Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up Yay. I'm excited tonight. I hope all of you are as well. I have my regular co host, mister Smoking Jeremy be. How are you tonight, Jeremy.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic. I got football playing on the phone and talking football and many other things with you three.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. And then Ralph is joining us our normal guests on the show here. Ralph, how are you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm doing real well.
Speaker 4: Met with the radio people today for the new station to put the uh for the return of Sports Corner Radio October five.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. And then Scott the MotorCity Madmouth is gracing us with his presence tonight as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Scotty. Good to be back on with all of y'all. It's pretty interesting stuff. I'm wearing the Lions. I was looking to stick it to Leo Haggerty, but he didn't want to face them pull the USF poll, so you know, it is what it is. But I'm not showing any fan hood. This team got me to four super Bowls with some great pr people, so I had to be on talking with y'all and just chilling. No paper, no pen, no none of that business.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome. I'm gonna quick go to the chat room because we've had some people already chatting. They wanted us to get the show on the road. Miami at one point was seven to seven. I don't think that's the score anymore. Josh and the guys are here. We appreciate Josh and the guys being here. Hawk to what's up, Patty. No, the show was not canceled, Joshua. We just started a little late. And External Bum. Yes, this is part of the cast for External Bum on Saturdays cast.
Speaker 3: If Leo would have showed up, fine.
Speaker 1: Full cast plus one, because I'm normally not on that.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, exactly.
Speaker 1: So let's just say I'm a prettier version of Leo way from here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Right now, Leo's in a pretty good doghouse and Jeremy and.
Speaker 3: Ralph Scott's doghouse. That's what you want to know.
Speaker 5: He did a good boy good Josh Day's not a fan of Josh and the guys.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. When you start asking if a reporter is going to play in the game, I'm done.
Speaker 5: Well. Josh was volunteering or playing these games and just wait for him to go ahead and put on the cleats and dye. Is that what he said?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: If a reporter is going to play in.
Speaker 2: The game, I don't know who he is. I never heard of him. That's why I don't know who Jordan Abilapia is. It could be Southern Alabama. I don't care.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, it could be Afghanistan with that last name too, how do I know?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, word Jeremy. Okay. So we're going to talk. Some records were set, and what I want to talk about is the viewership for college and NFL games for this past weekend. That now we're going to start in the college realm of things, and I'm gonna preface it by saying that it does not include any of the games that were on the sec ACC or Longhorn network because they don't pay to have the viewers ship Nielsen viewership numbers. So any guesses, and I'm sure you all three could probably guess. Scott, can you guess what the number one viewership college game was this weekend?
Speaker 3: I follow that stuff all around in Nebraska.
Speaker 1: That's a good guess, Ralph, that would be number two.
Speaker 5: Six. I would think Texas and Michigan's got to be. I mean teams here that aren'tdoubtedly the winningest programs in college football. They don't play very often. It just so happens that they got marooned out.
Speaker 1: Nine point three five million watched the Texas.
Speaker 5: And I recorded it, so it's a four and a half hour delete on the DVR because I know it got ugly. At least.
Speaker 1: I want to guess what the third ranked game college.
Speaker 3: Game was probably Notre Dame wrecked.
Speaker 1: To see Northern Illinois beat them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what, Northern Illinois not no team to mess with. They're in the MAC Conference and they win every year and they go to a bowl game too, so they're like the powerhouse and the MAC Conference.
Speaker 5: Well they're in mine. Northern Illinois got one point four million dollars to beat the Irids, so yeah, not a bad payout.
Speaker 2: On top of that. You know, it just grows to show you. I've said it for years, Notre Shame. Always he loses to somebody they shouldn't, which is why they're overrated in the top ten every year. If they didn't have that NBC money coming in, they wouldn't be rated that. Uh.
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 5: Well, to be realistically, honestly, if they had any sense at all, he should have joined the Big Ten. But they can't play real competition at all. That's why they stay independent with partial ACC. The reason why they into the ACC is they knew that that conference wasn't ass strong as a Big Ten. Let's get real here, folks. Notre Dame doesn't want to play anybody with any substance. They just don't want to do it. And as a result, when you do that, you can stay with the ACC. Sure the basketball is good too, but come on, not a shade I like that.
Speaker 1: Actually, Notre Dame is the Dallas Cowboys of college football pretty much.
Speaker 2: That's a very good analogy. Actually they both haven't won anything since the nineties.
Speaker 5: Well that too, But when you talk about the history and the lore of the two per se, you know, we talked about was it Rudy for and you know the Rudy theme number one? And what was the other one? I'm drawing a blank here, you know, but that's just new Rocky is who I'm thankfully I was able to go ahead. But then, well, like I said, that's when they were good. Of course, bear in mind Dan Devine got a dog shot when he was in Green Bay, but he ended up winning a national championship with Notre Dame. You know, you know, and Dallas well, you know what, Jimmy Johnson's not there to get Jerry Jones another miracle in a herschel Walker trade. I think teams are a lot smarter than that, you know.
Speaker 2: I want to address Robert Woodell there said not looking good though to two picks. Buffalo up by ten. It's my one point game, so not a big total loss. Yet if they didn't have a front seven by Mattel and a secondary by Fitcher Body, I'd agree with you. I had I had Buffalo winning this game because Josh Allen is eleven and one versus Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Whether it's two or not, Yeah, but I had Miami winning it, believe it or not. There's number one. They play awfully good in September or October, then they lay an egg later on. And I think that because of the fact that Buffalo lost a lot of receivers, you would have thought Miami had a bit of an adge with Tyreek Hill and Chalaen Wontelle. But shame on me. I'm not in the business predict games, but there was a feeling that maybe Miami could pull it out. Maybe they can, but right now it's not looking good for the Fish.
Speaker 2: For one half of a couple of games, it looked like I only picked two snoozers and the one, the one I said was the lock of the week, and I got egg on my face. The Bengals proved to me that even the worst roster in football can beat them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, So let's transition from the college viewership to the NFL viewership. For Week one, the average twenty one million viewers, at a twelve percent increase. One hundred and twenty three million viewers viewed at least part of one game.
Speaker 2: This weekend, Baltimore versus Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Which one was the most. Yes, twenty nine point two million viewers watched.
Speaker 3: That's because of the Swifties, right.
Speaker 2: I was going to say they had that fourteen to twenty four year old girl age group watching, Yes, just going on to him and to hear them say her name twenty seven times in the broadcast.
Speaker 1: So the next one of the other games, the Sunday night football game, the Lions versus the Rams twenty two point seven million.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: And for Tom Brady's opening analytic.
Speaker 3: I was going to say he had to be somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: Open twenty three point nine three calling Dallas versus Cleveland. Wow, and to bring in what I would call the bottom, but it's not really fair to be the bottom. For the Friday night game Philadelphia against green Bay, it was fourteen million people watching that on Peacock and the couple of NBC affiliates for Milwaukee, Green Bay and Philadelphia. It is the second most live, most watched live event for Peacock, only Shy of the playoffs last year when Kansas City played Miami.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joshua Door has a question for Ralph.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what, let me before you bring in Joshua Door's question. No, unfair of mind. Peacock's relatively new too, so you know therefore, right, so it is relatively new and it is dreaming. But you know what, so we'll give them a little time before we beat up on the Peacock. Go ahead. I've been waiting for Joshua Door to ask Ralph this, So there you go, Ralph, you better be in your quickest thinking behavior with this guy.
