Speaker 1: It has begun, it has started. The first in the series of Ancient Apocalypse has been released, and actually you can watch the whole series in one long stream. Most of the episodes are like forty to forty five minutes. And I've enjoyed it so far. But you know what, there's pushback already, there's pushback the archaeological entities. Individuals on Facebook, on x on Instagram are beginning to dump on Graham and the work, saying that he isn't up to speed, he doesn't know what he's doing, and so forth and so on, and this is to be expected, but you know, you would think that people would be a little brighter about the whole thing. This is a benefit. This is a benefit to history, to historians. It helps everyone. And you know, I've had conversations offline with Ed Barnhart, our own in house archaeologist Mayanus, and he says that, you know, he told he said that he enjoyed his time filming Ancient Apocalypse with Graham, And I haven't seen the episode with Graham and Ed yet, but I'm looking forward to it. And you know, Ed's outspoken and he is kind of growing in popularity. He's not actually a phil archaeologist like Richard Hanson is down in Elmeador, Guatemala, or any of the other philed archaeologists, but he's got his hands in it. A number of the people that he has on staff in his company are field archaeologists, so he's he's up to date, he's on the move, he's you know, present when it comes to the latest research. But you know, to have these people just trash Ancient Apocalypse simply because it's not from the National Geographic or the Smithsonian or even the History Channel is kind of sad. And if you're one of these people that are put off by non academics stepping into your field, wake up. He's gonna have forty or fifty or sixty million people watching this series. In fact, right now, it's I think it's a broken records. There's so many people watching and downloading this series right now that it's a good thing. It gets people thinking and it helps everybody. And if you're not you know, on board with it, then at least accept it as part of the continual education of the public. People want to know what's happening. They want to know what happened in our past. They want to know what's happening now, what's the research going on? In today's interview with Andrew Collins, he is interacting with archaeologists who are excavating go Beckley, Teppe, Carahan Teppe and these other ancient sites in Turkey. You know, just because you don't have a PhD next to your name, just because you're not an academic, doesn't mean the material is not valid. I remember years ago there was a series on It was a mutual o'maha that was the sponsor, and I think the guy was his name was Perkins, and he's talking about animals and he was just a lover of animals and they were talking about the different species and stuff like that. People didn't go crazy and say get off the air. You have no business being on the air because you're not a veterinarian, you're not an animal specialist. It's the same thing with Hancock. This guy is a journalist. He has to use evidence on his based on his theories and his hypotheses. And everybody in this program Ancient Apocalypse, they're all archaeologists, anthropologists, filled geologists. They're all working with him. The other thing that I've noticed about the Americans who are unhappy with Hancock. There's one thing, unfortunately, I'm embarrassed to say, is that when we speak of about American academics, it's like we're the top of the food chain. They don't interact with Chinese or European, some Europeans or Russian or other. South American is a big one. The archaeologists and the anthropologists in South America have a lot of very unusual theories on the evolution of man. They believe that man came from the Arctic. And I've talked about this on this program. That's not accepted in the United States. The Chinese point of view on history is not accepted. So we're very myopic tunnel vision, you know. And here's Graham. This show is fabulous. This Ancient Apocalypse series is fabulous. And so you know, people like Dibble. I mean, it's all over the YouTube now too. People are very unhappy in the circles in there, and they're you know, they're not being very graceful at all. This is a benefit, it's a benefit to any anyone who has anything to do with history, research investigators, field archaeologists, anthropologists, so forth, and so on. And I see this with younger newly minted newly graduated archaeologists and anthropologists as well having a problem with Graham. So enjoy it. It's helping everyone, it's benefiting everybody. Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, check it out. They're very well put together, high quality production, and I'm really enjoying it. And when Graham's on the program in December, we're going to talk to him about exactly the process of doing these and what he feels are the benefits for his cause. Now on the third season, excuse me, third episode, Graham goes to Rapa Nui and that's Easter Island, and man, I'm really looking forward to it. By the way, we're down to our last handful of seats of participants. If you want to join us in next March March fifteenth, of the twenty third on Easter Island with doctor Edward Barnhart as our guide, go to Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours and check it out. Because this is we only got like a handful of maybe three or four places left. So if you want to come Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours and check out the itinerary, it's gonna be just so cool. So anyhow, Graham's walking around Easter Island and man, I am so looking forward to seeing these huge Mai sculptures and the and the he gets real close to the quarry, which is fun as well. So and we're actually gonna our tour with Ed Barnhardt because he's been there and he has all the private visits, connections and people to work with. Is gonna We're gonna see a lot more than what Graham SyES. So that's gonna be a blast. So Ancient a Park clips. Keep watching it. It's you know, you can watch the whole thing in a long in a long day. It'll be a few hours. But I actually believe that they're going to do a third and a fourth series. So wow, just amazing. Here our program Todays with author and research investigator Andrew Collins. He has released a brand new book called Carahan Teppee Civilizations of the Ananaki and the Cosmic Origins of the Serpent of Eden. This book is so packed with brand new photographs, I mean just really really fresh and they're colored, and I'm going to be posting a gallery of probably up to ten. He's given me permission to post at least ten photographs of this Carahan Tepee site and we were just there in August, and I gotta say, I don't know how he got the permission to take these photographs because most of them are really really close to these artifacts and these pits subsurface temples with all the details of the sculpture, and we were not allowed to go in there, so he must have. Most of the photographs I think are taken early this year and late last year, so they're really really fresh, really really detailed and fabulously accurate, very accurate photographs, So check that out. You can see the gallery on Facebook. Go to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients, go to group, or the international page. I'm even going to post a few on Instagram, so you'll have some on Instagram. Hey, by the way, face our YouTube channels down right now. I'm working on getting it back up, so if you haven't seen it seen us online, please check it out. In about two weeks, I'm going to start actively placing more shorts on there because I have a lot of footage from some of these places that we go to that would be interesting for YouTube shorts, so be sure to check that out. So I'm sorry about that. I don't like to not have the YouTube videos up because we have a lot of video material. So all right, So today's program is Carahad Tepi and my guest is Andrew Collins. We're featuring an incredible opportunity to visit one of the real enigmas of the ancient world, and that is Easter Island in the Pacific Ocean. This is a new tour that we're doing. But we're lucky because doctor Edwin Barnhardt, our host and our tour leader, has been surveying this island for over a number of years and has some really amazing insights on just how detailed and how complicated and how mysterious this island is going to be. March fifteenth through twenty third, I wanted to ask I had just a brief question or two because I obviously have never been there. I'm really excited to be a part of this. It was a highlight talk about the moi. There's a number of them, aren't there.
Speaker 2: There are so many moai there, it's outrageous. You see from coffee table books that there's lines of them, but in point of fact, there's over one thousand moi and they're spread all over the island there where ancient villages used to be, so we're gonna go visit a bunch of those. There's also the quarry. There's one quarry where almost all of them were made, and a lot of them are still half made lying in the quarry. That thing is just a site to see how grew up.
Speaker 1: Briefly, and I didn't realize they have an observatory there. Is it a planetarium or is it more of a setup for evening sites.
