Speaker 1: Wamen starts.
Speaker 2: Name name name, the name.
Speaker 3: Didn't what you're putting.
Speaker 4: We got some water or nothing probing out here. I can't go, but I know I did. My vendor light came on and I did that. But they went and the thing running across the yard. Not a good fight man or something I look like the man.
Speaker 1: I don't know what if?
Speaker 3: What if?
Speaker 4: The right across the yard.
Speaker 1: It seems to be a big foot leaning against a tree in a wooded area. I have seen plenty of people with big feet, but not bigfoot tree minks and rush. He sees about a seven and seven and a half foot tall fast watch looking back at him, and.
Speaker 3: That kind of looks like a wolf, but not like a neighborhood dog.
Speaker 1: Pick these stores for what they are and hopes that maybe if it's out there, then show me yeah, and says he might have caught the mythical chup of cabra creature terrorizing.
Speaker 4: His chickens like a grunt and a knock like a w I think there's kind of a cultural tendency for people to want to make big Foot a quote unquote monster.
Speaker 1: Welcome to ecb ro O Bigfoot Radio. Hey guys, it's your host Janie bin Wan. Tonight we bring you another special guest that's joining us today right here in Virginia, and we're going to talk some big quot today. We're going to talk about some encounters and experience this individual has shared. But I want to welcome everybody. Uh well, first I want to welcome uh miss April April. How are you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm good. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I am doing great. Now let me ask you, is this the first time you've ever been on a podcast or anything like this?
Speaker 5: Really very first time?
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, well this is great, This is good, This is good stuff. So now, aypl me and you. We've known each other for some years now, we kind of go back. I don't forgive me for not remembering timeframes, but it's been a long time. I know that much. So I think.
Speaker 5: Back in twenty twenty thirteen is when we first met.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so yeah, that has been a good while. That's been twenty thirteen. That's been I can't think of the top of my head. I'm a little slow right now. So yeah, that's been a good while. Good deal. Now, I do recall Well, first of all, let me ask you before we get into anything further big the subject depict with has something has that kind of been an interest to you or is that something kind of fell into.
Speaker 6: I've always been interested in vixit Like some people why, I don't believe in it, but I believe.
Speaker 1: Nice. No, have you had experience you will? I recall you shared an experience with me a long time ago. Well, one of the things you shared with me, you said you had a sighting at a young age. Is that correct? Yes, okay. I was wondering if you could kind of kind of give us a background or backstory on that and like when that happened, what you know, what led up to it, where you were and all that good stuff.
Speaker 6: I was up on Peak Mountain, actually I was at like he's like a stepbrother to me. We were at his place and we were dear hunting him, riding four wheelers and me and my brother was riding a four wheeler up and down the driveway and through the woods, and out of nowhere one came out and started actually chasing this one formula Oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, and then oh go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, And then we end up actually shooting a deer the same night, and when we went to go get it. We seem were dropped, and we went in the house to get the big spotlight, and once we come out, the deer was nowhere to be found. No blood tracks, no nothing.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow. You know it's funny that you mentioned that, because I've heard that happening here in Virginia a couple of different times from other hunters where they've actually seen the deer was in their sight and they dropped the deer, and even though the deer was at a little bit of a distance, by the time they worked their way up to where the deer was dropped, the deer was nowhere in sight. But now you said Peaks Mountain? Is that is that here in Virginia?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right out pier on thirty three west and Rocking Him County.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that? Would you say? Is that over towards the Burkeen area that you mentioned and talked about before? No? Oh, okay, But how far west on thirty three would you say that? Is?
Speaker 5: Like you're going towards Fox Run.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going out that way, but it's before so it's before Falks Run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like you can take Peak Mountain right and.
Speaker 5: Off of thirty three.
Speaker 6: You saw a Peak Mountain all the way down and you could actually go into Fox Run that way off of Peak Mountains.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, okay, very cool. Now did know you when when the big foo came out and you said it started chasing you, did you get a good look at it, like any kind of description or like, how would you describe it? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was young and I was scared.
Speaker 7: I didn't look back once I've seen it was chasing inside, and looked back. I buried my head and my brother's back.
Speaker 1: Wow, all you know? So, but there was still daylight like it was. It wasn't dark yet though, right. No? Wow, So since then you're thinking much about that? Or I mean, like, did that affect you in any way since then? As far as going into the woods, Nope.
Speaker 5: I also go in the woods. I love being outdoors. That didn't stop me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I know a lot of people. It drives people to keep going and wanting to be in the woods be so they appreciate nature. But I've heard stories from others who have seen them. Some people say it took them a while to get back in the woods after having any kind of encounter.
Speaker 5: I was in the back of the woods next day.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's awesome. That would be me because you know, you know, I don't let much scare me. It really doesn't. I mean I've had my shares of experiences with both wildlife and the unknown, and it doesn't stop me. It just keeps me going. So I'll see. I know, since that, have you had any other experiences since then? Or what was the next experience was when I met up with you when you guys are camping out there by Elcorn.
Speaker 6: That's the next experience I had was when we were camping at Elcorn when I have rock staring over my head.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: Now I know I got the interview. I got the interview on camera. It was of course I had. That was my That was some years ago, and I had a cheap cameraphone, which I did. I think it was a cameraphone or was it my I can't remember. I mean it was either my cheap cameraphone or it was one of my old little quarters. I know I had my daughter with me, but I do have that quarter you had. It was okay, That's what I'm starting to think because I know a lot of times I did a lot of recording with my old camera phone and it was a low quality film. Uh, but yeah, was it? Could you recall it? Was? It was? It? Was it just one night when the rocks started were thrown at you? Or did it happen a couple of nights or I mean, what could you recall about that that night or the whole situation?
