Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Merril KFI AM six forty by anytime on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Let's see this.
Speaker 2: I send out a call if you've got a If you've got the app and you're listening, just hit that talkback button and let me know why it is that you're not watching the game instead. Not that un complaining, very happy that you're here, but what is it that has got you here instead of taking.
Speaker 3: Part in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Your your feedback always welcome to that talkback button.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm not listening to the game or watching because I get too nervous.
Speaker 5: Oh so, if you guys are going to get the score of the game, please.
Speaker 3: Announce spoiler alert.
Speaker 6: Ah, all right, thank you, and I love hearing hearing you on the show.
Speaker 2: Merrill. Thank you very much. I appreciate that you're the rest of you. That's you, I mean, you're the rest of you.
Speaker 7: Huh wait a second spoiler alert?
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: I mean, do people go back and watch it againler alert?
Speaker 3: You're supposed to say spoiler alert, but it's.
Speaker 7: Already andrewiler alert. I've never known anyone to say oh, let me go watch the Super Bowl. You know now now that it's been recorded, Likelerer, who does that?
Speaker 3: He's nervous, Andrew, I get it.
Speaker 1: Boiler alert.
Speaker 7: I am curious now, I am curious if anyone watches it on demand after it's over.
Speaker 3: I once spent an entire Final four in the bathroom. I was so nervous one year. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 7: I just saw it that needed a spoiler alert, boiler alert.
Speaker 2: That's what we needed. So now you know, right, I hite that talk back button. Let us know why it is that you are listening today, and I appreciate that you.
Speaker 3: Are so uh.
Speaker 2: Moving on to politics as usual, in this case, what is national becomes local. Governor Batman says that he is meeting with Donald Trump over the LA wildfire aid and he said that was really good.
Speaker 3: It went well.
Speaker 8: California Governor Gavin Newsom on Capitol Hill Wednesday, advocating for disaster funding following the deadly and devastating wildfires in Los Angeles on X The governor saying the state is removing red tape and suspending regulatory barriers to fast track clean up efforts and help Los Angeles quickly recover and rebuild.
Speaker 2: What I honestly don't know what this is. We're removing red tape, and we're making it easier. Why is the red tape there in the first place? And I think there's oftentimes a disconnect when it comes to things like regulations. We say, there's too many regulations.
Speaker 3: The regulations are the problem.
Speaker 2: There's so much red tape, and then politicians miraculously come through and they fix all the red tape.
Speaker 3: And I always think, why is the red.
Speaker 2: Tape there to begin with? And I know in many cases it's well, because it was so and so's pet project or so and so I wanted to make sure the unions were taken care of or whatever that might be.
Speaker 3: And I get that that certainly happens.
Speaker 2: But in some cases, I wonder, is the red tape there because it's things like building code, or it's there because it's things like the Coastal Commission. And I know you might be frustrated with the Coastal Commission, but you know they have a purpose. I always wonder when we say we're gonna get rid of the red tape, what is it that we are getting rid of. Look in many cases, I'm all for it. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying as being an advocate for more regulation. I just think there's a reason in most cases that we have regulation in the first place. And I'm a little nervous about us saying, oh, we get rid of regulation. It's like when we say let's cut government waste. What does that mean? What is government waste? People say it's a seventeen thousand dollars hammer. Okay, I agree, that's government waste? Is it? Is it three million dollars so the president can go golfing? It is on golf cup club. Well, no, that's not government waste. Okay, all right, that's a lot of hammers. Right, So all of a sudden, we pick and choose what we consider to be waste, or we choose which regulations we say are important which ones are not.
Speaker 3: All right, back to what Newsom was doing.
Speaker 8: Newsom's saying he's committed to assisting the Los Angeles community recover from these fires, not hindering their efforts.
Speaker 5: What's on my mind is what's on everybody's mind in the state, is can we get a past partisan ship?
Speaker 8: Newsom meeting with bipartisan lawmakers like Brad Sherman, Judy chu Ken, Calvert, Adam Schiff, Alex Padilla, Rafael Warnock, and Patty Murray.
Speaker 3: Oh good, Yeah, it's all star team.
