Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tam Case.
Speaker 3: We hi everybody, and we'll welcome man to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers enjoining this part of the road trip at eighty nine and sixty one.
Speaker 4: After a split in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That included back to back wins, including a victory last night. Well, now they head to South Beach and a three game series against the Miami Marlins. Dodgers start the night with a three and a half game lead over the San Diego Padres in the division, with twelve games to go, and tonight in the series opener. Bobby Miller on the mound, first pitch coming up at three forty. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you are gonna hear from Gavin Stone. We'll get an update on how the young right hander is feeling on the il right now. Could he come back to help out this Dodgers team in the postseason. You'll hear from him coming up in about forty five minutes. We'll dive deeper in today's pitching matchup DV will join us. Throughout the show, We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We got your Otani, rewind your magical moments. Oh yeah, your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game in the Zenchet Sweet Live Challenge that's coming up in thirty minutes. And in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: And here from Rick Monday and Tim never Well.
Speaker 3: Last night in Atlanta, Yoshinobu Yamamoto made his second start since coming off the IL. A right hander, would go four shutout innings, allowed four hits, three strikeouts, two walks.
Speaker 4: He through seventy two pitches. He had the.
Speaker 3: Leadoff batter on in all four innings that he would pitch, but he was able to walk the tightrope and get out of it in all four innings.
Speaker 4: In the third he got out of it thanks to some great.
Speaker 5: Defense swung out and belt to the center and deep going back after that, but he won't get it.
Speaker 2: It's over its head.
Speaker 6: He bounce us off the track of.
Speaker 2: The wall Harris.
Speaker 5: Around third, he will come to the plate.
Speaker 2: The relay throw will be to get him.
Speaker 5: Oh kk Hernandez with a rocket shot from Tommy Edmund straight to Will Smith and they get Harris at the plate.
Speaker 4: What a great defensive play.
Speaker 3: They double off the wall from solaer Harris on his horse from first Tommy Edmund to the relay man keyk Hernandez who turned spun and through a ninety three mile an hour ball to home plate to Will Smith, tag on to Harris and the out at home plate. A great defensive play to keep it scoreless at zero zero and the Dodgers, though they would score in the third to take a one to nothing lead, in the fifth they would tack on two more showy Otani grinded into a fielder's choice Miguel Rojas and RBI single Dodgers up three to nothing. Then in the seventh day, the Dodgers busted a wide open a six run inning shoe. Hey Otani grounded into a fielder's choice, scoring Miguel Rojass yet again, Mookie Betts as sackfly tay Oscar Hernandez with an RBI single that brought up Freddie Freeman with two on and the bread the fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 5: Stretch by bomber and the pitch to Freddy Freeman. These swings hits a fly ball to the left fairly deep. It is caring going back toward the wall. It is off the wall and over the wall to the home run. Freddie Freeman with a three run opposite field homer hit the top of the left field wall and carry them down. And the Dodgers have opened it up with a seventh inning. As Freeman comes across the score it is nine to nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Home run number twenty two for Freddy a six run seventh inning. As the Dodgers go on and shut out the Braves last night nine to nothing. The bullpen combined for five shutout innings. Evan Phillips gets the win. Totches now eighty nine and sixty one and the breath the fresh air moment of the game presented by a Tar Mechanical looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in Southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner, Omar and Brittany, the founders, the great people. Their service is more than just a solution. It's a breadth of fresh air from the moment you call to the completion of your project. A Tar Mechanical delivers friendly, honest service at a fair price. Well, nothing fair last night about the Dodgers nine to nothing win over the Braves as they get the split in Atlanta, they're now eighty nine and sixty one. The magic number is nine with twelve to go, and now they are in Miami for the start of a three game series. So let's head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we now welcome in Rick Monday and Tim Neverts.