Speaker 6: It was just that one night, like we came back from coming from Harrisonburg and we just said that, well, I did said down to eat dinner, and and at the time was doing something and next thing I know, I had rocks starting over my head. And then he's seen the rocks from over my head, and then he's like, I'm going to knock three times. Was a piece of you know, a stick, So he knocked three times on a tree, and a bout that time we heard three knocks back, and then then again bout that time again, I done had a bigger rock thrown in my head and I just felt just the hair of it touched the top of my head. And about that time it scared me so bad that I threw my food into the fire and my dog almost went into the fire because she was on my lap also because she was scared, and no one once I felt the rock like taking just a hair of it touched the top of my head. I ran and jumped in the car and I told him I was leaving, and I even locked the doors on him so he couldn't even get in the car in the.
Speaker 5: Car, and that's when we left from there that night.
Speaker 1: Wow man, Uh yeah, because I think it was the next morning you guys you would contacted me and was it? Was it the same day? Did I come out that same day or I think they did?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you did.
Speaker 1: Now, a couple of things I recall. We we did some exploring. We did a little investigating up behind your camp and you know the I know, the creakers right behind the campsite, and we went we went just beyond the creek where we were able to cross the creek, and uh, I do recall, and I I'm pretty sure I still have pictures, but there was what appeared to be some very u fairly sized flat impressions and some grass up behind it that we did come across. Another thing too, I think it was just me and Ed. Ed took me to another spot where you guys were camping at and he me the location of that camp site and part of the creek or the stream that ran up behind that camp, uh, which was this was probably almost a good two miles from where you guys were set up where I first met you guys at, and he said something very similar happened there where there was rocks being thrown across that stream, which that stream was a little it was a little wider, but yeah, he told me there were some rocks that were being thrown from the opposite side over there as well. I don't know, do you recall anything about that location.
Speaker 6: I don't remember that. Of course, I probably asleep when that happened at him mm hmm, can tell me about it, but yeah, I don't recall it happened and when I was awake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because what's what's interesting about that second location, there's a trail if you follow the trail that branches from that that camp spot, which is bird along the river, on that trail all the way through it will lead you up behind where I camp at, where the main one of the main spots where I know on the camp at, and uh, yeah, there's been some experiences there and up across from where I've camped at. Because if you know the location of the Elkhorn Lake or the entrance that leads into the lake. Yeah, right, yeah, right outside of that entrance, there's a there's a big camp spot right out on the outside where, Yeah, there's a group of us that camp there. And I believe I actually got pictures. I think that was back in twenty seventeen. We did a group picture. I knew you and Ed came out there to visit for a little while and if you guys were in the you guys are in the group picture we took. Yeah, but that location there, we had a few things, interesting things that happened there because my father camped out with me that week and yeah, yeah, and while we were sitting around that campfire one of the nights we were out there, Dad had just gone down into his tent and lay down. He was tired. It was kind of to me it was early, but Dad was tired, and you know, because the medication he was taking at the time made him you know, it was a blood threader for his heart, and he had he had just gone down to lay down in his tent and the rest of us were sitting around the campfire. Yeah, we were kind of shooting the shit, talking here and there, But then it was dead quiet, and from out of nowhere, right across from camp, we had this powerful wood on wood, powerful tree knock bang. And what was actually kind of funny about it, Dad was scurry. Dad wasn't asleep, apparently he was laying awake listening to everything. But when we all heard that tree knock, we were pretty much on our feet. Dad came scurrying out of his tent. Soon as Dad jumps out of his tent and he's like, I heard that, and I'm actually I'm kind of almost like laughing, but I'm not, but I'm like pointing in the direction where it came from. And when he stepped down, I was like, Dad, I told you, you know, I've been telling him about what goes on around there, you know, the activity that we normally get, and I'm just glad that he was able to get that little bit of you know, experience. You know, that tree snock really had he'd had us on our feet, but that particular night, we were actually, you know, we started hearing things even after that tree knock took place. Some moments later, I know Greg that was with us. He did a couple of vocalizations. We had. We got some responses from his vocalization, some that almost sounded very similar in response. But after hearing a couple of vocals here and there, we started to hear a movement on the outskirts of our camp, like through the bushes in this forest, and it sounded like something walking around us, like we were being circle, you know. Now, we never saw anything, but that's what we heard, and we started, you know, looking around. We actually end up walking up behind camps see if we can see it, which we never did. But of course perhaps we should have gone walking to where we heard that big tree knock, which was on the opposite side. But so that was one thing I could recall because I've had some of the other experiences there, you know, in just a few years prior to all that. But Elkhorn Lake has been very interesting because there's been a lot of interesting things that's happened over there before I ever had an encounter. I've had stories from people I used to work with that told me about what they've seen across the road in front of them. And these are for people that never knew nothing about me, and they just came out and told me their stories, you know. Yeah, So have you have you just I'm just curious. Have you had anything ever since that last moment?
