Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 3: One of my dogs is sick, not doing well, the one that was eaten by a coyote anyway, so giving her a lot of medicine. She threw up near the kitchen, so I was cleaning it up. It's not fun getting eaten by a coyote. Last I heard today the stitches come out as the vombit came up.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: All right, good morning. It's a Monday, November twenty five.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot to cover this morning, a lot of business to talk about outside of the show.
Speaker 4: First of all, Hello Amy, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 4: Have you heard me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh happy Monday. Yeah, well it is, and we'll talk about that in a minute. And good morning, Good morning Bill, Good morning La. Was it the Rams or the Chargers game last night? I forgot it was a Rams Rams And as we all know, or as you know, as I know and works that so far, and the Rams got decreased last night.
Speaker 4: Not good.
Speaker 3: Not good Cono, good morning hey, and Neil, good morning, Neil.
Speaker 2: Did you not get the memo?
Speaker 4: I did. Neil's not there.
Speaker 3: Neil's gone all this week except for Thanksgiving Day when he does the morning show and he says he fills in for me.
Speaker 4: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's the Neil Show on Thanksgiving Day where he takes phone calls and he gives you hints and people have all kinds of issues cooking on Thanksgiving Day. Neil being the foodie of all foodies, who does. Just if you ever have the opportunity to go to Neil's house to eat, which of course you never will, it is a real delight to go there.
Speaker 4: We should give one of those away, you know what.
Speaker 3: Duffer Pastathon, that's the other thing I want to talk about his pasta than that is.
Speaker 4: We had a couple events over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Tim had one at the Wendy's in where was it? It was in Mission Viejo, And then Tim had one on Saturday at the No Friday at this morning Final Lake Forest.
Speaker 4: It's amazing how many people showed up.
Speaker 3: It was really terrific, you know. It was nice to see everybody and people. I can't tell you my people went up to me and said, Bill, I've been listening to you to I've been listening to you four and then I just shut him up.
Speaker 4: I go, just shut up. I don't want to hear it. Okay, just done. It used to be. Oh, I've been listening to you for fifteen years. Hey, that's great, thank you so much. And then I've been listening to you for twenty years. I go, thanks, that's terrific. After that, it's shut up. I don't want to hear it. Shut up. We've gotten old, both of us.
Speaker 3: You look like crap, and you're probably gonna die by this weekend. Okay, I don't want to hear how long you've been listening to me. But it was hugely successful, and I don't know if they put it on the on Instagram, but because I wanted to turbo people coming in and buying pasta and sauce at smartan final for pasta, fon for helping the kids eat.
Speaker 4: And that's they serve twenty.
Speaker 3: Five thousand meals a week now Catarina's Club, and it's pasta, pasta meals and whatever protein they have at the time, whatever, but.
Speaker 4: It's the basis pasta meals.
Speaker 3: So what I did is I literally filled up a shopping cart, half of it with sauce and half of it with pasta. I mean box after actually they were bags after bags of pasta, and I mean it's one of those where it was really heavy to carry through. And there I am going through the checkout lane. It's being videoed, and I'm they wrung up.
Speaker 4: Took a while to ring it up.
Speaker 3: And as we're through, I put my credit card down and I also put a donation down. And then as soon as I was through, and the clerk person, the female clerk person there, thank me so much for helping Pastathon. It goes the video off. Yes, go get me the manager put all this stuff back on the shelves and credit my credit card.
Speaker 4: Okay. Done. The other thing I'm going to point out, Oh.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure that Amy you'll be picking this one up, is this will be the last pardoning of the turkeys for the Biden administration. He will get to pardon the turkeys. I don't know what their names are.
Speaker 4: They're always some weird names.
Speaker 3: Please it's also stupid names Ralph and Ralph and whatever. Anyway, so the turkeys are pardoned and then they're sent off to some turkey sanctuary someplace next year to prove to establish his creds. This is Donald Trump that he is a law and order guy. Not only will he not pardon the turkeys, he will order they be slaughtered right there in front of.
Speaker 2: The kids, the execution of the church.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely correct. We're going into a law and order presidency. Frankly, I think that's a much better idea this, uh, I mean pardoning turkeys.
