Speaker 1: It's the Friday edition of The Minnesota Goodbye, and it's myself, Jenny and vont and Bailey.
Speaker 2: No David today, so he's having a good time in Vegas.
Speaker 3: I don't even feel bad, but he's not here.
Speaker 1: I think he just left today because obviously he was at Bailey's birthday party last night, so I can't tell. I feel like a lot of people will listen to the Minnesota Goodbye and not necessarily hear all of the show, so maybe do like a quick recapture You're party.
Speaker 2: It was really great was that Forgotten Star Brewery. The guy who was organizing everything, his name was Ben. He was really helpful and nice. I got their baller early, just set up. My mom brought all the decorations, which was lovely. The cake is from Sweet Needs Bakery which is in Farmington and it's k N e A d S.
Speaker 4: And you said it was I never got a chance to get a piece.
Speaker 3: I bite.
Speaker 2: You said it was really good. Yes, I had one bite and it was very good, so that was lovely.
Speaker 3: It was pink.
Speaker 2: I actually I also had two listeners spring cake, which was really lovely.
Speaker 3: And then let's see, obviously, like I know, super nice.
Speaker 5: Two different people both to separate cake. Yes, somebody asked me how many cakes are they, was like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, forget, don't forget our girl wan Nita.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the Crumble cookies. Oh my god, I totally forgot to think one eat on here. I'll get to it because those were also awesome, and people were like the second the freaking Crumble cookie box opened up, They're.
Speaker 4: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And then my favorite part of the whole evening was when the defeat of Jesse James Day's reenactors showed up. In my brain, I thought that they were male entertainers, and but I also knew in my brain that they were history buffs who had the outfit and were probably a part of like a family gang of people.
Speaker 4: Did you ask them, are you gonna like strip through?
Speaker 2: I was just like, just strip well taking all the pictures with them, Like people are like coming up taking pictures. So I'm standing there for a long time and I'm just holding them like they're I don't know, precious metals, Like oh, I'm holding them so close and their clothes are so soft, and so I'm just like, also, I just I don't get to hold a lot of men.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: So I was just like eating it up.
Speaker 2: But also it was it was funny because I felt like I was getting my picture taken with like the thunder from down Under and.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the vibe it was, I know, And I was just.
Speaker 2: Like, these men aren't They're not going to strip. They're not going to strip. That's not what they're They like history. So yeah, I I it was so awesome. I love them so much, and yeah, they were a fun time and I had so many friends come.
Speaker 3: And I think like.
Speaker 2: A part of and I don't Jenny, you might understand this, but like a part of my brain is like when I see my friends who are just my friend but they don't really know anybody else, I clock them and I'm like, they're here alone. Yeah, who do they know that I could potentially connect them with? Or who do I know that's really friendly that I can connect them with so that they have someone to talk to. And I did that like with all of my friends all night, where I'm just like, oh my gosh, there's Hannah. Hannah doesn't know anybody. So what if Hannah talked to Justin who's here by himself too, they might get along. I don't know, and I was just trying to like do that, but then also talking to listeners truly for three hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I met a handful of your friends and now I'm blinking on his name, but I met your friend who lives in Chicago. But then he helps with productions in them. Yes, yeah, and he had to like jut out pretty quickly or whatever, but I got to talk to him for a while and a few of your other friends, and I feel like because of you sharing your friends obviously on your Instagram story, Yeah, I knew who Justin was from like seeing him on your Instagram story, and like I was trying to also make like mental notes of saying hi to your friends, but then I had kind up in lots of conversations, so I never got a chance to say hi. But your mom like pulled me aside at one point and introduced me to a few more people.
Speaker 2: So I was like, yeah, Yeam was there and was so helpful the whole night. It just bossed her around.
Speaker 5: I love her improv coach friends. She came up to me and said really nice stuff. Yeah, so she was nice.
Speaker 6: Gee.
