Speaker 1: Follow the adventures of Sir Duncan the Toll and his unlikely squire Egg as they travel across the realm, baffling to make a name for themselves in the exciting new game of term series A Night of the Seven Kingdoms on Now, starring Peter Coffee and Dexter saw Ansel and based on the novellas by George or Or Martin. Stream At Weekly enjoyed this and more for only four ninety nine a month for six months with now eighteen plus new Now Entertainment Cinemon Boot customers only six month minimum term, standard pricing after six months. Further terms apply.
Speaker 2: Remaining live Man I Like It, Man, Let Butterfly, Flattini Wing, Dig Down and on force Man it go cause a tree fall? Let five thouve mile away Man nobody say nobody.
Speaker 3: You know need no man, we don't. It'd luck you call in your story and you got righted for like that way, man, don't like it?
Speaker 2: Dag on panel right now you don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, there's.
Speaker 3: No leg Okay, because it felt like that was a good content already.
Speaker 4: Yeah for good.
Speaker 3: Please have a mind for the content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're you're really an innovator in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It really just the Steve Jobs of podcasting. Jesus, Okay, you had to take a time, Bob Man, You've got explosive shall evidently is carrot. Jeez.
Speaker 3: Well that's not even the worst part. By that implication, it means I'd be I'd get kicked out of my own podcast and then some loser would drive it into the ground in like five years. That would be the implications of me being the Steve Jobs of podcasting.
Speaker 4: Well, keep an eye on car Man, keep an eye on cars all. Actually, it wouldn't even be car It'd be someone who just it would.
Speaker 3: Be someone who just Yeah, it would be someone who just calms down some committee and ruins it all. Yeah. That would be my luck. Actually, that would be my luck.
Speaker 4: So for and I sent this to the boardroom. Right when I was doing research for this episode, I kept finding other things that were unrelated but weren't funny. Right. So for instance, you know, last time we did the chick tracks, which was a lot of fun. Uh, And somehow I realized I missed one of the greatest hits, which I won't be showing right today. We're talking about the Nation of Islam very wise and a gust group of scholars.
Speaker 3: We should and for what it's worth, though this means nothing to our listeners, we should cover what you're talking about it alongside a larger episode about the subject in general, because I have a lot to say on it.
Speaker 4: I do too. I'm kind of fascinated by the nih This was actually funny enough. My My fascination the going on for a very long time. Have you ever seen the Louis Theroux documentary of course?
Speaker 3: Oh, of course, which is I think for years my friends and I had an in group joke about the guy. So Louis is sitting in the hall talking to the three Nation of Islam guys and the leader who has fingernails of three or four inches long, which is never explained by the way he's talking to them, and Louie is He's given the opportunity. Louis given the opportunity to ask which historical figures are black and which are not. And so he asks, like King James, of the King James Bible black, and then he asks William Shakespeare. Uh, he goes George Washington. He looked black, I think, is what he said. He looked black, but he would and then he and then he goes, how about William Shakespeare And this was the inside joke in the group Chef Forever. He goes, undoubtedly black and that is that is such a great phrase.
Speaker 4: He takes a breath like he has to like gather himself.
Speaker 3: Right right, Yeah, everybody should watch that. That's probably Lily through his best documentary. And it really went all downhill after that.
Speaker 4: Well, especially because he's a he's a very kind of you know, shrimpy, effeminate British man, right kind of rolled over shrimp like in front of this like Rick Ross dressed up for like a Christmas pageant is exactly m you should have in your head. It's hilarious. So initially I was planning on going through a comic that you guys have probably seen images from. Uh It's called yakub Creator of the White Devil Rays uh. Yes, and to be fair, it is accurate as to Yakubian lore. However, very disappointed to learn it was actually done by a satirical comic book writer, right, one of our guys, it seems Frank Edwards, who is really funny, but you know, reviewing someone else's funny stuff. You know that they're in on the joke. There's only so much you can squeeze from that, right, So Frank Edwards again does good work. He is correct, right, everything he's describing is actually what they think. But you know, there's only so much you can get there. However, I have have spent tens of minutes collecting actual Nation of Islam comic strips, and you can find these on the internet right the NOI, you know, runs a sort of a I guess you said, an archive of these, however, and you'll notice bird right off the rip. A lot of these are edited, mostly because even in their own content, they're saying things that you and I cannot say right, especially on YouTube or similar platforms.
Speaker 3: Es.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know the old joke like as this Heretz or Daily Stormer. It's basically the same thing. Like these comics are like the most grotesque like Stormbrunt illustrations you can imagine, but they are pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Have you actually gone through and edited them or do they have a kind of like family safe version of m oh wow, you spent so much more time on this than you should have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, all right, did you see that Bird.
Speaker 3: Yes, I sure can.
Speaker 4: So you can see both the illustrations and also my censorship here. Okay, this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a sneak through today on the Jay Burden experience. Is there gonna be one that gets through that you forgot about?
Speaker 4: Possibly? It wouldn't be my first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The review of Blade Rudder Thomas dropped the hard r and I forgot to edit that, and remarkably videos still monetized, which is a miracle as far as I'm considered.
Speaker 3: It's really funny.
Speaker 4: So so Bert, I'll ask you, you know, you you know a little bit about the NI right and a lot of these weirdly enough, much like our review of Jack Chick is very anti clerical, right, they really hate the church. As you can see, there's there's two kind of portals here, the mosque and the church. And out of the mosque is you know, very conservatively dressed, uh black couple, and on the other one is something sort of out of a minstrel show. Uh. Do you have anything to add on the the sort of ni you know, anti clericism and also their relation to the actual uh you know, Islamic faith.
