Speaker 1: Let's go with a Minnesota Goodbye already. Okay, Hey, I want to know a question for you. As you listen to the Minnesota Goodbye? Do you listen at one times speed one point two five speed, one point five speed or what speed do you listen? I know you actually listen to the show, Bailey, I do not. Do you listen to what speed?
Speaker 2: I listen at the regular speed one speed. I only listen to books at like one point three speed, But if it's a podcast, I always listen to it at one speed. Okay, unless like if we were talking really slow and it was annoying me, then I would speed it up.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do that with tiktoks.
Speaker 1: I listen usually at one point five if it's a podcast, And yeah, because I think one point five is about as fast as I could listen. So I'm just curious, what speed do you listen to our podcast at? Send me a quick email and let me know. In anything else you want to talk about, let's jump in with this email. Okay, No, that's a fake. That's this is the first one I clicked on was an advertisement, so be it. It is basically unleash your full potential with war bands. Make every rep camp count apparently, imagine transforming every movement you make into a powerhouse workout without any limitations, with prices below one hundred dollars. So we get this garbage that comes to and then I block it. So I'm going to go up here to the three dots and hit block block Ashley Avery, who apparently works for an ad agency, And I feel bad that people. You know, there are people who like send out garbage basically spam like that, and they send it to probably every available email address, and if they get like thirty five people responding, that's a win, you know, not us.
Speaker 4: I used to be on that side of things because I was a PR intern for Minneapolis, So I was like sending out press releases to our media list constantly.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, did you ever get responses?
Speaker 5: No? No, not usually, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean you have to do it. That's kind of what the media person does, you know, send out press releases. All right, let's move on to Kyle's email. Kyle say or Kylie says, Hello, I got a show topic stemming from this story. One night, I drunkenly sent my now husband a boob picture on Snapchat. After about fifteen minutes, I get a call from my best friend saying, go look at your Snapchat story. Yep, boom, I accidentally posted my boob picture to my story. Twelve people saw it, thankfully, nobody too bad saw it like my now mother in law, cousin's mom, co workers, et cetera. God, So my possible topic is, what did you accidentally post send email to the wrong person? Love you guys, kylie ps. Snapchat must be troublesome in that aspect, because a couple of months ago, my brother accidentally sent me a dick video. My God, enough, there are some things you cannot unsee, traumatizing l O L. I've told this story before. I was in a group chat with Carson and Susan and I accidentally sent to Susan, how's that pussy? And she wrote back juicy, And then we realized that Carson was in on it, and I said, God, sorry, Carson just ignored that, and he, I think sent the wide eyed like holy shit emoji, but I don't remember, but it was kind of funny.
Speaker 5: But also, god, I don't know react.
Speaker 4: If I was Carson, I would probably just like, I wouldn't say anything. I'd be like just forget it, just hopefully forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, we've never brought it up.
Speaker 5: That was gonna tell the story Carson from the time that your.
Speaker 1: Mom juicy remember that, which was a great response, all right, please don't say my name. And listened to the podcast where Bailey saying the alphabet backwards made me think of a story for you. I got home late from work one night. My husband was sleeping and try not to wake him up. I took my bladder infection meds, which were sitting on my nightstand. I tried to go to sleep. Saying the alphabet backwards in my head all always puts me to sleep, but this night it did not. I said the alphabet backwards so many times that night it became muscle memory. So I started to do it in Spanish for context. I took Spanish in high school and college, so I'm not fluent by any means. Still, I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't sleep all night, arose the next morning, looked at my bladder infection meds, which were not bladder infection meds. I took my adderall prescription.
Speaker 3: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: At eleven o'clock at night, I'm gonna guess adderall like caffeine kind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On the plus side, I can awfluitely say the alphabet backwards in Spanish, which is a fun party trick. I guess I know.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Have you ever accidentally taken or consumed something you thought was something else? Possible show topic idea. Love you guys, Thank you. I won't say your name. Yeah, I think Jenny was here on the show. I went to the doctor many times for my stomach pains, and a doctor gave me something for my stomach pains, and for a month or so, I'd get so tired during the show and I would lay down on the studio floor and about how tired I was, and Steven Fallen were like god, wow, and I said, yeah taking. Then I realized that these were basically meant to be taken before you go to.
Speaker 3: Bed, yeah, like drowsy kind Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that saw that when you ever taken anything, Jenny, that was the wrong.
Speaker 4: Med just I have done expired cough syrup before, and I was immediately sick from.
