Speaker 1: Why don't you get us started? Tricia officially start the show. What the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 2: If somebody asked me to reduce a fraction, I would start crying and throwing up. Really, I can't fractions. My brain just doesn't work like that. It stresses me out. And sometimes you got to flip the fraction upside.
Speaker 1: That's called the reciprocal. When dividing fractions, multiply multiplied by the reciprocals.
Speaker 2: Not all the times, it's just in certain instances.
Speaker 3: Anytime dividing fractions, you multiplied by reciprocal.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like see that. I remembered you. You flip them when you're multiplying them. No, no, that's not true. But you multiplied the denominator by the numerator, the numerator by the x. It's yeah, yeah, fractions are hard. Huh.
Speaker 3: Were you just not good at math?
Speaker 2: No, I was really good at geometry. I killed it in geometry. I struggled a lot with algebra, and I didn't take anything above. I picked my entire college major based on the fact that I thought there wouldn't be no math in it.
Speaker 3: I took calculus in high school.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't take calculus.
Speaker 3: No, oh, you were one of those would.
Speaker 4: Still be in high school trying to pass it if I did.
Speaker 3: I like numbers, Yeah, I mean I like him too.
Speaker 1: I learned, I mean I learned the most math that I've really ever learned, and is by learning to read the daily racing form.
Speaker 4: The horractions and percentages.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, and links speed ratings, Yeah, things like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Links Like if you asked me like how far away that is?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You don't know what a furlong is?
Speaker 2: No, I have no idea what a furlo How we when we go walk at our.
Speaker 4: Little neighborhood walking trail.
Speaker 2: I only know how far five hundred feet is because there's a sign that says brushy walking trail five hundred feet until the driveway. That's how I know what five hundred feet is. It's like that meme on on social media. The GPS drastically overestimates my ability to you know, how long a length is.
Speaker 3: I wish the GPS would do like an airplane does when it's landing, Oh, and count it down out down the distance for you. Yeah. I don't know why it doesn't, but it doesn't.
Speaker 2: The stories we love all right, the election's over, thank goodness.
Speaker 4: A lot of people not happy.
Speaker 2: So some people are saying they want to break from America. A cruise line just announced a special package called Skip Forward, which allows travelers to spend four years on a cruise ship, returning home just in time for the next president. The crews will travel to all seven continents and go to one hundred and forty countries.
Speaker 4: Naturally, a four yel your cruise is not going to be cheap.
Speaker 2: A single occupancy room starts at two hundred and fifty six thousand dollars, while a double occupancy room starts at three hundred and twenty thousand. But that covers absolutely everything on board the ship, including all your food and drinks and things like fitness center and spa.
Speaker 3: If you're talking about five grand a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't to go for four entire years, they have a midterm option.
Speaker 1: Any This irritates me because anybody that needs a break from America has no idea how good they have.
Speaker 4: How lucky of the art I'd be in luck you won.
Speaker 1: The lotto, Yeah, to be born in this country, and you're saying you need a break from it. You need to broaden your horizons a little bit, take a look around the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Crusse ship is also saying it's it's not as only not only giving people a chance to escape politics, but you don't have to deal with traffic, GMS, or the monotony of city life, or the day in and day out of you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And you got twenty four hour pizza, Yeah, ice cream partly.
Speaker 4: You know how he all big.
Speaker 2: I'd get on it because isn't it like I've never been on a cruise because I'm terrified of the ocean, but like twenty four to seven dining, yes, yeah, and it's all included. Yes, Oh, it would be so bad for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be kind of I could see if someone would want to do that. Yeah, four years, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That is a long time. So again, there's the midterm option.
Speaker 1: You go for two, right, there's I remember reading stories about a woman did the math and figured it was easier to live on a cruise ship than it wasn't a retirement center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or to have a mortgage. Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't know anyway, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll be curious to see they never read these stories, but rarely do you see how many of them they ever sold.
Speaker 2: Right, But there was a story recently about them selling one a cruise line selling one year cruises that people bought, and then literally, like to do that, they sold their houses, They quit their jobs, planned their life for a year on this cruise ship, and then like a week before they were supposed to set sales, something happened and they couldn't do it. The people got their money back, but they'd already sold their houses and stuff.
Speaker 4: So people do do these very extended.
Speaker 1: Trips, right, Like I like the people that just travel around in RV's, Like my mom and dad had a friend they retired and they literally did not have a physical address. Yeah, they lived and they just went from state park the state park, living in their RV.
Speaker 3: They did it for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool. You gotta be happy with a small space. But that sounds fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Hey, different strokes for different folks, right, that is the story.
Speaker 3: We love. See.
Speaker 1: Trust if I were a betting man, I'd bet on us today in class, Really I would.
Speaker 4: Did you feel that way yesterday? Because we lost yesterday?
Speaker 1: I called our shot yesterday and we lost remember yeah, so, but today I feel like it'd be very We've never lost two in a row.
