Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another episode of Jeff's Bizarre Adventure. We know it's been a minute. We know some of you out there get a little anxious. We don't post for a while, but really, all we're doing is dragon ball Z storing our power so we can just release it all in one incredible episode. And I don't want to hype us up too much here, but I'm going to say that this episode you are listening to right here maybe the greatest episode of Jeff Jeffs of all time. And to start that off, we have Jeff backlar with an absolutely killer opening section.
Speaker 2: Take it away, Jeff, you could not be more right, mister ipatch Wolf. Let me tell you something. I brought my knife to the podcast today and I am very excited because I'm gonna stab somebody by the time this episode's over. If you're not agreeing with me on where we're going here with these two episodes, these delightful two episodes, these episodes that literally knocked my socks off, and I don't know where they went. Okay, that's what we're talking about. Thank you, John. I cannot wait to reciprocate the energy that you've brought to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, This is absolutely an energy that will be sustainable the entire podcast, especially from one to more.
Speaker 3: Hussein, I have mango flavored hand a sanitizer, which is very very cool, Tam No, It's just it goes on my hand and it smells like mango.
Speaker 2: It's very nice. Send send it.
Speaker 3: Who fucking cares? Man, Well, don't eat it.
Speaker 2: That's what we're saying. Don't need it, please, I will eat it.
Speaker 3: I will eat it right now.
Speaker 4: This is the new Tide Pods.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: It went in my mouth a little bit, and tell you.
Speaker 1: I like it. Tim, You are understanding yourself. You devey that entire thing. And that's the kind of madness you can expect from this new era of Jeff Jeff from our adventure head it up by our Galactic Champion. It's Lucy James Galactic Champion.
Speaker 4: Thank you for using my correct title. I don't know. I'm I don't know if I can fucking sustain it. Boys, I'm too British.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I am ready to go to bed. I mean it's for you, you know, I'm spent now.
Speaker 2: And oh good night, guys, yeah, good night.
Speaker 1: But anyway, is it cool to Jeff? Is it cool to do like a four minute episode or is that generally fair enough.
Speaker 2: If we could just say one word about each episode and then I think we've done our work here.
Speaker 1: So how's it going. It's it's been a little bit. There's been traveling, there's been there's been all kinds of work stuff. I missed you, guys, missed.
Speaker 2: You like wise likewise, I uh, and I missed JoJo's. I really did, because it took me a minute to kind of like ground myself and be like, where.
Speaker 3: Are we again?
Speaker 2: What's happening again?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: The alien?
Speaker 4: Okay, Jeff for you specifically? Yes, no, not yesterday, day before yesterday? What day is it today? Friday, Wednesday? This week? Guess who I was talking to.
Speaker 2: There's no way for me to know.
Speaker 4: Well, you're the voice actor for your favorite Jojo Joe Touro.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you were.
Speaker 4: But it was the English dub, which I've never watched. I'm sorry, but it was Matt message.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're a liar.
Speaker 4: It was it was it was still he could still do it. You can still do that, you know all that ship that you love about him.
Speaker 2: Wait in the dub, does he just go like good grief? How do we do it.
Speaker 1: Instead of I don't know. I have still, but it's been a while.
Speaker 2: Because he's just like, oh you guys, good Gray Jeff.
Speaker 1: That's the weird part. That's his exact Voice's so weird. Do you remember the fight with Kira when he was like, nice, watch, I'm gonna break it your face.
Speaker 3: That is sounds like Shaggy from Scooby.
Speaker 2: We're real, we didn't.
Speaker 4: Starting them, we didn't get our money from the Speedwagon Foundation, and now the school is gonna close.
Speaker 2: We need to do some kind of Kochi's Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We all agree, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: That's the weirdest part, especially when he's like Rames wrangleoldist.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's part of the reason why recording has been so late, because I was doing that. So I'm sorry, but it was. They had a nice Jo Joe connection.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Did you tell him about me? Did you talk about me?
Speaker 1: Dear? What did you tell him about us? Lucy?
Speaker 2: Just like you obviously mentioned the podcast, like.
Speaker 1: It's just just as like a ragtag crew and all the misadventures were always getting up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh no, I'm sorry, we didn't that we talked about video games.
Speaker 2: Actually not once, not even I was like, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got some I got some friends who would be would be chill, you know.
Speaker 2: Well maybe not for long, but oh no, this changes a few things about the course of the episode.
Speaker 1: I want to say, where do you feel like the tone has kind of Yeah, yeah, that was that. I put a lot of work into kind of making it, you know, energetic there at the start.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, but it's okay because we watched two of the best episodes I think of this season, and I really enjoyed them. I would this morning we tied and Bushy Tailed, because I'm still a bit jet lagged, so I'm waking up.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I am slightly and shocked hearing that.
Speaker 6: Really you didn't like I like, she thinks it's the best too, No, I said, or that she was bushy tailed, bright eyed and bushy yeah.
Speaker 2: Which one John.
Speaker 1: More so that these would be two of the best episodes.
Speaker 4: In two of the most enjoyable episodes of me because it was a good balance of like the stand ship and then the creepy Ship.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm gonna say, I like, there's parts of the first one I like, and we'll get into it. But the entire nearly the entirety of the terror, that the the the big electric it just does nothing for me.
Speaker 2: This Oh really wow.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that every single time they come against the stand user, they somehow befriend them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. That also, So, Jeff, you mentioned last PEC podcast, how like there's kind of.
Speaker 5: Like JoJo's Yeah, do you remember I was on it, Like we talked yesterday, John, Oh, that's gone for me now.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jeff, that was so weird. We did not talk. Jeff, I have a set amount of errors. I am paid to talk to you, and we do not.
Speaker 2: You got me there, I legit cracked up because I was you had such conviction. Uh, you're right, I'm wrong. Once again. I'm surprised you are not a tower boy.
Speaker 1: No, like, Okay, I think it. Well, okay, I I I another dagger to the heart, Tim, Do you agree with this? So Jeff made a point last night, but how occasionally Iraqi's writing could get a little children in the playgroundy where it's like, well, well, my stand does this, and I can do. I feel like the Terror episode is twenty minutes of that. Oh yeah, I think he has a knife in his hand and he wears a mask, and it's just.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty I think it's pretty crazy that this dude that they're encountering on the tower is like the whole thing is like he's hard to catch and keeps trying to get away, and Oko Yosu has a ability which allows him to remove the distance between himself and another person, thus me making it so that he could literally use his stand to grab that dude in an instant, and he just does not do it, like oh what, He's just standing there the entire time, like what are you doing? You moron?
