Speaker 1: Time for the Nice nine first warning weather forecast. Start off with the wind Advisor. It starts at ten this morning and lasts until seven pm, putting that aside to be a partly fidy day with a higher fifty seven dropping down to thirty one overnight. Tomorrow's high thirty eight with a chance of snow floors. I guess in the morning we'll have clouds in the morning and sun in the afternoon. Skies clear up overnight in eighteen and on Sunday, mostly Sunday skies with a high of thirty eight thirty five degrees. Right now, let's get a trafic update Chuck.
Speaker 2: From the UCLP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Call five one three five eighty five U see see see seth pounds. Seventy five continues to run close to an extra half hour out of Evendale Pass. An accident at Paddock that blocks the left lane. Highway traffic elsewhere not all that bad. The last of the slow traffic northbound seventy five is between Buttermilk and Kyle's Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC. The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Eight twenty nine fifty five KCD talks the Station and a very happy Friday to you helping out the American veteran again today, welcome back to the Big fifth CARC Morning Show Matt Damaris and Shay Hensley to talk about the is it third annual Bourbon Barrel Raffle. It's going on again and I know my listening audience is going to help you sell all these tickets out. Good to have you guys back on and I appreciate what you're doing for the American veteran. Hey, how's it going man?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, third third one, It's it's getting to be a big event for us, for sure.
Speaker 1: It sure is. Well. Start off by reminding my listeners what the the Raffle ticket is going to get them in terms of assistance the American veteran.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So basically this is a fundraiser I got involved with with Shay. You know, I met him through real estate and he was I think he's on his fifth year for Concert for Cause and he's just a big supporter of vets and bruise for a long time and asked if I wanted to get involved with this. So we put together a bourbon raffle to raise funds so I could purchase VIP tables for veterans at his concert.
Speaker 1: So we bring him in, they.
Speaker 3: Get to bring a guest, they get to see an awesome concert that helps out a great cause. And I, you know, do what I do, and I buy their beers all day or all night at the concert. And then you know, whatever proceeds are left over from the bourbon raffle, we just split up between concert for a cause and vets and bruise. And last year we were on top of getting the vets at the tables and having a great night. We were able to write a check to concert for a cost for twenty five hundred bucks. It was.
Speaker 1: It was a great, great event. Man, that is fantastic. How many years have you been doing how many years you been doing the concert for the Cauche.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is our fifth annual, our fifth annual concert for our calls, and it's grown each year and stuff. We keep everything local. We've rotated charities each year and stuff. This year we're hosting to that threat Board, which is a great venue there in Blue ash especially for music and food and everything and some great beers. And this year, all proceeds. One hundred percent of proceeds go to Inclusive Housing Resources. They're based out of Fairfield and what they do is they manage and develop safe and affordable housing for disabled people and families in Hamilton, Butler and Claremont counties. Wow, we're pretty excited to be teaming with them and partnering with them.
Speaker 1: I bet that's an inspiring cause and organization right there. I understand last year you guys put together fifteen thousand dollars and donated to a local family that had an eighth grader that was going through chemotherapy.
Speaker 4: We did, we did, and you know, Bets and Bruis Matt's a big part of that. All State Insurance, Steve Miller and his team and Jennifer Kellum and Absolute Title down in Fairfield, you know, plus a lot of volunteers. Union Savings Bank is a part of it. We got volunteers that come together. But yes, we we raised fifteen thousand dollars and we just seen on Facebook, which you know, that's great for social media to be able to stay in contact that Darcy she kicked cancer's butt and rang the bell a few weeks ago. So we're pretty excited for her.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so wonderful. Well, my listeners, I want to let you know right now, because people are going to buy these tickets up, I'm going to start talking about some of the bourbons and the Bourbon Raffle. Here just a second, we'll get back to the concert for a cause. Go to my blog page fifty five carca dot com. You'll see the list of bourbons that are available for the for the Raffle, and then there's a link to buy tickets. Now, I just say that out loud because Matt I tried to go directly to vetsenbrwis dot com, and at least on my website it wasn't working. But the link, the longer link that takes you directly to the Bourbon Raffle works like a charm. So it's easy to get a ticket right there. Now, how much your tickets, Matt?
