Speaker 1: The artist formerly known as Prince Andrew got Randy label lost, the dodgy man called Bandy Wigan and Hu k art in Fine and Andy and Perth wants someone that could be Handy. Mandleson left in disgrace for reasons we know. But why did Oldham's Mike Ford up and go? London beat Oldham? But that wasn't the news. Lee and John are here to give you their views. Welcome to the eighth episode of super League three sixty. Here podcast primarily about the top tier of British rugby league, but increasingly, John, we seem to be going down into the championship lately.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say that's the best intro podcasting I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you. I'd like to thank all my family.
Speaker 2: Now we do dip into the championship. I mean the Championship is two rounds in and Super League kicks off in nine days as we record this, so we will we will switch focus. But yeah, I mean I think they chamionshit. There's some great stories and there well there has been and it's very different, as you know to the NRL where you know and you so well queens and doesn't really get talked about in connection with the NRL, but it is different in because of promotion and relegation historically, it is different in England.
Speaker 1: Didn't even introduce ourselves. My name is Lee and.
Speaker 2: My name is John Davidson. I think if people have been listening this for eight episodes they might work that out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we added some poet laureate. I'm a coach in Australia who's obviously not got an Australian accent. I've been here a while. John's a journal in the UK and you work out he doesn't have an English Well, I would argue sometimes you don't have an Australian accent. If Susan in the world considered considering your based in Yorkshire, you have some mank in your accent somehow. But I don't know how that works, but I do. I do recommend that if you want to know a little bit more about us, please read the description or listen to some old pods, because, like John hinted at, we've been doing stuff for a while. We did the Ashes Rugby League podcast in twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five, sorry jeez, and now we've switched to a Super League three sixty and everybody who followed us on ASHES Rugby League. You'll probably still listening to this on ASHES Rugby League, but please switch over to Super League three sixty so that I have to do less work in the next week or two. But you can always listen to it on the Rugby League Coach platforms and on the Rugby League Coach YouTube channel two, so if you subscribe to those, you won't miss a thing. John, your tweets of the week, you've been a little quiet. Imagine we're recording in a shorter window, aren't we. We've not had seven days in between. The tweeter I want to bring up from you was a tweet that you were talking about the London crowd. You said, not seeing a figure look smaller than the Witness game, maybe three thousand, with a question mark which suggests you're app was there three thousand?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'd actually asked someone who was at the game who didn't know another journalist, and I had no idea what the crowd was. I knew it was smaller than the well just using my eyes as as a measure, smaller than a Witness game, which I also watched on YouTube. And my guess was somewhere between two thousand and you know, three thousand. Yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: And Caer and Bradford Bulls on X accused you of exaggerating attendance figures for a club. I'm pretty sure you were asking a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if comprehension in the UK is what it was previously or education. But you know it wasn't a statement of fact, it was a legit. I don't know, it was a question. I don't know how anyone could misunderstand that.
Speaker 1: Or I did a video on my Rugby League Coach platforms from my Rugby League Coach podcast, and I was talking about how wrestling can often so can often be a symptom of a poor tackle in terms of technique. So I was encouraging coaches not to be obsessed with the wrestle over over contact. So in other words, make sure you put the contact in before you do the wrestle. And some of the comments I've had people telling me how important the rookie is. You know rooks, and we all know the root wins the game, blah blah blah, and they're just completely missing my point because they've decided not to listen to the words is often well yeah, and that well we're we're wordsmith's a little bit, aren't we? Like we we do listen to what each other says and and read what people say and then respond to that. Where some people just gat the Rugby League tweet of the week, I think undoubtedly and some Australians won't know this, but Mike Ford's resignation I told him and it was tweeted, and his son George piled in and we'll go into this. We'll go into this in a moment, Mike said. Mike Ford said the direction of travel of the club is not something that I feel I can be part of. And his son George expressed his pride in his daddy and said, it's a travesty has had to come down to this. Sport is a funny way of exposing the truth as to why things happen. The team and people are always more important than an individual. So we'll unpack that a bit soon, John. But this was this was this was something to wake up to one day. This was this was good on one day, like, oh, what's going on here? I think you were out with family on Sunday and and got the news I watched.
Speaker 2: I watched the first half of the Oldham Landing game. In the second half I was in a pool with my kids taking the swimming. But yeah, the fact that that that came out or that tweet came out literally I think just after full time and that the photo that used was was was I've got that.
Speaker 1: I've got that in he's laughed, so don't talk to him. Yeah, it was just it was pretty shocking. Apparently the club knew that it was going to happen, but it was a fairly shocking. Way I went out to nakes it. I would say, get a job, ready to because you didn't send me a job. You didn't you didn't jab me. This week Socials pop at Lee of the Week A post I did about the Aussie's the Australian squad not being the best even though they won three nil. A video did where I said there was too many cooks in the team so tactically when I analyzed the game, it seemed obvious to me too many people were trying to play in pivotal roles and not leaving it to the halves basically. And I must have done that post three months ago three and a half months ago. It's still going John. Yesterday, Norman Buffalo said to me, quote you're cooked because I said there was too many cooks in the kitchen. And he replied to me, Norm said you're cooked. I replied, you're slow because the post months Ruben von Lichtenstein a week ago. I missed it. It should have been in last week's podcast.
Speaker 2: Is that is that? Count Reuben?
Speaker 1: It sounds like it sounds like a European Parliament senator.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a Transylvanian prince or something.
Speaker 1: The Transylvanian prince said, quote, who the f is this? T w A T hey hole, d head? You sees got belted three nil. So the f is rounds with book, the t W A t you can spell like yourself, d head Richard head, and you sees is rounds with hunt.
Speaker 2: I dosed that message. It sounds.
Speaker 1: I replied, thanks beautiful. And then and then sometimes when somebody really abuses me, I have a look at the profiles. If it's a hidden profile. And he actually lives in Brisbane, so I invited him out for a beer to discuss his thoughts about me and the Bradford thing is still going about jab Peacock. But the thing that I went, all the partner went, did he play for Bradford?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah right, it shouldn't have forgotten. It shouldn't have forgotten.
Speaker 1: And it's that old. I had a Christmas hat on on the video, so and I promise you I don't wear them in January and some fella on YouTube had a go at me and said I had something against London because my analysis showed their faults. I had to explain that I'm a coach and it's called analysis.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. I understand that. I mean an else's video that looked at strengths and weaknesses is.