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 6: It's been a while since I've been out there again. I need to go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Now you you came out and canceled us a few days. It was about a couple of days or so, back in October of this this previous year. Now, one of the things that happened at that camp site, Now I wasn't there because it was towards the end of the campsite where some of us had to pack up and leave. We were talking about this on a previous podcast because one of the couples that came down there was a couple. There was a couple that end up coming down from Pennsylvania, a husband and wife. And you know, I mind you the wife, she doesn't know much about wild life. She doesn't she doesn't get to experience that, she doesn't see anything. She doesn't know how they behave and what they do. But her and her husband had gone down and drove down to the gate at the lake. And what was funny was as her husband was parking, she was in the passenger seat looking over her shoulder towards the gate and she seen what she claimed to see. She claimed it to be a bear and she's looking over there. She said, oh my god, there's a bear over there, you know. But there's details that she didn't share until after she got back to camp. But her husband was telling her he don't worry about bears, bear, you know. She she's like, I got my side arm. Bears ain't gonna bother us. We're protected anyway, blah blah blah. So they went about their hike and this and that, and later on after they got back, Melissa and my friends Melissa and David were still at camp. They were backing up getting ready to leave where they started bringing it up again. And keep in mind, there's a details of her husband did not know. But she started talking about what she saw again she thinks it's a bear. But her story was when she looked over, she saw it standing on two feet at the edge of the gate, behind the behind some of the trees and bushes, and it was it was standing there for a little bit, and then all of a sudden, real fast, it started taking off on two feet and it ran across that little uh that roadway by the gate and went across into the woods. And it stayed on two feet, running like lightning, And and of course everybody would starting to listen to her story, they're like, wait a minute, you said you saw a bear and it was running real fast on two feet, And they're like, no, that wasn't a bear. Bears might walk and stumble a little bit on two feet at a short distance and have short steps, but they will not run on two feet. And how tall? Yeah, she she said it was almost around six week tall is what she estimated. So after sharing the details, they're like, wait a minute, you didn't see a bear. That was not a bear. So yeah, from what she described and what she said she saw and how.
Speaker 8: It moved and behaved, yeah, we believe she may have seen a young sasquatch, which is not surprising because I've heard so many stories from that general area out near.
Speaker 1: Around falk Run in the other areas. Some years ago, when I was over by Elkhorn Lake, back when I had my other Blazer, you know, the a group of young guys that were driving up. I was parked up by the bathouse that leads into the Elkhorn Lake. These guys on my vehicle and they thought, hey, wait, let's stop and talk to this guy. They started talking to me. I keep in mind they were kind of young guys on a small pickup truck. They pull out their phone and showed me a picture that they had captured on their phone. And the picture was some tracks and some snow. And I'm going to tell you, like I've told the others before, when I've seen this picture, it was probably the best looking pictures of tracks I've seen. And it was on a side road or a backcountry road, and I thought they would showing me something that they captured from this general area up around Elkorn, But no, it wasn't from Elkcorn. These large, clear humanoid tracks in about a couple inches of snow, a whole long trackway off. I said, where was this at? Over up my folks run going on the outskirts of the hog Fin area, and I was like, my job, I drop. I was like, really, you know I at this point, I had just learned of that location out there from a friend of mine I used to work with who lived in Singers Glenn, and he's told me some stories that he's experienced weird things out there when he was younger. But so you know, this is just one story. I've heard stories from bear hunters that claimed to have mean big foot sasquatch peeking out behind trees out there on them, and uh, those stories I find to be incredible because bear hunters know what bears look like. They hunt bears all the time, and there was no mistaken that they knew this wasn't a bear that was watching them, you know. So yeah, yeah, yeah, the folks run the Hogpin area. Yeah, I mean there's reports of stories from this location that you won't hear or see you or find on the b f R database. So yeah, these these people have seen things out there, and a lot of people, there's a lot more than probably witnesses, observe things out there. But you know, these are country folks. A lot of them don't come forward that easily. So you know, a lot of people like to keep stuff to themselves. A lot of mountain folks are quiet of things. But at the same time, once they get to know you, get familiar with you, feel comfortable. Yeah, they don't mind sharing stories like that, you know, as long as they feel like they could trust you. Yeah, absolutely so, But you don't I got a question for you. I ask a lot of a lot of people this, you know, and as far as I'm concerned, there's no wrong answer. Everybody has their own belief or whatever reason. But my question to you is what do you what do you feel? Well, what do you think Bigfoot might be?
Speaker 5: I mean I've heard a lot of stories.
Speaker 7: I mean, I've heard people say that they're just like one of us, half.
Speaker 5: Human and like half eight but you never know what to believe.
Speaker 7: But I mean my opinion, I mean, the way you know, they walk on two feet, just like we do.
Speaker 5: They're just like one of us.
Speaker 1: Right, So so you believe that they could be some type of human.
Speaker 5: I'm they could, but I mean I'm really I don't know. That's always one of that.
