Speaker 1: Greenish changes everyone to Trick Wilson looking the Fantasy Baseball Live is our Take ten with Tim. It is Friday these July the tenth, except it is not a Take ten with Tim. It is a Take ten with Rich today because Tim and I are going to be talking about my Top five hundred that just dropped yesterday, the Top five hundred Prospects and Baseball actually four ninety nine. Tim and I had one duplicated, so I had to do a quick little flipper roo. But we're back up to five hundred, so it is done, my friend, So I'm looking forward to the discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as am I I was just simply flat out were whelmed. Okay when I saw that list, and yeah, it's not take ten, it's take five hundred with Rich. We're not going through all of them, but that sort of boy was it absolutely amazes me when I see the amount of work that has to go into this project. Rich, it's like I said, overwhelming, It really is.
Speaker 1: It felt overwhelming to do it this time, because I think I shared last time we spoke, I had typically the first cut of my five hundred, usually about first first of June, and I was about to do it I had maybe two hundred two hundred and ten kind of profiles written up, and as I did last year, the first hundred to one hundred and fifty were pretty good. I felt good about that, and then it just became floaters, guys. I had a chance to take a look at and I the bottom two fifty was just suspect, and I just wasn't happy with that. As we you and I talked, I knew what was required, I was unwilling to do it, and then I just finally said, I have to do this because that's my job. So so I got my big boy pants up, I rolled up my sleeves, and there you go. I dug into it and I did probably in a process that takes me four months at the fall, I did it in two weeks. Again, it was it was probably sixty to seventy percent of the work, but that was a lot for two weeks. And as I was telling ten last night, I could not have done it without kind of systems in place, the AI assistant helping me to edit things and you know, put it into grammatically oriented forms, you know, all the write ups and things like that, and it's you know, I learned in my long career as a technologist. Once you have a technology in place, then you can start to really pump out lots of volume of stuff. And it proved it. I was able to crank out a lot of stuff in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you've got five hundred players that you've profiled, and each and every single one of them, if I'm not mistake, and it has an ARETI yeah, it's only one. It's a he know, it's only a short area for the most part, it's you know, but it's one sentence describes what's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh if my friend, my friend, yes, my friend, Yes. Three and fifty to three hundred and seventy five of those have full two hundred to three hundred world write ups behind them. So behind them. Yeah, so that's the other one hundred and you know whatever, five hundred minus three fifty, one fifty or just short arrais a lot of those are guys that were hurt. I mean, what what am I going to write about Sebastian Walcott. He's been hurt the entire season, So I just write he's hurt.
Speaker 2: Go back hurt. Yeah, look at last year.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I I lost year I touched.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently it's coming back in a couple of weeks. That's what's interesting. If you write, bring my little, my little narrative in there, yes so, but so that's that's how it works. So if you figure there was only about one hundred narratives I did not write, and all of our Patreon members have seen those write ups, you know, at one point or another, updated all of them, and they'll be coming out in the next few weeks as I write about more players. But it was it was once you get it, get going, I mean, you just it's more of a you just have to throw yourself into it and just get it done. I mean that's just the bottom line. Get it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I got to tell you the first thing that leapt out at me. Okay, because again I've I've got the full Gride sitting in front of me, and it's very pretty and hey, nothing like a good highlighter to make a guy's date. Okay, but the first but the first thing I look for, Okay, yeah, you get your ranks one, two, three, five, six, seven, eight, yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, on it goes. But the thing that I want to look at first, and I would imagine a lot of our listeners are cut from that same sort of claw is the up down in the February rank. And the first thing that leapt out at me in a massively huge way was that, Uh, comparing February today, I think there might be ten, eight to ten players that were top twenty five in February. They've all disappeared.
Speaker 1: See there you go. You know it's fifty three guys. There's fifty three guys that have graduated off of this list. Fifty three, so ten percent graduated off off the list.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then if you do it in order in three months, In three months, one two, three, four, five five, top ten guys, what do you want? Top hundred guys are twelve fifteen, one two, three, four, five, twenty five top hundred guys. So a quarter of the top one hundred guys have have graduated off of this list, which is kind of one of the thing if I can expand upon that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I wanted to lead into this and just turn it over to you and let you fire away. I know. The one thing that's said to me right away is, yeah, the game's getting younger, right.
Speaker 1: It's getting younger, and it made this process pretty challenging because quite frankly, there are guys in this top one hundred, if you will not to mention Top five hundred, that you know, you look at and you have to wrap your brain around going, that's not really a top one hundred guy. That's like a top one fifty kind of guy. But yet it's so shallow that the guys have kind of moved up, and I think we need to have that in context. Now. In four days, that's all going to change because we're finally going to have new blood coming in through the draft that happens over the weekend, and then quite frankly, we are desperate for some new blood to me because it has gotten thin and it has gotten terribly young. There are some seventeen year olds in the top one hundred, and I just, you know, you just don't do that because there's so much volatility in those guys. But it's just the way it's just the way it's happening. The yeah, it's getting it's getting younger. Those guys are getting promoted and graduated, and you know, now you've got seventeen eighteen year old guys littered through your top one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, yeah, Seth seth ornand is at number eight. A prime example, he moved up sixty s bucks. Theo Gillen moved up thirty one slots in three months, Ryan Sloan forty one, Eli Will it's fifty one. You know your top one hundred. You know Anthony I Aansen with Boston, He's moved up seventy seventy five slots, sixty nine slots for Sirota. Like, we're seeing people moving up this list at an incredible pace, aren't we. What would it be common to see a guy like Kendrick Churio two years ago to be ranked top thirty five and move up one hundred and forty three slots. It just it seems wild to me when I start looking at the number of young players that are just exploding onto the scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because a lot of guys that you mentioned, if I'm very curious, right, Seth Hernandez, As you recall back in the spring, he was my fourth ranked guy for the first year player draft, and I panicked, Timmy, I just said, I can't have a high school picture going that early. I mean I had to go before Ami. I mean I can't do that, so I dropped him at the last minute. Turned out to be a mistake. So this is that's really correction. Maybe he should have been twenty he moved up to seven. That was a I was not balled into Eli Willitts. I was thinking he'd be more like a spaf of guy's a lot stronger than his father. So that's a bit of a correction of a guy that probably should have been higher. Ryan Sloan is a monster. I mean, I've got him higher than Kate Anderson just by one slot. But that guy's has got top of the rotation stuff. He hasn't had as good a control, so the forty one is probably legitimate and he's really improved that much. Well, I forgot the other guy that you mentioned as well, Oh oh, the right handed from Boston up seventy five. I had him as a top one hundred guy, but he just exploded onto the scene. So it's kind of a combination of guys that I maybe had ranked wrong coming into the season, just should have been more bullish and not. And then some guys that have just blown up. I think guys that have just moved up because others have moved out well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a few. There's a few that have headed in the opposite direction as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, a lot of those guys. I'm also going to point you to number twenty eight, Mike Sarota. Mike's has got on base seventy two games in a row. One more game and he will tie the minor league record Minor league record for getting on base in a row. So that's the kind of season he is having. Yet again, another Dodgers outfielder. And look at this, there are three Dodgers outfielder if I'm not mistaken in the top twenty five. Well, I think Serota might be twenty eight. That's crazy, by the right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is totally Yeah, there might even before you got Hope. Is there another Dodger ahead of Hope, I again, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jose Depoula. So it's Hosey, Apollo, Zire Hope, and Sioder to the three top outfielders, and Dabbling is not that far behind.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and that's insane in any other organization. Some of those guys that already be up ye to.
Speaker 1: Paul Is at three, Zire Hope's at twenty, at Duardo Quintero's at twenty four, not had as good of a season. Sarrodo's at twenty eight, Charles Davelin's at thirty seven, James Tibbs at forty two. They're all outfielders, all top fifty guys from one organization.
Speaker 2: That's just the guy's a strong oatfield already.
Speaker 1: That's right. So my question to you is, because I actually wrote about one of them that I think it was Ay your Hope, Like, he seems like the most logical guy to move. He's the most explosive, but he's also the most volatile. I mean, they got to move some of these guys, at least one of these guys, to bring in some help here at the deadline, to bring in a trek school ble. I mean, which one of these guys goes? In your opinion? What do you think?
