Speaker 1: Do you really want to leave with these idiots? I'm afraid so. But I cleansed you of your evil. I had a little left between my toes. It quickly multiplied and now I'm a bigger bestard than ever. But I must know what was it about me that made you try?
Speaker 2: Because I've killed so many rich white men, I thought i'd do right by at least one.
Speaker 1: We're not so different. You and I get your skinny ass out of here. Four finger discounted to this the podcast where we get curbs on because this is what we hit to review American History accident.
Speaker 3: I'm Dander and I am god. Oh yeah, thanks for bringing back fond memories of American history. X.
Speaker 1: We had to do a score report on that movie. We have to watch it at school in year ten, and yeah, it changed me, I imagine.
Speaker 3: So this is a movie that has not just probably the most brutal and vivid curb stomping and you don't even in actually really see the curb stop here, also has a bunch of prison rape in it.
Speaker 1: That's uh wow. Stuff to show the year tens, The Simpsons, everybody in American History excellent. There's no curb stomping or a prison rape in this episode. However, No before we get into our review of this episode, THO, I've got some news. I'm no longer married to an English girl. Wait what? No, wait what, I'm married to an English Australian. She did a citizenship. Oh I think it was Australian. Now, well, according to the opposition, she's part of the problem, all the immigrants. Yeah, I knew it was him. Congratulations for being now part of Australian Yeah's. And she says it felt weird because nothing really feels different, but now she has to. It's like that she care about she must vote because in Australia, you must vote. You want to pay the fine. We get a sausage. Yeah, we get a snag. Yeah, of course, democracy sausage. She's also now several jobs that she wanted to go for, but she couldn't go for them because she wasn't the citizens and jobs and so you got me take it more of our Australian money. Yeah, give it a roof over my head, allowing you to.
Speaker 3: Keep talking about the Simpsons and other fine progrems.
Speaker 1: First things first, this episode a lot better than last week. Correct, Yes, holy Mully, Oh yeah, if you've listened.
Speaker 3: To our episode about the Greatest Story ever old, well, you'll know that neither Dando nor I were fans.
Speaker 1: But American History excellent, look a little better. It's still it's got its problem. Certainly. I've got here an upgrade from last week, not saying much a good point. Yes, anything better than rock Bottom is an improvement, but we're slightly up for rock Bottom here. The thing is, I've done it a lot recently, parroting stuff that is so dated in a sense of like so Parry the Green Mile and the short shat redemption in this right eleven years after Green Mile came out, where people still talking about Green Mile, I feelt maybe the visual of on coffee maybe, but I just don't think people really cared about the Green Mile by twenty ten, not as much.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean shaw Shank has really got staying power. The Green Mile, of course, is another Frank Dreblant movie based on the Stephen King book.
Speaker 1: I think The Green Mile has more staying power than Shawshank, to be completely honest, really yeah, I think everyone. I think, as someone who grew up in the nineties, I have more knowledge of you know, the big dude, what's his name? Michael Clark, Michael Clarke, Duncan from the Green Mile. You know, than I do anything from Shawshank. Really, I love Shawshank, but I don't think as a kid from that era, Okay, I have any sort of that's interesting because yeah, I mean I don't look it up at the rain. That's the visual, sure, but I mean shaw Shank was not hit at the time. It wasn't. No, not all well.
Speaker 3: I mean it's burned with a fairly sort of unwieldy title. The stars names but not necessarily movie star names. I think it really sort of helped put Morgan Freeman on the map in a lot of way.
Speaker 1: Really, I was wondering that because I watched Unforgiven for the first time the other day, right that one's best film? Did it? It did? Yeah? How what I liked it? I was just like, oh, this was best film of the year. I don't know. It just felt very by the numbers. I think a lot of it had to be slow and well the dialogue felt clunky. Oh no, not to.
Speaker 3: Me, And I think to some people, yeah, some people slow as and other people sort of deliberate and measured.
Speaker 1: I think another thing is it was you know, I'm like, I know where this is going, so can we just get okay? Yeah, I didn't enjoy the journey as as much as I thought I would. It's interesting. I'm a huge, huge fan of Unforgiven. I love it.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's one of the Eastwood's best And it also came to a time when I wouldn't say Eastwood's sort of.
Speaker 1: Career was on the decline.
Speaker 3: But he had a rough sort of late eighties even total eighties, and this was regarded as he's going back to the cowboy. Well, but he's viewing it from a different active, and there's a lot of talking about revisionist Westerns when it's kind of like, oh, it used to be all cowboys and in his white hat and black hats and all that, and its kind of like the old West was kind of murky and muddy and morally gray and and pretty violent, and Eastwood was kind of subverting all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So I think that's why. I don't think that's the only reason they got best picture, but I think it was a bit of a you can borrow my four cave you like, sure, I can have it. It sounds like, oh, why were you talking about I don't think it was sure Shank and just Morgan Morgan, Morgan free My point was I was like, was Morgan Freeman a star when he was younger?
Speaker 3: No, because he worked for years and years and years. Yes, just as a working actor. He made a movie in the late eighties called Street Smart. This is really interesting because it was a Christopher Reeve sort of movie and he only he only did Superman four. So the company that bankrolled it, he said, you have to also have to make this movie street Smart, where he plays like this this journalist who's written this huge story about Oh, it's about a pimp in the streets, except he made it all up because he couldn't find a pimper. We talked to him and then this real life pimp, his sort of story coincides with it's Morgan Freeman, and he's fantastic and.
Speaker 1: He's so good it's absolutely terrifying. And he was like, well, this guy's pretty good. That's why they have At the start of Laura order the following story, it's not to picked any actual person. Can I I'm sorry I'm doing stories within stories here, but this just struck me as extremely funny. It's very online, but it was very, very funny. Are you aware of someone called Club Vicula? Are you online enough to know about this person? No, okay, this is someone who's called a look Smaxer's like he's like an influence. He's this young dude.
Speaker 3: He's like, all I care about is looking hot, and I'll do whatever it takes.
