Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome the game spot after Dark. I don't know what the framing is, but I'm trying to like get that behind me, you know, like like like like a painting. But I've got the Halo s you know what I'm saying? Right? Do you have this on your shirt? Though? You you I'm done? Ah'm sick. Hey, hey, curtain too, Vena. That's me Jake Decker, Yeah, whatever, and I'm John Leck zac P. Sorry, I'm not talking the rest of the episodes. All right, that's fine. Fine, me and Kirk can just talk about Adam Fall for the next hour.
Speaker 2: Look angry, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Anyways, Adam Fall. Let's just get into it. This is an Adam Fall channel. Now. We just talked about Adam Fall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had for a channel that hasn't really been consistently you know, we've been Our whole strategy is kind of changed, doing live content and doing breakouts of live.
Speaker 1: We're figuring it out right now.
Speaker 3: We still managed to have surprisingly a lot of Adam Fall talk. I was working on well, I was working on his script and you were like, yeah, you should like put that, we should like record that, and then this morning I'm like, dude, I think we've been talking about that way too many videos on that not get actuality.
Speaker 4: We've only really talked about it once.
Speaker 1: Well, well, Jake did it, then I did, and then me and Jake did it. Let's play. Yeah that it gave you how much I'm paying attention.
Speaker 2: We didn't do videos for the preview technically, because I did like a written, scripted one, and then we did one on the Game Spot Show. I think that aired right, it did, and then we did a huge discussion and then yeah.
Speaker 1: We streamed it and then we talked about it last week and yeah, yeah, we did talk about Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, for what it's worth, it's a game that we're collectively enjoying a lot.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, last week you only played a little bit and you also didn't say too much about it on the Game Spot Show because you're, you know, leaving the people. Yeah, so go ahead talk about it. Kurt can just ramble, Okay. Me and Kurt have now both finished at them fall.
Speaker 1: I think I got more, I think of export more endings than you you have to. I did two, you did three. Yeah took me about fifteen hours, although I think I took me longer. Basically, the Counters is fifteen it feels like I played it for more. You took about twenty It took me twenty one hours. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe it's not like it's not because the game was hard.
Speaker 1: I just was. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was properly investigating things and doing my thing, although there was a few times where I.
Speaker 4: Would go to find something, couldn't find it.
Speaker 3: You have to kind of it all got a little impatient, went somewhere else, and then I was like, fuck, I need to go all the way back there. But I mean the game, I don't know, the game has like really with the maybe exception with one map, I feel like the game has a pretty good way of funneling. But I would say the woods, I think is the most annoying to navigate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit, I would agree.
Speaker 3: There's only one clear road that you can go down to get to either end of it.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it's very sprawling and yeah, you're kind of going mazy in and out and stuff. We have finished it, and uh, the reason we keep talking about it so much is because, at least for myself, it is my personal like front runner for Game of the Year. And you put it on the ranking. I did number one Delivery, watched the game Spot show. We have the game Spot Power Ranking, which is a complete nonsensical list that has nothing to do with anything that reflects that reflects us, but isn't.
Speaker 2: Or in this situation gen u yes, but it doesn't hold any stake in how we as a publication.
Speaker 1: Exactly like, don't try and lean into it in any anything further. But I put that sucker right at the top. I was very proud of you for that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's power move. It was one of those you know.
Speaker 1: Above Kingdom Come Deliverance to which I haven't split Fiction, which we gave at ten, which I want to be three.
Speaker 4: By what GameSpot game, I was seven out of ten.
Speaker 3: Adam Fall, however, I do think Adam Fall is one of those games that's gonna going to be very divisive in many ways. I think it's even if you look at the Steam reviews, it's already pretty clear to me that either people fucking get it or they fucking don't. And it's because the nature of that game doesn't tell you what to do in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: There just go the game that I closely associate it with is games like far Cry Too, games like Metro Exodus. It's it's games that have like a level of friction to them and and a like a deliberate pacing that I think is, Yeah, like you said, it's either going to be extremely your shit in the way it is for me, or you're gonna like not get it or just kind of lose patients or you know, yeah, lose patients or just like be like, ah, this isn't really my vibe, which I think is totally fine obviously, but like it, it does create this thing where you're like, yeah, this is either a game you're going to be like, Wow, this is incredible. Everyone should play it, or you're going to just be like I don't really get it or think it's like okay, I this game is like destined to be a cult classic. In my opinion, I wanted to be more than that. I think everyone should play it, especially because it's on game Pass, you have like no excuse to not try it and see if it vibes with you.
Speaker 2: But I will say I kind of mentioned this at lunch, but you keep saying like this game has a lot of friction, which it does, but you put it over probably the biggest friction game, which in so long I've played, I haven't played it yet.
Speaker 1: Maybe it will go above Adam Fall when I play it ranking board because they don't move well exactly.
Speaker 3: But but to your point, you also said that adam Fall basically lets you go into that world and.
Speaker 1: Right away less it's it's a lot more managed.
Speaker 3: You could probably do it and probably less than a minute you can actually get into that open world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you said can Kingdom Come Deliverance to is like an hour? Yeah, that of itself hour maybe two. Yeah, that game is also like ninety hours long. Yeah, where this game is again a cool like fifteen to twenty. And that's the thing I really like about Out of Fall is it really respected my time, Like despite being a game that is like slow and deliberate, Like every hour of that game felt meaningful and felt like I was doing things that were like important and engaging like it, you know, compared to like playing Assassin's Creed for four hours and feeling like I did jack shit and I like don't remember any of it, like I've It's so rare to play a game where every moment of it like felt good and I wanted to keep playing.
Speaker 4: I agree, I almost.
Speaker 3: And also it's a game that I'm pretty sure you could maybe finish in like I don't know, less than an hour or two.
Speaker 1: I would love what you're doing. I love to see speed runs of this thing that you can like get through that game real quick. It's it's I.
Speaker 3: Think it's also a game you could potentially finish without killing a single person. You may even be able to finish it without talking to anybody, maybe, like I don't even know, like I would like to try.
Speaker 4: That's the type of kind of yeah feeling the game gives.
Speaker 1: It gives that vibe because as you play it, you have this epiphany of like, oh, oh, I could have done it this way, Like I love when a game does that where you like, as you're playing it, you have this epiphany of just like way.
Speaker 3: You and I had two different ways of getting the dot somebody out of jail. Yes, like I had discovered I had done something for someone who gave me permission to walk right through the prison and not deal with any of the prisoners or like any of the guards. They basically they I was their ally. And then I discovered that through a different way, you can open a gate that goes to this other thing that goes as things like, oh so when I get this person out, I can just go here and avoid all this conflict when shit hits the fan and I had found out you were like, why fuck that all up?