Speaker 2: It's a planetarium. It's a passion project by a man named EDMUNDO. Edwards who's been studying the archaeoistomy of the island for his entire life, I think almost fifty years now. He knows more than anyone and he put together this planetarium to share this lifetime of knowledge with the visitors that come to the place.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So March fifteenth to the twenty third, that is a week, and it sounds like we've really packed a lot in during those seven days, right.
Speaker 2: I tell you, For an island that's only twelve miles across, there is an endless amount of things to see there.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to it. Fantastic all right? For more information to go to Earthncients dot com forward slash tours. Look for the photo of Ed standing next to one of the big Mai sculptures and register as soon as you can again go to Earthnchiens dot com Forward slash tours. Thanks Ed, Thank you, Cliff. I mentioned earlier that I had gotten back from Go Beckley Teppe and Carahan Teppy and our Turkey tour earlier this year. We were there in August, and I have to tell you that Go Beckley Teppe is a sight to see when you go there, and the way they've designed it is amazing, I have to say to this. Also, we also had a chance to visit Carahan Teppee and meet with the field archaeologists there and get a first hand look at it exactly what it was composed of. It's it's sub level like Go Beckley Teppy, but a completely different design and makeup and composition. We're going to talk about this today. I've been waiting for this book by my guests today, Andrew Collins, the books called Kraahan Teppe, Civilization of the Ananachi, and the Cosmic Origins of the Serpent of Eden. And he's been working on this book for a while now. But he just released it. It just came out a few weeks ago, and we're going to talk to Andrew, and just before I bring him on. If you can get to Turkey, if you can get over there, you need to see these places. And they are very unusual. There's a sacredness about where they're located, and they're very odd and mystery mysterious as well. So hey, Andrew, welcome to Earth. The interest is great to see you, great to be Backcliff, Congratulations on the book.
Speaker 3: Tholla, thank you.
Speaker 1: It took you away. This one took you a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Easy, Yeah, I mean generally it's in the camp for a couple of years before the publishers bring it out. In all honesty, I mean I started working on it at the beginning of twenty twenty two, and so really it's only just come out, but it is fully updated. I was able to edit it along the way and even in the proofreading stages to add brand new material in.
Speaker 3: So it's fully up.
Speaker 4: To date with all the discoveries there. And of course it's a twenty year journey, you know. It's not something that I suddenly decided to do on the spur of the moment. I mean I first went to Gebecley Tape in two thousand and four as part of a cultural festival. My book from the Ashes of Angels had just been published in Turkish and I went out there to give lectures and I you know, as part of the deal, I got a driver and a interpreter and we went around for a week to all these sites that I'd been writing about. And so I went to Goebecley Tape for the first time. I went to the ancient city of Haran, and whilst I was there, there were some children trying to sell me a second hand copy of a local guidebook, which I you know, looked at and I saw this picture of a T shaped pillar at a place called Kahan TAPEI and I've never heard of this place, I mean, nothing was known about it. And I just thought, well, this is obviously the same type of site as Cabeci Tape.
Speaker 3: I need to find it.
Speaker 4: So two days later I was in the tech Tech Mountains. Yeah, we were just driving around for about an hour and a half just trying to find it, and nobody knew aything about it. And then finally a guy, you know, this guy in Arab on a tractor, you know, pointed in a certain direction, and we got to this farmhouse and a little kid came out, and you know, there our driver interpreted talked to him, and he just pointed towards the hill, towards the south. So we went towards that, and I started to see stone tools on the ground, and the closer you got to this hill, the more stone tools you saw, until eventually they were scattered everywhere, thousands of them. And you also saw the heads of t shaped pillars just sticking out of the ground. And also there were these angled corners of what we call pultholestones just scattered about, and you know, so finally worked were they that they could have come off of a medieval building, and yet these were at least eleven thousand years old and they were just there scattered about. I mean, you know, they were even being used to as you know, around fires and things like this, and I just thought, this is just bizarre, because it's quite clear that somewhere underneath this soil and dirt and rubble was something similar to Gebecley tape. And so I would just keep going back there year after year, exploring every single part of it. Exploring caves in the northern Tepe on the northern hill that Corahan faces, trying to get the astronomical alignments based on very meager evidence at that time, and just trying to work out what was really happening there. We did this right the way through until about twenty eighteen, and that year we heard that the University of Istanbul were arriving to do a survey of the site in preparation for excavations, and of course they did that and started excavating in twenty nineteen and within two to three years and had uncovered this entire complex. I mean, that's even more remarkable than Gobecley Tape. And one of the main central features of it is the fact that you have subsurface structures cut into the bedrock, and this is something that you don't see certainly in the same way at Gobecy Tape, of which the most impressive of them is what we call the Pillar Shrine. They call it Structure AB and it's basically there's this huge I can't remember the exact shape of trapezoid that's it trapezoid or structure that's cut down into the bedrock and it's got ten pillars that are cut out the bedrock and rise up for about you know, up to about six feet, and there's ten of those, and an eleventh pillar that's curved and clearly been cut outside and brought in and put into a slot, and coming out of the west wall, the wall that faces onto the actual cliff of the hill, is this massive human head on a long serpent like neck, and this head is three times the size of a normal human head, and all of that has been up out of the bedrock. Basically, I mean, it's an incredible engineering feet in its own right.
Speaker 3: And not only is it eleven.
Speaker 4: Thousand years old, but it constitutes the oldest rock architecture anywhere in the world. I mean, we're obviously familiar with Hindu temples cut out of rock, Ethiopian churches cut out of rock, but this was going on eleven thousand years ago. I mean, it's just extraordinary, and it begs the question of what was.
Speaker 3: Going on there at this time.
Speaker 1: And I remember just sturb for I want to ask you. We went to a museum there that had a number of sculptures from Karahan Teppy that were outstanding, but there was a map that we saw Andrew and the map was of thirty or forty of these sites that they had found that they had excavated. And what does Karrahan Teppy mean.
Speaker 4: Well, bizarrely enough, Carahan means the dark Lord, the dark Lord, the dark Lord. Yeah, it's the hill of the dark Lord. But there is a mundane explanation for it, because that wasn't its original name.
Speaker 3: Originally.
Speaker 4: It was actually called Ketchile Tape, which essentially has a strong female connotation.
Speaker 3: It kept catch. It comes from the.
Speaker 4: That the Kurdish route catch, which means woman basically, so it's like a sort of the female heel, very much like female hills in so many other countries, you know. In other words, it's like the embodiment of a woman in the landscape. But what happened was that the guy that discovered Karahn to pay an archaeologist by the name of Mahatin Chellek.
Speaker 3: He realized that looters.
Speaker 4: Would come and try and take away whatever they could, so he deliberately created a new name to try it and fool them so they wouldn't know where it was. And that's one of the reasons why it was so difficult for me to get there, because nobody knew it because this was a created name.
Speaker 3: But as I said, he took ka from.
Speaker 4: One particular local historical site and hand from another one and put them together to create Karahan to Pay.
