of Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: And what can I say, it's the best he's ever been. Really well, I regularly point out and to the best of my knowledge, although I expect somewhere floating around my genetic makeup is some German heritage, but the vast majority of it Northern European. I'm a lot Irish and English based on my parents' heritage. But I feel like I'm German because of your collective you your organization and the other organization. It's collective, open, welcoming, you know, everybody is welcome at the table kind of atmosphere. And my wife is Common and she is not German. She is more of a Slavic background, but she loves wearing her dirndl and she always threatens to start taking the German dance classes and joining the Donna Shamin folks and things. I would love to have her. That was the point I'm getting to. You don't care whether or not you really German. It's if you just enjoy this fun and games in the Gamutlei kite. It always is around exactly. Absolutely, it's the benefit of joining Donna Shwaub. But you do events like uh, sort of like this throughout the year, don't you Fellowship events, community events?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, we have we have their Schwappinfest of course in the spring, but we do have dances throughout the year that are open to the public and we would love to have more people come. We have a Strauss Ball in early spring, which is really kind of cool. It's kind of like a representing the debutante balls that used to be back you know in Germany, and they dress in ball gowns and tuxedos and they do Johann Strauss waltzes and things are just really really kind of different than what you usually see, you know, any of our dance groups dancing. But yeah, we have what do we have the Trocton Ball, We have vine Laser Fest and our very very traditional Kirkfi dance, which is uh, that's a that's probably one of our most traditional dances where uh they have a rosemary bush that's decorated and it gets auctioned off. Yeah, and it's a very traditional. The whole idea was usually the man bought the bush for the for his bride to be and then they marched through the streets and then the bride's parents had a big.
Speaker 4: Party for.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, we do like to party. And then it was just, you know, it was just how the town got together. But it was like for the newly married couple to be.
Speaker 1: But that's not true. I bought Amy the Strauss last year.
Speaker 8: Well, but yes, we do have lots of stuff throughout they that the public has come on in and join us.
Speaker 1: Taking place of forty two ninety dry Ridge Road, that is your that is your own facility there. Yes, absolutely built by Germans for Germans, but not exclusively for the use of Germans exactly. So something else you got coming up, just to give away a heads up, the Kershfeine Moss, that's all right. That's October thirteenth, eleven thirty at Old Saint Mary's Church and the details and information you can find on my blog page which you five caresea dot com where Joe Stracker former Donna Schauman is she still is she still with you? Guys? I saw at the Schwamfest. Well, we'll say he is then, but he's put it on a blog page with you five care sea dot com. And so it's a great opportunity for fun games, music, and of course wonderful food, beer and schnapps. Are the Boobin folks going to be there? Usually they are?
Speaker 13: And uh you know full yeah, they're usually out there all the time.
Speaker 1: Talking about party. They bring the party, I know, you know. Originally I think I don't know if I'm still sor bit sort of honorary member. I've always been kind of waiting in the wings. Oh yeah, I just don't think I meet Boom and Muster when it comes to partying. Maybe it's just my I've gotten too old or oh no, they're well season, they are wealthy. They bring the party like yes, and we love them a lot. That is a fun group, there is no doubt about it. Well, I'm looking forward to being there and seeing you folks and enjoying some goodmut speak kite. It's the twenty time, what is it, the thirty thirty two second jes Louise thirty second anniversary, So we're gonna enjoy ourselves a good time. Donnish Robin october Fest this weekend get the details. Fifty five car Sea dot Com. Wally Amy k Chip, thank you so much for being in studio today and bring Harzer. Thank you very much. Come for the sausages at least, folks, they're awesome, say twenty five fifty five car City Talk Station. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Time for the Channel nine first warning weather forecast. They tell us it's going to be Sunday today. Hi have eighty two, clear skies over night going down to fifty five. It to be a sunny day tomorrow with a high of eighty with overnight low of fifty eight and clear skies eighty six with sunny skies on Sunday again, perfect weekend for October Fest fifty four. Right now, it's time for a traffic updatation.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. As the only Level one trauma center in the region, UCE Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the er Choose UCE Health when you need expert care seventy five. Still a bit of a slogo, Kevin southbound. That wreck at the lateral has the right lane block your slow back through the Lachlan Split.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the lateral.