Speaker 1: Way early on? Oh yeah, I couldn't go through the is in that way, so I found a completely different entemento. So that was cool. Yeah. Yeah, I'm a big fan of it. I'm a huge, huge fan of it. It to me, it's just one of those games. It's like, oh, it's it's scratching, it's scratching those itches. It's it's got that uh, it's got that Double A magic of that. I feel like you just don't see that often anymore. And I think that's part of the reason why I want it to be so successful. It's not just because I'm like, hey, it's a cool game that I like, and I think they dev should be rewarded for making something cool, but because to me, it feels like this is gonna sound really dramatic, the potential future of like what Double A Games could and should be like, which is like a studio that is well known for making a thing, taking a risk but not in a major way because they're reusing lots of assets from like Sniper Elite, which I've never played Snapper Elit, so that didn't bother me. But I know, like Mark mentioned that, but didn't it didn't bother him either. He just mentioned that like they used it, and he also praised it for being very smart in the way that they kind of were like we took what we have and we you know, like built upon that to make something new. And I'm like, yeah, like that's like what you should do with games, Like you should like that. I feel like that's how games used to be get made. It's like you would like take what you had and you would just keep building upon it and expanding upon it and then shifting it around and making something new out of it. And it's like, I don't know the budget of this game, but I imagine it's a lot smaller than you know, like other big kind of like tent Pole Triple A games. And to me, it's like, I think this game is like doing more interesting things than a lot of those games, and that should be like celebrated and like if it does well, like to me, it's like that's that's a positive example of like where games should be going in that kind of direction.
Speaker 3: That was the one thing I was saying the other day where was like, I really feel like Adam Fall is the type of game that we should be celebrating because it is attempting to do things in a way that is experimental and kind of novel and how it approaches its quests, and regardless of whether or not you think it is a seven out of ten or if it is a seven out of ten, yeah, that doesn't mean that the game should be any less celebrated because it is trying something different and doing it in a way that feels more approachable than I've seen other experimental games or experimental things do it. I was going to say, I don't know if I said this on podcast, Probably not because I only played it for thirty minutes last time. But the only other game I could think of that has handled quests this way where everything is ranked.
Speaker 1: Basically not ranked.
Speaker 3: It's like nothing, nothing is a section, Yeah, nothing is prioritized, so everything is considered important. The only other game I can think off the top of my head, and I'm sure there's more that did that and had the same effect on me is Planscape Torment, where like everything in your journal is just information you've collected, and it's really up to you as a player to decide what is priority and what's not, and like what feels important, what doesn't, and even the most least important things oftentimes can be extremely important to what happens at the end of the game, which is the same thing with Landscape Torment.
Speaker 1: It's a really fascinating example of how by just like removing like just like the tiniest little bit of information or re like framing it can completely change the way you think about an approach because essentially, like your leads, it's just a quest log like those are just quests, but it doesn't frame them as quests. And it also doesn't, like you said, frame them is like, hey, here's like this is the side quest, and this is a secondary quest, and this is a collectible and this is a main quest, like you know, like because that's how most games operate, and you kind of go like, oh, I'm gonna go do the main quest. Now I'm gonna go do a side thing, like the game just says like, no, these are all leads and they all could equally lead to something important or maybe something more minor and it's up to you. Yeah, And I think that like makes your brain you approach it differently and in a way that's like more exciting because you don't know what's gonna happen and and what's helpful is more often than not, like they I would say pretty much all of them like are interesting. It would it would it wouldn't work if, like you know, you did a couple of them and they were like boring and suck. But like they all either like lead to like an interesting item or they have like an interesting story, and a lot of times one quest will then have a lead to another quest. They all kind of like fold in on each other, so it no matter what direction you go in, you will have more directions to go in afterwards than you will like very effortlessly end up at the ending, which is like kind of like an it seems so effortless, but like that has to be incredibly difficult to pull off.
Speaker 2: When I spoke to the director, he was saying that the early builds of that game, or like the early like like the the betas and alphas and stuff, as they were working through it. Originally they just had a standard quest system that was just like really, go here, just go here, do this. Yeah, I mean you'd still pick up like a note, I think, but it would just like point you directly where to go, and it like I don't know if different quests were prioritize in that state. I wish, I wish I asked them more about it at the time, but I only played like ninety minutes if that of it, so like didn't have a lot of context. But he did say that it took a lot of work to kind of figure out like how to present all that information in a way that's like interesting and doesn't sort of guide the player too much, but also just like just enough guidance for the player. Uh, And like it's interesting because that seems like in theory, that seems like such an easy thing, Like it's like, oh, let's just get rid of point like waypoints and then there you go, you know, and you have to look at the thing. But yeah, I imagine there's like a lot of balancing that comes in, like oh, Okay, what can I show the player here? What should I not show the player? What should the player have to figure out? Because like you can't just be like all right, you have nothing.
Speaker 1: To from good luck. They saw that. Well maybe some people would like that, but yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I do think they also solve that problem by sprinkling all multiple possibilities to one place throughout the world. So for example, I love bringing this up that we all found flashlights at different times at different points, and I found like the metal detector, like you, like Jake hadn't found a flashlight, but he had found a metal detect within like ten minutes, but you hadn't found a metal detector. You had a flashlight, and like you both watched me in real time just stumble upon a flashlight at one spot. But then I realized later it's like, oh, you can actually have found it, like right around.
Speaker 1: The corner from where you first leave the bunker. It's like little things like that.
Speaker 3: And they do the same thing with leads, where you will find multiple slips of paper or multiple things throughout the world that all.
Speaker 4: Lead to the same lead.
Speaker 3: But it's done in such a way that I think that's very smart, where it's like you can only find this instead of having you can only get this quest in this one place at this one point. They're like, no, there's like sprinkles of things. Yeah, I allude to I.
Speaker 1: Had to give like one very tiny criticism to that, But it is that there were definitely situations where I'd be like, I'm gonna follow, Oh, I'm gonna see what's over here, and it would sometimes be a lead that I already had, so I would be like, oh, okay, like I this was meant for if I hadn't discovered it, and it is, so it didn't feel like I wasted my time. But it's like, and I don't even know if i'd really call that like a criticism. If anything, it's almost like a compliment to just like how much they like included different avenues to explore, Like I like it. It's it's like you can see it helps you see the seems a little bit when that happens. But I by no means like I'm like, oh that's bad or anything. It's just like kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 1: And this is a defense is like in defense of the game, the amount of times I had found a bunch of shit that I just picked up, I was like, I don't know, this seems important, and then later somebody's like, if you can go find this for me, be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I already did, Like I kind of already always like, get fucked.