Speaker 2: Well, we can't have this selective scrutiny. I mean, I think you know you're you're not wrong, Tam, and we all agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it just needs to do better generally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's well, he's just a stupid bitch, you know, like that comes down Yeah dumb you guys, is it not clear?
Speaker 3: I did not say that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I look, I think we all have gifts in different departments. I think sometimes I like Oka Yasu feel like a bit of a dumb dumb and so, you know, Jeff, I take issue with your characterization of my of my soul brother here.
Speaker 2: Oh that you're doing yourself a disservice. There, you're you know, you're you're more a well I don't have the answer. No, you're a Rohan for sure. That's your soul brother.
Speaker 1: I think you've ever said to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's just you guys like you could cosplay as I think in a very effortless way.
Speaker 4: Who would mind be? Would mind be the crazy girl with the hair?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't even have to finish this finish.
Speaker 2: You didn't even you don't even have to cosplay. You don't have that much as to leave the house. You know you're doing it.
Speaker 1: I think Rohan shows a lot of midriff and I don't know, I don't know I could pull that off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you've got the suspenders for the job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've all seen him, that's true.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it doesn't start off in the tower, but it starts off with is our boy Yeshiro, who is Kiro's father, and just for anyone who is maybe coming into this episode having never listened to an episode before, a haunted photograph who flies through the sky and shoots a magical Egyptian arrow with people that turns them into superpowered. Well not that it gives them ghost friends. It gives them ghost friends, and that's that's that's kind of what's happening here. Yeah, that he is seeking his son Kira, who is a serial killer who wants to kill people so badly that his nails grow fast.
Speaker 4: And sorry, you see when you when you say it like that sounds I mean you just you spell it out like that, it sounds really dumb. But there's actually a lot of there's a lot of layers to it.
Speaker 1: And there is a lot.
Speaker 4: Of a lot of societal norms that have been challenged that I just don't think we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something we can get into. Okay, okay, my kids off from school today, all right, this morning, I'm watching the first episode and it comes into the office and he gets a glimpse of this polaroid person and it's just like, Dad, what are you watching? Right like verbatim in that cadence the whole thing, And I was just like.
Speaker 4: Sorry, why are you making dib like some theater kid? Dad, what are you watching?
Speaker 1: Because he's dramatic, he espically breaking into song Lucy just.
Speaker 3: He is the opening line on the sunny Light commercial.
Speaker 7: Yeah, basically that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 2: So Dad, what do you want? Like could not believe it was in disgust by like what he was seeing, And I'm like, what you've never seen someone's like ghost, Dad, live inside of a perforated polaroid holding a magic ghost creating narrow before what's wrong with you? Kid?
Speaker 4: Hey, that's not on him, that's on that's on parenting.
Speaker 2: That's that's on society's that's on the American school system is what it's on. So but like you're you describing it in the way you did, and combined with his just like bat shit insane reaction to like what I was looking at, Like, Yeah, this show is incredibly weird.
Speaker 3: Is he incredible? Is he controlling the flight? Does he have complete control of where he flies? Or is he great question? I was under the impression he was using wind.
Speaker 2: He seems he seems incredibly in control.
Speaker 1: I imagine he has as much control over it as an expert kitesman might have over their kite.
Speaker 2: That yeah, is it a kitesman?
Speaker 1: I have noight. I do hope because I do host another podcast with someone who loves kites, so I should know this but I don't.
Speaker 3: He is he ninety years old?
Speaker 2: He is nice, Yeah, ninety.
Speaker 1: We don't think that the Podwick Cut podcast has a lot of runway left. Oh yeah, it's going to be very sad anyway, not unlike this podcast, which is pure joy. So you share a funds of sun and he basically is able to spot Kira because he can see Kira's murder nails.
Speaker 2: Growing in a crowd of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so badly. And basically what he has now done is created, as far as we know, three brand new stand users to keep Joe ske and those meddlesome meddlesome heroes busy.
Speaker 4: We're basically just saying that Jojo is JoJo's is Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: Now he's across between Looney Tunes and Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: I think no, just like even the whole the whole thing, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I mean like I feel, I feel like you. Shiro is like one line away from saying, if it wasn't for those meddlesome kids, my son could kill as indiscriminately as he wants.
Speaker 4: Even today, we did kind of get like a mask reveal. You know, I was just gonna say, just Scooby doo anyway, so those nails.
Speaker 1: Grow it's him.
Speaker 2: It was just so insane because he was like, I know those nails anywhere. There's a father son connection that can't be broken. There. He is my flesh and blood.
Speaker 1: Have you ever said that of it too?
Speaker 2: No? I have no connection to him whatsoever.
Speaker 4: Long of Dibb's nails right now.
Speaker 2: We just cut them. How badly does he want to murder people? We'll find out when they start growing back again. But right now I've seen pretty can hear that? Yeah, that's just Is that a ghost? What's happening?
Speaker 1: But it's just some terrifying ghost echo.
Speaker 2: Is that you, Lucy? I think it's you, Lucy? It was like, whoa.
Speaker 4: Wow, all right, it's probably outside of I was gonna say the bus outside of Thames.
Speaker 3: It might be a bus whatever.
Speaker 2: This episode haunted whatever.
Speaker 4: It's only if only we had some meddling kids to solve the mask off.
Speaker 1: We get a little shot at Kuechie and he appears to being stopped. Appears to be being stalked by some white haired mystery person.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: We also see a strange man hovering in outside Roman's house and Rohan notices that Hayato is filming what seems to be an ordinary office worker. He's like, who's that fucking kid over there filming that guy?
Speaker 2: We've got a little camcorder. What's going on over there?
Speaker 4: I don't like that little kid with the cam creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We get a scene of Joe Ski and Okaya Suit walking along, I guess walking on their way to school when they find a pair of binoculars. Who am, surprise, surprise, turns out to be our alien friend.
Speaker 4: You know you know what? I completely forgot about the alien friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you thought that was going to be a one episode.