Speaker 1: Apparently have got something against London. I just said.
Speaker 2: In my experience though, a lot of clubs and a lot of coaches are very anal about you know, how they train and people finding out, you know, what they do, and behind closed doors and training sessions they don't they don't like and I'm talking about in all walks of rugby. They don't like people, you know. I don't think they're generally reinventing the will, but they don't like people knowing. So I'm sure there are people who actually don't show you know, don't show the weaknesses of London because someone else will watching it and given away.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, I did a show called Queensland League Scene and it was hosted by Taylor Brown and John Devine and Taylor Brown's an ex player of mine and went on to play Queensland Cup. And I used to do an analysis segment every week and the analysis segment was very popular, as you can imagine, and apparently Taylor used to get calls every week off the coaches, who the f is this pomme b because basically I had found all the weaknesses in their side there was And there was one coach who took the exact opposite view of that. He's won premierships and he actually asked me to do more analysis for his team and he's probably the most successful coach in that competition in the last few years and has also coached elsewhere, so tells its own story if you ask me, we had plenty of questions. John sam Grundy asks how long will the quicker rook be allowed before they changed their minds again, he's referring to the rule changes in England or the interpretation changes. The game seems to swing like a pendulum when you look at how it's been refereed over the last couple of decades, is so right?
Speaker 2: Is so right?
Speaker 1: So how long? How long will it last this time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to It's hard to know because it seems to be there's a crack down every season on one thing. Another might be ey shots, that might be Roxby, it might be whatever, and there's a flurry of penalties and then it kind of peedes out right round five or six. Yeah, it is just it's impossible to predict. I hope, I hope that clubs, whether the referees holding of the RFL holds its nerve and we do have cleaner and quicker rocks.
Speaker 1: You probably just answered the question John, round five or six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be betting my life on the fact that they stay the same all the ways. Other season.
Speaker 1: Ian Stockdale added, the play the ball has got to be a talking point over here, meaning England. It's a joke. Some players touch the ball with their foot or they just throw it between their legs, which spoils the game for me. And he's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The other thing, and I've mentioned this on this podcast, once or twice the amount of times the markers aren't square in Super Lean Yeah yeah, And you can even look at last year's Grand Final and it's been going back at the very least since twenty nineteen. They've not been policing this. Because I was a Wigan versus Salford in the Super League semi final that year when they got to the Grand Final and I was with a Salford fan behind the sticks and it stuck out like dogs testicles because I was behind the sticks and I'd never noticed it before. And I said to my dad, I said, the markers are never square in this competition and to me, it sticks out like dogs testicles. And I don't know why they don't fix it. And there was a couple of occasions in the Super League Grand Final where the referee completely lost control of the ruck. I e, something messy happened, because that's what happens, you know, not every rook is the same. And he lost complete control of it. And what I can't even begin to describe what happened, but that those play the balls because it was.
Speaker 2: All I think that's that's a fairly regular occurrence. I mean, everything from the market is the tacklers lying on the plata ball, slowing it down. The actual ability to play the ball with your foot, which is the rule, seems to be, or at least the interpretation in England is you just have to make an attempt, so you can just basically put them down and just throw a leg near it. You don't actually to touch it. Is very messy and I think generally referees just don't want to be blowing the p out of their whistle, so they kind of turn a blind iron times. But I think because of that, players think they can get away with it, and then it happens all the time. And say the other thing is the ten meters which often becomes nine and a half nine meters eight and I think one coach actually told it, told me that was the theory was, well, you can't really penalize them. If they're all offside, you can't really penalize them. So it's kind of that if their line speed is consistently nine and a half meters, it's very hard to actually penalize them. As a case if you've got a shooter who's coming off, you know, say the there was also something the referees brought in maybe a decade ago where they were actually standing back eleven meters so that they could look at the defensive line better.
Speaker 1: They were in Australia anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Didn't communicate it very well, so every crowd was shouting getting on, get him on side and having a coronery because the defenses were literally half a meter or a meter in front of the referee. Sometimes the players didn't know when they were going back eleven meters. One of the greatest comments in rugby league history for me, one of the most famous is that's a big ten or that's a small ten. Well ten is ten and with proper bart's fields, which as we know is a problem in England, it's a lot easier to officiate.
Speaker 2: So I know two referees went out of a while ago, but to be honest, I actually quite I liked the two referees because you've got one referee who's looking at a rock and the players laying all over the ball, and then you've got one actually policing at ten. And it's the same in not to throw on the other guy, but it's the same in rugby union. The amount of off sides now in rugby union, and where they don't have to be far back, but their laun spent is crazy because you can't literally there's that much going on. A referee can't really police look directions.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know what's going on here. Paul Atkinson. You've got a message, haven't you, John? I have, yes, because Paul Atkinson miracle. Paul Atkinson wrote and said, how was the breakfast at the Holiday in York on Sunday?
Speaker 2: I was a bit I was. I saw that took me back. I'm like I'm being stalked. Yes, I was. I was at the New York Holiday in in in New York City Center on Saturday, and and then I did.
Speaker 1: The breakfast was lovely, Thank you, Paul. I enjoyed it so obviously somebody was in the York.
Speaker 2: Well it was. It was alawful.
Speaker 1: I mean, all I'm hearing is Paul saying it was at the Holiday Inn and you were, so that's all.
Speaker 2: He didn't come up and say which is which is?
Speaker 1: But intrepid David Wright, what do you lads make of Saint Helen's this year? It seems to me they've got too many players that aren't in the right position. I have no idea if they're going to be good or rubbish? Can I can I start with that? I Paul Rowley being the coach, David, and thanks for the question. David is expect different, I think. So I'm not saying he's out there so much like a Einstein or Rugbiley coach or strange analyst, but he does have a slight different method of football that's away from the cookie cutter method. So and I wouldn't be surprised if Paul roy has got excited and you might see some players interchanging position a little bit, because coaches are coaches and they study all sorts of sports. And again, somebody who's been in vogue or in the last decade in the round ball game has been Pep Guardiola, and I do think he's possibly coming out of vogue now. But one thing Pep Guardiola does is interchange positions in the middle of games. So you center half becomes your midfielder, becomes your right wing, becomes your left wing. The change positions all the time basically, and change tactical formation. So I would I won't be surprised if I mean, you'll know more about the squad, but I wouldn't be surprised if Paul Rowley is thinking along those lines a little bit just to messings up. And I know I've done things in the past. I've I've played without a hooker and had an extra prop on the field and used second rowers to be done me half on each side. I've played without locks, I've done all sorts. I've played without halves to have two extra props on the field, so that you know, there's no rules that say you have to have a full back at six and a seven. So which is funny because in the in England, the team sheet that they put on the door literally says full back, standoff, scrum half, loose forward, whereas a team sheet in Australia says one to seventeen.
