Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, what Henry. You got to Henry's early in the morning. I was shot. Yeah, that was a great you did a good job. Yeh.
Speaker 2: It was my second stop.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, my second stop.
Speaker 3: I get the graduation first. I was at Simmons first. Then I was at Henry Bacon's.
Speaker 1: That I did. I did just stabs it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh. Are you sitting during Henry Bacon's memorial?
Speaker 1: I was. I was cad Corn if I was, yeah, I was cat corna from you. Me and uh mister Callen Bill were sitting together and I was. You saw in the back rood. If you came to the other side, you would have saw me directly. And it was a great turnout of ubil Bombflas too jays. Yes, yes, I don't know if you got to feel mall.
Speaker 2: It was a great day. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I saw Lancaster Darrow and yourself.
Speaker 1: But will check Mike Grossol, the Button brothers, uh Rich Shay, uh jim My jim name Yeah, and uh Rick was there. Doctor Rick was there. It was it was quite a few gym because the gym was there. WALLEYE. Brown, I think Whytimous came in after you left, Wytimus came in at you left Walley Brown Okay, and then that was even as we came Okay, okay, okay, okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was a busy, busy weekend, George.
Speaker 1: And then oh yeah, I had two graduations, Jair.
Speaker 2: Did you where'd you go?
Speaker 1: I had a young lady that I'd been taking pictures of, miss Oriana Russian. I got to give her name. She graduated. I started taking a picture when she was sixteen. Yeair, first sixteenth birthday party, and now she's getting to go to Northwestern to medical school in psychiatric you know what I mean. I was a great dad, and now I got to go to Colonel Williams. I got to go color on Washington, who was going to work at the University of Louisville. He just retired from the military and they had a celebration after on Uail's about Phil say him for retiring. I look over thirty something years.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: But George, let me tell you what, Shannon, we can get a chance. I tried to send I don't know if it went through. Shannon at the wedding, George, I'm not going to live to you A little young punk on the other line, Anthony did a tremendous job with the toast, and I'm trying to Shannon.
Speaker 2: It did not go through.
Speaker 3: I'm going to send it to you at the break again, Shannon, because it did not go through to you or Rich but I'm gonna try to air drop it to you. But I wanted to hear the toast Anthony gave no, I'll send it to you over the break. I didn't cry, George, but it was good.
Speaker 1: Georgie was too funny to hear it.
Speaker 3: Oh, George, George, it was just hilarious. I mean, the place went crazy. It was really good. So I'm gonna try to send that to Shannon during the break. The first time. He didn't go through.
Speaker 2: Shannon. It may be a little too long, I don't know, but we'll try it again. But George, the wedding, it was really really nice.
Speaker 3: And oh George, the wedding outside of the Botanical Gardens, the reception inside, great turnout, every seat mistake, George, I see you, Anthony, I hold of Jehodah and day. Let me tell you what Andy did. And I've got to give you credit this time. At the end of the wedding. It's probably the end of reception is probably ten thirty is thirtish, and everyone we're leaving, putting the chairs up, all the things right, George, George. And they had the fireworks at the Bats game, so Mazie and Frank come out. And you are going to love these pictures, George. They sat down at the botanical gardens looking directly. They're looking directly at the fireworks, and we took pictures from behind them. Anthony got it blown up and brought it for it to his mother yesterday Mother's Day, George, Shela, Now Sheila did, she went crazy.
Speaker 2: It's gorgeous, Anthony. Tremendous job, young man.
Speaker 1: With that.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you. That was the best Mother's Day gift.
Speaker 3: You could have done a huge picture which we're gonna put somewhere in our living room, George.
Speaker 2: But it's really nice of them looking.
Speaker 3: At the fireworks and the fireworks are going off in the backdrop, George. And it's unreal. I mean, George, it's really a great picture. You George. You would like to stole this picture from you?
Speaker 2: Anthony?
Speaker 1: Well, I say, I seen two pictures just their job where that could stole from people.
Speaker 2: Where'd you get that picture?
