Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, Ed, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 1: I'm now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Yes Rod right, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, so wakey, wakey, hands off sneaky Rod Ryan's show Getting Things Underweight throw Back Thursday. Indeed great music for you to vote on all morning long. Winning song played today at nine point thirty Ashley with an e Y going for win number two, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge Nine Inch Nails. All signs are leading to that show sold out yesterday immediately. Everyone emailed me said they were trying to get tickets and they couldn't. Everything is on the secondary market right now. We have sold out nine and Snails tickets for you on your fun Fact flashback Homeroom better be tuned in, okay, Robbeo Houston tickets coming up at seven twenty Read my lips. Alex is the timekeeper Chili versus listener hope at a twenty. I need you guys to send me word suggestions all morning long. Email me directly wrought at the buzz dot com, Monster Jam tickets on Know the Show and so many things we got to cover today on the show Dense Fog advisory until eight o'clock today. We've got some thunderstorms coming. It's low chances of rain right now, but it's going to kick up right at around ten o'clock and it's in the seventies outside right now. It's weird. I think that's probably the reason for the fog. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning, Ride morning, home room. Terrible news to start.
Speaker 4: US Office Marrion passenger jet and an Army helicopter collided in the skies last night near Reagan Airport in Washington, DC, sending both aircraft crashing into the nearby Potomac River.
Speaker 1: The planer is traveling.
Speaker 4: From Wichita, Kansas, with a reported sixty four people on board. In the helicopter was a US Army black Hawk that was on a training flight with three soldiers on board.
Speaker 1: Of that one.
Speaker 4: Crash happened around eight fifty Eastern time. First responders were quick to get onto the scene. They sent divers in there almost immediately, but they've not found any survivors and the incident has closed Reagan Airport until later this morning. Just just tragic stuff that happened last night pretty late, right before I was going to bed, and I was pretty bummed out going to bed now that step.
Speaker 1: Water is so cold. That, yeah, that they're doing the searching for right now.
Speaker 4: The Defense Departments Intelligence Agency has paused the observances of Black History Month and ten other events for the agency, and a memo released yesterday, the department announced that along with Black History Month that is set to begin Saturday, the agency is also pausing the observance of things like Pride Month, Holocaust Day of Remembrance, Women's Equality Day, Women's History Month, National Hispanic Heritage Month. Pretty much all of the heritage months are being paused. The instructions are a response to Donald Trump's ban on diversity, equity, and inclusion. And I don't know one hundred percent of what all of that means, but they will not be observing that. Yeah, it doesn't mean you can't observe it. That just means the Defense Department will not be observing it is what I got from all of that. And lighter news of recent study says that breakups are harder on men than they are on women. Oh maybe, According to this study, it's because men tend to rely on their partner for most of the emotional supports that they get while women also get that from their friend groups. They found that men are more likely to see relationships as being beneficial to their overall well being, and that they get more mental and physical benefits in those relationships than women typically do. Men are also more likely to report feelings of sadness and loneliness after a breakup, although I don't know if I believe that's that men are also more or less likely to initiate those breakups, so that could contribute to this as well. The study showed that seventy five or seventy percent of divorces and breakups are initiated by women. So hang in there, fellas, it's tough time.
Speaker 1: Of the year. Chicks got more options after they break up. Yeah, way more options.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And dude, it's just me.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna find anybody over again.
Speaker 4: Last week we talked about Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan posting a photo of the two of them dressed like their characters from the movie When when Harry met Sally, we said that we thought it might be for a Super Bowl ad.
Speaker 1: Turns out we were right.
Speaker 4: Rod The two are going to recreate their iconic diner scene for the Super Bowl ad for Hellman's Mayonnaise, and the commercial is also going to fature a cameo from one Sydney Sweeney, so keep your eyes on that one on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 1: The Fire Aid Benefit Concert is tonight.
Speaker 4: It's going to take place the Key of for Him and the Intuit Dome in LA, and all proceeds are going to benefit victims of the California wildfires. It'll feature acts like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Billie Eilish, Dave Matthews Band, Jelly Roll and Moore.
Speaker 1: Late late note here, Dave Matthews just bowed out. It's got some fil it's got some family emergency. Remember it was a big deal because he was going to be playing with John Mayer and for some reason he had just had to bow out of that. So that's like a late note that just came over. Yeahn't even press release, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: The concert's gonna shown live on Apple, TV, Max, Netflix, Paramount Plus, Prime.
Speaker 1: Video, and YouTube.
Speaker 4: It'll also be streamed on more than eight hundred and sixty iHeart radio stations, which.
Speaker 1: Is how I will choose, including this.
Speaker 4: Listen to this, including ninety four five The buzz. It all starts at eight Those are you since headlines?
Speaker 1: All right, so you're gonna go with basketball news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rockets back in action tonight, trying to add to their four game winning streaking. They're gonna be in Memphis to take on the Grizzlies by another four and a half point underdogs heading into that one. Tip offs at eight thirty, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. All right, we're gonna be very, very busy this morning, very busy. First phone call of the day. You've had no one calling right now, so I know these phone lines are open seven one three two one two five nine four five. You want the first phone call, come get it. The most interactive show on the radio starts right ninety four or five buzz Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. That's an awesome way to get things rolling on this throwback Thursday. Wakey, wakey, hands off, sneaky. We are going to be crazy, crazy busy this morning. Dense fog advisory, you're going to notice that. And then the other thing that's just so weird. It's seventy one degrees outside, no jacket, no nothing, short sleeves. It's bizarre. Now, rain's coming at around ten o'clock. There's some low chances of rain right now, but rain's gonna come at around ten o'clock. So we got to go with an eighty percent chance of thunderstorms coming up later in this day. Hi today of around seventy three, Like I said, seventy one outside right now? Weird? All right, We're waking up to this horrible news in DC with this Plaine Klot collision with a black Hawk helicopter. That is awful. I know Ellis is gonna be following that all morning long. That will be our lead story in Houston's headlines. It's a terrible thing to wake up to, and it's it doesn't seem to be search and rescue. It just seems to be searching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no survivors have been found, and I feel like with the the temperature of the water that everybody would be in at that point, it just seems very I mean, hope, we're hoping for the best, but you've been underwater now.
Speaker 1: Shout out to those first responders and they got there quick.
Speaker 4: I saw like I was doing some podcast stuff last night, and at about like nine o'clock, I feel like I saw the first responders.
Speaker 1: Divers are on the scene right now. It was almost the immediate almost okay, so we're gonna be Unfortunately, we'd be following that all morning long. We are gonna do somewhat of a normal show today. Ashley came back in Our Lives yesterday with an e y Ashley. She won a couple of games last year. She's going for win number two fresh out of bed. Head to head. I'm gonna throw some concert tickets in there. I don't know if you took emails yesterday. Nine inch Nails sold out right away. I saw that people were saying rottled it nine. I just didn't know. I just didn't know what to expect. But yeah, the secondary market is where people are now buying tickets and they're getting just destroyed on this ticket price. So if you were lucky enough to get your nineties Nails tickets yesterday, great, good for you. If not, Homeroom, you're getting nine inch Nails tickets on the fun fact flashback now sold out tickets read my lips. I've got a bunch of people's here and I've got some great words coming in. Send of your word suggestions. We're gonna play read my lips today. We have Hope listener. Hope is coming in to take on the Chili. He said she was already trash talking him, which is fun. Great songs today on Throwback Thursday, I can't wait to do song clips. I love this song from the Refreshments. The song is called Bandidos. It is a fun song. It was a it was kind of a hit for a short period of time. The band still plays live, they still have a following. This song is awesome. Chili and I are gonna fight because he's gonna want Pod Southtown to be the winner. And then Monster Magnet is one of my favorite bands and Space Lord is always interesting when that's in there to see who remembers that. So we'll do song clips and winning song. We'll be asking you to vote all morning long on that. And then I got every full nine ringing today.
Speaker 5: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Chris, Good morning, Chris. Let's sake, you got in on the first phone call. What do you what do you got going on?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: Prayers to the families involved in the accident first of all, but I emailed you about the nine Snails tickets. Rod, we ended up geting fort Worth tickets, and we ended up getting Houston tickets.
Speaker 1: You bought tickets for both me and my wife. Hang on a second, Yeah, me and my wife. Hang on a second, Chris, We'll hold on. Take a big, deep breath, Chris, All right, you send me an email you ended up getting on the website. You bought tickets for the Houston show and for the Dallas show.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 6: Uh, we were in line for two hours and Toyota Center could not get tickets, so my daughter jumped on bought tickets in Fort Worth, and then two hours later we ended up getting some premium tickets in Houston.
Speaker 1: So, okay, let me ask follow up, follow up question when you say you were in line at the Toyota Center, like physically standing in a line at the box office winter.
Speaker 2: No, we were on axs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I didn't know if they were still doing old school box office tickets.
Speaker 2: No, we were in the lobby.
Speaker 6: We had to count and just kept getting bounced out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I heard that from a lot of people yesterday. There was a lot of frustrated.
Speaker 2: Always the same, Well, I mean, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of frustrated people yesterday. So you so you ended up, so you didn't. You got them through the ASX website, though you did not have to go through a scalper second tier broker website to get your tickets.
Speaker 6: Through Axcess and Center or face value tickets. But they were the premium tickets, so they're like first row. They're like section one sixteen or something.
Speaker 1: Can I ask what you paid for those?
Speaker 6: They were about three hundred face value plus whatever the ts were.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, so I don't know, it's all right, somebody's gonna be paying somebody's gonna be paying six seven hundred dollars on the secondary market for those nine inch nails sold out show. Well, thank you, Chris, thank you so much, and congrats. I'm getting both shows. My goodness, I'm jealous. Nine inch Nails. We will have sold out tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. So Homeroom, you're getting most of us Rock and al Tearn Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, and home room is a great place to be is I will be giving away sold out nine inch nails tickets today on the fun fact flashback. Now, the weather weather is a little tricky this morning. Number one dense fog advisory until eight o'clock. It's seventy one degrees outside. I don't think it knows what to do with that warm temperature, so it just fog everywhere. Now ten o'clock it gets a little nutty around here. Not many of you are getting much rain, but severe weather opens up around West Houston around ten passes over us here between noon and three, and then maybe it'll all come to an end at around five. But there is gonna be some wicked thunderstorms that are gonna be happening today starting when we use AMF and leave. So it's gonna be a little nutty out there this afternoon. Be careful. Looks like we got a beautiful weekend on tap, lots of sunshine. So what's trending?
Speaker 4: DC plane crash that's everywhere all over the place, and a lot of things attached to that are trending. A passenger plane collided with an army helicopter over Reagan Airport in DC. Both them crashed into the Potomac River, and it does not appear that they are any survivor's absolute tragedy to begin your morning or to end last night, depending on.
Speaker 1: How you found out about it. Lyft is also trending the ride share company. Did you see this story this week at all?
Speaker 4: A woman is suing Lyft because she was denied a ride from a driver for being too big.
Speaker 1: That enormous rapper. She is a huge one hundred and eighty nine pounds. She's a rapper from Detroit.
Speaker 4: She also was performing last night and fell on stage, so that's kind of gone viral now. But she was forty nine pounds. The driver was like, hey, I got bad tires. I don't think I can drive you yep, and she got mad. He was going to refund. He refunded her ride and everything. But she's suing Lyft for discrimination, so you can go. That's a that's a story that's training right now. And then RFK June is also trending. He is having his confirmation hearing.
Speaker 1: For the US Secretary of Health right now and people are talking about it, and that is all I have on that story.
Speaker 4: But that's what's training, and now I provide the buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, bring me Ashley with an ey please, Good morning everybody. Ashley with an ey is that I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion, And like Rod said, I'm calling out all you ladies get involved this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, join me on Thursday when I make it a win number two.
