Speaker 1: Small bat.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: We're righty, Good morning, This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 2: I know ladies and gentlemen. Gee right, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Baby, wakey, wake your hands off those cupcakes, and good morning. Welcome to another wet day here in beautiful almost crime.
Speaker 2: Free Houston, Texas. All right, not so crime free.
Speaker 4: It's Wildcard Wednesday, and it's wet, very wet outside. Ninety percent chance of thunderstorms pies them around seventy two today.
Speaker 3: Wildcard will be the.
Speaker 4: Instagram feature today, and I see it's already getting a bunch of looks.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: What else are we doing today?
Speaker 2: On the show?
Speaker 4: Hammer and Hank going for win number four fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, the Freeway Battle.
Speaker 2: I asked you.
Speaker 4: Guys, what games you wanted to play this week. Freeway Battle came in from a lot of you. That's gonna be for that two hundred and fifty dollars a living space as promo card Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: So we'll play Freeway.
Speaker 4: Battle at seven to twenty, Buzzfest tickets at eight twenty, Alternative Income at ninety ten, chance on one of one thousand dollars, and then Marty Grog Galveston. How about getting on a float with me and on doing all that.
Speaker 2: Fun stuff done at Marty groarg Galbiston in a couple of weeks. We'll talk about that at the end of the show. Right now, I got my man Alex over here holding down Houston's headlines. What you got, Good morning ride, Good morning home room. Mark Fogel, the American teacher that was held in Russia for three and a half years, is back in the US after being released. Fogo had been sentenced to fourteen years in prison in Russia after a small amount of medical cannabis was found in his luggage. The US condemned his sentence and called it a wrongful detention. President Trump called the terms of Fogo's release very fair, he confirmed last night while he awaited well to welcome back Focal to the United States.
Speaker 4: And there's mused to be somebody an announcement of somebody being released to one.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, that's awesome. President Donald Trump also signed an executive order yesterday granting Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency to increase its authority over federal hiring and downsizing initiatives. The order mandates that most new federal hires received the department's approval, aiming to streamline government operations and reduce waste. Musk defended the aggressive cost cutting measures, acknowledging some errors but emphasizing the need for their actions. The restructuring by the Department of Government Efficiency has led to significant budget cuts and layoffs, with legal challenges blocking or reversing some of the decisions that have already been made so far. According to the site bet MGM, the Philadelphia Eagles are the favorites to win next year's Super Bowl at plus six fifty odds. Does the winner.
Speaker 3: Always become of the following season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which means they're absolute frauds and just like they were overrated if they don't win it now, So no precious, no pressure. Chief's on Philly are not even the second favorite. Ravens had the second best odds to win it, followed by the Chiefs and Bills, who are tied for third. The the Lions are fourth, and the forty to nine Ers are fifth. The Texans had the tenth best odds to win the Big Game. If you put one hundred dollars or the Texans to win the Super Bowl, you'd win twenty five hundred on top of that, hundred acter set Rogan doesn't understand why people care about his decision not to have kids, saying, quote, if you hate me so much, why do you want more of me? He had been pretty outspoken about not wanting to have kids and got some backlash for it. Rogan also went on to say, you should just have kids if you really want kids, and we just don't really want kids. Time kept going on, and by the moment where we were just like, let's do it never kept happening.
Speaker 4: I do think it's weird that you would attack somebody for their stance on not wanting to have children.
Speaker 2: It's weird. You'll understand it to your parents. You can't love like I hate those people. I hate those people like I absolutely understand the appeal of not having a kid. You're like, I can sleep whenever I want, I can do this, I don't have to worry. Who does get why people choose that? Chelsea Handler does that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chelsea Handler's like, I'm single, I don't have kids. I can wake up and smoke weed and do whatever I want, run around in my paonies.
Speaker 2: I like having a kid, but I understand the appeal of not having Yeah, absolutely get that.
Speaker 4: It's also weird that Seth Rogan made the announcement that, like, hey, me and my wife, we don't want to have kids. We like doing this this whatever, we can do whatever. So you know that people on the internet are gonna have feelings about it.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's a lot of it seems like it could have been rage bait, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The life of late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton was celebrated with Cliff Burton Day and what would have been his sixty third birthday over the weekend. A special live stream included video of special fest festivities, which were held on Saturday in California. Burton played on Metallica his first three studio albums and co wrote classic songs like Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Fade to Black, as well as Master of Puppets. He was initially replaced by Jason Newstead, who stayed with the group until two thousand and one, when Robert Trehillo then took over. Those are you Ston's headline?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was this big live stream and we have the video for you if you want to check out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna us a blog page today.
Speaker 3: All right, I guess you're going with NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Phoenix Suns of the Toyota Center. There's six and a half point favorites coming into this one tip box at seven thirty, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We're one day away from Astros pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training. That is what's going on in sports. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Four hours of pain starts right now. You want that first phone call, we'll come get it. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get us started today? Seven one, three, two two five. Strap yourselves in Wildcar Wednesday here.
Speaker 2: On the Rod Ryan Show. There we go.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, the buzz.
Speaker 2: Butthole, Surfers, Pepper, and we are often running four hours of pain. Rod Ryan Show, Wildcar Wednesday Edition.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being a part of home room and being up dark and early and wet and early with us. Yeah, we got ninety percent chance of thunderstorms. You know you're trying to track this stuff to see. Okay, when's the worst chance of rain? Because it's gonna be cloudy all day today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be getting sprinkled on throughout the morning, and then it goes up at ten o'clock ten eleven, your best chances of rain, and then it's just kind of kind.
Speaker 4: Of be just cloudy and nasty outside all day today. Obviously it's cooled off quite a bit, so.
Speaker 2: We're gonna deal with that today.
Speaker 4: I came in this morning and I panicked and wait, well because I waited for Chili to walk in. And then and Chili comes in, and you know, he comes in. He opens the door and he calls us a name, and he says good morning, you know, like he does every day. And then I said, dude, have we been asking people to sign up for read my Lips on Thursday? He said, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: It's been up. It's been up since Monday. Never worried when Chilli's I know, Chili gets it done. He's not just snapping. That's why he's so fresh. Is he naps and he's ready to go. He's firing on all SI.
Speaker 4: I just hadn't mentioned it at all, and I just I don't know. It hit me last night. I'm like, oh, Damn, I haven't said anything about people signing up for read my list.
Speaker 3: We you know, we've been having fun.
Speaker 4: It's been really, really awesome having listeners come in and play read my Lips every Thursday. So there is a chance for you to sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan's Show blog page at the buzz dot com sign up. We will be picking a name today by the end of the show nine to fifty ish to come down and play read my Lips.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow and two winners.
Speaker 4: So far, we've done it five weeks I think, and there's been two winners, so that's not bad numbers for.
Speaker 2: The listeners though.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's there for you. On links and guests.
Speaker 2: Hammer and Hank's going for win number four freshout of bad Head.
Speaker 3: You had more concert.
Speaker 4: Tickets bullet for my Valentine tickets going to the winner today?
Speaker 2: You kidding me? It's been a good week to play. Can you beat Hammer and Hank? He's going for win number four?
Speaker 4: Miao, Wolf Radio Ta, We've got tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback Freeway. I haven't even I mean, I've got my stuff here. I haven't picked my freeways or I haven't announced my freeways yet. Are we gonna go the it Baytown East Freeway. We're gonna go Katie Freeway, Gold Freeway, North Freeway East tex. I can go six ' ten loop, I can go to ninety Northwest. I can go to eighty eight South. I don't know where I'm gonna go yet. I'm not sure. I'll take suggestions, maybe on what freeway I should have? Battle out each other, battle each other. At seven to twenty this morning, Buzzfest tickets. At eight twenty, A lot of people calling.
Speaker 2: Kids name time for the first phone call in the name. Yeah, let's say Brandy got through first.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brandon, Brandon, Brandon got the first call.
Speaker 2: Should he say hello to me? I will talk to him as soon as he says hello, Brandon, Brandon. Try this again? Be dougkay boom. Let me try it again, brand Are you there then? Brandon? Brandon? Phone A, Okay, let's try this one. David. Can you hear me? David? Can you hear me? This isn't great.
Speaker 3: This studio sucks.
Speaker 2: Phone A phone B microphone yesterday? Yeah, okay, Well we got to get these phones squared away. Let me try B. Hello, try B Brandon. Can you hear me on this side.
Speaker 4: Brandon, mmmmmmmm okay, well that's really that's really fun.
Speaker 2: Chili. Can you hear me in your room? Yeah? He was coming in here, he saiding make that Oh he was coming in here. Okay, uh yeah, yeah I can hear you. You can't hear me.
Speaker 6: I try to close that X screen, close it out, and then open it again.
Speaker 2: And see if that will fix that. Try unplugging and plugging it back. Can put it in Rice? Yeah, put in Rice? Okay, let me try this again. You blow on it.
Speaker 7: The Mario Brothers Clark.
Speaker 4: Sorry, guys, I gotta switch this over like right on the air, Live with you guys, patrol the leak, which I already did this morning.
Speaker 2: And I double checked in so we know you did come in here. Okay, I'm gonna try this again. See if this works. Brandon, can you hear me now?
Speaker 7: Yes? I can?
Speaker 4: Hi go Yeah, I just had to Joe Accord Hi Branding, good morning. I don't have a lot of time with you, but you got the first phone call. How are you today?
Speaker 7: Doing great? I just want to talk about Dave King and the whole flogging Molly situation. A complicating factor is that, but get this Flogging Molly. They do an iris Last Punk Rock cruise every year.
Speaker 4: Wait time out, let me just see that. Hang on, let me just make sure our audience, everybody knows what's going on here. Dave King is the lead singer sure of Flogging Molly.
Speaker 2: And then I.
Speaker 4: Shared with everybody that I'm a big fan of this old band, this old rock band called fast Way. He was a kid, he was the lead singer a fast Way, but most of his career has been spent being the lead singer of Flogging Molly. And they've had to cancel everything in twenty twenty five due to Dave King's health. We don't know specifically what it is, but you're telling me there's a cruise involved that is also going to be that they're obviously they're not playing it.
Speaker 7: If they were scheduled, well, its sales out of Miami this Sunday, so they had to make a decision. The rest of the band is going to be on it, and they're gonna do some sets, but I mean, the cruise has other bands on it, so I would imagine they're gonna have guest spots and other bands helping them out.
Speaker 4: Is it is it built as a flogging Molly cruise.
Speaker 2: Are they the headliner and it's their cruise?
Speaker 7: They they are the headliner, It is their cruise. Why that is awesome? And there's a global community rod that goes on this thing every year and I'm part of it.
Speaker 4: Is it? Is it Irish centric? Because they are an Irish rock band?
Speaker 2: I mean? Is it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 7: Did they kind of do it every other year? That's like this year they're doing more Irish centric. So but we know, who knows what's gonna happen in the future, But every other year they do more like old school hardcore punk.
Speaker 4: Would we know any of the other bands? Would we know any of the other bands that are on the bill?
Speaker 7: Well, it depends on how how I went to punk. You are. There's a band called the Street Dogs. We're excited about them being on it this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, short answer, probably not. Most of us won't know the other bands.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably not.
Speaker 2: Okay, well yeah we we alex.
Speaker 3: We've covered this.
Speaker 7: Well, The Offspring was on it two years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, we've covered Dave King. We said that we can't remember if he was either on like a bud Light Weenie Roast, the Floggy Molly. They played the middle of the day. Either that or a buzzfest. I can't remember. I've seen them live. They're great, and like I said, I don't know how much it was a buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then were you a fan of his working fast Way? I mean, like that's.
Speaker 7: Old, but he was that is before my time.
Speaker 4: He was a kid. When I'm saying a kid, he was twenty one twenty two, the lead singer a fast Way and they had some hits. Dude, you should go check some of that stuff out. It's just straight up rock band stuff, all right, dude, I appreciate it. Have a good time on that cruise. I did not know that they did their own cruise, but I do know that Floggy Molly has a huge, massive following, and we wish Dave King the best on the.
Speaker 2: Flip got a reck check for you.
Speaker 4: We'll find out what's trading and then we'll get set up for our fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock Houston's.
Speaker 9: Alternative and tell him at the rod Ryan Morning shown the Bus.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back rod Ryan Show on this Wildcard Wednesday. Thanks for being up, Dark, Moist and early with us. I know how much you love moist, but that's what we got. Ninety percent chance of thunderstorms. It's gonna kind of be drizzly and rainy and skanky for most of our morning, and then ten o'clock is when we're really going to see some thunderstorms come down. Um, let's find out what's trending. Have you seen Pete Davidson recently?
