Speaker 1: Seven oh six.
Speaker 2: For fifty five k r C the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Bryan Thomas fishing everyone a happy, happy Tuesday, and welcoming back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show former FOP President Dan Hills, who's with Frontline Advisors now to chime in on the Hamilton County police chiefs looking for some reform and the judicial practices here in Hamilton County. Welcome back, Dan Hill's always a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 2: Brian has been far too long, my friends. I think you are well.
Speaker 1: You're with Frontline Advocates. Remind my listeners what you've been up to since you stepped down as FOP president.
Speaker 2: Well, I do work part time for a local department, but I don't I don't think they want any part of my politics, so to speak. But I work. I do what we call auxiliary work in hamm County, they call special deputies. But I do a lot of it's it's a more it's more like security than it is UH of police work. I uh watch over a lot of synagogues and I might give away the community, but they'll do that Hebrew school stuff like that. But I work uh frontline advisors. I work alongside attorneys that that represent police unions like Middletown, Fairfield, Mason and also Corrections Union Speller County, hamm County Corrections as well. So I'm doing a little bit of the same stuff I did as the FOP president. I'll represent at the predisciplinary hearings and things of that nature, other other meetings with maybe if they're being investigated, or sit down with the chief or assistant chief about the stuff. So I handle things that don't necessarily need an attorney.
Speaker 1: So fair enough, like an expert opinion. Having experienced this from the perspective a law enforcement officer and former union leader, get all that all right? Well, in your capacity is a former law enforcement officer and union leader for the insint Police Department, what's your reaction? I understand the Hamilton County police chiefs got together the other day to try to figure out what's going on and try to come up with a solution, and they're going to call in a roundtable within the month judges, magistrates, prosecutors, elected officials to talk about this. They seem to have concluded the problem lies with the judicial branch here in Hamilton County that you can have tough on law enforcement police officers doing their job and arresting bad guys for committing crimes. You can take them to County Pillot in the prosecutor's office, and she can have all the evidence in the world and present it and make bond recommendations and sentencing recommendations. But it's ultimately up to the judge to conclude how much the bond's going to be and what the sentence is going to be. And we have a lot of judges, notably like Judge Samantha Silverstein, who doesn't really believe in bonds and lets people out on their own recognizance otherwise doesn't sentence people harshly for even crimes involving guns. There's nothing we can really do about that, is there? We need to vote better in the elections. I mean, we're kind of have our hands tied, don't we.
Speaker 2: Dan We do, but you kind of covered what the letter says. What I can do is a little deeper dive into what it is they're doing. It's first off, this is a group that goes out of its way. It prides itself on being a political They are not. They don't have ours or d's next to their name. They don't jump in and try to promote one party over another. They want to stay out of politics. They're simply about enforcing the law and serving they're public. Because each and every one of these police chiefs, however many there are in hamiletegam And, I think the number somewhere around forty, each and every one of them has a community that they're responsible for. It's their community. It doesn't matter if Cincinnati, if it is Dell High, if it's Madeira, they all have a community that they are responsible for. And they're seeing that they cannot properly protect their community because of this weak link in the justice system. Their cops are going out there, they're locking up the bad guys, they're catching the bad guys, they're bringing them before the prosecutor. The prosecutor, like you said, is prosecuting, and all of a sudden, you know, over just the last handful of years, you have judges that are just completely dropping the ball, not only with sentencing but with bonds. And so if bad guys violent bad guys. We're not talking about petty theft suspects or disorderly conducts up there. We're talking about aggravated robberies, flown the assaults that these people are are walking in and walking out the door. It means that the people in their community. And again this is this is anywhere in ham To County you are being affected by this. You can you can live in a small village, a township, the city itself. You all are being affected by the fact that there are judges that just don't see the criminal process as it's been seen for decades before. And that's