Speaker 1: This was a vision.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you these people are Satanists as I sit here there, Satanists.
Speaker 1: But the world is called these kind of things, black masses, mutilations, mutilations, the ink of us, the suck of us. I'm telling you, we gotta go down to the religious supplies, or we gotta get ourselves a couple of gallons of holy water. My cousin Jerry's a precy can get us a deal. Do you want it to take your family kidnap and tear their livers out and make some kind of satanic PATAI?
Speaker 2: Hey, once they get in here, it's over bell.
Speaker 1: Trigger warning.
Speaker 2: This podcast may include explicit content that will take you out of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listener's discretion is advised.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to another edition of Cleveland Schwill and I hope that you are all tucked in and cozy in your beds, because let me tell you something. We're about to scare the literal shit out of you. Literal shit.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the thought.
Speaker 1: Were you driving. Don't look in the back seat, there's probably a ghost. Don't look in the rear view mirror. There's a ghost in the car. That's what we're talking about right now on the Cleveland Swill because this episode is haunted and I have with me co host Dave Hamilton. Dave, how are you since you've been to the to the undisclosed location we're about to discuss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm not going to be the one to disclose anything. I just know I'm happy to be here, happy to be alive, to have survived it. I've been getting a lot of comments about a photograph of me that was taken laying down in front of a fireplace, and so we'll get into that maybe a little bit. But yeah, this is awesome. And we've got an even specialer guest today, so this is going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do. Somebody came into town, into Cleveland, into Cleveland's Ohio city, almost particularly for this residence. This residence happens to be on Franklin Avenue and it was built in the eighteen hundreds, a little bit after or during the Civil War, or a little bit after the Civil War. No, it was after the Civil War. We have Cosmic Peach back with us. What's up?
Speaker 3: What is up? Brian? I got the goose pimples already. I look like a featherless chicken over here, Brian, I can't wait to get into tonight's episode.
Speaker 1: I know we did. We're actually doing a dual episode. So this is going to air on your on your feed and on my feed, and this is going to be very interesting. But considering it pertains to Cleveland, I couldn't and we all partake in the event, I couldn't leave it off my channel.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, And I want to ask you, Brian, Yeah, what are you sipping on tonight?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Most people don't ask me that I actually picked up something from a new brewery and it's something that I actually need. So this brewery is called Mad Tree, and I found out Mad Tree Brewery is out of Cincinnati. The beer is an ipa surprise, surprise. It's called psycho or psychopathy or psychopathy. I don't know how to pronounce it, but whatever is, probably I probably should be diagnosed with it. So let me go ahead and take a simple.
Speaker 3: Hell. Yeah, that's perfect for our episode tonight. We are talking about some psycho stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes we are. We most definitely are. Now did you bring a beverage with you?
Speaker 3: I did. I do have a beverage. I'll show it to you first, and then you can guess what it is. It looks like right, okay, so it looks like milk, but it is an alcoholic beverage. I'll give you, guys one guess what it is, white, I am drinking living jewel sake. What sake? That's right. It is a Japanese delicacy. Ah, and it's like a milky wine. But it's so delicious, Brian, get that fucking look off your face. It is so good.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys don't want to know what I think it looks like.
Speaker 2: Do you heat it up? Or do you drink it cold served?
Speaker 3: Chilled? Over ice? Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay? Nice? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: And when I say over ice, you put. They usually bring it to you in the at the restaurant in a bucket of ice, and you just take the bottle, pour a little in your glass, and then stick it back in the ice bucket. And they have all different kinds of sake that aren't as milky as this one, but the alcohol content goes way low when you get away from these cloudy ones.
Speaker 1: So what you're telling me is the cloudy ones are the ones that bring a smile to everyone's face.
Speaker 3: Yes, including your own. I have to tell you. It's if you guys have never tried sake, you need to put it on your list because it is delicious. And Zachary actually turned me onto it because he loves anime and he's a big anime guy, and he was like, oh, I bet you'd like sake, and I was like, that sounds like like a trailer trash beer or something. I'm not drinking that.
Speaker 2: So I don't have sake tonight, but I do know what sake is, and I've drank it many times, and I like it because you drink it and you you kind of get like wasted quickly and then sort of over it, yep, and it kind of disappears and then you don't have like that. I just drank at twelve pack of beer hangover or whatever. That's what I like about it. But yes, good choice, and you've just like weigh one up to anything anyone's ever drank on this show. I'm pretty sure good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you drink too much of it, though, you will get this splatty flatulence, so just be careful those with I.
Speaker 1: Don't want that aut.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm gonna well, listen, I do have a drink and I'm trying. I'm doing my best Brian impersonation tonight because I also an IPA here. It's from Columbus Brewing, which everyone around here would know. And I think this is called like Body or Bodie. I can't really tell. How Die looks like it's gonna be a good one. I'm gonna crack this bad boy open eight point three percent alcohol, so I'll be slur half way through it. And yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Cheers, cheers before the episode.
Speaker 2: Cheers, Cleveland Twill, Cosmic Peach. This is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, bottoms up everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the building that we're speaking of top secret, and if you saw the title of the episode, Jordy know what it is. But we are talking about a very famous building right here in Cleveland, the Franklin Castle, which Hans Tiedaman owned way way back in the eighteen eighties. I think he was the one who built it. Uh in Ohio City. There and we got ourselves a tour, ladies and gentlemen, we got ourselves a tour. Dave was there, Julia was there, I was there, Cosmic Peach was there. Uh, and it was uh.
Speaker 4: The imagination, let's call it let's call it a tour, and then some.
Speaker 3: A tour and then some fuckery, because let's just let's start it off like this. We're all standing outside this gorgeous establishment, outside of the wrought iron gates, and we're just so ready for this thing to get started. I was on pins and needles. Everyone was on pins and needles. And we meet our host for the night, our tour guide, and he comes and he lets us in, and we're all very excited to meet him, and I I distinctly remember him being a little bit disheveled and a little bit like I just woke up from a two hour long power nap. Yeah, And I don't know, David, what's your first impression of our host?
Speaker 2: My first impression was I was I was intrigued, to be honest with you, and for the first for the first like half hour, I was like sort of really enjoying him. But right away the clock, the internal clock in my head, and people who know me and are close to me know that I get time frames. I'm weird about time frames, and if I'm told something I need, then it needs to be that. And for like the first half hour of this, I was digging on this guy's stories and he seemed cool.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: The disheveled look was kind of cool and little bourbon on his breath, you know what I mean. It was like, this is like an authentic cool This is who you want showing you around this place, right, that was my first impression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like home homeboy's been drinking. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we're about to have a good time. He's nice and loosened up and ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what.
Speaker 1: Well And you know what though, that's just I hate to say it. That's my stereo type of your opinions. I feel like they're always drinking.
Speaker 3: So he's wearing like five different types of patterns, like corduroy and some other checkered. He had on like seventeen different patterns. And it was like my brother had his ticket on his other phone, so he let everybody else in the gate, and so you ran back out to your car to get your other phone, and he was like, okay, well we even wait for him, and then we all go in the house and he doesn't even check that you have the he just lets you back in. You could have totally just been bullshitting that you had the ticket at.
Speaker 2: All, would have thought about it. And looking back on it too, I realize now he would go from like very nonchalant to like super serious in like quickly, you know what he's saying.
Speaker 5: They're going around the castle and it's beautiful and oh look at this.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, and you'd just be like.
Speaker 1: There was like no in between.
Speaker 2: It was a super nonchalant or you're kicked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because so the first room that we're escorted into, we go through this beautiful little entryway and it breaks off into a double living room. Is what it looks like to me. It's like definitely like a smoking lounge type of area, and they've painted the walls red. They have some silly looking spiderwebby thing moment happening, and I actually thought it smelt like kind of like sage or they were burning like incense for sure, right, And it just added to the whole mystique of the room. And you're like, oh my gosh, this is gonna be great. But then he goes, Okay, you take photographs, I'll be back, and then he just slips off through a doorway, closes the door, and he leaves us to our own devices for like, would you say maybe twenty minutes?
Speaker 2: It was, it was a good long while. And again, think about what you just said. He left us in this room for what maybe twenty minutes? This is supposed to be an hour tour. We were not out of the word. Okay, we were in the first room where you said, there's the incense. We go down into a stairway, we see a stairway. I'm not kidding you. It was a stairway. Then a little door opens up in the stairway and we're down in this room and I think at that point we had been there for an hour already. Yes, technically the tour had not begun yet.
Speaker 6: Really really, yeah, let me just throw you in on how this is.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to ruin the tour for anybody by saying this, but if anybody wants to do this tour, the first thing you got to understand is one, it's not an hour. There's no way it's an hour. This man is never going to do a one hour tour. Also, if you want to know anything about ghost spirits, hauntings, this is not the tour for you.
Speaker 3: If you want to learn about architecture, this is the tour for you.
Speaker 1: You want to know if you want to know where one of the leaves fell in the backyard thirty years ago, and how it's still there, and that it's doesn't belong to any of the trees in the yard, and that maybe there's a mouse living under a rock somewhere in the house. This is the tour for you. Any any information that you'd be like, that's completely irrelevant. Thank you for telling you. I wish I never knew that, and I will soon forget it. That's the til you're gonna be hond Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and again, it's not that the things he says aren't to some degree interesting, but it's the wrong sort of it's the wrong sort of thing you would think you'd be going in for. Like like we were saying, it's like he would occasionally mention a creepy story that like some there were bones found here, or there was this or that, but if you said anything about paranormal or spirits or anything, he would do one of the real serious things and he would be like, the house will tell you if it's haunted or not. Like he'd feel like weird ethereal sort of philosophical things, but never actually say. He would almost get mad if you would say the house was haunted, but then he would make the house have its own personality and stuff.
Speaker 1: He would get mad if you if you said the house was haunted, but then tell you that he's had conversations with no one for fifteen minutes. Yes, I think that it was somebody else. Yes, And like that's the kind of thing that the house would do.
Speaker 2: And what did you think the video that went viral that they pulled down because it was just way too viral, that that was like.
Speaker 3: A servant in the background or something. Somebody took a video in the basement in the servants quarters where we were.
Speaker 1: I want to hear you, guys, has you ever heard of a video beating taket? This was just too viral. We just did we could, guys, it's just way too viral. We're getting way too much advertisement.
Speaker 2: Money on this thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We just to pull this thing down. I can't cash all these checks.
Speaker 1: All it was.
Speaker 3: He even said they posted it onto their Facebook channel and it was just going so crazy that they took their Facebook channel down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't just expand your bandwidth, no, yeah, no, you get those followers not in Germany.