Speaker 1: Right, hmm. Yeah. I mean I do a lot of research and studies on based off of you know, like reports and history, because there's a lot of history with Bigfoot that dates hundreds and hundreds of years ago when it comes to sightings, but you know, more of it more more of it came to light back in the fifties and sixties. You know, out in the Pacific Northwest, like California and the Washington and Oregon states where Bigfoot has been become very popular out there, you know. Yeah, I mean for those who don't know. I mean a lot of people do know, but there's a lot of people that are not familiar with the nineteen sixty seven Roger Pattinson and Bob Gimmelin footage that happened October twentieth, nineteen sixties seven. Now, yeah, there's two guys are on horseback exploring out in nature in Bluff Creek, California, which is part of Northern California. And yeah, yeah, it was a coincidence because they were actually on a mission to go find and film bigfoot, and it just so happens that they just so happened to stumble across what appears to be a big foot. So and they filmed it. There was it was probably just barely under a minute long, the total footage. And so some people look at that as a red flag, like, Okay, they were looking for bigfoot and they got lucky and found a bigfoot and filmed it. And so there's been red flags about that, you know, or concerns about that. I should say, yeah, but here's there's more to it than that. Because Hollywood and Disney, they both when they when they learned of this footage. They're like they both came forward like we don't have the technology to have anything to look that good, you know, Roger Patterson, Bob Gimblin, they did not have a budget. You know, nobody, you know, everybody that was reputable that you know, they had a reputation. Like like I said, for Disney and Hollywood, none of them have connections with Bob Gimblan and you know Roger Patterson. And again they themselves didn't have the have anything that looked that good. You know what the best thing they had back then during that time was the original Planet of the Eighth, the planet Other that didn't come out till nineteen sixty eight, Yeah, a whole year later after the footage, and they were like monkey faces and that's what they had for costumes, you know. And there was nothing, nothing they had that were compared to what Bob Gimmelin and Roger Patterson filmed, you know, using a sixteen millimeter camera. So I mean, till this day, that video footage had been dissected, you know, left and right, and science and other mainstream people graphic and analysis, you know, people that were involved with analyzing film, and they can't point towards it, they can't debunk it. Everything so far leads that this was the real deal. I mean, there was bigfoot tracks that were found at that film site, and they were cast and analyzed and studied. Nothing point towards it being fake because you know, there's professionals that can debunk and find proof that tracks were fake. Nothing was proved to be otherwise, and which adds a lot of credibility to all that. So but again that was out in California, northern California, and yeah, and again the Pacific Northwest has a big reputation for big But you know, over the years, people don't realize what we have here on the East Coast. It's it's highly underestimated that we do have the here. We have a lot of forces that people don't realize. There's so many thick, dense forests where yeah, we we get out and explore here and are we hike here and air There's hikers that get out. There's people that run up and down the Appalachian Trails. So that's another story because they people that have seen things along the Appalachian Trail. But just here in Virginia alone, I mean the Appalatier trail does run through Virginia, you know, and then you've got the Alleghany run. Oh yeah, then you've got the Alleghany Mountains that run the border Virginia and run right through West Virginia and so forth. So, but the National force that we have here, there's i know, the George Washington National Force alone has over one hundred and thirty thousand plus acres that connects into other national state forest you know, the Jefferson National Forests, and also you got West Virginia State Forest. And there's a lot of terrain in in uh deep woods out here that people have no clue what's out here. I mean, shoot, the authorities will deny it, some individuals will deny it. But we got mountain lions here, you know, and almost every game. Yeah, what do you do? You know anything about mountain lions here in Virginia? No? Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Well I've heard people talk about them, but I've never seen them.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean they're not common. But then again, yeah, they are seeing here. I mean I've had eyewitnesses respond to my blogs, and so there is actually another public blog if you look up mountain lions in Augusta and Rockingham County, and there's tons of reports that people have seen seen them out here, Singers, Glen False Run, that's a that's a that's a that's a particular location. Those locations have a lot of sightings. U Farmers have seen them on their properties. And you know, I witnessed one in the George Washington National Forest. You know, so that was back in twenty fifteen, So I know they are here. You know, Shoot, we got wolves here in Virginia exactly do I mean there's evidence of that. I mean, I got a I got a picture of a gentleman just east, going over on the east side of the mountains. He has I have a picture of him holding one up. He shot it and killed it because it was getting to his livestock. Yeah, well it was a red Yeah, it was a red wolf. And red wolves they only get about eighty two pounds, which that's pretty that's a decent size. So you know, wolf red wolves are probably considered probably the smallerst of our most wolf species, but eighty two pounds, that's still pretty big though.
Speaker 7: That is I love wolves, Like if I've always wanted a pet wolve.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny say that I have thought of that too. I really have because you know, there are wolf hybrids that they whis been on certain canine shows and uh festivals here in Virginia, and I never got to see them, but I've always wanted to go check them out. But yeah, there are people you can't get wolves for pets. You know, they may again they may not be pure bad, but some of these hybrids are. I've seen pictures of them. They are pretty large. Uh some of these will depends on the species of wolf. Yeah, they get very large. So absolutely, I wanted to, Uh, there was something else I wanted to ask you here, I had it written down here. H let's see, Well that you've attended my event, the e C. B r O Virginia big Foot Conference, and have you ever been attended to any other events by any chance? No?
Speaker 5: I haven't, but I would love to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I mean you know.
Speaker 5: Actually planning on going of your events this year?
