Speaker 1: Shake it up.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite people. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Scott Farrel is on OPI Unfiltered Podcast, and uh, everyone's like, oh my god, this is gonna be crazy. No, we buried the hatchet years ago. Brother, people don't realize we buried the hatchet years ago. So for the people that don't know, I worked on the same radio station as Scott Farrell back at W and E W.
Speaker 2: And the short history is this, Scott Farrell was fuck it. You were a rock star. Back then, we were rock stars.
Speaker 3: Everything was going well, and then uh, well, yeah it happens.
Speaker 1: I had been in so much fucking trouble right as a as a host on the air. Yeah, in those days that I mean, I made them a lot of money. I got the gigs because I was good at it, Yeah, but I was always in trouble. Like so, before before I got to any W, I had been on in three hundred cities working from Mel Parmersen, and I was on at night time and I was like on WFA and New York and so I got huge ratings like you guys did. Yeah, pade me a ton of money. Yes, then when they moved me from LA to New York because I never listened. They would scream and yell at me all day on the phone, and I was on my raft in my pool, smoking a fucking hog leg the size of fucking Texas, and I was like, yeah, whatever you say, Mark turn Off was my boss. I go. Anything you need, buddy, I got you. Meanwhile, I've got fucking whoes wrapped around my school a blow and I wasn't fucking listening. So when I came to New York, they moved me from National syndication to put me on any w in Morning Drive. Yeah, like, we're giving you a pay cut and if you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself. I went from making a ton of money to making good money. And then I saw down the hall you two funny motherfuckers were making all the money, and I was like, well this, but I need you guys here great And I really loved what you did and I loved going on with you, and I thought it was the greatest radio station I'd ever worked on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's the weren't you living in a like a crazy ass, like kind of shitty hotel when you were doing Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Would pick me up in the morning with the with the NW BAN and I was strung out and high and tweaking and drunk, and I would show up to do the show drunk and they would say, like Oliverarro would knark on me to Ken Stevens and Tim Sabian and say, I think he's high, right, he's drunk. And then I would say, I go on the air and I just start raging, and I would I would get away with it because I was so good at like snapping out of my funk and going on the air and being funny and crazy like I was just a performer at that time. I was younk. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a couple things in there.
Speaker 3: First of all, when you're if you listen to management back then, especially, you were doing it wrong.
Speaker 2: Everything management told.
Speaker 3: Us we did the opposite, were like you, you don't know how to fucking do this. If you knew how to do this, you wouldn't be sitting at a cubicle, you'd be on the air making the real money, So go fuck yourself. Secondly, with the hotel thing, we always talked around the radio station like.
Speaker 2: Is this guy even alive?
Speaker 3: Like they're going to pick him up at that crazy hotel and then you'd roll in and just crush it every time you're on the air.
Speaker 1: My office with all the boxes in it, Yeah, I had all my shit and yeah at the radio station in boxes because I lived in this like studio. So what it was was it was it was a fancy hotel where like the New York Rangers stayed when they try Okay for the season, and the garden was on thirty four then last, but on the side of the hotel they had studios, right, So originally they put me in one of the suites at the top on the thirty six floor in the hotel. But after I ordered like one hundred grand in food and boot then they started figuring out the grift that I was like scanning them, yeah, and that that I was, you know, free loading. And then they moved me to this fucking crack room. It was like a studio apartment for crack addicts. And I went from and I was like looking out the window jerking off to the skyline of New York. Yeah. No, it was awful. At first I was penthouse. I'm up there banging house. And then I moved into this cracked neighborhood and I'll never forget in the back of the hotel where I lived. They the guys producers, was banging on my door to get me out of bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was. It was a day to day thing with you.
Speaker 3: But I could never even though we went through our issues back to the day, I could never hate this guy because when me and Anthony got fired for the sex for staying back in two thousand and two, you famously went on the air and defended us.
Speaker 2: Bro, You defended us, and what did that get you?
Speaker 1: I got fired, right, So I remember I went on This is how I remember it. I went on in defended, Uh what you did? I said, I did something to the extent of what did they fucking brainwash the guy to go in on the day of Atona and bang he is wide and he asked, and they like got inside their head and walked them down the aisle to do it. And then so I remember the next morning, I was in bed with thirty four CE I lived at the time in north Bergen in like this apartment, and the phone rang and it was CBS and they said you're fire. I said, what did I do? And they're like, you're friends with them? Click call five minutes later and said, and God ahead and sue us and see how that goes for you, because they owed me a couple hundred grand, right, we got a penny other I ended up moving to I ended up moving to Boca did morning drive on QAM Miami. I was number one in Miami in two weeks. But the best thing that came out of it open was I worked with Neil Rodgers. He was the funniest dude that I have ever worked with in my entire life. He was filthy and repulsive, disgusting, the racist. He was nasty, mean, but he was so curmudgety funny that it was brilliant. I think we were getting a twenty share together in morning drive. I did mornings, he did middays, and we killed it. I had so much fun in that year that I got thrown out of New York after sacks for Sam. It was the year the Marlins beat the Yankees in six games in the World Series, and I went to every game. It was fucking titties.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 3: But then after that we all came back to radio, and we all ended up on satellite, and you started working for Howard Stern, and that's when that's when the battle begun between.