Speaker 4: I don't think I right. You know what, I don't know. I don't know if we have or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have. But this is a game that we play with our Alexa device. It's very easy to follow along. I don't need to explain it to you. So let's go ahead and play Echo Play song Quiz.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to song Quiz. How many people want to play song quiz One? To play a music decade, say decade. To play a brand new music genre, say genre genre. Choose a music genre. You can say today's top hits, stay at home, party boy bands versus girl bands. Try the featured playlist two thousands hip hop, or say.
Speaker 3: More classic rock.
Speaker 6: Starting your seventies classic rock game. Your opponent is Jackie, Jackie. Don't forget about your lifelines. They're there if you need them. Question one for ten points, Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, Rolling Stones, Wild Horses, Dynamite.
Speaker 6: You got the full twenty points. You're tied at twenty points. Question two for ten points Struggle two three.
Speaker 4: Fifty ways to leave your lover.
Speaker 3: Paul Simon, Fifty Ways to leave your lover solid.
Speaker 4: Yeah about the bag, jack you got your full pot.
Speaker 6: You and Jackie are tied forty points.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jackie.
Speaker 6: Question three for ten.
Speaker 3: Points, Steve Miller Joker, You got the artist.
Speaker 6: The title was take the Money, and Jackie are tied with question four for twenty points, but.
Speaker 1: You never lost Ahead wild Side Bob Dylan, You got the title for twenty points.
Speaker 6: The artist was lou Reed read it's a tie. Game at seven for the song quiz Bonus round question five for forty points, Wow, Lifeline. Would you like to get a hint or go double or nothing? Hint getting you a different song clip from the same song.
Speaker 3: Lifeline?
Speaker 6: Looks like you've already used a lifeline this turn.
Speaker 4: Are the words of this song.
Speaker 1: Charlie Daniels band Devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 6: The song was Pink Moon by Nick Drake. You still have your double or nothing Lifeline. You're tied at seventy points. Oh, it's a tie. Oh it's a suki suki.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'll take a tie. That was not easy today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we have to stay in song quiz jil until we win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Jackie was like our perfect opponent. We get the exact same scores all the way through.
Speaker 1: Right, We'll do it again tomorrow, All right, stay with us, more coming up, right, Trusia care or don't care to know what's gonna happen to vacant restaurants like Red Lobster and TGI Fridays. What people are saying they're gonna be turned into.
Speaker 2: Okay, my guess is spirit Halloween stress.
Speaker 4: That's my guess.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you know who's really after those spots are fast food change and they want to install drive through lanes where people once sat down for dinner. Oh, they want a bit more drive through lanes, more and more and more drive through lanes. Eventually it's gonna look like a bank you used to look with all the drive through lanes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or like the Chick fil a is Like now.
Speaker 3: They got two, it's the most I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: You're saying they want more than they.
Speaker 1: Want like five, six, seven different lanes so they can crank it out even faster. Tricia care, don't care to know why we get goosebumps?
Speaker 4: I do I care about stuff like that.
Speaker 1: First of all, goosebumps occur when small muscles connected the hair follicles contract, causing the hair to stand up. It's an evolutionary remnant from thick body hair that help to insulate humans from the cold. Goosebumps are triggered by cold or emotional responses like fear and excitement due to the release of stress hormones.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I thought it had something to do with like a fight or flight type thing.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it does, like help help you.
Speaker 2: Stay alive, a survival mechanism to let you know when you get the heck out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does. What about do you care? Don't care to know? Some interesting stuff about deja vu?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dejah vu of course the sensation of having experienced a present moment before.
Speaker 3: Rightly, so weird feeling, right for most people.
Speaker 1: It's thought to result from a memory processing glitch, where new experiences are stored as long term memories and they bypasses your short term memory spots. So it goes into a spot in your brain that is usually used to store long term memory.
Speaker 4: Right, but it pops back up into the short term.
Speaker 1: No, it goes into your long term memories. That's why you think you've been there before. I got makes sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Dejabu is weird. Weird word.
Speaker 1: I remember when I was playing football get hit in the head real hard, and I flashbacks to things from my childhood when I got hit in the head.
Speaker 4: That's that's weird. That's I feel like, very disturbing.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I had like shut down.
Speaker 3: I had like seven concussions.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that explains a lot. Explains a lot of things. Sandy, Do I not know that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I thought you knew my full medical history. Clearly, I think concussion. Yeah, that's got hit in the head a lot.
Speaker 1: Jamie and Sandy, I were getting ready to start at seven o'clock. But in case you missed it yesterday, here is something you missed.
Speaker 3: It's somewhat of a miracle.
Speaker 1: JB is with us today because the last week has not been kind to old mister JB. It's not been good, just falling apart. His wife's been gone out of town for a week. He's trying to survive on his own, probably eating beef jerky and drinking mountain dew, and she's falling apart.
Speaker 5: I actually eat pretty well because I'm the cook in the house. Oh okay, but I will say this Yeah, my wife has been gone for a week. She works for an event company and there's a big wedding in Mexico.
Speaker 3: She's been gone all week. I don't. I don't do well.
