Speaker 1: It's weird. It's weird.
Speaker 2: So you just you know, one thing through one board, even though ultimately the end product all sounds the same to you. That is night and day from my greens. I'm in back of the Raleigh studio today. But yeah, yeah, buddy. So last night we had our we had our listener event, a little little bourbon tasting action, the Triangle version. We did the Triad thing on Tuesday. Wednesday, I also had a thing that was more of a client So I am, what a week, man, what a week? And once again, although I handle this like a pro, once again to you and a time, what do you think they want to ask about? Where's Ross? Why can't Ross be here? Can't he come here and not watch the bills that I'm And that was the exact question, and I said no. I said, if he is at work then and it's work making them not watch it. But if you've committed to not watch it and you do it in your own free time, that's commitment. And the dude went, you know, it makes sense. So handled handled that one, and that's the extent that we're going to talk about it. So with that in mine, thank you to every Sorry, I just thought it was really funny. He's like, I never looked at it like that, and I'm like, no, that's what's uh. Yeah, if somebody takes something from you or you give it to somebody, those are two totally different things. One is magnanimous and one is not so much. So anyway, no, thank you everyone for coming out. We dude, I am constantly when you think when you work in talk radio, they pound into your head. Men age twenty five to fifty four, right, this is how we break demographics down in the world of media. Men twenty five to fifty four and men thirty five sixty four are the two key demographics that traditionally talk radio has excelled in a lot. Without getting into our numbers, because I was doing a rundown with our boss yesterday, so I know what they actually look like. All you have to do is go to one of our events. Man, you have people of all walks of life, socioeconomically, you got I heard more and maybe it's just the triangle now. I heard more accents ranging from Jersey to a t You know what is clearly a North Carolina native accent, which you don't hear as many is as you did.
Speaker 1: Ten years ago, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: To uh, what was the what was there was a really horrible one too, like almost indiscernible what they were saying, had had trouble with ours and stuff.
Speaker 1: Roger, you ever heard an accent.
Speaker 3: Like that I have and this thing like I like start to throw up out of like, yes, yes, it's bad when it happens in public. Is I don't mean to vomit on people, It tends to happen. I'm it's just a physical reaction to that accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even want I would imitate it for you, but some of you were probably eating. But let's just say it's the accent of somebody who would park their vehicle in a prestigious university's central gathering area. I don't want to say any of the words. So anyway, that dude was there and then all the bourbon was gone. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: So I no, I had never met Boston Paul in person. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I know he came to Lincoln. He came to like Lincoln's party, didn't he Yeah a long time ago. Yeah, yeah, he was like he was trying to remember when it was and I'm like, yeah, probably was like three or something.
Speaker 3: And he brought a badass gift too. It was like a remote control like police car with flashing lights and stuff. Did I still have it?
Speaker 1: You have real guns?
Speaker 3: Or that was a I mean you could modify it that way, right, right, right right, okay, way you got a police saw the police car.
Speaker 1: You saw those drums? I bought him right? Those were misplaced somehow? Yeah, you know, how do you misplace a drum? Share how that? I think it was a prowler.
Speaker 2: A prowler broke in and stole a professional level child's drums, I believe.
Speaker 1: So that's just not safe. You know what you need?
Speaker 2: You need more of those police light things we were talking about this morning. I I so I ran up to Normally, if I'm going to go to the gas station from around the studio in the morning, I just go to the one across literally across Capital over there, pop in at what I need. But sometimes the dudes got it locked because he's in there stocking drinks and stuff. So I'm like, all right, I'm going to head up to the old sheets up there off of Green Road. And it stands out to you as you're traversing the roadways in a non traditional matter because for some reason they got Atlantic over here shut off, so I can't go up. I can go up, I can't go down Atlantic because there's a portal to the center of the Earth in the road over here. I'm assuming that's what it is. Right, are you found gold or you're in are you're you're putting one of those elevators in like the updated total recall.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're doing over there, So I go up Ross.
Speaker 2: You saw the sinkhole, right, it was fixed this morning? Oh it is, folc. I didn't even bother said, yesterday was such a pain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I avoid Capital because Capital, So I like taking the scenic row, as my dad would say, and I'd take it down Atlantic. And I was preparing to go with their detour and right because yesterday was closed right right away home, I'm driving back, Like the drive back home. That lane was open right, yeah, northbound was fine. Southbound, yeah, I'm driving. And then that left hand lane like I've never seen so many white pickup construction trucks with flashing lights. And there was the biggest hole I've ever seen in the road.
Speaker 2: You know, there's something good in there has to be if there's that many people gathered around a hole, very special.
Speaker 1: What if it's like that.
Speaker 2: Volcano in that movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones. We're one day in the middle of Libra. It's like we're just gonna put a volcano here, which I've heard. I've heard that doesn't work like that from a science standpoint, but I'm not a scientist or whatever. But driving in today, man, it was patched up perfectly. Oh good, Okay, I still don't know if I drive over it. The day after I was.
Speaker 3: Feeling sort of like iffy driving over Yeah, I'm like, but worst case scenario, I fall in the giant hole and then I know i't have to go into work because my stomach is feeling kind of rough.
Speaker 2: So but now you're in the bottom of a giant hole, it'll be fine, Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you guys have noticed these.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming I I And by the way, I don't want to assume as my final answer, So if somebody from PD wants to call or or text me or whatever, the answer to this, I am.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: So there's these things that look like floodlights that you would see on a construction side. At night, they have a big pole that goes up in the air. It's got a big right ass light that illuminates the entire.
Speaker 1: Area below it.
Speaker 2: It also has blue flashy lights that would look very similar to if ROLLI PD had somebody pulled over and they are in gas station parking lots. They are in shopping center parking lots or the old barbecue joining us up there on Capital, the you know, the the other gas stations along Capital. I'm assuming and correct me if I'm wrong. Those are Those are dirt bag repellents. Those are scumbag don't park here and do scumbaggery repellents?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm wrong, because why else would you in the middle of the night turn it into daytime and all of these parking lots the.
Speaker 3: Same way going down Atlantic once again, and there's like a old there's like a night club there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in this strip mall.
Speaker 2: I know that exactly the one you're talking about, because one of our stations was going to do a promotion over there one day and they had a shooting like two days before, and I understand we didn't do the promotions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they set those up a while ago so that you would drive and you see them from a distance. From a distance, you see the blue flashing lights right, like, oh, maybe that's a cop because you see it from far away, so you know, the typical response is to slow down a little bit.
Speaker 1: There not for you, and when you just keep doing your regular speed because ross doesn't speed.
Speaker 3: When you get it right, when you get up there, you're like, oh, that's not a cop. It's a blue flashy land of parking lot. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it serves. I think it's dual purpose.
Speaker 2: I think it won because if it was just the flashy lights, you don't have to illuminate it like daytime, like it's noon, so and the light again, the lights are shining into these parking lots, and so everything you do and there would be seen.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: I'm speculating, and I don't like to do that on the radio, but I'm doing so because I know that I can probably get an answer on this because we got that kind of flex. All right, So are those scumbag repellents? I'm almost one hundred percent sure they are. Anyway, It is a six fifteen CaCO Day radio program.
Speaker 1: We will we will.
Speaker 2: We're going to start the We're gonna start the clock on this fine morn. How long will it take the Harris campaign to come up with a brilliant, a brilliant idea that will almost certainly capture them, capture them the election to not tax overtime hours? When do you think the Harris campaign will unveil their new proposal to not tax overtime hours? And the clock has started, people, The clock is rolling right now.
Speaker 4: I'm also announcing that as part of our additional tax cuts, we will end all taxes on overtime.
Speaker 5: You know what that means?
Speaker 2: All right, there's more to that cut. We will get into it. But so clock's ticking. I say at her, Well, she was in Greensboro and Charlotte yesterday, so the announcer won't come here. I think that's going to be a thing. Uh well, I can't see that. Oh, Jared is Joey?
Speaker 1: What's up? Joey?
Speaker 6: Hey Casee?
Speaker 7: How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 6: What bourbon did you like best? First?
Speaker 2: I think I like I like bourbon. Yeah, they had one with a tequila finish. I don't have it right in front of me, but I'll tell you what it is here when I look it up on the air.
Speaker 6: So have you ever tried Widow Jane?
Speaker 1: I made in Brooklyn? I mean maybe, well that is it bourbon, sir?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, ten years you know.
Speaker 1: I just everyone gets in that argument. They don't realize it. As long as you made in the US, it can be bourbon. So anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yes, especially Brooklyn and Red Hook. You would think nothing but trash would come out of there. But it's good.
Speaker 2: I didn't say, but okay. And moon bats. You've got a lot of moon bats over there in Brooklyn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that that too. And and uh, those things you see around with the lights and stuff, those are the cameras.
Speaker 1: They got them on job sites, they got them all over the place.
Speaker 6: Those are just those are cameras well.
Speaker 2: But why why have they'm illuminated like the sun at five point thirty in the morning.
Speaker 8: Then that's just how they are all day and all night.
Speaker 2: I think I think they I think you're probably right. There's a combination of cameras. Ross is right. It also looks like police from a distance. And I'm right because there's no reason to illuminate a football field worth of a parking lot unless you're trying to deter people from going in there and doing drug deals or whatever else.
Speaker 6: Well, you know that that that doesn't happen at these gas stations and stuff today, that none of that stuff happens. It's I guess that you're hind something new out. You know.
