Speaker 1: Yeah, back for more. Already are we did day one of Halloween Week not satiate your appetite? Well, then you are in luck because with one day gone, that still means there are six days to go yet in Halloween Week. But you see, the first case of the week was merely a warm up, meant to ease you into the strange and into the paranormal. Today, your hosts have something a little more spooky, as you may call it, I, for one, would instead call it down right evil, but I will leave it to you to decide what you want to call it.
Speaker 2: I will be your master of.
Speaker 1: Ceremonies for this week. My name is Jacko, and if you may allow me to introduce you to your guides during this fourth annual Halloween Week.
Speaker 2: Here they are.
Speaker 1: You're ever so illustrious hosts of Wicked and Grim Ben and.
Speaker 2: Nicole ding Dang, he does it again every time.
Speaker 3: It's chills, every single fucking time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have to also say it's funny. I kind of forgot. I don't know why, just like internalize this, but Spooky sees it already getting to me. I think the vampire shit's getting to me. Oh wise, we also watched some sort of a movie too, right that there was like vampires.
Speaker 3: Recently interview with vampire.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such an easy title. I would remember that. But I was drinking like hibiscus tea and I had the tea bag and the bowl like because I had taken it out of my water, and it looks like very red, like the liquids in there, like kind of bloody. And I was like, but I would never have thought that, probably before all this vampire shit talk.
Speaker 3: And it's just getting started, just getting started. I mean, I'm not gonna say specifically about vampires, but the whole thing just in general with the spooky season. The goose, the goose, like the ghosts, the ghosts and ghoules, and I mean in Canada, honestly, gooses are pretty scary.
Speaker 2: So well, they're all flying. They're flying south right now. They are. They're flying away from us because they're like, shit, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's too fucking cold.
Speaker 2: I wish I was. I'm flying with them, to be.
Speaker 3: Honest, wouldn't that be amazing to just fucking peace out whenever you wanted to?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, when it's like okay, like this is getting a bit chilly, like I'm done with this. No, I mean, just whenever you want, well, they don't whenever, they just go when they the cold weather's coming.
Speaker 3: Now, whenever the fuck they want to, They're like, no, it's too cold them out.
Speaker 2: I actually feel like it's a bit late, Like I'm I'm almost feeling like they should have already left.
Speaker 3: Oh a lot have there still are some going, but majority ors have gone.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just like, hurry up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also have a lot going on this week outside of Halloween week. We're even moving because if you don't know, we live in a tiny home and we're moving our tiny home this week to a new spot. So we've got a lot packing, a lot of packing up, and just a lot of moving stuff in general going on during this whole seven days of spookiness, because.
Speaker 2: Who the fuck decides to move? Well, it's Halloween week, apparently us Apparently. I just so question and so often, like what are we doing with our life? I know it, I know it just kind of worked out that way.
Speaker 3: So yeah, fair enough. I can tell you one thing that we did decide to do with our life, and it was a super cool photo shoot that was posted today and you guys, have you're loving it?
Speaker 2: Lastly, I know, I wonder if it's a fan favorite, right, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, which because what have we done? We've done We've kind of gone all over this. We have the Pumpkin, the ghosts. We did like what was that like? We looked kind of dead dish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did like skull makeup, and then then we just like dressed up in like black and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then yeah, we did the zombie thing and then now this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now the skeleton onesies. This was certainly the most comfortable of the costumes.
Speaker 2: You know. I did really like the ghosts one though too. That was pretty fun but and it wasn't uncomfortable, but you couldn't see shit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and that year we did the pumpkins and the ghosts. Yeah, we did like two in one.
Speaker 2: I know, we screwed that up.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to run out of ideas.
Speaker 3: No, trust me, Well we'll get it going, we'll.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Figure, there's always going to be something, just like the cases, there's always going to be a case at hand, And today is one that has been on my radar for a while, not necessarily for like the podcast by any means. But this is a haunted location that I've always been intrigued by. It's kind of like a bucket list item to travel to. I don't know if I would ever stay there.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can actually stay at this place.