Speaker 1: He went bored, had fake hair that came off. I don't know that's the guy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, he's like to get better cheekbones. Do these things called microfraction. You hit yourself in the in the in the cheek with a hammer and you get these micro refractions. That makes you it makes your even sharper.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: He recently he recently went to court for something and the judge overseeing his case was this really sort of handsome, middle aged dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are you going with this? Okay, let me try. Here's clivicular. Yeah, this young dude. Here's the judge who was overseeing. What does you have to do with Morgan Freeman. It has to do with law and order. There was this great tweet that said, in the looks backching justice system, mog Baker fenses are considered especially No, no, it just made me laugh because there's this new tom called mogging. You heard that. I'm trying to keep up to date with the kids. If you mog someone means you sort of overpower them by your own charisma or something like that, or by all your own prowwares. It's like, oh, man, you guy totally moggeddand on that podcast with his knowledge of zeppooned stunted on someone or something like that. Anyway, but yeah, Lauren Order and where we were talking about Lauren Order because I was saying, how oh yeah that depiction especially heinous. Yes, but yeah. Then I think a couple of years after that did Driving Miss Daisy, which turned out to be a huge hit as well, and it was like, we like this Morgan Freeman guy. But it wasn't until the nineties, but I think Shorwhank was one of the one of the first movies that sort of had him above the title as a star. Okay, yeah, I'm begiveven was certainly one of those. Yeah, Morgan Freeman, what a man, what a guy? A man? Indeed Shure Shank, yes, but Shaw Shank was I don't know, sixteen years It's always become a bit of a running gage on the footy record. They would have like profiles of football players and they would have like various questions about what's your favorite food, what's your favorite whatever? And favorite movie? Eight times out of ten was like Shawshank. Really yeah, in the next movie, just a Blokes movie. It's like one of those movies. It's like, so I go, so I got to crime Matus shaw Shank.
Speaker 3: It's like Tominated too well yeah, or Fiel The Dreams, good Will Hunting I Am.
Speaker 1: I used to always confuse it with the Castle, so I'm like, oh, James got off. He's not the warden. He's a warden in the Castle. Oh, the Last Castle, Last Castle, the Castle, the Last Castle. Yeah, not telling me his dream And no, no, no, I don't know that he's the warden in that one. Here's here's the way, easy way to distinguish those two. Shawshank. Redemption is a good movie. The Last Castle is a bad movie. Is it really? I don't think it's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I ever liked it when I was younger. Okay, okay, Greenmand was apparently a huge hit.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's Greenma was a huge hit. Yeah. Yeah, but it's a movie I really really like. I don't know. The thing is, though, I'm watching this, and the story is that Burns goes to prison because for reasons of whatever, he's still stolen art and stuff, right, he goes to prison, So he's in prison. Yeah, this felt like they were more focused on trying to parody prison film films than actually tell a story. That is kind of the case.
Speaker 3: It's like we're taking a bit from Georghank, we're taking a bit from Green Malin, and we're taking a bit from American History X.
Speaker 1: It's did I take anything of American History X? Besides the title?
Speaker 3: I think it was just I'm trying to remember because it's been a while since i've seen it. But I thought that Edward Norton stops being a Nazi because he's befriended by a black guy in prison.
Speaker 1: That's just a green mile, isn't it not really Coffee?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's very that's very green mile. And the big black guy is supposed to look like John Coffee played by Michael Clark duncan rest in Peace. I'm pretty sure that American History X has Yeah, he's converted by a black eye.
Speaker 1: Whether it's to do with religion or Christianity or whatever. I'm not undertentual, but I think that's the reference because I was, Yeah, why would you call it American history excellent when there's no American History X stuff in it? I don't know. I think that's it. But the thing is, there's three there's three stories in this episode, two of which in particular, could have been fully fledged episodes. Right the Smither's becoming the boss of the power plant, that's an episode in itself. Yes, there was so much you could have doved into the prison, Smithers runs the power and you have the side story of Bartley's with the knot cut that out that didn't need to be cut it out entirely. I didn't like it. I did not like it. Yeah, there was something you could have worked with there, but it just wasn't executed very well. Here my theory was with the Bart and Lisa one, you could have done more of it. For example, when it first happens, maybe Bart is not sympathetic towards the ants, and it's a way of Lisa teaching but empathy towards animals. And also maybe you could have had like, you know, they have rival ant farms something like that. Right here, they're just sort of looking after this little ant and then they spend a wholesode looking after it, release it to be free because I was about to die and the doctor just eats it up.
Speaker 3: They're doing this a bit recently, kind of just humor that if you want to be generous is like, oh, that's a bit dark and subversive.
Speaker 1: Was like, now, that's just mean spirited. I touched on a little bit in the last episode with the Jerusalem visit, but this one was felt more so. There was just lots of random short scenes right that ended with a random gag that really had nothing to do with the story and didn't progress the story. So I was like, why these gags here? Tell me more. The big one for me was Grandpa. Oh yeah, and he has like the dream of his I'm not in my mind im and then he has a dream of him in a cage, and I was like that didn't further the story. It didn't need to be there. It's like, why are these random things here that they're not They're not, are you? Like the Parker and the Stony thing. Everything needs to happen, needs to be furthering the story. Sure, why are we just throwing in these random Well, like I said in the previous episode, this is in our previous episode when we were talking about the greatest story of but No, I said that this episode I think has just got a really strong foundation, a really interesting van. Burns in prison could have been a great story. I think, Yeah, him letting the prison life and realize he's being humbled, Smithers being corrupted. Yeah, it almost gives you a bit of pove thought. It's like, what was Burns always bad? Or was he sort of corrupted by power? Why does Smithers? Why do we never have Smithers visiting Burns in prison?
Speaker 3: That's good point, Like, that's a very good p Yeah. Cut out all the an farm ship so any of that, No, no, and have like Smithers visiting Burns less and less frequently. It's been two weeks. You haven't come up because I'm running the planet, you know, and you see me. He looks a little more flash every time. He's like the last time I see him's like got gog chains or something. I think that could be really interesting.
Speaker 1: My theory was he could have had Smithers at first being a pushover, and he goes to visit Burns in prison and ask for advice on how do I control these guys? How do I make them fear me that they fear you? And then he gives Smithers the advice, and then all of a sudden, Smithers stopped visiting now because now Smith doesn't need him anymore. Correct the Smither's characters always needed Burns. So if it felt odd to me that from the first, from the get go, he was like, I'm going to be the boss that everyone wanted, not like mister Burns. I'm like, you worship this guy. Your whole character is the fact that you fucking love him. You do it, you die for him. So why are you now now You're the boss? Be everything he wasn't? Well, that's sense, does he he loves mister.
Speaker 3: Burns, but does he respect mister Burns's way of doing things. It's kind of like, you know, hate the hate the player, not the game, or something along those lines. I mean, I kind of like the idea of like him thinking, oh, there are ways that this could run more efficiently, could run better, you know, we could make money but still be a good work. And then it turns out all these workers are dickheads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we don't see Yeah, that's true. We don't see enough at the power plant of we see one like town meeting of him saying I'm gonna be a better boss, and then it's just them most saying you're a great boss. Smithers. He goes outside for a phone call, which is the most cliche thing ever comes back in over here. Is that Smithers guy? Hey, what he's such a pushover? It's like that is the most basic it really storytelling ever. Yeah, I was. I was a little disappointed, Yeah, which I mean a lot disappointed. Yeah, the Smithers in control of the power plant could work as his own story. Having Burns go for some other reason besides because Burns in Prison should have been a full length episode in itself. Absolutely that you could have had Burns realizing I'm not in control here. I don't have the power. I can't tell people what to do. Yes, the work is way up the chain. And that's when the Michael Clark Dougling Carriacter John Coffee says, I need to stop this guy. He's becoming too evil. That's yeah, Yeah, that's having become the shot caller in the prison, and then and then he tries to save him as opposed to just going because he's not calling any sh that would be I watch a whole Simpsons movie about that it or watching like a two part episode of him going to prison and just make it like Oz yes, and just become there's weedy old man who's just like sheer, cunning and manipulation, becomes the most powerful player in the Jay Yeah. And then but John Coffee is the one guy he can't get to. Yeah, and then John Coffee makes him realize he's been a bad person. Correct, that's wild. That's would you watch that episode? We'd watch it.