Speaker 5: Tim, thank you very much. At Long Deepot Park in Miami, the roof has closed. It is sunny and warm and humid outside, but they're expecting to have the roof closed for the ball game tonight, as the Dodgers play Game one against the Miami Marlins. Coming off a win against the Braves last night nine nothing, the thirteenth shutout victory of the season for the Dodgers, and now the magic number to clinch the division is in single digits. It's been trimmed down to nine. The Dodgers begin to day eighty nine and sixty one, three and a half in front of the San Diego Padres. The Diamondbacks have fallen to six back meantime, the Marlins fifty five and ninety five begin their final home stand and they're coming off a road trip to Pittsburgh and Washington where they lost six out of seven. Bobby Miller looking for a redemption start here two to four in an eight seventeen era, he will go against Long Beach States Darren mckackin. Mkacken was a two time Big West Conference Pitcher of the Year no decisions since being called up a month ago, seven point zero six his earn run average and mall. This is series the Dodgers have to have here in Miami, a team that has really been struggling and they're basically letting some of their younger players play at this point in the season.
Speaker 7: And tim one of the things that we've been able to see not just in baseball, but you look at professional sports, collegiate sports two for that better, the team that has a very good record going in and playing a team that's waiting for the season to end. This is inspiring for that team that's waiting for the season to end in a hurry because there's really not much on the table except maybe some self pride. Spoiler, that's not the right word. It is just a team that you can see them come together. I would imagine they're gonna pull every stop out. Be alive, be looking for double steel, be looking for delayed steel, be looking for bunt and run, be looking for everything, because there's nothing to lose as far as the Marlins are considered. And I'm saying that from a demeaning standpoint, that's just a fact when you're playing a very good team planning and hoping to get to the World Series versus a team already looking to next year's spring training.
Speaker 5: Typically throughout his career, rookie Betts will heat up at this time of the year heading into the off season. Last year in anomaly, but for the most part, he is a winning player in the off season. Right now, he's two for his last nineteen overall, He's still flirting with three hundred, but this could be a great ballpark to get him going and against the Marlins. He is the all time leader in slugging percentage YEP with a minimum of one hundred at bats, ahead of two Hall of famers Larry Walker and Adrian Beltray. Move he betches at the top of the list, slugging six't eighty four.
Speaker 7: He said, as best we turn up the lights. The other part two is we're beginning to see a whole lot of support from the bottom part of the Dodger lineup a little different. Phase two. Hunter Fidushu will get to start behind the plate doing the catching. He'll beat in the nine spot. Other than that, pretty much what we've seen of recent times. The big issue still remains with the pitching staff. You look at the last seven games. We talked about it a lot, but for Bobby Miller tonight, trying to get some innings under his belt. Because the last seven games, starting pitchers have worked twenty eight in the third innings, relief corps thirty two and two thirds. Those numbers need to flip flop and do it in a hurry.
Speaker 5: So the Dodgers and Marlins getting set for game one of those three games set. The Dodgers swept the Marlins in early May back at Dodgers Stadium, looking to continue to win. They've won back to back games and again trim their magic number to nine. Win the National League Western Division Dodgers Marlins. First pitch coming up in a bit, Jim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch on this Tuesday, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on it Shaky's Pizza Parlor or are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Bojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. As we lead up to first pitch, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Gavin Stone. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We're gonna have your chance to win Sweet Tickets and the Zenchet Sweet Live Challenge. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll head down to the field live with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 4: From Sports in An LA.
Speaker 3: That's up next as we lead up to first pitch from Miami on this Tuesday, Dodgers and Marlins, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Laurento Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of.
Speaker 2: LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Marlins as they started a three game series in Miami. Bobby Miller and Darren mckackin the pitching matchup. First pitch, Seid, this is the Otani rewhyd Well shoe Otani oh for four last night, but a couple of fielders' choice ground balls scored two runs, so he picks up a couple of RBIs was on base. Vo Walk now hitting t eighty eight on this season and he's still sitting on forty seven home runs and forty eight stolen bases with twelve games to go. The Otani rewind brought to you by eToy Inscha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that shoey Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot Com.
Speaker 4: That's it t O e N dot Com.
Speaker 2: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston.
