Speaker 1: I wanted to let you know that this word was stirring in my heart. This word was stirring in my heart recently when we started the fast, and I was speaking to Pastor about it, and so I don't know, like I feel like the Lord wanted to release this word over the body of Jesus Christ. Of course, Pastor also heard from the Lord that I was the one to deliver it, and so.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There is an impartation that's taking place today, and I don't want you to miss it. That's that's what I'm telling you. I don't want to I don't want you to take the words lightly because I feel like if you miss it, then you're going to miss a big portion and in the future coming years of you could have got it today. That's what I'm trying to tell you. So don't miss it, Okay, get ready to grab it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this this sermon message is called Daniel's weapon. We're talking about the fast, right, we've been fasting. We are in fasting. I'm in fasting, A bunch of you are in fasting. But there is a special weapon that Daniel employs. In the Book of Daniel that I think is not actually spoken of or taught necessarily. And that's what revelation means. Revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ, right, and the Lord just bringing a new, fresh word and a new understanding to the Book of Daniel, because a lot of the Old Testament. Sometimes we end up we end up taking the Old Testament for granted. We think, because it's in the past, it no longer applies to the New Testament sometimes, you know, and that's that's a fallacy sometimes, right. But but God has granted to us access to this word today.
Speaker 2: Amen. So it's the year six hundred and five BC.
Speaker 1: Daniel as a teenage boy, he's about thirteen or fourteen years old, and he's taken captive into Babylon. Okay, Daniel, it says in the Word in chapter one of Daniel.
Speaker 2: Let's go to verse three. Let's start at verse three.
Speaker 1: Then the king instructed Ashpirnaz, the master of the eunuchs, to bring some of the children of Israel and some of the king's descendants and some of the nobles, young men in whom there was no blemish, but good looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge, and quick to understand who had ability to serve in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans. And the king appointed for them daily provision of the king's delicacies and of the choice wine which he drank, and three years training for them, so that at the end of their time they might serve before the King. Now from among the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hananiah, Michael, and Azariah.
Speaker 2: To them the chief Unich gave names. He gave Daniel the name.
Speaker 1: Built Ti Jazar, and Hananiah Shaderaq, to Michel Mishak, and to Azariah Abennigo. But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank. Therefore he requested of the Chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
Speaker 2: Now, God, so he started. The last word started. But Daniel.
Speaker 1: Now God had brought Daniel into the favor in the goodwill of the Chief of the Eunuchs.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: Let's pause there. I want you to get this picture. You're thirteen and fourteen years old, and you know the scriptures it said in verse four that he was wise already. He had known the scriptures, he had the Torah, he had the prophets. He understood two things from the Old Testament. He understood that Isaiah had prophesied one hundred and fifty years ago. Well, it would have been at this point. It would have been about eighty something years ago. Eighty something years ago. Isaiah prophesies that there is coming a king named Cyrus, who is to deliver the people of Judea, which is Israel. Right at this moment, those that are were taken captive. He is a son of Judah, He's from the tribe of Judah. So himself being captured that he prophesied that Tires would come and free them at some point seventy years down.
Speaker 2: The road, because he also knew.
Speaker 1: About the prophet Jeremiah saying that their captivity would be for seventy years. Imagine you're that old, and you know you have a seventy year sentence saying in over your head, what.
Speaker 2: Do you do? Now?
Speaker 1: Do you forsake the Lord because you feel forsaken? Do what Daniel does, which he says that he purposed within himself verse eight again, but Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies.
Speaker 2: What do you do at that point in time? Right, It says.
Speaker 1: That the reason why in the Old Testament, the reason why they even went into captivity. It says that the remnant would not escape this captivity, that even they would be punished because they were drawn away by an.
Speaker 2: Evil king named Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Manessa even ended up sacrificing his own son and made him pass through the fire.
Speaker 2: It says he was wicked.