Speaker 1: I don't have to go and do anything for you. You go pal yep. Always always your cornish pastry.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to find a cornish pastry, but somebody will give you'll get them and we will give them to you for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's just what British people do. They just hide cornish pastries everywhere. And when I was in England, that's pretty much I you know, if.
Speaker 4: You did something nice for someone who's like.
Speaker 1: Hey, exactly stripping over them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just just plopping on these cornish patri I mean, and Adam fall.
Speaker 4: Was I felt like I was stepping all over all over the place.
Speaker 3: You're watching it. There's a whole mind field in that game. But then there's a cornish.
Speaker 1: That Patry is putting in work.
Speaker 3: Yea one paper is like my husband's sick, I got nothing else to do. He just gives out and the random just drop them.
Speaker 1: Well, that was that was my favorite.
Speaker 4: Another thing I love about that game.
Speaker 1: Well, when you've solved the question, she gives you one.
Speaker 3: When your inventory's pull and you're given a reward that doesn't fit your inventory, it just kind of floats just kind of just is thrown in the air. So when I was like, thanks, here you go, missus Baker lady like think you She's like, here have these cornish pastries?
Speaker 1: They just kind of flopped off the floor the roof in my invatory.
Speaker 3: H So I would encourage every game to just kind of throw inventory at me instead corns patries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a cool game that is is like was not on my radar, and it's like, I again, it's cool to see a developer that has like kind of done the same game for the last like ten years. It's interesting because Rebellion actually as a studio has been around for like a really long time and hasn't done like a lot of games. But I was kind of looking through their desography and like they've been mostly just doing Sniper Elite for the past decade, so with like one or two things here and there they've branched out with. So seeing them continue to branch out even further with what feels like their biggest game definitely risks. Yeah, their biggest risk is like really cool. I think they're in dependent too. I don't think owen By, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if they're fully independent, but I'm pretty sure, like you know, it is mostly independently owned, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should play it, especially if you have game Pass. Yeah what are you doing? Go play it? I mean it's also a reasonly priced game. Yeah. Oh no, no, well I'm saying I get it all.
Speaker 4: I think it's cheaper in PC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, yeah, fifty bucks on PC, which is great. It feels appropriate, you know, for a solid twenty hours I spent totally with like good replay value. Could always play it again, see different endings. Yeah, do a no kill run and when to try I'm very curious.
Speaker 4: Although the moment I was playing in the office.
Speaker 3: Kill the first person and then I met this band just like stro Guitars.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, how you do win?
Speaker 3: I was like, I fucking kick the shit. So you know, we'll see if I can stop myself for not killing anyone. I always fucking I couldn't. I would never have the patience to do that. And like the dishonored games where you can do no kill run.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, Jake, you didn't play anything else last.
Speaker 2: Week, I've playing more Monster Hunter. I was still playing Monster Hunter. I also played with you. We played some Repo. We did play Repo right, which has been pretty hot recently. I feel like a lot of people have been playing it. It's like a it's like one of those streamer games, it seems, but.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a Lethal Company like like I don't know, the genre is like weird like extraction, co op extraction, slapstick game, meme game, meme game kind of.
Speaker 2: I think the one big difference, I mean, there's a lot of differences, but I'd say the one big difference from Lethal Company is it's much more physics based it is, which means there's a lot of like wacky things that can happen. But I think one of my favorite things, which I don't really want to spoil because I know you haven't played, and I feel like you'd get a kick out.
Speaker 4: I'm going to play it, but.
Speaker 2: Like some of the items that you pick up affect your character.
Speaker 1: Those areas that are really.
Speaker 2: Funny, very funny, unexpected, like that particular item where we were very confused as to well, I knew it was gonna happen because I already played, but uh, you and Matt were very confused as to what was happening in a way that it's really clever too, and like the way it like kind of changes the gameplay. But yeah, basically it's like you it's a co op game where you and a team go through like a house and repossess things, and you have a certain amount of cash value.
Speaker 1: Once you hit that you complete the mission. If you play Lethal Company, you're familiar with the concept, it's very similar. But as Jake mentioned, if like everything has like can take damage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you pick up a vase that's where six thousand, and then you bash it against a wall and it.
Speaker 1: Part of it shatters. The amount of times I would pick up like a plate and be like, oh, this is a rare plate, and I'd like turn and just switch smash them ahead with it, I'd be like fuck.
Speaker 2: Or like wolves, you'll find jewels and those are worth a lot, but they when they break, they're just gone. Yeah, Like I like picked them up like this will get us we can leave, and then just bash it against the wall and it just shatters.
Speaker 3: What what is like the the like how what is the force in which you are touching walls with these objects?
Speaker 1: So youve them around you tell a pathic there's like a rubber band and like a like a yeah saw that like float in front of you, but can you not be gentle?
Speaker 2: You can, but there's also monsters, so there's like an urgency to it as well. Yeah, so you know you can carefully carry this vase, but then something will kill You're like okay, I gotta run.
Speaker 1: Try to run with it.
Speaker 2: But you can also have like team lifts, so you can have friend help you carry something, and that makes it easier to carry, quicker to carry, you can lift it higher. But also there's you know, more factors for it to break and shatter and yeah, exactly, yeah, I mean, I think that game just sounds like a great presentation.
Speaker 1: It does some really fun dumb little stuff like you know, when you're character talks, their mouth actually like flaps open in like muppet kind of the presentation, which I think is like really funny. I guess I didn't realize this, but the eyes apparently like actually will like automatically track to whichever character is talking that. I didn't know it did that, but like, yeah, like it it looks really there's what there's this little thing you can do where you can like compress down until it likeing and you just like turn into like a tin can you like shrink down and can then pick you can pick up them and have fun with them. It's a good time. Yeah. If I had to give a critique for that game in comparison to Lethal Company, because there's no cornish pastries, there's no cornish pastries. And that's just like I can only play games with cornish pastries in them. Now, that is kind of my thing standard exactly that every game should follow. That's what I was talking about when I was talking about the future of gaming, was talking about cornish.
Speaker 4: Quest line and you know now it's world is design.
Speaker 2: No putting this at the top of the list because of this Deliverance to Kingdom come Deliverance actual.