Speaker 3: He had like this weird creepiness about him, like already, and then like Brian's sister Kim leans over to me and she's like she won't admit it, but she's totally into this shit, and she like leaned into me and she goes, what if the house really does choose the owner? I mean, think about it, Julie. He's German and he just so happens to be eccentric enough to do this tour. And I was like looking at her and I was like, no, do you really? Because he said everybody moved in moved out exactly two years later on the day, except.
Speaker 1: For if the house didn't want them.
Speaker 3: Yes, the house didn't want them.
Speaker 1: So so let's let's give them a little Let me start from the beginning. We walked in. This is what you're gonna expect. You're gonna walk in. They're gonna get the group together. I'm gonna give you, guys this whole tour that we saw in five minutes. This is what happens, all right, and then we can talk about the details. You walk in, you smell alcohol on some breaths. You come in, go into the front door, some kind of ethereal music is playing, incenses lit. Most of the lights in the house are off, candles lit. You're kind of wondering the structure of the building. You're left to your own devices. You kind of just walk around for a minute in the rooms. Get to know the people that you're gonna be on the tour with if you talk to them. There's a dining room table, and there's a few couches you're for you to sit anywhere you want. He comes back in the room. You're gonna get a thing about a time machine. He's gonna talk about a time machine. He's gonna talk about stops along the time machine. This time machine is about when the house is built, several of the different owners that have the house. You leave that area when he's done talking about the time machine. Granted, Dave filled you in this. We're already fifty minutes into the tour of what you thought was gonna be a one hour tour. By the time we go to the next room. Go into a next room. He starts asking you to knock on all the walls. You're gonna be knocking on some walls, blow and behold secret passageway. Goom bam, go down to the right.
Speaker 3: Just wait the way you're desscribing it, you're gonna knock on some walls, blow mill secret way.
Speaker 1: Because I have to cut out the part where he's asking you for fifteen minutes straight, look at this wood. Look at the Did you know this wood comes from the east side of Cleveland? Look at you? No, stop everything you're doing. Stop breathing. Hey, look you missed one.
Speaker 3: Of the important details though, for this to make sense, which is his flashlight that hardly works.
Speaker 1: Oh, he has to press the button seventeen times to get it.
Speaker 3: To the so he'll be like, look at this. Oh, then it goes look at this uh door hinge.
Speaker 2: He How many times did he make a stupid joke or something where he'd be like, boy, if I just would have been in the new flashlight by now, I was all right if this toolton by now. He said that like six times.
Speaker 3: It was only funny the first time because then we were like, get that fight fly fight on it.
Speaker 1: Oh good and it I couldn't stand.
Speaker 3: It because okay, Brian, we're knocking on the door, We're knocking on the walls. Lo and behold, secret passageway.
Speaker 1: Proceed very narrow stairway like.
Speaker 3: Which is actually had like caution tape on it.
Speaker 1: I don't think if you're handicapped, I don't think you should take this tour. I'm not saying that as a dick. I'm not saying that in a rude way. If you have if you even have trouble walking, or if you're like severely overweight, I wouldn't do the tour. You're gonna kill yourself. That stairwell, that stairwell. My knees hurt looking at that stairwell. I started going down and had to do one stair at a time. It's this windy stairwell and the stairs are like four inches wide, so you've got to put your foot sideways. And it was an old servant's stairwell, so the servants would stand these quarters in the basement, and if somebody knocked on the door, it was a secret passageway up to the front door. But you're in this basement and he's like, well, some pipes run under here and it causes all sorts of humidity and condensation, and then that heats up. You go down there, you can't see shit. It is complete steam everywhere. Can't see your hand in front of your face. Frankly, I don't know what we were breathing in. I think it was hallucinogenics. I'm not gonna lie. Uh, probably some sort of hallucinogenics. It's trying to make you think that the seventeen hour tour you were just on is only five minutes.
Speaker 3: Anybody that in HeLa, anybody need any hala?
Speaker 4: Anybody here asthmatic?
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on? So the tool like, I mean, he just but but let's face it, so so Brian. The next maneuver you and I both agree was really just an excuse for him to leave the room, to to have some more have some more spirits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that that. You know, I'm starting to think the only spirits that were in the Franklin Castle we're the ones in his bourbon bottle.
Speaker 2: I will say that by the end of the tour, all like all any anybody's ideas about what was going on with the castle, all the creepiness was really just coming from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All the stories were like you get because Brian said it all at once, where it was just at all hit us. He's like, aren't you real You've got this German accent. It's like, are we being led around this castle by a ghost right now? Is that what's actually happening? And honestly, that was the most interesting idea I had the entire time I was there. Was that that, and he was leading us around there, and there was going to be a twist at the end. I wanted it to happen so bad, but really, bus Brian just left.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're down there in this freaking misty, dusty basement, and he leaves again for another like twenty minutes, and he's like, take some photos in this Mira and then don't look now, check them later. And it's like, okay, but it didn't take twenty minutes for all eight of us to take a picture.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, but before he slides out, he tries to like leave you with something. I don't know if this is philosophical or what, but he leaves you with unanswered questions. So you'll be down there and they'll be like a chair that looks like something you'd see on bult garbage day on the side of the road and it's all beat up. He's like, dad's a story behind this chair, and the story is extremely interesting, and I'm not going to tell you what happens. Why. I remember him saying that, He's like, the story behind this chair will give you chills up and down your spine. Am I real I don't know, Bye, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: And then you'd say is this place haunted? And he would say, how dare you? How dare you even say that this place was haunted? And it's like, so the whole look at him.
Speaker 1: And be like, you do realize each one of us paid thirty five dollars because we believe this place is haunted. None of us give a flying fuck about Hans Tenamin or anybody else. Maybe it's I mean, granted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the more interesting things he did say, though, is that there was a part of the room that's like carved out in like a weird ornamental shape, and he was like, does anybody know what they use this part of the room for? And I was like thinking, I don't know, it's kind of awkward. Maybe it was like a smoking area or something like that. And then he drops the bomb on us that they used to prop up dead bodies and drap them up and take photographs of them in that and like have full displays of.
Speaker 1: The body, which is something that was common in the eighteen hundreds that we.
Speaker 3: Learned that was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's that's just it. There were some really cool things about the house, but we didn't need to hear about each one for a half hour or like a wallpaper. Yeah, that's basically the bottom line. If it like Brian's, if you just want to see a really really cool place, go look at this place. You should. It's like, it's got a really cool vibe.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that you could make that place. If you did an hour tour of that place with with just the good stories and they edited it, it'd be one of the best tours in Cleveland, no hands down, no question in my mind. Dude.
Speaker 2: If they actually did keep that to an hour tour, you would love it, You really would. You would love it.
Speaker 1: You get you through that whole house in an hour. And he's like they propped up the dead people, you know, like when somebody died, his daughter died, they had the funeral. Here you're standing where that happened.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: People are like that's interesting, Oh that's different. But then when you're walking by and then and then you just walk right out of there and you go right down, He's like, start knocking on the walls. Oh, look, secret passage. I don't give a shit. The wood came from a game a stand, dude, I don't give a shit. Nobody gives a shit in Cleveland where that wood came from the only way people care if where the wood comes from is if it literally came from Cleveland. And they're like, oh, this particular builder in Cleveland, and he said that for one part of it. I'm like, that's kind of interesting. But once you start getting into where every little thing comes from, where every little hinge on the door comes from, where every window pane comes from, that's interesting to you because you rebuilt the house, which is awesome, and you you rebuilt it from original floor plants, and that's something you can bring up right then in there and tell everybody about. And you worked with the city of Cleveland. That stuff can be interesting. Yeah, but the extras, you gotta know where to cut yourself off. Give us.
Speaker 2: Give us one fact. I like the kind of tour guys. And you know, now that I've been on this sort of tour where it just went way, way too long, I appreciate those kind of tour guides. Now where they're kind of dragging you around. And if someone else was doing that tour, they'd be like and over there in that they actually held funerals back in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: That was like a thing that they did.
Speaker 2: But anyway, moving on, we got lots to see, like that's who you want. You want that person, like, hey, you in the back trying to vape moving.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of that scene. There was a scene in Gremlins too, I think, and it was a joke on people that do like tours in places, and I never forgot it and I used to laugh at it. But this is truly what this door needed. And it would be like, hey, they used to do some funerals over there. They'd put some coins over the eyes and everybody come and visit. We're moving, we're moving. We're all moving together. We're moving. Walk with me. We're moving. We're moving. We're moving, We're moving. That's what you need to do in that tour.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the whole group, we're moving, we're moving. Everybody, we're moving. Over here, come on, let's go. It's just nice and quick and people as long as they're interacting with the house and with an individual and they're moving, They're gonna be intrigued. They may even walk.
Speaker 2: More, leave them wanting more. Man exactly, that's the name of the game.
Speaker 3: Speaking of wanting more, myself and our cousin had to go to the bathroom and that threw him off because he didn't want us to go to the bathroom. And he was like, Okay, use, you have to go to the bathroom. And then after we got back you Brian started telling an actually interesting story that everyone was super captivated by and that pissed him off.
Speaker 1: A pin drop into you that story.
Speaker 3: Can you tell the story for the listeners tonight, especially my listeners who have never heard it before.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will, and if and we actually told this story on Cleveland twelve podcast, yes, on our Halloween episode, and and I'm gonna kind of just give it the gist. But there is a cemetery and I wish I could remember the name of it, but it's right where seventy one and twenty fifth Street meet. It's an old cemetery, okay, And on certain nights there is a hitchhiker that hangs out outside the cemetery. And this hitchhiker has been seen for over the course, like by several people over the course of like eighty years, ninety years. There's various tales of so many different people in so many different time periods and so many different decades picking up this hitchhiker, okay, and the hitchhiker is always described the exact same way, Victorian era type clothing, very neatly dressed, looks to be affluent or wealthy. And you'll get into the vehicle that they speak with a thick German accent, and they asked to go to a particular house of Franklin Avenue, and they will make small talk with whoever is the driver, and then when they get dropped off, they will take a few steps out of the car and disappear. But there was a time in the nineteen eighties I've lived. It was nineteen eighty one that an individual picked up a hitchhiker there and he was speaking German to the driver, and the driver reiterated what he had heard, which I can't remember what it was in German, but it translated into I need to see my daughter or something along those lines. I'm going to see my daughter and gave him the address. He shows up, he said I'll be right back. And he actually watched this individual get out, walk all the way into the house, close the door behind him, and he waited for this person to come back out because he had said something to him about it is the anniversary of my daughter and I need to see her. And he's like, man, he has been in there forever, and I'm waiting for him to come back up. Well, he never comes back out. So this guy contacts the police. He thinks something might have happened to him, you know, because he went up to the door, he's knocking on the door and nobody comes out. He ends up calling the police and they end up doing this investigation and they come to find out that that was the one hundredth anniversary of Hi Tiedeman's daughter's death, and he believes it was Hans Tiedeman who was going into say his goodbyes to his or on the anniversary of his daughter's death to reunite with his daughter for a night. But that was a very interesting Cleveland ghost story to me, and I told it, and when I told it, I said, you know, this is the door that he dropped him off to. Right up there, we're standing right next to that door now, to be honest with everybody, and I don't know. You had kind of told me how you felt, but I never really felt anything in any of the rooms that we were in, never felt a creepy vibe except for one of them. But Dave, did you ever have any creepy vibes in that house?
