Speaker 1: Wow, we have one highwayman left Yep, will He's still hanging. Yeah, old and Wrinkley Willie, but he's he's still still hanging. Rest in peace. Chris Christophferson died at age eighty eight. And Wow, we were just talking off air. What was some of the things that he did that people don't know? Like the janitor story was amazing.
Speaker 2: We always kind of joke around, like Chris he was an ok singer, He was an okay actor, but a great songwriter, right, Yeah, not just that. Chris Christofferson was a Golden Gloves boxer.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Played football in college, was a rugby star, was an Oxford scholar, getting his Masters in English from Merton College at Oxford. Flew helicopters as a captain in the US Army, turned down an appointment to teach at West Point to pursue songwriting in Nashville, So instead of teaching at the US Military Academy, he worked part time as a janitor at Columbia Records to try to get into the business.
Speaker 1: Talk about chasing your dreams, man, and burning your boats like General Cortez and having that's uh. I admire that, especially in any industry where it's really really, really tough to make it, especially back then. You know, right now you can get on YouTube or whatever and you've got a broader chance of someone making wow much respect. Yeah. He uh. He passed away at his home in Maui's surrounded by families. By his family, according to his representatives, fifty plus years on the screen. And uh, I think my favorite role, well one of my not my favorite, but one of my favorite roles of course, star is born. I mean, how do you top that? But Abraham Whistler when he played Abraham Whistler in.
Speaker 2: Blade, who played his mother.
Speaker 1: That's a dollar out, thank you, that's a dollar out. His family did issue a statement here it is says it's with a heavy heart that we shared the news our husbands, slash fathers, slash grandfather. Chris Christofferson passed away peacefully on Saturday, September twenty eighth at home.
Speaker 2: He had a role in Payback the Mel Gibson movie. Did he where Mel Gibson was trying to get seventy thousand dollars back.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: And there were like three different bosses and he was one of the bosses, one of the crime bosses. It was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It goes on to say that we were also blessed for our time with him, Thank you for loving him all these many years. And when you see a rainbow, you know it's him smiling down on us. So they also said that there was no cause of death listed. So he was eighty eight. He was eighty eight. I liked that he went peacefully at home. Well, that's how I hope I get to go at home, you know. Oh, comedian Tom Mabe is walking already already here, hang on, hang on, grab a seat and have some headphones. We just got got here starting. Why did you knock? You saw the on air? Why don't you at least knock?
Speaker 3: Okay, check one, check too. I'm not hearing. Here's the issue.
Speaker 1: Plug your headphones here alright, trying to figure it out. All right, just talk about Chris Chris Stofferson passing away.
Speaker 3: Oh man, was that terrible? And I saw you know the barbari striis sound.
Speaker 1: They did a movie Stars Stars Born.
Speaker 3: She's getting up there, she's next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he be he beat her by nose.
Speaker 2: He beat me to it.
Speaker 1: Todd Mabes joined us. You're gonna we're gonna be talking to you. Just sitting right now.
Speaker 3: I'm early.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, no hang out, hang out with us, man and uh. Two juveniles were shot outside p r P High School in a football game. It looks like John. John Bradley, the spokesman for l m p D, says officer responded to a trouble run at seven point fifteen. JPS security officers requested LMPD for crowd control. Shots were fired in the parking lot a little bit after eight o'clock. Two juvenile victims, one of us sent to Saint Mary's Elizabeth and Is It has non threatening injuries. The other one, however, did go to University of Louisville Hospital facing critical injuries. Police says that the suspect fled and they're still looking for him. No suspect as of now.
Speaker 2: So the days of just getting into a fist fight and ending it are over.
Speaker 1: It is it is. I mean, I gotta tell you it's getting bad out there.
Speaker 3: I'm scared, Yeah, of course, I swear to God. Yeah, I'm extreme. I've never been more concerned in my life.