Speaker 1: Well good, I hope so, because yeah, because I need to talk to Brianna about that. For though he's wondering who Brian is my daughter? Remember, Yeah, I need to talk to her because I know it's going to be much bigger this year. And we got the Medieval Renaissance performing there this year. So it's going to be a lot more going on this year, so I'll definitely need all the help I could get up. Absolutely. Uh. There's an event too I want to talk about I'm putting on next month in February. It's actually down in Lexington, Virginia. It's it's it's a very simple, laid back event. It's all the Bigfoot and lunch and it's being held at the there's a cafe diner downtown Lexington, Virginia, and it's called Legendary Eats, which I love talking about this because you know, I've never been there before and it's only about an hour south of me, and it's everything on their menu it's bigfoot of crypto theme items. And I've seen some pictures of their food. Yeah, their food looks amazing. I mean it sounds good and it looks good. So but Bigfoot and Lunch, what we plan on doing there is just get together, you know, having some lunch together talk bigfoot. And I promoted this, you know, I shared it around in different different Bigfoot groups and stuff or local groups, I should say, uh here in Virginia hopefully that people might be willing to come out of the woodwork if they have an an experience or a sighting that they're willing to share with us. So we're hoping for that, and that way we could make notes of that and document uh gives us other areas to look into and research and investigate. So mm hm So I know there's other places a little bit further self, I have I have plans to investigate as well. There was a set of vocalizations that that a girl shared with me probably a few months ago, a couple of months, two or three months ago, and I was very intrigued by these vocalizations from what I heard, and especially when I found out the location where she lives. I know the location, it's about a good almost a two hours south from here, and she does. She did give me permission to bring a few people down there to even camp out on the property. So when time permits, I definitely want to do that. It would probably be like a week in camp out. We would be you know, a little search to property and see if we could find anything and maybe record something ourselves, you know, yeah, oh yeah absolutely so hm hm. So I mean, have you given big Foot much thought since all all your experiences as far as what I mean, if there's anything that you would like to do more with bigfoot or or how do you feel about bigfoot? What would you want to do with big foot in your life?
Speaker 7: I like to explore it more, and like you know, you know, I've been to your conferences and you know, stuff like you do in words cave, and like you know, I like to get out and explore more, you know, and learn more, even more about Bigfoot that I've already know.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean right.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're out in the woods exploring with you know, with anybody or myself food, and you started big foot. I know sometimes this is easier said that, but how would you feel if you encountered big Foot face to face? Hm? Hmm.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie as I was face to taste the big Foot Right now, I'm probably in a pe of my pants.
Speaker 1: Which.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, it probably scared me to death where I do pee my pants, especially being face to take let somebody taller than me because I'm sure I'm very short.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, with that being said, I got to say that. I mean, I can't say it was bigfoot. But at the same time, I've been out the woods by myself, late at night camping, you know, in areas that I weren't really familiar with it. I've heard things surrounding my camp. Yeah, I wasn't able to identify what it could have been, what it could have been coming from. And when you're by yourself, it's it is a very different situation. You're very you feel you're you're very vulnerable, especially at night when you're in a location you're not familiar with and it's so dark, and and especially when you're down below a set of power lines deep out in the mountains and that area becomes so foggy where that cool mountain air comes in, the settles in and you start hearing these trip like hard tree cracks and snaps and bangs, and like, you know, like what the heck is that you know, and it's getting real close to you. You know, you don't know what to think. You just again, you're in a vulable, vulnerable situation, you know. But now at the same time, with that being said, I've been with other people, but by twenty fourteen times there was five other people with me. You know, not once did I ever feel scared or threatened. So it's it's totally different when you're by yourself versus when you're with other people. It is you have that sense of comfort, you know, for whatever reason. But you know, like I said, I've been by myself camping and even up by Elk Corner Lake. I mean, I've had things walk away from me real close that we're very large and heavy and bipedle. Even though I didn't see things, sometimes I've heard what I've heard, and I know that whatever that was was not a known speeches of the animal. I've been very close with bears. I know they don't leave when they step and walk, they don't leave. They don't make a loud, heavy thump and crunch, you know when they walk away because they're on all fours. You know, I've heard loud, heavy bipedle steps to walk away from me real close, you know, just inside the tree line across my camp, and that's put me on edge, you know. But so yeah, I've been in a situation quite a few times where it's had me on edge, you know. And I'm not afraid to admit that. Yeah, I was scared because I was by myself and I didn't know what to expect. But thank god, I never had anything bad happen to be out in those woods. You know, some people think I'm crazy for me. Yeah. Absolutely, a lot of people think I'm crazy for being out there, and it was as much as I am by myself. But I like going by myself because I don't have to worry about Okay, oh so, and so they're lagging behind, I got to stop and wait for them. Not that I go walking and try to get away from everybody. I do walk at my own pace. I like to. I do like to stop and listen because the way I observe and listen to things is different than others, you know. Yeah, so yeah, it's easier to just to go on foot by myself and do everything at my own pace. And I don't have to worry about who's with me. So there's another reason I go by myself alive, you know. But oh but but yeah, I want to jump back a little bit. I want to back up a couple of things we were talking about to start off with with your experiences. Yeah, you said the one the one situation that had you go in the car because you guys, I guess you said you basically got scared, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Now, what what do you think about when that was happening. Did you think sasquatch or you or was sasquatch on you even on your mind? Even though you guys didn't see nothing, you had those rocks being thrown at you. What was running through your mind during the whole.
Speaker 7: Thing, Like, I'll take the truth, I really don't know, but it was a sasquatch in my mind, like I was in my own little days anyway when that was happening, mm hmm. But I never thought it would actually be sasquatched on rocks over my head.
Speaker 1: Which you know, it's funny because you know, for those who get familiar with bigfoot sasquatch behavior, rock throwing is very common with them. So I remember you told.
Speaker 7: Me about that when you came out there that day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because another I know, to get out of his territory.
Speaker 1: Then next time, right now, here's the question for you. Were you guys being loud and voiterous or were you guys Were you guys pretty much quiet on the most part or was there a lot of noise going on?
Speaker 7: It was over getting far Wood, a little ways away from me, and I'm just sitting there in the lawn chair when it was happening.
Speaker 5: Why didn't be actually eating my dinner? I remember eating chili that night.
