Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, kee.
Speaker 2: Rod right, oh yes sir, come on now wait she wake your hands off.
Speaker 1: Snake e. Rob Ryan showed checking in free beer Friday, Beer every hour straight up at six seven, eight nine. Thank you, specs. Busy, busy, busy morning, as we always are busy around here. David's going for win number three in the fresh out of bedheads you had challenge. You want to take him on? Come on, come on, come with it. You gotta shine down Bush. Tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback today Rodeos Houston. Some of you went out acting a fool last night. I don't think any even my team went out. And then everybody seems a little fresh faced to be going to the rodeo last night.
Speaker 3: Everyone's looking pretty good.
Speaker 1: I know that the cookoff and all of that is going on this weekend. We've got Rodeo Houston tickets. AJRS playing on March sixth, seven twenty. I've got tickets I prevail bear Tooth. Those tickets go on sale today. I've got tickets for you at eight twenty Open Phones Friday, We'll leave you with some BlackBerry smoke tickets. We got partly Claude's guys today. Ten per cent chance of rain high seventy six. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Well, Good morning, Rode Morning home room.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump hosted various Prime Minister Keir Starmer at the White House yesterday. The two met to make sure that any peace agreement to end Russia's invasion of Ukraine does not end with Russia being rewarded in any way. President Trump stressed that Russian President Vladimir Putin would need to make concessions of his own in the peace negotiations. While Starmer and French President Macron have committed to deploying peacekeeping troops, Trumps not committed to providing Ukraine any US security guarantees.
Speaker 1: Said, I had to cross on.
Speaker 4: There will be a planetary parade tonight, meaning that you should be able to see a bunch of planets in the night sky. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus Nice are going to be visible tonight. Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn should be seen. There should be visible to the naked eye, but you may need to pull out your telescope or some binoculars to see mercury Uranus and Neptune. So if your a big planet head, then tonight's your night.
Speaker 1: I got some other space news Chicks and Space. You see that, nice Katie Perry. Oh really, it's going to space all chicks. All chicks, that's cool. You know who's organizing that, Lauren Sanchez. That's Jeff Bezos's why fiance, Yeah, Gail King, bunch of them. So I've got that on the Space cool. There's a space blog page today.
Speaker 5: Wait, so space very hot right now.
Speaker 1: Chicks and Space.
Speaker 4: The oscars are on Sunday at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Conan O'Brien is going to be the host.
Speaker 4: If you didn't know that, you haven't seeing TV for like a month, that's been like every commercial.
Speaker 5: I feel like if you watched ABC at all.
Speaker 4: The main events gonna kick off at six o'clock and you'll be able to watch it on ABC or stream it on Hulu and the Disney Plus app. Some disturbing new details have come out concerning the death of Gene Hackman, his wife and dog. Their bodies were partially mummified when they were found on Wednesday. A Santa Fe detective told TMZ that Hackman's wife, Betsy was laying on her right side in the bathroom with a space heater near her head. Police think that the heater may have fallen off the counter, possibly win or if she fell. There was also an open prescription bottle on the counter with pills scattered all around it. The maintenance workers that found them said that they hadn't seen the two in weeks, or at least two weeks. The fire department also wasn't able to find any signs of a gas leak, which could could rule out the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. That was my guess when we found them, just like by themselves, and they looked like they had been there.
Speaker 5: But yeah, this is this is weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Police did obtain a warrant to search the property, saying that circumstances were suspicious enough to wire a thorough search, so we might keep finding out more details as the days go on with this whole gene Hagman death. Garbage is releasing a new album in May called Let All That We Imagine Be the Light. It'll be their eighth studio album and it was recorded in Drummer Butch Vigg's La Studio. The album comes out on May thirtieth, but you can pre order it now.
Speaker 5: Those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go. You're gonna go with.
Speaker 4: Baseball here, Yeah, down Spring Train and the Astros lost to the Mets yesterday five to nothing. They're gonna play the Cardinals today down in West Palm Beach, foot of first pitches at twelve oh five. In basketball, Rocket's gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They'll host the Kings of the Toyota Center tip off for that seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go, man, four hours of pain. The first phone call is gonna be our first beer winner this morning, so let's get after that right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: Strap yourselves in.
Speaker 1: Kids, we're gonna be busy, busy, busy today Friday. Maybe whoa come along man Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday Friday. You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday. And we're free Bam Friday, Free man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan show.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: My name is Jonathan.
Speaker 1: Hot damn, dude, you got the first case of beer? Come up, let's joe.
Speaker 8: I've been trying it for a long time.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude, I'm playing. I'm glad you finally got through. Where are you from, Jonathan?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna Santa say say okay, and.
Speaker 1: You're up working right now.
Speaker 8: I'm actually I'm actually heading the work right now. I'm a head softball coach at north Shore High School, so I'm heading the work right now.
Speaker 1: Who stangs?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 1: You're the head softball coach. Do you also teach pete? Do you have other gigs there at the school?
Speaker 7: I'm actually the credit recovery teacher there.
Speaker 1: That's like a good class to have.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, Yes, sir. I love my schedule.
Speaker 1: I love my job.
Speaker 8: I love being there.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's awesome. So do you guys do practice early? Are you that's why you're heading in? Are you heading into teach? Well?
Speaker 8: Head in every morning to six thirty.
Speaker 11: I do a morning duty there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we practice after school.
Speaker 8: But we have a game today, an away game.
Speaker 1: How we looking to that? Are how we looking this week?
Speaker 8: We're looking pretty good. We played a tournament yesterday, we played well in it, so hopefully, hopefully today we can continued that success we're having on the field.
Speaker 1: What is your trajectory to becoming a coach? Were you a ballplayer yourself?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, sir, Actually, before I was a coach, I was a MC firefighter really, and then about six years ago, yes, sir, I took my first job as a teacher at Santa Fe High School and now I'm a head coach at at north Roll High School.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Well, listen, coach Jonathan, I'm glad to have you on today.
Speaker 5: My favorite high school softball team.
Speaker 1: Immediately.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, by far, we're totally fans. Dude, We're totally awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, my brother, have a great weekend. Man, Thanks for checking in with us. I appreciate you being on board with us. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna be busy, busy, busy.
Speaker 1: We're we're always busy on Fridays, right, Yeah, one case of beer down boom. Coach has got the beers straight up at seven, eight and nine beers David going for win number two. David was impressive yesterday, super super impressive in his fresh out of bed head to head wind. So he's going for win number two. I see Chili put some concert tickets in there. We're gonna do shine Down tickets, Shine Down Bush On fun Fact flashback, we'll talk Rodeo Houston. Chili woke up this morning said he was feeling like an old man. Yeah, and he already started the internal struggle of am I going to rodeo or not?
Speaker 3: That's gonna be the question of the day.
Speaker 1: Now. Is Chile going to Rodeo Cookoff this weekend? We're gonna have to wait. We will find out. I can't. I'm gonna be out of town. I'm going to Marty Gras Galveston. Are you going to Rodeo Cookoff?
Speaker 5: I have a child now and I will not.
Speaker 1: Be able to. Oh wait, yeah, yeah, everything you blame everything on the child.
Speaker 4: Well no, like, my wife's gonna be gone tomorrow, so tomorrow would have been the day. But she's doing ballet, so that puts to me on parent gotcha? And then tonight we just hang out.
Speaker 1: Your wife sos ballet.
Speaker 5: She and her sister are seasoned takeholders.
Speaker 3: Oh they're going to the ballet.
Speaker 1: I thought they do ballet.
Speaker 5: She probably could if she wanted to.
Speaker 1: I really never heard you mentioned that your wife was a ballerina.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't hate that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, uh, we're gonna get you. We're gonna get you into the rodeo for the AJAR show at seven point twenty, and then all the concert tickets, all the shows, all of that stuff it's gonna be and then open phones. I can't wait. I can't wait. I gave you I sent yourself. I don't know if you had time this morn but I've sent you some Oscar some playoff music. If any of the calls get long, we're gonna do like what the oscars do for open phones, and we're gonna just like bring on the music to play them off the stage. I love that. So did you get the music this morning? I sent it over to you. Okay, quick break, we'll we come back. I got a rec check, got a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 5: Ho Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five the.
Speaker 1: Buzz Yeah, good morning, everybody, rod Ryan Show. Happy to go, Texan Day it's also free beer Friday. We had coach on he won that first case of beer. Another case of beer coming your way straight up at seven o'clock. Take a look outside. Ten percent chance of rain today, partly cloudy, high of seventy six. Listen, you guys, I've been here long time, you've been here forever. There's been days I've walked around that damn Cookoff and I froze my balls off. Yeah, it's gonna be insane this weekend. And I'm sure it was already crazy last night because the weather is really beautiful weather so nice it's gonna be. They're gonna have record numbers because tomorrow ten percent chance of rains, sunny eighty two, Sunday mostly sunny, high seventy four. That's beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful Cookoff weather.
Speaker 1: So I see Happy to Go Texting Day. I see that's floating around locally here.
Speaker 3: What do you got that trending?
Speaker 1: You see Rodeo is trending.
Speaker 4: The Cookoff, like you just said, is ongoing. It began last night. Rodeo is officially starting on Monday. So Happy Go Texting Day?
Speaker 1: Who Shrek five is also trending.
Speaker 4: There's a teaser trailer for the movie that came out yesterday, and people were talking about that. A lot of people seem to be mad about the animation change.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I just see the big story is Zendaia, Zendea zin Zindia, Vendiya Zindia. She's doing one of the voices, so that's a big deal. She's like super duper a list now. Yeah, she just took off yes after is a euphouria. She was in YEP, but.
Speaker 3: She's been in everything since then.
Speaker 1: And then planetary alignment is trending.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be able to see six planets in.
Speaker 4: The night sky tonight, calling it a planet parade. Mercury, Uranus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus will all be visible. You might need binoculars to see three of those. But that's his training on night.
Speaker 1: Every bye, the buzz, Good morning, everybody. This is David. You're a fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. I don't think I've won a game on the show in over eight years. And let me tell you at fields night join me on three beer Friday when I'm making win number two. Bitches. Yeah, he didn't share that bit of information with us until afterwards. He's like, dude, eight at least eight years since I've won. If you want to take him on seven one, three, two, two, five, ninety four five stained lowest than me, eighty four to five to the buzzy four or five to the buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Happy free Beer Friday, everybody, Thank you to specs helping phones. Can't wait to talk to you guys. Happy go Texan Day, every one, Happy Fanny Friday? What else am I covering everything?
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 1: Happy great day to be alive. Oh, it's pancake Day too. It's one of two. You know how there's like they can't seem to get unified. There's a couple of different pancake days, and I think there's some pancake specials going on. You got to go to the food blog page for that's Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. David, Good morning, brother, Good morning David. That was a great game yesterday. Pretty impressive.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I like it was so good.
Speaker 1: How was this guy not one? How was it taking eight years to do that? Yeah? You know he's played before. But let's see if you can keep the momentum going. Okay, you're going for win number two. We don't want a one pump chump thing happening, do We were in too good a mood for that. Okay, Well, Rick says he's going to do exactly that to you. Hi, Rick, welcome back. I guess you played last year at some point with us. Huh, yes, how'd you do?
Speaker 13: Sung it up?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: Well, the time before that, I'm awesome day five, the time.
Speaker 3: Before that, Okay, it was a weird thing to brag about.
Speaker 1: No, Well, that means no, no, no together four winds.
Speaker 3: He strung together some winds.
Speaker 1: So that's the Yeah, that's the takeaway, all right. So Rick knows Rick's one before he knows how to do it. David got a little taste yesterday. I think he wants more. You're playing for tickets to go see Saint Vincent April eighth, White Oak Music Hall Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. Good luck boys. Apparently there's a delay. Slow fast Andrews sent you sent me a huge email, not complaining. Though not complaining, he said, boy different. He said it was a clean wind he went back and listened to the podcast. Here we go, David Rick. Question number one, ring around the Rosie pocket full of what?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the game, Posey. I never knew what posey was ever? Still don't okay? Nicole with the great questions Clay and Kiln here she's killing it. You're right. Question number two David and Rick? Rick was fast who voiced the Genie in Disney's animated David Robin Williams. Yeah, he voiced Genie in Disney's animated Aladdin movie. Okay, we got a game. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. For the wind? What fluid do most people change in their car every three to five? I heard Rick? But my man's high. I'm gonna go tie.
Speaker 4: Rick was louder, but I think I think David got in there. He was just quieter.
Speaker 1: It's a tie.
Speaker 10: It was a tie, boys, it was a tie.
Speaker 1: What fluid do most people change in their car every three to five? Thousand miles?
Speaker 3: Alex Jack?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh? For the wind? What upside down fruit is supposed to signal a swing?
Speaker 7: Rick?
Speaker 1: For the win? I'll be impressed. You get this right. I'm impressed.
Speaker 7: Good Guy Wick.
