Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: You remember bad Dad Bob, the spokesperson for Saddam Hussein. He had a press conference on the roof telling the cameras that Iraq has successfully defended itself and no tanks are allowed in. The camera pans over to the street and there are hundreds of American tanks rolling down the street.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody, Handle and the morning crew.
Speaker 2: It is a Wednesday, Honday, June twenty five, and as Amy said, this morning six months till Christmas.
Speaker 3: And so there you go, by the way, where is Amy on the zoom? And where is Will?
Speaker 4: And is taking care of AND's taking care of me?
Speaker 5: And Will is going to be incognito today.
Speaker 3: Which means what that he's.
Speaker 4: You're not going to see him.
Speaker 3: That's a technical issue.
Speaker 6: He's probably wearing a shirt that you're going to make fun of me. Don't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna doesn't matter what he wears. I make fun of him, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Leave him alone.
Speaker 3: You know what was it? Neil?
Speaker 2: Neil and I were talking about which a story I'm going to do tomorrow B two bombers, the B two, the B two plane, right, the bomber and the pilots, and I'll do this tomorrow. It's a thirty forty hour flight. Two guys that are flying with this little crap be pun intended, little chemical toilet, this little tiny thing that they use, and a cot behind the seats, and the doctors prescribe amphetamine amphetamines to these guys. It's crazy how they fly and they take little cat naps and it's boy, you don't want to be a B two bomber. And then Neil said, were you jealous about the amphetamines, Like, no, I'm not jealous. I've never done amphetamines. Now if it were cocaine, that would be different. Yeah, but that could be jealous.
Speaker 5: You would just like you you take your amphetamines or you do your cocaine or whatever, and then you just have to sit there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would start there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have well someone has to be awake the whole time, and you put it on autopilot, so there really is nothing to be there. The last part of it is twenty minutes where you where the plane is going in and then you have the eighteen hour trip back to Missouri where the planes are based.
Speaker 3: I think in Nellys. No, I forgot the name of the base, but in any.
Speaker 2: Case, Yeah. Then Neil said, are you jealous? And I said no, And he said if phetamines, you know, would that make you? Is it possible that would make you even crazier and more absurd? I go, I'm always absurd and crazy. I'm absurd and crazy under anesthesia, So it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Okay, if it made you loud and obnoxious, yeah, either way, Joe, playing on the fact that you are always loud obnoxious.
Speaker 3: That's true. Oh, talking about being loud and obnoxious real quickly. Well, first of all, let me say.
Speaker 2: Hello Amy, good morning, Hi cono Neil, and will are you there? Since I can't see you, I am here. Good morning Bill, Okay, good morning. Now loud and obnoxious. That segues right into ask handle anything on Friday, of which you out there in radio land, the listeners, you're part of this, you're all of it, actually, and you record questions and it doesn't matter what the question, and I answer them personal questions and they're all used a lot of fun. So during the course of the show, if you're interested in asking a hand, ask handle anything.
Speaker 3: During the course of the show.
Speaker 2: You go to the iHeartRadio app, click on the Bill Handle show and then click on the microphone in the upright hand corner, and then just record the question. And if they're good, we play them. If they're bad, we play them. If you can't be understood, we play them. If you're in a facility in a straight jacket and somehow we're able to still call, we play them. If you are a quadruple amputee and simply a torso with a head, play them. Okay, are you guys ready for a handle on the news?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 4: Santa?
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Amy, Neil and Me lead story. All kinds of controversy about the strike against the Iran nuclear facilities. The President said, complete obliteration. And now we have the report, initial report assessment coming out from the Pentagon saying nah, Now, if the Iran program has in fact been delayed, it's just a matter of months. So we're going back and forth as to which one. Also, it was leaked and the President is saying the assessment is wrong. I don't believe it, and so it's.
Speaker 3: We probably will never know.
Speaker 6: The Pentagon.
Speaker 3: Pardon it was leaked out of the Pentagon.
Speaker 6: And we've got big problems.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that you have an administration that doesn't believe the intelligence, doesn't trust American intelligence. Remember when he said, I believe Putin and not our own intelligence forces. So if someone disagrees, it's fake news. So we'll see, we'll see. I don't think they're going to continue on and really build. Maybe they will, but Israel, many is mainly Israel. Israel said you are not going to have a bomb. It just won't happen. Presidents said the same thing. And I do believe he will be part of the Israeli attack if they come close to a bomb.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Now, does Israel come, does iron come to the table? That we don't know?