Speaker 1: So question for Ralph, what is the difference between an external and an internal boom?
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say this.
Speaker 4: Scott was part of the show at the beginning when we started it on block talk Radio. Scott was part of it with Bruce Kessinger. Well, Bruce Kessinger had surgery, got sick, couldn't do the show, and Mark Mansen he asked me to pick it up.
Speaker 3: And I picked the show up.
Speaker 4: And I ran with it, and now we moved it to I had my own block talk radio channel. We moved it to that and then I got disgusted last year when it kept shutting down, So Scott recommended, why don't we just put it on social media?
Speaker 3: I see, you know what, that's a great idea.
Speaker 4: I canceled my membership with block talk radio and we're on social media. And that's the story of that. That was the name of the show when I picked it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now bear in mind I worked with Bruce Kessinger for the better part of your reason. Why we tad guys because it's clown here And I wouldn't mind telling mcclown because he is all right. I number one when I did the show, with him. I was like, I had to do it myself. And the favorite word I was going to get out of him indeed, indeed, you got like, okay, you even know, don't worry about Gosha door. You don't want to know. And I'll tell you that I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: Who he is.
Speaker 5: You don't want to know. But that's beside the point. This guy got a little nervous because Candy and I are covering the Rolex twenty four. I got knocked off the air a little bit because what people have to understand is that number that the Daytona five hundred. You have better internet connection, but when you're going to the role X twenty four, you got the international connection, and I'm going to tell you it does a lot of havoc. And when Bruce thought there was so much loud stuff in the background, what do you expect from when you have cars in the background and you have all this internet? Yeah, what's going on? So you know what, he falls into the old sergeant Schultz category. I know nothing, And let me tell you, with no disrespected guy, he didn't know anything, and everything was I had to carry the whole show. And I told Ralph don't worry about noise problem. If I'm covering an event, deal with it, you know, Ralph obviously you know, Hey, you know, I'm glad that you're out there covering the event. You know, you make a lot out of nothing. And I had been with them a long time. We weren't growing on my end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark made a lot out of it too. He was the one with an hour. Okay, I'm off the shot and make a noise. Well I need that on here said.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's okay. It doesn't make any difference. I mean, well, he makes noise, but the problem is has got no social media to back it up. So in my opinion, he says, yeah, this guy. And again it's not about criticizing finding more external or internal bumps here. The reality of the situation. I had already reached a point where I was already going to do Saturday programming to begin with. So it's not like I wasn't thinking ahead where I could utilize. We have so many different shows on our network, right Jeremy and Ralph, that I can plug anything in whenever I need to. And for Candy and I, we use weekends to cover events, and you know what, maybe in a little show. Candy could go over some of your big things you've done, because you've got some pretty good stuff on there. I think the audience definitely know about.
Speaker 2: So my idea of an external bum and an internal bum. An external bum is someone you can call it bum because he acts like one. The internal bum is me on my day off when I'm lazy and don't do shit but watch TV.
Speaker 3: Bruce's has comeback, says josh Well, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you know, well, Joshua has been hanging around me long enough to know that if I had certain things to say. It's not like I'm deliberately looking to throw anybody under the bus. But Candy was with me the whole time, and she'll tell you that. You know what, how many times did I have to go out there and carry the show on my back? And and what makes Mark man? And there you go, Yeah, so what makes Mark manc The interesting is, well, we were doing it with the three of us. We were doing good, but Mark enjoyed myself and Bruce. So market sit behind the desk and do nothing account numbers to begin with, And all of a sudden, I'm carrying this guy that is I'm going to call him colonel. I'm going to call him Sergeant Schultzer. We'll leave it at that, okay for my Hogan's hero fans and go from there because I know Katy has more worthwhile things to talk about that. But Joshua Door, you know, I'll give you more specifics when we do our FaceTime calls all ten of them a day or five on a good day.
Speaker 1: So you guys know, I introduced that new segment last week. Did you know? And I'm not going to ask the question this time because you guys probably might know the answer, So I'm just going to give this to you though. But did you know that the NFL set a record? Yes last week? And it happened to be a good person from Wisconsin, of all places. His hometown is fond of Lac, Wisconsin. He made he was the youngest NFL player to gain at least one yard in a game and he played for Wisconsin. He's coming out of Wisconsin. It is none other than mister Braylon Allen, who made NFL history as the youngest player in the Super Bowl era at twenty years old. He gained a couple of yards this last weekend.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Congratulations Braylin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with all the transfer portal stuff going on right now, peep, and kids staying in for six years and all that, it's twenty four years old by the time they get out.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. So I just wanted to bring that to you guys' attention that that was one of those did you know moments?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'll give you another did you know? Via Joshua Door. Okay, I bet my life savings under dolphin. You know, you can read it and for those of you that want to hear it, it's a word that starts with AF and you can fill in the planks. Feels embarrassing, Miami, Well.
Speaker 2: Can acronymic for you with other words to for you?
Speaker 5: Please do?
Speaker 2: He says, I'm four unlawful Colonel knowledge.
Speaker 5: I like that that. Yeah, just like Candy, you know, with her name every boy loves and tell it to nice girls. And I got her, so we out of that. Mantage all. Joshua Dor doing a nice job tonight, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: God, he's Sometimes you have to mentor people in the chat room to be back.
Speaker 2: Number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, Joshua Dorr, I like this comment. Put this one up there, Okay, this is all right, this is we'll go with this. Dolphins are the only soft Florida team that can sucking solo game. Well, come on, Joshua dor let me. I can tell you that number one football is a big draw in these parts, especially on the pro level. Miami Hurricanes. Let me tell you anywhere else but Miami would probably put seventy five hundred thousand in a s.
Speaker 1: Do we know if it's a sellout?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sure they did. Yeah, the Dolphins always sell out. They kind of waiting with Andy.
Speaker 3: You mean for Miami games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for the Dolphins they got Wow.
Speaker 1: NFL normally sells out. But I can tell you that wasn't it. I think who's the team?
Speaker 5: Well, josh I had everything to do with it. You only have seven eight games a year at home now at least eight. So yeah, the NFL is in a high volume ticket like baseball. You know, it's hard, so you're gonna every day. Was an event that I.
Speaker 1: Can tell you. I can tell you that the I think it's the Packers have actually seats available because the opposing team didn't use all of theirs and sent them back, So you never know that if the Bills used all of the tickets or not.
Speaker 5: Well, judging judging by my history with it, I'm sure that game is sold out anyway. You remember, you can also sell them on the streets too, so there's always people that will buy them on the secondary market.
