Speaker 1: Welcome Just Hindaway tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagaloge.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape.
Speaker 3: And now here's your message. You were listening to a message from Victory. We hope it inspires you to honor God and make disciples in your humanity.
Speaker 2: First four weeks we were talked about God's glory, God's goodness, God's generosity, and God's graciousness. This week, this week, yes, today we're gonna be talking about God's greatness. That he is a great God is found in the Psalm. Actually, this is the last Psalm that David wrote. This is the very last Psalm that he wrote personally, Okay, And and when when you look through it, when you read through it, Makitano is actually a summary of all of those in Verse five talked about the glory of God, Verse nine talks about God's goodness in uh verses ten to thirteen talks about God's generosity, and in verse eight talks about a gracious God. Now we're going to be talking about a great God, who is great, who is mighty, I remember growing up when when when when you told me about Puck great Bang great. There's four of us actually siblings in the in the family, and growing up, it's always who's the who's the favorite, who's the best? Okay, who's the best that can you know that can write? Or who's the best server for mom and dad? Okay? You plucking best? Okay, who's the least who's the most least favorite? At least favorite it most? You get that again, Papa Li Sahan, And that actually maybe that's the nature of our hearts. It's it's trying to outdo each other. And whenever you say about trying to do each other, I always remember, I don't know if you've did you've done this before. And Chinky, Chinky chinks remember that, especially in our staff meetings before when I will tell a story, Chinky would come up and say, Larry smuggling trying to compete, trying to committe who's the greatest, who is the greatest amongst example, n B A, who follows n B A? Come on, who follows n B A. Who's the greatest NBA player of all time? Jorge Dans Curry, Steph Curry, Alan Jerry West. Do you know who Jerry West is? Jerry West is absolutely the logo of NBA. Do you know that that's that? That's a trivia for If you ask me, I'm the Magic Johnson era. If you ask Pastor Dennis, he's the Larry Bird era. Pastor Dennis par Larry Bird in porma guyan Nilarry Bird. Okay, so so it's different local we talk about who's the best BBA team is it's Chrispasa, Chrispi, Chris chrispa Chris Pata do in nebra. Never say die, Never say die. They're already dead, but never say die. Who who's the greatest, what's the greatest era? What's the greatest genre for music? What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What? What's the greatest genre? Okay, who's better? Who's who's greater? Uh? Superman or Batman? Huh Batman? Very bad man. Okay, look, I love wearing this shirt. It's the only shirt that the belt can actually fits me. No pictures, Attorney Danny Patron, do not post the picture or we're in the miss universe. Uh fever right now? Okay, we we already had three Miss universe. Who's great? Who's the greatest? Is it uh Gloria Dias nineteen sixty nine. Is it Margin Muran nineteen seventy three, or or is it quein Pia the recent uh miss universe. I remember when my my siblings and I would try to outdo each other. We would exclaim from the top of our boys and with passion, and not only that my mad gesture, but my guest, no, you're you're, you're, you know, you're you're. I'm infinitely greater. Okay, I'm gazillion times we we invent words like gazillion times better. Okay, MA, let me I know I'm greater. Gonna buy your loser, I'm greater. But really, can anyone or anything compare? Compare, okay, compare to the greatness of who God is? Can anyone, no one, no nothing, love this picture? About this water? Well? We can actually put can Can we actually put an entire ocean in a bucket? Can you do that? A bucket can never contain the water of the ocean. It can It can only contain a part of it, a small point zero zero zero zero zero zero percent part of it, but not it's it's totality. In the same way, the greatest of God is too great for a band to comprehend. It's too great. It's something that unfathomable in the spelling. The other day I went to a mind museum, and whenever I go to mind visum this actually my third or fourth time. It's it's mind buggling. How God could create all of this? Remember all of this God created. If it's up to me to create a human being, that going call a stick people stick lang. The complexity of a human the d n A. It's each person comes, everything comes from from an atom. Okay, he de said, You're like, yeah, okay, atom yan atom, cell? How How?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: How? How God can be so intricate and no one is the same, no person is the same. Ryan. It's that's how great he is. His mind is so infinite that compared to ours where we're paral. Remember how David says it in verse three. Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. It's unsearchable. Unsearchable means here it means. It doesn't mean you cannot find it. You cannot find God. But because of his greatness, because how how great he is, you can't even think they our finite mind cannot comepprehend how great he is. Unsearchable doesn't mean that that he's nowhere, but unsearchable because he's everywhere. He's every his omnipresent. Everywhere you go, he's there. Even though you try to hide, he can see you. He's there with you. Not only his omni omnipresent, his omnission. He knows everything. Whereas us we try to know God, we cannot comprehend. We try to know and and do something about certain situations. We we we cause problems, we can't even solve problems. But then if you look at him, the simplicity in his mind, and that only had to do is to trust him. Why because he's omniscient, he knows it, He has a peace, will is perfect and pleasing for you and I. All we have to do is just obey and passing that Glorian presence and just enjoy his very presence in our life. And one character is I love about our great God. His is his omnipotent. He's all powerful. That means I'm sorry. That means whatever situation is where you are right now, Yes you're weak, that's good. When you're weak. God is strong, He's therefore he will never leave you nor forsaken. Powerful that if you put our full faith in him, you will not be shaken. He is our strong power. He's our anchor if there's an earthquake, if there's a tsunami, anything that comes your way. Because we have a powerful God, powerful great God, you will not be shaken. Yo. That is why David wrote that we are to praise him every day, not only every day, but forever and ever. Forever and ever means every last thing. Forever and ever means until the day you die and you're with him. The Bible said that when we are in heaven, it's twenty four to seven praise, twenty four seven praising. Why because you're in his very presence. Verse one too said I will stall you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever, through eternity, everlasting. On a highlight extoll ext all means here magnify. Pastor didn't comprehend. He's everywhere, He's so vast, he's so huge. Why do we need to magnify him? Magnify here is means is your life magnifying? How great God is totally different. Magnify here means magnify His greatness through your life, through our lives as a church, as we're living, as we're living as a church. Are we magnifying His greatness or we're magnifying just sometimes great? Sometimes not so great means that so not so great. Close community, Lord d continual praise and ending, everlasting, made to magnify our life. Sometimes you know, you know what happened, because sometimes we magnify our situation, whether it be problems, whether it be challenges, whether it be trials. Sometimes it can come in the form of sickness, sometimes when you feel like you're in lack, and then your focus is on you rather on God. What happens we fail to magnify God. What happens is that when we magnify our circumstances, God becomes smaller, smaller and lucky. And to magnify your situation that in choose to focus on God, not on our circumstances. Magnify the Lord in our lives every day, praise him every day that he is big, that he is great, and then our problems won't and should not come in that way, not in a way. Can we do that right now? I mean, who, what is is being magnified now in your life? I don't know what situation you're in, but is it the Lord being magnified? Not just not just your life inside the church, but the life that you're living twenty four seven when you're out there, if you're if you're in the business place, what what do you what do people see in you? Do you just do it? Do you have like a split personality? I'm good inside the church, but I'm outside. I can't even magnify. I can't even smile. I remember there was a story that the person that I used to meet before, every time he every Wednesday, he would come and meet me and he would say, you know, I need to be recharged. Why you know when when whenever it's like the middle of the week, I feel weak. There's so many things in the office, in the house, so I need to recharge. And I told him, you know what, I'm not a charger. I am not a charger. Victory Group is not a charger. When you come to me and pray, when you read your Bible, it's not a charger. You have to be charged. You're already complete, You're already charged by the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit is already in you. You're already more than conquered. Whatever you face, you're ready to face it. There's no highs and lows. If the presence of God is thick in your life, He's there in your life. I remember David, how David wrote this, and we highlight David all his victories, how he's a great warriors, the wars that he won, the enemies that he defeated, and then the possession he's a king, he's a rich man, all the wealth. And then we love about him is his heart, his heart for God, because he's a man after God's own heart. But you know, we miss a big part of who David is. He faced trials in his life, okay, and I say trials is kind of exaggerated. Trials in his life, Okay. He was ignored by his father. David was actually bullied