Speaker 1: Huh. That's interesting because in most cases, you know, rock throwing, a lot of rock throwing usually curves wearing. People are on the move or venturing into a certain location where the rock thrown. When that starts their curves usually, in my honest opinion, it's it's it's a science saying hey, you need to get out of here. You know, you're not wanted here, you know. But at the same time, like you also mentioned it, it started off with smaller rocks, you know, I felt like that could have been them just playing games with you. You know. Yeah, at the same time, it's like you guys weren't bothering nothing. But at the same time, here's another thing to think about too. Uh. It's said that they put believe you know, it's believed that Bigfoot knows people's intentions and they feel people's vibe, you know, like perhaps that maybe because of the company that was there, that none of you guys became welcome, you know. I mean, these are the things that I'm just thrown up there. I'm not saying these are factually reasons but these are these could be possibilities as well that you know, like, yeah, he just didn't feel like you guys should be there, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they He definitely did not want to there, that's for sure. Here's too.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot might have been like saying, I'm trying to get you understand, April, you're with the wrong people. You're gonna be here with these people? Yeah, so yeah, so yeah, I mean, if if it maybe if it was just you, maybe you hey, he would have showed himself or or he would have just like just stayed watching you and left you alone. You know. But oh, so are you eating a chicken sandwich right now? Oh? I think we lost our guests. No, she's still there. She don't hear me.
Speaker 5: Though, my son.
Speaker 1: Oh, your Audia is going out. I see you. You're still on with us, but I don't see you. I don't hear you.
Speaker 5: The sorry, Yeah, my phone was crazy.
Speaker 6: Oh, my dad's hungry, so I'm buying him a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, because I heard something about a chicken sandwich. No, you're fine, No, it's okay, No, it's all good. I thought that was kind of funny. Is like, I heard something about a chicken sandwich in your audio one.
Speaker 5: Uh my phone crappy, I need and I just got the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, oh man, but uh yeah, I'll tell you what. I love talking Bigfoot. You know I love hearing about these experiences. I know the listeners love hearing about all these different experiences. So the again, for those who may have quite I know we kind of clarified earlier, but when you were younger. How old were you with your first experience? We were about twelve, you stay or somewhere around there. I was like this team maybe okay, around fifteen okay, and again that was around Peaks right off right off of Route thirty three West in Virginia.
Speaker 5: Yep, Peak.
Speaker 1: Okay, A good deal. Huh Well, I wanted to ask you, is there anything that you would like to talk about or share before we come to a close?
Speaker 5: Not really, I can't think of nothing else.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this were I will get you. I'm going to get you back out in those woods because you know, I'm going to tell you this is something too fresh on the off of my mind. I think it's important that we need to have females out in the woods when it comes to big pudding. One, because you know, I could tell you some stories either having my daughter out in the woods with me, I've had some very strange and interesting experiences and years ago, I've had girlfriends out in the woods with me where the most coolest things ever happened. And it seems like if there's long, if there's a female present with you, there seems to be something They're like they're drawn into females, females and children. You know, I've had some crazy experiences having both females with me, and especially when Brianna, when Brianna was just a young teenage girl, There's one particular location I used to bring her into. It's over in the Elkhorn Lake area, and there's a certain area I used to go into all the time. Yeah, I used to come on across and find some really cool stuff. But not once have I ever heard any kind of vocalizations. But the one time I do recall bring her into this particular location, it was in the middle of the daytime, and I can't recall the time of year it was. It wasn't cold, but it was I guess mild temperatures. And after we got so far in the keep in mind this particular location. It was a small ridge on the one side of us, and there's an old game trailer we follow the game shows further back, and we just started hiking in there, and all of a sudden, we started hearing these gone awful crazy vocals, you know, screams and whoops and hollers and all this weird stuff. And Brianna asked me, she said, Daddy, are those coyotes? No, those are not coyotes. Because you know, anyone who's ever been to a zoo and walked into a crazy primate exhibit area, I mean, it sounded like a bunch of crazy primeates just sounding off like all at once. And you know, like I said, I've been in this area several times by myself, not once I've ever heard anything like that. But the day I brought her in there, yeah, it's like there was a major sound off. And I'll never forget that. I mean, I thought it was interesting, you know, But then again, like I said, there's other situations where I've had females with me, where we've had tree knocks real close to us in the middle of the daytime. We've had rock I've had a football sized stone thrown at me when I was with the one particular girl. Again, this was years ago in a different part of the national force, you know. And so yeah, I've heard stories from other people saying that, you know, have females always sparked some type of activity. I know there's female Bigfoot groups that go out where it's just all female else they tend to have activity. But so yeah, I always encourage and welcome females with our explorations and everything in between, you know, because it does draw them in, because I honestly believe that they are drawn and some curiosity of the females and children that might be present. Oh right, So yeah, it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: I'll be I'm ready to get back out in the woods, trust me, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you out there. Don't worry about that. I promise you we will get you out there. Yeah, because uh, as soon as this winter's over and we get some decent weather break. I mean, even though my next group camp out was in May, but I plan on getting out there before then if everything continues to work out. I have some personal situations I'm working on right now. I'm trying to conquer and get established and fixed and everything in between. But as soon as I can get that take care of it can put me on more of a schedule, I'll know what I could work with, you know. But you know we have there is a lot going on for the twenty twenty five year, because there's events I