Speaker 3: And as I said, so it means hill of the dark Lord.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the title of one of the chapters of the book, just out of interest. So he hasn't got anything to do with dark lords, I'm afraid. But I mean, so you have to ask yourself what is going on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the question I have for you, is that if there's thirty or forty of these these temples, yeah, what's the thinking? This is outrageous. And they just announce the other day and I can't remember the name of it. There's another They just find a place that's fourteen thousand years old and it's within these thirty ranges. It's a circular group of these these hills, these tepees.
Speaker 3: That's just weird.
Speaker 1: What's going on? What do we think is going on?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean quite clearly there's a lot going on here. But the archaelogists want to call this culture and I would call them the first post ice Aage civilization taesh Tepla teesh Tepola means stone or stony hills. The stone relates to the use of tea pillars, and the hills are the tepees or occupational mounds in which these uh temples if you want to call them, that are being uncovered, almost like the revealing of a layer cake of human activity. And there are twelve official hash tabla sites excuse me, the most obvious being Gebeckley Tape and Carahan Tape, but there are a number of others, including a brand new site that's being looked at right now, which is Cyburge, which is just a few miles to the west of shan Lufa.
Speaker 3: But there are many others as well.
Speaker 4: Like Cepha Tepe that that's being excavated at the moment, and various others that are either being excavated or about to be excavated. But having said that, this is just the tip of the iceberg, I mean, some estimates suggest there could be anything up to thirty to forty of these, as you mentioned, and doctor Lee Claire, who is the lead archaeologist at Goebeckley Tepe, you know, he suggests there could be as many as one hundred in this three And the important thing is that all of them are doing roughly the same thing, and what they are doing are creating stone enclosures with a series of T shaped pillars in the shape of a like the spokes of a wheel around either a pair of central monoliths or a single monolith. I mean, some of the ones that are being found and uncovered right now at Sidbirds just have a single monolith.
Speaker 3: In the middle.
Speaker 4: And many of these monoliths are anthropomorphic. You know, they have arms carved onto the side, they have the hems of garments vertically going down, some of them have belts, obviously, they have their hands over their navels, and the actual heads themselves are the T shaped terminations of the pillars. So you're clearly talking about anthropomorphic human like figures that probably represent divine ancestors or some kind of supernatural agency. And I mean as far back as twenty twelve, Klaus Schmidt, the discoverer of Gebecti Tepe, concluded that they represented the ann Archive, the ann Archive being the builder gods, you know, the founders of the civilization that would become Samaria and a cad and Babylonia and whatever, and that they were the ones that helped humanity and gave them the gifts of civilization, whether it was the construction of cities, irrigation, or sheep and grain. I mean, you know, one of the stories relating to the ann Archive is that they gave us a gift to humanity sheep and grain. Well, this is quite clearly a metaphor for animal husbandry and the invention of agriculture in particular, the domestication of which we know took place in this very area and was instigated by the tash Tepula culture. And this is really interesting because you know, there are stories in the very area of Cabecti Tepe focused upon the city of shan Lufa, which was ancient Odessa in the Bible, that this was the garden of Eden. This was the place where God put Adam down on earth as a soul, and that he made his body out of the red earth locally so created him as a man, and from his reb obviously they created Adam sorry Eve, and that they lived in the Garden of Eden. And you know, they were tempted by the serpent of Eden, and this serpent basically convinces them to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They realized that they're naked, they lose their innocence, and God throws them out of the garden because he doesn't want them to eat of the other tree, which is the tree of life and live forever. And according to the local tradition at Shan Lufa, they go east onto the Haran Plane, which is you know, just close by, and there they invent.
Speaker 3: Agriculture, and in particular wheat.
Speaker 4: And there's an actual quite funny story relating to this, because accord into the story, and I mean there are references to this, they're all in my book.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Adam turns to Eve and says, well, what are we going to grow? And she said, well, how about this? You know this that I brought out of heaven. And she opens her hand and she has this stalk of wheat, and she said, let's grow that.
Speaker 3: So they grow this and for the first few through a few years, the yield.
Speaker 4: Is very low because it's hard work and they can't do much plowing. And then a bull appears and they realize that they can use the bull to plow the land, and the yield gets more and more as it each year. So what they do is they have a ritual where every year they kiss the head of the bull, you know, to give thanks. And you know, at first you think this is a very peculiar ceremony, you know, kissing the heads of bulls. But the fact is that in Anatolia, particularly in Eastern Anatolia, the land itself is the bull. You know, everything is the bull. The bull is the land. And whenever the bull shakes, you get earthquakes, you get thunderstorms and lightning, and the horns of the bull hold.
Speaker 3: Up the heavens themselves, the vault of heaven.
Speaker 4: And this is represented in a lot of art, particularly when you come into the Bronze Age. So you know, when they're kissing the bull's head, what they're doing quite clearly is paying their respects to the land itself as part of some kind of ceremony, almost like a thanksgiving or harvest festival or something like that. So you know, that's the stories from Chandler. And of course, if agriculture did begin in this region, which we know it did, I mean as much as fifty to sixty different varieties of wheat that we use today for everything from beer to bread, cakes, pasta can be traced back to a source that's within sight of Gobeckley Taepe a place called Karaja Dar, which is this extinct volcano. So we know that this is where wheat was domesticated for the first time. And this area also produced the first beer, the first wine, the first idols, the first rectilinear buildings, and so much more of our first metallurgy, the earliest animal husbandry, the first use of bulls took place in this area a site called cha So this is the cradle of civilization, there's no question about that.
Speaker 1: But is it a restart, Andrew? Is it a reboot from the previous epoch? And on that same note, why did the answer archaeologists call these dwellings temples because there's sub surface which is very very odd. We don't see anything like this any place, asked, And then after that I have another question on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the term temple was first used by Klaus Schmidt, the discoverer of Gabet Tape, and I'll be honest, a lot of the archaelogists that followed in his footsteps have wanted to play that down. The most current way of thinking is that these are simply special buildings, places where community activity took place. Yes, they probably had sharmans and storytellers and you know, initiates, and you know these were places of rights of passage and whatever.
Speaker 3: But they do play them down now.
Speaker 4: And what they believe is that most of the enclosures at places like g Beckley or Carahan are domestic, that they were just simply places that people lived. I don't believe that, in my opinion, you're dealing with, certainly, in the case of Gebecley Tape, almost something like a cathedral, if you could think of a cathedral. You have a high altar, but you also have a whole load of other smaller chapels that are all dedicated to the other saints and divinities, you know, the Virgin Mary, Saint Michael, St. Joseph or whatever else. And it's I think it's very similar with go Beckley Tape. People would come to Gobeckley Tape from far re Is, probably all over Anatolia, probably from the Levant, and they would spend time there in individual enclosures doing their own thing, you know, probably doing their own rituals, probably having dream incubation ceremonies, maybe healing, something like that. And obviously they would they would visit the larger enclosures as well, but then they would go away and they would probably not come back there for a year or maybe five years or something like that. So in other words, the smaller enclosures are almost like hotel rooms in a way, but hotel rooms that were kitty get kitted out specifically for ceremonies and rituals to take place. And obviously that the bigger structures like let's say enclosures A, B, C, and D combat to Tape that these are where the serious work went on.