Speaker 2: I like the Hope call because of the potential upside. Okay, it's off the charts. They're not gonna move. They're not gonna move to Paula. Uh I could I could see Hope or TIBs as being auctions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you can you make Mike Saroto seven? I mean that kind of on base skill, he might Yeah, you get twenty eight. I mean that I was got serious stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you give up on that? I don't. The Dodgers. Yeah, the Dodgers don't anyway, you know what I mean, They'll move some of those oatfielders. But if I had to bet, I would say TIBs and Hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and and again. The fantasy standpoint. Fantasy standpoint, Hope, Hope has got the highest upside. But if you're the Dodger and you're Dodgers and you're looking at he still might hit two forty to fifty because his all of those guys, his hit tool is the most underdeveloped. That seems the most logical guy to move, even though you look at him and go, oh my gosh, that's the best fantasy player. Maybe not for the Dodgers. Maybe they don't care. And Tibbs is is just a they got him for Dustin May.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, exactly. Whatever they they flipped TIBs for, it has to be a plus, you know what I mean. It's gotta be right when you look at the cost of acquisition. It was, yeah, Justin May, who they'd given up on because of the health issues. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, by the way, when he went to Boston, he was terrible. Yeah, so's he's recovered a little bit. He's shown flashes here this year, but being the guy in the PA, but I mean he's still's got a four to eighty ear a or something like that. It's not that good. And they got James Tibbs, who was you know, moved a couple of times and all of a sudden goes to the Dodgers. Hey, put your hands this way, do a little bit of that. Here's our analytics department and yeah, top top fifty prospect.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, from judge to stud pretty quick, I would say, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. So it's I mean, the Dodgers are amazing. But yeah, we've talked about this a little bit last week that and I did some analysis here. There are twenty out of the top five hundred. There are twenty eight players from the Milwaukee Brewers, there are twenty two players from the Dodgers. And then there's a team I'm gonna let you guess that has twenty six players in the top five hundred. What is that missing team?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just trying to cheat here and scan quickly through the list. I have no idea how the Washington.
Speaker 1: Washington Nationals, Washington Nationals have been developing players extremely well. And that was that was a real uha moment for me because I was I was because I did them in alphabetic order, and I did the bottoms upperproach. I got to the Nationals, I'm like, I was tired, and I'm like, oh my gosh, look at these just kept coming. And it's like and then when I in my ranking, so they've got so that accounts for sixteen to seventeen percent of all the top five hundred from three teams. It accounted for twenty five percent of the top one hundred coming from.
Speaker 2: That speak volumes. Eh, wow, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure what the make of that, but it does look like things have gotten a little out of balance. There are just you know, they're dying. We talk about, you know, the haves and have nots in Major League Baseball sort of be a little bit of have and have nots in the minor leagues as well well.
Speaker 2: And you know why, when you look at the arguments that the players versus owners are going into right now as far as the new CBA, maybe some of the teams at the bottom of the list should do less complaining and do more of the leg work required to actually improve their systems. Okay, because the Brewers are going to feed off their minor league players for the next ten years, aren't they just the current crop? And we got a draft coming up this weekend. They're going to better their situation, as are the Dodgers. Right.
Speaker 1: I think the Brewers and the Dodgers in particular, are playing a different ball game than everybody else. I mean, look, you have. The thing that's amazing about the Dodgers is they don't have to play the player development game because they can just spend more than anybody. But the fact that they do that is it gives them a tremendous backstop because if they guess wrong on paying a guy to big salary, that's okay, They'll just make up for it at the trade deadline and here, who do you want, I'll take your best guy. It's an amazing kind of backs up. The Brewers, being that the least profitable or revenue generating team in baseball, have had to go to this approach and guess what it's working.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, you tell you a look at the Dodgers, okay, and you say, well, yeah, they gave up your Dan Alvarez. That did not hurt per se the Dodgers, they'd be better with your Dan Alvarez. But you take a team like the Minnesota Twins, if they give up on your Dan Alvarez, that's a big deal, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and the you know, they didn't give up relatively, they didn't give up. They made they made a mistake, right, I mean that they they did. He was he was He was a eighteen seventeen year old, big hulking kid in the minor leagues. And that was back when Jeff Luno was the King of the Pile, and he scouted him and he knew what the potential was. And they basically they ripped them off. I mean, it's enough, no other way to say it. They they took advantage of the Dodgers not knowing the player that they.
Speaker 2: Had right exactly. But again, for a team like the Dodgers, I guess what I was trying to get to. The Dodgers can make mistakes like that. They can have they can have those bad moments. And they got seven flipping outfielders, you know, in the top hundred. They can do it. Other teams can't. They can't make those mistakes or they don't want to and can't a combination of both. But getting back to the overall concept, when you looked at how have you changed your philosophies at all in the first half of the Traditionally you've been heavier on bats later on pitching. And we all know why. You explained of any times have you are you still adopt adapting to that sort of philosophy on your just your pure rankings, rich like, where are you at as far as as far as the process is concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still prefer bats. I mean there's just less volatility on that. So you know, all things, all things equal, I am going to take a bat over over an arm every time. I mean, it can't be. Because we're a little lighter here with you know, top prospects. More pictures have have filtered into the top one hundred, and in fact, I have fancy little calculations. Let me get over to make it over to the list for our Patreon members. You can go to the summary page and you can type in you know, one hundred, put in one hundred as your thing, and it tells you that there are twenty percent pictures eighty percent hitters. That's in the top hundred, in the top five hundred, there are thirty three percent pictures, so third pictures too there, So that's how it kind of goes the breakdown of that.
Speaker 2: So well, you know, it makes total sense that pitching would be increasing on your list simply because of the attrition factor. Pictures at the big league level are getting hurt. Okay, teams are going to the minors and calling up pictures earlier, and they probably would like to. But you got to have arms somewhere, right, so where you know that backfill has got to come from their prospects, right, so they got to be moving. They're moving quicker, much quicker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again it could yeah, it is, and it could be just a long held belief I have that that hitters are less volatile and therefore we should rank them higher. But you know, dynasty leagues and fantasy leagues is all about pitching. So I mean, so maybe maybe you should have pictures out there. But you know what, I think pitchers develop a lot later than hitters. And there are there are the David Sandlin's of the world. Yeah, I know he's not been good the last few times out but those guys blow up and double and triple a where they finally get learn how to locate their pitches better. They you know, they get better secondary pitches and all of a sudden they go from a guy that can't throw strikes and platoon splits to whoa, what's happening here? And those are the kind of guys you can get late. It's hard to sit there and say, well, that's a top twenty five guy, because why would you put a top twenty five guy and he's got a six ear a. You know that's not hard to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the raw skills might be saying something different from worth that sixty year a. He could be pitching a renala.
Speaker 1: Well that's true, but but you know, and if people read the narrative, I mean, hopefully that's there if I may a mote for a few minutes. One of the problems about this list nobody reads the narrative. I mean, some people read the comments, but few people dig in to get, you know, the detail of the particular player. But if you read my write up, I mean it tells you, like what the event, what the positives of this guy is, and what he needs to work on. And I go into gory details, particularly on pictures. What you know, they got platoon splits, or they don't have platoon splits, they got control proms. He's athletic enough to turn that into control. Or I think this guy's going to work in the bull and it's all sitting in there. I might be wrong, but it's all sitting in there. But few people, well they don't go. They don't do that detail. They go. The guy's rank forty five, it must be pretty good. All right, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: See what where I try to feast on your list? Rich is not the top one hundred for the most part. It's interesting you see who's up, down whatever. A lot of those names are common, some aren't. Where I like to try and feast on this list is looking down from say one hundred to two hundred and fifty and finding the guys that have improved new pitches control pick one, but they're closer to the big leagues, and odds are pretty good. A lot of those pictures are going to be available, So that's that's sort of my target area is looking at those pictures from high to double A, moving up the rankings. Pictures I can get for next to nothing, right now, Okay, that could move up another sixty spots and then in the next three months, okay and try. And that's how I approach it. Anyways, each to their own. Everybody's got but you need pitching, and you're not going to get any of the top top five ten guys because they're all rostered. You got to focus on something that's reasonable and something that's attainable. So that's how I approach it. Yeah, I meant, how do you about you? How do you approach pitching in the Dynasty League looking at a list like this of ranked players where well, I could tell me where are you going?