Speaker 1: Wait, it is seven one. If you want to get her off the air, you're gonna have to beat her.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Shows.
Speaker 1: Says ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show Tonic. If you could only see Rod Ryan's show throwback Thursday, I was happy Man, Monster Magnet in a quick lead. The lead's gonna change hands three times today. I'm predicting it now. It's gonna change hands more than the Bill's Chiefs Game. It's gonna go all over the place. Refreshments, Bandidos Pod, Southtown, Monster Magnet, Space Lord. After seven, we'll try to get to song clips because then we really got a zero in on read my lips. We got listener Hope coming in to take on the chili today. So before that, what do I need? I need your word suggestions. You guys are doing a great job. Keep emailing me Rod at the Buzz dot com. Also, and I didn't even ask. This is how great you guys are. I think everybody kind of knew that Tessa's job, one of her sub jobs on this show after co hosting, was to curate the questions for Read my Lips. Yes, I have turned to you guys to send me your questions, meaning the twins. I've been using questions that were sent to me by Radio Wizard of course, questions that I wrote. And I think that whole stack went in the garbage yesterday.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, yep, I saw I can resend them to you.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm covered because we got great listeners I got. Nicole sent me a bunch of questions, Mundo sent me a bunch of questions.
Speaker 4: Are you nervous that these maybe people that want to play and then they'll know their own questions as long as they're not playing.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable with using submitted questions as long as we're not playing and they're not related to these next two people. And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners. Nor did I tell them that I would be using their questions. I'm in an emergency situation here. I threw away something went in the garbage yesterday and that's just me. I got papers all over the place around here, Ashley with an e y good morning, good morning. How are you doing. I'm doing all right, scrambling as always. You know. It's just it's like a duck. You see the duck on the pond, and it looks calm and cool, but paddling like an MF underneath. That's me. You're going for win number two, Okay, taking on Daniel today, Danielle, Good morning, Rod. You haven't played in a couple of years. Huh, it's been a minute. Okay, Well, good to have you back. Dude, got some It seems to be an underlying story right now, people coming back to us after a couple of years playing the game. Good to have you back in there, Daniel. Ashley's only going for win number two. Anything can happen. I've got Saint Vincent tickets April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. Nothing's changed, Daniel, nothing's changed. I know you said it's been a minute. You just got a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, yes, sir, okay, Ashley, you ready, yep, either one of you guys know Mundo. I'm gonna use a couple of his questions today. Do you know Mundo? Daniel, No, Ashley. Okay, here we go. Question number one, shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Acorns come from? What kind of tree? What do you got on that? Alex Ashley by a biscuit? Ashley, by a biscuit? Ashley, An oak tree is correct answer? Okay, need you both just to kind of speak up just a little bit. You would have said an acorn tree. Why I don't play the game not wrong? Yeah, technically, Daniel, were you gonna say acorn tree? No, sir, I wasna tree. You would have been wrong. It's not an acorn tree. Oaks fall from an oak tree.
Speaker 4: Come on, guys, it doesn't seem like it's that crazy of an idea.
Speaker 1: I mean, apples do come from an apple tree? Right? Most trees have whatever the tree is name after fall off?
Speaker 2: Moondo?
Speaker 1: What are you trying to kill me with these questions? Next question, let's go Dan, you'll step it up. You were just I mean, you guys were right there. Question number two, what city is hosting the Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: Daniel?
Speaker 1: Oh, Daniel, New Orleans? It sure is, Daniel. You convincingly, convincingly beat her on that for the win. Oh god, Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Ashley and Daniel, what is the name of Alex's podcast? Daniel, Ashley, Sorry, I'm sorry? Wow, hang on, Daniel, what is the name of Alex's podcast? Hi? Three one? What the hell the game?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Boy, a time. Everyone's still in it. Everyone's still in it. I kind of hate everybody. They should both lose. Okay, good question, Munda, Daniel and Ashley. I'm going to Nicole's questions now, Munda, you're fired. Here we go. Shout out your name when you think a the Gravy podcast. By the way, the answer has passed the gravy. Everybody knew that. No they didn't, No one did. Daniel yelled out gravy at the last second.
Speaker 2: Gravy.
Speaker 1: Something with gravy, some good, pass me something. Here we go see if Nicole does better on her questions. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. In billiards, what color is the eighth ball?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 1: Daniel? W watch you win? Oh you know that.
Speaker 2: One on the podcast?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Ashley one slam clam you're right of here. Oh that sucks.
Speaker 8: That's okay, I already won yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, Ashley, hang on, hey, Daniel, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right, you lose.
Speaker 1: I'm dying. Thank god Alex is not playing read my lips today. He would be a terror. He's just gonna time. Keep all right, Daniel, you're invited to play tomorrow. Hang on, great, great game.
Speaker 5: You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: All right, ninety four five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. In the middle of that song, four minutes and fourteen seconds, right at around the two minute mark, Alex looks at me and says, eleven years of my life down the drain, nothing nothing. Oh gosh, what a start today. Welcome to Throwback Thursday. Everybody Dead's fog advisory going on until eight o'clock. We got some thunderstorms coming and some big time thunderstorms coming closer to around ten. So right now we're good, but eighty percent chance of thunderstorms. We're gonna be talking about the weather today. It's seventy one outside, it's pretty cold in this room. Fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody, This is Daniel. Like I said, it's been a minute since I've played this game, but I am you're fresh out of bed. Head to head one day champion. Sorry, Alex, keep.
Speaker 1: Doing that little gravy thing you're doing over there. It's pass the day, damn it doing.
Speaker 10: Me on three beer Friday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: For nothing? What a waste of every Wednesday in my life? Six hundred episodes one you know when yesterday is it not to day? Would know or care? Why do you even put it up? Six one hundred and one episode Nothing matters past the gravy. The guy that won did say gravy, not the name, but he said great name something with gravy. That's not the name of it. All right, listen, let's move forward. If somebody beat him now, please, we have coming up. I got sold out ninetage nails tickets. But first, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart in.
Speaker 1: Front of your body. It's the funk to the day. Hell, please tell me you went online and got us nineties nails tickets yesterday.
Speaker 9: I did not come on, Come on do I'd rather pay like eight hundred dollars for a.
Speaker 1: Ticket wingman ever heard of it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sold out? Yeah, sold out immediately. I didn't get the memo. All right, well here we go. I've got some new fun facts for you. And then the flashback nine inch nails number one every now and then, just to make Alex happy and how I like to bring in something for hockey and listen to this though, this is pretty fun for everyone. The Suitor family from Viking, Alberta, Canada. Seven boys, Darryl, the Suitors, you know, the Suitors. Six of them went on to be NHL players in the seventies and eighties. The seventh one won ten million dollars in the lottery. The Suitors are doing okay, I guess so. Yeah, and they were good players too, some of those boys were, they were They were all pros. Daryl was a coach to Darryl Suitor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Shaky's Pizza was founded by a guy named Sherwood Johnson. Apparently it's a Shaine. His nickname was Shaky because he got malaria during World War Two which left him with nerve damage and made him shake.
Speaker 2: That is fu.
Speaker 1: Whoa He leaned into it. He also had Wood and Johnson and his name Surewood Johnson you're right he did. My dad had a friend when we were little kids. His name was Buzz. His name literally translated state Yeah, Dick sure Wood Johnson. Yeah it does. So this guy Buzz that my dad was friends with, why was his name? Buzz? Had his thumb chopped off in a wood factory. Yeah, he had a stumbo. I mean some people lean into it. It's like, oh, that's mister Buzz, show me your thumb, all right? Before now, France abolished capital punishment in nineteen eighty one. I know that seems like a long time ago, but it's the eighties, Okay. In nineteen eighty one, executions were still carried out by the guillotine. That's neat. It started in the Friend Revolution and went all the way to nineteen eighty one. The guillotine the eighties. How that that's what they were doing. It's the fuck.
Speaker 11: That's to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny. Everybody's it's the fuck that's to the day. Okay. Sold out nine inch nails tickets September twelfth, Toyota Center. Here's my question. I can win them for us, right, Oh, you're gonna call into the station. I don't think you can do that. It's sure fun. Fun fact flashback, forty percent of twins invent this, and I've seen it in action. Heus even more bad because he knows the answer. Uh, that's the fun fact flashback. Forty percent of twins invent this seven one three, two, one two five nine four five called one of the twins.
Speaker 4: Now, it's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, nine is Nails was selling out. How'd we do on Wall Street yesterday? We're not gonna buy tickets here.
Speaker 9: The Dow, Yeah, the DALLO was down one hundred and thirty six points kick off this morning at forty four thousy, seven thirteen. Nasdaq was down one hundred and one to nineteen thousand, six hundred and thirty two. Benchmartin Your Treasures trading at a four and a half percent in oil stands at seventy two dollars fifty seven cents a barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Nike, IBM, and Walt Disney, the big duds, NA video Boeing.
Speaker 1: In salesforce on the economic calendar.
Speaker 9: This morning, we'll get numbers on pending home sales for December also gross domestic product numbers for the first quarter. Right now, futures slightly on the downside. Come on, turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 9: This is how Lam and An each director with the Rami James porking for the road rode show from Aramy James on San Philip and Gusta and don't forget toys rock out with the stockout.
Speaker 5: Aman's expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, Iron Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is run informational. It's based on the movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By YAM ninety four five buns, Good morning and welcome back Rod Ryan's show, all right, six fifty two huge ticket here. Oh, you don't want to mess this one up. It's your fun all right, Let's go over to Scott. He got through. Good morning, Scott, good morning fun fact flashback dude, it's a biggie for of twins invent this. What is the answer?
Speaker 12: Their own language?
Speaker 2: Winter sold out Nice Nails tickets. Dude, you're in.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I didn't know. I was asked on the show by Alex or somebody asked, Rod, do you think Nanish Nails is going to sell out? I don't like to live into my own world. In my own world, of course they're going to sell out. Nie Nails is one of the biggest bands. They're They're amazing. They haven't played in years. I think people want to see them. Yeah, I just isn't sure. And they did sell out immediately. Scott, you got tickets. Thank you, Thank you for being a part of Homeroom. Dude, bro six hundred and one episodes. You knew Alex's podcast the name was Past the Gravy, right. Don't play this game, absolutely absolutely, I don't. I'm just trying to make you feel better, Bro.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm never feel better ever. Scott, are doing it again, Scott said, of course I knew. You didn't ask you what the name was. Its eating them away over here, all right, we're DeFore denchblog advisory Today some severe thunderstorms are headed our way in around ten o'clock, so brace yourself for that. I don't know what that means. But it's seventy one outside right now, and we woke up to some terrible news. You said you heard about it last night, Yeah, Alex with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: A passenger jet and an Army helicopter collided in the skies over Reagan air over Washington, DC last night near Reagan Airport, sending both aircraft crashing into the nearby Potomac River. The plane was traveling from Wichita, Kansas, with a reported sixty four people on board. The helicopter was a US Army black Hawk that was on a training flight with three soldiers on board. The crash happened around eight to fifty Eastern time. First responders got there pretty quickly, but have not found any survivors, and the incident has closed Reagan Airport until later this morning. Former Senator Bob Menindez was sentenced to eleven years in prison yesterday for taking bribes of gold and cash and acting as an agent of Egypt. The seventy one year old claims that he is innocent and says he plans to appeal the decision. When addressing the court yesterday, Menendez tearfully said that he'd lost everything he cared about except for his family. He's been ordered to report to prison on June sixth. Talking to Super Bowl, Twix is offering to give people two bars of gold to not watch Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 1: This is pretty genius. Yeah, I love this idea.
Speaker 7: Do you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't sure how you would feel about.