Speaker 2: And also, I mean Jackson Hastings is one of the big cint Alan signings for this year and he's got the shirt thirty one, so he's not got you know, six or seven, he's got thirty one and he will probably play the halves, although just building on the point he said he might. You know, there's there's rumors that he could play lot in the thirteen spot.
Speaker 1: Well wanted him there a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean you look at the success of well say Tommy did and in State of Origin and for the Kangaroos were recently and the way the game has changed to have that sort of more ball playing lock. Yeah, Saint Helens Is it's a good question because I really can't pick how they're going to go this year. I mean, obviously Paul Wellens left. He'd been there well his whole career, but had been there as an assistant for Uma before coming head coach. So new, completely new coach, new philosophy. It is an aging squad in part. They've got some really good young players coming through. But you look at Lomax, Wormsley, Clark, syn and Percival, you know it's a really aging squad. So how they balanced that is going to be interesting. The issue with the halves last year had you know, they've got Tristan Saylor who's a fullback and then they try to play at six. It in works and they move wells Be from fall back to six, which kind of work. But Lomax, you know, there's a lot of pressure on him to keep his spot. They've got a really good young half back there and with George Whitby, but is he ready to play week in week out. There's a lot of question marks there. You know, they've signed man named McDonald who is very talented but tends to be rocks and diamonds and you know, leaves a lot of clubs. And then you know they've signed David Klamer who obviously he has had a great career in Origin and Australia, but he's been sort of shown the door a couple of clubs now at least you know, Western Newcastle. So he's also heading towards the end. So that Saint Helen's are a weird one. I think there could be anything from you know, top three to all about or eighth or ninth. I really I really can't say. I mean, I think they'll probably end up fifth or sixth. But yeah, it's it's it's quite an unpredictable one. And what that spine, you know, whether they you know, they go with with Lomax and Hastings or whether they go with Lomax or Whitby, or whether they go with Whitby and Hastings or Hastings is at thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you've got Whitby, Lomax, Hastings, Wellsby.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and so and Saylor. He's not a six. His best position is fullback, and I think they've used him at fullback. They've used him in the wing, they've used him, signed him as a six, but it just didn't work because he's a ball runner. He's not a he's not really a half. He's a fullback. So yeah, it's it's an interesting one. But you know, they've also got some great players. You know, Harry Robinson's a real, real star, George Delaney, you know, they've got Maddy Lee's, They've got you know, some real experience there. So it's yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think they're going to play a lot of football. I think they're going to play a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. I think. I mean, generally poor roll. These teams have thrown the ball around, been quite entertaining, and that's probably the Wholebrook and Wolf and Wellans area has been really more based around defense launch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Different with my coaching hat on. Right, if the rook speed up, it's not necessarily the best player to play football. Because of the rook speed up you're probably playing You're better playing a little bit more north south to get momentum.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I always said in Super League about a decade ago when Sean Wayne's Wigan sides, or maybe a bit longer when Shaun Wayne's wiggansides were doing well and Madges Wigan sides. The simpler you are in Super League tended to work because the Rooks were so fast, but they've allowed them to get slow and it's like touch touch rugby as they call it in England or touch as they call it in Australia. Players just literally go in and dump the ball on the ground and they just scoop from dumby half. It's because it's all about getting momentum. So so yeah, it's going to be intriguing to watch that and therefore it's really important the referees stick to their guns so that people can plan. So Paul Rowley will have to think about that too, the balance between going forward and going sideways. Matthew Darnley, These questions are brilliant by the way our followers are smart. Matthew Darnley said. Given the current structure of Super League, lack of money in the game below super League, do you think it would be worth moving to a similar model to the NRL, Which is funny you've already mentioned it a little bit affiliated clubs that allow reserve players to develop under a stronger competition like the Championship, just like New South Wales and Queensland cups would still keep their identity like Redcliff and Bears have done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a great question. I've advocated for that for years. The problem is because of the way the English game is set up and until recently when we had League One, you know, and in the past we had Toronto who went from League One, got into Championship and then were in the Super League and eventually you know, usually it was you had to work your way up the divisions, which is what to Louse have done, which is what York have done, and Bradford this year. But that's the problem is you have clubs who are aspiring to be in Super League, so you can't really be a feeder team if you are aspiring to be in Super League. You know, the black Town whatever they are, the Blacktown Seagulls are not aspiring to be in the NRL because they are mainly feeder club and the same with all the other ones. A different system, different system, yeah, yeah, it's the promotion and regular relegation system.
Speaker 1: England has a sporting class system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in saying that, I think we are because of as that commenter said, the lack of money in the game. We are moving that way because you look at what York's doing with Newcastle and you know effectively, well your.
Speaker 1: Simon Halls asked that question, what's your thoughts on the link up between York and Newcastle? And lots of traditionalists are losing their minds, So tell everybody about that link please, John Well.
Speaker 2: Effectively, the owner of Newcastle, was it eighteen months or so ago, pulled out. I think he went through a divorce. He was I think his name was Seymour Curdie and he went through a divorce. He owned the Newcastle Falcons and the Newcastle Tuners of the Rugby Union, the Rugby League clubs, went through a divorce, sold the clubs and effectively the Thunder basically almost went bust. Was a volunteer run club with a load of local kids, university kids from Newcastle and they were getting pumped every week. Now York has sort of they've invested in the Newcastle Thunder and they're using it basically as their feeder team. Now that's pissed off a lot of people. But to be honest, I think it's quite smart from York. You know it the well I think we talked about this another podcast. The reserve competition doesn't really exist anymore, so there's not really a pathway from under nineteens to Super League if you're not ready at say eighteen nineteen to make that jump. So did you Championship is the way in between, and it's it's just a smart it's a smart play I think by York. I think we'll see more and more of it. But the issue is, you know, like we mentioned London and Oldham. Like London want to be in Super League, so they're not going to be a feeder club for anyone, are they. Oldham I want to be in Super League as well. They've got aspiration. So it's kind of a one foot in, one foot out front of system. It's it's not fully copied in our own model, but maybe in the future it will.