Speaker 1: To this day. Not with me, no, but you and I have been friends ever since. Your fans they've wanted me dead, be dead for twenties sex years. I get threats yesterday this day, when people are online talking about because I do a podcast and millions of people watch it, and I get millions of threats and everything. And then I'll constantly see like, yeah, yesterday, I didn't tell anyone I was doing your show because I opened up the floodgates and say I'm going on the Opie Live podcast. Yeah, fucking I'll get I'll get six hundred thousand threats. So I didn't say anything. And then someone yesterday wrote, uh, tell everybody about this cunt Anthony Takumia, and I don't. I didn't see what he did or responded to, or if he even did at all. I just know that if I would have said I was coming on this show, I would have gotten all that gay ass party raw er right, fucking pussy shit. I'm you know, I'm not. I get it. What happened. Here's the truth. I went to work for Tim. I wasn't one of Howard's guys. I didn't I wasn't. I didn't suck his balls. I didn't swing from his balls. He didn't. He doesn't like sports. Yeah, he is not a sports guy. If he goes to a nick game, it's to be seen and then ten minutes later he leaves the game. Right. So I went to work for Tim Sabey and that was my guy. I worked for him at YSB Philly. I worked for him at any W in New York, and he asked me to go to the Stern Channels. I think the reason I was selected for the Stern Channels was because I had five million fans and they wanted me to bring five million fans to Howard Steet Right. They wanted my fans to suck his dick, and they did that and it worked. I was there but nine years whatever, and listen, I had a wife and kids. I'm taking care of my family over here, and they paid me a lot of money. And then I went to his wedding. But that was the only thing I ever did with him in nine years. And then when it ended, I think I got it the same way he just did everyone else. He did me a little cooler than them. Yeah, I had Buckwald was my agent. So They brought me in one day and they said, we're gonna move you to mad Dog Radio and I want you to go to lunch with Chris and I was like at the time. At the time, I was like, he's a pussy and I said, I don't want to do that, and they said, You're going to lunch with Chris. Yeah. I went to lunch with him and we got along and he was really cool to me. And I was surprised because I fucking hated him and fact sessa with a fucking vengeance. But when I went to start, he respected me because I did well for Howard. So once he got that job there making millions, he always groveled to Howard and he was one of the one of the guys, right. Yeah, he started treating me better. But they asked me to move to his channel. I declined, and I went back to CBS Sports Radio to do bro Own Invention nationally with like Jim Rome and them, and I did ten more years. And the reason I did it, though, was I got ten more years of pension out of SAG after him, So I did it for the pension because when I went back there, that was the biggest pussy fucking radio show I've ever done in my life. I had to be clean and I had to be perfect, and I had bosses Mark and Eric Smith work so far on my ass. They thought I would fuck it up and get fired within a year, and then I would screw it up. So I behaved on my best and I got away with ten years. And then what I get out of that, not to bore you, is that so I'm sixty one now, in five years, I get that pension till I'm dead, right, which is pretty nice because I did the white husband double easy money every month till I'm dead. Now, I should already be dead with all the Russ booz that I have fucking done. But I played basketball six days so we can have a great shave. I'm a monster, so I'm still here, and yeah, I get that fucking pension. So I'm not as dumb as people think. I didn't go to work as I like power. I went to work as I like fucking money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I get it. Victor goes, Wow, you made up with Scott.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I first started the podcast. When I first started the podcast, when I got screwed over by Sirious, I got Scott Farrell on the show, and I didn't know were gonna fist.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what the fun.
Speaker 1: Was gonna fight with you.
Speaker 2: Remember though, we're like, are we are we supposed to fight? Because when you.
Speaker 3: Went on Howard one uh one o one uh, you know, the rivalry between Open and Anthony and Howard Stern was insane. And uh, I think you start talking about us. We were talking about you, right, I did so.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I'm old, who gives a ship?
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, I think at the time one day you I remember you walking through the studios and I'm not bigger than you. Let's just get down to business. I'm I'm a I'm a six four fucking fuck off, right, I'm a lot bigger than you. And then i'm your buddy is even smaller than you. Ye like, I'm not like and I'm not suggesting anything other than I will fucking truck you. I'm a lot bigger, Yeah, but by I get it fights playing basket. I've been in fifty fist fights. I have the ship beat out of me. I have left with fat lips out here with dude with my mouth. I'm like dick and I've had black dude punched me in the mouth and I'm on the round leading with fucking teeth loose and black eyes and everything. But when I played basketball in the hood and when I played basketball in general, it's very violent. I've been in a ton of fistfights. Yeah. Time, like I was crazy, I did drugs. I fucking was not afraid to fight people. And I remember I think the night you walked and I was like, let's fucking go, Yeah, I kill you.
