Speaker 1: Welcome to men, sex and tantra.
Speaker 2: Discover where your parents, porn and religion never taught you about being a man and having extraordinary sex. Get ready to have your mind blown and your world rocked. Okay, Sparren is hanging in there. Are You's still here with me? And he's like even clapping his hands. It's like I said, you just reflected back that this is kind of fun because you're being able to look at where you've come from and where you are in this process, and there's a lot of gold down this. So I appreciate you showing up and doing this. And so let's jump back and then we're gonna jump forward. So back in the when I'm like you shall shouldn't do this relationship thing. And one thing we've learned with Tanya is tinya is typically right about things.
Speaker 1: You have a little bit of experience.
Speaker 2: I guess whatever, Yeah, yeah, whatever, Tina, fuck that. Okay, So you went ahead with this relationship anyway, the one that you know you learned how to say no to me but not no to ye and tell me what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned it like three months in about that she did You didn't use this verbiage right in the beginning. But when I got three months in or so, she's like, this woman has a life raft, and I was like, okay, but I need a life raft right now. So we kind of negotiated that aspect and U because I was going through so much trauma with the kids, and I was going just getting used to my new new life, my new normal, And then I knew it wasn't going to be a permanent thing for a variety of different reasons. How the woman showed up in the world, and how I was showing up around the woman. Like I was talking earlier about, the best version of myself wasn't being with her, and so I was not showing up really well when I was around her. And I don't blame her for that. I blame myself for that. And so it it ultimately ended three and a half years later.
Speaker 1: It ended. What's a good way.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like nuclear, It didn't go blow up, but it just ied at some point I deserve better, a better life, a better partner, and this doesn't work for me. And like I said earlier, if it doesn't work for me, it doesn't work. The relationship doesn't work. And so I had to end it because I was like, I'm becoming a worse version of myself. And I wouldn't say I was going back to where I was, but I was just creating new new trauma kind of loops and new stupid things that I knew were bad. And I was like, I'm not keep I'm not going to go down this road. It worked way too or it on all kinds of different things over my years, and so I ended it. And now yeah, I'm solo and for like six months or so, and it's it's been different. It's it's like I love it being quiet, which is that was so fearful when it first started out, being in a quiet space, being with my own thoughts on my own head, and and like right now, I down music on and I have nothing in the backgrounds. There's no even not a minor distraction. And it's being quiet and living a new life in my own new skin that I like and improving every day. It feels like I'm not repairing things anymore. I'm growing now, which is great. Like that for a while, and so not having to deal with all these traumas I've kind of it's like, you know, you're trying to backpack full all your traumas around, and if you don't let them go, you're going to bring them to the next relationship, You're going to bring in the next business situation.
Speaker 1: And so it's nice to kind.
Speaker 3: Of, I think, have the backpack at least a lot lighter, and now I could start feeling with stuff I love.
Speaker 1: And that's that's way different from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I like that you said that that you know, a lot of the times when I'm working with people, of course they come to me because there's a problem, a challenge, right, and so they come to me with the challenge, and most stay after the challenge because then, like you said, now it's like the personal growth work. It's like the challenge is over. How do I make sure I don't ever do that again? Yeah, And that was me with you. It's like, look, you still you haven't cleared this. It's just because you left doesn't mean you're in a position to be in a relationship because you're going to fall back into the same pattern for sure, and that's normal. That's what we're gonna that's what we do because it takes time to rebuild the pattern, and we do it best on our own. So I would almost tell every single person when you get out of a relationship, it's best to spend time on your own so you can without the noise. And we're talking literally and figuratively. We're talking about like, you know, without somebody else's influence and dynamic, you can get to where you need to get faster, because once you layer a dynamic in there, you're walking into the same patterns. Chances are the person picked you because you were running those patterns and that's what they were attracted to. That's the interesting thing. People. We're attracted to people that either are opposite of our trauma bonds or the same as our trauma bonds. And a lot of people trauma bond together, especially when they get divorced, and the next person they talk to their like you know, whether that's rebound or whatever. But so even though yes, you did that, I supported you through that new relationship. At times, I always know when something's up it's because you like disappear, you won't talk.
Speaker 1: About I think I go quite un meditating a lot by myself.