Speaker 1: David, did you know the upside down pineapple swinger thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you listen to this show, you've heard about it. I'm just because I'm convinced that everybody's a swinger. What upside down fruit is supposed to signal a swinger? Pineapple? Slick Rick comes in. David killed slow fast Andrew yesterday and then just got beaten off. How did that happen? That's one. That's a one pump chump, David. I hope, I hope to get you back on. I hope you play, David.
Speaker 11: If I get Chilli to answer the.
Speaker 1: Phone, always blame Chilli, Always blame Chilli. Hey, slick Rick, you want to play on Tuesday? We're off on Monday's. Oh good, you're good.
Speaker 3: You'll be good to go Tuesday morning.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, all right, dude, nice game. Impressive you swinger? Don't answer that. The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz. Good morning, everybody, brod Ryan Show. Hope you off, feel great start to your day.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being up dark and early with us.
Speaker 1: Just an absolute, I mean, stone cold beautiful weekend. Whether you're Marty Graud galvesting or Galveston galvesting, Marty grin g Marty graud galvesting. Whether you're rodo, rodeo ing, barbecue, cookoff, rodeo ing, whatever going on, it's gonna be an awesome, awesome weekend. I see low chances of rain, nothing over a ten percent chance all weekend. Today, party cloudy seventy six, Tomorrow sunny in eighty two. You kidding me? They might have record numbers at both things, Galveston and rodeo, and then mostly sunny high seventy four on Sunday. Man, So just have a great weekend. B say a fresh out of bed hand to hand challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: You're more than everybody the slick rate. You're one day.
Speaker 13: Hit to head, first out of bad champion, your first out.
Speaker 1: Of bed, hit to head one day champion day.
Speaker 14: Though, just because I know what an upside down pineapple is, that doesn't make me a swinger.
Speaker 13: Join me on Tuesday when I'm making way number two.
Speaker 1: It doesn't not not make you a swinger either. Okay, let's just keep that open. I'm getting a big D vibe from him. I kind of thought that too. I didn't want to say anything like a happier I don't. I'm getting a big D vibe. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to say any things, the fact that I might put pressure on someone because I think he's a.
Speaker 1: Legend, legend, legend. I'm that free mattress right now by p snoozing away, he's got one hundred kids. He ain't sleeping away in the same bed. All right, Uh, shine down Bush tickets coming up on the flashback. But first the fuck that's to the day there we go. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the the day. Hell, you already look smart in front of your buddies. It's us that need the help. It's not for you. You already you always look smart in front of your buddies. About smarts, always so smart off off. There are two billion parking spaces in the United States of America, none of them about seven per car. Think about that when you're looking for parking at the rodeo tonight, the cookoff, What the hell I can't find it?
Speaker 3: Rods There's two billion parking spots, and people.
Speaker 1: Still wait for those at the grocery store. They're just sitting waiting flocking up.
Speaker 4: Everybody else is they don't want to find one of the other six they could park in.
Speaker 1: That's a bugaboo for my friend Alex scumbagger. You don't want to be around him in a parking lot. He's just not It's not good. Hurricanes and typhoons are the same thing. That is fun who Obviously West Coast obviously different words. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but they're used in different places. Hurricanes are in the Atlantic and Northeast Pacific, and typhoons are in the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific. Hurricanes typhoons.
Speaker 5: They also called tornadoes tynadoes over.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. I think you're just confusing people.
Speaker 3: Hell, kitty litter was invented about katy litter.
Speaker 6: Lot.
Speaker 1: Hell, I'm trying to find something that the guy doesn't know about. He knows everything. Kitty litter. I don't want any I'll try that again. Kitty litter was invented in Michigan in nineteen forty seven. Uncle Ston, Yeah, right, neat Now, people had had domesticated cats before nineteen forty seven.
Speaker 3: Before that, they just used soil Climan and Johnny grims Old dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like just a thing of dirt.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck fat of the day.
Speaker 1: Gross, we make you look smart in front of your body's It's the fuck fat of the day. He didn't know all that stuff. I didn't want to know that. Okay, I've got tickets to go see Shining Down Bush August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 15: Your fun.
Speaker 1: Peter can Crow. He worked at a place as a kid, bought the place, and then franchised it. Did not slap his name on the title of the franchise. What is he own? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash. All right, this is the stuff that this guy does know about. Uh like Wall Street yesterday? What happened?
Speaker 16: Not on the street, Yeah, not so good on the street. The Dow is down one hundred ninety three points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand, two hundred and thirty nine. Nasdaq down five hundred and thirty points, Dude to eighteen thousand, five forty four benchmark ten year treasurer is trading at a four point twenty five percent, and Oil it's training at sixty nine dollars forty one cents a barrel to the most active, the Big Studs, Travelers three M and Nicky Dee's the Big Duds, Navidia Salesforce and Amazon on the economic CAUNTDAR. This morning, we'll get numbers on the PC index for January. Right now. Futures looking good, They're on the upside. Hang on to this be Apoluse opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, I'm out here. This is Hallan Managure director with Ramon James Porty Feather on bron Show from Ramony James, Stanfley, Ben Augusta. Don't forget toys or rock out.
Speaker 5: We'll just talk out Famin's expressed.
Speaker 7: Are those alland and not necessarily?
Speaker 9: Those are Raymond James of Associates Income Ever, NYT, AS, IDC, I, ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buyer sell Lady Security referred to. Your programs are educational and informational services are based on the movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, I think we got Joshua on the phone. Hi, Hello, rod Hello Josh, how are you man?
Speaker 17: Beautiful day, Beautiful Day.
Speaker 1: Just one of our six hundred and thirty seven Josh's that listened to the show.
Speaker 17: But theos.
Speaker 1: But we love them Ball, We love you all, Josh, We love all you. Josh's this guy, Peter can Crow. I don't think he's a I don't think he's not an everyday word name guy. But he worked at a shop when he was young, bought the shop, then decided to franchise it, never slapped his name on it. What does he own? Josh? What happened? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I got you.
Speaker 1: Mike say it again, Jersey Mike, Jersey Mike's.
Speaker 3: I mean the guy's name is Peter Cancrow.
Speaker 1: Jersey Pete's right, Jersey Pete. I mean, if I'm owning this, I'm putting my name on it. Okay, I mean, look at me. What's the name of the show. Okay, it's not the it's not the Jersey Mica Show, Right, it's not. I'm not Canadian. Hey, Josh, I'm gonna give you Shine Down Bush tickets. Congratulations, Oh la oh lah, here we go. I got that August twenty seven Toyota Center. You're in, my man, hang on, we are easy to find any place you are. Tell your smart device to blame ninety four or five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety the Buzz Green Day's brainstew. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. How about that? That's almost one hour done. We've only got four with you guys today. It's gonna move fast today. We got another case of beer coming up for you at seven o'clock. Thank you, specs. I got Rodeo Houston tickets for were you? Aj R is playing on March sixth. I know many of you are heading out there this weekend. Make she has sent us a bunch of photographs. Well, plus, we gotta find out if Chili's going. Yeah, who's got six picks this weekend?
Speaker 3: You did it last week.
Speaker 1: I did last week. Chili. You'll know. He'll know when it's not it's not me, it's not you. That's all I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, fifty to fifty shot, I think it's me.
Speaker 1: Partly. Claude's Guy's ten percent chance of rain hies up around seventy six. The rest of the weekend, It's stupid meaning good with Galveston and Cookoff sunny tomorrow and eighty two mostly sunny on Sunday seventy four, low chances of rain, beautiful weekend. Party weekend here in Houston. What are Houston's headlines? Bocal Morning Everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump hosted British Prime Minister Keir Starmer at the White House yesterday, too met to make sure that any piece agreement to d Rush's invasion of Ukraine doesn't reward the Rushan. President Trumps stress that Russian President Vladimir Putin will need to make concessions of his own in these peace negotiations for anything to work.
Speaker 5: While Starmer and French President.
Speaker 4: Machrom have committed to deploying peacekeeping troops, Trump hasn't committed to provide Ukraine any US security guarantees. A federal judge is blocking the Trump administration's.
Speaker 1: Firings of federal workers.
Speaker 4: US District Court judge ruled yesterday that the Office or Personnel Management must rescind AMMO that resulted in the mass firings of probationary employees. The ruling says that the firings were probably illegal, but does not reinstate workers who have already been dismissed. The judge also referred to probationary employees as the lifeblood of our government. There is another court hearing on the matter scheduled from March thirteenth.
Speaker 5: But I'm sure it's always a good thing when you have your job.
Speaker 4: Because a judge said that they couldn't fire, that's got to make you feel great. The Oscars are on Sunday at Dolby Theater in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Conan O'Brien takes over.
Speaker 4: I feel like this was Jimmy kim spot for a while, and now it's Conan O'Brien stepping into the spotlight to host.
Speaker 5: I don't I forget.
Speaker 4: I get him all mixed up, So I don't know if I think it was Jimmy kimmelhost of the Oscar.
Speaker 1: He's been doing it for a couple of years and some for some reason, he stepped away from it. They just talk about it's the most stressful gig of the whole year for anybody. They talk about the host of this show is they're mean.
Speaker 4: All the people you're talking to are mean, and if you like make them mad Ricky Gervais, like he got to do it twice and never came back.
Speaker 1: Did he do the oscars or when he said or he did, they don't.
Speaker 5: He hasn't done it in a while.
Speaker 1: When he called him entitled assholes. I believe that was the like the one where they drink at the tables and stuff. That wasn't the Oscars. It was one of the lesser rewards. Yeah, probably drinking, but that's the fun one where they're all sitting around the table eating and drinking. He did that one, so Billy Crystal probably goes down in history as the greatest host of all times.
Speaker 5: He did like a million of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like the go to guy.
Speaker 5: But he said, didn't they call him in on one too? Like he had to like sub in in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: He just said he was incredible.
Speaker 1: It was just the most stressful thing in the world to do.
Speaker 5: I can see that.
Speaker 4: You gotta go throw all the jokes, you got to memorize everything, you got to have all the things ready.
Speaker 1: To go and hope that they hit. Cona's just not Cona's not my guy. I don't know what it is, don't know why.
Speaker 5: I like how weird he is.
Speaker 1: He's not funny.
Speaker 5: They got Andy Richter to come in with him.
Speaker 1: He's not funny. I think he is fine. No, I think he is.
Speaker 4: Main event's going to be at six o'clock on Sunday. You can watch it on ABC or streaming on the Hulu and Disney Plus apps. Influencer Andrew Tait and his brother Tristan are back in the United States after Romanian authorities lifted their travel restrictions. The two brothers are facing charges of human trafficking and sexual exploitations since their arrests in twenty twenty two. They were permitted to leave following pressure from high ranking US officials. Despite their return, the criminal case in Romania does remain active, and they are required to return for a police report next month. The two brothers landed in Florida yesterday, but despite their arrival, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says that they are not welcome there. The Head and the Heart are about to have themselves a big year. The band and is releasing their sixth studio album, titled Aperture, on May ninth.
Speaker 5: To give everyone a taste of what's to come.
Speaker 4: They've already put out a new song called After the Setting Sun. The band is also hitting the road with their new music. The Aperture Tour is going to kick off May thirty first in Detroit and to run through October. They're gonna make a stop in Houston on June fifteenth, where they'll play at Buy You Music Center. Tickets go on sale March seventh. You like these guys, I do like Head in the Heart. It might not be a fuzz band percent of the time, but they're cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about them, but you've led me to believe that they're a really big deals. I think, yeah, they're a pretty pretty big following. Okay, I like the Avett Brothers.
Speaker 5: If you like Aaved Brothers, you're probably gonna like Head in the Heart. Hut very similar.
Speaker 3: Love the Avid Brothers.
Speaker 1: You turned me onto them the songwriting. Listen to the lyrics.
Speaker 3: Then I'll go back and listen to some Head in the Heart.
Speaker 1: They're coming here. Sports down at spring training.
Speaker 4: The Astros lost to the Mets yesterday five then nothing. They'll play the Cardinals today down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitches at twelve or five, and then in basketball. Rockets were back in Action tomorrow night to host the Kings at the Toyota Center tip offs at seven.
Speaker 5: You can listen to it on our sister station.
Speaker 1: Sports Talk seven ninety to.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports, all.
Speaker 1: Right, next hour, we'll start with beer, nice, Rodeo Houston tickets and a ton more man, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, the bus Free.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday and right Bam Friday, and we're Friday and bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Right, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Dawn, Hello, Hi, who's this Tommy? Tommy your color ten. I'm gonna give you the second case of beer today. Black go, Yeah, let's go baby. Were from Montgomery, all right, Montgomery on the beer board. Congratulations, enjoy your beers. Dude, have an awesome weekend. All right, thank you very much, or you do the same, thank you. Did you know it was go Texan Day?
Speaker 16: Do you?
Speaker 1: I mean? Are you wearing like boots and a cowboy hat and you know what is it? Bleo tie? Sometimes Alex Rosa's bolo tie. Are you doing any of that today?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 11: I got I got too fat, A can to wear that bolo tie.