Speaker 2: Not really? I do want to say though you hearing the story you just told standing within the walls of that house does definitely give it a different tone and feel.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And it totally pissed our German to a guide off.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 1: He wasn't one to have it.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to hear it at all, which I thought was crazy. But as as far as as far as feeling creepy vibes in the house, like, seriously, for me, that wasn't going to happen because of my I've got I'm obsessive compulsive with time frames. And I even said to somebody when we were standing down in that first smoky room, it was either you, Julie or Kim, but one of you. I was standing there next to and I and I literally said, I'm running the numbers here and there is no way this is a one hour two I said, unless he's unless he's literally gonna walk us through that door and say here's a hallway tours over. This isn't going to be an hour tour.
Speaker 3: But you know, you told me, and I was kind of like at the time, I was like, well, maybe it speeds up, Like after we get out of this room, he's like taking us up the stairs and then it's kind of like over. Then. I would like, as we like we left out of the smokey basement, and then when he got to the second time where he was gathering all of us up and he started clicking his fucking flashlight again, I was like, oh, no, it doesn't speed up.
Speaker 2: It doesn't speed up. But as far as creepiness, let's move on to the room where Brian said he felt his first creepy vibe. That that's where I would say probably I did feel some some off puttedness in that room where he had the pagan music. It was the murder happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got straight up lightheadedness. Even in that room. It was like as soon as you walked into it, you kind of felt like, oh, like.
Speaker 2: What is this was a definite denseness to that room and sort of like just an uncomfortable feeling. And Brian, that's what Brian had said too. He was just like, yeah, I you know, he goes, I up. What did you say, Brian? You go, I honestly haven't felt one paranormal feeling this entire until we've gotten in this room right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and don't I don't bullshit with that stuff. If I go to a location and I don't feel anything anywhere, that's what I'm gonna say. I don't feel it. I'm not feeling it. I'm not scared. I got in there, and you know the one thing I will say. And I don't know if this played into my psyche at that point, but he had made a comment about he never feels secure in that room. He doesn't like being in that room, he doesn't feel well in that room. Okay, he did say that before we entered the room. Then we're in the room and he had purposely put some things in there that would make you a little creeped out. I don't know about you, guys, I don't this is gonna sound so bad, but I don't feel like when I see particular religious objects placed in certain rooms where you know it's not a religious household. But you have all these religious I think it's like you're putting up a specific vibe. And there was a picture in there, guys, of a seductive Jesus. And when I'm talking about seductive Jesus, there was something on his face. It was like the smirk on his face. I'd never it almost looked like one of those goofy pictures of Jesus that you would see.
Speaker 3: And it was like a mockery.
Speaker 2: It was as was huge bogynous. It was almost androgynists, like like if real Jesus and Freddie Mercury had a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was freaking weird. And then like right behind him as he's talking about this room, I got major, major, major creeps in that room. But he has like an old fashioned record player going and then the record to cover sleeve for display and it says pagan festival.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's purposeful. It's purpose all purposeful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And and like I said, so it's a it's an interesting thing to Brian's point though, where he goes, hey, man, if I'm having a weird feeling, I'll tell you or if I'm not. Because within a half power, we were in another room and Brian was accusing the guy.
Speaker 3: Can you beat that because you.
Speaker 1: Broke up really bad there.
Speaker 2: Your microphone, No, I said, I said, I know Brian will be straight up if he's feeling uncomfortable in a room or not. Because within a half hour of leaving that room, he was accusing the guy of buying his artwork at a yard sale in the next room.
Speaker 1: I'm straight up said that to him too.
Speaker 3: You freaking call him out. But before we even get to that part, I have to say something you guys skipped over. Is he said something about like Michelle, somebody chamber or someone who had some kind of stock in Yahoo, had bought the Franklin Castle before and she had thrown some kind of a party. And then after the party, some guy broke into the basement and he set the Franklin Castle on fire. He was trying to burn out the evil spirits. And then immediately after that we went into the creepiest fucking room in the whole castle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that room too, somebody was killed in that room.
Speaker 2: They were killing, like murder style murder in that room.
Speaker 1: And it was kind of like it was servant quarters for a little while. It was a honeymoon suite. It was like where the butler stayed, and it was where that mache stayed. That she was one of the I don't know if I would say founding member of Yahoo, but she's like late nineties working at Yahoo, probably one of twenty employees. And I'm sure, as you know, Yahoo got bigger and bigger during that time, she was, you know, falling into a little bit more money. Purchased. The property, had a Halloween party and this guy comes to the Halloween party and he was invited, Like they invited a bunch of people to this Halloween party at the Franklin Castle. And everybody knew back then, guys, around the year two thousand, the Franklin Castle had the same reputation as it does today. Haunted place, one of those haunted locations in Cleveland. We all know that, right. And this guy straight up was like, I'm going to get rid of this place. It's evil and a lot of stuff has happened there. I mean, as we're going through the tour, he even the current owners talking about like when they were knocking down certain parts of the wall, they're finding Nazi artifacts that he says he throws away. I mean, even me, you guys. I don't. I don't believe in Nazism, but I'd still be like, that's kind of fucking cool.
Speaker 3: You know, a piece of history that's been buried within the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's not like you just burn this stuff or whatever. You're like, this stuff's interesting because it's a part of history. But anyway, that's just me personally, because you know, all regimes and and and people in history have done horrible things. So it's just like, I don't mean, where do you morally draw the line.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, it's if you dug up a time capsule that you had no idea that was there, you know what I mean, two hundred years from now and it just happened to be all full of Nazi shit. Yeah, mega interesting. And that's like, you know what I mean, that's just the thing. It's the history of someone put it there. They threw it in there. Okay, they were crazy people, but still they left a big thing. Let's look at it. Same kind of deal with that castle. You go in there and you say to yourself. And I thought that the tour guy actually made an interesting point where he said certain things they don't they don't digging to find things within the walls, because the way he put it was he says, these things need to be discovered as they're meant to be discovered. And I thought that was kind of a good anecdote, you know about like a house mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the house definitely has some history, and we can get into some of that at the end, you know, after we're done talking about the tour, we've talked about some of the real history. But it was it was I mean, that kind of stuff is interesting, and those little snippets I think would be interesting to anybody, like, yeah, what he found there? What is there?
Speaker 2: Well for Julie though, like your your audience, especially when you really do think about that that guy was invited to the party. Okay, he must have been a fairly normal person if you're being invited to a party like that, right to a person who's healthy and has the kind of money to buy that place or whatever, and for you to kind of be convinced in the short time you're in that house at a party that the place is evil. It kind of makes you wonder what his experience was. And I think I'm right now having a really cool idea for a screenplay.
Speaker 3: What's the screenplay.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it. You get invited to this Franklin Castle place, and it's just the crazy experience this guy has that leads him to burn it down at the end, and by the end of the movie you have to be agreeing with him that the place needs to be burned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by his perspective, if you don't know what a person's perspective is, you know, is he more in tune with certain things than other people are, right, something whispering to him.
Speaker 3: Like the Amityville House, Like he got in there and then like he was shiny, yeah.
Speaker 1: Shiny, shining talking to them that other people are like, you're crazy now, and then he's.
Speaker 3: Like, this place has got to go.
Speaker 1: Some people are really in tune with weird stuff like that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I think for me it makes for such a great movie type story because anything could have happened to him. We don't know. It could have been it could have been fourteen oh eight up in there for an hour, you know what, Like he just came out and was like, this place got a fucking burn, you know. But that to me is the interesting part of that guy just needing to burn the place because listen, I've had weird thoughts where I was like, this place creeps me out. Never been enough to make me actually go back and sneak in and burn a place down.
Speaker 3: And you know what they said, it burnt for two hours straight and it's still standing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well we know there's wood particles everywhere. We saw them at.
Speaker 3: Way wo wo whoa wah. Don't even tell that story yet, Brian. What happens after we get out of the creepy.
Speaker 1: Room, Well, this is where things start to get fuzzy for me, because the only things I started thinking about was eating food and leaving. Yes, but once we left that room, so so to put things in perspective, guys, it sounds like, oh, hey, I would have you know, you got some extra time in the house. That's great. Show up at five forty five. You're like, you know what, let's make plans to have dinner after we leave. This is a one hour tour, will be out at seven. There's plenty of restaurants that I want to eat at in Ohio City, which was one hundred percent our playing. Okay, everybody went there not eating dinner because we believed a one hour tour meant one hour tour.
Speaker 2: Sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: We were on our one and a half almost two hours. We're probably on hour two when we left that room that I'm talking about where the murder had occurred, where sexual Jesus is shown, where you know, we all had a creepy feeling, and pagan records are being played, which, by the way, you go, well, how many records could be at this guy's disposal. Let me tell you, well, over five thousand to ten thousand records are sitting in the Franklin Castle right now. Look it up. A record company bought out some of the rooms up there, and they have thousands upon thousands of records. He could have chose, Yes, pagan fest is what plays, and that's on purpose. Let's not mistake him.
Speaker 2: Pagan Festival.
Speaker 1: So we leave that room and we go upstairs now, and you're kind of backwards at this point, you're like in this labyrinth. You kind of lose track of where you're at. And he shows an office and goes into where you know, this is a small office and people didn't have offices back then, and blah blah blah blah blah, you got this office. And then he talks about offices downtown. Then he talks about offices in the house, and you're like, you're trying to keep trap, like you think I'm going in circles. You be in the house listening to him. You're like, where is he going with this house is downtown? So next thing you know, and then I don't know where he's like and that is how key Banks started downtown. And you're like, well, I still don't know how it started because I don't know when you started, what you're talking about, and when you ended. And all I know is that my stomach is growling and blah blah blah blah blah. So finally we go into this he dramatically opens this wall and there's a bedroom there and I'm sitting there and I'm finally like, oh, this is pretty cool. I pull out my phone. You guys, I hadn't taken one f and picture the whole time. Everybody else had had seventeen hours of footage. Yep. I pulled my phone out for five seconds, and he goes, we do not take pictures. Yeah, I can kill no fold up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I snuck every single video that I had on my phone. I snuck it, like while you guys were going up with the tour. I hung back and I waited till he wasn't looking, and I like panned my phone around the room and that's the way. And I had somebody comment on that video I made in there, like, oh, it looks like you guys had a really cool tour, and I was like, dude, I snuck all of those fucking photos and videos I snuck around. They wouldn't even let you take any videos.