Speaker 4: What do you do with the other eighteen billion turkeys? Do they have hopes that they're part of those two?
Speaker 3: Do they?
Speaker 4: It's like a lottery God, I hope I win. I hope I win. Okay, no turkey this year for me, by the way, really no.
Speaker 3: Daughter is doing duck She is making a couple of dead ducks and then she is going to roast the potatoes.
Speaker 4: In duck fat.
Speaker 2: It's going to be delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my daughter is. She's a serious foodie. She's a serious foody. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I have to I have to bring some pumpkin pie. And I don't want to go to Costco because you know, those pumpkin pies are a yard wide trying to go you know a store bought pumpkin pies?
Speaker 4: Are they any good? You know, like a rauphs or Pavilion's.
Speaker 2: Uh. I mean it's hard to go bad, to mess up a pumpkin pie.
Speaker 4: I've had bad tasting pumpkin pies.
Speaker 2: Well, Marie Calendars or something.
Speaker 3: You can't get you you have to order the pies and advance of Marie Calendars, and there's a line of block and a half long.
Speaker 4: You can't do just walk in.
Speaker 3: There are no walk in and Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving it Marie calendars, there are none. Do I have time to order one up in Marie And it's not worth the line, for God's sake, that's not worth it. I'm just trying to think which market has the best one.
Speaker 4: I don't know. And then ice cream, and then an apple pie. I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Get you ever have cheese cheddar cheese on apple pie?
Speaker 2: I've never done that.
Speaker 5: It is spectacular, But I love cheese and apples.
Speaker 3: You you try an apple pie, a warm apple pie with them, you know, a slice of cheddar cheese which you can get at Costco, the big honkin double pack of cheddar cheese, and it is just spectacular.
Speaker 4: It really is, all right, so Amy, it's just the two of us this morning. Oh it real Quickly.
Speaker 3: Pasta Fon is now officially kicked off, and of course we ask you for your donations of pasta and sauce to be delivered to I think any smart and final you could drop them off at Wendy's. Also, I think are accepting. I believe they're accepting pasta and sauce. Don't know, Go to pasta go to KFI six forty dot com, kfi a M six forty dot com slash pasta pon. It'll give you all the information and they'll tell you where to donate and how here. You can donate on the site real money like I did. And then on December three, we are broadcasting live like we do every single year.
Speaker 4: It's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Okay, didn't even know that existed, but Giving Tuesday, because I don't connect with that sort of stuff. Giving Tuesday, We're gonna be broadcasting all day long, starting at five am wake up call with Amy and ending with Moe at ten pm.
Speaker 4: So it's the entire day.
Speaker 3: Part and come on by off pasta and sauce your donations. Also, if you come in during the course of this show, maybe Amy's depends on when they deliver the bagels.
Speaker 4: There will be real jew bagels. That's my contract says that.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, we're trying to hunt down the big poster board of the bagelidendum, which is an actual part of my contract. It is real and we're gonna we should have that up there, which means real jew bagels will be served with the shmear, with cream, cheese, and pastries and coffee and I think juice also. But that's during the morning show from six to nine nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: It cuts off.
Speaker 3: You make a move for a pastry that's left at nine oh one, boom, you get hit. Okay, get your hands off this thing. So it's between I don't know. I think they set up beforehand Amy, Okay, I hope. So I think I'll make sure they do okay well, because not that I have any influence, but I'll try at least coffee if not, because bagels have to be delivered and they don't have to be whatever. All right, all right, we spent the first segment just on all the business. But since it's only Amy and mineself, we'll go right into handle on the news.
Speaker 4: Lead story fire.
Speaker 3: We may have a ceasefire here between Israel and Hezbollah source unnamed but close to the Shenanigans say that the ceasefire is very close, and I would think that Hezbolah would in fact come to the table with a ceasefire. They don't have any skin in this game with Kamas and Israel. They have nothing to do with this and the only reason they launched those attacks on Israel is quote solidarity, to show solidarity with Palestinians. Well, bay Root is starting to blow up, and you've already have three thousand people killed in South Lebanon.
Speaker 4: Actually even bay Root and Israel is just started.