Speaker 2: I saw him at the Super Bowl wearing Eagles stuff, even though he supposed to be a Giants fan. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, but he was fully clothed. He's doing some ads now. He's got all his tattoos removed.
Speaker 2: I know he had started removing. I didn't know he got him all done yet. Two hundred thousand dollars, he said.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to see a bunch of shirtless Pete Davidson.
Speaker 2: He looks like he's kind of hitting the gym too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but ask anybody about tattoo removal, they'll say it's way worse than getting a tattoo. And he had him. We all know he had him everywhere. Over two hundred grand, he said to get rid of it. So I don't know how much makeup is involved, but it's weird to see him like not one tattoo on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got him all removed. Yeah, so I'm seeing that around, but else we'll not gonna be training. Then Mark Fogel is training the American teacher that was held in Russia for three and a half years. He's back in the United States after Trump made a deal. And then also trending is Harry Balls. What Harry Balls is trending because Elon Musk changed his name on X to Harry Bowles Bolz and then Seeing ended a whole segment on it where they said Harry Balls like twenty times, and then it was a viral video. So that's what I got from that, and that's it's training. And I even buy the buzz.
Speaker 4: The fact that these billionaires still like to troll. I don't know if it's all the billionaires. I think it's this specific one definitely does.
Speaker 2: Okay, the President's a billionaire. He likes to show. All right, all right, bring our guy over here.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody, five time Hall of Famer Ham, Good morning everybody, five time Hall of Famer Hammer and Hank still at it. I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day Champion, two questions, two answers, Rod, I know you're keeping track of that. Yeah, join me on Wednesday when I make it win number four bitches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm definitely appreciating the low question usage more than I ever have in the twenty one years of this show. Two one, two five If you want to play and only if you're gonna use two of my questions.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. It's pop a roach and no apologies. Hope you're up to an awesome start to your day today.
Speaker 4: I think we got everything kind of squared away here in the studio.
Speaker 2: Me a little nasty outside thunderstorms.
Speaker 4: The heavy stuff's coming down at around ten, but it could be sprinkling all morning for your drive into work.
Speaker 2: So I mean, not one of you will leave early, So that's fine, that's fine. Don't listen to me. Don't listen to the guy in the radio. What does he know? Really? Not much.
Speaker 4: Again, today we're gonna be picking somebody for reading my lips to come down and join us in the studio tomorrow. It'd be nice to get one of you homeroomers to join us. You know how much I love you guys in homeroom. So if you haven't signed up yet, and if you're able to come down to the station tomorrow and join us to play live version of Reading My Lips, it's uh, you played last.
Speaker 2: Week, so it's chill. It's chili. Yeah, yeah, it's chili. You would be playing him.
Speaker 4: I don't know for what prize, but you know that you.
Speaker 2: You leave with what you came with. If you lose. These guys are they don't mess around.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 11: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Hammering Hank, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hey dude, five times in the Hall of Fame. You got what three victories under your belt right now? Going for win number four? Is this all correct?
Speaker 2: This all correct? Okay?
Speaker 4: We have somebody on the phone really like a whole song and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah a frog, Jeremiah, good morning, Good morning brother.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, are you a fresh fish?
Speaker 2: I am? You get your own song and everything already? Hello, early on all that stuff. Jeremiah. Listen, come on, get in the boat fish. Come on and get in the boat fish fish, Come on and Get in the boat. Fish, get in the boat.
Speaker 4: Jeremih's a lot of work already. Welcome to Welcome to the game, dude boy, talk about rolling out the red carpet for someone that's never played before. Good to finally get you on here, Jeremiah. Hammer and Hank's really good. So I don't know anything about you. I'm just saying you have to put the pedal to the metal here against a five time Hall of Famer. Shock the world, Jeremiah. By shouting out your name before Hank. Do it twice. You could win tickets to bullet My Valentine April seventeenth. But more importantly, you would beat a really good player, and I'd invite you to play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah.
Speaker 4: You want to do all that, So let's hear your go okay, make sure that you're sounding okay, Jeremiah, say hello to everybody.
Speaker 2: Hello, there you go. You sound good. Hammer and Hank, you're ready to go, right, I'm ready. We have a great concert ticket in there.
Speaker 4: But man, Jeremiah had the music, you had the fresh fish drop.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Jeremiah.
Speaker 4: You know you're just shutting out your name, right, Yes, okay, you got to do it before, Hank, Here we go. Question number one, still going with Nicole's questions, Question number one, what little rubber thing removes pencil marks? Hank eraser an eraser? Very good, little rubber question. Jeremiah, lot quicker. You gotta be a lot.
Speaker 2: Quicker on that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's different when you're playing, right. You probably played in the car before, probably won every game.
Speaker 2: And now and now you're on the radio and it's like, Wow, it's faster when I'm here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer?
Speaker 4: Question number two, What yellow skinned cartoon character says Hank.
Speaker 2: Jeezy got in there? Quick?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Hank, Mark.
Speaker 2: Is Mark Simpson, Bart Simpson.
Speaker 4: No, I thought that you timed it perfectly, but you didn't hear the last clue. Jeremiah, what yellow skin cartoon character says? Dough?
Speaker 2: That's for you, Jeremer. Homer, Yeah, Homer Simpson. I'll accept that as your answer. Homer is correct, that's his name. Who do am I doing that? Okay, all right, Jeremiah on the board.
Speaker 4: Jeremiah, you're one question away from completely shocking the world. Let's see Jeremiah and Hank Alex listen, carefully.
Speaker 2: This could be interesting.
Speaker 4: How many fun facts does Rod usually give out in the morning, Hank three? I always give you three, yeah, dude, all right, and you know, Jeremiah, you were just starting to get comfortable. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like the first one Boom deer in headlights, second one you had an opportunity, Hammer and Hank's beating, and then I felt like you got the confidence you needed. Two or three more questions maybe, but that's not how we do it. Hank beats you, and uh, I think you just started to get your groove.
Speaker 2: Dude. I hope you play again. Absolutely, absolutely all right, Jeremiah. Good to have you on. Hank.
Speaker 7: Whoo.
Speaker 2: That's what U. That's what Hall of Famers do. That's exactly what Hall of Fame is. That's exactly what Hall of Famers do. Hank. Do you want to play tomorrow? Absolutely all right, dude, nice game.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on.
Speaker 3: Ninety four, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's twenty one pilots and ride. Well, come on, guys, the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 11: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody, this is Hammer and Hank five time Hall of Famer, still holding sorry, Rod, we needed three questions on that one, but still taking out that fresh fish. Making me your fresh out of bed head to head four day champion, Join me on Thick Thursday. I'm gonna love the sound of be in a six time Hall of Famer pitches.
Speaker 4: I feel like we have like a country western superstar lead singer in Hammer and Hank.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, like we're just to the Hank Williams. The sound of his voice, he sounds like, what's the what's the country.
Speaker 4: Guy that's on American Idol? Yeah, that guy Blake Shelton. That's what those that's or no, he was on the voice.
Speaker 2: They're all the same thing. Yeah. Maybe he sounds like it's Morgan, Morgan, Whalen, Stony LaRue, Yeah, Stony LaRue. Hank's got a cool accent, Wiley hob he sounds like he sounds like, Yeah, that's what he sounds like. He sounds like he's right off the Chattahoochee River. He got it in the microwave.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm sorry I said anything.
Speaker 2: Heck, you sound great. You're doing awesome. You sound like a country star.
Speaker 12: It's the fun back to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 4: Any time I don't know anybody, I'm like, I don't know stony LaRue or something.
Speaker 2: Is there a stony LaRue? Yes, there is a stony LaRue. Right, you don't touch the ground. All right, here we go. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about things that you know can maybe turn into some great stuff for you. I got some new fun facts for you today. I've heard this before. Tom Hanks has a brother. His name is Jim Hanks. Hey hell Jenks, James Jay Bone Jay Bone Hanks. Okay, gosh JANKI Panky Hanky is his name. Tom Hanks has a brother, Jim He I think somebody told us once that he when they showed the distance shot of when Forrest Gump decided to start running, he got off the porch and just start and just took off. Somebody said that was Tom Hanks's brother. I've heard that before because he looks like him, but he sounds like him. Jim does the voice of Woody in everything except the actual Toy Story movies. He handles the video games, the dolls, the TV specials, everything what he outside of the actual movies is J Bone Hanks.
Speaker 2: J Bone.
Speaker 4: Does your brother sound like you? My brother sounds nothing like me. But Tom Hanks is a very very distinct voice. And if you think about it, Colin Hank sounds a little like Tom too.
Speaker 2: Like his cadence. I don't think his voice is the same, but he has the same cadence with the way he speaks.
Speaker 4: He has that little freak out thing when he goes to the next level. He sounds like his dad. Yeah, all right, mister T p T Boone T Bone, mister T Bone, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 4: Mister T's original set of gold chains came from people who lost them or left them after fights when he was working as a nightclub bouncer.
Speaker 2: That yeah, he he. Mister T was the man back in the day. Man, he was awesome.
Speaker 3: The eighteen eighteen clubber lang right.
Speaker 4: For the Rocky movie, George Washington's dentures were partially made from hippo tusks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's neat. That is neat eats. The fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 12: We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 2: He's a work I thought that was funny. How you're funny? You're funny.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, guys, I have a meal Wolf tickets. I got a pair of meal Wolf tickets for you, if you uh your fun The female blanket octopus is seventy times larger than the male. She's six feet tall. He's about this big seven one three, two one two five nine four five About how big is the male blanket octop plus seven five feets? Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain kat Well.
Speaker 2: That's right, because we were talking about their reproductive stuff yesterday.
Speaker 3: Angry with I've been doing on Wall Street. Yesterday it was a.
Speaker 13: Mixed down Wall Street. The Dow was up one hundred and twenty three points. Kick off this morning at forty four thousand, five hundred and ninety three. NASTAC down seventy to nineteen thousand and six forty three benchmark ten year Treasury. It's trading at a four point five four percent, and oil is seventy two dollars thirty five cents of barrow to the most actives, the big studs Coca Cola, Apple, and IBM. The big duad salesforce, Honeywell and Cisco. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer Price Index for January right now, futures on the downside.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm mat here.
Speaker 13: This is Howland Manager director with Raymond James, The lod Ryn Show. Fro Raymond James saying Fliland, I guess and no forget toys rockout with your stockout.
Speaker 9: Opinions expressed are those at Aland and not necessarily those of Raymon James associate than come, I'm NYC AS IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational purposes. On the Stones Duds are based on movement as reported by Young.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Thanks so much for having us on. Let's go it's your fuck back. Looks like Kobe might be on here. Kobe is it right, yes, sir?
Speaker 7: Good morning brother Rod and Cruz.
Speaker 2: Hey Man Kobe, how are you today?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: Doing well? Ready to yih take names?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I need in my life.
Speaker 2: The female blanket octopus is over seventy.
Speaker 4: Times larger than the male. She's six feet he is around this big one, and dude, you're correct dingas.
Speaker 3: So then of course I couldn't just.
Speaker 4: Leave that alone, right, So when it comes time for lovey dovey, he basically gets all it's just like, swims all up in her and breaks his junk off inside of her and then swims off. So I mean, if he if his whole thing is an inch, can you imagine this little baby OCTAWEENI has gotta be an Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's six feet tall. She's six feet dude, you win.
Speaker 4: Uh listen meow Wolf radio tape and uh they say this is a great Valentine's Day date night do this and everyone else through February twenty first Miowwolf dot com for more info. But Kobe, you got the tickets man, thanks for being in homeroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, much appreciate it.
Speaker 7: You guys have a good morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 11: You have a great day.
Speaker 4: I gotta pick a I gotta pick some freeways here for the freeway battle.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite freeway.
Speaker 4: Alex, I ten I ten I ten Katie or Katie I ten Katie.
Speaker 2: I want to use them today? Okay, Okay, So now we know we have just on that earlier, our first freeway in the freeway Battle.
Speaker 4: It's gonna come up at seven twenty. Looks like we're using the iten Katie Freeway.
Speaker 2: All right, Mabella actually picked the other one.
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta be on that freeway when we play at seven twenty for a two hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty dollars Living Space's promo card.
Speaker 2: It's like a gift card. All right.
Speaker 4: Rain today, It's gonna be drizzly all morning long. Severe, some heavier thunderstorms coming closer to around ten o'clock, Alex says.
