Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The celebration continue every day. Is like another Super Bowl, right, I mean, this is amazing watching all these picks come down. We'll get to those shortly. But something pretty important, as you know, happened in the US Senate today when they picked the successor to Mitch McConnell. You already know that was John Thune. But how great to start the show with my friend Dick Wadhams, who got John Thune elected to the US Senate and in about the toughest race you can imagine. Take it on the sitting US Senate majority leader at the time, Tom dashel So.
Speaker 2: Dick, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, nice to be with you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. Hey, tell us everything we need to know about John Thune.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what I think that One of the things about John's background I think gets lost in the supple is that two years before he ran against Dashell and beat Dashel. He ran against the other Senator in South Dakota, Senator Tim Johnson, who just recently passed away. But Johnson defeated Soon was at a House member, and Soon's career political career looked over with he had friends of the Senate. He got beat and it looked like he was done. But he had the courage stand to get up off the mat and to take on a much ostensibly a much tougher opponent in the most powerful Democrat in America in two thousand and four, and that was Tom Dashel. And actually Dashel had been majority leader by the time he ran for reelection in four Republicans had taken the Senate, so he's actually Senate minority leader. But I will say that this was before Obama. Obama was a Senate candidate in Illinois and four the most powerful Democrat in the Mama was Tom Dashel, and he tied the Senate and not obstructing the the the George W.
Speaker 4: Bush agenda.
Speaker 3: But john had the courage to get off the mat run against AshEL and then you want a big victory.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and uh And someday I really want to talk in depth about how you guys pulled that off. But tell folks uh more about thing, just who he is, what makes him tick, his worldview, and what you expect from him as a Senate majority leader. Knowing at this point that there are concerns among some very prominent supporters of President Trump that that Tune is not a never Trumper, but maybe not that supportive of of Trump or.
Speaker 2: Not that much of a fan, you know.
Speaker 3: And I really don't understand that, Dan, because and I'll tell you why, because on ponise the issues, there is virtually no difference between John Tune and Donald Trump on Thomasy issues. Yes, Soon was critical of Trump, as a lot of Republicans have been about this election conspiracy stuff and also the January Puts attack on the Capitol. But remember Soon was part of the leadership team when McConnell was the Senate majority leader. And remember what happened during those days. In the first Trump administration. McConnell, along with the help of John Soon, got more than two hundred juditional nominations through the Senate, including three Supreme Court nominations. And remember two it was Mitch McConnell who stopped the Senate from approving a successor to Justice Galia when he died. He kept that open for a year and a half and had the courage to do it. He got the Trump tax cut built through the Senate. He defended the president President Trump's agenda on deregulation on immigration. I frankly have always been perplexed what this negativity towards Mitch McConnell. He's not the most likable guy in the world. But I'll tell you what, in terms of his performance as Majority leader and getting the Trump agendas or the Senate in those years, I don't see what the problem was. Sune was a big part of that.
Speaker 1: Frankly, Yeah, I think the people who saved American democracy recently did it in twenty sixteen. I think it was Trump his voters in Mitch McConnell, because keeping that seat open for Gorsich, we would have had Justice Merrick Garland. Instead we got Justice Neil Gorsich, and then down the stretch, equally impressive getting Justice Barrett confirmed in the last what forty days. I mean, that's saved American democracy. And listen, I get it that you know there are concerns about er were McConnell because he had said some negative things about Trump, etc. And I think that just goes to the level of loyalty and devotion to President Trump, which we saw play.
Speaker 2: Out on election Day with another win.
Speaker 1: But but personally, and I've said it for years on air, I think Soon will do a great job. I think you would have done a great job if you'd been put in place five years ago. And so I think I think Trump will end up very happy with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, they will work. There is no discernible difference between John Soon and Donald Trump on the fundamental issues that the administration wants to tackle and and the priorities that the Majority leader Soon will will want to tackle as well. So I think it's going to be a great relationship along with Speaker Johnson and the House who Trump endorsed this week. Yeah, and I think it's a I think it's going to be a great team.