Speaker 1: Me really seriously.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow yeah, So look at your medicine and make sure you throw out expired things, because I just did it in my medicine cabinet a week ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't haven't taken any like medication or anything. But did you know that half of the root beers half caffeine and half of them do not have caffeine?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Because I definitely had a caffe at a root beer once and it was like seven pm, and I don't think I slept a week A wink all night.
Speaker 5: And has caffeine.
Speaker 3: There's like four of.
Speaker 2: Them that have caffeine. It's so weird, like it has to say caffeine free. I really can for it to be caffeine free. But I, oh my god, I was just like, why am I awake right now? I don't understand. I never drank caffeine because caffeine just makes me not sleep ever. Bars Yeah, and that's the best root beer too, Barn w Well, I like both. I like Barks because it's got like that, it's snappy in its kind. Arisprisp, I like that, and and w is just fine.
Speaker 1: You've a shout out to Northern Soda Company who has diet root beer that you and I were there a month or two ago and it was actually really good. You would never know its diet root beer. Here is a longer email. It says, don't say my name, as I dropped my job title in this email, and I don't anybody connecting those dots. You'll understand later. Okay, here we go some questions that I thought of for the podcast. Appreciate that wondering what each of your zodiac signs are. This is basic, but out of pure curiosity and wanting to know who you really are. Just kidding, of course, but would love to know how much you think you resonate with the basic description of your sign. And and here we go. I am a Scorpio. I do not believe in anything astrological in the least and I think it's purely fun. And so I'm a Scorpio.
Speaker 4: Jenny, I'm a Taurus. I do believe ish sort of. I don't go out of my way to look at things or like get readings done or anything like that, but I do like to read things.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, ooh, that fits me.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to talk about, Jenny, that we have this can come up on the show, but I want to bring this up. But speaking about things you don't believe in, you're doing some sort of mega hurts frequency therapy. For pain.
Speaker 4: Well, oh no, I was just listening to a podcast about how frequencies can help you with like certain things in life, like mental health, and I don't know that they touched on pain. I'm not that far into the episode yet. But if you listen to like five twenty eight, is it what does HD stand for?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Hurts hurts?
Speaker 5: Oh, it is hurts. Okay.
Speaker 4: So those are like very calman kind of songs, and so it's really good for anxiety and stuff. And then you think about like what you like to listen to when you work out. Some people can do podcasts.
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 4: I have to have like very hyped music. Some people don't like that. It's like it's all about this energy that you bring into certain situations. And I just don't know if I believe it or not. But I will say when I've listened to the five two eight playlist before and I've been anxious, it has calmed me down a bit. But I don't know if it's just like a placebo effect of me thinking like this is supposed to make me feel a little bit more calm, or if it actually is, like the frequency is helping me.
Speaker 1: It could be either one placebo effect is very very strong. It's very effective. Bailey, what sign are you?
Speaker 2: I am a Virgo and I mostly agree with the Virgo things because I do like lists and being organized, but I'm not like clean, like super like anal kind of organized. And vont is a Leo and that checks out to me.
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay, yeah, Leos are like entertainers.
Speaker 1: Next one, I listened to Jenny and Falon's podcast, and Jenny recently talked about the importance of seeing a psychiatrist for mental health meds rather than a primary care provider. I want to give a shout out to weather Girl Jenny for being spot on. I think this needs to be heard everywhere. Your primary care is great, but psychiatrists specialized doctors who specifically work with mental health meds. So there's a psychologist who is not licensed medical doctor they can't prescribe meds, and a psychiatrist who is a medical doctor.
Speaker 4: No, just saying like, if you go in for your PAPSHMIR and stuff, your general physician, oh, I know that, you know, like they can, so I was kind of saying, like those people cannot. But then yes, there's like therapists and then there's psychiatrists. And my therapist could never prescribe medicine because she didn't have the qualifications. But I was saying, like, don't go to your general physician to get medication for anxiety or depression because they really are not specialized in that area. A psychiatrist is going to ask you a lot of questions and really nail down what you need and what kind of medicine you need and what is the right amount of medicine and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that makes sense. It's kind of like if you have you know, if you have cancer, you don't go down to your primary care, you go to an oncologist. So same thing with a psychotherapist psych psychiatrist. Yes. She goes on to say, this is so important to know, as I guess I should have mentioned I am a psychotherapist and I have so many clients come to be frustrated after struggling with navigating their own med management. This way, primary care providers can have a long wait list or less capacity to be helpful. Help is out there. You get to know where to look. Psychology Today website is a great place to start, as you can put filters on for location and insurance. Thank you for normalizing and spreading awareness about mental health. Jenny, You Rock. Next question from the same staff writer, wondering if you guys have a go to coffee order, maybe Cariboo specific, since it's a Minnesota company, and I wonder what Vaughan thinks about Caribou, knowing that he's not from Minnesota. It is the superior coffee and anybody who disgraces it can suck it. Sorry, not sorry, totally agree with you. My coffee order is either I'm gonna be fancy, I'll do a latte, but I'm usually black coffee with either skim or once in a while, oat milk or almond milk. I don't know the difference. I can't taste the difference. But mine is just basic coffee. What about you, Jen?