Speaker 2: Houston's headlines, good morning, Good morning, Home room. Mark Fogel, the American teacher that was held in Russia for three and a half years, is back in the US after being released. Fogel had been sentenced to fourteen years in prison in Russia after a small amount of medical cannabis was found in his luggage. The US condemned his sentence and called it a wrongful detention. President Trump called the terms of Fogel's release very fair, and he confirmed last night while he awaited fogel arrival, two children and an adult male were hurt in a shooting in southeast Houston last night. It all happened outside of an apartment complex near south Way Drive and Telephone Road. HPD says that three to four male suspects tried to rob the man and ended up shooting and stabbing him. They then ran across the two boys and then shot and stabbed the two of them. The man in his thirties is in his thirties and the two boys are twelve and fifteen. All three victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to recover. Police are still looking for the suspects, though they were believed to all be wearing black.
Speaker 4: I saw that this morning, Like the first thing that I saw when I woke up this morning showed.
Speaker 2: Twelve and a fifteen year old. Come on, man, it's just not that anybody should be shot or stabbed, but twelve and fifteen, come on. Yeah, it was rough news to wake up to to that. Google just released some Valentine's Day stats that show some surprising new trends, like most women saying that they would prefer to stay in this Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't like this at all. I want you all to come out and join us at Cactus Cove. Yeah, I'm fry.
Speaker 2: I think this is I don't. I don't believe this because I feel like if you're like, I'll just do this, she's gonna be like, well, you could have taken me in a night's restaurant.
Speaker 4: But this does this go hand in hand with the you know me getting ready to go out, and then it's kermit the fraud lane in bed.
Speaker 2: Like people don't want to go out? Is that what it might be? I'm not sure, but uh yes. So sixty of women prefer to stay inside. They say that staying at home sounds more fun than going out. Fifty five percent of man agreed, and sixty two percent of those women say that they think a home cooked meal is more romantic than a fancy restaurant.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they're still wanting to do something to celebrate Valentine's Day, just don't necessarily have to go out.
Speaker 2: My wife is cool. She likes it when I cook for her on Valentine's Day, So that's what I'm doing Okay, cool, but she's not really high maintenance, and I think a lot of people that might be high maintenance would want to go to the fancy restaurant. I want you to spend a lot of money. Yeah, okay, all right, what are these other trends? Fifty two percent of women think that Valentine's Day proposals are overrated, So keep that in mind, fellas. Google says, the top trending Valentine's Day this year at the Valentine's Day activity is hitting up an arcade. I don't know if I would recommend that. Is that like a David Busters thing? I guess that's part of it. Also, like there's those barcades that are arcade slash bark. I feel like you'd have to run that by your girl first. After that, it was going to the zoo and then a couple's spa day. Paint and sit parties are also a popular trend this Valentine's Day, which is where you just paint and drink wine. Painting with a twist I think is one of those. I just felt like that was a gals thing to do. I didn't know that was a couple's thing. Okay, cool, be anything Google also says the forty one percent of men want the male equivalent of Gallentine's Day, which is just must they must not know about Steak and BJ Davis and they clearly don't. Which is a month from Valentine's Day. Yeah, okay, so that'll be good.
Speaker 4: Okay, all of this stuff, it's just okay, we're talking about Valentine's Day, which is good. Where an activity is going to Cactus Cove, thank you, the mile of meat, thank you.
Speaker 2: That could be how you find your Valentine's Day evening.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's not forget about the morning show. On Friday, we're gonna have those two lined up on Westheimer. Twenty dudes lined up and girls, you're gonna have to drive by pick out your man, and then meet him that night at Cactus Call.
Speaker 2: Postmode is at it again. He left another giant tip, this time at a bar in New Orleans during Super Bowl weekend. He showed up to a bar called The Howland Wolf on Saturday night, spent twenty five dollars and left the bartender at two thousand dollars tip. But when the bartender tried to cash out, the bar's payment provider wouldn't give her the money because the tip was so big it triggered a red flag in their system. They initially just gave her two hundred dollars, but eventually fixed the glitch and gave her the full amount. The bartender posted their seats social media and said that bud Light was post He's drink of choice.
Speaker 4: He was in a bud Light Super Bowl ad. Oh yeah, so he had to drink he's wrapping. Are you expecting that now? Every single time you see post Malone, it's good.
Speaker 2: Pr for postmode. He can pretty much do whatever. But then everyone's like, well, that's the guy that tips two thousand dollars every time he goes anywhere.
Speaker 4: What if he goes out and gets crappy service he goes, you're gonna hear about, Hey.
Speaker 2: Post bloone was here and he only left twenty percent. That's gonna be a story added him for not giving a two thousand dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just think it's gonna be expected of him now because we're doing so many stories like this.
Speaker 2: That's weird. Jack White has released a new live EP. It's called No Name Live and features five songs that recorded during his tour last year, where he surprised fans with pop up shows in historic clubs around the world. The EP is available on all streaming platforms and the release matches up with his No Name tour, which continues through the end of May. You see how he kind of went ham a little bit on fans that he went off on. He did, what do you do?
Speaker 4: So he put a post out, I've got it on the music blog page and he said, listen, the expectation of you paying money and me being on stage for three hours, it's not happening.
Speaker 2: So he's kind of.
Speaker 4: Talking about Taylor Swift, he's never been for three hours, or maybe Bruce Springsteen, but he said the lasers and the fires, and he goes, that's not happen up my show.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing a set list.
Speaker 4: I'm going to play for as long as how I feel like playing, which is a wild card thing to do. Yeah, but he's doing sets right now at these shows that are clocking in at just under an hour.
Speaker 2: Which is that's not not normal, right, It's about an hour. It's not normal hour and a half. I would I feel like most headliners do about an hour.
Speaker 4: You're talking about on a festival. If you go see a headliner and you pay to go see that band. My expectation and my wrong my expectation is an hour and a half is the men I would I mean, I would.
Speaker 2: Like an hour and a half. I don't know. I feel like there's bands like Taylor Swift either like She's She's three hours, Brice Brice's three hours. But you don't just like randomly do a three hour show. You're either a three hour show guy or gal, or you're not. And so I feel like if you had seen Jack White, you would know that I've seen him twice and he was not that at all. If I go seeing five minutes at a festival one time, then I saw him and ned about an hour.
Speaker 4: If I go see some really old classic rock band in their play at a casino, it's gonna be an hour and ten minutes set. That I understand. But if you're going to see somebody like Jack White, who's still.
Speaker 2: Young in his prime, I would think I'm getting an hour and a half if I'm buying a ticket. And he said, don't expect that. Go read what he wrote. It's not being an asshole, but he didn't go anywhere expecting three hours for a show. Like, that's that's a little much. I think maybe that's what he was pointing out. Yeah, okay, you he might cut some short to some people's liking, but like you can't expect anybody to go three out.
Speaker 4: He said, he's not doing a set list. He said, he's just he's playing how he feels.
Speaker 2: He's a musician, Rogers, I know, I know, he's an artist.
Speaker 3: He's a peacock. You gotta let him fly.
Speaker 2: Sports Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Phoenix Suns at the Toyota Center. Tip Off for that game is at seven thirty. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We're also just one day away Masters pictures and catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Florida. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 4: I want to take some calls on it, Chile, before we start giving away tickets and everything.
Speaker 2: I'll take a.
Speaker 4: Couple of quick phone calls right now. If you go see you pay money and it's just a headliner. It could be imagine dragons, it could be twenty twenty one pilots, it could be the Black Keys. It just you're going to see a band. Let's take the Foo Fighters out who sometimes played for three hours. Bruce Bringsteen these three hour acts. That's not what I'm talking about. If you pay money to go see a Jack White or somebody, what's your what's your expectation of how long they're going to be on stage. I'll take a couple of phone calls on this. I think this is interesting.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five Chili line them.
Speaker 8: Up The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am.
Speaker 11: The buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go ninety four to five, the bus days of the new Touch Peel and stand brod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: In this wildcard Wednesday, all right, seven oh eight, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms highs up around seventy two.
Speaker 2: I wanted to bring back up what Alex was talking about Jack White in the news. I pulled up his Instagram.
Speaker 4: Posts and Jack White is kind of reacting to people's comments about his short set times. Jack White's been out playing put out a five song EP, he says from the official Jack White Instagram. Been hearing a lot of chatter throughout the year of this glorious electric touring about how long our sets are supposed to be on stage, as if the length of a show determines how good it is. I know we're living in a current era where people like to say so and so played for three hours last night and then brag about it the next day. I'll let our fans know now my mind has no intention of impressing y'all in that context. The Beatles and the Ramones played thirty minute ish sets, and if I could, I would do the same At this moment in my performing life. That's actually the kind of show I'd like to put on right now. But there becomes this chatter that the cost of a ticket entitles people to some kind of extra long show.
Speaker 2: I do think that is a good point on the cost of the ticket, where like you're like, when you paid a nickel to go see the Beatles, isn't that big a deal, But like.
Speaker 4: The Ramones you paid, you paid twenty You paid maybe ten dollars to get into CBGB's Ramones probably did fifteen songs and they were done in thirty five forty minutes.
Speaker 2: If you're dropping two hundred bucks to go see Jack White and he gives you forty five minutes. They can understand the like, hey, what the hell.
Speaker 4: Man, But he's putting that expectation out there and he's letting you know, here's my stance on this. So at least he's getting ahead of it, or is he cleaning up the fact that people are mad that he did short sets?
Speaker 2: Kind of a little of both.
Speaker 4: My expectation is if I'm going to see a headliner, not on a festival, So let's take buzzfest out of it, because there are shortened sets.
Speaker 2: Also, if you're going to see.
Speaker 4: Foreigner and the one guy that's maybe still in the band, or maybe nobody's still in the band, and you got some comps at the casino Foreigner Ario station Wagon, they might play an hour. Those guys are in their seventies, so those guys.
Speaker 2: Might play an hour.
Speaker 4: My expectation for a classic rock band like that one hour, okay, But to go see a band Jack White is still in his prime.
Speaker 2: He's probably what forty eight years old?
Speaker 4: Yeah, on an hour and a half out of a headliner. If I'm going to see a band, I know, not everybody's the food Fighter's playing for three hours, he said. The so called bands that brag about it. We know that Taylor Swift plays for three hours. We know Bruce Springsteen plays for three that's a cool.
Speaker 2: Plus to go in to see them. You know you're going to have a marathon of a show. But I think that you can't expect that from everybody.
Speaker 4: Jeremiah, what's your expectation paying your money to go see a headlining band that you love?
Speaker 7: Oh man, I'm saying, as you man, an hour and a half, I mean as much as we pay for take us Now, that's kind of a joke if you ask me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they're playing shorter than that, this is this is an odd teke I'm not nobody surprised, but Jack White being outspoken on something Keith, good morning, Rod.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 15: One hour and a half, two hours of man amm and and you even hit it on the head and you talk about the Ramones. For him to throw out the Ramones and the Beatles is ridiculous. Like you said their songs were two and a half minutes, Yeah, they could play fifteen songs and going even going back to your old school with Foreigner and are you hope because I've seen them also, Yeah, they're putting in an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, are we spoiled? Why do I have that as an industry standard? In my head? An hour and a half. It just feels like I'm getting googled it. It was ninety minutes is average headliner set time that people expect. You ever watched a band? Thank you, Keith.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: If you ever watched a band and then you realize, oh my god, it's over and you look at your watch and you say, well they played it hour and twenty minutes, it seems like you kind of got ripped a little.
Speaker 2: Can't remember last time there was a band.
Speaker 4: That played an hour and twenty minutes, and I was very surprised that I hadn't seen a set that short in a long time. I wish I could remember Case said, good morning, hey brother on what's the expectation for you when you're going to see a band?
Speaker 7: I mean, really, for me, I just want to see a great show.
Speaker 14: The All American Rejects did that for me last year or the year before that. I mean I got there and I think they went two hours, and they went like back.
Speaker 2: Just because it was so cool.
Speaker 14: They had such a fun like theme and everything.
Speaker 7: Seemed like it went very quickly.
Speaker 14: And I've been to other shows that you know, you're there and you're listening to the songs, You're like, oh, I wonder what song they're going to do next, and you're not really.
Speaker 7: As into the.
Speaker 2: Into the whole.
Speaker 7: Atmosphere as you could, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, case, I appreciate the call. Sorry, I gotta cutch you taking a move on these quickly, Johnny, good morning, Hey Ron, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What's up dude?
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it depends on the show you're going to, like the Who Came to Houston, the Korean band, and they don't have a big set list, but you kind of know that going into it. But if you've got a band that you just paid three hundred and fifty dollars to get even those bleed seats forward, you kind of want to jump around for a while and watch their set list. It's disappointing if you spend that much money, especially for US working class people that save.
Speaker 2: Their money to go to shows, and there's nothing there. It's over in forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's not even as long as the Trystar movie.