Speaker 5: There were some people I don't know if they were your friends or not, just because everybody just had great things to say about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just nice. Yeah, or like they probably weren't my friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they were. They were saying like good things about like you and I on the show. So I just I didn't associate. Oh this is Bailey's friend. I just remember your coach because she was just she was She's so lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's moving to Chicago.
Speaker 6: So I was gonna ask you this the other day. I feel like every week you're saying goodbye to one of your.
Speaker 2: Same I know, I know, it's just the like Kai Kai was recently moved back to Philadelphia, and then Janelle is moving to Chicago.
Speaker 3: But hopefully I don't have any more friends leave me.
Speaker 6: Well, Bailey, I hate to tell you.
Speaker 4: Are you leaving?
Speaker 6: No, we're not just going to be friends.
Speaker 3: Stupid. Okay, Yeah, it was a great day. I had a great time.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll happen again, which is fine because that was good enough for the rest of my life. And yeah, I think next year I'm just gonna go to the defeat of Jesse James Days for my birthday.
Speaker 1: It'll be an early birthday. It looks I want to go to something like that. Dude, did you guys ever watch the show Westworld?
Speaker 3: Yes, I watched the first season the.
Speaker 1: Same I think I fell off season two, but I watched the first season.
Speaker 4: Okay, so von.
Speaker 1: Basically, what it is is it's like this other world that is engineered to have the people look so real.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's like real people, like it's.
Speaker 1: Actors, but like they're robots, and so you get to like it's a pricey, pricey ticket. You have to be like rich basically to go visit this other world because it's like insane what they do, and so you go visit it and you can go like literally like have.
Speaker 4: Sex with women and like they're robots.
Speaker 1: Though we had this conversation on the show one time, like is it cheating if you're sleeping with someone from Westworld because like a robot? But no documut it for a while, but that was like my first thing because I always thought, Okay, I feel like if I had an opportunity to go to something like this, I would probably go to it because it but at the same time, I think I'd get scared because they actually do like real gunfights and it looks like they're actually dying and you get caught in the crossfire and back.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that was like my immediate thought when they walked in, and I was like, damn, I need to go to the actual Jesse, James and David.
Speaker 2: It's fun of me, but that does horn me up? You guys like, good god, well Western Shoot, let's do that bit?
Speaker 6: What horns Bailey up on Western?
Speaker 4: Western? Okay, let's get into some emails here first.
Speaker 1: It says, hey, guys, staff right or Kaylee here, just caught the Morning Show from a few days ago and just have to say when y'all got fired, I was fucking dying. My favorite part was when Dave got the boot by the HR lady and Jenny so casually goes, now play my jingle.
Speaker 4: That was absolutely.
Speaker 6: Just do it? You know?
Speaker 1: She says, I was actually laughing out loud, and then she puts a little like music emoji.
Speaker 4: Denny in the morning Zoo.
Speaker 1: It's like, girl, real talk though, that what's the weirdest reason you've actually seen someone get fired? Don't have to mention names, of course, but I love the lore and or if you could fire each of each other for something, what would it be? Oh, let's go get into that first.
Speaker 4: Vant. Do you know any weird reasons someone's gotten fired.
Speaker 5: I when I worked at Rita's, the Italian ice shop, there was this girl, her name was Jocelyn.
Speaker 6: She was terrible at everything she did.
Speaker 5: She would drop something and just stand there and look like are you gonna pick it up? She would give customers wrong orders, blase blat, but for some reason, my boss would not fire her. So the stupidest thing that she ever did, Like, that'd be like if we went on the radio and said like fuck shit, like all the seven words that were not allowed to say, yeah, and didn't get fired. But then one day I think she rang somebody up for fifty dollars instead of five, which is mild and compared to a lot of comparison to a lot of things she did, and my boss was like, yeah, you gotta go. So that'd be like if Bailey, if you went on the air and said all this words didn't get fired, but then you you forgot to load your mixtape game songs, right, it was like, sorry, Bailey.
Speaker 4: You're fired because you didn't load your mixtape.