Speaker 3: We should write it, but eventually I pour writing before though I want it's something I want to talk about a little bit. I mean, I've written down here this is poorly written in terms of that scene where it's like I'm a kid, doesn't even have anything or does everything.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to it. This guy is such a dickhead, such a loser, blah blah blah. That was poor. That was not great.
Speaker 3: But even at the start of the episode where you're all working at my fourth of July thing, his I've wrote down what is wrong with Burns's villain here. And I'm not saying, hey, what's wrong with It's not all bad. I'm just saying, why is this not sticking? Why is this not landing for me?
Speaker 1: Is it too overblown?
Speaker 3: I mean it's degrading enough that he's getting all these people to come work on the fourth of July for no money. You don't have to all put on a show for me, you know, put on this grand musical extravaganza or something. It's just like, just come and do menial labor for me. I think that would resonate with a lot more people, and it would sort of make Burns' villainy more vivid.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? Because the Burns, the Burns we grew up with, right, the Burns from the Golden era, wanted to spend his list less time with the employees as possible, even hated doing Employee Night of the Year or whatever you didn't want to be there. He would not want to spend his Fourth of July with his employees doing even though doing shit for him. He's like, I want no one here, leave me alone. Yeah, or okay, it's make this a story. It's my turn to host the Fourth of July party for you know, the billionaire Coalition or whatever.
Speaker 3: Fine, and yeah, you're all coming to work for me, you know, to do it. Make it working stiffs versus one percenters kind of do where it's like people are just throwing food over their shoulder and hitting home in the eye with a half eaten cupcake or some ship like that. I don't know, I'm just thinking of a story here. Have there's an episode where it's Fourth of July and the fireworks abandoned Springfield. I feel like Sheennigan's coming suit with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do something about that. The beer baron, but the fireworks baron. Yeah. I'm just watching this going there's too much happening in this one, and nothing's actually being fleshed out. Too much and not enough. Nothing like the whole Burns prison. There's nothing to it. So he goes to prison for a reason. That's because he stole it. Apparently that's a real thing. Apparently that art was actually stolen from the Boston Museum and lud just randomly knew that. But they went there to arrest the three guys for ruining his house. And they don't arrest the three guys for ruining his house that has arrest burns. He gets taken to prison, and then he immediately is like, I'm going to pick my sorority because apparently he's a oblivious idiot, he doesn't understand that prison has the gangs. Which sorority would I choose? And then and then John Coffee is like he's mine. I'm like, why damn? What is going on here? Why? And then by the end of it is like, no, I still had some evil in between my toes, so I'm still an evil bastard. And I'm like, so, what was the point of any of this? There was none. There was none. And it ends with John Coffee with fat Tony you were mentioning dark gags. I thought it was going to end with him going the delightful guy back in prison, right, and him going telling a story and pans out and he's actually sitting on the electric chair about to be ax. I thought that's where they were going, you know, that's the Green Mile. Actually it is I'm Afraid of the Dark.
Speaker 2: Boss.
Speaker 1: Is that when he says I'm afraid the dark? The Dark? Heartbreaking? Yes it is. Yeah, it was a really good movie. Yeah, but yeah, this one here seems to be a recurring thing, lots lots of potential untapped. Correct, he my favorite. Did you have any favorite moments from the episode?
Speaker 3: Look, there were one or two lines in here that were reminiscent, as we like to say, reminiscent of classic Simpsons. I liked when they had initially where they're having the first meeting or whatever. Yeah, and are saying, oh, we regret the death of so and so who died from common aplications due to union organizing.
Speaker 1: That feels like old school burns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, don't just speakable person, don't try and unionize now you'll get bumped off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You mentioned before about the painting that burns out, the whole thing that sort of gets him sent to Printon. I don't approve his motivation, but I like it from a storytelling sense, like why should all these paupers get to look at priceless works of art?
Speaker 1: No, it's it's for me. I did write my notes.
Speaker 3: He's not wrong, So I like his motivation that regard. I find that really interesting. H And, as I said, the interesting idea of the veteran too. I see slash assistant being given the seat of power and becoming corrupted by it.
Speaker 1: And someone like I don't know if he'd be really seen of Smith's. But he never gets corrupted. That's the problem. Yeah, he's a nice guy who these dickheads take advantage advantage of and then were supposed to feel smpathy from here's my other grit. Right, So the whole premise is we find out the episode starts with Burns being taken by guards in prison. But you wonder how I got here a week earlier whatever, Right, And it turns out the guys are like, how can we get rid of Smithers? We want Burns back. I know, we'll just break into the prison by putting on prison guard outfits and just walking him out the door. Now, they don't even showed them how they got in there the correct Yeah, and I must have been I was thinking all that time. So he's just going to break him out and then he's going to resume his normal life. Order they do try to get themselves an escape hatch with like men of.
Speaker 3: Wealth can beat the system. Now it's like, okay, that's not unfunny. Yeah, and Home has got his bit about Yeah the past never had a chance.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I thought that was kind of funny, but again that's it's kind of sloppy as well.
Speaker 1: I like the they thought it had the best insulation and it was the best asbestos and then not the best asbestos. Yeah, I don't mind. That is all right. They did it in the first Trains of Horror with the how to Cook for forty Humans. Correct. I didn't mind the various heads that were on the wall and a suber tooth tiger t extent trespasser just passay.
Speaker 3: Speaking, which what did I just lend you on Blu Ray oh Man. We talked about this on a previous episode. I wait to watch it, and I didn't mind. Someone you'll see from in Trespass is William Sadler.
Speaker 1: He is Death from Bill and Ted's Burgers Journey.
Speaker 3: You'll also see him in The Green Mile and Redemption. He's a he's a Frank Darabont regular, like that guy.
Speaker 1: And my final favorite moment here was I know you didn't like the Barton Lisa story, but it just felt very kiddish. So he's like your eight legs and this is like they got six leagus. I thank god, I thought I broke to off. Yeah, actually that's pretty good. Yeah, I didn't mind that. I have one more favorite moment.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, A shout out to a man, Joe Montagna. His dedication to being fat Tony is unparalleled.