Speaker 1: Let's just do a selfie, y'all.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: It doesn't isn't the isn't the duel contract thing that's been scrapped. Isn't that duel reg Isn't that going in a different direction?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean effectively it's a loan. It's a loan system now. I mean juell reg was quite controversial because a lot of clubs and players didn't like it. You know, you were a Leeds player but you went on duel reg to FEV for say a month, but you were playing in their colors and you know, people didn't seem to like it. But it's effectively a loan system now. So yeah, it's it's it's changed, but there is still movement between the divisions in terms of players.
Speaker 1: I'll stop doing self is now cock. Gwomble twelve on X said, how seriously are English rug the league stakeholders taking the potential of Sky not bidding for the next Super League broadcast deal? Is there any chatter about rival bidders waiting in the wings or other rivals queuing up to talk to for Landi's first.
Speaker 2: Well, there's been. There's been people trying to discredit Steve Mascot's report, a couple of people, which is a bit pathetic, I would say, But go into a bit more detail about that report in case anybody. Well, effectively, Steve did a column for our Patreon side talking about, you know, things that he'd heard coming from Australia that after this next contract that Sky wouldn't be bidding from for Super League, which if true is you know, is very concerning and very well. I've been asking around. There hasn't been much talk at senior levels about the Sky deal. No one seems to be saying anything or about negotiations. I know we've covered this before, but Temt lost the Champions League, so there is the argument that they have money to invest in another sport. But yeah, I think the real problem is and a lot of people don't seem to realize how nationally rugby league in the UK is not popular. It's just not big enough. It doesn't get enough publicity.
Speaker 1: And while the raid of podcast now all be cares about us, No, the.
Speaker 2: Thing is, people do care, but it's probably a core of about two hundred thousand people and it's not if anything, the national profile since the nineties, since the start of Super League, and maybe since the early two thousands has gone downhill, you know, and that's that's reflected. So it's very hard. They need another to come in, and you know, we need to push the game. We need more publicity, we need more airtime, we need to be marketing ourselves a lot better. Yeah, I mean, just to the lastly add on that, I mean, the tendance's were up last year, so that's a good sign ratings were up. But to actually grow the TV contract, it's going to be difficult because it's a very tough TV market. Like people don't watch TV like they used to in the past. You know, they watched it, They watch streaming, they watch YouTube. It's not you know, Saturday night, I sit down at eight o'clock and watch the box.
Speaker 1: It's just not how people consume. I got a little bit of sorry if I interrupted. I got a little bit of thought from a Sky employee when I was talking to him about this issue, and they had a feeling that Sky would be loyal in terms of they've been. They're basically grown with the sport of rugby league and the English Premier League, and the two things happened at the same time in the early to mid nineties, so they've grown to together. And those who are of a certain vintage will remember the old BSB dishes satellite dishes, and then the B sky B dishes and Eddie and Steve o at grounds like Featherstone all of a sudden making the game sound and look a bit more glamorous. So I think if there is that kind of thought, then Sky will be loyal, even if even if they're not paying very much, So it doesn't mean there's going to be a better deal. David Mason ninety three asked if there's any further news on an NRL takeover. I'm already tired of nig's clowns, he said, So do you want me to answer that one, because I've got a little bit of some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because I've not heard it's been very quiet on that front. Yeah, yeah, I'll let you guess that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean there's a sign there straight away. There's probably not that many people in England of a certain caliber who are interested in this job. So I've heard from Australia that it really is an open feeling. So what I want to say to listeners and watchers on YouTube now, I'm sorry to any of those who had to sign in last week still learning about the futube thing. Right, Hopefully it's all fine and andy this week. The NRL could be still be having a say because and they could even contribute yet, because I know for a fact that interested parties in Australia in this job are talking with the NRL administration just as much as they're talking with the English administration. So I know that for a fact, and one candidate in particular has got support on both sides of the world. So if you think about this, right, so I'm not talking about any individual. If you think about this, one of the way to swing the negotiations could be the land is saying to the Rugby Football League, we will pay for the CEO. The new CEO that then could be the person that they have on the ground in the competition. Now, just because they have somebody on the ground in the competition doesn't mean they necessarily have to control it. It could just be we'll do it for two years just to see more of a feasibility study. Who knows. Right then, we've also got this concept of the TV rights. Okay, so out of the two, out of the two competitions Australia, the NRL Peter Velandi's and the NRL, they're more likely to get a better TV deal.
Speaker 2: That's you know, that's that's the.
Speaker 1: Cent. But I also mean a better one in terms of what they've got last time. So one increased TV and therefore to add value to that. If they can somehow get Super League content in there, it's more content. So I think this search for a new Rugby Football League CEO, whoever they decide on, will give you the biggest hint yet as to where it's going. Okay, so if they get somebody who's I'm sorry to say this, but somebody who Nigel would wants to control, well that gives us a big indication where it's going. If we get somebody from Australia who has got either an endorsement from Peter Velanders in the NRL or potentially some money, now why would they Why would the Rugby Football League like some money for a CEO. Well, apparently they're not flush with cash, so that would help. That would help things too.
Speaker 2: So there is some talk that it will most likely be either an internal appointment or the RFL or someone that Nigel would want. And to be honest, I would be pretty surprised if would mcmahanus, Bomont, et cetera give up their power and control to an outsider. I'd be very surprised, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so look, well what we can both say then, So in answer to that question is I am literally saying both options are still on the table right now. And if you want to know the direction of the future of the game, if you want to know what they're thinking, this CEO decision. So if they go with what you've just said, you know that any chance of the NRL getting involved probably diminishes with that. If they go with somebody that is coming from Australia with NRL links, it could still be on the table. So this is probably quite an important moment in the future of the game in England. It really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think I think allied to that is this tv negotiation. That's one of the So I think if if the TVL deal doesn't increase, or if it goes down further, then that could be a tipping point to be like, okay, well we actually need to get the NROL in here because we're staffed. Yeah, it's a very very important negotiation this next TV.