Speaker 8: What Newsom also met with President Trump at the White House?
Speaker 3: All right, that's the one we wanted to hear.
Speaker 9: California in North Carolina who continue to be on our hearts, and the President and this administration are committed to ensuring that these individuals get the funding that they need.
Speaker 1: It's impossible to see how California could rebuild without a tremendous amount a federal financial aid.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Agree, and so yes.
Speaker 8: It's in the governor's best interest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to do every think he can, uh huh, to make amends to Trump.
Speaker 7: Even given the very significant differences they've had in the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree, and I'm glad that he's doing that, although I think this is part of Newsome playing Trump. When you fight Trump, you lose. When you when you sidle up to Trump, you win. And Newsome's figuring that out. That's that's he goes. Okay, what's more important? Is it more important that I get the win for California or is it more important that I resist everything Trump does?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: There'll be a time for each of those, But in this case, he goes, I gotta have what's in the best interest of California. I don't think anybody here disagrees we're gonna need federal assistance to rebuild so much of what we've lost. I just think we're gonna need some regulation along the way to make sure that we're rebuilding it in a way that doesn't set us up for another horrible disaster in the next ten years. Meanwhile, on one thing that Trump is doing, which we should have done ten years ago, but we're not, As he says, we got to stop throwing good money after bad at the high speed rail.
Speaker 6: High speed rail in California, a project that has been under construction and development for several years now and one that eventually seeks to connect southern California to northern California, specifically Anaheim to San Francisco at first and eventually San Diego to Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Oh won't that be nice?
Speaker 2: But the product, if only we could do it for what we agreed on to begin with, like thirty billion dollars.
Speaker 6: Oh No object has not come without its critics, including President Donald Trump and me.
Speaker 3: This is what he said Tuesday.
Speaker 5: The train is being built between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Is the worst managed project I think I've ever seen, and I've seen some of the worst.
Speaker 6: Is primary concern, he says, the high cost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine too. I wouldn't even say it's poorly managed, it's just poorly conceived.
Speaker 6: The California High Speed Rail Authority acknowledges the original plan presented to voters in two thousand and eight indicated the project would cost about forty five billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, forty five billion, little more than I wanted to spend, but that was for the whole thing, right, what are we.
Speaker 3: At right now?
Speaker 6: In fact, the twenty twenty four business plan released by the High Speed Rail Authority included new projections, sowing the project could now cost anywhere between eighty eight to one hundred and twenty eight billion dollars by completion.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: Nah, I think I've told this story before. When I when I first moved to California, it was I'm so, we're coming up on an anniversary here. I think next week would be exactly thirteen years since I arrived. And when I first came here that I learned all about this high speed rail, and I went, okay, voters approved eight billion dollars. We expected the cost to be thirty to forty five billion dollars. And then all of a sudden, I first got here again twenty twelve and they said, oh, that projection is up to fifty billion dollar and I said, you watch, this is going to go over one hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 3: And boy was wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, we blew past one hundred billion dollars and we haven't even connected.
Speaker 3: A single city yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we're at what did you say, one twenty eight on the high It's not coming in at the low end. No, no, new They gave you a window of eighty eight to one hundred twenty eight billion dollar.
Speaker 3: That's the window.
Speaker 2: The original cost was supposed to be forty five billion dollars. Now our window is almost as much as the original estimate was. This is going to skyrocket well past two hundred billion. And I got a feeling that in the next five to ten years, I'm going to be saying, man, I said two hundred billion, it's going to be half.
Speaker 3: A trillion dollars. Yep. And Trump says, knock it off.
Speaker 7: It's impossible.
Speaker 3: That something.
Speaker 5: Because that much, We're going to start a big investigation on that, because it's I've.
Speaker 3: Never seen anything like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, enough of the investigation. We don't need an investigation into it. It's just ill conceived and stop wasting money.
Speaker 3: That's it. Cut it now now.
Speaker 6: The High Speed Rail Authority is responding to two, noting the original forty five billion dollar estimate quote did not account for inflation or any unknown changes in scope.