Speaker 1: Shows up for one line. What a guy. I wonder if he just says, give me all the fat Tony lines for the season and I'll record them all at once and he doesn't crusty style throwing cards over and oppressional. What a guy? Yeah? I know, right, yeah, use your dark magic. You've got so Manyson's staffers on to talk to. We should get Joe on. I've already had Joe on, Well get him, get him back on, Mitch, I need to speak so you see, he's got criminal minds, money. Now, I just care about us. Joe Montagnure doesn't care about four Finger discussed to be Baby's day out and Godfather three. Now it's he's got Father three, wasn't he He's got Father three? Joey Zasa? Yeah, all right, what am I gonna do it?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Gay? Next question? You there eating the paste trivia time? My first question is how many puzzle pieces worth? The old Man? What is it going to be Old man or something?
Speaker 3: Oh that's what I was going to ask you, and the answer is five hundred in the Scared Old Man Jigsaw puzzle. You would like that kind of thing. You're a big fan of jigsaws.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, though, is because my name Marlene, God bless her. She passed six years this month. Yeah, six it's actually six years tomorrow she passed, right. She used to do jigsaws all the time. So school holidays were saying at NaN's house doing jigsaw puzzles were there. I was always when she let you do the last piece. Oh that's very nice. I'm a fan of Jigsaw, but by which I mean the killer from the Saw movies. Yes, there is no a movie called Jigsaw. There is. I keep I keep trying to bring Saw back. After the third one, I was like, I think I think I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm tapped out. So I'm asking you a question. There's a two parter if you like. Where was the concert by the Mere stolen from?
Speaker 1: And in what year? And that's the Boston Boston Museum of some kind.
Speaker 3: Okay, well it was in Boston, but yeah, the name of the museum, I don't know. The Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum was.
Speaker 1: In ninety three. It was ninety ninety. All right. My next question, final question for you is sorry, no second question. Lenny gives mister Burns what type of meal and what is your request in exchange? At the he serves him something. Oh, well, here are your spear ribs and he wants strike ribs, strike bowling reference. Oh yeah, that's right here. Wow, they can't all be winners. Um. Burns has a cell mate when he first gets to prison. Yeah, Dartmouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, but he got his masters from somewhere else and it's called the public IVY according to this gentleman.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't know. That was the University of Virginia. Alrighty. My final question for you is Burns has a movie stub from which film? From nineteen fourteen? Oh?
Speaker 3: I can see it in my head from the subtitles, and I can't remember, like it's three words. Yeah, I know, And I want to say, like the tarnished something, Tilly's something, Tilly's punctured lung, punctured romance, romance.
Speaker 1: Till He's puncured lung. Yeah, let's starring Jigsaw.
Speaker 3: One last question for you, I don't want to me Okay, uh, what magazine is snake reading in the laundering.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so I looked down to write type notes out looked up and SHO, Bob's in a dryer. What happened there?
Speaker 3: He was in the washer and then he was in the dry Why prison torture? He's reading pe Pole Pole?
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's off for some stonecutter shoutouts. Do you reckon? Katie Jeez have been to prison? If she did, she'd be like the shot caller being delightful. Oh yeah, yeah. What's she charge of you for being a legend? You're getting there. You're getting five to ten for just being awesome. Yes. Also the following people are also awesome. We've got Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prut, Shannimcher, Elliott j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Bearlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Bello, Window Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath, Appleby, Adrick McCleod, March Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tullia, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Reading, Sec, Dave Pretzels, McNally, Gavin Lang, damn you Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharpkata, and Craig Alti smash globsster time up for good behavior for those guys. Yes they're still gone to prison though, Oh yeah, are you doing time? I didn't get enough. No, no, but thank you guys for all of your support. All right, let's get into a review, shall we? Of American History excellent. The original edit of this episode was April eleventh, twenty ten. We wanted to correct something last week when we did a review of the Greatest Story Ever doed, I did the top three films from May twenty eighth, not March twenty eight. Got ahead of yourself, So I will do the March twenty eighth movies when we get to the May twenty eighth. Okay, oh man, And here's the thing I think I was all like, oh unified theory of four thing? A discut comes through again because a lot of these movies take plays in the desert in the Holy Land, So oh no, no one cared enough to actually go back in movies of that shit. But number three is How To Train Your Dragon. Number two is Date Night and number one is Clash of the Titan. Still at number one, nice Starry Amen, Sam Worthington, right, oh, mate, Sam Worthington, Yeah, this yeah all time. Yeah, trying to watch accent. Yeah, I'm trub watch avatarpe the other day and I was like, I just can't do this. You mean, like, go back to the first one. I was like, I'm gonna watch the first one again so i can watch the new ones.
Speaker 3: And I was like, apparently Far and Ash is it on Disney Plus at the moment is now because as I've said before, I tapped out halfway through a Way of Water. Even though everyone loves Pire, can.
Speaker 1: The Big Whale?
Speaker 3: See James Cameron's like, everyone's like, he's going to do it, isn't he? The whole way is gonna be a big Jim is saying, it's like, yeah, I can make for and fire for like you.
Speaker 1: Know, half the cost. Yeah, if he does it, it's over. It's game over. Yeah. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: It comes film Come film FIRSTIV is on at the moment, and you know a lot of people are sort of being asked about AI. I think, to me, Moore was kind of like, you know, you've got to work with it, and Peter Jackson was like it's a tool like everything else.
Speaker 1: All these people like, oh no, there accepting it. The walls are crumbling. Yeah. Yeah, it's just because, like I talked about in the podcast, should Star Wars ones on YouTube and it's like this ship ain't perfect, but it's close enough, well good enough. It's like for someone watching on YouTube, oh sure, I've paid nothing for this and a story and it's better storyteller than Disney correct see the man Lauren and Grogan in So, I haven't seen it. I did see a funny tweet that was like Grogu on the red carpet doing something, so I was like, I should be tired as the fun but I'm just not. He's still got He's got the still got it. Imagine if someone went up and shot him Jack Jack Ruby style, actual living being. We've been full this whole time. It's a puppet someone, it's a brows motherfucker. You do you usually call him Grogan? Do you still go like baby yo, baby Yoda. It's pretty cute. The funck is still got it as opposed a bet you were just sending me all these means what is he doing? Like? Just go wait now, mate, I said. We went from.
Speaker 2: Willis and Stallone and Swartzenegger and Letterman to fucking past kissing each other. What the hell is can you imagine principels ever say hey, let him, let's let's smooch.
Speaker 1: Look what are we doing. There's nothing wrong with two guys kissing. But what the fuck did they have to do with anything? He was mid mid interview and Pasco's goes. He's like, what do you do? He's like, kiss me? And I'm like, what the hell is going on? Why are you doing that? Because you know why? Because it creates a clip for social media? Of course it does. Oh my god, Oh you look. You don't want to you don't want to get me sat on this. I had a whole rant would do for the movie guy. Yeah, it's not about that. It's just about how.