Speaker 4: No, well, hang on, I'm still waiting for the for the answer about the man who appeared in the middle of the night all those years ago with the same haircut as Oh, yeah, yeah, we haven't. We haven't revisited that, have we?
Speaker 1: Wait, we have, let me tell you, Lucy, I'm still fucking waiting.
Speaker 2: So there's that, and there's also the oh didn't the alien Like, wasn't the alien looking for his mom or something?
Speaker 1: The alien a woman come to him and was like, oh, he's always pretending to be an alien.
Speaker 2: We're going to close that we're going to close that loop.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what? You know what else we're not going to close? Remember oks his.
Speaker 2: Dad sure o the faking the attic.
Speaker 1: He I mean, he'll be around, He's just not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: Christ you know that his his character design is inspired by legalis.
Speaker 4: I can tell?
Speaker 2: Shut up? There's also a good joke or is it real?
Speaker 4: There is also a thing where I noticed where he looked out over and it looked like they taking the Hobbit's diizes and guard moment.
Speaker 2: I'm like this, Orlando Blue Mass motherfucker, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Orlando Bloom and Leglass is not even the hottest blonde elf in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies. That is thrand Wheel Because my god, Lee Pace that Okay, google him right now, Google right now?
Speaker 1: What's what's his name? Lucy Lee Pace the Hobbit? Just ye wait wait no, hang on, you said that elf? I don't care?
Speaker 2: Is Horter? You're wrong?
Speaker 4: Are you joking? Not? At? Have you seen the foundation on what'd you call it?
Speaker 2: Uh? Apple TV?
Speaker 4: Apple TV?
Speaker 2: Nope, I'm not, dude, he's so hot?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yep, yepels a piece ass. I agree yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Like a whole episode of The Foundation where he's just like nude for some reason. I haven't got that yet, but my friend told me that I should hurry up and continue watching that show.
Speaker 2: Oh, hurry up and marry him. Okay, all right, well there goes that.
Speaker 1: So all right, bad to marrying this fictional elf, if only not for his sexuality.
Speaker 4: No, no, the elf is a gay. The actor is gay.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Says he's remember he's dated. I don't know. I think he's bisexual. Hey, the Stellar chants.
Speaker 2: The Stellar chants, we're back and playing.
Speaker 1: Yay, yep, game on.
Speaker 4: He's married to a man. The game's over.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, look, penalty time. But Lucy, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 1: They're still there's still like s little okay, so okay, yes, and Joe's k Then encounter a man who lives in a pylon. And the man is completely self sufficient. He has a sleeping bag, he has a fishing rod with that she catches fish and I'm gonna I'm gonna skip over a small little bit of the plot here. He defecates all over. Okay, he does so fast, hearn.
Speaker 2: Why is it sparkling. Why is it all sparkling and not actual pp and do.
Speaker 1: Do because the dialogue, the dialogue does very clearly point out that it is It is shit and piss. It is what?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but the visuals tell a different story.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like maybe you can't show that in an anime.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I got the censored version added again Netflix? Are we?
Speaker 4: I mean there was sense it on crunchy roll too. If it was actual poop in it, I don't know, John, you've read the manga. Is the actual ship in there?
Speaker 1: Don't recall you can see actual fecal matter in the spray?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I've had a long, hard day's work for thing I'm gonna do once we finish up this podcast is crack open part for and she just be like, let's see if we can find shit particles in here?
Speaker 2: And also, guys, if we're gonna pick nits here? Okay, fucking uh? You know guess what? You can't like water crops with piss. That's not what you can fertilize with duty is right? Yes, but like he was just watering his flowers with shit and piss.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Jeff, if I could if I could just interject there for a second, please reminded me it's the Jeff backlar crop circle explanation. Minute go for Jeff. Yeah, this is this is our third time. I want to defend Jeff here because I have seen a lot of people really getting on his case about this. He has been very busy the first two times, which is why he could completely fail to explain anything. I have always believed in Jeff, and I have no doubt at all that he is about to wow us with an incredible explanation of crop circles. Jeff, take get away, buddy.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't talking about crop circles. We're not going back to crop circles. Crop circles are off the table. What is on the table right now.
Speaker 1: Is I just thought that, you know, because you made it out like crop circles could be so easily explained, and here we are for a third time and just just rope it still. Okay, it's the rope thing again. The answer that's that's unbelievable, Jeff. That is really that is really stuck.
Speaker 2: Rope and wood, just wood and rope in any order. Listen, you can't water your flowers with piss piss will kill the flowers. That's what happens. You ever see when a dog pisses on the grass and then you go back like three days later, what's up with that grass thriving? Is that grass thriving or is it completely dead?
Speaker 4: What happens two plants?
Speaker 3: Pete?
Speaker 2: Wait, what happens to garden.
Speaker 4: Plants if they are watered with pure urine?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I enter those weirdos who drink urine because they think it makes you live longer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know if are they filtering the urine.
Speaker 4: Plant root cells have a semi permeable membrane which will allow small molecules such as water in, but not larger.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got your answer. Sounds like it.
Speaker 4: Urine can be used as a plant as a plant fertilizer, but it would need to futilized and it would be need to be diluted by about ten times to not kill the plants.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's it does go into a little contraption and then shoot out. Yes, I think Iraqi's got you on this one, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't worry, dude. I'm on a website called growth.
Speaker 2: I've invested, I know and I've invested.
Speaker 4: Human urine has been used as a garden fertilizer for thousands of years.
Speaker 2: Fertilizer, not irrigator.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also, did you know how is it Romans used to wash their clothes in like they used to gather up urine and then use the the stuff in it to wash. They used to like that was cool. Yeah, ammonia, that was it from piss to watch the wash that ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure we can move We can move on from the pists and ship tube that our body has what's his name? I couldn't I couldn't place it. Who the guy in the town? What's his name?
Speaker 1: Toya heronch Oh? Are you talking about his stand earth Wind and Fire?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I knew that. I remember that. I just toyo Hero, right, toyot Hero? Yeah, got it? Okay, So TOYR Hero is like, don't you boys come over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called Superfly Superfly No excuse me, sorry, I'm sorry, it's our alien friend. Who's Who's Who's and is earth Wind and Fire? So but Toya Hero, the man in the pylon is basically you boys stay away from my pylon. And they're like, oh, what the hell, we will and then Joe K enters the pylon only to become trapped in it because in the plot twists of all plot twists, the pylon is a giant stand thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I like it too. I think it's fun. Wait, we've had ships that have been entire stands, We've had other kinds of inanimate objects b stands. Right, the entirety of the sun, but also the.