Speaker 3: See my problem in life has always been I've I've never been scared of people.
Speaker 2: So even though you're six four and you like you said you would have trucked me, I would have.
Speaker 1: I would have.
Speaker 2: I would have been in there. I would have been scared, and I would have I might have.
Speaker 1: Remember that night I remember you walking. I was like, I think I started up with you. I was like, my fucking god, the problem since yoursell live, didn't I at Westwood or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was at Westward for a moment, but me too, I got it. I gotta say.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, you know, with the Howard Stern rivalry, I had to watch my back with you in the hallway, bubb with a love sponge who I now love Me and him have done. He's been on this a few times. He's threatening to beat me up.
Speaker 2: So I'm waiting for a giant, fucking beach ball to come walking down the hall. I'm worried about him showing up.
Speaker 3: It was exhausting to watch your back like that back in the day with me.
Speaker 1: He's too fat. He would drop dead. No man, they went longer than a minute or two. I think there's potential for him to keel you do you remember them till this day. I love him. He's funny as shit, and I just haven't seen him in years and years. Like I do a show, but I haven't seen him and I hadn't seen him in a decade at least.
Speaker 2: Well, no, the problem with the fighting fat guys.
Speaker 3: Do you remember Billy Staples from the WNW days.
Speaker 2: We got into a thing with Billy.
Speaker 3: Staples and Paul through j Moore and they surprised us. He came marching through the studio and Billy Staples grabbed me in a bear hug, and that's when you realize you're fucked.
Speaker 2: When it's a big guy, you're fucked. I couldn't I couldn't move, And.
Speaker 3: Then it turned out, and then it turned out, and I was relieved that it was as that's a long story for another day, but I was relieved when he was whispering to me, this whole thing's been a prank.
Speaker 2: This whole thing's had been a.
Speaker 3: Prank, And the only thing I was thinking was thank God, because he's gonna squorch me like a fucking pancake if this continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never got in. I think I'm being honest, like so, through the years, I've done the show for like forty one years, thirty five years basically syndicated nationally, and then the last thirty years or so i've been in New York. I think the only I mean legitimately, the only radio fight I was ever in was with you guys. And meanwhile, meanwhile, you know how much I loved you, and how fucking great I thought this show was. I thought the show was the greatest show I'd ever heard in my life in terms of it was so funny what you guys did, and Jim and everybody involved in the show, Norton, all these guys, it was just the funniest show I'd ever heard. So I thought it was brilliant and then for me, it was a bummer that when I went to how one on one that it turned into that because I loved you guys so much that I thought it just sucked dick that it turned into a war because I've never had one of those, like I legitimately legitimate. I've never like my whole career. I get along with everybody, producers, people, the cleaning lady. I'm nice to everybody. You know, that's true. I'm not a dickhead, but I got turned into one because of that fight. And that fight got nasty. And once it got nasty, I was like, well, sink or swim. I'm I'm either gonna fucking stand up for myself or I'm gonna fucking end up being a bitch. Right. I was like, well, then let's fucking get it on. But I never enjoyed that time in my life. I thought it stuck. I thought it was nasty. I thought it was gay. I thought it was fucking unnecessary, And it was really disappointing for me because you guys were like my heroes. When I was doing the show there in mornings. Even though I don't remember much of it, you know, I said one thing I said that Olive would end up being the CEO in that company one day, and he is, He's impressment and I and then I just I thought that it was that they ruined the greatest station ever. They fucked that out of so juicy Baconator style. They fucked it up because that was a money making, multimillion dollar radio station with huge ratings, great talent, great people, and we had a lot of fun and they fucked it all up. So they went pussy and turned it into a fucking bitch ass radio station with disco musics.
Speaker 3: Right, So let me let me say, to this day, people say, ope, you're obsessed with Howard Stern, and I go, yep, because he ruined everything his narcissism. I don't know what you want to say, and it's fine, you don't have to fucking comment. But this guy was such a narcissist and it had to be all about him. CBS Radio had at the time, it had Opie and Anthony.
Speaker 2: Howard Stern.
Speaker 3: All they had to do was sit everyone down and say, look, just get along.
Speaker 2: We're printing fucking money.
Speaker 3: But Howard Stern couldn't take that shit, and behind the scenes, that's what drove me nuts, and that's why I'm obsessed to this day. He would call the bosses at bitch and complain. But he never fought his battles on air. You fucking took his on head to head when when shit got ugly, not Howard.