Speaker 7: There is a wreck westbound on the lateral at I seventy five that blocks the right shoulder for seventy one southbounds on ramp for a Memorial Parkway. You'll see it broken down and northbound seventy five stop and go Dixie Highway to the brend Spence Jason Earhardt on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eighty nine fifty five KRCD Talk Station, Boy, that was welcome relief from that gloom and doom we had going into the end of the last segment, not to discount the realities of what we were talking about. Empower Use seminar again. It's on Tuesday. I hope you can sign up for that. It's just log in only so Edwind Black's going to be you can ask him questions about his concerns over nuclear war.
Speaker 14: I just.
Speaker 1: Honestly didn't need to hear that, but it's undeniably a fact. World becomes such a more dangerous place, I mean, even just on an accelerated path over the past three and a half four years. Anyway, check out Edwin Black's seminar Tuesday seven o'clock log in for Jack Avenan and Edwin will kick in at seven thirty. Also, get a copy of Mandy Ginnis Sakara's book Y'all Fired. It's good conversation with her and talking about it's an uphill challenge, it's a battle we'll be fighting, but getting rid of the deep state. It can be accomplished, and it's going to tenacity and commitment by free minded, freethinking people who see the obvious realities of what's unfolding before our very eyes, an oppressive right taking government with dictatorial control over every aspect of your life. Back into the glooming doom territory. I apologize, but you know, on a Friday, it's the least place I want to be. But it's facts, it's it's necessary. And get the information in fifty five KR, sea dot com five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three, talk top five fifty on AT and T phones. Another reminder steady strides five K for Parkinson disease and get that information on my blog page. I will be there tomorrow. The walk begins at ten. The doors open at eight, and that door means Corwin Nixon Park on Mason Montgomery Road. So over to fifty five kr sea dot com show up for that one and helps support that wonderful organization. A reminder, also, I won't be in on Monday. I have to get a biopsy since my cancer apparently is shown back up and they need to know how it goes of it is, So that's going on for me on Monday. I have to the only reason I'm not showing up is I got a fast and I don't think I can get through four hours or radio without any water or any liquids or any food. So bit of an uphill challenge for me. So hopefully I'll have the results quickly, and I promise I'll let you know a lot of people offer me support and prayers, and God bless each and every one of you. It's just you know, it really helps, it really does. And thanks to my family too. All right, without further ado more, go back to local stories. Let's see I can dispense with what Democrats or Republicans say about Issue one. Vote no on issue one you want to put the idea of jerrymandering, which he literally will be, it'll be committee jerimandering and good luck finding you know, straightforward politically neutral people sitting on a committee to determine the boundaries for your state elected officials and congressionally elected officials. I presume that's scary, unaccountable unelected officials. And you know what, if you've served in an American military, you're not even allowed to serve on that panel. Someone told me that at the Republican event. Seriously, yeah, seriously, So no one issue. What if you got any question marks about it, just vote no. It's a constitutional amendment, for God's sake. Butler Hinny Corners, responding to a responded rather to a wooded area next to Garfield Middle School where they found a body. The information came from Journal News working with WCPOS where I got the information. But regardless, police responded to a call that came into Butler Kunty dispatch about two pm yesterday. General News said the ambulance left the scene not long after arriving, and Hamilton Police at the Coroner's Office was on its way. Didn't provide any details or other information. Hamilton City School Superintendent Mike Holbrook did confirm the wooded area was not school property. So more information when we get details, if we get them. Here's this is creepy. Parents described as disturbed. I would probably be a little bit more than disturbed if this happened to my daughter when she was thirty. We have the parents of a thirteen year old student at Ackerman Middle School say they were and there were in the words disturbed learning. A former teacher was accused of searching for private information about their daughter. Former teacher at the school, Kevin Kneehouse, charged with a misdemeanor related to looking up private information on a student, which is a violation of federal law. Parents were told on yesterday by the school resource officer the knee House was accused of looking up their daughter's information. Boone County Sheriff's Office said he was investigated because of inappropriate relationships between him and students, criminal complaints that he used computer system to find students locker and combination and then would place a gift inside for her to see before the first day of school without her knowledge or consent. Tell me that's not creepy. SRO discovered more than twenty searches of ten students who weren't