Speaker 4: I took that one.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to put them out of business on young man, George, I don't go to the con colts trying to move, no con I'm trying to move no miracles. That good job, man. I love of those stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put it to you, George, George, You're gonna love You're gonna love it. I'm telling you many unreal Yeah, no, man, George, Yeah, really nice, really nice.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we had a great weekend, George. We did.
Speaker 1: And you know what's so funny, ja If Ednie had tried to do that again in a thousand years, it probably wouldn't have worked. You know. I say, some of your best pictures is in the right place, the right time, right situation. That's some of the best pictures in the world a photography. Y'all got a good right place right that.
Speaker 2: That is a fact, no question. I mean that's a fact. Anthony. I want you to do me a favor.
Speaker 3: Take a photo of that picture if you can, and send that to me because I'm going to send that to George so you can see it before the show's over.
Speaker 2: I want you to.
Speaker 3: So the Eaves family and we had a new addition, Macy, to the family, and everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: They were super happy. A beautiful couple.
Speaker 3: And you know, George, as we get older, there'll be other generation come in and you and I.
Speaker 1: Always always it's like, isn't it. The man said that, Uh, Henry's U my mall. The other day he says one thing for sure, he said, you can be in the best shape, the best doing the best work. Actual, he said, you know, and the back gonna be the same way, he said when they come in, he say. No. A guy who was on the volleyball park, I mean volleyball court in great shape, Jared and the doctor walked up to him and said, uh what cause of today? He said, the same thing that bails I could be.
Speaker 2: It's all George, quitch.
Speaker 1: It's all over.
Speaker 2: I tell people all the.
Speaker 3: Time that are into the business of collecting money, and no one likes to count it more than I do.
Speaker 2: But George, Uh, no one wins his race, that's all.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of people believe they are gonna lift forever. Not gonna happen, George.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what I always say, Jed, I'm getting the best out of this Rabbay because I'm know it's the one time I so I'm addening as hard as I can and I ain't giving up no days, but not having no fun.
Speaker 1: Message. Now, you play the people, So if you've got some bad problem, don't call me.
Speaker 3: What do what you can do when you can do it, George, people better understand that. Un at it, they're gonna live forever, Okay, forever.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we still.
Speaker 3: Got people at the house, George that are trying to get out of Louisville. Their flights got canceled yesterday, George, is you know flying is crazy?
Speaker 1: What was going on at the airport?
Speaker 3: Je They go to the airport to fly out and the airport was fine, but their connecting flight got canceled in Atlanta. So instead of sitting in Atlanta's airport overnight, they said, we'll just stay at the Ease House, which is what they're doing. Smart moves. I mean, come on, man, no question, it's crazy. So anyway, guys, we're already but we can.
Speaker 1: Jackson gad for you, Eve family, and I wanted to shout out great week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great weekend. And when we come back, we're gonna talk a little bit about Junior. I ever read, George. I don't know if you all know about what happened during the Kentucky Derby. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I did I do Saturday, I do it.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe it, George, and it's in the day's paper.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the suspension.
Speaker 3: He's getting horse too much, Oh, George, amazing, thirty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Fine, George, t.
Speaker 1: J he got he got screened the break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't two days? Only two days, George, just two days.
Speaker 3: I don't care, person, and thirty one percent of his purse. That was thirty one thousand dollars George. Eve Sports Radio will be back after the break. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven twenty one number five year old two five seven seventy nine hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh George, George, you're when you talk, you're drowning out everybody out. You gotta stop.
Speaker 3: You gotta slow it down, home boy, because you can't. Nobody can hear when you start speaking. We've got a gown the line that's been waiting to the first thing. So bring Johnny on, please.
Speaker 6: Good morning. Can you can you hear me?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 6: Hey, George, Uh, all right, So how's everybody's weekend?
Speaker 1: Wonderful? And yours to? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right on, So you're talking about flights getting canceled everything. I worked for a shuttle company and I pick up delta flight cruise from the Hilton that I run into the airport back and forth, and man, the weather is just crazy. Uh, they'll get delayed, and you know, I got to show up on time, so I gotta I got a flight app on my phone, you know what I mean, to make sure I'm there and get everybody to where they need to be. But the weather really impacts a lot.
Speaker 7: But uh, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, but the weather was good yesterday, Johnny, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, I know, I'm just saying in general.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean in general? Okay, okay, yeah, you're.