Speaker 3: And so maybe someone on Thesmala side is saying, you know what, maybe it's not worth it. Look what Israel did in Gaza. Gaza, they have a claim because that's a territory, and not that I well, I believe in a two state solution, but at least the folks in Gaza have a legitimate claim because no, they don't. No, they want to get rid of Israel and they want to matter of fact, they believe in a one party state or one state solution, as does Israel, and each country believes the other one shouldn't exist, So that becomes problematic, all right, let's keep on going.
Speaker 2: Amy, Well, they're brasen for battles.
Speaker 5: Lawmakers on Capitol Hill are getting ready to fight it out over President elect Trump's picks for his cabinet. Some of the controversial selections, of course, include Peteth for Secretary of Defense, also Tulsa Gabbard his pick for the director of National Intelligence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that those are problems now, a lot of his picks, Trump's picks you may not agree with, and a lot of people severely disagree. But you know, like the billionaire ahead of the Treasury, I mean, the guy has been in finance his entire life, and so.
Speaker 4: At least you know he's going to get through.
Speaker 3: Hegsyth has no qualifications zero to be.
Speaker 4: The Secretary of Defense. Tulci Gabbard.
Speaker 3: National security or national intelligence has outright said Putin's a good guy, has outright derided the quote.
Speaker 4: The intelligence community as being part of the deep state.
Speaker 3: And now she's going to be a head of all that not believing that they tell the truth and that Putin is not and Putin is the good guy.
Speaker 4: She may have some problems.
Speaker 3: And what's going to happen is this is going to be a test, a real test and I think I think President elect Trump is doing.
Speaker 4: This just to.
Speaker 3: Ask a show of loyalty. Let me see your hands, Republican senators who who will back me up no matter what, even if I put forth a totally unqualified person.
Speaker 4: And we'll see what. We'll see what Republicans do.
Speaker 3: I know, we know there's a fair number of Republican senators that would say yes to anybody, anybody. If Charles Manson were nominated by the President for some you know, some security.
Speaker 4: Post, they would say yes. Now we'll see.
Speaker 3: Are you're giving me the look? Amy, I'm not exaggerating, by the way. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Okay, maybe not Charles Manson. You know why Charles Manson wouldn't make it because he's dead, so I otherwise he'd be in I take that back, but it's very interesting. I do believe this is a test of loyalty.
Speaker 5: I believe that, Okay, the Menendez brothers could be tasting a little freedom soon or could they guess we'll find out. Eric and Lyle Menendez are going to be in court virtually today. They're still going to be in San Diego, but they'll virtually be in a Vani's courtroom, where Mark Garrigos will argue that they should be re sentenced under a voluntary manslaughter instead of the murder convictions that they're now serving life without parole, and if they are, if they do get re sentenced on that lesser charge, it would be fifty years to life, which would make them eligible for parole right now.
Speaker 3: Which they would get out instantly for a couple of reasons. First of all, they've both been model prisoners. Second of all, we look at molestation of boys in a very different way today than we did back then. The premise one of the prosecutors, for example, had originally said, when I think it was Lyle had argued that his father molested him, constantly said there's no such thing as male rape.
Speaker 4: It doesn't exist. And so the.
Speaker 3: Second trial, the first trial ended up in a hung jury. The second trial, none of that evidence of molestation was allowed in by the judge. Very different world today. I think they're getting out. And by the way, does anybody not believe that the men in his dad was a bad guy?
Speaker 2: What do you know why they didn't let that evidence in?
Speaker 3: Secondly, why yes, because you had a trial that went on for months and months.
Speaker 4: Is after all of that effort, it's.
Speaker 3: A hung jury. Hung juries judges do not like. They don't help the judges reputation. It's months and months of work that a judge does. Politically, it looks stupid as hell. And so the second time around, same judge made sure that it went much much quicker, that all of that evidence previously introduced was not going to be able to be introduced. The judge said, nope, none of that. It's just did you do it? Did you not do it? A little bit of testimony saying we did it in self defense because of molestation, but there was no corroborating evidence, which there was plenty of during the first trial, and so it was a virtual guarantee that the conviction was going to go forward. That's why it happened the way it did. I think they're going free.