Speaker 1: He built astra poles inside of the courts of the Temple of Solomon, and they did heinous things, heinous acts. They built and erected all kinds of idols inside of the temple, and they desecrated the house of the Lord. So he said, not even my remnant would escape. Sounds sounds like they were in trouble, right, They were being put in a position where Daniel he's like, he's probably thinking in his head, He's like, I'm thirteen, fourteen years old, I'm filled with wisdom. I know the Gospel, right, I know the Torah, I know the prophets. And then all of the sudden, at once, He's like, Okay, this is that fulfillment of time. Now I got seven years to go. What do I do? Purposes that he will not defile himself. Now, I want you to look at this. This is where he begins as fast. Right in verse seventeen. Let's go to verse seventeen. As for these young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in literature and all wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams. Now, at the end of the days, when the king had said that they should be brought in, the chief of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuconezzer. Then the king interviewed them, and among them all, among them all, none was found like Daniel, Hannonaiah, Michel Azariah. Therefore they served before the king, and in all matters of wisdom and understanding about which the King examined them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians astrologers who were in all his realm.
Speaker 2: Thus Daniel continued until the first year of Cyrus.
Speaker 1: This is something that I found out, that means his fast began at the beginning of Nebukanezer and ended at the first year of King Cyrus. He fasted seventy years. That takes faithfulness. He chose faithfulness that resulted.
Speaker 2: In him in him leading.
Speaker 1: A life that said, I have the favor of God in my life, and therefore the king also recognizes the favor that he has on me, and so he has favor before the king. And it says that these men served the king continually in the word. In other translations, it says that they served before the king continually all the time. This is the same kingdom, mind you. That also the same kingdom that also made the law that said that not even the queen could stand before the king lest she be what killed for walking into his presence without being first called. That's the type of favor that God created.
Speaker 2: For these four men. That's favor outwardly.
Speaker 1: This king saw something amazing in these four young men, because he said that not only were they beautiful, they also saw wisdom in them, and that they had understanding and were quick to learn. There was something outwardly recognizable and different among all of the children who.
Speaker 2: They took captive.
Speaker 1: Because see, this king didn't just want the wealth of this nation Israel, nor the gold out of the temple, nor to destroy it, nor to make them serve him.
Speaker 2: He also wanted.
Speaker 1: The best of the best for himself, and he found that in the wisdom of God through these young men. He said, whatever you got, I need. And so he thinks he's calling them in because they're special. But guess what, God sent them there because it was his calling. In Seven Mountain Theology, we're taught that we understand that everything has a purpose, like there's the mountain of government, right in this case, Daniel was sent to the mountain of governance over Babylon that he would be the one who influences and oversees all the kings that were coming after nebukan Nezzer and Nebukanezzer all the way until King Cyrus. See the writer Josephis actually tells us what that that he believes that Daniel directly spoke with King Cyrus upon his arrival, when he spoke to him and told him. You have been prophesied over by Isaiah one hundred and fifty years ago that you would come and that you would free Jerusalem. Now is your opportunity to walk in the manner that the Lord has already carved out for you. It's your choice as a king to make the decision that you need to make. That is what the body of Jesus Christ should be doing continually before the leaders of the nations, that we should tell them right now there is a fullness of time that has come and you have a decision to make, whether it is good or evil.
Speaker 2: Choose for yourself. But God has declared it over your life.
Speaker 1: Where is the people of God in this time to be able to speak to the leaders of the nations.
Speaker 2: In the world. So he has to come station.
Speaker 1: And suddenly Ezra writes, another prophet, another leader of Israel writes, and he says, thus says King Cyrus, that he is going to rebuild the temple of God, and he is the only God, and he will make him his dwelling in.
Speaker 2: Not Babylon, Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: And so he hands them the papers, and then Ezra and Nehemiah go to build.
Speaker 2: Who stays behind.