Speaker 4: Marketing good marketing, and I will I will tip my ha when I see some good marketing.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody what Twist is doing.
Speaker 4: So, the candy company announce the contest that it's running during the Big Game, where viewers can go to their website.
Speaker 1: During each commercial break.
Speaker 4: So instead of watching the Super Bowl commercials, you're going to go to Twixt's website and you can compete in a staring contest. One lucky winner is going to receive two gold bars worth up to about one hundred and seventy thousand dollars. The screen people are going to look at is going to have two gold bars on it, and the website's going to keep track of how long you stare and how many commercial breaks that you participate in during the game. So by getting people to just watch their ad, they are keeping people from watching other people's ads.
Speaker 1: You're getting all their attention.
Speaker 4: I like the idea and like, why not try to do that for one hundred and seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You're getting You're hijacking everybody from watching other Super Bowl commercials you'll.
Speaker 4: Spent millions of dollars for. And you're like, no, we're not getting a super Bowl ad. We're gonna do it during the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It's now eight million in the thirty second squad brilliant, So it costs them not a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to take away from other people's millions of dollars by getting people to do this, And it's one hundred and seventy five so it's kind of.
Speaker 1: A hard concept to wrap your head around. We have a link up for it on links and guests and just know that it's pretty genius.
Speaker 2: I would love to.
Speaker 4: Track somebody that is going to like a Super Bowl party. Hold on, I gotta leave. They go to the other room and they put on their phone and they go to the Twigs website instead.
Speaker 1: You come right back head call it with the games back. It is. It is absolutely brilliant. Now good move twix. Does this music mean anything to you? Just listen? Absolutely not, dude, this fantasticating because I don't know about it. This show was huge. It's the theme song to Little House on the Prairie. Okay, do you know the show? I know the name of the show.
Speaker 4: I've never watched an episode that I couldn't tell you a plot line of it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we watched it all.
Speaker 1: It was a huge show. Netflix is bringing it back. Yes.
Speaker 4: Netflix is rebooting Little House in the Prairie, reviving the series they originally ran from nineteen seventy four till nineteen eighty three. People did stream the show more than thirteen billion minutes worth last year on Peacock. The Netflix execs says that the show is going to be quote part hopeful family drama, part epic's survival tale, and part origin story of the American West. There's no word yet on a cast or start date or the reboot. A new album for Slash featuring Miles Kennedy and The Conspirators looks like it's going to be delayed. They had planned on a release this year, but because of the band member's busy schedule, they had to go on a hiatus from the project. The band was reportedly already written the songs and recorded the instrumental parts. They just need to lay down the vocals and finish mixing everything. A spokesman for the band said that they are still hoping for a possible release date late this year, but it's more likely that you're going to get the new album in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Those are You since headlines. If you find yourself ever hearing people and they'll say something silly like rock is dead, go listen to Slash, Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators. Rock is so not dead. When these guys get together, they absolutely make magic these albums.
Speaker 13: Listen, Yeah, Miles Kennedy has just one of the sickest rock voices ever.
Speaker 1: When these guys make music, hits unbelievable. Go pick up the older stuff. I can't wait till this new album comes out. All right, let's shift gears. Let's go to Alex Now back to Alex in sports, Well, the Rockets are back in action today. They're trying to add to their four game winning streak. They'll be in Memphis to take on the Grizzlies. They're four and a half point underdogs in that game right now.
Speaker 4: Tip Off is at eight thirty and you can listen to the game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. I want to thank you guys. You're doing an amazing job of sending me word suggestions. I'm excited too, man. Listener, Hope is coming down. She's going to play Chile in Read my lips today, our fourth big week of inviting one of you to come in and play this very popular game. So she'll arrive sometime at around seven thirty eight o'clock. Hopefully she gets here before the weather breaks, because man, it is going to get nasty out there. At around ten o'clock today, I got some Cody Jinks tickets for you. Next hour, we'll talk Rodeo Houston closer to around seven to twenty. But keep sending me your word suggestions. Keep or keep voting on Throwback Thursday. As a matter of fact, Elie, you want to line up some song clips, we can do song clips after seven o'clock today and educate you about these songs that are up for voting on Throwback Thursday. Houston's rocking alternatives The rod.
Speaker 5: Last morning show from six to ten am, ninety four or five Subbuzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seventh Spot, everybody. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you very much. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes, by the way, Dense fog advisory. It's so thick you could spread it out a cupcake this morning. That's how thick the fog is. That's going on until about eight o'clock, the dense fog advisory. Then we've got we can thunderstorms coming through town. That's that's said to hit at about ten. Okay, Mother Nature doesn't work on our clock. That's just an estimate. So it's a little skanky out there right now. It's about to get worse though, Okay, So if you've got to be out and about, do it now, get after it and then ten eleven o'clock or you're not gonna want to be out there. One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. More of your beautiful faces have been added to the beer board. Chance to win a five chance to win five hundred dollars for the first three quarters and on the final score of the Big Game, which is coming up next, not this but next Sunday. Mile of Meat. I was thinking of pulling the plug on Friday as far as taking applications. Guys, if you want to be in the Mile of Meat, please get it. Get after that. And I also need you voting this morning, so even more interaction on the world famous Rob ryanshowpage at the buzz dot com. Who we voted on this week? Fab fuck down?
Speaker 2: You want to go?
Speaker 1: We could talk it out over drop a joke, okay, a couple of things. This is the Refreshments.
Speaker 2: That guy was a super model.
Speaker 1: The song is called Bandidos. Oh it's great. They're still active and they still do some kind of a festival in the desert somewhere. They've got like loyal fans. The thing that I think most people are going to know about this fan they do the theme song for King of the Hill.
Speaker 4: Trust to say Nothing, no one know how bust and never crap smot.
Speaker 1: It's in the last place. I think the Hank Hill thing's gonna help. It's got you. I'll get it. Not here we go. I take John Guards, he says it.
Speaker 7: Guy my ca.
Speaker 1: One hit wonder all the way.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of other songs, and like I said, they still have a following. It's in the last place right now, all right, chilly. If it was Boom, I'd say it was gonna be they were going to clean house. But it's POD's Southtown that's in there this week. This is gonna get Chili fired up. Though, to read my lips, Chili, I know your body. Pod is getting your vote today.
Speaker 14: Always always pod Man, yep, hope you better just turn around. Hope, turn around, go a little work or something else. Don't even bother coming in here right now.
Speaker 1: Hope you get your ass in here and you beat Chili today.
Speaker 2: You're hopeless right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Pods in second place, you better get your chili dogs on.
Speaker 2: It gets the maniacs, let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay, you better get them fired up, So refreshments the song Bandidos twenty of the vote, Pod Southtown thirty percent of the vote. What's in the lead here? Oh my boys, this song is so great, Monster Magnet space Lord, I've been stuffed in your pocket, Talladega Knights. You remember when Ricky Bobby, When Ricky Bobby finally gets his own car, he's on the track. It's the me car with the cougar on it, and they do that amazing shot of the camera coming up like a drone shot of the car. It goes through the back window, you see Ricky Bobby, and then the camera goes out the windshield. This song is what's playing during Talladega Knights. It's still, by today's standards, a pretty amazing shot in the movie, even with everything, even everything that they can do now, whatever Kid came up with that shot, it's still unbelievable when it happening. And then you got this amazing song. I love Monster Magnet. The first time I ever saw Kid rock at the House of Blues opened up for Monster Magnet. Yeah, yeah, you want to go see a cool video. You want to see a rock video. Oh, this video is phenomenal. Monster Magnet Space Lord in the lead right now with forty three percent of your vote. Chili has all the videos up where you vote. Oh, Chili, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Chili, that rock's too hard. I know you want your pod in there, all right, you go to links and guests. Let me take a short break, let me come back. We got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get to these coding jinks. Rodeo Houston tickets right after the break Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Everybody, Rod Ryan Show. Just like the man said, it's Throwback Thursday. Lots of votes coming in right now. It's always good to hear those song clips to kind of refamiliarize yourself with the songs. Pod Southtown's shot up to number one. Nice. I'm sure that Chili Maniacs had something to do with that. Also, Pod coming in for Buzzfest. That's got a big thing to do with it. Buzzfest tickets going to the winner of Read my Lips Today. If you choose Chili or if you choose Hope to win, that's how you get a winn those Busfest tickets. So that's at eight twenty. Still haven't heard of Hope's on her way or if she's here, I don't know. We'll check you in at Chili in a little bit. We got some wicked thunderstorms coming through for sure. Closer to around ten o'clock there's a dense fog advisory that's going on until eight right now, and it's oddly enough, it's in the seventies outside. The high temperature is like kind of what it is right now, it's about seventy one to seventy two, all right. Trending, Yeah, trending everything With the plane crash, everybody's talking about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a passenger jet collided with an army helicopter over the Potomac River in Washington, d C. Just absolutely tragic. No survivors have been found, and uh, we'll be we'll be talking about that all morning.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, we are following this because there's just constant updates on it all morning.
Speaker 4: Sixta gram Thursday, also trending. Anna Fundme was submitted to us by listener David, and she does fit the bill for the six stagram Thursday. So give her a look at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 1: Com and then what you want to hear a review first please Thursday from Brandon Holy Mother of all that is Holy, Holy Mother of all that is Holy. Today's Sixta Graham Girl, Anna has a chokehold on me. Bro can't be on ig all day. I have a job over here. I'm kidding but I am taking a look. Nice job to David for his submission because this girl is three fire emojis, three fire emojis. And what was the other thing that was trending? What do you know about Wasach wassatch Oh, I don't think anything.
Speaker 4: Well, it is one of the finalists for the name of the Utah Hockey Club. They released a my top three list of these will be one of One of these names will be the names of the Utah Hockey Club.
Speaker 1: The NHL team. Yes, the team that they would not give Houston there.
Speaker 4: If we're gonna give Utah a dumb team, they'd be way cooler being in Houston. So it's between the Utah Hockey Club, they would just stay the Utah Hockey Club, the Mammoth, and the Wassach, which is a mountain range that spans from Utah to Idaho. So it's a regional thing. But just like, oh no, the Wasach are coming to town. I'm not scared of that. A lot of people were saying they should be the Utah Yetties. I think Utah Yetties. The alliteration is fine on that. That would have been a way better idea.
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds better.
Speaker 4: Just the Houston anything Houston. Anybody's all right, had a way better name. This is why you shouldn't give hockey teams to Utah.
Speaker 1: Houston should get a hockey team.
Speaker 4: I'm absolutely upset we should riot, but that's what's training on night for.
Speaker 1: By the buzz, thank you. I will be right there rioting with you. We need NHL here in Houston for sure. Shout out to that guy that runs the Instagram account NHL to Houston, NHL to Houston. That guy never takes a day off. It is no days off, and there is nobody working harder. If and when we get an NHL team, that guy box seats he should be an honorary captain. Yep, he just doesn't take any days off. It's a great follow. Check it out on Instagram, NHL to Houston and going like all his posts, Cody Jinks is playing Rodeo Houston on March twentieth. I've got a pair of tickets for you right now. I'll take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning so on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz Off Springs Gone Away. Good morning rod Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on. Uh, you guys are doing a great job, a really, really exceptional job. I've got all the words I need for Read my Lips. You know, I'll continue to take them and look them over and review them. I do that right up until game time. But Read my Lips is gonna be a fun one. Today we got Chili, who's all excited about Pod being in Throwbackday. Today, Chili is taking on listener Hope. Let me ask the man, have you heard from Hope? Do is she here? Is she on campus yet? Did she hear at iHeartRadio Houston?
Speaker 11: Nah?
Speaker 14: I had to text her and check with her because she's so scared and terrified.
Speaker 1: Nobody is afraid of you, Teddy Bear.