Speaker 1: What do you think the looking ahead, what do you think the number one legislative priority for Soon and Trump? Trump and Soon is going to be? What do you see them actually succeeding with Because they've got to have a top priority, right, you got to take this political capital, put it on the table, and then push the think bigs through quickly.
Speaker 3: I think clearly immigration has got to be the number one issue. Then I don't have any special insight into what they're going to do, so it just strikes me that was the number one issue of the campaign. It's the number one failure of the of the Biden Harris heres and I know that President Trump can do a lot of that by executive order, but there will need need to be some fundamental legislation passed as well, So I think that's number one. The other thing is reducing the size scoop and of the power of the federal government, which I think that we've already seen Trump move on that, and obviously there will have to be legislation moves through the Congress. So that's where that's where the majority leader soon that comes in. I'm the speaker, Johnson. So and that goes back to inflation. I mean Biden caused the inflation by those massive there's massive spending bills.
Speaker 2: Now, that's right. Dick Dick wandhams our guest again.
Speaker 1: He ran John Thune's winning campaign in South Dakota, knocking off Tom Dashel.
Speaker 2: What do you about think about these two guys?
Speaker 1: How are they going to get along. Uh, you know they're going to have some quality time together. I mean in person and more often remotely. Are they going to click?
Speaker 3: You're talking about Trump?
Speaker 2: No, talking about Soon and Trump? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I think they will. In fact, then Soon spend time at mar Lago before the election with Trump, and I think they had a great meeting there kind of and that was of course before Soon got elected the majority leader. But then, no, I think they will. I think what they will find is that they are so similar in terms of the big issues and the big policies that they want to accomplish. That that that will that will have it mean a great relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, are you going to go back there and work with him now that he's king of the hill?
Speaker 2: Pig cheese?
Speaker 4: No, I love it.
Speaker 3: I loved I loved working for four campaign. And I loved helping the other senator from South Dakota, former Governor Mike Browns, who was up for re election this time for a third term, and I helped him in twenty fourteen. And I love South Dakota. It's a great state. But you know I'm staying here, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, Richard, he appreciate the time and we're going to have lots.
Speaker 3: To talk about, Yes we should.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all right, Thank you, Thank you, Dick. Yeah, great to talk to Dick. It was I know it seems a little distant right now, but I got to tell you that was one of the great political accomplishments of the century, was knocking off Tom Dashel up in South Dakota. And Dick were in that campaign. And John Thune, obviously very good candidate. I don't claim to know him personally, had dinner with him once. If I remember it was John. It was John Thune, Senator Thune, his wife, I think his daughter joined us.
Speaker 2: It was Amy and me, and it was.
Speaker 1: Back in the day when there was a lot of talk about me running for Senate. But I remember just really liking the guy. And you know, there were some you know, kind of superficial policy discussion during the dinner, but it was it was more personal stuff and just really liking him personally. And so between that and everything you see on the policy front, I would bet you I don't know either of these guys personally, but I would bet you that they end up getting along at least a lot better than Trump and McConnell got along, but his dick was saying, McConnell came through for Trump and for America on the policy front on some real big ones. So hey, but we got to talk about what everybody's talking about, right, So let's come back and talk about Matt Gates, the pick for AG.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of other big picks today.
Speaker 1: Will talk about Marco Rubio Secretary of State, we'll talk about Tulsea, we'll talk about others, but we got to talk about Matt Gates for AG. It's the pick. It's the water cooler conversation. I've got my own unique take I have not heard anywhere else. I think you're gonna hear it and say, boy, that's true. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Got to get your take on this, Matt Gates for Attorney General. I think I don't think anybody saw that coming outside of the Trump circle.
Speaker 2: I sure didn't. Would not have been my first pick.
Speaker 1: But I see exactly what President Trump is doing, I believe, and I get it completely.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait to dive into that with you. Eight five to five for zero five eight.