Speaker 2: Howard would go behind the scenes that you can't can't tell you just set the fuck up, and then he would act like a tough guy in the air.
Speaker 3: But but behind the scenes he was the biggest I'm telling you right now, Scott Barrow, the biggest pussy I've ever ever.
Speaker 1: I didn't like fair enough. I don't absolutely have I will not dispute any of that. I just absolutely like so like he just did you know my guy? Uh? I know everyone there obviously, and I was rassigned. Uh. I brought on he was mine, right, he was an intern. Uh. They never paid him a nickel. And I brought his brother on, great basketball player, by the way, six five. I played a lot with him. He was a He was a great player. He would come out to my crib and play and these these insane games and violent games. And he was just a black dude that pissed off white people and he was so good at it. He was so great at getting on the people's skin, and I would put him on he at night, and I mean he would start ship immediately, and I mean the show would just fucking blow up and it would be crazy every night, every night. So he ended up doing the wrap up show I think with Gary for like at least twelve years, and then I think the last fifteen or three or four years he did Stern Biology. Right. Yeah, he got fired, and a lot of my friends there got fired. He was the one I cared about the most. But I knew how they how they felt because it didn't happen to me. I would have changed the channels as well. Look when they did it to me, I thought, this is a good idea. I would I would make one on one more about Howard and less about whackpackers and Pharrell doing sports shows. I didn't think it was a bad decision. This thing. Now, my opinion of it is it's a lot different, Like he's an old man now and he's doing like show a week or something. It's just it's over, Like, I don't know, so the ICA listens to it, right, Being honest, I don't know one fucking person on the Easy hurt, and so I'm telling you, like, at some point you have to look the vein, you know, I gotta keep going. I've never been that dude, though. Listen, it's simple. I got fired last July on television and I told thirty four C I said, my mortality. I understand it, real simple. I'm finished. No one wants me, I'm old, I make too much money and I don't listen to a fucking soul. I'm impossible, I'm high making. It's over. So I have not got one radio job. I have not done any TV. You know what I do. I do the Fellu podcast. I'm asked. That's it. And I got it to the point where millions are watching and I don't have a boss, and everyone will suck my fucking dick and I give you a job. I made a lot of money like you. You're so fucking rich. You're living at the fucking beach and you're having sex four days a week. I'm over here. I don't want to work at fucking for anyone anymore. Eat a fucking cop you.
Speaker 3: So this is refreshing because a lot of people go, man, hope you you burn a lot of bridge, and I.
Speaker 2: Forgot I forgot that you're worse than me.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: Because that's where the good stuff came from when you didn't listen to the horseshit that radio. They made radio so hard because you had these just these bosses that desperately wanted to be on the radio. They failed, they failed being radio show hosts back at college, and they're trying to tell you what to do. As soon as I realized to everything that they don't do anything, I should say that they tell you to do, and you're going to be very successful in this business.
Speaker 1: I did. They WFAM put me on on Christmas and New Year's and then I did the last show ever on Infinity Sports Network, which was ce Thees Sports Radio. I started to network with the very first show and then I ended the network with the last show when it went black. Now it's on Westwood one Sports. So they had me to do a shows and I did shows. And after the first show, I did a show on like the day after Christmas, like the twenty Seconds, and they told me that like four hundred and thirty five thousand people mail of the station, and he said to me in a meeting, thirty five thousand of them were death threats, and I went, hey, that's pretty good. He's like, yeah, we don't. We don't think so. And I go, listen, man, you're such a pussy. I go, if four hundred and thirty five thousand people emailed you about one five hour show that I did on the Fan on the night after Christmas, you have to understand if I did a show every day, you'd fucking get a ten share and you'd make millions. Iven talk about people that fucking hate me. Do you think I give a fucking cunt hair about fucking people that don't like me. I am the most vilified, hated, despicable bio person ever on radio. Now here's the difference he's seen me. The program directors, this young guy that used to run Michael Kay's show at ESPN, he runs wf Fan. Twenty minutes after I went on the air, he was calling the fucking board hop and yelling and screaming for me to talk about the mix. As I was talking about penises and radio that run radio, the students that have destroyed me. You know what they do now, They hire young hat talent, pay them nothing, and you know what they do with the rest of them. They give them thirty five hours a week, not forty so they can't get benefits, right, They fucking like screw everyone. No one makes an I got a job offer oh to do a show in Hartford, Connecticut, and won five stations, two sports stations. I asked, my god, David Katz is my fucking agent. You know who that is for sure? So he got me this job. They offered me seventy grand. I go seventy grand. I made that last week betting on the Red Sox. You fucking grand after taxes, it's forty five. Move to Hartford. I want to fucking kill myself. Radio is so awful now. No one listens to the radio. People watch the Opie podcast, people watch for lu that's what people do. And my kids are perfect group. They all listen to their own goddamn music. They don't listen to the fucking faggy radio music and they're fucking stupid gay ass playlist. Yeah, fucking quote me on that. I'm right about that ship too.