Speaker 2: Didn't think to throw that in there, thought in two thousand and eight there would be no inflation.
Speaker 6: They call that a lesson learned, as their estimates now account for these issues, helping explain the.
Speaker 2: Cost difference and the window of forty billion dollars.
Speaker 3: No nothing there.
Speaker 6: The High Speed Rail Authority tells us the portion of the project connecting Anaheim to San Francisco has no completion date.
Speaker 3: It's not getting done. Listen.
Speaker 2: I know for you that that that like your rail. You like your high speed rail, and I think the one in Vegas is probably gonna be fine. You want the high speed rail. You see it as being very European. You go, look, this is the more sophisticated way to travel.
Speaker 3: We're going to be we're gonna be a we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a more sophisticated society because we're going to have our high speed rail. I understand the romanticism you feel around it. You will not ride a high speed rail from Anah I'm to San Francisco in your lifetime. It will not happen. In fact, I'm gonna go on a limit and say it's not gonna happen during your child's lifetime.
Speaker 3: It ain't happening.
Speaker 2: And I know that they have it on the East Coast, not high speed, but they have rail that's very popular on the East Coast.
Speaker 3: I get it. It ain't happening here. It's just not.
Speaker 2: It's look, mass transit is fine in the urban area. We are in automobile society, and California, as much as anybody has a love affair with automobiles, it's not happening. Quit sinking money into into this mess. We're doing it. Nobody listens. Why would you, big goober on the radio? Nobody listens. Sorry, more politics as usual, including taking on maybe the biggest threat to our society. And it's about time somebody put a stop to this abomination that's been taken over our country.
Speaker 3: And our Starbucks.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I just checked the score, so yeah, wow, did the Chiefs have the wrong weekend?
Speaker 3: Andrew? They did? They not get the start time and date right? What happened there? WHOA? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, you think he's still gonna propose maybe to Taylor after No, he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't going to in the first place. Just garbage.
Speaker 2: So I asked the question, if you're listening on the app, why is it that you're not watching the game? Not that I'm complaining, I'm very excited that you're here, but why is it that you are not taking part in this big cultural celebration of foods ball. I've not watching or listening to the game because I was born in Mexico and race on a ranch.
Speaker 8: Oh so I lacked the sports team, so I'd rather listen to you.
Speaker 3: Oh great show? All right, thanks man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if I were in Mexico, though, as there's a big, you know, soccer tournament or something going on, I think I would watch it just the same, just be a part of it. But then again, he said he lacks the sports gene, so I guess I've got that.
Speaker 3: I would I would want to be a part of that. All right, how about you?
Speaker 7: The reason I'm not watching the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was born without the sports gene. Oh he doesn't have it either, a lot of people without jeans on today.
Speaker 7: I mean, what about just the commercials though, I mean some people just look forward to the commercials.
Speaker 2: I cannot stand the commercial no yet, oh so overblown.
Speaker 7: You don't have a favorite super Bowl commercial? Come on?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But if he pressed me, I could come up with some that I thought were classics. And but you know what I like the most about the commercials is seeing the rejects play a couple of weeks before the Super Bowl. Oh yeah, you know you're watching streaming. I have all the ad supported streamings, and so you'll see a commercial play and you go that commercial seemed a little too high budget, too clever, maybe a little bit silly. Yeah, that was one of those that they that they commissioned for the Super Bowl, but they opted for a for one instead.
Speaker 3: So I love that.
Speaker 2: What I can't stand now is that we've gotten into the commercials promoting the commercials. If you watch this last week, there was a Stella Artois commercially came out where David Beckham was told that he had a twin, and you need to watch for the Stella Artois commercial to find out who David Beckham's twin is. We're having a commercial for a commercial. You don't like that, but yet I just said Stella artois now three times, so I guess it works.
Speaker 3: But whatever, not my thing. Quick politics as usual run down.
Speaker 2: Here's some stuff that happened this week, including a crackdown on something that has been threatening all of us for a very long time.
Speaker 3: All right, the News Nation with a quick rundown.
Speaker 9: This week, President Trump put a roadblock on Biden's electric vehicle charging network. The Transportation Department says it's freezing funds for the grid of charging stations.