Speaker 1: Two five to five the number techs d an five seven seven three nine. Quick take on that before we go to callers and texters. I think President Trump is doing two things with the Gates pick. And yes, President Trump obviously knows that it won't be the easiest pick to get confirmed, but we can talk about confirmation separately. I think he's doing two things, both very very reasonable and understandable. One is that listen, President Trump knows, because he has had to endure it and the way no other American president has. President Trump knows that the left will stop at nothing, The left will stop at nothing to end him politically. The left will stop at nothing, no limits, in order to undermine his presidency. And so the next lie, the next big lie about him, that the next big Russia hoax is just around the corner.
Speaker 2: It's coming, and it will be one of many.
Speaker 1: And there is only one individual in all of government, one individual all of government, who can undermine a president, and that is the Attorney general. And I think, having been through what Trump has been through with the Russia hoax and more, I think Trump wants an attorney general who he has total confidence is politically aligned and will not will not undermine him because remember it's that one person and the only person individual in all of government, who can destroy a presidency on his or her own.
Speaker 2: So I think Trump needed that comfort.
Speaker 1: The other thing I think he's doing is is he has been again no other president in American history subjected to this. He has been subjected to the single greatest threat to the stability and continuation of our nation since the Cuban missile crisis. And that is the lawfare that was launched against him, the abuse of our legal system to try to jail a political opponent you cannot defeat at the polls. And they wanted him think about this, think about how personal it has to be for him, but his personal interests aligned with the national.
Speaker 2: Interest on this.
Speaker 1: They wanted him to die in jail. That was the plan. They were going to abuse the legal system and force.
Speaker 2: Him to die in jail.
Speaker 1: And so I think what Donald Trump is doing is on a personal level, which is also good for the nation. He wants everybody, everybody who misused the law to try to undermine this nation, undermine our political process, undermine democracy, and cause him to die in jail. That was their goal. He wants all of those people to not sleep. He wants all of those people to fear that if they committed a crime, and I under Lundy, if if they committed a crime in the course of abusing the legal system to put him in jail. He wants them to not sleep, and he wants to send a message, and it's a healthy message for this nation. I don't want any lawfair. I'm not saying he should engage in lawfair. That would be horrible, but I think he wants to send a message that if you're going to do that, if you're going to attack the very foundation of this nation through that kind of lawfare, then you better be aware that if you committed a crime in the process, we are going to find it and we are going to prosecute you. So I think he is trying to send that message. And again, I don't want to see lawfair. I don't want to see an abuse of the legal system the way the left did, and I don't think he's going to do that for a second. But if there were actual, real crimes committed in the process of that horror of lawfare that was launched by the left, I think he has every intention of prosecuting those eight five five for zero five A two five five takes da N five seven, seven, three or nine. And want to get your take on whether you think he'll be confirmed. Let's go to Mike in Denver, Colorado. You're on the Dan Capitlis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey Dan. Yeah, I was just screened by her collar and she was a little frustrated with me.
Speaker 2: But Kelly gets frustrated with nobody.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I am a seven generation Colorado Hispanic American, and I'm just wondering what you think will be the strategy that the Trump administration will use to extract illegal immigrants and to deport them. Do you think they'll think they'll use law enforcement? Do you think like, how are they going to.
Speaker 4: Set up roadblock?
Speaker 6: Do you think that they're going to knock a knock door to door?
Speaker 2: Do you think they have a great question? My great, great question.
Speaker 1: And there was a a well sourced piece out today about how the administration is looking at at buying these facilities around the country outside of major cities in order to house in very humane conditions large numbers of folks here illegally. So I think there's a critical word we have to add to the conversation, and that is criminal illegals, because I think the administration is going to be targeting those who have come here legally and then committed other serious crimes. So that's that's what I see coming, and what I see them doing at that point is is, of course they're going to use federal marshals, and of course they're going to use law enforcement where law enforcement is cooperative. But one way or the other, they are going to as they should. They're going to lawfully track down those who have not only committed illegally but committed other serious crimes, and and they're going to apprehend them and they're going to put them their due process and deport them.