Speaker 2: How long did the Hu the band you're talking about. Do you know did you time the setlist? Do you know how long it was?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: So my daughter actually went to that show and she said that the show was awesome and they did Wolf told them they're big there and the whole crowd was really, really, really into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the first.
Speaker 5: Band didn't even show up, so I think they only got like fifty minutes out of the show.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And I think they paid like two hundred and something bucks or that or something like that. I did not go to that show, but that's what she had told me about.
Speaker 4: All right, Johnny, thank you man. I appreciate the call. You can read the entire post.
Speaker 2: And if Jack.
Speaker 4: White's your guy, you're gonna have to do what he says he's going to do. He says, I don't have a set list. I'm going to play as long as I feel like playing. And I think that's going to be reflective in the.
Speaker 2: People that are gonna You got to think about do you want to spend your money to go to that because he might only feel like forty minutes that night, maybe he feels like an hour and ten. You can't go by.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what he did last night in another city. He says he's not playing that game. I don't know. I don't know. It's just concerts. We all know how expensive it is.
Speaker 2: Now. I think like if it's a stadium, I feel like it. Nelson depends on the venue. Like if you go to a club, I can see a shorter set list and out of a headliner. If I go to Toyota Center to see a band, I want a longer headliner set. If I go to Minute Made Park, I want to longer headliner set. Yep, yep. All right, Well that's that's on the music blog page today. Go read what he said. Go read what he said. H oh, I don't like it.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative. And the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five bus Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out what's trending, and then we're gonna get set up for the Freeway Battle.
Speaker 2: Oh so, Freeway Battle is coming up. I know you got you gotta do trending.
Speaker 4: We got some thunderstorms that are gonna be kind of persistent throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Your heaviest chances are coming around ten.
Speaker 4: O'clock today, So it's just gonna be kind of wet and skanky out there all day.
Speaker 2: What do you got trending over there? Well, Wildcard Wednesday is trending. Ashland Sharp Houston's own was submitted to us by Eli and a lot of people are checking her out this morning.
Speaker 3: The locals always killed, I always do well.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. He's got a good eye. John Rocker is trending. The former in Ae Braves pitch Sure got into it with Pat Mahomes, senior of Patrick Mahomes's dad, on Bourbon Street during Super Bowl Week last week. And I mean it wasn't a full on physical altercation, but the guy in each other's faces when kind of shouting, and the video, I guess, just started circulating yesterday. So people are talking about that. And then asteroid is trending because experts are worrying about an asteroid that could hit the Earth in twenty thirty two. Know what Pat Morrero was emailing us about this morning. It might have been emailed us with a lot a lot of stuff this matter. Yeah he was concerned with that this morning. But yeah, that's what's trending.
Speaker 9: A knight.
Speaker 2: But by the bush, okay, we're gonna play the freeway battle. What are you gonna win today?
Speaker 4: Eight two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces Okay promo cards. Perfect time to elevate your home at the Living Spaces President's Day event where you can say big on a variety of designs. Two hundred and fifty dollars Man to go spend freely in there. All right, well, alex Uh, you picked the IT ten Katie Freeway. We're going to keep it all I ten. We're gonna do the I ten Baytown East Freeway anywhere. If you're if you're representing both sides of the interstate known as ten around here, you can play this morning I ten Baytown taking on I ten Katie. If you are using those The Freeway battle game works as follower as follows. I got two of you. You're in the car, you're driving, You're representing your freeway. I'm going to give you a subject. You're going to alternate rattling off answers. You can't pause for longer than three seconds, no repeats, no blatantly wrong answers, And we'll go back and forth and fourth and back until we get a winner.
Speaker 2: On the Freeway Battle I.
Speaker 4: Ten Baytown East Freeway I ten Katie Freeway called Chile now seven to one three two one two nine five nine four five to battle it.
Speaker 7: Out a rod Ryan shows.
Speaker 3: Effects include mood swings, mood swings.
Speaker 2: Stone Tuble Pilots, Wicked Garden ninety four or five the bus. Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: That's what I needed, That's what I need.
Speaker 4: Feeling great, pup. You're off to a great start to you today. I know nasty outside, so be careful. Thunderstorm is expected and it's just gonna be rainy and drizzly most of the day. Okay, at two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces promo card, use that as you as you wish.
Speaker 2: They got a big sale going on there for President's Day. We got a game to.
Speaker 11: Play here, still took it.
Speaker 2: Focus on your yep some fun well good try please just try to type. Okay. I picked one freeway, Alex picked the other freeway. We both stuck it. We kept it on. I ten uh Brian it tenant Barker, Cyprus. So he's on the Katie Freeway.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian, Hey more hey today doing great man.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the game.
Speaker 4: I need you thinking fast today on the Freeway Battle game but it is a battle for supremacy on IT ten because Martin is representing the beast side I ten Baytown East Freeway.
Speaker 2: Martin, Welcome to the game.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Good to have you on bro Okay, huge prize up for grabs today. Let me review how the game works in case you've never heard it before. I'm going to give you a subject, and then you guys are going to give me things that are maybe in that category. The subject I'm looking is kind of a category.
Speaker 2: Okay. You guys are going to.
Speaker 4: Alternate, going back and forth, rattling off answers, back and forth. Now, you cannot pause for longer than three seconds.
Speaker 2: You'll lose.
Speaker 4: You cannot repeat whether you've said it or the other player said it, and nothing blatantly wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be the judge it act.
Speaker 4: Yeah, snak or snake guy over there depending a possible answer, Alex, Alex things snakes is an apostle is an appropriate answer for everything. When you have an answer, I will and then I'll move on to the next player. But I will call your name each time to know that it's your time to answer. Martin, you feel good about this Okay, we got the beast side versus the best side. Martin is the beast, Brian maybe the best Brian.
Speaker 7: Are you ready ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, get another little music rolling here for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go boys. The category today, Martin, you're gonna go first.
Speaker 2: After you give the answer again, I will ding you and I will move over to Brian. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Today's category is musical in Truman's Martin, You're on the clock.
Speaker 2: Go guitar, Brian.
Speaker 17: Piccolo, Martin trombone, Brian trumpet, Martin cano, Brian drums, Martin recorder, good one, Brian flute, Martin triangle, good one, Brian harmonica, martinello, Brian xylophone, Martin violin, Brian block and steel.
Speaker 4: Spell it just kidding, Martin. You're on tuba, Brian fiddle. I'll take it Martin.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Couldn't pull it off there, Martin got hung up. Brian is your winner. It's pretty good God. Brian locking the game. Brian, Brian Glockenspiel, A Glockenspiel, Hey man man.
Speaker 7: I tapped into my elementary school days and.
Speaker 2: Should have said snake rattlesnake could accounted.
Speaker 3: Snakes would not have counted.
Speaker 4: Brian, congratulations a two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces promo card. It's the perfect time to elevate your home at the Living Space's President's Day event where you can say big on a variety of designs.
Speaker 2: Dude, go go hamm in that store with that promo card.
Speaker 7: Okay, and thatsic.
Speaker 2: Thank you Glock and Spiel for the win. Like you said, it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good game, boys, good game. It looks like the best side beat out the beast side.
Speaker 2: This morning took focus on your of some fun. Try. It's just try.
Speaker 8: T Ryan Show, Fun ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four, five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Shine Down, and Dead Don't Die.
Speaker 4: We were talking about band setlists earlier this hour. Jack White is on the music blog page and he said, listen, I just want to make sure that you guys know you come to see me. I don't know how long I'm playing, but don't think I'm playing in one of.
Speaker 2: These three hour sets. Shine Doown is a really good example of a band that has such an awesome catalog of music they could play an hour and a half. Solid no monkeying around in between, and every song would be a hit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's how many hits they have.
Speaker 2: I mean, we saw them for a full hour just doing an acoustic set, and they could have gone on all night. I would have been fine with that. Yeah, they could have anyway. Touched the surface.
Speaker 4: Go read the Jack White stuff on the music blog page, and it was fun taking some calls. Most people were kind of on board with the things that I was saying that I have an expectation that that's a good band. In an example, if I go and I pay money to go see Shine Down, which we don't get free tickets anymore. If I'm paying money and you see me at Shine Down, in my head, I have it made up that they're going to play an hour and a half. I'm saying, whether it's right or wrong, in my head, it's made up that that's what I feel is worthy of what I've paid, you know, an hour and a half to buy a concert ticket.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's asking a lot now for Jack White specifically, I think that a lot of people also expect him to do like the full White Stripes catalog, the full Racing Tours catalog, and I think that him as a you know, I'm an artist kind of guy, yep, which is he's a musician's musician. I would say he wants to do things his own way. And I've seen him play White Stretch song. He's done Seven Nation Army, but like, I wouldn't expect him to do the entire catalog. And I think maybe you go there and you're.
Speaker 18: Like, dude, but you had Seven Nation Army. You could done You could have done this, you could have done ring my doorbell, you could have done this. And like, he's gonna want to play his solo stuff. Do you expect him to do all of that stuff? If you're in another band and then you're doing a solo act, do.
Speaker 2: You expect him to do only solo stuff or do you expect all of his catalog from everything. I'm not as big a Jack White fan as you are. I like the hits, I like this, but steady as she goes. You want that when you're at a Jack White show.
Speaker 4: But what I think might not be a bad idea for a Jack White show to be forty minutes.
Speaker 2: For me, he's a pretty messy guy. I mean messy.
Speaker 4: Some of that guitar stuff I'm not saying that he's not a guitar virtuoso, but it gets a little my It gets a little hard to listen to for a while.
Speaker 2: After a while.
Speaker 4: Some of that you were even doing some back back to back to back Jack White stuff in the background when we were talking about it. He dabbles on the guitar a little bit, and sometimes some of that stuff gets a little messy sounding to me. So yeah, Sam says, brother, I'm older now. I really don't care if a concert is shorter. I want to hear the hits. Give me the hits, not your new album. I'll never forget. And he goes on to say Pearl Jam did him wrong. It's like twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: He went to go see them, like they played three songs that he knew. Pearl Jam will do that to you.
Speaker 4: Pearl Champ will play for two hours and you might get two songs off the first album.
Speaker 2: And it is kind of how I go like the way he was saying it. And I don't know if that's because I'm getting old now too, but like you go in with like, okay, it's this band, I want to see this, this, this, this, and this, and then you're all right, well they got that one done. You're like that, all right? The only three they really got or this one, this one and this one. I think we maybe have two songs left and then, like you feel pretty happy. But if you have five songs you wanted to hear and they didn't get to any of them, yeah, well I'm disappointed. No matter how long you played. It was a good conversation to have, and Jack White is definitely spark sparking a conversation right now. For sure.
Speaker 4: I don't expect you to play for three hours. I don't expect you, you know, but Rolling Stones. Look at Rolling Stones played for two hours. Those guys are one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, they have a million songs soon, right, But they don't let you down. You know, they know you're gonna go to a once you start them up. I just keep doing.
Speaker 10: And on that.
Speaker 8: We need to break Easton's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 9: The rock Last Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five, buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The buzz Buzzfest band.
Speaker 2: P O D. Yeah, they've been on a bunch of buzzfests, but.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be joining us and partying with us Saturday, May twenty fourth. We'd like to get you into that party. You can still buy tickets through ticketmaster dot com. I'll be giving away a pair of tickets on this show at around eight twenty this morning.
Speaker 2: So sit tight for that rain today. Nasty. What do we got right now? Let's take a look, all right, So we're in that like, you know, ten fifteen percent chance of rain ten o'clock. He goes up to thirty percent, seventy percent, at eleven eighty percent at noon. So it's pushing back just a little. Not a very pretty day outside, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: But we got Alex here holding down Houston's headlines. What you got, buddy, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Mark Foegel, the American teacher that was held in Russia for three and a half years, is back in the United States after being released. Fogel had been sentenced to fourteen years in prison in a Russian prison after a small amount of medical cannabis was found in his luggage. The US condemned his sentence and called it a wrongful detention. President Trump called the terms of Fogel's release very fair, as he awaited Fogel's arrival last night. Yeah, I was watching that, like, well, what do we give up? We got a good deal? Did you give out the Merchant of Death?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, well I don't know. He didn't say what we gave up. He just said we got a good deal.
Speaker 2: So that was it. That arms dealer last time for a pretty banner. He was a pretty big, pretty big tag. You want her, she's one of the best. WNA. There's supposed to be another release today. Oh, that's on you. I don't know if it's going to happen this morning. I'll as you know, if anything comes across my desk, the newest desk over here. Yeah, you're holding down that news desk. Well, good job. What else you got. President Trump also signed an executive order yesterday granting Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency increased authority over federal hiring and downsizing initiatives. The order mandates that new federal hires received the department's approval, aiming to streamline government operations and reduced waste. Musk defended the aggressive cost cutting measures, acknowledging some of the errors but emphasizing the need for their actions. The restructuring by the Department of Government Efficiency has led to significant budget cuts and layoffs, with legal challenges blocking or reversing some of the decisions that have been made so far.