Speaker 1: That's true, dude.
Speaker 2: I will also say they've done a really good job of that over the years, I guess, because like if you go on dude, for any place that's like a notoriously haunted place like the Franklin Castle, is you if you go on YouTube or any of these places, there's just gonna be hundreds of documentaries about it, right, Like you could just go right on there the Middlefield Penitentiary or these places, you know what I mean, or whatever like that. And it's like, for some reason, there's almost nothing about Franklin Castle that's worth even remotely looking at, right, but he needs to do like a killer documentary about Franklin isn't one right now?
Speaker 1: There is? That is true? There is a whole Wikipedia page though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but people like visual like like being in the video, like looking around and like hearing someone narrating, like this is this and this is this.
Speaker 3: There isn't anything like that for Franklin Castle.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I know that this is where this happened, and this is where this happened, and this is what story happened.
Speaker 2: Basically, give you the tour that we were looking to have before we got fucking full bledged Gilligan's Island up in there. You know, no shit turn into a three hour tour.
Speaker 3: This is the same room though, where he asked our cousin Brittany. He was like, what time is it? And she was like, it's eight forty five and he was like, is everyone going on time?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: Time?
Speaker 2: Okay? Moving on, And dude, I told you from the minute we were in the smoky room in the basement, my PTSD was just full kicked in that we were off schedule. I cannot stand to be on that tubes.
Speaker 1: You guys, this is the thing that bothers me. You're doing tours for people. I understand you're extremely into your craft and you're remodeling and you want to tell everybody about it because it's like telling somebody about your art and you think, oh, I've got all these great listeners to that are so interested in my artwork. The reality is none of us are interested in your in your artwork. That sucks for me to say that. I mean, I am a little bit. Maybe you know enough for you to tell me how you did this, that and the other thing, but intricate details. No, everybody's there to hear ghost stories, stories about the house, history of the house, what happened where, Yeah, blah blah blah blah blah. That's it. Hey.
Speaker 2: Basically, what you're saying is it would have been just as fun and interesting had we been in the burnt out Franklin Castle hearing those stories. Now, granted, I love that they're restoring the place, and I think it's really cool. I'm so glad they're doing that work, you know what I mean. But for the point of what we were going for, it very well could have just been a burnt out building and we could have just been pointing at things and saying, that's where a body was, that's where this was, that's where that was, and it would have been just as good for us, because you could not better, if not better, if not better because you could use your imagination for the whole thing, and you're not looking at weird wallpaper that he made himself, which, by the way, why do you care about wallpaper that isn't original to the house. That's what we're trying to talk about. And like, you know, it's good have it there because it sets a mood and a tone, But don't then go on and tell a big story about how you made it. No one cares, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it was like this room too, and he totally blew his chance of making it super creepy because after we went from the bedroom into the little parlor area. Uh, he vaguely mentioned that this is the room where everyone sees the woman in black standing in the window from outside.
Speaker 1: I was standing right there, and guys, by that time, I couldn't have given a shit less. She could have been standing behind me and I would have been like, are you ready to go to let's.
Speaker 3: He did say though, that he saw the woman in black ones in that room.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did.
Speaker 1: Him and two of the other owners are the only three people to ever have seen her.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. That's what he said. Yeah, And again his credibility wanes, but you know. Uh, here's here's what I find funny too, and maybe you guys will agree with this. We spent so much freaking time in those first like three rooms, the stairway and the firt you know what I mean whatever, that by the time you really did start getting to some really cool, interesting rooms, we were just kind of flying through.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is true though.
Speaker 3: So like this bedroom that we were in with like the little parlor, when we went through this like closet thing into the sitting room that led to like this other thing and then we circle back around. I looked at one of the bookshelves and he had this like little stone thing. It was a completely empty bookshelf, but he had like five stones in a circle and then like a big stone in the middle, and I was like, this, dude, I almost feel like they're kind of like trying to channel stuff in because I looked online and that's the bedroom that they rent out for like an airbnb thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the those marble bathrooms are just amazing. Ok, probably one of the prettiest bathrooms I've ever been into my life. And I have a thing for bathroom so I don't know, like I love the bathrooms from the shining. I think those are like the greatest room and like, so that bathroom sort of reminded me of that. It had like a theme and cool colors and just it was. It was awesome in that room. And I think Brian asked someone if they actually shower in there? Did you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did, Of course I did. Yeah, of course I did.
Speaker 2: He's like, I've never showered in here, but people have, And I was like, I really would love to shower in this shower, dude.
Speaker 3: It was one of those like old claw foot tubs. Oh, like beautiful, just going right after we look around the bedroom and we see the bathroom. He didn't risks all of our lives by showing us a hidden passageway that's really just us scaling the side of the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to crawl out a window and onto this little trellis I guess you'd call it. That's just real tiny, and you had to super.
Speaker 3: Tiny and no railing on the side.
Speaker 2: Of the house, shimmy into the shimmy into the other window, where he kept on making the joke that if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: You know, read the book, you wanted to take off all your clothes and oil up your body and read on frying.
Speaker 1: What was so strange about this to me, though, is if you are a human being, he doesn't really want you to be on the tour because if you get hungry, he doesn't like it. If you have to go to the bathroom, he doesn't angry. And if you have to leave after three hours of a one hour tour, he doesn't like it. It's just like you exist for him to do his fucking bulls. If you're not willing to do that, if you're not willing to submit to his complete dominance of time and space, then you don't belong on that tour. So for that, I I was picking up that very very early on. And I'm not gonna say I'm a passive, aggressive dick. I can just kind of start to become a dick. And he started trying to talk about this picture he got of a grandmother or a caretaker that had been on the property. Now, guys, twenty minutes before this, he's telling everybody how that place was just under flame for two hours straight. We had just and right outside that door, there's a charred doorway. And he goes, and I have this portrait of so and so and this is her and she lived in the house from blah blah blah blah blah, and she was took care of the kids. And here's a painting from it. And I'm like, where did you get them? Where'd you get this photo? Where'd you get this painting? Where did that? Well, it came with the house. I'm sitting there thinking where where was it?
Speaker 3: He became with the name.
Speaker 1: It came with the house. And you're like, what you just got done talking about how there's been seventeen different owners. If the house doesn't like the owner, they're kicked out after two years, several renovations and a two hour fire. Yeah, but you pulled this picture out of Grandma Betty out of some closet somewhere where it was protected, and.
Speaker 3: This it was Grandma Tetaman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, But I asked where he got it from. His eyes got so big. I don't know if he'll ever tell people he got those that those are real people again, Because you got that stuff in the flame market. That's an old photograph. Put it up. I'll tell them that somebody for the cosmic Peach.
Speaker 2: Fans, for the cosmic Peach fans out there, it's kind of like them finding the terrorists passports and pristine condition laying on the road after not.
Speaker 3: To post. When they have these paintings, I have to on them.
Speaker 1: Everybody that has listened to my past episodes on your on your podcast, they're gonna know I'm skeptical, Brian. Right, I'm going to ask all the questions. Oh, you got so quiet out and he got so quiet, looks like you just got it was how quiet he got.
Speaker 2: That was the only answer you needed when he was just like, it came came with the house.
Speaker 1: And fat dude, I'm gonna tell you guys something. This dude could tell you where every spec of paint came from in that house, but he couldn't tell me where they found those pictures and paintings. That there was no story behind it. Whatso I was waiting for him to be like, we knocked down the wall and behind the wall was the treasures of you know, But no, there was no treasure story. There was no knockdown. No, it just came with the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're like where He's like, don't listen to the angry white guy anyway. It's a two degree temperature. Oh my god, I'll.
Speaker 1: Tell you why you're wrong. One American, two white, three privileged, fall you're ugly, five.
Speaker 2: Privileged again white American.
Speaker 1: Now shut up?
Speaker 2: Two degree temperature dropping this right.
Speaker 3: Right after you called him out on that, and like it got really silent, and he was like it just came with the house. And then he moved us into this tiny closet, like all twelve of us, and then it smelled like fucking parts in there. He was going on and on, and my brother tells it the best. He got stuck on a word and he was like, I translate everything in my mind from Jeb into English, so sometimes I get I get caught up. Oh yeah, he got got he got caught on this word. And the way you tell this is perfect. Just take it.
Speaker 2: He would just stop for so long and then like where most people would just give up and pick a different word, he just wouldn't. And he'd just be like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and I took one of these things that that you pull, you know, with the with the tongs, and it has like you.
Speaker 2: Know what those you know, the fuck a fuck Like again again, we're all in a giant hurry right at this point, like parts in there, It sounds like parts in here, again, he's taking all that time to explain wallpaper that has nothing to do with the house, nothing, nothing. You put it up at McDonald's and it would be exactly the same effect. There was nothing to do, and he's just just stretching it out, stretching it out, and I.
Speaker 1: Mean, well, the one when he stretched one of the things out, I knew. I'm like, is this just an act? At this point, because he was like, what is the world? I need someone, but I cannot think of these American words for this what it is? Oh, volunteer. I'm like, you have been freaking tours a day and you can't remember the word volunteer. You ask for two volunteers through the whole dour.
Speaker 2: Words like volunteer. But he's just like cruising through words like dark matter, yeah, fer dropages and all of fluctuations in spiritual gratitudes. And he's like, and then.
Speaker 4: What's the American words for I don't know?
Speaker 1: Hot dog?
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, that's the word you're got up.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So we move out of that room, we go into this I don't know, it's like a study or something, and he's going on another tirade, and your phone goes off and it's like.
Speaker 2: Good, good, well, mind you. I was already so angry, and for reasons I'm not even going to get into. I had a phone that wasn't even my normal phone, and I had no idea how to turn ringers off, turn it down, turn nothing, okay, And in fairness, my phone had leaped the entire time. And you guys know what you know about me in my life. Think about my phone not beeping for a full two hours. Just think, I mean, think about, like, that's so ran, I can't believe it even happened. And then we're up there, we've been up there for that long. My phone beeps one time and he stops the whole tour.
Speaker 1: It was like a movie.
Speaker 2: When I looked from my phone, every it was like a wall of people were just standing there staring at me like this, including him, and he's just got this look on his face, like how dare you look at your phone during this tour? And all I could think of to say in the moment was I've been here three hours. I have a life, keep going. And that's just all I said.