Speaker 2: That's what it is is scalpers buy twenty percent of the tickets. That way, there's not a single team blacked out in any city anymore. And they turn around and sell them and they try to mark them up at a higher value, and if they don't sell out right away, then they knock them down to below seat pricing just to get rid of them about five days before the game. That's how it works.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, the Denver Broncos charging their fans double because Russell Wilson was supposed to play. Now he may not play it playing this game, and now all the fans are crying now because you know.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it's amazing how guys say that, because on last night's edition of the Sports Exchange, the carolin A game against Saint Say here goes to Chargers, you get twenty five dollars for the lowest suit seat rather or on the other hand, the Dallas and New Orleans game twenty five hundred and fifty six dollars as well. So so you're talking about a difference. Of course, I don't know many people are watching the Carolina Panthers these days. You know, you can change coaches, but regardless of that, you still have to have some sort of talent.
Speaker 4: Hey, how about the Chicago White Sox. Thirty seven people showed up for that one game.
Speaker 5: We'll give me a break. Well, if you've lost that many times, you know it's you can understand why.
Speaker 2: Newsflash, the nosebleed seats for the Panthers stadium after they lost as bad as they did to New Orleans are on sale at twenty two cents apiece after bees.
Speaker 5: Why do I know that Joshua Door was gonna mention and I set this guy up for this one? Only Panthers that matter from Florida?
Speaker 3: Duh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right. I mean, but see, I know this guy well enough from setting him up to make a comment like that. At least I will say it was clean coach bad, so I can afford to see the liones.
Speaker 2: And all right, Well amen, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's keep it going. I love the momentum of the chat room. Any way Ruskin never never mind, I'm not reading.
Speaker 3: His no is not playing.
Speaker 5: I'll take this.
Speaker 4: One of our stupid conditioning coach who made him push a sled.
Speaker 2: H The views and opinions of Jeremy Baldrick Jr. One of the best troll accounts I've ever seen, by the way, with does not reflect that of the South Florida Tribute kneecapt biting with the MotorCity Lions, or I smoking Jeremy b with our safety deaths being so bad, I say saying teez tayboard to a four year deal. Oh even Candy shaking her head on that one. You like my little disclaimer I got to give every time I see him in the chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well you're.
Speaker 5: Getting better at this broadcasting thing, Baulrick. You only do a million shows a week. My voice doesn't hold out that long. I'm spread out, to be honest with you. I've got this hockey show that we're bringing on it's really taking off really well. On Monday, and then we have a meeting with this guy, Rod Peters, and you talk about an incredible asset. This guy is unbelievable and it's hard to pick up ground here inside the picts and we all know who's been strong in baseball. And now I'm working on a lot of other projects as well on top of what we do in the field. And I'm going to tell you something. You know, it isn't for me. It's just not all broadcast anymore. And again I've told you guys many many times it comes twenty five my targets public speaking. But yeah, you know, I mean Joshua Toor obviously is a big fan of Rod Peters, and Rogers is a good guy and he knows his stuff too. So Scott was the most memorable sporting of you covered in person. Oh, Patty, that is a loaded question.
Speaker 2: Seriously, haven't you been to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: I've been to four Super Bowls, Patty. Let me tell you what I saw Miami Florida game forty years ago that was decided in the final seconds. But you know what I'm going to take away from all those the one that to me, the one I could talk about the final game at Tiger Stateium. But you know what, I'm going to give you one that most people probably wouldn't think of. I saw the Detroit Lions play the Super Bowl champion Dallas Cowboys, at Texas Stadium. Okay, and the Lions won the game in overtime, and the Dallas Cowboys, Patty, were so classy that they gave us the media an opportunity to go into field like ten twelve minutes before the game in the fourth quarter. Now think about it. Okay, the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are on that field, which is kind of nice. They look pretty good, especially when you're next to them. Okay, and the Lions and the Cowboys are playing a very close game, which by the way, it's Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. And then we have fifteen minutes of overtime and the Lions with it and overtime with a few seconds left. So I guess, Patty, to answer your question above and beyond my Super Bowls, I'm going to have to say the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys when the Cowboys are the defending Super Bowl camps at Texas Stadium. To me, it was just unbelievable. But you know what, that's a good opportunity, though, Patty, for me to let people know that. If you want to find out what else I have, just pull out that bad boy. Here a lesson from the microphone tuning into the enduring wisdom of visionary leaders that I have a lot more of that information there that you can get on Amazon, Kindle and Barnes and Noble. Old school media versus news school media is what it is, and everybody on this panel has one, and I point out a lot of them. You know, I love motorsports, I love cover roll at twenty four was a lot of fun. But Super Bowl so well, that's a great question, Patty, And thanks for allowing me to go out there and share that Cowboys, Lions as well as some of the other ones as well. Great stop, Patty.
Speaker 2: Nobody can ask me that question because I've only ever attended one event as a as a part of the NFL media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well was a bad one. You cover the NFL Draft, don't worry about.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just saying it was pretty freaking big to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, you remind me of any Stinky, the former Texas Rangers manager that nobody knows about. You know what he was one to oh as a manager for the Texas Rangers, and you know what he was want to know and you're one to know in the media. We tried to do so with Saginaw Valley State University. But unfortunately the pr was awful. So that's okay, you're better staying at the pros anyways.
Speaker 2: I mean, so they were about as good as responding to me as the Panthers were escoring touchdowns versus the New Orleans Saints last week.
Speaker 5: Well, there you go. That's a very clean analogy. But Patty, thank you so much for asking the question. You're welcome because you know, anytime I can go ahead and talk about this kind of stuff, that's what live sports is all about.
Speaker 2: They are x J's in the chat. He follows everybody a boy does.
Speaker 5: All right, Candy, don't mean to be stealing your thunder for the second straight week.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 5: If I get a book, will Jeremy do the audio book for me?
Speaker 2: I could do that. I'm good at reading, Patty, Patty, he likes my voice, you know. He That's why he's been watching me for the entire three three years I've been doing podcasting overall, he's followed me from one to the other. Who's that Patty Grimes?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, cool, cool, And I.
Speaker 2: Want to make you clarify it's a guy.
Speaker 5: Look, I know that's fine, fair enough. I mean, you know, you know, I've had a few people. I have one person at my toast Mansters group that's interested. I haven't seen the woman in two weeks, and if I have to do AI on this one, I will. But and I'm holding out just a little longer and we'll see what's what. There will be an audiobook for Lessons from the Microphone, because there's a large demand for it. I'm just trying to get this thing button up and already have a couple of people that I'm already looking at. Her name is deb Whitcast of The Blonde Blitz, who's really interested in doing the second book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so she is the co host with Nikki Guest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Devi and I are. We become good friends. So she you know, she she's a leading candidate to do the second All right, Candy, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, what was your favorite game of the last week, college or pro?
