Speaker 1: And did you hear that? Come on, did I hear what that whistle? That's a Rinsol white whistle, and Rinsol means us. That's right.
Speaker 2: Rinso gets clothes, Rinsol white, and Rinsol presents the amoson Andy show. A young bride I knew took the cooking just like a shot. Her first lamb stew turned out sensational.
Speaker 1: Her cherry pies were delicious.
Speaker 2: But more and more her husband wanted to eat out. Why we had a pack.
Speaker 3: I dried the dishes and put them away, but he did the dish washing.
Speaker 1: Oh and no rinsol. No Rinso.
Speaker 2: We were using a slow poked bar soap.
Speaker 1: That is at.
Speaker 2: First, but then you found out about rinso eh.
Speaker 1: Now we eat home every night. Gosh, the biggest pile of dishes is done in way less time with Rinso SuDS in the dishpan.
Speaker 2: Yes, stubborn pots and greasy pans come shining clean in far less time. Rinso soapy rich studs are easy on your hands too. Try you Innso tomorrow and now I star Samous and Andy. Whenever Andy and the Kingfish go broke, which is most of the time, they manage to place the blame for their failures upon anything but themselves. But when the truth comes out, it's a bitter pill to swallow. And that's what they're swallowing right now, because they have asked Amos for an honest opinion of themselves.
Speaker 1: Fellas you ask for it, and I gon't tell you. First of all, both of you two are the lasest people I know. Look at you, Andy right now. You ought to be thinking of a way out you'll miss did a death. You're just sitting there with your feets up on the desk. Well, that ain't being lazy. I was thinking. I remember once I read in some medicine book that the best way to think is with your feets up in front of there, gazing into space. That might be the true vanner. But when you got your big feets up there in front of it, ain't much space left for gears in day. Well, go ahead, Amos, tell us what else is wrong with it? Number two is neither one of you has got no backbone. You don't stick to nothing. I bet it a last year you was in forty different businesses and every one of them went bankrupt. You never sees nothing through to a finish. Well, how much more of a finish can you have than bankrupt? Well, that ain't what I mean. I mean that neither one of you work hard enough to make a success or nothing. Remember this fella. Hard work never killed nobody, Amos. But sleeping ain't of a cause many casualties neither you know? Why don't you fellas face that both of you is lazy? You don't want to work, and you was chiselers. You was always trying to make big money out some scheme instead of finding out what you is fitted for and working at it. That's my advice, and I hope he takes it. So long, Bumm, goodbye, Amos. Fine friend, he is accusing us of being lazy, no good, chiselers and bums. How can he have the nerve to say them awful liars about us, even if there is true and history admitted. But I think Amos has got something there about finding what we are fitted for and working at it. Now, what training is we don't have? Let's figure let's start with school. Did you graduate from college?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: No, I was going to go to college, but something got in my way. Oh what was that? High school? Seems that they had a rule about first having to go to high school before you could go to college. How about you, Kingfis did you graduate from college? Well, there are two, brother, and I had to seeing trouble. You did. But having finished grammar school in high school, so I jumped over college, Uh, jumped over into what I took a post gradually course. Well what did you jump over from? Well, the first time, I jumped all the way over from the fifth grade into the post graduate. Then I found out what it was a little tough. There's or I jump right back again too, that I see. So you see and so far as our train, and that ain't fitting us so much, is it? Well, I spent three years in kindergarten. Don't tell me it was all a waste of time. Brother, And I've been thinking, I know it was one thing. I know that I was fitted for being a promoter. And now the thing for you to do is to concentrate on what you fitted for. Yeah, gets you started on the road to success, and then I promote you. You see. Oh yeah, but that leaves you sitting down with your feet on the desk and me doing all the work. And now you looking that the wrong we uh, let's look at it from the abstract from the what from the abstract? Now, I know you ain't gonna be ignorant enough to ask me what abstract is? Uh? I ain't uh uh, what is abstract? There you go? I knowed you was gonna be that eggre. Now open your ears and listen to him. Now I go explain it to you what the abstract is it is? Uh? You got your ears open there now. Yeah, but it ain't nothing coming out your mouth the abstract mean uh me? And well let's put it another way. Well, you ain't put it no way? Yes, yeah, Well, uh, let's forget the abstract. Let's look at it from the subjective, from the what I knowed it was coming. I know it. I can tell you about the especially on your face that that little word throwed you. Yeah, well explain that last word, Well, the word subjective, that's the world. Yeah. Now you ain't ask me what the subjective is it? Yes, I is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the abstract. Well what is abstrac abstract?