Speaker 1: It just was right right after that happened, because I had heard Jaden and Brittany talking and they're like, oh, I'm so hungry. We didn't eat anything. You know, it's like eight forty at this point.
Speaker 3: It's after that, it's like after nine almost well.
Speaker 1: It couldn't close the restaurant before they closed the kitchen at nine. Okay, that's how that's how I'm figuring this out. But I looked at Dave and everybody else. I said, when we get back into where I know how to get the hell out of here, because right now we were in some kind of labyrinth. I was lost. I said, I'm telling him I have to leave. I don't care, Yes, what he's going to try to talk about, I don't care what he's going to try to show me. I don't care. I seriously did not care. He could have showed me the roswell fucking aliens. I would have been out of there. I would not have given him five minutes of my time. I was so hungry. So we find we go, but we go to one more room after this because this that he called you out in the kids reading room, which, by the way, by the time I was there, I was like, I don't care about any of this. I don't care about this reading room. I don't care anything about in my mind, anything he would have said about that reading room. I just did not care.
Speaker 2: He was like a child guied in this room. I was like, what boredom?
Speaker 1: Well he's talking to somebody was like, there's no electricity in here. I'm like, there's lamps plugged in everywhere. There's a light above my head. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: So there's air purifier right behind you, dude, right now.
Speaker 1: So he's like, okay, we're walking. We're gonna go upstairs. So we go upstairs.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, well, Brian slay your role. We stopped by a doorway before we went up stairs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who.
Speaker 3: Wants to tell it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you get Julie. You tell the doorway story.
Speaker 3: You asked, I'll tell the doorway story. He goes, we left this doorway intact from the fire, and it's this charcoal looking doorway, and he goes, I need a volunteer. He remembered it that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: He pulls my thirteen year old cousin and he goes, okay, I'm gonna take your hand, and he runs her hand down this charcoal doorway and he pulls out his stupid fucking flimsy ass flashlight and he's like trying to click it on to show everybody the soot on her hand. And he shows everybody and they're like, oh, yeah, we kind of figured. And he does it again. He pulls her sleeve up over her hand and runs it across the doorway again. It's black and just little bits and pieces are falling off of her sleeve. And then he clicks his flashlight on again. He goes, looka and then he looks at Brittany and he goes, you'll have a washut, right mom, And it's like, you're just destroyed her sweater.
Speaker 2: Dude, like, look at the magic. This is the magic of the house.
Speaker 3: His own hand, his hand.
Speaker 1: Over it, starts digging with his flashlight again, clicking it, clicking it, clicking it. He's like, look at all these posticles in the air. And I'm like that I'm breathing. It's graph fight dust. It's burnt, charred. I work in construction. I'd be wearing a mask right now.
Speaker 3: He's almost like flicking it up into the air, and he's flicking it up.
Speaker 1: Graph fight particle dust. He's flinging all in the end. He's that's the magic of the house. I'm like, there's there's nothing magical about that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, there's.
Speaker 1: Absolutely zero magic in that.
Speaker 2: You have now, brother, they're literally more asbestos than magic in that. In what uh.
Speaker 3: As you literally said, you were like, I was just waiting for him next ago, like and blow something in somebody's face and go.
Speaker 5: That's Espestos the hundred years old and haunted.
Speaker 1: The woman in a black dress now lives inside you. She now lives inside all of you. You're all haunted.
Speaker 5: Now you'll be dead within seventeen years, probably of a rare form of cancer.
Speaker 2: But it's also haunted.
Speaker 3: What's that word again, that American word, missor diliomain.
Speaker 2: It was well, listen, poor JJ. Just just to say this. JJ's the one who had her hand pulled all over the sooty door. She had already used the word angry one time while we were in the steam room, so imagine how she was feeling by the time we were rubbing her hand through the soood on the door.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she was so over it. Bless her heart. But that's Brian. When we went up that last flight of stairs and you had a meltdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a meltdown internally before we got up.
Speaker 2: There, but I was like.
Speaker 1: After we got up trying to do this. But once I you know, I'm the kind of person it's like, once I realized that this guy had zero respect for my time, I now had zero's respect for his time, zero respect for his tour, zero respect for anything. And that's not a knock on him as a human being. It's just an observation of truth. So I we get up to this top floor. Now, guys, this top floor was different than the entire rest of the house. It looked like something that like somebody had been up there collecting I don't know, antiques, but specific antiques. And what I did notice that was interesting to me. And this is again speculation, but there was a lot of occult artifacts something, Yes, things like the Illuminati eye three eyes and I don't know if that's Pagan. I'm not into symbology, so I don't know if that's even a thing.
Speaker 3: Not of like Tryang with the one eye in the middle, and like weird Persian and Moroccan type of artifacts. It was fucking weird. And this is what he called was the ballroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a camera up there there was extremely thick walls, and the windows had to be put deep inside because the walls were so thick. It was just so weird. And they were doing some sort of filming up there.
Speaker 3: And uh, there was a huge bathtub in the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just all things.
Speaker 2: There was a bathroom up there. There was a really great view of the lake though, of all things, you could see the lake from the top of the Franklin Castle, which I thought was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: You were too busy having a meltdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You by that point you were just ready to get out of there. And I have I have to say we all were, definitely. But here's here's what's funny. Man. Think about this guy's loose friendship with Tom Okay and what time means to him. So an hour tour, right, that's what we were supposed to take. When we got there and we started realizing, he goes, now, listen, this is not going to be probably an hour tour. It usually goes too okay. So now thinking, all right, fair enough, it's gonna be two. But when you get to the two hour market, you realize it's not over yet. That's when you start getting angry. Right, So now the top we're we're moving closer to three hours, okay, And and Brian has he's the one that loses it first enough to where he can he's finally sensed I'm getting out of here, because the guy says, now, let's go down and we want to see the back of the castle. We're gonna go outside into the backyard and I'm gonna show you some things about the back of the castle, right and again and that cottage house. And I know full well. Brian's like me, there's gonna be some interesting things. And we really wanted to do this tour. We like historical things, we like all that, so honestly everything in us would love to see the back of this castle, right. And Brian's just like, sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving. Uh. And when I'm getting down at.
Speaker 2: The bottom, I get near that front door, I'm just gonna be going. I hope that's okay, and like, and so we start making our way down there, okay, down towards the front door, and this guy gets desperate. This tour guy gets desperate, and he starts talking to Brian. He starts negotiating with him, trying to get him to stay right, and he's like, but to back the castle is really cool. You're going miss it, you know what I mean? And Brian's like, I don't care, I'm leaving and like and he goes. And then finally, Brian, trying to be a super nice guy, turns around and says, okay, man, how long how long to see the back of the castle. And the guy's like five minutes, five minutes, And Brian's like, all right, fine, if five minutes, is it gonna be five minutes? And then and then you can tell Brian even thought to himself, wait a minute, this guy has a weird way with time. And he goes, is, dude, is it really gonna be five minutes? And I am not kidding when I say this. The guy pauses and he goes, maybe fifty minutes, and Brian just in face ran out the front door as fast a crap about the back of this castle.
Speaker 3: He said, maybe fifty minutes, and we all started running.
Speaker 1: You guys know what fifty minutes really meant? That meant two more hours.
Speaker 4: Yes, And dude, think about that.
Speaker 2: He moved it up ten times, he said five minutes, and then that quickie was like ten times that ten times, like I mean just and maybe that was the wild turkey talking. I don't know, but at that point we knew whether this is a ghost or not, or if Hans Stedeman's here or not, or the black woman in black we're out of here.
Speaker 3: We took the lead. We ran down the stairs first, and we were trying to find our way back out, and then we broke off into that first room where we came in, and we were all looking around like is it? What the fuck are we? And he was like through that doll, through that doll, and then we just like scrambled out you know what followed us.
Speaker 1: It bothered me because I that that didn't just bother me. It bothered me when I said goodbye, it was nice meeting everybody, it was a great tour, and he didn't say shit, mm hmmm back yeah. And I'm gonna say the reason why that bothered me is because how are you so ignorant to other people's time? How are you so ignorant to that? How how can you not say thank you for coming on this tour? You know, please come again another time and I'll be able to show you the back of that something.
Speaker 3: He didn't even try to sell us a T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have bought one.
Speaker 1: You don't know if they have merch. I don't think he's thought of that.
Speaker 2: No, because no, you know what the merch would be his own personal artwork shirts made out of the wallpaper.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that, which he kept calling oriental wallpaper, and I was gonna be like, that's what his shirt would be. It would just be like a beat shirt, you know, like a freaking Hawaiian shirt of the wallpaper that he made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would say Franklin Castle, Home the World's greatest art collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would the T shirts, the T shirts he would make or won, the sculpt the sculpture that has light that goes through it from the one bathroom, the oriental wallpaper quote from him, and probably a picture of the steam in the basement. That would be the three T shirts.
Speaker 3: Or the creepy cherry won't tell anybody about.
Speaker 2: Or a bumper sticker that says the Franklin Castle, It's not haunted.
Speaker 1: Frankly Castle, America's least on his house.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. There were a few pictures I took though that looked creepy U assholes.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's what he would say. He would say, then he would tell you that he had that. He had a fifteen minute conversation with with the wallpaper, Yeah, and then responded to him.
Speaker 3: He said something about like he puts stuff places and goes back and tries to find it and it's not there anymore, which I mean that's like a haunting kind of thing, but he didn't say it in a creepy way. He was just like, maybe I misplaced it, and it's like, that's that fucking just leave it out.
Speaker 2: Then, Well, there's a fine line between the paranormal and alcoholism. Uh, but I can that. Uh, He's he's dancing on that line. He's he's found the door to the next dimension.
Speaker 3: But no, for guys, there was parts of that house that were creepy. And I have a picture where I'm sitting in that little chair and it looks like there's like some misty thing like behind the chair. Did you see that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did, actually and thought that was kind of interesting mm hm.
Speaker 3: And then Kim has a weird picture where her phone just went off randomly and it's like some kind of a red swirl looking thing. Did you guys see that? One?
Speaker 2: I didn't see that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I listen. I think I think because remember he asked a question at one point and he goes, what do you guys think haunting is a haunted house is? And I was the one that said, I think it's energy, and then he went off on the energy yes, and then he was on the energy tangent. So I guess I said the right thing. But I do believe in that, Like I don't think you need to believe in ghosts in the sense of it's a Civil War soldier all the time to believe that strange things happen because of trapped energy, you know what I mean to some degree. And I think like crazy things or weird events can trap energy like that, and that's why you tend to run into it. Although I will say I say this all the time about hauntings, I never understand why I why are all ghosts from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Because they were real fucking miserable in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I know that they've come back to experience air conditioning and star wars in HG. So you could tell Youbachu's wearing a mask.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, you guys. You know what's funny though, when we went in that bedroom right before Brian got yelled at for using his phone, he was like, no photography in this bedroom. And this is where we found the bones. We found bones, a small PILs. We think it's a child pelvis.