Speaker 2: I'll even start with this one. My favorite one was Green Bay versus Philly, and it wasn't because of the bad part of it. I understand they were on a soccer field and hopefully they've learned their lesson and maybe they'll test the fields better next time or wear soccer leads for football players instead just a thought. But it overall was a great game. There was great defensive plays by both teams. Both teams struggled to tackle at times. That's why you've seen the running backs run all over the place, and some of the wide receivers had big days. But overall that was my favorite game of the week. The outcome made me pretty happy too.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I'm sure it did. I'm sure it did. It put us behind you guys and standings, But.
Speaker 5: All right, gotcha, what was your question again? I'm sure we answer. I don't know, Scott, have.
Speaker 2: You ever been to an SCF game?
Speaker 3: What? I don't know? What s c up?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 3: He meant uc F Southern Central Florida maybe or something.
Speaker 5: Who knows, and he's referring to Central Florida. I've seen him play a couple of times, just not over at that stadium that they call. Oh, Stanley Cup Finals came out. Yeah, I've been to a Stanley Cup Finals game before.
Speaker 2: Okay. Robert Wardell asked me why is my background blue and black? Because the division is the black and Blue division and the gray just didn't quite fit right. It was more of a Dallas type of gray than the Lions bright silver. So I went with the black because black is actually the third color for the Lions color scheme in their uniforms and has been since the eighties.
Speaker 1: So, Scott, what was your favorite game?
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm always be partial to what I'm doing. I just love going to Miami games because I'm so engrossed to know what I'm doing against Florida A and M. And I'll tell you I was a good game, though in a sense it was certainly a one sided affair. I get that. But there was a quarterback by the name of Daniel Richardson, who's a transfer from FAU that went up to Florida A and M. And Mario Cristobal was impressed with this guy like you wouldn't believe, even though it was a lopsided score. This kid has some tools. I'm going to tell you something, Jeremy now that you've got to draft in your back pocket this type of kid here. You know one thing I've enjoyed about college more so than pros lately, And not only are we allowed to get a lot more material on the air, but I think it's just for me it's a lot more relaxing that you can just go out there and watch prospects okay that ultimately go on Sundays, and for many people that realized that many years ago. I used to cover minor league baseball. Then it was fun watching guys progress, you know, until they reached the top. So I'm gonna say leave it or out Florida A and M and Miami forget to score. Okay, Miami got their signature win in Week one. This time they had an opportunity to beat Florida A and M. And I knew they would and they used a lot of players. But this Daniel Richards, and you watch out, folks. This guy here will go out there and be a good pro one day. In terms of the most satisfying victory, I liked it when North Northern Illinois beat Notre Dame and he got one point four million dollars doing it.
Speaker 1: Ralph, what was the game that you liked the most this past weekend?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not trying to be a home or nothing, but I like the Pitt Cincinnati game. It was down twenty seven to six, they came back and won twenty eight twenty seven.
Speaker 3: At the tail end.
Speaker 4: Of the fourth quarter, and it was nice to see freshman Eli holm Horstein do what he was doing. And it's nice to see our new offensive coordinator k Bells go offense now huddle all the time.
Speaker 1: So Joshua has a question for Robert in the chat. What's the best game you've covered? Robert, So, I think anytime you see a game in person, I think you have a it definitely has a different feel to it than you watching one on TV. So, Scott, I'll have to agree with you on the field, taking pictures of a foot at a football game of the teams also always gives me a little, uh, a little excitement there never So, Joshua, your answer from Robert has never covered a game, but best game been to was Hawks beating Dallas. Romo choked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he really has in more ways than one. I wonder how many toatures that wrote Tony Romo has worn out? Think about it?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So what game are we most looking forward to this week?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I'm going to tell you like I've said before, I mean I'm looking forward to watching Miami and ball State. I really am. I want to see if they can take care of an opponent that they have to be USF is not a team a week later that's going to be a slops or not. Alex Golish is doing a good job up in Tampa, and I had a chance to meet him during the Bowl game when they hammered Sarah US and my child. USF is an up and coming program. I've had some people ask me, how do you feel about going to a game where you're playing your alma mater on the enemy side. Well, I can easily answer that one because I had asked Adam Lichtenstein, my college league, who had to deal with the same thing in the opening week, and that was this. He's a Dator alumnus, and just watch his team get smoked. He says to me, Well, they haven't been good in the last three years, and now I'm covering Miami. So you know, you just have to live with the fact that you're working with a particular team and they allow you to do what you have to do. But no, don't get me wrong. I guess the easiest response is for me in the USF game. I know I can't lose my Homa maher or the team I'm working with, but yeah, I'll just say Miami and Ball State for all intense purposes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, what game are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: I hate to be a homer, but the backyard bra West Virginia versus pitt It's at for Sure Stadium here in Perk It's sold out, and you know, that's what I'm looking forward to. And I'm interested to see Penn State versus Kent State because Penn State had to pull it out against Bowling Green last week in the final seconds there and they almost got I'm interested to see what they do against Kent State.
Speaker 3: That's two games I'm looking at basically.
Speaker 1: And Jeremy, what are you looking forward to? Which game this week are you looking forward to?
Speaker 2: Do I really need to say it. I'm gonna go ahead and throw my factoid out and everything. And the last four times in the NFL that somebody had a rematch against back to back playoff teams they faced in the previous year, they go on to face the Super Bowl. I'm looking forward to rematch number two. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers come in to Detroit to get their ass handed to them again.
Speaker 5: There, you know, Jeremy, you're lucky you're not on SCC because slapped you with a ten thousand dollars five brother. Let me tell you that because they don't like those particular words at the SEC. You're just lucky that you have you have a country club and how you communicate because.
Speaker 2: I it, I didn't even think about it. It just float off the tuget.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you know you're going to relax mole where you're drinking coffee and said, I'm out to do but you're really not the CEC there. Well see I can stick it to you too, because it's her show. Doesn't mean diddly in this situation. This is called a teaching moment. Okay, apologized, no, no, and I'm just I'm making light of the whole thing. Now, SCC prot that stuff.
Speaker 2: You mean f CC, the ones that do all the.
Speaker 5: Federal communication, federal communication.
Speaker 2: You should listen to Detroit radio lately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can only imagine. Yeah, and all those.
Speaker 2: Guys when they have something bad happen, they drop more a S and yeah, I've.
Speaker 5: Worked for I've heard about Mike Valente. I really have. It's not like I don't hear from people in Michigan, Jeremy.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Even regular radio stations you're you're The profanity thing isn't quite as taboo as it used to be with the FCC.
Speaker 3: How much talking?
Speaker 2: Do I drink it about it? Pot?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Patty Grains. I like where you're going with Alabama versus Wisconsin. I think that should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's gonna be a really good look.
Speaker 1: So can I put a little bit more onto that one. BW hasn't hosted an SEC opponent at Camp Randalls since nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: BW has faced just three top ten non conference opponents at home in the last fifty years. The latest was Miami back in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: That was a while ago.
Speaker 1: That was a while ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that means that Alabama was going to go into an earthquake in Wisconsin called the jump Around. It had me rattled up their nine million floors of pub If you've ever been to the Jumper round it something else. I mean, I'm going toletely ball listed, like, what is going on here?