Speaker 3: Well, well, there's certainly a lot to be said about that. Now I have done, uh, just to plug my own podcast. If you go over to the timeline eurth Patreon, I should probably make it more easily available. But for the entire last year, on Into the Cave, one of the sub podcasts to the show, I covered with my co host and friend Haas, the entirety of the thought process of the Nation of Islam on an episode, So that would probably be the best place to go if you wanted to really hear all of it. But one thing I want to make through before I'd give the explanation to your question is we were just talking about the louis Through documentary, and it actually occurs to me that we made a common mistake that many of us wife folk could do. That the Nation of Islam is totally distinct from the subject of that documentary, which was the Black Hebrew Israelites. And these are now two very different groups. Now they are both anti Christian, both of them take a similar position on Christianity. The Black Hebrew is realized. I won't spend any time on them beyond this one statement. They teach that Christianity is basically a Europeanized corruption of the true Hebrew faith of the black people, and they do believe in Jesus, but they do not believe in White Jesus. Now, the subject of what we're discussing is the nation of Islam, which was founded by Wallace Ford Muhammad. In somebody fact checked me because I think I know nineteen thirty nineteen thirty, somebody fact checked me on that because I think I'm right, and their opinion is that so there. First of all, this faith was largely shaped by Elijah Muhammad after the disappearance of Wallace Ford Muhammad, who is said to have walked into the ocean and disappeared like God's villa, literally true. And Elijah Muhammad developed a pretty distinct theology distinct from both Islam and Christianity. Their take on Christianity is that it is a slave religion, so kind of Benietzschean taken. And I'll say this much. Elijah Muhammad is no stupid man. I mean, Elijah Muhammad is actually a very philosophically well read guy, including many European philosophers such as Nietzsche, and I think he gets the same opinion about Christianity that basically that Nietzsche had is that it was a slave of religion, and then it was this is Elijah Muhammad's take, I'd say, is it was imposed upon black people by their their their slave masters. And so Elijah Mohammad was basically teaching that it was a pacification method to make black people accept their their state and their subjugation under the white man because it was promising rewards in the afterlife. So basically is a Nietzschean kind of take. Pretty standard. Honestly, was exactly the same thing Nietzsche thought about it. So what do they think about so I would say this much use the word anti clerical. Well, I think it's worth noting that they're not necessarily anti clerical because they do have like a ministerial hierarchy obviously, but it takes and it is distinct from Islam, especially Sunni Islam's view of the oumah, which is is a clerical system, but it's kind of more like Protestants, where there's like, you know, whoever whoever has the most knowledge can be a pastor. Right, So that's how Islam works, or at Sunni Islam works that way. Shia Islam works differently, so they they kind of believe you rise through their ranks based on your zeal and your knowledge, and the community's impression of you. So it's not totally anti clerical, but it is definitely strongly anti Christian establishment, basically for the same reason the black keeper Israelites believe. It's because they think it's a slave religion. They they don't believe Jesus was divine, and I'm talking about the nation of Islam here, which is standard Islam. They don't believe Jesus was divine, they don't believe in the Trinity, they don't believe he resurrected. They believe that he Jesus Us, never died on the cross, that he was substituted by Allah on the cross with another man who was a sinner, which is again standard Islam. So I think, yeah, their main ribe with Christianity is this kind of pauper esque take that you hear from, and it really did originate with them, which is that Christianity is a white man's religion. So I would say that. And so now we're looking at this comic. Let me get a closer to look at this comic. Here you can see and I don't I will avoid using this word even though it is the accurate term that would be used. But there's a word that starts with C and ends with N and there's two o's in the middle of it, and that is what you're seeing on the church side. And they do love to utilize that word to describe this sort of black person. Basically they think Christianity turns black people into that word that I don't want to use because I don't want to get you demanotized on YouTube. But yeah, that's basically what you're seeing there, is the blancification of the black man. I do like the comments that you're seeing there. Mohammad washes you up, and there is I don't know which Mohammad they're necessarily talking about, but yeah, I would say it's they have a certain hatred and skepticism of Christianity, but definitely not of Clericalism.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's certain through lines in these because I picked from over one hundred, right, and a lot of my god, there's so many, and I went through I actually did research on this, right, So there's certain through lines. Right, Like a lot of them are products of their time. They're anti Vietnam War. Many of these were made in the sixties and seventies. Right, oh wow, yeah, and this is again apparently the newspaper I can't remember the name of a lot of them are also just shilling for the newspaper, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, is this the Nation of Islam's major newspaper, and these are the it's called Mohammed Speaks. Then then it's it's called Mohammad Speaks, and that would be I don't remember the guy's last name, but I swear to you the guy who illustrated these I have to look it up. Yeah, Okay, I was gonna say, I was going to say this, but that means the guy who created these was went by the name Eugene triple X. Fact fact, he was basically their main illustrator.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of like you heard of Malcolm X. Now get ready for you?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, if I'm not mistaken, that is that is that is kind of why he took the name. If I'm not mistaken, someone can look that up. But I am pretty sure he did it, because dude, this is like a year ago, so I could be wrong, but I I think I'm right about this. Eugene triple X hated Malcolm X. They all hated Malcolm X in the end because he turned away from the Brotherhood and he went towards actual Sonia Islam, and they ended up killing him for it. And so if I'm not mistaken, hold on, I'm looking this up, okay. I. So, in nineteen sixty four, Eugene Triple X, whose actual name is Eugene Rivers, but he also went by the name my Jed. I guess, he drew a comic that showed Malcolm X's severed head on top of a pile of skulls. So he not only did he hate Malcolm X, but it's almost definitely the case that he took the name Eugene triple X to be three times better than Malcolm X.
Speaker 4: That's a level of pettiness that I just find incredibly abusing. So one of the other weird ones is dietary restrictions. Right, So this one, oh, sure, the Devil's diet for the righteous. Some of this is uh some of this is uh illegible, right, Uh?
Speaker 3: I could tell I can tell you each one of these if you're.
Speaker 4: Sure, because you'll notice there's some that you can kind of get right, like a muscle, yeah, yes, like pork or alcohol or tobacco. But there's others that are just baffling to me, like this will.