Speaker 1: The one who had the call originally that he would be sent to a nation and to the mountain of government. Daniel stayed behind to make sure that he oversaw the kings of Babylon because they were still most likely I believe some people say he might have been too old to make the trek but I believe that that was his call, so he remains. And then in chapter ten he writes about the third year now of King Cyrus. So between the first year of King Cyrus and the third year of King Cyrus, I believe it says that he continued his fast, but then he stopped right, So he stops his fast for about two years. But in chapter ten he does something interesting. He reignites the fast. He starts it again, and then war breaks out in the heavens because he is behind the lines of another principality in Babylon.
Speaker 2: Now he needs.
Speaker 1: Gabriel to deliver the message. Gabriel shows up twenty one days later. He tells him, Oh, Daniel, you're so highly esteemed. He has favor before God. Remember this, you are highly esteemed. I heard you from day one, but the Prince of Persia withheld me for these days. And so then he said, so Michael came to wrestle with the Prince of Persia so that I could deliver to you the message. This man's prayer, through his unwavering faith and dedication to the Lord, he did not stop believing all the way until then he said, I'm gonna reignite the thing that I know that gets me all of these things answered, because his vision is disturbing me, and I need to pray and fast so that I know that I'm moving heaven and earth on this earth, right here, right now, on earth, as it is in heaven. So then he says, now, Daniel, I must leave you, because I'm going to go and take down what Prince of Persia, because the Prince of Greece must surely come. He set in motion, through his fasting and his praying the events that would eventually lead to Xerxes and all of the other kings that were coming after, including Alexander the Great, and then all of what needed to take place till the Roman Empire shows up on that place and thus brings what the time of what the four hundred years of silence, and then all of the sudden, the Spirit of Elijah proceeds in fore runs.
Speaker 2: The Messiah. There's a specific call.
Speaker 1: And a reason for every single person in the body of Jesus Christ, and you don't even yet know, like.
Speaker 2: This is just the iceberg.
Speaker 1: You're at the tip of the iceberg for your own life. You don't know the events that are going to lead up into the future or the million soul billion soul harvests that we need to have in our nation to bring about preparing the way of the Lord. Daniel gives us an early picture of the church and the position that it should be taking. Daniel gives us a great depiction of what we are to be like. Even to this day. You think Daniel's weapon is fasting. Some of you perceived that Daniel's weapon is abstaining from things right now. Some of you may think that Daniel's weapon may be prayer. But there's something else that God wants to give us, and we're gonna go into that. Outwardly, it looks like he has a life of consecration. Outwardly, it looks like he has a life of chastisement. Outwardly, it looks like he has a life of sacrifice.
Speaker 3: He just gave up all this bomb food, all these pastries, all this sugar, the best wine.
Speaker 2: And you know it was the best.
Speaker 1: Nebuknezzar was at the apex of Neo Babylonion.
Speaker 2: He was at the apex.
Speaker 1: This man would have You wouldn't have made it long or far had you brought bad food into the court, or bad wine or bad anything into that court, you wouldn't have made it far. Okay, So he gave up the best of the best for something better.
Speaker 2: And then the manner.
Speaker 1: Of which he did it is what God wants us to see, Okay, a life.
Speaker 2: Of rest.
Speaker 1: Through the Holy Spirit. We are actually able to walk in obedience to God. We're able to do the works of God through it. But what are the works of God? Jesus painted it to us like this, They said, what are the works of God?
Speaker 2: That we may work? The works of God? Right?
Speaker 1: He said, here's the work of God that you would believe in, the one whom he sent. How how do we go from working? But then it's just all about belief, right, But there's a manner that God is unlocking to us that he wants us to do that in that is beyond.
Speaker 2: What we're We're always about work. We're always about toil.
Speaker 1: We're always about moving and grooving, trying to get the next dollar. We're trying to get this, we're trying to get to that. We're trying to get the next item that we want on our checklist, you know, And that's you know what, that's that's in this world? We have needs, right, But there's a manner in which God is opening up to us that we should proceed moving forward in those areas of influence in life that he wants us to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Daniel partners with the call of God in his life. This is what yields him the results that he gets. Okay, the results are of course powerful, as I've already expressed to you right that He's moving heaven and earth in order to make God's will come to pass in that nation and for the nation of Israel.
Speaker 2: Right m hm.
Speaker 1: He has an unwavering love of God. I pay attention to this. He has an unwavering love of God, and he desires to be intimate with the Father and be brought and be brought into God's rest that God promises to David, the writer of Hebrews, opens this up.
Speaker 2: And this is what God again is desiring that we should have today.
Speaker 1: Because Jesus said, come to me, all you who are what heavy laden, take my yoke upon you.
Speaker 2: Right, My burden is what light. Okay, let's go to verse eight and go from there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just give you the meat of this one. For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not afterwards have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. That's you and me in Jesus Christ. For he who has entered his rest has himself also ceased from his work, as God did from his.
Speaker 2: Let us therefore be diligent.
Speaker 1: This word diligent means spidazzo, meaning to labor. We're gonna labor, okay, We're laboring to enter into rest lest anyone fall according to the same example of what disobedience for the Word of God is living in powerful and sharper than any two edged sword, peers even to the division of the soul in the spirit and the joints in the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of what the heart. And there is no creature hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him, to whom we must give account if we are to work at all or endeavor for anything pertaining to holiness. In this season, it's going to be to labor to enter into his rest. God is bringing reformation to the church. God is bringing a new discovery in his word to us right now, right sacrifice.
Speaker 2: He did not ask for from the new bride.
Speaker 1: Why, because the fullness of the sacrifice has already been made in Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Therefore, what is there left to do? For our great high priest.
Speaker 1: Said that after he had made the sacrifice, that he walks in to what the throne, and he sits him down at the.
Speaker 2: Right hand of what the Father.
Speaker 1: In the scriptures, we are told that we are to what that we are actually what seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. That sounds great if I express that to you, But let me tell you something about that verse. See, priests would have to sacrifice morning and evening, and the fire could never go out once it was lit on the altar and in the temple or on the lampstand. It had to perpetually be fed all the time. But Jesus made sacrifice once and for all, and has sat down in the only seat available inside of the temple.
Speaker 2: It is the mercy seat.
Speaker 1: When you are seated in heavenly places, you're actually seated in heavenly places. In the place that John saw the same lamb that was slain, and Moses saw the vision of what the tabernacle would look like, he saw the same exact seats and said, oh wow.
Speaker 2: And John goes, oh wow.
Speaker 1: The Lamb of God, who was slain before the foundations of the earth, is now seated right here on this throne, and all the elders are bowing around him. And he says to us, the Holy Spirit expresses to us, you are seated in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.
Speaker 2: And there's only one place where he sits.
Speaker 1: Therefore, it says in Hebrews, now we are able to come to the throne of Grace boldly. So we make our decrease from heaven, and we're seated in heavenly place. And that that is where Daniel was living from.
Speaker 2: Daniel's weapon was was rest in God. One thing David said, I have desired.
Speaker 1: One thing I've asked for that I would remain in the presence of my God forever.
Speaker 2: He knew this, and so.
Speaker 1: When Daniel goes into Babylon, one thing I asked for one thing I desire that I would be always in your presence. And the only key, the key to rest, and the only key that is found and the only door that is found for Daniel was to walk through the door of obedience. He didn't it says in the Word that sacrifices he didn't ask for, and obedience is greater than what sacrifice. He didn't ask Daniel to give those up. He asked them to just follow him, no matter where you go, no matter where you were going.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: How do we know this? How can we make this argument? How can we make this argument? Zach It says in the Word, Paul tells us expressedly that we should make our bodies a living sacrifice wholly and pleasing to God.
Speaker 2: Did he not? So? Can two things be true in the Word of God?
Speaker 1: Certainly, even though they seemingly are opposites. I believe that yes, it can, because we know that Christ has fulfilled the perfect sacrifice already.
Speaker 2: Right, we no longer have to make sacrifices. Right, Okay?