Speaker 14: I'm just saying, you know, she said she is en route. Okay, good, whatever that means. I think she's in route to her job. I don't think she's coming bro, She's coming in. She's scared to dominate.
Speaker 1: See, she's coming in to dominate Read my Lips today at A twenty, I got some great words here. I'm ready to go. There's a great prize. It's for Buzzfest tickets. But I'll go through the motions, Chillie, I'll bring on somebody on the phones. Yeah, if Hope does not win, the person on the phone, we'll get the tickets. So we will end up giving away Buzzfest tickets either way.
Speaker 14: Well, hey, the person on the phone's gonna get tickets.
Speaker 1: Well that's all.
Speaker 14: You just guarantee in it right now, we'll see you know how, baby Babe Ruth used to.
Speaker 2: Like point out when he would go on to hit home run.
Speaker 1: He called it shot. Yeah, he's very very famously pointed to the outfield and said he was going to hit a home run, a dinger for the little kid in the hospital. And then it happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm pointing to the phones right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm calling it's going to do it for all the kids in the hospital. Yes one, all right, Chili Ruth calling his shots the hero. All right, let me go over to the phones here, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this this is Christine? Would you like some Rodeo tickets? I'd like some buz Best tickets. Now if what the heck, I'm giving away the Buzzfst tickets. I'm reading my lips today. I will take the tickets. I mean, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to put you out. I mean, all I have are these premium Cody Jinks March twentieth Roteo Houston tickets. If you like those, you are the tenth caller. Of course, I'm gonna hear from people today. Give me your email. I'm just gonna forward all emails over to you. You deal with them, okay, all right, Christine, have a great have a good time at the rodeo. All right, yes, thank you. All right, Buzzfest tickets are available. You can buy them. You know, you know you can't buy those tickets. It's not sold out yet. Nice Nail sold out yesterday. My goodness, Nice Nails sold out like in crazy quick time. We didn't talk about it that much, Alex, you had mentioned that. I mean, it's the obese wrapper. The Detroit rapper that called a lift and the driver said, I'm sorry, I'm having a problem with this car. My tires are bad. You need to call a bigger car. You're not going to fit in this car. She's suing. She's sewing driver lift, she's sing lifts. Yeah, Dank Dimson is her? Is her wraps? Yeah, she's suing alleging she wasn't allowed to enter a car that she ordered because of her weight. She's a big girl. She's a big girl. And you know, of course lawsuit. You got to go immediately, you got to go and lawyer up. And they're working for free. You know they are working for free. Was it pro bono? Yeah, they'll work and then if you get a big settlement, then boom, then you get paid.
Speaker 4: I think bono is just free no matter what. And you have to do pro bono work is like volunteer work pretty much. Oh okay, well, don't quote me.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that they are doing the old we don't get paid unless you get paid. Yeah. So that's the story, and that's happening here. That plays into this one that I'm going to talk about, which I have a link up for this one. Would you get a lawyer on the phone if this happened to you. She's Australian, She's an Instagram model. I are Emily Bright posted a video claiming that she bought a rap at a sandwich place in New Zealand and a knife was inside the rap. Okay, she said she took a couple of bye and bit into something hard. It was the orange handle, not the blade portion. She thought it was a carrot. I've got the video there for you, right I'm linksing guests, so it's going viral because number one, how does this happen? But her reaction, she called it funny. She said she's lucky she didn't start eating from the other end. People in the comments are obviously going right to the you need to sue them. She posted a follow up video and said she wasn't hurt, so what would she sue for. She didn't want to get the worker fired. And then she gets this little dig in there and she says, this isn't America. I'm not suing.
Speaker 4: Sucks, coolest country in the world.
Speaker 1: There's a little dig right there. So even if she's not suing, and I don't know if if she starts to hear from people and then all of a sudden, she'll change her mind. As of right now, she's not suing. She's getting a ton of free publicity. I'm talking about it. I have her link up. I've got a link up to her page. And keep in mind, she is an influencer, She's an Instagram market. That's what I worry about because I'm just go I'll say this, what is it? How big is a rap? I mean knife size? Knife size? Yeah, when you feel like a knife. And I'll say this, Just am I wrong on this? Because I get it. I'll tell you. I'm just like, I'm a knuckle dragon dude. Her boobs are very strategically placed in her videos. Well, I mean that's gonna help. So just something that I'm noticing. Is everyone noticing that? Or is that just me? Because I'm me, I don't know, sort of pervert. It does seem like maybe she has a little plan here. Oh my god, guys, just like this knife right here, Like, why are you hold a knife on your cleavage? What are you doing? I don't It was just and then I bit into it. I just like this. I need people to go look at the video and let me know. Is it me? Is this thing kind of maybe fair mercy didn't take a long take a look. I got a pretty good BS meter and it's right kind of like it's not really sure what happened here. I'm not saying that accidents don't happen at the sandwich shop. A knife is a crazy accident, full on knife inside a sandwich. How fast are you moving? Just behind that line? Like a rap is made of like lettuce right, Well, it could be a wrap. It could be a tortilla wrap like you know what I mean, a tortilla. You feel a knife through a tortilla, wouldn't you if it was wrapped up the long way? Think about like like like sneaking a shank into a prison, you know a couple of times? Yeah, think about that. You know you put them in birthday cakes. This shank is inside. I made a file on a birthday can when a couple of you just go and see is it? Do you believe her? I'm really not sure on this one. Tom Links and Gas. The Rod Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Babar Roach and Leave a Light on Papa Roach is one of the things we world premiered last week and the song is great. I can imagine that a bunch of people maybe jumped on and bought some more tickets. As far as I know, the Rise of the Roach tour that's rolling here, and I believe it's the first show that they're going to play here Stateside after they're doing sold out shows in Germany and all over the place. They come back here to the States with Rise Against and I believe there are still tickets available. Get them while you can. That show is going to sell out. I'm going on record as saying that one's going to sell out. Nine Inch Nails sold out in like thirty minutes yesterday. I'll have one more pair of tickets for you tomorrow. I don't know where Chili's going to put those. I can tell you a homeroom got them this morning, that show September twelfth, Toyota Center. Boy, people were blowing me up that those tickets sold out so quickly. Dense fog advisory still happening because it's like seventy degrees outside, thunderstorms are coming. It looks closer to around ten. I don't know if that's a sliding scale, but we've got some wicked thunderstorms that are going to be happening this morning for a couple of hours. So you're gonna want to be careful, maybe not be out on the roads ten eleven, twelve o'clock. I know that doesn't help if that's your gig, but if you can avoid being on the roads, do that throwback Thursday. See if things have moved around a little bit on the voting. Monster Magnet, space Lord twenty five percent of the vote, Pod Southtown thirty four percent of the vote, Refreshments, Bandidos Funds on twenty percent of the vote. Still early, early, early on the votes. A bunch of people going to check out that influencer. Yeah, that's her whole feed is just boobs.
Speaker 4: So I think that's like her EMO is like, hey, just tell my information, but also with boobs.
Speaker 1: So did it just happen to occur to her? She's already an influencer. We know she's a model, an Instagram model. She's from Australia. She'd bit into a wrap her sandwich, so to speak.
Speaker 4: The knife was smaller than I thought it would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a knife in there. She's Australian.
Speaker 4: And the fact that we neither one of us said well that's not a knife, Yeah, this says a noif crocodile dundee.
Speaker 1: Come on, how do we miss that? Brilliant listener. Let's see the knives at the store where she got the wrap from. Do they match?
Speaker 4: Oh? Do they have journalism?
Speaker 1: Yep? Do they have that lineup of knives? You may go to Australia. Check it out. I do it, You're gonna have to pay for it. I'm not sending you there. Come on, I am not saying Dallas Daniel. He's got a pretty good BS meter. Yeah, that's BS influencer. Look at me, attention story. There's no way that knife is in that wrap. The worker didn't note it. There's no way that wife that knife goes in the wrap. And the worker didn't notice. There was a smaller knife than I had imagined. I'd imagine like a big knife. Yeah, your knife. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if it's legit or not. She's got her own blog page though, it's by logging out of the buzz dot com. So I need you to vote. Have you sent us your picture yet? New? Your selfie with a can or a bottle of love? Street blonde? One hundred of you are going to be eventually on the wall. I see a lot of great faces on there right now. This is on links and guests today. It's not too late. You've got a chance to win five hundred dollars for the big game. Every day, we're going to add ten more faces to them to that grid. Then will draw numbers on the Friday before the big game, and those numbers will be yours. They'll travel with you during the game if you have those numbers at the end of the first, second, and third quarter and then the final score of the game. Five hundred dollars plus. Don't forget there's that bonus five hundred dollars that is on that page for you to sign up for. So because Carbok gave us twenty five hundred bucks to give you, I told you Chili wanted. He thought five hundred was for his efforts. I mean, he does work hard. He does work hard. But the five hundred was intended to give away, and then you can split. We're using for the attent. We will be giving that money away. So twenty five hundred dollars is just dang out there. Hit us up on the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the Wall, The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Bush, Popcash, Alright, that hurt ninety four or five the bus, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Uh yeah, it's another one of those kind of skanky days out there. Because we've got that dense fog advisory that's going until eight. Doesn't mean it's just gonna like disappear at eight o'clock, but it should get a little better out there. Eighty percent chance of thunderstorms those around the way. Some of you are telling me you're getting a little bit of rain right now. It could be some severe storms happening closer to around ten o'clock. Your high temperatures are kind of what it's at right now, low seventies. It's weird. It's weird. Hope is her name? Hope, Hope is her name. I don't know if she's spoke. She h Chili's gone breaking news. Who's your little friend over there? She's dancing. He's been trashed talking her ass all morning long. Now he's got to sit in the room with her. Looks like Hope has arrived. Yeah, I'm watching. I'm on Facebook Live. We have Hope. Now she's here. She's gonna be taking on Chili. We're gonna meet her after eight o'clock. Listener, Hope versus Chili to read my lips to win you Buzzfest tickets. That's exciting, all right, Well, let's get into some of the other stuff. There were some really really bad news that we woke up to this morning. Alex Houston's headlines here, Yeah, horrible news.
Speaker 4: At passenger jet and an Army helicopter collided in the skies last night near Reagan Airport in Washington, d C. Sending both aircraft crashing into the nearby Potomac River. The plane is traveling from Wichita, Kansas, with a reported sixty four people on board. The helicopter was a US Army Blackhawk that was on a training flight with three soldiers on board. The crash happened around eight fifty Eastern time. First Responders have not found any survivors, and the incident has closed Reagan Airport until later this morning.
Speaker 1: So people have messed me since we've been reporting the story.
Speaker 4: But there were members of the US figure skating team on there. I just, yeah, I didn't want to circle anybody because I don't think anybody's lives they were lost were more important than anyone else's. But that was just tragic, no matter whose lives were lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just let them sort things out right now, right right, there'll be there'll be a time for identification and who was who was there. It's just a it's a horrible thing that's happening right now, and it's still all the details are still unfolding. This is still a search that in these wicked cold waters.
Speaker 4: I mean last night they said like divers or and first responders were almost immediately on the scene, and it was it quickly became from like a rescue ministudent to a recovery mission like very quickly, which is it's just sad. The Defense Departments Intelligence Agency has paused the observances of Black History Month and ten other events for the agency. In a memo released yesterday, the department announced it along with Black History Months that begins on Saturday. The agency is also pausing the observances of Pride Month, Holocaust Day of Remembrance, Women's Equality, Women's History Months, National His Spirited, Hispanic Heritage Months, American Indian Heritage Month, all the heritage months it.
Speaker 1: Looks like, are being pause observation wise.