Speaker 6: Okay, but but if someone came across the border illegally, then they are a criminal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, But they're not doing it.
Speaker 6: With a mother and her kid or something that they would be if they broke the law.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, right, But as as you heard me say, Mike, there's a distinction between somebody who is here illegally and somebody who is here illegally and then, in addition, committed one or more serious crimes. And that it's the second category that Trump is targeting and has made it clear that that's who he's targeting now, Mike, there's an additional category, as you probably know, of folks who have been adjudicated. They've been through the process and the courts have said no, you have to leave, and they didn't leave. And in the Trump administration, that's going to be their second layer priority.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: And then just my last quick kind of follow up question that your screener did not like.
Speaker 1: Approximately I'm fighting some something, but why the beef with Kelly?
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm good, I'm good you didn't like my follow up question. My follow up question was how many of these illegal immigrants do you think are going to perish as a result of this effort?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think what a great question, Mike, what a great question. I have to hit this break. You're welcome to hang on, my friend. I love your questions. I think this effort is going to save so many lives. It's going to save so many lives of people here I legally right now. It's going to save so many lives.
Speaker 2: Of people who might otherwise.
Speaker 1: Want to come here ilegally and be raped and murdered along the way. It's it's first and foremost. And I say that not because of race, or gender or anything else. But but this obligation of our government to American citizens, because all human life is created by God, has to be treated with dignity. But American citizens deserve the protection of their government as well. And it's going to save a ton of innocent American lives. So great call, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: I just think one point that we're missing here is that Trump is not a convicted felon. Technically, a judgment conviction is not entered until he sentenced. And I think one of the reasons that they asked for the delay in the first place is there hoping to get the case thrown out by Mershawn without ever having a judgment of conviction entered. The whole point of the motions dismiss well, the motion to vacate the convictions, was that he never become a convicted felon in the first place, and as long as this is frozen, technically he's not a convicted felon, even though you know rhetorically he's addressed that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Great to appoint by Andy mccarthur.
Speaker 1: You joined us that it was last week Orsona asked Andy if he was going to be the AG. I would love to see him in that job, and it was very interesting because Andy didn't laugh, he didn't demure. What Andy said was I can't comment on that, but what I can tell you is I don't have to be the guy who signs the pleadings. And so I'm hoping that's a hint that Andy is going to be in the Attorney General's office. Obviously, Matt Gates is the pick for Attorney General. George Brockler will join us at four fifty give us his thoughts on the Gates pick. I've already shared mine and I'll cycle back to it. Let's go to Highland's Ranch. Welcome one of our crowd favorites. That's Carle. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 9: Welcome, Hi, Dan.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to say in your last segment, you really touch on something that I feel so strongly about and that I don't want anyone prosecuted who didn't break the law. However, I do want people to be held accountable who put this man and his family and the country through all these bogus charges, these childs because I think a lot of people supported him after they saw what he went through.
Speaker 6: I really do.
Speaker 10: Oh yes, And I think these people need to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: Thank you for Yeah, Thank you, Carly appreciate that. I would add one layer to what Carl just said. Yes, nobody in this nation should ever be prosecuted, you know, for something they didn't do, and we saw that happen with Trump, And I would add nobody should be prosecuted for something where the motivation is purely political. In other words, where they may have done something, but the only reason they're being prosecuted is politics, where they wouldn't be prosecuting a Democrat for the same thing, but they're prosecuting the Republican because of politics.
Speaker 2: Because, as I said in the last segment, it's.
Speaker 1: The greatest threat to this nation since the Cuban missile crisis, the lawfair that the left just waged. And I think Trump's trying to send a message if you violated the law in trying to undermine this nation with lawfare and cause me to die in jail, then we are going to pursue you. I think that's one of the messages he's sending with the Gates pick lance and Evergreen.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 4: Welcome a right, Dan. Thanks? Hey, did you watch the RNC?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, what happened when Mitch McConnell was introduced at the r n C.