Speaker 1: And baby bones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he like just cut to the next topic. He didn't really expand on that and say like what how they got there or why they were there, or if they ever got like tested to see if it was a real person, or like he just we found out.
Speaker 1: He didn't say away, and he did say they were sent away and there were children's.
Speaker 3: Bones, children's bones, and then he like gets cut to the next Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like and that's when the guy realized he couldn't build a church there, Yeah, which is why and and so like there were they were going to do so many different things with that building. That I find so interesting in that sense is that it was going to be a nightclub, it was going to be a restaurant, it was.
Speaker 2: Going to be church. Imagine that being a nightclub. That would have been sick.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what what would you call it the Franklin Castle nightclub or would you give it like a cool name.
Speaker 2: I think you could just call it the Franklin Castle.
Speaker 3: Mmm, Dungeon of Darkness, nightclub back, or just the Franklin.
Speaker 2: You know those places just.
Speaker 3: Have yeah the Franklin.
Speaker 2: But they'll just be a cool party place. I would love to I love I love partying in places that have like a weird vibe like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it it so for everybody. I have some facts about the Franklin Castle, So you guys tell me what you think after you've done the tour. Okay, So it's it was done, and it's called a Victorian stone house. It's also known as the Tiedaman House, which we we did learn. It's located at four three eight Franklin Boulevard in Ohio City, so people in Cleveland know Ohio City neighborhood. They say that there's four stories there and more than twenty rooms and more than eighty windows at the time, so this place on Wikipedia, they are calling it the most haunted house in Ohio. So, guys, with the exception of that one room, I did not I could have spent the night in that place, probably by myself and been like, hey, but that's just.
Speaker 3: Brian, go sleep in sleep in that one room you got the creeps in all night by yourself.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that. What I'll tell you why I wouldn't do that. That picture Jesus freaks me out. Yes, you could put that picture of Jesus in my house and I would. I would be like, get that thing out of here.
Speaker 3: And you also have to spend the night in that room listening to the Pagan Festival all night on repeat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just you know sometimes though, and whether you know, obviously my beliefs don't create reality, and I don't fully believe in this stuff. But at the same time, I do wonder, like I got the feeling that that guy was trying to invite things into that house. He was trying to communicate with things in that house. And Dave, I know you're a rational person too. I don't know if you got that feeling, but it wouldn't have surprised me. And obviously this is a pure speculation, but during those fifteen twenty minute times where he was gone, probably sipping on something, he was also trying to conjure something up, like hey, I've got people here. Yeah, it's like you've wanted just like you want house I've got the people here for you.
Speaker 2: It's really sort of a it's really sort of a haunted meets eyes wide shut type vibe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what the hell that dude's doing behind closed doors?
Speaker 2: Was he Was he disappearing just to drink or was he disappearing into a passageway to drink and torture somebody that he's got in there?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You hear like somebody said, you talk so much about the house and like if the house doesn't like you, you're kicked out in two years, YadA YadA. And they said, well, don't you think it's disrespectful to the house to have these tours and like have all these strangers coming into the house. And he was like, if you help the house, the house helps you. And I was like, what the fuck does that mean? If you help the house, the house helps you, How are you helping the house?
Speaker 2: The ambiguity? And I think that's just it, man. It's like he I think you're right. He would love to invite that kind of stuff in there. He wants you to be supplying the scariness. He I think he's got it on his mind. I'm not going to sell this place as a scary house. But everybody's gonna say it's scary anyway, so I don't have to. But he still pushes it, you know what I mean. And so that's what it is to me. And it's like, again, I wouldn't doubt that if you stayed in that place overnight you might see something weird again, because it doesn't have to be necessarily a ghost in the sense that everyone's talking about. This could just be weird trapped energies from weird lifestyles in that house and weird murder there.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, listen to some of this stuff that comes up here, guys, and then this actually puts. When you listen to the Wikipedia, you learn more than when he was talking about it, which is this is how quickly you can learn interesting facts about this place. So obviously this is according to Wikipedia. But on January fifteenth, eighteen eighty one, so nineteen eighty one, you know the whole story I had already told about the daughter, but Tinaman's fifteen year old daughter, Emma, succumb to diabetes, which he did bring up the diabetes thing, and then the property saw second death with the elderly mother who died then three years later they bury three more children, giving rise to speculation that there was more deaths than met the eye. Could that have been the bones, the old bones that were found in the house when they were trying to build the church. Three more kids died, that's a lot. So during that time, to distract Louise, who was Tiedeman's wife, from all the deaths in the home, they began more construction on the home, adding a ballroom which runs the entire fourth floor of the manor, which is where we were at up top.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: They also added turrets and gargoyles to add to the edifices facade, giving the more pronounced castle appearance at that time. So there was rumors that there was hidden rooms and passageways used for bootlegging during prohibition, but none of these rooms have ever been found to exist, other than a small stairway that was used by servants from the kitchen which is in the basement. Guys, we were talking about this to the front door, and those are the stairs that are extremely narrow that I was talking about. Basically, you're going to die if you on these things and you have any sort of problem. Then Louise died of liver disease in eighteen ninety five and she was only fifty seven years old. Then Hans sold the house to the Mallhall Halls her family in nineteen oh eight, and the entire Tedament family was dead, leaving no one to inherit his considerable personal wealth. Interesting, so there's rumors that crimes were committed by Hans Tiedeman himself, and that contributes to the Franklin Castle's reputation to this day. But none of those were disclosed, none of those were talked about, and they don't talk about any of them here. Then in the middle years from nineteen twenty one to nineteen sixty eight, which they considered the Middle Years, which is a quite large chunk of time, it was the home to various German cultural organizations. James Romano, who lived there in nineteen sixty eight with his wife and six children, reported several encounters with ghosts in their home and attempted exorcisms, and even ghost hunting groups like the Northeast Ohio Northeast Ohio psych Psyche Psychical Research Society investigate the castle. In nineteen seventy four, the Romanos decided to leave the house and sold to the Sam Musculato, and he planned to turn it into a church, and that's when what we found out about the bones. Right to raise money for the church, though he did haunted house tours and overnight stays in the castle. Human bones were found in a closet in nineteen seventy five, but it is also believed that they were planted by that owner looking to gain publicity for the ghost tours on the property. Oh guys, all that stuff was left out of our tour. He didn't mention a single bit of that. He played into those bones being found just as much as the guy who probably planted him there. In eighty four, Michael Devinko, Judy Garland's fifth and last husband, purchased the Franklin Castle, immediately started making renovations to the house, and over the next ten years he spent close to one million dollars renovating the castle. He even went as far as to track down some of the original furnacings for the castle. But then he decided to put the house up for sale in nineteen ninety four. So what happened with this guy, There's no two years there. That was a ten year span eighty four to ninety four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was probably into some dark shit brought the house life.
Speaker 2: He did talk about That's what I said. The house must have liked him because he was like, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: There was a series of owners for the past thirty years. The castle was empty from ninety four until ninety nine until Michelle him Burger bought the castle and the carriage house for three hundred and fifty thousand dollars using part of her Yahoo stock. She was one of the company's early employees. She's also a native Clevelander. She's fascinated with the home and person purchased it with intentions of restoring the building to its former glory. But unfortunately, that same year fire badly damaged the castle. Even though extensive repairs were done, the house restoration could not be completed. Now what's interesting about that, guys, is they talk about nothing about the fire being set by a human being who said that this place is evil. But we picked that up on the tour. Interesting in two thousand and four, Okay.
Speaker 7: Same Hamburger, h ei mbu r Ger Hamburger.
Speaker 3: So she's German too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In two thousand and four, there were rumors that the Franklin Castle was going to be completely renovated and turned into the Franklin Castle Club, But in two thousand and six the entire club was proven to be a complete sham. They never did any repairs, they never did anything, and pictures on the website were either close up shots of architecture or stolen from other websites. So they never did anything. And there was also no evidence that castle had ever been used to shoot pornography. So that's a rumor that a lot of people have heard, and I have heard that it looks like.
Speaker 3: They're shooting some now in that bunker up there.
Speaker 1: Around this time, the huge sea up.
Speaker 2: There, guys, it could be, it could be.
Speaker 1: Around the building was cleaned and the pair pit the left side of the side was rebuilt according to a eighteenth century design. Now the property was damaged again in mark of twenty eleven when the carriage house was damaged in a fire, which maybe he brought that up when he went out to the carriage house, but we never made it that far. So now, in twenty eleven they rezoned the Franklin Castle to allow it to be a three family family dwelling, and that sale was pending. European Tapestry artist Shiara Donna Dale purchased it for twenty eleven for two hundred and sixty thousand dollars. The Cleveland Building and Housing Department issued a permit for residential exterior alterations in twenty twelve, and local news reported that the buyer intends to convert the building into three family homes and the dwelling into two of the spaces. Following several years of historic renovations, the owners announced single night accommodations were available for guests starting December twenty fourth, twenty twenty two. For Everyone's information. March eighteenth, twenty sixteen, Paranormal Lockdown featured the Franklin Castle on an episode of its first season. On March fifth of twenty twenty, Franklin Castle was featured on the fifth episode of season nineteen of Ghost Adventures, which was on the Travel Channel, and on November nineteenth, Franklin Castle was featured on episode for season two of The Holtzer Files, which aired on the Travel Channel.
Speaker 2: Interesting, so there you have it.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, Brian, It's a bunch of maloney? Or you can no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean granted one that would mean that I'd have to take everything for face value on Wikipedia, which you really can't do. But I also don't think that they are full of crap here. A lot of this stuff matches up with what we've heard. Anything about why you never heard the ending of the bones from the closet that really he didn't mention. You know. Sometimes there's a thing called lying through omission. Oh yeah, and we all know what that means. We all know what lying through omission needs. Lying through a mission is you know something you're purposely not telling it because you know the consequences of what it is that you're about to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, but.
Speaker 1: The person's eyes the second you tear me.