Speaker 3: Oh you can. This is an inn.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you would go there, But so you happily go in, but you're just not sure you would stay over correct. Okay, So.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering what you guys would do if you would stay at this place. Let us know, let us know if you would even go there. I'm curious, and Nicole at the end of this, you got to let us know your thoughts too, if you would stay, if you had crossed the threshold of that door, or what you would do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I have stayed in a haunted place before in Barkerville. True, but like it's haunted, but I don't know. The stories don't seem terrible. So I'll listen to this and see what I think.
Speaker 3: This is certainly more haunted than the Barkerville place.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, this place is known as the Ancient ram Inn. Huh okay, okay, So this inn is a significant historical building located in Wooten under Edge, which is a market town in the Stroud district of Glutenshire, England. I really hope I said that right. Gloucestonshire. Maybe is how he actually say that?
Speaker 2: That sounds better?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gloucestershire, England. It is also one of England's most haunted locations and it is an infamous paranormal hotspot.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the inn aptly named the Ancient Ram is exactly that. It is ancient. It's an eight hundred year old Grade to historical building built of stacked stones and supporting wood beams. It boths small rooms with narrow hallways and small steps and fireplaces throughout. Looking at it, it is something directly out of the medieval era. Now, I say Ancient Ram is eight hundred years old, but in reality no one knows its exact age. The deed to the Ancient Ram inn now they're mostly written in Norman French, and they are held in the Record's office, not actually in like a person's hand. It's the Historical Records Office. But translated to English, they read quote the Ancient Ram in dates to time immemorial. Now Time immemorial is a phrase meaning time extended beyond the reach of memory, record or tradition. So the paper trail leads back eight hundred years ago. However, the deed documents that it is most likely constructed far beyond the existence of any records they have. It literally predates any records in the era. It could be around one thousand years old today and that's approximately what they estimate it to be.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, huh, this.
Speaker 3: Inn is estimated to be a thousand years old.
Speaker 2: All I want to keep saying is that's ancient.
Speaker 3: The ancient ram in there we go.
Speaker 2: So the title is very or the name or whatever's very fitting.
Speaker 3: It's extremely fitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, though we don't know exactly when it was built or who built it per se, there are historians who believe they have the best guess as to how this building came to be. They suspect it was built around the year eleven forty five and was originally owned by the local Saint Mary's Church in the nearby village of the Wooton under Edge. Now, it was possibly constructed to house masons and other laborers who are working on building the church during this time. And as for the land that it sits on, that was also owned by the church, and it is also believed that before the inn was built on that soil, that site was possibly a pagan burial ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that would cause some shit to go down in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're building something on a burial ground, yeah, you know, some stuff's not go right. So now, as part of the church owned property, it was likely administered by the clergy or their appointees for some time. But once the church was eventually completed, the ancient ram Inn became an important resting place for travelers and clergies passing through the area, as it was situated along a very busy route in the medieval England. Okay, and thus it began, you know, being a place to rest for those weary travelers to find a night to sleep and before they continue on their way in the morning. At some point, after its original purpose for church workers was fulfilled, the ancient ram In would have been asked into private hands. Now, records of this time are very sparse, but it is believed that the local families would have taken over the property and it served various purposes, including operating as an inn as it kind of already mentioned, and it would later eventually become a private residence as well.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, one of the most well known periods in its history comes from its time as a coaching inn that accommodated horses on the property as well as providing accommodations for food and travelers and stuff during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. But during this time it was a part of the local community and was likely owned by wealthy families or innkeepers whose names have unfortunately been lost to history. But in modern times, though, the most prominent individual who ever owned the ancient ram Inn was a man by the name of John Humphries, who purchased the property in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not that's kind of far ago or long long ago. Far ago, not far ago long ago.
Speaker 3: Someone told me long Okay, Sorry, I was just dropping some CCR.
Speaker 2: Where am I going with it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's the wrong John. That's John Fogerty. Now we're talking John Humphries. Sorry, I digress, my bad.
