Speaker 1: It's nice Eye.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to talk a little bit about the presidential race. But before we do that, let me remind you that tomorrow night you'll be able to hear right here on WBZ beginning at eight thirty one of the only two debates, and I believe they're both just an hour long between the incumbent Democratic senator here in Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, and her Republican opponent, John Daton. Now, all the polls indicate that Warren is doing will be re elected. So John Deaton has a couple of chances, one Tomorrow night and one on Thursday night, to shake this race up. And it's going to be a big task. But I think that Deton is someone who understands that he has a hill to climb. So it's going to be interesting to listen tomorrow night. And when we begin at eight o'clock tomorrow night, we give you an opportunity to tell us what you think Deaton should do to make this race more competitive, or what does Elizabeth Warren do have to do in order to maintain the lead that she currently has. Then the debate runs from a thirty to nine thirty. John Keller of WBZ TV is the host of that debate, and then at nine thirty tomorrow night, you'll have an opportunity to join us and tell us what you think of the debate. It's interesting that even though Channel four is the host television station of this debate. As I listened to Channel four today, it sounds as if the debate is going to be either available streaming or on Channel thirty eight, which I think is interesting. I really think it's interesting, and I think it's almost add Now. I don't know what sort of obligations Channel four has to broadcast network television programs. I know that every week in the fall, the all of these three major networks ABC and CBS and NBC, I watch football games over the weekend, or hockey games, or basketball games, or Worlds or playoff games, and if it is a network, they're always showing you it's premiere week coming up on our network. I think they each have about five or six premiere weeks. In the old days, back when there were three major networks, you would have everyone would know what was the upcoming schedule for that fall, and you'd know that Bonanza was still going to be on at seven o'clock on Sunday night, or whatever your favorite word. It's just how the world has changed now. It's like they run stories, they run shows by you which look the same, sound the same, the titles are the same. Either are all real a lot of violence as much as they can get on television, or it's game shows or dancing, Dancing with the stars or whatever. Anyway, we'll we'll let that go. I just think it's interesting that Channel four would host the debate and they would not show it on their major outlet, which of course is WBCTV, and it's going to be broadcast as I understand. If I'm wrong there by the way, feel free to correct me those of you who may be following it more closely. I don't think I am, but if I am, they're going to show it on their affiliate, which is Channel thirty eight, which has always been considered, you know, Channel thirty eight has been considered sort of like the minor league affiliate of Channel four, put to put it in baseball terms. But whatever, that's that's something we could we could talk about also later on. But what I want to talk about is last week I talked about an interesting interview that have been on the CBS Morning Show between an author who basically was calling Israel in apartheid state in his book called the book is called the Message, uh, and the one of the morning show anchors of the CBS Morning News, Jeff Robbins, writes about this Tomorrow and the Boston Herald. So if you get a chance to read Jeff's column, I listen. I've read it today and it's as it usually is with Jeff Robins, frequent guest on this program, right on the money. But here's the thing. I was watching the morning news programs on Sunday and I watched this week on ABC and old friend and colleague Martha Raddits, who was a reporter here in Boston and was known as Martha Bradley at the time, but now Martha Raddits. It's been in ABC correspondent and I think does a great job on her assignments around the world and closer to and at home. But I thought she kind of got take it to the cleaner. Yesterday she was interviewing the Republican vice presidential candidate jd. Vance. And when you wear your politics on your sleeve and you're a network reporter, it's not a good look. It's not a good look because half of your audience out there, probably is you know, tends to vote Republican and half the audience tends to vote Democrat. And whatever your again, if you're ABC, NBCCBS, if you're Fox, you know you're gonna be Republican. If you see an ANN, you're gonna be Democrat. I get it. Okay. If you're a NBC, who God knows what you're gonna be, You're gonna be progressive, socialist or whatever. That's fine. But when Martha Radis was interviewing JD. Vance yesterday, she challenged Vance on some of the comments recent comments that Donald Trump had made about Venzwalen gangs which had come across the border illegally basically taking over apartment buildings in Aurora, Colorado, and this video of this activity. Okay, Now, I don't live in Aurora, Colorado. What happens in Aurora, Colorado doesn't really impact me. But the video is pretty clear. The video is pretty clear. So Rod Martha came at JD. Van's with a pretty strong question, okay, And the purpose of the question was for