Speaker 3: Watson Hey Kirson now joins us from Miami. Is The Dodgers are taking on the Marlins for a three game series and Kirston coming off to split in Atlanta. The Dodgers give the ball to Bobby Miller, who they really need to see something from as we get closer to the postseason.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with Bobby Miller, he is someone who look this past this season has been very frustrating for him. It seemed like how it started with his outing. He was fantastic with his first startup the season the tents. Then things have kind of gone down really. Yes, he dealt with a little bit of injury here and there on the il and our She's name was optioned, but also with kind of working through a few injuries, and he has mentioned there's been a E've seen times in which he's kind of been moving slightly gingerly due to his mean it's landing me. So there have been some questions about that, but he said that, you know, he feels good. He's putting in the work to make sure that his means are healthy and strong. But even Dave roberts Day was saying, there is a possibility that some of that just me pain that he's dealing with could be leading to the lack of results, the lack of execution, the lack of delivery, and some of these pitches. So we'll see what happens today. You know, it's a younger team than the Marlins lineup, and they don't know, they're not too familiar with any of those guys over there, so we'll see how Bobby handles it. But ultimately, you know him to end this regular season on a high, not with confidence, because he might be needed to come October.
Speaker 3: Kirsten has brought you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today in your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now in Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a kay. Miguel Rojas, what a game he had in Atlanta last night, Stealing bases, coming home on a wild pitch, base hits, great defense.
Speaker 4: And now he's back home in Miami.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's back home in Miami, and you know, I was talking to about his performance last night. I love what he said is he obviously loves this game so much. We see it on him with how he before from the field, we see how he interacted with teammates, from the club house leadership he has with this group. But for him last night that was that was a clinic, that was fundamental baseball. And so he was telling me today, you know, yeah, like there's not going to be every game where he has opportunities like that where he's running off the first pitch or things like that and getting over feeling third and then coming home on the wild pitch. But he said that yesterday. He it is that he attributed a lot of his success was not only to the game that he played and how he wants to be a big league player, but also the support he's ha from the coaching staff is putting him in a situation in which he was very much prepared, in which on the first move from Max Street he knew like, okay, he could go a situation there was one out and so things like that. For him to be so excellent with that base running yesterday, you know, he teased. He's like, yeah, it's not I have it all the time. However, just to know that he was prepared as a good spot and felt really good about that. And then now to be able to come home. His son Aaron is here of course, running around. He's had a baseball bat in his hands, and so it's nice to be able to be back with his kids, he said, even with his wife. They haven't seen the family because they live out here and on school has started, so it's been a little bit of time, like five weeks to see them, and so just to be back with them and have so many friends and family here in Miami. He've got seventy friends and family coming to many seventy tickets was crazy, and then tomorrow is going to be ninety. He said that his son's base all team and some classmates they're gonna come, So that'll be a lot of fun to under be able to see him out there. But my I was like, wow, this is truly a homecoming. So it came out a good time for him. And he's obviously been linked out at the play in a huge force defensively just in the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Try to screw that is awesome, Curisto, appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game still to come. Here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David vet say, goes what I'll want with Gavin Stale. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dave Roberts. So Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. First pitch at three forty of Tim kaysis Los Angeles Dodgers audio number.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Miami Marlins getting ready to start a three game set Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck continues Wronggo Casino Resort and spots a grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 2: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Austin Barnes on the IL with the fractured toe, Tyler Glasnaw on the IL at.
Speaker 4: The right elbow.
Speaker 3: Ten to night as Clayton Kershaw trying to work his way back off the IL with the left big toe swelling. Joe Kelly on the IEL with the right shoulder inflammation. He's with the team and should come off the i L sometime in this series. In Miami, Gavin Stone, we'll hear from him coming up in just a little bit. Get an update on how his elbow is feeling. Anthony Bonda after fracturing his left hand while hitting a wall or something in frustration last homestand he is back at Camelback Ranch working his way back from that injury. All right, let's head back out to Miami and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 2: Do you think questions for Dave Dave can you just describe Dave.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave roberts.
Speaker 9: Sonan and he's named to rehab started swifts to play with the Tony Gonslam.