Speaker 2: Oh man, both of us are just like.
Speaker 3: Spiral, Connecticut. Yeah yeah, so we I mean, this building is like a thousand years old, So saying that we are going back to nineteen sixty eight. That's not that long ago. No, that's a single lifetime ago basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So, now, John being this central figure in the Inn's history and keeping its history alive, he was very prominent with and associated with the end quite frequently. But among his hard work on the property, John also claimed to have experienced intense paranormal activity from the very moment he moved into its stone walls. Okay, so a lot of the stuff we talked about was just kind of like easing you into what this property is and the history that we know about it, and most of the history, like if I'm being honest, is speculative stuff. There's not a whole lot that really tells us what it actually was served for. It's just kind of best guess sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, the fact that this building is still even in existence is mind blowing to me.
Speaker 3: Oh definitely. Now, I will say this, It's not in the best condition. It's a thousand years.
Speaker 2: Old, right, well, yeah, I can imagine that, Like it blows and someone could even sleep in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah this point, so, like as much as restorations and stuff can do, it can only do so much. Yeah, this building, I mean, who knows how much longer it will last. But for how old it is, it's doing very well, that's for sure. Now John's first night after he owned this place at the Ancient Ramen in nineteen sixty eight, it has become a pivotal part in the Inn's paranormal lore, and is of course also become an infamous story all in itself. So, according to his account, his first night there immediately revealed the chilling nature of the property to him. As he turned down for the evening, something didn't quite feel right to him. John felt a strange and menacing presence that he just couldn't seem to shake, almost like someone or something was watching his every move. Someone was kind of breathing down his neck. There's just something there that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Now, as the story goes, during the night, as John slept in his bed, suddenly he felt something grab his arm, and in that moment, he was suddenly pulled from the bed where he slept, dragging him out from underneath the covers before he was thrown across the room. But when John looked up, there was no one there. He looked around in a panic, but he was alone. That same menacing presence, though still lingered as John's eyes adjusted to the dark, trying to see this invisible entity that had just attacked him, but John just couldn't see it. John sat on the floor in that room, terrified, but he was also in It was in that moment John knew this place was haunted, but despite the very terrifying experience, he just endured. John did not leave. Instead, he became more determined to stay in the house and understand what was happening.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's quite an individual, because I would be running for the damn hills myself. Yeah, so I already know the answer. I wouldn't be staying there. That's like pretty aggressive.
Speaker 3: Oh that's very aggressive.
Speaker 2: Something is pulling you out of bed. So no, thank you.
Speaker 3: So I need to clarify when you said you wouldn't stay there. Are you saying you wouldn't stay there if you're John, or are you saying you will not stay there or grow to its door? Like now it is you Nicole?
Speaker 2: All the above?
Speaker 3: Okay, would you even walk into this building? Oh? Yeah, you'd go there, you just wouldn't stay Well.
Speaker 2: Probably not. I mean, I gotta listen to more here. But the fact of just trying to sleep and being worried that someone, someone that isn't even there, is going to pull you out of bed. Is just this is something I don't need to experience.
Speaker 3: I really blame you on that. I feel you. I'm in the same boat. So yeah, I mean for John, though after this first night, he kept staying there, he kept living there, and the paranormal activity in the inn only continued for him.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: So he reported a wide range of unsettling and inexplicable phenomena throughout his years living there. For example, John and various visitors have reported seeing full bodied apparitions wandering and appearing throughout the inn. Now, if you're not sure what a full full bodied apparition is, an apparition is like a spirit of a person. So you see someone appear in front of you. But a full bodied means head to toe, legs, body, arms, head, you name it.