Speaker 4: The instructions are response to President Donald Trump's ban on diversity, equity and inclusion. Just because the Department of or just because the Department announced that or the Defense Department announced that, does not mean that you cannot also celebrate.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: A recent study says that breakups are harder on men than they are on women. According to the study, it's because men tend to rely on their partner more for emotional support they are for the emotionals where they get why women get that from their friend groups. Have you ever been in a group chat as a dude, You know that it's just your friends making fun of you the whole time, and then you're making fun of your friends the whole time. So it's not like you're really building the boys up. Where I feel like women are like yes, girl, yes queen, Oh my god, you don't you did there better?
Speaker 1: Well, they claim to be adjusting crowns. I don't know how much of that is really going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's what they're supposed to be doing, building up other women, where the dudes are just like, suck.
Speaker 1: It up, dude. So it's worse on dudes than chicks, worse than yeah, okay, well, because men see it more beneficial to their well being, and they get more physical benefits than women typically doing this, and they're also more likely to report their feelings than women are typically. Although I don't necessarily know if I believe that a woman could go out and just get a dude. Yeah, Like, dudes can't just go out and get a woman. It's just I'm sorry, there's differences. You can just go out and get a dude if you wanted to, not a quality. I always find a winner, but like you'll find somebody.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: Men are also less likely to initiate breakups.
Speaker 4: The study showed that seventy percent of divorces and breakups are initiated by women. So hang in there, fellas, He'll get better, hopefully. Last week we talked about Billy crist on Meg Ryan posting a photo of the two of them dressed a lot like their characters from the movie When Harry met Sally. We said then that we thought it might be for a Super Bowl ad, and we turned out to be right. Like always, the two we created their iconic diner scene for an ad in Hellman's Mayonnaise Super Bowl ad. The commercial also features a cameo from one Sydney Sweeney. So keep an eye on that Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 1: The Fire Aid benefit concert is tonight.
Speaker 4: It'll take place at the Keya Forum and the Intuit Dome in LA and all proceeds are gonna benefit victims of the California Wildfires. It'll feature acts like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Billie Eilish, Jelly Roll, John Mayer, and more. The concert's going to be shown live on Apple TV, Max, Netflix, Paramount Plus, Prime Video, and YouTube. You can also stream it live on more than eight hundred and sixty iHeart radio stations, including this one, ninety four five The Buzz. That's where I'll be listening to it. I'll tell you that much. But just started eight.
Speaker 1: We don't have any more information about Dave Matthews band. Just he just pulled out said it was a family issue. Something family does that leave John Mayer without a partner he want just play John mayor John Mayer can just go out there as himself.
Speaker 4: Right, You need debting company too if he wants to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm assuming John Mayer will still be involved. But yeah, no, Dave Matthews band, it was it was a late scratch the clabs.
Speaker 4: It awesome. I'm looking forward to that. Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're gonna be carrying that tonight on our station. It's like eight o'clock is gonna be eight till four in the morning. That's what's gonna be heard on this radio station. Okay, sport switching gears.
Speaker 4: Rockets are back at action tonight, trying to add to their four game winning streak. They're up in Memphis, taken on the Grizzlies. Rockets and a half point underdogs heading into this game too. Pops at eighty thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The bus, Okay, ninety four or five the buzz. That's one of the best audio slave songs of all time, maybe the best Tomarello guitar solo. Maybe that's why that's what makes that song so great, because you can think about what we've come to know and over the years tom Morello and his just absolute shredding of the guitar. That is such a tasty solo in that that he just he went into a different direction and it's so melodic, and it just he's servicing the song. He's not like, look at me, He's just doing this amazing guitar solo that just fits in the pocket of the vibe of that song so well. Tom Morello was featured. I started to finally watch the Saturday Night Live the fifty Years of Music.
Speaker 4: I still haven't gotten time to watch it yet.
Speaker 1: Here's what everybody said to me, And it took me watching it to understand. They said, the first ten minutes is a must see because the way that they blend the music together of the fifty years. They have a mix going of songs blended and mashed together, and they seamlessly go from one artist to the next, to the next to the next, and then oftentimes overlapping them. Is just song after song after songs. Yeah, but it's just somebody's just doing the most wicked mix of music that you've ever seen. If you don't want to watch, it might be three hours long. It's fifty years of music, Saturday and Night Live celebrating fifty years, and it's just focuses on the bands that played the first ten minutes. If you have ten minutes today, I think Peacock is showing it. I do you have that one? Let me tell you watch the first ten fifteen minutes and just I get it. Like when people mash songs up and they overlap them, and there's an art form there that obviously when it's done live in a club. That's what's the attractive thing for people. But to see somebody do this with all the acts, it's great. It really is great. Tom Morell was featured and he's talking about it, and you know they had a history with SNL. They only got to play one song. I didn't. I got to the point where Tom started talking and then boom. I was an hour into it and I'm like, all right, I'm battling something. There's a lot of crud in the air right now. You're feeling okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: There's like I think it's just the weather where it's like it's not a cold, you just have like allergies and just.
Speaker 1: Crap like that crap yelling out that smashing pumpkins was so dumb about it. I don't know. Ten minutes ago, I'm like, okay, that wasn't good. It just there is a funk and a crud going around right now. So wishing you all the best. That dense fog out there at thunderstorms they have pushed it back a little bit. It's gonna start raining. It's gonna rain today. It's gonna be some severe storms. Now. It's looking like the worst of it is about eleven twelve o'clock. Okay, so keeping an eye on them. Mundo sent me an email earlier and he's like, hey, here's some words for reading my lips. And that's all he said. I wonder what the words could be get. So Mundo just great listener. I know he's a gravy ganger. And the way that he sent the email, he's like, hey, brother Rod, good morning. Here's some words for read my lips. And I emailed them back. I said, did you not hear read my lips this morning? Or because you would, that's right? Did you not hear the fresh out of bed head to head this morning? And then he didn't get back to me, and he goes, oh, I just listened to it this podcast already. Yes, cool, I just did. I'm dying laughing over here. Mundo submitted the questions today. I thought it was a great question. I thought it was a wonderful question too. I don't want to give it away. I want you guys to go and listen. The podcast is up.
Speaker 4: Yes, actually has already emailed me.
Speaker 1: Alex has been yet. Alex hasn't been right since. But I will segue into hey buddy, hey man, you have over six hundred episodes of Past the Gravy out there for eleven years. This guy has been putting on a podcast that it matters. He's been putting on a podcast Past the Gravy, and you have a brand new one up today. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, it's called Past the Gravy Podcast. You subscribe to it on YouTube whoever else you listen to podcasts? Talked about the doomsday clock now the people in charge of your idiots is is a cigarette considered a veggie rap?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: It is the difference between teeny and tiny? We power ranked snakes for Lunar New Year, talked a little baseball.
Speaker 1: What's what's the name of that podcast? Past the Gray Podcast?
Speaker 4: If you subscribe to it please and then uh then if you email me at this a screenshot of you subscribe to it, maybe I'll buy some merch for it to past great Merch dot com. But yeah, we talked about all kinds of got into some baseball.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, why did Past the Gravy Past the Gray podcast? Again? Is what you want to I want to search for that for you. But has great podcast?
Speaker 4: Episode six hundred and one is up now, Like wherever you get your podcast please please subscribe.
Speaker 1: And check it out. It's called Past the Gravy. I remember the name. Please all right? Uh, thank you guys for voting for today's throwback Thursday Pod Southtown. It's been going back and forth, forth and back between Pod and Monster Magnet. Right now Pod on top with the most votes forty one percent, thirty nine percent Monster Magnet, Space Lord eighteen percent. Refreshment Bandidos. It's not looking good for the refreshments. Okay, Chili's got a little friend in there in the Chili bowl this morning. I'm assuming that's Hope who's going to be playing it, not to read my Lips. We're going to meet Hope after the break. Hope is who Chili? It is weird that Chili gets the pick who comes in.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean somebody has to, right, He's picked Hope to play him today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have Hope in here after the break. We're gonna find out what's trending. Send me those last minute word suggestions for Read my Lips. We'll Hope win the Buzzfest tickets or will random phone person win the Buzzfest tickets like they did last week? Okay, that's all coming up. Stay with US Houston's Rocks, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show. That's US Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Dens Fog Advisory. While that was done at eight o'clock, everyone's telling me it's still pretty foggy out there, so please be careful. We got some wicked thunderstorms that are coming up. It's looking more like eleven twelve o'clock. It could be a good chunk of the afternoon. We're gonna be dealing with some thunderstorms, all right, so please be careful if you're out there on the road. Alex. What's trending again? The DC plane crash is trending.
Speaker 4: The officials officially said that there are no survivors just a little bit ago, which is we can kind of expected that based on the amount of no survivors that were found overnight. But it's just it's tragic all around. Fire raid also trending today. The benefit concert for the LA Wildfires is going down tonight. It'll start at eight o'clock and you can listen to it right here on ninety four five the Buzz, and you can steam it on a bunch of other streaming platforms and then Fistagram Thursday trending again Anna foon me fund me. Submitted to us by listener David Go. Check her out today at the web Finish Road Ryan showpage to the buzz dot com as it's trending on ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five. Yeah, she's doing very very well. Okay, who do we have here? Does Chili give you any instructions at all? Urs? He just throw you in here. Hang on a second. There you go, hi, Hi? Like, he doesn't tell you, like, get on the mic and do this. You just like, here go. Oh.
Speaker 11: He's like, uh so you're gonna put some headphones on and then you're you'll You're good to go.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, Okay, what did you think of your meeting with Chili? You were sitting there for a little bit with him.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's beatable. I mean he's sweet. We love Chile, you do. We love him so much, but you love him so much that you don't want to beat him.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I'm a winner Winter Winter Chicken Dinner.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Hope. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Houston, Texas?
Speaker 1: Did you any practicing? I did?
Speaker 8: I practiced with my siesta last night. The mastadon was wild.
Speaker 1: It's hard. I mean, that's the thing that's throwing everybody off the We don't have like a nice noise canceling headphone that we let people use. You'd think it'd be nice and like maybe like some birds chirping or something. No, no, like a simple rainforest would be nice. That'd probably put you into space. It is the most aggressive metal Mastadon song ever. That's blaring in your ears and then you're trying to read my lips. Yeah, okay, but you did try it, like you field tested the song and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I did, like the noise canceling my air pods and then I was like I can't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well do you want these bus best tickets?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 8: I've never been you gotta beat chilling, I hope.
Speaker 11: So if Mundo, I'm scared of that guy whose words are world Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Mundo, yes, oh that was his questions this morning.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 1: So words came in from everywhere. I got words from Lauren Eddie, Kevin, Nurse d Ashley with an I, Christy Darren. I got all kinds of great words for you guys today. So here's what I'm gonna do. I am going to go take one call, justin case you don't win, just in case, justin case, justin kiss will take somebody, and then they will because if Chili wins, then we'll give them to the phone caller. If you win, you're going to Busfest. Sweet. Okay, that's it. The stage has been set, the table has been set. Read my lips. Coming up after this, the.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show, Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They will be a part of the Fire Aid concert that this radio station will be carrying live. Alex, you're telling me that starts at seven o'clock, eight o'clock our time. I got it, yea, because they're playing on the West Coast. I'll be tuning in eight o'clock until four in the morning.
Speaker 4: I'm told just basically tell us just basically lamp all night and then wake up with us.
Speaker 1: Red Hot Chili Pepper is a part of it. Dave Matthews no longer a part of it, but boy, I mean everybody else in the world is gonna be on this. Yeah, it's gonna be a huge I really think this has got one of those potentials to kind of be a live aid moment. How could it not be, with the with the building up for it. Yeah, the lineup for this thing is absolutely crazy. Chili has a blog page built out for that. Has anybody seen Chili? He's probably stretching? Is he stretching? He's not here? Hope is here? High Hope? Hey, Hope is uh my neighbor in the heights?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen her walking around in the heights before. I'm like, Hope, I know you. Okay, so you are there? He is? Wait a minute, he just walked in.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 14: Everything okay, buddy, I'm just messing with the cameras for oh.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe it's stream but I couldn't do anything, so maybe taking a nervous poop before the game.