Speaker 2: No, you're probably right, and I shouldn't just see them as he Thanks for the call there, Joey is an indicator that that's probably I don't know, I should probably have your head on a swivel in the general vicinity. I know people, Hey, oh, that's unfair because they're unequally distributed. And you know why do you know why they're in a park at that parking lot up on Capitol across where the Chick fil A is Because there is a far greater chance historically that they will have problems over there versus the parking lot of the target down on High House Road in Kerry. Okay, I don't make the numbers. Those are the numbers, So don't try to make it that thing. It's just you're gonna use you police use their enforcement where they have problems. Well, there's people gathering in parking lots in that target parking lot. You're probably right. Are they then committing crimes? Or are they just sitting there? Because if the folks ought these places up at Capitol, we're just loitering. I don't think they put the effort in. And it's not just Capital, it's elsewhere. And I've actually seen them downtown in a couple places too. So anyway, that's how we choose to start the show. We woke up and shows violence and we'll be right back. So we just talked about that accent, and I have to subject people to it. Okay, whatever, Yes, Boston Paul, I'm glad to see you're not passed out anymore.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: Hey, you know you pulled the best words last night. Man, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: With what I was driving, the big red station vehicle. You that one you're referring to that one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're sitting there, the wife and I were watching the people, you know, walking by and stuff. It was before the event, and it comes this company cab and comes around a corner up on the curb to the wheels.
Speaker 7: I'm like, holy, how get that?
Speaker 8: And didn't you pop up?
Speaker 2: And I didn't pull a Beth Wood. Admittedly, I drove up on the curb. Do you know why I drove up on the curb because they want that station vehicle right out front of the venue the spot they had to cross the street, and it was one of those situations where the guy in front is so far back and they have that pole there that I can't angle in, so, believe it or not, when you're doing that, one of the ways that you can accomplish that is to put your tie the back tire up on the curb and kind of use the curb as a back through.
Speaker 1: And it worked. Did I not park that right up against there?
Speaker 8: I was like packing a cab on and have a yad.
Speaker 2: Right, see what I'm talking about? Oh my gosh, man, people are eating.
Speaker 8: They don't forget to say hey to mention Willow Springs.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll say hi to dude.
Speaker 2: I've met a lot of good people yesterday, like Mitch and Joe.
Speaker 8: Mitch never calls in, but he wanted, he wanted, he wanted to be mentioned.
Speaker 1: That was it. That was That was That's the list of dudes I met that were good dudes. Those two.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, by.
Speaker 2: The way, tell your wife she's an angel. I don't know how she does it.
Speaker 8: So they, uh, did you are you going to the program? Uh today after work? Because you've been drinking all week?
Speaker 1: Then I had my three SIPs.
Speaker 8: You've been drinking all week. You need a sponsor, don't you.
Speaker 2: I sampled, I sampled the I took SIPs of four different bourbons, and I'll tell you what. It didn't agree with me. You know what you can't Boston Paul. You saw me yesterday. You didn't see me six months ago. You know you know I've lost like almost forty pounds. Really, yeah, you know what it helps I if you don't go shovel alcohol in your face all day?
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: On the CaCO Day radio program, Ross is showing me ai of Dave Batista photos.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming no, No, it's actually David Batista. That's him. That's half a David. David Bautista.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the name, if you don't remember who that is. He played Drax in Guardians of the Galaxy. Kind of a big dude. Obviously, Wrestler made that transition. And I had heard that his thing was he didn't want to just be drats all the time.
Speaker 3: Previous Yeah, he said that he wants to be a serious actor. And the guy I can't what is the Guy's the director of Doune Right to Believe? Oh yeah, yeah yeah, oh no, perfect, he said, Dave Batista is actually an amazing actor.
Speaker 1: He's really good.
Speaker 3: So he wants like more dramatic roles and doesn't want to be like the action hero forever. So apparently he went out an all vegan diet and he lost a lot of weight. Okay, down and he looks like a different person, Okay, kind of. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You immediately know it's Dave Batista because while he has slimmed down, his head's the same size. He's got Al Sharpton disease. Remember remember how the Al Sharpton now but his head is still and who who else?
Speaker 1: L Roker?
Speaker 2: Remember Roker when he lost the weight? Drew Carry when he lost the weight. I'm not picking on these guys, and I don't know if it's like a mental trick in my head just from always seeing them, you know, always seeing Drew Carry, Drew Carry show size and Al Sharpton Al Sharpton you know, tracksuit bullhorn size. But the head didn't go down, so obviously, you know, genetically, I guess his body wants to be bigger, because there's no other explanation for why that.
Speaker 1: May be so.
Speaker 2: Any who, So we got got that out there, speaking of very very large dudes that are not anymore.
Speaker 1: That was a really rough segue.
Speaker 2: Now that I think about it, I saw It's funny because it looks like everyone else sent this to you too yesterday, the world's quote most monstrous bodybuilder at Ilalia golum Uh.
Speaker 1: Check your film check.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think I may be able to pronounce that has died at the age of thirty six. This dude looks straight, not real when he's at peak way. I mean, he looks like I used to have and they were not like WWF. I used to have, like the big the They had these wrestlers and they were like rubber wrestlers when they would like stick to each other as you could pretend to do so those you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's what I look at this dude. That's what that dude looks like, or.
Speaker 2: Did look like, before he had a monstrous heart attack at the age of thirty six.
Speaker 3: See for me, the like the way his body looks, it reminds me of the old WWF. Remember the pillows. Do you remember the Yes, I had one, it was the legs and then it was but the upper body was like super square, like yeah yeah, he looks like yeah, they were SpongeBob esque.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes. So then you know, you read this story like, well that's set. I got no beef with the dude. I honestly, I don't know that i'd ever seen him before. Let's see here. But then I'm like, why would a guy who's in peak physical condition have a heart attack at the age of thirty six? So I started exploring the story. Maybe it's a diet related maybe Janetta, I don't know. The athlete allegedly suffered the heart attack at home and fell into a coma. His wife, Anna, supposedly performed chess. How how did his wife Anna?
Speaker 1: That's what that was my thought too, Like, you know, cause with a drillgy come in.
Speaker 2: It's one of those industrial crushing presses, so they have the YouTube channels over.
Speaker 1: I did not see.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's photos of him in the art of his wife in the article.
Speaker 1: I didn't see them.
Speaker 3: I just scroll the story quickly on my phone because I was really curious about his diet. But maybe she's like Starla from Napoleon Dynamite. Okay, remember the female bodybuilder. So maybe she could put enough pressure on his on his chest, you know, to keep it going or whatever. But I otherwise, what are you doing there?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It didn't work really all right?
Speaker 2: Hold, I keep talking, I'm typing in her name. Say something interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they say that, did you already say? They said his diet consisted of sixteen hundred calories per day.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, sixteen six hundred calories per day very which, by the way, this is crazy because once upon it, you know, I love Captain America, Steve Rodgers, And when I started going to the gym and trying to eat right and taking the amount of correct amount of protein every day.
Speaker 3: When I started doing I was like, I wonder how many calories Captain America, after taking this the super serum, would have to consume every single day, right to maintain that physique. And there was actually a medical journal. They actually came out. It was like some official medical journal. They came out and they did a study just for fun, and they were like Captain America would have to like take in like twenty two thousand calories a day. So this dude is almost up to Captain America Steve Rogers status sixteen five hundred calories a day, seven daily meals, including five pounds of steak and more than one hundred pieces of sushi.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like steak and I like sushi. What's that? Is that something wrong with that diet? There's not nearly enough eggs. I talk about this all the time. Yeah, I loves eggs. I've been talk about this all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm not one for self promotion, but in the Hayes for share of Twitch channel, which is the thing I do in the weekends. You should check it out if you're a listener.
Speaker 1: It's fun. We all get together every time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, every you gotta at least start your morning off with twenty eggs. At least twenty eggs every morning. Your wife must hate you.
Speaker 1: Now at least four at least four eggs.
Speaker 2: All right, speaking of wives, Right, I'm sending you a link. I'm sending you a link to a story, and if you stroll down, there's pictures of him and his wife's standing there.
Speaker 1: So I'm want is she like Starla? He emailed it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm sorry. I was doing it on this shed have texted it to you. But all right, so Ross, we were waiting and we're going to solve mystery.
Speaker 1: I'm roberts Deck. Does she look like Starla? Could she do chest compressions on that? Dude? I'm the beast from a Game of throat? No, what is the guy's name from Game of Thrones?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Uh ho?
Speaker 1: Door ho door, Let's see.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see. I'm not seeing her yet. Keep scrolling seeing her. Yeah, it's not gonna cut it. This is not gonna do it. She's one of his arms, right, she looks like one of his snacks, which she probably was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like get in my pocket. She's like, I'm giving him, I'm giving him CPR.
Speaker 3: It was like maybe it was like the Jeffersons, but instead of being on his back, she was just jumping on his chest.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Look and again, I don't want to make light over you know, I'm not making light over the death of it. He's just such a unique different dude that you know, these questions, Uh, these questions come in, man, what is she's So she's a check model by trade, and she's a fitness person.
Speaker 1: I mean, she looks fit. I'll give her that.