Speaker 3: This is not my This is not a new philosophy. It's probably not even my philosophy. But everything is k fave now, yeah, everything is k fave. Everything is soap op bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you about it off camera. Liberty time here times of But it kicks off at the prison, but you want to do the whole? Yes? Sorryeh? Originally Every Eleventh twenty ten, written by Michael Price, directed by Bob Anderson, guest starring Joe Montagna as Fat Tony and Kevin Michael Richardson, who is now the voice of doctor Hibbertt.
Speaker 3: Okay then, but yes, I'm assuming he was the John Coffee esque character character even have a name, No, just says salm mate burns a sal mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah again laziness. Yeah, I know, at least call them what John T or something? Just something stare or yeah, Johnny T. But the chortboard gay hot dogs are not bookmarks. And the couch gave the family sits on the couch, which is the front lawn in front of the house, falls down around them, similar to a cash gave from Buster Keaton's Steamboat Bill Junior. That is correct. Actually didn't mind the cash game for this one.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. I mean, when you think about actually doing that, that could have killed the bust the balls on that manager to sit there, Buster, he put.
Speaker 1: Himself through Helen back for hour entertainment. Shout out to Buster Keaton. Also billboard gag? What's the billboard gag for?
Speaker 3: This billboard gag was duff two hundred, nothing but booze. You could try a little harder with that.
Speaker 1: You also have in the.
Speaker 3: Flying through the air thing during Lucyimton's I think it was the it was a Texas billionaire, as like evil can eat.
Speaker 1: The rich Texan? What do we call it? Just the Lurdock? What's his name? Lets murder? Is the daredevil that's firing the guns? Yeah it was Lance Murdock. Yeah, is Lance Murdock the the rich Texan? No, it wasn't the rich Textan. It was evil and evil?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but yeah, as evil can evil though, but it was like, yeah, no it was it was him. It was oh okay, then was a Lance Murder. It was LANs Murdock.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: There is that right there, There is Lands Murdock. That's this actual screenshot, So it is, wow, welcome to guy didn't do his research. Yes, it did a better research, it's just not.
Speaker 1: That aut The prison and birds is in there and we have his voiceover. He's saying he's going to explain how we're gonna You suppose I suppose you're wondering, how do you I don't mind that. Sometimes sometimes it works. It's become a bit of a cliche, but you wondering how this has happened. I've been doing it a lot on Law and Order, where things are happening and it's like thirty six hours early and I'm like, come on, man, was it on Rick and Morty? Did you ever see that? Watch like two seasons maybe? And then I was like, I'm done. They had there's nine seasons now, Oh no, yeah, I forgot when I tapped out. But yeah, the most animated shows now like Family Guy, American Dad's like season twenty something. You're like, how how is this happening? But they had an episode where Morty had to went to a lighthouse or something and the lighthouse keeper had to help me with something. He said, for me to help you, you have to listen to me read my screenplay, reads the screenplay to him, and it's only like thirty six hours earlier. Look, it was pretty good. I just don't like stories that you know they should start at the start, and got really pissed off it. Anyway, Yeah, that's how I usually felt after watching Rick and Morty pretty much. It was good to begin with. Yeah, like so many things. Yes, indeed, then this is where we have a week earlier and mister Burns is explaining Roger Ducett. I think it's the farewell party for him, basically, isn't it like his funeral or whatever it was? He was going to be employeed the month but he tragically dies due to complications from union organizing. Correct.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a staff meeting and they're sort of various things. He's passed away in all hands.
Speaker 1: He's announced that there's a company picnic and it's going to be only him who's invited because they are going to be there working and getting no pay. I'm not sure he has the power to do that. I don't think that's the care logical. But anyway, it's the fourth of July. Yeah, that's doesn't make any sense why they're there. It's a day off. Writing can be tough, so I don't want to say this is lazy writing on the part. Yeah, no, he can't say it's lazy writing. But it doesn't make any say that if it's something so simple, Just give a reason why they have to work, or show that Burns is a master manipulated by saying you don't have to show up to this, but here are six reasons why, and they'll all be bad for you if you don't show up, or you just go. Lenny saying, hey, it's that day off. It's a fourth for July, and you say was a day off, and then Quimby with money bags, He's like, I've changed a law, so you have to work easy. There you go, man, God damn, just give me a I don't care if the reason is I logical, just acknowledge it. Give me a reason. Just give me something. But it's fourth of July and they're all there working. Independence Day is now these sixth of July in the Springfield area. Yeah, that's it. I just wanted to do a Quimby Lenny gives him spare rivers. He wants strike ribs. He tells Carl to go ask the doctor why he would ask for something so crazy. Then Smith suggests maybe they should have the rest of the day. So I guess this is planning to see the psmith's being a nicer boss. Yeah, maybe you should have the rest of the day off, and he says he wants them to first perform his play Burns Blessed America tells him to break a leg. Guy pulls it a hammer and brace his own leg and then it was a bigerous peach, you idiot, No, you're even more fired or something. And they perform the show, do a good job, and he Tells Smithers to clap his hands sarcastically, and Homo suggests a party in Burns's wine cellar. They go downstairs, just.
Speaker 3: A ship replay of like the people of Australia have joined hands? Is a happy birthday, mister Burns.
Speaker 1: Look at it leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Homer finds their sixty thousand dollar bottle, which is his annual salary. Apparently he drinks it or he spills it, does whatever. They drinks a lot of He drinks his share and he spills. He spills his text because then he says he's going to be taxed on it. Yeah, just ruining Burns's house. Kyl is in that the Diver's suit. Then Burns comes in and says call. He says call the police like an old timey way. I think he says, wake the beatle. Yes, indeed, which a beatle is like an official or a sheriff in olden times. Okay, so they're playing twister of all the various iconic paintings like ren Brand and whatnot, and then Lou the Officer's Walk in Lou realizes that the stolen painting from Boston's Isabella Stuart Garden the Museum is there. And as Ben says here you're mentioned earlier, is it a crime to want nice things and then steal them from a public museum where any gum chewing monkey in a toughest university jacket can gork with them? I think not. It's anti human, yes, But at the same time, anyone who anyone with a sizeable another ego would probably go, oh, these guys looking at him, Yeah, I shouldn't belong to everyone, and half these people are appreciating it. Correct, yes, but his burns appreciated. I'm not sure that probably not. But they they cuff him, not around his wrists, around his waist because you know he's mister says twenty one. Yeah. Then he has a public humiliation, so they put him in a cage and people throwing to what, don't get it, just throwing to was selling veggies Millhouse wants to rot one because they're but they're two dollars. And then I don't like he's like why would I do that? You're not like you're going to hit him anyway, because Millhouse is not good at throwing. But since his birthday buys them. The rotten tomatoes marches the Homer and but aren't allowed to hurl anything at mister Burns. And then she makes ate the rotten pumpkin. What a petting in this episode more than I thought? And then and then mister burn says. They continue for some time until and then ar going back and forth. I'm not gonna eat it, Yes, you are gonna eat it? Whatever, and then he eats the rotten pumpkin. Margin goes shopping because the mall is always deserted during a riot.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't right though, well when when my was selling his rotten vegetables and stuff, it was like turn.
