Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email Dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio. Sign up today and thank you for the support.
Speaker 2: Yazu reveals three brand new VHF UHF radios. Two of them are monoband with more power than you might think, and one of them is a really cool looking duel band. Let's take a look at him right now. So this was sent to me by Vince V six LK yesterday. He's like, hey, if you want to make a video about this, these were just announced. He goes, I'm not going to make a video, so feel free. So thank you, Vince. I appreciate appreciate that that heads up there, and I will put a link to Vince's chain. He does a lot of build videos, CW type videos, code of stuff on his channel. I'll put a link to it in the description. Blow And also I wanted to say really quick that after googling these three model numbers, the top of the list of the Google list for me was the gigabarts website. On gigaparts, you can save a ten percent discount on everything Mezzi and Plony with the coupon code of HR two cables. I will put that link in the description blow as well. This video is sponsored today by Mezzi and Ploni Coacs. Use Megzi and Plony when you're if you if you pick up one of these radios for mobile install or for a man pack or whatever, use Megzi and Plony when you're feeding it to your atenna wherever you might install it. It's great Coacs, all right. So here's Vince's Twitter page. He shared a link with me to his Twitter page. A trio of v UHF mobile radio announcements from Yazu just dropped. You heard it here first, folks. There's an FT three one six five r ASP, three one eighty five r SP and a one fifty r ASP r ASP. I'm not sure what that is, but I wanted to, you know what, and I'm like, this is great, this is cool and all that. He's showing me this, but he doesn't link to anywhere about these radios, and I'm like, Okay, where's he getting this? This one kind of looks the face on this one. The dual band kind of looks like a cross between the new QRP radio that they announced the Tokyo hmfare. The screen kind of looks like this kind of a new design of the screen. These other mono bands. This is an eighty five two meter and a sixty five WAT for forty and those screens look similar to what we've seen before. But I wanted to I mean, he didn't put any links to Yazu. I wanted to make sure this is legit. Not that I don't trust Vince, but I'd like to know just kind of look around. So I googled all three of those model numbers and they all came up on the gigabarts website right there. So let's look through these real quick again. Two of them are mono band, which are higher power, and one of them is a dual band. I think I might be interested in the dual band myself, but I might also be interested in the monoband two meter because that would make a great radio for an RV to mount in your RV and leave it there, and when you go to RV parks you want to talk on six pout five two or some of the local repeaters, you got an extra few watts to pump punch out.
Speaker 1: So the three one.
Speaker 2: Sixty five are ASP with new evolving super DX and audio digital signal processor. Let's see this is a compact Yeah, sixty five WYT eighty five. What now, I'm made a mistake. I thought that one was UAHEF. They're both VHF.
Speaker 1: Why would they do that? That's odd?
Speaker 2: So this went This three one sixty five r SP is a sixty five WYTT one forty four megahertz f FM mobile transceiver. Doesn't look like it's doing Yazu system fusion. It's a compact two meter mobile transceiver with a solid basic features, configuration and mechanical toughness. Kind of this kind of looks like a some of the commercial radios they make. The power output is sixty five watts selectable three power setting sixty five thirty and five. It's efficient cooling system with the FACC funnel air convention conductor, wind tonal insurance, stable and reliable power front firing speaker of five watts. The super DX function increases the receiver sensitivity and improves weak signal reception. Okay, the new ASP audio Digital Signal processing unit is also activated when the super DX key is pressed. The super DX with the ASP insures comfortable audio audio quality of week signals and expanded expands the communication range. I would be much more impressed with these week signal radios if they were more than just FM only. I mean, pulling a week signal out of FM is great. I've noticed over the last few months myself here in the North Texas area and while driving, there's been a lot more FM simplex activity here lately than there has, you know, in recent past. Maybe on six top five two and maybe not on six top five two. There's another frequency here in town that that gets used quite frequently, but it is if it is two meter fmsimplex. But I would be more impressed with these radios having a received sensitivity, sensitivity and audio digital signal processing if they were all mode, single sideband FT eight CW capable, I'd be more impressed with that there. But okay, that's fine, Okay. Yeah, the date is number number thirteenth right there. You can see that, and then this one right here and I kind of like this kind of looks like they're twenty eight, twenty nine, eight twenty five, eighty twenty nine, eighty twenty seven eighty. I think they had two or three models there. The higher power this is an eighty five watt delivers dependable, high performing eighty five wats a transmit power. The massive heat sinc with no something fan insures my screen's covering it up. Reliable solid eighty five watts of RF power, four selectable settings eighty five, fifty, twenty and five watts. Super DX function increases the receiver sensitivity, improves weak signal reception. The new ASP unit is also activated when the super DX key is pressed.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: SUPERDX with the ASP insures reliable audio quality for weak signals and expands the range of communication. Cool.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, in all things, A lot of times people will email me and they'll say, so, what is the longest range radio I can get? And they want to know about Ht's a lot handheld radios. A lot of times, what's the longest range handheld I can get? And I'm like, you know, range is two things. Range depends on your power. So a ten watt handheld is going to get out farther than a five watt handheld and a mobile base station radio with eighty five watts and an external antenna is going to get out further than a mobile or base station radio with fifty watts. Okay, so that's important, but your receiver is also important. If you're wanting to talk about two way communications, your receiver is also important. So you need to be able to hear when someone comes back to you. So it's important that you can reach out and talk to people, but if you can't hear them coming back to you, then you can't communicate. So receiver say insitivity, and Yazu has some of the best receivers on the market today in the HF world especially, so I'm excited to see how sensitive this receiver actually is. We might want to do some testing from the base station antenna here once I get one of these in my hand. This one also has the PNG primary memory group. Now I use the primary memory group on my FtM six thousand all the time. That is in my tech Prepper Man pack. I take it with me. It's got fifty watts of power duel band vhf UHF. It kind of looks the screen kind of looks like this also, it's kind of that blocky old style look with the monochrome cool. So I perhaps we will trade this up for the FtM six thousand for this new one, although this is just a two meter only so probably not. I like having the VHFUHF and one radio. So the program Memory Group basically says you could save up to five VFO or memory channels in a short little group, and you can change those easily. You go to the channel you want to save VFO memory channel, you long press the PMG button. It puts it into this list of PMG program Memory Groups, and then you can scan that or you can just listen to one or two. You can quickly switch back and forth between five channel up to five channels that you want to listen to. Makes it very convenient in the field, especially when traveling and you're going to different repeaters to different frequencies. It also has the c FL Customized Function List. Up to nine frequently used functions from the forty four menus can be registered and easily recalled.
