Speaker 1: Show time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear. Corrilla is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 1: Carrilla is the one that you need to know. Now, is show all right?
Speaker 3: In just sixty seconds? The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, Bigley, and he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: He's almost here.
Speaker 3: I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 2: Show sign.
Speaker 1: Hello and Happy Monday, March tenth. That is the Carell Cast Today.
Speaker 4: Broken Hearts can actually kill and I've got the proof. Plus Lady Gaga is back, but is are album good? And some really personal topics from the heart all today on the Correll Cast.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, Unfiltered, un Hinged. It's the Corell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the cREL Cast.
Speaker 4: I am Carell. Happy Monday, March tenth, So glad you are joining me. God, this year is flying by Hope you sprung forward and it is ten thirty for you on the West Coast, not nine thirty. Hope you're here with us in the New Age. I of course set my time back on Friday. That way, I ease on down the road.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Broken hearts can kill, and I've got the proof. We're gonna talk about broken heart syndrome and how it took someone very famous from us. Also, we're going to talk about Lady Gaga a little bit because her new album Mayhem is out and people are talking about, Oh, she's back.
Speaker 1: She's back. I didn't know she left. So we're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 4: But before we do, and at the risk of alienating you new Instagram or TikTok users, Hello, my patrons at patreon dot com, Forward slash Really Correll, the reason the show exists, and all of you at YouTube dot com. Forward slash Really Correll in the chat room saying hello to Michigan Rob and Brian Kay and James. Of course, I know there's sounds somewhere. There's got to be sound. I mean, I hope there sound. I show their sounds, so I hope there's sound. Anyway, and am I recording? Yes, I'm recording. Okay, good, just in case, Just in case there's a problem. I wanted to start with something personal, okay, because I find over thirty years of talk radio that when I go personal, it tends to resonate with you guys more than anything. And today's show is going to be very personal, even though it's going to be based in world topics. Canada has a new prime minister. Trump is behaving like Trump, Musk is behaving like Musk. Maga's behaving like Maga. So we'll talk about that, but that is part of the show. On Friday morning, my day off, I woke up angry at myself.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I spent the better part of Thursday and Friday on the phone with SEDS trying to get my referral down there for this neurological issue that I'm quite sure was caused by the shingles vaccine. And now my hands and feet are tingly as we speak right now, they're tingly. I ran up my hills, I did yoga, but you know, so I woke up up Friday morning angry and I said to myself.
Speaker 1: All you do your entire life.
Speaker 4: Is worry about medical issues, sea doctors, fret over Donald Trump, fret over climate change, worry about all the horrors happening to the people in the country, the price of groceries, the price of gas, the price of living, you know, and that's all you do.
Speaker 1: That's your entire life.
Speaker 4: Medical anxiety based in fact, I really have tingling hands and feet and all this other stuff, you know, fisticulations. Now both of my feet on the bottom are moving and the toes are moving, and that's new. It was just my calf and now it's my toes. Could it just be neuropathy? Could it be one of the many conditions I already have radical pathy other things?
Speaker 1: Yes? Could it be something horrible? Yes? Have they told me no?
Speaker 4: So I think of at it all the time, all day every day. All I think about is do I have MS? Do I have some other neurological disease? Where is this going to end?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm getting tingly, you know, what's going to happen to me? And then the what's going to happen to me? With Donald Trump? They're repealing all the LGBTQ community rights. They're about to say it's okay to do conversion therapy again. That's going in front of the Supreme Court. They're going to overterm same sex marriage. Hell, we've got Gavin Newsom going anti trans here.
Speaker 1: So all I worry about is health.
Speaker 4: What Donald Trump is going to do to me in the country, what MAGA is going to do to me in the country, And how I'm going to live if social Security goes away. Why the show isn't bigger. You know, That's all I do all day long. And that is not a good life, Okay it's not. And I got mad at myself on Friday and said, this has to stop. People with als, people with terminal illnesses, don't have the life that you have. This has to stop. I can't spend all day every day and my left hand is tingling right now. I can't spend all day every day as if to remind me worrying that I'm dying.