Speaker 6: Talking about earlier you were talking about your family and that, you know what I mean, their flights getting delayed right on? So anyhow, but my huh yeah, oh yeah, my TV service went out the other day. So I'll get on YouTube. I said, Louisvill's playing Memph the State. Now, I said, I'll watched some old Louisville medth the State games. I looked for eighty when y'all played them and first would come up.
Speaker 7: It was like eighty.
Speaker 6: Five and I've already seen all those games, you know what I mean when all the other guys played the young guys because y'all are old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're old. That's why we're old, right.
Speaker 7: So I was working in LSU.
Speaker 6: LSU Louisville came up playing in the summit. I said, I'll watch that, and Rudy Macklin was on the team, and Uh, I was like, man, he's from Louisville.
Speaker 7: I was like, how come he didn't go to Louisville? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: I can you hear me.
Speaker 2: Now in your audio, Johnny, Yes, that's better.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I said, I'm watching the ball game, and uh, the Rudy Macklin's on the team for l s U. And I was like, man, he's from Louisville. How come he didn't go to Louisville?
Speaker 2: And uh six leading scorer, yes, six leading score in l s U history.
Speaker 6: Oh No, del Brown recruited him. They said he was at Shawnee Park and uh Dell Brown picked him up and Denny was supposed to meet him and have him talk to Muhammad Ali he said, Muhammad wants me to come to Louisville. I'll go to Louisville, but Dell will beat Denny there. This is an article I read and supposedly from Rudy and he said he took me for two hours and we talked, and he said, you gonna build the program, You're gonna change everything. And so he decided to go to h L s U and go back to the park and Denny was gone.
Speaker 3: George, yes, oh yeah, George had a little bit to do. George, George, tell him about abernaty.
Speaker 1: Ron Ron. Abernaty Ron Ryan is also a guy who went to Chinese Like, uh, uh, Rudy, did you know what I mean? And like I said, uh, And dal Brown's a salesman now you know. But but oh yeah, a Louisville guy. He had a Louisville guy and a shiny guy alumni on the team, so that gave him an upper hand. So he knew the family really well. And uh, but I can see that happening too. Dal Brown was at the parking you know.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I know, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I never seen Danny at the boat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I watched the ball game. Jerry I watched the ball game. Y'all got an early lead, but you kept missing free throws. Jerry, y'all could have blown him out. I was like, man, keeps missing free throws. You but.
Speaker 1: Did I? Well, I can't remember the game I did.
Speaker 7: I watched it.
Speaker 6: Uh, you you missed some early free throws.
Speaker 7: Y'all had a ten point lead.
Speaker 6: It was tied at the half, and then y'all got up big in the second half.
Speaker 7: Y'all beat him by twenty so it was over. You know what I mean? So I had the game.
Speaker 2: How did I play?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Hell? How did I play?
Speaker 7: You played well? You played well.
Speaker 6: They Billy Packers and Al McGuire were calling the game, and they kept talking about miss Jerry Eves.
Speaker 7: They said, he's solid, he's had to turn the.
Speaker 1: Ball over, He's controlled the game really well.
Speaker 7: So that's that's your job.
Speaker 1: That's my job, George, what's that? Let me you know.
Speaker 3: Listen, we're at We're at Henry Bacon's wait memorial. Daryl Griffith is outside with George. I'm in my truck. Daryl's leaving, George is going in. I'm getting ready to get out of my truck. George says, to Darryl. All you got to do to Jerry is clap on, clapoff, as we knew to pass you the ball.
Speaker 7: George, right, he did his job.
Speaker 6: But this is hey, this is a funny story. So we were watching the game. I had the game on. James like, what are you watching us?
Speaker 7: And I'm watching this.
Speaker 6: Old ball game and uh, Jenny's my girl and uh. And then so they were talking about Wiley and this sit talking about he ain't got a thumb and Jenny said, how's he playing basketball?
Speaker 7: He ain't got no thumb And I said, well, he.
Speaker 6: Had a prosthmatic thumb and they kept it on with a glove and uh, yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Ain't got no thumb.