Speaker 1: Man, It'll look like a look like a hangman on. It's funny. Tommy, have a great weekend, bro, Thank you you did the thing.
Speaker 13: Thanks brother.
Speaker 3: I am gonna have a date again.
Speaker 1: I am gonna have a great weekend. Thanks. You can't wait.
Speaker 3: Hey, space boy, what is there like?
Speaker 1: Planets? An alignment, teditary alignment, planetary aligning it parade.
Speaker 3: You can see it with the naked eye.
Speaker 1: And see some of them?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, okay, any binoculars or a telescope to see the other three, but you should be able to see them all tonight.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the sky will be clear enough.
Speaker 1: You's got partly claudy skies during the day. High if seventy six, it's good luck looking at the planets tonight. Now a pretty big story. Katy Perry's going up in the space. It's an all chick mission. Nice. Now, I know this sounds like a joke, Like, what do you mean, Katy Perry's going to space.
Speaker 3: She's going to space like for real.
Speaker 1: She's joining an all female crew on board one of Jeff Bezos's Blue Origin space flights. Now, what's the connection here, Well, his fiance Lauren Sanchez. She put together a crack squad to go up to space with her and you know it's empowering. Yeah, Okay, Gail King, It's like Oprah's bestie over there at CBS. Caitlin Clark, is she not invited? Yeah, I don't know. I don't know like how she chose who she did.
Speaker 5: And I think women. I think Caitlyn Clark obviously.
Speaker 3: Lauren Sanchez is a huge Katy Perry fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like if you got to like, how cool would that be to just get the handpick who you wanted to go a?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you got all the picks in the draft, you got everything. So Lauren Sanchez brought the mission together scheduled for this spring. Now, Lauren Sanchez says this and this has just got me thinking, and I know, I'll probably take some crap for this. Lauren Sanchez says, honored to lead a team of explorers on a mission that will challenge their perspectives of Earth, empower them to share their own stories, and create lasting impact that will inspire generations to come. Hell, yeah, is going to space kind of like, don't get me wrong, the greatest, But is it like an amusement park ride? Now, going into space? If you're doing the greatest amusement park ride.
Speaker 4: Ever they're doing anything like remember like when Michael Strahan went, yeah, and it's like you go out and then you disorb it right back in, Like you're not going into space and then floating and then seeing the is and then you're not going around the moon or doing stuff like that. I'm not saying it's not bad ass.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do that the Greatest ride. But isn't it just an amusement park ride?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 4: Les peons now have to like hate on it because well, that's not technically like a space, Like, yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: In space, so you can say you it's space, but I mean you could be empowered by anything, Okay, you could be empowered by anything you doaly, Okay, so that's empower me.
Speaker 3: Every day that takes that.
Speaker 1: But is is this crew inspiring generations to come? I think it's it's space. There's a danger, there's something to it. I understand all of that. But you could say.
Speaker 5: This about the challenge and that ain't go great.
Speaker 1: You could say this about when you go to Space Mountain.
Speaker 4: Nah, I don't think you can do that. Yeah, I mean, I know you're going to Disney soon, so I maybe use that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on the Tron Ride. Okay, I'm gonna go on the you.
Speaker 1: Could be in Tron and I'm doing it to it, but I'm doing it to inspire other generations. I'm gonna go on the Tron Motorcycle Ride. I want to inspire everyone that I'm going to do it, and I want to inspire other people to go and do the Tron Ride. I mean, I think what's cool is like I would be crepping on this if it was a celebrity dudes too.
Speaker 4: We were when when straight Hand and then went up too, we were like, this guy had to buy a ticket to get on.
Speaker 1: Straight Hand's just famous.
Speaker 5: This person's famous.
Speaker 4: Kirk went up, Yeah, well that makes sense. He was in a show about that. Like if Mark Hamill went up, I'd be yeah, absolutely if And he was super old when he went up there, so I mean he was kind of inspirational. It was like for old dudes, you know, like he went up in space.
Speaker 3: It was pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's just in Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver up Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I'd be sick.
Speaker 4: But like if your daughter is watching, like if she's like, Dad, I don't care about space whatever, because you're all excited about the SpaceX launches. You're like, well, look, honey, Katie Perry's going to space, and she's like, I kind of want to go to space too, and then maybe that leads her.
Speaker 1: Down a career path where you know.
Speaker 4: She works in NASA or something like that, or she wants to get into the industry.
Speaker 1: I'm all for.
Speaker 4: It, okay, but I do think that, you know, the empowering is a little it's like iconic.
Speaker 5: It gets over.
Speaker 1: Are you used.
Speaker 3: Honored to lead this team of explorers?
Speaker 1: You're not. You're going I'm in this guy, You're on a ride. You're lookers, You're on a ride, lookers. Okay, that's so there's empower There's a space blog page today where you can find out more about this.
Speaker 5: Will they wear makeup on this play? I hope not so brave. It's in a Hella message if they canout makeup.
Speaker 1: Or they could be saying the effects of makeup in zero gravity.
Speaker 3: They sell it to like Sephora.
Speaker 4: Half of them go with makeup, half of them don't.
Speaker 1: That would be empowering. Yeah, eyelashes everything, Like, what's the effects of these eyelashes in zero zero g's all right.
Speaker 3: There's a I'm looking at girls.
Speaker 1: That's not everything.
Speaker 3: It's all over the place. Go to links and guess I'm gonna come back with some Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, we're getting to that time. Might do a little jump in here, might do a little jumping coming out.
Speaker 3: You don't mind, Good morning, brod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Free Beer Friday, two cases down, beer straight up at eight and nine.
Speaker 3: Then we'll do open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: Can't wait. Then we'll turn you loose. Chili must know the answer. Chile got a second? Who's got six picks?
Speaker 19: You?
Speaker 1: I knew you'd noticed. I did it. I did it for my lameat Bro.
Speaker 14: And then we were off that Monday and you didn't mention my picks till like Thursday.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Yeah, he's still sore about that. So you forced me to do something and then don't mention it. I had heard work, Bro. Everyone checked out your picks. They were wonderful. No, they did the fried chicken. I remember it was chicken wings. Whatever they were fried. I remember seeing them. Where where are they from?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Pancake how factory house, waffle house, house of pancakes, No, house of pies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say I do remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah? After you went now, yeah, all right, you went down the list.
Speaker 3: Are you going to cook off?
Speaker 1: Inquiring minds? You want to know, old man, dude, if you're going to cook off? Right now, I'm leading to a hall. No, Now, your twins got the kid? So he said, he's out. I'm out of town. Is the Rod Ryan Show going to be represented at the Cookoff this year? Probably? In spirit? Bro, it's Friday morning. How are you counting?
Speaker 3: You're tired already in the weekend hasn't hit yet.
Speaker 14: No, but I'm already thinking like it's it's a hassle, bro, Like I have to find parking, I have to find a designated driver.
Speaker 3: You know miss Christina would do all that for you.
Speaker 14: She's an angel now, because I don't need somebody baby sitting me telling me don't drink that, don't drink that, don't drink that.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's worth it, and you do need that. Nah, it's worth it for the ride. I don't have to work till Tuesday. I'm gonna enjoy. You can enjoy what your coach My hangover Scott you're.
Speaker 5: Ready for that Blue Blood spin off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I watch the most seasons, all right, Chilling.
Speaker 1: Let me down. You were my only hope for Little rod Ryan show representation at the Rodeo.
Speaker 14: It's gonna cost me at least one hundred bucks just an Uber over there.
Speaker 1: That's true. This guy in this economy.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean I gotta give him my least three cartons of eggs, just rights, like half a salary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to Uber.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Chilie, You're welcome. What's trending? Lauren Sanchez is trending. We we're just talking about this. Bezos is Beyonce. Lauren Sanchez is putting together an all female crew to head to space, and that includes Katie Perry.
Speaker 1: I have the full list explorers, Ayisha.
Speaker 4: Bo, Gail King, Carrie an Flynn, and Amanda Winn will all be going and it'll be one hundred percent female crew.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the ladies. Blackout Friday is also trending.
Speaker 4: People are being encouraged to not spend any money today in protest of big corporations. I have to go to the issues start, so I will not be participating in this Epstein Files Phase one that's another fun one. It was nothing Burger. Trump had some influencers that he gave binders too, and I don't I don't know what it was in the binders, but they really just bragged out having binders from everything I saw. But yeah, the list did not come out yesterday from what I saw. So that's a training on night for by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, an absolute nothing burger. Yeah, give us a n a. Uh, we have something to give away, Rodeo Houston tickets Rodeo Houston a j R.
Speaker 3: March sixth.
Speaker 1: I don't want these tickets around. It's gonna be so hard to park. Somebody will want these tickets. Uh, seven one three two one two five nine four five? Can I get something while people are calling us?
Speaker 10: Oh boy, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down right now because I like to jump around during this while you're calling for those Rodeo Houston tickets. I'm gonna jump around with House of Pain. It's ninety four five the Buzz, Come on with me, ninety four to five Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show. As we jump around every Friday s RUAD around seven twenty, I don't know it just seems like a good time to jump around. You know, a lot of you in the car, got a lot of traffic to deal with.
Speaker 3: Put the smile on my face. Teen per cent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Nothing over at teen percent chance of rain all week and long because we got this huge, massive, awesome, unbelievable party weekend. Beautiful weather, and Chili says, he's on the couch. Okay, partly cloudy, high seventy six, notch weather, sunny eighty two Tomorrow ten percent chance of rain. Not couch weather Sunday ten percent, mostly sunny, hip seventy four.
Speaker 3: I'm giving the guy Monday off of work.
Speaker 1: Not couch weather. It's not couch well, it could be catch every anyway, it's couch away. If you're on a couch. Chili, you got some people on your team Oil and Gas, Greg says Rod. I'm on team Chili with the cookoff this year. It's a pain in the ass getting there, getting out of their traffic, parking or a bitch sofa city sounds much better. Get out of here, Brandon, I agree one hundred percent with Chili. Listen, old people, when did everybody get so old? When did you guys get so old like right on my watch, Brandon, I agree one hundred percent with Chili. We haven't even gotten through Friday and I'm already exhausted. I'm going home. I'm getting my recliner. Come on, mattress, Max, I'm going home. I'm getting in my recliner and I will get up Monday morning. I ain't doing nothing, Brandon. What's wrong with you, guys?
Speaker 7: True?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you guys?
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful weekend now, Daniel says, I am going to the Cookoff.
Speaker 3: I'm lucky enough to have an in on a tent. I'll rep for you, guys.
Speaker 1: If you want my six picks. I do want your six picks because Chilly ain't going. He might not post your six picks.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that Chilie will post your six picks, but I want your six picks, all right. I got one guy going to the Rodeo cook Off.
Speaker 15: Here.
Speaker 1: Let me give away some tickets here, unless you don't want to go. Rodeo Houston a j R. March sixth, Good morning. Who's on the phone, Jesse? Now, Jesse, I know it's a it's a it's a big thing. It's probably during the week.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what this show is. It's March sixth, so.
Speaker 1: It's a pain in the ass to park. But free tickets to the rodeo? Do you want these? Pretty? Absolutely? You sure, because you can just stay at home that night and just lay on your couch and petrime. Oh no, no, all right, I got it. I got a bunch of old people hanging out with me here, Jesse. I'm old, but I'm still going. All right, that's what I need to hear. All right, tell Chilli how much fun you're gonna have when he talked. When you talk to him, you got to get in all your information. Okay, absolutely, all right, dude, thanks for listening.
Speaker 11: Hey, thanks brother Rod, Thanks you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Good time, all right, Stay cool, stay young forever. Jesse. Something just tipped me off and said that this was the last day of the month February. I think maybe we played something maybe. Oh yeah, yeah, so it's the it's Friday and it's the last day of the month, damn it. Uh yeah, rents to tomorrow. Payday today. I just realized pay day. Yeah, so that's kind of a cool day. It just does away and it's rent all right. Oh my god, eggs are so I got paid today. You can't even eat eggs buying chickens now, guys, March starts tomorrow. Can you believe it? Oh my gosh. I like doing this little bit where I say things to look forward to in March number one with a bullet. Daylight Saving Time starts next Sunday. I don't bitch about it anymore. You do every time?
Speaker 3: No, why don't?
Speaker 1: Yes, you do, No, you so do.
Speaker 5: No, not this one, but the other one you do.
Speaker 1: Bitch. I mentioned it. You you are like, but you get abolish what we should what we should do away with it? And I thought Trump was gonna maybe do something about that. Daylight Saving Time starts on Sunday. Will it be the last time we ever change the clocks? There's a chance of that it will not. Trump has talked about it. It will not be so March night Sunday. Okay also said Canada was gonna be a stake. Now, this is the one where you guys are gonna act a fool and tell me that you lose an hour of sleep and you're gonna be and you're gonna it's gonna mess up your whole week. So I'll put up with you guys complaining about missing an hour of sleep, but I won't get dark so early anymore. All Right, March twentieth is going to be the first day of spring. It's almost March Madness time. Hell yeah, bro, Tomorrow March and then March Madness. Selection Sunday is the sixteenth. The men get started on the eighteenth, and then the women's tournament. What we all are here for is the next day, on the nineteenth. The new, the new Major League Baseball season starts in a few weeks. Cubs and Dodgers played the first series in Japan, starting on March eighteenth, opening day for everyone else's March twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: I thin it's so dumb that they do that, and they go back and play more spring training games they don't count after they've already played a series that does count.