Speaker 3: So and of course, you know the speculation on this guy. They're like, well, you know, obviously he worked out a lot. Yeah, but I mean having that kind of like I said, his physique is so great, what's that? Don't know, what's ther something is maybe too much muscle and maybe I don't know, but believe it or not, there's speculations, yes, about the vacs, but also are you sitting down Possibly steroids, Oh I say, possibly steroids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, and it's weird because in the photo where you know, the photo where he's real beefed out that they have in the pictures, it looks crazy, the one where he's standing next to Anna or whatever her name is, Like, he looks big, but he doesn't look as big as he does in those other photos.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure he fluctuated in this article you sent me the first one. This looks like photoshop. It doesn't even look like a real human being.
Speaker 2: The New York Post one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. So but anyway, yeah, there's like I said, we got to got o one but two fitness stories, all right, So everybody's out there in the world of politics or something to say, and some interesting stuff was said. Trump uh Kamala was uh doing uh doing her.
Speaker 1: Things the debate.
Speaker 11: He has no plan to replace it.
Speaker 10: He said, consuts of a plan.
Speaker 1: You should get hazard.
Speaker 2: What do we You know we give troops when they're in a war zone, they get extra pay, you know that, right, you should get that.
Speaker 1: Having to dub this crap in, man.
Speaker 3: Dude, that is rough, you know, the whole thing where like there's rumors that there was shenanigans between ABC, you know, the questions and having the questions in advance, and yeah, at first I'm like that, I don't know about that, but then you hear audio like this, and I'm like, dude, it had to be rigged. They had to have given her the questions and she had to have them ready to go because you see her when she's in like situations like this, and just play that again, just listen. I don't wanna. Yeah, I know it's it's torturous, all right, hold on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna all right, I'm gonna hit the button and then I'm gonna dive under my board here every what he said in.
Speaker 11: The debate, he has no plan to replace it.
Speaker 10: He said, he said concepts of Alan.
Speaker 1: PTSD is that same person. That's the same person, isn't it.
Speaker 2: At the end there pgsj oh like, that's Kamala.
Speaker 1: Oh. I don't want to play that again, but I'm gonna have to later in the show. Oh Man. Yeah, So we'll get into the ABC story.
Speaker 2: And also I hate that the person out here promising me the dirt on Secret Service is Democrat Bloomenthal because now I assume it's far worse and he's going to cover it up. That's my level of paranoia this morning. As we get into all of this, we'll tell you what the senator, the senator, the Democrat senator who is one of the biggest scumbags is the dude from Connecticut. No, not the one with the private whites only beach club, the one who lied about him. Remember he lied and said he was in Vietnam. That Richard, that Bloomenthal, that Senator Blumenthal, which, by the way, you know, how do you assume people can fact check that. I remember what was like ten years ago when he got busted for it. He's still in the Senate, So do the math. That guy. He's got some thoughts on Secret Service. We'll get to all of it coming up. Hang on phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So Senator Bloomenthal faked being a Vietnam Vet. That dude, he just came out and he is on one of the committees that he is doing the investigation, obviously with the Secret Service, but he's also he's also a guy I don't trust as far as I could throw him, however he was. They caught him in the hallway yesterday, stuck a mic in his face, and he said this.
Speaker 12: Shocked, astonished and appalled by what we will report to them is about the failures kind of Secret Service in this assassination account the former president. But I think they also ought to be appalled, astonished by the failure of the Department Homeland's Security to be more forthcoming, to be as candid and frank as it should be to them in terms of providing information. And we are going to absolutely insist on the truth, in the whole truth, in documents and testimony as members of the United States Senate, but also as citizens.
Speaker 1: What did you learn new today when you said I'm not.
Speaker 12: Going to go into what we have learned in specifics I'm giving you my reaction, and we will have a report very very soon that I think will absolutely shock the American people or should about the lapses and lags in the protection that was afforded that day.
Speaker 2: All right, Look, I'd love to take him at face value. I would point a couple of things out though. Blumenthal is arguably one of the most important people. I hate saying that word next to this guy's name, but he's one of only a handful of people who are in a position to make departments stop this this part where they don't think that they answer to anybody. They don't want to go out and provide accountability to anybody. They you know, they want to sit there and have contentious interviews where they tell us, where they tell us that the the Secret Service directors tell us we're looking into it.
Speaker 1: We're not going to tell you anything. I'm not going to answer that. Screw you.
Speaker 2: Homeland Security also sitting there and of that opinion. And remember part of the the detail, I guess part of the detail there that was guarding the president was fill In, who had received and we talked about this a two hour training video how to protect the President one oh one Now granted they're not let me be let me be fair, those are not the people that they're going to have is the body, you know, the body people for the former president. They're going to be more in ancillary roles, but they're part of the show of force. They're part of the contingent. They're part of the protection detail. And some would say, considering the sheer the sheer number of Secret Service agents, how you know how many agents do you think there are that are Secret Service agent?
Speaker 1: Now, they a lot. The agents do a lot of different stuff.
Speaker 2: Obviously there's Secret Service agents that are that are more on the monetary side, right, and they're handling counterfeit currency and various things like that. There's a lot of other little nitpicky things that they do. So it is a slice of agents that handle the actual standing next to the president.
Speaker 1: I'll take the.
Speaker 2: Bullet, but when you got to go dip into another department to get people over there, maybe your bench isn't deep enough. But being able to answer this stuff is something that needs to happen. And so when you're saying we're going to insist no with this keeps happening, you need to be beyond assist. You need to be in a position where you're like, look, you don't want to cooperate with us. How about there's not an office for you to go to cause we're not going to fund it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't not fund homeland security.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I'm alive now and was alive before the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 1: Ross you remember that? Remember how remember.
Speaker 2: I was mad Max and then you know, in two thousand and two we're like, hey, let's get a Department of Homeland Security and then everything was perfect. No, of course you don't remember it being that way because it was isn't that way? So you need to be able to go and say, I'm not insisting anymore. You're going to be straight. I'm going to see every one of those documents, and if you give me any lip, you're not going to work here anymore. That's what you have to do. And so that's why when I hear things like that, and it's not just Democrats, I'll here republic getting to the bottom of it. So somebody tried to murder the former president. The news cycle, the news cycle where it was an a position story among the networks.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many days.
Speaker 2: That lasted before each of the of the four main networks decided it wasn't an a rotate story anymore. For at least one newscast ten ten a week and a half where it was top of mind, it was still included, but it wasn't one of their one of their AA position stories, basically their their main stories. They had a little follow up stuff on it ten days. How many of you were alive when they shot Reagan? Did everyone stop talking about it after ten days?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I do you want to weigh in on anything? Please do?
Speaker 2: And now we're gonna get Lisa's holding. We're going to get into this topic right now. So ABC former advisor to the Clintons doesn't seem to think the ABC debate was on the up and up. Mark Penn called Thursday for ABC to probe to see if there was some effort at quote rigging the outcome of this debate. No, there's different ways and different allegations that are out there, and they don't all necessarily have to be true.
Speaker 1: None of them may be true.
Speaker 2: But there's the Donna Brazil method where Donna sends a question to the Clintons, then another, and then a third, and then it first lies about it and then parts ways amicably with CNN and it's totally not connected. And then when asked about it after says that she's glad she did it and she'd do it again because it's her activist heart, I believe, is what she said. And so you have somebody remember she was a DNC official too, she was head of the DNC at the time. It was the activist heart that did it. So with that in mind, is there an activist heart beating somewhere at ABC who handed the questions to Kamala because and why most people speculate is she was just too polished on a lot of these. The other side is they didn't give her the questions, but they gave her the easiest path possible during the debate. Gave her the easiest path possible during the debate, and by not fact checking her when she was clearly if you're going to do it, you need to do it evenly fact checking her opponent inaccurately. Like the crime statistics, you know, using using the FBI numbers versus the actual crime survey, which is a legitimate set of stats used by both parties when it suits them because it includes victim reporting. So fbis look at cases that are reported. They rely on local law enforcement agencies to report these numbers, six thousands of which have chosen not to report the numbers to the FBI. So you have six thousand municipalities and law enforcement agencies in the United States, and many of them are deep blue cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it comes down to like thirty seven percent of no longer reporting. And that's like from cities like Chicago, LA, and New York City. I hear they have a lot of people in those cities. Would you look that up real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me check.
Speaker 2: They do, yes, Oh wow, but like a lot, but not as many as Raleigh, right, oh my god, a lot more oh like Greensboro, Like not as many as Greensboro.
Speaker 1: More than rally in Greensboro combined, but not Charlotte. Seriously. Yeah, you can add that interview.
Speaker 2: But not the state of North Carolina. And they're ten plus million people, like, not more than that, right, I am, it gets great?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez.
Speaker 2: So the other stats include victims, right, so it's a combination. They go and they get those, but in municipalities that don't report, they're looking for crime victims. And you can do that by searching. You're ready for this, dun da da dun court cases, so you have official records for this.
Speaker 1: What are people charged with? Committee?
Speaker 2: All right, So Chicago's not going to tell me how many murders there were, how many murderers were prosecuted, And it's going to be a combination of that as well as people who have who have filed reports or part of a report that are gathered by other agencies. So you know, a lot of crimes, a lot of different things do work their way across agency and now they're pulling numbers from there. Those are far more accurate. And when you look at those numbers, it's pretty damn clear.
Speaker 1: Crime is not. It didn't just go away.