Speaker 3: Out, Brian. Let's just say that the Franklin Castle over time has gained some attraction based on some ghost stories and like the hitchhiker story you told, right, so they want to run with that, but they're allowing people to stay there overnight, so they want to up the ante a little bit. Now Here comes the weird like artifacts that we saw in the Sexy Jesus picture and the Pagan Festival records and the weird little rock formations. And then you get up and it's like my brother said, to like this weird eyes wide shut scene in the attic ballroom where they have a huge kingside bed right in the middle of the ballroom for no fucking reason. They got the triangle with the all sing eye all over the attic, a big old bathtub up there, and they have video cameras, So you tell me they're not trying to channel some shit in there to like up the ante a little bit for when people come over to stay. It didn't even have to be a haunted house. You could go to anybody's house and start doing weird like rituals and shit and get some fucking dark entities up in that motherfucker. That's all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know honestly how any of that works. But something I do like to think about is, you know, it's not just buildings that become haunted. Sometimes you hear about people that become haunted no matter where they go. They're seeing things. And we could say, hell, okay, it's psychological or it is what it is. But what are you playing with, what are you trying to bring around? What are you trying to do? And if you do do those things, are you convincing yourself to change as a person, or are you really inviting things into yourself? You know, I don't know one way or the other. I really don't, But I do know that when you dabble with certain things and you want certain things to be true, and what's the difference, it starts to become reality.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I just read a story about two people in India who convince themselves of some They were involved in some kind of cult and they needed their heads to be chopped off and put into fire. They set up some sort of weird thing, some weird ritual where they created a guillotine and had a hill that went down into a fire, chopped their own heads off together and had it roll into the fire in some sort of cult ritual. What's the difference, what's the difference?
Speaker 3: Maybe they needed what's it called? Brian a volunteer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think to Brian's point, you think about it when you know that you've heard the term perception is reality, and when someone's got you tied up in a basement, whether their perception is reality or not, I promise you you're in reality and there's some crazy ass fucking shit happened to you, whether it's based on anything real or not they think it is, and some people can be doing some crazy ass shit. And that's why I said, the most fun I've been having out of this whole thing is coming up with all of these cool stories about what that guy is doing in that house. Is he is the the the idea that he's a ghost giving tours in that house, the idea that when he goes, we're laughing and saying he's going to drink, but really he's going to torture some dude he's got tied up in the you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but think about it like, this is the real verbs. This is the real verbs. Like and they're like, oh, they're Satan worshippers and da da da. And then they go in the house and they're like, I don't know, it seems kind of normal. And then they find all those fucking bones in his trunk. This is the real verbs.
Speaker 2: Fun to think about. The house doesn't necessarily need to be haunted to be cool. Way it's awesome, but man, it's creepy as hell. If you just want to go experience something super creepy, go yeah.
Speaker 1: Essentially, I think it's great. Okay, this is the advice I'd give anybody before they go one eat before you leave. Two. Understand that the tour is going to be way longer than one our so be prepared for that. Bring a snack, Bring a water. My god, he'll probably not let you bring it in, but bring it anyway. Be prepared to be there for a long time. Don't make plans afterwards. Know that you're going to be there a long time. Start looking at the things there, but learn the history of the house before you get there, and then ask educated questions and see how he answers them. Like listen, like read the Wikipedia page, watch some documentaries, watch the shows, and then when you're there, be like, where did this happen? Oh wait a second, didn't they find out that that owner was planting those bones in the closet? If he starts going, hey, you know you got it, know you got him exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sort of view the tour like this, The house is the opening act, the guy give and the tour as the headliner. He's who you're going to see. That's the real show. The house is kind of this cool thing that goes on around this freaking creep. Oh if in the tour and like just go with an open imagination for what that dude's up to, and you will have a blast.
Speaker 3: Even the way he said, like, my name is Yan's it's jeans, but with an I and no A, And I was like, so, it's not jeans at all. What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: He's like a character from Zoolander.
Speaker 3: It really was. So if you're gonna right the tour one out of ten skulls, I'm giving it five skulls.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting because I even thought about that before, like where I'd rate it one to ten and I'd say four.
Speaker 2: Out of ten, four skulls.
Speaker 1: But my that's because I went into it blind, and I think I would have liked it more if I knew what I was getting into, because I would have been prepared for more of the history, and I wouldn't have gotten angry, and I wouldn't have been like I would have known. Okay, he's going off on his little tie rates. Here he goes, I expected this, blah blah blah blah blah. But the fact that I didn't expect that and I thought it was going to be one hour that really lit me up. And the fact that he did not thank me for coming out and after I was like, thank you for you know everything, blah blah blah blah, and he didn't say anything back. I'm like, that rubbed me the wrong way. For four skulls out of.
Speaker 3: Ten brother ten skulls.
Speaker 2: This was easy for me. Ten skulls.
Speaker 3: You're giving it ten skulls.
Speaker 2: Ten skulls. Want to know why I'm giving it ten skulls because at this point, I am completely convinced that at some point on that tour, I was within ten feet of someone bound and gagged and tied up for reason, and.
Speaker 1: Ten skulls you're giving its because you hit ten hits human skulls somewhere and not somewhere, and they're going to find out it was planned to get to get no, because that's when Rom up some attention. He listened.
Speaker 2: It has to be that, because it has to be either he's really a ghost giving that tour, or there's really people tied up in that house and he's torturing them and giving the tour while he's doing it because he's not afraid of the police. But I'm saying it's his way of taunting the police that I get like, I could picture him BTK style standing in a courtroom, being like, yes, I gave.
Speaker 9: One hundred and twenty seven tours while I had people tied up in the closet. Nobody who they thought I was going to drink because I kept on rubbing buben under my neck right here to throw them.
Speaker 2: And so therefore my answer stance ten skulls.
Speaker 3: Ten skulls, Okay, I mean that that is a very good rating, ten out of ten skulls. I give it five skulls just because I would have liked to finish the tour in a timely manner.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's true. That's true too. Yeah, I guess I'll remove one skull for him. I'll give it nine skulls. Removing one skull because he tried to tell us that it was going to be five minutes behind the castle and then immediately changed it to fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: By the castle.
Speaker 3: That's got a cost at least one.
Speaker 10: Come on, when you do that, you lose a skull immediately, you know what the older I get, guys, And I don't know why this surprises me, because I've always said attention is today's currency, But the reality is attention.
Speaker 1: Has always been a currency. It's worth more than the almighty dollar and everywhere you go. You know what, I'd almost say they always say the answer to ninety nine out of one hundred questions is money. I'd almost say it the answer to ninety nine out of one hundred questions is attention. I mean you go back like you just every politician, everything they say is for attention, Everything they do is for attention. Most people out here are doing most of the things for attention. I mean say, I'm ping this podcast for some sort of attention. But think about it. Everything is worst kind of attention, right, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: That is greazy. Comes with attention.
Speaker 2: What usually comes with attention money money, And that's what it is. When you see people seeking something like that, you can almost always trace it back to money to some degree. And again you're like, not all attention comes with money, but generally, when you get that attention, if you can harness it, it comes with money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it doesn't matter how you get it. So many people get mad because there's like nefarious ways of getting attention, like oh, this serial killer killed one hundred people. Oh he's such a horrible person. I'll buy his book, I'll watch The documentary was on don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Well, what what's old saying? What's the old saying?
Speaker 2: No press is bad press, all press is good press, All press is good press. There you go. So it's like, that's that's exactly what that saying means as long as they're talking about you. That's why I always used to think it was funny with the paparazzi. People like Britney Spears would be like, just leave me alone, and you're sitting there thinking if they left you alone, you'd be dying for them to be taking a picture of you right now.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: They're the whole reason you exist.
Speaker 1: Yes, pop out? Oh oh it was horrible. What happened? Did you get that on camera? Did you did you get did you quote that?
Speaker 3: I just thought of a of a screenplay too. What if going on your idea, people go to let's say the Franklin Castle in this movie for a one hour tour, and the tour just keeps going on and on and on, and they get to like four hours and five hours in and then they all start breaking off and looking for ways out, and they just find more rooms and they find more hallways that lead to nowhere, and they keep trying to get out, and they can't, and they always find their way back to the tour guide and he's like, let me tell you about this oriental paper goes on and on and on and they just can't get out, and the movie ends and it's just them in the in the window and they're the woman in black.
Speaker 1: Now not a I will say to all listeners, to my listeners and to your listeners. I think your listeners will like this a little bit more. But there was a book written, and you have to read the book because you can't make a movie out of it because the way the book's written. And you'll know what I'm talking about if you've ever head, but Michael, this guy named Michael Daniel, Daniel Luski or Daniel something like that, wrote a book called House of Leaves. And if you're not going to get an audio book on this, guys, it does not exist because it wouldn't do it justice. But if you read House of Leaves, it is one of the craziest books I've ever read in my entire life. There's no other way to preface it, there's no other way to talk about it. But it's about a house, and there's it's about so much more than this house. But it's about a house. And when you measure it from the outside, it's certain dimensions, but when you measure it from the inside, for some reason, the outside dimensions are three quarters of an inch larger, no matter how you account for what's inside the walls or how deep the walls are, what's going on with the walls. Then they get inside this door and there's this labyrinth in there. It's an unending labyrinth of just levels that go down and in and out, and it's pure pitch black and it's nothing. You can just your voice echoes in it. And it's just this expanding space within this three quarters of an inch and you don't know how it got there or why it's there. And they're trying to do a documentary of like how deep is this going to go? And what's gonna happen in it? And I'll just read the book. It's just like that. It's freaking insane. House of leaves.
Speaker 4: Look look what this see and this is why I give it ten skulls. Look at the creepiness that this has brought us to, just telling these weird stories about just from like what that guy could be in that house or the possibilities of that. I'll even just say one more quickly. Think about the last couple.
Speaker 2: What if the guy's whole plan, What if the whole plot of the whole thing is to make the tour last so long that people just start going, I'm sorry, dude, I can't I just can't go. Like we left, then those people followed us. At the end of every tour, there's always one person that loves the castle so much that they stay for the whole tour, and they get added to the castle.
Speaker 3: All the ghosts are the ghosts, and the tour got.
Speaker 2: The tour is the last the last person standing that's like, I love this place. They kill them and make them a permanent part.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, house absorbs them.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: See, I'm glad we have all this documented. I'm gonna write at least two of these screenplays.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that would be such a good movie.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I'm saying. See, so that's cool. Tense golds. It's tense goldworthy just because of the creepy vibes it gives up to give you ideas.
Speaker 3: Like true true. But you know, if you think about it, like I wonder what he said after we left, Like, how do you justify how long you've been going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you think he was like apologetic and being like I'm so sorry, like you know?
Speaker 1: Or was he like those jerks I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they're gone.
Speaker 8: They must not appreciate architecture. Some people just don't understand, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man, you really can't describe what that tour was unless you just take it.
Speaker 3: It was a ghost tour, but like in more ways than one.
Speaker 1: It was a ghost tour if you like, remove ghosts.
Speaker 3: And shut up Brian.
Speaker 1: On an adventure. If you remove like fun and you remove ghosts and you remove.
Speaker 3: It's fun now that it's over.
Speaker 1: No, it was. It was a great experience.