Speaker 1: And I really am worried.
Speaker 4: That this neurological thing is going to keep progressing and put me in a wheelchair and then kill me. I really am worried about that. And I haven't been told to worry about that yet. And I still jog up the hill and I still do yoga. Yeah, a tingling, but at least I'm not weak. And so I said, what are you going to do about it? What are you gonna do about it? How are you going to change when A you're having real physical symptoms, they don't refer you to a giant medical center if you're not, and B trying.
Speaker 1: Threat is real.
Speaker 4: You know, Canada is taking the threat of war with the United States very seriously. Their new prime minister the only thing that he's going to be dealing with is Donald Trump. Other countries are taking the threat of Donald Trump very very seriously. So how am I going to stop thinking about things that are actually happening to me and to the country. And so I spent the weekend lost, And I mean that lost, Like, who are you if you don't worry about your health all day long? Who are you if you don't worry about Donald Trump all day long? If you just block it out and say, you know, whatever's going to happen is gonna happen. I can't stop it. All I can do is deal with the aftermath. And that's for both situations, my health and Trump. I can't stop either of those things from happening. That shot, if it kills me, then that's what kills me. I can't stop what's happening to my body because of this reaction to this shot a year ago.
Speaker 1: And I can't stop what's.
Speaker 4: Happening to the United States and Donald Trump's hands and Maga's hands are about to shut down the government.
Speaker 1: I can't stop that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to affect me, may affect my benefits, may affect all kinds of stuff. But I can't stop it from happening. And you can never really be prepared. I can't prepare myself mentally for some horrible diagnosis, just like I can't prepare myself mentally for what happens if Social Security suddenly goes away or Medicare gets cut. You can't prepare for that. So what what do we do? Because many of you are in that same boat of despair. Many of you spend your entire day worrying about Trump and Musk and Maga, or about your income or about your health.
Speaker 1: And that's no way to live. It isn't It just isn't. So what do you do? How do you get out of that? Well?
Speaker 4: As I was lost over the weekend, I got busy. I got busy. I went out to Taco Terrian and had some delicious vegan Beria ramen. Oh my god, it's their special. It's worth flying to Vegas for. It's delicious. It's ramen made out of beria sauce with bedia on top.
Speaker 1: Vegan. It's so good.
Speaker 4: And I did the press release for Do You Want to Funk? And I acted like I'm actually going to have a successful single coming out in April on a label. I got busy. What else did I do? The hardest thing in the world, the absolute hardest thing in the world. Let go, I let go, I let go. Whatever is gonna happen to me healthwise is gonna happen. I'm not gonna dwell on every symptom.
Speaker 1: Whatever is gonna happen to the country is gonna happen. I'm not gonna dwell on every outfit. Let go. How do you do that? Well, it's a conscious decision.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you about that, and we'll talk about Broken Heart. We want to support the corell cast, then like and subscribe to YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 1: Someone said in the chat room are they going to impeach Gavin Newsom? Again?
Speaker 4: I said, for what unpopular opinions? He hasn't done anything wrong. So letting go is what we all need to practice. We do, and the other thing is start focusing. You know another story that touched my heart and that does play into my fears of health is the Gene Hackman story.
Speaker 1: That story is that is quite a story.
Speaker 4: Now imagine, Okay, there he is at his house with his wife really keeping him alive. Everybody agrees he's ninety five, and he lived a lot longer with his pacemaker and his dementia.
Speaker 1: Than he would have had not been alive. I understand about that. Many think Andrew would have died years before had I not been in his world. A reason to live can keep you alive.
Speaker 4: I really want to stay alive no matter what, for five to six more years.
Speaker 1: Because of Ember. No one's gonna take care of her like I do. I will fight.