Speaker 1: So you I mean, you can count on us on one hand how many DSL and Complex pitchers I have ever ranked on a top five HUNDERD. I mean, I just don't. I don't spend any time with it. Therefore I miss countries the kid from Kansas City. So and just because I wasn't following him, he went from the DSL to the Complex the low Way last season. First of all, you never see that guy. You never see you never see that, right, And he just snuck up on me and by the time I recognize him in low A, he said, oh, there's an interesting guy. He was already gone to Dynasty leagues because others were on it a little clicker. But I'm not going to waste my time on a seventeen year old kid in the DSL because it doesn't matter if they're throwing one hundred miles an hour or whatever they're doing. The likelihood of them getting through the process is extremely low. So I start to look at them quite frankly, when they're if they're starting to have some success in low way maybe, but it's not really until high A where they start to have success. And people are our Patreon members know, I mean, it's mostly High A and up. I focus on pictures and those are that's where I fish out of. And it's I have no trouble to me fishing in that pond because they're readily available on waiver wires.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and it's it's much like I'll go through so time in the next week or so the All Star break next week, I'll go through and I'll look at those pictures from one hundred. As you know, I mentioned to you know, for John to do, look at the pictures between one and three hundred, one and four hundred and just find who's at double A because odds are pretty good that we might see them in the second half. So if I'm looking at spec pitching, it's a guy's at Double A that are still available. They don't have the upside, no, but especially in regraft leagues, you can find yourself some gems. Yeah, at least I believe you can't sure to me.
Speaker 1: And again, I do this for a living. I'm very proud of what we've created at the Patreon site. People need to join us at the Patreon site because just like with you with the waiver wire, you pictures come in with new pitches, they're bigger, they're stronger, et cetera. That's they blow up in the first month, and that's when you grab him. Carson mill brand is a perfect example. I mean, it's a guy that walked five for nine last season and it did okay, but he comes into Double A shoving it and looks like a completely different picture. Carson mill Brandt is with the Miami Marlins. Now he's in Triple A, quite frankly, sitting right on the precipice of being caught up. Now again, he's having a little trouble in Triple A. But that's to be expecting still a young kid. But that's a guy who booked this season, and you could have grabbed him. Our patrion members could have grabbed him like I did in the first weeks of April. That's when you find these guys.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and in a situation where White has a questionable history, we're obviously knowing and we're not going to see him really until twenty twenty eight. All of a sudden, these kids are We're going to see some of those kids simply because of attrition.
Speaker 1: Right, Jonathan Santucci, You'll like him because he's an Italian guy. He likes saying there's Italian names. Left handed pitcher, left handed pitchure bets I saw last week and I'm just impressive, right, And he moved up from three point fifty nine to one thirty. And again, those guys are all coming up in the first couple of months of the year. You typically don't see a guy, any any pitcher or hitter breaking out in July and August. It just doesn't happen, right, I mean, they're they're somewhat playing out the string at that point. They're getting tired, a lot of them are getting hurt and they're the teams are working on stuff, but it's really in the off season where stuff gets worked on, where guys hit the weight room, et cetera, and they come in a different player.
Speaker 2: Cool. Well, with all of that in mind, I want to thank you for the for the general overview. Do you want to go through, say the top ten, top fifteen and take a look at them individually and then do some bouncing around then maybe subcussions. What how do you want to approach this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take them, take a take a break right now, and then come back and let's let's go to the top ten again. You can get off five hundred of these prospects at Prospect three sixty one. Excuse me, the patrons ie pat r o n dot com for Sled Prospect through sixty one. I think yesterday we had about twenty new members joined. So so it people do see the stuff and they jump on, which is pretty cool, right, So I encourage you to jump out and join us.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: You get Tim on the Discord site and Tim's grab some questions from there, and that's where we spend most of our time and energy kind of squirreling around there. But Tim, we can go to tell you it's your it's your show, Timmy, which is very mater.
Speaker 2: But we can do that, and I thank you. I it may be dangerous, but until I get control of that zero point zero, but you have never seen dangerous at number one? Wow, what can you say? I think he's gonna Do you have any thoughts about did you have any thoughts about maybe moving Franklin areas ahead him? Or is it a clear number one?
Speaker 1: Look's not had a great season. I mean it's been good, but it's he's It's still more about potential with him. But I've seen him play live a couple of times, and I mean, just look at him and he goes, Oh my gosh, this guy's gonna he's gonna be good. The power hasn't showed up yet, but that's been the physicality of the guy. He just needs to get stronger. He's a baby. He's nineteen years old.
Speaker 2: Double double A and succeed, Yeah, succeed.
Speaker 1: And he's again he's not having the Jacksonurion double A season they have, But I think he's a better hitter than Jackson Churio and he's gonna have massive power. He's got good speed. Now I think it fades every time. I will be shocked if hayesus my day is not an All Star.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Number two we have Franklin Derives.
Speaker 1: Saw him in Double A twice. Now I have no idea why he's still in Double A. Two guys this year, and I've gone to a ton of games, as you know, the two guys that had the best at bats where Franklin Arise and Ike Irish. They look like major league hitters where they shorten up when there's two strikes, they go the other way when the balls pitched on the outside of the plate. Use them when you go to minor league games, Timmy, I mean the guys are closing their eyes and swinging as hard as they can. I mean there's particularly the lower levels of the minor leagues. I mean, this is the way it is.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's a big sign up there, gone vision right exactly. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm being dramatic here, but I mean it's it's rare that you see a guy that, Wow, that looks like that looks like what you see in the major league level with good players and frank and we've been waiting for Franklin Rise much like we just talked about with Hazus my day. Where's the power? Where's the power? Kept telling everybody there's going to be power there, and I look stupid. H And also this year seventeen home runs, so he's on pace for twenty five thirty. Again, I don't think twenty five to thirty is going to be his number. But if he's going to be a twenty home run ten stolen based guy that could hit three hundred, it's a great He's going to be a great player. Why he's still in double A is beyond me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some sort of organizational decision.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not based on pure raw talent.
Speaker 1: Is this decision dysfunction? To Mateo tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Here well plaid, well played? Yeah, rimshot time at number three? We got im Ryan pronounce it right, Haws you Japaula.
Speaker 1: I think it's Osway to Paula. But if you want to say, how's you? I mean there's a lot of guys the first name of j O s U I s U E, and they always say Hasway. But look, this is a guy that can hit with big power. He's the Dodger. I mean, look, if you want to put Zayer Hope in front of from a fantasy standpoint, because he's got more speed. Okay, but the Paula has got close to twenty stolen bases a lot. With Miday, it's going to be power and batting average. They're young, they're athletic, so they can run. But eventually he's going to slow down. Don't think Zayer Hope's going to slow down any of that. Guy's always going to have speed. Does he hit enough? Man, I don't know, but the going to hit.
Speaker 2: Okay. At number four, we have Max Clerk uh uh down one spot. It seems like a disappointing season for Clerk, But when you really take a deep look, I think maybe it's not as disappointing as it as it actually is. You know what I mean? It just kids, got a pile of skills and he's young.
Speaker 1: Uh I think I think I think it's been I think it's been disappointing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So my first kind of disc on I put out a primary Top one hunter to our Patreon members maybe a week and week and a half ago. Hey, this is what I'm thinking. I think I'm x Clark down in twelve or thirteen, And I said you know, caveat I can change my mind before some one comes out. Uh, yeah, you're mindless. So I just I mean, I spent a lot of time like thinking about Clark, talk to some people about it. He's a good baseball player. All the skills, as you were saying, are there. He's still terribly young, and yeah, he showed some flashes early of maybe the guy he could be. He he hasn't had that big season where he's put it all together. It looks like that big season is going to come at the major league level. But I mean, he's fast, he's I think his average exivelocity is in the eighty eight eighty nine miles an hour. He needs ad a little bit more leverage to push the power up a little bit. It's all sitting there. It just hasn't come together. So I just so it's a pure scouting analytics ranking here, and I try to do that with all of mine. I know people on the Discord Signe particularly retrashing me the other day because I talk analytics all the time, But that's just who I am. If you don't like that, then then don't join us at the Patriots, because that's what I ad that's just who I am. I just think that. Look, if you look at the stat line, he should be a lot lower, but I think all the skills are there. So I'm going down with a ship of this. I'm going down with a ship, my friend. So I will admit if I was wrong, I will go down.