Speaker 1: No, me too, Tom, I'm you know, we'll get to joking around, but that's uh. Maybe we'll go joke around on this when travelers have been stranded at the Greyhound bus stations. Get it, get it. All you want to do is take a cheap transportation, but you know it leads me down. It's not just airlines, even the bus line, thank you Carl. Even the bus lines are breaking down. When I heard this story, I thought, wait a minute. I thought we didn't have a Greyhound bus station, and we don't. They closed and they moved it to a strip mantra. This comes from a Renee Cato. Uh, CatCo, sorry, CatCo, you're in here something about the time we'll tell that story maybe.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dozens of people are stranded at the bus station on Broadway. Evidently they shut down the all of the Greyhound bus I guess the whole organization was bought by another company and they started selling off properties, meaning bus stations, for profit. They sold the downtown Louisville one. The woman was right there at seventh of Muhammad. I believe that's where it was.
Speaker 3: I just bought the homeless shelter, did you. I'm going to turn it into a dispensary.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 1: But evidently some people have been stranded for hours. Some people have been stranding for days. All they wanted to do is take a bus. One man was taking a bus from Illinois to Florida. He's been here for two days.
Speaker 2: He could walk to Florida faster.
Speaker 1: You think. Yeah, Plus, who was to ride a Greyhound bus? I mean anyway, Greyhound has moved its Louisville stop to a strip mall West Broadway near twelfth Street. So I guess that what they did is they bought all these just Greyhound bus in general, and started taking big corner properties like the one that we had our bus station out selling it and it's running out of strip mall.
Speaker 3: The converting remember the photo mats.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, and you had to wait. You had to wait for two or three weeks to get your film back, and then when you did, there's a damn thumb print or something over yes yes, or the skin marker. What are the box office receipts? Real quick? Da mm hmm. All right, let's do that then see what happened. See how many these movies we actually know? I rarely know any of them. See what you know? Tom uh coming in, Let's do six because they got six on here. They were talking about Francis Ford Coppola head, Francis Francis, Uh, Megalopolis. Evidently there's been a lot of discussion. I don't know anything about Megalopolis.
Speaker 2: Do you not a thing?
Speaker 1: Four million? It came in.
Speaker 2: It's not like a Transformer thing.
Speaker 1: I know. It's a Francis Ford Coppola thing. And they said it was a it was a big deal, but it came in six Uh.
Speaker 3: I thought Meganapolis was that big, the big elephant look a thing on Sesame Street.
Speaker 1: No, that's a snuff.
Speaker 2: Okay. Here is Megalopolis a conflict between Caesar, a genius artist who seeks to leap into a utopian, idealistic feature, and his opposition, Mayor Franklin Cicero, who remains committed to a regress of status quo, perpetuating greed, special interest in partisan warfare. But that sounds fun, hilarious. Cost one hundred and twenty million to make in four million.
Speaker 1: Brought in four million dollars.
Speaker 2: So fifty weeks from now they're go and break even.
Speaker 1: Coming in at five. Uh. I'm sure I'm mispronounced this, but here we go. De Vera Part one who d e v ar a devau deva deva devora Part one.
Speaker 2: A twenty twenty four Indian Telugu language action drama directed by kaddi Ya Silva and jointly produced by You Have Shitty Arts and antr Arts.
Speaker 1: Oh that's he's my right, he's good, he's really.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety six, in a high level security meeting discussing the security threats to the nineteen ninety six Cricket World Cup in India, the police capture ye these henchmen to interrogate him about yet these whereabouts. I think it wouldn't do better if it were in three D action movie.
Speaker 1: You know. So let's get to regular guy movies. Here we go, coming at number four. Well, this is animated, so it's not a regular guy movie. Transformers one an animated movie. Felt at third place, nine point three million dollars is pretty strong. Beetle juice. Beetle juice. Damn it, Dave?
Speaker 3: Is that any good? Have you guys seen it?
Speaker 1: I wait until it comes on TBS for us.
Speaker 2: Nope, haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: I'm old school MANSA network, USA Network or TBS.
Speaker 1: Those are only two channels we have.
Speaker 2: It's takes four and a half hours with commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter. Hey, that's what VCRs are for, Dave, that's true. Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice took in second place, sixteen million. That's pretty strong. Yeah, and The Wild Robot won the North American box office this weekend. An animated movie. These cartoon movies thirty five million dollars in the debut weekend.
Speaker 2: Not cartoons and superheroes. That's all we have.