Speaker 1: Or Veria must have had a cornish pastry. Well maybe not. I mean, I don't know, who knows. We'll see what is your criticism, I'm sorry? Uh, what I like about so in in Repo, the environments are so like tight and constrictive that oftentimes when a monster does show up, it's like you you don't really have anywhere to go. You can't like you can hide, but the monster kind of just will like keep coming back around and you're like like it. It creates this weird situation where sometimes it felt like I don't know if we can get out of this situation, so like I don't have the patience for this because we're still playing with friends and you're getting like in patient. Where with Lethal Company.
Speaker 3: My most memorable memories with Lethal Company is watching my friend in real time do some of the most chaotic shit to avoid months later or something.
Speaker 1: Because of the way that stuff is laid out, it's easier to be like, we can't go to the left, that area, don't even bother, Like that area is gone. We can try these other areas instead, or you would actually like you would have situations in Lethal Company where everyone would go off to the left, or like someone will go that way, someone goes that way and you don't hear from them a while, and you're like, oh god, they're dead. You don't quite get that in I've gotten that. Oh okay, I haven't. But maybe it's because when we played we were very together the whole time. The maps feel a little bit smaller because I played with Dan and Mary and okay, and we were all over the place, and like, you definitely want to play with game chat or voice chat in game.
Speaker 2: The further way someone is, the harder it is to hear them. And there was definitely moments where you where we'd think everyone was dead or something and I'd be like all alone, and I'd bump into Dan and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh my god, you're still alive.
Speaker 2: And then we disappear and one of us would die and we'd still think he's alive. But then whoever's dead can like over here what the other person is saying. So it's like kind of fun to listen to people being like, uh, uh.
Speaker 1: Jake, are you in there? Yeah? Are you in there?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, can't say anything because I'm dead. So it's similarly Lethal Company. Yeah, I or like fast my phobia. I always love that about that game.
Speaker 1: I I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, like what you said is kind of a criticism for me. I also think this is like much more brutal, much much more unforgiving than Lethal Company.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like you have this cart that you can push through the level, so you can like throw things in the car, and once they're in the cart, they're technically safe, like they can't be damaged unless a monster comes.
Speaker 1: And there are situations where we'd all run.
Speaker 2: And hide from the monster and leave the cart, and the creature would just come and start destroying everything and the thing yeah, and we just be like what do we do, Like we have no way to defend ourselves because it was still kind of early, so we just kind of have to let this monster destroy ten thousand dollars worth of stuff and then we have to find in another ten thousand dollars worth of stuff, potentially without the cart because that monster is kind of protecting it. There are weapons you can get, and they're like items to scare monsters away, to attack monsters, but the price seems pretty high, like by the time we'd afford it, like be able to afford some of that stuff, we usually wouldn't survive that long. Like in fact, we only made it to the third level I think once, and we should have beaten it, but there was a weird bug that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, what it's worth again, I haven't played Rebo yet, and I'm very eager to.
Speaker 1: Think with me and lethal companies.
Speaker 3: I actually did not like that game at first. I had such a hard time of feeling like what progress are we making? Like spend all this time, we get all this shit, we go feed it to the monster. We have a big fun chuckle, and then we make it like maybe two more days and to a point where we can no longer. There's no possible way we can meet this. The the amount money you're supposed to make, And every time I booed, that came up and I was like, and here we are back at fucking day zero, like doing all the shit again. However, in due time, once I embraced the chaos, knowing it's really not about progress in Lethal Company, it's like it's it doesn't matter, yeah, and like you know, we did get some better strategies, but nothing that really helps in the grand scheme. I don't think I've ever made it more than I think maybe we've made like done to like over ten, Like I forget what that we did, and it's saying to my I think it's like a thousand dollars and I think we made it to like twelve hundred bucks on which is like a huge deal.
Speaker 4: But once I started to embrace the chaos.
Speaker 3: Of that game and I was like, I don't know a fuck, then I actually fell in love with Lethal Company. So I'm interested to see how that works with Repo.
Speaker 2: I do think REPO is like more upfront about that sort of chaotic side right when you start the animations your character, like the physics make it really funny, you know. I feel like there's more uh ridiculous things that could potentially happen in REPO. But but it is an early access, and I do think there's some balancing all these games are.
Speaker 1: I know all these games has been in an early access for access.
Speaker 3: It probably will be early access. I can't imagine until they fixed the.
Speaker 1: No well, that's when they better felt. That's when that's when the game is over. I will that's when I delete it. Yeah, the moment they fixed the Bendi back, I'm out. Yeah, but should be fair.
Speaker 3: I mean when I've talked to those developers the face and I was like, this is important to me, may understand it. The more part of those games identity for me. I think they know that. I think maybe they won't.
Speaker 2: When we played the other night, were just like, you know, getting a circle around someone is.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, you do your dance, Okay, you do yours is all.
Speaker 1: But that game at.
Speaker 4: Least has progressasmophobia.
Speaker 3: It does like you are better equipment, all that jazz they have a bunch of new equipment that I haven't even seen.
Speaker 1: I would say that game because that's more of a puzzle game. There's a satisfaction into like correctly guessing and then getting a new tool that can help you do it. Or they're like different vibe, you know, even though it kind of created it. I guess the the genre if if that's what you'd call it, that like all these games have like been built upon, Like I I do wonder to some degree, like if a game like Lethal Company would exist without it exists without Fastmophobia, Like maybe maybe not, because like they're they're different, but they're also kind of built on rout I think the same kind of idea of like cooperative sort of like silly nonsense happening. Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 4: Fan of the genre me too. Also, isn't we haven't played Midnight.
Speaker 1: Murder Midnight Murder Club? I really want to? But isn't that like six players required or something. I think it's something that's required.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with so many friends, Stu wants to play with us. He was saying that the lobbies and he's like, I can't do it. I can't live that life. Apparently, it's a mess, which I would believe, Like I, I have no desire to play any of those kinds of games. I cannot imagine people. That sounds terrible going into a game of Lethal Company with three strangers. It's like, not the point of me. Imagine what that is.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, even fansmophobia like be like, hello, person, I've just met and now I have to communicate with you in a very specific way. Show me your bendy back dance, show your bag dance, and then and if they don't do it right, and then we'll talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had an idea for a dating game that I gotta pitch you to later. Sorry, you're not gonna save Yeah, but I had an idea like, oh, that's actually does it involve bendy back to.
Speaker 1: May now and May now? I can't recperate that.
Speaker 4: I would like to play Repo We should play and then watch Repo Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, and that's just a sick movie talking, Yeah, but then we should watch Repo Men, which is not a sick movie.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a sequel?