Speaker 2: I like this slight wig, bro slight weight. I'm not even worri or stressing.
Speaker 8: He's shaking. I can see it from here.
Speaker 4: So, Hope, I think you're gonna win.
Speaker 1: I know I think you're gonna win. But I'm still gonna go grab somebody on the phones in case the absolute worst happens. Is a big band of brothers. Guy, but it doesn't sound like it today, does She's a wishy Washy bro Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this, Cheyenne? Cheyenne? How are you? I'm doing well. If Hope doesn't pull off the win today and Chili miraculously wins the game today, I will ye. I'm gonna give you the Buzzfest tickets. Okay, so you're kind of rooting for Chili to win here, Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 14: Right, Shian start planning what to wear and who you're taking away tops.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I asked Hope if she'd like to go first or second? She said, why don't you let Chili go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't get to pick. She gets to pick.
Speaker 1: She gets to pick.
Speaker 2: All right, she's a guest.
Speaker 1: You have to be here. Okay. Uh, these are all the words I'm going to shuffle, So letting Hope see that I'm shuffling.
Speaker 10: Good.
Speaker 1: Look, Hope, you too.
Speaker 2: Sorry you had to drive here to win nothing?
Speaker 1: All right? Uh?
Speaker 8: These are really confident.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am a pro.
Speaker 1: Twenty seconds on the clock. You're gonna get twenty seconds, all right, and then I'm going to work with my man Chili. Here. Cheyenne is hoping that Chili comes away with the victory. She wants the tickets thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Let's rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Here we go. First word, Boner brothers. Both brothers, Boner brothers.
Speaker 2: Boner brothers.
Speaker 7: What they yay?
Speaker 1: Too easy for him? Shoot the twins.
Speaker 2: She's nervous.
Speaker 1: You guys are both selling boner pills right now on the air.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are go to get to x dot com on the perfect package to fits your package perfectly.
Speaker 1: These guys are selling boner pills. I know, the Boner brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, strong, Like, here we go.
Speaker 1: That's one. You gotta get one, Okay to tie, Okay, right now.
Speaker 2: She's got her fingers crossed. She's nervous.
Speaker 1: Christy sent this one in. Here we go, twenty seconds on the clock. Please, thumbs up, thumbs up. Crap cracker Flanigan, crap cracker, crap Johnson, crap cracker, clamp dragoner, crap cracker, trap ranger, crap crap Ranger, crap cracker, cramp, crap cracker, crap dragon that time. Okay, but the guesses are great. Crap Cracker, cracker, crap cracker, he said, crap Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I hit the crap right.
Speaker 1: It's a shot, yeah, some years past. All right, here we go, get headphones are back on. Headphones are back on, game on?
Speaker 2: He said, headphones are back on. Come on, that's what he says that right now.
Speaker 8: That doesn't count.
Speaker 1: It doesn't count, doesn't count. But that's a good sign. I got you, Hope, don't worry all right. Here we go, Ashley with an eye. She's brought many a man down over the years. Here we go, combs.
Speaker 2: Up, done so.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Don't laugh laugh.
Speaker 1: I can't look at Chili without trying to get his head. He makes me smirk.
Speaker 2: Won't you just hand her the tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Rod, here we go. Beaver Town, beaver Down, beaver Town.
Speaker 2: Beaver Town nailed it. Let's let's go.
Speaker 1: The beaver always wings.
Speaker 2: Except for her.
Speaker 1: Hope. He got to. You gotta get to to send it to overtime. Three gets you the tickets though, Chili worked with her on those headphones. Beaver Town, Yeah sells the game here, Yeah we do.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hope, Hope's got the headphones going in right now. You're gonna look so silly, Rod.
Speaker 4: She doesn't beat him, and you talked all that.
Speaker 1: Crackney's gonna wak and you gotta be feeling good right now. I'm oh, I see what I see what you did there, no pun intended. All right, here we go. This is Hope's turn now, all right, Sana, sit tight. It's okay if she doesn't get this one. Lauren sent this in. Here we go. Thumbs up, thumbs up. Focus, Okay, I'm ready Focus Focus.
Speaker 12: Meat party beat Party, Meat Party Beats Party, Meat Peace Party, Meat Party meats Marty, Meat Party Meetats, Meat Party.
Speaker 1: Meat Party, Party, Meat Party, Meat Party. Seconds. I broke my bell. I hit it heart Meat Party. How many seconds? Seconds?
Speaker 8: That was a close one.
Speaker 11: That was really Oh okay, wait a second.
Speaker 1: Oh I think it broke my hand hit that bell? Oh, come on, all right, Okay, you're good. She's just in the headphones there. Okay. Eddie sent this one in.
Speaker 2: You got no love for Eddie?
Speaker 1: Comes up, Freddy.
Speaker 12: Gravy pass, gravy pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go. Boy, what was what was all that?
Speaker 2: Smack?
Speaker 1: You we're talking?
Speaker 2: I mean, we're going all the time now, Bravy pass. Great word, Eddie, Yeah, great word, Yeah Eddie.
Speaker 4: Only fresh out of bed competitors had heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my tie. Game Twenty seconds separates Hope from going to Busfest for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she might go she was need.
Speaker 4: The first listener to go three for three since we had listeners.
Speaker 1: Cheyenne, Yes, Ticketmaster dot Com doesn't win.
Speaker 14: I'll try with Jeremy later.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, Nurse decent this one in, Okay.
Speaker 16: Frozen junk, floating shots, frozen junk, frozen frozen junk shot, frozen stark jumping, frozen junk shots, junk shot, frozen frozen shots shots, frozen junk, frozen frozen jump shot.
Speaker 1: We're going, ok what was it? There was a story that Alex was talking about earlier this week Canada Frozen the guy's wiener frozen.
Speaker 4: You get a fight, she fell.
Speaker 1: You got to tell her where to go so she can't here. I'll take you on that, okay, and we're going to do so. Just put her where she needs to be, Chilli. We're going to overtime, all right with listener Hope. Cheyenne, you're still in it. Yes, let's go over time with listener Hope. Okay, thank you, sir, good luck, Hope. Okay. As she gets put into her room, where do you guys go? By the way, I actually.
Speaker 15: Don't go to the table, that white table by the okay, right there, just in the common area in the com off. Oh okay, Chili, all right, I'm going to say the word.
Speaker 1: You keep guessing until you get it right.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, if you can hear that music there, I heard it a little.
Speaker 1: Bit very loud, so that's the Sultan's.
Speaker 4: But it just when you hear it on the microphone through the headphones sounds way louder.
Speaker 1: So what I need you to do is I need you to time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me switch my time around because they're using my phone overtime.
Speaker 1: Word has been selected nurse d again. Oh man, that's who words in the game today. All right, all right, thumbs up its boom. Here we go. He I'm telling you right now, Chili looks about as focused as I've ever seen him, I think, So here we go, free nipple, free hold. That guy has never gotten the words so quick?
Speaker 2: Did it? For the for the ham tity fames out there? There's no way you do.
Speaker 1: That's the quickest you've ever gotten a word.
Speaker 2: It was the words.
Speaker 1: It's the quickest ever the words.
Speaker 2: That's not what my girls say it to you?
Speaker 1: Why do you hate hope? Right now? What's that? She won't know that? It's too quick? All right, go get Bring in Hope, Bring in Hope. Oh my to read my lips. Chilli is playing lights out right now. All right, Hope, welcome in. How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good boy?
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 1: Headphones on over now, what's gonna happen. I'm gonna say a word. We're gonna start timing as soon as I say the word. You keep guessing you get it right until I got it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. He's just putting on the headphones right now over time with listener.
Speaker 2: Hope. Look at that face of sadness.
Speaker 1: Look at your face right now.
Speaker 2: So happy captain saying no shows, no mercy.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, timer, ready to go. Okay, thumbs up, thumbs up, Here we go. You start timing after I say the second word. Yes, free nipple, free number free free, let's go nipple. That was quick, free nipple. You got it, You got the word. I'm worried about the time here. What was Hope's time? Just low? One point eight eight seven? One point eight eight seven. That's how long it took you to get free nipple? Okay?
Speaker 4: What was Chili's time? One point five five?
Speaker 1: He got it immediately.
Speaker 4: I mean they do the only reason you didn't win. Is you said a word before free nipple? He got it on the first jest, it was second's photo finished.
Speaker 1: I am wait a minute, chili, just one in overtime.
Speaker 2: I hate you knew me.
Speaker 1: You played awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, best game.
Speaker 1: We've had with a listener in the studio. Thank you.
Speaker 8: I was sending ham titty. I was so ready.
Speaker 1: Hey, it was it was close, so close. I'm just going to tell you one of my reserve words. I want you. It comes in every week. Oh yeah, Daniel dirty Sanchez sent in hand tay, So maybe in one of these days I will use it. Hey, listen, Cheyenne, We're gonna give you the Buzzfest tickets, all right, Yes, thank you so much. You're welcome. She's sure or something.
Speaker 2: For it's nothing, nothing, nothing, I'm gonna give it your.
Speaker 1: T shirt, all right. I hope you did awesome today. Thank you, Thank you for coming all the way out the parlor.
Speaker 8: Salon.
Speaker 17: Y'all come get a haircut, okay. Thirty four twenty five South Shepherd. I may not win at read my lips, but I am a winter winter chicken dinner slang in that hair got the not.
Speaker 1: So subtle plug in there, great job today. Thank you, Thank you everybody.
Speaker 5: In Houston, Houston's alternative, and tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning Show, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz Lincoln Park, and the Emptiness Machine. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Hope is probably now in her car driving home being defeated in uh Reading my Lips. Chili wins it overtime.
Speaker 4: How did you feel hating your boys all morning?
Speaker 1: I don't hate yesterday. I don't hate. I appreciate it, shines it right in your face. I don't hate. I motivate. I certainly did motivate Chili today. You can thank me for the wind. I'm the one that sets the fire under Chili. I was. I was gassing up the whole time. I think I was the reason. Every week, okay, almost every week that we've had a listener come down and play Read my Lips, it's been three chicks in one dude. Every time the chick has been in here, ten emails come in, Dude, there's your next co host. Craig is the guy that won Craig Picket.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One email came in and said, there's your co host. But today They all said, Hope's your new co host, rod you got to get her as your co host. She did really, really good. She was great. She was very comfortable on the air. Yeah, she did a great job. We got a picture of Hope up on our Instagram at Rod Ryan Show. Hope, you did great and we sent you home with nothing. You guys are talking about what we gave her shirt.
Speaker 4: You did two boxes of leftover shirts.
Speaker 1: She had a leftover shirt. What a four XL. No, a four XL Booms rock shirt from ten years ago. Dense fog advisory. Still a little foggy out there. The advisory is off. But we got thunderstorms. We got some wicked thunderstorms coming our way starting at about ten eleven O'clock's going to go through four Alex Houston's headlines, please Yeah.
Speaker 4: A passenger jet and an army helicopter collided in the skies last night near Reagan Airport in Washington, dcasonning both aircrafts crashing into the nearby Potomac River. The plane was traveling from Wichita, Kansas, with reported sixty four people on board. The helicopter was a US Army Blackhawk that was trying or was training it was on a training fight, excuse me, and then three soldiers were on board.
Speaker 1: Of that.