Speaker 2: Do you mind if I explained to Josh because he asked, what's up?
Speaker 3: Pick'em's?
Speaker 1: So give me just one second. I want to say one more thing about the UW and UA. They've met twice in history. The two schools squared off back in twenty fifteen season opener, a thirty five to seventeen win for the Tide in Dallas. If you remember beyond that, you'd have to go back to nineteen twenty eight when the Badgers held Serve at home with a fifteen to zero shutout.
Speaker 2: Okay, Also, they're one in one versus each other, correct, So this is this is the rubber match game to say who gets the bragging rights for the next century.
Speaker 5: Yeah, doesn't it? Yeah, it doesn't. It save that way when you don't play when you play each other. So in frequent however, I will say this though, with the college Football Playoff and the twelve teams, you could see senies little bit more often.
Speaker 2: I know, I was just making a joke about how long it's been since they played each other.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I know where you are. But now I'm just putting in reality. So, Joshua Dor, I'm a big coffee type of person. I drink more coffee than Scott drink Mountain dew boy. I'll tell you one thing, man, I can only wonder what your kid he's in Bledder are like.
Speaker 2: So the pick'em's. Every week they put out a printable sheet online through Google, Wherever, Safari, whatever, and it has a list of all the games for whatever league there is with the boxes next to each team, and you're able to select who wins. Some of them are against the point spread. Those ones usually you got to pay to play, but there's free ones that you do for fun, and you could make it like an office pool thing where like, hey, everybody, let's put five bucks in. Whoever wins buys lunch, you know whatever, or everybody buys them lunch that day. So I I, so far, since I started podcasting, had been doing the pick'ems of every NFL game every week. I just did the math, and I'm sitting at sixty eight percent correct over three seasons.
Speaker 5: Interesting, all right, Now, Patty Grimes, pray for snow in Wisconsin for the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's supposed to be eighty five here in Wisconsin and Michigan on Saturday. I don't think we're going to get snow.
Speaker 5: And then I don't know who your higher authority is, Patty, but you better pray, and we better pray really hard, because you know, to me, if I recall correctly, this is September for a little while longer, and oh, thank.
Speaker 2: You it is.
Speaker 1: It is okay guys my town, Sure, okay, Ralph, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 4: Well, despite having a fire in my apartment building last week, which was great, God helped. God bless me for that and my family. Other than that, I had to take my van to the dealer cost me one thousand dollars. So you know, it's been a rough couple a few weeks here, but that's I've been able to survive it, which is a great thing. My wife is now sick, she's got arthritis in her neck. I had to take her to the hospital yesterday. So I've been running all over the place with a whole bunch of stuff and then getting a radio show going too. But anyway, my time here, I want to know who the Einstein was in city planning for the city of Pittsburgh, who planned the Pirates to play at the same day that the backyard brawl was going on, And somebody couldn't call Major League Baseball or something and say, hey, we need to move his game somewhere.
Speaker 3: So now we're going to have a cluster screw over on the North Shore with the.
Speaker 4: Stadiums in the same area of parking and getting in and out and everything else.
Speaker 3: So that's going to be my bum on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Anyways, the city planning of the city of Pittsburgh, and you know, these games here together at the same time going on. One time we had a marathon, we had a Penguin playoff game and a Pirate game going on all at the same time. So you know, that kind of stuff bothers me. We don't have the infrastructure for all those kind of folks like that. And if there's a natural disaster and some what we got to get out of town, it's going to be difficult and it's going to be hard, and you know that's what's going on there. But anyway, Russell Wilson will not play as a calf injury for the Steelers against Denver. I'm sad to hear about that because I wanted to see him play against his old team and beat him. Also, Patrick Queen, who we spent some money on to bring in, has a growin injury, and Dan Opendoor Moore, our left tackle, has a ankle injury, and Roderick Jones will be playing in his spot this week for the Steelers.
Speaker 3: The Pirates.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, Paul Skins looks like he keeps on moving along. Andrew McCutcheon has a ten game hitting streak, and other than that, that's.
Speaker 2: It for me, Okay, Jeremy, Well, as far as everything around here, the only thing that I really have to report with Detroit is the Tigers are only three and a half games out of a playoff spot.
Speaker 5: Who knew?
Speaker 2: I mean, they still continue to win. They didn't win today, but they're they're continuing these winning ways. They are twenty and eight since last month, twenty and eight. Who'd have thought we'd be saying that about the Tigers as bad as they were at the All starbrek. I'm shocked at these guys. And as far as any Lions news I have, the only thing I have is James Houston has yet to dress for practice, so don't expect them to dress for the game, so he'll it will probably see Isaac Luku where one of the other defensive guys come off and last but not least. I don't know if you guys saw it, because since it was mentioned, I'll mention it. The two pack becomes the six pack next year because they added four teams out of the Mountain West Conference, Boise State, Colorado State. I know there's another one.
Speaker 5: Well here, I'll tell you I have heard about it. Got Fresno State, you have Boise State, you have Colorado State, and you have San Diegoo. So let me ask you a question out that you brought that up. Okay, I know they could go as many or four if they want, But who do you think the next two teams should be.
Speaker 2: To be added to the PAC twelve?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, I think they're going to stick to either the WHACK or the Mountain West Conference like that and get another guy like that. But I think they pretty much got the four best teams out of that conference with who they just added.
Speaker 5: Gave me two. I don't want the old strong long.
Speaker 2: I think Col's gonna come back from the ACC because they have no shot to win with all the traveling in the ACC. Because the top end of that team, you know, Syracuse, Clemson and all those guys, the ones at the top, they're gonna beat up on CAL with that travel time. So I think CAL might come back and the other one, yeah, they might as well absorb Hawaii.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I'll give you my two, and then I'll give you my other stuff in a moment. If everything goes like they should go right now, I would take Nevada and UNLV and that keeps the travel sensibly and you own the state of Nevada. Now Hawaii would make sense, and New Mexico would be another one that.
Speaker 2: Would make sense. Yep, I agree with that. All of those. They might even absorb all of them that before it, well.
Speaker 5: I told you too, and as many as four and that's why what that? Right now, we have a PAC twelve that has nothing more with state at the end of every school so we have six literally at the end of it.
Speaker 1: Strange and Scott, before you go to your mice town, Joshua, how many games are out of a playoff spot of the Marlins? They have officially been eliminated. They are thirty four games back, so but they've officially been eliminated, so they can't.
Speaker 2: So with being that far back, does that mean they officially hit Chicago White Sox status this year?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Well, I will go that one. No, But I'm telling you what, I've got a lot of compege. Say what you want about them, but I'm planning to come back with my fifth year covering the next year, and I have a very aggressive agenda what I'm looking to do with the Marlins. I've already made some plans with the pr people what my intentions are, and they're gonna do anything they can. I've covered baseball, played it, so baseball is in my blood, no matter where the stadiums are at.
Speaker 1: So technically, the Marlins are twenty six games back of a wild card spot. They are thirty four games back of the division. If you want to look at the White Sox, they are fifty one and a half games back of their division and forty five and a half games back of the wild card.