Speaker 3: No, it's a it's an action film that came out in like the twenty ten's. Oh, we're like two guys gotta take organs, they gotta repel organs.
Speaker 1: I don't actually know if it's an action film. I just remember the trailer at uh, who's the who's that actor? And AI with who's the robot man? Who's come on? You know I'm talking about he's in the movie AI, the movie AI by Steven Spielberg. Yeah. Oh, I don't remember anyone in that movie, you know, I can't. I don't what else is movie? At first I thought you were talking about buy some tennial Man. I'm like Robin Williams.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Robin Williams is stealing organs, cutting has has scalpels and I was like, cutting people up while taking their organs.
Speaker 4: And it has nothing to do with Rebo Man.
Speaker 1: The movie Cool Cool Suicidal Tendencies is on the Repoman soundtrack.
Speaker 4: Just say it's a big it's a cool punk movie.
Speaker 3: Cinematographer of Paris, Texas. You can tell for like two shots, Yeah, just just two. I think I was watching it and I was like this, not just because it has like green or blue and red lights, but the way it's framed and it's very Americana, and I was like, I can tell.
Speaker 1: Anyways, my criterion Paris Texas is on the way. I ordered it during the fifty damn right, excited.
Speaker 3: Very Also, you know what's messed up. I got the VHS copy of that movie. You know, I like to watch v just as when I fall asleep. I don't want a smart TV in my bedroom. But the VHS version, which is hard to fine and very expensive, cold corrected the film. So the actual coloring of that movie is different on the VHS.
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 4: I mean no, it's not because they because because that.
Speaker 1: Film is going to say that movie does not need color.
Speaker 3: From what I was doing from I understand, the green of Paris, Texas is caused by the lights. The fluorescent lights that are usually were changed out during filming of films during that era, and so that green is like technically unnatural, but they kept it because it has such a cool aesthetic.
Speaker 4: And then the VHS version color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all the scenes, I was like, this is not at all what this is supposed to look like.
Speaker 1: This is what this is weird. It's very bizarre. Watch out, kids, if you're buying Paris texts on VHS, make sure the lights are green.
Speaker 4: I'm sure a lot of people are doing that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I know there's a little game even playing from your favorite TV show?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Should I talk about that? Yeah? So well? Which one? Which TV show? Sopranos? Okay, thought we're gonn talk about Family Guy? For ye? I thought that's where you're gonna go in.
Speaker 3: I mean, if realistically I would imagine Family Guys a TV show you like versus Sopranos based on does Jan luke that?
Speaker 1: I know? Wow, Jesus, that's brutal.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you know did you not like Family Guy one point in your life? Yeah, like when I was like twelve or what.
Speaker 1: I would you like?
Speaker 4: Did you like Sopranos at one point in your life?
Speaker 1: I've never seen Sopranos. Lere you go? I guess you know? I guess correction, you just took me down really hard. But you're a good friend whom I like as you are. Okay, So if it is true.
Speaker 3: That Family Guy is a thing you've watched at one point in your life, and that doesn't make me think any less.
Speaker 1: Of you, a little less for me if you enjoy I mean, were you ever a fan of bare naked ladies? No?
Speaker 4: Then we're good.
Speaker 1: We're all saw uh one of no I saw they recently, like I think, I don't think it's like recent recent, but like within the last year or two they did a song about Family Guy know about cancel culture. It was the cringiest ship well first ever seen even by their standards. It was like, oh this, Oh you're old. Oh were you ever a fan of Dave Matthews Man? No, then we're good. It's okay if you're a fan of Family Guy. We all have our moments. Uh yeah me, uh, yep, that's me. Fan of Family Guy, Crank two, my favorite films.
Speaker 3: Blasting ladies, cancer cultures, the Night Let's Go, Family Guy and Crank two.
Speaker 1: There was a period I don't know why, but YouTube like kept recommending me Family Guy clips, Like for.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was a period where Family Guy was really big and kind of like cant away, but like we did get canced a couple of times, right, sure, camp once and then brought back.
Speaker 1: Well, but like there was a period it was still airing, but I feel like no one talked about it, and then it started showing up on TikTok.
Speaker 2: I think that's why it's like TikTok and like Instagram and like Instagram reals. I feel like I saw so many Family Guy clips for a while and I was like.
Speaker 1: What what's this?
Speaker 2: What's with this research? It turns out kids were into it. Oh okay, it's like the Simpsons, you know.
Speaker 1: Can you do a good Peter Griffin? Hold on? Hold on, hey, lois Ah, get me a ber Oh that was freaking sweet. Have you done it before? Yeah? It's his favorite party trick. Can you do it? Uh? I don't like, no, No, you were almost there. Kinda was like, oh, like I had that's pretty good. How does do we go? He's like he's like I was, oh, pretty good. Brian Chance clapping in the bay. Why the fuck are we talking about this? Play those games? Yes? Okay, So I redid my living room setup.
Speaker 3: I used to have Tobos movie poster poster, Family Guy poster ladies.
Speaker 1: I said, I, you know, I'm an adult. I should probably take down the fight Club poster and I should put up my true self. Yeah. You take down the fight Club.
Speaker 3: Poster and then there's boont dock Stakes behind it, and you're like, oh, Shi take that down too.
Speaker 1: And then his Family Guy and you're like, I leave it there. Okay, I'm cool that one. I feel like we're never gonna let you talk about this game. My living room setup used to be like my main TV setup, and then I had all my retro consoles in like a differ corner, and I made the decision recently. I was like, you know, I think I rather kind of take all my retro stuff combined it with my main stetup so that I can then have I can turn that corner into like a reading craft area, because I was like, what if I, you know, consolidate my tech, right, you know, like one thing so I can actually like maybe like have other things that aren't like a screen related in my house. And so like we spent all day doing it, and then we're like, all right, well what we should play some games? Uh? And I had a pile of games that I just like grabbed from the game Spot game library and one of the most family Guy on the PS two. I don't remember why. I think I grabbed it as like a joke.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought it was fate. He just picked it up.