Speaker 3: You notice on Netflix the top ten movies, seven of them are always animated.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't like it. I'm like, I get kind of ticked off, like I just want to see something.
Speaker 1: I want to see. You know, people you want to see full frontal nudity and explosions, you know, And I.
Speaker 3: Tell you what they do not knock their full frontal nudi animators.
Speaker 2: Watch Watch the Piano Dight Ye?
Speaker 1: Is that a really good one?
Speaker 2: You get to see Harvey Kaitel full frontal.
Speaker 1: So there, Why would you.
Speaker 3: Adrian Brody right? Who Adrian Brody was?
Speaker 2: Helen Hunt was in it. I'm not sure who else it was born?
Speaker 1: Is it about a piano?
Speaker 2: Piano's in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? What's that movie about my left foot?
Speaker 2: That's oh that twit's his face, Daniel day Lewis.
Speaker 1: Is it just about a left foot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a famous.
Speaker 2: A famous left foot, my left foot and Oliver neural. No one expects much from Christy Brown. That's Daniel day Lewis. A boy was Sarah bra Palsy, born into a working class Irish family. Though Christie is a spastic quadriplegic, band name and essentially paralyzed, a miraculous event occurs when, at the age of five, he demonstrates control of his left foot by using.
Speaker 1: Chalk so he's drawing with it or.
Speaker 2: To scrawl a word on the floor. With the help of his mother, Brenda Fricker and no shortage of grit and determination, Christie overcomes his infirmity to become a painter, poet and author.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, hang on, spastic quadriplegiastic quadriplegic plural, that's just him. Just no, I'm just saying a band name.
Speaker 2: Well, it could be Christie in the spastic quadriplegics, you know something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, let me log it in right now? Is logged in?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right? Then? What final thing louder in life went off without a hits kind of Friday, of course got rained out. Luckily that was one of them.
Speaker 3: I saw the Monarchs there. Boy, they were.
Speaker 1: Uh, the only two days because the Susan's scheduled only two days we could go is Friday and Sunday, and Friday got rained down.
Speaker 3: She saw her like hero guy right.
Speaker 1: Well no, yeah, so yesterday, Uh, the main reason we wanted to go yesterday was to see the Eagles of death Metal, one of my favorite bands, one of her favorite bands, and they absolutely crushed it. And then as he was walking off the stage, I yelled, you know hey, because we were right on the side of stage, Hey, Boots, great show, and he gives a hug. And then later we ran into him at like a little private function thing they have there, and he came up to her. They start talking a big fan of hers really way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know they're you know they're doing Do you think so, dude? She cheating on you with that? Dude?
Speaker 1: Well, they went they went into craft services, and they were gone for about twenty five.
Speaker 3: Minutes, and there's some really good food in the crafts, so that into that day they got some really good crafts craft services.
Speaker 1: Craft services was closed. Do you think they made him like a special meal.
Speaker 3: Was it like an r V?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you want to keep the special special food like the rock star food?
Speaker 3: Is that the rock star and the Uh?
Speaker 1: There must have been some great drinks because I think starts shaking and so the bartender really.
Speaker 3: Knew what he was doing and blenders good. If you put too much in him sometime they will kind of vibrate.
Speaker 1: A whole lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, So nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: To worry about much been You know, it was a little bit warm yesterday, so I imagine they had the fans on because her hair was really messed up when she walked. Yeah, yeah, it was that from the fans. You think it was.
Speaker 3: Human and warm, so I'm sure it looked like someone took a leaflower to it.
Speaker 1: Feel so much better. Thank you guys, Thank you guys so much. All right, it is Mama Joke Monday. Uh so let's get to it. Hang on, mm hmmm, all right, here we go. Glad I got the new community music. He telling a joke in front of a professional comedian. Damn a and I'm watching, I know, damn it. Look away, Hey fellas, Hey d man, your mama is so old.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, man, how is she.