Speaker 2: With the s. So you and the violin player. The last one's off the Titanic, right exactly. So yeah, okay, fair enough. At number five, we got liol.
Speaker 1: Just go Leo Leo Da Leo Dallas these.
Speaker 2: Nah, okay, shortstop with the athletics. He's moving he's moving on up.
Speaker 1: He's had a great season too, and I mean I thought, I mean he's nineteen, so there's no reason to bring him up. You talked about like should we put a column in there for a guy who might get caught up? If if you, if we get on a show on Sunday or Friday and say, Defrice has got called up, it would not surprise me. He's really he's really something.
Speaker 2: He's ready.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's ready. But the guy's got speed, he's got power. He's a really good short stop. He's he as good as Jacob Wilson. No defensively at shortstop. But I think Wilson's hurt. I can't follow by the way one of the one of the nuts side, and if it's one of the casualties of the last two weeks is I have no idea what's going on in Major League Baseball. So the last time Jacob Wilson is heard, I have no idea what's going on with my fantasy teams. I missed Zach Zach Wheeler's last start. He was on my bitch. I don't know why I thought I put him in. I just missed him. So I have been a wall on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other Max Muns. He is now at a I did read that.
Speaker 1: I did read that, so yeah, I do like uh, I do think that Leo de Rice, I think we see him this Yeay. He's had a really good, really good year.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sebastian Walcock, I wasn't aware that I was under the impression he was lost for the season, but you were saying he's getting back, he's ramping up a little bit, getting back in baseball activities.
Speaker 1: He is, I've been told, should be the end of July. So he had elbow brace surgery and that's allowing him to come back a little sooner. At least that's what the hope is. According to people I spoke without it in the Rangers organization and as I right, as so many returns to farm, there's no reason I think he won't. He remains one of the best prospects in the game. Yeah, he should have been up already, Timmy. But as they say, shit happens.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the beat part of that is you're never going to change a It's still going to happen. To live with it, right, that is correct.
Speaker 1: But he's he's going to be very very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, at number seven, we have our first pitcher on the list, and what a bitcher he is. Seth Fernandez of Pitchensburg Pirates.
Speaker 1: Wow, tore it up in low way has been more mortal and high a. It's a guy that we thought could pull it, maybe pull a tray, you savage. I mean it was probably five percent chance he pulls the tray, you savage and rips to the minor leagues. Well, Hi A proved to be a little bit more challenged. I did get a chance to see one of his games. Uh, and it's the real it's the real deal. I mean it's big stuff. He walked. It was his first game in hi A and he walked two of the first five guys and then settled down. I thought it was nerves. Maybe the control isn't quite there yet. But I mean he's got size, he's got stuff. He's he's pitching to the right organization. Uh, it's it's all I mean, come on, it's all there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't add much to that. Number nine, a guy that I don't really know all that much about, but as soon as I see is with the Tampa bay Rays, it sort of scares me. The Deo Gillen at number age.
Speaker 1: Interesting that you say it scares you. It's interesting you say it scares you because the the Tampa bay Rays. If I take a look at the number of as I entered this process, the number of maybe players they had was huge, and then I just you just get into it, and the guys have just been disappointing to him. I mean, you know, they they they have not developed the way I thought of. I mean, Brody Hopkins, he's got some of the best stuff in the minor leagues. I mean absolutely, he can't throw shrikes. I mean he's and that's what the Rays do well. They can't get him to throw strikes. There's a lot of pictures on the race. Uh Suarez who Santiego Suarez is one of my guys. His stuff is falling off. The one guy that has it well, there's a couple of guys. But Theo Gillen, who I like coming out of the draft last season, has really blown up this year and he looks like he's on his way to superstard him. But a lot of the other Tampa Bay Rays, the Carson Williams, the Xavier Isaac's and the guys that were we thought lot of over the last couple of years have just not put it together.
Speaker 2: Huh. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Remember Trade Morgan? Remember Trade Morgan with.
Speaker 2: The oh yeah apostrophe, Yeah yeah, all of the ad spellings. I remember.
Speaker 1: The last I looked, he's hitting like two ten and with three home runs or something. I mean, just completely fell apart when he got to triple A. Just can't cannot hit hitting two o seven five home runs, striking out a third at the time. This is a guy that made tremendous content. Explain this to me, mister McLeod in twenty twenty four. Yeah, he struck out eleven percent of the time. This season, again he's hurt, striking out a third of the time. I'm not sure what happened to this guy. Maybe obviously he's hurt now, but did something happened that an injury just he's been brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: There's a ton of rays like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because generally as a rule where they have problems is high aided double A right, double A to triple A shouldn't be that, it shouldn't be as challenging per se, that first big step, at least to me, that first big step is more of a measuring stick than double A to triple A right totally.
Speaker 1: But for the rays at least it looks well, some of it's going into double A, but it's I mean, again, Theo Gillen's been great, Nathan Following, who is a catcher, and Caden Bodine, who was another catcher that the Orioles drafted. Those guys have blown up tat and Gray has been tremendous this season. Cooper Fleming's been good, but Hopkins has dropped, Daniel Pierce hasn't played, Carson Williams has dropped, here's a guy that has remember Braydon.
Speaker 2: Taylor, Braiden Taylor rings a bell, he's a.
Speaker 1: First round draft pick a few years ago. It looks like a baseball player all of a sudden, so us so that they've had some wins, but a lot of guys have really fallen off. I mean TJ. Nichols is a guy that struck out a ton of guys all a sudden. He can't throw strikes this year. Jacob Melton looks like a platoon guy. He's dropped. I mean, just a lot of reds reds. And yet that's not good on my list. The guys that have dropped with no.
Speaker 2: I the other thing that's not good about that hole scenario, it was a raise. You need to draft. That is their source of Yeah, they're not going to go out and sign the big free agents. They've got to make their draft work or they have problems. Right.
Speaker 1: I think they picked second. M hm, So let's see they Yeah, they picked second, the White Sox, Rays, Twins, Giants, Pirates. Look for that Pirate pick at five, that's that could be a really interesting pick. But yeah, the White Sox, so somebody's going to get Rochilowski uh huh.
Speaker 2: And I don't think the White Sox will walk by them. I think they'll take them.
Speaker 1: I think you have to. I don't know how, I mean I get it. Our buddy Tim Webers thinks he's ever ready. He could be, but I mean he's a pretty pretty high floor. That's the other thing we always talk about when you do rankings, you do it the same thing.
Speaker 2: Is it is it?
Speaker 1: Is it ceiling over floor? Is it floor over ceiling?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, well, I think a lot depends on where you're at as far as your dynasty, uh, as far as your dynasty players rostered. Okay, if you've got an ample number okay of safe high high floor pix, well you can afford, and you've got depth, you can afford to speck a little bit, okay, and take those chances. If you're looking at uh a minor league roster that is stocked with high risk, high reward tize, well maybe you should get a couple safe floors and balanced it. Oh. I think a lot depends on the individual circumstances behind the teams. At least that's how I would think it should it should roll.
Speaker 1: So if we go back to the two thousand and twenty four draft, which when it was a Travis Bozana went number one and Connor Griffin went number nine. It's probably gonna and that Nick Kurtz went for that draft. It's probably going to work out that Connor Griffin is going to be the best player in that draft. But he went nine, but the guys in front of him were all college kids. Bizana, Chase Burns has been great, Charlie Condon, I still think there's Nick Kurr taken. Smith has been a disaster. Jack kaglin Owen's been okay, JJ Weatherhill, Christian Moore has been a disaster. But the Angels pick disaster players, so you get the and then Connor Griffin, so you know, it's it's interesting all those college kids and then they got the first prep guy and he blows up. Should the Cleveland Guardians have taken counter Griffin. Of course they should have, but they decided to go a little safer. They went with the higher fourth PA was on and so did everybody else. But the guy who blew up as a high school kid. It could have very much gone the other way. Countor Griffin, pick another name, could have could have you know, kind of disappointed.
Speaker 2: Brian Taylor. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know it could have it could have ended up in that hitting in that direct.
Speaker 1: Well, just in that same draft sixteen with PJ Orlando with the Miami Marlins. Again, Marlins are terrible at drafting guys. He's not a major leader, he's a high school kid. He's not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And then you flip then you flip back to Mike Piazza being picked at a thousand or whatever it was, the odd the odd bulls and you look at Mike Trout. Yeah, where where did he go twenty five, twenty six when we're in there.
