Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine in the games, Mike the bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: All right, I think we got the bulldog there, Mike, we got you.
Speaker 3: I am here, baby.
Speaker 2: Hey. I know you mentioned earlier in the week the passing of Larry Guest. I just wanted to again say to you what I want to say on the air, what I said to you via text yesterday. Your call him on the the Gentleman, the storied calmness for many years here in central Florida and the Orlando Sentinel. Your piece was phenomenal. I saw that too well.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Larry Guests one of the one of the big time calms from the good old days when when newspapers meant something.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 1: I believe your words were a guy that I could never replace because he was that good.
Speaker 4: He was that good, and again, newspapers mattered back then. So yeah, it's uh, you know, the media is obviously changed a lot in the last Yeah.
Speaker 3: Since the Internet.
Speaker 4: As I wrote, the Internet hit the newspaper industry like a giant meteor.
Speaker 3: But you have to remember Orlando Sentinel Dot com. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: You can read that column at Orlando Sentinel dot com. Uh, guess who's on the verge of being back for the Magic. Palo came back last week and a Franz the Frons. He had his injury designation upgraded yesterday. He went from quote torn write abdominal muscle to quote return the competition reconditioning. So the injury is healed. Now he's just got to get back in some playing shape. He's probably gonna be back in three four games. So the Fronds close to being back. That's a major step for the Magic. Jalen Suggs, of course, their starting point guard. He's still as out with that strained back, but he should be back soon. So the Magic should be back to close to full strength. Down they're not gonna be full strength because Moe Wagner of the Franzos brother he's out for the season, but and he was having a great year. But their entire starting lineup should be back within I'm gonna say, within the next two weeks, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So short handed again tonight at Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, although Pallo will be you know, playing tonight, but yeah, they played tonight at Milwaukee. They're still the four seed again when they get healthy. As long as they can lock down a four seed for the playoffs, you know, get home court advantage opening round to the playoffs, which really hurt them last year because they were the fifth seed and they had to play Game seven in Cleveland and they ended up losing that game even though they were up by eighteen in the first half. So yeah, I think the Magic are starting to look really good. College basketball. Last night, UCF goes on the road pulls off an upset over Arizona State. Wow. Their player Keisha and Hall forty points last night, career high forty points for UCF's leading scorer. The Gators, though, who were ranked number five in the country. At home, they lose to unranked Missouri eighty three to eighty two. That was their highest ranking, by the way, since twenty seventeen. And they had won sixteen straight home games and then they lose at home last night to Missouri. So that wasn't good for the Gators.
Speaker 1: Hey, dog, quick question, like, when you were talking about the leading scorer for UCF basketball wise, what is he ballpark?
Speaker 3: Excuse me with that, nil.
Speaker 4: Well, he's not even their best player. Their best player was actually out with an injury.
Speaker 1: I'm just last night, but college basketball players are making nil because I know the.
Speaker 3: Best the best college basketball players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of Mills, Mill, okay Mill, Yeah, I know it all goes most of it towards football, rightfully, so sorry basketball players.
Speaker 4: But yes, checking, Yeah, where was I going?
Speaker 2: I was watching?
Speaker 3: Do you guys watch any that?
Speaker 4: Have you watched the Ends Simulated Golf League?
Speaker 2: Is this that Tiger Woods Rory McElroy thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the t It's called the tg Yell. It's on every Tuesday on ESPN. And last night last last week was the debut and Rory played last week. Tiger played last night, and I was watching a little bit of it. It's I guess it's somewhat entertaining. They try to be, you know, they yuck it up for the cameras and all of that. But the ratings last week though, for the debut without Tiger, nearly a million viewers, which was which is prett pretty damn good for a Tuesday night at nine o'clock on the ESPN.
Speaker 3: It was up the.
Speaker 4: Same time slot last year had college basketball. It was up twenty eight percent from that last year. So people are actually watching this. I don't know how long they're going to be watching it, but they're actually watching it.
Speaker 2: People also watched Bewitch three runs from sixty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: With Montgomery on the Bewitched Hot.
Speaker 3: She was, she was a smoke show. Listen.
Speaker 1: That may have started because it was the first week strong and then the second week whatever. I'm the golfer on the show and yeah, you're not sucking me in, dude, No, not even live. I'm like, okay, I I other things to do than try to keep track of how you keep scoring this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lightning Lowse got hammered pretty good last night. Boston six ' to two, Bulldog Oh ouch ouch.
Speaker 4: Big news in college football yesterday, the College Football Coaches Association approved a proposal that they're sending to the NC Double A that would essentially reduce college football's transfer portal window.
Speaker 3: They're going to do away.
Speaker 4: They want to do away with the multiple windows and have one single, single ten day window in January to try to preserve the integrity of the bowl season and put some guardrails on the transfer portal. I don't know if this is going to pass through the NC Double A, but I would as a fan, I would love to see it happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make too much sense? Yeah yeah. Hey.
Speaker 2: I also also saw there was discussion about trying to penalize these teams who are feinting injured injuries late in the game when they're out of timeouts.
Speaker 1: Stop they should yeah yeah, they should just like flopping in basketball, saying that in soccer, same thing, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we'll see what happens there, all right. You gotta see this. This Caitlin Clark stalker. He was in court yesterday, wouldn't shut up. The judge was telling him to show up. This guy's a lunatic. Good lord, scary.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mike AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game on a Jason Dust and he takes time from his show to join us for the sports page each morning here.
Speaker 3: On j R R. Do It Dog, Who Hoo? Safe Touch Sit like
Speaker 1: One oh one one double j r R, Orlando's rock station,