Speaker 4: They're doing what they're doing in bed is Oakland as used to do? M hm, Oh, I'm sorry to Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Is I like where Patty grinds Head is at there? New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, Hawaii and Nevada.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But you know what if Kenny, if you're going to do that, what I might suggest you do is play UTAP in there, because UTAP is a natural rivalry of New Mexico State and last Christmas than you. I know, because I've been out that part of the Country's only forty five minutes away. UTAP and New Mexico State have a little bit of a rivalry, isn't.
Speaker 2: There why they took San Diego State and Fresno State because that's a rivalry.
Speaker 5: I don't think so much that I think, Jeremy, that's more of a territorial. You want northern California with Fresno State, then you want southern California san Diego State, where geographically it makes sense. And not only that, San Diego State football team has a brand new stadium and their basketball team is pretty strong too.
Speaker 2: So I think money the city was giving the Chargers that left and they said, hey, we can make your stadium better and they.
Speaker 5: Were like, yeah, well it's only thirty five thousand. We can get in the Charger situation another time. But because that's that's there's a lot more to go with them there, according to my sources. So but no, I think the teams that we've spoken about are definitely a legitimate Patty, you're right there. All you need to do is add you tip.
Speaker 3: To that list.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scott, you're my tone.
Speaker 5: Well that's easy. Number one. Skip Schumacher's land managing his last so many games and I don't know where he's going to land, but he'll be done at the end of the year. The Marlins and him decided to take that contract and avoid the final year of it. Miami Heat leader and are erecting a statue of Duwayne Wade and it will be unveiled against the Detroit pission. But you know, let's keep the reality. I'm looking. You know, for those of you that are following our network, we Fire Up Florida has now become our show that we're doing a lot more hockey progressing real well. Rob Peterson and I are doing our thing together and we're adding more and more pieces as we go along, and potential is there. As far as Joshua dwors last question, whether we're going to get to Florida Panthers games or not, that's hard to tell. I don't want to sit here, you know, and go after a PR person because you know they're good at their Stanley Cup chance. I don't think that's going to have anything to do with that. But what I told Rod Okay Josh is this, you handle the PR people. I don't want to be involved in it. And if I go to any vine, if not, I have more than enough things to do. Mark my word, I do, and I'll be making announcements over the course of the next several weeks and months anyway, So I can't do bold things until I get things in writing and more certainties pop up. So far as coverage, yeah, Ronald cover them. And if I could get there on the weekends we go to practices, that would be great. But I don't have enough time. I am so stretched right now it's ridiculous. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Josh.
Speaker 5: The only thing I could say is how many game TVD to be determined? And I'll let you know as time goes on.
Speaker 2: Josh wants Southboard attributing to cover the Panthers. Maybe he should learn how to write and submit articles about him.
Speaker 5: You know, Jeremy, I could you took the words right out of my mouth. I don't have to use a heavy voice today. Good stuff.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I found out today about and I know this, the Green Bay Packers and AJ Dillon. AJ Dillon for every home packer rushing yard by a running back or a quarterback will donate a backpack of food. Two students that need from and receive a Dylan Family Foundation hat they'll receive food for children or that are in need. And now AJ Dillon is not even I mean he's injured, he's he's not playing this year. So I just think that was a You don't always hear of the kind gestures that some of these football players do, and I think sometimes we need to recognize that and bring it to the forefront, forefront, because we always hear of the bad things or things that go wrong and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just read the comment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll put it up. You know, we've got to make sure that we put the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 2: And No, I was talking about my buddy Drosty Bears and he talks a little the trash every now and then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, Josh has been clean. He's been really getting it. Now he's given justification why he can't come on or with that.
Speaker 2: That's perfect, perfectly fine.
Speaker 5: No, No, I got to your old kid. He's a cute kid. I'm a met person, but.
Speaker 2: It runs a business and can't add that to his plate. I wish I had time. Yeah, I guess I must have away with words because at most I spend an hour rating my articles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, before you never did that until I told you to start taking time and paying attention to what you're doing to take.
Speaker 2: It always taking me at the most of hours, and since I started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but now I think you've got more experience, a lot more cleaner because that experience will do that for you.
Speaker 1: So obviously obviously part of my tone too, I have to say I'm looking forward to covering the Hurricanes game this weekend. Being on the football field and being able to take pick pictures is very relaxing and it's it's a cool way to experience a game that not everybody gets that opportunity. So I cherish all of those opportunities because football would probably be my number one out of since I've been taking pictures, and I've taken pictures at NBA games, MLB, NHL, NFL college, they're probably football is probably my favorite out of all of them.
Speaker 5: So the Joshua Geor's latest comments up there, they're justifiable. I don't even get there. Oh yeah, I read it for you, please.
Speaker 2: I don't even get to the articles I need to write for my business. I did tell Scott I have one coming for South Florida Tribune, though, I just need to get to it.
Speaker 5: That's all good, Joshua. Whenever you get whenever you get it, you get it. And a time you'll have your own drop bound. We'll make sure do right by. You know, Joshua's come a long way, and I think he puts something in our He ended up putting something in our group chat that now he's not trying to rile me up. It's good idea, Joshua. You know it's not a good idea to rile me up because I stopped me from thinking for all the right reason. I've known Fernando Holiday Vargas Fray, you know, a long time since I started this platform. He's one of my most loyal supporter. Now he's got four names. He got I don't know how many names I can't out. But he's been there from the beginning and I always appreciated here. I don't know he's here for candy. Well maybe that's okay. You know they all go over to her. But I don't take it personal. Fernando.
Speaker 2: Okay, he hasn't said the magic words. He didn't say trick or treat. You don't get candy unless you say trick or treat. Oh wait, it's not Halloween.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Fernando. It's all good. You know, maybe one of these days we'll find a role for him. Every time I bring him on or try to, you know, it just doesn't seem to work out. But one of these days it will work out. Of course. When to come on Baseball standing in, I got a waiting with for that show too, like I do Inside the Pigskin and the Sports of Change. So these shows are starting to pick up some We're picking up more and more talent as we go along, and a lot of that's attributed to what I do, you know, at the press boxes and down the road, Katie. What I do want you to do though, before we go off the air tonight, is considering that you're always experimenting. I want you to talk about some of your most recent videos of the channel. I think that people will be very impressed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've put a couple of different different videos. I've taken videos at press conferences, some of which Scott has asked questions of Scott. There have been others. There's a short on there that I took a picture of and it's the mascot for the Hurricanes. His name is Sebastian and he does a little stint where he spells out canes, C A, N E S, and all the fans are, you know, saying the letters as he's doing him. And one of the videos is my short video of him doing that up at where the Gators at the Gators game, and that's gotten over five thousand views, so I appreciate everybody that's viewing that. I do have other videos up there of let's see that the Canes when they introduced and came onto the field last week. I put that video up there. There's some other videos I'd like to put up, but there are some copyright laws so I can't because a lot of these stadiums play music in the background, and a lot of the music that they play is copyrighted, so unless I take out all of the sound, which I think takes away from some of them, but you never know, I might still do that for some of them. But yes, and I did a picture. I did one video that has a couple of my pictures from last season are from the spring game for the Hurricanes, so I did that as well. There'll be more more to come as I keep working and tweaking and finding out what what works and what people like and what don't they don't like and stuff like that. Yes, there's short of Scott getting riled up about Joshua Door's comments on the Red Wings.