Speaker 4: Mine from Caribou is a cold brew with a half shot of milk chocolate to add a little flavor to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mine's like any iced coffee, So a cold brew or an iced latte.
Speaker 5: I'm like the vanilla ice I do.
Speaker 2: I mean I like that mostly if it has ice and it has milk of some kind like oat milk in it and then.
Speaker 3: A flavor, I'll drink it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, delicious, and I know that vont likes caribou because I've seen him drink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good, good to know. Also, if you ever need a therapist opinion for something, I'd be willing and more than happy to help you all out. I worked in different three different areas of mental health care, from residential to outpatient, and I have a ball or sense of humor in my opinion, So let assist. No ps waiting for nothing but improv day on the Minnesota goodbye, do that again soon. That's it for now, have a great day, y'all. All Right, Sleigh, I'm gonna be real honest, and I would love to have a therapist on And we've tried several and sometimes because therapists are so smart and they're so well qualified, they're not always able to keep it concise. And I think that's one of the things we've run into with a lot of experts, because I've learned over my years in radio. You could have somebody who's an expert in nutrition and you get them on the show to talk about, you know, what's the best thing to eat for being healthy, and they get so deep into the weeds because they're so smart and so qualified and passionate about what they do, but they're not always the best people on the radio, So I would not say I would say that when you say you have a baller sense of humor, that's a plus for me. Yeah, because for you to call yourself out as having a great sense of humor and use the word baller, I would suspect that you probably be pretty good on the.
Speaker 3: Right And then with Sleigh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we but we oftentimes don't put experts on the radio anymore because Jenny and I have experienced. You will get somebody on who's a great expert on cruise ships, like, Okay, here's the best way to go on a cruise ship. At about thirteen seconds in, we're like, holy fuck, wrap it up.
Speaker 5: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean we just don't in general do kind of like intervieweek type of.
Speaker 1: St it's not really our tone. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ways, so it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's like, if something really big happens, we get Sharon McMahon, who she is very much media trained, so she does such a fantastic job. But we don't typically have too many experts we need on for things on the show because because we are the expert we are.
Speaker 1: We love hearing from you to give us your opinion. And we love when therapists or doctors or cruise experts right in and say, I am a blah blah blah wedding planner, and I know this. Jonathan Fogel is really good. He's an entertainer. He's able to keep it concise and short. And but even I've got talked to by the boss because once in a while, Jonathan Fogel and I will get too chatty and the boss will be like, you know what, you don't need to talk to Jonathan Fogel for eight and a half minutes after ward, Thanks for that one. Next one, longtime listeners thought of a couple of things. I had an older brother. Mostly we got along, but he had a stray streak of boy mean. One time, running away from him, I tried to climb a barbed wire fence and caught my leg coming down on a barb Literally, a three inch deep gash should have had stitches three inches deep. That'll go down to the bone. Do you mean a three inch long gash three inches deep? Hold your fingers about three inches apart.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it hurts.
Speaker 1: That would go to the bonew Okay, I believe you. They said I still have an Astis car and no stitches. Also, for funny, spray painted my barbie all black and then turned the spray paint on me and got my eyes. I was made five wow. Er visit no long term damage. Lastly, this dumb college girl was visiting a state park with my then boyfriend. Was wearing a denim skirt and thought she would jump from one set of parking posts. They're almost like a balanced beam in front of each parking spot, so the skirt held me back and cracked my head on the bean post. Thing concussion and er visit fun times. I've also had concussions on backyard skating ponds and skiing. Yike's Luckily I can still hold a high level job. Keep up the amazing entertainment A right, D. Thanks D. You are definitely injury prone, but I appreciate that. Let me see here. Let me go back a little bit, and there's some that we didn't get to yesterday, so bear with me while I page around here. Caught up gang hopef, you're having a wonderful week so far. Need some advice. My girlfriend and I have been together seven years. We're both twenty five, lived together since junior year of college. We're having differences about moving out of Minnesota. We were both born and raised here. She really wants to get out of Minnesota due to a lot of family and personal problems she's been having lately, and just says she wants to try a new lifestyle in a different state. I feel the opposite. I love Minnesota. I've got a great paying job side hustle, and I play semi pro soccer, so I love it here. All of my friends and family are here as well. I'm open minded to movie, but she's really pushing the idea and I just have second thoughts. I am open minded to moving, but I'm a bit hesitant as everything's going well for me here. Any advice on how I should handle the situation. Do you guys recommend moving or trying out a new lifestyle somewhere else? Would really love your input on this. Also, just for fun, if you guys move out of state, what state would you pick? And why? Hope y'all have a great rest of the week. Thanks for everything you do all right, which, if you don't know, that is a sign off that we use and I don't know how it came up, but.
