Speaker 1: Here's a really interesting Minnesota goodbye email to start off with, so let's dig into this one. It is from a flight attendant. Good morning, my friends. I've and catching up on your podcast, and I heard one regarding scene strange things at the airport. I'm a flight attendant, so I spend plenty of time witnessing the greatness unpopular opinion. Once people go through TSA, they lose all sense of normalcy. So you're on one side of TSA, I guess you're normal, But once you get through, they're not normal anymore. They no longer recall normal social etiquette, they lose all manners, and the entitlement grows tenfold. I get it. First time flyers get a pass, but anybody who's flown more than once, get your shit together. Constant disregard to others, talking on your speaker, watching TikToker movies or shows without headphones, rushing the gate area during boarding like you're going to get to your destination faster when you'll be just waiting for everybody behind you anyway, not counting those pre boards. And please tell me why I even bother greeting almost every passenger when only about fifty percent respond that also is based on origin and destination. Yes, I'm judging you, but not the way you think I am. I'm seeing if you look or sound unwell, intoxicated, or anything out of the ordinary. I read somewhere that flight attendants really appreciate it when you get on the plane and there's somebody standing right there in the galley by the door. If you say hi, morning, I usually say.
Speaker 2: They are morning, yeah, or good afternoon whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that somebody said, we really appreciate that, and we will remember you likely if you say hi, and they might be I don't know, they might give you the whole can of coke instead of whatever. Sure so, but they're human also, so when somebody says good morning, don't just like look the other way, say good morning, Hi, how are you please?
Speaker 2: Smile a nod.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of people put their headphones on and just like disconnect from the world at the airport, and that's what they do. And I always say hi to the flight attendant as well. But I know that we've talked about it on the show that it is when they're doing that at the entrance to the plane. It's so they know if like a passenger is going to like struggle, like they can like tell if someone's like anxious and they or something like. That's like what they're doing when they're saying hi to you. They're trying to like understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, need another one the same flight attendant. Don't clap when we land unless it's an actual miracle you're on the ground, or you're under the age of ten. Don't stand up immediately at the gate before the boarding door is open. If there's a medical emergency in the middle of the aircraft. It's hard to hurdle in a uniform. And don't try to fool us where your seat is located. We aren't idiots, and we can see the manifest flying as public transport transportation treated as so is that a thing where somebody will be like, oh, yeah, my seat's right up here in three to a.
Speaker 2: What I mean, like it says it on your ticket.
Speaker 1: Well, it does, but I'm sure that there are people probably all the time go yeah, this is my seat and they're like, no, it's not your seat, it's way back there.
Speaker 3: I think people try to do that. But also, like I fly on pretty much always full flight, so that's never really an option, Like you're really dumb if you're if a flight it's pretty full and you try to get a set up in like first class, like this is my seat.
Speaker 2: It's like that, I'm just sit up in.
Speaker 1: First class and you're hoping they won't notice. Yeah, dum. I've also heard and this is not something that this flight attendant writes. It's a woman, So I'll say. What she wrote is that nobody listens when they do the flight safety demonstration.
Speaker 2: Well I always did, and do you I try?
Speaker 1: I don't, but I've heard because there was a fing. Okay, a lot of people think the only way out of the aircraft is the way you came in. So even though we intellectually know there's a lot of exits over the wings and in the back blah blah blah. But if you're in a crash and you have to get out fast, people's minds don't work the way they should. So you'll go to the door you came in. So they I read somewhere it's a good idea to find the other exits that are around you. And the reason this there's a story. The worst plane crash in history was when two seven forty seven's crashed into each other on the Canary Islands back in like nineteen seventy seven, everybody on one plane died, so like five hundred people on one plane died and on the other plane about half lived half died. But they said a lot of people froze and sat there in their seats, and then the other ones a bunch of other ones because they were so panicked they didn't know what to do, and the plane is on fire, they would try to get out the exit they came in, when right over here to the other side was an exit they could get out of. YEA, So when you get on an airplane, you're not going to crash. Plane crashes, literally, they don't happen anymore. They just don't. Their commercial aviation's never been safer. You just don't hear about plane crashes anymore. It's been years. So that's the reassuring news. But you always want to be careful in case there is a crash and you had to get out in a hurry, look behind you and see where another exit is.