Speaker 10: He's gonna make another one. I think it's I'm not sure what day, you know, whatever it is, he's going to get an extra day. He's gonna make another one, and I think the plan is for him to go four innings and then you know, if that goes well, you know, there could be a conversation about him joining us, which for me, I think would be a fantastic outcome.
Speaker 6: This is still kind of a long shot to factory.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's still a long shot, but I think given you know, I was talking about you know, Tony a couple of weeks ago, and still the landscape's changed since we talked about Tony, So I think that with that, it's still a longer shot. But I'm really impressed that Tony is really taking this really seriously as a potential opportunity. So he's gonna he's gonna take another.
Speaker 2: One and we'll see from there. I guess still be to have him come back as a reliever.
Speaker 11: If you guys come back or now that would be built up to four innings. Would that be more starting option for you?
Speaker 10: I think the beautiful thing about is he'll do anything we ask. He's pitched in both roles to the length point. I think that that gives us a little bit of flexibility, which is a good thing. But I just really don't know how it's gonna be right now.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, giving an update on Tony Gonsolin and some of the injuries. And interesting to see if Tony Gonsolin could return next schedules rehabs start four innings if he continues to progress. It's only September seventeenth. The catman could be on the prow. Dave Roberts down the Dodgers dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan. Yeah, Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service titans dot com.
Speaker 4: Coming up, we still got the Zenscheet Sweet Live Challenge. We also have the Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: But up next we will check in with David Vassay for leading up to first pitch on this Tuesday from Miami Dodgers and Marlins. I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers of Marlins, Bobby Miller and Darren mccackin the pitching matchup. First Pitching Miami is coming up at three forty. The umpiring crew for today's game, brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you.
Speaker 4: And your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 3: The mood of this team, I imagine must be pretty good after the last two games in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Without a doubt, Tim and I know everybody's talking about the team meeting the Dodgers had before Game three of the four games series in Atlanta. Obviously, when something like that happens, it hits more. It resonates with some more than others. So I'm not sure I would point to that as the turnaround in Atlanta. What the turnaround was was the Dodgers getting better starting pitching. The first two nights in Atlanta, it was Landon Nack and Jack Flaherty combining for five innings. Well, the last two games you got a solid start from Walker Bueller who went six innings and also from Yamamoto yesterday who did his job. So that's the encouraging sign. And also the Dodgers being able to beat a really good pitcher in Max Fret. So now the Dodgers have set themselves up to be in a very good spot to have not only a winning road trip, but return home with their sights set on closing out this division, whether it be on the last day against the Rockies or in that head to head matchup against the Padres. What is tangible on the plane last night and today in Miami is that the Dodgers can taste they are very close to winning this division and hopefully securing themselves a second seed at least in the National League playoff picture.
Speaker 4: David is driven by Ford.
Speaker 3: If there's one thing we like its choices, find yours at the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march can only be called f one fifty house Kersh doing David.
Speaker 6: Well I had a chance to talk to Kershaw after watching him throw again off a flat round without any sort of support for his left foot. Here's what Clayton Kershaw had to say about where he's at and how much that left big toe has improved over the course of the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: This is making progress.
Speaker 12: You know, I think able to throw off the mound a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 12: It's just trying to keep my arm going as best I can, you know, the endurance part of it. So I'm throwing a lot of throws, just not at you know, max intensity, just because I can't quite push off the way I want to yet.
Speaker 11: But there's definitely some improvement.
Speaker 12: I think it's getting there, not as fast as I like, but it's definitely getting there. And I think the good news is, you know, the rehab part should be short since I'm able to keep my arm going pretty good.
Speaker 11: And I'm hopeful, you know.
Speaker 12: I know we don't have a lot of time left, but I'm hopeful that, you know, in these next twelve days there's a chance that I could get back out there, so it's gonna be close. But I'm I'm I'm not. I'm remaining optimistic, I guess.
Speaker 6: And the biggest reason why he's optimistic is because he continues to throw. The arm has not been stationary, Tim, and that's been part of the thinking behind him forcing the throws.
Speaker 4: That is great to hear, David appreciate.