by his brothers, not known by the king who he served. He served the king, King Saul. Whenever King Saul has the monic oppression, he would call on David, and David had to go there with the heart and try to suit him down. But then Saul never recognized him. He was falsely accused. He was rebuked by his brother. When he wins war for Saul, Saul gets jealous. Can you imagine that you're a soldier going to war, winning wars for the king. When you go back the king would like to kill you. That's that's David. He had a father in law who wanted him dead. He got insulted, got oppressed. He was hunted half of his life. Most of the Psalm he actually wrote inside a cave because he was being hunted. He was followed by rejects, even the recher. The rejects wanted to stone him. Can you imagine that his best friend died, his son died, his daughter got raped by his son, his son kills another son. Yeah, his son led a rebellion against him. Did they want to go on? Ahbaba? That was actually the life that David lived. God is the life that he lived. And yet he said continually praise God, praise his name. Maybe there were times that were magnified, were attracted to the riches of David, the king who made it as a young k he faced all of those, and yet the lesson that we need to point out and learn from is David praise the Great God continually in all of this God still called him a man after God's own heart. Somehow he knew how to strengthen himself in the Lord. I do believe that that the secret lies in these four words that he wrote, my God and King. He knew his position, he knew I am sure God. Not only I am serving God, but this God and King I have a personal relationship with my dear is very important. You can actually call God God and King King. But if you don't know, if you don't call him my God, my.
Speaker 1: King, my abb a father, my Lord, my savior, my strength, my strong power, you have to draw near to God, drawn near to him.
Speaker 2: This God doesn't just sit high end mighty and just stay there. No, he invites us, in his very presence to a relationship. Let's just put an example. Maybe I don't know if you voted or you didn't vote for the thirty as our president, but he is our president, right. But does he know you? No, he knows you as a person count in the census. That's it. But this God, this God who came on earth as Jesus, who saved us, gave us away for us to be closer again to Heaven. Enjoy the riches here and gives us hope. It's very personal. He's very personal, and he you know why, he takes delight in it. And Jeremiah twenty three says, am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a god far away. Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? Declares the Lord? Do I not feel heaven and earth? Declares the Lord. He's there with us, his present. That's why when we say his presence, that means he is here. He's always there for us. There are times that we may not feel God, or we feel like we're we're far from God sometimes, especially when temptations comes our way, When when sins come away, we say, Lord God, you're you're you're far. No, No, He is always there. It's us who tried to hide. It's us who when we have feared, doubt and worry. It's us who put lies in our heads and try to hide. We make our own caves and try to hide. It's as if that He doesn't seize us. But he knows what you're doing, and he cares for you. And I wants to draw here. You can't explain the greatness of God, but you can experience it because he is near. Amen. Amen, we might not be able to even you talk to the theologians of all theologians, read all the commentaries, the study Bible, go through all the classes. We might not reach even certain percent of his greatness, but then we can experience it. We can enjoy it. You know why, because he's personal. He's with you and I. My prayer is that that's how we're going to push you out. Because you know that He's greatness in us abounds, the grace abounds, his love for us, it abounds. That's why we want to reach out to as many as we like. How to praise God. One way to praise God is sharing that experience. It doesn't just stop with us. It has to be shared. When we experience is greatness, we are compelled to share His greatness. Endless praise even transcenced generation. We teach them and and David wrote this in in five different verses. In first and verse four it said one generation shall command your work to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. As this verse said, we are to share it to the next generation. This is important. How many here are your parents? Raise your hands? Parents, that's talk about grandparents. That's not how my my parents are there in the back. So grandparents, we want you to experience and share the greatness of God to the next generation. We don't just teach them, but we have to show them. And there are times that we have to take them alone. It's okay, it's okay. Sometimes it can be messy. But you know what I, as I said earlier, I praise God to be part of a movement that let the next generation lead with us. Dave is not under me or under Dennis. No, they're leading with us. Cat