Speaker 1: And I mean I I grabbed some like legitimate games. I grabbed like the Suffering, I grabbed a Chronicles Ritic like. But then we also grabbed like the Shrek game and in Sopranos. So we're like, all right, well play on what shoul we start with. Let's start with Family Guy, because I have heard of that game before, and I was like, oh, maybe, like it's it's like I've played it before. I think I've finished it because I'm like, oh, you know, like Simpson's Hidden Run kind of holds upon or No, it's it's a like level bass platforming shooter game shooter. Yeah, yeah, you like have a gun, like because you're Stewie and you have like a you play you play a Stewie and then you play is Brian and Brian sequences are all stell sections and they suck. I didn't even get to play his Peter Griffin. I don't even know what he does. Oh, but he's in it because he is in it. Just Peter Griffin. I know, I know he's in it. I just didn't get that far. I gave up. It's not a very good game, unfortunately. It's the controls are really weird. It's like they're bad, but not in the way you'd think they're bad. I assume they were going to be have like a very like floaty kind of feel. It's the opposite. Every it feels like too stiff. We're like the the when you move around like it's not quite like full three sixty. It like like it's hard to describe, but like you you move on like a like an eight axis sort of okay thing. So like when you aim, it's like not quite right. The everything just like has like a very I don't know, it's like there's it doesn't have that like that when you when you you know, like when Mario jumps, like they'd all these little like kind of like squashes and you like like a ramp up and a down. You also have the jump feel good. Like this is just like I'm I'm glad.
Speaker 4: You're comparing a licensed.
Speaker 1: One of the latform. You know, as a family guy fan, my standards are pretty high. So I'm just expressing my disappointment. So it doesn't have that weight, it doesn't have that point, It doesn't have that weight. And yeah, I mean, like I don't know you're you're going through is you're just like collecting bolts of Stewie and and you're shooting random people. Like you go to a hospital and you wait, you go to a hospital and shoot people. Oh yeah, you like shoot nurses because they're trying attack you. You jump on pregnant women and babies pop out of them. I'm being very serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they make like bush Aero jokes because you know that's when the game came out there.
Speaker 1: Yes, you jump on pregnant women. Crag myers are and he goes giggey like you know, it's the whole thing. Is this a normal like Family Guy thing? Oh yeah, okay, that's like that's like Family.
Speaker 4: Did at one point in time.
Speaker 1: I remember the kool Aid Man.
Speaker 3: Being a current I will say even by I remember jumping on pregnant women or that being a thing in the cartoon, I will say, by these standards of Family Guy, it felt the jokes felt even lamer than like the show, like like in terms of like how they pulled up like it's all the actors, like it's it is Seth, you know, Seth McFarlane like doing all the voices, and I'm like, it feels like he's phoning it in, Like I like, like I don't think he No, it's definitely him, because he voices like every character in that show.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, like they got him to do it and like, but I'm just like you can tell like he doesn't care, like there's no there feels like there's no energy coming from him at all. It's very it.
Speaker 2: Seem like a big gamer to me, you know, like yeah, like you know he's really I will say singer songwriter album.
Speaker 1: The one bit it had that's like kind of a clever idea, but I don't think they execute it like that well. Is so you know, like Family Guy has like the cutaway gags they do where Peter will be like, oh, like this is like that time I was a football player or something, and then it like cuts through like a random scene of him, you know, doing something. Right. They do that in the game, and when they do it, it's actually like a button mini game, so it'll be like this is like that time that I've found a bunch of jewels in the desert, and then it'll like cut to like you and you have to like tap the button to like dig it up or something, and you're like, Okay, that's actually kind of like a clever idea of like incorporating like a bit from gamifying, a bit from the show. They're just unfortunately like not not that funny or you know, fun, but it's like, Okay, you have like an idea, like that's kind of cool, you know.
Speaker 2: I bet they made that game in like six months we got the license, just get this out out the door.
Speaker 1: So it was it was like, all right, let's let's kind of you know. So I turned that.
Speaker 3: One off after what like the PS two of license games, I mean the PS one PS two most era of licensed game. But I do feel maybe it's nostalgic for us, sure, but there was definitely a specific thing about no, because I don't know, because you think about games like Aladdin, you think about like a certain licensed game. I think about like The Batman and the Adventures of Batman Rob Genesie. Yeah, yeah, that is an outline. Yeah, Like it's like there's license games that are actually pretty fucking good, and there's license games that are that that. But I do feel like the PS two era was like it was a a sort of.
Speaker 1: Moment when they got like way worse.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, I like there's just I don't know, like or at least I think about certain movie game adaptations and shit, well I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think it's like a I mean, same thing happened with the WI right like that we sold like one hundred million units or.
Speaker 2: Whatever, and then they had like entire studios dedicated just making shovel wear. And I feel like that's probably are always bad something similar.
Speaker 1: With But it's like I would say, like, because you know, you think about like the Ness and the Siness era and how like a lot of those games were licensed games. Yeah, but that was more that was interesting because they were like license games. Oftentimes the licenses weren't necessarily like super relevant in the sense that like maybe it was like a big license, but it wasn't like trying to tie in with like a movie like at the time. It wasn't trying to like tie itself to like a specific like release, like oh, we have to have the new Harry Potter game out for the movie in time. Like they were just like we got the license for Wizard of Oz. It's like a Wizard of Oz platformer. Yeah, and so like because of that, like they would mostly be bad, but like some times it would just be like developers being like, hey, we got like a license, so we're able to make this thing's our platform or end of it or like, but it could also give them the freedom to actually make something kind of interesting where I feel like by the PS two era, gaming had moved beyond that where it's like, well, we can make our own game with our own IP and so like all the license ones were truly just like, hey, we just kind of want to capitalize off this thing. Can you just kind of put something together. I feel like that's kind of why they maybe like fell fell off to that degree. Maybe, but one inger to a.
Speaker 4: We're going to just stay on this train of license a game.
Speaker 3: I played several of them, and then you played your favorite TV show vide game adaptation.
Speaker 1: Sopranos Road to Respect. I've never watched the Sopranos, so this was my first ever experience with the Sopranos.
Speaker 4: I have a similar realist story to that. But I want to hear about something.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you want to know about Soprano's Road of Respect? Tell me about lot of Bings? A Lot of Bings. Yeah, there's a uh this is a strip club called bott of Bings. And me and Georgia were like, that's not real, right? Is that really what they called it in the show, A bot of Bings?
Speaker 2: I'm like ninety percent sure it is the best part is you said that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I think we had this conversation and I was like, that's not what they called in the show.
Speaker 3: And I just watched the show. That's not what it's called. And Jake's like it is. I was like, have I gone like three seasons and not fucking notice that the strip club is called a lot of bings?