Speaker 3: We'll check back in with you Dodger fans and hands you're listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's La Care god or up next, you Dodgers Magical Moment leading up to Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, we Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tip on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday. Bobby Miller and Darren mccackin the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 6: Not about name who wants.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawvey Hot Jogs.
Speaker 3: On this date, September seventeenth, nineteen ninety six, Dodgers in Denver taking on the Rockies. Adeo Nomo through a no No.
Speaker 5: God Da has done what they said could not be done, not in the Marle High City, not at Forest Field in Denver.
Speaker 6: He is not only shut out the.
Speaker 4: Rockies, he has pitched them no hitter.
Speaker 2: And thank goodness they saw in Japan.
Speaker 3: At Dio Nomo nineteen ninety six with the no hitter at Coors Field. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, a So Cal treacher for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hawfey hot Dogs. Who wants to live the sweet life at a Dodger game eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy I need three contestants to play the Zench Sweet Live Challenge. Tell me which player is gonna be the fresh player of the game. If you're correct, you get two tickets to the A five seventy La Sports Sweet The Zenche Sweet Live Challenge is next, so lead you out to first pitch. Dodgers and Marlins' tim Kasis Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Miami is the start a three game set with the Marlins Bobby Miller and Darren mccackin the pitching matchup First Pitch from Miami.
Speaker 4: Set for three forty.
Speaker 2: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Channel.
Speaker 1: One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zench Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy. All right, three contestants ready to go.
Speaker 3: Tell me the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna be sitting in the AM five seventy LA Sports Sweet for an upcoming game.
Speaker 4: Diana, you're our first up. What is your guess? Who's your player?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with showtime shows, Hey Otani.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey Otani. Good luck to you, Diana. Troy is our next contestant. Welcome Troy. What's your guests?
Speaker 2: Bobby Miller?
Speaker 4: Let's go, all right, Bobby Miller, Good luck to you. Troy. Dennis our third and foul contestant, Welcome, Dennis, what's your guests, I'm gonna go with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: All right, good luck to Dennis, Troy and Diana are three contestants and the Zen She Sweet Live Challenge presented by Zen She Handkraft is Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game at rols or other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, we'll get to the keys to the game. We'll hear from Gavin Stone, but first and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bassey Here's Ballet Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, We're close to home Vero Beach for Rick Monday during the off season and former spring training home of the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Were a little bit closer, but still it was a long night. David. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what time you turned off the lights, So the rest of the guys turned off the lights. But my wife, Barbarley came down picked me up in Miami at the airport. We went back home, pulled into the driveway about five am. So but I got to be home and I'll commute in the next couple of days, but it's just really nice to come down and see some friends and obviously kind of see the family and see what's going on.
Speaker 6: Rick, we all have a great emotional attachment to Dodger Town in Vero Beach. Could you share with us what is Dodgertown now?
Speaker 7: Well, now it's the Jackie Robinson Training Center, and for a number of years Peter O'Malley actually leased that area, which is city and county owned. It's not owned by a private entity, and they would they leased it along with the Chinhae Park was also in that. I think Cadeo Noma was also in that, which, by the way, today's the anniversary of Hedeo Noma throwing the no hitter and you were there against the Rockies. I believe it was nineteen ninety six. But they continued in having a lot of different things football, a college, high school, they would have soccer. They really fixed up the facilities and now Major League Baseball has taken over and now they lease it from the city and the county and they have added new buildings, an indoor infield and batting areas. They're just completing now another two story building that attaches to it. And they also have the World Series, the RBI program Reviving Baseball and Inner Cities that is all around the country and they run some great tournaments there. And it's a facility very nostalgic for those of us that have seen it, and it's been declared as a historic site and certainly is for baseball.
Speaker 6: Rick, we hear about former Dodger pitchers and catchers talk about Dodger Town. But for you, when you joined the Dodgers in nineteen seventy seven, what were your impressions of Dodger Town?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 7: And I put it in perspective and having grown up in sunny California, someone asked me about this and I said, it was basically I thought the Disneyland of baseball. It is a full blown destination with the living quarters that are there, with the dining room and everything else that goes with at the full kitchen and including for after hours for adults. You know, there's a bar area of pool tables. That has always been the case, so you know, and from time to time I dropped by theres right by the airport in Vero Beach, so yeah, by there occasionally.
