Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to Corky Beach Day organizer Kelly maclamore.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Kelly, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? So we've got two big dog events this weekend. Our Wiggle Waggle Walk for Pasadena Humane is on Sunday, and the day before, on Saturday, thousands of corkis are descending on Huntington Beach. Tell us about so Cal Corgy Beach Day.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, So Soca Corky Beach Day comes to Huntington Beach on Saturday. We have thousands of Corgis, we have over forty pet venders, we have Corgi contests all day long, food trucks and everything corky. And it's all dog friendly, so anybody can come. You don't have to have Corky to attend.
Speaker 1: I hear that if you don't have a Corgi, your dog becomes an honorary Corgi for the day.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. And we have a lot of honorary Corkies that come, and even people that just don't have a Corky and they just love to see all those little fluffy butts walking around the beach.
Speaker 1: Okay, so where do all the corkis come from.
Speaker 2: You know, most of them come from obviously so Cal, but we have a ton of people that come from all over the US. They make road trips to come with their dogs and come to Corgy each day. We even have people that come from overseas Europe. We've had people come from Dubai. I mean, they come from everywhere, and I'm we're always surprised that they keep coming. There's just there's tons of corky people everywhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so what are some of the activities that are going on? You mentioned that there's going to be food vendors at food trucks and there's going to be vendors and that kind of thing. But what are some of the things that corkys do. Is it just to come and show your you know, share your corgi or do you have actual activities for them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a whole itinerary planned all day. So the main arena area is the hub of all the action and that's where we have all of our contests. So we have most popular one, of course, costume contests, and our theme of Corkybach is Corgabunga USA kind of a shout out to Huntington Beach starts to the USA. We also have Corky Limbo because it's perfect for the little short legs, best Corky butt fluffiess Corgy Loudest Barking Corky contest, which is a new one, and that's a hit already. And what else do we have? We have tons of contests all day long, and it's all at the main arena, so okay, that's the heat of the action. And then other than that, there's tons of other stuff to do as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then the Corgi races, So the Corky's race, and I'm do they race on the sand?
Speaker 2: They do? We have done that before and we've timed them to so we do another event called Corky National So the winner of that event goes to compete in Corgy Nationals. They win a spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I bet it's really fun to watch them on the sand because as their little legs sink in, you probably just see them skimming along the beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's pretty funny, all right.
Speaker 1: And so what why do people love corky so much? Kelly?
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I love Corky's because it feels like they're just big dogs and little bodies. They're loyal, they're active, very smart, sometimes too smart, but there's just a great companion. I'm a quirky lover for life. I'll always have a Corky.
Speaker 1: I love that. Okay, So if you want to participate, when do things get started on Saturday?
Speaker 2: So ten am to three pm on Saturday. Come to Huntington Beach, just two blocks south of the pier. The event is free to the public excuse and there's a huge parking lot, which is new for us this time. We've moved locations, so we have thousands of parking spots.
Speaker 1: Crime great great great. And where can people get more information? Kelly?
Speaker 2: They can go to Sokelcorgybeach Day dot com or also on Instagram, so Cal Corky Beach Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much, Kelly macklamore. Good luck with so Cal Corky Beach Day. Sounds like a lot, a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Thank you all.
Speaker 1: I take care