Speaker 1: Now, depending on what happens, we could be the ones to break the story. Read the CEO. So, John, put your contact details on there. Let people need to follow you, because if it goes in a certain direction, you'll be breaking it.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I maybe I may not, but yeah, you can get me on exit Johnny d Davidson. You can get me on Facebook at John Davidson comment journalist.
Speaker 1: I'm Rugby league coach on socials. Message me on Instagram and Facebook only please, but I'm everywhere else and Rugby League Coach dot com. To tell you, email is Admint at rugbylee Coach dot com. De say you okay, let's drop a division. Mike Ford, Oldham, Bill Quinn discourse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a couple of hours before we started recording, Bill Quinn put out a nine or so minute video.
Speaker 1: Because Jaman of Oldham, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, the chairman and the old and the owner of Oldham. Now. Yes. The speculation is that Mike Ford quit because he had a falling out with Bill Quinn.
Speaker 1: Mm huh.
Speaker 2: And then there was a Oldham supporters group put out a letter on Sunday night asking well Sunday on Monday night, asking for honesty and transparency and answers because not only with Mike Ford's to put departure and that of Sean Long in September, they'd been a winding up petition in December which is also resurfaced, which you know, sources of the club say it it's been paid. It's just a formalion now, but there's also been reports or allegations of unpaid wages. And Bill Quinn is also in a conflict with Oldham Athletic who own Boundary Park which is the home ground that they're play in, and he's been banned from yes the soccer team. Basically he's been banned from going to Boundary Park. So it was quite a remarkable video and in it it's hard to recap, but basically he said he'd be stepping down as chairman. He'll be taking Oldham Athletic to court over the stadium disputed with letting the lowers handlet. He also had a bit of a go at some of the fans for what he called disgraceful comments about him and about the club on social media, and he said he'll walk if if most of the Olden fans we want to gone. He also claimed that he was unaware of some of the debts but they've been sorted at the moment, and he said also that the winding up petition has been paid, So yeah, pretty out their video.
Speaker 1: So we need take we need to we need to take a couple of steps back to explaining to people who might not be over it. So Oldham a club who maybe eighteen months two years ago started to make some big statements about there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a direction of travel. Yes, I think he took over, you know, two to three years ago, and I think Bill Quinn's put in a lot of money, millions of pounds. They've got a host of X Super League players, Queensland Cup players, and they won League One I think the year before last.
Speaker 1: Which would have been the third tier then, yes.
Speaker 2: Which no longer exists now. And then they finished fourth in the championship last year. And then one of the fact they did apply to get promoted into Super League, but they didn't. Their application wasn't successful. But they are a vicious club and you'd know the history of old a lot more than me Lee. But I think they were in super League and there.
Speaker 1: They were in the initial super League. I can't remember how many super leagues exactly before they slipped out, but they were definitely there.
Speaker 2: Weren't. Yeah, they've been in the doll drums for decades because it was hilarious. It was hilarious that we had Super League everything glitz and Glamour. Yet they were still at the Watersheddings and I think it was Oldham that they pranked Mike Stevenson. So one of the initiatives in super League initially was Mike Stevenson was going to call out the players number one Johnny Davidson, number two Lee Addison. Well the player started messing around with it, and Martin a fire, number five, Martin a fire and Mick Cassidy would walk out with his albino hair and whatnot. So and that happened at the Watersheddings apparently. So so they were part of the initial Super League and like you said, fallen from grace. Any wait, a few years ago the noises started to be the thing with Oldham is though they've always been like a historic Rangula league area. They've always produced great players. I mean, Kevin Sinfield came from Oldham, Paul Sculthorpe, Barry McDermott, there's lots of others. I think Mike Ford. Originally it was Oldam, but obviously they made their names of other clubs like Leeds and Saint Helens and Wigan et cetera. But yeah, so they've been on the March and then all this has sort of cropped up in the last couple of months. Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 1: Played for Oldham for our Rossie fans, Bob Lidner, there you go, there you go, And you're right about Oldham being the hotbed. So I've done some work in Oldham through my business rugby league coach and in terms of the grassroots it's still really strong. It gives rugby league a massive identity anyway, So part of this new wave. Mike Ford, who's had a big history in rugby union lately as well, the old Great Britain rugby league international, ended up in rugby union, so quite high profile in England. His son George I think, has played for the England rugby union team.
Speaker 2: And I think Mike Ford played for the Cowboys back of the nineties as well.
Speaker 1: As Yes, so he ended up being the director of rugby at Oldham for a period of time. Looking back now again, something we said on this podcast, Alan Kilshaw coming in as coach suggests to me that Mike Ford has been suggesting this could be on the cards for a while. And what happened on Sunday immediately after the game, Mike Ford tweeted out he was leaving Oldham. The game London played Oldham, so if you like a real statement game in terms of the two teams that were wanting to be in Super League next year or two of the teams, and London won reasonably convincingly, and within minutes of the final whistle and final who to Mike Ford tweeted out and again in Lee's laugh, I'm going to be talking about that, that that tweet. But and then he saw his son George added in what I mentioned earlier. So with hindsight, looks like Mike Ford has been thinking about this for a while and putting the wheels in motion because now they've got a technical coach. It used to be sewn long, Sewn long left four months ago September, I think it was. Yeah, okay, so there's a few there's a few red flags popping up here. And I always say to people who split up with a partner or something like that, if you look back at the last six months twelve months, will be some red flags that you didn't pick up at the time that will make sense now. And I think there's some red flags when it comes to this old thing that than picking up as we go along. So so literally overnight, while I've been asleep and while you've been intrepid being out what's going on in the world of English rugby league. Bill Quinn's done a video as chairman because he's under siege and he's made a load of statements. What is the fan sentiment to that video?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's mixed. I think there's been a lot of criticism of Bill and the club of not providing answers, and there's obviously people who support him, but I think, look, it's great that he's come out and made a statement, but having a go at the fans is never really a great tactic. I think, you know, I think he probably could have gone across his point maybe a little bit smarter, you know. And obviously you know there's a lot of claims made in that in that statement, he's obviously frustrated, he's unhappy. But yeah, it's it's just it's not generally from the outside looking in. And as I said, I've never met Bill, gun ever interviewed him, don't know him, but you know, different people have said different things about him, about the club. It's hard to know what to believe at the moment. Yeah, it's just the English game has a history of these sort of things are opting at different clubs.
Speaker 1: It's Pete rugby League.