Speaker 1: That is dumb.
Speaker 3: I agree with you on that. The Oscars are on Sunday, Meat.
Speaker 1: Righteous Gemstones is coming back for one season, one final season. That's back on the ninth. That's a good show.
Speaker 3: I need to get back into it.
Speaker 1: He stoked about that. Bill Burr has a new stand up special that's going to hit Hulu on the fourteenth. Yep, John Mulaney funny Guy flicks. He's gonna be on the twelfth. The Simpsons are back for their thirty seventh season on March thirtieth, thirty seven years of the Simpsons. Cool, that's insane. The Holidays, Marty Grass, Marty gro on Tuesday ash Wednesday, the day after Marty. I thought it was Fat Tuesday, Fat Tuesday. Didn't I say that?
Speaker 5: You said Marty Gras on Tuesday. Mariy Goo is this weekend? Is marigot all?
Speaker 1: Like do they do? Mart goot Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Marty Grass means fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So Marty Grass is technically only one day it's Marty Gross season, but Marty Grass is this Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: French for Tuesday, Fat Tuesday. Yeah. So that that's where you get all the partying out of the way. And that's where I'm telling Chili go out and party because Lyn starts on Wednesday. Are you not chosen? I celebrate Lent. I don't know what he celebrates. Ramadan. That's what Ramadan starts tonight.
Speaker 5: That's why can't go out.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be.
Speaker 5: You can't eat after dark and you can't eat during dark or the other way around.
Speaker 3: March eighth is International Women's Day.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite holiday. I take back everything I said about. That's those explorers going into space. Saint Patrick's Days on the seventeenth, we're gonna be we're gonna be off for spring break, and then we come back on Saint Patrick's Day. That'll be our first day back from vacation. So we'll be here on Saint Patrick's Day. And then there's you know, drink green beer in studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do that, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one day. Yeah, totally. Then there's like ranch dressing days and and all that stuff, but let's count that out.
Speaker 3: But Steak and Bjday, it's true.
Speaker 1: Well, if you if you were good March fourteenth, if you were good, yeah, Steak and BJ Day. If you weren't good to your girl on Valentine's Day, then it's just pie day for you. Kind of pie pi okay, sure, just pi different kinds. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's what you got to look forward to. That's all starting. Can you believe it's the last day of the month. I can't.
Speaker 5: The year's almost Overrod my goodness.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five buzz that's bad omens and just pretend Rob Ryan show it's free beer Friday. I got another case of beer coming up for you at eight o'clock and then at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it's cool.
Speaker 1: If you're too old for it. Hey, a guy who says, Rod, you work with a bunch of pansies on the last Have you heard Pansy's. Yeah, you're old. They're a pansy. That's a flower, right, I think so think a pansy's a flower. Flowers, Rod, you work with pansy's. I'll be opening up my first beer at eight am at my disc golf league, right ner yep. As soon as I'm done, probably around noon, I'll be headed home, shower, straight to the cookoff. I'm dang near forty six years old and good to go. Wife gave me a pass to party, and I'm taking it. I've never had to ask my wife for a past So Robert, that's Robert Martin. He's not a pansy.
Speaker 5: He's going to ask his wife for permission on everything. I'm just like, hey, babe, I'm doing this. Chili is okay?
Speaker 1: Chili?
Speaker 15: You have some?
Speaker 1: You have some sympathizers.
Speaker 14: Well, you know what to the guy that just saying the email congratulations, You know I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Hate on him. The man I hate.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I will still be drinking at eight am from today.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, get me up. He's staying up all night. That's why he takes all of his naps. He's rested for eight am drinking.
Speaker 1: We're twenty minutes away from eight am. Are you starting to drink in your room today? What did I miss here? Yeah?
Speaker 14: When I get off work, don't confirm when I get off work. When you get off of work, I'll go and start my partying.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 14: Stay up all night listening to George stra He will not stay up there and all that stuff.
Speaker 15: He might.
Speaker 5: He does call me sometimes on Friday and we just have chili drunk conversations.
Speaker 14: See you guys, you guys do it. To me, drinking is a marathon, y'all do it as a spring. Mine's a marathon.
Speaker 3: You like to just sit there and chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in there for the long run.
Speaker 5: You know, I drink all day if you don't start the day before.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So this pansy over here will be drinking a Marathon I it says you.
Speaker 1: Work with Pansy's Rod. Marcus says, I agree with Chili. It's the first of the month, bills are due rent whatnot sounds like a house party on the sofa?
Speaker 3: Peace of love, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: It's from Marcus with DJ music choice from the TV. There really is no in between here. You're either going to party balls at the Cookoff or you're not leaving your couch. There's nothing in the middle for you, guys. It doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 5: Definitely okay.
Speaker 1: Look if I go out, yeah, going to the Cookoff.
Speaker 3: But now you're saying there's a window that you might go.
Speaker 14: But I'm just saying if I am not one hundred percent on Tuesday, you know it takes it takes me like two days to recover.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you an extra day. I'm giving you Monday off.
Speaker 1: But when do something tomorrow?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 14: Yeah, what if I want to go out Sunday night because I don't get to go out Sunday nights.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the Lloyd's night.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, put on your big boy pants and do it. You got a whole day to recover to come in and then come in here on Tuesday, fresh as a daisy.
Speaker 14: Look, I'm gonna be grabbing you on Tuesday. Oh Jesus, because you said that you work with a bunch of pansies. I'm gonna prove you wrong. No no, no, no, no no, I'll show you pansy.
Speaker 5: Robert Martin, you second did what he said.
Speaker 1: This golfer extraordinary said I work with pansies out of sport.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 18: I don't know how you Canadians party, but okay, sir, you know we party. Dude, come over in my place. We can watch the kid, watch the stadium series game. Red Wings Columbus Blue Jackets play at Ohio States Football Stadium tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And here we go down and a baby, Yes, two men and a baby on the couch.
Speaker 14: Hey, and I can I can speak baby whenever I'm drinking bro I am saying, I am commissioning Daniel Boggs for six picks when we get back on Tuesday, Rodeo picks.
Speaker 3: We gotta have Rodeo picks for somebody.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 1: I have plenty of people that are going that will send me picks. Okay, will they be will they be? Internet ready?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 5: I have to go through a lot of those are not always Internet.
Speaker 1: Oh hurt yourself on Sunday to try to get those picks up for Tuesday.
Speaker 14: Let me drinking, I mean because remember last cookoff, after.
Speaker 1: I lift well, after I put you in an uber, you went home, Rod I did go home early. Yeah you did.
Speaker 5: I I saw you on your way out and I was just gidding. Yeah, I took well, Yeah, I.
Speaker 14: Ended up going to an after hour spot. Okay, was a ladies support for some you know.
Speaker 5: Well you were helping support the economy.
Speaker 1: He was like a good time. All right, Well, I'm gonna getting back to this guy. He's gonna have six picks holod six picks.
Speaker 3: All that stuff will go up on Tuesdays.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. Another case of beer headed your way straight up at eight o'clock. We'll have another one at nine and then we'll turn the phones over to you and it will be open phones Friday. Now.
Speaker 3: I do have a pair of tickets for you next hour.
Speaker 1: It's the summer of loud tour I prevail Bear tooth kill Switch Engage. June twenty eight. Woodland Pavilion tickets go on sale today at ten am. That one's gonna sell fast. We got tickets before they even go on sale. Beautiful weather, beautiful weekend. Get off the couch, Get off the couch. Get out there, man, it's gonna be a beautiful weekend. Go outside, move the catch outside, go outside. They travel. You must have like a stroller.
Speaker 3: You take your kid for walks.
Speaker 4: I take car and the dog out. Yeah, don't believe be doing that one. My wife's working tomorrow morning. I take a dog out on a walk.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful, beautiful weekend on sap here. All right, let's go. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump hosted British Prime Minister Keir Armor at the White House yesterday. The two met to make sure that any peace agreement in Russia's invasion of Ukraine doesn't reward the Russians. President Trump stressed that Russian President Vladimir Pruitin is going to need to make concessions of his own in these peace negotiations, while Starmer and French President machrom have committed to deploying peace creeping troops. Trump has not committed to providing Ukraine any US security guarantees.
Speaker 1: There will be so stupid.
Speaker 4: There will be a planetary parade tonight, meaning that you should be able to see a bunch of planets in the night sky. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus are gonna be visible tonight. Venus, Mars, and Jupiter, as well as Saturn should be visible to the naked eye, but you may need to get out your telescope or some binoculars to see Mercury, Uranus, and Neptune.
Speaker 1: Uh Momentchili has a blog page up for that. Yeah, and then you can find out about Chicks in Space Two Chicks the Explorers Lauren Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: We talked about that earlier today on the show. Somebody said, Rod, it's like taking your family to an African safari. They're not explorers. You're in the right.
Speaker 3: I just thought I thought the space thing kind of seems like almost like a ride.
Speaker 1: Now it seems like it's like a millionaire ride.
Speaker 4: The world's greatest amusement park, right, slightly more expensive than Disney World.
Speaker 1: Quite a bit, quite a bit more DISNEYLD was pretty expensive. All right, Well let's go what else?
Speaker 4: The Oscars are on Sunday at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Conan O'Brien's gonna be the host, taken over for Jimmy Kimmel. The main event kickoff at six o'clock and you can watch this on ABC or stream it on Hulu and Disney Plus.
Speaker 1: Do we want Shallamay to win? For Dylan?
Speaker 3: Do we want him to win?
Speaker 1: Is he too young?
Speaker 5: Who's he going up against?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: Because I don't know any a bunch of other dudes. I'm trying to think of a movie from the last year and I can't, so yes, I would assume if you just asked me right now, Timoke Shallamet go off king.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's been winning all of them right now, hasn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think he's.
Speaker 3: I think he swept all the precursors.
Speaker 4: So I want him to win. I want him to keep on winning. Adrian Brody is up, okay, and then Demi Moore, I know she.
Speaker 1: I want her to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want her to win.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's her time to get your flowers, girl.
Speaker 4: Some disturbing new details have come to light considering the death of Gene Hackman, his wife, and their dog. Their bodies were partially mummified when they were found on Wednesday, as Santa Fe detective told TMZ that Hackman's wife, Betsy was laying on her right side in the bathroom with a space heater near her head. Police think that the heater may have fallen off the counter, possibly win or.
Speaker 1: If she fell.
Speaker 15: This is weird.
Speaker 4: Hackman was found in the mud room of their home, so they weren't in the same room when all of this happened. And yeah, there was there was an open prescription bottle on the counter with pills that were scattered around it. The maintenance workers who found them said that they hadn't seen them in two weeks. The fire department was also not able to find any signs of a gas leak, which could rule out the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning, which is my guest as to what it could have been since they were all found like that.
Speaker 3: Did he just die because he was super old, she was younger.
Speaker 1: Did he just die? And then she just said, Hey, I don't want to be around without him. Took a bunch of pills, but.
Speaker 4: What about the dog? And then they had two other dogs they found that were healthy, right alive.
Speaker 1: One of the dogs got into the pills. Maybe the other ones didn't. I don't know. But the other thing.
Speaker 3: And we talked about this on this show before.
Speaker 1: Remember that awful discussion we had that if you die at your house, would your dog eat you?
Speaker 5: If it was two weeks, you would assume were.
Speaker 1: The dogs nipping at those bodies? Those two alive dogs. We don't know yet. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not the news we were hoping to hear. I guess I don't know what news we were hoping to hear, but like, this is weird, it sound worse. Please did obtain a warrant to search for the property, saying that the circumstances were suspicious enough to acquire a thorough search.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we're going to continue to find more about this.
Speaker 1: The day we had that discussion, because somebody, some animal ex were called in and said, Rod, your dog would eat you. After a certain amount of time, they would start eating at your face. I went home.
Speaker 3: I yelled at Voodoo. I yelled at her, and I said, you.
Speaker 1: Mean to tell me if I drop here and you're gonna wait a couple of days and even start eating on my face.
Speaker 3: She just looked at me.
Speaker 1: She didn't say anything. She shouldn't.
Speaker 3: She didn't say she wouldn't.
Speaker 4: She absolutely didn't say she wouldn't. Weeezy would he absolutely eat me. Wheezy would not hesitate to you me whenever I take her to the park. She's trying to be friends with anybody else, Like, she would turn on me in a second because you had a bone. Wheezy's Wheezy's leaving me. Wheeze would eat me in a second for just a bone.