Speaker 2: That's what I figured.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a full bodied ghost. Now. These apparitions include a woman who is believed to be a former innkeeper and a little girl as well that goes by the name of Rosie. But one of the more infamous ghosts that is said to roam the walls of the ancient ram In is that of a witch who was reportedly burned at the stake in the area during the fifteen hundreds. Now her crime not believing or practicing in Christianity.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, that's a whole whole tale on itself, that whole yeah thing that went down with that. But she is believed to haunt a particular room in the inn, one that has sincely since been aptly named the Witch's Room. Okay, Still, more strange things have been reported, though. Objects in the inn are said to suddenly move on their own, with furniture shifting or even things flying across the room, crashing into the wall at the other end of the room and falling to the floor. Door slams shut without explanation, and disembodies. Disembodied footsteps are said to be heard throughout the inn, often in the dead of night, with no source of explanation.
Speaker 2: Okay, that kind of gave me the chills.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine sleeping there and you just hear someone walking up to your door and then it stops, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Would you go and see if anyone's out there?
Speaker 3: No, I've shipped myself. That's my answer for any scenario is either A I would not be there because I'm not going to stay there, or B I would shit myself if those are the only two options.
Speaker 2: But honestly, I could see you wanting to stay there. I'm intrigued to you.
Speaker 3: What you're I one want to stay there. I also, one hundred percent would not be able to stay there because I'd be like, let's do this. Nope, I'm out, Like they would.
Speaker 2: The tiniest a thing of something off would happen and you would just be gone.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent, Like I would be so on edge, you could like put down a bag behind me, and I'd probably shit myself and leave.
Speaker 2: You would still fall asleep, though I think.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you would. I don't fall asleep pretty easily.
Speaker 3: I do, but I don't know. In a situation like that, that's different. It's totally different.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: John has also claimed strange sounds other than just these footsteps can be heard. Some of the other sounds that he claims occur are sounds like whispering and distant screams. Yeah, these are apparently a common occurrence, and he is not the only person who actually hear these things either. Many visitors have heard them too, though they may arrive initially at the end as you know skeptics, but they generally leave the Ancient Ram as believers. Still, this place holds even more darker secrets. Yet, several people, including paranormal investigators, report feeling as though they've been possessed or are being controlled by a malevolent spirit. Visitors would described feeling dizzy, faint, or experiencing overwhelming emotions of things like rage or sadness, things that just quickly consume over them and they can't explain it. Himself said that he was frequently physically attacked by unseen forces, being scratched, pushed, or suddenly feeling ill.
Speaker 2: I mean, good for John, but he is putting himself through some shit here.
Speaker 3: He is putting himself through the Ringer, And honestly, like why it's it doesn't make sense to me, But it seems like he's got an attachment of some sort for one reason or another. Who knows, Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: And then I don't know. Maybe maybe he's always been interested in spirits and ghosts and stuff, and that's true, trying to learn more, or he could even want to help, right, that's true because you hear these stories that I don't know if they're real or whatever, but like that, the ghosts just need help, right or something, or they're stuck or well.
Speaker 3: And it could also be that he's not even necessarily trying to help the spirits, but he's trying to help the public and keep them safe from the spirits. If he's there to contain them, then he's able to protect people from getting hurt. If he's the one being pushed by what he knows is going to happen, he's experienced it, he's there, he knows, you know, what pushes their buttons or whatever, he can protect other people from it himself, basically putting himself as a sacrificial lamb.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, above all things that are said to happen and haunt the ancient Ram, though, the most frightening thing is an infamous entity that wanders these walls. This is a demon known as an incubus. This is a malevolent spirit that is known for attacking people in their sleep, just as John experienced on his very first night sleeping at the Ram. Now, experiences in theoretical history are only a few parts to this story, with claims of spirits and theories of dark history, you know, all these different things. There was only there's only really one thing missing that could actually cement this haunted building into the legend that it is today, actual evidence to support paranormal claims. And it just so happens that John may have found that exact evidence. So during his time in the inn, John not only cared for the building, but he also did some quite a few renovations, both for his living purposes and of course for restoration as well. Right, But during some of these renovations and you know, explorations of the property and such, John stumbled upon several disturbing artifacts. And the most chilling of these discoveries were that of human skeletal remains which were found beneath the floorboards and the stairs inside the inn.
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay, okay, that's not surprising at all, really considering.