Speaker 1: Twenty one, twenty three, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was in the twenties. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's it is it is. It is risk reward, it's it's you're going to go to the high upside guy. And look, I think if you play it safe and and the the Angels have, I mean it's a perfect example. They play it safe every year they get Nolan Shannywells and and Christian Moore's of the world and as Zach Nido's been probably the only guy that's worked out, even though he's had a tough season you know now that Mozealak is a temporary guy running. That'll be interesting to see how they do this draft because they need to get and and they're they're actually systems a little bit better this year, believe it or not. They they need to bring in some talent. It would be good for them to get a high school kid at the draft that's that has a chance to you can really build around kind of an Eli Willis of the world, a guy that really tooled off, very very athletic, and see what they can do as opposed to go in the Christian more round I mean, which is you know, th guys, he's it's not going to be anything. We knew that when he gets drafted.
Speaker 2: At number nine. Moving along, we have a guy who hasn't played yet this year. I know that you're still obviously very high on Apparently I was reading somewhere I think about Trey Turner, Turner moving to the outfield or something that would definitely help Aiden Miller, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't looked at the metrics on Turner. Maybe his defense is starting to fall a little bit. Remember when Trey Turner came up, he came up as an outfielder center fielder forgot who was playing shortstop for the Phillies when he when he made that move. But anyway, look, ad Miller, it sounds a little concerning, right because this is a guy that he hurt us back. He went in for some kind I was reading some kind of new procedure, which is not something you ever want to hear.
Speaker 2: Right now. That's not a good sign new procedures.
Speaker 1: No, okay, yeah, So but it's a lower blumbard issue, you which you know, I've had back surgery on my my lower back. It's it's not good. But I don't know how we can discount him too much until you know, obviously, if he doesn't play the whole season, I've got to drop him at the you know, going in next year a little bit. But I mean he's still got. He still was great, particularly in the second half last year. So I would assume he's still going to be good.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I I'm going to call our tenth pick. We're going to discus We're going to say ten A and ten B. H Okay, because we're talking a right handed pitcher and a left handed pitcher, both out of the Mariners system. One who I think is a gimme that we see in the second half in Kate Anderson. But you have him behind Ryan Sloan or are they? Are they ten A and ten B. What are your thoughts on on Sloan versus Anderson.
Speaker 1: I think Slun's the higher upside guy. I mean, he just throws harder. It's big your stuff. Keate Anderson does ninety three miles an hour. I mean it's a it's not avelossit guy. He's got really good secondary pitches, good location, is a really really good picture. But I mean Sloan is the is the home run, that's the guy that you think can lead, you know, lead your rotation. I don't think Kate Anderson is. I think he slots in as a number two three guy, low risk, very very low risk guy. I mean Sloan still doesn't always throw strike, so there's some growth still that has to has to occur there. But it's big stuff. He's a lefties that I know. He's alrighty right, So there's a lot to like with Sloan.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. Do you agree that we'll see Kate Anderson in the second half?
Speaker 1: Tim and I were talking before about should we have a little column talking about when these guys arrive. I would have thought Kate Anderson would have already been up. I think it's going to take an injury or as we've been talking about the Mariners moving some of their major league starting pitcher pitching for some hitting. If you tell me by when's the trade deadline? The third of August. It's kind of a weird date this year.
Speaker 2: It's a weird date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you tell me the day after and they still have their six starters answers, No, he's not going to make it. If they trade one of them, or they trade two of them. I think the answer is absolutely, he'll be Then he is the next guy up.
Speaker 2: Okay, and if he's not.
Speaker 1: If he's not, it should be an investigation.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, we'll start. We'll start right ranking their prospects with the Rockies. Write something along.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I mean it's it's yeah, exactly, we should. We will talk about the Rockies for a minute. So that's good Segmentiny, Let's let's take a break and come back. We're already at fifteen minutes. I hope you got a few more minutes.
Speaker 2: I've gotten nothing but time. All I've gotten planned for the four years and now.
Speaker 1: I just have a handyman coming in at some point to put in a shower rod. So so guess guests coming in in another week or so, And it would be nice if there was a if there was a shower curtain for the exposed to the element.
Speaker 2: So, uh, yes, well you can sit down, you know, hey, make up some popcorn, get a couple of drinks out and watch cycle exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: By the way, watching a TV show called The Beast in Me with Matthew Reese, who's wonderful actor and clear Danes. It's on Netflix. Wow, what a great show, kind of in that it's in that psycho kind of world where so the Beast in Me is kind of says it all. So Matthew rees plays a bad dude. So it's very very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a title like that, I thought it might have been a documentary on that Norwegian.
Speaker 1: Player, which what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh, the Norwegian uh soccer player.
Speaker 1: I don't know what did you do.
Speaker 2: Oh he's just a big he's just a beast. Yeah, I don't know that that kid that's ruling the the airwaves. He's one of the best in the world and apparently nice kid too.
Speaker 1: I've been I've been ranking players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Norwegian Beast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, France won yesterday and that's I I don't want them to win the whole thing because they're the team that always like flops all the time, and they look like they're but they look like they're really hurt and then they pop up and start running again. It's long held, yeah, that they fake those to get themselves rest time, and they always bug me. Anyway, wait, digress, turn it back over to you.
Speaker 2: Well, well, what do you think There's a couple of players that I'd like you to discuss and then maybe turn it over to you and let you go through some of your favorites a little bit further down the list, like if you know, is there really any point in discussing discussing Joshua Bias? You know what I mean? It's yeah, it's but a guy that caught my attention in a big way is a picture with the Boston Red Sox uh ianson I I. I know very very little of this kid, and he's now up in your top twenty five at twenty five. What's happening with Anthony I? Is that fine to go through it? And that Are you okay with that bof around? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean he was. He was a kid that you know, had potential entering the season and just I think he started let me bring up his let me bring up his uh hold on for second tim come back on? Okay. Started off in high A, really just ridiculous and high A zero point four to four e RA doing big stuff obviously from the right side, got up the double as it's been a little bit more mortal, but still pitching to one seventy eight era A just looks like he's it's a power arm, pretty good control if he can stay healthy. You know, the Red Sox are treating him with kit gloves here. They're not letting him go over much over eighty pitches and so he's only doing about five to six innings. I don't think he's gotten over six innings this season yet, but strikeout. It's it's good stuff and a guy that that kind of blew up this season when he came in with basically better stuff. Okay, anything else you want to know, anything else you want to know?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, he's at double A and he's young, right.
Speaker 1: And if I can just comment on Josh Bias a little bit. Yeah, he's definitely sold out for power. I mean, he's just swinging from the fences. He's got a huge appercut swing, so I hope it works for him. But he's going to strike out a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I hey, hey, if you solover power, something's got to be effected, and it's going to be that hit to him. That's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So he's we'll see I mean, yeah, I know he's been on your list. He's I think we'll see him in the second half. But I mean he has sold out for power. Everyone just just be aware, Okay.
