Speaker 1: I've Bill cunning in the Great America. One of the great reasons that so many of the American people have put Donald Trump in office is to stop the madness when it comes to all these windmills and solar panels from communist Red Shawnt, etc. And the lower the price of energy. We have an energy demand which is unbelievable. In fact, when you talk to the so called experts, because of AI, every year we're going to have a five to seven percent increase in the need for electricity. And every year, because of cutbacks and brown outs and blackouts, we have a five to seven percent decrease of energy production, which is a major problem. We hope the problem has been solved. But Sterling Burnett, PhD is the director of the Robinson Center on Climate and Environmental Policy at the Heartland Institute. And Sterling Burnett, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, let's talk about the road that was taken before we get to what's going to happen in the future. Tell me the Biden energy policy and how that increase costs for all of the American people, gave us less electricity, fewer jobs, and in bold in China, let's assume that Kamala Harris had won the road, thank god, not taking what were what was the Biden policy on energy and things of that character.
Speaker 2: Well, the Biden policy was for Americans to live less, to live less well, to pay more for goods and services that depend on energy. Energy is the lifeblood of economy. Everyone thinks about energy when they turn on their lives till they drive their car. But energy goes into everything. If you get food, it was grown using a lot of energy, and it was transported using a lot of energy. If you wear clothes, they were if they're probably you know, any kind of unnatural fiber, non natural fiber, they were. They were. They were produced using oil and gas and of course shipped manufactured. Everything uses energy as an opponent. Plastics six thousand plastics produced by all and Biden and Harris did everything they could to raise the price of that. And they're so called, you know, in their idiotic fight against climate change and climate change America.
Speaker 1: You know, every now and then it's so cold where I live in the Midwest. I could use some global warming right now. It'd be a good thing. I can't imagine how cold it would be without global warming. But the plan was this a I can't imagine having a policy. Get in Get in the heads of a leftist. If you can, doctor Burnette, you're in the head of a leftist right now. You're Kamala Harris's energy provider, and you're sitting in the White House now for about a week and you're in charge. Are you thinking, you know what we need to live less? Well, we need to pay more for gasoline, oil, natural gas, we need to cut off LNG exports, we need to put out of work and those on the Keystone pipeline. Is that what a leftist actually thinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is what they actually think. They think they think. No, it's not that we need to it's that the other people need to sacrifice for the causes we are important. Remember, Kamala Harris isn't suffering, Biden, isn't suffering Obama. They don't suffer. They pay the higher cost, but they can absorb the higher cost. They think other people must sacrifice. The poor in America must sacrifice to pay off corrupt politicians and developing countries to satisfy their elite friends. They take their private jets and they don't want us to travel at all. That's what they truly believe. They many of them are what you call they're missing tropic. But they think there are too many people on Earth. They think the problem is too many people and too much consumption. So people suffering, that's no problem with them. They talk a good game, Oh we're for the poor, we're for the workers, and then they do everything they can to make it worse for the poor and the workers. So you have to look at their actions, not their words, to figure out what's really going on.
Speaker 1: In our head. As far as the climate risks, it's almost a biblical belief they have that the climate is affected by human activity causing man made global warming resulting in climate change. And if one would take the last one hundred and fifty years of the Industrial age, I'm told that the average temperature on Earth's gone up and maybe as much as two degrees fahrenheit. And that is the judgment of those doing the measurement who wanted to find result. If you know what I mean, how much of a risk to me, Tony Bender and others is man made global warming that is causing all these climate risks? How much of a risk is it?
Speaker 2: So ask yourself this, If you step outside today and the temperature goes up two degree? Do you die?
Speaker 1: No, it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Most people. Most people in fact, when they retire, where they don't retire as much as beautiful plays. It may be is Minnesota or North Dakota, they typically retire down south where it's warmer. Warmer is better for human life, Warmer is better for biological diversity. In the end, a warmer world is a better world. And we're not warming that much. CO two is plant food, So we're feeding more people than ever before in history. We have fewer deaths tied to temperatures than ever before in history. We have fewer people day as a result of natural disasters than ever before in history. So you have to show me where climate change is making anything worse? And does the data not the headlines, not what people the so called expert say. The data does not back up the claim that we face a climate crisis. And that's what Trump recognized. That's the hoax Trump calls out when he calls climate change a hoax.