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, now let me put it another way. You was here the aspect of another age? Oh sure, well it didin't nothing like that? No, Well, now he's getting someplace. Why can't you tell me that in the Postboy, well, I just see time is slaying the wait at the way. Hello, Henry, come in, Yeah, maybe you can help with you Henry. Hello, boys, I thought I would drop in for just a chat. I just sold a large insurance policy and I'm feeling very good. Oh just hold a big policy. Huh, Henry, would you mind telling me and and what you owe your big success to in the insurance business. I know I would be glad to. I feel that I can honestly say with all honesty that my success begun when I met and married the woman I now call missus van Porter. Hmmm, you ain't very familiar with you a vision king fish. Don't bust in that this is reportant. So you feel that you owe was your success to your wife? Eh? Henry? Yes, I owes it all to my dear sweet wife. If her disposition hadn't driven me out of the house, I never would have went to work. Hennah. The thing that me and Anna want find out the most is why what made you pick out the insurance business? Well, it all started during a particularly triumphed period of.
Speaker 2: My married life.
Speaker 1: It seems that my wife, who has never been very strong will had fallen into a rather annoying habit. No, what was that? Well, ever, time that I argued with her, she would break a vase over my heads. Eh have it like that? Would get can annoyed you? And to continue the repeated blows upon my head was beginning to cause some damage. Yes, she must have put some bumps on you. All right, I'll say she puts some bumps on me. In fact, it got to the point where I wasn't worried so much about the injuries to my head. I was worried about the injuries to my bumps. Had bumps on bumps though, Yeah, so natural. I came to the conclusion that I would take out some insurance in case my head became disabled. Yeah, so why Looking over the various types of insurance, I became so interested that right then and there, I decided to make it my life's work. Yeah, so that's how you got into it on Henry. Yes, that's right. Well, thanks for the chat boys, it's been very informative and co educational. Goodbye, long enough, goodbye. He Well, we didn't learn much from Henry about how to decide what we fitted for. Let's do the more thinking and I wait, a minute, Wait a minute, I ain't got no more time. Now I got a date to meet a new gall at three o'clock. Hey, what about the girl you supposed to me to two o'clock? Well, I was too busy to meet her. How come by one o'clock Gall wouldn't let me go. Sun. When it comes to women, you really know what you're say. Wait a minute, I got it, and I got it. God, what what you was fitted for? And if there's any training you has done had, it's been with women and romance. If anybody could give tips to lovesick gal and fellas, you is the one. Andy. Look here, we is opening up a clinic two dollars a visit, just like a doctor, only you give advice to the love stick. We'll put up a sign saying advice to the love Stick by Andrew H. Brown BS. Well what is that? Bs? Fuck? A bachelor of smooching? Andy? Look here, I going right over and see Gwndell at the news. Tap and put the ad in and we'll start the clinic. Great Kingfish, I'll go and call on Shorty and make him my first customer.
Speaker 2: Domestic night to the C Quartet singing don't fence me in.
Speaker 4: Oh, give me lane, lots of land on the star skies a ball. Don't face me. Let me ride to the wide open country alone.
Speaker 1: Don't fans me in.
Speaker 4: Let me be by myself in the evening breeze.
Speaker 1: Listen to the murmur of the cod woo tree. Send me off forever, but usc please.
Speaker 4: Don't fence me, Just turn me, n me the westerns guy.
Speaker 1: My time.
Speaker 4: You let me.
Speaker 1: T see the mountains.
Speaker 4: Right Ah, I want to ride to the ridge where the west commence gazz after moon until I lose my senses.
Speaker 1: Look at harmles.
Speaker 4: Fence.
Speaker 1: Shortly before I tell you the reason I dropped over to sea, do you mind if I asked you a puzzle question?
Speaker 5: Right my no, and go right ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, uh, shorty, tell me this is you. Ever been suggled up to a gal, your arms around each other, your faces snuggled up close to each other, and then all of a sudden you say the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: Let me see the last time I was with a girl, even snuggling on the back port. No, we even snuggling in the front step, We even snuggling in the even snuggling on the shore.