Speaker 5: There is, yes, Sorry, Joshua. You know you make your contributions in some of the most interesting ways. But I will tell you one thing though, I remember the last interview I ended up getting on a pro day was Exavier strap on that one one over twenty two hundred or six minute interview from one on one, by the way, And yes I do get those what when I cover the Hurricanes Nowadays one on ones are a novelty, although shouldn't say that totally because when I go to motorsports or certain sports, I'm able to do a little bit better. Every sport's a little different these days, and much of that's attributed to what's happening with COVID too and LPR. People they're picked up on things that they can control the narrative a little bit more so.
Speaker 1: That's the and I will say part of my stipulations as a photographer, I have to be careful as well, because I cannot sell my pictures of certain players because of the nil money that is regulated. So I because of that, I can't do that. I can only put them up and use them for South Florida tribute because that's the media that sponsors me to go into these games and get the credential.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's just the way back to this bad boy here. You know, old school media versus new school media. And I talk about a lot of the stories that I've had. I've put it up there a few times. Candy can put it up on the screen that you want to do as well. But it's really much old school media versus new school how the industry has changed over the years of what is really amounted too. And there it is right there. It can be available on Amazon, Kindle, Parns and Noble or wherever. But you know, it's all. You can also find a Lincoln www dot Southwida Tree Tom. But you know, I am going to work on a part two. I'm trying to get some updates as the year goes on, and I think probably by the holidays I'll begin the outline process. But I think the thing that is that Jeremy's reddit, I imagine Ralph has probably looked at it a bit a little bit soon, and I think the thing that's really important here is that it's all about relationships. It really is a Josh, I'm glad you brought that up. Bring back serene Sundays already. You know, I used to do a serene Sunday over at the Everglades out in Parkland, and you know what, it was, just neat where I go somewhere and just literally badge. And you know I will bring it back at some point, Josh, I promise you that. Yeah. I think so. It's only gonna be two to three, four, five, six minutes anyways, but we'll find some remote spots, Josh. But I encourage you mentioning it a lot, so it just keeps it parked in my head.
Speaker 1: So Josh, put it in Scott's head when we go, because we're going going back to USF next weekend, his alma mater. I'm sure there's got to be someplace on campus that is serene for him.
Speaker 5: About that place, Now, there was a lot of tension in Tampa. Let me tell you what I was back there. We didn't have a football team. Our our basketball team was our homecoming. I don't know, maybe I'll get I don't know if I'm going to make it to campus this time or not depends on where we end up staying. But don't worry, Joshua. I'm glad you continue to bring mentioned Serene Sundays a lot because it's in my head. And here's the thing, Joshua and you and all the rest of your crony's out there. When something gets in my head, it doesn't leave. Yes, they are. I mean, come on, my crony's there. You know, something gets in my head, it doesn't go away, Joshua. So that's an FYI for him.
Speaker 2: So are you saying it gets stuck in your craw.
Speaker 5: No, I say it goes in my It goes in one ear and doesn't go out the other ear.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're in Louisiana with the kraw but they have crawfish there too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's something my grandma said. And I think she was originally from Minnesota. So no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, now we're in a Now we're dealing with a geographic lessons between Minnesota and Louisiana. Oh my, I swear to gosh, but yeah, I dolphins are trash. I don't you know what the score is because I having so much fun on that.
Speaker 1: Twenty Tua just threw another pick and it is no longer twenty four to ten. I believe it's the touchdown for the Bills. So yeah, it's thirty to ten.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's what I'm missing. Hey, maybe Leo haggerty's watching that game and he stood us up. But that's okay, Leo. If it's easier watching the game and you're watching the Dolphins, then I'm definitely gonna If indeed that's what you're doing, then I'll you'll here never hear the end of its Saturday.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm wondering did Tua practice this week with Daniel Jones? They look very similar. Stat's wise right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know what, with no disrespect them, I'll trying to figure out how he got all that money after playing one year, one year, all seventeen games.
Speaker 2: I know where he learned that play. That's how Will Levis lost the game to Chicago. He watched Will Levis last week running away from a sack, falling down and threw it to the sideline behind the line of scrimmage, and the guy was smart enough to find it.
Speaker 5: Well, say what you wanted? Thirty one to ten and uh and I and a lot of us on the Sports Exchange went the Dolphins route. So I'll go back to the old over palace. Shame, shame, shame. So I'm not offering any more prediction. I'm going to leave with the people that know more than I do, and I'll just stay in the moderating and public speaking business instead.
Speaker 2: I'm serious. Tui literally looked like uh will Levis right there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't look like a quarterback.
Speaker 6: No, welling with starting? Yeah he will starting, Yeah, don't don't sell, we'll Malik will Is short. You know what, I think he might do much better, better than those people think. Well, now I'm saying Malik Willis.
Speaker 5: Okay for because I have her on here, she has me on here. That's right as Thursday night. You know whatever, I have to get used to this. I don't have any paper or a pen in my hand. All I do is move dark things around whatever. But you know I it's too now. You know what, Patty, that's a good question, is do it Sotack?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Golf is more disciplined with what he does. I've always said that to me, quarterbacks should be a quarterback salary cap.
Speaker 2: And I'll never go ahead back allay for I have never said Tua was better than golf for one reason. Golf does one thing better than Tua does, and that's managed the game. He's a very cerebral quarterback. He doesn't have to have that big pass outside the numbers. And it's not because he can't do it. It's because he's usually got enough guy W's running around underneath ope and he doesn't have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's a real legitimate comparison between golf and two. I just don't. But I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Anything else on anybody's minds Before.
Speaker 5: We all, I'm going to say, if you want to get smarter about our industry, this one's available Amazon, Kendall, Barns, and Noble wherever. Okay, about relationships, you can do that. You want to learn about the industry, don'll be it. Are we going to learn about the presidential debates? Don't hold your breath. I don't think anybody learned there. All I did, all I all I did was learn about just I just wish Ronald Reagan was schooling Jimmy Carter back in the day, because Ronald Reagan was the best debater I've ever seen. So for any of you folks that have ever been out to the Ronald Reagan Library in California, go he was my hero in office. Sorry, Ralph.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, how can people you and get a hold of you.