Speaker 4: The crash happened around eight fifty Eastern time last night. Officials today say that there are no survivors. Absolutely tragic what happened there. For Senator Bob Menindez was sentenced to eleven years in prison yesterday for taking bribes of gold and cash and acting as an agent of Egypt. The seventy one year old claims that he is innocent and says he plans to appeal the decision. When addressing the court yesterday, Menindez tearfully said that he'd lost everything he cared about, except for his family. He has been ordered to report to prison on June sixth. In some lighter news, Twigs is offering to give people two bars of gold to not watch Super Bowl commercials. The candy company announced a contest that it's running during the Big Game where viewers can go to their website during each commercial break and compete in a staring contest. So don't watch Super Bowl commercials, watch the Twigs ad or do a steering context with Twigs.
Speaker 1: This is a good, a great idea.
Speaker 4: I think one lucky winner is going to receive two gold bars wor about one hundred and seventy thousand dollars. The screen people are going to be looking at is going to have two gold bars on it, and the website is going to keep track of how long you stare at it and how many commercial breaks do you participate in during the game. So by getting people to just watch their ad, they're keeping people from watching Super Bowl ads that companies are paying upwards of eight million dollars for. So they're not spending the millions of dollars doing this. They're just like, we're just going to have website that's ready to go. What if we didn't spend eight million dollars on that? Pretty great idea if you asked me.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, what if you put this out there, I bet Rod and Alex will talk about it. They nailed it. It's kind of genius because they spent all that money. Wasn't Left Twix right Twix a couple of years ago. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: I feel like they had the left Twix right Twix factory oneat it wasn't that great and they were probably that was a lot of money. I don't know if we saw on enough return on that. Oh what if we gave people gold. One hundred and seventy thousand dollars is not a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 4: And it looks like it's gonna work. It's gonna work because I'm gonna definitely check this out at.
Speaker 1: Least one break. It's genius. Go check out the link. Alex said he didn't recognize this music. Yeah, it's old. It's a Little House on the Prairie is an old show, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It's getting a reboot though from Netflix. They're reviving the series.
Speaker 1: It ran originally from nineteen seventy four to nineteen eighty three. People did stream the series, though, thirteen billion minutes worth last year on Peacock. Netflix.
Speaker 4: Exec that's behind this says the show is going to be quote part hopeful family drama, part epics survival tale, and part origin story of the American West. There's no word yet on a cast or start date. Doogie Howser was not in Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 1: Oh, regy Hauser was like fifteen years after Little House. Okay, it's older. He was the doctor. Doe Houser was the Oapatrick Harris Okay, yeah, I don't know why. I thought maybe they were associated, not associated. Ken confirmed now zero. No, this is on a prairie. He was in a hospital. Okay, this is literally like an outhouse in a log cabin. Somebody named Doogie.
Speaker 4: Seems like they would live on a little house on the prairie, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Doogie was a child prodigy surgeon. Yeah, well, good for him, got all the tools. These people were wiping their asses with corn cobs. Oh wow.
Speaker 4: A new album from Slash featuring Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators looks like it's being delayed.
Speaker 1: They had planned on a.
Speaker 4: Release this year, but because of the band members busy schedule, they had to go on a hiatus from the project. The band has reportedly already written the songs and recorded the instrumental parts, they still need to lay down the vocal tracks and mix everything together. A spokesman for the band so that they're still hoping for a possible release late this year, but that it's more likely that you're going to get a new album in twenty twenty six. Okay, so so good for them, and just get ready for some Slash and we got to listen to this earlier this morning.
Speaker 1: It rocks so good. Those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 4: What you got in sports, Buddy. The Rockets are back in action tonight, trying to add to their four game winning street. They're gonna be in Memphis to take on the Grizzlies. Tip Off is at eight thirty and you can listen to that game over in our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That, my friends, is what's going on in sports. Get your votes and it is Throwback Thursday winning song played today at nine thirty. Where do you vote? The world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com Houston, and The rod Ryan Morning Show sixth at ten am, The Buzz Second Show ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Shined Out, and Second Chance nine oh six. Rains are coming. It's a little skanky out there right now, but it's about to get worse. We got some pretty heavy thunderstorms that are gonna be rolling through the area. So just know that it's coming. Get what you need to get done. If you're outside, of course, telling you to not be on the roads when you have to be on the roads at noon today or wherever you're driving to I get it, but it's just it's gonna be nasty some of these some thunderstorms could be severe. Okay, this is the hour nine thirty, the winning song that we played. Uh, we've had a dog fight in here with Throwback Thursday. Pod Southtown fifty three percent of the vote. They've really pulled ahead. Is this the most back and forth we've gone? I feel like the amount of lead changes. Yeah, yeah, it's going back and forth. Monster Magnet and Pod have been going trading back and forth and back and forth. POD's got a pretty commanding lead right now. Not enough to keep Monster Magnet out of it. It's nine oh six, winning song played at nine thirty. Anything can happen. It's just not looking good for the Bandidos Refreshments Yeah, Pod fifty three percent, Monster Magnet, Space Lord thirty three percent, and then the refreshment Spandidos thirteen percent. It is a fun song.
Speaker 4: I just want to call a Monster Mash.
Speaker 1: I know you do, I know, I.
Speaker 4: Know it just it seems like it would be Monster Mash.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Jean Jacket. I had a Monster Magnet that they sat down as a promo item back in the day, it was a magnet with the Monster Magnet logo on it, and it was my monster magnet. Hang on, just think about it for a minute, because because people don't understand the gen jacket that I have, I have a gene john It's a denim jean jacket, but I have a I have a patch of Gene Simmons on it, and I call it my gene jacket. Do you guys get it? Nobody gets it? Watching nobody is a gene jacket. Yeah, nobody. Nobody understand. I get you, dude, Not everybody else does. I also have a monster magnet. That's pretty cool. Yeah, I had one. I wish I had a Monster magnet. It was on my refrigerator for years. So I'm a big fan. I'm hoping that something changes here with the voting. So this music must mean I'm going to talk about the mile of meat. This is a Valentine's Day theme song. We want to help you get a date on Valentine's Day. We're gonna choose twenty fellas that apply on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. You sign up and then we're gonna We're gonna pick twenty lucky dudes to be holding up the signs wearing the numbered T shirts on West tim Or Friday morning, February fourteenth, that is Valentine's Day. You're gonna line up at like seven o'clock in the morning. Ladies are gonna drive by. They're gonna call us and convince us to hook up with number one through twenty. We'll get the date set up. The date is gonna happen at Cactus Cove that's on Eleventh Street in the Heights. We're gonna pair each guy up and they're gonna meet their date that Friday evening. So it's an all day affair for us here. Thanks to deb and everybody over at BMP, they are gonna be partnering up with us and providing all the T shirts. So the sign up is on Links and Guests Today. I've got guys emailing me saying, dude, I want in go here. You gotta go there. Go to Links and Guests. Do it all right, go to Links and Guests. Uh, Valentine's Days just around the corner him. Start talking about these things, then you gotta start thinking about Okay, am I doing the right thing? Am I doing Valentine's Day for those of you that aren't single guys, you got to take care of your women. Valentine's Day ladies, you don't got to do anything. We don't care. You don't have to do anything. No, you don't care. Well. Holiday following month, Yeah, stakn Bjday, this is over a month away.
Speaker 4: Which I did see the Department of Defense is not not honoring that that was not listed as one of the no longer recognized good call.
Speaker 1: It looks like they must still be recognizing STEAK and bjday.
Speaker 4: Chat to the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: The sweet hearts, you know, the little candies with the messages on them. Who could forget if you hand somebody you candy heart with marry me on it. There's an ad campaign claiming that those candy hearts with the messages are legally binding. Now are you kidding me? Right now? You better hand over that heart with a prenup when you hand that to somebody. But legally bindingup.
Speaker 4: Is that's after like you, that would be when you tie the knot right like if you just gave somebody a ring, you're not under the prenup on that at all.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, yeah, you're right, but you might want to start thinking about it. Just be breaking off an engagement. Essentially, you think you're handing somebody a little joky, little candy heart. This year, Sweetheart says they're legally binding. They've hadded a feature on their website where you can scam their hearts with your phone and it'll help you follow through.
Speaker 4: You mean that I proposed to Katie Meyer in the fifth grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's legally binding.
Speaker 7: Crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, catch up with her?
Speaker 4: Or no, that wasn't real.
Speaker 1: If you scan the marry Me Heart, it's going to lead to a site that helps you get married online. The move in Heart scan that it'll help you hire movers, and the Forever Heart helps you buy heart shaped gravestones. They've gone next level with the sandy. They're going dark and next level with these candy hearts. Their gimmick last year. If you remember when we were talking out of them, they were situationship hearts, they were blurry, too many letters, they were hard to read. But yeah, these could be legally binding. Not really, but still it's a little promo that they're running. Those candy hearts will be running amuck soon enough. Guys, we want to play with you on Valentine's Day. That sounded weird? Did sound good?
Speaker 4: Maybe somebody wants to went right through my lips. I said it, I heard it, and I went you don't want to say.
Speaker 1: That you heard what you heard?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we want to.
Speaker 1: Hang out with you. We want you to come play on a Friday, and we want you to have a party with us. Did you hear Hope on our way out the door?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no? Did you hear Hope on her way out the day? Did?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: You know what she said? See you guys at mile of me? She said. The girl that came in and almost beat Chili on read my lips. She lost my point two seconds.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Hope Hope's relationship status is, but if she is single, she would be a hell of a catch for some lucky guy.
Speaker 1: She walked out, saying, see you guys at my lame can't wait? Well, well, well, if you didn't see Hope yet, the instagram is up at rod Ryan's show and right now, what I need you to do is listen for this keyword and then entered at the buzz dot com for your shot at some cash rock and alternative.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just over here going through all of a Hope's fan mail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they make a whole folder floor.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, she was great. I get it. It's like I hope all is well with you, my man. This is from Jamie. I just want to drop a line and say hello. Also mention that today is read my lips player. Hope has a very nice radio voice, maybe co host voice. Just the thought. Anyways, have a great weekend, my friend. Yeah, that's been coming in all morning. Hope fan favorite. Took Chili down into overtime on the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head today and left here with nothing. Well, apparently you guys gave her a T shirt. Yeah, OK, Hope did not. Hope did not. She's on the Instagram. She did have a great boy.
Speaker 2: She was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought it was kind of cool. She got a little plug in there for her hair cutting. Somebody had tagged her in the comments. She does have an Instagram, so somebody had tagged her. So probably just watch out.
Speaker 4: Hope, be nice in the DM be nice.
Speaker 1: Not a day goes by that. I that an email said, what's this Christina Cruz girl? Look like I've known Christina forever. She's awesome. Yeah, she's hot and she sounds great. They're like, dude, there's your co host right there, Like, no, I'm not shy in suggestions for the who the co host should be on this show?
Speaker 4: Thought about in Paris Hilton, every I mean, if there's a phone call online, kid's Alex online the muzzl Right, we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: If there's a phone call and the girl sounds hot on the phone call that she's playing fresh ont of bed head to head, I'll I'll get anee. Dude, there's your co host.
Speaker 4: Which is exactly like you pretty much only need to have a voice.
Speaker 1: To be a gosh. The co host searches on and uh, still looking, still looking, But the twins are doing a great job. Alix, you're doing a bang up job over you as well. So, uh, we just gotta wait, what's your AOL today?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 18: Today's they will a little music knowledge test for you. Okay, seventeen of the most popular songs of all time, and you're going to try and see how many of them you can match with the artists.
Speaker 4: So you don't get any like multiple choices or anything in this burning love?
Speaker 1: Who say that burning love? I mean Elvis has hunk of burning love? Geez, stop right there, Elvis is Elvis. Okay, it's Elvis. Okay, bly Me to the Moon? Who sang out? Frank Sinatra nailed it. Oh, this is thes at something that you should get. I want to hold your hand beatles. Yeah, guy, this is so easy, but it gets harder as you go on.