Speaker 3: I've never snuggled.
Speaker 1: Well look here in that kid, Shorty, I ad just a fellaw you need I look for two dollars, I can get you on the road to happeness, romance and better snuggling. Shorty, I has just become a love doctor.
Speaker 5: Excuse men, did you say love doctor?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's right.
Speaker 3: Uh you mean that there's a Quan novel.
Speaker 1: That stun Listen, you don't get it, Shorty, I mean for a two dollars fee, like a doctor, I learned you how to handle women and what to say so they'll fall in love with you, maybe even married marrying. Yeah, that's where my service comes in handy, Shorty. Without me helping you, you might get a wife that'll talk your head off and nag at you all the time instead of getting the other kinds.
Speaker 3: And and you mean there really is another kind?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, show there is, Shorty. Listen here. You know the coat and the woman is just like tryding the dog. You got to know more than the dog.
Speaker 5: Ya you right about that? And the other I know couse I came to Airdale one you did.
Speaker 1: How did it work out? Oh? Fine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was inside of the week. All that dog had to do with just bark runs and i'd sit right up, shorty.
Speaker 1: I can see where you were certainly the type that would let a woman wrap you around her little finger. You need my service more than I sunk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess that does.
Speaker 1: Listen, shorty, you've become a customer, and I guarantee you that in no time you'll be taking out gals as pretty as well as pretty as that Lucy Green that I was trying to get a date with. She is really hard to date up. Boy, every guy in town has been trying to get a date with her and can't do it. Lucy Green is awful pretty. Yeah, well, how about starting that service with meet tonight, shorty? No, I can tonight.
Speaker 3: And tonight I gotta visit my hand. I mean, I gotta meet my brother, and I'm taking my sister. My uncle is coming to my plea, and I've got a date with Lucy Green.
Speaker 1: Brother. And to me and fred Gwydale, here's got a great idea, Yeah, well sown, Yeah, we sure wears And and now are we gonna tell you about it? Yeah? What is the idea? Well? Now look here, and instead of you giving hints to the love sick people in person, why can't you do it through the newspaper where I works write a column? You mean me write of love? That's right. And and now look here, this column is gonna be called love Hints to the love Sake. But you ain't gonna write it under your own name. Yeah, you see, Andrew, you are going to write it under what we calls in the writing profession a nominal diplom Yeah. And and that look here, you're gonna write the column under the name of Juliet Heart. Yeah. And the reason for that is and it cause most of the people the rest columns like that is women. So we gotta make you a woman too. Oh, I'm gonna be Juliette Hart. Yeah. Now now look here, let's go over and see the edits at Fred's newspaper. Fred done range for the meeting. All we gotta do is to convince him that, you know, is the subject of love from one end to the other. Now, we got to convince him that up till the time that you become Juliet, you was Harlem's big as room. Ill. And you say that, mister Brown here is familiar with all the faces of love and romance. Oh yeah, mister Henderson, this boy really know his love stuff, all right. His experience dates way back to Yeah, they sure do. Yeah. While even as a mere child, mister Henderson eight years old, the girls was mad about him. You know that kissing game post office where a girl asks a fellow to deliver two letters in the package, which means two kisses in a hug. Yes, well, Ander was known as the Christmas rush. Yeah. After the first two post office parties, I done winter, My mama marked me handle would care? Well? You certainly started in young mister Brown's Oh yeah, and not only that, mister Henderson, the boy has kept up study in about women's right through the years. Or he agreed, lover they call him Kalls the blank of Brown, that's what it calls. Oh yeah, yeah, I has done made it my life's work, if you could call it work. All right, boys, it's a deal. Good. The column will start in the newspaper tomorrow. Did you say it will be written as a woman under the name of Julie Hart. Yeah, but please make out my paychecks in the name Andrew H. Brown. I want to wear pants when I go to the bank.
Speaker 2: Say, folks, remember that bride I was telling you about a while back. Well, you know when she got married, she loved everything about her home, loved taking care of it. Remember I told you how she loved to that's fun. And she loved to. Oh, I've made a lot of things. The only thing about the whole setup that she didn't like, absolutely hated Yes, wash day, That is until she found out about Rinso.
Speaker 1: What a discovery.