Speaker 3: They're twenty five bucks apiece, so and that that gives you the opportunity to win one of those bottles. So basically what we do is we will have a default list of you know what we think the best bottle to the least best bottle is. But here in a probably three or four days before the raffle, we'll send an email out to everyone who's bought a ticket and if if you want to pick the default list, you can. If you want certain bottles, you can list them however you want and we'll just go down your list. If your number gets called, whatever your highest ranking bourbon is, that's the one you're going to win.
Speaker 1: Oh no kidding. So it's like putting them in a basket at at a at A at a silent auction that you know I I've been to. Everybody's been to a million of those. So you can put like ten tickets in the one item that you want to win, right.
Speaker 3: Well, the for the online raffle, you'll just have the list. So if the first person picks a bottle of bourbon and then you win number two, we're gonna see.
Speaker 1: If your your yours is available.
Speaker 3: But at the live raffle, that's exactly what we're gonna be doing. We're gonna do a live raffle with fret Board next Saturday on the eighth from three to five pm, and we'll have seven additional bottles there and that's how we're gonna work it. We're just gonna put baskets in front of it, each bottle of bourbon, and you get a If you bought a ticket online, we're gonna give you seven tickets. You can put them in one basket, in each or you want them all in one if you've got a certain bottle you like, and we'll just at the end of the day, we'll just start pulling tickets out of there and give those bottles away as well. So you can win online, you can win in person, a lot of opportunity to get some really good bottles of bourbon for.
Speaker 1: You know, a very cheap ticket, honestly, very cheap ticket and an unbelievably worthy cause. So every little it helps. And you put five hundred tickets together at twenty five bucks a pop, you've got a nice contribution for the charities and the veterans. Let's pause. I want to bring you both back to get a little bit more detail about this. Separate events a fretboard brewing event on the eighth, but then the concert for the cause is April twelfth, so we're going to talk about the details on those. Just hang in. We'll be back with Matt and Shay after these brief words. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: At the Williams Residence.
Speaker 1: Everything look kind of Joanna nine says today it's going to be a windy day when advisory starts at ten am, last until seven pm. Partly cloudy skies fifty seven for the high, overnight low of.
Speaker 5: Thirty one, Tomorrow's high thirty eight, clouds in the morning, sun in the afternoon, a chance of snow flurries, overnight low of eighteen with clearing skies, and then mostly sunny Sunday with a high thirty eight thirty seven right now in time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCU tram Thing Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five. You see see see cruise continue to work with an accident left hand side that's southbound seventy five and paddock with that left lane block. Traffic is backing up through Lachland just under a half hour delay out of the even deal to the lateral north pound seventy five slows a bit buttermilk Kyle's chuck ingram on fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty eight fIF five car se de talk station Happy Friday, Ryan Thomas with Matt De Maris from Vets and Bruce and Shay Hensley from Concert for a Cause. Kind of teaming up this year to help wonderful causes. Now Matt's Vets and Bruce. You give Matt ten bucks. Seven bucks goes to buy a veteran of beer. Three bucks goes to Patriots Landing, and he's put together a ton of money for Patriots Landing for your well charitable support of the American veter making sure they got a nice cold beer in front of him. You'll be able to do that at the live drawing at the Bourbon Barrel. Live drawing, so go online to fifty five care Sea dot com. Click the link that will get you to the pagery. Buy your online raffle twenty bottles of bourbon and they're all listed right there. You'll be having an opportunity to win one of those with your online ticket. We've already sold one of them at least Matt Chip, thank you very much. He sent me a screenshot of his purchase. So out the door they go. So the the online burbo bottles. You're going to draw those tickets at the Bourbon Barrel Raffle Live drawing at Fretboard in Blue Ash on the eighth. Correct, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll go through one at a time and just go down the list until they're all gone. And once once the online are all gone, we're going to start pulling the the in person, the seven bottles for the in person. And because we did it last year, we had no one that won online came to the in person, okay, and we were like, well, we want to make sure that people that show up end up walking out of here with some bourbon. So we set aside seven of the bottles that we collected over the last year, which are really good bottles, and yeah, we're going to make sure that at least seven people are walking out with some really nice bottles of bourbon this time.