her to get Vance to denounce the comments, the statements that former President Trump had made. Now, if you want to get him to denounce the statements that former President Trump made about Haitians eating dogs in Ohio, in Springfield, Ohio, I'm with you one thousand percent those statements in the middle of the presidential debate on October I think it was was no, it was October first, Yeah, it was. It was wildly off base. There's I mean, he was picked off based on that one by about ten feet. Okay, but his comments about this video of these gun toting people going into apartment complexes in Aurora, calif Aurora, Colorado. So Martha Raddits went after Vance, and Vance handled it very well, and then Raddits decided, Martha Raddis decided to keep the pressure on, and it didn't. It didn't turn out, in my opinion, to be a good look for Martha Raddits. So let's listen to the exchange. This is a two minute exchange. It's Martha Raddits of ABC talking to Republican vice presially vincidential candidate JD. Vance, the Senator from Ohio, and she's very interruptive and the questions it's a loaded question, It's an absolute loaded question. Here's how it played yesterday, and if you didn't listen to it, listen to it carefully cut sixteen abron.
Speaker 3: But I want to We played some other comments about migrants migrants, including an Aurora in Colorado, where Trump said the city had been invaded and conquered by Venezuelan gangs. The Republican mayor of the city said flatly, the city and state have not been taken over or invaded or occupied by migrant gangs. So do you support Donald Trump making those claims that the Republican mayor says were grossly exaggerated and have hurt the city's identity and sense of safety. I understand what you're saying, that some people left behind, but he's making these statements that the mayor is flat out disputing.
Speaker 4: Well, Martha, you just said the mayor said they were exaggeratedly exaggerated. There's got to be some that means there's got to be some element of truth here. And of course President Trump was actually in Aurora, Colorado talking to people on the ground, and what we're hearing, of course, Martha, is that people are terrified by what has happened with some of these Venezuelan gangs.
Speaker 3: Center Evance. I'm going to stop you because I know exactly what happened. I'm going to stop you. The incidents were limited to a handful of apartment CONFLICTX apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerns a handful of problems.
Speaker 4: Only, Martha, do you hear yourself? Only a handful of apartment complexes in America were taken over by Venezuelan gangs. And Donald Trump is the problem and not Kamala Harris's open border. Americans are so fed up with what's going on, and they have every right to be. And I really find this exchange, Martha is sort of interesting because you seem to be more focused with nitpicking everything that Donald Trump has said rather than acknowledging that apartment complexes in the United States of a America are being taken over by violent gangs. I worry so much more about that problem than anything else here. We've got to get American communities in a safe space again.
Speaker 1: So I think, and I want to hear from you that Advance handled himself pretty well there, and the questions and the tone of the questions from radits she could have phrased the question I thought a lot more fairly, but I want to hear what you have to say. I have one more SoundBite where Radits continues to go after him on this, and it's almost as if what it says to me is that maybe maybe well, first of all, I think Martha is wearing her politics on her slave, which is a dumb thing for in inappropriate thing. You can't be emotional in those circumstances. You have to be as calm, cool and collect that as Jade Vance was in order to win that argument, in my opinion, So I want to know what you have to say and welcome back on to play. Where Martha then sort of that doubles down on Vance. And you know, you're interviewing a United States senator who's running for vice president of the United States. I think this way to interrupt the person without saying something like I'm going to stop you right there. I don't know where that license where Martha Raddits felt she had that license, I'm going to stop you right there. That displays a bias that to me is troubling. We've seen it with the David Muir interview, the the the debate between you know the debate if you will, between Trump and Harris, where Trump was just horrible but Mure also was horrible. Then you see it on the vice presidential debate with the CBS Ancor nor O'Donnell along with Margaret Brennan, who they fact check Vance but don't fact check. Uh Walls, I mean it's and turned Vance's microphone off. I mean this is this is now a mistake and that that the networks are making, and it's also going to help Trump advance in my opinion. Uh, and it'll backfire on both the Democrats and on and and and on the media. Harris is doing something interesting. She's gonna sit down with Brett Baar of Fox News. Bear will be We'll give her a tough interview. She may come out of that looking better if she handles it properly, if she's responsive to questions. I will bet you Bear will be much more respectful of Vice President Harris than Martha Radditts. Martha Radits was of JD. Vance. Let's take a break, Rob, I don't want to go too long here. When we come back, well we'll have Martha doubles down with JD. Vance.