Speaker 6: She's like, I never heard anything like that before.
Speaker 2: First time for everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, and played well, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh dude, he was he for the first ten minutes of the game. He scored. Y'all were up ten. I bet you he scored. I bet you scored almost seventy percent of the points. He was killing him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: He's a strong dude. Holy crap.
Speaker 6: Y'all came and played an exhibition game in Etown at the high school.
Speaker 7: I went and watched it.
Speaker 6: Because I'm about five years younger than you.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 7: I think I was a freshman.
Speaker 6: Y'all came and played and Wiley Brown lost his thumb on the court. They stopped the game. Everybody had to hunt around look for it.
Speaker 3: They got knocked under the bleachers. That's sure, George, that's true. Got knocked on the bleacher, that's true.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, like we had at I think Cleveland's done. I think Cleveland's done. Oh don't I think it's over.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Look bad yesterday, embarrassing.
Speaker 7: City. All right, man, I talked to you guys, you know.
Speaker 2: Later, a guy Johnny something else.
Speaker 3: George, Yes, you didn't have to hit Daryl with the clap on clapoff on Saturday.
Speaker 2: I want people to know. That's exactly what George.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you didn't have to know that. George. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm exactly j I mean you should apologize to said.
Speaker 3: The only thing Daryl knows from Jerry's is when Darryl used to clap on clapof I.
Speaker 1: Know and tell you the pick the pace up, Jared, We're gonna run fast right on this seat, cause you though he wanted to run.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's the only thing Daryl ever said. Yeah, he wanted to get up and down.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that was the eighties, he told me. Man said when he first met this one of the story details. He said, y'all, Ballad didn't like to run too much, he said.
Speaker 2: But he was he played too slow and Ballard. Yeah, he said we played too slow at Ballard is what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he told me. He said, he said, now, Jay, we got to get up and down this court. Now, bro, you got you can handle that ball, but you gotta get little fast up and down that court.
Speaker 7: With doubt.
Speaker 1: That was that, George.
Speaker 3: I believe in security, George, security. Do you turn that thing over? Coach Crumb said, not.
Speaker 1: That's one thing you did well.
Speaker 2: You did do that well, brother, That was the key possession.
Speaker 3: There was no shot clock, George. Possession was critical. Yeahs was critical, George.
Speaker 2: Don't know the game has changed.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Two things I can deinely say about you, Jim. You type with that money and you was tight with that ball baby man.
Speaker 2: Yes, no question. Possession was key George.
Speaker 3: With no shot clock positions, Now we still scored eighty six points, George, So people don't understand that Daryl got in found trouble. We went in eighty six sixty six. But Coach Crumb, if you turned it over once, don't turn it over again. Everybody makes a mistake, he says that second time. Though you're starting to make it. Happened to change turnover. God, you're favorable in the old day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say it because you always talked about me giving my players and talk good players and stuff credit and jumping on me all the time. Well I got to give out some more credit. Did you see mister Hunter on the plane yesterday? The elderly lady got on the plane helped you didn't have it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, one hundred football player from Cotonwall. Later he's seen her. He went conversing with him. She asked, He said, madam, do you have you need to help with this bag? Helped her with a bag, put it into things, sat down, she sat down. He sat down beside her, and she said, young man, could you tell me who you are and so I can thank you? And told him who he was and took a picture. Was he now telling the ESPN J you're seeing doing a favorite for last? So we always knocked the ball.
Speaker 2: Players, and I.
Speaker 1: Might have to give them their praise too, So that's what I do. So there's another one for me. You can talk about me again.
Speaker 3: There you go, I will so, Anthony, Georgie's taking us to the NBA segment before we go to our.
Speaker 2: Next break, Anthony, exactly know.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about give us the NBA series, give us the national news, Anthony.
