Speaker 1: Seven oh six here at bifty five krc DE talk station in a very very happy Wednesday to you. I am pleased as I always am to walcome to the Pitty five PRC Morning show running against gang landsman for House Representative Orlando Sanza, and I strongly encourage my listeners to go to Orlandosanza dot com help him out. He is a West Point graduate. He proudly served his country as an infantry officer and finance officer in the US Army Third Infantry Division. Specifically, he went on to get a master's degree in taxation from my alma mater, University of Cincinnati, and he got a law degree from Georgetown. He then went on to became a certified public accountant and to be practicing certified public accountant. He co founded a local financial planning firm focused on helping young families achieve financial security. He went on to become a Hamilton County Assistant prosecutor and from then they tapped in his expertise and things military and his unbelievable skills.
Speaker 2: He is now.
Speaker 1: Executive director of the Hamilton County Veteran Service Commission. He is running for Ohio representative for the state of Ohio, Orlando Sonza, welcome back to the morning show. It takes me forever to introduce you because you have such awesome credentials.
Speaker 2: Brian, it's always great to be on. I see that you've surprisingly left off the biggest accolade, right. I am married to my beautiful wife, Jessicaza. You always say that I.
Speaker 1: Was biting my tongue today I actually was saying, you know what, I'm gonna leave his wife out of the picture because I don't want you getting the wrong idea.
Speaker 2: You are out of your element. Brother.
Speaker 1: I think she is just an absolutely breathtakingly beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: But also I.
Speaker 1: Know I've met her, and I know she is a wonderful, wonderful mother to your four children.
Speaker 2: That's right. And she is the Cincinnati native, right and also honorably served our country by I always got to give accolades or acolades due, and that is to Jessica. But Brian, always great to be all.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a tribute to you, as I say it all the time. Smart men, Mary smart, and you went out you're at yacht kicked your coverage, which is another prop to you. Orlando's Sanza, so putting aside that and all kidding aside though. Yeah, obviously a family man, you understand the benefits of family, and I really just want to go back real quickly here to your time as a certified financial planner and helping young families a chief financial security. I know you mentioned that on your the website and you talk about how that gave you a lot of insight, and it's, as you point out, solidified your belief in public service being more than just government. It's about helping people make a positive impact on their lives. And what a great place to do that is, you know, helping people with their financial planning. So that's I know, that's a great learning experience you went through.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, look, that's that's just a lifelong passion of mine, is financial literacy and teaching others about financial independence, because I'm first and foremost a product of just that story. I mean, my parents, Orle and Susan immigrated here from the Philippines, barely had the financial literacy that they really needed to raise three kids in the East Coast, you know, just trying to make ends meet, and then how do you become financially independent without the tools really necessary to do that. And so the first thing that I did when Jess and I got married is plump my teeth in personal finance, knowing that it's really look, lack of financial literacy is the one of the leading causes of divorce in our country, and so I said, that's not going to be made. Jess said that's not going to be us, and so suck my teeth there and being able to now pass that along and help other families do that, become financially independent, become financially literate. Not only does it help the marriage, it helps the family, which then helps the community and then you you know, the domino effect from there, Brian and so, yeah, it was a great chapter of my life being able to utilize my skill set to just help families like my own.
Speaker 1: Well, how can I let that point go by the wayside without pointing out financial illiteracy is the leading cause of our countries thirty five trillion dollars and growing national debt. I mean, do people not have a basic economic under I mean elected officials have a basic economic understanding of this genuinely and truly existential threat that we face because of our massive, massive liabilities associated with that whole.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so apparent, right, I Mean, that's obvious completely to all American voters that you seem to have a large majority of those that are supposed to be our federal representatives in Washington, DC that can't even manage the country's finances, And it begs the question can they even manage their own? Well, guess what. Everything starts with the family. That's the nuclear unit, that's the foundational unit of our country and our society. And so I think you're absolutely right. I mean, if you start now changing a generation and growing a generation of families that are rooted first and foremost on principle and on values, but also too when it comes to the financial aspect, is just true financial literacy and understanding what it means to appropriately raise a family within your means right, not spending more than you make. The obvious consequence to that is then now you get your leaders, your local leaders, your state leaders, and then your federal leaders that are going to apply those very principles to the lawmaking that they're supposed to be doing. But that's completely absent right now, and we are going to change that. And that begins on November fifth.