Speaker 4: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World.
Speaker 1: Night Side Studios on w b Z to news radio. Okay, so we listened to the longer interchange between JD. Vance, the Republican nominee for Vice President, Martha Raddis of ABC, who's a friend of mine and who I very much respected as a colleague when she was working at Channel five and I was working at Channel four. But I think she kind of jumped the shark here and this is her trying this is Vance continuing his answer, and raddit's continuing to be tone deaf to the tone that she was striking with Senator Vance, and I think displaying well an attitude which is probably going to help fans rather than hurt him. Cut sixteen b Rob.
Speaker 4: And Unfortunately, when you let people in by the millions, most of whom are unvetted, most of whom you don't know who they really are, you're going to have problems like this. Kamala Harris ninety four executive orders that undid Donald.
Speaker 1: Trump's successful border policies.
Speaker 4: We knew this.
Speaker 1: Stuff would happen.
Speaker 4: Let's ragged about opening the border, and now we have the consequences and we're living with it. We can do so much better. But frankly, we're not going to do better, Martha unless Donald Trump calls this stuff out.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that he did.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's just end that with. They did not invade or take over the city, as Donald Trump said, I want to move.
Speaker 4: On to just a few apartment complexes, no big deal.
Speaker 3: A few apartment complexes that the mayor did not seems was invading the entire city.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it. Think about it. If all of a sudden you had some right wing whack up whack jobs, wacker doodles, who all of a sudden decided they were going to go in and take over a few apartment complexes in Aurora, Colorado, wouldn't that bother you? I mean, it certainly would bother me, and it certainly would bother me if Ben's a will and street gangs, as the video shows, and as Martha radditts acknowledged. But it's Somehow is it important? What does it say about the country, What does it say about the border? Go to Mike and Beverly. Mike, get us going here on nightside. Go ahead, Mike, Okay, I got to turn that radio down and we'll put him on hold. Let me go to Bob in Randolph. Bob, you're going to start us off here on Nightside this hour.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Bob, Hi Dan, I just want to say that I think Vance was spot on and what he said. We have to get our cities and towns that people feel safe, and the Lada issue is a huge issue in this country. That's just hard.
Speaker 1: Why do you why do you think Martha Raddits made those comments? Uh, you know that, Well, it was just a few apartment complexes.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh, it's it's just that left wing, that liberal thought process that they have. I don't understand where it comes from. It's far from where from where I think a lot of conservatives think. I mean, we've had such a great country over a period of long years, and then all of a sudden it's becoming unraveled. Well, there isn't much we can do about it.
Speaker 1: I think Martha Rattis is really smart, bright woman, who's a who's a good reporter. I've watched her or I tend to watch ABC at night, to be honest with you, in the newscast more than I do the other three, although I do switch around. And I just think that she obviously wanted theance she was She was looking for the SoundBite, That's what she was doing. She was looking for Vance to say, I think Trump was wrong on that talk about Springfield, Ohio. If you want where, I think Trump jumped the shark. And someone had said to him before the debate, eating cats and dogs in Springfield, Ohio, and Trump you just went with it, and and I think ruined his debate performance. It wasn't a particularly good performance in his in his first and only debate with Kamala Harris. I don't know if you if you see it that way, but I just thought, what is he talking about?