Speaker 2: And he goes so all a sudden, I'm like, huh, I haven't seen a fair and in a while what's going on, you know, but revisiting like how you how how what was being going on with the treatment, you know, how things were changing, the patterns you were stepping back into, but you were also challenging those you were doing new things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: The one great thing is you know we were in we were still in touch, we were still coaching, and you'd say, this is what's going on. Yeah, I'd say, we'll have this conversation. So you started having to say no and having difficult and like need conversation. Tell me about that, like actually exploring what your needs were for the point you didn't even know what needs you had before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I needed to survive in the last relationship with the or my marriage, but this relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're very accurate because.
Speaker 3: Uh, I told myself and also talking to you, is that if I'm going to go into another relationship, it cannot be like the last relationship. So the needs, wants, the desires, anything that that angered me and or emotionally felt just distraught.
Speaker 1: I guess you could put it.
Speaker 3: I was going to address and so I did it with the last girlfriend on multiple occasions. And then at some point when you don't see your partner changing and you need them to change, or you need them to address certain issues in your relationship. You have to make a decision is more important for my sanity to stay in this relationship and just start to eat shit again or step out of it. And so working with you in that regards to helped me understand that I have to value myself at a higher level if I want to be a different version of myself. So that was that was going from the survive perspective to thrive. And so that's when I started because I knew in that relationship she's a lovely person and still lovely, but I knew that ultimately, unless she did her trauma kind of work, this is never going to work.
Speaker 1: And she wasn't.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Okay, we have stuff that I'm working on my own. You're not doing anything on your side. I'm like, this is ultimately going to come to a chasm or fork in the road where I get to I'm probably gonna have to step out of it because you're not doing your work. And so I wanted to get to a point where I could thrive in life instead of just survived. And so we kind of put a pattern a pattern timelines together and frameworks some stuff. And I had that tough conversation multiple times, but it wasn't working.
Speaker 1: And it just wasn't working.
Speaker 3: If your partner is not working on themselves, when either you're having a conflict with it.
Speaker 1: And you can't get her to move, it's not going to work. It's just not going to work.
Speaker 3: And so that I wanted to I wanted to thrive in the next you know, thirty forty whatever years I have left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, and I think the big thing was like in the situation right now, you wouldn't actually pick her today, So this would not be somebody that you would pick today. And so that's that's part of it is when we're going through big growth and challenges and challenges, the chances are, you know, if we're with somebody, we're going to try to make them change or that work. Women do this all the time too. Like they get with a guy and like he thought everything was cool, you know, sitting drinking bud and his wife, beaters shirt, scratching his balls watching football. We're like thinking, that's like what's going to stay that way? Now all of a sudden, she's getting rid of the chair and the football and the way because women want the man to grow. And so every guy who's ever listened to my show knows I adore men, and I hats off to fucking men who want to grow and do the challenging work. It's not as easy for men as it is for women. Women are kind of designed and built to grow. Yeah, it's men are more emotionally sensitive. They are not as emotionally resilient. They tick the hits in their childhood and teenagehood way harder, carry them way longer than a woman ever will. And from the first disappointment of their mother not smiling at them to their first rejection in school when they have a crush on somebody, they wear that for a long time. And so one of the things that I think it's important to know that as a man, if you are embark if you are embarking on self growth, if you're embarking, I don't know if you're wanting to let go of the trauma and all the things that you were raised with. Mass respect, And I tell women all the time, if you do, know, you got to respect the shit out of a man who is willing to start changing things because you're not hired wired to do that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there's a difference between male and female and that interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, women are just we're built for potential, raising potential babies. We're raising kids, seeing potential, raising that potential for loving the messy stuff when it happens, because and more emotionally resilient. The way our hormemonnes are set up and stuff. Men are made to stay the course once they get programmed, they're supposed to stay the course. And that's so that they could leave and go hunting, gathering, leave people they loved all this stuff. The ability to compartmentalize and disconnect used to be helpful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see totally.
Speaker 3: I can see that programming the wild kind of the old operating system we worked off of. Yeah, I can tell you see that, because you need to be able to departmentalize it. It's like in times of war, it's like you don't start thinking about you didn't wash the dishes or something like that.
Speaker 1: Tribe or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, in the tribe, it used to be that, you know, the tribe, women gathered together, women raised babies and people together. So we had our tribe and we had nurturing and stuff like that, and then the men would go to the hunting and different things, unless it was an Amazonian you know, warrior women, warrior tribe, in which case it might be different. But you know, so the ability to leave what you love and leave what you value in order to provide right creates a different kind of.
Speaker 1: Programming, biochemical reactions.
Speaker 2: In your brain exactly, exactly. So you know, men that listen to this show are trying to learn stuff, whether it's to have better sex, and they One of the things you realized because we did work on sex stuff too, is that better sex isn't necessarily about techniques.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, presence soniques you did teach me that I've used, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I agree, no it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you show up more for yourself. How do you think you're a better lover?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: If you're grounded in your own skin and you're comfortable in your own your body and your own mind and where your in life and where you're going, it doesn't actually be become that traumatic either if you have to cut someone out of your life in regards to like a relationship, either a short term relationship or long term, because you know who you are, it's huge and I think women feel that when you're in a bedroom with them as well.
Speaker 1: Or even like going to the bar ever, I mean, hagg it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm relatively good looking guy, but I get picked up on by women and stuff. It's and it's still, I don't say uncomfortable. It's something that's new for me because I've been single for like thirty years and so it's but I don't think it's as much as my looks as my presence, because I'm comfortable in my own skin and I walk in and I show that presence, and you show up differently, and I think you could take it from the boardroom to the bar, to walk the bedroom.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, so the ability to handle your nervous system because you've learned emotional regulation, you've learned how to be emotional, not not but in a healthy way, and then getting rid of the stress and anxiety that you were chronically under and being comfortable like that and also like, yeah, you were new. I love the fact that it's like women are looking at me, you know, because that wasn't the thing that you're young women. There are young women over here, you know, and you know, I like to get I'm always honest with my male clients when they start dating and stuff, you know, I'll give them their assessment, you know, because if somebody, if a guy says to me, oh, you know, I'm going to go date and I don't know that anybody's going to look at me if a man, if I'm working with a man who is considered not attractive by most standards, and there's a thing, then I'm like, you're not leading with that, right, But they they will still, like you said, the presence trumps it. All women will pick men who are you make them laugh, who are safe, feel safe right, and touch their heart over just a hot guy.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to look at hot Everybody's like, that's just the reality of life, is we all like hot men. Women are just as visual as men are. Let's just call it what it is, hot as hot and nothing wrong with that. And if that's the only thing you're looking at, of course you're leaving a lot on the table. In a way. You also have said that you like you want to be able to talk to somebody.
Speaker 3: M I mean like yeah, yeah, for sure, from from my intelligence or place chip standpoint or anything. I mean, it's like I think You're right, an attractive woman opens the door. Literally, I'm like, or figured that we could say that opens the door to a conversation. But if I get in the room and the conversation is dead, I'm gone there, yeah, like a barn door, We're brain dead. I'm just like, I can't know. That's why I can't. I haven't tried to and I won't most likely try to. But a date younger women like in their twenties, and friends are like, you should go to this bar and do this, And I was like, what are we going to talk to a twenty five year old about?
Speaker 1: She might be a super hot, but what am I going to talk to her about?
Speaker 3: I have to So for me, if you want to put a hierarchy on on females, like they got to be attractive to a certain respect, but they one or two points up or down, it's not going to be that variable for me. But the the intelligence, they got to be intellig I love talking to you, it's just you have to have someone that's intelligent.
Speaker 1: And if they're not intelligent, what are you going to do? What do you if you go for a hike with them and you're like, they're staring at the ground and eating rocks or something.
Speaker 2: You're just like they're staring at their ass in front of you. You just keep your keep your.
Speaker 1: I mean, sex only lasts so long as a percentage of the day, and it's like no, no way, no way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, showing up with a different presence physically, and I'm in good shape too as well, that's that makes it more confident inspiring. But it shows up differently for women, sure, I mean they get way more attracted to it, and it's surprising because I'm still not used to it. I'm comfortable in my own skin, but I'm not comfortable to the physical intention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not used to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact that I told you that women were going to throw themselves at you as soon as you went out there, and you were like yeah, whatever, and then all of a sudden like oh hey.
Speaker 1: What the Yeah, this wasn't like when I was nineteen and one hundred and seventy pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's a different world out there, for sure about what we all want, what we're looking for, and with that comes responsibility. Yeah, because you could be the kid in the candy store just like oh they should I don't really care about any consequence here, I'm just doing everything and yet how would that it would serve your ego? But how would that serve you in general? Do you think if that's where you were.
Speaker 1: Like transactional kind of sex things? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: This all comes back to for me, I don't the transactional sex is fine, but it's I don't like to burking. I want a steak, so I would sit out for a state my perception of women, and I'd rather wait for that steak. But I think this all wraps in for me thinking about this is like once you learn the kind and what the difference between kind and nice is. Once you get comfortable in your own skin, once you can calm yourself down, you start showing up differently. And like you said, the girl I just broke up with, I wouldn't date now because I'm a different person than when we started. So that's once you start to understand who you are and how to comfort yourself, you start showing up differently, and different women start showing up in your life at a most likely a lot higher level than you've ever had in your past. So that's the part I don't I know the interior results of how I feel and now I'm physically showing up, but I don't see the exterior results. Meaning now I'm seeing the women show up, and I'm like and business opportunities. Actually everything's getting a lot better because I know. I know that I'm showing up different in differently in the world, and my mindset's different and my habits are different, and everything's changed.
Speaker 1: Because I decided to go down this path. It's not easy, but my life is.
Speaker 3: A thousand, a million times better than it was when I was married, like a million. I can't even measure it. And so like myself myself, just if I didn't have the material possessis or women anything, I am a lot better than.
Speaker 1: I was I was married.
Speaker 2: So just feeling better, just feeling better about life and yourself. But so the business part is interesting too, right because if you think about it now, like who you are and how you have relationships with anybody, anybody, everybody, anybody is different, and so how does that help when it comes to business? I mean, can you like take a step out, like what what would that have been like knowing that.
Speaker 3: When you first Oh shit, man, like if we'd have done this, I wish we'd have known each other when I was like a teenager, after deal with a million different things I dealt with as a child, and none wrapping these trauma up things earlier because I would be man from business perspective, million miles ahead.
Speaker 1: But from a.
Speaker 3: Business perspective, you start showing up like present day. You start showing up differently. In negotiations, you start showing up differently and how people want to put you in partnerships, Like I had a guy that wanted to I'm trying to buy self storage companies right now. And this guy's worth like, let's say, ten million dollars and I'm not worth ten million, and he's done stuff I've not done, and I really wanted to get in the room with him. So I got in the proverbial room with him to help buy a storage company. And the way he negotiated it was not advantageous for me. But in the past I would have sacrificed and literally eaten shit because I wanted to learn. But now I'm like, no way. I know my value, I know my strengths, and I know there's more opportunities. It's like when you're in a relationship like the girl I just broke up with I thought there was only one woman, you know, that was going to love me, because I just went from a terrible relationship. So you start taking these things you learned in an intimate relationship and applying in the business and knowing that there's always another business opportunity, there's always another relationship. If this doesn't fit me, it doesn't fit me, and go to the next one. And so I showed up differently, and I look at business opportunities differently because I don't feel a sense of scarcity. I know there's a lot, there's a plethora of stuff out there's a plethoro of women out there. This woman doesn't work, or this business doesn't work. It doesn't work, so move on to the next one. Because it's like, what was the guy I can't remember his name, the Virgin Airlines, rich Richard Branson, and he says, like businesses are business opportunities. Like buses. You know one will leave and one will definitely be coming right down right around the corners. Just sit and wait for the next one. And so it's same with women and same with business, and same with everything. There's always another opportunity, but your time is not You don't know how much more time. So sitting around and waiting for the perfect opportunity to get out of a situation doesn't work. It's not it's not healthy. It's not healthy to step into it. You have to step into the pain. It's not it's not fun like you're saying it's I didn't know there's a difference between men and women.
Speaker 1: But the the it was hard. It's super hard. But I mean the better you get it doing the harder things, the better your life is going to be.
Speaker 2: Well. I think one of the things that has always worked well for me in life is that I'm not afraid of being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: You know if it's my own discomfort, or you know that I've got to say something to somebody else that's going to be on comfortable or whatever, until like, I just got to experience discomfort that I haven't experienced in a long long time. I don't know if you I've said this on the Lap with the last guest, but I one of my goals this year was to make a music album.
Speaker 1: Okay you mentioned that your last time, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And I just shared my the first song I created out into the few people, and it scared the fuck out of me. I was so surprised. I was like, oh, I'm gonna tell you. I like, oh my god, I don't what if I have not had that feeling about anything, you know, when I put out books or i'm speeches or whatever the hell I'm doing, I'm just hear it whatever. And so it's been a while since I which I was like curious, like what does this mean? Why am I? That was so an interesting, like fascinating. But that makes me that.
Speaker 3: They call that growth in my industry. You see, that's what an opportunity growing is. And I'm just glad you're on your podcast to talk about.
Speaker 2: God, you know what, Thank you, Sar. And I don't I think you're the way you're laying that out for me. You're laying that down for me is something that I find really growth. So I should probably write that. Should I put that in my notebook?
Speaker 1: There's something l seventeen letters.
Speaker 2: It's going to grow awesome, And so that growth thing, what should I do? Tell me? Give me some tangible steps, because this is how we're going to end this, So give me.
Speaker 1: I should have not opened my mouth. That's what happens.
Speaker 2: Lean into the uncomfort the discomfort that I'm feeling for growth, What should I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, you get comfortable getting uncomfortable about what I do. If I was in your shoes, I would write down the emotional what your emotional feeling right then and kind of sit with that and be like, why is this feeling?
Speaker 1: Is it excitement? Is it fear? Is it anxiety?
Speaker 3: And kind of sit with each one of those words, and is it something from the past or is it something that's exciting you because an opportunity to grow there and that that's just because I'm thinking about same thing, which is I want to do a five minute stand up comedy thing and I haven't set it out yet. I'm like, or it, So I'm like and I'm super sarcastic, so I don't think it'll be hard. But it's one of those things where my stomach goes, oh shit, Like buying self storage doesn't do that, Buying companies, building these other properties I'm building.
Speaker 1: And dating, none of that gets me scared per se, but this kind of gets me like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that I bombed my first comedy to be fucking hard and you know how funny I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Shit bomb the fuck out of it. It was devastating, but I'm gonna do it again. I have a friend who does stand up when I've worked on a three minute stet, so we'll we'll have to have some fun together. Okay, lean into this, guys. You got to lean into the discomfort, whether it's your emotion, something you're avoiding, whatever it is, and you'll find out that people who are successful, like Farrien, I would put him in success category for sure myself. People that are successful learn how to deal with their emotion a landscape, and their ability to feel the feelings that are scary and uncomfortable instead of distract from them. Instead of you know, run from them, avoid them whatever the hell is happening here, you learn to lean into it because you figure out that even though it feels like it might kill you. And I know that most men I've talked to, and I'm talking about like X you know, special ops, marine guys and all sorts of things are scared that when they break open that feeling, it'll never stop and they'll be devastated by that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, especially if you're going about with the wrong person or wrong partner.
Speaker 2: It's very challenging, absolutely and it's not that people won't take advantage of that. Yes, can you be emasculated by somebody 'or with when they ask you to show up emotionally and you do and they're toxic and don't know how to handle it. Yes, that's horrible. You should hear what I tell women that do that to men. If you want to hear me tough with man, you should hear what I am with women who know better. Absolutely. The women are always like, oh, we're couples with Tanya, she's gonna like and then I look at the woman and I'm like, that ship's got to stop now, and she's like, wait, hold up, the guys'll be me. Yeah, So women have more ability to handle more stuff. So I make women way more accountable and a lot of the ship that's going on. And uh, but yes, the it's always going to be about not distraction. It's always going to be about showing up for what's actually really happening inside of you. And if you don't feel anything, you're not alone. It's not that you're stoic or devoid of those feelings. Is you've become really good at distracting your self. Thanks Baron, I really appreciate being on.
Speaker 3: You're awesome, always fun, Tanya, thank you for the Opportunity's fun to chat with the funnesty of your smile and face.
Speaker 1: I know nobody else gets to see it right now, but whatever, it's good time. I appreciate it
Speaker 2: And gentlemen, we'll be back.