Speaker 1: This gathering into a riot something there? Who knows? And just what might that be? This is my lunch, really, okay, eat your lunch, but you set it your lunch, eat it, eat my lunch, yes, and joy okay I will, He continued for some time in this vein. Until you don't think I'm going to I don't see any chilling, okay, not air bites, real bites she says, go play with Lisa. He says, you don't play with Lisa. You played despite her, and Lisa says they might need each other for organ transplants it one day, so maybe we should be nice to each other. She offers to show him the ant farm, and they bicker over it because they don't like each other anymore. No one likes anyone. Margin doesn't like home. She makes me the rotten pumpkin. Bart doesn't like Lease. Lisa doesn't like Bart. Where's Maggie? Second episode straight, Where's Maggie? Wow? Called DHS Yeah. Burns Now arrives at prison and he says to Smith's you're now running the power plant and he says, well, since I'm telling the story, I'm gonna make it rain. And he said that's not traumatic enough, and he makes it start snowing, and then frostbite took his nose. Excellent. That's the voice over speaking, by the way, now where in the prison he's giving up his items. I've always thought this is interesting. So people get arrested, right, and they get you know, pat down by the cops, but they get to prison. The voice still got ship their pockets. Give me your stuff. It's like you got this, you got that, and like actually happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if I was going to prison, I'd just be having I'd be carrying very little.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's got one movie stuff from Chilli's Punctured Romance and Mark bribe which is empty. Well it had a bribe in it. Oh yeah yeah, but he took it out, it says, yeah empty. Yeah. Then the social Security card, which he says is not a social Security card, is something else. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I thought this could have been better. I thought this could have been a pretty funny Gaga in terms of like one social Security card that's not social Security. You cut to the card that's got s S on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he is a napty. I didn't say it was going to be a great gig, but it could have been better. A yes. Then the blackmails that's very it's very reverse Blues Brothers this as well. You know the start with frank Gosh with frank O's one one proofh electic one swilled, then the black and then he tries to blackmail the warden with potential info that he hasn't quite got yet, and it says he's addicted to something that starts with age, which he says, hams, I no, he's got more than three letters, and he kicks him out and it turns out he's addicted to heal helium. Is that a thing from Last Last Castle? Think it's just prick, wasn't he in Shawshank in the Last Castle? In the Last Well?
Speaker 3: In Last Castle? Because it's Robert Redford is this war hero has been sent to the stockade. James Ganelfini is the warden, and he really admires Robert Redvord, and Robert Redford's like, now, this guy's a chump. The guy, this guy, this warden is a dead ringer for the Shawshank. Okay, yeah, in terms of his look and his glasses and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Has he did it to it? He's not addicted to anything except fraudulent schemes that make him money.
Speaker 3: With the help of Tim Robbins, Shaw Shanks good movie. I'm going to petition Leonard Moulton and say, hey, let's do the Shawshank Redemption.
Speaker 1: When did it come out? What year ninety four? I believe? So Tim Robinson, Anything Soon, Morgan Freeman's Anything Soon not really just a good movie. It's just a good movie. Sometimes you just need a good movie. That's correct. You get to be our motto. He gets hosed down in the shower and the mugshot takes the photo and the flash sends him back and shoots him back as well. It's time for a cavity search. She says he hasn't had one in forty years. I wasn't talking to your teeth, and he says, nor was I not completely unfunny. No, Then he meets his roommate and it's a guy from Dartmouth and he wants out immediately because he's a snob. Yes. Then Lisa is admiring the ants and she realizes they're not eating anything. It's because Bart has already fed them a pop tart, which wasn't locally farmed or sourced. And Bart says, I'm so glad I'm not your kid. If I was in your tummy, i'd pooh in your throat. I was like, what is going on here? Under different circumstances, I could think Throatah, it's a it's a fun, gross kid gag that you would make to someone to gross them out. And it's like, oh, well, yeah, when I was When I was I was taking dumps all the times like, oh, that's gross. There would always be a kid at school who would probably say something that was like when you were a baby, you know you were sitting in your mum's tummy.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, what happened to you're going to drink it? You were swimming around your own piss. There was always some kid who had the ability for that, who had the ability to come up with just like the worst off color stuff.
Speaker 1: And he's always the one that ruins ruined Christmas for you. Oh but then they fight over the farm and they splits open. The dog eats up all the ants except for one. Lessa rescues him or her. I should say, who knows it's an end? And then Bart says, I will never forgive you for this, says or how but licks his face. Ah. Then Lisa says the same to Bart, and Bart licks her face, but not to forgiveness, just to annoy her. Sure Spinners then moves into mister Burns's office. They never wanted this job, but I've got it, and he sees it. It's a chance to be an employee friendly boss. So he hosts he hos a worker meeting. He says he's going have a better health plan and a suggestion box with no gill a team, which I thought was quite funny because he says something. He says, productive workers are happy workers. Now you could have lappy workers are productive workers? Yeah, yeah, sorry, God, they're back, yes.
Speaker 3: But you lay the seeds for that little early when all the employees are sort of milling around at the Fourth of July parties like, oh, well they're not. They hate being here, so they're not doing anything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, maybe the opposite, that's true, you know, if if they if they're happy, they'll work there.
Speaker 1: I want to be here. Yeah, I don't know. It's not necessarily something that is going to be a laugh a minute or something like that, but it's just a nice little thing. At the start. Your brain would get it again, though, this should have been an entire episode, should have Smith's turning to the dark side. Do you think happy workers are productive workers? I think so. Yeah. Well, if you want to be then you feel like you respected career. Why a lot of us aren't working in certain places anymore anyway. So Lisa now has Annie the aunt in a bag because little orphan Annie, it's the only ant left Homer thinks that she said though, because she says the butt you kill all the ants, and she he thought that she said aunts. And he thinks Patty and Summer are dead. He celebrates and then he sees them and screams and runs away. Even this with Homer just being so happy about the death of Patty and so, I mean, no, they don't get along and all that, But just the way it's phrasing this, it's like, wow, you're kind of me Well, why that doesn't work anymore? It's because we've had episodes where Homer like genuinely helps like some get a baby, and it's just it doesn't work anymore. It worked in the beginning. It's just the OLDEO stereotypical the in laws and the sisters that don't like Homeorkay anything. He's good enough for March. But it's just like they've had we've had stories now where they've not smooth things over but being nice to each other. Sure, who cares that, it's just season twenty one Simpsons whatever. We're out back at the prison yard and burn Burns is trying to choose which sorority wants to join the Shiners. Who's the ROTC Shriners.