Speaker 1: I could be wrong. We're not going to look it up because we don't have our phones on this podcast, so I don't look at you play. I'm pretty sure you play a original character. His name is Joey. He's like, hey Joey, go do this for me. Go get me a sandwich. Like literally you have to go like take orders for some sandwiches. It's a long road to respect.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean that makes sense if I wanted to get in the mob, if I if I was in the mob, if I was if I was a gangster it tailian gangster guy, yeah, and I had got the mustache for it, thank you, and I know everyone's order, and I had a young squirt like you come in here. I would definitely be like, you need double espresso.
Speaker 1: And then if it's too air, you'd be like what I'd be like, make me make me a machiato.
Speaker 3: And if I hear the if I hear any other room, if I hear then that milk screaming from the picture, I'd be like, give.
Speaker 1: It some fucking air. What are you fucking doing? Way that set you off today in the office. Oh, I just saw you, like when you were mid conversation, just stopped like an angry father and you just turd. You're like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, hold, I need to defend Max real quick because Max's used to be a barista.
Speaker 1: Cow Max, I know, that's that's my problem. Jump into a conclusion.
Speaker 3: I heard the screeching of a of the air of the milk steam or the steam wand on the expresso machine in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I was like, give her some goddamn air. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: And then Max is like I was cleaning it. There was I was just spring water. And then I felt like the asshole. So you look like the asshole.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the Sopranos game, it makes sense that they would make it go get a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that game is like the epitome of of like the appeal is that, Like it's like I'm in the show because like you're just walking around to places and like it like you're you're barely doing anything in around the shoession, and that'd be great. Yeah, you No, like most of the most of the game that I played and was like, Okay, you're just like in this club and you're like awkwardly walking to people and they're like, no, go over there and talk to that guy. And you're like okay, and you go over there and you talk to him, and then you go over there show. Yeah. Yeah, you're just watching cut scenes and then the combat is like insane because there's like are you like wagon No, there's like a billion different button prompts. But then also like uh, if like two guys get on you, you can't do anything. You get stun locked. Like they'll just they'll like just immediately punch you and then you'll like fall down and then you'll get up and you're like all right, now I can do something, and then like no, the other guy then punches you down and then you die. Although the best thing you can do is you're you. You can fist fight and that's what you're supposed to do. You can also at any point just pull out a gun and just like shoot people, which like really escalates the situation because you'll be like at a party and like some drunk guys just like hey, like I remember you give me an espresso and like ah, like like I fucked your mom or like this is like it says some shit and you're like I'm gonna start some shit and you could just be like pull out a gun and like kill them, which is like crazy. But if you do that, you lose respect points and we all road road to respect, and if you lose too much respect, the game just hard cut stops, and then it plays a full like CG cut scene where Tony Soprano is like on a boat with you and he just like pulls out a gun and your guy's like, just do me a favor, just don't shoot me in the eyes, and then they like and then they fuck like blast you and you fall off the.
Speaker 3: Boat and yeah, yeah, yes, there's like okay, fine, I'm gonna shoot you in the mouth.
Speaker 1: It's just like dumb bullets.
Speaker 3: And you also, I find it funny that you lose respect for using a gun, but then if you lose all your respect, you get shot with a gun.
Speaker 1: You get killed with a gun. Well, the game is also like how to be the Worst Gangster in the World because it has to be a video game, So like, okay, at the beginning of the game, you're like, you're I think it's like Polly is like I need you to beat this guy up. So you beat him up and you end up accidentally killing him and he's like, what the fuck did you do? You gotta go bury the body now, so you so you so you go and bury the body with like your friend who's like clearly just a huge screw up, and as you're like, okay, we gotta like take the body, and like we're in the warehouse a disric who are going to go to the docks and we're gonna dump the body. And it's like, okay, we just gotta dump the body, and then's gonna go wrong, and then like a cop shows up and they're like okay, what are you doing and you're like, ah, fux, you have to like beat the shit out of that cop. And then you're like, okay, now we can go dump the body. And then like a trucker guy comes out and he's like, hey, what are you doing? What's that?
Speaker 3: And then you're like, fuck and you see you got like beat him up too, and it happens like five or six times, so you dump their bodies too. No, you just like leave them alone. And even if you shoot him, well, I just beat him up.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But it's like you're supposed to be like this cool, suave gangster, but like every time you're trying to just dump this one body, like you keep accidentally like running into like twenty people, like creating new problems for yourself, and it's like really funny. Like I don't think it's supposed to be funny, but it feels like like what is It's like looney Tunes or you're like, oh my god, Like you just keep fucking up and you have to like murder everyone now to respect.
Speaker 2: Kind of related, Have you guys ever played The Godfather the video game?
Speaker 1: No, that guy's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like someone who has not revisited that was like a GT Like it's like an open world.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was a little more grounded than G t A at the time. The more moffia, don't you isn't the whole point of the game, Like you do you do the things you do all the things you uh that, like, like, don't you set up the ship that like, for example, you're the guy who puts the gun on the toilet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, I actually I know you're the guy who like puts the horse head and they basically you're the guy who does all the ship that's never shown on cameras, like, yeah, who put the horse out in the bad?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess this guy did. Who put the gun in the toilet? This guy did, this guy did, Like that's a great way to set up remember that guy, that's you. You're that guy, like you did it.
Speaker 2: I remember what I remember the most is because I didn't get to play a lot of like open world games because I don't want to play GTA, so I had to play a lot of knockoffs. And I remember that came out and I got that, And what I remember liking was that there's like a whole extortion mechanic for businesses where you'd like you could go up to any business that you know was open, and you'd go up and like you'd have to like rough them up and extore them, and then they'd get on your payroll and you'd come by and like pick up cash and if they don't give you enough, you'd have to beat them up.
Speaker 1: Sounds pretty right, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was kind of cool, and I remember it came to the Wii as well, which I played a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: But like to extore people, you'd like have to like waggle the drug cars. You won't be choking them and like you'd like move them and you'd like throw them to the side. Well, Jacob's luck would have it. We have like twenty copies of Really Father game in the office. Do we kind of want to play? A bunch of those are in those boxes? Because I was like, we just we have kept fighting them. Do I feel like one?
Speaker 2: I think I do. To be fair, I think the Xbox three sixty. I think it came to three sixty. I think was probably the best one.
Speaker 4: Yes, they want to play the WE one?
Speaker 1: You should play the We one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I think I think having played, I feel like you need to play like the trilogy of these these games, which is Scarface The World Is Yours. Yes, I was going to bring that one up, Godfather the Video game, and and Road to Respect. You know what I love about the Scarface one is their approach for the story is an alternate ending.
Speaker 1: They're like, what if Tony Montana didn't die?