Speaker 3: These were like the high altars.
Speaker 4: These were the points of contact between this world, which we'd call the middle world and the sky world or the underworld, and the whole idea of using them would be to access these other levels of existence basically. And for this obviously all of the symbolism had to be correct, the numerology had to be correct in the right amount of pillars.
Speaker 3: And of course teaching was involved.
Speaker 4: I mean, at Gebecley Tape you have pillar forty three, which is probably the most famous of all of the standing stones at the site. And this seems to be almost like a monomic, almost like a sky map that enables you to know exactly how to go from this world into the sky world, and what you will encounter when you get into the sky world you have a huge, great vulture, and this vulture symbolizes the soul bird, the so called psychopomp. The psychopomp is a Greek word meaning soul, a company and or soul carrier. And the reason why the vulture was chosen for this purpose is because vultures would be allowed to come down and pick clean human bodies in the process that we call sky burials. This is something that still takes place to this day in countries like Tibet and Tibetan Plateau. I mean, if you want to just put sky burial Tibet in the search, endine engines and very gruesome pictures will come up. And you know, this was a process that allowed the body to excarnate, you know, the opposite to incarnate, in other words, the soul to leave the body. And it was believed that these vultures would act a psychopomps, carrying the soul into the next world and on the wing of the the vulture. GABETI, it's got this this this circle. Now that circle represents the human soul. This was their absolute symbol for the human soul which they felt resided in the head or skull of a human.
Speaker 3: And what the.
Speaker 4: Vultures doing is accompanying that soul into the next world, is literally protecting it and taking it into the sky world. So this is what's on offer there. But Pillar forty three is also a skymap. The vulture is the constellation of sickness, which was seen as a vulture in the Near East and Anatolia in ancient times. And you know, there are other constellations on there as well, like the big scorpion on there is almost certainly Scorpius. And once you overlay the sky of nine thousand BC with pillar forty three, everything becomes apparent as to what's going on there.
Speaker 3: And I think that this was used.
Speaker 4: By Sharman's you know, astronomer priest to show initiates, you know, what lay out there. You know, it was quite literally something that allowed you to understand the cosmos. And you know, this is obviously this is just one of many, many different pillars, and we can't interpret all of them, of course, but we can certainly interpreate that one.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and We will return shortly with my guest today Andrew Collins, presenting his newest book, Carahan TEPPI will be right back. My guest today is Andrew Collins, who has spent a great deal of time in Turkey studying go Beckley Teppe and now Carahan Teppee, and has produced a new book called Carahan Teppee Civilization of the Ananaki and the Cosmic Origins of the Serpent of Eden. And we're discussing his views of this ancient relic. Let's talk real briefly about your interpretation of these temples, because in your book you have what looks like an applied configuration to each temple. So there's one portion that's an observatory, one portion that's for ceremony, and then another portion that's for education. Is this what they are? They all kind of seem to have this configuration, don't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, let us go to Carahan.
Speaker 4: The most enigmatic enclosure there is the Pillar Shrine. And I was there a couple of years ago, and I was on a tour, one of our tours, and a lady said, if she was looking down at a slide of it, you know, on the world looking down on it, and she said, there's a there's a big curve that goes behind it, you know, carved deeply into the surface behind it, that looks almost serpentine in nature. And she said, I wonder if the actual shine shrine represents a you know, a seed, a human you know, semen and you know, with the tail coming out of it. And I thought about it for a second and I said, nah, it can't be, because they didn't have microscopes back then.
Speaker 3: And but then I looked at it.
Speaker 4: I thought, wit a minute, what if it's not you know, human, you know, semen and whatever it is. But what if it's an actual snake? What if the shrine is actually modeled on the head of a snake. So I realized that the one of the most common snakes in the Tech Tech Mountains was the Anatolian meadow viper, was very poisonous snake. And I overlaid its head on the shrine and it was perfect. And you know, and once you do this, it's very difficult to undo it. Once you realize that this whole shrine is not just a an overhead projection of a snake head, but the interior is the mouth of a snake. And you have to say to yourself, why would you want to go inside the head of a snake? And the answer to that is to be consumed by it, to quite literally be eaten by the snake. Why would you do that to become at one with that snake? And the snake is not a mundane snake here, I think that we're dealing with a cosmic snake, the snake which they saw in terms of some kind of supernatural agency that was in the sky. And because I'd already discovered that the shrine next to the pill of shrine, which we call the pit shrime, becaus got this huge, great hole going right the way down into the ground for no apparent reason. What I found is that that was aligned not only to the mid summer sunset around nine thousand B but if you continued to look at the same direction where the sun set just two hours later, the milky Way would be seen rising up into the sky. Now that was interesting, But all around the horizon was what's known as the galactic bulge, and the galactic bulge which is marked in the sky by the stars of Scorpius off Yourchus the serpent Bearer, also known as the thirteenth sign of the zodiac. The galactic bulge was much brighter in the past, and it's on the Milky Way. In fact, it marks the center of our own Milky Way galaxy. And I realized that this probably represented the head of a cosmic serpent that was the actual Milky Way itself. It was a world encircling serpent, which is found in.
Speaker 3: Mythologies all over the world.
Speaker 4: It's there in a mythology, it's there in Venic mythology, it's there in Native American tradition, it's there in may Own tradition, it's in South America as well, and it represents the head of a great snake. And this is I think exactly what the people at Karahan to pay themselves believed and perceived in the sky back in around nine thousand BC. So the idea of going into this shrime was quite literally to become at one with this cosmic serpent, to achieve communication with its active spirit. Now that active spirit, I think was represented by the head coming out of the wall, which is on a long serpentine neck in the pillar shrine, because it has a mouth that's oval in shape that looks like it's talking to you. You know, if you sit in front of it and stare at it long enough, as I have done, then the only impression that you get from it is that it's trying to tell you something, and if you're in an not a state of consciousness, you're going to be told whatever that is. It's a little bit like with a painting. You know, people say that the eyes of paintings follow you around. Yeah, therefore there must be some kind of spirit in that painting. Well, it's the same thing with this head.
Speaker 1: Did you have to get down in there in the pit and see it face to face?
Speaker 4: I've never been in the pit itself, but I've sat opposite it in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately you can't do that today, but in the past I was able to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, your interpretation of it being kind of an oracle is the first time I've heard that that, which means that perhaps they're using psychedelics to do vision quests or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean, I mean there's a new enclosure that they've just uncovered that's very close to the Pillar Shrine, which we're calling the kitchen. And the reason why we're calling it the kitchen is because they found what they believe is preparations for food there. But what we know is that they found a large quantity of bones of the Anatolian meadows viper. And this has only come out in the past year. In fact's not even officially.
Speaker 3: Been announced yet.
