Speaker 1: A person who goes down into their grave after the soul has gone and they are in their grave, imagine what will be the condition of an individual there. We believe that there is something known as dog thought will cover you know, the grave being made narrow. How is it going to be made narrow? Allah knows, but we believe it. It's going to happen because it's there. The prophet Haslam explained it to us that, you know, tightening or the narrowing of that grave. What will happen and how the person will be tested so much? And how they will be questioned in that grave. It's the truth. The angels will come and they will see the individual. How it will happen Allah knows best. But the questions are going to be asked by the angels. Who is your rub, who is your nabie, what is your dean?
Speaker 2: And so on? And it's no good for us to say, well, I know the answers. Every day in the morning, I used to say twenty times, that's not good enough.
Speaker 1: If you were following, you will be able to answer, and if you are not following, you won't be able to answer.
Speaker 2: So here is the mean.
Speaker 1: The one who was believing he will answer just like that, and he will be given a good resting place. You know, a little perhaps breeze of heaven will be released for that person because of the goodness that the person engaged in his life, and the other person, the evil person who engaged in bad and did not turn back to a loss of Hannah at Alah. He will say or she will say, you know what, who is your up? Who is your nab? What is your dean?
Speaker 2: And so on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I heard people saying something, and I used to say something as well. That's what sometimes we are guilty of. You know how we heard people reading the Koran? We just read it, that's all. We just said the same thing without even thinking what's the meaning of it?
Speaker 2: What is it? What is this work?
Speaker 1: What is How can I live my entire life without knowing what my maker said?
Speaker 2: What a fool?
Speaker 1: I need to know it, because when I die, that share who told me is harm to look at the meaning of the Koran.
Speaker 2: He's not going to be there with me to.
Speaker 1: Say, Ahlah, I was the one who told us this chap here not to read the meaning.
Speaker 2: What do you think it was?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Your brain, your mind?
Speaker 1: Allah gave you you are responsible, You are answerable. Start understanding Allah's plan by reading his book. That's the only book that is valid in existence of hanahalah. It will lead you to the Sunnah Muhammad salalada seldom.
Speaker 2: But if you don't have that book, you don't know what it's all about. What do you expect? How are you going to prepare for the aharra?
Speaker 1: My brothers and sisters, It's an important message.
Speaker 2: The preparation for the life after.
Speaker 1: Death is the most important thing that I need to prepare for. You know, we will all invest our wealth because we want mashallah high rise building and a little apartment.
Speaker 2: We will go out and get loans in sha lahak there are halali shallah. But from wherever we get some.
Speaker 1: Loans and we want to, you know, pay back over time because I need to own the house.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's happening?
Speaker 1: And I have seen this in a lot of cases of people who passed away.
Speaker 2: They took out loans.
Speaker 1: They wanted big apartments or homes for their families and themselves before or they could pay back the loan. They were already in need of a palace in the hereafter because they died.
Speaker 2: So what happens to that loan a loss of hanah howatalyasis, the.
Speaker 1: Lady, your pony, the lah cal don hassanah fada Infanhua lah.
Speaker 2: Akbar, who is there?
Speaker 1: Who is going to give to a los sub Hannah howat Allah, so that that loan would be multiplied so manyfold.
Speaker 2: Subhanahlah, are you ready to do for Allah?
Speaker 1: Spend your time for Allah, spend your energy for a loh abstain from sin for the sake of Allah.
Speaker 2: You will find its reward multiplied.
Speaker 1: When you need your palace in the Afara, it will be there.
Speaker 2: You will already be given glad tidings of it.
Speaker 1: From the moment the angels come to take your soul away, you've been given glad tiding because you now know Subhanahlah, you have an idea. And so the angels that have come are angels that I've seen. The one narration makes mention, and it's mua that the angels. The person who's dying will see the angels and just the angels, and subhanah Lah, up to the horizon wherever the person can see, they will just see this angel, Subpanahlah. And the angel will come in whites whites a lot, Supannah, howat Ala make that day easy for us?
Speaker 2: I mean, ask Allah to grant us goodness.
Speaker 1: People have died, and people who did not believe that there was a year after are already in the hereafter.
Speaker 2: What fools, subhanahlah.
Speaker 1: People who did not believe in the here after are already in the hereafter.