Speaker 3: I finally had to drop the radio in my name because like my kids were looking at me, like, fucking radio that's archaic.
Speaker 1: It's archaic and serious.
Speaker 2: XM is literally a graveyard now there's no nothing, I mean nothing.
Speaker 1: To listen to over there yesterday because you I follow everything you do, right watch the show. But did you see when I posted people still listen to the radio?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I got the only obviously. Ron Bennington's still crushing it.
Speaker 1: And he's a guy.
Speaker 3: He's fighting stage four colon cancer and he's better than anyone else that serious exam, the rest of the rest of them.
Speaker 1: You, no one gives a ship.
Speaker 2: What's he on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's on serious exam.
Speaker 1: All right, he just had Uh that comedian was it Dylan?
Speaker 3: He's doing ship while he's getting chemo. That's funnier than anything else that has to offer. But now their golden goose Howard is down to one day. That fucking turn off the goddamn Like that guy.
Speaker 1: Do you know that guy? Jared Fox? He used to be Tim's bitch, and he's the president. He's the senior vice president of sports. He runs the whole sports division. Uh, he won't even talk to me. Now. I remember when he ran errands for me, and now he's in charge and won't return my emails. I'm on the serious XM app. So I have a gambling podcast, yeah, from Profitable TV that I do with my partner, but we rarely do it because he's rich as fucking He's out on his yacht, cruising out of your house now on the shore, and we only do it like once a month. We're doing it Saturday. He's in Nashville. He's a really busy guy. I do forell you every day, but I do the one with him like once a month. And it's actually on their app and they have but they have three thousand podcasts and like, if you went to look for a podcast on there, you wouldn't come home for three fucking days. Of course, it's awful if they don't promote it or anything. I loved being on it. It's great being on it, but it's no different than being on Apple, Spotify and all the rest of Yeah, I just do for lu as. I just work on that market place. I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it, but I gotta.
Speaker 3: I gotta jump in because you're you're giving me so much ship I was. I follow you on Twitter. I'm amazed.
Speaker 2: You're just fighting people all.
Speaker 3: Day long, which is crazy because those people they're not right, like x X alone is just as.
Speaker 2: Cesspool at this point. But you're there fighting the good fight every day.
Speaker 1: I just like I do it to a humor someone like you. Oh, I'm laughing the funny comments that I meant because every one of them now is so nasty and bulting and hateful and spiteful. And I tell people to kill themselves, and like, you know, people are like, you know, this is a very this is this is a serious problem in this country. And I'm like, fucking you kill yourself to a motherfucker, right, dude, a bridge, drive off a cliff, drunk driving. I do everything bad.
Speaker 3: I I check my I check my Twitter, you know, a couple of times a day as I'm enjoying my life, and I'm i'm I'm like, these guys are just hanging out on Twitter trash would be all day long as a as A'm boogie boarding with my kids.
Speaker 1: It's fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm not even there to read half your sitious.
Speaker 1: It is vicious. The difference is like so like back in the day when what we were on, you know, together on age, I used to get a lot of death threats and everything, and I and the NYPD Cybercrimes Division would come to the station and talk about all the threats that I was getting. And then one day I actually got attacked. And I was on forty eighth and eighth and a guy came up and he just fucking hammered me with one hundred mile an hour haymaker right in a temple. I was fucking and I'm just lining in my own business. I'm all stunned and shit, and all of a sudden, I just got whacked and I went down. I split my head open, I'm bleeding, I was out cooled. They put me in an ambulance, and all I know is I lived in Hell's kitchen. So when the guy hit me, he started running. And the guy that parks the cars in my building, I used to give him Yankee tickets and get him weed. So he loved me. So he chased the guy and when he got to his car to take off, he took a picture of his license plate and then they put him in rikers for a year. That that I mean that attack, right, Some people do actually uh stock and pursue like an animal, so actually want me dead, and they they have actually done their diligence and gone after me. If I would have seen it coming though. I think I had a shot with him. I would have fucking so he liked rab punches. You fucking just fucking just keep fucking punching.
Speaker 2: Listen, Scott, So this is amazing.
Speaker 1: You have no idea how much money I made off of a Red Sox.
Speaker 3: I know, I want to talk about the Red Sox. I want to talk about, uh what I do want to ask you about?
Speaker 2: Uh? I was reading up on you a little bit.
Speaker 3: You had some kind of health emergency and had to lose like twenty twenty five pounds or something.