Speaker 2: Boy, I didn't see that part. I imagine it did not end.
Speaker 4: Well, you didn't see it when he was roundly booed in the RNC.
Speaker 2: Doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 4: Why doesn't it surprise you.
Speaker 2: I think he's very We always talked so.
Speaker 4: Good about him and talk oh the great person he is for America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for pointing that out.
Speaker 4: All the Republicans boot him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Lance, thanks for pointing that out because it's one of the things I'm most proud of. I'm going to speak the truth, whether everybody likes it or everybody hates it. And the truth is, oh thought, I must be wrong.
Speaker 7: Well, it's so much porking into every bill that that Chuck Schumer whatever Chuck Schumer wants McConnell was putting it in there.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask Americans they're sick of that.
Speaker 2: May ask you this favorite.
Speaker 4: We don't care how many judges he did, especially when you get fewer judges than then the Biden administration did, and we don't need a Trump hater like Dick Wadham come coming on and telling us how great a secret vote is for America.
Speaker 1: Lance, is this personal with Mitch or something? Because when oh, yeah, I guess he doesn't want a dialogue. But the point is I was going to ask Lance whether he's ever made any mistakes, whether he's perfect, And maybe he is perfect and just had an off day to day. But my point is this that not not all mistakes are created equal, and there can be some very good things that a person does that far outweigh any mistakes. And when Lance just minimizes, oh, I don't want to hear about the judges, he doesn't want to hear about the judges because they prove him wrong. What Mitch McConnell did, and saving the Gorsage seat from going to Merrick Garland from going to an Obama appoint what he did in getting Amy Coney Barrett appointed to the court, you know, just within thirty days they had about thirty days left. Those were historically massive difference called accomplishments that save democracy for America. So yeah, I think Mitch McConnell deserves a lot of credit for that, and I think it out weighs some other things he did that I don't agree with.
Speaker 2: Justin and Littleton. You're on the dan Kaplas, she'll welcome.
Speaker 11: Hey, there damn few things. Maybe we get to the miss McConnel thing in a minute. But the reason he picked the top three the way he did, which was obviously states ag and.
Speaker 2: Defense.
Speaker 11: They're the exact opposite of all the ones before. So you look at Tillerson, I accepted the exact opposite.
Speaker 4: You look at ob.
Speaker 11: Sessions, and Keith is the exact opposite. And you know the other one. Who's the other one again?
Speaker 2: Oh? Which job? We got a whole bunch of jobs, are.
Speaker 11: Not Kelly Madis. So you look at mad he saith Yeah, yeah, I think they're up to like eighteen appointments.
Speaker 1: The other thing justin thank you, that I think s worth noting, and it goes to what I believe is another important amicure. Virtually everybody there might be an exception in here somewhere. I know Susie Wiles isn't in her twenties or anything. Excuse me, I'm not getting emotional. I'm just fighting some bug the size of a German shepherd I think across the board people are very young. They're relatively young or very young. And I think that's intentional. Thank you Justin for your call. I think it's intentional for a couple of different reasons. I think he wants that energy. I think he wants that intensity. I think he wants those fresh ideas. I think he wants that confidence from Americans, you know, who can look at a cabinet and say wow, yeah, finally we don't.
Speaker 2: Have seventy and eighty year olds.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is, I think even though he's in his obviously second term, staggered second term, I think he's building a cabinet for the next eight to twelve years. Not that everybody's going to hang around, but I think he's building a cabinet to outlast his presidency and to extend into the next presidency. Whether that's j D, whether that's Don Junior, I think that's what he's doing with this cabinet. Eight five to five for zero five A two five to five, Dan says a Texter, Where do you see RFK Junior having a place in Trump's cabinet?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: I really thought he would.