Speaker 3: What a polarizing dude, man.
Speaker 4: Every time you mention it, anytime I say anything about Elon Musk on this show, bam, bam, bam bam, six emails.
Speaker 2: I'm being partisan in the way that we're reporting this news. Yeah, I'm reading it off of a website. Guys, chill out. Yeah, six emails will come in almost every mention of Elon Musk. Not all bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just he's he's just this lightning rod.
Speaker 2: Right. You can also call him Harry Balls. That's what he changed his names, Did he really he changed it. Yeah, not his like handle, but like the nickname that goes above it. But that was a whole thing, all right. Yeah, interesting, funny guy. According to the site bet MGM, the Philadelphia Eagles are the favorite to win next year's Super Bowl. The Chiefs aren't even the second favorite, though Ravens have that spot at plus seven hundred odds. Chiefs and Bills are the third most likely team to win the Super Bowl. According to this website, followed by the Lions and forty nine ers. The Texans have the tenth best odds to win the best the Big Game next year. If you put one hundred dollars on the Texans right now, you would win twenty five hundred on top of your hundred if they would. Actor Seth Rogan doesn't understand why people care about his decision not to have kids, saying quote, if you hate me so much, why do you want more of me? He had been pretty outspoken about not wanting kids, and got some backlash for it online. Rogan also went on to say, you should only have kids if you really want kids, and we just don't really want kids. Time kept going by, in the moment where we were like, let's do it just kept not happening. It's I don't know. It's weird that he's making he's making this bigger than it is. It's also weird that other people care about other people having kids. Correct.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he was, because he's reacting to the reactions. That's right, that's what your story is. So clearly he has already made a comment about him and his wife. They've made a decision not to have children. That's your decision to make you do.
Speaker 2: You're not put on this planet say you don't have to have kids. You just need to have a child. I'm glad people do have kids so that we can keep this thing going along. You know. Some of the kids turn out to be great, but extinction is scary as well, or is it? But he could have let it go there.
Speaker 11: And he's not.
Speaker 2: He's like, listen, why are you freaking out about me and my wife smoke. We just made that decision. We're not having kids. Chelsea Handler daily puts out stuff on content about her being single and her not having to worry about kids, and she talks about how great her life is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's truly that great, but you know what, she talks about it every single day, about how awesome it is.
Speaker 2: Not worried about a PTA meeting. I've been on both sides of it. Being a parent is cool. I like that, But then also I liked sleeping in too, so that, like, I get both sides of it. Just chill out. Let people make their own decisions. Agree that the life of late Metallica bassis Cliff Burton was celebrated with Cliff Burton Day on what would have been his sixty third birthday. A special livestream included video of special festivities, which were held on Saturday in California. Burton played on Metallica's first three studio albums and co wrote classic songs like Ride the Lightning, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, and Master of Puppets. He was initially replaced by Jason Newstead, who stayed with the group until two thousand and one, when Robert Trhia then took over. I felt it was important to play this song. Did you know this was the bass that's Cliff got out? It was just a regular gutime. You thought it was a guitar. Yeah, most people think it's a guitar. That's a that's Cliff. That's the magic and the wizardry of Cliff Burtons. Like on Seven Nation Army when we learned that was the guitar doing that and not the bass. Right, you're right, your mind's just blown. It's because they didn't have a bass player. Yep, yep, all right. Sports Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Phoenix Suns at the Toyota Center. There's six and a half point favorites heading into this one. Tip Off is at seven thirty and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We're also just one day away, Masters pictures and Catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Floyda. We needed. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 8: Sports Houston's rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 9: The Dry Morning Show six to ten am, ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go ninety four or five buzz. But how Chili Peppers under the Bridge, rod Ryan Show, halfoy part of the show, people up the rain Today, the nasty stuff is getting pushed back just a little bit. Might not be until eleven twelve o'clock that we see the nasty stuff coming down. But it's a little drizzly and skanky out there right now.
Speaker 4: Reminder, hopefully when you hear that bell, you're like, oh, something's happening here, so or just Roger just hit it all the time.
Speaker 2: I kind of hit it all the time.
Speaker 4: Reminder sign up on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page if you want to come down here to the station and play read my lips tomorrow. I don't know what we're looking like, I'll hit up Chili this hour just to see if we're looking good. Do we have a bunch of people that have said that they want to come down and play. I don't know if we should predetermine the prize, but we can. I guess we'll look at that too. So we'll check in with Chili this hour to see how we're looking. One of you is we're giving you the opportunity to come down and play. Read my lips. You will be taking on the Chile, So we will talk to him. It's a pretty funny link up today. I know there's a couple of dudes out there that might be dealing with it too.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: There's a TikToker named Jesse Blockton. He's kind of blowing up right now. It's a really catchy song. I'll play a little clip of it, okay, And it's an anthem for middle aged men, you guys out there running around with your big gray beards, or me who I'd throw in the tonnel. About a year ago, all right, I was I was putting a little just I was putting a little just for men in there up until almost last year, and then I just said.
Speaker 2: Why, just why.
Speaker 4: I'm playing the hand that God dealt me. Okay, like bald in the shape of a pair, and what little hair I have is gray, you know, So on my chin, I just let it go white. I'm like, I'm not gonna just for ment and it never looks natural. Yeah, never looks natural. I'm like, that's enough.
Speaker 2: I feel if I was embarrassed, I'm like, okay, boom, I'm just gonna let it go.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of guys out there that have a dark head of hair, but for some reason, your facial hair it goes great earlier than the rest. So this guy writes a song and it's about the dilemma that you're having. Do you keep the beard and look older but better, or do you shave it off and look fat. Mine's hiding my double chin, my goatee. Listen to this guy's song. It's really really funny. You put together a whole video for it.
Speaker 10: Do you want to look younger and worse older betser that's got the hearse or young Girvin banter.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a curse the former lancer. But you have got to make this choice.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll be singing it all day today. It's go watch the whole video on three things you must see. You know you look older because you got the gray beard, but you know your fat face is underneath there?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? And do you want to keep that hitten? Okay, have a strong jaw line, my dad did. I don't know why I didn't get that emergency poll question, Alex, all right, let's go.
Speaker 4: It's just because I'm getting so many emails on it. A topic that we talked about an hour ago. Jack White is defending his shorter set times for this new tour that he's doing. He put out a five song EP and he's not playing much more than that.
Speaker 2: Pay more than that he is. He said he could cap it at forty minutes, but he can also go as long as he felt like, Yeah, he's not gonna do three hours.
Speaker 4: Jack White is defending his shorter set times when he's out playing live and he just feels like he has to address some of the people that are expecting him to play longer. Yeah, and his stance on it, it all makes sense, and it's just is it our fault?
Speaker 2: Is it my fault? I can only talk about me specifically. I just said we talked about we started the hour with chili peppers. Can you imagine going to a red hot Chili Pepper show.
Speaker 4: Let's say you spend what two hundred and fifty dollars on a ticket?
Speaker 2: Probably that's not outrageous. Now I hate that that's not outrageous, but it's not. It's outrageous, but it's the norm.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine going to a red hot Chili Pepper show and them playing for an hour?
Speaker 2: You'd be upset. I think you would go and take it to your social media and say, what the heck?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: What going on? A lot of people would for sure, well why.
Speaker 4: Because I think, like me, most people have an expectation of a headliner playing about an hour and a half. My question, emergency pole question, how long should a headliner set be to feel like you got your money's worth?
Speaker 2: Sixty percent of our it's really early. I just put this up, emergency pole question. Sixty percent of our audience say an hour and a half. Oh, here we go. Fifty's it just changed. A lot of votes came in.
Speaker 4: Fifty two percent of our audience an hour and a half. Twenty six percent of our audience expect two hours for the money you're spending.
Speaker 2: I feel like two hours is asked.
Speaker 4: All seventeen percent want the show to be over two hours, and just four percent say an hour is fine. How long should a headline lining set b to feel like you got your money's worth?
Speaker 3: A couple of things you got to take out.
Speaker 4: Take the Taylor Swift, Foo Fighter, Bruce Springsteen out of it, the three hour those animals that play for three.
Speaker 2: Hours, they're skewing the numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, take out Animal Milkshake or the Ramones who are no longer around. But these bands that have two minute songs and they can play twenty songs and be off the stage in thirty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, what dude, you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, take that out of it. Because the guy's like.
Speaker 4: Dude, punk shows, I'm like, okay, that's nothing. That's not everybody.
Speaker 2: I get it. Punk shows they're quick poem.
Speaker 4: You got twenty five bands and you're going, you know, you're back at home in two hours. I'm talking about a headlining set, and not on a buzzfest. I'm talking about going to the Woodlands to go see your favorite headliner. Going to and not on a festival or going they can have opening acts, but going to the Toyota Center and going to see nine inch Nails. Okay, I expect how long you want nine Nails to be on stage to get your money's worth. You're gonna spend three hundred bucks to go see nine inch Nails. Probably at this point you're gonna spend more because it's sold out. If Trent Rezord goes up there and plays an hour and I spent four hundred dollars, it's my fault that I spent that money.
Speaker 3: I didn't get in on thickets. But I'll be mad if it's an hour long.
Speaker 2: There's stilling, somebody that's mad that spent that they do two hours to think, what the hell?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just trying to find out what's the expectation. So I'll let the poll question. I don't want to talk about this all morning, but I'll let the pole question breathe for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit and then we'll kind of check in with it.
Speaker 4: It seems early on with early votes that the expectation I'm not I'm an I'm an average.
Speaker 2: Dude in every way hour and a half. It's like I'd like an hour and a half for my for my heart earned cash that I spent on that show.
Speaker 4: All right, let me take a break, let me come, we'll talk about Buzzfest and we'll get you some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm excited rock and alternative where he used to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 9: Morning Show six to ten am the buzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he said, Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: Guys looking at it on our website today, so far it says business as usual. Number one link wild card Wednesday, looking at girls from today, looking at girls yesterday, and then oh, the food.
Speaker 3: Blog page is getting some looks today.
Speaker 2: I like you, Dad.
Speaker 4: You know, we have other things on our links and guests besides looking at girls and the Instagram feature Chris Christy Criminal.
Speaker 2: Blog page, Food blog page. There's a lot on there.
Speaker 4: Plus Chili has sign ups right there if you want to come down and play read my lips.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I continue to see Pete Davidson all over the place with him and his tattoo movel.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Pete Davidson from Saturday Night Live famously dated Kim Kardashian and Ariam Grande and I mean.
Speaker 2: Everybody right who hasn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was coated in tattoos, not all of them. Very good as a matter of fact, most of them bad and that was his thing. Though he got rid of everything. Yeah, he got rid of everything. He got rid of all of it. I knew he was getting rid of a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much makeup is involved with this photo shoot.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's some, because we've all seen people with tattoo removals and you can still kind of see a fint you can still see and if you look closely, you can still kind of see a little bit. But I think they got some makeup on him on top of it. But he said it was incredibly painful. It was over two hundred thousand dollars to get rid of all that stuff. So I see Pete Davison pictures floating around. You know, if he's your thing, he's running around in panties with no shirt on now, So yeah, ladies, so like that, like Marky Mark style, you know, with his Calvin Kleines.
Speaker 2: What else? Apple Maps is trending. They are following Google and they have officially renamed the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America and their app and people are talking about that, and then Wildcut Wednesday continues to trend as it should be Houston's and Ashley Sharp, submitted to us by Eli Goo. Give her a look at the world finished Rodewyan showpage at the buzz dot com. That's trending on night but by the bus twice students so good.
Speaker 3: It's local, Colly, so it's local.
Speaker 2: Like she's here.
Speaker 3: It was like last week's tat Tuesday, she has local and boom she's been.
Speaker 2: She's been blown up ever since. Okay, Uh, Alex, are you going to you going to Busfest? I will be going to bus Best. Yes, So that means you're twins coming. You guys don't do anything without each other. They're legally required to be there as well. I'm going to be there.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 4: You guys want to party with us at bus Best Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion Chevelle. Marilyn Manson Blue October Pod. We just heard Evans Blue Sleep Theory. Tickets available through ticket Master locations. I've got a pair of tickets for you right now. Seven one three Twod's number one fan over there Chile.
Speaker 8: So rod Ryan's Show found ninety four.
Speaker 12: Five the Bus.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five the Bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show Sublime and stick Figure.