Speaker 4: Obviously a lot going on with the NBA series. We have a lot of games. We're getting closer in this series. Some of the series are turning in the upsets, which is not really surprised so much. For the most part, obviously, a lot of the teams are how a lot of health issues. Some teams are like just looking a little sluggish in my opinion. But even from the games that we did have Saturday night, the Celtics did beat the next one to fifteen to ninety three, taking a two one series lead going into the Eastern Conference. Simmis Timberwolves did defeat Golden State Warriors one on two ninety seven, which was a lot closer game than Monesty. Realistically, in my book, Minnesota kind of playing below what they're supposed to do because without Seth Curry's games aren't supposed to be there, So I'm gonna be completely honest with you. For them only beat them a boy five points without probably one of the best players in the world playing is a little scary, especially if they're going down into the next round of the West, which will probably be playing OKC or Denver, And if they're playing like that, that's a five or six game elimination in my opinion. I'm just gonna be honest. Now, I know everybody likes Ant Edwards and I like him too, but they got to play better going into the semi if they're going into the Western Conference finals, because this is just not gonna get done. But they did win one O two ninety seven, taking a two to one series lead over Golden State Warriors. The Thunder got the Nuggets yesterday ninety two to eighty seven. They're tied that series two to two, which is probably gonna be one of the only seven game series that we might go into, honestly, in these cities. And then the papers demolished the Capitolis yesterday. The final score was one twenty nine to one oh nine, but they were up forty one and a half, so they don't let their final score full you say that they only won by twenty points. They had almost the they almost had the G League team in for about the second half of the game. It was it was embarrassing to watch. I got bored watched in the second half because stop it.
Speaker 2: Right there, right right, stop it right there, George.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know, we're Donovan Mitchell fans, University of louisviand they got destroyed yesterday and the full team played George, and they were injured early but not yesterday, Hunter played, They played Garland Blade. George, they were down forty one. Now, I want people to know I played, played, I coached seven NBA seasons.
Speaker 2: Four of them we went to.
Speaker 3: The playoffs, and four of the seven seasons that I coached, I have never seen in the second round a forty one point beat down like yes, to be down forty at halftime, I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: I mean, fully loaded.
Speaker 3: Now, George, I gave Cleveland credit when they were injured last week. Everyone knows I did. I said three starters out right, So there is now, George's the only problem that the Jazz put out on Donovan and that you've heard of the national media say, volume shooter, and when it comes down to it, it doesn't seem like he ever rises to the occasion. Scores points, but his team he doesn't lift the team. He scored points in Utah, but he doesn't lift his team. What do you think, George, any validity to it?
Speaker 1: You know, Jerry? I can't I think without him? Thank Eastern had what two forty point ball games? And they still they loose, and they lose by two points at three points. You take those forty points away, Jerry, I mean you know, and then you got three teammates out that two of are all start Yeah, okay, you got two of them, I say in two games, y, he scored forty points in several games. You take those forty points away from his team? All right? You got two all stars out? I mean almost he has to be a volume shooter at that point. Don't you think you got two stars down the outside? Jeordge and not the game? I got that player, So you almost either take the game over.
Speaker 2: Yesterday though I can't ye yesterday, George.
Speaker 1: But you know you gotta be a little tired, don't you think you plenty of guys.
Speaker 3: You no, I said that I agreed with you on the first games when three starters were out, he and another player shot it almost fifty times.
Speaker 2: I agreed with that.
Speaker 3: My issue now, though, George, is everyone played yesterday, George. Everyone they had just won the first game on the road. They needed to try to even the series up and to get beat for where your coach comes on ESPN and just says, we physically got manhandled.
Speaker 2: That's my problem, George. I just was like, hmm, it's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: I mean, it'd be one twenty nine o nine and be down forty and a half.
Speaker 2: George, that's I didn't like that look, but it bothered.
Speaker 1: It bothered. Okay, but if you look at your point guard, look at like what Garland did early. Garland got in foul trouble early. He probably had four or five turnover early, you know what I'm saying. And then you know, and then Donovan sat out a little bit. They said they had an ankle sprang. I don't know when it came, but uh, like he wasn't on top of his game. And then your point guard wasn't on top of his game, and uh the big he hadn't got, he hadn't got Colline. He hadn't got started yet, So you know, I think it's enough, uh players who made mistakes to spread around with every bad jay. You know, I don't think you can look at the team right now because earlier year we talk about how good a team they were. Now we're talking about how good Donovan is.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were. I thought that. I said it would be Cleveland, okay.