Speaker 1: Bollably, I'm like, give me a sign, tell me you wouldn't eat me. She would not give me that sign.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't die for Wheezy, but Weezy would would leave me in two seconds for just a snack. Garbage is releasing a new album in May, Let All That's called Let All that We'd Imagined Be the Light. It'll be their eighth studio album and it was recorded in drummer Butch BIG's l a studio. The album comes out on May thirtieth, but you can pre order it now. Those are Suston's headlines. You know who Butch Big is, right, the drummer of garbage, producer of.
Speaker 1: A million things.
Speaker 4: He did Nirvana right, never mind yeah, yeah, like the Rick Rubin before. I guess while Rick Rubin was doing out but for Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, all right. Sports down at spring training.
Speaker 4: The Astros lost to the Mets yesterday five and nothing. They're gonna play the Cardinals today in West Palm Beach, Florida, First pitches at twelve oh five, and then in basketball rockets to be back in action tomorrow night to host the Kings at the Toyota Center Tip Office at seven. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports rock and alternative fair use The Rod.
Speaker 9: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 15: Week, War Hop, Like Birds, Late Tonight, dream Tons out me well hit, Oh yes Friday, let's go Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You've got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday and Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Oh, good morning, Well Hello, who's this hi Sydney, how are you.
Speaker 21: I'm a lot better now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty good too. Now I'm even getting better. Did you know it was Go Texan Day today?
Speaker 14: I did not.
Speaker 1: It's for kids in school, and it's for chicks on the news, that's who. It's for chicks on the news. I haven't. I just I follow a lot of them on Instagram and they all got their hat and boots on today, and they're all and they're all like two step in or doing that, you know what I mean. Like, I'm sure Tessa is going to be like wearing some kind of Texas garb today.
Speaker 18: You have to.
Speaker 1: You have to if you're a female in the media in this market, you have to celebrate Go Texan Day. You're not wearing a hat and boots and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's Go Textan Day, Sidney. What's the problem here?
Speaker 21: I don't know there is a problem.
Speaker 1: I have leggings and tennis shoes on, all right. It's not leggings in tennis shoe day. But it is free beer Friday. And you did score the eight o'clock beer where you from?
Speaker 19: I had out to Louisiana today to go to Marty Gross and now I got.
Speaker 1: Some beer to go.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I'm heading out that way too. Now, where are you from?
Speaker 16: Deer Park?
Speaker 1: Born and raised pretty much?
Speaker 8: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you dress up like as a kid for Go Texting Day? Was it a thing? I don't I don't think so.
Speaker 13: I don't know all that.
Speaker 22: The thing.
Speaker 1: He's been around a long time.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, listen, were you heading in Louisiana?
Speaker 11: Uh, Lafayette?
Speaker 1: Lafayette. They do a good Marty broad there. I heard too. We go every year cover of Blast every year. Great, all right, we'll have a great time. Thank you for having us involved. If your road tripping already, Sydney got her beers, dear part didn't take part in Go Texan Day, Alex.
Speaker 3: I know there's some pictures of you. I know you weren't born here, but you spent your you're here.
Speaker 1: I never I never did Go Texan Day here, and I came here in sixth grade. Okay, so it wasn't really. You weren't all buckeroute out. Why did I see pictures?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Those were earlier.
Speaker 1: Pictures as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Bye, I mean, my my mom watches my daughter during the day, and and if you don't think she's been doing some go Texan day.
Speaker 1: Howdy howdy, one day there's a couple of a couple of Marty. You got one too. That's good, that's great, that's what because that's what people are doing this weekend. You wanna let me show you pictures? Oh yeah, please give me now that you buy it up. I don't like being that guy. But so you got the world famous barbecue cookoff going on this weekend. You got Marty Grog Galveston, you got Sydney that's heading to Lafayette. I'm heading to New Orleans. Dude, if you don't post that somewhere, that's an amazing text. That is so good. Oh she's super go textan very ready.
Speaker 5: For the rodeo, even though she will not be attending it this year.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she wants to go to the cookoff tonight dressed like that. Would not be allowed to cook off.
Speaker 3: I believe you could.
Speaker 5: Now, I think there's a cutoff time.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think you're right. I think you're right. Well listen, I hope you guys are having to go a wonderful go texted that Hunt and Claudia sky percent chance of rain highs of around seventy six today. I was given. Chili led me to believe because I think he hooked up with some people that we're talking to him about getting into the tent.
Speaker 3: You got to get in tents. You gotta have bands. It's a big thing to us.
Speaker 1: I forgot on three things you must see today. This might help you decide whether you're gonna get off the couch this weekend. There's this actress, I think she was on some kind of Nickelodeon show. She was on that ninety show. She calls it the fifty to fifty method, and it works for her, and she explains this thing in like a TikTok where her and her husband, if they can't decide if they should go out or stay on the couch, they toss out these percentages, like you know, if one person is sixty forty and then the other one is like twenty eighty, whoever has the widest percentage gap and cares more than they kind of like they explain it, and it kind of makes sense. Chili's just the one man army when it comes to making decisions like this though. It's just him and his decision. So if he's like he didn't even sell it, chill, You're not even fifty to fifty anymore. I got a guy doing six picks at the rodeo. I got, I already got a guy. I already got a.
Speaker 5: Guy you gotta take care of.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'm gonna bring in my six picks from Marti Gras, New Orleans. If you're heading down to the island, I just I would. I want to see pictures. Tag us, send us pictures from over the weekend. I want to see what you guys are up to, just because it's gonna be so beautiful outside. Half to my part of the show, people, I gotta take a short break already, I got I prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage. You got the last pair of tickets before they go on sale at ten o'clock on the flip of this brake, So.
Speaker 5: Stay there, Rock and Alternative Fair use to the rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: Ty four five the Buzz. Just like the man said, this is your rod Ryan Show Fanny Friday Edition. What Fanny Friday haven't even had a chance to take a look yet.
Speaker 3: Well it's well documented.
Speaker 1: With a beautiful weekend we're gonna have here, with all the great partying that's going on this weekend, It's one of the busiest.
Speaker 3: Weekends, party weekends here in the Houston area.
Speaker 1: Galveston's gonna be like I took I took the hit for you last week. I was down there in the cold and the wind and the rain. You're gonna have a beautiful weekend this weekend if you're going down to Galveston, but cookoff, it's gonna be awesome, just awesome, awesome weather all weekend. N what's trending over there? Well, Fanny Friday, okay, is trending. We need to go look otherwise. Chili gets upset. He's like, dude, you're not even looking.
Speaker 4: Listener David submitted our Fanny Friday today or name is Tyler Idol, and a lot of people are checking her out. I suggest you too at the world famous road Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Houston Rodeo continues to trend. Cookoff is this weekend and people are pretty stoked about it. Or maybe you're just gonna stay home on your couch. I'm not going to cook off, but people are stoked about it. Planet Terry alignment is another trend that's continuing today. We got a planet parade tonight Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus will all be visible in the night sky. You may need to use your telescope for two or three of them, but the rest of them you should be able to see, assuming the weather stays nice.
Speaker 5: But that's what's trending on night before the bus.
Speaker 1: We got tickets going on sale today the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five, I Prevail, Bear tooth Kill, Switching Ge Parkway Drive Show is June twenty eight. Woodland's Pavilion tickets go on sale today at ten. I've got the last pair of tickets that are available for free before we turn you loose and buy them. Seven one three two, win two five nine four five Looking for caller number ten. The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus, ninety four to five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Pattic got the disco with high hopes.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Do good morning, good morning, good morning on the phone, good morning, good morning. Who is on the phone?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Yeah, Hi, I was just singing a song.
Speaker 1: I was just singing a little song for you, hoping that you were gonna answer me, and I wasn't gonna have to continue singing, Hi, good morning, what's your name?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 1: My name is Kimberly.
Speaker 3: Hi, Kimberly, call her number ten.
Speaker 21: Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Is that a cat Alex before that bell? God like it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A second? Hat a second? I was a cat without a cat in here, Kimberly. I'm gonna give you tickets to the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. I prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage, Parkway Drive.
Speaker 3: There is a rocker. I don't know if you're a rocker. There's a rocker show.
Speaker 1: You know I need a rocker.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're you from Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm from Houston, from Spring, the Woodlands area.
Speaker 1: You dress it up for Go Texan Day today?
Speaker 21: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not a big country fan.
Speaker 13: I have alternative rock.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you know, but I mean, but you have Texas heritage, you know what I mean? Like, you're from here, right, I am? Did you did you do it when you were young? I have some people say that when they were young their parents did get you know, Go Texan Day. It's been around for a long time. Did you dress up in like Texas garb on this day?
Speaker 7: Or no I did, but like maybe just flaids kind of thing said about it?
Speaker 1: Fair enough, listen, Kimberly, have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of the show today.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're awesome. You're awesome. Goodbye. I think people here will dress up right if if they come into work today or night. Oh yeah, okay, so no one's coming into work here today? Who's dressing up in Texan gear? Texan go Texan day?
Speaker 4: Chili?
Speaker 1: Chili has kids at schools are probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chili has the gear.
Speaker 1: He didn't dress up today, he has the gear though he has the wardrobe to pull that off today. Today on the food blog page, it's National Pancake Day, the first of two, because there's gonna be another National Pancake Day on September twenties. Why not, there's two pancake days. They can't seem to be unified on these things. Subways bringing back discounted foot longs. They're not five dollars anymore. Did you know the foot longs are seven dollars? Now that they have the song and everything, so six ninety nine foot longs. There's more. The food blog page has a lot, a lot of food news on it that nobody really looks at. But occasionally we get a couple of eyes on that blog page. That could be the last time I do this. I don't think it's that interesting. Google trends, which we look at like what's trending. Yeah, they go through, they provide me with this information.
Speaker 3: They put it out there.
Speaker 1: They it's it's it's it's what they call the who, what, where, and when and why questions the top questions that were googled the entire month of February. I guess you would look at this as a reflection on what happened during the month, because we're always kind of, you know, we're in that weird part where're looking back on what happened in febrush and then we already did the whole thing where we're looking ahead to March.
Speaker 3: Who, what, When, where and why?
Speaker 1: The number one who Google search Kendrick Lamar, who won Album of the Year.
Speaker 3: Who won Album of the Year, alex.
Speaker 1: He Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce. Beyonce won the Grammy for Cowboy Carter. It's the first time and they made a big. We made a big deal about it. They made a big deal about it. The Beehive made a big deal about it. So the first time she's ever won Album of the Year, she also won Best Country Album.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: The number one googled what in February was what time does the super Bowl start? It was in New Orleans this year?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: Five thirty. Yeah, I'd believe it was five thirty. Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two. That score really makes it sound closer than it really was. That game was not close. When who what? When?
Speaker 3: When people typed in win in Google?
Speaker 1: The number one thing that followed up followed it up was when will PlayStation servers be back up?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a big adage? Oh boy, how was that for you? Apparently they were down for twenty four hours February seventh and eighth, and gamers couldn't game. Oh yeah, you don't want to take that away from people. I'm surprised. I don't remember this being even mentioned.
Speaker 5: I don't have a PlayStation.
Speaker 1: I would have been Okay, who what? When? Where? Where?
Speaker 3: Where to watch the Grammys CBS?
Speaker 5: I guess where is the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Why? Why?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Why are people mad at Kendrick Lamar. He would have been in more of these searches.
Speaker 3: He's coming up on one.
Speaker 1: Okay, why was Taylor bood.
Speaker 5: Because of the patriarchy obviously, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I don't want them. I don't want them coming at me. But I think there's some Taylor fatigue. Yeah, I think there.
Speaker 4: That's why she was booed because she brought in a billion dollars in the league, so they don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then people to say, you know, you can get you can go politics with that too. The top how question I told you he was coming up. How tall is Kendrick Lamar? Okay, oh yeah, he's a little fella.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Some sources have him listed at five six I see five to five out there. Drake is right around six feet if you're keeping score. But yeah, the number one how google the Google how the number one thing was how tall is Kendrick Lamar? He looked like a little fella. I think those those flared pants make you look they make you look shorter. All right, Well that's what I don't did anybody I didn't. I don't think I looked up any of those things.
Speaker 17: I think it's the last time I'm doing that bit rod Ryan Shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Like a park lost.
Speaker 15: Chilie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need you for this. I'll play a little game. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Everybody free beer Friday. I got one case of beer left. Thank you to our friends over at Specs. It's a study that just.
Speaker 3: Came out shows having children is good for your brain. I believe that. Yeah, I think your kids keep you young.
Speaker 1: Uh they say, especially having a ton of kids parenting and caregiving is linked to increased brain connectivity in areas that typically decline with age. Now, they didn't say exactly how many kids, and it doesn't work if you're there's no benefit to being an absent parent deadbeat. So for men specifically, having more children was associated with increased grip strength, which apparently is some sort of a predictor of overall brain health. Grip strength and brain health are connected. Having more children is linked to increased brain connectivity. The people I'm gonna mention should be some of the brain most brain connected people on the planet. Wells has a lot of kids, We're gonna play who's got more kids?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, where's chili?