Speaker 3: Right, considering, Yeah, definitely not. You're being like pulled out of bed and there's voices and screams and apparitions, and you pull up floorboards and there's a skeleton.
Speaker 2: See that's almost worse though, Like I feel like finding that in you know, somewhere you're staying or living or whatever, like, no, thanks, Oh.
Speaker 3: I agree, But how is that that worse though?
Speaker 2: Then being pulled out of bed by a demon?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're saying finding a skeleton worst and being pulled out of bed, well.
Speaker 2: Kind of like that's scary. Shit. I don't know, it's like a physical something that's.
Speaker 3: There, right, yeah, but I'm more afraid of what I can't see personally.
Speaker 2: To Shay too, Shae. But then you just I don't know, you don't know the story of how the person necessarily died and no debt, and their bodies like hidden, and so that's just maybe some bad like ju ju, bad energy going on in there, right well, we already were already very aware of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of bad energy for sure. I do want to clarify, though, I don't know to the extent of what quote skeleton remains mean. I'm not saying it's a full skeleton. I'm pretty sure it's probably like fragments and stuff like maybe a rib bone, things like that. But it's not like he pulls up the floorboard and there's just a human skeleton just playing there, full intact. But some of the bones found are actually believed to be that belonging to children really, yes, And they were found alongside items such as daggers and pottery fragments. So this discovery of the remains and daggers specifically led to speculation that these remains were evidence of ancient rituals and possibly some people believe this linked the ancient ram to pagan practices and witchcraft. In particular, it gave rise to the theory that the site was used for sacrificing children in ancient times.
Speaker 2: My brain did go there, and I was like, oh, man, should I admit that that's where my brain went, because that's like super awkward. So I'm glad that it wasn't off.
Speaker 3: No, that's definitely where a lot of people go, and that's terrible, yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it is believed that the area around the inn could have been a place where rituals were practiced, possibly pagan in nature, and they were performed here in the site, which maybe the explanation as to why the intense paranormal activities is being reported at the site now, whether it's you know, the spirits of those deceased, or these rituals opened up you know, doorways to demons or whatever. We don't know. We can only speculate, but those are some theories as to why these, of course are happening. But despite these horrifying things, though, John became attached to the ancient ram Inn. As I already mentioned, he basically saw it as his mission to preserve the building and its dark history. Along with it. He opened the house to paranormal investigators, to journalists, and of course thrill seekers as well, all of whom reported strange phenomenon during their stays, some people, of course running out in the middle of the night and never coming back.
Speaker 2: Oh, just like leaving their shit and they're gone.
Speaker 3: Ay now, John seemed to have become somewhat desensitized to the paranormal activity over time, and it almost seemed as though he had grown fond of the spirits and entities in this home. Still, though, John always maintained that the building was unsafe for the faint of heart, and that there is is particularly why I think he kind of almost made himself that sacrificial lamb. I'm used to it. They can do this to me, and I'll protect other people from enduring that.
Speaker 2: You almost wonder if the ghosts or whatever we're calling them, like you know could grow fond of John and over time like not spook him as much. I have no idea, Yeah, how this shit works, I.
Speaker 3: Would definitely say so. I don't have this written in the script that I'm reading here, and we are almost at the end, but I have watched some documentaries on this and John walking through and explaining some of the places. And there's one one room in particular, and I think it's the one with the incubus, the demon where he always knocks before he enters. He's like, if you don't like, you'll piss him off. He's like, you knock first.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, So every.
Speaker 3: Time he goes up these stairs and he gets to this room, he fucking knocks.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 3: So things like that, like the entities or spirits.
Speaker 2: He's getting to know them.
Speaker 3: He is and they are. I mean, honestly, it's just like living with bad roommates at that point. You you live with each other, you learn each other's you know what pisses each other off, and you try not to step in each other's toes, and you go on with your day. John knows that if you fucking go in this room without your present, like without announcing your presence, you're gonna have a bad time.
Speaker 2: And so that room. Can you stay in that room?
Speaker 3: I can't recall if he allows people to stay in that room or not.