in his class. Boone County Sheriff's District said it would not comment on the matter, other than saying the knee House was no longer employed. Boom County Sheriff's Office said it has concluded its investigation. No mention of charges and gerdra Lloin's folks this weekend. Next weekend and probably the following, northbound I seventy five is going to be closed. They're doing a one point nine million dollar project to rehabilitate the payment on I seventy five by installing a load transfer platform to support the payment anyway, All northbound lanes will be shut down between the ramps to and from eastbound Norwood Lateral beginning at ten pm tonight and this lasts through three am on Monday. According to the High Department of Transportation, drivers urged to detour eastbound to the Norwood Lateral then onto northbound I seventy one, or alternatively take I or take two seventy five or I seventy four. According to Katherine Fuller with the O Dotts, if you typically use I seventy five and maybe you travel on to the west side northwest side of the city within the hour bell, maybe you want to consider using I seventy four or two seventy five, she said. Obvi's the ICE seventy one is going to be another great option there will be traffic and congestion. She acknowledges traffic delays, but points out that no one should be discouraged for coming downtown over the weekend. Of course, you got the Bengals game to deal with, so shutdowns on Ice seventy five beginning tonight, May thirty five. Feel free to call if you've got something you want to talk about it. We'd love to hear from you. It is Friday. We can maybe lighten things up, or I can go back into gloom and doom. Stick her out of your right backs. Time for the weather. Oh, looks like perfect weather for a Donna Schwabin. October fifth, weekend, Sunday Today high eighty two going down a fifty five overnight skies will remain clear. Clear are tomorrow as well, sunny skies and I have eighty clear over night fifty eight Sunday. On Sunday, I have eighty six. Oh lord, my temperature disappeared fifty six. Time for traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center. As the only Level one I'm a center in the region. You see, Health is setting the national standard for emergency care and preparedness with new additions to the er. Choose you see health when you need expert care sound seventy five. A slow ride through the Lochland split down to the lateral because of an accident. Speaking of the lateral, have a wreck westbound on the lateral in near I seventy five Your seventy five in Kentucky's still a slow ride from Dixie Highway to the bridge. Four seventy one's on Rant Memorial Parkway. You'll find it broken down. Jason Earhardt on fifty five KRC the talk station Height thirty nine, fifty five kre CEE talk station. Brian Thomas right here in fighting phone calls five one three, seven four nine fifty two three Taco with Tom five fifty on EIGHTE and T phones started out this morning with the news and you probably got it yourself. The strike is over and port workers agreed in their strike. They said that the sixty two percent wage increase, which I know just Strecker and I talk about this all the time, you know, that's what that's the wage increase. He gets that every year two percent increase in wages over six years, not the seventy seven percent they were looking for. But the last offer from the well the owners was fifty percent, So that was enough to bring them back to work. But they're not done yet. This agreement which keeps the ports open until January fifteenth, and it's an extension of the prior contract with the exception of the alteration of the salary language. They will continue their discussions about whether or not to automate the docks to some degree. I have to imagine there's some measure of a degree of automation there. But again, the union workers don't want to automate. They don't want to advance into even the twentieth century, let alone the twenty first century, because it's going to require fewer workers. At least that's the theory. Now, automation has taken place into other ports from everything I've read, and it hasn't resulted in the reduction of numbers of union workers. It's just that they find themselves working in a different capacity. The union only cares about the number of its members, so they can well maintain control. And this is a monopoly. And this is the thing that irked me the most. And I was appreciative of the of the Wall Street Journal for their op ed piece on the matter. But as my friend Jeff asked me, this morning. Maybe they're going to learn a hard lesson like the Bakery Union over a Wonder And I said, no, that's not the case. You know, when those folks all got fired and they shut the Wonder plant down, they didn't have monopoly on the production of sweet bake goods. I guess Little Debbie's plant stayed open. Maybe an inferior product compared to Wonder. That was just you know, that's of course a subjective opinion. But nonetheless, the Bakery Union does not have a monopoly over all bakeries, and therefore, as long as flour and other ingredients are still in existence, you have options to find your baked goods elsewhere. That is not the case with the ports. These ports are one hundred percent monopoly controlled by the International Longshoreman's Union, which allows one man, along with the well vote of his of his union members, to shut the