Speaker 4: I'm supervised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't do well when she's And I hope she's not listening to this because I don't want her to hear this, but it's like, yeah, I just I don't do well when she's gone.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm imploding. So what's missing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What what would what's not?
Speaker 1: I guess the good question is what's not happening that would happen when Aaron was there?
Speaker 7: So she's been gone, what hasn't been happening? I just don't know what to do with my time. I'm like, there's no structure. There's no structure. I'm just grabbing the dogs and going to a bar in.
Speaker 5: The evening, so I'm staying up later.
Speaker 3: And I'm then I'm sleeping later in the morning. Like my routines out of whack. I just I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to describe it, but I feel like I'm imploding.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe is it because I know Aaron and she's very organized and She's very good at reminding you of things that need to be done, and she'll text is that that's clearly not happening, right, Hey, don't forget so and Show is coming over to put a new filangy on the toilet today.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Right, It's that there is a lot of that. But yeah, right, I don't know what it is. I just I just I don't. I don't want to envision a life without her, just being honest, Yeah, Like I don't know what it would be like, like if I was suddenly found myself single, like ohre starting over, nightmare and so you know, I of course I'm not going to tell her like I'm just falling apart when she's not here.
Speaker 1: Oh how are things? You're like, Oh, everything's great, Yeah, that's fine. Fun, it's fun.
Speaker 5: But I but I really do appreciate her when she's gone, like after a week of being on they not that I didn't appreciate before.
Speaker 2: But just it magnifies it magnifizes what she does and how she keeps things kind of on track and going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's so funny because we've been having this conversation a lot in our house, you know, my daughters turns twenty three in another couple of weeks, which is crazy, and you know, talking about dating and stuff and what it feels like, and you know that's at an age. You know, twenty three is close to the age of when I met her mother, Like these could be long term relationships. Yeah, and so I you know, quite often I always get asked like, oh, you know, like how do you know it's like the one or whoever, you know, if it's legit and it's real simple, it's like, do I miss them every day?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, that's it. One man married the wrong one. I screwed up. I've got the wrong you know.
Speaker 5: It's funny because, yeah, I've had these conversations with my daughter and stuff, and it's like if you're if you're pulling up to the house and you see their car and their home and you're like, oh, that's probably not good, right, But instead, like I just look forward to seeing her every day. I look forward to talking to her every day. I know this sounds really sappy, but I'm just not doing I don't do well what Like that's funny.
Speaker 3: I clearly need.
Speaker 5: Her to outlive me, which she will, like you know, yeah, yeah, that I just I don't want to fathom that.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to even think about that.
Speaker 2: We were with you on Saturday, and when we were leaving the bar for that fundraise, I was like, what are you gonna do tonight?
Speaker 4: You're like, eh, I guess, go home. I guess I watch TV. I don't know. Like you were very like.
Speaker 5: Well, luckily college football is going on. Yeah, great, so Saturday was covered Saturday Saturdays. I love college football.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I make sure you know something that I've learned that and I've learned from my wife, Tricia and my daughter. Something girls love to have when they get home when they've been gone for a while, like when our daughter goes to camp for a week, or Tricia goes on a girl's weekend or something. So let's say Tricia's gone. Landry always washes her sheets and makes her bed for so when she comes home, she's got clean sheets. And Tricia always does it for Landry. So it might be a nice thing to do for your wife.
Speaker 2: Put clean sheets on the back, everything nice and neat in its place, like clean up.
Speaker 5: It's funny you say that because we don't have a housekeeper. You know, and she was wanting to arrange one to come before she got back, such a fear that I would just destroy the place.
Speaker 3: Yes, well I'm not a slob. Yeah, she thinks you're just gonna poop on the floor.
Speaker 2: Right, don't act like you did not understand, Sandy. We have a housekeeper, and if I'm gone for any extended period of time, I will ask her to come the day before or the morning of I get home, because any realize exation that I may have achieved on my trip. The second I walk in the door and I have to start cleaning the kitchen or cleaning the bathroom, all the relaxation is gone, and then I'm irritated and all the stresses back. So that's a way to make sure you come home to a clean house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm gonna I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't have a housekeeper lined up, but I am gonna do some extra extra extra clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, still enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's guy clean and there's girl clean, and it's two completely different things. It's completely different things. Well, hang in there. I feel like hang in there, a little buddy. You're gonna get there. It's gonna be home soon. It's like your babysitting. Like we're talking like.
Speaker 3: You're sad I'm coming home.
Speaker 5: I know, I'm really actually quite embarrassed at how I feel about it, you know, now proud.
Speaker 3: Of this and get your daughter's like damn dead home. I know it's kind of sad.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you this. There are chicks listening. Women listening. They're like, oh I love that. Girls love stuff like this. But I don't say this to her. No, it cool, I play it cool.
Speaker 3: She's not hearing this, So I'll email her the audio so she knows.
Speaker 1: That way, you don't have to have that awkward moment, you know what I mean, and tell her all all those things.
Speaker 3: So