Speaker 1: She's so old? When she was born, the dead sea was just sick. O. That's good. Hey, listen Sims Furniture. You're gonna love Sims furniture, and you're gonna love this message. Listen up, Listen up, Listen up. They're moving. They got a brand new warehouse, and instead of moving the warehouse, they're selling all the inventory. I'm talking about discounts up to fifty percent off. Nobody likes to move, including Sims furniture. They're letting all of the inventory go at deep, deep deep discounts. The high quality Sims furniture, You're gonna love it. Plus you're gonna love the pricing, even normal when it's not up to fifty percent off like it is now, the prices are always great. Plus they have finance for everybody. They'll get your financed no matter what. Sim's Furniture on Dixie Highway, right next to the courthouse, and also on Preston Highway, the old Target building all right, more on the way. Comedian Tom May joins the show. Caribou's gonna stop by, and then David Beck is gonna come on, David Beck, I'm on once again. We talked to when we want talk about nipples and soccer, that's when we'll call on you repeat it back to me.
Speaker 2: Nipples in soccer.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks David Beck. Sorry, Okay, joins the show. It's all on the Way News Radio eight forty w h as Sue Sue's studio. You know that was just a placeholder word, Dave, when he was writing a song, I never knew what it meant, so it was just a placeholder.
Speaker 2: I thought Mel Tillis wrote it.
Speaker 1: He was looking it's supposed to be about a female and didn't have the name, so he just put that It's studio, just put it in as a placeholder, and he just stuck it. It just it just stayed there.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Phil Collins, Yeah, Phil calling, But Leland's Klar. He's a bass player, plays with him and it's a lot of great stories there.
Speaker 1: Uh listen. Name dropping when you leave the studio today, Dave, be careful you don't trip on any of the names that comedian.
Speaker 2: Tom drop and if any of the names leave a stain.
Speaker 3: Dude, come on, you think you think I'm bad? Brad Pitt, terrible name dropper. I can't go anywhere with it.
Speaker 1: Listen, If if Tom may Have ever drops a name on your carpet and it's filthy, fret not baby, call my friends. It's zero res carpet and air duck cleaning. I don't know what's scarier, your pet leaving a stain on the carpet or the idea of trying to clean it up yourself. Don't do that. Go with zero res carpet and air duck cleaning. We're gonna get your home insanely clean and take advantage of the I'm gonna say it because it's almost October spooctacular savings. You can get three rooms of carpet clean for only one hundred and nineteen dollars when you mentioned Dwight Whitten at whas schedule easily online at zero Reslouisville dot com. Zero res. It's a smarter, longer, lasting, clean stick around. Comedian Tom Mabe joins the show and he's got some big things come on. Can't wait to get into and talk about it. It's all on the Way News Radio eight forty whas Tom Mabe a comedian Keith McGill. He's a funny guy.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Stuff right there. So okay. Tom Abe. Comedian Tom Abe joins the show. I've never met a man who has been more brilliant about reinventing himself over and over and over and over. You start out people. Everybody hates telemarketers, and in twenty twenty four, when there's so many jobs out there, I often say, hey, really, this is the job you took to call people and bug them. But so that's how it started out. You had the idea everybody was getting bombarded with tell him yeah.
Speaker 3: And I had just gotten married and I was built a little recording studio. I'm doing jingles and whatnot. And I couldn't afford the downtown studio and the new little house we bought, so said, I just work out of the house. I got the phone number they call, and ninety percent of the calls were telemarketers trying to sell me replacement windows for a house that was brand new. And I just started here. I had this incredible digital recording studio, had like a two inch of tower tape machine. I mean, I had more money in this little bedroom that I did in the whole house. And I found I get a record deal on Virgin Records of a recording I made on a thirty seven dollars answer machine messing with telemarketers, and it just it turned out to me, like it's what a great ride. It was really that last call you just heard was on my own label on Maybe in America, and that's how that launched the TV show Maybe in America CMT. And so it's been a great ride. And you know, when you say reinvent yourself, I'm very lucky that I don't have to work as hard as I used to. But I get bored and I just want to keep I don't you know. We we talking about earlier, like when we're going to retire and whatnot, and I just want to have fun now and do things that I really want to do.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't like you just made a couple of recordings you get signed to Virgin Records. At first you read I believe it was a tractor trailer. Oh yeah, yeah, Well when you park it outside the house.