Speaker 2: Wait, we're just not going to allow charging stations. Oh, we're not going to have the tax dollars pay for the charging station.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, so whatever for three billion of the five billion dollars appropriated through Biden's bipartisan infrastructure law has been dished out to the states.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was passed by everybody, but that's fine, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Democrats argue it's unconstitutional for the executive branch to overturn actions approved by Congress. It is so essentially a major court battle is in store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine if Biden had come in and said, we're going to cut funding that was meant to help with oil exploration in Alaska. Right, we're going to cut subsidies to exceon. Oh, people go, you can't executive order that. But we're just playing the game left versus right.
Speaker 9: Another hot button issue a stir today.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right, here's the important stuff.
Speaker 9: Plastic straws.
Speaker 2: Plastic straws the bane of society.
Speaker 9: President Trump announcing he'll sign an executive order next week ying bands of restrictions on plastic straws.
Speaker 3: We're going to ban the band this.
Speaker 9: After President Biden directed the federal government to phase out all single use plastics by twenty thirty five. The order could end up impacting plastic straw bands and restrictions in more than a dozen Democratic states across the country.
Speaker 2: It's also going to make it harder for seat turtles to do cocaine. I don't know if you've ever tried to do that with the plastic straw underwater. It is not easy. I think we can all agree on that. What about the other issue that we're all wondering when is this going to be handled, and the answer is probably never. What is really bugging us as we get distracted by cocaine addicted seat turtles? It's the birds.
Speaker 1: Man, you're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I always appreciate when east Sabella plays the the Bumper music and chooses something from Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yep, do me our doo me do me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's when it was playing, right, That's when he was yeah, well I'm yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: You're the first person to point that out. I've really I've used this song so many times.
Speaker 2: No, no, I it's the first time I've not held my tongue for sure.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We asked you why you're listening to the show instead of watching the Super Bowl. Not that I'm complaining, very happy to have you, and some of you say you don't have the sports gene for others Boiler Alert. Maybe you're you're listening to the show because the first half was so.
Speaker 3: Bad, so bad.
Speaker 7: It could have been so good for some so I know.
Speaker 2: But as far as the game goes, I know if you're a fan of the team, that's ahead boiler alert. Then you're probably flying high right now. But a lot of my friends live in the Kansas City area and they are all talking about, oh, who needs to go, what the team needs to do? I mean, they are melting down right now. I should also point this out, Andrew, are you working during the week at all this week?
Speaker 7: I could if there's an emergency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no. The new program director, big Chiefs fan.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well, hopefully he's not listening to this.
Speaker 2: He might have just turned us on because he's so frustrated. He's probably taking notes. We're gonna get some nasty grams here very shortly from him saying, well, I wasn't gonna watch the rest of that game, so I was listening to your crap show. Anyway, Hit that talk back button on the iHeartRadio app and let us know why it is that. Maybe you're not watching the game. Maybe it's because your team is behind by a lot. Maybe it's because your team is ahead by a lot. Maybe it is because you're just stuck in traffic, which I know has been miserable around different areas.
Speaker 3: Tonight, we're talking about the high.
Speaker 2: Speed rail and President Trump says California needs to stop. The high speed rail has been a terribly mismanaged project.
Speaker 4: Your thoughts, right, A trolley high train in San Francis, John would take a trouble of hours or so, it tastes the waste makes money, efficiency doesn't huh, And trolley's are efficient day?
Speaker 3: All right? Thank you? You know what?
Speaker 7: I like trolley's. Mister Rogers had a little red trolley on his show.
Speaker 3: Right, was that supposed to be? Was that set anywhere? Yes?
Speaker 7: It was mister rogers neighborhood, I know. But was it set in San Francisco?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I actually believe it was Pennsylvania because that's the area that he's from.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Do they have trolley's other other I mean I always think of San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, there's this one in Anaheim. It's in this uh California Adventure that that that theme park they have a trolley. I don't count those. What what about the Americana and Glendale did they still have That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Trolley.
Speaker 7: I like that trolley.