Speaker 2: First thing she found out was how easy Rinso makes wash day. As little as a ten minute soaking in those Sophie rich SuDS, plus a few light rubs on extra soil places and they're ready to rinse, no trick at.
Speaker 1: All, easy as a breeze. And then there were the results, in.
Speaker 2: A word, wonderful. Her trousseaul, linens, towels, sheets and table.
Speaker 1: Claws, and my husband's shirts. Of course, all.
Speaker 2: Her white wash came out of that Rinso washing, dazzling rinsol white, and every pretty printed apron, all her gay colored cottons, finest washable colors came out of that Rinso washing. Sparkling Rinso bright stayed that way too safely through dozens of Rinso washings. No wonder our bride spends wash day singing happy little wash day song, ladies.
Speaker 1: Why don't you change to Rinso now come in, kink fish, come in. Yeah, well, how's my cute little Juliet this morning? Oh? Cut it out? Yes, I see you've got a big stack of maile of letters there, callum going great in it. Yeah. The only thing is all the readers, thinks I as a gall Yeah that's what the supposed thing. Love instant of love sake by Julie at Heart, sweet name. You've got there all kingfish. But look here with one gal done sent me in appreciation for the advice I give a pair of silk stockings. Get a pair of silk stockings, though if he wants to put them on, honey, I'll be glad to turn my back here or cut out that talk, William Kingfish. Okay, and it just kidding, just kidding. Well, look I gotta get out of work here. Let me see who this next letter is. Yeah, read a letter here, say, dear Juliet Heart, I would like to get a steady boyfriend. My mother thinks I'm very attractive, but I've heard through another party that the boys say I am not attractive. What do you think I am? In closing, a full length snapshot of myself, signed hopeful. Let me see the picture and it is m.
Speaker 2: Show us the funny poose for a picture.
Speaker 1: What you're doing there? Standing in them two satchels? There them as her feet? Let me look again? You know I thought them were satchel. No, No, there's feets all right. If she ever go in a hotel lobby, you gotta keep walking because somebody laughing flat from labels on them. Uh tell me, kingfish, what do you think of her figure? Well, certainly differing or anything. Yeah, she on the heavy side. And I'd say she weighed twenty more pounds than Madam Queen. What would that make her weigh k V? Well, let's figure it out with simple arithmetic. Twenty pounds moving Madam Queen and Madam Queen we and I think we're getting up in the trigonometry here something. Yeah, forget it. The important thing is her face anyhow. Yeah, that's my roommance face. Oh, let's analyze her face. Yeah, let me get a picture in the light chair and get a good look at it. Yeah, the light don't help it none. Just look at them eyebrows, you got the Yeah? Them was the bushy's eyebrows. I don't ever see it. Yeah, they is kind of thick, ain't they. Yeah, I guess every time she kisses the fellaw he gets dusted off at the same time. Yeah, well, I'm going to write this gallon fella that I didn't get her letter. Yeah, that's the way to handle it. Anny, Well, I gotta get on over to the lodge. Oh, I'll see you later. So long, Yeah, so long, so long. Now let me see this letter. Yeah. Hello, Could I speak to mister Brown that writes a Juliette Heart column? I'm speaking this is Juliet Heart. Oh fine, mister Brown.
Speaker 2: I'm the fashion editor does a newspaper, and.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be a good idea to give Juliet Heart's advice on fatians and dress in my column. Yeah, be glad you got a patent pencil there.
Speaker 6: Oh, I can take it in shorthand you go right ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, start off by saying, wait a minute, wait a minute. Oh hello, Andy, Yes, I've been out of town for a week. Yeah, well, said down, Gabby said, I'm talking hello, Go ahead, anything about clothes, address it? Okay, let's see. Now we has got to be up to date and everythink, for instance, I personally won't wear nothing but the kind of shoes with the toes sticking out from the front, open told shoes. You show getting fancy an you shoe getting fancied? Go right ahead, I'm getting it. Yeah. And on account of only wearing open toed shoes, I always have my peticure gal put red polys on my toenails. I feel it makes them much more attractive. Sat. There's been a lot of changes right here in the last week. Anything just a minute, Gabby, go right ahead. We must also pay a lot of attentions to our hair dudes now to give you idea what the latest thing is. I as going to the beauty shop today. I never thought that of you ending And I'm gonna have my hair fixed in a beautiful upsweep with roses pinned on one side and a big run the stone ornament pinned on the other. This I gotta see. Oh that's fine, mister bram.