Speaker 4: And I didn't even know that, or certainly I had no confirmation that the people at Carahan were actually, you know, using the Anatolian meadow viper. And this was the very one that I would say the pillar shrine was modeled on, that they had the shape of it. So I think that they were using this particular form of viper, you know, as their point of contact with this cosmic form of the serpent. Now what they would do with these snakes, I don't know. Maybe they were eating them, maybe they were using their venom, you know, or maybe they were just holding them in rituals. And I think that if you want to comparison to what's going on at carahnd. Nine thousand BC, just think in terms of the Delphic oracle. The oracle of Delphi involved a priestess who would sit on a tripod seat and she would absorb the fumes coming out from a dead serpent that was beneath the ground that had been killed supposedly by the god Apollo, and these fumes would intoxicate her and would allow Apollo to possess her and speak through her and make pronouncements. What's interesting is that the form of Apollo that came through was not Apollo, you know, the beautiful sky or whatever.
Speaker 3: It was a snake.
Speaker 4: It was snakes that would actually come through and possess the priestesses. This has shown in various of the you know, the depictions of the the oracle and how important snakes were, and the fact that Apollo would appear to people in the form of a snake. And of course this reminds me of ayahuasca experiences because one of the primary things that people see when they're on an aahuasca journey is a snake. And I mean, you know, they can say loads of snakes, but often they will say one snake, and it will come up to them like, you know, like the Master of Snakes, if you like. And I've heard this from more than one person. I've never done Aahuascar myself, but I've heard this from from people that have that this snake wants to enter inside you, and people become fearful that this is actually going to take place, so they back away and you know, come out of that. But afterwards they say, well, actually, I wish I had allowed it, because I think that I would have gained some kind.
Speaker 3: Of wisdom and knowledge. And I think that this.
Speaker 4: Is exactly what was going on at Carahan toa Pay. They probably were using hallucinogens, almost certainly mushrooms, I should think, because there's a lot of mushroom energy, particularly at Goebecley Tape, and that they were allowing this spirit of the snake, this active spirit of the cosmic serpent, the world encircling snake to enter inside them and speak through them.
Speaker 3: And even to.
Speaker 4: This day there are culps around the world that allow snakes, you know, you know, the spirits of snakes or gods in the former snakes to enter inside people so that they become possessed by them and they will then fall onto the ground and writhe around like snakes.
Speaker 3: It happens in Thaireland, it happens.
Speaker 4: In Haiti, and I think that this is what was going on at Carahan to Pay eleven thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: You described in one of your chapters Structure a d which is unusual because it has a window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was that used for?
Speaker 1: Was that observation, cosmological observation or something else.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it is astronomically aligned. It's aligned just.
Speaker 4: To the south of east where on dark nights the Milky Way would have rose up horizontally, exactly in line with its axis, And as the Milky Way rose, the Galactic Bulge would rise right in front of you with the stars of Scorpius, the salms of Scorpius when I certainly represented the active spirit of this cosmic serpent. And we can say that because Serpent Mound in Adams County, Ohio, for instance, has been interpreted as a form of Scorpius in the form of a snake, because Scorpius played a prominent role on Midsummer's Night, which is exactly the direction that the head of the snake is orientated towards. Now that's obviously in North America, but I think that the spirit of this snake, well what I call the active spirit, was symbolized by Scorpius itself.
Speaker 3: The stars of Scorpias.
Speaker 4: That actually looked like a folk tongue and they're coming out of the galactic bulge. And I think that they came to represent this active spirit of the cosmic serpent, and this is exactly what the Great Ellipses we call it structure AD was aligned towards. But I think there was more going on here, because, as you've pointed out, there was a thin wall on one side with a tiny little porthal in it that you could crawl through and get into the pillar strine, which is what we've been talking about. But you know, you couldn't sort of properly climb through it. You had to slither through it, almost as if you had to go up then you know, push your head and body through it because it wasn't very big this whole, and then you would basically have to slither down into the shrine itself. And there's a suggestion that this may have contained water in the past, so you'd have been slithering down into water. What did the water represent. I think it represented what many ancient cultures referred to as the cosmic ocean or the primeval void, which was seen to be like a watery domain existing beyond the physical universe itself, and that all life and the universe as a whole came from it.
Speaker 3: You get the.
Speaker 4: Ideas for instance, in Gnostic tradition, and there is very strong comparisons between what's happening at Carahantapey and Gnosticism.
Speaker 3: The Gnostics believed.
Speaker 4: In a form of God that was beyond the physical, beyond the universe as a whole.
Speaker 3: It was in some.
Speaker 4: Kind of supernal realm, and it was like an invisible sun, a sun that existed in the darkness, and this was seen as the true God, and its manifestation was a serpent known as the Good Serpent, and it was this that created the universe and the world.
Speaker 3: One of the terms for.
Speaker 4: It, of course, is the demiurge, and the Gnostics would try to make contact with God through this serpent. They would, you know, use real snakes, as we know. That's why they were called Auphites, which means basically, you know that the worshipers of the snake, and they would allow this snake meta physically to enter inside them and to give them these ecstatic experiences so that they could experience the oneness with God, the gnosis. This is what they were trying to achieve, this oneness with the divine, with God itself, and they would do it through communication with the Son of God which was the snake of the serpent. And a lot of these ideas come from Haran in southeast Turkey on the Haram plane, within just a short distance of both Krahan to Pay and Gebecley to Pay. And it's my belief, and I give all the evidence in the book that the ideas that were there Cararahan to Pay in particular, were passed down by word of mouth and through different cults and religions and groups for many thousands of years until they fully manifest at Horan. That becomes the center of the Sibiens, the center of the Chowde and astronomers and astronomers, and it's the source of Hermetica. You know that the Egyptian America, which was processed and sent out from Horan, and even the Tarot pack. Believe it or not, some of the cards of the major Arcana are based upon Horan.
Speaker 3: Just out of interest. But that's another story.
Speaker 1: This one pit that I saw which has this big head, it's it's a column pit. It's like so strange. It doesn't look like an observatory. It looks like some kind of a game where you're you're passing a bar between the columns it's so weird. What do you suspect that was used for astronomy?
Speaker 4: We can only but speculate, but I think there's a growing body of evidence to suggest that it could have had water in it. I mean how much water, We don't know. It could only have been maybe a foot deep, or it might have been more. But that this represented the primeval waters, and that that means that people would have to, you know, swim around in that wallow, wallow around in it, have to process that in some ways.
Speaker 3: It may even be that the water was much higher.
Speaker 4: But the pillars themselves seemed to be almost like an assault course in the sense that you had to navigate them in a certain order. And I think you probably ended the journey by staring up at that head on the wall, and that that represented the active spirit of the cosmic serpent, and it would talk to you, and it would possibly in some way enter inside you as well, and that this was part of an initiatory process that begins in the greater ellipse structure AD. You then pass through that ault whole window into the pillar shrine, and at the end of that you get out through some steps and go into the third and final shrine, which is what we call the pit shrine structure AA. And this has got this it in the middle, and it's almost and it's got this stone almost like a sort of diving board right by the side of it, which tempts us to suggest that this also had water in it and that you had to dive into that water again for some kind of initiation process, some kind of communication with the divine And this reminds us, of course, of what the Druids would do. I mean, the Druids had what we call plunge poles. Those plunge poles polls, they would have to go into at night and stay there for a considerable period of time, maybe twelve hours, maybe even longer than that, and they would have to you know, not only communicate with supernatural agencies, but also to chart and to recount stories, you know, bardic stories. I mean, this is what we know about that the Druids, and I think that once again something similar was going on at Carahan Tape.