Speaker 3: The rt C is it's like the military cadets. I think, look I forgot what it actually stands for.
Speaker 1: Or google ROTC is, see what comes up. Reserve Officers Training Corps. Yeah, yeah, it's basically the college version of military cadets. The Sunday Funnies, I think. He says, well, they've all got tats all over them, so yeah. Yeah, and then John Coffee I guess who it is, yeah, grabs him and says he's mine, and he screams out to the warden to help him. But the warden is high, literally on helium on helium now at Mose and the guys are just really happy with Smithers. They think he's the best boss ever. But we haven't seen any of it. You just said, you guys, you know, I think a happy workers of productive workers. But we don't see him being nice, and there's none of it. It's just cutting to them going, you're a great boss, Mithers. And then Homer flushes his man boobs at him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cut out, as I said, cut out all the Leisa stuff and flesh out the existing stuff. I mean what you were saying, what we were talking about, just a minute ago with which gang?
Speaker 1: Shall I joint?
Speaker 3: Have a scene where he's like hanging with all of them, you know, have a scene where he's like in a do rag and he's joined the Latino. Okay, and you hear Lowrider on the soundtrack or something. You know, you got money, give it to the w A I have a low Rider or you know, have him shave he says, oh, not a good look.
Speaker 1: Get a tattoo or something. Yeah, yeah, get like some.
Speaker 3: Awful tattoo that he's yeah, good to have to have that fixed or something like, I don't anything, yeah but something. But these could all be fun little gags, you know, just trying all these different gangs on his eyes. Or he's so racist that even the NATS is like kicking him out.
Speaker 1: I did it. But somehow it becomes the guy leading the prison yard essentially. Yes, he becomes the shot caller, and then it's him versus the warden.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah and yeah, and then John Cos has to step in. Yeah you know, no, this jar works on a certain set of rules, and you're breaking all those rules. So I've got to Yeah, I've got to fix you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a whole story there which they just decided not to do, and see we got this wet d. So they all love Smithers r. Most. Then he has to They ask if he can leave earlier the next day, because Homer says, my kid has a thing, and then Karl says, I've got to do something as well. They all basically we want to leave work early tomorrow, so there's a grease. Lets him do it. I think, gets a phone call from I think it's a mechanic, Yes, yeah, saying can you rate my performance as your mechanic or whatever? Anyway, and even then he's like five five four five, actually go back four or five, then comes back in and overhears him just being an absolute yeah prick to Smithers, smit, it's what a marshmallow. I don't have a thing with my kid tomorrow. You told me you did. I do, but I'm not going to it. To Smithers, the world's dumbest loser, there's nothing sweeter than being nice to a guy's face and then stab at him in the back the minute he walks away. All right, that's it. You know, I used to wonder why mister Burns hated humanity. Now I know you open your heart and they mock your very decency. We make very decency again. It makes you lose sympathy for these characters. Yeah, just have them say, yeah, just have a homer say my kid does everything, and I wouldn't go anywhere, or I didn't need to have that. Smithers is such a kid. Just didn't it any of that anyway. But the custs of the guys cleaning up. We got the best brand silly insulation best not the best asbestus, which I didn't mind. But yeah, again, you deserve this exactly. You had a good boss and you'd just been a prick. Then the sale mate is telling the story about Helter Skelter, so it rips the pati if that's from dream mile or no, it's not sure shape shape, Yeah. And the good book, which is Helter Skelter is the book tries getting Burns to come to Jesus, sucks out all the pre evil, then the evil out of him, and then he feels it coursing through his veins, all the goodness, and he joins the choir, he joins the Prison Beetles Tribute band. He's raked the zen Garden, and then and then that's when I was writing that down, and I'll look up and Snake is watching Bob in a dry and what happened here? Now, Annie, she's only carrying thirty times her weight as opposed to fifty. I don't want to throw a shout out to ants. You know, we spray them, we step on them, we probably kill it. The average person kills one hudred out to day by just walking around or something. They are incredible creatures. Oh goodness, yet yeah, unbelievable, Like I've said, I definitely have said this, but Nicholas. One of my favorite things Nichol ever did was a job interview, right, and they said what elephant? That's sorry? What animal do you most represent? And she said an aunt because I work best in a team. And then I was like, job is yours? Like I would never think to say I'm an aunt because I'm strong willed, I'm a hard worker and I work well on a team, and I can carry fifty times my own weight. Yeah she probably can. There to Nicholas, been working out, she's jacked. Probably she's doing this thing called high rocks. Yes, yeah, I think I told you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean that's part of the forty five thing, which is what I do. Yeah, I've known you haven't known how Jack, Diane, I'll cover you a lot with your north face. That's correct, I'll show you my man exist anymore, just.
Speaker 1: Rock hard pecks. But so she's only carrying thirty times her weight, and Marge walks by with you seeing Marg walking by in the back of with cat chow, and then Bart thinks we should let her go because she doesn't even have a few days left of life. Let her free instead of dying in captivity like Grandpa. Then is where he walks in and says, I'm not in captivity in my mind, I'm free. In his mind is a bubble and he's in a cage. Sure. We're now back at Moe's and Lenny is complaining that Smithers is worse than Burns, and I'm like, because you're addictive fault. Then he says he almost he releases wolverines instead of the hounds and homes. So I can't believe him saying this, but I wish Burns was back. Moe brings up the idea of busting him out of prison, and they all exchange looks. It's too late to turn back now, He's no, no, it's not too late until you have a whispering huddle. Have a whispering huddle. Yeah, I mean sorry, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to keep fixing this episode because I could probably turn it into a yeah bloody epic saga or something like that. But I I like the whole idea of Yeah, Smithers having this responsibility thrust upon him, not wanting to be a bad boss, but having to be a bad boss because the workers will take advantage of him. He's like, oh, I have I overreached by replacing the hands with wolverines and feeling bad about it, And underneath he feels bad and he's happy to have Burns back and that restores the status quo.
Speaker 1: So that's good. I think this episode needs to end with Burns being back in charge of a plant and him saying to the guys because I feel like, take all this bit out where they're being dicks to him, right, have Smith is being corrupted, but not because the guys are crueled to him. He's corrupted for other manners. And at the end, burn says, do this or whatever, and the Smith comes back and goes when you feel like it or something, just to sort of show. There's good in there still, yes you know, yes, yes, I'm just something I don't know. But we're now in real time and the guys are now just randomly wear in prison guard outfits and they're taking Burns out, who doesn't want to leave. He doesn't want to leave, but then he says, before we continue, first, I'm going to daydream about sports utility vehicle, a sandwich and a blue pill. Apparently because that's a commercial break, I's cut to the end. Yeah, we come back and the sale mate is trying to stop them from escaping. Then custom button Leasa releasing Annie and Santas sort Helpoul just walk by an itto. That's the end of that story. There's pointless, absolutely pointless to it. There was, there was something you could have done with it, but there's no point to this one. Burns then decides to leave because he still had some evil between his toes. He's still a mean but he's ever a more mean bastard now than he was before. I don't know, It's like we have to Burns being evil again.