Speaker 3: Be well, so this this will be obvious to you when you go, oh, yeah, that makes sense. So this pork, of course, right in the middle of there, there's also catfish. Now catfish is a bottomed feet, so they don't eat it. You're seeing the thing in the corner down there on the bottom left, maybe you can see what that is. But if you can't, what is that is that corn bread? That is corn bread? Right, So okay, now go up to the top left. What is that? Take a guess.
Speaker 4: I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's collared greens. Are you sensing a pattern?
Speaker 4: Yes, there's yeah, yes, I'm picking.
Speaker 3: Up the pattern is of course that it's it's and this is real not actually listeners should assume unless I clarify here because I have a lot of knowledge on this. So sad, because we spent almost a year learning about it. That is the reason why you're seeing cornbread at fish also collared greens is because it's slave raisine and so this is a kind of this is a kind of way to culturally distance themselves from I mean, these guys are genuinely mentally scarred by the legacy of slavery, and so they're trying to do everything that they can to differentiate themselves from what they view as the see word that ends with ann with two o's in the middle. That they kind of view the majority black American population as.
Speaker 4: And I assume can't rattlesnake that that has to be some sort of slang because I refuse to believe that people were canning.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't even know what that is. I don't I don't even know what that is. If I had to take a guess, it's metaphorical. Yeah, I'd say it's metaphorical to refer to any canned good as.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: What's a snake? Right, Snakes have venom? So I guess like the idea is like avoid and food because it's it's it's just bad for you, which not a terrible no. You're making me want to look some of this stuff up. So, because well, I get this for sure, and.
Speaker 4: Also it's worth it's worth referencing several of these. We will see multiple takes on and Okay, the illustrations as far as diet go to insane depths, the way that they draw their oad is unflattering. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure. Okay, Before we continue here, let me give you the list. So Elijah Muhammad wrote a book. It's called How to Eat to Live. Here's some of the things in it. You're not allowed to eat tuna, alibit, parp, catfish, basically any fish that weighs more than fifty pounds. Turtles and their eggs, frogs, oysters, crabs, clams, snails, shrimp, eels can eat any of this. Not allowed to eat ease unless they're sweet peas, that's fine. Canny collar greens, canny cabbage sprouts. Can't eat turnip salad. No white potatoes, rice, pasta, grits, popcorn, sweet potatoes. You can't eat none of that. You have to have posher salt. You can't have regular salt. You need posher salt, and stay away from soda. Generally not bad advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, they're kind of winning me around here. Uh My Eugene Triple X top guy, I think I might.
Speaker 3: I think I think I'm gonna go around calling with well Eugene Quadruple Acts.
Speaker 4: That that will be the the tim Cook of Timeline Earth it's just you with the new name and some shoe polish. So another another common one, right is is the back to Africa stuff. Right, So this one we have four figures, uh, one of whom is again less than darna, less than a flattering sense. You're the police officer, right saying you on, Americans, watch your step. Then there's a an Indian fellow back to Europe my country, right, obviously getting supposed hypocrisy.
Speaker 3: That's now this is interesting before we move on. Look at the man's the Native Americans features here. They are reliably Native American features, which is pretty interesting to me because, as you may know, this is kind of a thing that both the Black Keeper Israelites do and the Nation of Islam do. They kind of believe that the Native Americans either were the original blacks and inhabited the American continent, or they believe that they were Mongolians who replaced the original inhabitants of the continent who were blacks African people. Although I think it's the Black Keeper Israelites who believe the original Native Americans and some still existing groups of Native Americans were black, and I think the Nation of Islam just kind of thinks the original inhabitant indigenous inhabitants of America who were black were replaced by Mongols. We'll call them mongols.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean quite literally, the black keepers relate are the origin of the you was meme? Right, is that right? Yeah? We was kings. You know.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: What's actually interesting is that the uh, the Edwards comic, to give him credit, he actually studied these illustrations. And you can tell because the you know, the yakubi and white people are drawn very very similar to how you know this white cop is right, and so you know, the last there's a sort of a an Uncle Tom esque figure right saying me on American and then in the back right which by the way, this is a very poorly uh composed artwork. It's actually kind of hard to understand what Ell is going on here. But in the background, uh, you see the you know, the the Nation of Islam fellow and he says, this day every man must go back to his own The earth belongs to the original black man.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Interesting stuff there.
Speaker 3: Now, that is that is quite interesting. I guess I'm sorry, maybe I'm info dumping too much, and you like not if I am, But so that belongs to the original black people. Now this black people. So here's the thing. Now, when you when you hear the term black people, you think about Africans, right, But as far as I recall, the Nation of Islam is very adamant that they are not African. They refer to themselves as Middle Eastern or Asiatic. So they don't like to be called African. They like to be called Asiatic. And I think that's because of the Islam thing. So that's kind of interesting to see in there.
Speaker 4: You're one hundred percent right, and we will see the recurrence of Asia. Right, ill defined Asia, but not Asians, right. They don't like those guys either. So this one is the kind of you know, anti Christian stuff, right. I won't read through it, but it's this kind of corpulent black minister with a kroker bag full of money, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 3: And I mean this absolutely exists in the black community, by the way. That kind of like high rolling evangelical who believes that time should go directly to his wallet. This is a very real thing.
Speaker 4: The real reason I included this one is because I think I just like exposing you to anti Catholic bigotry because in the bottom left, two panels right. He turns to the Pope and I will not imitate the accent. That would be very disrespectful, but it is written and it sort of acclude you bonics.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see he's on the phone with the real pope.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen. If the Pope can bless people, he can make people say so, well, I can too. Wow.
Speaker 4: And then read the next one.
Speaker 3: Right, he's just another white cracker pulling off the best hustle ever been thought up. And just because he's white, them uppity really next to.
Speaker 4: Again, if you should we.
Speaker 3: Have a corner on black chumps. Wow, this is very polemical.