Speaker 3: All right, old country buffet guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bailey, exactly right. Yet the old country buffet guy, Jenny, you start, Yes, he loves it here, she does not move or no.
Speaker 4: I think that that is like going to build resentment in your relationship if you really don't want to. So I think you guys got to talk that one through. But I would say move yes, personally. I think that, like, especially if you're young enough you don't have like kids holding you down here, I say, yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree Bailey.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He seems the way that he worded it seems very much so that he does not want to move, and so like he says, oh, I'm open to moving, but then less a million things why he wouldn't want to. So I feel like it would create resentment if between, like for you, if you moved for her and then you didn't like it and you missed it here, and then what.
Speaker 1: I think you're both right. I have another little observation. I know somebody who had family problems here and they moved away, way away to get away from the family problems to start a new life. The problem was they were most of the problem. And I want you to ask yourself to the person who wrote this letter, is she part of the problem? And in other words, I wouldn't want to live near my I wouldn't mind living near my family, but I have to keep my family at arms distance because I cannot support Donna. I cannot support other sisters. And they're not full of drama, They're full of can you loan me money? And so I would have trouble. But if I were to move, I'd move to Colorado. Where would you move, Bailey, I'd moved to Chicago, Okay, Jenny, Oregon. Now we get into a little odd part of the Minnesota goodbye Now. Yesterday we recorded it in two parts. The first part was about fifteen minutes long, and we recorded probably another ten minutes after that. Well, because we have terrible equipment, the second half did not record. So I tried to go back and restore the emails that we had read and deleted. And I'm might repeat some because none of us can remember exactly what we read yesterday. Are you with me? Does that make any sense?
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I just want you to check in make sure it's recording right now.
Speaker 3: It says it is all right, It'll be good.
Speaker 1: All right, let me open up the email again. Here we go, Hello, besties. I was at with my best friend orr nine year old son Colton for lunch and I was talking about all the stupid questions like what's your favorite subject? And he had a question for me. What's your favorite time of the day? I said, the morning coffee with the Dave Ryan in the morning show. He says, I know the Dave Ryan Show. Have you ever heard Dave's dirt? It was so cool to talk to a nine year old about the show. So, Dave, two questions for you. What's your favorite time of the day? Mornings? No question. I love when I don't work in the morning show anymore. I will get up early as I can and have coffee while watching the sun come up. Love mornings. Can you help me make my daughter's Lexi's twenty third golden birthday dream come true? She is dying to see Alex Warren. She's obsessed with him and his wife Cover.
Speaker 5: They're big TikTok people.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, she's been following since they lived in their car. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If she has a baby girl, she's naming her Cover. I know you don't usually do that, but I thought, why not dask old Daddy Bear, we've been trying to win. We'd listen every day on iHeart and never get through. Thanks for all that you do, all right, Jenny Bailey vont what's your favorite time of the day.
Speaker 4: I would say mornings as well, but I also like love a sunset, so I'm it's tough for me, but I do. I feel very energized when I'm on a vacation and I'm up before all the tourists are out and stuff, and I'm doing things, and it's just very calm. Yeah, the best, It's the absolute best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same with mornings, Bailey.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I like mornings, not necessarily as early mornings as we get, but like I don't know, seven o'clock, if you're like dressed and out the door and like getting stuff done, man, it feels good. You feel better than everybody. You're like, yeah, I'm on a walk and seven thirty kind of thing.