Speaker 2: Is you gonna wear that stuff over under your dearbay?
Speaker 1: Uh you think that's enough, Well, that'll be just a bad right, Thank you very much, goodbye, goodbye, and you're gonna be the sweetest man in town. Listen, Gabby, since you've been gone, I was writing a love column for the newspaper, and I was supposed to be Juliete Hart. Oh I see, I see.
Speaker 2: That really explains a few things that hadn't eat puzzles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm answered my mail. Now, look a here, I'll joy you. Here's a letter. Let's see what this one is, signed broken heart. It's say, dear Juliet, I haven't seen my sweetheart for over two weeks. He promised to marry me and then never came back to see me again. I'm all broken up about it and haven't been able to sleep, eat or work. What shall I do? Ogeronhauder, Boy, that's a tough one. What would you do, Gabby?
Speaker 6: Well, that's a lawyer. That's a lawyer. I would advise her to student superman for beach. You promise, that's indeed, reach your promise. Yeah, reach your promise. That's what I'll do.
Speaker 1: After all.
Speaker 6: That's a very serious thing, fair serious thing.
Speaker 1: That's a violation of the Banking Commission. The banking commission, How are you figured?
Speaker 6: Very simple and very simple. He refused to marry when she was banking on it. That put her out of commission. That's banking Commission to five head.
Speaker 1: Well, and now I'm so happy you're making a success out of this column you got in the newspaper. Oh yeah, AMA's the thing been going over two weeks now, and there's a big success. I was making thirty five dollars a week. Oh that's great. And yeah, well, I better get back to this attack of letters. Yeah, they're coming in like wildfire. Oh yeah, you got a lot of them there. All right, you better get busy and answer to them. Son, Yeah, let me look through them. Yeah that's you, you know, amos. This is the first time in my life I done never had a job that I like. It's the first time I've ever been out of trouble making good money, and I ain't got nothing to worry about. Oh. I'm so glad to hear that end. I'm proud of you. Oh yeah, hey, wait a minute, here's another letter from that misbroken heartedt uh yeah, Gabby help me answered the first one. Yeah, I think I told her to super breach your promise or something like that. Yeah, we see. Anyway. Say here, dear Juliet, you will never know how much I appreciate you writing me about my boyfriend who promised to marry me and walked out. I have talked it over with my family and they agree with you. Yeah, you sure know your stuff already in oh yeah, then she going to say, here, Juliet, dear, thank you again, and I am taking your advice today. I am starting to breach your promise suit against Andrew H. Brown.
Speaker 2: Amos and Andy will be back in just a moment. What a combination your washing machine and Sophie rich Rinso with as little as a five minute run per load, they'll get your clothes rinso white and rinso bright. Next time, make it a Rinso wash day and whistle while you wash.
Speaker 1: Rinso, Happy little wash day, so rinso fit, study sing it all day long. Your clothes are so white and the color so bright. You sing as you work along, Rinso white, Happy little wash day, soul.
Speaker 2: And here are amoson Andy, Ladies and Jim.
Speaker 1: The horrible disease of infantile paralysis must be stamped out. It can strike anywhere. The rich and the poor like join the March of times. Help the fight against this dread disease by sending as much money as you can to the White House, Washington, DC. Be sure to be with us.
Speaker 2: Again next Friday evening at this same time when the makers of Riso will again present the amos and Andy shall and you'll hear more about Andy's breach of promise suit. This program is broadcast to our armed forces all over the world. This is Harlow Wilcox saying good night to all of you from all of us and reminding you, ladies that the used fats you save in your kitchens are helping to shorten the war. They go into vitally needed ammunition, essential military medicines, important military supplies. So keep saving waste fats, strain them, and turn them into your butcher regularly. You'll get two red points and four cents for every pound you turn in. Say try Life Boy in your next Hubber shower. You will go for that swell Life Boy ladder. It's mild, efficient and refreshing. But Life Boys more than a great bath soap. It's the soap that's made especially to give all over lasting protection against v OH. Don't take chances. Use Life Boy. It's the only soap that's especially made to stop be
Speaker 1: OH.