Speaker 4: It is very political. Uh. And again this is a this is an archetype that does exist in that community.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh, So again we see the classic. There's also a lot of these that are firmly anti integration of all of the topics. This is the one that I could not pull from the most, as you can imagine, because they are, to use your phrase, quite polemical. Right. But in this one we have we have sure, we said, an eager young brother looking at this sort of skeletal temptress right, and over top of her, she's got a cigarette. In one hand, a bottle of liquor on the on the end of the couch, and it just says Christianity tempts her slave, and uh, you know the guy she has a cross around her neck that says integration and uh, you know on the the the other side, right, the truth of self and her would save you. Idea that you don't know who you are, know who you know the church is a common theme, right, The idea that you know, sag enation or Christianity are you know, weakening to this culture.
Speaker 3: I'm fascinated by that one. Honestly, I don't know any words for that one. Anti integrationists you said, people don't realize this, but they, the Nation of Islam did not participate in as far as I know, any civil rights activism. I know Malcolm X was deeply against like the March on Washington for instance, totally against it. So not only the non integration is but they they didn't even want to integrate with blacks who are who were within the civil rights movement. There's an even isolation. This is probably a better way even to describe them.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, And it's uh, it's a common theme through this right, So in this one. We have another kind of two paths. Right one door the door to hell. Uh. It says integration on it and behind it door you see the flames and the end of American black Man. And on the door signed the Muslims. Just just kind of funny, you see a message that says no, thank you independence. And on the other side, you know, looking through this door, you see this kind of futuristic city, uh with you know, of course trains, we have public transport, and it says we are a nation within a nation. Allah offers us a place on this our own earth to live in peace. The door says Mohammad's program for the black Man infinite future has now gone on the black Man, which again there's sort of a mucho texto element to this black man all one word. But you know again that kind of you know, firmly anti integration, the idea that integration is, you know, the cultural destruction that you see from the NLI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they so this maybe this would surprise some people as well, but they as far as I know, the original nation of Islam, that's to say, Wallace Fard Muhammad's iteration before it was taken over by Elijah didn't even they didn't even use the Koran. This was not even a holy text that they utilize at all. And you may get to some comics that discuss that in detail. And as far as I know, it was Elijah Muhammad who brought the Koran in with some with what would kindly be described as some unorthodox interpretations of the text. But they so like their relationship with other groups of Islam is Obviously Islam thinks they're heretical, and they just they they they don't even honestly, I don't even know, And it seems like they did a very good job of keeping the membership unwise of Sunni Islam and Islam. They not only do they keep a distant but they stay like it's it's weird because they use so much Islamic like vocabulary, and they have the clothing and the identity as Muslims, and they do borrow some of those practices, like the prayer. They do the prayer five times a day, they fast, and they fast on Ramadon, so they have an aligned calendar with with Sunni Islam. And as we saw earlier, they have many of the same dietary restrictions. They view the Orthodox Muslim to those blasphemers if they talk about them at all. So they've done a very strong job, especially post Malcolm X's nineteen seventy five you know split I think it was nineteen seventy five, maybe it was earlier than that. They they've done a really intense job of trying to keep their group from ever even thinking about actual Islam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is actually a detail I didn't know. So we have returned to the dietary. Wow, you see what I mean?
Speaker 3: That's horrify. Yeah, there's a lot of loot.
Speaker 4: It's horrifying, way grotesque. And the one in the back would make a great profile picture like just that face.
Speaker 3: Very true. You're seeing a surprising amount of colorism as well, right Like they in the black community, they refer to this idea of colorim people when not know that colorism it's kind of an inter black racial conflict where the darker skinned you are, you're often associated as being more of a low class kind of person. And it's interesting right in here. I don't know if this is just an issue of the comic being scanned, but it certainly doesn't seem like that. It seems like they are intentionally choosing to depict the non Islamic and I use it in quotes black as being darker skinned, Yes.
Speaker 4: And with shall we say, less than charitable representation of their human.
Speaker 3: Feature facial features? Yes, yes, true as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah so in this one, right, it's this sort of like deliberately horrifying table. Right, it's kind of blinking, you know, it has like a you know, pig pow stenche coming off of it. You have presumably his wife in the background, literally just eyes and teeth. Right, there are facial features to be seen, and you know this is all about the dangers of pork. Right. The top line says, read what Allah has revealed of this poisoned swine eating the wrong food. It forms your features and your characteristics. Right, The idea of the swine makes you like one.
Speaker 3: They're quite what do we have in that bright box? And I'm very fascinated by the the meal in this cartoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let me let me plow that up again. That'd be a very funny profile picture. In fact, I like that.
Speaker 3: There seems to be an intentional use of the word swine as well. I don't know, I don't know why that is, but they're choosing to use the Germanic route for some reason, and I'm not sure why.
Speaker 4: The meal in this cartoon consists of one hundred percent swine. The gentleman is eating the feet. The swine is eaten by the black man from his snoot to his tail. The intestines chitterlings is the prided part. He is the ugliest, facilliest, healthy, smelly animal. He lives and thrives off of filth. Poison has little effect upon him.
Speaker 3: That's a lie that says lying. Why something else? Oh hot, ash, I don't I don't know how you say that.
Speaker 4: Alla said this animal was grafted from cat, rat and dog. I like in the in the midst of that invective, they just say the pig is the silliest animal, right, like, oh, we can't have any silly animals here. Uh uh? And then next issue the pork orb and the effect of poison on the eater of the swine flesh. Keep your eye on this picture again, the albo. But uh did you it's the little girl in the bottom right eating what I assume is a is a pigtail.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I though, shit's shocking. I mean it's it is, uh, you know it. It is something that makes you go if a why guy made this, right, it makes you have that old sort of reflective thing that sometimes we do where we go if we did this.
Speaker 4: News yeah, now, yeah, the uh I think it's funny that they choose the word snoot s n oot. That's not me doing like a reddit holesome jungus, that's the word they picked.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that is oh yeah. You can see it in the bottom, by the way, if you go back just right the bottom there, it's got my geed as the Stegned artist.