Speaker 5: And well, I feel he's his own worst enemy many many times.
Speaker 1: If Martha Raddis had gone after Vance on that and said, you know, can you defend in any way, shape or form the allegations that were made in October first by the by the former president, which have been disputed by the Republican governor. Where I've seen no videotape of anything. It was like something made up out of whole cloth. There is video tape of these these evens, whiling guys with guns walking up the staircases of these apartment complexes, and and and she acknowledged it, and that's why Vince said to her, just think of your question. What you just said. Well, it's only a few complex it's only a few apartment complexes. I mean.
Speaker 5: If the plasma is a lot bigger than a few complexes, believe me, the problem in this country is far above what they're showing it really is, and nobody is addressing it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean even in the city.
Speaker 5: They got a city of Boston, our great city of Boston. Okay, We're shot four hundred officers, okay, and nobody addresses it. Put we need four hundred more policemen on the streets, okay to help us, and nobody is doing anything about it. It's frustrating.
Speaker 1: You're correct on that. I will tell you I've had Larry Calderon on the program on several occasions over the last couple of years talking about that problem specifically, and it is a problem. It is clearly a problem. There's no question about what you say. But what I'm saying is there's no video evidence this this. I haven't seen one person who's been interviewed, and I'm sure Fox went out there to find the people who said I saw my dog being dragged down the street. There was nothing of that, nothing of that, and it was probably yeah, it was probably a rumor. And and former President Trump, oh that's a good room to jump. Well, big mistake, President, and that absolutely I think heard him for a couple of weeks badly and it might eventually hurt him on November fifth.
Speaker 5: But I just think I think he doesn't listen to anybody.
Speaker 1: No question about that. There's no question about that. But JD. Vance came across, in my opinion, as a pretty cool customer, and he made sure ratits radits look pretty silly. And it was all for Martha. Ratisy was a self inflicted wound. I mean, you know, to say, well, it's only a few of only a few apartment complexes games.
Speaker 5: We'll say very soon what the result is. And thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: You're welcome. Appreciate you call Bob, Thank you very much. Okay, let me see if I should get one war in here. If I can before the break, I'm gonna try it. It's added. You know what, I'm not going to short change Eddin Wooster and I'm not going to change short change Larry. And here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna invite You've heard what I've talked about. Many of you probably saw this interview over the weekend on ABC. If you think I'm wrong, bring it on. If you think I'm right, feel free either way. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you wait until the end of the hour to call, you're not going to get in the air. It's as simple as that, because I'm not gonna rune people. Uh. In order to accommodate people, UH. For some reason, my audience tends to wait until I think everybody wants to get the last word. We're going to stop playing that game beginning tonight. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I want to talk about it, as they say. I respect Martha. She's a good reporter. She was a great reporter at Channel five. She went to the network. But I think she got a little out over her skis if you will with jd Vance and he was able to pick up on it very quickly, very pretty good debater. He said, think about what you just said. You know only a few a few apartment complexes. Six one seven two five, four, ten thirty six, one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty Hit comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We'll be right back.
Speaker 4: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Those pesky panthers. Let me go to Ed and Worcester. Ed. You are next on night Side.