Speaker 3: It'll be a forever memory.
Speaker 1: I actually don't regret one bit of it. But yeah, did you guys.
Speaker 3: Have weird stuff in the photos you took?
Speaker 1: No? Remember I wasn't allowed to take.
Speaker 3: Photos your nose, did you, brother?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a picture of two weirdos. I sent it to you guys.
Speaker 1: It was YouTube.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, the.
Speaker 3: Mirror decapitated body behind us or anything?
Speaker 2: No, No, I honestly there was. But but to Brian's point, there were a couple of places in the house where I did feel creeped out. I will say that there were some creepy places, and there were at least two. There were those two rooms where there was a there was an actual you could feel the different in temperature. Yeah, just those two rooms. It was.
Speaker 1: It was significantly colder in those.
Speaker 2: Two rooms for no reason.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So I'll give it. I'll give it that as well.
Speaker 3: Did you get the creeps in the Pagan festival room?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah, I thought it was very creepy in.
Speaker 1: The only other thing I'm going to add to this, and I did this to my sister on the way home because her little bitch ass never wants to She's the type of person that's like, will you drive me? You know, parking parking is probably gonna be a bit. It's like, you just don't want to drive. Come on. But I'm driving her home and I looked at her and I go, don't look in your rear view mirror because one of the ghosts and spirits probably followed you back and it's going to be sitting in your back seat while you're driving home. And she goes, shut your fucking mouth right now, shut your mouth, Brian, I don't want to hear about that. I said, Oh no, it's definitely going to happen. I could tell that they were definitely checking you out throughout the entire tour, and the probably latched onto you like I've seen in so many horror documentaries. And she goes, she goes, just shut up right, it's so stupid, so stupid that you'd even say something so stupid. God, that's stupid. I'd drop her off. And I go and I start.
Speaker 3: Looking in my rear view mirror and I go.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I'm scared myself. I kept thinking there was gonna be somebody in my rear view mirror sitting in my bag seat, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. And I'm like, God, damn it. And so I get back to the house and I'm by myself, and I'm like, all right, I'm closing my door. I'm closing my door. I'm gonna be fine. I'll leave one light on. I'm good, nobody's in. And the heat had kicked on or something, and all of a sudden I hear boom because the door had expected like because of the pressure difference in the room boom. Dude. I jumped out of my sheets all because of that stupid tour with the no ghosts, and I scared myself. Then I got back into bed. I was perfectly fine after that, but I had I totally freaked myself out. Ladies and gentlemen, Julie.
Speaker 2: That's why I say this is a heat. You gotta go four stars to six stars now, or skulls. You gotta take it to six skulls.
Speaker 3: I will take it to eight. You go, I will take it to eight skulls. And I'll tell you why, because now that he said that, it adds a whole nother dimension to what happened to Britney and I. When we got home. What so, you know, she's upset, and then she's like talking about how upset she is all the way one hour drive from Cleveland back to her house. And she lives in the middle of nowhere, literally no neighbors, no street lights, nothing, so no not even yeah, she has no Wi Fi. Nothing. So we pulled back up to her house and we all got out of the car and put our jammis on and she had made a bedroom up for me to sleep in the extra bedroom. But I'm I'm scared to death of doing anything like that and sleeping by myself in a dark room. So I was like, I'm going to sleep on the cow and JJ was scared, so she went and slept in the bed with Britney that night. And I'm by myself in the pitch black living room, and every creek, every whisper of the wind, everything, I was just like, oh, like all night, like I couldn't sleep, but I finally fell asleep and I was like, nothing followed us out of there. We should be good. I think we're probably good. And then the next morning, Brittany wakes up and she was like, I had nightmares all night last night that I was walking through the house and trying to get out, and every door I opened led to another hallway to another door, and I was And then we talked to Kim and she was like, I had nightmares all night last night that I couldn't get out of the house. And I was like, oh my god, we're I'm gonna die. So I mean it does like that's a forever memory that you don't forget about. That's like having a haunted house experience as a family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very true. I didn't get a chance to be scared like that. I came back to the city downtown and was stepping over urine.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you didn't even have the little bit of creeps.
Speaker 2: I didn't have time to be creeped out.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was busy trying to feed the meters on my void. The parking bands downtown, oh my god, which is scarier than any haunted house there is dealing with parking bands downtown.
Speaker 3: But at least we know the tour guide is not a ghost because the restaurant we went to afterwards said that he's a frequent visitor of the bar.
Speaker 2: Well we knew that.
Speaker 1: Surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were all sitting there talking about it, and I said the joke about he said his name was Jeans, but with no J and an I and no A, and we all started laughing like that's not Jeans. And then the waitress comes up and she goes, oh, you're talking about out yawns. He comes to the bar all the time, and we all were like, what, of course he does. At least we know he's real.
Speaker 2: Well, now we know. We were talking shit and that was all his friends. We were talking shit in.
Speaker 1: Front of dude.
Speaker 3: The waitress. She was like, so you wouldn't do it again, like even just for like the experience of it, And we were all like, nah, but that was like the heat of the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would do it. If they would lock me in for one hour, I would just do one hour by myself walking around.
Speaker 3: That's how I was a self guided tours.
Speaker 2: Self guided one hour tour.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's throw it all out there. Let's throw it all out there. Let's see where you guys, really where your allegiances really lie. If I came to you and said, I'm going to spend the night in the Franklin Castle, I have a room, we have up to four people and a Ouiji board.
Speaker 2: Oh damn are you or.
Speaker 1: Are you out?
Speaker 3: I'm in minus Theuigi board. You're in minus, I'm in Minus Luigi.
Speaker 1: Well, how are we gonna communicate?
Speaker 3: We're just gonna We're gonna do like an EVP sash, like, turn the recorder on our phone and go around and ask questions and then listen to the audio back later.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, well.
Speaker 2: I bet you I know what one of the voices are gonna say. You're a pussy, You're a pussy. Get the Ouiji board out and we are gonna summon some demons, baby, and we're gonna go right into the dense dark room with the pagan They're gonna summon demons.
Speaker 3: I'm in for the sleepover minus Luigi brothers.
Speaker 2: All right, well fine, I'll bring rbs. Then instead, it's either a Wiji board or some really good chicken tenders for Marby's. Okay, that's it. That's all.
Speaker 3: I'll take a beef and sheddar. But are you are you in for the sleepover with or without Oigi board.
Speaker 2: I'll show up either way. If for me, which pajamas am I gonna bring? That's all I'm working.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna Are you gonna partake in the investigation? Are you gonna sit there the whole time and crack jokes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I will partake. I'll partake and crack jokes at the same time. I can walk in cho gumps. There's no problem at all.
Speaker 1: I would I would, You know, I haven't done it. I don't think I've done a Wigi board in twenty years, but I would probably do it. Just put my hands God Brian, yeah at her, and then I'd be like, are you moving it? Or am I moving it? Are you moving it? Or am I moving it? It's moving yet, Oh my god, I'm not moving it. And then somebody else I'm not moving meanwhile, spelling things and all our ad ds like now win and pick up any of that. That's all generish to me. What is that German? Are you starting?
Speaker 3: Is that German for fark?
Speaker 2: Suddenly in the corner of the room, we summoned Yams and he's like, did you call me?
Speaker 1: I'd be like no, no, no, no, go back, come back.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, no, yarns.
Speaker 5: God, did I show you the toilet that was installed in twenty fourteen and has nothing.
Speaker 3: To do about that?
Speaker 1: The toilet seat is heated.
Speaker 4: I got it from all my tomsail and that's nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh it's important from a place called what do you call China? Oh my god, I got these.
Speaker 4: Look at these hundred and fifty year old towels. They came from a place called bed bath.
Speaker 1: And beyond.
Speaker 3: All, let's put some ribbon on ribbons on this though, the Franklin Castle, I think it could potentially be haunted. I think it's worth going on the tour. If you're listening to this episode and you know what to expect, and you clear out your afternoon and you eat like you said Brian beforehand. And honest to God, the next person who goes on the tour, they need to like be the douchebag to say can we go onto the next room, or like can you cut this like somebody needs to edit.
Speaker 2: Actually here here, you want to ribbon this thing up. I will ribbon this thing up. Don't take tour.
Speaker 1: Don't take the tour.
Speaker 2: Don't even think about taking the tour. Stay in the house overnight. Boom, wait, don't about taking the tour. You will get a much better experience if you can get sealed up in that house by yourself for any length of time. I think that would be I.
Speaker 1: Do wonder because they do ghost tours there. I wonder if he avoids talking anything about ghosts until unless you pay the one ghost tour fee.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, he doesn't want.
Speaker 1: The thirty five dollars fee. Is just I'm gonna walk you around and talk about renovations. But the one nine pm to two am ghost tour, right, which, by the way, I believe probably goes till ten o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they'd still be there. They'd still be there that is noted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brankfast is not provided.
Speaker 2: I think that's the point. Though. The more time you can spend in the house unsupervised, I think the better that that that. I think that's when you'll start feeling energies, having more opportunities to see things that I that's so, that's what I would say. My advice would be, just stay in the house. If you're really that interested in it, just stay there for a night.
Speaker 3: I agree, without a Wiji board, yes.
Speaker 2: Or however you decide to do it.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, with that being said, I'm ready to wrap everything up. I appreciate every I appreciate everybody, uh going on this tour with us, the verbal tour, which I actually think will hopefully be a little bit more interesting than the actual tour probably so, and bring your earbuds with you and just listen to us talk this crap as you walk around the actual house. It would be a phenomenal tour. Idea. Uh, that'd be that the genius. But I appreciate everybody coming on, and I appreciate you coming out. How was your How was your trip by the way before week before.
Speaker 3: We go, Oh, I thought it was great. I thought it was some good bonding time. I got to see my brother more than I did for most of my life in this short week. He actually hung out with me every day while while I was up there. And I think there's something to be said about like our family is small, but we're really close and we all like love the same stuff too, because a lot of people have to like take their friends on ghost tours or something, but we're all like into it and we're all like, let's do it together and that that's like forever memories and stuff. I think it was great.
Speaker 1: I did too, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And let's do it again. Man, Like I said, believe in ghosts or not, if you spend time with your family, I'm all for it to day.
Speaker 3: Let's get locked in an insanitorium next time.
Speaker 1: But whether whether we're alone with your family and out and you feel like you need to stop and get a little bit of a drink, or let's say you're giving a tour and hell, it's been twenty minutes since your last drink and maybe you he just sneaked off into the level of room and get another one. When do you do it? Just do it in the name of Cleveland. Schwell, and I'll tell you what, as long as you do it in the name of Cleveland swell. We appreciate you, and we'll see you next time time, and