Speaker 4: He illustrated almost all of these.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yes, this one is slightly more baffling.
Speaker 3: This is a different This is clearly a different artist.
Speaker 4: Right. So this is a you know, it seems to be a you know, a poor white family to have the you know, the liquor jug, the kids not wearing your shoes, they were in you know, overalls, and he's talking to a guy the press, right, And I think this is an anti racist UFO cartoon.
Speaker 3: I'm reading it as you're describing, and I have no idea what the message here is.
Speaker 4: So it says I couldn't see nobody in the flying object, but the chauffeur, well, I guess he was the chauffeur he was black? Is is this racist to assume that black people can only drive flying saucers if their chauffeurs? Is that the angle? Like, genuinely I'm baffled by this.
Speaker 3: I don't know what this one is, but I kind of appreciate the family guy ask style that it's being drawn.
Speaker 4: Also, this is signed Gerald x two, which means I really hope this guy is doing the duplicate name thing and his name is Gerald Gerald. Uh. I can't prove that. I just think this one is funny and utterly confused.
Speaker 3: That's really good. And you found this and you found that one on a Nation of Islam website, so we know this is associated with This is.
Speaker 4: N O i w C the official Nation of Islam website dot info slash comics. I will include the links if you. There are literally hundreds of these. Uh maybe now.
Speaker 3: Because the artist has signed their name down there, but I just can't. I know it says something two.
Speaker 4: X, but I just can't.
Speaker 3: Oh, Gerald's two x Gerald, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes, That's why I'm hoping it's Gerald. Jerald is his name just because.
Speaker 3: It's Funeral Gerald? Wimp? Another one up draw us Another one baffle us.
Speaker 4: That's the comic. This is Wizard Reverord.
Speaker 3: Is completely certainly, certainly like genuinely.
Speaker 4: Even with full like empathy, like trying to sync into this belief system. I do not know what the point of this is. Is it supposed to be that white people are stupid for seeing UFO, Like genuinely, I do not know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, and I don't know either. And now sometimes I'll go to the fresh market in northern Miami and it seems to be it located in an area with many of these adherents because for reasons I'll explain to you after the show, it was revealed to me that a number of people who work at this location are kind of Nation of ISLAMI And again, I don't know why, but it it. It was made clear to me that a lot of these folks just kind of grow up in this situation. So we're on we are on generals three or four of cognizant black Americans who grew up in this system, and I mean exclusively in this system. It's a very insular system. So we're reading something like this and we're going, what is this supposed to mean? Well, the honest truth is it may have some deeply esoteric meaning that it means nothing to us, but it's something that they all know because they all kind of grew up hearing it, and we may see that in many of these cases.
Speaker 4: That's my best bet, because otherwise I am completely and totally baffled.
Speaker 3: Is that the dying gall that has does that's got to be the dying gall. Yes, that has to be a reference of the dying gall.
Speaker 4: This is another one I've had to edit, right, so this.
Speaker 3: Oh so your edits are covering the funny word, the special funny words? Yeah, okay, And can I ask you when the special funny word was written? It's a hard R or a soft a.
Speaker 4: Uh hard r like you don't get me wrong punches yeah, uhh. So in this one, which again kind.
Speaker 3: Of this guy.
Speaker 4: With the roach, Yeah, I think it's MLKA.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be MLK, right, yeah, wow, because it's such a recognizable visit, it's gotta be. Mkay my god.
Speaker 4: So this one, it's another complicated composition. Right, we have this this soup pine. Uh you know, black man beleaguered, Right, he's in rags, he's got rats eating. How would you describe it bird.
Speaker 3: That would know I didn't actually don't think there's a better word than what you use to describe him.
Speaker 4: Uh so he is. He has got on one side a man in a fez comforting him right the Nation of Islam, and in behind him it's sort of like a seventies portrait taking it a mall. There's a like a cloud, and out of it it says, on his way to rulership. Right at the top, it says it was Mohammed who came out with a three year program in nineteen sixty four to fight poverty and want among our people, which is kind of a funny thing to say. So MLK is running up with like a I assume that's one of those like old timey fumigators, right the pump powered.
Speaker 3: Right some some kind of stupefying gas.
Speaker 4: Would says rat and roach killer. I see. Maybe I assume the thing is that he's not actually fixing the problem. He's just getting rid of the roaches and raps that are eating his feet. Maybe that's the angle. And behind him you have the kind of scowling white capitalist figure, right, the monopoly man saying reverend, I don't don't I have a housing and slum clearance and rat control program for you. With the black minister next to him, there's also just like a stacked up blonde lady in the back.
Speaker 3: I see that. I see that as well, and she's drawn quite flatteringly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that is a student of the art.
Speaker 3: Tells you a little bit about the inner psychology there when it's worth So, okay, can I can I can I break this down? Can a white boy break this one down?
Speaker 4: Buzz it out? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can what? Can a white boy speak a little Japanese on him for a minute? Okay? So now we're seeing you see the man dressed in the in the in the in the regular Nation of Islam. Garb over there, who's grasping the head of the soup pine black man. We're seeing a cloud that depicts and and what is it saying.
Speaker 4: On Mlk's coattail. It says rat and killer.
Speaker 3: The cloud above. Uh, this is on my way to rulership, on his way to rulership. So rulership. It's it's not just a it's not just like a word that they use. This is a central theological concept in the Nation of Islam, and this is going to get us sense of the good stuff. So I'm gonna break it down for you. In the beginning, I'm trying to remember this stuff, so I may get some of this wrong. But in the beginning, there was Allah, and when Allah established the world, he created twenty three angels, and the twenty three angels were each supposed to be given.
Speaker 4: Like a.
Speaker 3: Were they angels? You know what I'm thinking?