got going on that I'll be speaking at out of state West Virginia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina. And there's a new one I got presented with that I might it's not it's not confirmed yet, but there's a possibility I might speak in North Carolina this year. I don't know yet. I'm waiting to hear back because they reach out to me on something and wanted to know if I'll be interested. So they're basically interviewing different people right now on who they might want to decide on who's going to speak in that particular event. So but yeah, there's a lot going on in twenty twenty five, camping probably camping events, speaking engagements. There's some filming projects with my new film series I'm working on that's coming about this year, and so absolutely, but tell you what, we're coming to a close and I April, I want to thank you very much for you being on here and sharing everything you did, and we're gonna have to have you on here because I do roundtable discussions where we just talk about Yeah, we discussed and talk about kinds of random topics. Anyone who's listening know that we've done this a couple of times already. Uh. Some of the discussions go from bigfoot to weird random conspiracy theories and everything in between. So we don't limit our discussions on just bickfoot, but we bigfo it's our main topic. Of course, we will discuss other cryptids and you know, whatever else it comes about. So but yeah, so yeah, we're gonna have you on again soon. And before we go, I'm gonna play ad. I want people to know what's going on for twenty twenty five, So marketing calendars and listen to this upcoming commercial ad I got going on. So stay tuned. ECBRO Bigfoot Radio fans, it's time to grab your pens, your calendars and start writing down these dates for these upcoming events. In the twenty twenty five year February, the ECBRO is hosting a big Foot in lunch gathering in Lectionton, Virginia, happening at the Legendary Eats Cafe. If you have a Bigfoot story, or if you're just a fan of Bigfoot and you want to learn what's going on with the ECBRO and I know who they are and what they do. This event's for you. It's a free event. The only thing that is going to cost you if you want to buy off the menu and enjoy a delicious meal while you sit among other researchers. All right, Moving ahead in the month of March. March twenty nine is a Penalhio parn olmal Con happening at the Tivioty Bigwick Center and Creable, Ohio. Yes, that is also sponsored and hosted by mister Bill Ragbi. All Right, jumping ahead into the month of June. Boy, do we have some awesome stuff going on in June again. I hope you're marking this down and I hope you prepare yourself to attend these events. June sixth, seventh, and eighth happening in Marionville, Pennsylvania, the Forest County Bigfoot Festival. The event that's grown so huge it's unbelievable. You're gonna want to attend this event. Over one hundred vendors, food trucks, and guest speakers. This event is something you want to attend, not to mention if you'd like to go squatching. There is the alleganty National State Forest nearby. You're going to want to check that forest out. It's very squatching. June twentyth and twenty first, happening in Where's Cave, Virginia at the Where's k Community Center is the annual ECBRO Virginia big Foot Conference. Yes, it's right there, being held at the Community Center and Where's Cay, Virginia. Both indoor and outdoor vendors, guest speakers, fun activity, and contest for the kids. You're gonna want to check this out. If you've never been to this event, it's very fun. You get to meet up with other light minded people, get to go out and hang out with them in the evenings around them fire. If you're getting a special invite, you get to have a lot more. You're gonna want to check that out and start becoming a part of that event, because that is not just in an event, it's like a family gathering. That's June twentieth and twenty first, so feel free to check that out. And Ladies and Gentlemen Happening in the month of June Also June twenty sixth, twenty seventh, and twenty eighth, happening in Sutton, West Virginia, is the annual Western Virginia Have Bigfoot Festival. Another massive, huge festival with over one hundred of vendors, all kinds of activity and fun and contests for kids and people of all ages, Guest speakers, celebrities, people you're gonna want to get to know and get to meet and learn Rome ladies and gentlemen. I hope you guys are taking the time to mark these dates and these locations down. If you have any questions regarding any of these events, send an email to ecb ro ninety eight at gmail dot com. All right, yeah, again, I really do hope everyone that listens to these marketings down because one of the things I wanted to bring up to and mentioned, I want to promote more about my upcoming event that's happening in June June twentieth and twenty first, and where's Favorite Ginia. Not only is it going to be all Bigfoot, we're gonna have vendors inside and out. However, the Medieval Renaissance is coming to our Virginia big for a conference. It's not the Renaissance Fair. However, it's going to be just as well, just as good because the group that I have organized that will be attending the event, they have They will have two booths on the inside set up for information and a few things on display, but they will be performing battles and demos outside in the grass field by the outside vendors. So we're going to have a very exciting time at this year's event. I really encourage everybody to come out and check this out and have fun. There's going to be rides for kids, There's gonna be contests for kids. We might even include we might even make something for the adults to come out and do a little contest too, because we love getting the kids involved. Doing the big Foot calling contest, We've had adults do it before, so we're considering bringing that back as well. One thing we might do entering it because I've some of the other events I attend and speak at every year, especially down in South Carolina, they do the Squatchiest Looking contest if and usually it's the adults that come out and if you've got a big, long, hairy beard, long hair, if it looks hairy, if you look like you might be ab the pass as a Bigfoot, which I think that would be a lot of fun. We may end up doing something like that as well. And my my real good friend mister Ron House, he's an Air Force veteran. Uh. He lives in Pennsylvania. He's my uh. He's been my event to MC for the last few years, which he'll be there this year. For those who don't know him, he's also known as Biker Bigfoot. Dresses up as Bigfoot but wearing his leather chaps because he does drive a Harley, so uh, there may be some extra activities with him involved in it. So we also have we'll have a couple of different bigfoots roaming are event this year because I got some good friends of mine from upstate New York who hold the Rochester Paranormal event. The one who organizes and puts that on him and his partner will be coming down. He dresses up as Bigfoot. You'll see him because I know last year