Speaker 2: Let's feel like that.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday, number one link local. I'm gonna check it with chili coming up. I want to find out about reading my lips.
Speaker 2: I want to get an.
Speaker 4: Update about our party on Friday and see that we're still squared away with all of our dudes and a ninety percent chance of thunderstorms still expected today. We're all gonna get hit with some rain at some point.
Speaker 2: Go over to the phones here. Good morning, Rob Ryan's.
Speaker 7: Show, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this Lisa? Hi? Lisa?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great?
Speaker 3: What is your expectation for.
Speaker 4: A headlining band if you go to a concert? How long would you like their set to be?
Speaker 7: About? Thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: You want your what's your favorite band?
Speaker 7: Who is my favorite band? I love Blue October?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you'd be cool spending money for a concert to go see Bloctober and Justin and the guys up there for thirty minutes and saying thank you good night.
Speaker 2: You'd be fine with that.
Speaker 7: No, I'm more like an hour and a half. I did oh okay, Yeah you said it like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I put it like that, so I get it. Yeah, thirty minutes. It's like, man, that's like an opening act at Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know short, yeah, all right, hour and a half. Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Hey, your caller number ten.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm gonna give you to Buzzfest and your favorite band is playing. So you got Chevelle, Marilyn Manson. They're the co headliners. You got Blow October before that.
Speaker 14: I really want to see Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 7: I've never seen him.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 4: I think there's I feel there's a lot of people that have never seen Marilyn Manson. We've never seen him on a buzz FESTI before. He's come through town plenty, but he has not played a Buzzfest. He's the only band, maybe Sleep Theory, that has never been on a buzz Fest before. All these other bands we're pretty familiar with. But I'm with you on the excitement of Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: I have seen him.
Speaker 4: I saw him recently too. You're gonna be impressed. You're gonna be impressed. Man, he's at the top of his game right now.
Speaker 7: Least I am excited, excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for people. What a wild variance. Her favorite band Blow October. She's most excited to see Marilyn Manson. Anybody think those two bands are even close to one another. They're not. But that's just how we are now, that's our taste in music.
Speaker 4: We love everything you know. So I'm with you, Lisa on everything you said today. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, thank you, You're awesome. You're gonna be good to party with. You're gonna be fun to party with. Who I got one more thing for Lisa, Lisa, I'm sorry and put you on the spot. One more thing.
Speaker 7: What kind?
Speaker 2: What kind of car do you drive? Right? Right right? I drive a silver Ford Escape, silver Ford Escape. You're good, You're good. I'll tell you why in a minute. But you're fine.
Speaker 4: You're just you're doing a great job out there. If you're doing a great job out there, Lisa, thank you again. Congratulations. We'll party with you at Buzzfest. Why am I asking her?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I was a little nervous if she told me that she was a Tesla driver. Now hang on, let me just say and I'm gonna I'm gonna start this. I drive a BMW. It does have turn signals. Okay, do you just choose not to use them.
Speaker 2: I use them.
Speaker 4: What is it about that particular car? People feel like they want to make fun that. Do you think that BMW drivers do not use their No, we think.
Speaker 2: You're rich, so you think you're better than us. So we're also just jealous that we're not rich. So then we have to find a way to like slight you. Here's what I have found with the BMW.
Speaker 4: It's easier to get in a traffic line or you know, to try to like not not like you know, cut in front of everybody and then right at the last minute, you know, try to I'm saying people like letting you over. I do feel there's a difference what I'm in my tundra trying to get over using my directional, my turn signal, and people like okay, yeah, come on in.
Speaker 2: I feel like BMW at least four cars are going to pass me before somebody's cool enough to let me get what's that about? Like this guy's rich, he can figure it out. He'll pay someone to take care of this. I understand. My sister, who you know, she works for General Motors.
Speaker 4: She's like, you got that Nazi wagon sitting in your driveway I'm like, all right, let's go easy on that, BMW, Volkswagen, both of them. But a new report analyzed actual data from insurance companies and accident reports to come up with a definitive list of the best and the worst drivers by vehicle brand. All right, this is not me, but it is easy to start kind of forming opinions about drivers.
Speaker 2: Do you have an opinion on cyber trucks?
Speaker 3: Like is it douchey?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 2: How do you do you feel one way or another if you see a cyber truck, Because my kids to the point where it's like cyber truck, it's still one of those cool things to point out when you see it. I notice them specifically, like in the morning, there's one that is going to work around the same time as me, and the headline always catches my attention because it's got the like straight line all the way across it. It's like a robot. I don't know. I see people make fun of it a lot. I just to me, they're like just like a tank version of like a hummer mm hmm.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with them. I'm not going to purchase fun.
Speaker 4: I feel like opinions form about drivers solely on what they are driving. A Hummer was an interesting thing. People would think a certain way about hummers back.
Speaker 1: In the day.
Speaker 2: I think with the Tesla it's also like political as well as that.
Speaker 4: See, I feel like most Tesla owners are not Elon Musk fans, but I think people think you are because you're driving a test, right, So I think people make assumptions based on that. You know, So this comes from actual data, not just you formulating your own opinions. Tesla, Ram and Subaru worst drivers on the road. I'm sorry this, I'm not coming up with this on on my own.
Speaker 2: Does it Tesla drive for you?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 2: Really, robots worst drivers across the country.
Speaker 4: Tesla drivers had nearly thirty seven incidents per one thousand drivers throughout twenty twenty four, making them number one worst literally drivers on the road.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to have all the safety features and it's like, we can't do this, Like isn't that the whole point? Does it not do any of the stuff it says it does?
Speaker 4: Like, rob what are they looking at here? Accidents? DUIs speeding and citations.
Speaker 2: Supposed to stop but not getting accidents?
Speaker 4: Number one right, number one. Oh, I'm going to take some heat for this. Ram is second second worst. I guess ramf you think.
Speaker 2: About Rex Rams historically do run into things.
Speaker 4: Ram was worst overall in twenty twenty three. Congratulations Tesla, now number one, you're the worst drivers. On the flip side, Mercury had the best drivers. What they still they don't even make cars anymore. Yeah, that's why we don't even make cars anymore. Like, okay, let's watch talk about Mercury Sable coming through. Uh wait a minute, make room for the Topaz. On the flip side, as texts, Mercury, Pontiac, and Cadillac had the best drivers. Now this is there can't be many Mercuries out On Pontiac, I don't know if they're done. But Cadillac is still making cars, all right. So these cars have half the amount of incidents that the Tesla drivers have. So we know that they're making Cadillacs, we know that they're making new ones. Second straight year that Mercury topped the list.
Speaker 2: Not fair.
Speaker 4: There's just not many them out there, so that I don't buy into all that much. Overall, they considered thirty brands worst. Here's your top ten.
Speaker 2: Panyak has been discontinued since twenty ten. Okay, Mercury's gotta be around their ten. So they're both like, yeah, there's less of them on the.
Speaker 3: Road, so the Cadillac is the only one that really counts on that list.
Speaker 4: Tesla, Ram, Subaru, Audi, Mazda, Molkswagen, BMW, Honda, Infinity, Toyota.
Speaker 2: Top ten worst drivers on the road. A lot of a lot of Subaru drivers I've seen just whizzing in out of place. It's like day they do not have rules when they came out. We always have the racing stripes and stuff on too. It's like all right, speed racers.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wanted to give one away back when they were doing back when like Survivor. I think the second one was the outback. Yeah, and I remember it was a Subaru outback. Let's try to give let's try to go give one away, and we just couldn't. Couldn't get the super people to come off a book, are like, no, you gotta give it one away, all right. Sorry, guys, I know most of you are in your car right now. This is not coming from me, Hope, Tesla, this is absolutely not coming from me. It's coming from Lending Tree.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show on the Bus ninety.
Speaker 4: Four five the Bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That sudd Nirvana and all apologies. Rod Ryan's Show on this wild card Wednesday, we got.
Speaker 2: One Murcury emails. Well, we got one Mercury driver out there, which is good. I wanted to give am a shout out. Adrian Hernandez. He's like rod Mercury table. I drive it and I love it.
Speaker 3: Safest driver on the road.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Adrian Hernandez.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean you bring up cars and then that's and people are just gonna go nuts on it.
Speaker 2: James, as someone who drives.
Speaker 4: A few hundred miles every day for a living, Tesla drivers are some of the absolute worst and rudest.
Speaker 2: Because you think you had a fancy handle thee know when you're doing way, Oh, it's never gonna end. It's never gonna end. That sable is nice. Anybody's driving a Mercury mystique and as the sound the villager was the minivan, I think the villager. Yeah, they had a villager, a mid a zephyr and a monarch. Yeah. Let me ask Chili.
Speaker 4: About some things that we we we need to do today before we leave Chili, we have to have somebody that's gonna come in and play you for read my lips?
Speaker 2: Correct, yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel like it's.
Speaker 2: Weird if we talked to Chili. Don't have this music on.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You're getting me ready for a fight.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I know, I know you're always ready to throw hands. Uh do you have a bunch of people that want to come down and play? Is it?
Speaker 2: We got a couple of people. Okay, yeah, we got a couple of people. I have to go through them.
Speaker 6: But I've been looking at all the new emails that we receive from that and we got a couple of people.
Speaker 2: And then I know you're minding the flock, the flock of meat. Yeah, how are you? I mean, you're shepherding these guys. So this week, how is it looking?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 2: I am many dropouts? We had one, so.
Speaker 6: So I'm finding a replacement right now?
Speaker 2: Who's that guy?
Speaker 8: That's what I was about to call.
Speaker 2: Him right now? Okay, a guy from last night? So remember the guy? You know who that is?
Speaker 3: I just the guy said, hey, dude, am I in? That's the guy that emailed me New Year's Day?
Speaker 2: Oh nice? And said, mile of meat, dude, and he.
Speaker 4: Knows that the tradition on this show is the first guy that asked about at the beginning of the year gets invited. So we we almost went through everything without including him.
Speaker 2: He wants in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm gonna call him. I'm gonna call him in a little bit and let him know that he's in and give him all the final instructions.
Speaker 2: Good, I'm glad we got a space for it.
Speaker 6: And now he's sitting there and then we're looking good. We're looking good, ladies. Y'all be ready Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Friday morning, Alex is gonna be out with the fellas on West Timer.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are they going to suit? Pressed by Guestner, Yes, by Westneimer and Guestner.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's kind of rough Rocky Ridge. Yeah, most people will know where Guestner is. That's where the cutlets are going to be. Twenty dudes on the road side.
Speaker 6: And they're ready. They're ready because they've been like, hey, dude, do I need to bring anything?
Speaker 2: Do I need to bring a sign?
Speaker 6: I've seen you in the photos where guys bring the signs and everything, and I'm like, no, that's going to be provided for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just tell them to you know, scrub up a little bit, you know, look sharp. Yeah, them to scrub up, look sharp. And then just keep your eye on the weather too.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the weather's going to be, but chilly.
Speaker 4: Before we leave today, we are going to pick somebody to come down and play.
Speaker 2: You and read my lips tomorrow. Yes, yes, sir, love it, love it all right, if you would, It's not too late. We haven't made that decision yet.
Speaker 4: So like if you drove, if you drove like a Mercury Bobcat, I'd put you in. If you have a Mercury Bobcat, I'd probably put you right into the just a pet Bobcat put him in.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: So you apply on the world Famous Road Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: If you can come down and join us in studio tomorrow Rock and Alt.