Speaker 2: They've gone. Where are we going? Prepare for the grave?
Speaker 1: People will come, they'll bury you, they'll carry you, like I always say, they will come a day when the phones will be ringing, the messages will be flying, people will be tweeting, and what's happing? And people who will be putting posters and statuses.
Speaker 2: And so on regarding your death. The day is coming. The day is definitely coming. People will phone.
Speaker 1: How many times have you received a phone call and a message someone you.
Speaker 2: Knew close to you? They say in a person's gone.
Speaker 1: Ah in alilla own, how what happened? Sometimes we are shocked, shocked. Well, you know what a bigger shock will be if you were just taken without preparation, that's a bigger shock. WELLA help us, because when I.
Speaker 2: Go, I am all alone.
Speaker 1: If you look at your children carefully, and your parents and your brothers carefully. They belong to Allah before they were even connected to you. But Allah used you to bring them into existence in order to fulfill the bigger plan.
Speaker 2: That he has. That's what it is.
Speaker 1: But otherwise, Allah owns your child and you do not. Do you know that because you have to look after that gift of Allah as a test from Allah in order to earn paradise through the gift of a love. I have a temporary I have a child temporarily known as my child here.
Speaker 2: In this world in Chadlah.
Speaker 1: If I use that temporary opportunity to prepare for heaven, I will be getting generous only because of my sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Same applies with marriage. You're married to someone.
Speaker 1: It's temporary, but you can eternalize it in certain ways if Allah wills.
Speaker 2: Subhanahlah.
Speaker 1: For now, Subhanalah, I need to use this gift of Allah that I have by treating her or him in such a way that I earn general I prepare for my afterlife.
Speaker 2: It's a sacrifice. It's not easy.
Speaker 1: And we tell people and now we need to tell them more and more because materialism is taking over, and we tell people, you know what, marriage is a big sacrifice, a huge sacrifice. Without sacrifice, you won't achieve anything. Subhanahlah Malla, subhanah hawatala. Help us to sacrifice in a way that he is pleased with us. So let's prepare for the day we are put down, when our families will return and what is left. The Hadid speaks of how when a person is you know, in the form of a janaza, in the form of a dead person being carried, who follows this person, family, wealth following this person they buried, and some things go back, and something stay. What goes back, the family goes back. Before you know it, your wife is married again. Subhanahlah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It reminds me, and I must pause for a moment on the lighter note. It reminds me of a person who was really upset in his marriage and so on, and you know, they were not happy, and so something happened and you know, the relationship began to improve and they.
Speaker 2: Were working on it and what have you.
Speaker 1: So the man asks his wife, if I die, will.
Speaker 2: You marry again? That's a question. Imagine.
Speaker 1: You know, people make their promises as much as they want, but you do not know the circumstances of your spouse say, for example, you died and your spouse is struggling so much and they need some form of help. No one's coming to help them. They wouldn't be wrong to marry again. In fact, it's encouraged to marry again, subhanahlah. But at the same time, listen to what the spouse is. A woman says when the husband says, will you marry again? So she says no, no, so what will you do? I'll just stay with my sister. Okay, Wow, good answers. And a little while later she asked, what about you, will you marry again? He says no, so what will you do? I'll also just stay with your sister. May a loss of Hannah Hotela Granta's is we a loss of Hannah hot Allah? Bless us we a loss of Hannah hot Allah?
Speaker 2: Forgive us.
Speaker 1: We ready to make a plan for when our spouse is dying, But we haven't made a plan for when we die.
Speaker 2: Have you thought of what I'm saying? We make a plan.
Speaker 1: We already know if she dies, Hey, I've got another two three lined up mashallah. And we don't know, brother, you're dying before her. So Hannah lah may allah sub Hannah, ho Allah, help us to prepare. May Allah help us to prepare. Really, this is something that we need to think about. So I was saying, your deeds are the only things that.
Speaker 2: Remain with you.
Speaker 1: Otherwise your wealth goes back. Your children are fighting over it. They've stopped talking to each other over it. They have broken the family into twenty pieces of over your wealth. Ask those whom this has happened to. They will confirm, yes, it's correct. And what has happened that wealth? Had you not left it, perhaps your family might have been closer bonded than now that you had a lot of wealth. I know of people who had nothing and after the death the family is so close, mashallah.