Speaker 1: I sure hope so, because again this ultimately impacts everybody. If you're a big government person, you got like ten different programs you want, you can't have that because we've already had so many programs that costs so much money. We've dug ourselves in such an insurmountable hole that even the most vital programs are struggling for their very existence, like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, for example, three of the pillars of the social safety welfare safety net. Those are in jeopardy because of the runaway spending. Literally everything's in jeopardy, our defense spending, our ability to secure our borders. It's all predicated on having a sound fiscal platform and being able to discharge your obligations.
Speaker 2: That's right. And again you look at the policies that are being offered by Democrats right now in Congress. I mean, this is their fix to that problem set that you just describe, Bryan. Their solution to that problem is to raise the national debt ceiling and have zero cuts in spending. I mean, how mind blowing is that? How just completely backwards is that thought that, because we're spending ourselves into oblivion, your solution to the problem is to spend more and raise the debt. No, that's that's completely contrary to how I'm raising Our kids are four kids under nine in for example, as they now try to learn the concept of what saving means and what spending means, I am telling them you have to make sure that you don't spend more than you make and that you save for the very thing that you're looking to spend in the future. But that's not what the Democrats are offering. Offering instead is continue to spend, spend, spend, And you're exactly right. What that does is it actually puts us in a precarious position across every spectrum that's important in our country right now. National security, the economy, safety, and you name it. It all goes back to that principle that we're just going to spend, spend, spend.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously you're educating and training your children in your best capacity as a father. You obviously care about that, your wife cares about that. That is a critical component of the success of a nation. I've talked to law enforcement so many times, and you and your capacity as a Hamilton County prosecutor probably saw it firsthand. This erosion of the nuclear family, children out on the street with no parent, parental guidance, no values being taught. Obviously, we're going to end up with a societal problem. It just seems to be, you know, that seems to be the like the genesis of it, the lack of any concern, loving parents or a home life where the guidance and the support is provided. If that isn't there, you have lawless kids on the street doing whatever the hell they want and being influenced by social media because there's no counterbalance to that at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brian, what that really speaks to is I'm glad you brought that up, because that's really the core of why people are just so excited about the campaign that we're running, especially this year, right in a presidential year. American voters specifically here in southwest Ohio understand that, I mean, they are yearning for this country to go back to first and foremost common sense. Second is foundational core principles that we know are just true for any civilization that wants to survive. It's the importance of faith, it's the importance of family. It's the importance of the principle of hard work and dedication and supporting not just your family, but actually service to your community and to your state and country. I mean, people are yearning for that, and that's not what the mainstream media talks about. But you talk to voters and I've talked about countless of them just across southwest Ohio. That's what they're yearning for. And so what's really exciting about just a testament to our team and the broad support that we've gotten for this race, is to be able to share that story, is to be able to look at voters and say that I am with you. I want this country to go back to putting as its top priority those foundational principles of common sense, family, faith, hard work, public service. And ultimately that's how we're going to win this race is because the other side is proffering a completely backwards story and it's really a story of destruction. I mean, you follow their story and their narrative to its logical conclusion, it's not just the erosion of a country, it's an erosion of a civilization. But from our side, right, we're just trying to go back to common sense and come back to truth all that we've known for thousands of years. It's how to actually form and continue to establish a strong society and civilization. That's our story. That's what we're going to continue to push forward to November fifth.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna Pauseib'll bring Orlando Sons back again. ORLANDOSNSA dot com. Look right up there at the top, there's a donate button. You can help out the campaign, get a yard sign, maybe go door to door some way help Orlando defeat Greg Landsman, who does represent the left side of the Ledger on the these issues. More on that with Orlando, most notably, I want to ask them about the border and what Orlando Sonza might like in terms of some sort of reform on the border. Let's pause and bring them right back and let me mention Peter Sbria Colorwilliams seven Hills. Their real estate team is the best, the number one sales agents in the area, and they do great things. It's a five star experience, is the way I like to boil it down. You're gonna love working with them and you're gonna love what they can do for you. So you want to sell your house, but you don't want to have to go through the whole staging process. You don't want to have to upgrade or paint. Quite often sound advice says, paint this room or change this. In order to get the most out of your home for the sale, you got to do some upgrades or improvements. You don't want to do that. You don't want to get out of the house so the agent could come in and show it. You don't want to do, you know, put the dog away or you get it. How about out of the house and gone with the house sold in less than three weeks from today. You can do that with the instant off or program that Peter Shubre has. No showings, no staging, no open houses. You call them up and within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, you're gonna have a cash offer, meaning you can close in less than fourteen days there after, or so less than three weeks from today, you're gone. You're moving on with your life. And make it so easy. Just one of the programs. The Shabrik group at Keller Williams seven Hills off offers that nobody else is doing. So get in touch with them online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com and of course that's the phone number. Just stick up five to one three in front of it five one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 2: Thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Quick weather here sunny for the most part, possible severe storms after five pm ninety five the high heat IndX a one oh two seventy three overnight with showers of storms. Heat IndX on one oh seven on a high of ninety four tomorrow with a thunderstorm's likely after two pm.