where the chiefs are getting together and saying, we know that some people are don't say that we're jumping into the politics. That's not what we're trying to do. We're trying to we're trying to set off you know a lot of the warnings signals saying that folks are not going to be safe if we continue down this path. So you talked about the within thirty days is what the letter says. They're going to have this round table discussion and they're going to invite the judges and the prosecutors and they'll make sure they buy it in by judges from both sides of the political side, of both both sides of the politics, and the prosecutors, and they're they're going to talk about this and how it's affecting their communities, and they they want answers, they want more transparent parancy. It's like, what do you use your honor to decide a bail? Do you have data? Do you do you always give you know, a higher bail if a B and C you know, pass sentencing repeat repeat offenders, because that's when you know, that's where when you really should you know, start to get the message that maybe this person is going to be found guilty of what it is they arrested for because they've been found guilty of it three more three other times. Maybe there there is a resistance, uh to to be civilized and uh and follow the laws of the state and and and the wishes of the community. And so this is when the bonds should be rising, and this is when the sentencing should be stronger. But what are you using your honor in your assessment, in your decision making to to to come up with a proper sentence in this in this case or these case. And that's that that's what they're there. They're they're also looking up for their cops still not only their system, but they're looking out for their cops because their copts are going out there risking their lives uh and and busting their rears and and coming up with in the end UH no worthwhile result because within within hours, day days at the most, they're walking out on a on a low or no bond, and then when it comes time around for them to get in the sentenced, they're they're sentenced the next to nothing. So they see the frustration in their officers. They're concerned for their their their safety, and concern for their morale and but ultimately they're there to serve the citizens. And this is the trying our deciszens by by calling this meeting, well call the round table, calling the meeting.
Speaker 1: And I suppose who actually chooses to show up or not will be indicative of how much they care about the issue or not. I mean, I can't imagine in spite of getting a direct invitation that Judge Samantha Silverstein, who apparently has been earmarked or identified as one of the weakest judges when it comes to bond and sentencing. I doubt she's going to show up. And if she does, she'lld just regurgitate what the general sentencing guidelines are and say I work within those and it's entirely up to them. It's in the judge's discretion on how much bond should be, her sentencing should be. So in the final analysis, we have a record which shows what the bonds and sentencings are, and we have a judge who would parrot what the sentencing guidelines suggests she should take into consideration. But in the final analysis it ends up being a slap on the risk. That's what we've got. So the sheriffs are serving a valuable purpose in shining a light on where the failure is, and that's the judicial branch. No one's pointing a finger at Connie Pillot's for not prosecuting. No one's pointing a finger at the police for not arresting people. They're pointing a finger and shining a light for the world to see that it's the judicial branch. So I think it's a helpful exercise, even though I really don't think it's going to bear fruit.
Speaker 2: Dan, Well, you know, I guess the hope is either enough pressure changes the way they're doing things a little bit. For if not, you said in the beginning, you said in the beginning, it's going to be up to the to the voters to do something about it. Now I like I said, I went out of my way to express how they're going out of their way to be you know, apolitical, right, But when it all, when it all comes down to it, you cannot deny that at some point it has to go back to the voters and if they see that, you know, one side or the other or specific folks within the judiciary are the ones that are making us unsafe again in every community in Hamilton County probably is on the counties nearby, because you're you're you're releasing these you know, vicious criminals back into society. Then then hopefully there is there is some some folks that remember in in the U in the time of the election. So and I'm sure and I'm sure the the the opposing judges who want these these weak judges for lack of a better term, out of out of their terms will we'll we'll probably speak of this and and and bring up more points. But it just it has to be something the voters have to realize. It's so so important. Amen have to have judges that are that are going to protect.