Speaker 1: Chili? Good morning, Good morning Chili.
Speaker 3: Nick Cannon has twelve kids?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Who has more kids?
Speaker 1: Nick Cannon?
Speaker 3: Or Elon Musk?
Speaker 1: Elon? I think he was going for like thirteen already.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk has thirteen kids.
Speaker 1: Wow, grip is very strong. Oh my god, the grip strength on his strongest grip ever. Okay, practice, Alex. Nick Cannon has twelve Eddie Murphy who has more kids? Who has more kids? Alex, you're on the clock, Eddie. Eddie has ten? Nime? Well, all right, chili's in the lad So far, you're proving your little report wrong. Okay, Chili. Alec Baldwin, oh or Robert de Niro? Who has more kids? Who has more brain power?
Speaker 14: I'm gonna go with Alec Baldwin because I think the Niro might have like three, and Alec Baldwin's got like four.
Speaker 3: De Niro has seven.
Speaker 5: Oh you just had another one not that long ago, right, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Got a lot.
Speaker 3: He's got a young one. Alec Baldwin has eight.
Speaker 1: Chili. Again, I thought I lost Steven Spielberg. This is Alex now, Steven Spielberg or Mick Jagger? Who has more kids?
Speaker 5: I feel like Mick Jagger is the obvious answer, which makes me now want to go with that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go see Fieldberg.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go Spielberg.
Speaker 1: Damn you suck at this time. Spielberg has seven. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Jagger has eight. So he got that right, No, he said Jagger? So yeah, no, I said Spielberg. Jagger has more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because okay, he thought I was trying to trick him. Jagger has more. All right, here we go Robert de Niro, which we know has seven, or Madonna Chili. You're up, who has more kids? Madonna or Robert de Niro? Robert de Niro? Then Madonna's only that I won. Madonna has six. I didn't know she had any. I'm not she had what it is or whatever, Leon or whatever. She's got six kids. Like she kind of did that Angelina Jolee thing where she started, you know, adopting them all over the place, because the only one that we've seen is the grown one. She rescued kids. All right, did you so you went with de Niro on that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jill, I'm gonna give you one more Alex, just try to get on the board. I don't feel confident about it at all. You could do it, King, Angelina Jolie, Oh you're in trouble. Or comedian Jim Gaffigan has seven. I think who has more kids? Alex, Comedian Jim Gaffigan or Angelina Jolie who I already mentioned they went crazy and adopted babies all over the place. Who's got more kids? Come on, get on the board and I'm gonna go. Angelina Jim Gaffigan has five children, Angelina and Jolie and Brad Pitt have six.
Speaker 3: You're on the board, baby, all right, way to go, All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: I gotta give the game to Chili. Yeah, I gotta give the game kill so and I have no kids. So that makes your steady wrong.
Speaker 5: Well, it is good at saying that's knowing who has more kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean your grip strength is terrible, but you know who has more kids than other? When compared to other celebrities. You're untouchable in this game. Thank you. Way to go? Where to go?
Speaker 5: The Buzz Rocky and al Tan and very soon the.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten.
Speaker 1: Am ninety four or five buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers and around the world. Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show Premier Friday, presented by Specs.
Speaker 3: I've got one case of beer left for you.
Speaker 1: I'll hook you up at the top like at nine o'clock, give away that beer. Flip the phones over, boom. The last hour is all you uh, it is open phones Friday. We won't do a giveaway until those BlackBerry smoke tickets on Know the show, so you'll have the whole hour to call in talk about what you want. All right now Today ten percent chance of rain partley, cloudy high seventy six, beautiful day, Tomorrow beautiful day, ten percent chance of rain, sunny eighty two and then still Sunday ten percent chance of ring mostly sunny. I have seventy four. What an unbelievable weekend for one of the busiest weekends here in the Houston area. And Galveston's still counting on you, Galveston to come through party big time this weekend. All right, Alex one final top What are Houston headlines?
Speaker 4: Well? President Donald Trump hosted British Prime Minister Keir Starmer at the White House yesterday. The two met to make sure that any peace agreement to end Russia's invasion of Ukraine doesn't reward the Russians. President Trump stress that Russian President Vladimir Putin will need to make concessions of his own in these peace.
Speaker 1: Negotiations if they're to go forward.
Speaker 4: While Starmer and French President Mahom have committed to deploying peacekeeping troops, Trump has not committed to provide Ukraine any US security guarantees. A federal judge is blocking the Trump administration's firings of federal workers. US District Court judge ruled yesterday that the Office of Personnel Management must rescind a memo that resulted in the mass firings of probationary employees. Rulings stay that the firings were probably illegal, but does not reinstate workers who have already been dismissed. The judge also referred to probationary employees as the lifeblood of our government. There is another court hearing on the matter scheduled for March thirteenth. The Oscars are on Sunday at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Conan O'Brien will be the host the main event. We'll kick off at six o'clock and you'll be able to watch it on ABC, your mod Leuis and Disney Plus six o'clock.
Speaker 1: That's for amateurs.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's the gay super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Like they got three four hours of like red carpet.
Speaker 4: Stuff before that. Yeah, yeah, they'll they'll do all the pre stuff. Yeah, get probably at noon.
Speaker 1: It's all day for some people. Yeah, it is all day, and there are people that have like super Bowl parties.
Speaker 5: We're going to be best dressed, Rod Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Timothy Shell may just gonna win every he's but who's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be the best dressed. I don't care who wins. I think Demmy Moore is gonna show up looking looking fine. Now, Ariane, I know this is the other lady from Wicked. You're gonna do something weird.
Speaker 3: I know this isn't your wheelhouse, but you're it's a big deal for her.
Speaker 5: She'll probably watch some of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not like huge for her.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen she's seen all the other movies besides Wicked. Right, some people still watch the Oscar Yes, yeah, she usually the awards shows right, games on at that time.
Speaker 1: I might have the TV. I will be somewhere in New Orleans, passed out in King of the Street. Yeah, I don't think I'll watch any of it. I don't think i'll watch even one minute of it.
Speaker 5: I don't worry there won't be any recaps of it or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, the internet will recap me on everything that I need to know.
Speaker 5: Influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan are.
Speaker 4: Back in the United States after Romanian authorities lifted their travel restrictions. The two brothers are facing charges of human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Speaker 1: From their arrests in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: They were permitted to leave following pressure from high ranking officials in the US. Despite their return, the criminal case in Romania remains active and they're required to return for a police report next month. The two brothers landed in Florida, but despite their arrival, Florida Governor Ronda say Just says that they are not welcome there.
Speaker 1: Your average person driving into work this morning. What are the brother's names?
Speaker 4: Andrew Tate. I didn't really know about his brother, but Tristan Tate is is the other one. But Andrew Tate's the main guy. Do people know who they are If you're an alpha male that doesn't need women to satisfy your needs, then yeah, yeah, he just comes off as a douce to me.
Speaker 1: You can like him if you want.
Speaker 4: He just seems very like he's very Andrew Tate is the biggest Andrew Tate fan that there ever was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think your average person knows who he is.
Speaker 3: Was he an mma fighter?
Speaker 1: He was a kickboxer maybe, okay, and them sort of martial arts or fighting, And then did he become famous being on like an English version of Big Brother.
Speaker 5: Something along the lines of that.
Speaker 4: I was. I learned about him through other stuff too, but I just always saw people doing like impressions of him, okay, which is just like, dude, you.
Speaker 1: Don't need ladies in your life, Bros.
Speaker 5: If you if you listen to your girl, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: You're not a man. He's a super alpha male, opinionated guy when he was single. So once you stop at one thing of his on the internet, then that's that's all you see in your phone is Andrew Tate quotes.
Speaker 4: I don't tend to listen to people that are accused of human trafficking or sexualize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a rule that I live. That's a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Head and the Heart are about to have a big year.
Speaker 4: The band is releasing their sixth studio album, titled Aperture, on May ninth. To give everyone a taste of what's to come, They've already put out a new song called After the Setting Sun.
Speaker 5: The band is also hitting the road with their new music.
Speaker 4: The Aperture Tour is gonna kick off May thirty first in Detroit and it'll run through October. They're gonna make a stop in Houston on June fifteenth with a'll play at the Bayou Music Center.
Speaker 5: Tickets go on sale March seventh. That or those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right now, the kids switching gears that He's gonna tell us what's going on.
Speaker 3: In the world of sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Down at spring Training, the Astros lost to the Mets yesterday five to nothing. They're gonna play the Cardinals today down in West Palm Beach, Flota, first pitches at twelve oh five. Rockets are gonna be back in action tomorrow night. They're gonna host the until you had to say a tip off for that games at seven and you can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I've only got one case of beer left. I got one case of beer left, Thank you, Specs. I'm gonna give that away. We're gonna flip these phones around. Then you guys get the whole hour. Okay, it's open Phones Friday, the entire hour, last hour of the show. I want to hear what you guys have to say. I want you to send me your go Texans pictures. Show me that people are dressing up. Let's go Texans Day. Everyone I talked to he's like, no, dude, I don't do that. What all right? So open phones, free beer. We got another hour together, guys.
Speaker 15: Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Ninety four five The Bus Bam Friday. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 21: You got a free Bam.
Speaker 6: Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, good morning.
Speaker 21: Have you go Texan Day?
Speaker 1: Have me go Texan Day? Okay, someone else knows what's going on? Are you doing anything to show that you know that it's go Texting Day.
Speaker 7: I have my boots and jeans on only day of the year we can wear it my work.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting all day. I mean, I know this is radio, but I've been waiting all day for somebody that is dressed up today. You know, good job Castino, right, Christina, Hey, you call her number ten. I got a case of beer for you. I love it, all right, So what's the fit today? Tell me about the fit?
Speaker 7: Going maroon shirt because I don't get a dress. Professional jeans and my cowboy boots.
Speaker 21: Nothing too crazy, no no hot.
Speaker 7: I get headache too easily, so I don't fooled it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen, that's awesome. What do you do for a living?
Speaker 7: I work in healthcare.
Speaker 1: I work at a hospital. Okay. Are a lot of people dressed up today? Are you already at work?
Speaker 21: Some people are just kind of depends.
Speaker 7: Some people are wearing scrubs that kind of an office job.
Speaker 1: So I'm you know, fine, we're in Jane all day. Well listen, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 3: Thanks for celebrating Go Texting Day.
Speaker 19: All right, Oh, thank you, and I won listen in iHeartRadio, so not through the actual radio.
Speaker 6: In the car.
Speaker 1: Hey, I need to ask more people that, how are you listening? How did you hear? When to call all of that? You're on the app listening at work because I'm at work?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you on the are you listening on the phone or on a desktop on my phone?
Speaker 1: On the phone?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: And and you won the beer, so it's possible. Yeah, Okay, that's awesome. Thank you, Christina, have a great day.
Speaker 7: No, thank you, all you too?
Speaker 1: Thank you? How awesome is that awesome? She won on the listening to the iHeart app, which we got a bunch of presets. Now all wait, they rework the app. The app is pretty bad ass. The app is really really, really really good right now.
Speaker 3: So it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: Our company ever did after hiring me and then Alex and then Chili, yeah, all three of us. Then the app was probably the fourth best thing that our company ever did. Not this studio. No, it's a bad move. Open phones for Friday, Open phone Friday, more like open phones fried Yay, Okay, we're gonna set up Christina with her beers. It looks like everyone's calling for beer. I'm gonna go in and Rod Dog a couple of these calls just to see if maybe it is an open phones call. Good morning, who's this? Hey, this is Bob Blu Pablo. How are you today? I'm doing real good, rop it's good, it's good.
Speaker 3: Were you calling about beer?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am. I gave away the beer already, Pablo. But I got you on the phone.
Speaker 3: But if I got you on the phone, can we talk?
Speaker 1: Can we check out a little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Okay? Pablo? Where are you from? I'm here from Hereston okay?
Speaker 3: And you're up early because you are working?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yes, I am. What do you do, Pablo?
Speaker 13: I worked for professioners?
Speaker 1: Okay? Fact? Is it a factory type job?
Speaker 7: No, it's a warehouse.
Speaker 11: We sell nothing boats.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a warehouse.
Speaker 1: So how are you listening to the show that I'm fascinated with How people listen while they're at work? Is it a phone?
Speaker 3: Is it an old school radio? How are you hearing us this morning?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 7: I listened to you on iHeartRadio all the time.
Speaker 1: I love that. The app. It's the app. It's the fourth app. It's the fourth best thing that our company ever did. After hiring me Alex Chili. Then the app really is just it's been a breakthrough. It's been an absolute breakthrough. Well, listen, I love it.
Speaker 13: I listened to it all day long.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: I know you were calling for beer and I already had given it away. But I'm glad we have the time to chat this morning, Pablo. I've enjoyed it. Thanks for starting us off on and phones Friday today, Okay, bro, have a great weekend, Shaye? Is that open phones Friday? Hello, Shay, Hey, how you doing so great? How are you today?
