Speaker 1: One o one Lynchintaco, Orlando's rock station one oh one one w jr R A right fans of cash.
Speaker 2: The weight is almost over thousand dollars giveaways. Just after nine o'clock this morning, it starts.
Speaker 1: Rock the Bank and you'll have thirteen chances each weekday. I think it's for the next six weeks. That's so awesome. Thirteen tries every day. The balls in your court. As to how much you want to participate, it's pretty simple. Have the station on with your day, Listen for the keywords at around five past each hour, enter each go around at WHR dot com and someone's randomly picked, win a grand and rock the bank.
Speaker 2: Now, JRR always has a lot of winners in this, so I'm really open. Last time we ended strong with I believe three or four days in a row of JR listeners in the last week or so. I'm hoping we start strong and stay strong. Enter those keywords. You could win a grand. I know I could handle it, rocked the bank, and we will remind you plenty before we get there. Just you know, have WJR dot com book mark say I that way, it's easy to get to them. Pop in the keyword you go around.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's begin with one of the network affiliates in Los Angeles kt LA, who spent most of Friday, in a good part of the weekend trying to explain away a tweet that went out a one word tweet to their people who follow them. Yeah, on x the one word tweet was the plural version of the N word. Are you serious? It's all that was sent out.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I want you to stop and think for a second. You're following any kind of media, you know, to keep up with happenings locally. I'm immediately deleting them, and you look at your phone and you're like what, I'm.
Speaker 2: Immediately I'm going to do a screenshot to say, look at how they stepped in it, and then I'm gonna say I'm done that.
Speaker 1: That's what got them caught up in the snaffoo and where they're I think, just screwing up. Plenty of people did exactly what you just described. Taco captured a screenshot. A few minutes later, KTLA realizes what they've done and they delete the the post, but the damage was done. Yeah. They claim afterwards that the local uh the new station experienced a technical error while adding language filters to our social media accounts, resulting in an offensive word being accidentally shared. We are appalled and apologized that this occurred. So were they blaming it on AI? No, No, they're blaming it on whoever was trying. They say to add that word to be filtered out of anything that would be posted in the comments section on their.
Speaker 2: Feed on it and say we screwed up. Wow, some people are getting fired or already have been. I think that's immediate. You're out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's more than just a little whoops. Yeah, whoops, Sorry, my bad, are done ring that bell. Meanwhile, over in the UK, the government there is apparently developing what's being called a murder prediction program, which it hopes can use personal data of those known to authorities to identify the people most likely to become killers. Here, they are using algorithms to analyze the information of thousands of people and try to identify those at great risk of committing serious violent offenses. It's called the Homicide Prediction Project. How nice?
Speaker 2: What this whole ideotology has just started off very idiot wise?
Speaker 1: So they do they happens when you're flagged as a potential murderer, and you'd you're the farthest thing from somebody who's a potential murderer. That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: So do they study parents and and they're past and then say, oh, this one right here, yeah, patlans, Oh, watch out this guy.
Speaker 1: The existence of the project was discovered by a group called State Watch, and some of its workings uncovered through documents obtained by a freedom of information request. State Watch says data from people not convicted of any criminal offense will be used as part of the project. What so the innocent will be included? Wow, I you know what, you show up on that list. They're strongly denying.
Speaker 2: Cash it out. Yeah, immediately, that's defamation, not defication. I know a lot of people are confusing those, but basically it is definicult I know, all over your name.
Speaker 1: These are the times we live in now. Apparently a watch list isn't adequate anymore. Now you have to try to have a murder prediction tool. Okay. Finally, on the lighter side, we go to Sweden.
Speaker 2: We'll get a bunch of text Tom Cruise had a movie about this. That's six texts from different people.
Speaker 1: Which movie was that.
Speaker 2: I think it's the one with the murder list one. What's the name of the movie scientists didn't watch. Maybe Minority Report? Oh, Minority Report. Okay, yeah, I don't think I ever saw that me either.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, in Sweden, Gothenburg, Sweden, rescue services were called to rescue a parrot stuck in a tree. Okay, but the bird was not particularly grateful and they shouted no when the firefighters approached to initially work their way up the tree and try to coax the parrot down. It's somebody's pet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The bird uttered f U multiple times and continued to sit in the tree until well after a sunset, at which point I guess parrots aren't exactly fond of the dark. So now they're really concerned about this parrot stuck up in the tree outside at night. And uh. They finally got a hold of the owner of the bird, who showed up and here's the part that doesn't get explained, and I really need this explain, coached the bird down with a pack of cigarettes. Oh so we got a smoking parrot. Foul mouth smoking parrots as a barroom parrots. Literally, it's the parrot from the joke walked into the bar of the.
Speaker 2: Parrot, smoking Yeah on his shoulder, just huffing one, going we got a happy hour of this ysshole Linchen Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Can't believe he scorts