Speaker 4: They were? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, okay. Now it's all coming back to me because this is the point of the story. So you've heard about Yakub. What was Yakhoub's profession? Do you remember Yakoub's profession?
Speaker 4: He was a scientist and a tricknologist.
Speaker 3: He was well triggering, he was He definitely was a scientist. He definitely created the science of technology. Now, so okay, So in their kind of like cosmology, there is a twenty I'llah creates twenty three angel scientists, and each one of them is supposed to have a astrological period of rulership over the universe or the planet. I don't remember which one it is, and I and it's I think it's like twelve thousand years maybe or something like that. And this is the this is where Yakub comes into the story because Jakub is one of the original angel scientists that was created by Allah and it was his turn to rule and to rule the earth. He created white people, and he, you know, and we all know sorry about how he was very ugly and he came to hate the others because they mocked him for his ugliness, and so he created white people because he wanted to rule the world. And so the way that he was able to rule the world was he created white people and he taught them a system of tricknology, and that's how white people rule the world by applying the system of tricknology. And the Nation of Islam has always said that the ruling angel scientists allowed the creation by Yakoub of the others because they felt that by creating by creating white people, black people would realize that human beings have this deep seated evilness inside of all of them, all humans, including in the black man, and the tricknological era that Yakoub presides over would be an opportunity for black people to learn how to deal and defeat evil right and so they so they in the process of Yakub's rulership over the universe through white people using trichnology. They say this is their period to learn uh and to to to learn how to defeat evil. Basically, so white rulership for them is like a punishment. It's a divine lesson to learn how to defeat evil in the future. And at some point white rulership is going to end because the black man will learn how to defeat trichnology. And if I'm not mistaken, we are now outside of the period of Yakub's rulership over the world. I think the Nation of Islam was actually created. When the Nation of Islam was created, it was the end of Yakub's trichnological rain over the universe, if I'm not mistaken. And so this like basically Nation of Islam is saying we have solved the tricknological problem. And so the black man that you see there who's dressed in the Nation of Islam garb, this is a symbol of the black man who is to them, who is the owner of the whole planet and believes in the one True God Allah. He's waiting to become the ruler over the universe in the way that the white man was for however long eight thousand years, twelve thousand years, and I'll remember. But he is now waiting for rulership to take over the universe from the white man. Now that he's cracked the code and he has he has discovered how to defeat technology. And so when you see all of these, you know, the dietary laws and the fact that they won't participate in the civil rights movement, and the fact that they hate Christianity. All of this assemblage is meant to be the counter to technology. And so they've basically invented a complete anti white system that they believe any deviance from, deviation from becomes trignological. So they've managed to kind of lock in their eschatology in a in a rhetorically very powerful way. And so that's kind of that's what rulership is. It's a key I guess you'd call it eschatology because it refers to the at least the end of the previous world, which is ruled by the Yakubians. They are now stepping up to rule for I guess, however long, I don't know if it's eternity or if they eventually believe that this period of rulership will end I don't know, they never got there, but that's what you're seeing there.
Speaker 4: Who's next up to bat? Right? Like it's a great question because you know it's you've got some time, but like, right, you know, is it? Are the Filipinos up next? Like? Are they that you know? As he Michael Jones says, right, the star children? You know, maybe.
Speaker 3: The cosmic race.
Speaker 4: I think that's.
Speaker 3: For two years, that's the Jose Vascncelos believe the Mexicans were the cosmic race. Yeah, yes, so I think it would be a category error to assume that each of the god scientists, you know, these angelic science I'm looking it up. They're called God scientists, each of them is a different race, because remember it's Ja Cub through science creates every non black race. Remember Ja Cub is working towards the creation of the perfect evil in a way, if you've ever read Madame Blovotski's The Secret Doctrine, or if you've ever gotten into freemasonry or what am I I'm forgetting the word for it, but this idea that there's different root races, right, and each root race has arised in a different nastrological period. It's kind of reminiscent of that. But it would be a mistake to say each of the God scientists is different race, because remember, Yakub has created all of the non black races. I think he created I could get this wrong, but I think he created Native Americans second, after blacks, he watched them a little literally, it's described as genetic washing, and then he created Asians, and then he created whites like it's some progression. Actually, Yakub wasn't even around when whites were created. It was his cohort because Yakub had died by the time whites were perfected. So yeah, pathmosts right on the island of potmost, that's correct. Yeah, his scientists who followed his technological doctrines eventually created white people, but they had to go through the process of creating every other race first. So I think it would be a mistake to say the other God scientists were other races, and that all of the God scientists, I think they're just black, right, I think all of them are black, including Yakub. Yakoub was black. It's just he was evil and he was evil because now I don't know this was here, but I think Yakub became evil because he began to hate himself because he was mocked for his very large head, which is a very unusual thing because it kind of makes you go in a way, the black man mocking another black man is what created evil in the world. So it's you kind of have to put it at the feet of the other god scientists, right, you have to kind of have to go. If you guys just accepted Yakpou for who he was, you wouldn't have this whole trichonological problem.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if that discootical conundrum if you will.
Speaker 3: And a flummoxing if you will. People are probably going, why does he know so much?
Speaker 4: So this actually, uh, this connects very very well to this comic book or to this comic panel. Right to a figure in the center and he's got again surrounding him. Yep, maji. Uh you know they're a figure years off screen with guns pointed at him in the barricade.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, yeng.
Speaker 4: Yes, one says the white man's way, the yellow man's way, the red man's way, and then a burst of light from from you know, stage left, which says Mohammed's way to freedom. And at the bottom it says he seeks every way with his own. This is interesting because you know, you've mentioned the connection to Asia, which comes up in a lot of other comics. I did not show because I didn't know we were fresh on it. But there is a distinction, of course between like the idealized Asia and then also, as she would say, the yellow man, not my words but his yea quoting a civil rights icon. Uh. By the way, I'm so mad this didn't come out on MLK Day. That would have been really funny.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: We should yeah, we should have. Yeah, that's we really should have.