Speaker 2: Then it might be right next to you, over the wing.
Speaker 1: It might be. I've read recently people believe flight attendants have a chip on their shoulder or on some power trip. Let's be clear, we're responsible for hundreds of people's safety as designated by the FAA, yet most of the time we're treated like the weight staff of the sky. We are the first responders to medical emergencies. We are the first level of protection and not getting to the pilots. We're there to evacuate two hundred passengers in ninety seconds in an emergency. I swear if I ever have to evacuate weight an aircraft, hopeing I never do. But if I do and one person grabs their bags, I'm jumping first because I think that's what they say. They say, leave your bags behind, because if you got a planeload of people all trying to carry their bags down the aisle, or Carl from Milwaukee has got his fucking oh wait, okay, got it, Okay, okay, it's okay, okay, something is uh okay, okay, thank you Jenny. Anyway, so Carl, where's he from Milwaukee? That asshole's got his backpack and his carry on. He's trying to struggle down the aisle.
Speaker 4: Or they're like bouncing down that little inflatable slide with all of their packages.
Speaker 2: No, not that.
Speaker 1: This career is not easy, not glamorous, and definitely not paid enough. I do love my job, and I very much am a people person most of the time. Geez, I'm considering deleting this rant, but just going to send it because I'm channeling my inner one. Ita A love. Y'all have a splendid day from Shannon. You know what, this is the perfect Minnesota goodbye email. Yes, because it's something that we haven't really brought up much. It is from somebody who knows what they're talking about, and it was so interesting. So thank you. Now. If you go, oh my god, I can't write the perfect Minnesota goodbye email, I don't care. We don't expect it to be perfect. This is just a glowing example.
Speaker 2: And she wrote in paragraphs too, paragraphic form and not just one giant paragraph, which is exciting.
Speaker 1: Thanks Shannon, appreciate that one. All right, Hello Morning show, Crewe. I've been listening to you. My name is Rachel. I've been listening to you since the Corey Foley days. She left in two thousand and seven. For Perspective, she was here from two thousand and three to two thousand and seven. I've really loved every morning show host since her and her you must have a lot to say and who gets chosen to sit next to you in the morning, and you have great taste. Thanks anyway. Question for Bailey have you listened to The Office Ladies podcast? Angela Kinzie and Jenna Fisher break down every episode of the Office in great detail, and it's an awesome podcast. They're five years in and almost done with the very last season, but we'll continue to make the podcast, so that's cool. I love knowing more about one of my favorite all time shows. I wish there were more podcasts where the main characters go into detail about how every episode was made, like Breaking Bad or Parks and rec as examples. Have you heard of The Office Lady?
Speaker 2: I have heard of it.
Speaker 4: I've not listened to it, though, a lot of people recommended it to me because I do love The Office, but I feel like with that one, I would want to be watching The Office at the same time so I could see, like, watch the episode they're talking about, then listen to their podcast they have. Like there's another podcass about Smallville, which was a TV show that was on when I was like in my youth, was about Superman, and they have a podcast too. That's a watch back called Talkville, and I really want to get started on that one. But same thing where I want to watch the show along with the commentary to like really get you know, or maybe surround sound kind of experience, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe watch the show then listen to the poscast right exactly. Yeah, my favorite TV show of all time is The Twilight Zone. It's so good. It's an old show. I think it's all the episodes are at least sixty years old now, but it's so good and I know nearly every episode by heart. I've seen each one of two hundred episodes multiple times. So there is a twilight Zone podcast where they go into who made it, who they were, what struggles they were, the budget. It was amazing how low the budget was for Twilight Zone and really interesting. But no, I've not heard of The Office Ladies, but that might be on my listen list.
Speaker 4: I love the Twilight Zone or huh, I love Twilight Zone. Yeah, he never came to see the improvised Twighlight Zone.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to, but you know me, there's always things that I want to do that I never get to do.
Speaker 2: For the listeners, that was an improv show that I was in that, Dave never came to.
Speaker 1: No, and you've been talking about it for a year and I want to go see now, so I know it's too late now, Dave. I appreciate every time you remind me of the fact that I'm still young at age thirty two. You've talked about the fact that we don't realize how young we still are in the moment. Why do we think we're old? Whenever it's my birthday, I'm like, well, I might as well buy a casket throw me in there, because I'm old now and I'm only ninety five percent joking when I say it. I think that's very true because we all think of whatever age that we're turning is like old, because we've always looked at When you're fifteen, you think twenty is old. When you're twenty one, you think thirty is old. And now you turn thirty and you're like, oh my god, I'm so old. Yeah, well, it's all perspective. When you're you know, my age, you look at somebody who's thirty and I mean, I'm not training this to be a smart ass. You say you're barely out of high school. I mean high school was fourteen years ago. Fourteen years ago for me was like my first grandkid was born, So yeah, it's all perspective. You are way younger than you think you are. And then they at first ask for a staff writer, sticker and secretary. Brie will send you one. Thank you, Rachel. That was a fun one too. Next one, let me see if I can find it. Hold on, Joe writes in Dave Bailey vant and oh hi, Jenny, Hi.
Speaker 3: I am accepting the fact that that happened, and I'm not upset anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh Hi, come to terms with it. Do you look really pretty today? Oh?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: That's kind of you.
Speaker 1: Does anybody remember the Hershey's s'more candy bar about twenty years ago? Took a bit to get used to, but I was hooked fairly quickly. Photos below for reference. The photo did not come through, Joe, but I appreciate it. Also would love to advocate for more impressions on the show, whether it be encouraging on no phone or screen or Friday trademark they put the trademark symbol next to the Friday or just randomly. Here are a few examples to try. Polly Shore, Hey, Bedy, that's my Polly Shore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have a poly short.
Speaker 1: That's all I know.
Speaker 2: Are there any other options?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, Joe Pesci, I don't know. So why I says to this guy, I says, you're a fucking dufus is what you are. And this fucking guy he pulls out a knife, and I'm like, you brought a fucking knife.
Speaker 2: This guy brought a fucking knife to a gunfight.
Speaker 1: You fucking idiot. You there's my Joe Peschi. And I'm not saying it's good. I've never practiced it before.
Speaker 2: Are there other options?
Speaker 1: Yeah, franch Fresher.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got French, Russia.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I could be like, David, you really need to wash you on these because they're so disgusting, so gross.
Speaker 2: Give them to me and I'll put them in the wash for you.
Speaker 1: Also, Eddie Murphy, now.
Speaker 2: I feel like I can't do that.
Speaker 1: No, No, Eddie Murphy is difficult to do because he's got a black accent and it's not PC for why. It's true. You can laugh all you want, it's not PC for white people anymore. To do a black accent. I ain't gonna do one. I'll do French, I'll do Italian, I will do a Canadian okay, but I'm not going to do a black accent. It doesn't fly anymore. No, am I making anybody uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm simply stating that a black accent is the right I've.
Speaker 1: Heard black people call it a black accent. How many I don't know enough to know that that's what they call it. Like, for example, somebody will pretend to have a black accent, and if that's the wrong term, then let me know. But that's what I heard a black person call it. It's like, oh, yeah, they're trying to speak with a black accent.
Speaker 2: I think it's African American for a noo.
Speaker 1: But not all blacks are African.
Speaker 4: I know that's what it's called though aave. It's an African American vernacular. I don't know what the E stands for, but something like that.
Speaker 1: But if you talk to somebody from Haiti and you call them an African American, they probably wouldn't appreciate that. I what, Oh, Jenny's waving her arms giving us the wrap up sign. Either that or she's trying to signal.