Speaker 2: Welcome again. I just want to offer this. I think the origin story of that cats and dogs thing came from a Springfield City council meeting before the presidential debate in September, where there were two residents. One of them was an African American gentleman who stood up and said, they're cutting the heads off of ducks. I heard that on two different radio shows, and then I went online and saw it video of it. And then there was a woman also at that same city council meeting, and she stood up and said. I don't think she said they're eating cats and dogs, but I think she said something like I'm afraid to let my cat outside or something. And I would have no doubt. That's hard to find today, but I do. I did get online and see that, and I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: On the radio. How does that then, Let's assume that that's accurate, because you're you're a good car responded here. How does that then end up in Donald Trump's mind so that he brings it up during a presidential debate, the only the presidential debate that he has with Vice President Harris. I mean there's for somebody to stand up and say, hey, I think I saw them cut their head off a doc or whatever. I mean, okay, fine, and then someone says she's afraid to Does that really rise to the level that Donald Trump had any right to even bring that up? There was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you know, like like like everybody else I've ever known who's a really gifted salesman as Donald Trump is, he just can't shut that function off in his mind, Like everything gets exaggerated and overstated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but you know, you got to have some discipline. You gotta have some discipline. And but but let's move on to tonight. What we're talking about tonight. I thought Martha Ratis was way out of line yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually have to disagree with you about that. Remember years ago, Mike Dukakis was being he was on c SPAN, and I think he used to teach out at Pepperdine or somewhere and he was giving a talk and somebody got up and asked him a question about the Sunday morning shows. And this was i'd say at least fifteen years ago. And he said, I don't watch those shows, and I don't think you should watch them either, And I thought, hey, you know, for once, Mike Ducaccas and I agree about something. I think what Martha Raddis was doing, and I think this is the purpose, especially of those Sunday morning shows, but to somewhat of network, you know, news at the in the evening too. It's basically to tell you if you want to be accepted by the American elite or the American establishment, if you want to be one of them or be you know, listen to by them. This these are the boundaries in which you have to confine what you say. And I think what Martha Rattis was doing, and I think I might have said this on your show a few weeks ago about the Boston Globe. She basically was talking like the Lady of Lamance would talk to a disobedient or negligent servant, to her chauffeur or her gardener, like this is what you did wrong, and you need to see that you did something wrong. Yeah, I'm trying to think she knew exactly what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Well, but what I'm saying is, then if let's assume if she wanted to go after Vance, go after Vance on the Springfield, Ohio story. Don't go after him on the Aurora, Colorado story. Because there's videotaped evidence of these gangs inside an apartment complex which everyone has seen. And she herself said, well, it was just a few apartment complexes or some apartment complexes, which is an admission against interest. You were both lawyers. It's an admission against interest that you'd never make in court. I mean, you never bring that subject up because you know that across the examination it's gonna be stuff down your throat. And Vance picked up on it quickly and said, think of what you just said. It's only several apartment complexes.
Speaker 2: I mean, but she sees herself not as a journalist but as an advocate. She doesn't see herself as a journalist.
Speaker 6: Well, she should start doing a talk show. She should start doing a talk show or writing a column for you know, for for newspapers or something. I mean, that's that though, you know, when you think about those morning talk shows.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know you had you had some I mean Tim Russett never would have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's long the ceased.
Speaker 1: No, I understand that. But but but you know, I don't think Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace never would have started down that path. Mike Wallace would be smart enough to say, I'm not going down that path because it's gonna he's gonna throw back at me that that factually there are go down the dog and cat path because there's no defense to what he said. Anyway, Hey, I love your calls as always, you know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, great, thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, doc to you later. Okay, let's go to Laurie my pell. Laurie, Laurie, how are you? How's everything? A night on a little chili out there other night?
Speaker 7: It's a little chilly, Yep, it's probably the worms. That's going to be today for a while because we're running back down and apparently next week it'll be fifties during the day and that's probably the last of the worms we're getting. But did you see the lights the other night?
Speaker 1: I went up to try to see them at midnight and I was told over the weekend by a friend of mine that you couldn't see them where we were from the naked eye. You had to take care, you had.
Speaker 7: To takeke your camera, take your phone, which I did.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that looking and I'm thinking, now there must be a cloud cover or something. I wish, you know, But it's like it was like, take your camera and take a picture of a black sky, a night sky, and you'll see the beautiful.
Speaker 7: Lights right well, and you don't even have to take the picture if you open the camera and hold. We had amazing ones in September, and I didn't know that people came.