Speaker 4: Fact that it's like a giant spider's web.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like some weird metal fortress, invisible fortress. If you go in, you can't come out, you turn into like metal, Like that's kind of neat spidery.
Speaker 1: The effects of Joe K turning metal when he tries to exit pretty fuck really fucking cool.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool, right Termina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally. So basically Toya hero has this. He has this weird condition where the stand where one only one person can leave, and so he needed to bring someone into the stand in order for himself to escape.
Speaker 2: One in, one out, one in, one out. But apparently they have to be a stand user also, right, I think that, I think they I think explains that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And so basically this locks Joe Skate into this stand battle with Toya Hero where only one person can leave the pylon, and if Joek tries to leave it, he will become terminated, but not like in the traditional the cool way. Yeah, yeah, not the cool way. And so the first thing that has to try is like, well, okay, we're just going to beat the fuck out of this proylon. And so they they they double team it from both sides and they beat the fuck out of that thing only.
Speaker 4: For its intriguing phrasing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm still waiting for the human resources number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gave this is not their jurisdiction. We actually had an incident and then we found out they have no authority here.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's deeply sorry. Well I'm going to soldier on here. Read your contract next time, buddy, God damn it, contract, Lucy. I'm going to say this with one hundred percent honesty. I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know, jojo with We've been doing this ship for almost three years.
Speaker 2: So that's a good one. That's that's pretty good, mostly at your expense, but still very good.
Speaker 4: You know, we weren't a tight ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah we should do. I'm not involved, just stand ship.
Speaker 1: So basically, this this, this double pummeling does not work. This this, this pending from both sides, pounded from both ends is ineffective somehow, and it is. Basically it's because the kinetic force of their attacks gets re rooted through the power through the tower and then bounced back at both Oka Yasu and.
Speaker 4: Joe's Yep, that makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Carry on, what what what did you all make of this moment?
Speaker 2: I thought it was kind of cool. Again. I feel like I'm gonna zig or your zag and Lucy and I seem to be it's pretty neat.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I think here's the thing, right, I just don't think. I just don't think Toyohiro is like interesting, Like his whole self sufficiency things kind of interesting. But other than that, he feels if you couldn't okay, if there was a jojo wrestling game and you could create your own stand user. I feel like this guy is just someone hit random.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is personality?
Speaker 1: Yeah kinda, But isn't that everyone there?
Speaker 4: Aren't we all in this rich tapestry of life?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Everyone in jojo just a random character generator.
Speaker 1: There is there is like a kind of Jojo stand where it's like I'm going to be obsessive over one thing. Also, my ghost will murder you. Like, yeah, I feel like he's a bit like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, maybe if there was more about him being really trapped in there and wanting to leave or like he got going.
Speaker 1: There is a little bit where like he he doesn't like people, and he's he's a lower leg.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's been there for months and he says he hasn't even yeah, and he says he hasn't even been down on the ground in three months and something like that. I think it's interesting. I think it's neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, not beating the and I'm quoting Jeff Butckler here, not beating the dumb bitch allegations gets a huge like it takes serious damage and a gash on his side from this attack, and it is.
Speaker 4: Can I just say how long it takes for you know, his best bud who has a stand, who can heal him up to do anything or acknowledge his injury by the way, just never just never heals him up. It's just that they're bleeding out from the side.
Speaker 1: Yep, and Twitter hero has seen enough. He's like cool, I'm I'm out of here. I don't need this. But just as he tries to escape by abseiling down a power line, our buddy, our alien friend, appears once again. I was struggled with this good Mike attacker and he has been shape shifting as the power line and kind of redirects toy Hero back into the tower, allowing Joe Skate to escape.
Speaker 4: Loved it.
Speaker 2: No problems, No, no.
Speaker 4: Smart of the alien guy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, no, I mean Tom, what what do you what do you? What do you think of this?
Speaker 2: But buddy, uh, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think it's a very good way of him to prove his worth, because that was his whole point, right. He was like, I'm gonna prove my worth and then he immediately just gets his ass kicked. It's it's good for shock value. But after that, I was like, was that useful? Did you just make everything a little hard off everyone else?
Speaker 1: And then okay, this is the bit where I think I just start to separate out from what's happening here. So Toyo Hero is back in the tower and now his kind of tailor opponent is Mikataka and he's like, oh, I have knives in my hands, like from the callouses John in his hand right.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on, yes, I do this. Where do you think this came from.
Speaker 4: Callouses on his hand?
Speaker 2: The callouses?
Speaker 1: Callous is in your hand? I just I guess I'm not quite sure what the mechanics are of hiding a bladed weapon in your hand callouses.
Speaker 2: The roles that we switch off on this podcast are in insane. I think it is insane.
Speaker 1: I think if people were doing a commentary podcast on this podcast, they would be like John and Jeff's character have just completely switched.
Speaker 2: It from They'd be like, stop, they're doing it again. They're switching roles. This is bullshit. Now now John's a believer. It's just it's crazy consistent I find crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's something and.
Speaker 4: Sure is what have you been talking about for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah and so and basically at this point, toyr Hero is like cutting power lines and firing them at at Mikitaka and it's all very.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I know, I know Iraqi is big into improv and I know he's big into kind of like you know, feeling things out in the moment. There is just a point in this stand battle where it kind of newly just stops making any sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's talking about playing billiards for like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 8: Completely, Yeah, I don't think it's a very I think the set up for a standard that is a pylon is cool, but then I think the ability it has is very not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the whole redirecting energy thing, and he taps the bars of it with his hand knife and that shoots kinetic.
Speaker 3: It's just, yeah, surprising that a pylon doesn't have an electricity based a belly.
Speaker 2: Pilon pilon, That's that's what they're called. They're referred to in in Europe. I'm I'm assuming, Oh, like a tower.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever called it a pylon, but I know it is a pylon.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I've never heard it called that.
Speaker 1: What do you call it, Jeff?
Speaker 2: Just like an electricity tower or a pergy tower?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, are all towers not electricity towers?