Speaker 3: A cab that or I want to end this conversation.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it makes you uncomfortable. Seriously you want to no up? Okay? That was it? Sure, Okay. Continuing on this one just came in moments ago from Sarah in Stillwater, and Sarah says, I love the show. This morning you talked about, first of all, thank you. I do appreciate when people say they love the show. I mean that never gets old. It's kind of like you know, telling your wife or your partner that you love her. You never go Okay, I know it's up. You know. It's like when I tell Carson I love you, he'll go love you, which is like very sweet and I know he means it. Anyway, this morning you talked about electric can openers. I am thirty five and i've used one since I was in my teens. It's not one that's under the cabinet. It's like its own appliance. I've always used one because, like you talked about simple things that people can't do. I struggle with traditional can openers. I am left handed, and I'm not sure if you have lefties on the show. Everybody's here right handed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right handed.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, but a lot of things are made for right handed People's scissorstional school desk, etc. And yes, can openers other things I've figured out, but can openers I hate, so I always use my electric one. And they asked for a staff writer sticker, so will be glad to send you one. If you want a staff writer sticker and you have an idea for an email, then send it in because that's You're literally a writer for the show, so that is what the show is ninety percent about. Let me take a picture of this and I will send it off to Secretary Brie. Yes, I'm doing this during the middle of the show, which is very unprofessional, but if I don't do it, I will quickly forget.
Speaker 2: That's okay, b R.
Speaker 1: And then I think we have time for one more from Britney. All right, y'all said you need Minnesota goodbye emails. Here's a silly topic for you. Have y'all ever noticed how pervy dishwashers are. The choices on my dishwasher are full load, fload, quick and dry, heavy, delicate, extra dry spray, and the kinkiest of all, dual load. All right, let me just tell you something right now, Brittany, I love you and I am disgusted by you at the same time. So let's go over the dirty dishwasher again. Okay, full load, half load, quick and dry, heavy, delicate, extra dry spray, and the kinkiest of all, dual load.
Speaker 4: I'd say out of all of those, spray might be the worst, followed by quick and dry.
Speaker 2: I feel like full load, about like filthy.
Speaker 1: I think spray is probably my favorite one.
Speaker 2: Spray is your favorite one? Yeah, Oh, it's just pee.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about pee. What'd you say? It's just pee?
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not talking about pee.
Speaker 2: You go through them again, and let's all pick our favorites.
Speaker 1: Okay, full load, half load, quick and dry, heavy, delicate, extra dry, spray, do will load.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say heavy is probably my favorite.
Speaker 1: Heavy? Okay, full load?
Speaker 2: I like full load?
Speaker 1: Okay, what about a half load? You're not into half load?
Speaker 3: Depends on like the situation. There's certain situations I'd prefer the half load.
Speaker 1: Can I just I'm gonna bring up something and you don't have to comment, but you can. Some women are disgusted by the spray. Some women are kind of on the fence, they don't care, ambivalent, and some women love the spray. Yeah, would you agree with that? Jenny, You're you're you're much more open to talking about things like that.
Speaker 3: Fully agree, I'm probably the ambivalent person, but also just from a female perspective and barely comment if you want to. I don't know what to do in certain moments when that is happening, Like am I supposed to pretend like this is fantastic, that this is getting all over my stomach like it's I understand it's the heat of the moment and whatever. But in reality, all I can feel is something cold spray on me. And I'm like, oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to ruin the moment, so.
Speaker 1: I I can be cold. It should be body temperature.
Speaker 2: Whatever, not cold.
Speaker 3: It's just surprising because so you go from nothing into something like what getting onto you, and so I feel like you most women, I think, and or men pretend like this is fantastic, but in reality you're like, God.
Speaker 4: Get me thet A rash a rash.
Speaker 1: Where's this guy's been?
Speaker 3: You might want to check if.
Speaker 1: You have an immediately if there's like red dots all over your tummy afterward, and you're like, oh, meg, God, I gotta put some neo sporing on this. My experience is that you never know. Some women absolutely love it, Like I don't want to name any names, but somebody does come up on the show many times. No freaking no, no, they absolutely loved it. And then other people would kind of grimace and like look the other way, you know what I mean, the other way, like like don't get it on me type it. Oh yeah, so this might be one of the more racy topics we've had on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because we brought up dishwashers. Okay, yeah, she started it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you started it, Brittany. Heavy load anyway, thank you very much. We're gonna call this podcast heavy load. No, there's full load, half load, quick and dry, heavy, delicate, extra dry, spray and dual loved.
Speaker 2: Like a combo heavy delicate sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, that is it for the Minnesota goodbye. Thank you. That was a really fun one and totally random. Thank you very much. Send your emails in to Ryan's show at katiewb dot com.