Speaker 8: Out with these.
Speaker 7: They had fantastic ones in September. These weree it's good. But if you just open the camera and look up, because I you know, I was like, it looks like nothing the camera.
Speaker 1: I learned something. Next time. Next time, Laurie, I'm going to be hit with the camera because it was amazing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm far.
Speaker 1: Away from the big city here, I'm not I'm not worried about the city lights.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now you would have you would have the camera would have shown you. And like I said, you don't even have to take the picture.
Speaker 2: You just look at it.
Speaker 7: You just I mean job definitely.
Speaker 1: Would have taken the picture because I would have said, hey, this is quite a picture that I So tell me about Martha Raddis. I think she was out over her skis last yesterday.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 7: And you know, it's funny when you said, because I remember seeing her in abc year she was in the Middle East, So I think something during one of those courts are of her first born correspondent things, and I recognized the face, and I didn't recognize the last name. And then tonight you said she'd been with boss and I'm like, oh, that's it. So I you know, I have two thoughts on this. One is I think some of these I don't know if it's the estrogen sisterhood or what. I think some of these females in the news are just so excited that there's a woman running for president that they just can't get over themselves. I don't know. But I also think JD is one of the youngest people who's been out there in a national race in a very long time, and I think that they are just so arrogant they think they can crush him. And I don't think he's crushable.
Speaker 1: Good luck, it's pretty smart dude, let me tell you that they teach you pretty well at Yale Law School. He just nailed it. I mean he nailed it. He was awesome to think of what you're saying, you.
Speaker 7: Apartment building or what if you live in that apartment building?
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well, you know, I'm sure knowing that Martha Radits knows lives in that apartment probably know one Martha Raddis knows lives in apartment building like that, Yes, saying the apartment building. They're all probably engated communities, but they're not worried.
Speaker 7: About your words.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'm telling you that's what I believe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but the arrogance was ridiculous, and just that all these people don't really count. It's like it's a good thing you're not Kamala Harry saying it is because those people would not be voting for.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 7: I just I think I think they think he's young enough that they can just you know, get him flustered, and I don't think he's flusterable.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree with it more. Laura. I love your calls and thanks for the tip. Okay, I will know what to do next time. Get that camera out. Talk to you soon, Thanks, Laurie. I love it all right, keep rolling here, everybody called in early. We'll give everybody a pretty fair shot here, as we always try to do. It's tough to give him fair shots that late in the show. Matt's and Foxborough. Hey, Matt, welcome next to on NIGHTSID. How are you? Oh, I'm doing okay, don't knock yourself off the air, go ahead. I just want to talk about Matha Rabbits.
Speaker 9: How I know she was a friend of us. I guess she was saying, but.
Speaker 1: I think she's probably not happy with what I'm saying tonight. But but I mean that that he she she got into a debate with a guy who was a little quicker than she was. It was like, you know, you're a Western gunslinger and you think you're the fastest gun in the in the in the corral.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, I mean, out of the four between the two running for president and vice president, he's definitely the best debate out.
Speaker 5: Of the four of them.
Speaker 1: And sharp knife of the toolbox, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh in Martha Radits in twenty sixteen, she cried on the air after Donald Trump won and I always.
Speaker 1: Forgot about that. Oh I do remember that. Yeah, she was a little teary eyed.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just that always just stuck with me.
Speaker 5: That that was.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're a journalist, you're spoke compol her and that stuff.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I mean you're supposed to maintain a monoicum of again as an on ear journalist. She's not a commentator. She's a reporter still and asked tough questions. That's fine, Like like the CBS Morning reporter asked of the guy who was calling Israel in apartheid state. But it was very friendly in the way in which Da Coppo asked those questions. Challenging questions, but he asked him. You know, it's it's It was tough for me to watch because I like Martha. She's a friend, and I'm sure she will defend herself and if she wants to come on the show tomorrow night and defend herself, we have mutual friends. Uh, she's more than welcome. Yeah, I'm not happy to criticize a friend. But I got to tell you, it's a presidential race. There's there's a lot on the table here. And I criticized Donald Trump when he did the Dogs and cats thing in spring Field, Ohio. And it didn't take me two days, didn't take me two hours, it didn't take me two minutes. I criticized him as soon as that debate was over. You did you did?