Speaker 2: Certainly not. There's some of them are buildings. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: I mean? I mean, I mean, yeah, how many buildings got run with the electricity?
Speaker 2: Jeff? Uh, the Statue of Liberty is a tower? That doesn't it's not a tower. I don't really have any what do you like?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What's the trying to pull a fast one here and slowing down the boom slow one, carry on.
Speaker 1: And so then we also get like, we get like a few little sections where it's I don't know how to put this. A strange man is at Rohan's door, and that's the scene.
Speaker 4: Hate that man.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 4: He's funny, but it's just his there's something about his face that makes me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: His whole ship is next, but I love him. Canodo?
Speaker 4: Oh you remember his name.
Speaker 2: I'm just on the website. I'm not going to take I'm not going to steal any credit here.
Speaker 1: Speaking of not stealing credit, to know that we're getting this from the Jojo fandom wiki, which is created by a group of fine people. Us make it well, No, not us, Jeff. There there's people who actually write this and do a great job and make the entirety of this podcast feasible for us. So thank you to those people.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: And so that's kind of the episode. Thoughts friends, good ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's good. We didn't talk about this at all, but I'd like to just pop this in there. I don't I don't love the time stamps in this whole thing. I thought those were.
Speaker 4: Gave made me feel like the shining a little bit.
Speaker 2: I appreciated, like the thing it was going for, and like what they were trying to do playing with time and sort of establishing you know, this out is this story out of order for me for whatever reason, it like wasn't effective and even more indicative in this part too that we're going to get into here right now. I thought they really lost the threading on like making the uh chapter markers in the timestams like effective, like I just I don't. I don't think they stuck the landing with that. It all felt a little kind of like I'm unuseful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is the kind of thing where it is a very different thing in like manga form, and I think it's it's harder when you start trying to work stuff in like this with the pacing of a with the pacing of you know, like an anime. And it doesn't super work for me either, So I'm okay, okay. Cards on the table, I think this is my least favorite part of part four, and are really always like even when I'm rereading and stuff, I always feel like this is a speed bump before we get to the actual me and like, you know, start really tying things off, and it just kind of always feels a bit unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were alluding to that last time, and I sort of like remember that watching these two. I think these two are fairly strong and maybe you know, I guess I was bracing for something that maybe never delivered. But there is a there are four parts to this July fifteenth storyline, so maybe three and four really are going to disappoint us in a big way.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll find out next time. But yeah, and again this freaking the Architect character. I just I don't know what's going on there, but I love every second of this guy.
Speaker 1: I have to say, I I really really enjoy I really enjoy him.
Speaker 2: I just it's he's genuinely silly and weird and funny, like genuinely funny.
Speaker 4: That's something way I was faced. It is like Uncanny Valley, uncomfortable for me, but I still love the character.
Speaker 1: We open up on this second episode. What's happened has happened at this point is make attack is I guess he has been stapled to the pylon, right and he appears to be in serious trouble.
Speaker 2: He's still like half a body, right he is.
Speaker 1: And there is this weird moment where, like where to here, toyr Hero tries to like cut him with his hand knife. I feel like calling it a hand knife is not getting across how fucking strange this thing is.
Speaker 2: It's it's like a it's like a switch blade that comes out of a callous cute like knuckle.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, And so his callous knife he kind of like tries to stab up and make attack's body, but make attack is like, that wasn't actually my body, that was just a normal wire. I'm sure someone out there has listened to the entirety of this podcast without ever watching JoJo's I just feel like that's something that's happened, and it's in moments like that, I really feel for this person. How can you visualize what we were even talking about?
Speaker 2: Draw it? Can you draw it and then send it in a week?
Speaker 1: Admit? I would make that a weekly section. That would be incredible. So this is also when and this is just this is again where I'm just like, what are we doing with this? Woken stand user Toya Hero begins peeling off his own face, revealing that he wears multiple Latex masks because he doesn't want people to know his identity.
Speaker 2: I think one would be fine, but sure you do you.
Speaker 4: Oh, if you have a warm like liquid Latex or any of that kind of stuff. But that that she gets hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some kind of stuff happens Joe's k I think I get a little moddy about the order of events here. Josk re enters the electric tower as Jeff would insist on putting it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, now, I understand, you know.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I'm all about making compromises.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: You should try it.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: And I just think there's a deeply unsatisfying conclusion here where basically.
Speaker 2: They get mucked up in their own bullshit. Here the hero it taps.
Speaker 1: The pylon with his knife hands, and then Joe ska reveals that his stand can redirect energy, and then the energy comes back to the spot that the taps happened, or toy Hero's face now is, and dude gets sucked up and stand fight over and.
Speaker 4: I just hold up, you know what, I'm just gonna say it. If Joe too had done this, you guys would love it.
Speaker 2: Did Lucy just pick up on something.
Speaker 1: What do you What are you trying to say, Lucy?
Speaker 4: No, just like because it was it was like I can I can imagine.
Speaker 3: Yojo doing it, time to do it, and that's fundamentally a cooler thing, right, but he.
Speaker 1: Would he would also obliterately toy Hero's body with the mini fists of Star Platinum. Lucy, look, it's a safe space here, Like, what are you trying to say?
Speaker 4: I just feel like you guys don't like Joe's as much.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that there's been any ambiguity of it. Joe sk he's the worst.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know that to be true because I haven't seen the entirety of the series, but I don't like him. But like he's just got like a steak filet on his head and he just sort of like it's just uninteresting.
Speaker 4: But I feel like jo Toro got away with some ship that we were all like, oh, it's great because it's Joe too. It's so she likes that fucking in the Simpsons where they push Snowball two out of.
Speaker 2: The way, right, that's very funny.
Speaker 1: But but when when Joe Ski does something, he goes.
Speaker 2: Exactly and John, I'm gonna do a wrestling thing. Tell me if I'm right. Jo Doo is basically like Orange Cassidy in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: I could see that.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, so for like the four people who understand that, is that a drink? Nope, it's like a it's a very nonchalants a wrestler and his power is being this dude.
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Orange Cassidy. Yeah, it's Macklemore with like his hands in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is Orange Cassidy's whole stick. When the announcer announces it is coming out, he's like from wherever, waiting whatever, And yeah.
Speaker 2: He's just like, can't be bothered, I'm here, I'm wrestling whatever.