Speaker 2: It's just like mass transit though, like for instance, yeah, no, right, I lived in San Diego. They had the Old Town trolley too, you know, but that was a tourist thing. As far as actual transportation, nobody really uses the trolley at all.
Speaker 3: Nobody uses it. I appreciate you pulling it with the callback to the word trolley though. I like that.
Speaker 2: Did you you probably heard the story earlier this week that there were what one hundred thousand eggs I think that were stolen in Pennsylvania speaking of Pensylvania, probably off a trolley. Trolley's moved too slow. It's easy to rob, especially if they have eggs. So I think it was one hundred thousand eggs they stole there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did that story. That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Now, out of Seattle, did you see this one?
Speaker 2: Police investigating a brazen theft at a West Seattle cafe. Thieves made off with hundreds of eggs and other breakfast foods Wednesday, Lunapart Cafe. They got to bust it into five hundred and forty eggs, valued at three hundred and eighty seven dollars. Also stolen bacon, beef, blueberries, and liquid egg products.
Speaker 7: I mean, have police cracked the case yet?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 2: Nope, No, you're not Ponny weren't Nope? Okay, nope, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 7: I thought I was. I thought I was sizzling over here.
Speaker 2: I'm just no, no, nope, your jokes are waffling at best, which is exact. Stop, it's what's happening at the waffle house. Uh, maybe you caught this one too. Because we are crazy about our eggs all of a sud.
Speaker 11: Some places like Trader Joe's are I wouldn't say they're going to egg streams, but.
Speaker 7: It's a news thing. What can I say?
Speaker 3: I know, like, who hurt you in life?
Speaker 2: Who did so much damage to you that that's the only joy you got?
Speaker 3: And is it?
Speaker 2: Is it funny or is it so grown worthy that you just like torturing other people? Is the real joy in erasing all the joy from other people's hearts?
Speaker 3: Is that it okay?
Speaker 11: They are taking some new measures to combat the egg shortage now nationwide at all six hundred Trader Joe's stores. There's a cap you can only buy one carton of eggs per person per day, and the company implemented this. We just went inside that this Trader Joe's opened a little while ago. We went out inside and there is a sign right next to the eggs. They are fully stocked right now. But it does say that we encourage you to just get one carton.
Speaker 3: We encourage you to just get one cart carton.
Speaker 2: Is that going to be enforced like the express lane is at the checkout like twelve items or less. Nobody does that, we encourage you to just get one carton. Okay, well I'm getting one hundred cartons because everyone seems to want eggs, and what are they doing with this stuff?
Speaker 3: Costco will get a shipment of eggs. We'll get a truckload of eggs in and.
Speaker 2: Then they'll they'll people come in and they start buying those things one case at a time. I worked at a restaurant. We used to get cases of eggs, and I want to say five times. There evens one hundred and fifty eggs I think per carton something like that per case, maybe it was one eighty, whatever it was.
Speaker 3: We got a ton of eggs.
Speaker 2: We get all these cartons, and we used to do a breakfast BFE at this at this country house I worked at when I was a teenager. And I'm just thinking, each one of those cartons is now worth over one hundred dollars. So Costco will get these things and people immediately they start loading the carts up with eggs, and I'm just wondering, what are you doing with them? Are these being sold on a black market somewhere? Is somebody trying to turn around and at sea the eggs? I don't understand. You can't freeze eggs in the in the shell. Are they cracking them all, scrambling them and then freezing.
Speaker 3: The the goop.
Speaker 2: I had some people arguing over whether or not you could freeze eggs in a shell. No, you can't freeze eggs in a shell. Oh, yes you can, if you hard boil them first, you can. You can't just freeze eggs in a shell. Oh I used to do that all the time, I hear. I go, okay, Well that's that's why you're like that. Now, that's that's why you are the way you are. That's it. Meanwhile, waffle House adding a fifty cent per egg surcharge to all of their breakfast items. Flip side of that Cracker Barrel they say, no, Cracker Barrel says it is inhospitable to charge for eggs. They set a sur charge on eggs. Well, there's nothing hospitable about that. At Cracker Barrel. Country hospitality is as important to us as a hearty breakfast, and that means not charging extra for eggs.