Speaker 2: It's very people were and look, I hope for the Oldham's fans sake and for the Olden club that it all gets sorted and you know, everyone's paid what they're owed and the club can continue on because he has put a lot of money into the club. And you know, we don't with what's happened at Veston and at Salford, we don't. We definitely don't want another club to go under, which is you know, it seems to be happening a lot in recent times.
Speaker 1: When this club isn't going under yet, but it's certainly possibly heading south. We mentioned London then and they won again, so they beat Witness in round one, won their cup tie and then have now won this game against Oldham. I think it was twenty to eight something.
Speaker 2: Like that, twenty five to eight or something like that.
Speaker 1: Kay in front of their eight thousand five are speculated by me if anyone wants to have a go at me. And it was the biggest crowd ever, and I'm taking the Donald Trump approach to it. Biggest crowd ever. Everyone's saying it now. A real big tie coming up this weekend is they played Bradford Bulls in the Cup and we should preview a little bit and talk about the Challenge Cup. It's a one hundred and twenty fifth version of the Challenge Cup John. It's been held annually since eighteen ninety six and it's the world's oldest cup competition in either code of rugby, and it's twenty four years behind the Soccer FA Cup, which had its first final in eighteen seventy two. This competition has been going in January since January. Round one was the amateurs second tier was the Championship. So the second sorry, the second round was the second tier and now the Super League club start to join. And this is an intriguing tie. Bradford Bulls, who finished higher than London last year in Super League in the Championship finished third, London finished seventh. I think, so Bradford ended up going up to Super League for reasons we've discussed on these.
Speaker 2: You can't compare how the finished because basically London.
Speaker 1: Have let me finish and then right, but London didn't have Sorry Bradford, you've knocked me off track. Bradford didn't have investment from Australia in the form of Darren Lockyer and Grant Wessel. Yeah, thank you for interrupting me, John, So, So that's why it's that's why it's an intriguing tie. And Bradford. I mean we you know, we will preview Bradford and I think we'll admit that it's going to be a tough year for them. Yeah, London broncos, I've also got a Super League and NRL caliber team and the playing in London, and I actually think this is a real potential fifty to fifty game that could go either way. We could have our first Challenge Cup shock for so long, couldn't we job.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? I don't even think necessarily be a shock if London win. Look, I think they've been talking out this game for a couple of weeks, the potential. I think they see it as a huge opportunity if they win to sort of show, you know, what they can do. And I think that you know, the ticket prices are ten quid, so they're really trying to get a big crowd in there and if yeah, it'll be a statement if they win. They've got a very strong you know, I think there's there's probably an argument that you know, London could be in Super League now and you know would probably make you know, the likes of York and Bradford and to lose. But Bradford they've also basically I'm just trying to have a look at the squad that they've brought in. But they've signs something like fifteen players, you know, loads from other Super League clubs, a couple from the Championship, the likes of Ryan starting from the Bulldogs. So they've got and they've also got a new head coaching, Kurk Haggerty, who was the assistant coach at Salford, so they're a brand new squad as well. It's really tough to sort of see that they've obviously they played Leeds a couple of weeks ago and got kind of convincingly beat but I think they were missing nine first team regulars. So yeah, it's it's really really interruing. I'm going to be at this game around I've never been to the same Wolham, but I'm really looking forward to a really tough competitive game and you know, a huge amount to play for because I'm sure Bradford don't want to be knocked off. It'll be a bit embarrassing. And they actually did that cast for last year in the Challenge Cup at Onsall and that was before the Super League started and that was a real slap on the face for Casts. So Bradford will be desperate to to keep their running the Cup going and not suffer that upset and London will be, you know, pushing all guns for for this.
Speaker 1: Cats have a history of this. They lost a Featherstone in twenty twelve as well in the Cups, so Cass have been the whipping boys. I wonder what the chances are of some of the other ties being shocked though. Rochdale are hosting Wigan and that hasn't happened since ninety four December ninety four.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what team we're going to put it out, but that could be sixty or seventy points.
Speaker 1: Workington host in Saint Helens for the first time since nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: Yeah again that you think that'll be forty or fifty leads be witnessed? You think leads by at least thirty or more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sheffield are playing Warrington for the first time since July nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't see any other upsets. Yeah that in that round.
Speaker 1: To be fair, Salford the playing whole f C, which would have happened last year was very different the Sulford of quite that that.
Speaker 2: Could be sixty or seventy points unfortunately mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And who left c whole k are warming up for Brisbane by playing the amateur's lock lane. So to put that in context for Australian listeners and viewers, that's like Brisbane Broncos playing against It's not even like playing Saint Mary's in Sydney or or Logan Brothers Seniors or somebody in the Bears. Literally like playing against really one of the lower A grade clubs in a quite an obscure town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's probably not a direct comparison, but you know South Sydney playing the Maitland pumpkin Pickers or well.
Speaker 1: Brisbane because they're the champions like who k are are? And so yeah, it really, out of all the sides that could have been drawn against an amateur side, this really is the toughest. Like I'll after poison the breakfast or something. They need divine intervention. Yeah, let's have some transfer news now. So okay, our's neighbor have signed Lewis Martin the wing for five years. I think he's about twenty two to twenty three years old, so not a bad bit of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a really exciting young talent. I think he topped the try scoring ranks last year. It's probably a little bit unlucky not to make the England squad for the Ashes. And yeah, one of the best young outside backs in England, so yeah, a great bit of business for them, a local junior to tie him down. Yeah both well.
Speaker 1: For the NRL is considering changing its name to the ea r L, the English and Australian Rugby League because there's that many English people being linked to clubs at the moment or already hear Cronuller Sharks are apparently the favorites to sign Owin Trout from Lee.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean the Perth Bears are in fro and Trout as well as Nikolai Lenski from Leeds. So there's been a few people joking that it will be the Perth Rhinos next year when they play their first game, but yeah, it's look, I think you look at the history of English forwards of the outer roll, there's not been many who haven't done well. It's very different when you look at spine players and outside backs. Not many have done well. But you know, your Burgesses, your your Graham's, your white Heads, your Bateman's, Morley Ellis, et cetera, et cetera. They generally do quite well. Manny Nicholson wis with these more recently. So yeah, Perth, you know, they need players and there's not a lot of players who seem willing to go from the East Coast over sign for Perth, so they're certainly mining super League for talent. And and Owen trout is, you know, an England international, one of the top forwards in Super League, and he's got quite a few offers. I think Lake in to keep him, but he's also got two clubs in the role after him.