Speaker 1: Be a g I'd expect CDC maybe Health and Human Services somewhere in there. Yeah, yeah, somewhere. But you know this, right, He's going to be prominent. He is going to have a very prominent post. It's not going to be under as he should be out.
Speaker 12: Yes, do you think Trump wins the election, especially the popular vote without RFK Junior's endorsement, Probably.
Speaker 2: Not the popular vote.
Speaker 1: I think he wins the election, but I think that was a really big deal obviously when RFK Junior endorsed him Kim right after the dumb convention. And I think Trump's going to deliver and he should have a prominent post, and he will. I think, as everybody knows, Tulsea Gabbert in the cabinet right now, and I'm just double checking my list here, so Marco Rubia, Today's Secretary of State, Director of National Intelligence, Tulci Gabbard. Great to see her in a prominent position in the cabinet. We can go through the whole list when we have two or three days, because are the question before break a lot of appointments.
Speaker 12: Will Matt Gates make it through the Senate confirmation process as Attorney General?
Speaker 2: What a great question.
Speaker 1: Let me tease that into the next segment if I may, because if you just joined us, thank you, and I want to give you my quick take. I mentioned it earlier, but I'm not hearing it anywhere else and I think it's dead on. But my quick take on why the Matt Gates appointment will get into whether he's likely to be confirmed. But also if you get a chance when you get home tonight, maybe one of the greatest tweets I've ever sent, And thank you Ryan for sending that picture. It's at Dan Kaplis on Twitter. This tremendous picture of Trump with Joe and Joe Biden today and my caption is Trump celebrating with two of his voters, because one thing we can be sure of they both voted for Donald Trump. I don't think that they were subtle about that. And I want to play some sound of Trump at the White House today.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was.
Speaker 1: A really cool moment that they both handled really well. Biden handled great, Trump handled great, great for the country. I want to play that sound for you. You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Check out at Dan Taplas on Twitter. You see three very friendly people. President Trump posing for a picture today at the White House with two of his voters, Joe and Joe Biden. It's really a very striking picture. Check it out please at Dan Caplis on Twitter. Hey, let's go to the VIP line. Welcome George Brockler back to the show. First time, George, you've been on with us since you were elected DA again of course obviously in a repo the first time, great tenure and now in Douglas County since the two split off. So a lot of drama there on election night. Was it one of those Saddam hundred zero deals.
Speaker 9: I gotta wish no, But it's one of those things where when you're the candidate and you'll experience this, Dan, when you run for governor. I'm just saying, when you or or whatever you'll experience this. It doesn't matter what your gut tells you, it doesn't matter what everybody around you tells you. There's just something in your head as a candidate that until you see the numbers, you're like, anything could happen, Anything could happen, like thuone, you know what I mean. Like that was a great interview with Dick Wadhams where I'm sure Thune when he got into that race, and up until the very end, people were like, you're not going to beat this guy. That's Tom dashall Man. He's the most powerful Democrat in the country. And then he did, right, Like Tom Dashel is the guy that thought I got this, I got it, and then all of a sudden he didn't. I don't want to be that guy. I want to be Tom Bashman.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, no, no, that's right, And that's human nature, right. I mean, I imagine on election night they had to know, they had to have the internals right, But until you know, President Trump and the team saw those numbers start going up, you're never really sure. And it's just just part of the human process. But hey, thanks for joining us. I wanted to get your take on Matt Gates. I think a pick that none of us saw coming. So what do you make of it as a prosecutor yourself?
Speaker 9: Well, I was surprised, and I say that there'll be a caveat at the end here. I was surprised because this is a guy who has spent a cup of coffee practice in law at a civil firm before he went into the state legislature. In Florida and then Congress, this is a guy who if you hired him Dan other than as a rain maker, you'd have to make him like your entry level associate because he's never done it. He's never done anything. But then I listened to you talk about him in the context of, Look, if you want to make sure that your flank is protected, right, you've got to put someone out there who's going to be loyal to your flank and cover your six and all that. That makes sense to me. But I want to add just an extra plus to what your theory is, and that is, if you look at these positions, it may be that he's not just looking for loyalists. He's looking for people who can articulate the position of the administration with courage, guts and do a good job at it. And then my guess is everybody downstream from them that we probably don't have great visibility on will all be doing the other heavyesting and executing on that mission. So if that's the role that Gates is going to play much more of a spokesman and kind of the I will be the stop on this. If someone tries to go crazy and say, hey, let's go after the president. I can be the stop on that.