Speaker 2: I feel like that should be a hard No.
Speaker 3: I can't recall, honestly, the documentary that I'm talking about. I did not watch it in my research here. I've watched that one like probably six months ago. I am well versed in the Ancient Ramit. I watch stuff on it quite frequently.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to watch stuff because it's I want to see a photo too. It's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh it's it's this gorgeous little place. It's beautiful. It's dilap but it's so beautiful, and it's like, like I said, straight out of a medieval eras so cool.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: John continued to live in and look after the Ancient Ram until he passed away in twenty seventeen, and he passed away surrounded by the ghosts and the dark energy that he believed were bound to the inn. Even when many suggested that he leave or sell the property, John just absolutely refused. When he was alive, he believed that it was his responsibility to keep the spirits contained in the walls. John's personal experiences and stories have been featured in numerous paranormal documentaries, books, TV shows, you name it all over the years, and the building has become an iconic place, you know what, not even iconic, a legendary place at this point, let's be honest, a legendary place for ghost hunters around the world. And now, since John's passing, he has actually since passed the Ancient ram In to his daughter, Caroline Humphries, who now continues to manage the inn, sharing her father's story and legacy with the world, or at least those who are brave enough to actually step through the door of the Ancient ram But Caroline herself, she refuses to stay a night at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that says a lot right there, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It does, and that is the story of the Ancient ram In. Huh So tell me would you stay a night at that place? I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: No, No, because why because why? Like I don't know really why? Right?
Speaker 3: No, Nope, don't need that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just feel only right if I'm on holidays and want you know, it's it's not to just get to get like just pulled out of bed and ship like it's to relax.
Speaker 3: Like, shut up, I want to get a good night's sleeping.
Speaker 2: Like, I will probably be pissed, will you know, I'm so delusional in the middle of the night. I probably wouldn't even know what was going on.
Speaker 3: You would probably get mad at me. This is probably what would happen. You'd roll over and get mad at me. Meanwhile, there's a ghost yankin on your leg trying to haul you out of bed, and you're like, ben, fuck off. I'm like what I could see this happening too.
Speaker 2: So you can stay there, but you can also just go into or for like a tour or something I'm imagined.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure everything that you do in this building you have to book ahead of time. Oh yeah, but yeah, you can just kind of go for visit.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 3: It's open to paranormal investigators. Like you can go and like book this place of the evening and you can bring in cameras. You can film a fucking TV show there, documentary or whatever. Of course, you just need to make sure that you contact Caroline and book it accordingly.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna show me a photo of this place? I can I want to see what it looks like and you said this was in England, right, Yes, huh. And that's so hard to because I feel like John was just so attached to this place, right he was. It's that's hard for his daughter, like she almost has to keep it right, and then it just seems like it's something that has to stay in the family very much.
Speaker 3: So I mean potentially you can just.
Speaker 2: So like attached to it so adamant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to take care of the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I don't know why. That's not exactly what I was expecting. But it is pretty, isn't it. Yeah, it's really cute.
Speaker 3: The stone work, the whitewashed outside, those those dark wooden beams supporting it and crossing across the front and everything.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that they've kept this this, you know, alive, is.
Speaker 3: That the right work standing?
Speaker 1: How is that?
Speaker 2: Is like incredible, isn't it. That's very cool.
Speaker 3: That's got to be a testament to the people who actually built.
Speaker 2: It, Like, oh yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: This is not some grand architecture. This is just like this looks like a pub down the road sort of thing, and yet it stood for like a thousand years.
Speaker 2: That would be cool to turn it into a pub.
Speaker 3: There are some some creepy haunted pubs like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if people would, you know, actually want to go in if the pub would end up doing well or not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think people would go in there and just like expect like haunted things to happen. But even if they did, they'd just be like, oh, that dumb drunk back there, just knock the painting off.
Speaker 2: The wall, like, you know, yeah, huh. Interesting. I imagine too that there's some people that go in there though, and don't experience anything.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would imagine so for sure.