Speaker 3: You know, what if we completely entire point of that film ending?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 3: What if what if we listened to all the bros that put the Scarface poster up on their thing.
Speaker 1: The man respect this guy, that's the guy. What if he was like, yeah, you're right, he's gonna live, and then you're basically gonna repeat the movie again, but this time you win because he just to rebuild his empire. Like that's the movie, it's the game. It's incredible. It's like it's such a dumb fucking like PS two era, just like, yeah, that's that. Of course the second.
Speaker 2: That game was sick because it was an open world game that I was allowed to play and you could.
Speaker 4: Run around with a chance on it you could.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that one was definitely like, let's just make Vice City. It's takes the storyline of Scarface. Yes, this essentially is Scarface the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the Scarface game comes out and becomes a Vice City clone.
Speaker 1: Right, which was I don't know. The way shit works as so bizarre. The you have to admit the studio like saw the money, GT was.
Speaker 3: Well we got everyone, well just copied scarface, so we'll just copy them, but we at least have I mean it.
Speaker 1: Makes sense why like Godfather were like, we have to have a Godfather video game, we have to have a scarface because again it's not like you know, yeah exactly A. No it's not. It's very linear. No, it's not very good. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't recommend that one at all. And I'm being honest. So what about Family Guy?
Speaker 1: What about Family Guy? I wouldn't recommend that one either. Okay, the third game we played was the Shrek video game, and you'd recommend this one. I wouldn't, but Georgia wife would. She had a really fun time. She apparently played that one as a kid. I think that game is fucking weird because it is there is You told me about this game years ago, and we're like, if you ever want to see a weird, weirdo game, maybe, So what's weird? There's okay, there's several things weird about it. First is that he never talks. You don't hear Shrek speak. They don't even get like a bad Michael Myers, Mike Myers, whatever his name is I guy from Halloween. Well that's why he doesn't speak, because they got we got the wrong wrong.
Speaker 3: Fuck's just like throw like did you need to bring your machete with you?
Speaker 1: It's like okay, well here's just say what's the Shrek line? A donkey? Can you say that? Just Mike? Yeah, So that's why he doesn't talk. He doesn't talk. There's no other characters that are from Shrek. There's like fairy tale characters, but like Donkey doesn't show up, like the magic mirror shows up and that's it. And there's also no music like for a weird amount of that game. It's just like quiet except for like the sound effects. And also Shrek moves like it is like ninety miles an hour. He's like full sprinting constantly. He moves like the Doom Guy, just like like fucking like going at it like coked out of his mind. And I'm like, what the fuck is this game? Like it feels like they made a completely different game, and then at the last minute, we're like, guys who got the struck license just like changed the character model was a game at all?
Speaker 3: The voice acting to make it look a little more fairy tale is what the game have been otherwise, do you I don't know, ice skating.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's really it's very strange, like for like a license game loking in and.
Speaker 3: All the actors did all their lines, like the symphony was there to do this part.
Speaker 1: We got a Shrek license, like hey guys, big dudes, today we got shock. It was like holy shit, like yeah, and you're all fired. You're all fired. You can't use anything. And then and then the people left are like, oh, so like we're gonna put like smash Mouth in the game, Like no, we just have the model of Shrek. That's it. Nothing else. And then the game itself is like a Mario sixty four style game where there's like these worldsy going that are like these open areas and you complete like objectives and when you complete one, it like boots you back out and then you have to go back in and do it. So it's like kind of Mario sixty four ish but bad looking. I don't know. My wife loves it. She thinks it's great, and I.
Speaker 4: Just I imagine you're just sitting playing it in silence.
Speaker 1: Oh, she seemed to have a great time. Is like that was the moment where I was like, I'm gonna go play System Shocked too on my computer. But you seem like you're having a good time. You should keep doing that, and she seems very good times, so good for her. Anyway, that was my experience booting up my License Journey. It was actually really fun. I kind of want to just like do it again and grab a bunch of random i mean games from the game library and just kind of pop them in like just just like experiencing it in like a thirty minute dopamine of like you just have fun and then you just go like, all right, well there's like thirty copies of Splat the Paintball game. Yeah, exactly what it's worth.
Speaker 3: Evan Langer, who used to work with us, great wonderful young hands.
Speaker 1: Evan Langers.
Speaker 3: We once used to call him still Calm Truck. He was like we were trying to pilot a show at some point called License to Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of that kind of comp yeah.
Speaker 3: Where every week we would just put on a different license game yeah and try and play it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, Evan, if you're listening, it was a good idea and it should have happened. Yeah, I'm sorry it didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm pretty sure COVID happened.
Speaker 1: That's actually killed it. Me and Joey had a not licensed idea, but we had a similar idea where we were going through the game library and like so many games, how do we choose what to keep him get to rid of? And we're like, oh, we'll like play the game, and then at the end of the at the end of the stream, we would decide if we were going to keep it or not. And I think we did it one time and we played shadow Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is like a big cult game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we kept that one. We were like, let's keep it. Yeah cool. Yeah, And then Joey ordered fifty copies of Deal.
Speaker 2: And No Deal and the Nintendo DS, which we also did the live stream for and that was fun.
Speaker 3: Which I've also gifted back many of those to jokes. That's true, we did over a period of time.
Speaker 1: I also think, who did I give Did I give jan some chance? I give you some deal? Or no deal? No chance? Shake? We're you just holding onto him, just try to keep him secret. I don't believe him.
Speaker 3: You want that, Howie Mandel Harvey Kaidel guy, Yeah, yeah, all right, all right, everyone well.
Speaker 1: I think that's uh about a podcast. Yeah, that's about chicken. What what I was yawning?
Speaker 4: There's supposed to be a setup. I'm gonna say what we're he's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, chicken ship. I don't know what you're doing. You know, I'm looking. I don't know.
Speaker 4: When I say chicken, you think noodle.
Speaker 1: Do you know this?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: The chances in the past, like fucking my podcast talking about this.
Speaker 2: After these podcasts, I forget everything that I've said. That's how you got me with this thing, because I just.
Speaker 1: Chicken little, Oh, chicken bake, chicken bake. I don't know what you're doing. All right, it's enough egg. What else is there? I'm done, it's ruined. I'm not gonna explain it, all right, everyone, that's a podcast.
Speaker 4: I never listened to previous episodes and got to the very end. There's a thing that's come up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna chicken enchilada, lasagna, Ere we go. That's it. Hey, and that's a podcast. Happy Friday, everyone, enjoy your weekend and we'll see you one next time. Bota being bought a boom, Give me a God damn espresso.