Speaker 7: So now there's a waffle war. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 3: I guess so shots fired, the shots fired.
Speaker 2: They say egg prices are staying the same, but bibbs with Bible verses printed on them, those are gonna go up, that's for sure. Waffle House announcing they're gonna raise their egg prices. As as I mentioned, we are seeing significantly more expensive now than they were in twenty twenty four. Recent data from the Labor Department shows forty percent in Christian January of last year. Agriculture Department predicting prices are going to soar another twenty percent this year, all because of the bird flu. And what's being done about that? Nothing except some people are I don't understand you. They've taken to the false economy to solve their own problems. They're buying up the backyard chickens. And so where my folks live. You can go into the farm store there and they've always got these cages filled with.
Speaker 3: Chicks.
Speaker 2: Right, there's peeping around there and there's no cut and chickens, ducks, geese, and you'll sell them right there in the farm store.
Speaker 3: You walk in, all the kids want to pet the chickens. It's great. Whatever.
Speaker 2: So now people have decided they're gonna start backyard chickening. Do you know that is way more expensive than paying too much for eggs? Way more expensive. You're paying eight bucks a dozen right for eggs, or you're paying five fifty or wherever. You're getting somewhere between five and eight dollars a dozen for eggs. It's gonna cost you more than that to make the eggs out of one chicken.
Speaker 3: You're gonna spend more on the feed and the supplies and.
Speaker 2: The coop and everything else than you will just buying the stupid eggs. Oh and I know, but I get chickens and my neighbors hate it, and it's a two for one when I get to irritate them. No, stop doing that. Also, quit trying to freeze your eggs just doesn't work. Just what if you need life advice? Will you just call me first? I know you get excited about things.
Speaker 3: Just call me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you no, all right, it's it's not just a Super Bowl, it's a super duper Bowl. The segment I didn't want to have to do.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six on demand.
Speaker 2: And catch us anytime on demand the iHeartRadio app. All right, I asked you why you are not watching the super Bowl tonight. You're listening to KFI instead. Not that I'm complaining, very happy to.
Speaker 3: Have you here toiler.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're not watching because halftime is over and the rest of the game has been a huge disappointment. Time to leave that super Bowl party because it looks like this one. You can put to bed and just get updates later on, watch the highlights on YouTube. Yep, that's the way you're going to do it from here on out. Go ahead for many people that are going to stick around and watch the super Bowl because they're already six beers in, which is why an awful lot of.
Speaker 3: People have decided to take a day tomorrow. I hate this.
Speaker 2: I was born in a different generation where you don't call in sick unless you're sick, and I'm all for taking time off. I'm a proponent of the PTO. The paid time off doesn't matter, if you're sick, doesn't matter, if you are on vacation, doesn't PTO. Take the PTO, then I don't have to feel bad about it, But no, I gotta call in sick. No, no, no. Hungover is not sick. Hungover is unprepared.
Speaker 3: You didn't plan.
Speaker 2: You're drinking right, and so now you're paying the price, and now you're going to hump all your work onto everybody else. No, I can't stand that, but it is the great American sick out.
Speaker 12: You are planning to go to the office on Monday, you might see fewer people than.
Speaker 2: Usual, although does mean I could probably get some promo parking KTLA with this report.
Speaker 12: And estimated twenty two point six million Americans planning to miss work the day after the Super Bowl. A new report by hr technology firm UKG estimates that four million more.
Speaker 2: We had to have a UK technology firm do the report because I guess our surveyors were sick. One hundred million people watching the game, twenty two million calling out sick. We got a twenty two percent sick out rate from everybody that watches the game.
Speaker 12: Garbage estimates that four million more Americans will miss work Super Bowl Monday compared to last year, with an additional thirteen million workers expected to show up late, and that number has not included the three million people expected to call in sick despite feeling fine for trash. For years, football fans have been trying to make Super Bowl Monday and national holiday, and forty three percent of Americans now support the idea.
Speaker 2: How about an executive order. We executive order everything else, it's just executive order another holiday. Yeah, that's legacy there.