Speaker 2: Okay, So with that in mind, if you're not going to get that is a way of rigging it as well. And you know what, people go, Oh, you're being a conspiracy theorist?
Speaker 5: Am I?
Speaker 2: After I've watched it, not just the debate, I've watched an actual example play out in almost this exact scenario, involving involving people who still work within these networks. It wasn't just Donna Brazil doing this stuff, right, because that email change has other people has other people, and the head of ABC News is Kamala's buddy, her sorority sister, and you know when you've done you know, when you've done pillow fights with somebody, uh later down the road and your professional I'm assuming that's all they do at sororities, So I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was right.
Speaker 3: The head of any ABC actually introduced Kamala to her husband, but it was the moderator of the debate.
Speaker 1: They were the moderator. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It's her sorority sister, but she's also friends with the woman who runs ABC News.
Speaker 1: She introduced her to her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, excuse excuse me, thank you. Yeah, I want to be accurate here, but it's the point is the same.
Speaker 1: No, it's doubly the same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Once you pillow fight with somebody, they're in your corner road.
Speaker 1: So we just added another person to the pillow fight. Yeah. Three of them in there now, jumping up and down their cameras, do we Okay? All right? What what it's slow motion? Oh? But not not. I don't want them. I mean, let's go with current.
Speaker 2: Willie be you know you need it from her. Willie Brown's Daughter's day a daughter days. Did we play that audio? Yes, I don't think we did. You see this video of the crew. Let me grab this call while Ross finds that Lisa, thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, as you watch that and you think about how Donna Brazil did and all, and I finally decided that I think that the Harris campaign gave them the question. They didn't want to take a chance, so they didn't want to take a chance on doing it the other way around. But it was it was too fluid. That we've seen Kamala for three and a half years. We've seen her. We know how she I don't care how much practice you give her. She can't look. She put her headphones in the move from a from an suv to an airplane. She won't say a damn word.
Speaker 2: Very She's on a very important call, except her phone isn't making a call.
Speaker 13: So yeah, exactly, and there's uh yeah, I'll never believe it.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, So all right, well, thank you very much, Lisa. So Lisa's way, she's out of the third rail. And I would say, to some extent, Lee, Lisa's right, but for different reasons, because when you're the moderators putting the questions together, you hear you have the luxury of the statements that have been made by the candidates where they've identified what their big issues are. You have that information and so when you go ahead and plug that information in when you're putting the questions together, you can hone in on spots where you think a candidate is going to it's going to be beneficial.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So when you're putting questions together and you know it goes to the questions to go to one and then the other and then the other. So the first question you ask is Donald Trump, when did you stop beating your wife? And then the next question is Kama is it hard being so awesome? Or versions thereof. That's putting your finger on the scale as well. Avoiding stuff where a candidate may have problems is putting your finger on the on the scale as well. If you're going to if you're going to choose to strictly go to issues and not quote unquote scandals or problems, then you have to do it.
Speaker 1: You have to do it equally.
Speaker 2: And some would say, well, what if one candidate has got a bunch of scandals and the other one doesn't I'm telling you, I haven't seen a race where I couldn't come up with a quote unquote scandal or a problem or a rough spot in the road, or however you want to describe it for each of the candidates. You show me a race where you have a perfect angel running, you know, where it's literally Jesus running against Satan, and then will entertain the possibility that you are your hands are tied. You have to go this route that doesn't exist. It doesn't exist with these two. It didn't exist with Hillary and the Donna Brazil stuff back in the day. So don't give me that garbage seven point fifteen. Oh wait, hold on, we did find it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there's this video from I.
Speaker 2: Guess the nineties and they're doing you know, they're talking about Willie Brown. He's a big yeah, he's very he's like he's like one of those early celebrity politicians. Right, he's out partying, he's got women, he's got he's always you know, he's always at fundraiser, he's got a drink in his hand, doing his thing, which is you know, and they're doing a profile on that, and there's this awkward moment where Kamala is standing there next to him, and listen to the reporter.
Speaker 14: He's a rogue, all right, notorious for his flamboyant lifestyle, flashy clothes, fancy parties, fine women, and fast car.
Speaker 2: You notice she didn't laugh there, She just made a face. Are you his daughter? No, I'm not, which makes her feel bad and makes him feel awesome. If I could just give you the guy perspective on that. He didn't really react to it, but if he heard anyway, Yeah, he's like the Shannon Sharp of mid nineties. You guys follow that Shannon Sharp thing. You guys know what that is. I like his answer.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, listen the audio that came out of me off camera.
Speaker 1: Oh what happened? Eating fifty seven pounds of olive garden? That was?
Speaker 2: That's what that was. Yeah, that was that was chicken alfredo. It sounded like correct spaghetti Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Some people were saying it was hackedor is a I know it was real and it was amazing.
Speaker 2: So Shannon Shannon Sharp had his ig lives Instagram live on. You can't see anything, and he's he's obviously in the boudoir with a with a young woman there.
Speaker 1: I did I did.
Speaker 2: I did search up some photos of her because I like to have all the information i'm working with. All right, I get it, okay, And he puts the phone down, and the phone is like facing the table, so you just see the wood of something. I don't I know it must be on a stand because there's a lot of light, but whatever, or maybe that's the ceiling.
Speaker 1: But the point is then yeah, here the act.
Speaker 2: And the and you know it's the act because it's not just it doesn't just sound like pasta. It would sound it would sound like ross if he was.
Speaker 3: Like, if you were really enjoying the pasta, yeah, really enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Uh, but but you would have to also hear Ross randomly yell stuff to the pasta of a very lewd nature, like yeah, daddy's here, right, Which have you ever said that to your pasta?
Speaker 1: All to you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You announce, You're just.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, daddy's here, you're mine now, okay, so that's good.
Speaker 1: Where did you get fired?
Speaker 2: Oh no, we're talking about pasta. What to go to Olive Garden to celebrate? Yeah, yeah, it's just pasta calmed down people. Look how long that that iss?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Oh it's all oily, what so, but so that happened.
Speaker 2: And then he goes on, uh, I didn't even know whose show it was yesterday, and he's like that, you know what that is? That's me being our healthy man. And you know what, yes it is. He's not doing anything. He's not doing anything crazy. It's not it's not an r Kelly situation. Right, He's like, what'd you study today in uh in science class?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's two grown people. It probably probably was drinking something. I didn't think it was funny because he's being interviewed and Ocho Cinco is also there and he starts he starts knocking on him over his cardio, which I thought was funny.
Speaker 1: But he's like, I'm just I'm a man and I do man stuff.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Still, when you're in a when you're in that situation, you kind of want to make sure you're not streaming it live.
Speaker 1: But that's that's a whole crazy thing. Anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna go pack all my stuff out of my desk. Seven twenty. I might see in a few minutes. You have governments you and you should ask yourself what they're so scared of you? Have governments all around the world that are seemingly inspired by one of the giant social media companies falling out of line.
Speaker 1: Right, they fell out of line. They had a hand one, they had them under control.
Speaker 2: You watch what that control looks like, or look like with Hunter's laptop and with a variety of other things. And then during the COVID era and government realized and they can say it's all for pures driven snow reasons like it was day. It was so dangerous we had to do something. Don't believe it for a minute. Don't believe that for a minute. It was un controllable is the problem that they ran into. And so Australia who was Remember they were the ogs of kicking in people's doors over Facebook posts even before the UK started to ramp up their current efforts.
Speaker 1: You remember those.
Speaker 2: Amazing videos were some guys like there's one where a guy he lives. I guess he must live on the second floor. It must be a house that's split or whatever. And they're like, you need to come down, sir. You're going to Joe, what did I do well? You posted on Facebook something?
Speaker 1: And he's laughing at them. They're like, this is no joke, sir.
Speaker 2: They and they they went and took that dude out of his house over a Facebook post that was Australia.
Speaker 1: They did it to a pregnant woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, he are the same guys that were building camps pro tip, okay, pro tip and evaluating the fascistic nature of your government? Are they building camps? And I don't mean with row boats and archery ranges where we blows go to, you know, add to their merit badges and you can define those camps are Is this security on the round the camp meant to keep people in or out?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Let me here, let me give you my thought on it. And I'm not trying to be a jerk about this. But if there are searchably visible, stand out noticeable earrings that are also a receiver, but not one that seats in your ear so feasibly people in your proximity could hear it, and it also looks like the product, I don't for a minute think that you would wear those. Would you wear some earrings that are similar because the product with the earpiece is trying to mirror ear rings themselves right when they manufacture their product, even though it's they're a little bulky looking that.
Speaker 1: Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Do you see what I'm saying, Like, if you were going to cheat with an earpiece, you're not going to cheat with an earpiece that looks like but not exactly like if you actually look at it, a thing that somebody could google in five seconds, that would also audibly be noticeable to people who got within a certain proximity of her, and would have the possibility of.
Speaker 1: Even being picked up on the mic.
Speaker 2: So I, as much as I enjoy the conspiracy theories, I have seen nothing that would convince me that that's true, because it would be so incompetent. And yes, it's easy. Well they're obviously they're They're not that incompetent. Getting busted with those earrings, if they actually were, would be a really big deal.
Speaker 3: I guess the manufacturer of the earrings she was wearing came out, I don't know if it's yesterday, and he said, hey, these are our product.
Speaker 2: You can buy them here, and they're and I sigh, and see the manufacturer said that, But I saw somebody who showed it product listing for the earrings she was wearing, and it's clearly that not the other thing.