Speaker 5: Well, Iran's parliament just pass something to fast track, like a resolution that said no, we're not going to cooperate with the IAEA anymore, which is that nuclear watchdog group.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're a dead set in terms of building their bomb, which I don't understand why that's more important than the country moving forward economically and socially.
Speaker 3: The economy of Iran is devastated.
Speaker 2: The sanctions are killing Iran the value of the Iranian currency is five percent of what it was a few years ago, even a couple of years ago. It's in a free fall the economy.
Speaker 3: But it's more important.
Speaker 6: They can't move forward until they have the bomb and can be yes.
Speaker 2: But what do they do? What do they do when they have the bomb, and even then, what do they do? It's real simple. Israel says, you use the bomb you got, Tehran disappears. Matter of fact, all of Iran disappears. However, one bomb in Tel Aviv and that destroys Israel.
Speaker 3: So it's a god awful mess. Okay, continuing on, this.
Speaker 4: Guy, as Bill would say, is completely dead.
Speaker 5: A guy from Washington State who's facing terrorism charges related to the bombing of that for utility clinic in Palm Springs. He died in a federal detention facility at the Metropolitan Detention Center in la. It happened on Tuesday morning. Apparently they tried to do life saving measures, didn't work, but they have not released the cause of death at this point.
Speaker 4: The guy's name was Daniel Park.
Speaker 5: He was in federal custody since his arrest at JFK in New York this month. Remember, he was charged with providing and attempting to provide material support to a terrorist in the form of hundreds of pounds of ammonium nitrates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to I think, where do you go?
Speaker 2: He went to Europe and was picked up and extradited back to the United States. You have to thank him, by the way, this is a good guy in that he killed himself probably and he saved the federal government and a taxpayer a crapload of money in terms of trying him. So you gotta you gotta thank him at least for that, don't you.
Speaker 6: We should make that an option in all big cases.
Speaker 3: We should. Right, here's a belt.
Speaker 6: You want, you want some string? The battle of the hairdoes Newsom versus Trump? Trump administration must turn over a cash of documents, internal reports, photos, any evidence detailing the activities of the military in southern California. This comes from a federal judge ruling yesterday. Uh, this is a procedural victory, I guess to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, it is after you know, rulings that have a string of rulings from the US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals that have been coming down and gone the way.
Speaker 2: This is the same judge that put an injunction on the administration saying you cannot use federal troops to enforce immigration policy in southern California. The administration appeal that the appeals court said, yes, you can overturned it, and now the judge is saying, you've got to turn over all the documents, photos, internal reports detailing the activities of the military. And of course you know, the appeals are hitting big time. By the way you talk about the battle of the hairdos, you and I will never have a battle of the hairdos.
Speaker 6: You know that which horseshoe is better?
Speaker 5: You can't have a battle of the hairdoos.
Speaker 3: That's the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is exactly the point. Although I think Neil would win because I leave just a little tiny amount of hair, and Neil I would win on more hair.
Speaker 4: Do you like have a Charlie Brown wisp or something I do?
Speaker 3: Actually I do.
Speaker 6: Partss are Homer Simpson.
Speaker 4: No evictions for immigrants.
Speaker 5: Community groups are saying too many families are living in fear because of the immigration raids across southern California, So they're calling on the city council to pass emergency protections for people impacted.
Speaker 4: Including an eviction moratorium.
Speaker 5: The unions that are calling for this say that renters make up more than sixty percent of residents in LA and a lot of them are facing fear of deportation. Families might not be able to cover rent if a family members taken into ice custody, or they might be able to pay rent because family members are staying home and not going to work because they're afraid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan Ugilson, who used to be at KFI, by the way, he used to be controller here a million years ago when Cox owned it, and he runs the Apartment Owner Association of Greater LA or he does the pr for them. He says, here's the problem. You've got most of the people, over eighty percent of those apartments are owned by mom and poppers who rely on that rent to pay their bills. I mean, this is a double edged sword. Someone has to lose on this one, and it's one or the other.
Speaker 6: Orange County's top prosecutor that Bill knows quite well. Just Attorney Todd Spitzer said he's dissolving the California injunctions, or the Orange County injunctions rather gang injunctions. If you remember, they go back to like two thousand and six or something, and this means that there's thirteen gangs or so that aren't allowed to be when they're in certain areas. They can't wear their colors, they can't wear gang clothing, things like that. And he says that it served its purpose and he's seeking the does ilus solution of any solution? Yeah, yeah, at this point and moving on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the meantime, there was a twenty twenty two Assembly bill that seriously reduced the definition of who was a gang member and the association. And now Todd has come back and said, oh, okay, oh, by the way, I'm going to go to I'm going to have dinner at a very conservative Republican organization. My goddaughter is very involved, and she and my invited me to dinner at this gala gala which is hugely conservative. And I once spoke in front of them. I actually got booed. I actually got booed in the room.