Speaker 6: It's like what but whatever? And then what was the second part of the question.
Speaker 4: Let's see if you could fire. Well, let's go through this one.
Speaker 1: For so weirdest reason you've actually seen someone get fired, Bailey to.
Speaker 2: Go Yes, So it's not necessarily a weird reason because it's justified. But like for most of my life, I worked for the Minnesota Historical Society, and bitches don't fire anyone period. But when I worked at a liquor store right out of college, it was like my first job that I got. There was this woman who clearly got a job at a liquor store so that she could sample the product like throughout the day while she was there. So we did like free samples of things, so like if somebody was like, oh, I've really wanted to try that bourbon, and I'm like, oh, we already have it open if you'd like to try a sample, and we'd give them little bitty samples and tiny little cups, and that was just so we could sell the product. And this woman who I worked with would take these tiny little samples when no one was around just like start throwing them back and just get like I mean, she didn't get drunk or anything, but she would do it every single shift to the point where and I am a huge tattletale. So I was like, did you guys see that girl is like drinking here? And then they had like a talk with her and she's like, oh, yeah, yeah, I'll stop, I'll stop.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I was just trying it out so I could sell them better to people, like, girl, No, you weren't, No, you weren't. You were just you just got a job at a liquor store, you could drink on the job, get a job as a bartender.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 6: So weird?
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I think the only one I have, and I probably won't get all the details correct, is someone I used to work at with at Bubba Gump's, also worked at Dick's last resort at the Mall of America, And you know, they'd put those hats on you that say ridiculous things, and it was always something to make fun of you while he wrote something along the lines of like cum guzzler and put an arrow down or something like that. While the girl turned out to only be like seventeen, Oh my god, and she was celebrating with her friends posted pictures on social media. Her parents saw it and was like what the fuck? And like call Dix and was.
Speaker 4: Like, you need to.
Speaker 1: Immediately, and I honestly it probably didn't say cong guzzler. It was probably a little more I don't know, rated, not X rated, maybe a little more R rated than that, but it was something along those lines. And so and it it was just it sucks because he's a good person, he's not and also gay, so he is gay, so it's not like, you know, he was like.
Speaker 4: Trying to get.
Speaker 1: So I would say that that was probably the craziest reason that I know, but also he probably rightfully was fired, okay.
Speaker 4: And then her.
Speaker 1: Other question was if you could fire each other for something, what would it be. I'll start, Dave would absolutely be fired for not listening to us when we're trying to talk to him during a break.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about like what's going on next.
Speaker 1: He just gets so easily distracted and I will be trying to prepare him for what's coming up, and he won't look at me. And I know if he's not looking at me, he didn't hear me. And then Bailey and I look at each other and we kind of wait for the moment he does acknowledge that one of us was speaking. So I would probably say that for him.
Speaker 6: Are you gonna do all of us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess, because now I gotta think harder. Honestly, I've worked with Dave for so long, so that was easy for me to come up with you guys, it's a little bit harder. I would have to say that. I'm on the side of wanting to fire Vaunt for the his noise he does every time that we say his name. So whoever does not like that noise, I am on your side with that one.
Speaker 5: I don't even you asked me to say it one day after we address that, I didn't say it, and you were like, wine, you forgot your noise?
Speaker 4: Did I say that or did Bailey say that?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like okay, and it doesn't make me it doesn't make me like cringe or anything, but I could, I would say that's maybe the reason if I had to come up with one for you. For Bailey, Okay, don't oh no, don't be mad, but I okay, it's not your fault. It's not your fault, it's Dave's fault. Because I think a joke gets run into the ground too often, and Dave is the king of that, and so I feel like, I don't know how often moving forward, I can fake laugh at your noise of falling down the stairs.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that, don't get me wrong, But.
Speaker 1: Like after hearing it for the tenth time in a week, I'm kind of like, oh my god again.
Speaker 4: But like Dave loves love it. He's always like, all right, Bailey.