Speaker 3: And now I mean.
Speaker 4: All of this is speculation, of course it is, but I think that we are heading in the right direction where there. But of course there's more because a lot of people say, well, those.
Speaker 3: Pillars coming out of the ground.
Speaker 4: They have larger heads on them, aren't they Just a whole load of penises.
Speaker 3: And there's a new statue on the top of the hill.
Speaker 4: You probably saw it yourself in the new enclosure that has this huge of a statue that, even in a seated position, is seven and a half feet tall. Right, And he's he's you know, he's got full faces, he's ribs, he's got this weird mullet haircut, and he's holding his privates. Yeah, and this is a familiar style of statue that we find at the tape and also at this other new site that we talked about called Cyberg.
Speaker 3: So you had to say, why why these guys want to hold their privates?
Speaker 4: Is it sexual? Are they, you know, trying to show off? Are they masturbating or whatever. I don't think he's got anything to do with that at all. It's about power. It's about the seat of power.
Speaker 3: If you if you think of.
Speaker 4: Vedic tradition, the source of the chakras is in the base chakra right at the you know, the the base of the body what the the Romans called the cathedra, the arch of the body, you know, where the genitals are and it was believed that that power rose up from there into the upper part of the body. This is something we know from yogic and tantric practices, the whole chakra system, you know, of the energies rising up to the body. And I think that's what they're doing. That what they are doing when they're holding their privates is saying I have the power, you know, And what that means is that they have the power control over their environment, over dangerous animals, over fate and destiny, over their neighbors, over those around them. You know, they are in control, and that energy comes from the base. And of course, in Vedic tradition and in Gnostic tradition, I show the similarities in the book, both of them are represented by a snake inside the body rising up from the genitalia upwards through into.
Speaker 3: The upper part of the body.
Speaker 4: That was the symbol of that power, the snake rising inside the body itself.
Speaker 1: So here's a fertility statue of some cays.
Speaker 3: As you suggesting, I'm not saying that I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, fertility is obviously important here because you know this is a male thing, obviously, but I believe that Carahan tape was predominantly female. I think a lot of the Shamans were actually charmaness's. They were female, probably like the priestesses at the oracle in Delphi. And of course, in a traditional sense, it is the woman that has the ability to allow the men to gain an erection, and that, you know, and.
Speaker 3: That was their power.
Speaker 4: Their power was to bring about the power within the man himself. And I think that there's a dualistic relationship here between male and female which were symbiotic with these people. And I think, you know, it involved very strongly both male and female who had their roles here. And so it's not about crude sex, you know, this is about obtaining a power through sexual energy, something that we refer to today as tantrism or the tantric tradition.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Andrew Collins discussing his new book Carahan TEPPI.
Speaker 5: I saw the city passing, Mama Wind was in the crowd, butterfl so long the demophone like every the second.
Speaker 1: The future is blurry. And my guest today is Andrew Collins, the author of Karahan Teppe. I want to remind you that we will be in Kraahan Teppe this coming spring twenty twenty five. You can read all about it at earthagents dot com forward Slash Tours. This is a unique tour because we have archaeologists who are on the field doing the actual digs as our guides. One of the things that I've been curious about for a number of years since the discovery of Go Beckley Teppe is where are the human remains? Where the skeleton remains? And we were in there's a go Beckley Tempe Museum and then there's another one that's dedicated to Krahan Teppe. And the depictions that the the curators had was of a caveman, obviously Homo sapien sapien in evolution. But just a few weeks ago they reported of finding a petrified skull in one of these locations, and they say when they showed that picture, it wasn't of a typical Homo sapien sapien. I wonder if you know anything about that. And number two, it was petrified, Andrew, and petrification starts at ten thousand years plus. We haven't heard anything since then, but this thing could be extremely old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the skull we were talking about was discovered at a site called Cepha Tep Pike. That's to the northeast of Karhan, towards the city of Veranshia.
Speaker 3: It's right on the edge of the Tech Tech Mountains.
Speaker 4: And I was there just a couple of weeks ago talking to the archaeologist who actually discovered it. You know, she was able to point out, you know, where it was found. It was in the extreme northwestern end of a special building as they call it, facing towards the north.
Speaker 3: It was on its side.
Speaker 4: However, having said that, I don't know of anything saying that it was petrified.
Speaker 3: I aren't going to have to look that up.
Speaker 4: She never mentioned anything about it being petrified. But it was definitely for cultic practices because it was on its own. It clearly wasn't simply a burial. So you know, obviously we wait with baited breath for more news on that. As far as human remains are concerned, they find some, not many. They have found some more at Gobeckley tapagently. Claire and his team have discovered some recently, and we obviously await the reports on that, and last year they uncovered some at cidbirds and I was fortunate enough to actually be there to see those remains, you know, as they were being exposed, so you know, yeah, they're there.
Speaker 3: But I must say that I am pretty certain that the.
Speaker 4: Bodies of these people were probably put out for the vultures to pick clean, and of course what they would do is take away some of those bones. It would only be the heaviest of the bones that would remain, and the heads would be removed before the bodies were put out. There's a lot of symbolism, particularly at Gebecley and also at Chattlehoyak, which is a slightly later dated site in southern central Turkey, clearly showing the difference between you know, people that were being put out for excarnation and the so the souls were represented by human heads and the bodies that were being put out were being shown as headless. You see a headless figure, for instance, at the base of Pellar fourty three, but Quebecty tape and the headless people basically represent the body itself or the lower soul, or only one part of the soul. The higher part of the soul is represented by the head and that is what's carried away by the vulture into the sky world.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, what do you think is the purpose of these subsurface dwellings? And I mean, if we're coming up with dats of perhaps fourteen thousand years ago, this is definitely into the Ice Age period. You speculated in one of your earlier books that these could have been have come down from Siberia and so forth and so on. But what's your feeling now, Are you still on that track of thinking.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am, yeah, definitely, And more information is going to be coming out about this within the next year. I happen to know some information which which is going to completely blow this one out of out of the camp basically because there is a lot of evidence that the archaeologists are now beginning to accept that these stone tools that were manufactured in Anatolia can be traced back to Siberia and Mongolia. It's a journey that doesn't just take a few hundred years. I must point out. It takes tens of thousands of years for the for the full waves of migration to actually reach Anatolia. But there's little question that the people involved with tash Tepla at least some of them were a shamanic elite that begin their journey much further east beyond the Eurasian step, beyond the Ural Mountains into Siberia and Mongolia. But having said that, it's not the only people involved here. It's quite clear that the peoples of the Levant, you know, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, were also involved.
Speaker 3: All the way down into Egypt.