Speaker 6: It's not normal.
Speaker 2: No, it was a lot of fun. In the meantime, guess who I'm sitting next to, Todd Spitzer.
Speaker 6: Well, that should be fun.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: It is always fun. Todd and I always get into it. Okay, one more before we take our bail our bail before we take our news, say I'm thinking of bail all right?
Speaker 5: Moving on, The former governor of the State of New York, Andrew Cuomo, will not be the next mayor of the City of New York.
Speaker 4: Zorn Mom Donnie.
Speaker 5: Is a thirty three year old state assemblyman and Democratic Socialist. He won the Democratic the primary election yesterday, so he's going to be in the running. He didn't get fifty percent of the vote, so there's going to be another election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's up against him?
Speaker 3: Eric Adam, Yeah, who's the cow? Yeah? Is an independent? Yeah, who's in a vote for him?
Speaker 4: But Chris Flywa Slee Wah is the Republican And.
Speaker 2: There's a piece of work too. This thirty three year old is an out and out socialist and he's the first Muslim that would be the mayor of the New York City And the Democratic nomination usually wins it because it's a very democratic city.
Speaker 6: Isn't he a defund the NYPD guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, this guy is so left wing it's scary.
Speaker 5: He wants rent freezes, he wants to make city buses free, he wants to raise taxes on the wealthy. He wants city owned grocery stores.
Speaker 2: And he wants free pizzas every Friday, like I offered when I ran for fourth grade president.
Speaker 4: I could get on board with that.
Speaker 3: See there you go. That's how you win in elementary school.
Speaker 6: All right, state run grocery stores.
Speaker 2: Just it's all crazy, and he may win. And by the way, I think he's going to win. This is gonna be great, great fun.
Speaker 6: All right. Trump is grounding everybody. He says that just yesterday told Senate Republicans to lock themselves in a room if necessary, to work out their differences and pass the megabill that will fund his second term agenda. He said, get the deal done this week. No one goes on vacation until it's done.
Speaker 2: Has no jurisdiction to say that, but Mike Johnson is will do anything, he said. Trump also said that for anybody who does not stay there and vote for the bill is going to, under a directive from the President, take the cinnamon challenge, and Mike Johnson has immediately ordered all the cinnamon in Washington, DC.
Speaker 6: You gotta try new techniques. I guess you certainly do.
Speaker 5: Got some familiar names here. President Trump has announced appointments to an advisory council inside the Department of Homeland Security. The list includes Mark Levin, who's a Fox.
Speaker 3: Guy, very very conservative, yep.
Speaker 5: Very conservative, former attorney, former mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani of course. Uh, Corey Lewandowski, who was I believe he was. He was the first press guy for like Trump's first guys, right, who is a campaign leader in twenty sixteen. He kind of got fired, didn't he. Other members of the council include South Carolina Governor Henrymaster is going to be the chair, other government officials, attorney, security experts, and founders of Bikers for Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, thank goodness that Charles Manson is dead.
Speaker 3: It's this is kind of insane.
Speaker 2: None of these have any expert expertise in security, homeland security, but it's all political. Now once again, if you are on his side, you actually you can't even commit a crime, even overrunning the Capitol.
Speaker 3: You're a patriot. And if you're not, you are a trader and.
Speaker 2: The investigation starts. I mean, it's pretty crazy, it really is.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is kind of nuts, guies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, speaking of zero expertise, let's go to RFK Junior. Shall we professional medical societies, pharmacists, state health officials, and even vaccine manufacturers have put together or stepped in together along with a new advocacy group that are mobilizing. They're really kind of behind the scenes looking around and going, we got to preserve access for vaccines and health because the Health Secretary, Robert F. Kennedy Junior, is working to kind of upend the nation's decades and decades and decades old vaccine systems. So they are trying to put together actual scientists to help preserve the ability to obtain and have a process of getting vaccines.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, in the meantime, you've got the seventeen member.
Speaker 2: Committee that was advised the government and insurance companies followed their advice in terms of vaccines, they've all been fired and replaced with some vaccine deniers, anti vax folks. And Robert Kennedy has said before that there was no double blind study for vaccines and every single one of them.
Speaker 3: Has not been tested correctly and therefore may not have.
Speaker 2: Efficacy, including polio by the way, because it was never double there was never a double blind study. Would you say at this point though that, thank you, it has not had a double blind study, he says, a double blind study peer reviewed. That's true, even though polio has been vaccine has been around since what nineteen fifty three, nineteen fifty four. And oh, by the way, Bill Cassidy, who was the deciding vote to put RFK into that position, I'm sure is kicking himself in the ass on this one.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on again, this is all insanity.