Speaker 2: I listened to that, And that's one of the things I.
Speaker 9: Love about Donald Trump is he will say absolutely anything that's on his mind.
Speaker 2: And it is one of the things they hate about Donald Trump is.
Speaker 9: He will say absolutely anything that's on his mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think, as I think as president of the United States, you can't. You have to be somewhat cautious because if he's elected president, which he well might be, and he says something that could cause an international dispute or something, you gotta be careful. He gotta be careful. And I was hoping that he might have learned from his mistakes in his first four years, but I'm not sure he has. I'm not sure he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, probably right, all right.
Speaker 1: My friend is always Matt keep calling the show. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, you have a good night.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's good talking. Thanks right back at you. Okay, we have a quick break. I got Ron, Patrick and Glenn are going to get everyone in. I promise coming right back on Nightside. You guys have respected my show. I'll get you each a couple of two and a half minutes at least. Okay, back on Nightside. Now, back to Dan Ray live from the window World Nightside Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio. Okay, let's keep rolling here, Patrick and Charlestown. Patrick. I got three others, but go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 10: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Dare great? Go right ahead?
Speaker 10: So Hey, just a couple of things. I hate to bring up the dogs and cats again, but I'm going to do it to defend President Trump. First off, the first thing is I wanted to say is that he listens to the poor. That's the first thing. People on the ground, people that people who are news reporters who live in green leafy sub suburbs don't want to talk to, you know, like the working class of Dorchester and Charlestown in South Boston forty years ago, those type of disgusting people to the news media. Donald Trump sits down and he looks him in the eye, and he listens to them, and he doesn't judge them. That's the first thing. And he heard these complaints from real American people. Second, off. If I were to investigate this, and you're one of the greatest reports of the last generation, I think you're getting a little cushy in your old age. With all due respect, but you are one of the greatest reporters from the last generation. If I were to investigate this, I would first go to Springfield, Ohio, and I would follow up each and every lead till it's conclusion and rule it out before I formed an opinion. Did you go to Springfield, Ohio? How many people did you speak to and did you follow up each and every lead and rule them out before you?
Speaker 1: Are you asking that if Donald Trump? Patrick's you well, first of all, Patrick, you know what you're asking me to do is to is to do something this impossible. I'm a talk I do the show five nights a week here in New England. I don't have the ability to say. I wish that I did have the ability and say to my bosses, I'm going to go to Springfield. O'hiwe Here's the thing. I have yet to see a report on any of the networks, and specifically on Fox, which is obviously favorable towards Donald Trump, which says we went to Springfield, Come on, Are you serious?
Speaker 10: Watch?
Speaker 1: Do you do you listen to any of those people? Do you listen? I watched on Fox. I watched the Morning Show on Fox with Brett Bear, with Steve Doocy, with Lawrence Jones and Angeley and Angeley whatever the Hecker last name is Angeley Earhart. I believe, uh, they are all pro pro Trump. Nothing wrong with that. But there you're telling me that you don't think they're pro Trump.
Speaker 10: I don't watch that. I don't watch that show. I used to watch the Night Stuff when Tacko was around.
Speaker 1: But watch What's the Morning Show? Give me a call back later this week to tell me where you think they stand. All right?
Speaker 10: So I just want just one thing. So I just want you to admit that that's your opinion and it's not based on fact.
Speaker 1: It is my opinion. And I have not seen one report from I haven't seen a report from the Trump campaign. I haven't seen a report from any Wall Street journal. I haven't seen a report from the New York Post. Is the New York Post favorable to Trump? Patrick? In your opinion?