Speaker 3: Dude, he looks like he looks like a dude that waits outside of lingerie store for his goal.
Speaker 2: Friends. Oh my god, that is so good. What where'd you get that from? The mall man.
Speaker 1: One of one of my favorite Orange Cassidy bits is he was in a ladder match, which is where you have to climb a ladder and grab a belt, and before the match, he walks over to the commentator and like you don't hear what he says, because he never talks, but you hear the commentator just go, yeah, no, you have to you have to set up the ladder in the ring and then get the belt. You're just gonna hear him go.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's awesome. Yeah, that's all. I think he's the He's the Orange Cassidy of JoJo's for sure, Bob, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just a personally. I think when a stand battle ends, someone needs to explode or catch the worst beating they have ever caught in their entire life.
Speaker 3: And when it's like oh, or use their standing a new way, because that that's why Joe Taro always had a new spin on how to use his abilities. Joe's Cai is just doing the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not exactly kind of threats though. I feel he doesn't really have the support of like well seasoned stand users. They're just sort of there, they pop in, but like he's not really getting on the job training. And also it's small township. It's not like they're on a big boat that's also a stand etcetera.
Speaker 1: So Toyo hero immediately becomes their friend that he's been defeated as so many before them have, which I love.
Speaker 4: I genuinely think that's I think that's very funny.
Speaker 1: Oh, every single one of my favorite shows is called Grappler Baki and it is this that's been going for thirty years and it's this about four hundred times. And some of the things that Baki has befriended include a caveman and great ape. It is also there's also a time traveling samurai, which is pretty good as well.
Speaker 2: Going back to the fate of our stand friend, our electric tower stand friend here, I do think it is I know you both wanted this like very dramatic demise, right, but I think him being sort of like banished to the thing, to the tower forever is like kind of a fun you know, punishment.
Speaker 1: I think part about him becoming a landmark is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like, like, if you're nice to give.
Speaker 2: You a picture, it's also if you bring him salt and snaws, they'll let you take a picture. I think that's so. I think that's so cool. Like I love that about Moroa.
Speaker 3: Mario.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry Mario, right, just imagine it's Mario. It's more a positive thank you. It's been a minute dam please you.
Speaker 4: Watched the episode this morning.
Speaker 2: I can't. Like there's certain things that in my mind they just like don't wanna they like don't want to stay there. And I have to like remind myself how to say things sometimes I wonder what that is. Maybe it's some kind of DYSLEXI I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, old hey, you kidding? You just set me up for it? Really well, it.
Speaker 2: Was a lay up, I guess.
Speaker 6: But oh man, hopefully you're a youthful boy.
Speaker 2: Don't lie to me.
Speaker 4: I can't fucking stand up from the couch without good so you know, all.
Speaker 2: Right, cool, all right, I feel better about myself.
Speaker 3: Poor baseball cap on hound, you'll feel You'll feel better, you'll feel more useful to me or Lucy?
Speaker 2: Yeah you why?
Speaker 3: I feel like you look younger when you go hound.
Speaker 2: No, you know, there's always a head with an arms reach.
Speaker 1: But what I will say is Jeff Beckler just rock the fuck out of a baseball hat, really does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean. Like he looks younger and cooler when he's got hound.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's a lot of work to just have to deal with. I mean, look, I feel I let my guard down when I'm with you guys. But I guess, uh, this is you politely telling me that's not enough, and I'm gonna need this clean up a little bit if I want to hang out with other millennials.
Speaker 1: And what you're saying though, like I have incredible trouble reminder remember it remembering Japanese names.
Speaker 2: I said, hair, I have incredible hair, John, like I was speaking for John. Sorry, you have a you have a tough time remembering Japanese names?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like specifically right now. And you know, I know this is kind of you know, taboo on this podcast, but occasionally I do talk about Adam on other podcasts and we're talking about Jiu Jitsu Kaisen and that show is a nightmare for characters who have two syllable names. There is and it's just Toto and Gojo and just Gaeto. I love the show. I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about when I'm trying to talk about it because I can't remember anyone's name, And I think it's a like I think it is kind of like I think it is a dyslexia thing, because like, dyslexia is a big thing with me and remembering word shapes is really hard, especially if their words like from a language I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 2: Thanks for saying that, it's okay, but.
Speaker 3: For you, it's because you're old, right, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, we read your Rohan and His Mysterious I think this episode just would just be called Rohan and the Mysterious Visitor.
Speaker 2: I would Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 1: And I like how Rohan's like, oh sorry, I'll be there in one minute and then immediately rips his face open.
Speaker 4: You know what, if I had that power, I would undred percent do that too.
Speaker 2: Why would you not? Why would you just not find out everything there is to know about anyone to just assess the threat?
Speaker 1: Right, Jeff, I'm sorry. There is a picture in your background and it's on screen left, and it really looks like a JoJo's character.
Speaker 2: Because John it is that?
Speaker 1: Is that the older No? The younger Darby brother?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah yeah?
Speaker 4: Who do you think it was really good? This is Jeff back aloud number one.
Speaker 2: I only know one anime and like a couple of mini ones that's it together, But okay one punch Man and uh and uh.
Speaker 3: Bro bro whoa the one you're on now?
Speaker 2: This one, but was it there?
Speaker 1: You know, you don't you remember the third one? Forgeting about Katerina, That that little thing. I am wasting my time here, Jeff. I don't forget about forgot Sometimes I feel like going to vomit into my mouth a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, we wouldn't want that. Yeah, that's like ad o jojo lenticular.
Speaker 1: Like when you look at it from one angle it's jojo and the other angle it's a doo. I think. I think the way it's kind of an orange jojo from from where I'm seeing it, and it just kind of looks like the alternate color of that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to move my head to see the lenticular.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: And then I realized that that's really stupid, and that's not how.
Speaker 2: It's not stupid. It's just something a child would do. But go, okay, I gotta get him where I can. If we've spent four minutes about how old and forgetful I am, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I said nothing about you being old, Jeff. I said, you know what, you know what, you know what the entirety of my devastating insults towards you, Jeff, Backlar can rock the folk out of a baseball hat. All I said, fair, thank you, and this is how I'm repaid.
Speaker 2: You'll learn to live with it. Well, Tam just had a visitor of some kind. Everything all right, okay, wasn't.