Speaker 6: Hey, Rick, speaking of living quarters, the Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda also lived on the grounds, and I heard there were a few practical jokes made towards Tommy Lasorta, and he never knew who was behind it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, it's amazing the stories that I heard what some guys had done at various times, including well, we knew when Tommy was going to come in at night, and Tommy was he was not a go to bed early guy. He was afraid that he was going to miss something, right, he always got up early in the morning. But we knew that Tommy would never be back before twelve thirty, maybe a quarter one, very rare, so we knew what time he would be back. And then somebody after they knew that he was in here, and Tommy had a standard wake up call very early in the morning. Well, on this particular evening, it was the evening before we were going to take bus rides across the state and play EXHIBI game against I don't remember who it was, but on the other side of the state. So they knew that Tommy was in the room, and someone had previously gone in the room and unscrewed the mouthpiece on his telephone and took out that little amplifier that's in there right in the old telephones. So when the phone call came in the next morning for his wake up call, elod MISTRESSORTA, it's you know, seven point fifteen. Okay, fine, He hangs up, He showers, he gets dressed, goes to the door, and the door won't open. Someone had tied somebody tied a yellow ski rope to the door handle and it was attached to a palm tree right outside the door. So he picks up the phone to call, Yes, mister DISSORTA, what can I do for it? Somebody locked me in the room, yes, misressorder because the amplifier didn't remove well. Tommy eventually got out of the room and he got on the bus, and we were on the bus waiting for Tommy, and Tommy looked at every one of us and he knew that one of us or some of us had something to do with the fact that he got tied up into the room that morning.
Speaker 6: I'm sure little Ricky Monday had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with it.
Speaker 7: That is my story and statue limitations as well come and gone. And I do know a couple of guys who were maybe involved do.
Speaker 6: You want to share?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, no, taking it with you? Love it Rick, great great memories, great stories.
Speaker 7: So if you wake up tomorrow morning and there's a yellow ski rope tied to your doorknob, I want you to know I had nothing to do with.
Speaker 6: All right, I'll be aware. Thanks Rake. We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. Great stories of a great place and a great time in Dodger history. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Mow.
Speaker 3: Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, looks and books and sometimes.
Speaker 4: Even the rent. It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 3: Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your previous this bitchet match up, but I'm next. We go high and tight with Gavin Stone. How's this elbow feeling? Find out Dodgers Marlins first bitch of three forty. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Marlin start of a three game series in Miami after the Dodgers split a four games set in Atlanta. Bobby Miller and Darren mccackin the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is presented by our friends at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, Children's Hospital in LA rank number one in all of California for pediatric care, find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 4: Player, It's an engagement of endearment is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, this free game interview is going to cost me a lot, maybe even a fantasy football player, because Gavin Stone is in the same fantasy football league as yours. Truly, Gavin, thanks a lot for the time, even after a tough loss in fantasy this week.
Speaker 11: Yeah one got me?
Speaker 2: Did you win? I did win.
Speaker 6: I beat Adrian Gonzalez.
Speaker 1: Kind of.
Speaker 11: Catches that last ball right there, then I'll win.
Speaker 6: But one one pulled it Outuon broke a lot of hearts last night.
Speaker 11: A lot of hearts, a lot of hearts.
Speaker 6: So what do you think about my team? Do you feel like, uh, you might be crawling back for some players on old Vasas team.
Speaker 11: No, your team is pretty trash.
Speaker 6: I like to call it with a lot of death. That's a lot of death. You say trash, I say stacked.
Speaker 11: Hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Speaker 6: Damn right. Gavin Stone is our guest as the Dodgers and Marlins are getting set for first pitch. All right, fans want to know how Gavin Stone is feeling, How is the shoulder feeling and do you feel like you're close to giving this a try?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think that the plan is to throw at some point later this week.