Speaker 4: There was a major settlement at the time of Gebecley Tape at a place called Halwan in Egypt, which is within sight of the Great Pyramid, where stone tolls have been found that match exactly those of the tached Tepla culture of Cabecty Tape. So we know that there was at least trading going on between Anatolia and Egypt as early as nine thousand BC. And this is not some mad theory that I've come up with. Professor Klaus Schmidt, you know, the discoverer of gobekley Tepe, wrote a little known article, you know, calling this out years ago, and I wrote all about this in my book The Signus Key, which came out in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: So, you know, there was a relationship between Anatolia all the way down into Egypt. But on top of this, you would have had people coming in from western Anatolia, the Marmarra region. You'd have had people from the Aegean, who was almost certainly were seafarers by this time, colonizing Cyprus. So you'd have had a huge mix, a cosmopolitan mix of people that would have been behind all of the different techniques, the technologies, the engineering, the cosmologies, and the ideas of tash Tepla. You know, this is not simply one group. This is a culmination they're bringing together of a number of different peoples. But there must have been some kind of hierarchical society, because that's the only way that you can get people to create the same type of structure in multiple different places over a period of fifteen hundred years. I mean, it's like Christianity. You know, why do we always build churches with altars in the east and we put crosses on those altars and decorate them in a similar way, in a way that we've been doing for fifteen hundred years. Why do we keep doing that because we believe that if we don't do it, you won't have a place of worship of God. Basically you won't have anywhere to consecrate. And I think that it's a similar thing with creating all of these enclosures with these T shaped billers.
Speaker 3: Why did they keep doing it? You know, so many different settlements. You know, we know of twelve thirteen of these tsh Tabla, there could be many as many as thirty or forty of them.
Speaker 4: Leclai thinks there could be as many as one hundred. Why did they all do exactly the same thing now? And the answer to that is that they were told to do it because if they didn't do it, something bad would happen. And that's something bad, I think, is to do with cataclysms. Remember, this is the tail end of a major twelve hundred year period known as the Younger Dreas that was triggered by almost certainly by a comet impact around ten thousand, eight hundred BC. For hundreds of years after, there were minor cataclysms and events and things going on. And on top of that you had this ice age that gripped in the northern hemisphere for twelve hundred years. Now that goes eventually and after this, places like Gabecty to pay a bill. But you have to say yourself, you know what state of mind were the people in in once these cataclysms had finished. And Barbara han Kloe that the visionary writer referred to it as catastrophobia, you know, the fear further catastrophes. I think it's a brilliant, brilliant way of looking at it. And back then there were no psychoanalysts, there were no psychologists or whatever. You only had shamans. And you listen to the shamans. If the sharman said, look, I can sort all this out for you. You know, you can live in peace, you can live without worry every time a comet appears in the sky that a cataclysm is going to occur. But you have to do what we ask you to and that includes building these structures in a certain manner. And I think that it's a lot more complicated than that, but I think that this is what they wanted. Why did they want to create these enclosures because they wanted easy access into the sky world and this is the way to do it. There are so many catastrops the myths around the world where the first thing that happens after the you know, the Noah like family survives the cataclysm. The first thing they do is build an altar and say thank you to their God so that doesn't happen again. And I think that that's exactly what the whole tash Tepla movement was all about. And it's this that came about after the end of the Last Ice Age. Tash Tebla is the first host Ice Age civilization, but it's also the civilization of the ann archive m HM.
Speaker 1: As we conclude, you've been to Malta and the Hypergem and haven't. Oh, I thought, oh, okay, you haven't. I mean I was, Hugh Hughes been there.
Speaker 3: I've seen it on television, and I've had.
Speaker 1: People on the show that have found in parts of northern Germany and I think in somewhere in close to the learning grad is underground ceremonial pits and caves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that a portion of these Krahan Teppe SATs were made for this type of toning and sounding ceremony.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean Beckley tape, the main enclosures all have very specific geometry that seems to be fine tune for acoustic purposes. Ratios of four to three, which you find even to this day used in the construction theaters. For instance, you have very similar going on within the Greater Lips at Krahan Tapey that also seems to be finely attuned for acoustic purposes. And these type of subsurface enclosures are definitely a development of the use of caves during pay Lithic times, and a classical example of that would be Lascal in southern France. There you have what's known as the well shaft, which is this huge, great circular shaft that you have to descend down into using a rope, and painted on the walls are various different features including this.
Speaker 3: Bird on a pile, a birdman.
Speaker 4: And a bison and a rhino and things like this, and they can all be interpreted in astronomical terms, and they are in the precise area of where the constellations are, but you can't see those constellations, but it's quite clear that they existed within this underworld environment and that they felt that that same link could be made by going underground and using them for rituals and ceremonies that would have involved in toning and chanting, and you know the use of instrumentation, and of course we know that instrumentation will allow you to.
Speaker 3: Get into an alto state of consciousness.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are many cultures, for instance, particularly in Africa, that actually don't use hallucinogens. You know, they solely rely on other forms to get into water states of consciousness, including let's say, drumming. Drumming, if you do drumming for several hours on end, eventually you're going to get into an auto state of consciousness.
Speaker 3: If you're doing it well into.
Speaker 4: The night, you know, and if you're drumming for days, god knows what would happen. So you know, there are other forms of doing it. So sound was the way of entering into an alto state of consciousness.
Speaker 1: The book's called Carahan Teppy Civilization of the Annarchy and the Cosmic Origins of the Serpent of Eden, and my guess it has been Andrew Collins.
Speaker 3: This book just.
Speaker 1: Came out, and I wanted to mention to you that the photographs are excellent, and I'll tell you why because the publisher Inner Traditions, actually published color photos and Andrew took, which is very rare. Most of the time that'll be black and white. So Andrew twisted some arms to get them to actually print the color photographs. I have been given permission by Andrew to publish up to seven photographs. I'll have those on the Facebook page. Go to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients, either group page or the international page. They're outstanding. I can't tell you how great they are. And they're very recent. A couple of them are from two thousand and three, which makes the book very timely. The books available on Amazon I just saw it, and probably available Andrew wherever you get your publications, correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean just any good online bookstore, Amazon, Barnes and Noble. And if you want to know more about the book and about any of these subjects we're talking about, go on to Andrewcollins dot com. You know there's links there to all my social media. There's articles on all of these subjects. And also, if you want to come with us out to Turkey next year, we're going there in May and September. You know that I do this with my good friend Hu Newman of Megalithmania. So all the details are on our website, and you know these are voyages of discovery. I mean, we're able to get out there because of the tours. If we did not have the tours, the chances are we wouldn't be able to go out there, certainly not as often. And we make discoveries when we're there. I mean every time we ever go out there, something new is discovered. You know, somebody in the tour group will discover something or realize something, so you know it's exciting. So come with us sometime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're that's on megal Lithormania dot com. I believe, no dot co dot UK, oh dot co dot UK. Thank you for remembering that.
Speaker 3: As I say, everything's on Andrew Colins dot com.
Speaker 1: As we're actually gonna do two tourists of Turkey next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean we do one in May, which is basically to the whole of the country, you know, starting off in Istanbul and ending up going through shan Laufer and Mardin, which is a beautiful, beautiful place. We go to Kappadocia, but then in the September one we usually go further east to Lake Varn and all the incredible sights out there and reach as far as Mount Arrarat in the very northeastern part of Antlia, and that's a very interesting area. That's taking my Yeah, we'll taking my tress even more and more because I think there is that there's stuff to be found out of there relating to Tepla, that is drawing me, and I'll be going out there.