Speaker 1: So I had open heart surgery. My heart exploded. Go figure. I did a little coke and my so my, you know, think about the years of partying that I did right right, So, one day I was in bed, right and I was sleeping, and I went like this. I walked up and I thought I was having like a nightmare or some shit like a you know, a scary dreamers. And I was like, what the fuck? I mean, my whole body, I mean I just came out of that. I was wah fuck. And then I so I at five am, I went to play basketball and playing ball and thirty seconds into the game and the guy garden. ME goes, yo, hey, kind of, he goes yo bo, You're like fuck with purple, and I went, I don't feel good, and I went over to the sideline. I sat down. I went home. I laid on the couch all day, and then at three I had to do my TV show. Five minutes into the show, my producer Mafia goes, hey, listen, you're purple, and I went, yeah, listen, I don't feel good, and he goes, all right, go to the hospital. I go finish the fucking show. And so I finished the show. When I got off the air three hours later, I walked upstairs and I saw lett. I go, I don't. I don't. I can't breathe. I don't feel good. She goes, your daughter has a basketball in go to the hospital. I get in a car and driving into the hospital. I hate this fucking place. Every time I go this goddamn fucking Osby, I end up in an operating room. I fucking cocksucker, fucking hate this doctor. Cock fucking dick and mothered fucker. And then I get to the parking lot. It's twenty degrees outside. It's November and it's freezing cold and raining. I walk into the hospital on a fucking waring sweat, like fucking I had just done an eight ball, and I fucking booked at the lady. I go, I think I'm having a heart attack, and they rushed me back, put me in a machine. Came out, you're in full heart failure. Boom. Put me in an ambulance one hundred miles an hour. They got me tied an ambulance. I'm doing one hundred. It's like a movie to hack you. And they took me to a heart specialist. They brought him in. It was he's there heart valve specialist. So it turns out both of my heart valves had exploded off of my heart when I had the When I was in bed right at sixteen hours with my heart rain blood, he said, you should be dead. I'm gonna save your life. I'll see you in the morning. I wake up with one hundred tubes in my in my chest and in my mouth. I had a cock down in my throat. I had fucking all your all your fans would have been happy seeing me fucking dying. I had to fuck my fucking eyes and so I was there for six weeks in cardiac and I was in a week in I see you, I had both of my heart valves replaced with cowbalves, and I have a clamp that runs my heart. And fourteen months later I was back playing basketball like it never happened, and my wife wanted to fuck my surgeon. He was Greek, really thick, care perfect tan rolex. He had a surgeon jacket from six foot tall, handsome, shiny white vinear teeth. And she said to me, holy shit, I want to fuck the shit out of your surgeon. And she goes, I want to do it in the room by the radiant you're over there while you're laying in that fucking bead tied up, because I want your fucking life insurance. Motherfucker, I don't even love you, so she so the nurse came in afterwards, she goes, tell your fucking count wife to get in line. Just number one oh four. We all want to fucking why four kids rich lives in a mansion. But I was there for six weeks. By the time I was done, though, I was taking bets from uh the nursing staff was playing poker with him. I had my like mobster friends bringing pizzas and strombolis Vike it in purpose set because when you're in the hospital and you have heart surgery, they give you like a piece of lettuce and a pear every day to have a plan to have shit smuggled it. I'll never forget. My buddy's like a mobster, came in with a pizza. Lady's like, sure, that's not allowed. He was like, fuck off, bitch. She brought my pizza in. And then my nurse would let me have one slice of night in the microwave ove and he was nice enough to s meet me. Same guy in the morning would put me in the corner in the fucking shower spraying with a hose. Make it in the corner, my little new heart, and they would spray. It was like a scene out of a movie. It was awful.
Speaker 2: Bro. I you know we're older now, it's so it's I'm so happy to see that you have a change.
Speaker 3: This is the same energy you had when we were like fucking kids doing stupid radio.
Speaker 2: You're in you're insane. So did you have to change your diet? Did you have to do so?
Speaker 1: So? I lost? I got up to two forty and now I weigh like two twelve. I stopped eating. They made me stop literally eating junk food. I don't eat bread. I don't eat dessert. I had to stop drinking rum and coaps because I drink about three four doubles a day. Yeah, I had to stop drinking beer. They made me stop smoking weed. When they opened me up, he said I had coal miners lungs. I go, what's that? He goes, they're very black and it sappy. I was like, what the fuck does that mean? He goes, your lungs are gone done. I don't smoke, mother. People think I smoked because of my boys, smug fucking ganja for like thirty years, forty years. Yeah, So I quit that, and I don't do edibles. I don't do if I get into purpose, which is highly unfortunate. I don't do anything now. But I lost thirty pounds and I eat like fish, and I eat salad, I eat, and I eat pistachio nuts. Like that's another one. Your fans are like Burrell's eating nuts now for a living, Get out of that. That's all I eat is nuts, and I eat healthy, and I work out a lot, and I played basketball a lot, so I'm look dude, I think like for a sixty one year old. That will fuck you up. I put thirty on you right now. I play every day against all these retired NBA and D one stars. Yeah, either or not. I played in the best run in New York City, and I got in it because my daughter played for one of the guys that played at Villanova and he was her coach. My daughter was an All County Star basketball star, so she was the first girl that played with the boys. And he said one day to me, got any game, old man, I go. I got a little and so I went down and played. And then when I started showing up and they saw I was committed and that they could count on me, and I was dependable, and I would show up at five in the morning. Then I became part of the crew. And they're all way better than me. I played with guys like Andre Baret, who played in the NBA, played at Seaton Hall, played at Rice High School in New York City. I played with great players. I'm a good player. They're great players. I'm just a good player. I can score, I can finish, I can read on I can pass, and I can I'm just lucky I can play ope. After having an open heart surgery, it really sucks.