Speaker 3: Parked outside the house with filled with CDs and padded envelopes, and we would we would go, do you guys remember back in the old days at the old station with Gumah, Rocky and Troy and Uh and Cozy and and and we just had a website. We were on the very first websites I think you know. That was actually we had to figure it out and navigate through all that you know, commerce page and we were I'd wake Melnie up at three am. I said, I just it was, I said, I just I just ran seven hundred orders. Can you get up? We got to get this out and we would like you know, and it was. It was a great, great run. And it's not like we live in the entertainment capital of the world, Louisville, so it's it's great to be able to stay in this bit. And then the labels started knocking. We were I remember remember the when we had record stores at the back.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I drove in the back of my little Nissan truck. I went down to Nashville and I took five thousand dollars and I bought it and a KDI. I took five thousand against the credit card and I put it. There's a station called KDF and and I knew. I called down there. I said, you all sell CDs. I can sign my other record store like Blockbuster. Yeah, they go, yeah, we sell them an assignment. So I said, okay, great. So I put cause I knew we had a hit, and I put five thousand dollars on this radio show. I did, like you do you do a little more? I'm doing a little jingle and over and uh available at Blockbuster. And so I go to a Blockbuster. I go, hey, man, I got these CDs and go who are you?
Speaker 1: I called?
Speaker 3: He said, oh, we don't know. I don't know what this is. We're not gonna carry this. And he said, we just do like wrap albums and local artists and stuff like that. Okay, so so okay, So I went. I called my rep at the radio station. I said, man, can you please get me on the morning show? Just skip me in the morning show. And I said, look, man, if you guys go to Blockbuster and they're they're selling really fast. If they're out, we're going to replent. It's just hang tight. And I called them. I said, I got to stay another night in Nashville. So I finally I called Blockbuster just to plea one more time. Can you get me? Can you play? And hey it's Tom Maybe Tom? He said where are you? Said, I'm went to the hole, Tason, can you can you bring CDs? We had to line out the door, people trying to get and and I just it was it was. It was bittersweet because you know, I was a professional, you know, music producer and you know, and went on to do some really fun stuff and going back and forth to Nashville as a singer, sign in the Bluebird Cafes all that stuff, and I finally get a break. So it's kind of bittersweet. And uh, it was class clown, but I never set out to be a comedian.
Speaker 1: Evil Knievud is something similar to that. When he wanted to jump Caesar's palace.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: He started to call up every other every day as somebody else, disguising his voice, saying he know he was Bob Henderson from ABC. Why World Sports wanted to know who this and he would mispronounce the name. Who is, says Evil Carnival. That's going to be jumping your brill. The president of Caesar's contacted Evil Knieve and that's how that got done. Wow, there's a uh, there's a documentary called Being Evil. Let's get back to you though. So okay, so that's how let's not dismiss writing jingles because some of your jingles still get played today Cunningham Cunningham overhead.
Speaker 3: Door, call the plumber whose name is the number? And right now in every four years, I get in this political uh political, I'm doing jingles for I guess people a running for school district or whatever. The agency that I've worked with for years still call me call me and uh I've been Uh I went by. So yeah, I'm I don't do it full time, but when they call, I do them. But yeah, does it?
Speaker 1: Did it ever irritate you that? You know? So maybe you come up with call the man whose name is his number? And you hear it every single day, every commercial break, and you just sold it because Barry Manilo did that before broke in. He he did, you know, like a good neighbors stay for me so many of these. Yeah, but he just got paid one flat fee and that was that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's the thing about well that the college plumber's name is number. That was I think it was Nika Singer Rick Shardine at Current Marketing who said that. And usually they come with an idea on the concept. Yeah, you know, I remember the whole tumbleweeds. Tumblewee cooks cerious things. So I can't fi in the kitchen and I want the Best of Show in the Louis Awards for that, And I felt bad because you know, it was that Rick Shardin. It was actually it was his idea. I just put the music to it. But so but you know, local commercials. But I've gotten really lucky where I'll get at a show with Kennedy from MTV, I called friend or Phone and at that thing, they reran a hell of that for like six years. I get as cat money. So a lot of times we get sag after on the national and the national commercials. And one thing I was more excited about with Maybe in America on CMT, I was more excited about I got to do the music for the whole show, the theme, all the incidental music. I was more excited about doing the music than being the star of the show.