Speaker 1: Michael Ledgki tried to get him to play for Poland in twenty eighteen twenty nineteen for obvious.
Speaker 2: Reasons and did he tell you where to go?
Speaker 1: He wouldn't do that because he wouldn't be disrespectful to the country of his birth.
Speaker 2: He but no, he declined polightly.
Speaker 1: Well, he didn't end up playing John that's only need well.
Speaker 2: He's played five tests. He's played five Tests for England. He was involved in the recent ashes. Yeah, he was born in go Downs. I think he moved over to England at the age of five. But yeah, he's a good prop twenty seven years old. He's got an NRL clause in his contracts even though he's on the contract at Leeds. I think he can go off he wants, so, yeah, it't it wouldn't shock me to see him link up.
Speaker 1: With George Williams confirm now that he's going to the Dolphins in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Secret, Yeah, worst kept secret that's been reported and talked about for if not half a year. It is an interesting one day because I don't know exactly when he came back. Was at twenty nineteen, maybe later, maybe it was twenty twenty one. He was obviously at Canberra and he did well at Canberra and I think, well the quote was, I think that his partner was homesick and he's had a couple of kids and he came back to Super League. He's obviously a wiganer, but Warrington offered him a lot more money and I think he said he wanted to go to Warrenton to win trophies, which hasn't happened. So he's going back to Australia and he's got to link up the Dolphins with Christian Wolf, who was obviously the formerce in Healn's coach. So it looks like it looks like it'll be him and easy Katara and the halves for the Dolphins in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Somebody who may end up in Australia because Joey loves him, is you and Irwin? And I think you quit excited about him this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think he I think it was rid of the last year he signed a five year deal or four you deal with Warrington. He's only eighteen, but yeah, Andrew Johns has waxed lyricle about him. And I didn't see the Warrington League game, but I did see the highlights and the try that he set up for Joe Filben and actually tried just to beautiful, took the border, the line and just that vision to dink in a grubber in between the defenders straight into Philman's lap to win the game. You know at eighteen, you don't, I mean, you're the coach and the analysis analyst Lee, but you don't see well, I haven't seen a lot of eighteen year old halfbacks do that in the first team, you know, against Ben with the pressure on. And you know Andrew Johns is probably the greatest player of all time. So if he rates him, he knows a bit about for So you know England needs England need halves, don't they le as the ashes has shown So.
Speaker 1: Phil Webster eighty five did you said I'm a cult and an analyst?
Speaker 2: Phil?
Speaker 1: Phil Webster ten on YouTube six hours ago about my okay analysis videos. I've never heard so much hogwash. This bloke is so Ouzzy centric it's unreal. I wouldn't let him near a school team.
Speaker 2: I think that's because of your conviction, isn't it. That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to reply to him live. Well, I've had twelve years as a head coach of only high schools in ours.
Speaker 2: You just want to be australianly, that's your problem.
Speaker 1: N r L clubs, a couple of NRL clubs, et cetera. What's your qualification? Don't go on the trolls Sometimes I enjoy it going to kill him with kindness. Well, I called somebody beautiful, even though he called me all sorts of things some Super League quick fire previews lead Rhinos, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was shouting to Gary Sophiel today and as an ex league legend, he's tipped them to win the Colt this year. Look, I think they'll be I think they'll be up there. I think that'll be in the top three. Whether they can go away, I'm not convinced. But they did beat Okay twice last year and they've certainly got a very well balanced squad across the across the park, so I think with Brad Arthur there, they'll they have a good chance of winning something. Who left Sea, Yeah, I mean it was a big improvement last ye under John Carter right his first year. I'm just trying to think off the top of my head who they've recruited. I know they have signed the two back rows for Saint Helen's. Yeah, I think that'll they'll be pushing for the top six, whether they make it or not, but I can see him finishing around at seven six.
Speaker 1: Mark John Right. John Cartwright's a good coach.
Speaker 2: He's a very good coach. Look, I remember him as a as a great backroller, that's how old I am playing for for Penrith and too and so well as he had a season at Salford and he's been coaching for a long time and he did a great job there last year. So look, I think they're moving the right direction. Whether they can prove on last year may be difficult.
Speaker 1: I think he's still got the Titans the closest to the NRL Ground Final. Did he got them in deep and reeling, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it was eleven. But yeah, he's he's certainly the most successful Titans coach in the history of that club. And yeah, I think he's he's a very good he's a very good coach and yeah, he's doing a good job.
Speaker 1: And I remember looking at their skills at the time and thinking they've been coached really well. Bradford Bulls, we've mentioned them a little bit already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tough it's a tough as we said, with so many new players making a switch from part time to full time new coach. Yeah, I think they're going to be in the bottom three. If they can avoid finishing bottom, that will be a success. But yeah, I think it'll be a difficult year for Bradford. Obviously their fans will be very happy they're back in Super Leg after ten years, which is pretty understandable. But yeah, I think they will find it difficult on the field in terms of getting results.
Speaker 1: We can work out Wakefield Trinity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another one great season last year getting into the semi finals. I know they brought in Tyson Smoothie for the Broncos and Jazz Tavanga from Manly among others. Yeah, I think I think they can repeat what they what they did. Daryl Powell is a good coach and knows what he's doing, very experienced, and I think they can make the semis. It will certainly be in that mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the French side to lose or one of the two French sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, much like Bradford and York. It's going to be a really tough ass for them. They've got to pay something like close to a million euros for the travel and then then you get half the central distribution, so about six hundred and fifty thousand pounds. So recruitment has been minimal. They've not brought in many players. We've got Tyler Dupre online from Wigan but are full time, so that makes it easier, but yeah, I think finishing around twelve, thirteenth, fourteenth is probably what's going to happen for to lose Castle.
Speaker 1: For Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, whole almost a whole new squad there. Ryan Carr's coming from Saint Georgia and lare assistant coach. Like he has got experience in the English game. He was at FEV and he was in the running for the Leeds shop a couple of years ago. He's a talented young coach. I think he can improve them, but I can't see them making the top six and.