and no it wasn't last year. He wasn't able to make it last year, but the year before uh, he was in his Bigfoot costume with a big tea shirt. He said, three hugs, sou they are returning this year. So we're gonna have a couple of big bigfoots on on on on the grounds attending the event. And also I can't completely confirm it, but they said they will be there for anyone that knows about the Wall Crawler also known as Spider Man that roams the city of Stanton, Virginia. Yeah, when I reached out to him, he had no idea about the event. He was so about this, he says, he says, I'll be there. So so ladies and gentlemen, you may be able to get your picture taken and see Spider Man. Yeah, I mean so between Bigfoot, the Renaissance groups and they're retire and Spider Man. So we got a little bit of cosplay going on here this year. So if you want to come out and participate in your own attire, if you're a Cause player, we will love for you to come out. We really encourage cosplay. If you want to make yourselves known that you're going to be there, reach out to us at ECB R O ninety eight at gmail dot com. Because we love our Cause players, We love people dressing up as to the entertainment and it could also be educational based off of what you're dressed up as. I know. One of the things we considered if we had people that confirmed that they were going to be there, is possible Bigfoot encrypted theme cosplays we can maybe do contests with. I know other events here in Virginia that friends of mine had put on in the past had contests. If that's something we can get enough of enough attendee to want to cosplay to dress up as a crypted that would be great. We could form a contest on that. But this year's twenty twenty five ECBRO Virginia Biffer Conference is going to be a lot of fun. So and yeah, April, I definitely need you to be there. I know, I know Brianna, hopefully she will make the way to be there because I don't need all of g'all's help, So y'all, we'll be there absolutely. And also we have I do have my part of my resource team that helps volunteer with the vendors and everything. So we have around twenty vendors signed up already, and so we still have indoor space room. So if you want to sign up as a vendor and be inside, you better jump on board now because we're going to be filling up the outside very soon, and we do have a few food trucks signed up with us already. We have room for more, so we encourage everybody to get on board, jump on board, and reach out to us again. The email is ECB ro ninety eight at gmail dot com. And if you're a listener of ECBR big Foot Radio, please we encourage you to share our content, share the podcast itself, and spread the word because our podcast are being shared and listen to you all around the world. According to our analytics, the United States is the biggest listenership, but we have Canada and so many other countries all around the world that are listening and tuning into this. So we appreciate what you guys do. We're glad that you're listening. But if you're a traveler, we love to have you out at our event. We are a growing organization. Our event's been held for over six years and they're getting They're getting bigger and better every year, so we encourage you to come out and check them out. So, yeah, April, it's gonna be a lot of fun this year. We've got some stuff going on. I know, I'm gonna make sure you get included in a lot of this and.
Speaker 5: That's when you miss the Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Mike. Well see, I've only been learning about the Spider Man for the last few months or so because I mean, I've heard Brianna mentioned it, because this guy walked around town looking like a spider Man and a spider Man constant.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, pictures of him on a light pull up and state and I don't know if he's seen that or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think I've seen that. I'm not really sure, but yeah, I mean in one of the local Facebook groups, the Stanton, Virginia Facebook group, I hear people bring him up and talk and mentioned him quite a bit. So I was like, when I started hearing more and more, I was like, wait a minute. So I left the comment in one of the groups or on the one of these posts, like Hey, how could I get in contact with him? I said, I think he would be great to have at my event. So I was able to reach out to him, like he did respond to me, and I was waiting on some further confirmation. But you know, I wanted some pictures because I want to promote it in the the event page on Facebook. But but as far as I know, he said he'll be there. But once I get some more confirmation, I will promote that more. I want to include something for everybody. I want to you know, you know, because the biggest event that usually goes on in the Shenandoa Valley is normally around October, which is the Day and Days Event, which is a huge event. From from my understanding, I've never been there.
Speaker 5: Yes, But then.
Speaker 1: Well here's a couple of things. Their vendor costs are highly expensive. And the thing is I've had I have repetitive vendors. I have a lot of the same vendors come back every year. Because the one thing I want people to know is that my vendors sell out of their products. So and we don't charge everything that the Date and the Days event charges. They charge two or three hundred dollars for vendor feeds, three to four hundred dollars for a food vendor. No, we're not that expensive. We started off cheap, but I had it up to prices because my venue costs have gone up. So yeah, for inside space where a ten by ten is one hundred bucks, but it covers you for both days outdoor events. I mean outdoor vendors are seventy five dollars. We do have double we did have double spaces, which our double space spots are sold for the inside. But yeah, we still have some regular ten by ten spaces available and as far as outdoor space, we have tons of space for the outside, so we encourage you to jump on board and definitely take advantage of that. But so i'll tell you what we're gonna call this, uh call this a night. And again, I can't thank you enough for being here, and oh absolutely absolutely, and I'll be in touch with you after we jump off here and I'll jump in my car, come bine and get some tacos and all right, hey, you have a good night. So there you go. Yeah, well I'll take a chicken sandwich like you get your father.
Speaker 8: I got you, all right, done deal, done deal sounds good.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah you keep it, keep it squatchy and U until next time. All right, you too, name.
Speaker 2: The name, name the name data the.
Speaker 1: Name Still, ladies and gentlemen, if you're not subscribe, if you're not following ecbr O Bigfoot Radio, and encourage you to do it now because we're just going to get bigger and better, subscribe, follow whatever it takes to be a listener of ECBR Bigfoot Radio. You can listen to us anywhere, anytime, on the go, so be a follower. Thank you very much, and keep it squatching and share this content to your friends and family