Speaker 2: And I know of.
Speaker 1: People who've had so much that when the person passes away, someone is trying to rob this one, and the other one is denying that one, and this one is claiming his share of inheritance, and the other one comes and say that was mine, and I worked with dad and I did this and it was me, And debates go on.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are exceptions to that.
Speaker 1: There are people who've died marshall are wealthy, and even their children mashallah, have been happy thereafter. But the message here is what you've amassed in terms of wealth, and what you have had in terms of relatives.
Speaker 2: You've had twenty thirty fifty children.
Speaker 1: Trust me, they will go back. Before you know it, they will forget you. Look, we are seated here. How many of you know your seventh forefather? I don't know why they called him four fathers. One day when I was young, I used to think, the reason why they called him four fathers is you can only remember up to four of them. After that, you can't remember that's a forefather. You remember your forefathers? Say yes, all four of them.
Speaker 2: Hanahwat alah help us.
Speaker 1: But one wonders, it's a fact you will not remember your forefather. How many of us know seven generations back? But they were important people. You are from their lineage and you don't even know about them. They why you are their family. But they went, They left you behind, gode the wealth.
Speaker 2: That they had well too late. So hanahla.
Speaker 1: You might have a piece of land somewhere in one of the rural areas of some place you come from that was your ancestral land.
Speaker 2: Big deal.
Speaker 1: No one wants you there today. Hanahwa to alah grant us goodness. Really, so what happens is the thing that comes with you your deeds. Your deeds come in the form of people. Sometimes the ADID has different descriptions. The deeds come in the form of a protection for you.
Speaker 2: That's your deed, that's your deed. What did you do this man?
Speaker 1: This is his zaka, this is his salah, beautiful salah.
Speaker 2: We don't want a quality that is useless. Subanah love.
Speaker 1: You know, there was a time when we used to think that the quality of items made in China is not good.
Speaker 2: But that's wrong.
Speaker 1: It depends how much you are ready to pay for an item. Ask those who've done business. There was a time when I didn't know any better. I was corrected by someone who is Chinese here in this crowd. Subanah Lah corrected me. They sent me an email to say, hey, what you said was insulting.
Speaker 2: It was wrong. You cannot say Chinese products are bad and they're not.
Speaker 1: And I guarantee you that it depends on how much you pay and also on alla's exceptance. You know, sometimes you buy a vehicle, very expensive one, but it happens to be slightly faulty.
Speaker 2: Well that you paid for a lovely car. The faults.
Speaker 1: That was just a test for you, between you and Allah suhanah, how much alah. No one planned it for you to have that particular item. It was alas planned. The same applies. You see how much you're ready to pay. That's the type of goods you get. So if you want to buy a light and the light is one did hum, then perhaps it will last for a day, two days.
Speaker 2: And then it will go.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know if you recall the story I told you about a man who only paid one cent for the fans that he had.
Speaker 2: So he bought a whole box of these fans, and he tested one.
Speaker 1: His wife tested one and as she held you know that the fan.
Speaker 2: That opens up.
Speaker 1: As he held the first fan, it broke, or his wife held it and it broke. The wife held the second one, it broke, third one it broke. So the wife calls him and says, hey, hey, relax, you bought this thing here and these are breaking. They are defects, rejects. We have a wedding coming up. We wanted to distribute these things.
Speaker 2: To all the guests. How did you do this?
Speaker 1: So he took the boxes and he went back, and he went back to the man on the side of the road selling these boxes, and he says, hey, these things are not working. He says, what do you mean they're not working?
Speaker 2: They're breaking.
Speaker 1: The man says, how much did you pay? He says, I paid a cent each. I bought the whole box. You know, so many boxes, four boxes. I paid a cent each. So the man says, oh, there are other ones that come for a diar hum and another one that comes for ten dear hums. It depends how what you pay. Did you read the instructions the ones you paid the cent ones? Did you look at the what it says inside there? He said, no, Well there's a way of using them. You want to pay it the one cent, you must know how to use it. So the man says, well, how this is a fan. It's normal. The whole world knows. You open the thing and Marchiallat gives you a nice design and then you use it, you know, with your hand.
Speaker 2: He says, no, no, no, no, those are the ones for dinham. The one for one cent is a different way. So what's the way?