Speaker 4: Before it is again we see the same you know, kind of dramatic casting of this.
Speaker 3: So so and can we go back to that for one more and they'll be quick on this. First of all, I find it very funny that there is you can see there's six barricades, maybe seven barricades, so you can see in their cosmology, right, there's three races. Clearly besides the black man, there's three. Now the brown race is okay, I looked it up. This is the order of operations. The black race was created by Allah and then Yakoob created first the brown race, which refers to I'm not sure who. I don't know because it doesn't refer to who. Yeah, it kind of a catch all. Then he created the red race, then he created the yellow race, and then he created the white race. Okay, so in their cosmology there are four other races besides the black race, very very bluemenbaki and I mean this is like I'm telling you, Wallace Vard Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad were very much into early German race science, like late eighteen hundreds or early nineteen hundreds. They had to be very inspired by this stuff because you can't just come up with this stuff out of nowhere. But it's so you're seeing six barricades, but just to be clear, there's only five races in their cosmology. And as you can see, one of the barricades is open because it's the black man's way. So you're getting these other three barricades. One of them is going to be the brown man's way, but then there's two others. We can only imagine what those two others are supposed to symbolize. Oh oh, one of Okay, this is not a joke. This is not a joke. I'm remembering this now. The reason why there are this is not a joke. It's not, it's not. This is real. The reason why there are gorillas in the world, sorry, this is real. The reason why there are gorillas in the world is because during this the hundreds of years it took to create the devilish white race, there were some mistakes, and in the process of making some mistakes, they created gorillas. So, and this is true in proper nature of islam biology. Gorillas, and I think apes of all kinds are basically just devolved whites. They they're like genetically messed up whites. So one of those pylons there says brown, and one of them certainly says gorilla, which leaves one more pylon, the unknown pylon, which we just won't know what it says.
Speaker 4: It just says gorilla mode. Right, That is all I said, No gorilla mode. The next one is similarly baffling, but might well be one of the funniest images I've ever seen on the internet. Bird Oh, oh my god, robotic Santa Claus just says black Santa on it. That's it.
Speaker 3: A robot Freddie fog Bear style robot, kind of like animatronic.
Speaker 4: Do you remember on the Birdsman's episode when we talked about the kind of sacral importance of Santa Claus as a figure. I think this image really puts my theory at risk. Uh this would be another great profile picture by the way. This right, but uh wow, yes, I guess the implication is that, you know, greedy white capitalists are giving money to nat King Cole who lives inside of robot Santa.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. Now, this image brings up a topic in my mind that has not been discussed yet. But you may have pulled a comic that goes into it. But we should briefly talk about Judaism within the Nation of Islam complex. Do you have a comic on Judaism? I don't, Okay, this probably will be a this. Yeah, that's pretty interesting that you didn't find any, because they are anti Semitism as a word that might be rightly applied to the Nation of Islam.
Speaker 4: I think Lewison made some infamous comments.
Speaker 3: That now, but a lot of the comics that you're seeing here are from the Elijah Muhammad era before Lewis Farrah Coon takes over and that stuff really comes to the forefront. But it should definitely be mentioned that even Wallace Forard Muhammad going back as far As the nineteen thirties was saying that Judaism was an evil religion because even though the Jews had received the Divine Scriptures, they immediately began to tamper with it. And which, by the way, the Divine Scriptures were originally written in Arabic, just to be clear here, so they weren't written in Hebrew. They were originally written in Arabic, and then he believed they were converted into Hebrew. So one of the things that I want to bring up is to bring up here's a big contrast between the Nation of Islam and the Black Hebrew Israelites. Is the question of the white man. So now the white man is created by the Yakubian scientists in the Nation of Islam schema. This does not exist in the Black Hebrew Zerelite schema. And it's actually that there's an interesting divergence when it comes to the question of the Jews. Both groups believe that the Jews as we know them, this is to say, Ashkenazi Jews. So the Ascanism is sapfhard him the Misrahim. All of the Jews that we know of, they're all white. They're all white people. And the departing notion, as far as I remember, is actually kind of interesting scripturally. The Black Keep so that Black Keeper Israelites believe that that the white Jews, that is to say that people who I just named are the descendants of Esau. So if you know your Bible, then you kind of know the relationship between Jacob, who becomes this reel after wrestling with God or one of the angels. He becomes Israel, which the term Israel means he who struggles with God, which is the kind of notional change in Jacob's name to refer to Jacob's progeny as being the ones who know God and struggle to know him. And Esau branches off and becomes kind of like an animalistic man. In black Hee Berw Israel, he basically goes right, he's the red haired devil. It goes gorilla mode. In the black Keep Berw Israelite genre, they say that they are the descendants of Jacob, and that the white Jews, the people who call themselves Jews who are really white, are the descendants of Esau. So you kind of know the tension there. But here's the big difference. The Nation of Islam believes that Jacob is the progenitor of those white Jews that we're talking about, and that Esau is just kind of a consequential, inconsequential figure in that way, they kind of have this similar Biblical interpretation in the sense that it's Jacob who is the main subject and Esau who's kind of cast off as a side subject. And that's so that's one of their big divides, is the Nation of Islam distances themselves both from Jacob and Esau. They believe Jacob is kind of an impostor, a white Jew who is part of that white devil race, and that Esau is also kind of a white devil. It's not the Jews that we know of, and it's the black keeper Israelite. You say, no, Jacob was black and Esau was ruddy, which is in the Bible. Esau was that's true, meaning he was red of face and pale skinned. So the divide for the black Heeber Israelites is at the point of Jacob and Esau. So they don't have as funny enough, even though you kind of view them as even more extreme than the Nation of Islam. They don't have a theological view about whites. They believe that whites are kind of the side the other brothers who believe that they have a birthright but don't, and that they are the sons of Jacob, the true Israel, the real children of Israel, who will be delivered unto God's promises. And it's the Nation of Islam who I believe have a kind of even more, much more extreme view, where whites are not just like you know, brothers' intention, but they're like cosmologically evil, like metaphysically evil. Right. So you know, we always view those guys standing in Times Square with their magician outfits and stuff as being the kind of real extremists. But really, if you're a white person, the Nation of Islam is they are the real extremists because they view you as metaphysically evil and not just kind of like a brother intention. Don't mistake me. Both of them think you're very evil, but they think about it in different ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the black he Brews are really just don't have a cosmology of white people, right, Right, It's not this like eternal trichnological struggle. Right.