Speaker 4: I gave you the easy one, Okay, as you progress through the seventeen yeah, try and see.
Speaker 1: If you get seventeen for seventeen, then you know music.
Speaker 4: If you don't get seventeen for seventeen, get out of here. I want to hear your your music knowledge, all right, all right, so go check it out and see how many of these songs that you compare with the correct artists at the World Famish rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Pod still has a pretty commanding lead. I don't know, it's looking like CHILEI song is going to win. It's his day. I guess, yeah, it is, it's his day. We just we sent Hope into a trap through back.
Speaker 8: First show.
Speaker 2: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show it's bad omens and just pretend I was answering a couple of emails that were coming through. Lots of questions and hope fanmail. I'm answering all the hope stuff now too. People were asking about Valentine's Day. They said, Hey, listen, you know I'm married or I got this, I have girlfriend, I have been Can we still come out and party with you guys? Yeah, Cactus Cove. We made the announcement we're going to be We're going to be at Cactus Cove and uh and this is where if you're single and you want to come and mingle, or if you're already paired off, it's always a good party. And we throw ragers on Mondays and Tuesdays when it falls on those years. Any days, Okay, Valentine's Day being on a Friday, Cactus Cove gunner, bring in the backups, bring bring in the troops, and get the extra bars set up and everything. It's going to be insane me wild. Yeah, so we're talking about the mile of meat. Guys. You still have time to apply to be on the road side and then we'll fix you up with a date. Girls, you got to play along too. That morning. Girls. You got to go check them out on West Timer. Go check out the that we have for you. We'll set you up for the date on Friday night. We'll play some games, we'll have a good time. But the spectacle of it, the sheer spectacle of it, of coming out. You're all invited to come party with us on Friday night. That's February fourteenth, Valentine's Day evening at Cactus Coved. We get things started early just because well we don't necessarily have to we in years past when it's during the week. We got to get home at a reasonable hour because we have to work the next day. The only thing, the only downside is I think everyone looks forward to that show the day after the Mile of Meat, because that's where all the tea is spilled, and who went home with who, who got along, who didn't get along, who was making out, who did whatever. We're gonna have to wait till Monday to do that counterpoint to that, though, which is President's Day. We're gonna have to wait till Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Get a go ahead, maybe they get a last little long weekend. Some of these couples things work out. You need to see each other a couple of times. Possibly, Oh hey, we've hung out three times already.
Speaker 1: Now, then that's happened. They like how after a long weekend, we're gonna come back and we're gonna have the best show because we're gonna get the recap show. So what an awesome way to start a short week, or it don't feel like the week was a day? Or some guy calls in on Tuesday he's got a power crasher situation, he can't get her off the couch. Also would be great content.
Speaker 4: I mean, either way you slice it, we get We get content out of this.
Speaker 1: That's what we want. We gotta wait till Tuesday to.
Speaker 4: Get a marriages and people stealing people's dates, but all kinds of chaos going down on this. It's my favorite thing we get to do because I get to be.
Speaker 1: Out on the street for a little bit of it. Yeah, I love doing Mile of Meat. Guys. I need you to I need single guys. I still have room for single guys to apply to be a part of the Mile of Meat. It's just you've got to make yourself available Friday morning during the show, you're out there working it on the streets, and then you have to join us Friday night. So it's a big ask of us. But if you want to have one of the best experiences of your life, and I mean that, you're a single dude, and that's it. You're tired of the same old, same old. You're tired of swiping right and left and doing all that. Meet somebody for real, Meet somebody for real on that night. Applications are being accepted for our single dudes on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com, where many of you went to vote today. Low votes today under a thousand votes. Huh what are you guys doing? Oh you're checking out that Fixtagram Thursday, that's for sure. Refreshments Bandido is eleven percent of the vote. Sorry, I love that song. Damn it. Monster Magnet Space, Lord Mo the Mother thirty seven percent of the vote. Fifty one percent of you said you wanted Pod Southtown, I mean Chilly undefeated today, Mom, it's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 7: Time. Yeah, like it down, say o, no bjob see the man my hay somewhere now ring you no you take You're not one lad, what no one here wo get trying read it? Hey, you mean my next guy? Have been taking me on my way? No one lady's trying to say, right, God wain't no place, he said, well some down amazing things.
Speaker 1: Shut out, be telling you.
Speaker 7: My blessing and then take him up the way you in the south town like you know, got kidding no play go in down in the streets.
Speaker 1: See, I'm gonna say, fo.
Speaker 7: You y tib got one of his mother. That's like god down a lad, you're a out down. You know that getting no light where they're down in the street will not be come no on second fi, make your back this job, go home on a far and make the god down on may the sell everything the way I was to say, you got look no way you can walk away. You won't look it up getting come saying the same track lay side coming in the south like you don't you have.
Speaker 1: No way to start it down in the streets.
Speaker 7: Nothing could go down now you know that no play putting down in the streets were not sac bo.
Speaker 1: Make your back your.
Speaker 7: Make you make it.
Speaker 1: Like that a five minutes.
Speaker 7: One of the one got.
Speaker 1: One think the thing like.
Speaker 5: So much.
Speaker 7: To day good.
Speaker 1: You know that can't know.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four The Bus, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Franky Benjamin and Red cold River, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. You heard po d Southtown's before that Chili was rocking out. It's your day, bro, it's your day.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Overtime victory and reading my lips by point two seconds.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll try to warn you all.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah you did, and then you picked this up. That was the song that you wanted to play for a throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't wander rest the Chilimnian ex bro.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, h Hey have you felt that I stepped it up a little bit about my La meat? You were telling me to I wasn't talking about it enough. I mean, you get a C plus, I get a SEA plus. I'll take that. Yeah yeah, yeah, hey from you? A C plus from you is like an A from anybody else.
Speaker 2: That's all I ever got in high school. So that's all I knew.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was Oh it was Josh Tree. Josh Tree's asking can we have a shot at mile of Meat? Yeah? You can have all the shots you want we're not doing the name shot thing. We're not doing that. That's the thing that's for that's for ditch Day. Yeah, he's like, well, can't we just do like a named shot thing again? That's such a fun thing that we do. Can we just keep some things where they are?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't want to confusing if you mix everything up like that. Yeah, because then if we do it this year, then we gotta do it when Valentine's They falls on a Monday night. Who wants to be doing the red slurping panty shot on a Monday night? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: I do want to do that shot. I'm not gonna lie. It sounds appealing or did I just name the shot? Read what the red slurping panties?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: It works for me, all right, I know what doesn't work for you?
Speaker 2: How long do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? Get your stuff in for mile of Meat single Dudes, I already beat you up on that. Coming up know the show Monster Jam. We got a four pack of passes and pit tickets for the Sunday show at NRG Stadium. You can still get tickets through ticket Master or you can win them from us. Alex will have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Twenty four five The buys, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, great throwback Thursday Today, Man, thank you guys so much. We'll leave you with some great parting gifts. You guys provided us such a great show. I've got Monsters Jam tickets for you, a four pack with pit passes for this Sunday feb Ti Energy Stadium. Everyone else ticketmaster dot Com. Yes, there is a Saturday show. We'll be in the pits for that one. But if you want to go to the Sunday show, our truck will be down there. We won't be down on the pits, but the racing is still going to be stellar. What's your question?
Speaker 4: I think this is a pretty good question, going all the way back to the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, back back, back, back back.
Speaker 4: What is the name of my podcast? It's been eating the it's been eating the kid all day. Just that's all I need.
Speaker 1: What is the name of my podcast? You know the guy that played today is coming back tomorrow. Do you know that I need you to be nice to him tomorrow? One team whoever's playing seven one three, Ruin the Guy's Day seven eleven years, six hundred and one podcast Nothing seven one three, two, one two five, nine four five Everybody Knows the Show right Rock ninety four five The Buzz, All right, let's wrap this thing up. Ninety four or five Buzz Green Day's long View, Good morning, brod Ryan Show raids coming, guys, could be heavy a time, man, we get some heavy duty thunderstorms headed our way. Man, He's careful out there. He's now time for Know this Show on ninety four five The Buzz. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 9: La la.
Speaker 1: Over to the phones. It's like David got through. David. Hey, hey David, how are you doing great? How are you doing awesome?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: This is called know the Show and no things that are set on the show for a number of years, and know some things that are associated with the show. Just know the show is what This segment is called. What's your question? David? What is the name of my podcast? It is passed to Gravy.
Speaker 8: Oh you going, I wasn't gonna mess with you and say eth.
Speaker 2: The gravy and taste the biscuits.
Speaker 1: But I decided to I didn't want to such any more. Appreciate you. My guy doesn't need to be messed with right now. He got messed with plenty this morning. We're gonna give your tickets to Monster Jam four pack with pit passes for this Sunday. Okay, daddio, great, thank you, Thank you, David Boom. Stay dry out there, Okay. The real heavy rain keeps getting pushed back. Ten o'clock hour twenty four percent chance rain, eleven o'clock forty eight percent chance of rain, twelve o'clock eighty one percent chance of rain. Noons when the heavy stuff's coming down now seventy five percent chance on the one oclock hour. It's gonna be a wet afternoon. Maybe I'll take a nap like Chili. Oh yeah, it worked for him today, clearly. Clearly he took a nap yesterday. Great game, Hope did great today, but Chili was the winner of read my lips in overtime back it up. Ashley lost today as well, not a good day for the Gales. Ashley, with an e y got beat by Daniel, who apparently hasn't played in a number of years. But neither one of them knew the name of your podcast. No, they did not. That's where this came from. You need if you haven't, maybe you haven't gotten up early with us in a bit, or you missed the freshout of Head head to Head. You have that just podcast alone. Yeah, the whole show. I want you to listen to the whole show on podcast. But Alex also does breakouts of segments of the show, and the Fresh out of Head head to Head is one of the breakouts he does every day, and it was a pretty entertaining game today with Daniel and Ashley. I'll say that Hope read my lips again. Thanks for coming down. People that got involved by going to the website and voting today, sending us their photographs of them with their Love Street blondes to get up on the wall. Those that signed up for the mile of Meat, you know my thing is, get involved with us this year. Get involved. Thank you to Alex's wife for being born today. The happy birthday ends. Love you. She's great, She's the best. She is awesome. Dude, You having a birthday party today and you wait for the weekend where it goes.
Speaker 2: On with you dinner.
Speaker 4: I've tried to make a little bit of a birthday week thing just between her and I.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to dinner with the family tonight. Okay, very good. Tomorrow is free beer Friday. Thank you Specs. Tomorrow open phones Friday. We will have another pair of tickets to nine inch Nails Chill. He put them in homeroom this morning. For those that didn't hear, nine inch Nails sold out within an hour of tickets going on sale at noon yesterday, all the hate mail started coming in, not directed at me, just people were frustrated. I'll say that about twelve thirty my email started going ding ding ding ding, ding, ding ding ding ding ding ding. Those are emails coming in. People are like, what the hell? Rod. People were shocked that it sold out as quickly as it did. Hey, you have a new episode of Pass the Gravy. It's up brand new again. From the name of the podcast has Passed the Gravy podcast.
Speaker 4: I do that, and you're check it out on and the We'll finish Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com wherever else you get your podcast watch it on YouTube too big.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Benson is up next. He's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the twelve o'clock or in the one o'clock hour. And his name is Jeremy Benson. So if a question comes up, who comes on directly after the Rod Ryan Show, you all will know it's Jeremy Benson. If you want to call him Big Jeremy Benson, that works as well. All right, Yeah, okay, that's it, guys. If the creek don't rise, we'll be back on with you tomorrow morning. We're on a twenty hour break. Stay dry, hey app, don't you sir? Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 5: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com