Speaker 1: You know. I want mentioned and maybe you can talk about this for a second. When I was in Anatolia, I can't remember, we were at a monastery that produced some of the best white wines I've ever had before, and their varietal grapes are phenomenal. Because you drink Egyptian wine, it's horrible. They don't have anyone. They're so religious they won't test their wine. But in Turkey their wine is quite palatable.
Speaker 4: I think you're talking about the Saffron monastery at Mardin.
Speaker 1: Are you yes? You go ahead it on the nose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a beautiful place, beautiful place, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, and I know the wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was excellent, so I'm alwayn't sure about that. As we conclude. At Karahan Teppe, there was a sunken hole at Structure AA that was so smooth it looked like a sauna of some kind. Was that filled with water? Do they speculate or what? Yeah, very strange.
Speaker 4: I mean, it looks like a mini swimming pool. I mean there's even a diving board on the side of it. I mean, I think it.
Speaker 3: Was full of water.
Speaker 4: I think that they were able to put water in it. I think that that was part of the experiential journey. I think that the idea was to go back into the primeval void that, you know, the cosmic ocean itself, to become at one with the source of everything. I mean, I think what these people were trying to do at Carahan, more so than k Beeckley, was to find out who we are, where we came from, what it's all about, and to make a connection with what we call God, and to get that God to communicate with us. I think all of these things, what you might call ontological ideas, is what was going on through their head. And I actually think that Carara Hantape was a split from the Battley Tape. The Batley Tape is almost like a sort of Catholic cathedral, whereas what was going on at Carahntape is like a Gnostic church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I would say it.
Speaker 1: Last question and I'll let you go, what do you hope to see as a breakthrough at these tepees. What do you think is the real What do you suspect is the real unveiling here?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that we're just going to see you know, I'm going to say more of the same, but I mean quite clearly, with every discovery that's made there, we're learning something. But what I fear is that the excavations are not going to go fast enough for us to get the full answers, and that those answers probably are not going to be found in southeastern Anatolia, and that we've got to start looking elsewhere. And if I wanted to follow my nose, I think it would be into Armenia and in the direction of the Caucasus, and probably even beyond that into the Russian step. I think that's where we're going to start finding the links that will show us how the tash Tebla movement evolved. You know, there are a number of very very early sites on the Tigris River, whereas obviously all of tash Tepla is on the Euphrates River, and it's those on the Tigris that are much much earlier, but they clearly are the prototypes of what will eventually take place. You know, places like the Veterepe and Kahan, so you know we have to learn from those. But even then you say, well, where did their technology and innovation come from? And that clearly seems to be coming from the north, So you know that's what we're looking at.
Speaker 3: You know that the.
Speaker 4: Origins really and to really build that bridge, the bridge that not just myself, but many Turkish archaeologists are beginning to realize that he's there and that's the bridge between Anatolia and Siberia.
Speaker 1: In particular, I thought you would have mentioned something like, well, I'm hoping to find the complete grave of a Dinersafin.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you know that the huge statue that was found in the enclosure on the top of the hill at kara Hand last year. I mean it's seven and a half feet tall.
Speaker 3: Statue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he's seven and a half fect or sitting down. If he if he stood up, he'd be nine feet tall. He's got this huge, massive.
Speaker 3: Giant head.
Speaker 4: And I've done reproductions of what I think you know that the hybrids of the Dinisavans look like, and it's very very similar in d To me, what that represents is a memory of these ancestors, the people behind the creation of tash Tepola. I think that that's the way they perceived them, and for some reason, they saw them in terms of giants, and I think that here we get onto the watchers and the Nephelin, whose story does really begin in that area of southeastern and eastern Anatolia, as I've written in many of my books, going all the way back to from the Ashes of Angels back in nineteen ninety six, which I was writing at the very time that the first spades were going into the ground at the Beetley Tape, and it was almost like I knew that there was a missing part of history, and now we have found it.
Speaker 1: Wow. As always, wonderful, very insaneful my success on the new book, Andrew, and thank you. I appreciate you being on the program.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Cliff.
Speaker 1: I mentioned at the beginning of the program that we will probably be in Turkey in the spring. I forgot that we'll be in March. We're going to be in Easter Island Rephannui, and then it looks like it's going to be June July for Turkey, and then the final tour of the year will be Day of the Dead in Guatemala at Tikal and other may insights. So if you want to join us for the Turkey tour, and I already have some people that want to sign up again, it's probably July June, July. We'll have a firm date, probably in the next couple of weeks. I'll i'll announce it on the show. And this is an opportunity to see go Beckley, Tepe, Carahan, Teppe, a number of monasteries, a number of places where Roomy was living in some of his quotes from his books some of the inspiration for those. And the museums in the Turkey are fabulous, Oh my god, I can't get over them. They're just so modern, multi lingual, and all of them are automated, so as you enter a room, the lights go on, the sound goes on, the multi playing devices, the digital devices are turned on. Very very cool. In fact, they arrival many of the Western museums that we see in Paris and New York and then London. So real fun tour. We're going to try to go when it's not so hot. August is a little too hot. Average temperature was one hundred and two, but we will be making plans, and I know some of you want to go. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email, send it to Earth Ancients, the number four to the letter you at gmail dot com and let me know if you want to be on this waiting list. We take small groups. We max out probably twenty sometimes we'll push it to twenty two to twenty five, but absolutely small groups so we all can travel together in an intimate setting. We hang, we get in and out of sights, and we have special permissions. And most of the tour locations are presented by local field archaeologists who are actually excavating the area, and they speak good English so you can ask. You can ask a lot of questions without problems. It's really fun. So that's our tour for twenty twenty five. Fun to have Andrew on the program. The pictures in this book are fabulous. They are so good that I am going to publish. I'm going to try to publish at least seven, might go to ten. And you can see them on Facebook. Go to go to Facebook, go to Earth Ancients group page or international. Hey, I want to mention if you're enjoying Earth Ancient's Destiny or any of the other programming we do here. Please consider becoming a subscriber of Patreon for as little as five dollars a month. You can support the work we do here on this podcast, and it is a lot of work and is expensive. We have a team and your money either five, ten, fifteen, even twenty bucks a month really really helps. We've got a ton of thank you guess. We have a number of books that are available to you for download. I think we're up to almost forty now if you go way back. We have unedited and unreleased interviews, we have some galleries and it's really fun to have you there to support Earth Ancients. So again, to become a subscriber, go to Patreon that's PA t R e o N dot com Forward Slash Earth Ancients and subscribe five bucks, ten bucks, whatever you can afford. Really keeps the lights on and I really appreciate it. Patreon dot com Forward Slash Earth Ancients. All right, that's it for this program. I want to think My guest today Andrew Collins do us from London, England and releasing his new book Karahan Teppie. As always, the team of Gail tor Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock all right, Take care of you well, and we'll talk to you next time.