Speaker 3: Can I give you one more thought that I have on this, yeh, Because there's a really interesting thing I'm sure you know about this, but the Nation of Islam has at various times engaged with white supremacists. Yes, they've made out alliances with white supremacists. I'm sure you know that Elijah Mohmand had a somewhat surprisingly close relationship with George Lincoln Rockwell, who is the founder of the American Nazi Party. I mean, I'm reading this now. I never knew this till right now at a nineteen sixty two this is like a TL had to write this, but this is real. I'm gonna just read what it says. In one early instance, Elijah Muhammad invited American Nazi Party boss George Lincoln Rockwell to the Nation of Islam's nineteen sixty two Saviors Day conference. Rockwell spoke at the event and therein christened Elijah Muhammad as quote the adult hitler of the black Man.
Speaker 4: That would be such a great title for this episode, but I can't do that. That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that until right now. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Like it really is like the version of that theme where it's like the guy in Dreads and the you know, the redneck dude, you know, holding hands, and it's like, this is what they fear right.
Speaker 3: It's uh, yes, yes, that's just I'm only bringing that up because we just got off the Judaism. I think that's a great way to kind of end the section on Judaism of this episode.
Speaker 4: So this is actually related to that's about or apes.
Speaker 3: Right, freaking yoga mash. That's freaking Gilgamesh right there, that's heat saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got the man yeah with his club. Uh, you know the obviously.
Speaker 3: Now talk about a good profile picture.
Speaker 4: There's so many. Either one of these, right, would go great. Uh. There's some honestly really fun illustrations in this. I see why they Wow, seems like a lot of fun. This one is just, oh my god, very funny to me. So, uh, here we have.
Speaker 3: This is not this is doesn't seem theological.
Speaker 4: That's where I So you have a white couple. The woman's in curlers with sort of a magic school bus s dress, and Harry legs, you know, a fat, kind of slovy white guy with his hand on Wow, A young brother just saying, son, it's about time your mother and I told you you're adopted. I don't know what the message is.
Speaker 3: I just thought it's about time I told you you're the Adolph Hitler of The Black Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is this is a memorialization of George Lincoln Rockwell and his wife talking to uh.
Speaker 3: I like that. This one doesn't really seem to This one feels like it was illustrated by the same guy who did the UFO on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's leaving me going, what the hell does this mean?
Speaker 4: And honestly, maybe he just thought it was funny. There's no wider message.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I agree, Thank you Gerald, Gerald for your illustrations.
Speaker 4: Thank you Eugen x three. All right at our last illustration, Oh my goodness, which again I find completely baffling, very funny. Again, this is another drawing you or I could not have made.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It's a It's a guy wearing giant shoes that say Mohammad's program and he just wow, I'll steal him for myself. He's trying to run up and take Muhammad's Jay's It's just tragic.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that is supposed to me, and I think I could take a guess, but I don't. I don't. This is very unclear to It's obviously the kind of like the shoes, like the shoes are too big for you or walk a mile in my shoes something like that, like you can't fill the shoes? Is that expression one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: I'll be honest. I just saw an illustration of a brother stealing shoes, and I thought that was pretty funny. That was about his great thought press worked in this well.
Speaker 3: As you can tell, mister Burden, I think a lot about this subject.
Speaker 4: Clearly much more than I do. My God, I'm impressed Bird. This was a remarkably scholarly tone for this happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of the five subjects I would say I have more knowledge on than most of my white brothers.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would say, you know, honestly, I'm almost impressed. You were truly are a scholar of the scholars.
Speaker 3: Thank you. As you can kind of see by my my character image, I was deeply inspired by Moss.
Speaker 4: Jed deeply inspired by Eugene Eugene or Gerald.
Speaker 3: Gerald Gerald Jerald's Yeah, I think it would be Eugene Eugene Eugene Ever being honest.
Speaker 4: That should be their new naming convention, right, just Rade to quit generations more copies of the same name.
Speaker 3: How does it feel to get off of the r and McIntyre show to hop onto this, like, what does it feel like? What's your life? Blag dude, dude's a mess. I'm going gorilla would like to talk about this with me? I think so you should. You should have you on. You can even bring out your power point right to and I talk NonStop for fifty five minutes. He can't get a word him.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea the monologue. That's actually a very funny idea. Bird to get high profile guests and just completely edit them out right, just on him, yeah, yeah, yeah, and just cut any response so it's like the beginning. In the end, it just fades to nothing. Don't even cut the dead air, just have like ten seconds of solid static like good point anyway back to the island of pat.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but black Santa Man who is driving a UFO and listen to show bird. It's been a ton of flood man.
Speaker 3: More people find you, nice, buddy, You can find me listeners anywhere.
Speaker 5: You get podcasts off you.
Speaker 3: Marketing is hard, but I'll tell you a little secret. It doesn't have to be. Let me point something out. You're listening to a podcast right now, and it's great. You love the host, You seek it out and download it. You listen to it while driving, working out, cooking, even going to the bathroom. Podcasts are a pretty close companion. And this is a podcast ad. Did I get your attention? You can reach great listeners like yourself with podcast advertising from libsynads. Choose from hundreds of top podcasts offering host endorsements, or run a pre produced ad like this one across thousands of shows.
Speaker 4: To reach your target audience and their favorite podcasts with libsynads, go to libsynads dot com.
Speaker 3: That's l I B s y n ads dot com Today