Speaker 4: Then it makes sense.
Speaker 9: You know, headset makes sense too, right, Like, here's a guy who has great combat experience, two bronze stars. You just can't argue with that kind of stuff. But managing the entire department defense the Pentagon, I don't know if that's in his wheelhouse, but you know that Dad is going to be great. Yeah, that's right. You know, the dude's going to be great at putting the Trump position out there and articulating it in a persuasive way. And these guys are all going to be able to learn on the job. So in that context, I think it's great. The only concern about having to do to the top that, as you pointed out signs, the charges and stuff that he doesn't have a Sullivan with him, is what is that skill set he's relying upon to decide whether they move forward on a case? You know what I mean, Like you have it. You've been doing this forever. You've got the guts and the experience. You can look at something and go, I know, it seems like a tough case. I can get this thing in the end. How does he do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it goes back to what you said a second ago, George Brockler, our guest, which is, and I think it's a great point. I'm looking down the list of picks right now, and I know most of these people, a couple I don't, but they're all great communicators, and there's every reason to believe they're all on the same page with with Donald Trump ideologically, and where they're not, they'll defer to their boss.
Speaker 2: And so I do.
Speaker 1: Think there's tremendous value in that. And it also ties into my belief George, that this cabinet, and a very young cabinet overall, is to be an eight to twelve year cabinet.
Speaker 2: It's intended to extend, not.
Speaker 1: Each and every one that's not real life, but extend into the next presidency, whether it's JD. Vance or a Don Junior or whatever. But I think try President Trump, like a lot of people who reach that age, but also so much he's devoted to his movement, you know, just wants it to outlive him and extend beyond him. So I think that ties into it. But then you get to the rubber meet the road like it meets the road, like you said, and yeah, I wonder whether Andy McCarthy is going to be that guy for Gates because I mentioned when he was on the show last week and I asked him if he was going to be a g He didn't laugh or anything like that. He said, I can't discuss it, and just said I don't have to be the guy, you know, signing the papers. So I wonder if Gates is if Andy McCarthy is going to be that number two for.
Speaker 2: Gates or somewhere high in that chain.
Speaker 1: But all these people will have other people who can do the day to day management stuff.
Speaker 9: I think that's true. I think it's it's only on the biggest, highest profile cases, or you want someone because Gates is going to feel this. He's going to be in the captain's chair and he's going to look around the room for you know, on a split decision where guys like McCarthy and others will come to him and say this is what I think, and they'll be and he's not going to have anyone else if he can turned to it'll just be him in the mirror and have to make the decision, and I'm sure he can do it. I think also this may be a longer term play, not just for the cabinet. But remember Gates has given some indication he'd love to replace DeSantis and as the high profile congressman from Florida. I don't know if that's a slam dunker, if that words up people. But if Donald Trump's attorney general for a period of time, you know, a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Even I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know what that does for this guy. I think there's a real opportunity here. But if you're the Dems, you look at these things and you're starting to get out the knives for the confirmation here? Do you know these guys are going to be confirmed?
Speaker 6: But you don't care?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the only one who may be at all endowed is.
Speaker 1: Gates, right, And we just have to wait to see what we start hearing from from some of the softer Republicans. But George, congrats on you're a big win. Douglas County is obviously in a great hands, and hopefully you'll be on a bunch now. I thank you, my friend, as much as you'll let me. Yep, well that'll be almost every day, and hey, yeah, we'll come back. I want to talk about Gates, these other big appointments Tolca Gabbard in My Theory and why he picked Gates. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.