Speaker 1: One of them floor people, was it? So basically he learns that this man is just a normal architect. He has no ill intense. He'srust him though. There's nothing strange about him except he really doesn't want anyone to look at his back when I say, ripped his face when he has he has. Rohan has used his power to read this man's life through manga. Again, if you are reading this, if he listen to this out of context, I cannot help you. I don't he can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very easy, you're right, John. All the what Rohan can do is like open up your face like you would a telephone book and just sort of read everything about you and then close your right up and then you get like reinserted into reality.
Speaker 1: It just never gets less horrifying to describe, does it.
Speaker 2: It's upsetting, you know, I don't like. I don't like.
Speaker 1: I get I get bothered. I get kind of it's not fun to look at yeah. And so aside from the fact that this man really does not want people looking at his back and how that has interfered with his ability to form a relationship with a woman, I guess he seems pretty normal and he is here to assess the insurance damage from the fire that Joe's case starts from the absolutely fantastic episode We Met an Alien.
Speaker 2: Right, that flawless one we all love very much. Yeah, he's I found it surprising Rohan is continuing to live in his clearly damaged home that is probably unsafe.
Speaker 4: Architect prediction is that this architect has a stand living on his back. Voldemort, No, but you can't style why no, no, no, or yak is a tattoo. I don't know he's good.
Speaker 2: Of course you don't trust him. You won't let anyone look at his back. Something's going on here.
Speaker 4: He got a stand attached to it like a fucking limpet.
Speaker 2: People can't see stands. People can't see stands, and he doesn't know that Rohan has stands and only stand people can see stands. So he he should operate like with the assumption that anyone he meets doesn't have his stand unless he was unless he was sent there by polaroid. Man. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I really felt from the intrigue that you put into your voice that there was more coming there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Oh sure sure started to just drop off like that. I just love this guy's face. He looks like he's been like struck by The Joker, where he just like can't stop smiling, and I think that's real fun slight sidebar.
Speaker 1: I saw that second Joker movie.
Speaker 4: Oh I haven't seen it. I don't want to, but I know the twist and how was Alan Partridge in it?
Speaker 2: He's in it, Steve Cougan.
Speaker 4: He's like, isn't he one of like the psychiatrists? He's in the trailer because he goes, what do you think about something? But he has a fucking Alan part.
Speaker 2: Steve Cougan, Man, he's the best. Love me some cuges.
Speaker 1: I know a bunch of people walked out when I was watching it, So.
Speaker 2: People's people are still walking out of movies.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's the Joker dude. Bros.
Speaker 2: Particularly Oh they're like, he hasn't hurt enough women, right? Is that what it is? And they're just like, I have getting my money back.
Speaker 4: Gary glitter in this movie.
Speaker 1: I look, I don't, I don't, I haven't. I have thoughts about that movie that I will maybe.
Speaker 2: Another time when that anime adaptation comes out, we'll cover it.
Speaker 1: Oh Lucy, no, I I receive plenty of death threats. I'm good, you know. And so, uh, this gets weirder and weirder because that this man is so I okay, how lucy I believe it's when the man starts slow crawling along the walls to avoid Rohan seeing his back.
Speaker 7: He is able to climb stairs feet first and still lie down horizontally like some sort of crab person.
Speaker 2: It's awesome. It is so funny. I was laughing out loud. Yeah, like he wasn't like crawling backwards up it like he he like was like, I'll just get up these stairs so this person can't see my back because who knows what kind of abomination lives there. But oh god, I love this. I hope they milk this. I hope they.
Speaker 3: He also doesn't understand angles.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. The geometry of the house is uh is beyond him.
Speaker 3: Ye, Rohan is stunning in front of him always.
Speaker 2: That's always like you go ahead, you go ahead. I think that's so funny. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And eventually Rohan's like, I need I need to see this person's back, and he's trying to like goad the person into seeing Rohan's back, and it's mildly homorotic. Maybe I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I felt like the Rohan at some point just becomes very enamored with seeing this man exposed, and well.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't. He's he's been forced to.
Speaker 1: I don't know if if someone if I felt like someone really didn't want me to see their back, I think my thought would be like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something. Oh yeah, I'm with Lucy, what's up at that back? To see that? Okay, what's that? You? You? You refuse to show me you're back at all costs, and it's okay, well let's see it.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: What you want?
Speaker 1: You want to you want to lie face down on my couch.
Speaker 2: So can I interest you in looking at this mirror?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Would you would?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Would you please join me in the mirror chamber. There's a rule where we have to remove our sweaters before we go.
Speaker 2: Wait do you think so? But it's obviously his, it's not even his like skin back. It's like his just back back. He's wearing a jacket. I guess, so, I guess, yeah, it doesn't matter that needs to be naked. It's just like it's just as you know, the back of his jacket. He's wearing like a sports jacket.
Speaker 4: He's wearing a flash's jacket.
Speaker 2: Okay, call but you will, but you still needs to see it.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite prior is we don't even get a conclusion this episode.
Speaker 2: No, but this is only part two. We're fine, but.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that it started the previous episode. It's getting weird in this one, but we still and like, this is the backstoryline is a lot of what saves this section of JoJo's for me, this and I guess, like there's just one shot coming up, and it's not in the next it's not in the second part of this episode. We're gonna talk about it's in the next episode after that. That's just it's just beautiful. And so basically at this point, josk and okay, we've discovered that you know, Kuechi is going to be targeted and that there is another stand user right there, and because Kuichi is such a fucking useless little weed. They have to go protect him because like, of course he's going to die, you know. They like I didn't miss him.
Speaker 2: I didn't miss.
Speaker 1: Him, No, I wouldn't. I would like if if this last stand user was just a child with a medium sized rock queeture, you would also be in mortal danger. Is I think I know what we're talking about here.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: Uh and Joe k enlists the help of you yea too, and I kind of like seeing New Year back here him him and his little um.
Speaker 4: I mean, hold up though again ya with the I can smell your ass sweat from the Patinko.