Speaker 1: When I go camping, we almost always get up early and you hear the birds and you don't hear other people or whatever, and the sun is kind of coming up. And like when I go to Colorado, we have a jacuzzi in the backyard, and I like to get up early enough to take my coffee outside and watch the sun come up through the trees and you hear the birds and it's quiet, and it's just Yeah, definitely love mornings. As far as your tickets to see Alex Warren, I don't have a way to get you in. But if it already happened, well, this was written yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh, Alex Warren was in the sky rim on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Though, right, So I think what they mean then, I think what they might be saying is to the actual concert. Had I gotten this a few days ago, I easily could have gotten your daughter in to see Alex Warren. But he was here on Tuesday. But I will say when you and I'm going to leave it up to you, Dana, when you find out when he's coming, send me an email. I'm not going to look it up for you, but if you send an email to me, I can look and see if I can get your tickets for you and your daughter. And you're right, I don't normally do that because one of the pitfalls of being in radio is people ask for concert tickets quite often, and I kind of have a personal policy, Like even with friends, no, you know, I'll do it for Allison. I might do it for Carson. But even with friends, I usually say no because I kind of like just don't like being taken advantage of. Like if I had a friend that was a doctor, I would not go up to her and say, hey, you know what, I've got this pain in my side? Can you take a look? Can you give can you give me a recto exam?
Speaker 5: I nurse Wendy every time you have an ailment on the why why?
Speaker 1: Because I got her tickets for Bone Thugs and Harmony.
Speaker 3: Oh that's why.
Speaker 1: That's why. So I do things for her. She does things for me.
Speaker 5: Do you scratch mine? I scratch jokes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and it's kind of like I think we all and give you a quick story. I have a friend and she may be listening and I and she knows because we had a little discussion about this one. She would ask for concert tickets frequently, and she was my friend, so I would get her concert tickets. She was a server and she worked at a bar down by target Field and we went there right before a Twins games Susan and she was on duty and the bar was fucking packed. I mean, you just couldn't get near a bar and I said, Hi, Hey, how are you doing? I said, yeah, God, we're trying to get a couple of drinks. It's so crowded in here. She said, well, belly up to the bar and she walked off. And I remember thinking it would have been nice, after all the things that I've done for you, to have maybe said, oh, I got you taking care of Sure, I'll get you. I'll get you a couple of drinks. What do you want?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: And I said it later, I said, you know, that really kind of hurt my feelings. That I've done things for you that I enjoyed doing, but when you had a chance to do something nice for me, it never even entered your mind. I'm so sorry. You're so right. Was I a dick to feel that way?
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think so. I mean, they're your feelings, so they're valid.
Speaker 4: I think that if she was busy, my brain wouldn't as like a former server, she was busy, I wouldn't be thinking about doing anyone favors.
Speaker 1: So if I'd done a lot of favors for you, though, wouldn't you be like, here's a chan's busy.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that her mind imagined during the morning show is someone coming up to you and asking you to like, are wanting something from you, and you're in the middle of the morning show, like your brain is in work. Mods Well say, that's what I'm saying, is like, I don't I think that. Yes, she could have helped you out if she would have thought of it, but there's a good chance she was so busy that she was just like I got to get this table this and that table that and whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. So you know, I'm always open to see other sides of it, especially if I agree with them. All Right, last one that we'll do here on the Minnesota Goodbye. Do we have time, Jenny, or we had a time?
Speaker 5: We got like a minute left?
Speaker 1: Okay, I will. This is a good one. I like it. I love you all. Discussed the conversation on Monday about cremation and what to do with your body once you die. This is something I have to think about. I found out this winter I have incurable brain cancer, which will ultimately shorten my life. And I'm going to read through this quickly, but I don't want to diminish how impactful and powerful this is. In my late night thinkings on the matter, I realized I want to be created, cremated traditionally, and put into a real comfy chair. That way, I could still comfort my loved ones if they're tired or sick, and they could take a nap with me and know that I'm close by. There is still the issue of someone at some point making the decision of what to do with my chair, and I don't want to end up on the curb with a free sign in the rain. Call me crazy, but it seems really peaceful to me to be somewhere where I could give my loved ones comfort when needed. For context, I have three very young kids, and my favorite spot is my chair in the nursery where I rock them to sleep at night when they are sick. And if I could do that forever, i'd want to thoughts. I have so many thoughts, Molly. My heart breaks that I don't know how you are. I don't know how you do it knowing that you won't be there to see your kids. And I don't want to get too sad and bring you down, Molly, but that's very sad. I'm so impressed that you're thinking selflessly about what you can do to comfort the people you'll leave behind.
Speaker 3: I think being a chair sounds like a great idea, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: It really does, And so as these kids are growing up, they can still be like, yeah, mom's here.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't think you'll end up by the curb with a free.
Speaker 1: Sign, Well you will. You will eventually be with a.
Speaker 3: Solid waste sign. After too much love.
Speaker 1: That is it, Minnesota, Goodbye, Wrap it up, Ryan Show at KDWB dot com