Napolitando when she was the one who did exportation a while ago. She's a peer, she's not. I'm not a superior. No, No, we're leading with them. His here is actually our campus missionaries. Uh, Dave, pastor Dave, the one who's leading our every nation campus Great Green Hills is on your left, and the one on the right is his lovely wife Get and their cute son Jedi. And this is the team Nikki, Cat, Gabby, Adrian and Chell do pray for them. They actually are not paid by the church. We support them, but they get their support from from from people on their own. Sometimes it's messy. Sometimes we have healthy discussion because of the different ages. Generation got okay, may I say, but then it's a joy serving with them. And David said, all your work shall give thanks to you, O Lord, and all your saints shall bless you. They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom, and tell of your power to make known to the children of men your mighty deeds, and the glorious splendor of your kingdom, your kingdom and everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endoors throughout all generations, all generations. It's messy sometimes when we lead these kids, you just want to give them the theology at all. It's a book, go through it, chapter one, chapter two, and then just do it. No, it's different how we do it. It's different that after identifying them, we make sure that we instruct them. Not only do we give instruction, but we impart on them on their lives. That's kind of messy. Like here, there times I have interns here in front Cannina, interns with Tatlau, my young people there are they get bored in the middle of my preaching and just go out. But it's okay. It's it's messy. Oay. Maxine right now is pretending that she's actually listening to me. If I ask her, Nator, she's gone. But it's okay, it's okay, on on on on my on my right side, I can see Destiny and Kayla uh smiling once in a while, especially with my wrong grammar. But it's okay. It's messy. But there's joy in in not just leaving the theology that theology to them, but actually showing them, showing them and serving with them. That is what David showing us here. Paul said, You, then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me, in the presence of many witnesses, and trust to faithful men who will be able to teach others. Also there's a joy in in in leading with them. I remember I have a story about my two sons. The one on your right is my seventeen year old turning seventheen this year's son, Jello, and the one in the middle beside me is my fourteen turning fifteen year old son Monthy. Both of them are serving in ministry right now. Jello is in the music team five o'clock or soon to be five thirty and seven pm. Here Anandaemon transitional five thirty to seven pm. Okay, he's serving the music team and Monty is in the tech. We never we never told them, you know what, we are leaders in our church and I want you as my son, as my kids to be part of ministry. Why don't you do this find the ministry. No, we were actually me and my wife, we were so surprised when Jello came three or four years ago when he said, you know that I auditioned in the music team. Yeah, good job in kids church. No, in the adult service. Adult service. I even had to personally okay, uh, this is I know, this is I'm confessing right now. I had to go to our musical director, Charles. I mean, wow, praise God. Up until now, we're still wondering. We were still wondering. We didn't know. And Monty serves in in in the tech and all we told them. All we taught them is to love God, love his people, and that's it. Honor God and make disciples. That that's all we taught them. But then there's a different manifestation. It It comes out when you when your love, when your love time is filled by God to the brim. All you have to do is to continually praise, and it can be different, different way of manifestation. Some can do it in service. And then we need to do that. Parents, grandparents, if you're educators in this in this room, we need to do that. We need to show it. David showed that David when he David was so excited to build God's temple. Okay, the moment he became king, it was already on top of his list. I'm gonna be I'm gonna build God a temple, but somewhere first Chronicles, middle of first Chronicles. And on eighteen nineteen or twenty, God said, you know what, No, you've done a lot, and he did so many mess I want Solomon to build my temple. He didn't write, He didn't say what I killed all of this. I put my neck on the line. I put my life on the line, and then you're gonna take this away from me. No, he didn't say anything. As soon as he got that marching order, he said, Okay, I'm gonna prepare the next generation. God told David this, for his name shall be Solomon and will give peace and quiet to Israel. In these days he shall build a house for my name. He shall be my son, and I will be his father, and I will establish his royal in Israel forever, for the for this generation, for our generation, it's important for us to ready the next generation. God's greatness is measurable, and he is worthy of our endless