Speaker 1: That's cool, so.
Speaker 2: You can put in something like power CTCSS, switch back and forth between VFO and memory, switch back and forth between VHF UHF customized function list. There some other convenient features of the three one eight RSP are large capacity of two hundred and twenty one memory channels available two eur on twenty one memory channels is really good for a monoband radio VHF only radio alphanumeric six character labels. That's kind of old school keypad entry, DTMF microphone. Versatile scan features such as preferential memory scan VFO scan, Priority channel scan, and duel watch CTCs says decode, incode, separate, transmit, offset frequencies, RF squelch, enhanced paging and code squelch. Okay, ten Noah Weather radio broadcast channels and a weather alert for the USA version only, So this could be your weather radio. You could monitor Noah Weather, you could monitor weather alerts, and you could listen to your local ares Skywarner Races repeater with that cool. Okay, this is the one I'm second most interested in, so if we go here, this is the last one, and I really like this one. I think this is a great look in radio adjust the screen there a little bit fifty five and fifty watts, so that's already more than most of your dual bands. Are fifty five wats on two meters fifty watts on for forty FM dual band mobile transceiver with the new evolving super DX and audio digital signal processor. Please to announce that the new FM dual band transceiver, the FtM one fifty r ASP provides true dual band operation with two different receivers on different bands or within the same band, so to do VVU, U VU or UV full dot matrix display is graphically visible and provides a clear and crisp view of the radio operating status. Front panels detachable good by attaching the optional swinghead model number there, flexible angle adjustment is possible to accommodate easy mobile operation. So that tells me that you satellite guys are gonna like this radio because it is true dual receive, true dual band, and it doesn't use the word full duplexing, but if it's dual receive, it should be full duplexing, true dual band operation with two different receivers on different bands or within the same band. So I'm pretty sure that means full duplexing. I could be wrong on that. I mean kind of sometimes they word this kind of weird, but this right here sounds like it might be a great for satellite radio. So we got power output of fifty five watts on VHF and fifty watts on UHF.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: Four selections fifty five and fifty twenty five watts on mid and I'm sorry, three selections fifty five to fifty on high, twenty five on mid, and five watts on low. Heavy duty heat sinc With a funnel air convection conductor insures stable and reliable transmit power. The reason they keep saying that is because if your transmitter gets too hot, it's a lot too hot. If it doesn't have a good cooling fan, a good fan, a good heat sink, or something like that, the power can come down. If you just kind of dead key and hold down the microphone and the transceiver of the radio starts to get hot, you'll see your power drop. Front speaker is furnished inside the control head. That's cool, kind of like my FtM five hundred. Combination of the main body and the speaker provides six watts of high quality audio three whitte front speaker and three watt in the main speaker. Volume level of the main body speaker is adjustable relative to the front panel for the user's preference. Super DX once again primary memory group once again. In manual mode, transmitter receives stays on the manually selected channel. The signal received on the other channel is shown on the screen. The audio can be heard cool, so that to me it sounds like it is actually full duplex. So that's gonna be I like the look of that radio, I really do. I like the look of that radio. I like that new kind of that newer style head. It's got the larger display. Some people were upset about the smaller display of the FtM five hundred. This might be for you. It's not color. It looks like it's monochrome's black text on a like an amber screen. Nothing on this statement here saying whether you can adjust the backlight color. Sometimes you can on these radios, sometimes you can't. But I think the important features that are here, like dual receive, true dual receive with two receivers. I think that's going to be much more important than a color display to most people, or at least to me. What do you think about this? I already saw all of these on the gigaparts website. Here is the sixty five watt version. I don't understand why they're doing one two meter sixty five watt and one two meter eighty five wid because when I first looked at this, I thought this was a UAHF only radio, because they used to have a UHF only FM and System Fusion monoban radio, and then they have then they had a two meter version of the same thing. So they had a two monoban and a four to forty mono ban for FM, FM and system Fusion, and they discontinued those a while back, but then this one right here, So two seventy four for that, three nineteen for that, and then the duel band is going to be about four nineteen. But this is on the gigabarts website, available for the end of November twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Right there.
Speaker 2: Move that over so you can see it. And which is what this announcement from vent that Vin's put on Twitter also says. So there you go, three brand new radios from Yazoo. Which one might you be interested in? And why are you excited about these? I've said, I've said for the last four years. Ever since Covid, Yazoo keeps releasing radios. Man, they keep releasing radios. They released five radios twenty twenty to twenty twenty two during COVID, during the decline of COVID after the Japanese factory chip fire and all this, they've released five new radios during that time. They've released two or three or four new radios in the last year. Got some cool stuff coming from Yazoo. So very impressed with that.
Speaker 1: P a comment below.
Speaker 2: Let me know what you think about these three radios and if you plan to pick one up, which one will it be. Check out these videos next, because YouTube thinks you want to watch those for some reason.
Speaker 1: Seventy three