Speaker 2: Let's hear it. It's so But he's doing it because he like throw volleys to me, like go ahead.
Speaker 5: When he says that, you should be like, no, no, Bailey, I'm firing you for singing.
Speaker 3: Okay, just I don't even sing as much anymore.
Speaker 6: Well you don't.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that.
Speaker 6: Lyrics shuffle.
Speaker 2: Lyric shuffle that's where you're supposed to say crazyh that's because it's lyrics.
Speaker 3: It's lyrics shuffle.
Speaker 5: Dave, I would fire for never turning my mic on. Somebody asked me this last night at your party. Somebody was like, it's true, you sit in another room.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: Because they say that the reason is because I have to answer phones. I think it's because they don't like smelling my cologne. Yeah, we disagree, Jenny. What I fire Jenny.
Speaker 6: For a bit? I really don't know, no problems working with you, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, and once again, I don't have problems working with any of you guys either. I just had to come up with something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, damn is that But that sounds like now I have problems working with Bailey and Daves.
Speaker 6: No, it's not true. It's just easy to have targets for you guys.
Speaker 2: I would fire Dave for telling me that I'm hot all the time because that's weird.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, he'll stop that eventually, because I went through that phase with him too, but then I started to get sad and think I wasn't hot anymore because that he did stop doing I'm like, am I not? He would always say I started.
Speaker 3: I'm super self deprecating.
Speaker 2: So I'll be like, yeah, I'm feeling allugly today and he's like, Bailey, you're really hot, and he'll like It'll be like a weird it feels like a moment that's on, like you know, afternoon TV, Like.
Speaker 3: Bailey, how dare you say that about yourself? You're really hot?
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, uh huh. So i'd fire him for that. I would fire Vont for never resolving a sentence when he does this rate when he does this prerecorded stuff? Love yvont Jenny.
Speaker 6: I went on my weekend stuff. Yeah what I thought you were talking about?
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought you were saying, because sometimes when I do stirs the pot, a thought will just come to me.
Speaker 6: So no, no, there's one sentence and I'll move on.
Speaker 2: No, it's when you're doing your like voicetrack spots or whatever and you're like, hey, everyone's and I'm gonna tell you more about M and MS.
Speaker 4: Great and I love.
Speaker 6: Them a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, it drives me insane, but he knows that already, and the more I pointed out, the more he will change.
Speaker 3: And then I would not fire Jenny. Jenny is really good at.
Speaker 6: The top, the only one still employed.
Speaker 1: I did have someone come up to me last night and they're like, wow, you've really been through like so many changes on the show, and I was like, I suppose I have, Yeah, yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: I when sorry, you came just on that real quick. When you came back from wherever you went after the week. Me and Bailey were like guest hosting, I guess, and you were like, so what's new?
Speaker 6: And that was.
Speaker 5: Just such a strange time for all of us because Bailey and I didn't know what the fuck was going on, and you had just remember, you gave me like two days of trying to just show me everything you do.
Speaker 1: I do, and I was I was so overwhelmed myself because I feel like, even though this is Dave's show, it's also like my baby as well, and so I was like, I don't want it to suffer because I'm gone, And like I used to when like Steve was let go, I wrote out full descriptions of every single thing that Fallon and Dave had to do and cover for me, and it really honestly turned out to be like Fallon covering most of it, and so then I knew I was like still had those to give to Vaunt, But then I also was teaching him so many other things too, or at least trying to. And I felt so bad for you because you were still doing your night show, and I just, yeah, it was it was a strange time.
Speaker 6: At least Fallon was on the show, so she knew how it finks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I had just was thrown into Yeah, I had been a guest on the show maybe three times, so it was just like Okay, I guess look at us. Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just wrap this up real quick with Kaylee because we don't have a ton time left here. But she said, last question on my brain for the night, if radio wasn't a thing, what ridiculous job would you do instead? Just curious things for keeping it real on the morning show in Minnesota. Goodbye, always a good time, peace and blessings. That comes from Kayley Bailey.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I haven't worked in radio my whole life. This isn't this isn't my passion.