Speaker 3: Okay again, Sorry, here's a fix it. Not a fix it, but you know something about it? How when John Coffee is sucking all the evil out of him. Make that like a Cape far gag where it's like there's still evil in you. Yeah, he's sucking it out for like, but cut away to something else. You know, still going break come back from them. Bak, he's still suck How.
Speaker 1: Much boy you got in here? Who can tell? You know?
Speaker 3: At the ends, like I thought, I got all that evil out of you. Good luck it's a buttomless pit or something along those. I guess that's what he's saying with it A little bit still between my toes. It would have been nice if there's sort of a little bit. John Coffee says, I still think there's some good and new mister Burns whatever, And maybe mister Burns gets used his power, his privileged to get John Cofee aut of prison and he gets a job.
Speaker 1: At the power plant. Sure, I don't know what we're doing is trying to fix this one. We went into this.
Speaker 3: One thinking, ohew, Lisa's greatst story of a dog. But I think we're finding a lot more holes.
Speaker 1: But there's potential here. There's no potential with the we've really.
Speaker 3: Sort of tapped out halfway through the greatest stories, like uh, a redeemer, I don't care. Yeah, it's like we're really trying to.
Speaker 1: Genuinely good episode in here somewhere. Sure burns and arrives as Smithers is pacing around the office. He kicks them all out, including Smithers, and looks at the photo of the sale mate and a cust to him with fat tony, Uh have you heard about Jesus? Like? I am Italian? Do you think I know about this? But go away and then burns things over the credits. I've got no problems. Bluest Heartbreak Hotel? I think it was. Yeah, it was a prison blues falsome.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound like foalsome prisons do doo. That's heartbreak Hotel, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's really the tune of heartbreak Hotel, Break Hotel. He goes, dirt Dirt, Dirt dirt? Is it okay? Because the rock is to do a parody of it called SmackDown Hotel. He goes, it's at the end of ja Brawny Driver SmackDown Hotel. The rock is the big fun like that stand up your caddy ass. Lots of anal stags. Shut up. That's the best reply for anyone on Twitter. So I said, shut up, bitch, gender neutral by the way, he's saying it to a male though, yeah, shut up, bitch. We need more heel turns from the Rock on the big screen. But he wasn't a heel when he said that, though, I no know. But he's so good at being gonners. That's why. That's why he's rolling in fast and furious movies. Was the best. It's like, oh, you're kind of an antagonist and yeah, kind of a big swaggering prick. Yeah, I like it, and and that's the end of the episode. But American History excellent, which trailed off because like, oh, yeah, that's the episode. Let's talk about the Rock. The American History excellent. I enjoyed this lot more than last week. I do think there was a lot of potential in this one, which I have said a lot. It's just a shame that they was to be, as I said, focus more on parroting things as opposed to actually telling a soul story. Correct. Yes, what do we learn? Bomb? So what do you learn from the episode, mister Davis?
Speaker 3: If I want to be serious, I could say that I found out what the Beatle actually is. But really the lesson that you learn from this is that men of wealth can beat the system.
Speaker 1: Now they can. Indeed, Yeah, I learned that if a perfect place to hide something is in between you toes apparently can check and what is it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Evil? Hasn't he kept some evil? Evil? Evil? Yes? From miss me forward, your name will be all right, It's time for the Guy Davis new Nan Championship for American History. Excellent. The current leaderboard stands at this In first position we have Philip Jay Hawkins on twenty two points, in second position we have Clever Kyle on fourteen points, and in third position we have Briggsy Nathan Briggs on thirteen points. Take it away, so Briggsy alright. One point goes to the Greedy Mile. Not bad the cover, Carl. He's getting closer again. What look out, Philip Jay is coming for you now, fifteen points sneak attack, I know, Clever Kyle. Two points goes to burns Man of Alcatraz. Philip Jay Hawkins with the old two points there Philip.
Speaker 3: Looking at the back when I just giving him the finger. So sorry about that, Carl, But yeah, burns Man and Alcatraz. Two points to Philip Jay Hawkins. But who gets three points for this title? The sure shank don't.
Speaker 1: Mention was Adam Wolhouse. What was your name of Adam Moorehouse? I thought it was something in the house. I can't remember Adam Moorehouse. Well, I've got three points something very wide point Adam Woolhouse at the three points there. Thank you guys for all getting involved with the Guy Davis New Nan Championship once again? Was it it's a wool House? No, mat there wasn't that. Should I ever do that again? Yeah, it's a dance. It's perfect for radioc. You've got to get into character. Yeah, I know, Yeah, there's the podcast. It's not radio alrighty guys, So yeah, as I said, think if you get involved with the Guy Davis New Name Championship, we I've still got, you know, about five episodes left the season twenty one, so plenty of time for you guys to catch up to Phillip Tuble. I say, some of you, probably Adam will House onwards, maybe the only people we can do it. Some of you're like, who is that? I can't see them, they're so far ahead of me. But some of you, yeah, you've got PJ. H insight. But if you get your name read out. If you get involved in thea read out, you go into the wild card draw for the end of the season as well. So get involved. Support your pals going down on Patreon for as little as just one dollar per month. If you are listening to this and you're not supporting us yet, what are you doing dollar a month? You should even know it was not there. You should go to prison. If all of you guys listening gave us a dollar a month, we'd be thousand airs. And you can only be at a dollar. That's you can't even get a what can you get for a dollar? You can't even get a small ass candy bar from the supermarket, can't even get a dimmy from the fish and chip shop anymore for a dollar? Correct, but you know you give it to your pals. Dann On guy. Yeah, oh my goodness, so much entertainment. Yeah. For five dollars you get over one hundred and fifty hours of exclusive content and to get early in add free access, no ads. To get it early, you get to band with us on Discord and Facebook and all the other good stuff. The bands alone is dollarspot your paws going down, though, Please do it, please do indeed, all right, guys, this has been our review of American history. Excellent. The next season twenty one episodes shall be Chief of Heart. So I have no knowledge of this episode, but I think I've read somewhere where it may have been something of a Chief Wigham. That's where the Chief comes into it. So we'll find out. It's very good to hopefully we're on the way up again because we've had we had the worst episode last week and this one was like, you know better, We've got a slight updraft. Let's see how things go with Chief of Heart. Yes, indeed, all right, guys, think again for all of this here at four Finger Discount. Mister Davison, your final words for those incredible listeners out there
Speaker 3: Well, much like the concert by Vermere, this podcast is a miracle of measure and harmony,