Speaker 4: I will fight if it puts with this neurological thing.
Speaker 1: Puts me in a wheelchair.
Speaker 4: So long as it doesn't kill me, I will fight because Ember needs me. You guys need me, So I will fight. And Gene Hackman thought because of his wife, and I think we know many couples that are that way. And then somehow, and I don't know how, she got the haunt of virus. So obviously she came in touch with Pooh from rats or raccoons or something, and she got the haunt of virus and unbeingown to her, I bet because it progressed and it attacked her heart and she died. And she died a week before Gene Hackman. So there was Gene Hackman, demented with heart issues in this house with a dog in a cage and his wife dead for a week, probably not eating, probably not drinking properly, probably not taking his meds. And then, what I believe, in a moment of clarity, he realized his beloved wife is dead and it literally broke his heart. We know he died from broken heart syndrome. Broken heart syndrome is real. When you get emotionally overworked and deeply distraught, it can affect a portion of your heart, effectively killing one of the ventricles of your heart and can cause death. You can actually die of a broken heart, and people have, and I certainly believe Gene Hackman did. And think of his life, privileged actor, Academy Award winner, respected in the community, and his last week was spent in caged in this house, walking around demented with a broken heart until it finally quit. That has got to be one of the most profoundly sad stories I have ever heard in my life. And to think, you know, I just watched a Runaway Jury on Netflix with Dustin Hoffman and Gene Hackman and all these people, Rachel Weiss and John Cusack, a fairy tale about someone winning against the gun lobby for gun violence, and I saw him alive and vibrant, and I thought, had you known how you were going to die, would it have changed the way you lived? And none of us know the answer. I keep trying to find the answer. I keep That's what part of my medical anxiety is all about, like, well, how am I gonna end up going out? And of course, unless you get some actual terminal illness, you never really know.
Speaker 1: Do you all know?
Speaker 4: Do any of you ever wonder how you're actually gonna go, Like, is it gonna be cancer or car wreck or what?
Speaker 1: Do any of you actually think about that? Like?
Speaker 4: I think about it all the time. How am I gonna go? Do any of you wonder how you're gonna go? Most people don't wonder about it. They're like, I'll find out when I get there. But I think think about Gene Hackman, and what a tragic end to that story.
Speaker 1: Just tragic.
Speaker 4: I mean you think of someone like I always call him mel Tormae. He's not he's saying with Lady Gaga. I never can remember his name. It's horrible and I'm sorry, but famous singer Tony Bennett. Tony Bennett, Yes he got dementia, but he left singing. He gave a concert a week before he died. I think he went the way he wanted to go. Gene Hackman, No one wants to go that way. And that's from a broken heart. He literally his heart broke when his wife died and it ended up killing him. What a And there's so many questions I have. How can he be alone for a week and nobody knows? You know, every morning I send out emojis to everybody every morning to about twelve people I can tell you on my list, it's Steve Cabral, David Ethridge, Tyler Banister, Hanniboalty, Toby, my sister, just Brandon, James Loud just on down the list. I have a list, Yvonne dw and I do that so they know I'm up and about. I'm sixty two. I live alone, and there's a lot of things scaring me these days. A member of the group Tony Tony Tony just died at sixty three of bladder cancer. Angie Stone just died at sixty four in a car crash. All these people that I love and admire are dying in their sixties, and I'm like, uh, but Gene Hackman and a broken heart and demented and alone. No matter what, somebody should have found him five days on his own or seven days on his own, where nobody missed him, nobody cared enough to go check on him. Whether he's a recluse or whatever, that doesn't matter when you don't hear from someone from five to seven days, and you you know, I mean, it's just the saddest story.
Speaker 1: And none of us want to end up that way.
Speaker 4: We don't want to end up in a home but at the same time, we don't want to wind up walking around our house for a week and then dropping dead.
Speaker 1: Just the saddest, saddest stories, you know.