Speaker 2: Got a chance of showers of storms.
Speaker 1: Over night, dropping to seventy three again, and then Friday a high of ninety with the chance of showers and storms kind of on and off all day seventy one. Right now, let's get a traffic update from.
Speaker 2: The UCL Trainphics Center.
Speaker 3: No matter the injury, you see howth Orthopedic Sands supports medicine where hedefines recovery to got you back to doing what you love. Call five one three, four seven, five eighty six ninety Southbound seventy five slows a bit through Lachland for a couple of extra min It's the ramp to Cooper now open again. The ramp from twelve Street Covington of southbound seventy five is currently blocked due to a wreck. Northbound four seventy one. You'll need a couple of extra minuts into town from Grand Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk.
Speaker 1: Station fifty five KRCD talk station, Right times with Orlando Sanza again online Orlandosanza dot com. Running an a race against Greg Landsman for Congress, obviously eminently qualified to do that, and we're talking about his well positioned on some of the issues clearly number one. Number two, it's always in the top three issues for every single America. And the porous situation on the border. If I'm treated so lightly, it is an open border, and even FBI Director Ray is warring about domestic terrorist actions threats to our country. These would be threats internal as opposed to external, but those internal threats often influenced by external What does Orlando Sanza want to see by way of border security?
Speaker 2: And refine? What are you in for?
Speaker 1: I know that ben's a couple of bills passed around, and of course Republicans and Democrats can't agree on anything. But in the ideal world, Orlando, where are we?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right? I mean, first and foremost, it's so important for everyone to understand that this is not just an issue, it is probably the most serious issue in our time right now is the open Southern border, because it impacts national security, because it impacts safety, because it impacts the economy, and it just continues. The Democrats have could continue to exacerbate the issue time and time again as each day passes. So it's not like, you know, it's just the talking point of Republicans and that's just being combated by talking points on the left. No, this is a real serious issue, and to your point, everyone knows it, from the top officials in our federal government. They know it. And the reason why that's important for Southwest Ohio is because the open Southern border has a direct link. So the problems that we see year on a daily basis in southwest Ohio, the fetanyl crisis, the fetanyl epidemic in southwest Ohio Greater Cincinnati has a direct correlation to the open Southern border, as those drug cartels have taken advantage of the open Southern border and has brought on that opioid trade right here in Greater Cincinnati. The other thing, too, right is now just putting my former assistant prosecutor had on in Hamilton County. Don't think that Ohio is not a border state. It is absolutely a border state with the fetanyl epidemic aside. The reason why it's it's a crisis here in Ohio is because you have the legal immigrants that have broken our laws or federal laws in the southern border and are breaking our laws here in Hamilton County. I mean I prosecuted illegal immigrants while I was a prosecutor, and just look at to our north in Butler County. I mean the heinous murder committed by an illegal immigrant that had been deported what seven to eight times? You know, So it's happening right here in southwest Ohio. It needs to stop. We need to stop the bleeding. How do we do that, Well, first and foremost, you actually have to close that border. I mean again, right, it's common sense. But yet you have my opponent who not once, not twice, but has taken three times the position that we are not going to secure the southern border. And he didn't even take the position that his fellow Democratic colleagues in Congress did take, and that was renounced Joe Biden's failed policies on the southern border. Greg Lamsman had multiple opportunities to do that and has never done that has never renounced Joe Biden's failed southern border policies. And so first and foremost it's to stand up and actually have leadership on this issue that says that this is a problem. We need to renounce the current administration's quote unquote policies that are not actually helping. Instead they're hurting, continuing to hurt Americans. But then, not only that, you have to actually not just with a physical security of the southern border and actually put up a physical barrier that will become a deterrent for other people to come in. But then you have to make sure that the resources are sent exactly where it's needed, and border patrol needs more than just what we're giving them now. We need to make sure that they have all of the assets and resources that they need to do their job, because that's ultimately what taxpayers are paying them for, is to do their job and secure the Southern border. The last thing I'll say, Brian is you know that is that Orlando Santa is going to be the first a proponent for fixing our immigration system. Because I'm a product of a legal immigration system. My parents came here from the Philippines, right, so someone can't say that Orlando is just against immigration. No, I'm fully for it. But the way not to do it is to just of our southern.