Speaker 1: Another time that you reinvented yourself is and we'll talk, we'll tell the story later, is when you and I were supposed to do the Amazing Race together, but you're a corporate comedian, uh huh, and the corporate comedian. The time when you make the hey the most would be the holiday season. You beat November, be November, December, and that's when they had slated for you and I to go on this. So you canceled, and corporate comedy pays really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do the clubs for love and you do the corporate for cash, right, And I mean I could do one. I mean at and T would fly me in and fly me home the next the next morning and to do forty five minutes. And it was like, wow, this is a lot different than drive across country, do the Funny Bone or something.
Speaker 1: And the payday was great. Yeah. Yeah, And she had all these corporate gigs lined.
Speaker 3: Up and they got and when you and I were going out, and I'm like, I mean, I said, I don't know, I'm actually gonna lose money doing this, but yeah, you and I get to hang because of a good fellowship, will go to LA and do the amazing race and yeah, the night before well and.
Speaker 1: So it was two nights before production started and they flipped the cast. But the reason I bring that up is because now you're out a ton of money. We're not gonna talk how much it is, but you're out a ton of money.
Speaker 2: I lost.
Speaker 3: I think I lost because I would be in a different city for data and corporate shows. Yeah, holiday season. Yeah, so I remember I kind of recouped this. And I think what you're leading to is when I I had an idea for a video and I put on Facebook because I'm looking for four or five black guys and you're saying their asses off. And I held auditions and we had and our friend Kimmick camp Well actually named them and I can't apparently I can't say their name, which is ridiculously got four million followers. They don't want me to say, where you stupid? And uh but anyway, and it was I sided, we're gonna, you know, uh, go door to door knock on people's tours and you're not going to and people think that they're the rob them, but they're actually there singing Christmas carols and uh and uh.
Speaker 1: How many how many it was in the was it in the billions? Like? Uh? Billions?
Speaker 3: Got that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: That my no. I got over three billion cumulative, but that one it depends on what upload it was. But I've gotten over one hundred million views on those things.
Speaker 1: And then it leads to America's got talent. Yes, you and Kim and are flying out there with him because you're you're managing That's what I'm talking about when you reinvent yourself, because you did that out of necessity, because you need.
Speaker 3: I lost all this money and I needed to recoup and you know, and you know, we did the same thing with almost Herbie. Herbie. Herbie's got well over. He outperformed the band the Uh and he's the one saying, Holly louj and stuff when we're right outside your office is here, you know, singing and whatnot. And got him on a GT.
Speaker 1: So he did get on Americans.
Speaker 3: He got his well. Another girl I worked with for like three years as Kelsey Ballerini, who's a big country star now and she's she's rocking it. So so yeah, So when you say reinventing yourself, it's always felt like it's like, honey, I tried the amway. It didn't work all, not at.
Speaker 1: All what I mean at all. I mean, it's just it seems like that you don't stay the course, so it seems like you get almost bored.
Speaker 3: I get my, you know my, and when you're self employed, you can't live or die by one revenue stream. And always tell my kids, I said, you know, you gotta have ten different things out there and You may not make a whole lot from any given stream, but you add them together, you eat out a house payment. And the big thing one thing that I did very smart when I started making money because I got a lot of famous friends who don't have money. Yeah, I mean a whole lot of friends. And I just started buying you know properties, you know about twelve years ago and uh and this property led to this property, this lead I got into Bourbon Trail, Bungalow and this one. I would build up so much equity and I know A bought the place on the beach on Hilton Head and get reado that again. And I'm not trying to bring but those are little those are just like little annuities, little cash cows. I do the short term rentals. So I'm I'm uh, I guess what I'm trying to say. I got a lot of money. I'm not saying that at all, But I still do this social. You know, social is our biggest stream, and we worked that quite a bit. I'm getting ready, I told you very drive across. I'm leaving the day to go out to California.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tom Mabe is our guest. Me and Tom May what many hats you wears in your entertainment industry. But Big Beer Comedy Festival, You're gonna be performing with Kevin Neeland and Adam Croll out there.