Speaker 2: I mean, just RFK has no expertise in terms of running the department none. He's an anti vaxxer, clearly, and he's a supporter of President Trump, which seems to be the only way. As I've mentioned, you know, my favorite story is about Abraham Lincoln, who for many reasons considered the greatest president we ever had.
Speaker 3: He put on his cabinet people who hated.
Speaker 2: Him, who opposed him, who went public saying he was a gorilla. Edwin Stanton, specifically Secretary of War, who came to idolize him.
Speaker 3: It's just a different it's a different world.
Speaker 2: I mean, granted, you know this goes a while ago, back to the Civil War, but there have been plenty of presidents who have put cabinet members on who actually were against them as president or were against their policies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think that's gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, this morning I'm doing this is insane. This is insane stories. But you know, it's kind of hard to argue.
Speaker 4: Sing it with me. That's what a lawsuit's all about. Okay.
Speaker 5: In and Out is suing a YouTuber because he did a prank at several of its restaurants last week. In and Out filed a lawsuit against Brian Arnett, who posed as a In and Out employee at several of its restaurants around southern California, took orders from customers, and then also made some kind of nasty comments while wearing In and Out branded clothing, like he said that In and Out had cockroaches and condoms in its food, and also said that In and Out associates put their feet in lettuce that served customers. The lawsuit also accuses the YouTuber of asking customers if they want their food made doggie style, a little bit of a play on the restaurant famous animal style menu option, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, these are really good, only serving gay people, and asking a customer if the customer would like to sleep with his wife and allow him to watch.
Speaker 3: This is pretty good stuff, isn't it? Wow?
Speaker 2: And they're upset in and out is upset? Come on, guys, can't you take a joke?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right. Santa Anna Unified School District has suspended all summer field trips third consecutive week. This all has to deal with the ongoing federal immigration raids in the area. And they made it very clearly said, hey, please note, no schools or school programs or district affiliated activities have been targeted by federal agents. There's just and they don't expect them to be. There's just a lot going on distractions, and obviously concern there in the district.
Speaker 2: Is the school district's actually fearful of ice agents getting on a school bus and handcuffing the kids.
Speaker 6: No, they seem to make that very clear, that's not their concern. They just think it's in the best interest of their students to keep summer activities on campus just for now.
Speaker 4: We're a bunch of busy bees in California.
Speaker 5: Last year, California's seventeen million workers created productivity growth of three point nine percent That puts us at the sixth best most productive workers in the country, nearly double the median growth, which is at two percent for all of the states. The workplace efficiencies tied two thousand and eight for its third biggest productivity yearly jump in the seventeen year history of the statistics. So who's better than the than California? Indiana ranked number one, Rhode Island was second, Washington State in third, New Hampshire fourth, and Maine in fifth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's another way to define this great productivity? It's asking employers employees to do more with fewer employees. You are now we're letting go of someone and you are going to do more work for the same.
Speaker 3: Money, And that increases productivity, doesn't.
Speaker 5: It makes the numbers look better, doesn't It.
Speaker 3: Sure does, doesn't it?
Speaker 6: All Right, Diddy is not going to take the stand in his own defense, So it looks like maybe closing arguments are set for Thursday. A lot of people from male escorts, law enforcement agents, hotel stuff, staphors, former assistants and girlfriends and all kinds of witnesses, but he's not taking the stand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for them, this is a very interesting defense.
Speaker 2: No witnesses thirty minutes and I think they're going to do and I think the consensus is they're going to argue during closing arguments is going to be their entire defense, and the main argument is this was all consensual and to prove it after these alleged rapes and freak outs or whatever we call them, there were the techs I still love you and continued on with relationships for two years after the alleged rape and there. So the defense is thinking there's enough doubt there without calling any witnesses, just attacking and the premise is this was all consensual and we'll see there are some defense attorneys says, yeah, there may be some reasonable doubt there, and what do you do with that hung jury acquittal because the jury thinks it was consensual, although that kicking of his girlfriend in the hotel room and that lobby that is proplesing to give you.
Speaker 6: Enough to say that it was based on duress and fear.
Speaker 3: Or it was racketeering. Remember there.
Speaker 2: Uh they're going after Combs for racketeering and conspiracy Uh to transfer uh these women across state lines for the purposes of sex. You know, we're going to see it's at first I thought this was just a dead bang winner for the prosecution. Now I don't know all right, KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app