whole thing down. And it's not just them that gets shut down. The ripple effect is profound. We were all, I mean still be in jeopardy in terms of inflationary realities. They obviously have to deal with the backlog for the past four days, which will probably take about a month. But if it had lasted in the name of them getting a raise, with most of them already making one hundred thousand dollars a year, and I guess bully for them. As the Journal pointed out, start up with the astounding fact that there were fifty thousand or so International Longshoreman's Association or Union members, but there are only twenty five thousand port jobs, and why they so top heavy? And journal acknowledges only about half of the union's members are obliged to even show up the work each day. The rest are home collecting container royalties, negotiating in provisions and islid contracts intended to protect against losses that result from innovation. Innovation. Now, maybe they'll negotiate in an effort to keep any further innovation or advancements in the efficiencies of shipping goods through the ports. Maybe they'll demand the return of the horse and buggy, because you would need about May ten, twenty thirty thousand more union workers to get the stuff moved around if we would only go back to the past when we had less efficient means of moving stuff around. But it's a monopoly, and therein lies the challenge. You're better served in a world that has competition. You're better served in a world where it's not just one single union working on the ports, one single union that had the effect of really really damaging the economy and in broad broad ways, because it's not just them that's impacted. It's not just the evil shipping companies that will be impacted. It's millions of workers, probably most of whom are far less than the members of the ILA. The truck drivers, the retail clerks, the warehouse employees, the auto workers, all of whom may have been out of work or struggling with supply chain issues because well, I guess the ISLA president needs to replace the yacht he just sold and he can't manage on nine hundred thousand dollars a year. Just a thought coming up in e forty five. If you have care, see the talk station phones lines are open call if you care to got a little bit more to talk about before we part company for the weekend. I'll be right back. I want to talk because everyone wanted so if you I have KRC the talk station. Oh this will put a smile on my face. Team, Well, it can be if you're looking in the right place. Anyway, I suppose to Donna Schrobin event this weekend. October Fest is one place where you will find It's a wonderful world. Get the information fifty five caros dot com. Wonderful have those folks in the studio because they brought with them food and drink and great information and gimicklear Kite keep lamenting on the heels of Edwin Black. The empower You semon are coming up next Tuesday at seven pm, which is when Jack Edington will speak, followed by Edwin Black, National Fears and National Affairs. A man who said, with conviction he believes that maybe there'll be a nuclear bomb dropped or launched or something sometime between now and the swearing end date next January. I did not need to hear that amid the gloomingdom going on in the world, and with my diagnosis it's like biling on. I know it feels so Anyway, I alluded to this when I was talking to Mandy Goanessa Kara with her book Y'all Fired, which is a fun conversation and you should get a copy of that listen to the podcast. But she was Trump's EPA chief of staff and she's written this book on how it is still possible to overcome the deep administrative state and take our country back and regain our freedoms and liberties. An uphill challenge, it will be in one of the areas. And I predicated the entire conversation on this religion of global warming, and my theory is well, and take it for what it is, because global warming is a theory at least man made global warming. Now, everybody's been taught in their k through twelve education now for about two generations that you and I are responsible for the death of the planet. It's kind of baked into the cake. And people who don't believe in that, like me, are heretics and should be disregarded and ignored. In spite of the fact there's a multitude of realms and reams of studies, research evidence, as well as the globe mobal geologic history, which confirmed that we've lived through periods of time when it's been a hell of a lot hotter, and of course, given the glacier that wants across the state of Ohio a hell of a lot colder, and thank god it got warmer, we'd still be living in a glacier and you and I wouldn't be talking right now. That's the predicate that we are killing the planet based upon our carbon out book, which is you know, the cover the lie for the larger the nefarious part, which is they want to take away our freedoms and liberties. They don't want us to have stuff and things. They want to be able to control what we do. It's the obvious logical conclusion to where we're going here. How do we accomplish this goal of taking away the rights and freedoms and liberties from those pesky Americans who have proven that freedom and liberty are the catalyst for wealth and success. Look at our history. No other country has these freedoms that we enjoy, and currently the first Amendments the one that's subject to the most attack anymore. Because you and I can have conversations like this, what do we do to accomplish our goal. Let's create the idea that what our natural human activity is all bad. Our consumption is bad. Eating beef is bad, moving about and exhaling is bad. Coal is bad, natural gas is bad. It's okay to build a windmill and build a solar panel which belches out gallons and gazillions of carbon and other noxious pollutants into the atmosphere in the manufacturing process and shipping process, but it won't while we're using it. So it's okay to overlook that. It's okay to overlook the Chinese Communist Party building coal plants every single day. See there's a little wrinkle in the road there. Wait a second, Why are we cutting our throats when the Chinese Communist parties?