Speaker 1: All right, And this works out to people who buy online as well, because everyone, if you buy a ticket online and you show up at the event on the eighth at Fretboard, you're going to get seven tickets to put in those little individual baskets of seven individual baskets. So let's say you want to win the four Roses basket, throw all of your tickets into that one, right and or spread them around the entire group there, and everybody who shows up is going to get a free ticket for the raffle, and it's open to the public. So if you don't want to participate in the online raffle, you still have an option to show up and maybe buy a veteran of beer. And I wanted to tell remind people that when you go out and about these various microbreweries, Matt has established a relationship with quite a few of them. And you have one of those Patriot Landing flag boxes that they've turned into a donation, So you put ten bucks in that box and they will end up getting the veteran and a beer and the donation of Patriots Landing, and that happened. I bring that up most importantly because next Wednesday's my listener lunch and we're having it at March First Brewery on East Kemper, and they have a donation box there.
Speaker 3: I'm told, yeah, they have one in there at the Cincinnati location in downtown, but I'm planning on I'm planning on showing up for the listener lunch, so I'll have some donations on hand, so if there's any veterans there, I'll make sure that they get the first round on bets.
Speaker 1: And Bruce fantastic, all right. And every time you buy a beer at the Bourbon Barrel Raffle Live Drawing, you get a ticket as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we're trying to influence people to get tickets, man. So we'll have every time you buy a beer, we'll give you a ticket. You can drop it in any of the baskets. And we're also going to have like a prize wheel there, so ten dollars of spend you get to spend that thing, you'll win anywhere from ten to fifty tickets. So you all day long, man, you can spend that thing as many times as you want to try to up your chances to win one of those. It's gonna be It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm sure it is. And proceeds for that go to reserving two VIP vets and Bruce Veteran tables at the Concert for a Cause, so and veterans. You can register online to win a seat and you can bring a guest if you win. So the remaining proceeds gets split between Concerts for a Cause and of course Matt Damaris's Vets for Brew charity now pivoting over to Shay and the concert for a cause that's also at Fretboard Brewing, but it's it on April twelfth, correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, April twelfth, fret Board there in.
Speaker 1: Blue ash And who's playing, Oh that's that's yeah.
Speaker 4: So we got a lift the Odor. She's a local young lady that's been around southern country music for years down in Nashville and stuff. She got her little band back together. And also Abes Lincoln has got to be the headliner.
Speaker 1: Abes Lincoln. That's awesome, Abes Lincoln.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these guys are great. Yeah, if you're into seventies, eighties, nineties and even up up to now, just high energy dancing, getting the crowd involved and stuff like. Yeah, it's a great group of guys all right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: They're pretty cool too because they they play the video for the song that they're singing right behind, so like you're you're watching the original video, but you're hearing their version of them singing. And I've been I've seen their shows quite a few times. Man.
Speaker 1: There it's very entertaining, all right, and it's open to the public, and it's there's no don't there's no obligation that donate at the door. But of course we're encouraging a ten dollar donation at the door to buy veterans beers. You have raffle baskets there as well, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yes, well we got raffle baskets fifty to fifty and stuff. The donations at the door for that night will just go to Inclusive Housing Resources and stuff. Matt will be there for the veterans and stuff already with the tables and stuff like that. All right, Yeah, we're just asking for it. It's kind of it's open to the public. Anybody welcome, you know, but there'll be other things, you know, going on all throughout the night.
Speaker 1: That's great. So it's all for a great cause. Obviously winning a bottle of bourbon to put a smile on your face. And Chip, who just bought a ticket, he said, don't mention I won wellers last year, So sorry, I did mention it.
Speaker 3: I've already sold like twenty five bottles Man since we've been on the air.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. See listen, you get a good cause like this together and they're gonna buy a ticket. It is probably more because they want to support your cause than because they want a bottle of bourbon. Although you've got some damn good bourbons on the list. So I've become a bourbon fan over the years just because I've encountered some of these bourbon raffles. It's like, you know, it's pretty good stuff. So anyhow, I appreciate what you guys are doing throughout the year. I hope you have wildly successful events, and I want to thank my listening audience for buying up these tickets. Apparently they're only four hundred and nine left now and you started out this morning. I think in the what four hundred and thirty one so handful of tickets have been sold. They'll be gone by the end of the day. Though, I hope guys keep up the great work. You got an opportunity on the Morning Show. Anytime you guys that have given an event going on to spread the word, I'm happy to do it because I know what great causes these are, So celebrate and enjoy them and thank the American veteran. At the same time, take care, guys, good luck with the events.
Speaker 3: Thanks take for sure a sport.
Speaker 1: My pressure Man, My Pleasure eight forty five. It's fifty five KRC dot com Go ahead and get signed up for those tickets, stick around and be right back fifty five KRC