Speaker 4: RW Media Productions dot com. It's my new website, also YouTube, Facebook and also Twitter x platforms. And also you can find me my new radio show coming up on October fifth, two to three pm. Every Saturday after that me Ralph Williams, Smoking, Jim Fraser and Claudio Rosano. So we just had a big meeting today with the station and it was a great powerful meeting. Also, don't forget Saturday the External Bum show on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch platforms, myself, Ralph Williams, Scott Morgan, Rock, Jeremy Barwick and Leo Haggerty if he shows up.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there you go today two anti Leo's tonight.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you can find me right here on the south Ward distributing on the Fire Up Show every day, occasionally on Inside the Big Skin, maybe at any one of the other shows where Scott may need me because he knows I can cover my CMA pretty good when I'm talking sports. You can also find my writings. You can also find my writings on the South Florida Tribune dot com, where you see mostly you talk about the Lions, but I do discuss the NFL and rule policy stuff like that. Last, but not least, you can find me on my channel, which is Kneecat Fighting with the MotorCity Lions, where I go live nine times a week, four nights a week at nine pm and Monday through Friday at noon, where I talk about the Detroit Lions. I also cover the NFL on that. You can also find me on the Huddle Sports Network, which is on Amazon and Broku. You can also find me on their show called The Red Zone Rant every Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: All right, Pady, to answer your question, I haven't seen the new Reggan movie, and I know there was one out, so maybe I'll have to check it out. If I ever find a relaxed moment, We're still trying to figure that one out. If I find a relaxed moment, then there's an Einstein somewhere between Candy and the doctors, or we're still.
Speaker 3: Trying to Yeah, Dennis Quaid plays on O Reagan.
Speaker 5: Oh does he really okay?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Where can you find is it on one of the TV sets, or do I.
Speaker 3: Have to go?
Speaker 4: It's supposed to be coming in the theaters this week and it'll probably be on Amazon and I'll get it on my on demand on my cable system.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't, I don't. I don't go to movie theaters. I've been told to shut up too many times in movies. I figure I'll just stay at home and I'll say whatever I want.
Speaker 3: Movie I saw was Rocket Man.
Speaker 1: That's one thing we've never done, Scott. We've never gone to a movie theater and watched a movie.
Speaker 5: Have we guess what we never are because I'll tell you what. I don't have the freedom to say what I want. And who knows how many of them are still in business these days, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: But theaters, the others still out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I mean candy that'll be on your never list called Don't Hold your Breath. But I wouldn't mind watching the Reagan movie. I saw some of his books that had a good fortune to be able to know it.
Speaker 3: And Dennis Quay plays in it.
Speaker 2: He's run away, so that should be pretty good.
Speaker 1: I like Dennis Wade, but I'm gonna put it up there again. Scott wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. Get your copy today. You can also go to our website www dot self Flurida Tribute dot com. There is a link to buy his book on there. There is also a link to our merchandising store where you can buy all kinds of neat stuff, whether it be a sweatshirt, a baseball cap, tank top, whatever you need like depending on where you live this time of year. I know up north it's starting to get a little bit cooler, especially early in the morning, so you might need that sweatshirt, but down here it's still hot. Go get some merchandise today. You can also read writing Scott's writing I Take Pictures all on the South Florida Tribune website. There's also if you like NFL, we get transcripts for the Dolphins, the Jaguars, and the Lions. Go check those out. We also get information about all of the college football down here in South Florida, so we get Miami Hurricanes, Florida Gators, USF Bowls, FAU Owls and Florida State Seminals. All of them send us content, So if you're interested in any of that, come come to our website. Let's see. If you like to listen to podcasts. Wherever you get your podcasts, you can catch any of our shows. On Monday nights, we have Fire Up Florida where Scott talk's hockey. Then he has one hundred and eight such as Baseball Talk on Monday nights, Tuesday nights, Inside the Pigskin where they talk football Wednesday nights is Sports six Chain. You never know what you're gonna find, listen to what topics on there, just like this one Fire Up. You never know what our topics are gonna be. Although we always do a Mitalent segment on here. And did you know Scott also does a show on nofilter dot net. It is typically on Wednesday nights. He did one this week with mister George Eichorn, who wrote the foreword for Scott's books. Go check that out as well. If you see that red subscribe button by Jeremy, that means you have not subscribed to the South Florida Tribune's YouTube channel. We would appreciate you subscribing and then sharing it with all of your friends and family. We also would ask that all of the people that we have on our network if you would go support them and their channels as well. They give us their time, we appreciate if you would help them out as well. If you would like to sponsor or advertise on one of our shows, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine or one. I definitely have to thank all of the people that have been in the chatroom tonight. It has been a really active and a really nice chat room, asking good questions that we really appreciate, you know, the banter back and forth, we even all of the comments. I'm just kidding, just kidding.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I do want to point out one thing about MotorCity Mad Mouse Show on Wednesday. George Eichorn is my co host. Now him and I are going to work on the no Filter do everything we can to make it what we know is capable of doing. Also, the second thing is there will be another MotorCity Mad Mouse Show as well on this platform, so there'll be different guests that come in and out, so I want to make sure I can build the name and the brand as well as I can. So I have two good places to put it, just the way we're trying to do here. If I'm trying to find good lead in shows to every show that we have on these particular days, and that's what we're aiming to do. Great job, Candy, you have done an unbelievable job.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, you have your own showing.
Speaker 5: You deserve it. My gosh. And to think that I must be the one who's brainwashing and getting into this business. I mean, she's such a nice girl before she met me and she still is. Now what have I done to this girl? This child?
Speaker 2: She's doing great? She runs us great.
Speaker 5: I love the country, the country. Let me ask you quiz. I haven't ed to rate my voice here at the country club.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 5: I might even make it to the Eastern Obama on Saturday because I have a voice, of course. Between That's why I told her get it off Fridays, no good for me. Do it on Saturday, and do it early. That way of my voice is forty hours to go ahead, relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're gonna go to the college game. Blow your voice out there and you won't be able to talk to anybody for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Well, no, probably about two day well, because you know why I say that, Jeremy As, I'll probably head down to the Canes. I'll probably end up going down to the Canes media availability when we have Coach Crystal Ball and the two assistant coaches. I didn't go last Monday because I was worn out because of the triple header that we had. We had two football games one day and the baseball game. I'm not I'm all done with baseball for the year. So I'm hoping to get down to Coral Gables so catch Coach crystal Ball as well as the two assistants, and I should this week of all week because they're playing the USF next week. It's going to be an interesting I don't know ten days. I suppose I'll go back to what my brother once said one of our hometowns.
Speaker 2: Two. I just got another concussion.
Speaker 5: Was that right? Yes?
Speaker 1: He hit his head on on the knee and then down on the turf. Yep.
Speaker 2: Here they're showing it now, O. Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: Losing thirty to ten, I guess the biggest misters is why has he stayed in this long? Seriously?
Speaker 1: Well, because they're still in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: I was saying, it's not the fourth quarter yet. They had to try, right, Look like at Skyler Thompson's shying to shine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not gonna get in that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeremy, you ready to close us out.
Speaker 2: Try every day to be a better person than you were the day before. It's the only way that world make the world a better place. It starts right here. Much love to everybody in the jat Moonstar, I see you. Thanks for joining us. I know you came in late. Go back and watch the beginning of the show. You'll enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody, have a great week. Catch you next week.