Speaker 2: At number forty eight, keleb Bonnamer of the White Sox just a huge move up this year. I don't know what level, but if he's at double A, is there any chance we see him this year?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he's in high A first of all, unless he he got moved up since I last looked. Look, so there are archetypes that we all know about. Speed guys, the Chandler Simpsons of the World, Savior Edwards, and this guy. In my little listening here, we've got Enrique Bradfield kind of the same guy that you hope maybe they developed some power. Edwards has developed a little bit of parentner. Where the speed has gone this season, we're seeing with Chandler Simpson. Last I looked, it's eighty four on our exit velocity, and I know people in the Discord site that don't like me talk about that. That's not hitting the ball very hard. So there's zero power there. So you have to worry when you when you got guys like that on your fantasy team, like, where are you going to find the power? Why Chandler Simpson went as early as he did, I'll never know, but he did. He'll probably get correct at next season. Then there's the archetype of the Kyle Schwarber's of the world. You know, power guys three true come outcome guys walk a lot, strike out a lot, hit the ball a long way. Kyle Schwarber has been a unicorn drafted in twenty fourteen debut. I think in fifteen or sixteen we count on forty home runs. But if he doesn't hit forty home runs and he gives you a two ten two twenty batting average, it hurts. I mean, you can't get twenty two home runs from Kyle Schwarber with a two ten batting average unless you're an one base percentage Lee Caleb Bonder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's still a problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still have to work around that. But if Chandler Simpson steals sixty bases, he's interesting. If he steals thirty bases, he's not.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: If Schwarber hits twenty home runs, he's not interesting anymore. Right, there's too much hair on it to be worth a rostering a guy like that. Well, Caleb Bonanimer, Eric Buttanti, those kind of guys that have seventy eighty gray Wall raw power are very comparable to Kyle Schwarber. Now the new one is Murakami. What Murakami did in the first two months of the season, we finally have the second Unicorn, at least temporarily. We need to see what he does over a long period of time. If he becomes the next Kyle Schwarber, you're going to see guys like Bonhamer and Buttanti, these guys that have three true outcome guys, they're going to get a lot of runway Because I mean, Mura Kami just was carrying that team much like Kyle Schwarber carries the Phillies and teams are starting to realize, hey, on base percentage, we're good with that, as long as he's going to get on base, hit power, hit with power. But fantasy standpoint, it becomes a little trickier because most people still playing on in batting average leagues. Bomber's going to have a low batting average. He's going to hit thirty thirty five home runs maybe more, and he's he's going to be a very good baseball player, but he's not, and he's not gonna have a high batting average at all.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to make sure everybody kind of understands those kind of profiles when you're developing your fantasy team. Major League Baseball teams have done the same thing. You can't have. Well, the White Socks are trying to do it, to have at each position a three true outcome player. That's a power hitting team, and they're going for it. They're doubling down, tripling down, just everybody put a power, power bat at every position. I don't think that's going to be the trend, but I do think there is a world in which teams can throw out these guys that are power, guys that are on base percentage guy that is an ARC type that is starting to get a lot of momentum. I call them three true outcome players. But that's who it is, right and bottomber Guess what place for the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you put Montgomery and Muricami. Yeah yeah, but they still have Antinaci leading off, who has a hit to him? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They've protected the big bats by having somebody who can get on base ahead of them, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be interesting to see if it works, right, I mean, I don't know if you can have that many strikeouts in a lineup going. It might work in the regular season, but if you get you know, to the playoffs where you've got really good pictures in that and you're just you know, striking out, you know, you're getting fifteen sixteen strikeouts a game from a lineup, is that gonna work?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, I don't either. I haven't a clue. Josh Adamski second basement with the Brewers, what's the scoop here?
Speaker 1: First, he's a Brewer, so you like him. High floor guy can really really hit kind of marginal power and speed. I think you'll have a little bit more power than he will speed. But he's a guy that's moved up a lot and a guy that probably had a little too too low. But it's just he's another one base percentage guy that can hit with you know, a little bit of power.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds sounds good. Now let's look at the other side of the coin Ethan Holiday.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, where do I have youth in Holiday?
Speaker 2: Do you have him at eighty nine? Yeah? Down fifty nine slots from February?
Speaker 1: No, there he is, yep? Yeah, from thirty yep. Okay, let's talk about that. So obviously brother brother of Jackson, son of Matt. You love the lineage, you get some extra extra points there, right, What the worry was when he was coming through the draft, Big kid going to be big strikeouts, going to be some power. That's kind of of what his first season has shown, striking out almost thirty percent of time. There is power, there's high end eggs of velocity. But when you throw in the Colorado Rockies into the mix, I'm sorry, Tim, I get it. I know Matt Holliday played for them, and that's where he made his name. Until they until they can develop one or two guys. I'm just I'm skeptical. I think you've got to discount those players.
Speaker 2: I just do.
Speaker 1: Charlie Condon looks like he's turned it around. But look, if you've ever watched any TV show made in Albuquerque, that's an ugly place where balls fly out right, So and that's where that's where Charlie Condon is starting to look like a major league baseball player. Is he gonna be able to handle Sliderstone in the major leagues? I don't know. I think there's big boy power. I don't know if he's going to hit. Is that going to be the same thing as Ethan Holliday. Maybe, But the fact that he plays for the Rockies, you've got to discount him. I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough, yeah, yeah, I have no arguments here whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I got history. If you disagree with me, and we can point to player after I just saw a del Amador get dropped in the Dynasty League. It just sads me. You know, It's like he should be dropped, right, and it's like, what the hell happened to adel Amador? I mean, it's like, where's Zach vieing? Like where are all these guys that had a chance to be something, and they get to the upper levels of the minor leagues with the Rockies and they just disappear.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, who is the lives back they developed that had it was star potential to.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I mean, Goodman's been been very good, but I mean, is he a complete player? I don't think so. It's a power guy, but I mean it's it's just been disappointing. And look when he got I talked about it and Ethan Holiday got taken by the Rockies, and then I tried to convince myself, Wow, you know he's going to be really good. It's great hitting the environment, and then it doesn't matter. They get taken by the Rockies and it just you have to discount them until they prove otherwise.
Speaker 2: Totally agree. Okay, I'm going to turn it over to you and let you go on a rampage some guys that you like, say after one hundred, some guys that are are interesting to the point where where they're worthy of a discussion. Saw.
Speaker 1: I saw Caden Hunter pitch, left handed pitcher with the Baltimore Orioles. I really goosed him up. I thought he was really impressive. Left hander was up the ninety eight miles an hour. Hasn't shown great control this year, but when I saw him, he was throwing strikes and somewhat unhittable. Really like that Rowdy Rodriguez with the Angels. The Angels have a surprisingly good farm system, and Rowdy Rodriguez ore a U d I outfielder with the Angels, athletic starting to break out with some power hitting the a little bit. I goosed him up from three sixty nine to one thirteen. John Gill, shortstop with the Atlanta Braves, comes in at one sixteen, up from three twenty six. Should have had him higher entering the season. The Braves, all of a sudden have guys that that can hit. I mean they've always been focused on pitching, and all of a sudden, now they've got uh some hitters. One of the guys that we did not talk about was the guy that has probably been the biggest breakout of the season as Eric Hartman. Eric Cartman came in looking like Enrique Bradfield slashed Chandler Simpson. He was a speed guy, came in, balked up, got stronger, is now averaging you know, ninety miles an hour on his eggs of velocity with some leverage showing power created a little bit of power, you know, strikeout power for strikeouts. But that's a guy that's kind of blown up. So all of a sudden, you see the Braves kind of morphine from all they've been focused on is pitching. As the Ozzie Alsby's of the world get a little long in the tooth, they're starting to develop some of their positional guys, which is pretty interesting. And I think John John Gill is a very interesting guy.
Speaker 2: Well, and you get the Braves are digging themselves as a hole. What they created for themselves were losing all the draft picks, right, I got a few years back. But they've they've had to rebuild their farm system pretty much, haven't they.
Speaker 1: Yep, Hagen Smith. I'm not sure what happened to Hagen Smith. I probably would visit that. I see where he actually went off. He should have gone down. So here's here's a really really interesting player. Ohen Airs. I didn't think ahead of them at two hundred entering the season, but that's a guy who's twenty five twenty four catcher with the Chicago Cubs that kind of came out of nowhere and has been been fantastic, So he's definitely a late bloomer in double A interesting guy maybe for the second half. Owen Airs a y e R s Henry la Lane. You probably remember me talking about.
Speaker 3: Henry la Lane six five six foot six lefty with the Yankees. Looked like Big Can, looked like he was starting to He really had a blowout season in the Complex League. This is a perfect example of a guy that looked like he had a chance to be a future star. So I invested in him. A lot of people invested in him. And then the last two years, maybe three years.
Speaker 1: Awful, could hurt all the time, and I wrote him off. I mean, it's just like he just wasn't putting it. Comes in this season, Timmy looking like the same guy was back in the Complex League, up back up the ninety seven miles an hour, wicked a change up. He's still in low way. I think the Yankees after the All Star break here because now all leagues going to an All Star break. There is no more All Star game in the minor leagues there used to be, which is always a lot of fun. They just have the week off. I think you will see him up in Hudson Valley and a guy that I've been telling our Patreon member, is anybody that'll listen if he's sitting on the waiver wire, you got to go get this guy. He's throwing straight. Everything is clicking for Henry L. Lane. Let me give it. I'll go a little bit deeper. See Yeah, let's get down in the two hundreds. Zach Earhart another outfield with the Dodgers. He's done nothing wrong. He's been hitting, he's been showing power. He's just buried. I mean, it's just he's just a burry guy that's good on base percentage skills. He's got some power and speed, maybe a fifteen to fifteen kind of guy. He might get moved here at the deadline. If he does some trip away, you can immediately see him up. So put a little pin in that one for you. Camp Call you no idea what happened to camp Call? I thought he was going to be a lot better, but he just has not put it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a question on actually that actually fits into this part of the program, and I don't I don't know if you can provide an answer. But Jerry B from the Discord saye because I know we can include all Dodgers prospects, but he I'm surprised Chase Harland didn't make the list. Happy birthday, Chase. He turned twenty today and he's put up a three hundred and four hundred, five hundred plus season. Do you know much about Chase Harlan and if so, what are your thoughts? I do.
