Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited A is it right now with Joseph with one leg before the other? And this is an organization in Sioux Falls. You guys are like about a year old now right, Yeah, there we are, and this is a really cool thing. Let's talk to folks about what one leg before the other is and then we'll chat about a fun event you guy coming up here in just a couple of months. But where did the concept come from for this organization?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, our veterans have fined a blank check with their life and when they come back over here, oftentimes they fall into either some mental, emotional or physical obstacles and they don't have the proper equipment to face those. And one of those big things is a pair of pants. As you know, we've all put a pair of pants on the first thing this morning, and we don't wear proper payer of fitting pants. We probably are going to function very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys have this organization, one leg before the other helping get pants for people, which you think that sounds like a simple thing. It's not as simple as it sounds, though, is it.
Speaker 2: No. I mean, we try to equip every veteran that we come across with seven pairs of pants, and so if they're going to be in a nursing room, we provide them with sweatpants. If they're a houseless, then we provide them with genes so they can maybe get a job, to get back to work, and we put a deceased name of a soldier in each pocket to hopefully bring them back to a mentality of wanting to get better.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Where did the idea come from for one leg before the other? How in the world? Because it's a thing now, but at one point it was a thought. Whose thought was it? And where did this come from?
Speaker 2: Well? I am the founder of it. I was doing a different thing with a different organization, and I just didn't really feel like my values and where I wanted to go in life lined up with theirs. So I prayed hard, and this is what God for me to do, and so this is here we are doing it.
Speaker 1: I love that I love that you listened and you said I'm gonna step forward and do this. And again, this is unique. I've never heard of anything quite like this. One leg before the other beyond the uniform again started about a year ago, and in that last year, you've provided a lot of pants for a lot of amazing people, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have. Actually we go to the nursing homes like I said, and the shelters, and we're really trying to make this just out as like as soon as we get our geographic area taking care of, we really have a desire to take this nationwide and help everybody in every city we can. It's a veteran.
Speaker 1: If somebody wants to help, how can they help? Do they donate pants? Do they not donate funds that you buy pants? Do they donate their time? What is the thing that you need the most right now?
Speaker 2: Joseph, I mean really all three of those things. If you want to donate some pants, we have a location at the Shriver Building on the second floor downtown here in two Falls, or you could visit us on our web page at one Leg before Theother dot org, where we can connect you with some volunteer opportunities, or there's an opportunity be on the web page two to donate some monetaries.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of up to you. If it works better for you to say, hey, here's the money, I'm gonna let you guys do it, that's great. If it's easier for you to say, hey, instead of money, I'd like to donate pants, that's great. Whatever works best for you. Sounds like you guys will find a way to make it work.
Speaker 2: We will. We will again.
Speaker 1: Joseph, You've got a fun event coming up in August, and I know that sounds like it's a long way away, but it's going to be here before you know it. Let's talk about this bike and bruise two. Let's chat a little bit about what this is, where this is, and again we'll remind them when it is.
Speaker 2: So in August twenty third, it's going to be at Big Bar on West twelfth Street. There. It's our second annual event. Last year we drew about five hundred people in and this year we hope to double that. We have a Harley Davison stunt show, some food trucks, some great event for your whole family. It's all aged, welcome, We encourage everybody to come out and hang out. We have some great vendors that are going to hand know some free stuff. We're going to have a fifty to fifty and some silent auction stuff. So it's just a good way to get involved. And all the money that we will raise, we will turn around and put pants on veterans. So I mean we're not sending anybody's money off or anywhere. Everything We're going to do everything we raise face here in the Sue Empire.
Speaker 1: I love that. And again that's coming up in August. It's the twenty third of August. That's on a Saturday, three pm till seven pm, and it looks like it's gonna be a great event. It's a free event for all ages. But when you get there you can say, hey, I want to make a donation, I want to help, and you'll get a chance to see firsthand what the amazing people at one leg before the other are doing. And thank you for doing what you guys are doing. I think it's really neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you guys for having us on here and help spreading a word to this great cause. And hopefully by this interview we could help get some more pants to some veterans.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, if you again, if you're just tuning in one leg before the other, what they do is they donate pants to veterans. If you would like to financially help, you can do that. Or if you say, hey, I'd like to donate pants, you can do that as well. What is the best way for them to get a hold of you, Joseph.
Speaker 2: The website is One Leg before Theother dot org and you can give us a call back at six zero five two seven seven two seven two one.
Speaker 1: Very nice. I'm gonna throw a link to the website to make it really easy to find again. Bikes and bruis coming up in August. It's from one Leg before the Other. I've got all the information at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.