Speaker 3: I did a lot of comics in there. Yeah, And I said, they invited me, and I said, you know, I've always didn't want to do this. Maybe in America where I go all these landmarks. And I was just talking in there. We had a zoom meeting with me and my seven other people out there, and I said I and they were like, well, talk about that that maybe in America as well as it was a TV show. I always wanted maybe in America to be where I go to these landmarks. Yeah, the Arch, you know whatever, Mount Rushmore, which is out of the way, we can't go, but you know Grand Canyon they go. We will pay everything if you do that, and then plug the festival. Really Yeah, Hey, guys, Tom Abra and Mae and I met up to the Big Bear Comedy Festival in Big Bear, California, and uh, and then you know, do something, do some kind of gag. I want to see the world's biggest ball of yarn and you know, and then something majestic like you know, Grand Cadillac Ranch and Mamorarella or whatever, Colorado Guard of the Gods in Colorado Springs, which is beautiful. I was there out there with the Lincoln Uh we'll call me in part and and uh and uh, you know what's really was really really sad. And this is the big the worst thing about that. When I got the call from a newspaper reporter saying, hey, you're being sued.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what's your comment. I'm like, my heartbroken.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one of the guys in the group, uh, and he just passed away. He got killed. Echo Jeremiah Buckner, dear friend. He quit that band that day. He quit and he finished some gigs and he and I started doing some things together, and uh, he was just trying to I'm like, he's like, what different Tom. You know they created it. We're not even the original. You know, Kevin had named him, this is that whatever, And it was so it was just so uh uh it was so uh. And I heard that he got Jeff Fister called me. He said, well, yeah, theyal little gain my old change said what do you do? I said, hey, may I talk to her? He said, Echo got cut and they called me from the and I knew what was going to happen when heat seekers and opportunists getting new band, you know, they're going to find you out. And they said, what do you think? And I saw, I said, he should have been Uber rich. He's because he's Uber talented. Should have been Uber famous, not driving from not driving for Uber, and that's why he was driving an Uber Well not that's nothing wrong with not so much talent, and he and Jeremy he is by far. It was like, you know, and I know I met a lot of talented people that are this guy was like easy on the eyes, incredible voice. God, just just I mean, his arrangement, everything you heard from that group, he arranged it all. And just when he came in because two of the guys didn't want to do they let they quit and we got two more and those and I remember we're sitting in my office and there they came in to say and Kim and I just looked at each other like damn wow. And we're both we're both musicians, very we're established professional musicians, and we were like freaking blown, I mean, goosebumps now thinking about their arrangements that I called it, so it's it's sad, you know that. Uh, but I hear that I talked to one of the guys. Uh uh I got a I got a wonderful call from a famous person here and and uh anyway, it was great. And uh so where where where we're find me? And uh echo and I made up and me and Sean China Lacey we uh we we talked from time to time. He yeah, so it's all good.
Speaker 1: You know. Comedian Tom Abe joins the show stick Around because we're going to find out how you can do good for the puppy dogs and shelter animals. And this is really cool and I'm loving it. Man. It's on the way. But first, guys, let me ask your question. Did you score over the weekend? I'm not talking NFL, I'm talking about in the bedroom. Or did your little guy have you sit in the bench? Is his head down? Tell him and pick his head up and get back in the game and do it with Try State Men's go to try Statemen's health dot com. Guys, if you suffer from from ED, drop the embarrassment. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's a medical condition. Here's what you need to do. Get it correct Get it corrected with the best. The best is try Statemen's Health. Why do I say that because they have a ninety you heard me, a ninety percent success rate on treating ED and it's risk free. Get this. Here's your appointment ninety nine dollars, but as well worth it. They do lab work. You get your blood results back in thirty minutes or less. Then a licensed medical professional is going to sit down and go over all of your numbers with your PSA, your testoster on the works, and here's the kicker. Then they give you a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work, you're ninety nine dollars refunded immediately. If it does work, you can just apply it to the plan. If you choose to join, that means you got nothing to lose and your love life to gain. Guys, get back of the game and get in there with the best. Let's try statements. Go to try Statements health dot com, stick Around News on the Way the More with comedian Tom Maybe News Ready to Wait forty whas