Speaker 3: See, so George, I thought it would be Cleveland, okay, see, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think Indiana is gonna win the series now. And I thought Cleveland with beat Boston. I said Cleveland. I said Cleveland, Oka.
Speaker 3: I had believed, but I believe it's like trying to Rory McRoy win in the Masters. He's got to get it done sooner or later, George, because he gets paid the money.
Speaker 2: He has a superstar players, an all star player. But his team seems to you know, Lebron, I mean, guys, Lebron can't be to go to team falls flat too often, period point blank. That's all they said.
Speaker 3: Lebron will lose his more first round games than anybody series, than anybody to be considered to go. And I'm just wanting to see Donovan take his team deep. That's all I want ya. I have to win it, George. It's hard to do, but I would like to see him take it deep.
Speaker 2: That's all. Well, So anyway, let's get the break.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: We're seven thirty eight.
Speaker 3: We gotta pay some bills, George. We'll be back. Yeah, No, he's got time to play. Seven thirty eighty Sports Radio for numbers five zero two five, seven seventy nine hundred. We'll be back in a second. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio. Yes, it is the twelfth of May twenty twenty five. It's seven forty one.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a short segment, George, Anthony.
Speaker 3: Let me read something to you which supplies but James Hanley, James Hanley told me this on Saturday, and I didn't believe it.
Speaker 2: I had heard nothing about it.
Speaker 3: The jockey who won the Kentucky Derby has been suspended and fined for using the riding chop too much during the race. Jockey Junior Avarado struck Sovereignty, the three year old coat that won the crown, eight times during the race.
Speaker 2: Official said.
Speaker 3: Regulations say a rider may strike a horse a maximum of six times with the chop Alvarado was fined sixty two thousand. George, I was incorrect and suspended for two upcoming race days at Churchill Downs by the Horse Racing Integrity and Safety Authority because it was his second offense. The fine is usually ten percent of the jockey's winning, which was thirty one thousand from the three hundred and ten thousand dollars prize, but because it was his second offense, the fine was doubled per the rule Sovereignty beat Journalism twin one hundred and fifty first running of the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: I had never heard that, George, in my life.
Speaker 3: That was the first time. Did you know about the whipping of the horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, because I go out to the Derby Museum is where I first heard it at, and they were talking about hoind me many time, and they have a new whip Jerry, And this is why I was gonna bring up that it doesn't really hit the horse. It cracks like it breaks in part they say the noise is scared of the horse. And when they do it for and they say they got a whipped the jerry when they snap it, the brows of break breaking two and the popping sound is what the horse is here, you know. So I was kind of surprised when I heard that he hit, actually hit the horse, because I had heard about the new whips and I thought he would be using those rather than you know, the older ones where they hit the body and didn't and didn't give because yeah, you don't want to tear up that flesh here, exactly.
Speaker 3: No, and they're and they're not. It does not hurt the horse. As I've researched it. I've called some of my friends. But yes, that's how sensitive they are with these horses now, guys, that's how sensitive.
Speaker 2: So I had no idea.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it when James told me it's on the front page of the Carrier today. I looked at it on Saturday, and yes, it was there talking about it. So interesting. The things that they're doing with the horse racing business now, George trying to make that business safer for the horses, amazing.
Speaker 2: It is amazing, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well that, yeah, that's like your pro ball player. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna do everything you can and keep them out there, and you know, and they do. We go out there and watch the tracks hory to keep the tracks field and stuff. But they's just such a fragile animals. H you know, we look at their legs and we look at their body and you know, just playing basketball coming up and down. How many times log get her knees go out and watching them pound the ground and the speed that they come up with, it's just amazing, you know. I mean, it's just amazing.