Speaker 1: So can it also be true that we can make a sacrifice of praise to God, much like David did when he brings the Arc of the Covenant into Jerusalem and it rests inside the tabernacle of David. Yes, Yes, two things appear again to be opposite, but they are all equally. Yes, and amen, we get to also make sacrifices of praise. We get to we don't got to. It used to be, we got to. Now we get to. Okay, we don't do it from a place of needing to, but getting to. And we no longer sacrifice because we must out of a place of knowing that we are already accepted in the Beloved. We do not sacrifice in our fasting. We give it lovingly and wilfully because our deepest desire, much like Daniels, to be in His presence, continually seated in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus and resting in His embrace.
Speaker 2: That's what this fast is about.
Speaker 1: Some of you guys are getting that free right now if you feel that that's the Lord. God did not intend Romans chapter twelve, verse one and two to be used to only abstain from the works of the flesh, but to have understanding that God's will for you is beyond abstaining from food or drink or sin.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Colossians two.
Speaker 1: As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him. This gives a new depth of understanding to a pastor preached last week. Last week he preached on Isaiah thirty twenty one. It says your ears shall hear a word behind you saying this is the way walking it wherever you turn to the right hand, or whenever you turn to the left, that's Isaiah thirty twenty one.
Speaker 2: See you received Christ.
Speaker 1: God did not intend his word for us to be simply about abstaining, but to.
Speaker 2: Teach us a way to walk in Him. And through the power of.
Speaker 1: The Holy Ghost, we are given the ability to walk in obedience to God. Walk into the throne of Grace boldly, and take a seat in the embrace of Jesus Christ, and say, yes, my Lord, what shall we do to whom shall we speak to? What shall we decree from heaven on this earth? To make heaven tremble and shake, and to have principalities brought down and low and bow to the feet of Jesus Christ. Even what we prayed about this morning having to do with the inauguration, every single blay, blaspheming tongue will not prevail against the will of God. We speak from heavenly places to this earth. What else is there left for God to do? His only answer to obedience is for that His word be made manifest in your life. There is nothing left for it to do. Did you catch that the only response of God after you have completed obediences for that his will to be completed through His word in your life.
Speaker 2: Just like Daniel. That's why the lions couldn't even kill.
Speaker 1: Him, because his obedience was the key to be in heavenly places. An angel had to shut the mouth of the lions because God is not forsaking his word over Daniel's life.
Speaker 2: That's favor. Man observed the favor on his life.
Speaker 1: That is the picture of the new glorious church that we are to be today to God.
Speaker 2: He was esteemed of God. I tell you today that could be you. That is you.
Speaker 1: You're esteemed of the Lord in Christ. You have received Christ, so walk in him. You are esteemed of God. Even angels declared it, and I'm declaring to you to even right now that that's the case.
Speaker 2: Let's do a first closing you.
Speaker 1: Guys ready, because guess what, we're running out of time and I still got some more some more good stuff to share with you.
Speaker 2: Come on, we got some good stuff. Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you further points to observe because God has always been the.
Speaker 2: Same and he will never change. Okay.
Speaker 1: First, Samuel fifteen twenty two through twenty three. So Samuel said, has the Lord great delight and burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Speaker 2: As in obeying the voice of the Lord.
Speaker 1: Be Hold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed than the fat of rams. For rebellions as the sin of witchcraft and stubbornness, as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has also rejected you from being king.
Speaker 2: He's telling Saul, and observe here.
Speaker 1: Saul was told basically this, you have the fear of man which is holding you back, and God's breaking that.
Speaker 2: Off of you. Okay, that applies, all right.
Speaker 1: And rebellion is as the sin of witchft, rebellion to what what he had already told him to do, and that's being broken off your life. He even tries to manipulate God by trying to tell him I did this for you. He tries to use God as escapegoat for his disobedience. Sometimes we want something so bad that we try to twist God's arm. Even in what seemingly looks like sacrifice, sacrificing and fasting, God's breaking that off of you today.
Speaker 2: God's breaking that off.