Speaker 8: Tearing and very soon The Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 4: Tventy four fives and Buzz Lincoln Park Breaking the Habit Rod Ryan Shump eight point fifty five Wild Card Wednesday. Still are number one link. A couple more people signed up. That's good man. A lot of people want to come down to play read my Lips tomorrow. You can play against Chile. You can be in studio, live on the radio with us tomorrow morning. One of you will be chosen at about an hour from now, not too late for you to sign up. Do everything that the Man asks of you within reason. On links and guests, Alex One final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone. Mark Fogel, the American teacher that was held in Russia for three and a half years, is back in the US after being released. He had been sentenced to fourteen years in a Russian prison after a small amount of medical cannabis was found in his luggage. The US condemned his sentence and called it wrongful detention. President Trump called the terms of Fogels released very fair. He confirmed that last night as he awaited Fogel's arrival back into the States, two children and an adult male were hurt in a shooting in the southeast Houston last night. It all happened outside of an apartment complex near south Way Drive and Telephone Road. HPD says that three to four male suspects tried to rob the man and ended up shooting and stabbing him. They then ran and came across the two boys and shot and stabbed him as well. The man is in his thirties and the boys are twelve and fifteen years old. All three victims were taken to the hospital and are expected to recover. Police are still looking for the suspects, who were believed to all be wearing black. Google just released some Valentine's Day stats that show some surprising new trends, like most women saying that they would prefer to stay in this Valentine Sixty sixty three percent say staying at home sounds like more fun than going out, and fifty five percent of men agreed with that. Sixty two percent of women say that they think a home cooked meal is more romantic than a fancy restaurant. That sounds like people that have never been to our milage meat party. Well that's the number one place. Because I don't. They must not a factor remil of me, because that, to me would be a ninety nine point nine nine nine percent win rate. At least, it's just a fun time guys, Friday night. Do you hate fun? Do you hate love? Then don't go to that. Then Cactus Cove, we'll see they're starting at about six o'clock. All right, what else are people doing so. Fifty two percent of women think that Valentine's Day proposals are overrated.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Google says the top trending Valentine's Day activities this year Number one is hitting up an arcade, followed by going to the zoo and a couple's spa day. Paint and sit parties are also a popular Valentine's Day activity this year. That's where you just go paint whatever the picture is and then drink wine or whatever you bring. Painting with the twists. I thought that was for the gals. It might be, but then also Google says that forty one percent of men want the male equivalent of Gallentine's Day. Let's go to the bar with you boys, right, chill out. Yeah, you don't have to have a fancy name for it. Post Malone is at it again. He left another giant tip, this time at a bar in New Orleans. He showed up two bar called the Howland Wolf on Saturday night and spent twenty five dollars. He then left the bartender a two thousand dollars tip, but when the bartender went to cash out, the bar's payment provider wouldn't give her the money because the tip was so big it triggered a red flag in their system. They initially just gave her two hundred dollars, but eventually fixed the glitch and gave her the full amount. She posted the receipt to social media and said that bud Light was Posting's drink of choice. He was in a bud Light Super Bowl ad on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Those servers are going to be murdering each other in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got posts, I got posts.
Speaker 4: When post Wallon comes and everybody's gonna be fighting away on him absolutely.
Speaker 2: Jack White has released a new live EP. It's called No Name Live and features five songs that were recorded during his tour last year, where he surprised fans with pop up shows and historic clubs around the world. The EP is available on all streaming platforms, and the release matches up with his No Name Tour, which continues through the end of May this year. Just don't expect to see him playing for three hours. Those are Uston's headlines. What's going on in sports? Well, Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Phoenix Suns at the Toyota Center. Right now, there's six and a half point favorites in that one. Tip off is at seven thirty. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We're also just one day away from asters, pictures and catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Florida. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: What of Uzz Rock, Andal Tearing?
Speaker 7: Very you soon the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 8: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Corn, Welcome to the ninth spot or fourth and final hour together. Nine oh four ninety percent chance of thunderstorms headed our way.
Speaker 4: Some of you are getting some rain right now. I get it a little nasty outside. It's right, not a very pretty day. A lot of clouds on rain to deal with today this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Eh, eh, help you off to a great start to your day. Chili, let us know that some people are coming in for reading my lips.
Speaker 4: We're not playing till tomorrow, but we need to determine who's going to come in and take Chili on live.
Speaker 2: On the radio. That's right, you're the radio star. We invite you into the studio with us and you will take on the Chile in a live.
Speaker 4: Version of Read My Lips. You have to sign up online if you'd like to play. I don't know what the prize is yet, it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be great. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: The voting is interesting.
Speaker 2: How long should a headliner set be to feel like you got your money's worth?
Speaker 4: We've been talking a lot about that this morning. You pay money for a concert, not a festival. We're talking about going to see your band Boom Red Hot Chili Peppers shine down you.
Speaker 2: How long do you to get your money's worth? What do you feel like they should How long should they play? Forty seven percent of our audience says an hour and a half, thirty two percent of our audience two hours, eleven percent over two hours. To get your money's worth, that band should play for over two hours. Almost ten percent say one hours. Just fine.
Speaker 4: Valentine's Days on Friday. It turns out, if you're single, Texas is a pretty good state to be in. It's a top state to be in. As a matter of fact, it's one of the best states to be in if you're single. It's a weird question. I was single most of my time here.
Speaker 2: It's like asking me, like, what do you think about the produce in Texas, I don't know it's there. What are your thoughts on farming, the farming numbers in Texas? Is it a good place? I mean, what do you know? Almost fifteen years now? Okay, so and Chile the same thing. So you guys wouldn't know. I felt like New Orleans was pretty fun to be single. Yeah, there was a lot going on, but it was the time of my life. I was there. I was younger, you know, I was single a good chunk of my time. Here they're chasing a leg.
Speaker 4: The thing about me is I never took part in any of the online dating, nor have I ever say so.
Speaker 2: I think that has a lot to do with it. Like, I can't tell you how good is the That's where you start to like really get an idea of like what's available out there. Yeah, you know, I just kind of go out like a normal person.
Speaker 4: Did you know that Saturday, February fifteenth is Single Awareness Day? I probably did know this, I just did forgot about it. The day after Valentine's Day every year is Singles Awareness Day because everyone's got to get theirs. Oh, by the way, good for you. You're all coupled off. You're gonna have Valentine's Day? What about us singles over here? Well, you get the day after, you get the day.
Speaker 2: You have all of the days besides value. That's true, it's true. But this, if you're into Singles Awareness Day, if you don't need to be aware that you're single, you are aware that you are single. That is, that's the awareness you need right there. Like awareness is for some like some like little known form of cancer that people don't know all that about. Not that you just can't get a date. It's not exclusive to girls. I'm sure to be the last.
Speaker 3: Sure there's a few dudes out there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like you know, maybe Saturday, there'd be some vague booking. Oh, Singles Awareness another year, just me and my cat and a cup of soup for one. The guy version of it is just like, well, you know it. Bountie is just a corporate holiday made mark to try and sell cards and chocolate.
Speaker 4: Wallet Hub does a pretty good job of doing some of these different surveys. They compared the states with twenty nine different indicators. So like the friendliness, I can tell you in the South that people are friendlier in the South.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt about it. Like New York, let me tell you, they're just mean and like these.
Speaker 2: Girls that aren't hot and they're walking around like they're all that. That's a New York thing. Okay, And I'm not even from New York City. That's a New York thing. Let me tell you. It's like, really, you're gonna you're gonna act like that.
Speaker 4: Way more friendly down here in the South. So I would expect the Southern states to do better. Okay, I just see, I'll say this. This is one thing I noticed. I felt like women were more as long as it's okay, I felt like women were more approachable.
Speaker 2: Okay, New York, oh god.
Speaker 4: Datingliness was one of the key indicators number of single adults, so the sheer number of singles.
Speaker 2: Texas is a very big state.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they look at prices, They look at prices of beer and wine. They looked at all kinds of indicators here.
Speaker 2: The average boy like somebody, movie tickets, dating opportunities, all of these things were looked at. Where's the best place to be single? In twenty twenty five, Florida wins that honor. I mean there's a lot of attractions there.
Speaker 4: I guess I mean Jesus, in Florida, do people go on first dates at Disney like you ever? Like, hey, you want to go to Disney billionaires? Maybe can you imagine just going on a date at Disneyland?
Speaker 2: Or is it Disney World? I get the two mixed up. No, Disney World because Oril Orlando. Remember, thank you for that. I ran la, I remember that fun fact from the Shrump. Florida is the best? No, sorry, I hit the wrong thing, got you?
Speaker 4: Top ten Best dates for singles Florida number one, New York number two negative?
Speaker 2: Is it just because there's a ton of people there? Maybe like that the volume of people has to be part of it. California number three negative? California weirdos. Weirdos. Okay, I haven't been everywhere. I haven't been everywhere. It's like you think you can roll up on somebody in California and start talking to them. You can't same thing in New York. You cannot.
Speaker 4: You absolutely cannot. I've been in California single. Let me tell you, I mean I don't.
Speaker 2: Have any game to begin with. Let me just let me just be very clear. My game is weak. I don't have game. I don't I don't even I don't even try to roll up on people. I don't. I got nothing. Florida, New York, California. These are the best places to be single.
Speaker 4: Texas number four, Illinois, number five, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Wow, a lot of places up north. I don't believe it. Those girls are unapproachable massholes Massachusetts. You kidding me? Those are the ones that are it's just stay single. The hugeable are the ones that are more likely to not be single. Go watch all those movies about those those Boston stories. That's how the women are there. That's you can't go rolling up on them. You're not.
Speaker 3: Ohio and Minnesota top ten.
Speaker 2: Wow. A lot of northern state, a lot of northern states involved. Minnesota. They're basically Canadian, so it's like they're probably really friendly. You know. There's a hard border. Yeah, what you're not understanding because I know you've never met up there.
Speaker 4: There's a very hard border right there, and there's a lake. You're on this side. You're an American, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's such a thing as a boat. It doesn't. That's like saying that because we're it's like calling us Mexico because we're a border state. No, we're bigger than Mexico, so Mexicano would be the United States, just like they're golf.
Speaker 4: Okay, stop bitching about being single. You're in one of the best states to be single. If you are, in fact bitching about.
Speaker 2: Making excuses and start making significant.
Speaker 4: Either come out and party with us at Cactus Cove on Friday night. But that's the party that I'm focusing on.
Speaker 2: Ladies, we should be number one because if you think about it, when other states have mile of meats, uh none, Yeah, so we should be number one based on just that number alone. There's one state, there's one city, there's one radio station. But this does something called the Mile of Meat. Ladies, I need you to show up on Friday morning to go look at the dudes. And then on Friday night as well, Westheimer and Guestner right in that area, the miracle mile twenty dudes on the roadside wearing the shirts number one through twenty. You have to drive by. I'm not putting them online.
Speaker 4: It's not the Mile of Meat online dating club, right, it's the Mile of Meat.
Speaker 2: You have to go and drive by and see the dudes.
Speaker 4: Call us, persuade us, and convince us why you're perfect for that person that you want.
Speaker 2: And I feel like a butcher on those days, you know, like like you can pull into the parking lot and be like, Alex, what do you got for me? I'll take you down the line, I'll introduce you. But what about this guy? This guy has this this guy that he does this thing, look at his beard like, I'll show you all the little cutlets of meat. You can pick the one that you want and then you call in. You're the pimp. That's that's what I but not so much more of a butcher again, like a butcher instead of a pimp. You're a meat pimp, meat pimp. I'm just a bier. I guess all right, if you hadn't hurt Valentine's days on Friday, guys, you.
Speaker 16: Know Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show, A Rise.
Speaker 2: Good morning, We're back. I haven't given away any opportunities to join me on my floats. Oh yeah, Marty Grog Galveston Bro. You floating, I'm floating. Yeah, you got a little float, a little float, not even a little float float. No, no, it's a standard Galveston Marty gruff float. I don't know what the maker model.
Speaker 4: Is, but I've got VIP viewing of Brett Michaels is going to be performing. Who's really fun live? I mean full disclosure. I was never the biggest Poison fan, but Prett Michaels I'm a fan of because he's such.
Speaker 2: A cool guy.
Speaker 3: He really is a nice dude.
Speaker 2: Well colored bandanna. I think he's gonna have long we should do like a Gatorade bed. I say he goes something with the three Marti Gras colors.
Speaker 4: I could see him doing a purple, gold or green, maybe maybe a full on Bardigras bandana. Oh yeah, but I got VIP viewing to see him. I got balcony passes, I got drink tickets. I'm gonna give that all away on the show today. So I wouldn't go anywhere. And then Alex has got his thing right now, so I mean, don't.
Speaker 11: Go anywhere online. Kid's Alix online.
Speaker 2: All right, what you got today? You're gonna test your knowledge of company logos. You're going to look at possibly twenty two different company logos, one at a time. If you get one wrong, you're done. These are pretty easy. It starts very easy and then progressively gets more difficult. Okay, you're gonna get three options on each of them. It does not say the name of the company or anything that you just got another logos. Check it out. Test your logo knowledge at the world famous rid Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Shown ninety four or five, I'm spooped.
Speaker 2: What the Buzz ninety four or five? The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Monuskin. Then be again.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show nine twenty eight told you about to know the show all that great Marty grass stuff. To come down and party with me a couple of weeks away from that, man, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I get the best of both worlds on that. I get to do Marty grug Galveston and then I get to go and do New Orleans Marty Gras. I love it.
Speaker 4: I absolutely love Marty Gras and the island does it upright, man, So an opportunity to roll with me and do all that fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Sit tight, know the show.
Speaker 4: Don't forget at the end of the show, Chilie's gonna be pulling somebody's name for read my lips to come down and play live in studio.