Speaker 1: He's a really really young kid just turn Yeah, unless you say, just turned twenty years old. No speed, can hit with a little bit of power, So okay, I just have not had a chance to dig into him enough to want to rank him. So yeah, look for him in the second half that I was a guy that will probably get on the top five hundred. It's a great call out by the guy on the Discord site. Third round pick, so he's got the pedigree, but this is a typical Dodger guy. That third round pick should have probably gone higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always got I was going to say, and he would be the ninth oadfielder in that organization. Yeah, you gotta draw the line somewhere, right, You got to draw I.
Speaker 1: Mean, just can't. You can't dig into everybody, But you're right, Yeah, I mean, it's definitely a good call. Good call out by the person who brings his name up.
Speaker 2: So Jerry, Yeah, okay, thanks Jerry. I'll turn it back to you now for some prospects further down the list.
Speaker 1: Uh Franklin prime era catcher with the Boston Red Sox. A guy that's really blown up, really good on basis skill, with a bit of power. Only in the Complex League, but a guy that I like a lot.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: You start to get in the two or three hundreds, you start to see guys that have fallen as well. Who's that one? Jordan Yost, Detroit Tiger shortstop, a really nice season. He's a guy that's moved up Ethan Sean Keys. I've seen him in the major leagues. I moved him up to two fifty four. Still don't know if he's going to hit enough, but obviously huge power there and starting to do something. Oh let's see that came interesting? Chris Swarrow. I just saw a couple of weeks ago, and was it hya or it was high? It was a double A. I think it was double A. He's another catcher that's got speed, so you would like this. I think it was only a ten thousand dollars sign too, So you kind of root for those guys. Interesting kid that played well on Hya another really good season in double A. Doesn't get a lot of love in deeper dynasty leagues.
Speaker 2: But a guy there and where he's right on your life.
Speaker 1: He's what on he's down at number two ninety one.
Speaker 2: Okay, dang get and let's see.
Speaker 1: Let me give you one more guy. How about Eric but Tanti That was a guy brought up today earlier. Again huge huge power. He's gonna swing Amiss a lot. And there's tons of walks there. So again Milwaukee Brewer, first baseman, very anti, Milwaukee Brewer guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have time for one other question from the discord site?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Okay. Don wants to know. He's curious about the big drop for Grissino. Is it just the injury or are there other drivers? And he says mostly flat per Fromelo and he's having a better year with more pop and he thoughts there there's a couple of questions from Don.
Speaker 1: Prisina was simply because he hasn't played. I mean, he could pop back up, and he dropped. I guess he dropped twenty seven, so that's that's fair. But I mean he just literally started playing a couple of weeks ago. I mean I made the comment on Sebastian wall Cod and a Miller why drop them? But I really goosed up Risino up to twenty two and and maybe had them a little too high going into the season. So there's a little correction there. Okay, But I dropped him just because he hasn't played. But I top fifty guy, I mean it's still a top fifty guy. That's pretty good. Yeah, and Formella for Mella's had a great season. That's probably a good call. Why isn't he a little bit higher? Yeah? He probably should be.
Speaker 2: Okay, super Thanks Thanks for your question, don greatly appreciated, and back to you Rich for some further thoughts. If you have me, I think I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted. Let's just tell you absorb the number, sheer numbers and weight of this project and.
Speaker 1: Let's let us let's take a final break, come back, and I'll try to wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Josh Hammond, Yes, short stop with the Kansas City Arroyos twenty twenty type of upside the second round pick last year. I didn't think a ton of them. I think I had him ranked two fifty six. Well, I know I had him ranked. I'm just looking at it. The guys who stepped up and another guy that was I think a second or first round pick was the was the Mets Matt Mitch Woite. I think it's Mitch vo it T. When I was doing my tour last week down in Maryland, I got a chance to watch him in a couple of games against the Orioles high A system. Really liked that guy, really athletic, good speed, hitting at the top of the lineup. The ball really exploded off his bat, So I moved him up as well.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, I'm just looking at the profile sneak upside that that should have our attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then guys like Jonah Toong, I mean, he's really really struggling. It's it's Ah And I don't I don't want to say I told you so, because I did rank him at twenty six, But I was really concerned about Jonah Tong entering this season. He doesn't have a breaking pitch, and look, if you don't have something, you don't have a breaking pitch, you don't have a ball that you can use against glove side batters. You don't throw hard, I got problems.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and justifiably so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jonah Jonah Toong's a little guy that throws harder than his body probably should allow him. He's got a great change up, but he has no breaking pitch. I don't know. It's a tough, tough, tough one for me. I dropped him down to eighty four. He's still going down. Uh Avy Arquette, that got him down from sixty five to ninety two. Miami Marlins. We could talk with the Miami Marlins almost in the same light as we do the Colorado Rockies. At least the Marlins developed pitching. In fact, they developed extremely well what's the last hitter that the Marlins have developed? And that's just another situation that it's very, very challenging. And I mean.
Speaker 4: Carlos Stanton and the guy with the Brewers now, oh you know, you know I'm talking about Christian Yeah, yeah, I mean that they were great when they're the Marlins, and but that was two administrations ago, right, So there's a whole new crew down there, and they're just so terrible at developing guys one guy that I haven't given up one as well.
Speaker 1: In Francesca. If you take a look at his stat line, it's terrible. I still believed him.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're a man of conviction. Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: I still believe. I also still believe in Jefferson Quaro, even though I dropped them a little bit, that I can hit man. I yeah, I just I don't have to tell you. So I guess to conclude. One of the things that in just going through this exercise, and I brought it up at the top of the podcast. If if you're in Chicago and you hate the Milwaukee Brewers because you you uh, you refuse to put them on your on your fantasy squad because of the Milwaukee Brewers, you're making a big mistake. You need to you need to swallow it and move on from that. And the same with the Dodgers. If you're a Padres fan and hate the Dodgers because of Dodgers, you're making a big mistake. I mean, they're They're What my analysis have shown is there are a handful of teams that have They've got some really really interesting players and really deep systems. And the Pirates are right up there as well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know you were saying earlier that what those three teams, the three teams you mentioned have something like fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: And sixty percent of the top five hundred, twenty five percent of the fifty percent of the top five hundred twenty five percent of the top one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. If you're ignoring that because of your quotation marks love for the game, yeah, you're missing opportunities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you just you need to swallow it or find a different hobby because they're I mean, the Brewers in particular are because I've met a lot of Brewers bress and it's interesting because the Brewers are becoming the farm system from the scouting and analytics rank for the rest of Major League Baseball. That's the one thing that no one talks about. But like you're you're out of the you know, you're out of the game. And you see guy with the Kancity Royal shirt on, I go, I thought you worked for the Brewers. I got I signed on with the with the Royals because they paid me more money or filling the blank. And they're all over the place because the Brewers have a way, particularly in the international ranks, of looking at players a little bit different. And I stress this because those are the players, particularly in dynasty leagues. That's where you should be mining from it. And if all of a sudden you've got six or your twenty five minor league slots are taking up with Brewers, that's okay, because yeah, and I have just stopped worrying about playing time. I worry about playing time, and they're in triple A I don't worry about playing time and double A high, I just don't. I mean, I'm looking for the player with the tools, the player I think that are going to be able to develop, to be able to hit. And I'm going to make the assumption, maybe it's naive, but I'm going to make the assumption that somehow good players will rise to the top and get the opportunities, and for the most part that happens.
Speaker 2: That's truism. Yeah. I for me, Hey, old habits die hard and I'm looking. I'll always look for opportunities, especially prior to call ups. That to me is important. But that's just a game I play. That's not the real game. That's our game, and it can be very very different from the real one.