Speaker 8: I think it is.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 1: Send me a page out of the New York Post, the story out of the New York Post, which backs up what he had to say.
Speaker 10: Come on, but you cited you cited the city manager, at the mayor and the governor, all saying there were no complaints, all of whom are running government agencies in that state and who are responsible for being credited with running a good, safe government, and so their opinions had evidence.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I took the lack of information that the Trump campaign. If the Trump campaign had the evidence. If the Trump campaign had the proof, they would have produced it by now. But they still have an opportunity. Patrick, I got to keep rolling here. I got three others.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Chris of the Cape. Chris, You're next on nights, I go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Good evening, Dan.
Speaker 11: On the Martha rat on the Martha Ratts interview of Vance without dignifying anybody at the top of the ticket, including all four h left, right, no middle. As a Kennedy Democrat, I am disappointed with what the offerings are. But that said, Matt sort of stole my thunder when he said that I'll never forget it. On the evening of Hillary Clinton's loss, she was inconsolable in utter tears, and as a journalist supposedly independent, or at least ostensibly so. She was transparently pointed, and it seemed that the cut of the interview that you aired tonight was so transparently biased, and she got eaten up by a much smarter, much more composed, much more deliberating individual than she could possibly offer. I mean, she really needs to check herself out in terms of her projection. And I think that that interview in and of itself showed such unprofessionalism that I mean, he could have come back, as a previous caller said, and said, how would you like to live in that apartment complex?
Speaker 2: Or competing?
Speaker 1: We didn't want to make it personal. He didn't need to make it personal. He wanted the debate by saying, just listen to the words you said. That's what He didn't have to go there. He didn't have to go. He could have if he wanted to. You're right, hey, Chris, I got to keep rolling.
Speaker 8: Here, all right.
Speaker 1: I want to be here to everybody. Thank you for the clone. Thank you very much. Ron Is in Weymouth, Ron, go ahead, we're getting tight here, go ahead, run.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you tell you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Martha Raddits, I think she makes a better salesperson, uh than a journalist, because she all she wanted to do was, uh, you know, control the situation. This is a parent and say that she's right, she's right, she's right. But he wouldn't let her go. And because jd. Vance is a researcher like I am, he knew the answer. Unfortunately, Thomas Donald Trump is not a researcher, and not for two days after he says something. So but as fowers are really quickly here. As far as the the thing about the cats and dogs, uh, he he was right about that. It was geese and that was that was uh. In the in the police report, I heard.
Speaker 1: How many how many gates? How many geese run?
Speaker 9: I think they had? They had four geese.
Speaker 1: Had Yeah, and that became I think the national president.
Speaker 9: So I think just saying that would hurt Trump. I don't believe it. I think that was a wash because he was half right.
Speaker 1: Okay, fairing, half fair enough. Let it go, Ronnie. Want to get one more in real quickly here?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I appreciate that too, And I'm listening. I want to hear some more here.
Speaker 5: I wish I could.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna hear much more because we only got about forty seconds left in the show. We'll up age. Thanks Ron. Okay, all right, Glenn, Glenn, I'm sorry man, you're the latest call of the night. I can give you about thirty seconds and that's it.
Speaker 8: Go well, yeah, Martha rad It reminds me of you mentioned Gunslinger. She reminds me of Irving, the one hundred and forty second fastest gun in the West. That was a frank callup comedy.
Speaker 1: All right, I appreciate it. Thanks Minch, Thanks much. Call later this week. I owe you some time. We're done for the night, Rob Brooks, great job, Mariita, thank you very much. I want to thank all the callers, and you guys were much better tonight getting in here a little earlier. That's great. I'll end us always. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pelle Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February, that's what all your pa, That's our past. They loved you, you loved them. I do believe to see again. Have a great Tuesday, everyone, and happy birthday to my mom, who would have been one hundred and fourteen years today. She's in heaven and she's watching us. Thanks everybody,