Speaker 2: But it isn't like it's a guarantee.
Speaker 3: No, no, definitely not, but it is most it is one of the most haunted places in the UK, and as such there is like a lot of people have a lot of experiences in there. I'm not saying everyone has an experience, but a lot of people do.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. I don't know. I'm just sort of I'm one of those people that kind of think that you have to be open to those kind of experiences as well to experience them. Do you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I I do, but I disagree at a certain point.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I just feel I feel as you can close your you can kind of close your mind off from it in a way. And then I don't know.
Speaker 3: For me personally, I think that's almost I'm gonna how I'm gonna say this is gonna sound rude, but I almost think it's ignorance at that point. It's like, Okay, you know what, I felt, a cold draft, and you're just like turning your mind off to it and say, Okay, that cold draft wasn't paranormal. It was just a fucking cold draft came in through a window or something something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at.
Speaker 3: A certain point you can't be ignorant to something that can't be explained.
Speaker 2: I guess I just feel some people are more susceptible to it than others, like say, kids or whatever, animals and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, for sure, because maybe you can see things other people can't, or you can feel things or have you're an EmPATH and have emotions that other people can, you can connect to things. So one hunter percent. But I do think if a fucking painting goes flying across the room, I think everyone can see it. Yes, yes, And if you are ignorant to those situations, And again, I don't mean ignorant in a bad way. I just been like, you're not looking for it, and you're explaining things away. But if you are ignorant to that situation and that fucking happens, you can only be so ignorant.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you can only explain so many things exactly. So, I mean that's kind of the way it is though people. You know, weird things happen and or weird feelings, and you just make excuses for them, right, I mean, I think you're you're protecting yourself too in a way. But yeah, you can only only explain certain things. So and you being pulled out of bed is I don't think is anything i'd a want to experience or be be able to explain.
Speaker 3: No kidding, Like, how how could you explain that to yourself? Be thrown across the room?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you would ever have a good sleep again. Really, Yeah, that's kind of of uh traumatizing, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No kidding, there's like PTSD after that.
Speaker 2: So the fact that that happened to John and he just you know, stayed in there, I'm curious how many times it did happen. And he seems like he's kind of like a little bit of a badass that.
Speaker 3: He's just like, you know what I'm wondering. I'm wondering if it's almost like some strange form of like Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 2: That he had, you know, Oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Like he was almost like a captor of this place, and he just almost became reliant on these experiences in this place. And you know, if he left it and he didn't hear footsteps in the night, maybe he wouldn't have been able to sleep good because it just didn't feel right, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: Maybe he needed the place.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's like, that's kind of sad. I don't I don't think that's sad, but sad, but also kind of.
Speaker 3: We all need something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah. Yeah, Well, I mean hopefully he enjoyed his time there. I'm sure he had met many good times.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he did. And I do know he knew it was dark, let's just say that. But I do know he also loved that fucking place. But he did a lot of good work to that place. He built a lot around it. Story. So I just want to give a little cheers to John for everything he did to the ancient ram So cheers to him. May he rest in peace, and may the Ancient ram stand for another thousand years.
Speaker 2: No kidding. Yeah, yeah, and maybe we get those building plans because I don't feel like shit lasts as long as it does it did back in the day.
Speaker 3: No, not even close, they close.
Speaker 2: Just everything everything.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's day two of Halloween Week. You like that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was good. Yeah, that was really good.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm glad you liked it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I do like ghost stories and stuff. I used to read a lot of a lot of them when I was a kid, don't really so much now, but I find them fascinating. Oh.
Speaker 3: I love going down dark YouTube rabbit holes and hearing like ghost stories. And like I said, I watched a lot of stuff on the Ancient Ramen before on documentaries, and yeah it's oh I love these stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like alien UFO stuff. I'm not super into, but I am into you know, ghosts and hauntings and stuff.
Speaker 3: So fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got a lot of cool stuff coming up for the remainder of the week, So we will see you guys tomorrow with another awesome episode, and until
Speaker 2: Then, stay wicked.