Speaker 1: Can it just gonna go to the to the Brewers real quickly? Ricky Money Mony's m o n e Ys ranked twot eighty, first time on the list. Just shoving at this season. I mean, it's in the DSL. He looks like the real guy Brady Abel whose brother's being drafted. I think he actually might go higher than Brady Ebel did. It was their second round pick last year. Looks fantastic. He's at three or three new ones to the list. Juan Martinez, another guy, another young kid, seventeen eight year Oldkult doing the exact same thing. It just goes on and on and on. I mean, it's just remarkable what the Brewers are doing well.
Speaker 2: And you see the success of Churio okay, and you see Jesus Miday barely outed diapers at double A. You know who we will see probably next year. Okay. When you look at the success that they've had, yeah, you can't ignore or what by that. You have to look at it.
Speaker 1: Let me talk about the Let me talk about the best of the bunch, and that is Alexander Freeze fr Ias eighteen year old kid that if you're looking for the next Jesus my Day Jackson Cheerio following in that footsteps, it is hitting. I've got him at sixty eight. I think it's the first time he's been ranked. Just already and started off in the Complex League, hit four forty one and thirty two games. Moves to Hi a excuse he moves to low A after thirteen games. Already got a harm run, five stolen basis hitting two fifty, so I mean he's flatten out a little bit. This is a guy with all tooled up. Looks like he can hit even in hot in low way a seventeen percent strikeout rate, so wow. I mean, just go to the if you're trying to you're new to the Dynasya League game, don't know what to do. Just go the Brewers, the Dodgers, and the Nationals and start digging through the You'll do quite well just by grabbing some of those guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Thanks so much for bringing it today, Rich I I really appreciate it. I'm sure our listeners appreciate it, and again I am. I'm just overwhelmed by the sheer volume of work involved in this process. Typical cap do you a great job.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it was. It was a lot of fun. I appreciate our Patreon members being patient with me as my daily notes were a little light this week as I was finishing this stuff up, and I promise to get it till on Wednesday. Wound up on Thursday about noon. I got it out, but I just I wanted to get it done right. And look, I appreciate everybody's feedback so far. It is a it is a list, a living list, so it's one that will constantly be updated. But the next update will be shortly after the draft, so I'm already going to come up with an update with the players that were drafted slotted in, So look forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yep, sounds sounds good. Do you want to close with my waiver wire fixer?
Speaker 1: You want to pass on that one's give me a hitter.
Speaker 2: Give me a picture, Okay, I you're you're gonna like this because the hitter that I am recommending for this week major top one hundred list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was about to say if if he's if he's older than eighteen, I probably don't. I don't know what you're talking about, because that's all I've been spending my time on is looking at children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going with your number eighty ranked prospect who jumped up seventy three points in Hector Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love how Hector Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I God call me foolish, but he's making my waiverware this week. And I think we see how Hector Rodriguez shortly after the break. Okay, he's hitting for a ton of power. There's an opportunity in Cincinnati. I just think we're going to see Hector Rodriguez soon. Any elaboration on.
Speaker 1: My Yeah, he's had a really good season. He's a guy that has always been told up. He's never walked. He swings at everything. This year's actually sporting. Last I looked like a nine or ten percent walk rate, which is actually bleak average. I don't know if it's just a small sample size. He is still pretty aggressive at the plate, and he's very very young, so you know, but kids are coming up younger and younger. But that would be my only two worries because that's all I do is worry. I mean, otherwise they all but I mean my worry is is he going to hit it up? Hit it up? Because he's so aggressive and too he's awfully, awfully young.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Okay, that's my hitter. My picture is a blast from the past that has started the rehab process. He's got one game under his belt. You're probably looking at You're probably looking at I'll say second week of August. But don't let Jackson Joe. Don't let him if you got if you got room, find a spot for him.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good call for I had forgotten that he's getting close to return effect. I think he's had a couple of rehab starts, so good. How's he done? You haven't checked.
Speaker 2: I think he's only got one start done. He allowed and earned run. Uh when a knitting in a bit, the velocity was very close to triple digits, if not at triple digits, So you got to like that. Abe, there's definitely concerns, but let's face the odds or high they're going to move Scooble and the timing of Schooble and Drove being ready seems to sort of fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a shame that Joe got hurt because it would have been pretty phenomenal have both of those guys, along with the much improved Casey Mice. I wonder if he gets.
Speaker 2: Hey. I don't think you can rule anything out when it comes to the Tigers, they could get their an entire bullpen and the Mets. Those are those two teams. Yeah, all's fair in love and baseball. They there could be and should be a slew of players moved from those two teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One thing I have been watching and like shock is how well the Red Sox have played. I mean, they're they're almost editing. There are only three games out of the wild card spot.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and stories coming back that's not going to hurt their cause. And Bennett is just pitching. It might good, good point, but I can't get over how well Ben it's pitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's amazing that floor.
Speaker 2: I just tossed the dart there for the most part in the hopes that you know, not so much the blood, the extension and the control. And I picked him up cheap everywhere. And I'm smiling on both sides of my face about that pickup. That's it's a good coffee.
Speaker 1: I wrote about him because he got traded for a prominent prospect and it looked like who did he get.
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, might have been Yeah, so so prolyss has got the obviously the high end velocity, and they basically move because they thought he was a bullpen arm and prolesse had Tommy John surgery or pre surgery. I get a mixed up. He's back now, he's looking great, but it's gonna be tough to catch Bennett at this juncture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just just good stuff. Every once in a while, you just find one of those pictures out of nowhere, and jumping in early does paid dividends.
Speaker 1: So job looks like he threw thirty two pitches, fastball average ninety eight point eight, max at at one hundred point two. He didn't throw enough secondaries to really get a sense for anything, but I mean through hard.
Speaker 2: So nothing's wrong with the arm at least, no, no, nothing of the elbows intact A good thing.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing. That is a wrap to me. Thanks for helping me with this when an hour and a half. I appreciate you hanging in there with me, because when I.
Speaker 2: Get to talking my pleisure, my pleasure, rich I could.
Speaker 1: Talk all day about this crap. I mean, I just that's all I know. I mean, I just I just go on and on about that's what I do, all on on about these players. And it was it was a great exercise, a fun exercise. And again, I I know we pip out the patrons, but that's where Tim and I are monetizing our work, and I just encourage you to come out there. It's it's a good crew. I think the content we put out there is great. I go out to the Discord site a little bit. TAM's always out there and it's it's fun. I think TAM's got the fun aspect of of the role I got. I got to pump out content, but that's that's the way I got.
Speaker 2: I got. I've got to I've got the easy job because I don't have too much trouble with fun rights. That's sort of in my middle name. But no, it's a great group, a very knowledgeable group, and it's nice to see the level of participation. The only start comes from me and it's directed directed to teams and players and it's it's just a good, solid group of participants that lay love the game and have a lot of fun with it. So I'm really enjoying myself. And again, like you, I encourage people to get to get to that Patreon site, look at Rich's rankings, get the daily updates. You know. He my email inbox always always has one or two things each and every week. So rich we.
Speaker 1: Every day come on every day, I cramp out. Uh, So I gotta, I gotta, I gotta pay some attention to my fantasy teams. I'm gonna make sure first I've got all my guys and pitching and and hitting that I want so uh.
Speaker 2: But well, for everybody out there, uh uh, Wyatt has been activated. Language Yeah, put him in.
Speaker 1: I got him in last night, so I'm pretty excited he's going in. Yeah, Mike ye got him in my three leagues that I have him in. So I've been keeping up, I guess a little bit just to big stuff. But I I I'm glad we didn't do a traditional show. I have been doing a lot of prep time because I literally, I mean I literally haven't looked at wrote a wire, wrote a world in two weeks. Yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 2: I think? I think Jerry Jeremy Paine is supposed to be back today. Martinez and Martinez in Cleveland an outside shot, but definitely after the break. Uel Martinez, Yes, Angel Martinez and Vinnie p Is on the rehab assignment.
Speaker 1: I saw his name up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of lots of big names returning off of injuries. Just make sure that you get as many of them active as early as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ny has been a huge disappointment, even with healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a big, what a bum to me with that.
Speaker 1: I will let you go. I will talk. We'll talk okay on Sunday. Take care of everyone, do your be safe, be well.
Speaker 2: Okay, be safe. You will