Speaker 3: Yep. If Trump were to eo a holiday on Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Monday, historic historic because not only would we have then Super Bowl Monday off, you'd have the next Monday off too for President's Day?
Speaker 3: Right, because that isn't that right? Seventeenth right is President's Day this year? Yep.
Speaker 2: See where I'm going with this, trying to make it so that we have four day work weeks. Yeah, I mean, if we can't just declare four day work weeks, we're just gonna holiday in four day work weeks and.
Speaker 3: I'm all for it. Boom.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, if you did put on a Super Bowl party, you know that it cost you more, especially if you had any sort of deviled eggs or egg based or chicken drummies. That's where the price went up. However, the price in some of the other stuff not so bad. In fact, I was just at the grocery store today and they had a buy two, get three free sale on chips. Boy did I make a mistake going to the grocery store on Super Bowl Sunday. I thought, if I went to the grocery store after, you know, one o'clockish, that I would probably be okay.
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 2: I had the show ready to go, and I said, I'm going to go to the store. By now people are setting up their parties. Store is going to be empty. Boy was I wrong? I was wrong. It was chaos. And at the grocery store that's when they decided they needed to restock all the shelves.
Speaker 3: All right then too, Oh, I can't stand that. What I should have done is you know the rule, you never go to Costco on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, because if you're like me, you already hate people in general, not you other people, but you hate people, You hate parking. You go to Costco because you got the Costco card and it's cheap, and you know that you have to suck it up every now and again and you have to just go and save some money and all that other crap. But for the most part, it is it is punishment. There's a trade off. You're saving good money, but you got to deal with people. If I weren't scheduled to work, I would have meandered on into that Costco right at kickoff. And I'm a football fan, but I would have meandered in rite a kickoff three point thirty, pulling into the Costco. But then again, based on a number of you that have sent the talkbacks as to why you're not watching the game, sounds like there's an awful lot of you not watching the game. So maybe you all have the same idea too, So maybe Costco was chaos. You never go to Costco on Sunday. I don't anyway, Saturday Sunday off limits Costco. I kid, don't, never do it. Never do it. Meanwhile, yeah, meat, poultry, fish, and eggs up significantly this time around, but a number of the other sectors are actually down from what they were adjusted for inflation from from pre pandemic times. Hopefully you got away with saving a little bit of money. Yeah, here goes to this goes to my other shoots a hole in my costco theory. Study finds tells only only forty four excuse me, only forty four percent of young adults are watching the Super Bowl Wow three and ten are watching the game all by themselves, and again two out of five not watching it at all. Overall, about sixty four percent of Americans say they plan to watch the Super Bowl. What does not make sense to me is that sixty four percent of Americans would mean that we'd have ratings somewhere in the neighborhood of one hundred and eighty to two hundred thout excuse me, one hundred and eighty to two hundred million people. And yet when the ratings come out, they say that it was closer to one twenty ish. So somebody's lying in somebody's survey. There you go, that's all you get in the meantime. Uh My super producer Kayla, always dependable, always here when I need her, Always the one that tells you no business like show business. Decided she was going to mail it in today. Oh no, she's listening. She keeps sending me your talk back. She's monitoring and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But is she here. She's literally at a Super Bowl party while I work. Good for her?
Speaker 7: Hello, Chris A.
Speaker 2: Brigitta de Gastino did break, she did brave the uh the mean streets in order to come in today. Thank you so much for that, Brigina, God bless you. You're what we call one of the good ones in this business.
Speaker 11: All right, one who doesn't care about sports exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't think Kayla cares about sports either, and she just wants to be at the party.
Speaker 7: She deserves it.
Speaker 3: Come ever done to deserve anything unbelievable, all Right.
Speaker 2: The meantime, there's no you want to do this for Gina since Kale is out, we'll audition you.
Speaker 7: Sure, I'm ill, so you know it's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Don't be a streaky all right, here we go. There's no business like.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounded like you Doatrick mahomes impersonation was terrible.
Speaker 3: All right, that's next. Chris Merril k if I AM six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio
Speaker 1: App, KFI A M six forty on demand