Speaker 1: The last one. So if you're wondering where the others are, guys, it's last week podcast. We did seven. This week we're doing seven Wigan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Look, I think we're going to be in that top two, top three. They'll be pushing for silverware. Last year wasn't great for them, but they still finished second and made the Grand Final. With their fit players back, you know, with Bevan French firing, j Field firing, they can they can definitely, you know, I can definitely win something. They've still got that young talent that academy coming through, but they have lost a few players in terms of departures and I think maybe the question mark over the forwards have lost Harvey hild LFC and Liam Burna Warrington, so whether they can unearth some young gems from their academy will be a question mark.
Speaker 1: Media watch Michael Chamers, the Sydney Morning Herald journalist and TV commentator's firming to become the Papa New Guinea chief general manager of football type thing that news broke this week in Australia.
Speaker 2: I think the conversations that I have been enjoying the Ashes has obviously starred him onto the right partner. Yes, I think there was Andrew Andrew Webster broke that they were considering him for the gym of football for the Perth franchise. I think, you know, Michael didn't want to talk about it back in November March, but obviously Peter Landis is a big fan of his. He is. I think he's a very talented journo, great writer, smart, you know football brain, and yeah, it'll be an interesting challenge. You don't generally see people, you know, old school journals sort of making the shift into executive positions and muti league that much. So yeah, it's an interesting one. It's a big job at PG, isn't it with all the challenges they've got, So yeah, it'd be fascinating to watch see how he goes.
Speaker 1: The NRL have also hinted a possible game in Singapore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's Perth of Hinternet obviously Singapore. In terms of geography, I think it's about a three our flight. It's very close. They've got close links there. I mean I lived in Singapore for eighteen months and played a bit of touch footy out there. There's not really a rugby league scene. There's obviously a lot of it is the expats and kew expats and they have got great stages, but it is more of a rugby union country in that sense. But look, you know it's back by the government. Singapore is quite a wealthy place, so yeah, it could make sense.
Speaker 1: And there's lots of Australian and English tourists in Singapore, so they've probably turned out.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of expats, a lot of tourists. It's a very safe, clean place to live and to stay. So yeah, you can see single expensive though the beer is very very expensive. I think the Singapore Sevens are actually on the rugby sevens are actually on in Singapore right as we this weekend, so yeah, we'll wait and see on that one.
Speaker 1: Have you got to being on a job anyone this week?
Speaker 2: The only thing I'd say is just common courtesy when and it's not even something of my work, But if you're going to if you're going to write about something that another journalist has written about, particularly online, just give them, attribute them properly, give them a link, whether it's a hyperlink or you know, the name of the publication. Don't just nick it and write about it and use it for your own or at least say Johnny Davidson in the well, yeah, there's nothing to do with me. It's actually a colleague. We don't just put their name and said, oh, they wrote this, you know somewhere. Give them a proper link and an attribution, because it's not plagiarism. But it's just not really the dumb thing to do.
Speaker 1: So oh, people have been writing to me. I'm doing a free webinar on February eighteenth for coaches. If you're interested, email me. I'm minute Rugby league coach dot com dot are you somebody whose name are recognized from the Rugby League World sent me an email that said free webinar. That was it? Not Hi, Please can I come on the free webinar? My name is thank you? And there's loads of them, loads people mentioned me just so Lee's laugh this week, it's that Mike Ford picture. So as you've already hinted, the way that Oldham released the fact that Mike Ford was leaving, or the way that Mike Ford released that he was leaving was a little bit comical. But somewhere in there was a picture of Mike Ford that I think he staged it.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: They've I think he's gone right, I'm gonna I'm gonna pack in at the end of this game. I'm just going to stand here and watch the warm up. Can you take a picture of me? That's literally what it looks like. And it looks like he's looking across the vista. You know, he could be he could be on a bridge overlooking a canalo or something. The way he's looking.
Speaker 2: At he didn't use II true, it's true, but it definitely looks like he staged it. And one of the comments underneath the tweet was somebody described his shoes as Bobby Dazzler's because he's dressed in black, but he's got quite a bright pair of tan shoes on that stand out. So yeah, I just found it a very strange way of announcing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, by all means put a picture, but that kind of picture just seemed a bit I don't know, I don't know where it seemed.
Speaker 2: I think the timing. The timing was unusual, the picture and an empty Landon stadium was unusual. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, obviously a statement that alludes to certain things. But isn't that clear? Yeah, it's just added to the long list of pick rugby league instances where we left.
Speaker 1: Go to the Rugby League coach YouTube channel, have a look for a video called the White Wall Brisbane have to break to be World Champions and that is the video that I've been accused of being so ussy centric. And I've done analysis of u k R's defense. Now, what people don't understand John is even though a defense stops people scoring, sometimes it doesn't mean it's perfect. And also the quality of the attack of Wigan. I am very, very very convinced husband's attack, if it clicks, will be better. Am I am? I on a different planet there to the rest of the rugby league World or did you say Wigan then you went whky are no Wigan's attack attacking against who krs defense listening skills Johnny, Yeah, I think yeah, yeah, So Ryche Wolks is going to be better than some of the attackers in the Wigan side, so obviously the defense is only as good as what's thrown at it as well. Yes, yes, it's called being an analyst or some people like to think of me an analyst or not one of them. So that video is now separate on YouTube because we tend to have long podcast now. So in terms of the future of this podcast, it's likely to come out on Monday morning UK time now because myself and John are going to record on Sunday nights reviewing the Super League Round. Otherwise the podcast would age very quickly if we brought it out later in the week. But so you're not going to get a podcast for about nine days because I'm not promising this first one. But what me and John want to do on a Thursday or a Friday is do a short after a game, immediately after the game, so John will either be at the game or he'll be watching on TV, depending on what the game is on a Thursday or a Friday, and we're going to do instant reactions after the first either a Thursday game or a Friday game. The problem is, I'm not going to promise it next week, John, because I might not be in good Wi Fi, because I might be in the bush somewhere. So we will try, but the week after we're definitely going to do it, aren't with John, which will be the World Cup Challenge week. So you might have a little wait for your next Super League three sixty, but don't worry. It will be worth the wait. Johnny, Where can people get you again?
Speaker 2: You can get me on a Patreon at Rugby leagueub dot com, longray so they can get me in the ipaper on Exit Johnny d Davidson and a Facebook at John Davidson a journalist.
Speaker 1: And Amilyaddison Rugby League Coach dot Comma tay you admin at Rugby League Coach dot coma tey you if you want to email me at Rugby League Coach on social media. I'm naka John. Stop making me do these things in mornings. Take care