praise. He's worthy of our endless praise. Do not just look at your at your life and said, how can I praise God in my in this moment? He is a great God. There are times that when you approach us as pastors, you're you're want you wanted an answer, You're wanting an answer. But then there are times that we would just say God is in control. You know why he not only do we don't know what's going on, But then the truth is God is in control. He is always in control. When we say his sovereign, his sovereigning not just over the land, but even especially over your life, his sovereign moment right now, we might not see it, but he's weaving something great and all we have to enjoy is his presence and see and in marvel in his greatness. I want to and with this thought straight from David, straight from the Psalmist. Often our question is how do we praise God? Or our question is should I or should I praise God? I do believe that's not the right way to ask questions. I do believe that this is the question. The question is it's because God is so great? What are the ways? What are the characteristics? What are the part of God's greatness that I will praise that I will magnify. Doesn't talk about your situation, No talks about who God is. Lord. I am sick right now, I am feeling hurt right now, But Lord, I will magnify your name. Lord. I am in luck right now. But Lord, I believe that you give us the bless us our hands. You give us the ability to produce well. And I will magnify as I give, as I serve. That should be the question as we experience it in our very lives. David wrote this as his ending. The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and kind in all his works. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him. In truth, he fulfills the desires of those who fear him. He also hears their cries and saves them. The Lord perseveres preserves all who love him. But all the wicked he will destroy. My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, and let all flesh bless His Holy name forever and ever, forever and ever. So I told you earlier last week we're doing our volunteer weekend. What a great way to praise God with showing our love by being involved in the church that He has put you. My prayer is that you can't. You came today because on the top of your mind and you know the in your very heart, you want to praise it. You want people to see you have you want to take pride that you are. This is your home, this is this is this is where you're growing. And part of growing is being involved in what God is doing. Yes, we have a part of them. Yes we prayed with Stratman. But at the end of the day, apart from Jesus, apart from God, all of this is nothing. We can't grow. I remember in Matthew eighteen when it said at the time, do you feel like Canada, who's the greatest? I do believe. Okay, maybe there are theologians here, don't shoot me down first, but I do believe this is the This is where where we started. Okay, it started from the apostles. Okay, there was a time when when the apostles were not mindful of Jesus. But Jesus was around the area. But they but they started deliberating themselves in the best Jesus, it's me the best. And then they were arguing amongst themselves who's the greatest. At the time, the disciples came to Jesus saying, who's the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. But in de deitosamapan Kingdom of Heaven, in it's me, is it? But then they involved the Kingdom of Heaven and calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, and Jesus said, truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of God, the Kingdom of Heaven. This is Jesus, Apostle pa enter the kingdom. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever humbles himself, whoever serve selflessly, whoever does not exalt his own name, or push his own name, or push his own face, will actually inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. In twenty three, verse eleven to twelve. He said, the greatest among you must be a what one more time, must be a what, must be a servant. But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. But if you want to follow service, if you don't know to be a selfless servant, it's Jesus. Jesus. He chose to come here on earth to obey God. He chose to come here on earth to serve us. Chose to come here on earth to save us. Chose to come here on earth. Now, let our lives be magnified through his work and what he is doing, and what he can do through us. The gospel of Jesus Christ, when he said he lived a life we should have lived, and died the death we should have died. He is our example of a servant. He is our greatest example of why we need to serve, why we're serving. Greatness is not attained by serving, Greatness is actually lived out through serving. We see that in Jesus, and my prayer is that we can see it in everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory centers, please visit victory dot org, dot pH, Slash Resources, Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: We hope that you enjoy today's episode.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all,