Speaker 9: Uh, you know, just trying to get that inflemmation to go down a little bit, take the pain out of the back of the shoulder. But you know, it feels a lot better, It feels stronger in a lot of positions, and so hopefully, you know, whenever I start throwing again, there's no pain.
Speaker 6: So is that really the biggest check? You might be throwing from sixty feet and figure out where you're gonna go from there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, as long as there's no pain that I'm gonna throw, So that's really the only issue is just cleaning that up in the back of the shoulder and then seeing where that is right now. I really don't have many answers right now, but hopefully like whenever I start throwing, there's no pain.
Speaker 6: You've been so dependable this entire year, more starts, more innings than any other picture on the staff. How have you dealt with being on the.
Speaker 11: I l it's tough.
Speaker 9: It's tough watching and then not know or knowing that you're not gonna get to get a chance to go out there relatively soon. I was talking to NAC earlier, I was like, being on the aisle, I have no idea what day it is anymore, just because I was so used to knowing what day I pitched and then basically in the week off that.
Speaker 11: But yeah, it's tough, it's tough.
Speaker 9: Watching, but you know, these guys are really good, so it makes it even more enjoyable.
Speaker 6: How have you been able to cope with all that? What are you doing during games? What are you doing during your off time to keep your mental health in a good spot.
Speaker 9: Just trying to stay positive. That's the biggest thing. Is just being positive, being positive for our guys. You know, we're in a close race right now, so that's the biggest thing, is just you know, trying to stay upbeat.
Speaker 6: You're a good buddy and roommate Bobby Miller is on the mound tonight. What does he need to do to kind of get back to the Bobby that we know he can be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's just you know, throwing his aw speed for strikes and getting ahead and counts.
Speaker 11: That's really it. You know, he looks more comfortable up there.
Speaker 9: I think it's just you know, just getting ahead of hitters and then sequencing, right, That's pretty much it.
Speaker 11: But you know he's gonna pull through. I have a lot of confidence and what he's able to do.
Speaker 6: How much do you guys talk about pitching, even at this stage with you not being out there. Does he lean on you? Do you lean on him? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, and we don't really even talk a lot about pitching. I think it's more about mentality more than anything, because I mean, Bobby's so good and and I mean if you just clean up the mentality then then he'll.
Speaker 11: He'll show it for sure.
Speaker 9: But yeah, we don't relatively talk a lot about pitching wise, just like you know, the mentality part of it.
Speaker 6: The two most overlooked young pitchers that have come up the last two years in my mind are yourself and land and Knack. Why were you guys not as talked about as some of these other pictures that are really good as well?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think that's just because we have a ton of guys in the minor leagues that are really good. Like if you look at our our farm system, there's you know, top to bottom pitching wise really good, top to bottom hitting wise really good, and so there's just a lot of prospects, uh you know that could possibly come up and stuff like that, and so uh Nac, you know, he's he's been a dog all year. He's he's he's pushed through. He's given us some big starts, and so for him to come up and down that that role is hard, going up and down and and then coming up and having good starts, and so for him to you know, be able to do that consistently, that's that's pretty big.
Speaker 6: Why has Landon Knack been so good?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean he throws strikes, he's not scared of itters, he believes in his stuff. He's really confident. Yeah, and like I said, he's a dog and he just loves to get people out.
Speaker 6: Sounds like you're describing Gavin Stone.
Speaker 11: I think that's the Dodger mentality.
Speaker 9: Basically, that's how they that's how they brought us up, I guess, but yeah, I mean, it's been a lot of fun to come up with those two guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time, and we're all pulling for you. You talk about you're describing these other guys as being great people, great family people. That's who Gavin Stone is and certainly La is rooting for the best for you. And if you need me to stand in when you play catch that first time, let me know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll play catch with you day you can stand it in.
Speaker 6: I love it, love it. Thanks a lot for the time, and thank you again for bailing me out one more time this.
Speaker 11: Season anytime, Dave anything for you there.