Speaker 1: So, but you know what, who knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe aliens are embedded in her head telling her what to do and they don't know how to act like a humanbody.
Speaker 11: Said in the debate, he has no plan to replace it.
Speaker 10: He said, concepts of right.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the the the the dudes, or I guess the dudes. Also the women from Galaxy Quest with the U with the uh, the you know, the black Shirts. That's a good movie. If you haven't seen Galaxy, you should watch that. Maybe it's them where they're trying to fit in, but clearly they're not.
Speaker 1: You know, you're like, it sums up here?
Speaker 2: What's subs up with these cats right here with your turtlenecks and summer.
Speaker 3: And don't they I love that movie. But they sort of speak when they're when they don't have they're like a human language translator in it, and it's like you see what they're really sounding and they're like.
Speaker 11: PTSD.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, what does that translate to? And whatever their language is? How you doing?
Speaker 1: My name is Frank. You know, I don't know, I don't speak whatever. That ish? What ass? What a mess? What a mess? What a mess? Dude? You know who's killing it?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Other than Shannon Sharp. You know who's killing it? Some dude over at the Durham jail.
Speaker 1: Just slaying it. Just listen.
Speaker 3: If you're in your you know, your early twenties, yeah, late teens, and you're just you're looking for maybe some action this weekend. Yeah, all right, you know some guys listening? Yeah, And where's the hottest club in town? Where should you go?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 2: How do you where do you find? I don't know the answer isnticipated? Is it Starbar? Or is that where you go in? People's try to make you be arrested in Durham. Oh okay, so your advice is to go get arrested in Durham. But ross if I got arrested in Durham and I'm a dude, wouldn't I just be put into a locker for secure facility with cameras and procedures with a bunch of other dudes? What if I want straight? You know, I want to I want to find me a lady. I mean that wouldn't work out?
Speaker 1: What it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I stand by my Oh your advice.
Speaker 2: There so two detention officers, Well, actually wait, are they both detention? I know one of them is listed. No, it's a contract vendor. That's even worse because you did. Because in my mind then I think the detention officers like, yo, you gotta try this, go to sell to thirty seven, have fun, right, I don't know what's going on a detention officer, Jade Shanisia? Is that how you pronounce that? Jade Shanisia. Lenika Robinson, yeah, four names, was arrested for violating North Carolina law prohibiting sexual activity by person who has custody.
Speaker 1: That's so bad.
Speaker 2: Has had a police officer just text me, he goes, Actually they roofie you first over it's the bar I mentioned. Jeez, there's a backstory there. I'll dig into that on my own time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so anyway, so yeah, basically hooking up with the inmates.
Speaker 1: You can't hook up with the inmates. I know. I don't make the rules.
Speaker 2: But then it wasn't just once then like here comes and and I don't know, it would be better if the if the the the officer in her in the investigation, you know, tattled on this friend or if this dude the deal independently twice with severely hampered game. Right, This isn't just oh I live with my mom, this is this is where do you live in the jail? All right, we'll find a way to work around this. The office did not release the name of the inmate. I bet he's ticked.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's me. That's me.
Speaker 2: The other inmate's like, that's not you, shut up.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's me. They won't put my name in there. But that's straight up me just dudes bragging to dudes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: They did not release the name of the person.
Speaker 2: However, the person is charged with sexual activity by a person having custody of a victim of a victim in a government institution, which is a class he feld, wait a second, So okay, so that's the second the story is weird? Is weirdly worded? Did the inmate get charged?
Speaker 1: Was anything?
Speaker 2: I mean, there may be administrats. Is probably administrative punishment, right, do you have a hole over? I'm assuming you have a segregation, administrative segregation something. It's just any most channels do. So that's probably his punishment. And he's probably sitting in there by himself for the next twenty three hours before he gets a yard, you know, an hour outside of his cell going worth it, worth it? But yeah, you can't do that unless you're using unless you're doing it to start your only fans apparently.
Speaker 1: I know if you saw this.
Speaker 2: This happened over in the UK with some OnlyFans chick who's a detention officer, and they made a video which is on the internet.
Speaker 1: Just saying it's.
Speaker 3: Even weirder because if you're to research that story, which I did.
Speaker 1: Go good get for the show. For the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So her and her husband were into like making videos before she got the job at the detention center in the UK, and then she got the job, so it's like, did she get the job just so she could make the video fight yeah?
Speaker 2: Or was she working at the detention center and she's like, I'm not making enough money.
Speaker 1: I got to do something.
Speaker 2: I believe that that was one hundred percent intentional though, right, regardless of what chicking her the egg there, that was about it because and then what's crazy in the video is it's a two person sell, but she's only hooking up with one. The other dude is filming and smoking a blunt, smoking marijuana filming. They everybody shows everybody's faces, right, it's if you're a prosecutor, it's the it's right.
Speaker 1: So it's awesome evidence for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you're there, like, if you're her, you're like, I'm going to do this just to get fired because it's just for content for my website.
Speaker 1: And I bet I haven't seen her only fan.
Speaker 2: I bet if you looked at it before and after she we got some subscribers and all she had to do was get fired and pay. I think they'll probably pay a fine. I remember that it's not even it's not even a huge charge in the UK. But I don't know classy felony here. I don't know what that's comparable to.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Seven forty four, let's get race stagic from the Weather Channel. He's doing race stagic stuff. And we had a listener event yesterday and I do a Q and A and uh, you know, Ry, there's question about Ross that's pretty top.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked about you.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, they wanted to know if you're really a giant, And I told them that if you want to know if raise a giant when there's really bad weather, occasionally you'll catch them doing you know, doing the TV. And look when he's doing it in the Weather Channel broadcast facility, it looks like Joe Biden at that kid's desk the other day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you put me up against some of the other mediaorologists standing side by something.
Speaker 1: You got two little women that are alway out there. I'm just like, yeah, Ray, which which ones your coworkers could you take in a fight?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you say that again without me in a runting? So we have the audio?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all of them?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, it's on.
Speaker 5: I'm I do.
Speaker 1: I'm sending a mass email. Okay, yeah, you watch out. Well, yeah, it's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's certainly not the I always used to say that I really don't fit the profile, not only from you know.
Speaker 5: I mean there are some guys that are.
Speaker 7: As big as me, right, but all the other stuff, like you know, background and the likes and dislikes, and I don't know, I just think a little bit different. But yeah, I could take them all whatever. I could probably take a couple of them. At the same time, what.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do when you're a three hundred million dollars dude gets a concussion so bad that I TUA did last night, he's probably out of the NFL.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah to it is. I saw that and they got spend pretty good concussion.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel for the dude. Man loves doing this. But it's like some people. Yeah, just when you get hit, I guess you can cuss easier because he was he was doing he was doing sign language on the field.
Speaker 1: That's never good.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's not Yeah, definitely not good. But what am I gonna do?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: I don't know, Cooper Rush won't be long. We'll be drafting somebody.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be here Monday?
Speaker 5: I will be here.
Speaker 1: I have at one o'clock game, so you have no excuse.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't have any excuse, Believe it or not. I will be elsewhere, but we're giving it a shot from Uh, from the Great Hudson Valley of New York State, where I've got to set up. I'm going to stay with dad since mom's going to France. I don't know why she's got to go to France and Dad's not in the greatest of health. Make a long story short project spend some time there, but I will be remote from there.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, so you'll try that out forward to that technical disaster.
Speaker 5: So no, no, we'll be good our.
Speaker 1: End, it'll be in your equipment, so be on.
Speaker 5: Our ends anyway.
Speaker 7: Weatherwise, got some rain showers that have already come in, a little thunder too around the triangle and getting into and close to Rocky Mountain just west of that, and they're coming in from the east, so near Wake Forest some heavier showers. You go west out near the triad, Winston Sound, Greensboro less and cut off Alamance up to Caswell, Chatham Counties points west of that. Less rain more from about that point east, and we'll keep the scattered showers around and bedded thunderstorms as we go through today. Again less of a chance as you go west and especially into the mountains seventies maybe mid upper seventies to near eighty. And then as we get into the weekend, a lot of clouds and some spotty showers here and there, maybe a thundershower. So a little aggressive on the rain this morning, be honest with you, didn't think we'd have this much coming in this soon, but it's here, so about to deal with it, and we will.
Speaker 5: So we'll watch for top of them side do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for lit pressure potentially develop off the coast next week, so we'll talk about that if it does happen. But either way, I got this front kind of hanging around little unsettled even early next week. So it's not all bad. I think the week it'll be okay, not great, but not terrible either, not a complete washout.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thank you for that, appreciate it. We'll talk in an hour, Sir Ross. I've just laid eyes on the most horrific email of the morning, and it has to do with the Kamala cheating thing, and I will share it with all of you, so it's not just my brain haunted. Next here on the Cacoday Radio program, We've got lots to get into this week. Holy hell, we get the debate. We have what the North Carolina legislature is doing. We have the absolute filthy line that the media is doing about how see, they're playing fast and loose with the defunding schools thing because the opportunity scholarships were part of the bill that was passed, and they were implying that as a result, each of these kids is going to get less money, right, But that's not the reality of it. The reality is that the cost per pupil spending that the state does now remember, North Carolina is a little weird or I guess different than other states because in a lot of states, the per people funding comes from the state and is strictly from the state, with the exception of local bond referendums, where as in North Carolina there isn't allotted amount, and then local counties and school districts they can supplement those numbers. And so if you're in a more populous you know, if you're in a bigger city where it's more expensive, those tend to be more supplemented. So there's more cost there's more pay for teachers. That's the way that that works. So the number is the same, which is I think it's twelve thousand per student. We spend twelve thousand. Now, if you have less students, more people you have, the more you can spread the costs because inherently some students are going to cost less than other students. Right, A student who is on I I mean, what is it the individual education?