Speaker 3: If we lost, Yes, I lost you. I don't know everyone did, but I lost you, Okay, but no, it is guys. So we do have We know that we have got a race coming soon so that we'll be following that. We've got the PGA this weekend. We've got the Preakners this weekend, George. We've got the NBA series going on, Anthony. We've got a ton of things that will be going on this weekend that we'll be getting into. So let's get to break so that we've got a full time Anthony's got a list of Kentucky players, George, and this may be the first year that in a long time the Kentucky has not had a first round pick off its roster.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna let Anthony go through the roster.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna talk a little bit about some of the Kentucky players that will be drafted in this year's NBA draft after the Brook Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven forty eight, May the twelfth, twenty twenty five. It's Monday. The roads are wet in certain areas. I heard it hasn't rained everywhere, so just be safe with your travels. So Anthony, I'm throwing it to you, George, and we're going to let both of us evaluate as you go. Anthony, Kentucky's roster first time, George, I think since six that they may not have a first round pick. That's a long time, very long time. What do you think about this year's roster? And Anthony, I want you to start. It's in the Curier Journal today or yesterday, and I was looking at it's kind of interesting about the players that will be drafted what they think about their chances. Second thing, I do want to throw out Chucky. Hepburn was not invited to the NBA Combine. He was invited to the G League. He didn't make it. They touched Ryan Nimhart instead from Gonzaga. So Chucky did not make this week's camp. So Anthony, go ahead, tell me what does name some of the Kentucky players.
Speaker 1: Let's go through them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously, so we have a lot of the Kentucky players, some of the main ones. Obviously, one of the big name up there.
Speaker 7: You do have Kobe Bray.
Speaker 4: Obviously, he is a six to seven shooting guard from Kentucky. Two hundred fifteen pounds, the average eleven point six point four games, three point two rebounds and one point three assists you and forty seven percent in the field and forty four percent from the three point line, which is great college statistic numbers. If you're just looking at it on paper, that's a type of shoot that you want to have.
Speaker 3: They may have been the best. Yes, don't you think he's the best three point shooter? I think the last two years college basketball, I really do. That boy shot the ball. Well, stay right there, Anthony, what do you think, George?
Speaker 2: I think he's got a chance. They've got him in the second round, and he's got great size.
Speaker 1: I like him tremendously day and then later in the year he showed you could put the ball on the floor and take it to the basket. I think he plays with heart, you know, I think he had the sides, the ability, Yes, I think there's a lot they can do with him. Yes, the boy Anthony.
Speaker 3: Ball handing ability he does. Oh, he's got a big body. He did put the ball on the floor much better toward the end of the season. Anthony, what do you think? What's your opinion Anthony on his opportunity in the NBA.
Speaker 7: I think he's now well.
Speaker 4: I say he's very similar to a Klay Thompson type build. Obviously when you say play style, even when he comes down the ball handling, he's not super flashy, very fund of moentent sykes to get to his spose to get a shot off. Do I think he needs work on a couple of things. Yes. Obviously the big thing for Klay Thompson earlier in his career was one of the elite defenders. I think Kobe Brad does need to work on that side of the ball. The biggest thing is being more confident shooting. He shooting. He shot the ball well, I just don't think he shot it enough. That was a little bit of my problem with him, because like the loss that they had, he should have shot the ball a little bit more. Now, maybe that might have been poping what the person that was. So I'm not gonna sit there and put all the weight on Kobe Brandon. He didn't shoot it. I understand as a player some situations it's just hard to go out there and get the game. But it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: You're right, right, George.
Speaker 3: I used to say publicly that I wanted that kid to shoot it eight to ten times from the three.
Speaker 2: I thought Kentucky needed it.
Speaker 3: But Anthony is correct, what do you think I wish you would have shot it more for Kentucky this year?
Speaker 1: I do, But I think he came into the sky report during he was one of the people that you were going to double and not leave open at any time. I thought he was one of the they were going all the players dot them and not him. I thought, because there's three pointers could put you out of the game. And I thought he was like Smith late in the year, that was a guy you kept concentrating on. You kept a man on him at all time. Best when Jackson left the lineup, yes, yes, yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: So uh move next to the next player, Anthony. But I do think that Kobe Brayle will be drafted, and I think that he's got a long pro career as he develops into a better defender, which.
Speaker 1: He will do.
Speaker 3: I do believe, George, that boy can really shoot. The kid can really shoot, and he's a better athlete than people think.
Speaker 2: George. He's a better athlete. I mean he was finishing at the basket. I like Kobe. I think he's a great second round pick. Next player, ant.