Speaker 3: Now, I got mixed feelings on this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's not good. It's a terrible look. I'll tell you right now, it's a terrible look. Mandy Moore, she's a big actress. Huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She started out as kind of like a pop singer and she morphed into more of an actress.
Speaker 2: What was it TV show?
Speaker 7: This is Us?
Speaker 2: Everybody was balling every episode, Like people stopped watching it because they didn't want to cry.
Speaker 4: Like every episode was like a tear jerker. Apparently, Manny Moore. Without getting into who she is, she's somebody. Her in laws lost their home. Remember was like that Is that a big movie with her and two?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 4: Okay, Mandy Moore's in laws lost their home out in California due to the wildfires.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yesterday she posted a picture.
Speaker 4: Of an Amazon package sitting on the step of these charred remains that used to be her in law's home. It's their address. Apparently somehow you could still see the address somewhere. This home is leveled or.
Speaker 2: GPS like a lot of the driver, we would probably take you to where it was. There's nothing there.
Speaker 4: There's nothing there, so you have this charred leveled home and a nice new Amazon box sitting right there. She posts, do better, Amazon, Can we not have better discretion than to leave a package at a residence that no longer exists?
Speaker 2: Shake my head.
Speaker 4: Amazon released a statement saying that they reached out to Mandy so they can figure out what happened.
Speaker 2: They also said that they've been avising.
Speaker 4: Drivers to quote use discretion when delivering to a damaged home, So it's a sensitive thing in that area right now.
Speaker 2: I don't I know these drivers are all. I know what you're gonna say, Go ahead, I just hey, what do you do? If you're the driver, You're like, not deliver it? Because then if they're like, what the hell, where's my package? I go by my house where my house used to be every day to pick up packages. Yeah, and it wasn't there, then you're gonna accuse the guy or girl of stealing it. And that could be easily happened.
Speaker 4: But like, I don't know, like someone's gonna say, Okay, a little common sense here. Yeah, obviously they are not living in that home. We don't know, we don't know if they're in town. Is that the driver's fault? No, I'm not blaming the driver.
Speaker 2: The driver has to deliver four thousand packages in like four hours. They are bam, I gotta go. I gotta go. Like if you brought it to the house and there was an instruction or something like that. Yeah, I don't know. I get it. That does stuck for both sides. But it's weird that guy has paid a certain amount of dollars to do that. I see the people at my apartment complex that are hustling, man like, they have so little time between the deliveries to do anything.
Speaker 4: It's when I see him at seven thirty eight o'clock at night all the time, sometimes later. Yeah, and they're delivering. It's you know, long days. They're just trying to They're just trying to get by, like everyone.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: I can see where this is. It's a sensitive issue. The picture floating around out there. If you just you can just google it. I didn't even put it out there. It's just if you type in Mandy Moore and Amazon. It's the stories everywhere this morning, everywhere. I have a bunch of like you have to, I have instructions on my Amazon stuff. We have to call a thing so I can buzz you in so you can get to me if you're coming at a certain time of the day.
Speaker 2: And sometimes they don't. They don't read that stuff. And then I get a package where it's like the picture is, it's by the front office, and it's not supposed to be left by the front office. And I can't get mad at the guy. He's just hustling and he's trying to do all of this stuff. It's like, that's just sometimes that's what that's what happens when you order from Amazon. All right, I got I got something here. I got a URL for my bold brothers out there.
Speaker 4: P as in Pete h, as in hockey, l as in league pH L study dot com.
Speaker 2: Give me a kid with ham long Beautiful. It's a new pill. It's being tested to help with male pattern boldness.
Speaker 4: Unlike the other treatments out there, this doesn't mess with your hormones, or they say. Early results show that it might help grow hairback in just two months.
Speaker 2: I'm in. I'm in now. I went to the website. I already did this.
Speaker 4: I don't think I wasn't going to sign up before I gave you guys the opportunity to go sign up. Okay, Vera Dermis is looking for four hundred and eighty men eighteen to sixty five to join the study phlstudy dot com. I went through it all. I felt like I answered honestly the only thing that I was a yes on. I mean, it asked you if you have HIV all I'm like, no, no, no, no, no no no. I do have your high blood pressure under control? Yes, GLP one medications. I hit yes, because I'm doing Red Mountain. They said you're doing qualify for the study. That must have been the one determining factor that didn't allow me to do it. If you're taking some semaglue tide, they don't want you in this they I guess they just think it'll mess with.
Speaker 2: What they're what they're giving. You want to be just your You're not on anything else.
Speaker 4: PHL study dot com. You'll have to visit the clinic. Third, I don't even know if it's available in Houston. You'll have to visit the clinic thirteen times in about thirteen months, So once a month you're gonna have to check in. You'll be paid for your time. Here's the pisser. Half of the dudes are gonna get the real pill. The other dudes are getting a fake one to see how effective it is versus the power of positive thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm so mad. Have I got the positive thinking? Yeah? I know, it's like what I've checked in with you. Just can you give me the real pill? You can't. You can't say which one you're getting, and you won't know which one you're getting. Oh like that. So I don't know why I get excited. You could be backed. Did you not see John Luke Picard? How much in the future was he Star Trek? They have not cured baldness.
Speaker 4: Picard was way in the future and he was still bald, So it's not gonna happen. Jeff Bezos bald all the money on the planet Elon Musk. Elon Musk definitely did something. He got a hair transplant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at Elon musk PayPal days. Yeah he was. He was real thin and Bezos didn't do anything about it, and he scored that chippy. Yeah, well he also has a ga zillion dollars.
Speaker 4: All right, I know I'm gonna get hit up for a couple for a couple of you if you want to try this out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's available here.
Speaker 4: Phlstudy dot Com, The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz, I need.
Speaker 2: Four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Offspring, The Kids Aren't All Right? Wild Cart Wednesday, It's nine thirty nine. Keith Landry's like, dude, Amazon's longest wait is about a week. Those homes unfortunately burned out over a month ago.
Speaker 3: I'd be interested to know when Mandy Morris in laws ordered.
Speaker 2: That Amazon product. They could have a reoccurring purchase, you know, like sometimes like with coffee, I get that so like every once a month week, so I'll get I'll get a coffee thing. Okay, so that could have been it. You just like obviously your life's been uprooted, so you forget to turn that off. I have made the mistake I have.
Speaker 4: Anybody needs any thorough flu just to stop over, because it took me like four months to probably say what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Why is therap flu showing up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, who's who's going through theorough flu? It's the one that's got the partition and it's got the day and the night one. So there's about maybe I don't know, five packets on either side. Let's say there's ten packets in there, they determined, like somebody needs that once a month?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you get the flu all the time. I have more theraugh flus that I'll ever use for my entire life.
Speaker 4: And that's on me too. I just kept getting it. I'm like, oh, that must be a mistake. Oh okay, that wants me. I'll get around to.
Speaker 2: Check it out. I get four months worth of this stuff. I'm like, enough of the theorough flu in pharmacy. It's my fault. I hit the recurring thing because why because it was a nickel cheeper probably cheaps one up a bitch. I've the pandemic. I was trying to get hand sanitized and everything was back ordered yep. So I accidentally did that. And then after the pandemic when I got it in stock, it was like every two weeks, I was just getting the big jug a hand sanitizer, Like I don't need any of this.
Speaker 4: Mandy Moore's in laws she posted a picture yesterday on her Stories that Amazon had delivered a package to her in laws completely leveled, burned out house, and she said, Amazon do better. I don't know when the parents or you know, her in laws when they ordered that, but the reoccurring thing. Sounds sounds like that could be that could be a thing for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we don't know the ins and outs of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Marty Graug Galveston, Come party with the Big Boy Saturday, February twenty second. You want a guest, Are gonna get to ride on my float VIP viewing of the Brett Michael's performance. I'll get you some balcony passes that gets wild up there at night, some drink tickets everyone else Marty grogalveson dot com for full entertainment linement, lineup and activities.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets online and buy him now. You gonna be twenty one or older to win this. Know the show, that's the prize. Alex will have a question for you on the Flip.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's nine fifty, it's nine fifty. I'm starting to do something about this amazing Mardi Grass package that I have to give away down in Galveston. To join me on February twenty seconds alectually got a you got a question?
Speaker 4: You can make it as difficult as you want. I feel like I'm giving away a golden ticket here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what kind of cars have the worst drivers? According to a study that we talked about. It's not me, it's not us. I didn't come up with that study. But this is the study we talked about. What drivers according to that study. I believe it is Lending Tree, it was, are the worst drivers? Blame them?
Speaker 4: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. What model vehicles are the worst drivers on the road?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Hey, Alexa. Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, Getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 11: The rod Rullyan Show on ninety four five, Wake out the buzz, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Great ninety four or five The Buzz, thirty seconds to Mars and the kill Bury Me.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show wrapping up a wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phone.
Speaker 11: She's now time for know this show on ninety four five.
Speaker 8: The buzz La la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hey, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: It's Heather. I haven't talked to y'all in a while.
Speaker 2: Heather, Queen of all rod Ryan Show games.
Speaker 7: Yes, my work schedule change. I can never call you anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, I haven't heard Joe like she dominates all the games, all the games. Also the games that we play. We played, Uh, what do we played today?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Freeway Battle. Well let's see if you can dominate know the show? Go ahead. What's your question, Alex? What cars have the worst drivers? According to a study that we talked about today? That boy?
Speaker 3: Okay, Tesla's that.
Speaker 2: Alex? Were you crystal clear? Were you crystal clear that this wasn't my survey?
Speaker 4: I was, yes, But I don't think everybody else wants and this was not me saying that Tesla drivers are not cool. It's just more accidents than the Tesla's. Well, world, there's more toastals out.
Speaker 2: There, all right, all right, don't I don't come up at this stop. Just share with everybody. What kind of car do you drive? Heather?
Speaker 7: I am in a Ram?
Speaker 2: Was number two?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It was Tesla Rams sumer Us. Maybe I forgot already super is.
Speaker 7: I feel like it's because there's so many on the roads, so many on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, take a look. There's there's a Toyota right next to you. There's one behind you, there's one in front of you. There's more Toyota's out there, trust me, trust me. Yeah, all right, listen, you and your ram be careful out there. Okay, all right, Marty Grog Galveston inviting you to come February twenty second. Okay, get your riding on the float and the VIP and the balcony and the drinks and yeah, yeah, Heather, we're gonna party.
Speaker 3: We're gonna party, all right, hell yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: All right, Heather, hang on, She's cool. She came in here in one chubby bunny. Yeah, she did. That's what we crowned her like the Qui.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She just dominates on the games that she plays. Hammered Hank. He continues his winning ways. Is he going for the Hall of Fame tomorrow?
Speaker 2: I believe so. Yes, Yeah, he wants to be a six time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: He beat Jeremiah was a bullfrog this morning at around six twenty Brian and was it Martin? Yes, were on the Freeway Battle. It was the Battle of Ien. The beast side lost to the best side.
Speaker 2: And King of I ten. Now all right, I enjoy playing the Freeway Battle game. We need to play that more, suggest it more. Tomorrow's read My lips has Chili got somebody to play.
Speaker 4: It's weird that you get to choose your own competitor, Chili, you got your ears on. Look, I'm on a CBE radio taking Breaker one nine, Breaker one nine, looking for Chili.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess he's working with Heather right now. I wanted to announce who was going to be. Oh, there he there you go, there he come big stretch.
Speaker 3: Ah, Hello, Hi, I know you were working with Heather over there.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Did you pull a name for read my lips? Yes, and it got back to real fast. Confirmed. She's saying is Holly Garslil Holly Holly. That's awesome. All right, look forward to meeting her. It's been really, really fun having listeners in. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think she's going to take an out.
Speaker 2: I feel like that too. She's play you. Yeah, it's just going loose coming off. I didn't know. I didn't know if you thought she was playing Alex when his last game.
Speaker 6: No, let mean cut in and say, you know shows no mercy.
Speaker 2: Are you recording a new past the Gravy? Yeah, brand new one today, so that'll be up tomorrow on links and guests.
Speaker 4: Okay, very good. Uh, Jeremy is back, so coming up Jeremy and the NonStop Nooner.
Speaker 2: Pick your tickets with Jeremy in the one o'clock hour. I think that's everything we needed to get ten before we get out of here. All right, that's it. We're back tomorrow. Good luck with this pesky rain. The chances are going down a little bit, so I don't think it's gonna be as bad as we thought it was gonna be. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 4: We're back tomorrow to do it all over again for Throwback Thursday, Fix the Grand Thursday. Read my lips at a twenty. You can go ahead and start sending me some words early if you want, email me Rod at the buzz dot com. Have a great day, everybody, am af.
Speaker 11: Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast.
Speaker 4: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com