Speaker 3: So, by the way you keep mentioning the the Opien Anthony fan base, I would tell them to leave you.
Speaker 2: Alone, but they go after me now too, so they ah, they're eating me alive too.
Speaker 3: Because you know, being Anthony don't get along, so that they eat me alive too.
Speaker 2: So I can't even help you, Scott, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: This is all he does over there at Coumpound is great. I think it's fantastic that he started his own thing and the shows he does with Jim and I haven't seen Jim since I think Florentine's wedding. I was at that wedding as well, But those guys were all in anyone that's doing anything creative and that's doing something they love and then, yeah, enjoy doing in life. I'm a fan of I don't have anything against either one of those guys. I understand that you may not get along with them. I'm cool with that too. Everybody has issues with Peovil. I just try to fucking go day to day and just do my thing, play ball, work out, have a couple of Vodkas now, I will tell you I'll have a couple of vodka Zobie because I commence myself. It's low calorie vodka, and I can see through the right like so that the coke is what's bad for the rum is sugar and that's bad and the coke is really bad for you. So when you can see through your cocktail, also still see through a vodka cranberry. Yeah, I can see through the glass. And yeah, someone on the other side, I'm willing to have five to ten of those.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, fair enough, we haven't even talked to we haven't even talked sports.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're making a.
Speaker 3: Shit tont do it on the Boston Red Sox, who are having a killer year. I'm not a huge baseball fan these days, but I understand that the Red Sox are crushing it. And aren't you like a Yankees fan, but you're you're rooting for the Socks because you're making money off them.
Speaker 1: I mean I am, but like I went to the Yankee doubleheader against the Pirates a couple weeks ago, and I went to both games, and I whatever one o'clock and seven o'clock, right, I got home at five point thirty in the morning. Jesus Christ, going to a baseball game, that's when you know you're sick, but I'll tell you this much. Let me just give you the numbers. It's crazy, right. So they this is lap just last night. They were down to nothing. They were down four to nothing. They were down four two, they were down five two, they were down five three, they were down seven five, they were down seven to six. They were down nine seven, they were down nine eight, they were down ten nine, they were down eleven ten and they won the game. Okay, and then how about this. It gets even better than that. You have to even hear it to believe it. They came back five times during this eight game street they beat the White Sack twelve, eleven, and thirteen and eight straight. They've won twenty six of twenty nine games. Jesus are now twelve games over five hundred, and they were twelve games under five hundred on June twenty fourth, and on that day they started the next day, they started on the twenty five at the four game series with the Yankees, and David Cone was doing the game and he goes, you know, this is where they can turn around their season that year. I cheet it out. Fuck up, They're not going anywhere, are you fucking kidding? They swept the series and they've lost three times since that day. And so what I did was opie. As you know, I have a massive gambling problem, and I bet literally on the Red Sox every single fucking day since. And people know because I you know, I sell picks like I've always done. I've always had right my company profitable. Dot tv is where people buy pavages to get my picks. I have thousands of people customers that buy my bets because I'm fucking good at making people money and I'm good at betting, and like, for instance, I just had a run of twenty out of twenty five bets. Thank you, Boston Red Sox. I just had a run of twenty three out of thirty. I mean, I'm hitting it. An eighty percent clip, a seventy six percent clip, fifty two you have like a semi would. If you're at fifty five percent in Vegas, you're a fucking ron airing me. And in Vegas if you're in the seventies or I'm fucking king, I'm fucking king fucking all right, all right, well how much how much?
Speaker 2: How much money did you make in this run?
Speaker 1: So you know the rollover, the rollover, if you did it, you're talking about making I think it's somewhere around. I could be wrong, but I think it's somewhere around seventy five seventy six thousand dollars if you like, rolled over every single day on the money line. And I could be wrong about the number, but I've made a lot of money. Okay. So I bet on him every night, and like, I woke up, So I go to bed early, and I get up at five to play ball. So I go to bed to games and like the fucking second inning. When I go to bed, I wake up, I'm pissing. I got a fucking boner. I'm pissing. In the morning, I look at my phone twelve eleven, I'm like, God, damn, they fucking did it again. They win every fucking night, and the Braves are one eight in a row as well. So when I get a team hot, I always bet on teams that are hot on heaters. Yet the team on a heater, you ride it. You ride that hull until she stops sucking dud.