Speaker 4: If the next one we do have on the list. Obviously we got the guy that you love a lot is Vermont Butler Senior average eleven and a half points a game, four point three point three rebound, shooting from the field from the three point line last season.
Speaker 2: George, the kidd always have. They don't like his size. That's the only thing that's knocked can even but George, he's a defender. George.
Speaker 1: He took from on them. How often did you see.
Speaker 3: A player he took the ball from people. He took the ball from people. I love the kid. I think he's got a lot. He's gonna say long time, George.
Speaker 2: He's a defender, strong.
Speaker 1: He's like to look intelligent, intelligent, run what the coach won't. Getting the right players involved in the right time, can get the ball to the big man, the big man. I love him, you know what I mean, He's everything I wanted to guard Jay. I thought that he was perfect for UK and I know Polk was so said when he went down, because that young man j I just I just was watching him. His decision making, how he played defense was to me fantastic. I mean he almost walking with you, oh man, and his and his abilit to attack the basket.
Speaker 3: People are forgotten. Think about Think about the Louisville game. Louis Bay had a chance to win, Kobe third, he took it over. George, George, he took.
Speaker 2: Over.
Speaker 3: I mean not excuse me, Lamon took it completely over in the Louisville can just remember go look at the stat I mean, what was he eight for eight from three?
Speaker 2: I mean, George, it was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: What the kid did. I just love him.
Speaker 3: I loved him in San Diego State and I'm wishing him the best and he hit Jackson for us. Read some of the things that have him.
Speaker 2: How you like me now? Read some of the things on Jackson Robinson.
Speaker 4: And yep, so Jackson Robinson's the sixty six hundred and ninety two guard average thirteen games, three and a half three bounds of one point seven assis, shooting forty three percent from the field thirty seven cents from the three. So the NBA draft rejection says. Robinson went through the NBA draft process last year following his final season at BYU. He then decided to return to the college game, talking the same taking the same route with Mark Pope obviously following him to Kentucky. During the draft process last year, the feedback that Robinson received was consistent. They wanted him to see gains in every area save for one scoring which he had already proven. Obviously they wanted to see. They wanted to see him be presented everywhere else progress wise in the NBA talent. So the thing they were talking about, obviously they want to see it. You know, weight was a big thing because he only he's six six, one hundred and ninety two pounds, but he's a little bit on the smaller side. I think the biggest thing in him is positioning, depending on he wants to go in as a one or two guard. I think that may weighs a lot in on his draft protection if he goes in. Was a fluent one where he can handle and distribute the ball, he's got the same size and build a SGA. He just doesn't weigh as much, but very similar play style, very similar movements as a sixteenth point guard. A lot of people like that. If you go into the sixty six to two guard one hundred and ninety two pounds, it might be a long career for you, just because the guard's now a lot of business. A lot of them are getting a little bit more physical. Obviously, even even you see in the one row Jalen Brunson's undersized but loves to post up everybody. SJ likes to walk people down to the mid post as well and do his step back. So a lot of players are starting to really utilize the three level scoring more than just oh we're gonna shoot a wide open layup or shoot a thirty five foot three. So there is a little bit more versatility coming back to the NBA R when it comes to scoring in concepts of where got two areas big?
Speaker 2: So, George, what do you think I do? Like?
Speaker 3: I mean, shake Gilders is another level, but he's another level. But I do agree that Jackson at the point may have a career.
Speaker 1: Well. I can speak on this on both of levels Derek, because like I said, you know, Derek, answer to my nephew who I work with a lot. I keep telling people people confused size with Spence Jerry, you know when you become muscle and strong, because he went into the Big ten that bad talking about, and he was at with the Fab five, and he had a triple double on them, you know what I'm saying. And so and he and he could play three positions, he could play the one to two to three. And this boy right here, to me, seems like he got the same ability and shooting the building is rebound the building. He seems like he's a talented individual who just was playing in the concept of what the coach wanted to do. I think when he gets into the NBA world where they go one on one, he's gonna be deadly. You can put the bottle on the floor.
Speaker 2: We gotta go.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell you, George, you just get down. Great show.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you all tomorrow. God will they have a beautiful day. He Sports Radio dropped to Mike E Sports Radio, We're out, talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.