Speaker 1: Community running you know that that shouldn't be a political strife. I mean, running tough on crime. That's the benefit the entire community, a community that I presume these judges live in themselves. Dan Hill's pause, I want to bring you back and ask you a couple of questions about Iris Rawley and get your reaction to Victoria Parks President pro tem her statement that maybe Holly deserve the beatdown more with Dan Hills. Don't go away first, So cover sincy a phone call that's so important that you make. It's it's for your healthcare, but it's also for your bottom line. You can save maybe five hundred, one thousand dollars a month on your medical insurance while getting better coverage. And it only takes time, It does not require money. You don't have to engage the services of covers since you just give them a call, they'll do the work for you with no obligation to you. They'll look at what you've got right now by way of medical insurance, and then having access to hundreds of medical insurance companies and thousands of medical insurance policies, what they'll do is layer a package of insurance policies that will provide better coverage for you, including dollar one coverage. Yeah, they can deal with that. Ten thousand dollars out of pocket liability you got. That's a good thing. But you know, catastrophic coverage, hospital coverage, all that, and you pay less for better coverage. It sounds good, does it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I said, make a call. I mean the worst case scenario, I mean even best case scenarios. They say, no, you're in a perfect place. We can't do anything better for you. You'll a peace of mind knowing you're in the best place, but probably not. And that's where the savings and better coverage comes in. So put the team to the task. Give them a call five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call to start the process. Fill the format on their website cover sincey versincy dot com.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Jenn nine first one and one.
Speaker 1: The forecast sunny day for the most part, just a really slight chance of rain ninetyer be the high overnight muggy seventy two. Tomorrow eighty eight to high with mostly thotdy skies and a day that is described as the best chance of rain or storm overnight get a low of seventy Continued muggy conditions any partly thotty Thursday, with a high of eighty six seventy one degrees right now traffic.
Speaker 3: Time from the UCL Traffic Center. The u See Health Pacnick and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at uce health dot com. Southbound seventy five loading up early this morning through Lachland northbound seventy five break lights Buttermilk to Kyle southbound two seventy five. A slow go from the Lawrence purg ramp to the bridge. Quite a few schools going back today and tomorrow, including Deer Park and Newport Central Ingramont fifty five k the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KOCD talk station Happy Tuesday, Ron Thomas with former FOP Presidents of the City of Cincinnati Dan Hills on the program. You know, Dan, I had a current president Ken Cover run yesterday circulating a petition The FOP is to try to get Iris Rawley removed from her paid consultant position because Iris is out interfering with the police officer's enforcement of the law, and they've got her on video doing it. A couple of times a citable offense. Apparently it is. But the police officer who was engaged the other day did a really great job of de escalating and telling Iris to back off, and Iris wasn't given a citation. But she's been at this for a while and talking about berating police, and you have familiarity with Iris. Were only going back to the collaborative agreement when she was originally involved and kind of came to the focus in the city of Cincinnati. What's your take on this? And let me interject sign the petition folks, since he with hy Cincypolice dot com. We're almost at the goal of five thousand signature. So Dan, what's your take on Iris and what's going on?
Speaker 2: Iris and her activy pre dates even maya time in office with the FOP, the Black United Front. You know, it goes all the way back I believe to the two thousand and one riots. Yeah, when the city started to make deals. To be blunt, I believe that they she has some sort of key to riot prevention and unfortunately you know that, it seems, and that's why I was actually hoping you would talk to me about a little bit. Is that that meeting that Damon Lynch had about basically put somebody white in jail, is what.