Speaker 1: What is it I E P.
Speaker 2: I said I E D last time? You do not want your student on an I E D okay or an I U D for that matter. Yeah, if you if if your teacher, if your school calls like hey, your son we're gonna put them on an I ed don't send them to school that day, but I know, but obviously, and then there was supplemental funding for students who meet was it title title seven or no title title one? I think is it is one of those two. But basically for you know, for students who were in h different whether it's a special education or they have different there's different, say English as a second language, that kind of stuff, there's additional funding for things like that. So yeah, we can get into that because they're just so full of crap. All right, now you're ready for this. So we were talking about the different ways in which, you know, people think that Kamala may have cheated. I don't know if she did. I don't know if she didn't. I understand why people are looking at Kamala on that stage versus Kamala literally at every other thing ever in recent memory, and realizing how different she is in delivery and stick to itiveness, all of it. And who knows, maybe she maybe she just debates much more crisply than she does Q and A from teachers' unions. But I have a hard time believing that. So ross, here's when we left out why are you guys not bringing up the way that chess dude cheated? Pete Callender is joining us this morning middays WBT. How you doing, Pete? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: I am doing all right.
Speaker 15: I think you think I survived.
Speaker 6: I mean I survived the week, so I mean and that's you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the battle.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So let's go ahead and talk about the week that was, because you know, there was some's some stuff coming on.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 6: Looking at your Twitter feed right now.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that to yourself?
Speaker 6: Dude? You know what my feelings are about Twitter, So why would you think I would not spend time?
Speaker 5: Look now?
Speaker 2: So yesday, I just got irritated because like right over by the radio station is you know, the radio station for Raleigh is right off Capitol Boulevard, which is also if you're coming from the north, the path of Lease Resistance to get into downtown Raleigh, And so they have the big sign there that announces you can either go to Raleigh or you can head north to the wasteland of Rossa, stan where he lives up there. And it's pretty much like Mad Max. I would just warn you and it's so. It is the hey, how you doing, Welcome to our fine city signage real for people who are wanting to go and go to the heart of their government to uh redress their grievances and also watch their money get burned in the giant money hole, which was a funny thing the Onion did back when Onion was still funny.
Speaker 5: And so, man, yeah, that's a while ago, and.
Speaker 2: I'm just sitting there and I'm like, I know that you damn near bankrupted the dot under this administration.
Speaker 1: You remember that.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course you can't spring for a sign that's readable. Were all the crap is have fallen off of it? How bad does that look? Man?
Speaker 6: I think it's a perfect metaphor.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, no, no, I understand that portion of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, yeah, Hold like help, man, I wanted no, I want I want it. I wanted to remain as is. I wanted to get worse you are. I want more. I want more of these letters to erode off of the sign. I want like, I won't be happy until that orange yellowish band at the bottom that says exit only is completely brown. You know, I want that thing totally rusted out. I want. I mean, you can't even really read the north anymore on that sign. It almost looks like it should say Carnival Boulevard. So like that's that that would be ideal is for all of the Look, nobody uses these signs anyway. Everyone's on the GPS at this point, you know, and so they they're not even looking at the signs. I say, I say, take all the signs down. Take them all down, so we don't even have to look at them anymore. We don't have to maintain them anymore. Everybody's using GPS anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well.
Speaker 15: That's because what now we're gonna have to pay for your sign You're gonna pay yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other people get off the Capital Boulevard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you're the only one that has, you know, turned this now into some big camp pain. And now my taxes are going to go up to pay for the KCO day.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was in Charlotte. Was in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: You guys had some really nice signs over by where your studios are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it is your.
Speaker 6: Signs probably yeah. I mean, well, I mean, look, we do have a bit of a reputation here as tidy town. I'm not sure you're aware of that. We tear down old buildings, we build brand new ones and stuff. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Like we don't really have any historical buildings any longer. So like, if you want to see history, you have to kind of walk around and look down at the sidewalk where there's like a plate like embedded in the concrete that tells you, you know, one hundred years ago, something happened here or some building was here, and just use your imagination about what it must have looked like because we've you know, torn it down. Although I will say there was a building that they moved yesterday. They literally moved a building because it was like one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 1: Where do they move it to?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like three hundred yards down the street.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not that impressive.
Speaker 6: But no, but I mean it's an old brick building. It's just a square building too, and you look at it, it's like really nothing to look at. But that's where we're at in Charlotte. Is that the you know, the nondescript, kind of bland looking old buildings they get the uh uh you know, they get this kind of treatment because we just really don't have any more of them left, you know, I mean, like the Historical Association is saving you know, like farmhouses that may or may not have been one hundred and fifty two hundred years old. Like that's where we're at because we've you know, torn everything else down, but it all looks very nice. And you know, I don't know, maybe because we have some powerful state leaders or something down in this neck of the woods that we end up getting fancy signs or something. But if you're always widening roads, that's the other thing too. If you widen the roads and you're always under road instruction like we are, then you end up with the new signs. It kind of comes with the kit.
Speaker 5: You know, you got you Yeah.
Speaker 2: So AnyWho, I'm sitting here and I'm uh, we're still talking about, obviously elements from the debate. Did you think it interesting what Mark Penn, the former Clinton advisor, had to say or do you think that's just noise? To keep Mark Penn relevant for those of you wonder and he uh is again a former Clinton advisor.
Speaker 1: Take it for what it's worth.
Speaker 2: Called Thursday for ABC to probe if there was some effort to rig the outcome of the debate. The when you say, rig the outcome. I think everyone snaps to the Donna Brazil thing, and rightfully, so, right right, And.
Speaker 6: There is a yeah, and there is a rumor out there unsubstantiated as far as I know at this point, that they did give Harris some you know, potential topics or questions and then those ended up being the questions. But but I'm not there's no confirmation that that actually did occur.
Speaker 1: So so you gotta start, you gotta start.
Speaker 2: You know, Aukham's razoring this thing, and you look at her and you say to yourself, Wow, she looked a lot more crisp than every other thing I've seen her in every debate.
Speaker 1: He has no plan is yesterday North Carolina.
Speaker 10: He said he's concepts of a plan.
Speaker 1: Ross has to dub that in. He's threatened to quit.
Speaker 2: So anyway, like I so with that in mind, that's some would say that's another theory. And I'm not even gonna get into the radio earrings thing. I reject that. We're done. But but there are other ways to rig, like not fact checking one person and then fact checking and even lying in your fact check, pulling a crowley in your fact checking to the other the FBI crime statistics to be one CNN out there saying the helied thirty three times, she lied once. So but in the actual when it's going on, that fact checking and how you and also how you steer questions into a different direction where you can tell it's getting to be deep water for your preferred candidate and you're like, let's move on to something else, like all of those things our fingers on this scale, So that could also be that could also be rigging. And the third thing is you don't even necessarily have to feed Comma the questions. You can sit there and say where is she strong? Where does he look bad? And that's how you populate your Q and a list. So, right, do you believe all of them? None of them?
Speaker 1: Which do you think is most likely least likely?
Speaker 15: Let's hear it all of those I think are I mean, you can read the questions, and you know, if you've ever corrected questions for candidates before debate, you know that's obviously what was occurring.
Speaker 6: They also know the lack of the fact checking or dragging her back to answer the question that you actually asked, rather than allowing her to immediately pivot to well, let's talk about extreme Well, the question wasn't about extreme right. The question was about like why you changed your opinions on things, your positions right, and then she immediately pivots and they never bring her back. Well, the question was about this and the correcting of Donald Trump after he says things with false information. And that's part of the couple of things, right, Number one, the chattering class, the people that expect a certain level of information and detail and performance in these debates. We might not be the best people to ascertain whether or not Trump quote one or lost. Right. I actually don't believe that people really lose debates or win debates anymore, although Biden lose that debate.
Speaker 1: But say, I could think of one example, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: Right, So that's the one recently. But usually you're looking for the Zinger moments and you're looking for memes now, And I mean, one of the things is pretty amazing is that everybody mopped the cats and dogs thing. But now people are aware across the country about Springfield, Ohio, and the story there is that they dropped in, you know, ten thousand Haitians in a town of fifty thousand people, and it has completely blown up their little town's budgets and overwhelmed their services and schools and housing and everything else. So there is attention now being paid to that. I don't know if that was intentional by Donald Trump or not, but that's the result. And then the other is the fact that Harris's positions on certain issues, for example, the you know, transsurgery for prison inmates are so beyond the pale, are so beyond the norm that people thought that it's a lie. That's how that how extreme her positions are.
Speaker 2: And now and you'd only know if you read the survey where she literally said she wanted to do that, right, yeah, right, and so.