Speaker 6: He is the best. Gavin Stone. We're all pulling for him. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dodger fans hoping he can come back and be a part of this rotation come October. Dodgers Baseball Brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, and it's Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday Dodgers in Miami to take on the Marlins coming out next.
Speaker 4: We'll dip deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers audio note Boom.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long, leading.
Speaker 3: Up to Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. First pitch in this series opener set for three forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup or is.
Speaker 2: It a boy?
Speaker 3: Your Southern California and Toyota dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See you're a Toyota dealer today they make it easy. Darren mckackin on the mound for the Miami Marlins, twenty eight year old right hander out of Southern California. Yes, Los Alamitos High school. Then he went to Long Beach State, where he was a reliever and one of the best pitchers in the conference. Twelfth round pick of the Mariners back in twenty seventeen, He's pitched in four season the big leagues. Kind of up and down though, from Triple A to the big leagues. He throws a sinker, a sweeper, a fastball. He started the season with the Marlins, then he was traded to the Guardians, where he was then released, and then came back to the Marlins and he's become a starter for them. He's making his fourth start this season, ninth appearance. In his last outing against the Washington Nationals, he matched a career high five innings pitched. He allowed three runs on six hits, struck out one, but not factor in the decision. Bobby Miller on the mound two and four then eight seventeen ERA, twenty five year old right hander, first round pick out of Louisville in twenty twenty, making his thirteen start eight He's been an up and down year for Bobby Miller, and hopefully he's going to get to the uppart here down the stretch. Last time out four to third innings against the Cubs gave up six runs, five hits, two home runs, four walks, struck out two and did not factor in the decision. This is his face time, first time facing the Marlins. Bobby Miller Darren mccackin the pitching matchup Dodgers Marlin is a series opener from Miami.
Speaker 4: We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. Bobby Miller and Darren mccackin the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is broughtchy by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot com or stop in a LA area Speedy Cash store. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim never guys.
Speaker 5: Dam thank you again. Rufe closed here in Miami, so the conditions are controlled for this game tonight. As Bobby Miller will take the hill for the Dodgers two and four in an eight seventeen Era, making his thirteenth start since coming back from TRIPLEA on the seventeenth of August. Is he has been up there eight twenty eight He's allowed twenty three earned runs and twenty five innings pitched ten home runs in that time, and he's got to keep the ball in the ballpark. That's one of the things about Bobby is he has eleven straight appearances in the Big leagues where he has given up one or more home runs. That ties a Dodger franchise record with Rick Roadin back in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the second highest this year for home runs consecutive outings is seven. But for Bobby Miller, one are the areas also first pitching hitters put it into play. It's the four to sixty four Banning average again, so it kind of goes hand in hand with what you're talking about. Since his return against the fastball, for Bobby Miller throwing strikes, he has not had very many swings and misses because the breaking ball in particular has not been thrown consistently for strikes.
Speaker 5: Has mom opponent Tonight, young Darren mckackin out of Long Beach State Los Salamido's product, and of course a Southern California and a Dodger fan growing up pitching in the Big West Conference with the dirt Bags of Long Beach State, two time Big West Pitcher of the Year, so he gets his chance to pitch tonight against his hometown team.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The other part too is look for slider. He throws it over a third percentage of the times that he's out there. All three starts have been this month in September and trying to low an era. It's over seven right now.
Speaker 5: Darren mccackin for the Marlins. For the Dodgers, it's Bobby Miller. That's the pitching matchup as we get set for this one, tim.
Speaker 4: All right, Dodgers and Marlins coming up.
Speaker 3: Dodgers start the night in eighty nineteen sixty one, three and a half games up on the Padres in the Division. Padres home later tonight against the Houston Ashhrows. Six games up on the Diamondbacks Arizona. They're in actions in Colorado coming up in a couple hours as well. The Dodgers two games up on the Brewers for the second overall spot, and then nationally, the magic number is nine, which twelve to go. First Pitch is next Dodger fans and hasher and listening experience. Download the iHeartRadio app right now listen to HD. It's all powered by Lacre healthwayan All Angelinos la care dot org. First Benches Next, I'm Tim Kates. Has been Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowhe