Speaker 1: Thirty hands Men's Queen Theology. Can you dig what's going on? All my local guys and gals and long distance pals.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: It's back.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 3: It's good to see you, buddy.
Speaker 2: It's been what a month?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just about.
Speaker 3: It's nice to have the three Musketeers back together, all for.
Speaker 2: One and one for all.
Speaker 5: I believe you.
Speaker 4: I believe so guys, Like I said, you know, is that so five weeks? What's up? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Well? The questions, what's happening with you? A new job? New jobs so you can come around more often?
Speaker 1: Yeah, new adventures man, after you know, several months of fifty sixty hours a week and going from first shift today shift to night shift and just get slung around everywhere.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Finally, Lord bless me with a good paying job, more money, day shift, more time off, so.
Speaker 2: You can't beat that.
Speaker 1: And I get to be here every Thursday.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: I'm excited about that. I know, Ben is It'll be good for us all together. That's that's really what it's all About's why we started this wow wow.
Speaker 3: But it's to reach everybody.
Speaker 6: But the thing is it was us here together together and and really try to reach out and and bring a few people back to the sheep fold, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's right justin Yeah, I guess that's me, and say prayer, Dear Heavenly.
Speaker 1: Father, thank you for today, Thank you for the mean blessings that you've given us, even the ones that we don't deserve, which is I guess all of them. You know, thank God we don't get what we deserve. Thank God for your your grace and your mercy and your loving kindness and long suffering. But thank you for this group of men, and thank you for this time. And you know it's iron sharpens iron when we get together, you know, we we we beat out some issues and some truths and rightly divide the word. And we're just very very thankful for that, Father, And we just pray for discernment over today's episode and over our guests that's been kind enough to come with us today. We asked the Holy Spirit wrap around him and give him the words to say and open the ears for those that need to hear this message. Father, and Jesus name that we pray amienmen, Well, who have you.
Speaker 4: Lined up for?
Speaker 5: Steve?
Speaker 4: Who you got?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Today we got with us from through the Black Tom Done. We're super excited to have you. We've had you on for a Bible study in the past and really enjoyed that talk with you, and I love your insight.
Speaker 3: I love a lot of your online content.
Speaker 6: You're not you're not afraid to back down from very you know, know, pagan festivals and things of this nature. I've watched a lot of your videos and they're very inspiring to see how we really should witness. And then we got to see you too back at the actually at two conferences. Now we've got to see you speak, and it's really inspiring to see how you are, you know, pushing the Word of God and attacking it and not afraid of, you know, sharing your beliefs with people who would normally shun the Christian community.
Speaker 3: So we're really great to have you on.
Speaker 5: Hey, God bless you guys. Thank you for having me on, and thanks for the patients of all the listeners out there. I have like a little bit of a head thing going on, So if I'm wiping my nose or something like that or coughing, please be patient with me. So I didn't have this like a day and a half ago before we get too deep into it.
Speaker 1: Tom, congratulations, seem to be Grandpa. I know you're excited and really looking forward to that, so congratulations.
Speaker 5: Hey man, thank you so much. Yeah, very excited about it, and I can't wait. I've said this for years. I'm ready. I'm ready to go, man, and my wife and I have been talking about it, but it wasn't our decision, so we had to wait on one of our kids for it to be their decision. And ultimately, hey, we know it's God's decision. But yeah, I am, I'm blessed, and we're excited, and yeah, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. It's just amazing.
Speaker 6: The miracle of life is one of the things that when you see it, I don't know how you can deny the presence of God.
Speaker 3: When you actually see.
Speaker 6: A newborn baby being born, and to think that that came out of nothing, it just blows my mind that anybody could ever believe that.
Speaker 7: But well, I'm just gonna for your daughter there. I'm just gonna let her know she's gonna be chop liver.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: We had our boys, me and my wife just turned into chop liver. It's hey, when you're gonna bring in boys up here. Oh you don't want to say yes, Well, well yeah, but when's it? When do you bring your boys up here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, that's true. And I and I've just been thinking about that as well. So uh yeah, all that all that goes with the territory, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's great. There ain't nothing like a like a child.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 6: Well, today, I guess we're going to jump into something a little bit different topic that one of our listeners actually brought up, and I thought it was a good topic to jump into and kind of get some different ideas from a few different minds, because not even not only do us in the room not agree, we don't know what Tom's idea on this as well. So we're gonna have a spirited conversation here about our beliefs on this, and we're going to talk about once Saved, always saved, that idea, that philosophy that a lot of people believe. There's different viewpoints on this. You can look at it from a calvinistic point of view, where you know there's predestination and things of this nature. But we're gonna look at some different opinions and different views from this. But I think the most important thing is to start off, and we got to lay the ground, you know, the groundwork, the foundation. What does it mean to be saved? So Tom take it away? What does that mean for you to be saved?
Speaker 5: You know, well I could, I could just take off. Salvation is a free gift that there's nothing that we could do to earn that gift, okay. And I was just watching a video about this a little bit ago, and it was comparing Christianity to all the other religions, and all other religions are works based. Okay, you have to do something to get to Heaven, to get to paradise, to get a reward, and the crazy thing. And I'm getting goosebumps right now just thinking about this. The gift of salvation, Okay, it's a free gift that there's no way that we could earn our way to heaven, but to receive it it cost your life. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 7: It's you live in the world and that's your life. For say, you know, that's that's your life. So in order to follow Christ, you have to give up the worldly life to live a christ the best christ Like life that you can live.
Speaker 2: MHM.
Speaker 6: Now that being said, you know what your guys idea, I want to hear your guys idea on what on what being saved means.
Speaker 7: So I guess I would fall under the once saved, always saved. But it's not five years old, and I have said a prayer because my friend said a prayer.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 7: You know, Mama took me to church, so I made her happy and I walked forward.
Speaker 2: You know, I got saved at ten.
Speaker 7: At a at a at a First Baptist church. You know, so you have the altar call, you walk up front of everybody, you know at the end of the service.
Speaker 2: But with saying that, it's also you might have thought you.
Speaker 7: Were saved, right, and then you just go off the rails. Then you have to question were you truly saved?
Speaker 2: You know? So was I saved at ten? I don't know. I know I'm saved now, you know. So it's kind of.
Speaker 5: One of them.
Speaker 2: I look at it as it's it's kind of gray.
Speaker 7: But it's like once saved, always saved, because the Bible says, you know, nobody can pluck you out of God's hand, but it doesn't say you can't jump out of it.
Speaker 1: Just say I grew up, you know, a Southern Baptist, and one thing they always talk it never sat right with me, was I remember being a kid and the preacher talked about, you know, you can dedicate your life to Christ and be saved, but then you go out and you go to a barbecue and you have some beers with your friends and die in a car wreck on your way home, and you die with alcohol in your breath. You're gonna wake up and Hell's going to be your home. And that that never set right with me. And I believe, you know, once saved, always saved, but with the caveat kind of like being, you know, So if you find yourself just habitually sinning without any remorse or conviction from the Holy Spirit, you have to ask yourself whereas you ever truly saved? You know, It's kind of like you will know the tree by the fruits. But you know, just like the Torus says, you know that he would write a new law on our hearts. And I like how Tom said, it's a gift that's given that you could never earn. But out of the outpour of grace that you have for that free gift, you want to respect that gift and take care of that gift, and honor that gift, and try your best to live up to the expectations set by your heavenly father. But I always look at David. David was a good example. You know, David was a man after God's own heart, but he murdered, he lusted after other women. But the key thing was is it broke his heart to be separated from God. And he was you know, he would always repent and mourn and cry so and like you said, you know, you can't be plucked from the hand of God. You know, you want saved, always saved, but that doesn't mean that you can't throw it away or walk away. Yeah, So that that was my thing. So I mean, you know, I know everybody's got their own weak points and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So I guess, like a good example is if.
Speaker 1: You were somebody that struggled, you know, with with drugs or pornography, and you get saved and you're you know, truly saved, and you turn your life around, you know, and where it says, you know, be righteous, you know, like Christ. You know, righteous doesn't mean perfect, it means set apart, be set apart from the world. And if you fall back and relapse and start looking at pornography, you know, again here and there, or start doing drugs.
Speaker 4: Or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: But if it's just so convicting on your spirit that you just cry out to God and I think, you know it's just a condition of the heart, well.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm gonna be the eyeball in the room and I'm going to say I don't believe one saved, always saved. And I'll use and the same thing as we'll get to that point, and I'll read a couple verses that I believe are kind of talking to that. I think that you can devote your life to God and then something happens and you fall away. The only unforgivable sin is rejecting the Holy Spirit. That's the only unforgivable sin. It says that multiple times. There's multiple verses that point out rejecting the Holy Spirit. You can have the Holy Spirit in you, and then you can also shun the Holy Spirit and take him out of you. You can get rid of the Holy Spirit. That's a volitional choice that you make. So I'll read one verse here and it just kind of as a kind of a starter for this, And if I look at Matthew twenty four, nine thirteen, it says, then they will deliver you to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another, many fall profits will arise and lead many astray because lawlessness will be increased, and the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. So the way I look at it is if if you're going to fall away to the what to the end, But if you're going to fall away or if you're going to be led astray, like it says in that verse, you first have to belong to something. If you don't belong to either, then you're not getting led astray or you're not You're not You're not falling away or being led astray. You're you're just Oh that there's two paths. I'm going to go right or left. I mean, it just is what it is. I truly believe believe that you have you have the choice to have God in you. But a big part of that is it says I have that written down too, But it says that you know, it's not by uh you know, works, but by faith alone, so that no man can boast right. So it's nothing that we can do to get there. But after we have achieved that salvation, God lives in us, we should be exuding God. God should be seen through us. And I'm not saying we don't all fall short.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 6: But if you go back to the Old Testament and you look at what did the priests sacrifice and and and give you know a tone for for the people. It was for the unintentional sin. We talked about that with the big bowl of blood. The priest walks in for the unintentional sin.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people may it's construe though too, that that wasn't cleansing of the people's sin. It was actually cleansing of sacred space. So God get in that space.
Speaker 6: It was, But it was also if you go back into the when they first were making the tabernacle out in the out in the field or not in the field, in the wilderness, sorry, in the wilderness, when they were first making the tabernacle. The whole point of this and this Heiser's got some great stuff on this but if you look through you look at all the sacrifices that were made, right, you had your guilt offering and your sin offering, and all these things that were made. They weren't for moral sin. They were for a different They were for There was no like a sacrifice for idolatry or adulterrey. The sacrifices were made for things like, you know, you were bleeding, so you were unclean. You touched a dead body so you were unclean, you know, and then there was the unintentional sin.
Speaker 3: You were you were unclean.
Speaker 6: The whole point was to put the people back in the right I guess, purify them to the to the ability that they were able to again resume worship towards God, to actually be in God's presence to some degree, And that was a big part of that.
Speaker 3: So I there there is some of both.
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying anybody's right or wrong. Particularly you know, this is just our beliefs when we go through this. But I think that's just an important way to look at it.
Speaker 1: But one thing that brought this up, and I'd like to bring it back to Tom, was we had a listener email us about this and then it was maybe just a few weeks later, I've seen that you had done a show and you were talking about well, I guess just run run us through that for those I don't want to spoil it and tell your story.
Speaker 4: You tell it a lot better.
Speaker 5: But so well, anyway, I want to respond to what we're talking about here. For me, I lean more towards I lean away from once saved, always saved. Okay. So this is, you know, another thing that we call that. I learned to call it later on as Calvinism. Okay. So, and the church that I grew up in it was what we call a holiness church, okay, and it was it was they were holy rollers. It was crazy in there. They did everything but speak in tongues. Okay. I don't know why they didn't speak in tongue, but they didn't believe in it, and they taught holiness. So I grew up believing that if you deviated and the slightest, that you were backslidden. Okay. Now I don't believe that anymore, all right, But I do believe that you can turn your back on God. I you know, I believe in the scripture everything that you guys have said, you know, nothing can snatch us out of his hand. I agree with that. And then you guys kind of use my line because my line would be, well, but you can walk away if you choose. So, you know, we're I don't believe that we are mind controlled robots. We have a you know, we make a decision to pick up our cross. So I I work in ministry with people on all sides of this, okay. And I have friends that are what we call, you know, reform Calvinists, you know, and I know people that are just the extreme end of that. And we're talking about predestination five point Calvinists, you know, the tulip all that, all that stuff there. So the way that I was raised and what makes sense to me is what we call holiness. It's I don't want to say it's the opposite of Calvinism, but it might, you know, it might. It might be a way to word that. We believe that you can sin and you can break your relationship with the Lord. Now again, I don't believe the way that I did when I was growing up, like if any little thing happens, or if you make one little mistake, then it's broken. Okay. And I think as I'm listening to you guys talk. We're all in a similar space, okay, and maybe the truth is somewhere in between. I don't. Uh, this is something that I've thought about, that I've studied, that I prayed about, and I said, Lord, I want to know the truth, you know, and I don't I don't want to preach something that's false, and I don't want to tell anybody anything that's wrong. And I want to know for myself what is the truth? And and usually when I when I do that, I'll open up the Bible and I'll find a verse like, you know, he who endures till the end shall be saved, okay. And then you know, there's there's many other verses that I think, will you know that support that. So anyway, I've seen a lot of people that I feel, we're Christians who produce fruit, okay, and that backslid turn their back on God. And of course the Calvinists would say, well, they were never really saved in the first place, and I'm like, Eh, that's a cop out. I don't know. But here's the thing, it doesn't matter if they were never saved in the first place or they did backslide What matters is they're loss now, okay, and we want to reach them. So I like having these conversations, and I think what you guys are, what you guys are doing, is good. But I want to say that, you know, for anybody out there listening, I've been pushing for unity, and I hate the idea that we would not fellowship with somebody because they don't line up with us on this, okay. Or I don't think that people that don't believe exactly the same way that I do, I don't think that they're not saved, and hopefully they don't think I'm saved. And what I often say is like, I don't know anything else in the world. The only thing I know is that I'm saved. I know I'm saved, and I don't know about anybody else. And if the person in front of me says they are, then I'm just gonna take their word for it. And sometimes you can see like, Okay, I don't think this person gets it. Okay, we should see a transformation, okay. And I like the illustration where you know, a preacher comes in and says, if I just told you that I came in off the highway and I got hit by a semi truck, would you believe me? And they're like, no, you don't look like you've been hit by a semi truck. Well, God wrecking our life should look the same way. We should look totally different from somebody who's worldly. Okay, it's like we got hit by a truck, So there should be some form of transformation. You know. I've met people in Haiti, in Germany and Poland and you know, all over the world, and we had that common denominator. Sometimes we didn't even speak the same language. But I'm like, I'm looking in their eye and I'm like, this person saved I know, you know, And I love that. To me. That's some of the best apologetics right there, is like this guy doesn't know how does this guy know? He didn't he didn't copy me, but he had an experience with the Savior in his country somewhere God saved him, you know, and he believes the same gospel I do. So anyway, and here we are, you know, we're in two separate states here, but we're continuing, you know, the ministry. So now to get to now, to get to the story that you that you mentioned. I recently found out that somebody that I know who was very involved in, who grew up in church, who was involved in in Christian ministry, went to Christian college, Okay, came out of the closet as a homosexual man. Okay, Now we knew, All of us knew this person struggled with this for a while. It wasn't a surprise to us. But we're disappointed that he kind of gave up the fight, Okay. And I found out some more things since I've made that video, and I have nothing but compassion and love for that person, and I'm just broken. I'm really broken for him and his family. But excuse me. One of the things that he said is he believes the Bible was written a long time ago and that it's not one hundred percent correct when it comes to homosexuality, and he believes that God made him gay so he can be a Christian and be gay. Okay, Well, according to God's word. For me, it's easy to say, Okay, this is not true, and you have a distorted understanding of God's word. And I think we have to know God rightly. Okay. His Jesus is not my Jesus. Okay, that's not the same. You know, we could say this about you know, alien Jesus or whatever, but I read that Jesus I rejected Jesus. That would you know say that this is okay? Because how do we do that? We test the spirit, We go back to God's word. What does God's word say? It's pretty clear on this. I trust the authority of God's word. I stand on that authority, and I believe God knew what he was talking about when he said this is an abomination. So anyway, that's a good point justin to kind of bring up that story, because here's a person who believes that they are still saved. Now. They didn't grow up They grew up in more of a the same kind of Wesleyan view. Okay, And I don't know if you guys are familiar with John Wesley, but John Wesley is kind of like the opposite of John Calvin. Right, So you have Wesleyan, which is your your Methodist, your Wesleyan, your Nazarene type of churches, and then Calvi this which are your Reformers and you know things like that. So anyway, uh, he didn't grow up in a church where he believed once they'd always saved, so or where they even taught it. But he believes that he can twist scripture. And uh, I learned a long time ago what cannot be crucified will be justified. So if you have, you know, if you have something in your life and you can't get it under the blood or you can't crucify it, then you're gonna find a way to justify it. So anywhere.
Speaker 1: And see with that, when I was talking and about you know, like David, you know, David struggled, you know with uh, you know, lusting after women, you know, and murder and things like that.
Speaker 4: But the conviction of his heart.
Speaker 1: When I was talking about that, I had in my mind, you know, far as like you know, homosexuality and and things like that. And I could be wrong. This is just my perspective, but something like that would be, in my opinion, constant, unapologetic rebellion because the Bible was clear on how he stands with that. And that's a daily, intentional choice of open rebellion instead of a backslide or a slip.
Speaker 5: You remember, yeah, you remember, I cannot remember. I don't know if it was Jonathan, but somebody that was close to David, and I'm embarrassed. I can't remember the name right now, but confronted David on this scin and he said, you are that man. He told a story and made an illustration about something. Nan Nathan okay, yeah, sorry, And Nathan said, you know, he had to use an illustration and kind of remove David out of the situation. And and he said, hey, you are that man. You were living in sin. You know what I'm saying, what you did was wrong. I like, I like understanding David because it gives me comfort because I'm like, wow, okay, David made it, so so can we you know what I'm saying. And you know, we can think of a lot of examples in the Bible, but we can also think of people that didn't make it. Okay. For example, Balem, all right, here's a guy that God sent a talking donkey to him and it couldn't even get through to him, right, And that's how far you know that he had back slitten, And as far as we know, he didn't make it. Look at I mean, what about what about Saul. You know, here was a guy he started off right okay, but then he didn't obey, you know, and God is like, hey, what is the lowing. I hear of the cattle, you know what's going on with that, and then and you know the way that things ended up for him. So I think David could have been that guy if he would have not turned around. Okay, like so many kings in the Old Testament, he could have been that guy that didn't make it. Okay, But because he's heart was soft, because he repented, Okay, he did, he didn't make it. So anyway, I I don't know what you guys think about that.
Speaker 6: But I think that's I think that's an excellent point.
Speaker 3: But I want to kind of go.
Speaker 6: A little further in and and look at it from another point of view. If we go into Hebrews six four through sick Well, I got I'm gonna back this up just for a second. I apologize. I want to go and say that I one hundred percent agree with you what I always talk about this, and I brought this up numerous times and said that, you know, when Jesus talked to Peter, said you're the rock in which I will build my church, he didn't say his church is. He didn't say every denomination and say all these other people and honestly, Christians fight more among themselves than they do with non believers to try to help them along the way. If we spend as much time as we do fighting among the churches, as we reached out an outreach, we'd make a big dent in that population that right now has a hell on their mailing address, and we need to change that. And that's where that's where the church is failing right now, is that they're so focused on non salvation issues. But as a whole, I agree we need to unite. We should all be together on the same page. Nonsalvation issues are nonsalvation issues. I just think that's really important that we put that out there. And that's that's our stance, and it's my stance, and I believe you guys are on par with that. But I do have a verse that I want to kind of go into because I think it kind of, at least from my point of view, this is kind of where this comes from as far as this once saved, always saved. And I think it because it points and it shows and if you look at he six four through six, it says, for it is impossible in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit and have tasted the goodness of the Word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. I think that's a pretty I don't want to say I'm damning verse. I hate saying that. But in the way that we look at this and see it's you can have that salvation, you can have that gift. But if you know, we have think about this. We have trials and tribulations that are in our lives. Some of these things are brought on by sin. Some of these things are God testing us. They're things that we have to overcome. God puts stumbling stones in front of us. He did that with the Law, with the Jews. He puts stumbling stones in front of them to overcome. That's the whole point is to overcome. It strengthens us. It tries to push us in that direction. What would be more godly?
Speaker 1: For Jesus told Peter too, that reminds me, you know, when he said, you know, Satan has asked me to sift you like we you know. I mean that's if you know, when you're sifting, you're separating the good from the bad. So I mean it's it's meant to strengthen you and and to grow you and.
Speaker 6: And that's the whole point is that those things are in front of us. But say something happens super traumatic, and I hope to dear God no one out there has ever, you know, had a child pass away or something like this where you sit there and you question, God, how could you let this happen? How could you do this? How could these things happen? I don't think we can point to God on those things. I think they're sinning the world.
Speaker 4: I mean, look at David. That happened to David Dave.
Speaker 3: That story with David is an amazing story.
Speaker 4: He lost a child and he was it. He stopped praying and.
Speaker 3: He got up.
Speaker 6: He took a bath a shower right afterwards, and he telled the servants because the servants were scared to.
Speaker 3: Talk to him.
Speaker 6: He says to the servants, he goes they or they were surprised. They're like, how can you go back to just eating and sitting there and he goes, well, he when he was alive, he had a chance to come back to me, But now that he's not, now I know I will go to him. So, I mean, it's a it's a powerful thing. But when you look at that and you see these people that might go through something horrific in their lives and people do All of us have had struggles in our lives that maybe have made us question, have given hold on, hold on, have given us doubts, have done those things, But we have to understand that we have a choice at that point. We have free will.
Speaker 3: We can either remain and say yes, God, I know I.
Speaker 6: I'm going to do everything I can to continue on that godly lifestyle, or we can fall away. We have it's that verse plainly states that you can fall away.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say, it's like Joe.
Speaker 7: Joe could have been like, we'll screw you, I'll then do my own thing now, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: And job's a good one.
Speaker 6: He's kind of like if you go back to David in Well we talk about free will, a lot of people question free will like oh, they're like, if God already knows, then you're basically a puppet. It's that calvinistic point of view that we talked about. But I love this, and I think it was Heiser that first I first heard this from. Was if you look at what is this first Samuel twenty three seven through thirteen, It says, now it was told Saul that David had come to Quila, and Saul said, God has given him to my hand, for he has shut himself in by entering a town that has bars and gates. And Saul summoned all the people of the war to go down to Quila and besiege David and his men. And David knew that Saul was plotting to harm against him, and he said to Abathar the priest, bring the ephod here. Then David said, Oh, Lord God of Israel, your servant, who surely heard that Saul seeks to come to Kuila to destroy the city.
Speaker 3: On my account?
Speaker 6: Will the men of Kila surrender me to his hand? Will Saul come down, as your servant has heard, Oh Lord God of Israel, please tell your servant. And the Lord said he will come. Then David said, will the men of Kila surrender me and my men to the hand of Saul? And the Lord said, they will surrender you. So David and his men about six hundred rows and departed Quila and went wherever they could go. And I think that's such a cool verse because it shows, yes, David had a choice. He could have stayed there, he could have he left. But you see that God knows the outcomes of your actions. It's not that he's manipulating you like a pawn. We have free will, and that's a really important part when we talk about this salvation. We have to know we have the free will to decide. There's not a predestination or predetermination of where you're gonna be Heaven or Hell. You are gonna either choose salvation, you're gonna live as godly a life as you possibly can with God center, or you're gonna choose corruption.
Speaker 3: You're gonna choose hell.
Speaker 6: And you might not look at it that way, you might not think this is hell, but you have a choice to make, regardless of the once saved, always save side of things. If you're saved and you're gonna continue to follow God, that's a conscious choice. You have the choice to either continue to do that or to not. And at that point, it doesn't matter what you believe. It doesn't matter if you know, if you can't say, well, I said the words this long ago.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna go and live my life.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 3: You know, like Absalom, Like.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think of so many other people that went through and they totally you know, they might have been Christian, Saul, like you said, you know, all these different people at the beginning. Solomon was such a great example where at the end he's building pagan temples for his wives. And this is the guy that prayed to God and God talked to him. I said, what do you want? And he says, wisdom. The smartest guy, the guy was given wisdom by God, the smartest guy in the world ever, is given wisdom, and he still falls.
Speaker 8: Away his choice, you know, his choice, and that's something we see, you know, just like you know, the the gentleman that Tom was referring to, you know, he he had a choice and he made his choice.
Speaker 1: But like he what was that quote you said, they either crucified or justify it.
Speaker 4: I don't like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you if it cannot be crucified, it will be justified.
Speaker 1: Because the listener that suggested this, and you see, I didn't know if you guys knew the same person because when they messaged me and said they, you know, wanted to hear us talk about this topic. They had a very similar story. But they told me this maybe two to four weeks before you had done that show, and they had said, you know, I'm just I'm really bothered by the you know, I was raised, you know what, saved, always saved, and there's this man that I know, and considering him a brother in Christ and a great friend. He said there was no doubt. He said that this man was on fire for God and that he would go to these uh you know, pride rallies and evangelize these people and said that he you know, saved and changed many lives around doing the work that he did. But then he said, just out of nowhere, he come out on Facebook and pronounced, you know, that that he was gay. And it's like, you know, after you know, we got to talk and we you know, it wasn't the same person, but.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 1: It's something that's happening all around us. Obviously, the choices are being made.
Speaker 5: It's because of the water. It's turning the freaking frogs gay.
Speaker 7: I loved that we had that in a podcast that remix video where they made a whole song out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what do you think.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna reclarify my no, No, it's you know, you're on well water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on well water. So I'm okay.
Speaker 7: If you I do believe, if you blatantly turn away, then it's not the once saved, always saved.
Speaker 2: It's more like you are you have struggles.
Speaker 7: It's you know, it's it's kind of like cal Justin was saying, you know, say, you know, I say I'm addicted to porn, and I go good for two years, I slip up and then I die in a car wreck.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: But it's the the blatant you know what, I'm an atheist now or what?
Speaker 6: You know, what's the that's the what's the only unforgivable sin? Well, yeah, and denying the Holy Spirit. But that's the whole fucking out or jumping out, you know.
Speaker 5: So I grew up you know in this denomination that the name of the denomination was called Church of Christ and Christian Union. And maybe some people have heard of the Circleville Bible College in Ohio. But that's the that's the connection there, that's our Bible college, and my grandfather was really, you know, how should I say, strict on this belief. But the older that he got, the more he softened on it. And he actually went to a church because it was close and he couldn't get out as far. So he went to a church that was kind of a Calvinist church. And you know what, I'll be honest with you, I'm going to a reform church now and I have been for a few years. They don't really preach about being reformed. They'd preach the Gospel. And if they did all the time, then I wouldn't go to that church. Once in a while it comes up, I address it with my family, and but in his older in his later years, my grandfather softened on it. He's like, man, some of these these preachers, these once saved, dolly saved preachers, are preaching more holiness, you know, than what I grew up in or what he was accustomed to. So I don't know where I was going with that, but but I think it kind of got a bad rap because from our point of view, we were seeing people use it as an excuse to sin, and it was almost like a comeback that they had once saved, allays saved, so I can do whatever I want. And their life was crazy, you know, and we were just shocked. We're like, whoa, hey, we're holiness over here. We believe you gotta you know, God said be holy because I Am holy, all right. And then in contrast to what, you know, what we saw, well, those people that were living that way, they weren't good representations of the of the actual churches that believe that way. Okay, I think those those guys they would even say about you know, so and so, you know whatever his name is, like, that guy was never saved, you know, or something I've I've just experienced all kinds of things, you know. I remember I went to church with this guy. And this was a long, long time ago, so I'll use this guy's first name. His name was Sean, and he wanted to debate with me. This is back when I was about twenty years old. He wanted to debate with me once Saved, always Saved, and I was like, okay, I'm not very you know, I'm not very smart or whatever, but and he just wanted to defend this lifestyle. And this guy was involved in church. He was just very you know, all about evangelism and all these things and a very giving guy. Long story short, I found out that he got caught with another dude and he went to prison for arm robbery. Well, in my young mind, at twenty years old, I connected his belief with how he ended up. In my mind, I connected, well, hey, he thought he was always going to be saved, so he could get away with these things, or it led him down that path, right. So I'm not saying it is, but that was That's what I was thinking, and that kind of formed my opinion of people. The older I got, the more people I got to know, the more mature you become, and you realize, hey, these guys don't represent the whole denomination or the whole church. I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: But well it does.
Speaker 6: But this, this what you said, kind of brought this verse up for me. Is that Hebrews ten twenty six and twenty seven says, but if we go on sinning deliberately after received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment and the fury of fire that will consume adversaries. And listen I'm not a I'm not a hell fire and brimstone kind of guy. I'm not I've never even gone to a church like that where you get you've talked about it before, but you know, I believe in a God of love. But when we get to that point at the end, what does it say? And justin you've brought this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, many will stand before the throne and say, Father, did we not prophesy in your name? Great works in your name? Cast out demons in your name? And He'll still say, to part from me, I never knew you.
Speaker 3: And that's that right there. I think sums that up. I mean, I think that's spot on.
Speaker 1: See I like to look at Salvation as your your your lunch tab. Now think about this, I mean, this is this varies from personality types, and I understand that. But if you go out we all four went out to dinner, and let's say, you know, we all just ordered a cheeseburger. But then all of a sudden, Tom says, hey, guys, checks on me. I want to get this for you. You got two options. You can either a reject him and say no, you're not paying for my tab. You know, be you know prideful I'm paying for it, or oh I'm going to pay you back, or no, I wash dishes because I don't have the money to pay for it, right, Or you could be like, oh well, if Tom's getting it, bring us add our beers and bring us two large pizzas. And I wanted to go back of those curly fries too. You know, just because it's paid for, it doesn't mean you jacked the bill up. So you know, since you know you are saved and your sins are forgiven, that doesn't mean you know you live and.
Speaker 2: See as thou wilt. And I've always I've heard this saying.
Speaker 7: Also it's you know, it's almost to the point of you know your sinning and you continue to you're just crucifying Jesus all over again.
Speaker 3: That's the verse we just read. It is pretty much what that said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but you don't have to buy us no dinner, Tom, I was just used, nazal.
Speaker 5: L okay man. You let me off the hook. Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Justin said he'll buy it next time we're together.
Speaker 5: No, that's I think that's a good illustration.
Speaker 3: Get a good point.
Speaker 6: Earlier though, a time when you were talking about you know those who endure to the end, and I think that's that shows that we're trying to live that godly lifestyle all the way to either our death or the end of this world. And so we have to kind of push through all the trials, all the hardships, all the things that we are are, you know, faced with all the different temptations we have, all the different struggles we have, and we all have them.
Speaker 3: There's not a.
Speaker 6: Single one of us that can't say we're not tempted by something in our life. So I think we get to the point then, is you know, how are we saved? And what's our calling as Christians? You know, we all, I mean, we know the Sunday School answer, you Jesus died on the cross, take away our sins. But the problem is most people leave it as a Sunday School answer. They don't truly think about somebody sitting there actually sacrificing their life just for you.
Speaker 7: And and it's almost to me also with you saying that it's not just he sacrificed his life, it's not me being in a firefight and Iraq and my buddy's over here are getting ambushed. So I stand up to take the heat and I get out and die. He was literally tortured. And then they say the crucifixion was the most painful way to die ever.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't just he died.
Speaker 6: The whole goal of the Crucifixion was to get you as close to death and make you hang.
Speaker 1: On right, like telling you, guys that that Prometheus lens I'm doing. When I start releasing the episodes, make sure you check out the one on the Shroud of Turn.
Speaker 3: That's interesting stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I talked to what was his name, I've had, Barry Schwartz.
Speaker 1: He was the lead investigator of the Shroud of Turin, and he talked about, you know, all the markings on that cloth and there was like over three hundred lashes that wrapped all the way around the front. And it wasn't no pretty little crown of thorns. It was just a bush crammed on his head.
Speaker 4: And it puts you in.
Speaker 1: It brought me to tears just listening to it.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's like watching the passion of the passion of the Christ. I mean, that's as he's getting beat. That's a rough movie. I mean I've watched it once and I don't want to watch that again.
Speaker 5: That's I watched it once and I don't want to watch it again either. That's the way I feel.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was brutal.
Speaker 6: And to think that's because of our sin, I know nothing, he did nothing, he did. You know, a father loses, you know, gives his son and and a son gives his life.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just And and on top of that, I heard I can't think of the guy. I think it's Charles Lawson, that the preacher man in Knoxville that I'm talking about on YouTube anyhow he is talking about. I can't remember what it was, but it was one of the recent ones that he's that his church put out of him talking and uh, he was talking like and I never I never really realized it. You know, I'm I'm Jesus died for are my sins?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: If I if I accept him, He died for my sins the way he died for everybody's sin. So he took everybody's sin, even the ones that reject him. Their sins are still paid for. But they didn't accept that free gift, so therefore they don't get to go to heaven. And that's just that much more. It was everybody's sin, sin in general, just all the sin. And I was like, wow, you know, I just never it never it never. I just never thought about it like that.
Speaker 4: I see you staring at your favor.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got it. I got papers for days.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry time I write everything down or type it out because I can't read my writing. But that and it's kind of funny how this has worked, because it's kind of all fallen in the way, you know, our our conversations is very organic.
Speaker 3: This isn't planned.
Speaker 6: That's kind of fallen in with the scripture that kind of has jumped out at me when I was going through some things. But we were just talking a little bit about that is when I brought it up. What's our calling as Christians? And I'm going to tie this back into something here in a minute. But if you go to what is this Romans ten thirteen through seventeen, For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him if they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent. As it is written, how beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news. But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed, what he has heard from us comes from hearing, hearing through the Word of Christ. So what is our calling? And tom you, this is something I said this to you last time you were here, and I just think, to me, it's something that has.
Speaker 3: Stuck with me like glue. And you told me last time.
Speaker 6: He didn't remember saying it, but it was at that first here, the Watchman conference that we met you at, and you had said and it was the I can't remember what the the theme of it was exactly, but you were doing the presentation and some of it was on the Book of Acts, and you said, the Book of Acts is really a guideline on how we're supposed to live our life.
Speaker 3: It's it's showing us.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The word apostle, literally from the Greek, actually means messenger. That's what it means.
Speaker 6: We're all meant to be messengers apostles of God and reach out to everybody that we possibly can, just like the great commission that Jesus gave work to take that on, to put that cross on our back and keep going. And you said that you that's the thing that just it's something that has stuck with me every time. It's a way that we should live our life. And it really hit with me. It really resounded with me in it. And honestly, I can thank you for that. Act has become one of the favorite books of the Bible for me after you said that, because I looked at it a whole different light.
Speaker 4: To use your manual, it really is.
Speaker 5: My My late friend rust Isdar, he did a teaching and I don't know if you can find it. It's it's difficult to find his stuff, but he was working on a chapter by chapter teaching on the Book of Acts, just basically and connecting it to our life today. But you know, of course I give credit to him. He's the one that taught me those things. I've heard preachers say, we're living in the next chapter of the Book of Acts. Now, you know, the Book of Acts is not you know, as far as you know the canon and God's word, it's complete. But here we are, we've been living out for two thousand years now.
Speaker 6: I just think that that was one of those things that just blew me away, and it's something that it's something that I think has stuck with me and I think all of us when we just got done doing our ex Bible study. Actually, I think the next one will be the one that releases after we released this episode it be it'll be chapter twenty seven to twenty eight, the last two chapters, and we just got done doing that, and it's one of those things that, like I said, I've taken so much more from that. I think it's it's helped me kind of try to find who I'm supposed to be, who God wants me to be. And we've talked about our spiritual gifts, the things that we're given. God has given us a platform here. This isn't us, this is none of us. Are people that would have ever thought we'd sit in front of a microphone and talk to everybody.
Speaker 3: This is not any of us.
Speaker 4: This is a Bible study.
Speaker 6: This was a Bible study because we all were like minded, you know, Christians that just wanted to kind of delve into some of the more fringe things and it just kind of developed into this. And this is God putting us out there in a way, you know, it talks like Jonah. Jonah did not want to go to Nineveh. That was not his plan.
Speaker 3: No, he did not.
Speaker 6: But you know, when you're put in a place, God gives you either a spiritual gift, or he gives you a platform, or he pushes you in a certain direction.
Speaker 3: Listen to him.
Speaker 6: He's pushing us in this direction to reach as many people as we possibly can. And regardless of your denomination, regardless of your background on the church, if you believe that Jesus died for you, if you firmly believe Jesus died for you, that that Holy spirit's living inside you and you will feel it, that you know you're.
Speaker 3: Going to heaven.
Speaker 6: And all these other things that the denominations fight over, all the other things that all the other churches fight over that are nonsalvation issues shouldn't matter. They shouldn't tear us apart. They should be we should be uniting together as a church. So for what it's worth, that's my two.
Speaker 7: Cents, and talking about that, it's it's the you don't have to be I've done this and done that. God would never use me. Paul murdered people that were Christians, and at the beginning of his ministry after Jesus come to him on the road to Damascus. They were terrified of them. They're like, oh, he's under cover. Yeah, you know pretty much. Yeah, he's tricking us.
Speaker 2: I mean, if.
Speaker 7: Anybody was was to be was to go by that standard, he wouldn't have used Paul because he killed them.
Speaker 2: If you know, look a drug dealer, a.
Speaker 7: Guy who's been in prison for most of his life, and he gets saved and he comes out, He's the one that can talk to the drug dealers and the drug addicts because he was there.
Speaker 2: He knows exactly what they're going through.
Speaker 4: That's all part of God's planning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what makes it even even bigger.
Speaker 1: So makes you use your hardships, your downfalls, your experiences.
Speaker 4: And you used it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Was it that that scripture says what the devil meant for harm, God uses for good?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a very you know, uh rocky pass with with with drug abuse and and all sorts of things. And it's easy to navel gaze and be like, you know, God can never use me. You know, I'm not worthy. No, that's devil, you dag on right, I'm not worthy. God don't need me. But thank God, he allows me to participate, and he uses me, and he can take my broken story and use it to give hope and inspiration to other people. Because I'm here to tell you anybody with an earshot of me, I do not have it all figured out. I fall daily, but praise God, I have a hand to grab and to pull me up. And if he can use me, he can use you too.
Speaker 7: And and and with that being said, it's like you hear people that say, hey, why don't you come to church? If I went to church, it up, the building would burn. Well, trust me, if that was true, it would already be burnt right from all of us that's going. But at the same time it's it's uh and.
Speaker 3: The loss that he didn't come for the righteous, for the center.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well Tom, what do you got to Well, you know what you guys are talking about to me is the beauty of the Gospel.
Speaker 5: The world says we're nothing but haters and bigots, and we're you know, we're condemning people. No, we're you know, through God, God through us is saving people. You know, we're the one that's coming after the orphans. We're the ones that's coming after the broken and the sinners and and all these people, and they're saying we hate those people. No, we don't. I know, because of what God's done for me, he can rescue them and they don't have to live in that craziness whatever it is. And you know, we tonight we were talking about all kinds of things, whether it's drugs or homosexuality. Sin is sin is sin. You know, it could be heterosexual sin. It doesn't matter. The beauty of the Gospel is there is freedom, you know. And I just want to say, hey, lay your burdens down. You know, it feels so good to get that sin off your back. Man to know, yet like you're gonna have to do something about that one day, and it's it's not going to be enough. You don't want to show up on judgment day caring that because you're gonna be screwed. Okay, it would be better to have somebody, like you said justin cover the bill, Okay. So yeah, I just this is not about condemnation or judgment or bigotry or anything like that. It's about freedom. It's about freedom. Sin is like you know, living in sin is like living in chains. And we want to see people set free, and you know, I love seeing the look on people's face when they figure that out. Some people will hate us and spit it us and scream at us and all that stuff and whatever, and then when they get set free, they're they're glowing. I've been set free. I used to hate God. I used to hate God's people, but he's he's broken the chains. So it's good news, man. And I just loved hanging out with you guys, So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, saying that, it's like I've seen it in a couple of my friends.
Speaker 2: I won't I won't say his name, but.
Speaker 7: It's like you're always anxious, You're always worried what what's gonna happen, You're always stressed out. And then when you can truly just give it to God and be relaxed, just let it go, life is so much easier. Like you're not always worried about well, am I gonna get fired? And you know it was this girl gonna like whatever. It's just so much easier. It's it's I mean, it's always being a Christian's gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: It's not. You know, the Bible tells you that because the world's after you, but.
Speaker 7: The the the weight on your shoulders will almost go away because you're not the one carrying it if you can truly give it to God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, life is hard enough, man, Just get your sins taken care of. There's enough stuff going on.
Speaker 6: So I'll tell you the biggest thing when you say that, and it's it's the difference between us and other people that are struggling in life is we.
Speaker 3: Have that hope. Yeah, we have that hope in God.
Speaker 6: And that goes back to that verse and I've said it a million times with that first Peter three point fifteen. Always be able to give a reason for the hope that you have, but do so with gentleness and respect. You know, when you are preaching the gospel, you're reaching out to people, you're not You're not condemning them. You're condemning the sin. Don't get me wrong, but you're not condemning them. We're no better than anybody else. The differences we have God, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a white lie compared to murder, it's all in God's eyes, it's all the same.
Speaker 4: I like how Tom compared it to freedom. You know, I was.
Speaker 1: A new perspective for even Mete. You know, I mean it's don't be preaching nation, don't be preaching law, don't be preaching do not, do not be s do we need to be preaching freedom?
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 6: Well, Tom, you want to let everybody know where they can find your information, find all your stuff.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you so much for having me on. This has been planned out for months. Yeah. Through the Black dot Com. That's the website that you can find me at. That's where you can find all of our archives. We've got hundreds of archives and we talk about all kinds of stuff about the stuff that we've talked about tonight, and we expose a lot of witchcraft and Satanism and things like that, and it's a place, it's a safe place where you can come and learn about those things. A lot of Christians because we're Christians, we were God's word. We don't know what the world's up to. And you see things in the street and you're like, what does that mean? What's that symbol mean? What is that person doing? We talk about that stuff and you can find all that stuff at through the Black dot Com and just the other stuff that we do. We just uh, just appreciate everybody that checks us out. Subscribes to our YouTube channel. All that stuff means a world to us.
Speaker 4: Del VICKI we said, hey, we love.
Speaker 5: Her, Yeah I will.
Speaker 3: Thanks again, Tom.
Speaker 5: God bless you guys YouTube.
Speaker 1: I know you guys keep tuning in and thank you for coming along, getting your hands starting with us.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, thanks for listening to the dig Bible podcast. Don't be like a county worker, get in that whole dig so check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and check out our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: See yeah
Speaker 5: You