Speaker 6: The and so, and the problem there is with the real time fact checking, which is why you shouldn't do it. You are not there to debate the candidates. They are there to debate each other. It's not about you. And I know I'm telling this to narcissistic, egotistical newspeople that are masquerading as you know, objective journalists or something, but it's not about you. That's why the CNN debate was so well done is because Capper and Bash did not interject. They just asked questions and let the candidates go back and forth, and because Biden was incapable of pushing back against Trump on on the debate stage, then you end up with people savaging Tapper and CNN and Dana Bash. And the message was received by ABC, you're going to fact check in real time. And then what that does is it convey to the audience that does not follow this stuff. And even people inside the left wing ecosystem, they aren't aware of these things. They aren't aware of some of the topics and positions she has taken because they live in a bubble. And so it gives this idea, this impression to the audience that, oh, well, we're only fact checking this one guy, so he's the lawyar and whenever she says stuff that isn't true, we're not fact checking it. And it gives the impression that what she is saying is true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's that is one hundred percent fair. So the question, and now Trump has said he's not he doesn't want a debater again, let me read the exact quote here. He declared Thursday he would not participate in another debate against Kamala If you remember, she they have rejected Fox on her camp.
Speaker 1: So who was left it was NBC.
Speaker 5: Right, I don't even know.
Speaker 6: And this, yeah, like, why would you after seeing what we saw at ABC, why would you agree to any debate without your pick of some model, your preferred moderators? Know he would want Hannity to be there. It doesn't matter to me, Like, you're the candidates now, and you guys should be able to pick the moderators rather than these news organizations, you know, putting people in there, because this is the way it's always been. You know this, You and I have been watching these things for a long time.
Speaker 5: The moderators.
Speaker 6: It's usually just you know, to what degree do they suck? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, one hundred percent?
Speaker 2: And uh the he had two Fox guys he also rejected, right, oh.
Speaker 6: Trump did yeah? Yeah, I think yeah he did, the.
Speaker 1: Young one woman. I can't remember who which ones they were there?
Speaker 6: I think maybe Martina McCallum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So you know, with the case in point that ultimately I don't know if they could cobble together and what they would find acceptable at this point, do you think do you think coming out of it now now that we can if it stays this way, do you think we can evaluate whether it moved the needle one way or the other, the totality of their debates, or do you think it's a wash.
Speaker 6: So this is what I kind of touched on this a minute ago, which is that the polling and the focus groups during the debates, Like I'm sure you saw this the Reuters focus group that they did where they had ten undecided. It's only ten, but still you have ten people they claimed to be undecided, and after watching the debate, six of them say they're going to vote for Trump, three of them for Harris, and the other one still undecided. And like that is completely opposite of what you would believe occurred if you were to read sort of the corporate media analysis. The AP also, sorry CNN, they had a focus group going and people moved more to Trump on key issues of the economy and immigration. And I've said since the twenty twelve election, where Mitt Romney tried to hammer Obama on the economy and the media covered things like binders of women and killing big bird and haircuts and dog trips, and the elections are about what media make them, and so they is trying its hardest not to make the election about the economy or immigration. And so I think that's where they may have kind of stepped in it by mocking the they're eating dogs in cats line, because now, like we're fighting in a different kind of electoral space. You know, memes do matter now. They helped propel Trump in the first place. So if this is now going to expose people outside of political world to stories and topics where they're going to be like, well, what's going on here? Oh Springfield, Haitian Holy cow? You know. Oh, and they actually are probably eating geese, so maybe not cats and dogs at this point. And you know, we've had a lot of.
Speaker 1: Mode and maybe they are.
Speaker 2: You know, I've seen enough people that have come out and talked about in Haiti where I think that it might be embellished the numbers, but the fact remains that Haiti has this stuff. And in fact, what's what is what's the name, what's the barbecue or whatever? The the warlord down there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's eating people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was but it was ritualistic, right, like it was connected to that. So and you know some people are doing this stuff. Is Haiti's not where you want to go on vacation right now?
Speaker 6: So right, and it's also this projection onto other cultures and societies are values, right, It is a conceit that everybody thinks like us, and they do not. In many parts of the world, they eat animals that we keep as pets. So it would not it would not, It would not surprise me. It's true. But until I get, you know, evidence, I don't know. Good. Look, we've all been on the next door pages and stuff. We know people are like, oh, I saw this thing happen, and this is what's actually going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that's twenty seconds. I'm with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And but the thing is is you want to spur journalistic curiosity, and apparently it all stops with a letter from one city official.
Speaker 5: And that's that's.
Speaker 1: Wild to me.
Speaker 2: All Right, Pete, I got a roll man, Thank you so much. Okay, ye, all right, we'll be back.
Speaker 11: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Russ is in the minute.
Speaker 2: We're sitting in there in the break and he goes, oh, my gosh, did you see what Donald Trump tweeted?
Speaker 1: Or truth or whatever? What did he say? Go ahead, go ahead, You're so proud of yourself. He said the Bills are eating the dolphins.
Speaker 2: He would say that, oh, they're eating the dolphins. Did you see what you remember when I posted the pictures from the fishing trip when we went fishing last year in Costa Rica with the where we had a dorado and then we had but I referred to the Mai Mai as a dolphin because if you if you talk to a fishing guy in Costa Rica, they'll referred to as a dolphin. And I posted that and one of our listeners was horrified because I'm like, yeah, we caught some we caught some tuna, and we caught some red snapper, and we caught a dolphin. And she's like, what a dolphin. I'm like, oh, yeah, man, I go That's why I go to a murder flipper.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, as soon as I see one bouncing around the back of the boat, I'm like, you're gonna know.
Speaker 1: It's just another thing.
Speaker 2: For So I would find that especially amusing because it also would be accurate potentially, right, they bills very well because they were in Miami, could have went back to wherever their hotel was. Maybe they got a seafood restaurant and served by my But he didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Ross lied to me. He should say it, though.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, uh, speaking of NFL stuff, Patrick Mahomes, love him, hate him, I don't know. Obviously Ross is not a big fan, but that's a division, it's a that's a rivalry thing, and it's in that capacity. But as a person, his brother's a dirt bag. We agree that with that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's brother. It's completely different. No, it's one of those things where like, you know, I don't. I don't think he's about part. I think he's a good person from everything I've heard. Yeah, I just don't like what he does to my team.
Speaker 2: You just want him to throw three picks and you know, come out at half. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's fair. That's fair. Not wishing injury, you're wishing not having a successful day. Although you were, I don't want to do it. You were probably one of the most annoyed people over the Mahomes flu game. Do you remember that where it's just like I can't remember, like he played through the flu and I don't remember what the beef was. Bunch of people had beef over it and I don't remember what it was. But regardless, so they decide, Well, you know, as an athlete, of course, the media has got to drag you into the pit that his politics and Mahomes is unfortunately more connected to it because of what happened with his wife and Taylor Swift, who were besties in the boxes. And then at the last game after Britney, Mahomes to his wife was I guess I don't is she complimentary of Trump in the for initial posts. I don't think she was. I think she was nonchalant in the post. Then they dug into it and they're like, we think she might be a Trump voter. And then all of a sudden, Taylor and Brittany ain't sitting together anymore. People read into that stuff, so of course they're going to drag Mahomes into this. And you know what his answer, all of you athletes out there, all of you, all of you, because I just assume all the student athletes listen to this show.
Speaker 1: This is how you handle.
Speaker 5: This, Haydan Beck.
Speaker 9: I think have you've seen my history. I've run up with people from every every aspect of life.
Speaker 2: And and and by the way, this is what he's doing is not a new thing. It's called a Jordan Okay. This is this is a famously Michael Jordan thing.
Speaker 1: And this is how it used to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jordan, you remember what Jordan said, Republicans by sneakers too, which is true. I've fact checked it. I've seen Republicans wearing sneakers. Michael Jordan was correct, and Mahomes is emulating him.
Speaker 9: Dating back, I think if you've seen my history, I've run up with people from every every aspect of life, in every background. And I think the best thing about a football locker room and kind of how I've grown up in baseball walkers everything about that is people can come together and achieve something, achieving a common goal. And I think if we can, I mean we talked about it a while back, but I think if we can do that as a nation, I think that we can get the best out of each other. And so I think that's something that I do every single day. And whenever I'm hanging out with with whoever, I'm not I'm not thinking about their political views or anything like that. I'm thinking about the people when how they how they treat other people.
Speaker 5: And I was with a lot of great people this weekend.
Speaker 4: I think you ever thought about, specifically about the idea of President Trump's bringing up Brittany's name.
Speaker 2: Does that confect you one.
Speaker 9: Way or another. No, I mean, I think at the end of the day, it's about about me and my family and how we treat other people and I and I think you see is that Brittany does a lot in the community. I do a lot of in the community to help bring people up and give people other opportunities to use their voice. And so it's in the political times, people are gonna use stuff here and there, But I can't let that affect how I go about my business every single day and live my life and try to live it to the best of my ability.
Speaker 1: That's I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a lot longer than Jordan's statement, which was more concise, but it means the same thing.
Speaker 3: See, like I said before, Like you know, I respected him as a person, like I thought he was a good person, but I hated what he did to my team.
Speaker 1: Right right. Yeah. Now that he comes out and he says this, I feel even more that way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if he had come out and been opposite and been all political, I'd been like, well, now, now my opinion on you has changed a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when you guys play, you guys play this year, right, I'm sure we do. I think you do, and you want him to have a sixty five percent passer rating that game. It's not the personal, not the personal. And then go you know, and then go ahead, you know whatever, but yeah, just that day, just that you know, oh, I don't owe malay right.
Speaker 1: It's a little sored. It's not a major injury.
Speaker 2: Charlie, Charlie. Every time he throws yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah no. It's so like that's the way to handle this. And and the thing is is they're going to continue to beat him up and his wife. They're gonna keep doing that because they didn't get the answer they wanted. I promise you that there are journalists, uh sports journalists that are sitting there and in their mind they're like, oh, no, he's going to answer the question. We need to know where he stands, if he's gonna be if he's going to be throwing his hat in the ring for goat right. And there's you know, there's a lot of people out there that talk that talk that Mahomes could you know, could beat Brady or whatever or whomever you think is the goat. I don't know, we'll see. But if you're if you're even entered into that conversation. You absolutely can't be on the fence in the minds of some of these journalists. And so what they're gonna do is they're gonna hit him with stuff. Right, something's gonna happen in Kansas City. It's going to have like a racial component. They're like, all right, let's try it from the racial component or something will be. Something will happen, and it has to do with women's rights. Let's get him on the record, but also his wife and let's see if she's one of those tradwife monsters. It will not end well. I mean, they tried to get him on the kicker thing. Yeah, Butker and he's just like whatever, I know, he's a good kicker. He's also for all of you who wanted that to happen. He's also the highest paid kicker in football. And he didn't even have to give away twelve percent or whatever his agent fee would have been, because his agent dropped him because he's a coward. So Butcker said, I don't need no stinking agent, and they went in there and negotiate his own thing to be the highest paid kicker in the history of the NFL. I think his contract's thirty million. I mean, it's not quarterback money, but let's do let's do the math there or his agent and weren't a complete piece of garbage for for you know, and just sat there the willingness obviously of the chiefs to give him this money. You likely could have achieved that as well with minimal effort, and you'd have been stroked to check for three hundred and now it's three hundred and sixty thousand dollars for essentially doing nothing. All you had to do was not issue a one line press release say we're gonna be partying ways blah blah blah, and you and you'd have a house, not a very big one in a lot of communities in North Carolina right now, but it'd have worked out okay for you.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of work it out, hopefully your weather this weekend works out for whatever you got planned. But don't hold your breath. That looks gooey out there already. How you doing well?
Speaker 5: Doing okay? Casey? Little gooey is correct.
Speaker 7: The rain's been hanging around Caswell down through Chatham County, Orange County points east through the Triangle and east of that out to the outer banks. Even some modern heavier rain showers Edmondson down here done and as you get in near Pittsburgh, so it just heads up to your traveling. Go further west, get into the Triad, and not much rain at all. So we'll see it kind of scattered around today, heavier rainfall the further east you go, and over the weekend, still looking at some showers at times. I really don't see a washout. There's gonna be plenty of dry hours. Although I'm a little surprised at how much rain we've got this morning in some spots, I don't think that's going.
Speaker 5: To be what we're going to have over the weekend. We'll watch off the coast.
Speaker 7: There could be low pressure developing early next week that we may get to talk about. That'll be a lot of fun. If we've got tropical development there thirty chance thirty percent chance from the Hurricane Center. And if we do get the next name storm, it would be Gordon, so the race will be on. There's another disturbance, he tried to say, out in the Atlantic that may try to develop too, So well we get Gordon off the Carolina coast, Yeah, small chance. There's also a chance there's another system in the Atlantic, which could also be named but well away from the US mainland at this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well it sounds good. Are you traveling today or traveling today?
Speaker 7: Okay, settled in and checking everything out, getting set up, and then we'll be here Monday and hopefully not talking about something off the coast and hoping that the weekend works out like I think it's going to with more hours of drive than wet so.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just saw this something. Are you flying Atlanta? I am, dude. They can't drive the planes there on the ground. I know.
Speaker 5: We had a little bit of a thunder bender a couple of days.
Speaker 2: How do you do what our state auditor did to a car downtown baby drunk?
Speaker 5: All yeah, oh yeah, And you know between that and did.
Speaker 1: You know that was a thing here?
Speaker 2: Dude, her state audits. You're not the auditor anymore. Obviously, was down at a party, a little holiday party, and all of a sudden she decided to see if her state vehicle could drive over the vehicle behind it in the part that was parked and turned into like a demolition derby. Well, it went well for her because when you're a connected state official like you can flee the scene. Police won't even come to your house to check to see if you were intoxicated, which I'm pretty sure they would do with you and I.
Speaker 5: So they probably would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird anyway. All right, Well, safe travels. We'll talk Monday, sir. Good yep, all right, there you go, and we're gonna chit chat with Oh you got a call? Okay, rock on and we'll get with Jeff Bellinger next here on the Cacoday radio program.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just rather calm this morning, casey. Major averages were higher at the end of what was a volatile Thursday session on Wall Street. Futures are narrowly mixed right now. As a matter of fact, the Nasdaq just turned a little bit higher, so we're higher across the board. S and P futures are up ten the Nasdaq futures are ahead by a fraction. The Dow futures are up seventy two points. We get the University of Michigan's mid month reading on consumer sentiment ten o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: That may get a close look.
Speaker 4: Boeing is strike bound for the first time in sixteen years. Just what the company didn't need more than thirty thousand factory workers walked out after rejecting a contract offer that would have raised their pay by twenty four percent. The strike shuts down production of seven thirty seven, seven seventy seven and seven sixty seven jets, just one more strain on Boeing and its new chief executive. Both sides say they want to resume negotiations soon. Amazon dot Com is going to invest more than two billion dollars in its contract delivery programs so that partners can raise drivers pay to nearly twenty two dollars an hour. Verizons taking a charge of nearly two billion dollars to cover payouts to about forty eight hundred workers who accepted voluntary severance offers. About half of the workers will leave this month, the rest will go by the end of March. Bath and Body Works among the first big retailers to announce its holiday hiring plans. The personal products chain says it will hire more than thirty thousand temporary workers to staff as stores and distribution centers. Charter Communications and Warner Brothers Discovery have a new distribution deal. It includes some new perks for Charters cable customers. Spectrum TV Select packages will include the ad supported versions of Max and Discovery Plus at no additional cost, and Cacchlorox plans a major marketing campaign for its Fresh Step and Scoop Away brands.
Speaker 1: Of Kitty Litter.
Speaker 4: Production of Kitty Litter and other Clorox products was halted when the company was hacked last year. Kitty Litter one product line that has not recovered customers who had to find other litter brands that were acceptable to their fussy cats. They're not taking the time to switch back casey.
Speaker 2: You know where they don't have fussy cats, Jeff, nowhere is that Springfield, Ohio.
Speaker 1: So they're good with whatever litter you give them. Just keep them in the house, all right, Thank you, Jeff. Sorry to drag you into that. Man. All Right, you have a great weekend. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ross you think you think a cat in Springfield, Ohio's being picky about his food right now or his litter?
Speaker 1: He's like doll ripped up newspaper or No. This is fine.
Speaker 2: I love it, This is great. Did I tell you how much I love you today? This is gredo. Let me outside. Oh wait, I'm sorry. Tim Wall said that's not a thing on your Bengo card.
Speaker 1: And they're eating cats.
Speaker 5: And they're eating cats.
Speaker 2: Saying the best part is have you seen the remixes on TikTok?
Speaker 1: With it? There's a dance, the don'y Cats dance. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of the biggest influencers are like now lip syncing to it. Yeah, it's going super viral.
Speaker 2: It's like a you know, it's like a techno remix kind of thing, and it's it's a TikTok trend for everything you think about TikTok. It's really impactful. Why why were they saying we're not eating cats?
Speaker 1: Did they? Did they think when Trump brought it up at the debate he was talking about the supporters, were they unaware of the situation in Springfield? Because that chance where's the rolly real with the rally? He was in Ohio? Right, No, it was in Michigan. Okay, So I mean the chance is super weird. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they have a guilty conscience, Maybe they all had cat before they get there and they're like, I don't want to be associated with this. Right, they've been exposed yep, yep, yep, yep. And they have a call here, David, what's up? Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, Yeah, it's still showing on my call screen. It's so weird even after you vexed that. Okay, well, we're not going to talk to David. Oh, real quick, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did hung out? Okay, all right, I was I.
Speaker 2: Think it was just showing on my call screener there, All right, Well then real quick. Unfortunately we got to go to another dude whose name starts with the D but not his real name.
Speaker 1: Dutch has died. You guys remember Dutch.
Speaker 2: You know him as Chad McQueen, of course, Steve McQueen's kid. He was sixty three years of age. He played Dutch in the nineteen eighty four hit that never, never, ever, ever should have seen a remake. I'm, of course referring to the Karate Kid now. He was also in the eighty six Karate Kid Too. I can't remember how I feel about Karate Kid Too. I know I don't feel as strongly as I do with the Jaden Smith thing.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: Karate Kid Too is weird because like, the girlfriend wasn't there. I was always upset with that Elizabeth Shoe wasn't there. Super weird.
Speaker 2: I can't even remember. I was trying to remember fully, what was going what happened to Elizabeth shoe Man?
Speaker 1: And they used to be yeah.
Speaker 3: Right right yeah, But nothing against Yukioh his girlfriend in the second movie, but it was just it was weird.
Speaker 1: But how did I go? This is like four decades on this planet and I have no idea. I had no idea. He was Steve McQueen's kid.