Speaker 4: Really, it's Gene Hackman's story. Epitomizes that you've got to live your life to the fullest, now, right now today. And that goes back to me being angry at myself about worrying about medical.
Speaker 1: Things and Donald Trump all the time. That's not living life to the fullest.
Speaker 4: Spending every day as an American worrying about the government is not what the Founders had in.
Speaker 1: Mind, do you know.
Speaker 4: See and I were talking about the Founders, and I said, you know, the Founders spoke with a British.
Speaker 1: Accent, and she said they did. I said, well, of course they did.
Speaker 4: Their parents, for the most part were from England or France or wherever, so they did not speak American. They spoke with a British accent. Well, we looked it up. They did speak with a British accent. So the Declaration of Independence when read by Thomas Jefferson, would have been read with a British accent. Jefferson's parents were from Wales now Adams. His parents were from the colony in Massachusetts that got settled in the sixteen hundreds by the British. That's when the British came here sixteen hundreds, but their parents had British accents, so the founders would have British.
Speaker 1: You ever thought about that? I thought about ten. I'm under.
Speaker 4: He I say, hey Corel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Corel. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube and supports the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash really Correl thanks for almost thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 1: Ew we hold these truths to be self evident.
Speaker 4: I just I never really thought about it until I met you and I were talking like, did our founders have British accents? And yes, Chat, GPG and other resources say yes, they did, and they got them from their parents because their parents were basically our founders were. Most of our founders were first generation. Some of our founders were second generation. Adams's parents were born in the colony in Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: His grandparents were from England.
Speaker 4: But a majority of our founders were first generation, and so their parents, you know, were of European descent, and so they had the accents of where they came from, whether it was Germany or or you know, Britain or France or whatever. So, you know, I still can't get over Gene Hackman. All I picture is this poor man walking around this house, you know, for a week, not knowing where he was, what was going on, probably wondering why his wife, probably not even comprehending dead, you know, wondering why she's on the floor.
Speaker 1: He obviously didn't uncreate the.
Speaker 4: Dog, so the dog suffered for a week while Gene Hackman just walked around the house and then his broken heart killed him. That's just however, I go Olmighty Universe, Please don't let it be that way, you know, please. But going back to how it's no way to live. It's no way to live. Worrying about Trump and Muscat. It's no way to live. Worrying about your health and access to healthcare and everything every day. That's just no way to live. So this weekend I thought, well, what's one of the things I used to like to do well. I used to like to listen to music. So Lady Gaga has a new album and everyone's like, oh, she's back, She's back to her roots.
Speaker 1: And I listened to it, and yes, it is like an early Lady Gaga album Mayhem, it's called Abra Cadabra is a great song, Abra cadab I think she's casting a spell on us all. I think it's a real spell. Abra cadabra. Ohma oh la la. So yes, she's back. But I have to tell you it. I don't know who it's for.
Speaker 4: Okay, because she's mother Monster and her little monsters are.
Speaker 1: Now in their thirties.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you were fifteen when Lady Gaga came out and we're Gaga over here, you're now thirty plus, so their musical tastes have changed.
Speaker 1: So I'm not really sure who this album is four. I like it. It's good.
Speaker 4: It's a good record, lots of good dance songs on it, interesting melodies, all of that. But at the same time, I'm like, I really liked her album with Tony Bennett. I really like some of her ballads. I like I like when she explores other musical genres, and I guess people didn't like that, and now she's back to the Lady Gaga sound and everyone's all, oh, Bravo, bravo, And I thought, is that sad? Is it sad that she can't change as she ages, because, honey, I saw her on Saturday Night Live when she did Abercadabra.
Speaker 1: She ain't gonna be dancing like that when she's seventy.