Speaker 1: Border open amen, underscore and very quickly. Because one of my pet peeves is the complicated reality the tax code. And I know one of the platforms you're running on is to simplify the tax code. It's just turned into this multi thousand page vehicle to manipulate us into doing maybe something we wouldn't otherwise do, or reward friends of folks in government through the tax code with grants and write offs and the like. Listen, I'm a fat tax, a fair tax. I'm a just take all the incentives out of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Tax.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you are, or Land.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put words.
Speaker 1: In your mouth. You don't have to join in my club. But what would you do to reform the tax code or simplify it? How do we get to that place?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, I wish we had an hour because you know, as I put my CPA had on right, I understand, the good tax policy leads a good social and economic policy. Brian. Here's the thing is that a lot of people need to understand and come to reality. All of the politicians know it. In twenty twenty five, tax will be probably the largest issue on the table for one hundred and nineteen Congress. Why because Donald Trump's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of twenty seventeen are set to sunset and expire if we don't do anything about it. And that comes to the tune of between four to six trillion dollars in debt and additional tax for the not debt, additional tax for the American family. So if we don't actually renew those tax cuts, then we're going to suddenly put a continuous burden of the American family. I understand the tax code. My opponent does not. In fact, he's already made the commitment that he's not going to renew those tax cuts. Let me tell you what that Tax Act did is that not only did it simplify the tax code, it again alleviated the burden of the American family. It helps small businesses thrive. If we don't renew those the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for twenty twenty five, we're going to see if crippling not just of the of the American economy, of the American family as well. I'm committed to renewing the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Day one in Congress.
Speaker 1: See another reason why I like you so much, Orlandosanza dot com. Please Dear God help him out in any way you possibly can. Your link will be up on my blog page Pit five Casee dot com and real Quick, No pressure, Orlando. One week from today, we're going to be at Jim and Jackson the River for the listener lunch. I know, like Jim Neil said, he's going to be there. I'm hoping the lists of powers will show up. Christopher Smithman is going to be there. An opportunity to meet the listeners if you can make it. I know you've been to other listener lunches. I'm just throwing it out there to the extent you can put it on your schedule. If not, I understand we'll see each other at some other time down the road.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. Absolutely what it makes it, Brian, Thank you fantastic.
Speaker 1: Next Wednesday, Jim and Jackson get to meet Orlando in person and find out what a terrific guy he is face to face. Orlando, keep going a great job, and I wish all the luck in the world on the campaign coming up on seven thirty at seven twenty nine. Right now, if you have krs DE talk station, you call. We got plenty of time to talk. If you want to, feel free to call me if I would three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk. Another recommendation, take care of safety right now with the Chimney Care fireplace in stove. The hot winter or summer months are the ultimate time to deal with the safety issues. That way, you can hit the ground running. In the fall, it will get cold again. You're gonna want to put a fire in the fireplace. Whether you got a wood burner, gas. I have a gas one myself and I got the gas insert from the Chimney Care Fireplace and stove. Absolutely love it. The old one was a fire hazard. See that's what the safety inspection calls for. You take a look at the whole system. Is inventing properly? Do you have a potential burning down your house issue?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: That's why the old builder special is out and the new one. I got a new relined chimney and I got the new insert. It works great, remote control, it's first world, it's awesome. There's a multitude of different direction you can go with inserts. You can even get a wood waste pellet insert for your fireplace. Those things are really, really, really great at producing heat and they're inexpensive to operate. Just another avenue you can go down or get that free standing stove installed that you've been thinking about. They do it all. Chimney cap replacement, cap and damper replacement, relining, Chimney's waterproofing, the whole nine yard. You're well taken care of. A plus with the better business. Burea has been locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Get them to clean your dryer vent out when they're there five one three two four eight ninety six hundred Online Chimneycareco.
Speaker 2: Dot Com fifty five KRC. In this Week's Marketer