Speaker 4: I really do. I don't have any doubts about that.
Speaker 5: Three hundred countries say, let's make a deal. Huddling in Azerbaijan, countries from around the world have reached an agreement on how rich countries can cough off the money to support poor countries who are most vulnerable to climate change. So it's The deal's not a perfect agreement, and a lot of people are not happy about it, but say some are saying they are hopeful the deal will be a step in the right direction. So the gist of it is US and other European countries will pump a lot of money, at least three hundred billion dollars a year by twenty thirty five into fighting climate change.
Speaker 3: And that's by helping the third world countries meet targets of energy without fossil fuels, anything they can do.
Speaker 4: To help climate change. Although I have a question.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's say Soudan, right South Sudan a country. How you know what kind of emissions do you get with power created by hamster wheels.
Speaker 4: It's just not a lot, all right, Let's move on.
Speaker 5: The NBA is telling its players to fortify their fortresses. So the NBA on Friday sent out a memo urging players to upgrade home security systems and consider getting guard dogs because of a rash of burglaries targeting professional athletes. Mike Conley of the Timberwolves Bobby Portois of the Bucks have both had their homes burg risd, along with Chiefs Stars Travis Kelce, Kelsey and Patrick Mahomes all had their homes broken into while they were away playing their sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm assuming these homes. Have you seen those pictures of those homes.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, these guys are fairly wealthy.
Speaker 3: As you can see, they all have alarm systems. Now they're saying that a lot of the alarm systems weren't activated. But these thieves are so sophisticated. They also have equipment that jams the internet and jams the signals from a large's alarm systems. And this is pretty sophisticated stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying it's organized gang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you would think and these guys have Super Bowl rings and they have a lot of bling that they keep around and a lot of really expensive stuff, you know, very high end purses that they give their wives. I mean in the thousands of dollars that are hanging around, you know, and you know you got a coach purse for four thousand dollars, I mean who puts those in safes?
Speaker 4: So they're really good targets, really good targets.
Speaker 3: So you're going to see a lot more sophisticated and I think you can rent dogs that eat people can't you aren't there services that provide dog rentals, security dog rentals? I think they do, except now your toddler make it eaten by mistake.
Speaker 4: But I'm assuming they have a way out of that.
Speaker 5: Speaking of targets, a rabbi in Dubai may have been targeted by terrorists. The Israeli rabbi in the United Arab Emirates had been missing since Thursday. He's now been found dead. Israeli officials say the rabbi by Coogan, had been murdered and called his death and act of terrorism. Senior officials and Murati authorities are saying that Emirates is a safe place, but didn't mention the rabbi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 3: And first of all, Kabad Lubavic movement is there is a Kabbad center any city in the world. I mean, I don't care where you go, there's a Kabbad center, But of all the places you would you would think you wouldn't want to go, as any kind of a rabbi would be in the United Arab Emirates or any Muslim country where ninety nine point nine to nine percent of the citizens or Muslim by the way, that's not to say that the Emirates aren't safe. I mean, this is not a country that backs up terrorism. They are a very good ally of the United States. But at the same time, that's I think you're taking your life in your hands.
Speaker 4: Clearly that's the case here.
Speaker 5: Well, someone's been buzzing by trying to get a closer look. Drones have been spotted flying over three bases used by the United States Air Force. The three bases are in Britain. They apparently were spotted between Wednesday and Saturday, flying over the Royal Air Forces Lakenheath, Mildenhall and Eltwell bases, which are all used by the US Air Force.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it reminds me of a balloon flying over the United States.
Speaker 4: Yes, remember that good thing to see here. Yep. Eight prices.
Speaker 2: This is no yoke. Egg prices are going up again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do that again.
Speaker 2: This is no yoke.
Speaker 4: No, I was doing that because it didn't work.
Speaker 5: Spike and avion flu and the holiday season are combining to make the problem of egg prices even worse. Thanksgiving dinner overall is about the same as it was last year, except for eggs. Eggs have spiked thirty percent just in October from the year before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing more to say. Okay, this is a good one.
Speaker 5: From congressman to attorney general nominee to cameo after announcing he would not return to Congress, Matt Gates appears to be trying out a new career option, creating personalized videos on Cameo. He joined the platform Friday, a day after withdrawing his name for him from consideration to serve as President elect Trump's Attorney general, of course, because of the sexual misconduct allegations.
Speaker 2: He said his nomination was a distraction.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it was on top of you've got some big issues now, as you pointed out congressman, and he resigned that seat as soon as he nominated. But I think he has some big issues. And anyway, as to the allegations of sexual misconduct, then the nominee, which fell apart instantly, and I was wondering, where do you.
Speaker 4: Go from here? This guy doesn't have a job, and I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: He's going to get a pretty good position in the Trump administration that does not need confirmation, that's my guess. But you can pay him five hundred and fifty dollars for a video. Hi, Hey, George, happy Birthday. I just want to let you know what a great you are. It's I almost want to spend five hundred and fifty dollars to have him do a cameo.
Speaker 4: You answering my phone? Hi, this is Matt Gates. You know what Bill is?
Speaker 3: We answering him? Matt Gates here and I'm answering the phone for Bill. He's not available right now. And then go into a whole diet tribe. Not worth for it five hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Not quite, But you.
Speaker 3: Know that's a step down. Do you know where I started my broadcast career, just real quickly. My first job, I was a box boys what they called him an Alpha Beta, which is a local supermarket, and I would announce that the roast chickens were on sale the last half hour the store was opened, and I'd get on the intercom and go attention to Alpha Betas Choppers, roast chickens are now available at half price. That was the beginning of my career. When I retire, I'm going to go back to that. See full circle.
Speaker 5: The lesson is don't mess with the boss's messaging. Russia has removed a your commander from his post for making what it says are false claims about the progress of the war in parts of eastern Ukraine. The colonel general was dismissed after providing misleading information about Russia's progress near the Severt settlement in the eastern region of Dunnetsk.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's according to bloggers. But apparently progress has been slower than they had hoped. And maybe he blogged about that.
Speaker 4: Russia Ukraine, What Ukraine. That's basically it. That didn't work, by the way, I tried. All right, let's continue.
Speaker 2: Hundreds have a whale of a tail to tell.
Speaker 4: Oh Amy, you're out of control.
Speaker 5: I know more than thirty pilot whales that stranded themselves on a beach in New Zealand have safely been returned to the ocean after a couple hundred conservation workers and residents used sheets to gently lift the whales up and then put them back in the water. And four of them died, but a number of them, a couple dozen of them made it, and they're they're back and swimming again.
Speaker 4: These are pilot whales.
Speaker 3: These aren't the big sperm whales or the gray whales that weigh forty tons. You've seen those black whales. Those are the pilot whales, kind of fun and they have that smile.
Speaker 4: No, those are the Belugas. Let's see twelve.
Speaker 5: This guy's been busted for dealing a drug that's far worse than fentanyl.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never heard of it, have you?
Speaker 5: No, it's a but it's called protona. Let's see, I said it earlier, Protona tazine. It's supposed to be three times more powerful than fentanyl. It has caused a deadly overdose, and the guy from Santa Clarita, twenty one years old, has been charged with distributing the drug that resulted in what the Department of Justice says could be the nation's first death resulting criminal case involving this particular narcotic Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think as Hawkland, our New DA says this should be murder, and that's absolutely true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy was apparently trying to get percocet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's lovely.
Speaker 2: You know how.
Speaker 5: Trump loves to say you're fired. Well, Senator Eric Schmidt from Missouri, obviously a Republican, suggested that one of President elect Trump's first orders of business when he gets into office should be to fire any staff at the Justice Department who worked on cases involving charges against Trump. He said, anybody part of this, this effort to keep President Trump off the ballot and throw him in jail for the rest of his life because they didn't like his politics and who continue to cast him as a quote unquote threat to democracy, was wrong.
Speaker 2: So we'll see where it all goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a couple things.
Speaker 3: Number One, he can fire anybody who's not protected by Sovie service. He wants to redo the civil service rules so he can fire more people, and that's within his purview. Now ordering the investigation, the FBI investigation of people who voted against him, that could be problematic. We'll see how far this goes. And he's right, we'll see how far this goes. Okay, we're done.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.