Speaker 4: Okay, even Madonna's you know, calming it down now, And how weird would that be to be Gaga and Madonna. I bet they really think about age share because your body can't do what it used to do and your audience is used to you being a certain way. And you know, I mean, Madonna's not going to be seventy five out there doing lack a virgin rolling on the floor. Nobody wants to see that leaven snail tracks everywhere. It wouldn't be pretty. The same with Gaga, So it's weird that we don't want them to change. It's like, no, go back to your roots. And it's like, well, her roots were when she was in her twenties. She's well in her I think she's in her forties, Alexa.
Speaker 1: How old is Lady Gaga? Hm? Gaga thirty eight.
Speaker 4: She's thirty eight, so she obviously came out when she was like twenty three, twenty four years old, So you change from twenty three to thirty eight, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's a good record. I mean, listen to it. It's great.
Speaker 4: It's good record, a lot of good songs on it. To dance and sing, get up and do your thing. But I don't think saying I don't think it's fair to say, oh she's back.
Speaker 1: She never left. She just changed musical styles and explored different things and had fun being Lady Yaga.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So all right, So what else have we got on the plate today? Well, I mean, I'm not I'm just Canada has replaced their prime minister Trudeau has gone sad for me because I like Justin Trudeau. I read a scary editorial yesterday that said Trump truly plans to attack Canada and Greenland. That's pretty scary. I don't know that the world would let him, but we'll see. The rest of the world is in a hurry to re arm themselves and not rely on us. That means that they're preparing to go to war with us. That's frightening. Yeah, there's so much frightening in the world right now. Food prices I went to the grocery. I have to go again today. Oh my god, they've already gone up because you see, while Trump vacillates, you know, on these tariffs, tariffs whatever, the rest of the world has not. You know, they he slapped him in, they slapped theirs. Now he's put a hold on some they have not. Oh, and he's putting a two hundred and fifty percent tariff on dairy from Canada, so all you non vegans, you know, and that's just a shame. And then socially, still picking on the gays, still picking on the trans now we've got Gavin new Look. The issue is complex, and what I said last week about I kind of agree that it's unfair. I've now read a lot more and I have no problem with trans men and women competing in athletics. And if there is a problem, it should be case by case. In other words, if there is a six foot two, well muscled woman who used to be a man and she transitioned after male puberty, then yeah, maybe she shouldn't compete in the swimming category with the regular women. Maybe there should be an open category. But for most non contact sports and such, it's a non issue. Leave them alone, let them compete. The only time that becomes an issue is in a sport like swimming or in a contact sport. And if the trans male to female completed puberty before transitioning, and that brings it down to such a minuscule number of athletes that it's not worth worrying about. And the government is not the one that should be deciding that these sports organizations and the teammates should be the ones deciding that, But leave trans people alone and let them compete. You know what, It's not an unfair advantage in most sports. And if there is some sort of unfairness in one particular case, then deal with that, but not as a federal government. And it's not up to you and I either. It should be up to the people in the sports. That's who it should be up to. And there's all these other factors. Did they transition after puberty, what is their testosterone level, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So you know what, we.
Speaker 4: Need to stay out of that. It's none our business, none ya, none ya business. So I was wrong last week. You know, I did more research and found out that this is not really a problem. This is something the right grabs onto, but it's not really a problem, and it's not something government should be taken care of. But we live in a time where government is running amok. But they may shut themselves down soon, so there's always hope. I guess I'm almost for a government shut down. Okay, go home, double what are you doing anyway? Maybe if the government shuts down, they won't be able to do such evil?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: I am carrel VI who you want to be, so to hurt anybody. Be back tomorrow Tuesday, I gonna have a little more fun. We're gonna do some vegan things this week because every report that comes out said it's the way for you to eat, and so.
Speaker 1: I want to help you with that, Jim.
Speaker 4: So this week we'll be doing more vegado and probably take you to see the flower, all kinds of stick around.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some fun on Instagram, pick it off, the YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify, and Burma Till tomorrow. I need you to stay safe cause I love you. Thank you, patrons.
Speaker 2: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the CORELL cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the corell cast on your favorite streaming service.