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Why are we cutting our throats when the Indian population isn't. Go ahead and let that fester in and figure out, well, since they're putting out more carbon than we're reducing, this exercise is pointless and feudal. Is there maybe something more behind this? Is there something more than meets the eye? And that's when you get to nefarious folks. Nefarious use useful idiots to achieve their goals. If you don't question the problem, you're being fed, and you don't try to look beyond the veil of this thinly supported claim, you're ultimately a part of the problem. You buy into it, you capitulate, you can see, and then you start pointing the finger at other folks, who, oh my god, you've got an suv. We need to get rid of you. That's the desired result from my perspective, and I saw this and reading yourself Wall Street Journey, you can't buy that diesel truck. They're having a real problem in California because of this electric truck mandate. We're talking about semi trucks. Regulations say zero emission trucks must be a growing share of semi truck fleet, so they have a mandate you can't sell a diesel truck unless you sell an electric truck. Problem is nobody wants an electric truck.
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Well, a couple of problems. First off, they cost twice as much as the diesel rig. Second Off, they apparently only go about one hundred and fifty miles on a charge, compared to the thousand to fifteen hundred miles the diesel trucks can travel before having to refuel. And parenthetically, there are also very few trucks charging stations, so if you're suckering into buying one of these things, then you might have a difficult time charging at every one hundred and fifty miles. So no one wants them, and therefore the number of zero mission vehicle trucks on the lot are growing, But also are the diesel trucks, because if you can't sell an electric, you're not allowed to sell a diesel. How much sense does that make? Talk about a self inflicted wound. Everybody's driving their trucks longer out there, probably belching out more carbon and pollution than a newer diesel truck would put out. There are your edicts and mandates from our lords and masters on high, making life more challenging and more difficult for the American population, all in the name of well what global warming? Pat Welcome to the program. Happy Friday to you, and Happy.
Speaker 12: Friday to you, and I just wanted to let you know that our prayers will be with you and we cherish the time that you share with us with your dose of reality. There was a time when I was a teenager, you'd see bumper stickers said, question reality, Our question authority now needs to be questioned insanity, because that's what these people are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted no argument for me.
Speaker 12: Fifty years ago, I took a station wagon full of people up to Dayton to see David Bowie. And when you play those David Bowie bumper music, it makes me go back to the crazy day or night that that was. And the other thing here was. I actually got to see Louis Armstrong sing It's a one and play on a trumpet. It's a wonderful world. And I just think of how lucky that I was to have parents that would take me to something like that. And we celebrate life, we celebrate love. A great festival that's going to go on this weekend is a celebration of life and love and thankfulness for people coming together. And we have to come together against insane people that say boys can have babies.
Speaker 1: And you have a good weekend, sir, God bless you man. And what a great way to end the fifty five Morning Show, fifty five Cassey Morning Show on a Friday. I'm surprised Joe didn't hit the now who could argue with that sound? Biden? Who could have a wonderful weekend, folks, I really hope you do. I'll be back on Tuesday. Gary Jeff Walker coming for me on Monday so I can deal with my fasting. My apologies, I can't do that, but no coffee, no food for from midnight until ten fifteen. I think I'm gonna have to take a bass, which I'm doing. Thank Gary Jeff Walker in advance Thanks to everybody out there for all the kind of well wishes and the prayers. I truly appreciate it. Thank you Joe Strecker for all the work that you do to make the fifty five KRS Morning show come off without a hitch. I truly appreciate. Have a wonderful weekend. Don't go away, gone backs next. I don't care about anybody else what motivates your vote.
Speaker 12: They're evil, perverted, and they're trying to destroy or fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC, the talk station. This report