Speaker 2: It wasn't as graphic this time around, but still deeply upsetting.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you do not know how this guy lunds himself those girls. It does not add up to me, but you know what, okay? And with that, he's like you, yeah, I need to help you to track down these killers, which you you. He obliges, and Joe's k heals him, and nearly immediately there they become followed by a stand user who smells like CUEECHI it's not revealed he's a stand user yet he's a fucking stand user. It's yeah, we know, we know the vibe. Yeah, you think it's just his honker or what I mean, It's just it's not it's not that, it's just he has a character design.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like there's no incidental there's no incidental characters in joesk who look in JoJo's who look interesting and don't have a psychics.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All the normies are sort of like pathetic looking, right, Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: He's also doing a Jojo pose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he poses all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I kind of there suppose where it's yu Yah and jos Ke and Yuya is like kind of hunched down and Joeske standing over him, and I think they just look kind of fucking cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff happening with the two of them.
Speaker 1: No denying, and so Joek basically confronts this new stand user known as Taranoski Miyamoto, and he immediately transforms into Jos's mother.
Speaker 2: H thoughts, Yeah that happened, surely, I thought that was h That was a cool little trick.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make any sense when they explain it further.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when they get into which you'll I'm assuming we'll unpack here. It's really gonna get to the end of that. The thing they explain, the backstory of how we got here still does not make sense for how this unconscious the mother is like in Joske's arms, Like we still haven't unwrapped that on. We unpack a lot of stuff, but not this. That's weird, but but it is cool. I think it's neat.
Speaker 1: We get a flashback from earlier in the day and it's a really creepy scene where Taranoski.
Speaker 3: Basically licks a pastry, you know, the most creepy way possible.
Speaker 1: It was in the previous episode.
Speaker 3: The Pylon monkey Man also like summons a bunch of spit and let's fall off his tongue.
Speaker 2: That we forgot about that and then reason forget about that. But the funny part of that is just like, hey, come on, I'm hanging here like one of those just like be cool man, be cool.
Speaker 1: So I don't like this scene just because I think Tomako deserves better than this. This is the woman who fucking slammed a guy's head through his car window when he whistled at her.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's she's she's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, give her a stand.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I like them On He's cool.
Speaker 1: Yep, she's right, And it's revealed that the way Tara Noske's power works is that once he finds the tick that you do when you're afraid, his stand can get you or like get you more. Now, what it's doing we don't specifically know yet, because the episode lets off with him sliding a sheet of paper towards Joe's.
Speaker 2: K Well, John, it's very clear what he's doing. He is able to once the tell of the fear is obvious, to to enigma the stand. Right, once that is clear, he turns you into sort of like a magic I illusion on a paper and folds you up and puts you in his pocket. And that's that's I'm not exaggerating.
Speaker 1: That is like that, that's the chest. Yeah, that was all accurate.
Speaker 2: That's yep.
Speaker 3: Way he doesn't, he doesn't he captures the person, he doesn't create a separate version of.
Speaker 2: It makes you a magic eye illusion, right, with like a weird repeating pattern with weird geometry, almost like how you'd see in a kaleidoscope if you will. And yeah, and then he's sort of like he slaps that folded a couple of times and then he just like just sort of puts that in his pocket and you're now part of his collection of folded magic eye people.
Speaker 4: Hey John, how does it feel? Get Joe?
Speaker 2: Explained by Jeff You love every minute.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of the little fella. Honestly, Yeah, look at me.
Speaker 2: He's did it.
Speaker 1: Forgot what Cowboy Bebop was. Book can somehow explain that.
Speaker 2: Didn't forget Katerina though, didn't forget the one that got away.
Speaker 1: And that kind of concludes this episode. I definitely like this episode more than the first one. What would you guys think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the introduction of I don't know who this other person is, this new Mimoto is their name? Yes, an Enigma, Yes, he found his way into JoJo's No. I think Enigma seems pretty fucking cool. I really dig that stuff. I don't again like I, you know, presumably episode of part three of this they're gonna like retell this you know, story of like how he did the switcheroo with her body, And I also want to see Kenodos back, and I'm excited. I think three and four hopefully I'm hyping them up, but hopefully.
Speaker 1: There's some good stuff coming. I think I'm just I'm like it's mainly the terror thing that doesn't that I don't super low, but I think I'm just I'm so keen to get where we're going with Kira, because you know, I think if there's one big criticism part three is I just don't think the last fight is like that interesting. I do not have that criticism of the final encounter with Yoshikaga.
Speaker 2: HERA, Okay, that's good to know. Yeah, Kira definitely take a took a step back.
Speaker 1: We had one little scene where it's Kira in his new office work and he sees the back of a woman's neck. The fucking murder energy.
Speaker 4: The funniest overlay I think I've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where he was just like, must not.
Speaker 4: Kill the nails over the eyes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, O jelly, she.
Speaker 4: Just fucking ripped apart my well.
Speaker 2: You know when you got a walking talking razor blade, that's what happens.
Speaker 4: Callouses on her hands, on her paws, all right, nice?
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Even if that was go to the tower, even if that was how it worked, it would make more sense. But it like slides out the side of.
Speaker 2: His Yeah, it's pretty stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's going to do it for a litter fantastic episode of Jeff jeff Our Adventure and where can people fight and find you?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Nowhere? Don't find me.
Speaker 2: He is the man who does not exist. He's unfindable.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yes, you could find me wherever you'd like, mostly using at Jeff backlar as your search query, and I'll hopefully get back to you in forty eight to seventy two hours.
Speaker 4: Lucy James, I'm everywhere at Lucy James Games and say it out.
Speaker 1: You could find me. You just searched super eyebactual and I'll be right there in most places you can imagine. Just released a spooky new Halloween tea. If people will, oh, I love it? Over it?
Speaker 2: I love it. I've worn it many times.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that way you're not wearing on the podcast, Jeff.
Speaker 2: No, Well, I would have been gonna wear it for you and like show you it. I mean I would have personally, Oh, are you the guy who wears the name of the a shirt of the band that they're going to see? Are you that guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm a person who shows a passionate enthusiasm and everything I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess I wear like a devil's shirt if I'm seeing the devil's play, so fair play, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you know what, I'm gonna leave people with a little spooky Halloween recommendation here. I watched the movie Abigail last night, having never seen it. It's about a little ballerina vampire woman. That film is a fucking delight. It's very silly and I loved it.
Speaker 2: Cool. All right, very good guys.
Speaker 1: We will see you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, Jeff. Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timoor Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super Eye, Patch, Wolf Walsh, and Me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Zepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Vashon and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 7: Enemy