Speaker 1: He says, Come, I show you, Okay, hold it in your hand.
Speaker 2: He holds it in his hand.
Speaker 1: He opens the thing and it's you know, the fan comes out, beautiful picture.
Speaker 2: He says, Now put it in front of your face. He says, okay, put it in front now say the man says, what do you mean? He says, but that's if you want to pay nothing, you got to know how to use it. You want the ones that you move, you must pay. But more do you know what with our deeds?
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes our deeds are not the sincerity, the quality is not good enough.
Speaker 2: My love forgive us. So take a look at Suratu.
Speaker 1: Mulk Alas subhanah analysis Tabarak gordy Alali, Come, come ala well as he is.
Speaker 2: We know we read Mulk so often people know it off by heart. Listen to that second verse.
Speaker 1: Alas says, it is he who has created death in life for a certain reason.
Speaker 2: What's the reason.
Speaker 1: In order to test who has better deeds from amongst you? He didn't say who has more deeds? Because what's the point of doing.
Speaker 2: More deeds when the quality is like that one cent fan? What's the point?
Speaker 1: I'd rather do less deeds with the quality that when I need the fan and the cooling, I will be cool. Subhana lah. So this is why I remember your faath is your fara. You cannot compromise that, your obligation. You cannot compromise, but that which is excess and more than that, the quality is more important than the quantity. If you have read the Qur'an properly and thoroughly and covered it within a span of a month, and you did it correctly, beautifully, trying to understand its meaning and so on, it is far more valuable than whipping through it and telling people I complete one pur on every third day or every day and so on. If you want to read raka'at of salah and offer voluntary salah, it is far better for your preparation for the afterlife if you were to offer less with quality than offering more with quantity and no quality. If you can do both alhamdulillah, quality and quantity, that is a success. But if you cannot do the quantity of it, remember it's the quality that counts.
Speaker 2: These are the deeds.
Speaker 1: This is preparation for the afterlife, because when we get to our grades, that's salah that we did last minute.
Speaker 2: You know it happens every day, Hey, it's us. So what time is sunset?
Speaker 1: Okay, sunset is at five point thirty one, so we say, okay, it's still five five o'clock. I still got a bit of time and were still finishing a game, watching a movie, doing some brother.
Speaker 2: Stop everything the.
Speaker 1: The time started at three something, three thirty five, whatever the time was. You need to put aside everything and read your Salah. We always say tell your work, don't say don't say oh Salah, I have work, say oh work, I have salah.
Speaker 2: Quit it. The women folks, sometimes they're cooking for you, because sometimes we come roaring home like a lion. I'm hungry. Have you heard that? I'm hungry? What is that to eat?
Speaker 1: Hey? Poor woman is reading Salah to laso, and we shouting relax, take it easy, Go and make yourself an egg in shall Lah. That egg is more blessed than you screaming in this way while she's trying to earn her genda. My sister, don't compromise your sala for cooking. Don't compromise your Salah for something else. No, stop everything. Your allah is your grave. You know why your life might stop at that moment That Salah will come and save you. You will get into the afterlife before you know. People say, but you know, my children, they are others. They are that read the Sunna, ask the olama. Find out how to fulfill your salah. If your children are troubling you a little bit here and there, you fulfill your salah. So hanahlah, make sure that you've done it. There is no excuse me Allah grantases. Now I'm just thinking there might be some people thinking, Okay, I'm intentionally going to make a nice long salah, you know, without having cooked. And then I will say, didn't you hear the talk last night? Didn't you hear I was busy with my salah? Didn't you hear the talk last night? So remember to strike the balance. You know, we are not saying don't abuse things in order to do something that you want to out, not to do something that you have to.
Speaker 2: Don't abuse things.
Speaker 1: Mala subhanah hot ala help us. So the preparation is such that every one of us common logic will tell us I need to prepare sense. But sometimes alas is kala bell to him, Bonny, you love that which is in front of you, now, that which is current you, you love it, and you are forgetting that which is coming, and this happens to all of us.
Speaker 2: What's in front of us we wanted, and what is coming we forget.
Speaker 1: Alasses, strike the balance, use the current in order to prepare for that which is coming.
Speaker 2: Well, make it easy for us