Speaker 1: Today, Obedience is the key to rest. God doesn't want you burdening yourself with without you knowing that you are seated in heavenly places.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Once we find that out, then fasting actually becomes a position of resting, not giving things up, not abstaining from certain things, understanding that obedience gets you there into the rest of God, and He has no other option but to bless you because he will not change, and he has not changed, and he will not back down on his own word. So when you choose to walk into the Holy of Holies, and that thing that you desire the most is that you be pleasing to Him and that you walk in Christ just like you received Him, and you just say, I'm gonna trust you, Lord. This is not what you want from my life. Perfect, that's what I won't do. This is what you do want me to walk like? Great, this is what it looks like.
Speaker 2: It's not about the don'ts, It's about the do.
Speaker 1: Daniel's weapon is what God wants to equip his church today with that you find rest, and the key to that door is obedience. Despite your circumstance, despite what things are from are are are are increasing in your life that may be negative, or that you are in a place or of work or influence that just seems to be overwhelming for you. You're not there to be changed by it. You're there to change it. If you have felt like you're continually sacrificing for your faith, God is talking to you. If you felt like you're being heavy this fast, God's talking to you. If you felt like you have done something to twist his arm. God's talking to you if you felt like religion was about abstaining from things rather than following the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and receiving his sacrifice that He made for you to walk in purity, holiness, love, gentleness, kindness, meekness, self control.
Speaker 2: He's talking to you.
Speaker 1: The next days of fasting may feel tough for you, but I'm speaking to your spirit that it is being strengthened. Right now, let's stand up to receive more of God. I found out that when I'm asked to do something from the Lord, if I'm complaining about it, then the thing that I still do tends to feel heavy.
Speaker 2: It still tends to be a heavy yoke.
Speaker 1: I found out that when I do it joyfully, wilfully, lovingly. Then the Lord graces me with his presence in that thing that I'm doing, and suddenly it just feels slighter. It feels so much lighter. I no longer in burdening myself unnecessarily. I'm doing it. This thing that I'm doing, I'm doing it from a place of rest because I understand that He's there continually, and that he never left me an orphan, that he saw me through my darkest times, in my darkest hours. And if you hear the voice of God today, do not harden your hearts like they did in the rebellion.
Speaker 4: Because He's bringing you into something beautiful and amazing, and he's teaching you to walk again. He's bringing his beautiful bride past religion, unnecessary burdens, and he's bringing it into a place of glory. He's bringing his bride into a place of strength, honor, dignity. He's bringing his bride his church.
Speaker 1: He's bringing it to a place of real influence, through the door of obedience, into his rest forever. If you don't know what this rest feels like, if you don't yet know what I'm talking about, this joke, this thing that God wants to train you up in as his child, and you want to receive the Lord today, we in the congregation want to pray with you before I release the Destiny team to come up. I also want you to know if you will receive the Lord today to find out what this rest is about. If you've been living a life of religion, come up also. And if that means all of you walk up here, that's fine, I'm okay with that. The whole altar is open. But I want you to know this and receive it fully. Because God is breaking this off his church. You will walk into your seven mountains of influence. You will overcome the devil. Heaven will move on your behalf today.
Speaker 2: So Lord, I just give you thanks.
Speaker 1: God for all these souls. Father, we receive you afresh in the new revelation of your son and what he has actually paid for that we would walk as a people in your rest, God, not having to do.
Speaker 2: But living to be.
Speaker 1: Yours, perpetually, continually.
Speaker 2: Living for you. God Father. We just say, bless us.
Speaker 1: God with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, bless us, Lord, command your blessing on this house God, because we are a house who is united for one purpose.
Speaker 2: This one thing we have asked.
Speaker 4: For from you, O Lord, that we would be always before you.
Speaker 2: And be always in your presence. God. This one thing we need is to dwell in.
Speaker 1: Your courts forever and ever and ever and ever and ever. God, in Jesus' mighty name, we seal this up today. God, Thank you for your loving us.
Speaker 2: Amen. If you're receiving the Lord today, please come forward.
Speaker 1: We want to pray with you and make sure that you're walking free, that you're walking in rest today.
Speaker 2: Amen. Love you guys,