Speaker 2: You're you're obviously crushing it. Look how big your chain is?
Speaker 1: Oh well, listen, I haven't say uh that I'm a fucking fag because I wear a gold chain. Gave me this chain twenty six years ago. When I'm still with her and you can fucking eat a cock and you don't like my chain again, fight again. We're not fighting, alright.
Speaker 2: This is love. This is pure love right now.
Speaker 1: I just people like you. Just see me when I go out to dinner. I wear a fucking diamond pinky ring too, you fucking bitch.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, one last thing.
Speaker 1: I'm now sweating. You got me fucking one last thing because I try to keep a heart attack on the Opie Live.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we haven't even talked to the ratings. You're gonna have to come back because we barely did anything. We just were just catching up and I tried to.
Speaker 1: Talk to you about the really quick. The Dodgers deferred money the contracts they have through twenty forty eight is one point one billion. There are sixteen teams combined in baseball that have a deferred payment of one point one billion. Sixteen teams combined all their deferred payments equals the same amount as the Dodgers are paying just their team their luxury tax. Listen to this is also I think it's one hundred and eighty seven million dollars their luxury tax this year. And there are sixteen teams in baseball with a lower entire team payroll than their fucking tax bill. They have to pay that to pay this team they have, they have to pay a luxury tax bill, and they have to pay that bill. That bill is higher than sixteen teams payroll entirely. So you wonder why they're in the World Series every year, just like the Yankees used to do it. They're buying their championship. Yeahyball, moneyball. Indiana bought their college football title forty million dollars payroll. Now, I went to Indiana, right and I was there for one of the three Bob Knight national championships. I worked for Bob Knight. We wanted an eighty seven. We beat Syracuse. The schools won five basketball national titles in their history. Never before had they been good in football. They sucked it. But last year they became the first team in the history of college football to go sixteen and zero, and they did it with a forty million dollar nil payroll and a great coach, Kurt Signetti. So today in sports Opie the lesson of the day on the Obie Live podcast. Is money buys you everything? Of course shan't buy you happiness, bull fucking well, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But the Dodgers are fucking up baseball because all the small market teams don't even have a chance.
Speaker 1: When they have open day for a strike December first, they'll get a lockout, which will turn into a strike. What's the difference if the owners lockout the players or the players strike either or baseball will not happen. The last time it's not happened was nineteen ninety four, ninety five, no World Series. Get ready, because you know what, the players will never accept a salary cap when they're getting paid contract like they earn now right, Soto steel he got seven hundred and fifty million fucking dollars and the Mets swallow cops. Yeah, I only got seven hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: I only got two minutes left.
Speaker 3: But I got to ask you, because you are a basketball guy, what's your thoughts on the trans athletes possibly going into the WNBA. It's starting to look more and more like a real possibility. Where are you at with trans athletes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think kicks with Dick should be playing against women. I'm not. I'm not and I'm not interested in a war with these people. I don't give a shit. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Guys dominate chicks in sports. That's all there is. Too. Like, I played with a chick the other day. She played Division one college basketball. She was great, she saw the floor, she shot well, she's hitting threes, making great passage, she knew how to run an offense. She did everything. But she also didn't have a dick right right.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think it's obvious too, but I would love for someone to explain to me why this is.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't get I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: And the WNBA is gonna, you know, they're gonna fuck it up. But everyone's paying attention to the WNBA. They're gonna fuck They're not in that league's blowing up right now, and it's right huge.
Speaker 1: I think it's it can be okay at times, it can be decent. It can be fawn man, I enjoy it, okay, so it can be good. It can be good. I've also seen it very bad. I've seen a lot of you know, really bad basketball. When i've watched it. Listen, I just learned to say that when the Knicks won the title, I honestly it was better than fucking popping ant Like. I actually thought it was the greatest night of my life because I had waited thirty years for that shit, and I watched that suck for thirty years. Basically, I mean, they made it ninety four ninety nine, but see them win it all the way they did in five games against that guy Wemby. I fucking partied so hard with my son and watched that game. That was the greatest. Like my six Steeler Super Bowls and my five Penguin Stanley Cups, couple Pirate World Series that I went to nothing. You know, the Penguins and Steelers mean more to me, but I love the Knicks so much and to see him win it, it was fucking better than stacks.
Speaker 3: All right, let's cut it off. Here we caught up. This is my old friend Scott Farrell. We buried the hatchet many years ago, but I guess the old fan base doesn't know that. Give the big plug, Scott.
Speaker 1: Just keep killing it, Opie. I don't need to plug anything, but Pharrell use on X and hate me all you fucking want.
Speaker 2: There you go, the great Scott Farrell. Thanks guys,