Speaker 3: That I set up for.
Speaker 2: But right before this, I worked in nonprofit education outreach, and so I really liked doing that. I love like programming education in general. I love all of that stuff. But I think my favorite job that I've ever had. You might think that I'm gonna say Disney World, but that's wrong. It was when I worked at the Oliver Kelly Farm and I was essentially a reenactor. Cool, but I got to dress up like it was eighteen sixty five and garden all day and I just grew heirloom vegetables and pulled weeds all day and talked about history.
Speaker 1: It was really like people would walk through and like ask you and yeah, well.
Speaker 2: They would walk through and I would grab them. Essentially, I'd be like, Hi, do you want to help me feed the sheep? Which was code for help me pull weeds, and then we'll put it into a basket and then you can go and.
Speaker 3: Feed the sheep.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really fun. I loved it so much.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, fond does it.
Speaker 6: Have to be? Like, can I still be in entertainment?
Speaker 1: Because she says a ridiculous job? So whatever your heart desires.
Speaker 5: Oh, I was gonna say TV, but that's not ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's something like a big dream, like some crazy big dream.
Speaker 4: You might not be qualified.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm not qualified for this, So I would be a meteorologist.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be a meteorologist. I want to be a late night host.
Speaker 5: But like I think, if we're going in the ridiculous vein, because I know nothing about science or the weather, so I'd be like, it's gonna rain cats and dogs and then cheese will fall from the sky like a comedy meteorology, and then it'll be and it's just just saying just whatever the hell I can pull out my ass love it.
Speaker 1: N I would definitely be something like outdoors the adventurous. I have never gotten into rock climbing, but I would love to be like a rock climbing instructor that like literally takes people up where you're just hooked in with some carabineers and some ropes and stuff like that. And honestly, I don't know if I actually would be able to do it because I am somewhat afraid of heights. But I would do something fun or like work in a national park just like hat.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 6: I would.
Speaker 4: I would. Oh, I would be to dine outfit of the day. Every day. It'd be the same thing and today except for like new ears or something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The funniest bit ever, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna change my answer. I'd be a kid's party entertainer so I can make the balloon.
Speaker 3: That was fine.
Speaker 6: I used to do that cut in candy sticks. They just wear a ridiculous outfit.
Speaker 1: Okay, really quickly, we'll get to one more. Because we've chatty today. We haven't gone through many emails. This comes from our lovely staff writer Bree. She says, I was a few episodes behind, but in the midst of catching up, I just have to say, I am just ticketed. Every time I hear the mention of me, Secretary Brie on the podcast, it makes me feel so special each time. I love being acquainted with the show in this way. Any who's a mctoozl. I saw a really great documentary recently, Amber the Girl behind the Alert on oh Amber Alerts? Yeah, oh, okay, on Peacock and it made me wonder day. Oh shoot, sorry, I didn't see that, you said, Dave, do you remember when the Amber alerts became a thing? He's not here, so I apologize. We'll ask him that when he comes back. Oh and one more thing. How to pick a good watermelon? You talked about this a week or so ago. So One, the bigger and darker the yellow spot, the sweeter it is, so go for more yellow.
Speaker 4: What I always avoid the yellow? Whoa, I never knew that, now you know? Okay? Interesting?
Speaker 1: And two, if it's heavier than it looks, that's a good thing too. But I don't know why I use those two factors, and I've never gotten a bad one yet.
Speaker 4: To talk soon. Love to you. All that comes from our lovely Secretary Brie. Ps.
Speaker 1: If you have a game day anytime soon. Anita participant. You let me know.
Speaker 4: Oh and happy birthday. Bailey birthday party was amazing and everything you hope for. You sure deserve it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we didn't get too many emails today, but we got to kind of wrap up. We appreciate it. There's more to come and Dave's going to be back on Monday, so feel free to send in more emails at ryanshow at KTIWB dot com And thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 4: ID