Speaker 1: The thea was that was kind of indirectly accused of the Prosecutor's office of racism, I think because they've indicted now seven suspects for their involvement of that June twenty or July twenty six feet down. But the guy who slapped the other guy in the face has not been indicted, but they were calling on him to be in a charged with UH A violation of of inciting a riot.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's just I'll go ahead Brown.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, does anybody's right minds think that he incited a riot by slapping another guy? I mean, does he Can you reasonably anticipate that that kind of chaos was going to unfold from a slap? I mean, that's what That's why, that's why I went viral.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, that's the the insanity that UH gets bought into is that we we've got to do things that are not just to to avoid a riot, because that's that's what it seems like a lot of the politics when dealing with anything around the African American community in Cincinnati. They they will appease and including hiring somebody by Kirishroley who back. I had a video of her going on, uh calling all these police shootings that had happened around the two thousand and one perer slightly before it, because remember the police intervention shooting Timothy Thomas was one of the triggers of the run. But calling those murders. So here you have somebody that's calling cops murderers, interfering with them, like you pointed out on that stop, the officer had made going out of their way to cause trouble for the police, and we're painting her, so you're talking about counterproductive. It's just absolutely crazy. I could get back an arbitration case I had involving a police officer I think most of you will remember this that used the N word when she was in the car by herself and named Joe Mawory if he's still the l EP president. He came to an arbitration case where she was trying to win her job back and basically told the arbiter that, well, if she gets her job back, you know there's going to be a reaction or something. You know, carefully worded it, but I took it to mean promising uh unrest or even you know, we can use the R world right if there's going And so that's what I saw, was this meaning that's what I see with Iris the press conference, I should should talk about. That's what I'm trying to talk about. I mean it, it's two costs there they know better. But this white guy is so every I knows the slap herd around the world, as I called it the social media was after these folks are already been attacked, and that Damon Lynch is trying to screw everybody up on the sequence and and and for the slap herd around the world wasn't even a slap, it was a touch. And he was trying to articulate his look, if you don't back off, I can I can, I can touch you too. That the guy was simply trying to protect himself and protect his friends, and they are doing everything they can to getting locked up up. It's it's well, I don't every time I get I'll never see anything crazier in this. I see something like this, because this this is just this is just crazy. And I know there are pressures coming down towards the investigators to uh they're being shielded pretty well from what I understand. But to try to get them to charge this white guy who every every cop that's anywhere near this case knows that he didn't do anything credible whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The elements of the crime are not there, inciting right there elements. There's not a crime there at best. Wouldn't you say, like simple assault, one guy hitting another guy.
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Ergo, you might get arrested for punching a guy or slapping a guy in the face, but that will be the extent of it, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not there, and there was no attempt to do physical harm. And and look, Brian, if you and you and Joe start punching me out, I have a right to do something back, to try to protect myself. And so that's not an assault, that's that's self defense, self defense. Yes, And so, like I said, the insanity, you had to get two cops, uh, the counsel of the state rep Cecil Thomas, and you had a counselman Scottie Johnson there you had. It almost sounds like a It sounds like a joke, like these people all are going you have a pastor two cops and a former judge walk into a bar along with a few politicians or something, and they go in there, and then and then they're calling for this white dude, the white slapper dude called him in social media. They want him arrested on simply trying to defend himself. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well that's the alement people leave out now. It's amazing how twisted things get. Dan Hill, thank you so much of the time you spent my listeners with me today. I appreciate your thoughts and insights. We'll have you back on real soon. I hope. Take care of my.
Speaker 2: Friend bucks stick Arount.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother Steve Gooden talk about well, violence in the uh Neighborhood's why he's running for since a city council one of the reasons. Anyway, Steve will be up next. After I mentioned an awesome product, Rhino Shield. We know it's awesome my wife and I because we bought it from our daughter and her fiance. The barn they have under what I call far met looked terrible, and of course young people on a budget can't afford to have that barn painted. But why would you paint something knowing full well that a few years down the road, it's gonna be faded, it's gonna be chipping and flaking, and you know you're gonna have to do it all over again. Big project. That barn So Rhino Shield to the rescue eight to ten times thicker than paint. And it's not paint, it's a ceramic coating. They do a wonderful job with prep work. Key is prep and that Rhino Shield product it resists UV light, it's breathable, it doesn't trap moisture. You get energy efficiency with that UV resistance, and it's guaranteed twenty five years to never fade or chip or flake. That's a transferable warranty too, So you forget the painting every three or four years, go with Ryan Shield and just call it a day. To get a free quote free go to rhinoshield ky dot com rhino shield KY. I know it's just Kentucky, but it's a whole greater Cincinnati area serving well Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, the whole region. Rhinoshield ky dot com upper right hand corner to click on getting that free quote, learn more about the product and its uses. To call for a deployment. It's eight five five seven four four sixty six OH five eight five five seven four four sixty six OH five fifty
Speaker 2: Five KRC dot com