Speaker 7: They'reen really good?
Speaker 1: What can I do? What can I do for you? On open Phones? Here? Okay?
Speaker 11: So I want to shout out.
Speaker 19: There's the new songs that just came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm listening.
Speaker 7: It's called No Love for the Insane. No, no, no, it's just a song called No Love for the Insane.
Speaker 1: I just released it.
Speaker 7: No curse words. By the way, Oh, this is on all platforms.
Speaker 3: This is your song.
Speaker 1: It is Okay, Shane, what do you do in the band?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band.
Speaker 23: Oh, it's just Shae, It's just me.
Speaker 1: It's just you. Okay, you're just You're a solo artist. You're doing all the music and everything. Yeah, oh I have a producer, so okay, I got you. And then you're the singer on this track.
Speaker 14: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, where can I find it?
Speaker 1: On all platforms?
Speaker 7: Spotify, YouTube, TikTok if, I spook, Instagram?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, we're doing this. We're going on this journey together. How do you spell your name? Shae Shay?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? It's just Shay? Okay, but how do I find it?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, what's the name?
Speaker 1: Just look up?
Speaker 24: It's called No Love, No Love, parentheses.
Speaker 1: For the insane, parentheses, No Love for the insane. That's you, right, yep? Okay, hang on a second, check this out. You promise there's no swearing.
Speaker 7: No, there's no swearing at all.
Speaker 6: Is this you?
Speaker 1: That's me? Okay, let's listen. You're so glad it doesn't suck, because if I did this, if I did this and it was terrible, this would be such a bad bit. This is good.
Speaker 24: Shay sounds good, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, This sounds really good. How long has this been out there?
Speaker 7: Two weeks?
Speaker 1: And what do you want to do with this? I mean, do you want to be a rock star, a pop star. You want to be a singer? I mean, you want to do this for a career? Are you doing this as a side gig?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, no, I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to do this? Okay? Uh it's Shay no love for the Insane. Well, now you've got forty six views because I just did it, so I just checked it out.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you sharing your music with us today.
Speaker 14: No follow him.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate everybody in the studio for making this happen.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Shoot your shot. Yeah, you gotta shoot your shot. Kenny Davis, Good morning, Y's over the road? Really good man?
Speaker 3: What you got for open Phones?
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, that song was not bad at all. That was actually I was actually pretty dang decent. I'm gonna turn my wife on of that. He's about to have eighty something more of you.
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you how scared I was to put that on live and you got the person right there and shape it did sound really good. So but if it would have stunk and I had that person right there, what would I have done?
Speaker 3: It's live radio?
Speaker 11: Are you laugh and then hang up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Kenny, what you got for me?
Speaker 7: What you got man?
Speaker 11: I'm excited about next week.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 11: See Reba Mcutarre at the Rodeo. I don't want to see her for years. Such an amazing artist. Give a shout out to my wife. You know, there's been been around for a while, so I'll keep it around for a couple more.
Speaker 1: Give a shout out to my wife. She's been around for a while.
Speaker 11: Yeah, seventeen years, been a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's a long time. Dude, that's a lot. But you're the one that's the Riba fan like you're the reason that you guys are going right.
Speaker 11: It's both watching her, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, that's awesome. She's been around for seventeen years.
Speaker 1: She's put up with you. Kenny Davis, Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Are you dressed up for go texting day today?
Speaker 1: No, I'm at work.
Speaker 11: It's like a responsible adult.
Speaker 1: Yell at me all right, Kenny, thank you do that? All right? Well, there you go off to a pretty good start on Open Phones. I was freaking out playing the Chay song live. That's another line. Open though, seven, one, three, two, two, nine, four five Open Phones Friday, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six am the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back, everybody. I'll get back to your phone calls. I've got every single phone line ringing coming to you. Megan Ooh looks like we may have Big d.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm coming to all of you.
Speaker 1: But first online Kid's Alex Online ninety five the Muzz. All right, what you got, dude? I got a game for you to kill some time at work today.
Speaker 4: Everybody's either hungover from cook Off or getting ready to go to cook Off.
Speaker 1: Or hungover from Marty Gar getting ready to go to Marty Gar. Whatever it is.
Speaker 5: It's called Lasso.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was appropriate for Rodeo season kicking off, and you're just a cowboy trying to last some farm animals. So see how many you can ask? How many points you can get kill all that time you want at work today. It's the one famous Rod Ryan showpage the Buzz dot com. This can help your bead throwing too, if you're to oh yeah, you know what I mean like that? I think I think that would hone your bead throwing skills.
Speaker 1: It seems like it all right. Coming to the phones. Hey, you're in luck.
Speaker 3: It's open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Helway says, you guys are lucky. Megan, good morning, Hey, good morning to you. You're on open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good.
Speaker 21: First time listener, first time callers.
Speaker 7: I feel really lucky today.
Speaker 1: Good Friday, first time listener.
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 21: I know my brother is a loyal listener and he's been on your show a few times. And I'm sitting in this normal Houston traffic. He's like, let's call into the radio. And I've never done it before. So here we are.
Speaker 3: You're visiting your brother here.
Speaker 1: Where are you? Where do you I am?
Speaker 21: I came in town from Tulsa, Oklahoma for the rodeo last night. I went to the cookoff and going to Great Wolf Lodge is my niece and nephew today.
Speaker 7: That's good weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I went to Great Wolf Lodge. Well, I went to the one outside of Dallas. That's a new one that you're going to here.
Speaker 7: It is a new one.
Speaker 14: I hear.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 5: It's badass. It is Wolf Good Lodge there. It is bad ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Megan, first time hearing the show, now, first time. All I want is your honesty. What are you Okay, what are your thoughts on this show? Like what you've heard this morning?
Speaker 24: You know, I think I think I might be hooked.
Speaker 21: Yeah, So I have to figure out how to get you guys in Oklahoma now, because we don't have this kind of thing up there.
Speaker 1: You can contact you can you can stay in contact with us and listen every morning live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Also on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yep, there we go.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so on Oh I could watch you interesting okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on our YouTube channel at rod Ryan Show. But the iHeart app. I need you to download that. Get it on your phone. It's free, and then you can listen to us every morning. Megan, I'd love to have you in on the family. That's awesome.
Speaker 21: Oh man, this would be great. So my brother came on there and did read read your lips? I guess. So he's telling me. He's saying he did well. But I don't know if I believe him or not on it.
Speaker 1: But what's your brother?
Speaker 21: He beat Alex? Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I can believe him or not.
Speaker 1: Believe him. He kicked Megan. I've really enjoyed you calling in. Thank you very much. I appreciate the honesty. Texans.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 1: First, I'm ever here in the show. Now listen, she said she likes what she hears, Big D. Don't mess it up.
Speaker 18: She likes.
Speaker 1: Of course she's gonna love Big D. Good morning, Good morning, brother Rod. We we we said that the guy that was playing Fresh out of Bed Head to Head, Now, listen, there's only one you, for sure, there's only one you with you, with that that golden, that golden voice of yours. It's like he's got a It's like he's got a flamethrower coming out of his chest, you know what I mean, like a blower. I'm like a hot rod. But we said he was getting off a Big D vibe, and then we just kind of thought, we haven't heard from you in Fresh out of Bed Head to Head in a while. What's going on? Yeah, I heard that, Brothers. I just started a new position at my job.
Speaker 25: I'm a diesel mechanic now, so i'm the road or I'm underneath the one of these buses or in the engine base, so I can't really be on the phone.
Speaker 3: Alex, you should go and help him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he needs some help. You should go and help him, because you're a nut under the hood. I mean, I don't know if you specialize in diesel, but I think Diesel's not really my specialty. I was more of an unleaded guy himself. But uh, you know what, I can probably figure it out if you need. We got a water holes around the side.
Speaker 3: If you need an apprentice, I got your guy.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you to learn from the best.
Speaker 1: It only happens once. If I can't take him away from the family. He's doing too good over there.
Speaker 3: All right, big d have a great weekend, dude.
Speaker 1: Good to have you on man. Love you guys, Thank you, Love you, big d Uh. He's a former winner of the Whole Thing, fresh out of bad head to head. A very nice mattress scored him up a free mattress, he sure did. Rick Rick, Good morning, you're on open phones Friday. Good morning brother, Good morning man. What you got you're on the air?
Speaker 7: Hey, So my daughter plays. She's twelve years old. She plays in a band.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 7: It's called Space Pirates over at the School of Rocking clear Lake, A great name.
Speaker 3: I wish there was a stay heck when I was a kid.
Speaker 7: Oh dude, Oh, you're not joking. So they're jamming this weekend at a little elementary school over off El Dorado forty five Landolf Elementary.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: And then Sunday she's killing it at Marti Gras on the Corona stage.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, she's getting two o'clock. Dude, there's a lot of people down there.
Speaker 3: That's a huge gig for her, a twelve year old.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, dude, she's played more bars than I've been in Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your daughter's name?
Speaker 10: Rick?
Speaker 7: Arianna?
Speaker 3: Arianna?
Speaker 1: In the name of her band, Space Pirates, Space Pirates.
Speaker 7: And the other band that's going to be playing with them also is bad Astronauts.
Speaker 1: Okay, another great name is really good?
Speaker 5: What does she what does she do?
Speaker 6: Ye? Right?
Speaker 3: What she plays the She plays the bass.
Speaker 7: Now, Oh, she's gonna be tearing some Green day apart.
Speaker 1: Sue Ryan. My sister played the bass, and I don't know what drove her, Like most kids want to play guitar, and my sister really wanted to play the bass. Guitar?
Speaker 3: What what got your daughter interested in the bass?
Speaker 7: She plays the upright bass in her orchestra at school. My sister she reads music. She knows how to read music and all of that but I said, on, don't you learn how to play the electric bass?
Speaker 1: That's so cool. My sister had a stand up bass for a while. It wouldn't fit in the car, Like the neck of the thing was sticking out of the window in the middle of winter, you know what I mean. It's like in the back seat. And then you know it's not a collapsible thing, so it's out a lot of the orchestra. That's awesome, all right, Rick, thank you man. I hope she makes some merch that they got any bro, I'll rock the hell out.
Speaker 3: I really, really, really hope she stays with it.
Speaker 1: Face pirates. Ray, you're next up on open phones. Good morning, Ray, Good morning guys. How are you doing great?
Speaker 3: Chilly says, you got something you want to plug?
Speaker 11: You bet.
Speaker 22: This is just a quick reminder that March eighth at the Pitch twenty five Beer Park thereby NRG, we're doing a benefit to raise money for the Houston firefighters that were trapped and severely burned. So there's gonna be live music, silent auctions, raffles, and every penny goes to the Houston firefighters and their families so they can get through their recovery.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a great thing. Is there is there any kind of a I don't know, something digital like on social. Is there a Facebook group or an event or anything that you can send to us and then Chili could maybe post it, you.
Speaker 5: Bet on Facebook.
Speaker 22: It's at just Cause band, so it's jus c oz because we play for just Causes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I'll be happy to send Chili the flyers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you email me in Chile, Chile, Chi, l I C hi l E at the buzz dot com and then put me on it right at the buzz dot com and we'll put it out there.
Speaker 7: Okay, I will do.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ray, You're awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 11: You bet.
Speaker 1: I have a great day. Yeah. I hope you guys raise a ton of money. Lisa, good morning, Good morning. Hey Lisa, you're next up on open Phones. What you got for us? It's Lisa and Paul, Lisa and Paul. Okay, we got a little got a little tag team.
Speaker 22: Paul.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is my slide of friends. So Lisa and Paul. They're from outside of New Orleans and they come to a lot of our events. I probably haven't seen you guys since maybe the car show. You guys always come to the car show.
Speaker 3: What are you guys up to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, head, it's in New Orleans. So you're from slide Dell, which is over the Lake Pontra train. So do you guys, do you go to the parades out there or do you go to the New Orleans parades?
Speaker 7: Both?
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll be in slide Al tonight and then hopefully in New Orleans tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am on float thirty six.
Speaker 1: I believe, neutral ground side on the pirate ship for ducks. Okay, boat pirates too. Yeah, yeah, I know that means nothing to anyone else, but that's where that's where. That's what you tell your friends. You're either on the sidewalk side or you're on the neutral ground side. Right, So I'm on neutral ground thirty six. And who knows what time, but the our parade gets rolling around noon or so on Saturday.
Speaker 11: Sounds good.
Speaker 6: Have a great rye.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys. Be careful out there on the road. That's another line open. That is another line open for open phones. Friday seven, one, three, two and two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 5: Come on The Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Papa Roach and no apologies. Good morning, brod Ryan's show. Come on, let's go. I'm gonna get everybody on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get everybody on that's on hold.
Speaker 1: It's open Phones Friday. All right, here we go. Mike's been on hold the longest. Mike, thank you so much for holding. How are you? I'm doing great?
Speaker 13: Ron, How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 3: Super great? I appreciate you holding man.
Speaker 1: You're on open Phones Friday, though, you made it what you got now.
Speaker 13: I just appreciate you for all the years I've been listening to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 13: I do energy audit and am now working for energy efficient window replacement company some with Energy one Windows of Houston. If anybody who needs replacement window, I'd love them to give you a call and look out for us online. And again I appreciate you. I've actually connection that we have. I helped you find a roof leak in your old house in the West Side.
Speaker 1: Oh really okay, yeah, So we have very infra stands so long time ago. I'll say this, the window industry that seems very competitive here, you know with I mean, you know there's window World and Anderson and what's the name of your company.
Speaker 13: It's Energy one Windows. Yeah, I mean, and yeah, there's some there's some big gas out there. We are one of the best energy efficient windows at one of the lower costs because yeah, we don't you don't hear our names, because we don't do a whole lot of advertising.
Speaker 3: You should advertise on this show.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 3: You're you're kind of advertising right now.
Speaker 1: I mean you might get why don't you shoot me? Why don't you shoot me an email?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'll definitely do that. Rod.
Speaker 3: How long you been doing this new gig?
Speaker 1: This was not too long, just under a year, okay, and it's going well, it is.
Speaker 13: I'm enjoying. It's a thing.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 13: I've been in construction one another. This is this is fun.
Speaker 1: Good for you, dude, I'm happy for you. Mike, shoot me an email. Dude, who knows? I might need some windows? Everybody needs windows at some point. Yeah, they all got to be replaced it. Emily, good morning, Hi, Good morning, Hey Emily. How are you.
Speaker 20: I'm doing great?
Speaker 16: How about y'all?
Speaker 1: Super awesome? You're on open phones Friday? What you got?
Speaker 20: Yes, I wanted to do like a PSA for everybody to remember to take care of themselves nice on like a self health journey, and so I started going to the gym. I've been up since four in the morning because I did two classes. So I just wanted to make sure everybody remembers take some time and do your workout.
Speaker 3: Don't you do it, Alex, don't you do it?
Speaker 1: Fine, don't you do it?
Speaker 3: You let her preach. She's giving good information out here.
Speaker 20: To the members at the CAP Transformation Center Houston off of Federal Road. I drive from Missouri City all the way over there three times a week in the morning to get my workout in because the community environment there is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. What are you working on today?
Speaker 1: Glutes? I see the girls on the squad rack all the time. It was leg day, So shout out miss Rosie.
Speaker 20: That's my mama. She's fantastic and she motivates me and everybody else that's in that gym.
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good luck continue on your journey. That was a great message today. Bye, thank you. Andrea. You're next up on open phones. I'm gonna get every one of you on Hello Hi Andrea. Hello, Yeah, you're on the air.
Speaker 19: I just wanted to say, hello, I've been listening to y'all all week.
Speaker 1: Yes, and.
Speaker 19: I had a lot of fun this week listening to y'all. But I also wanted to say. My mother in law is trying to win America's Favorite Teacher, and I was asking if anybody could go vote for her, just to make sure that she gets that. They the winner gets twenty five thousand dollars. Yeah, a trip to Hawaii, an article on Reader's Digest, and a Bill Knight comes to their school to do a assembly.
Speaker 1: So how do people vote for your mother in law? Is it something through Reader's Digest?
Speaker 19: No, you go to www dot America's Favorite Teacher dot org forward slash forward slash Victoria Ellis and that's I also sink you an email.
Speaker 1: Oh you're the rideshare driver? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, and you sent me a link. Yes, okay.
Speaker 19: I'll put it out there and people can vote once a day for free, every twenty four hours. It goes on for the next.
Speaker 3: Sixty Who is she taken to Hawaii with her if she wins?
Speaker 1: No idea?
Speaker 19: Hope is me because I'm helping her win?
Speaker 1: Hey, I know you're out there you're pimping it. You better go all right. Thank you, Andrea appreciate that. Matt, You're next up on open Phones. Hello, Matt, what's up? Brother Rod? Twenty year listener here man, Thank you.
Speaker 17: This is only the second time I've called in real, so I hope the reason I called in was she appreciates it because it is not easy to get in here. But you had to call her earlier Shay promoting her song.
Speaker 13: Yeah No Love, and I decided to give.
Speaker 7: It a listen.
Speaker 13: Guys, you got to listen to it. It is actually really good. It's like early two thousands pop punk is.
Speaker 1: It is awesome. I liked it. Somebody said, Rod, you got balls for playing that because that was truly live.
Speaker 3: We could have got we could have out and rickrolled.
Speaker 1: It could have been filled with every expletive in you know, known to mankind. And I trusted her and and and it turned out to be it was really good.
Speaker 17: I mean yeah, I mean she she needs to get a little bit more excited about promoting, so hopefully I'm helping her out here.
Speaker 1: And the vocals seemed like.
Speaker 13: They probably could have been up a little bit louder, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean it was it was pretty good. I liked it. It's uh, it's no Love for the Insane and it was Shaye, and it's playing right now.
Speaker 6: Matt.
Speaker 1: You're awesome man. She has to be absolutely tickled. And the fact that she got a callback from you bringing it up and now I'm playing it again, she's got to be losing her mind today.
Speaker 3: Man, you're a good man, Matt.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, you have a good one. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: It's our friend Shay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, soon to be star. Yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool. I got time for one more. I got time for one more.
Speaker 12: Pete.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, morning brother, my Pete. How are you? I'm good? How you doing great?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the last call for open phones.
Speaker 1: What you got, Pete? Bus best talk to men.
Speaker 23: It's gonna be my daughter's first bus best. I know it's not till May, but her birthday is this Sunday, so I want to give a shout out happy birthday at Desree.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be your first bus best.
Speaker 23: She's gonna be twenty years old.
Speaker 1: Okay, time out. Your kid's either one years old or twenty years old. Twenty years old, she's twenty years old and she's going to her first bus fest with you nice yes, sir. Wow, Now she's been to concerts before, right or no.
Speaker 23: She's no, she's she's actually been to one concert, Red Hot Chili Peppers think twenty twenty three her first?
Speaker 1: So what made this one different? That she's finally going and getting out the lineup?
Speaker 23: They are more familiar with the lineup, or and a brother and I've been trying to get them to go.
Speaker 1: For years that I've been going for years, Pete, that's awesome. Yeah, I plan on having my kid there. You know, it's awesome. It's I mean, sharing these things with your kids. I don't know. Our parents didn't give a squad about doing that.
Speaker 23: No, we didn't go to any bust when we were young at I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think my mom was taking me to a rock concert and crazy. All right, Well listen, Pete, I love that way. To close it out. What are the kids names?
Speaker 23: Pete, Desre and Nathaniel And this is Sneaky Pete brother.
Speaker 1: It is Sneaky Pete from Alvin. Yes, sir, yes, all right, bro, thank you, thank you. Yeah, I'm excited about Buzzfest. Plus we had that big announcement. We had it stabbing Westward this week. Guys. That was a really fun fun round of.
Speaker 3: Open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: It was really really fun. I mean, Shay gets the sticker, the scratch and sniff sticker with the great job.
Speaker 3: I mean, Shay, Shay, you get the sticker on your paper.
Speaker 1: Good morning for her. All Right, guys, I've got BlackBerry Smoke tickets. Can we still do know the show? We sure can't. Already got my question? Righty, Wow, this guy, you're doing your job. I must be the other guy. I must be the other guy. All right, BlackBerry Smoke tickets.
Speaker 3: On the flip of this brake.
Speaker 5: Stay with US Rock and Alternative US to the.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 7: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Sorry, I was out the door. I forgot we had to do another show.
Speaker 3: I was already. I was halfway to the airport.
Speaker 1: I had to turn around and come back. I'm just kidding. La la la la la la la la la la. I knew we had to do Know the show. I'm sitting on these BlackBerry Smoke tickets. March twenty eight, because every won three music halls to do. I'm gonna pull up my calendar R now I want to see if I can go to this show. But if you want to go to the show, Alex, what what would your question be? Be a pretty easy one? We or what celebrity did we talk about today? It's going to be.
Speaker 4: She's going to space with Jeff Bezos's fiance as part.
Speaker 5: Of an all female crew the girls. What is the celebrity that we talked about the most notable.
Speaker 1: Names like Gallas. They'll be chatting up broads in space.
Speaker 3: They'll be chatting the whole way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was talking. I won't even look at it. It'll be like a like a movie.
Speaker 5: Did you see Space?
Speaker 1: I don't know you were chatting.
Speaker 3: It's like the view in space?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 6: Oh my guys?
Speaker 1: We play it?
Speaker 25: Is that.
Speaker 1: All right? Seven? One, three, two two five ninety four five?
Speaker 9: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio Anning ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five, The Bus Stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Thank you so much for having a song nineteen fifty five. We got one last bit of business to get to and then we're gonna turn you guys loose for the weekend.
Speaker 3: And what a weekend it is with beautiful weather too.
Speaker 1: I know we've kind of stressed that all morning long, Martin gard Galveston beautiful right, barbecue, world famous barbecue cook off, this weather, You couldn't draw it up better, So you better get out there. He's now time for I Know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: L La.
Speaker 13: La la la la la la.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this him? You calling about? Know the show? Your third talking about checks in space?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Chicks, all right, him me.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to Alex. He's got the question for you.
Speaker 1: What's celebrity did we talk about today?
Speaker 4: That's going to be going to space with Jeff Bezos's fiance as part of an all female flight crew.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kate Berry, Katy Pay would you have set?
Speaker 3: Would you have accepted Gail King?
Speaker 1: I would have, yeah, because we did mention her. She's part of the all star line of explorers, right Brave also been acceptable? Hi, May, I got tickets to go see BlackBerry Smoke March twenty eight seven to one to three music called You're in Man, Yeah, third, Yeah, I'm excited for you hiding. I really am the first time winning felting, So it's pretty pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: How is that?
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the first timers. I feel like this happened a bunch this week, Like we had a hey, I got I got a ring this morning for the free beer, but I didn't get through well, you know, chili, chili doing chili doing chili things.
Speaker 3: There you go, right, I mean, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you guys, Thank you himy hey for me. Okay, do you know what time it is? I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever and the only prescription it's more cow bell.
Speaker 12: Whay whoa?
Speaker 1: I tried to hit the post on that I didn't. I tried. All right, guys, we gotta go. Thank you again for open phones. I really enjoy that segment.
Speaker 16: I like it.
Speaker 1: What bomb today was the who what when wearing why? Some guy said, dude, it's trash, don't do it again. What did you google? Like the month before I think I'm gonna killed that bit. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, it's a fun game to kind of guess along with yeah, it's just but yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was weak. I thought it was weak. Thank you specs for the beers. Uh, David, what happened? I'm fresh out of bad head to heead?
Speaker 5: I don't even remember David law I had a sheet. He lost, right, David lost to.
Speaker 1: Rick Rick.
Speaker 5: He took out David slick Rick slick Rick.
Speaker 1: That's right, Okay, Well that's it. Jeremy wants to get in here. Next.
Speaker 3: I have six picks this weekend.
Speaker 1: We have a guy.
Speaker 3: I don't have it in front of me.
Speaker 1: He's going to take pictures Chili already like grilled Them's like, make sure everybody in those pictures they can be on social media and make sure they're PG. And I respond, I go PG thirteen thirteen because Chili is not going to the rodeo. Do you change your mind? Did we do anything to.
Speaker 3: Change your to sway you a little bit? Chili? Anything?
Speaker 1: Give me a second? Old Okay, I had to put the listener hold.
Speaker 3: You got a nice long weekend ahead of you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm I'm still like fifty to fifty. Yeah, it'll come down to the mood that I'm in around two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal. Just give me your address, I'll set a listener, will come and pick you up and take you yeah, drop you off. I mean, I have no issue with that. It's just the problem is how'm money to get home? Okay, So we'll just give you a complete PA personal assistant that they just wait for you up front. Okay, that's what we'll do.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but all right, but we got to have a video camera on us the whole time because I don't want nothing funny to be set on Monday or the next morning.
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, listen, if you are heading on to Marty Grog Galveston, be safe, have a great time. Okay, I took all the rain for you last week. If you're head not taking World the World Famous Barbecue cook Off today, have a great time. Okay, pace yourself, Okay, I get it. Jello shots, you see them, you think like you gotta have all of them. You don't have to have all the jello shots.
Speaker 5: Make sure you eat in between, drink some waters, make some waters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So have a great weekend. If you do have some great pictures to share with us.
Speaker 1: I would love to see them, and we'll we'll be talking about them on Tuesday, as we have a long weekend. We'll be off on Monday and then it's a short week and then you guys can bitch and moan and complain about us, because then we're taking off for spring break. Yeah, okay, that's it. Jeremy's up next. He has uh pick your tickets in the one o'clock.
Speaker 3: Hour, NonStop noon or he just rocks out for a whole hour.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Be safe.
Speaker 1: Hey hev Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.