Speaker 1: You know, doctor Sterling Burnette, when I watched Jim Acosta and CNN who kind of lost his gig. But nonetheless, it just seems like there's more hurricanes. It just seems like there's more tornadoes. It just seems like there's more wildfires, seams. Everything's getting worse. Going to hell in a handbasket?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it worse? It's we're able to track them better. Where there's a lot more reporting, you know, twenty four hours seven reporting used to if a tornado happened in the middle of Kansas or the panhandle of Texas and it didn't strike a town or a house, no one knew about it. Now you have radar that sees every little hurricane, that tornado that forms, regardless of whether it ever impacts any place. You get tornado warnings. I get tornado I live in I live in Dallas. I've lived here most of my life. When I didn't live here, I live in Ohio, which was also part of a tornado alley. Know. I know tornadoes, very familiar with tornadoes. I get tornado warnings all the time. I probably have ten of a year. I haven't my town the day after Christmas, about eight years ago, had tornado struck about half a mile from me, That's the only one that came anywhere close to my house. I wouldn't even have known about them, except for the one that was nearest me years ago, because they wouldn't have been reporting on it because they didn't know it. They didn't know the radar didn't track the little funnel coming down right until it did some damage, until it hurts somebody, And even then, if it was just one small farm that got rocked out, you may never have known it. C and N didn't exist twenty four hours day. Cable news weather channels are a relatively recent invention. So it's not that any of this stuff is getting worse because the data. Once again, I would quaye go back to this, because that's what science is built on. The data don't show that these things are happening more frequently, or when they do occur, that they're more palaul than they've ever been before.
Speaker 1: H So you know one of the things I saw on Fox News the alarmists, Yeah, the alarmist because aren't people paid to hold these opinions? In other words, much like DEI, which is die there's an eight billion dollar industry built or around DEI and the college is universities, many major businesses costco for example, a lot of people are getting paid and so when lots of people are paid lots of money. Guess what there's going to be man made climate change causing global warming.
Speaker 2: Correct, Well, if it wasn't climate, if it wasn't global warming, it was global cooling. Look, the environmentalists have had scare stories going back since the turn of the twentieth century, and the story is always the same. Humans. It's the Bible story, human sin. In this case, they developed energy, and you have to repent your sin. You need to get rid of the energy. No matter what the crisis is, whether it was global cooling in the seventies and the next Ice Age, whether it was intocrene disruptors in the early eighties that were going to make it impossible for humans to have children, it was clean, it was air and water in the sixties. The problem is always the same, humans consuming too much. And their answer is always the same, bigger and bigger government, to control your lives, to dictate to you. Those things are common whatever the environmental problem is. And the other thing that's always the same is academics and the media raking in a lot of money on it. If the environmental scares go away, funding to these academics goes away as well. Their whole careers are built on disaster, big business and for the media, look, it's not new. If it bleeds, it leads. If they had to report nothing bad happened today, many.
Speaker 1: Times I talked to those in the news and saying, well, we have to report something at six o'clock. They got to find something that's going on. One of the best things I saw in a congressional hearing about three months ago was my favorite senator or Senator John Kennedy Louisiana, and he is a panel of experts, what percent of the atmosphere is CO two? And these were experts supposedly from academia, and they were giving numbers like one percent, five percent, seventeen percent, one percent of the actual atmosphere of mother Earth is CO two.
Speaker 2: Well, a small fraction. CO two is probably less than one percent. If you talk about the percentage of CO two as the greenhouset. Remember, greenhouse gases are only a small part of the atmosphere, right, And the dominant greenhouse gas ninety six to ninety seven percent of the greenhouse gays in the appophere is water vapor, right, correct, So so CO two and methane and all those of the greenhouse gass you hear about are are two to three percent of the atmosphere. Are two to three percent of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which is a small fraction of all the gases in the appal Well.
Speaker 1: Senator Kennedy had a government expert that admitted that the percentage of CO two in the appmisphere is somewhere between point zero three and point zero four. For those who may not have a math background, that is well less than one tenth of one percent. So if you take an inch divided by ten, then go down to point oh three of that. That's the percentage of CO two in the atmosphere, which is part of methane, which is a good thing, and it is not a significant part. In fact, Mother Earth itself will regulate by itself methane and CO two in the atmosphere by what it does.
Speaker 2: And one might.
Speaker 1: Add doctor Sterling Burnett I read in a scientific journal that the wildfires in California have now put more CO two in particulate matter in the atmosphere that's been so called saved by California in the past twenty eight years. So you have one wildfire and all of a sudden, all the priuses that are driven don't matter anymore anyway, because Mother Earth regulates, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, you know, And these as bad as terrible as they are because where they're located, you know, right in the populated Los Angeles area. These are small wildfires compared to some of the wildfires that have happened in California in recent years. You know, these are twenty forty seven thousand acres, but they've had you know, millions of acres burning in the last few years at wildfires have put out more. All the sacrifices, all the sacrifices, the lack of energy, the jobs lost, the people moving out of the state because it's losing population largely do the high energy cost, high housing costs, all the regulations. None of that has done anything to prevent any climate change at all, and it won't America. America picked to borrow the President Trump and go tomar And if there were a light switch, turn off all the energy in the US, and emissions would continue to climb. And it's not a bad thing. You know what, During the last ice age, we dip down to one hundred and eighty parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Plants stop photosynthesis. They die at one hundred and fifty parts the atmosphere. So we were in danger of all life on Earth. And it wasn't due to global warming. It was due to global cooling and too little CO two. At CO two not come back after the ice age to two hundred and eighty parts per million, we'd be in bad shape, right, And most of the plants on most of the life on Earth, most of the plants on Earth, evolved at a time when CO two was much higher in the atmosphere than it is now. Four hundred and twenty parts per million is not a danger to anyone all of us.
Speaker 1: You know, all of us are against pollutants. I'm against pollution, but I'm in favor of economic development. Lastly, the left's going crazy because of the Paris climbing of cords, which is ending Chinese controlled renewable energy. Explain how the Chinese are making money out of this deal.
Speaker 2: Well, the Chinese weren't bound by anything. They didn't have to cut their emission under the Pair's Climate Court. They said that at some point in the future they expect they will peak commissions. But if they peak a double where they are now, and they're already more than double what the US puts out, more than what the entire developed world puts out. Then it wouldn't matter even if you believe CO two was causing climate change, because they would swamp anything, any sacrifices we make. So they were going on their merry way putting out CO two, and then they were selling us green technology, so called so called green technologies, and our energy systems were becoming dependent upon Chinese technology, Chinese critical minerals, and you know to the extent that those are built in the Chips. Let's say that Chinese didn't like us all of a sudden and war broke out, they might be able to turn off our technologies and minerals. It was crazy. It is crazy to make your electrical grid and your transportation system dependent on min rules technologies that come from a country that is not your ally but is your enemy. No.
Speaker 1: In fact, getting out of the Paris climate, that's that's what they did. And thank god Trump did that, because without that, we'd have more of these battery plants built by the communists, red Chinese in Mexico to sell us cheap evs that were mandated. I can only imagine if we'd gone through four years of Joe Biden, then eight years of Kamala Harris, then four years of Governor Tim Watz as the vice president to be reelected. We're done, it's over. We're going to turn over our economy to the Red Chinese. It was a great thing. Once again, Doctor Sterling Burnett, you're the climate environmental policy at the Heartland Institute. And how many times is CBS, NBC, ABC or PBS or The New York Times put your thoughts of the Heartland Institute's thoughts in their stories? Does that ever happen?
Speaker 2: Very very rarely, because they decided about a decade ago that there was no debate and they were going to they were no longer going to cover this ing voices on climate matters. So I won't say it never happens, but when it does, it's never complementary.
Speaker 1: Something's wrong with you. You're not thinking right. We went to Chinese.
Speaker 2: Do what they do is they try and compare us the Holocaust deniers they cause climate deniers. They say we're holding up progress on climate change. No, we're defending American prosperity and American's freedom to choose.
Speaker 1: Well, until Starship Enterprise shows up with the lithium crystals, we're going to have to rely upon coal and natural gas and oil for a long time, hundreds of years, and we have the supply. And don't believe what the mainstream media tells you, because a lot of it is a bunch of lies. And you just laid it out. And once again, doctor Sterling Burnett, PhD, the Heartland Institute, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And doctor Burnett, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, sir, have a good day, and God.
Speaker 1: Bless God, bless America. Let's continue with more of the truth. Will set us off free? Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW