Speaker 1: Jumping a month ahead in temperatures today fifty two to start and warming to seventy with a mostly sunny sky, easy PC.
Speaker 2: Tonight we're down to forty six.
Speaker 1: It will be downright chili for Sunday morning, especially for those of you heading out to tailgate ahead of the Bengals game. But by one o'clock, temperatures will be in the low seventies, warming to seventy four during the game with sunshine from your severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning meteor renaldis Jennifer Catchmark. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: It's fifty two degrees right now and the polling count is high.
Speaker 2: Our next update is at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm Whitney Harris, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Muns twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Saw this young lady opening up for food fighters earlier this summer. Absolutely wonderful. She still rocks it. Chrissy Heim, Happy seventy third birthday today. She's not quite in the middle of the road. Was he all over the road?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 6: Let's kick it good living.
Speaker 2: He's trying to find me.
Speaker 7: I'm standing and I love not with my pants and aut me.
Speaker 2: I gotta smile.
Speaker 8: We've been went out me.
Speaker 7: As long as you don't time dagging my base, propping them on my street.
Speaker 9: That's come on.
Speaker 7: Me fare kicking the road, Come on now the love. Yeah, whoa, let's see hard good living.
Speaker 2: Seventy three degrees. I wish it was seventy three degrees, seventy three years of age, born in Afron, Ohio on this date in nineteen fifty one, and still doing it. I just mentioned Garry Jeff good morning. Before we look at and look back at significant events and people died to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these, this date, in nineteen twenty one, the first Miss America pageant held in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Of course, they can't do that now because they can't define what a woman is. Whoever they are. Tragedy and nightmares and the war they all coincide in Coalesce. September seventh, nineteen forty, Nazi Germany began an intense bombing campaign of Great Britain during World War Two with an attack on London known as the Blitz. In eight months. The campaign resulted in more than forty thousand civilian deaths. A year later or three years later, nineteen forty three, in this state of fire at the Golf Hotel in Houston claimed fifty five lives. The Pro Football Hall of Fame opened for the first time and can't know how on in this state in nineteen sixty three and shining its first seventeen members. Also on September seventh, the Panama Canal Treaty Canal treaty calling for the US to turn over control of the waterway to Panama at the end of nineteen ninety nine, signed by Jimmy Carter and the Panamanian leader who was just a puppet for the communist Chinese after all. Let's see here, Rapper Tupac Shakur shot and mortally wounded the Las Vegas Strip. He would die six days later. The year was nineteen ninety six. Two thousand and five. Police and soldiers went house to house in New Orleans to try and coach remaining residents into leaving the city shattered by Hurricane Katrina. And you'll remember President Bush warned the mayor to get everybody out of town before the storm even hit. Nagan didn't do anything. Bush got to play. I still remember those people sitting there when they had ample time to leave that big bowl in the golf and New of Mexico, and they stayed in their houses anyway, after being warned and told and completely totally cajoled into getting the hell out of there, standing on the roofs of their flooded homes. George Bush, come help us, let's see Sandy Robins, great jazz musician, is ninety four today. Gloria Gainer, she will survive at eighty one. Julie Kavner, great voices on The Simpsons and elsewhere, seventy four today. Actor Corbn Burnson has a birthday. Michael Emerson Michael Feinstein, what a world class pianist. Diane Warren, a world class songwriter, turned sixty eight today. Toby Jones actor comedian Leslie Jones, most famously on Saturday Night Live, is fifty seven today. Tom Everett Scott fifty four. Shannon Elizabeth turns fifty one. Oliver Hudson is forty eight. That's enough, all right. If it's your birthday, I hope it's absolutely the best birthday you could possibly imagine. You get to spend the day doing the things you like to do with the people that you love, truly my wish for you. It's five forty two weather in sports coming up. We'll wake up, get our mouths working, our brains working, and do this thing together. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: This morning at nine, Mike Allan Rands raves and then calms down with a virgin lime.
Speaker 2: Ricky on seven hundred WLW. Is your home prepare for the upcoming cold weather A great place.
Speaker 11: That starts by having your homes attic and walls properly insulated.
Speaker 2: When your addict's not properly insulace three tomorrow, no humidity at all to speak of. Tomorrow we warm back up Monday sunshine in eighty one and Tuesday all the way up to eighty six. Summer's not done with this yet. This morning, though it's fifty four degrees seven hundred Sport, Liam Tomlinson, the Reds. You just can't stop him, eliminate him from playoff contention, and they win every night out.
Speaker 12: The Reds fell to the Mets six to four last except for last night in extra innings thanks to a Mark Venta's two run walk off home run.
Speaker 2: They were battling. They looked good.
Speaker 12: Brandon Williamson through four and a third innings could have only one run. Yeah, he was on it, but it wasn't enough. The Red Legs are back in action this afternoon. Inside pitch begins at three ten and first pitch set for fourteen.
Speaker 2: See, I couldn't stay awake for the finale of the game. It went into extras and I just I didn't have the the e space to remain conscious during that. I had to get up a do this. And I just thought that they were going to continue on their role that had started with the Houston Astros. But apparently I was sadly mistake. I didn't think they were going to lose a game in September. I thought they'd went out and make the playoffs. But here we are catch all the action for tonight's matchup on the home of the Reds seven hundred WLW any high school football for me, of.
Speaker 12: Course, West Claremont tops eleven and twenty four to fourteen. Owen County spoils Daton's homecoming forty two to eight. Former NFL quarterback Chad Pennington Sayer squad holds Ludlow scoreless, topping the Panthers forty two to nothing. Beach What handles Dixie forty one to twenty. Bishop Brosser shuts out Pineville forty nine to nothing, Connor Rouse Lafayette thirty eight to zero.
Speaker 2: Did Pennington actually play or is he just coaching?
Speaker 12: He's the coach there. I believe they restarted the football program a couple of years ago. His first son committed to Marshall and he has another son that's the quarterback there.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, so I knew something was going on in North College Hill. The game interrupted in the third quarter by gunshots close by the stadium, and that game was canceled with the Cincinnati Country Day.
Speaker 12: Yes, Cincinnati Country Day was up twenty eight to twenty in the when they called the game in the early third quarter due to the gunshots.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's kind of like trying to kill President Trump when he's on the campaign trail because you know you can't beat him otherwise. Kind of like that. You see football back in action to day against Pitt.
Speaker 12: Yeah, big game this afternoon in Clifton, Newport host Pitt. They're honoring the two thousand and eight team, so they're honoring Tony Pike Bins and other former UC legends. Pregame coverage begins at eleven kickoff except for noon. You can listen to that action on one of two seven WBN and on seven hundred WLW and sil Red's coverage begins. The Bengals begin regular season, played this Sunday against the Patriots Tomorrow. Baby Tomorrow is listed as doubtful with the hamstring injury and Jamar Chase has still not signed an extension. Kickoff is sept for one. Pregame coverage begins at nine. Catch all the action on the Home of the Bengals ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Chase actually said he would be a He's said he would be a game day decision is whether he played or not. Money talks. If you can't beat the New England Patriots without Jamar Chase, then the team is not very good. We will all find out together. It's five forty six, seven hundred WLW. This is News Radio, seven hundred WLW. Kelsey shout out to Greg Jones. What's going on? Man? And Mam Tree is on the line. Now. I will tell you, Mamitree. We don't have a whole lot of time this morning. If you would like to sing for us, I'd love to have you sing. If there's something on your mind. Let's get it out of the way, because we love you and we want to hear you. What's going on? Hello?
Speaker 13: Oh I'm on now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're on right now, and you're wasting precious seconds. Okay, what do you want?
Speaker 13: Okay, there is something mountain Man Cromwell Hunt King said away, but there's something.
Speaker 14: That man.
Speaker 2: Amen, oh amen. I love a song about Jesus, especially at ten told any time of the day. I love to sing about Jesus. He's worthy of praise and to be sung about him. Anything going on?
Speaker 13: Where our friend Jerald died Saturday in the fernals Today, it's stiff.
Speaker 2: How did you? How did you? How did you? How did you know Gerald? Honey?
Speaker 13: Well, Gerald's mother is a Jow and I'm Warsaw and I went to school with Scottie Jows. His cousin adopted him. It's my little brother.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry for your loss, dear.
Speaker 13: He's a white man. I'm white colored Indian.
Speaker 2: You're transracial, as you once told me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I'll hope we're gonna take a bus load there. Dick is right down the street, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, Well, enjoy celebrating Gerald's life, yes, and know that you will see him soon again. Mama Tree, I got a roll.
Speaker 15: Baby, love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too. Good to hear from you. As all was, Dick is hanging next? Summer was fun, it was great, wasn't it? But it's time to get your own fresh And how's Dick? Good morning, Dick.
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 6: Garry's yeah are you?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 16: Dick?
Speaker 9: I'm okay?
Speaker 6: How about yourself?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not very convincing. Is everything all right?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything fine, Everything's fine, Okay.
Speaker 16: I've just been.
Speaker 6: Doing a lot of work than the libraries for my class. It's a it's a dang.
Speaker 9: That class is hard.
Speaker 2: Well, Now, which which continuing education class is this one?
Speaker 17: Dick?
Speaker 6: This is the one that all the classes were fulled because people going back to school.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what are you taking?
Speaker 6: This is a Greek it's called manager a county. It's they just talk about costs of good inventory. And the balance sheet is the one that confuses me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, Dick, You're not the only one who's confused. You know what else is confused by a balance sheet? People like Kamala Harris. They have no idea, They have no idea what they're doing with a balance sheet. They need to take the continuing classes at Sinclair Community College. Yeah, they really do before we put them in charge of our money again. So, Dick, this is the important thing. Bengals who day who day? Who they? They're going to make them Bengals? Is it going to be the New England Patriots? The New England Patriots come into Cincinnati like the body Boston blowhards that they are. Yeah, and what do the Bengals do with them tomorrow? Give me a prediction westside. Jim wants to hear Dick's picks.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven twenty four of the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Did you just say twenty seven twenty four. Yes, that was your prediction almost every game last year.
Speaker 1: Purely warm to seventy This afternoon, you're scowpy, mostly sunny with the north wind at ten miles per hour. Tonight clear, cheerly and nearly record breaking with a low of forty six. The record for tonight is forty four. And then for Sunday for the Bengals games seventy four and sonny. No rain from your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Right now it's fifty three degrees next the date is at six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning and Nation for Saturday, September seventh, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. You are you, and that's perfectly fine with me. Six oh seven. It is time to talk to our friend Dave, who was most recently heard on this past Tuesday night.
Speaker 18: Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I go but Syric, Well, you left me anyhow, and then the days got worse and worse.
Speaker 2: And now you see I've gone completely out of my mind, completely out of my mind, coming to take me away. Ha ha, They're coming to take me away. Morning Dave, This morning, Gary Jeff, how we're doing good? You were You made an auspicious debut this past Tuesday night on these airwaves on my night Cap show when we did Saturday Morning on Tuesday night. It was great to have you. Thank you for your appearance, and it was great to be had. Shape the opportunity, you know, oftentimes it is great to be had. You just lay back and if it's inevitable that you're going to be had, just lay back and enjoy it. I always say, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: All life in general?
Speaker 15: Yes, Saturday?
Speaker 2: How was it? Not a lot of people know this, And forgive me Dave for spilling the beans on this, but Dave is a patriarch of a pretty huge family and they literally come in all shapes and sizes and colors. And I got a family photo of Dave and his wife Kathy and their whole brood, and it's like the United Nations, and it's great. I love I love your family, I really do. We've been blessed. Yes, you're blessed. Indeed what you got?
Speaker 15: Well, I was just wondering if you know how to make the letter of the number seven even? How?
Speaker 2: What do you say, even how to make the number seven?
Speaker 15: Make the number seven even?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 16: Well, you just take away the S?
Speaker 2: Did you say take away the s? Yes? Yes, okay, that's what I thought. What else? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well, uh, what kind of key unlocks of banana?
Speaker 2: A monkey?
Speaker 13: There?
Speaker 9: You go, yes, bingo, you got it?
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 9: What do you get when you cross a peg and a tree?
Speaker 2: Does this have something to do with rodies after rock concerts? I don't know. What do you get when you cross a pig and a tree?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Yeah, well you get a porkupont a porcupine.
Speaker 2: You pint that was almost worth almost almost worth my time? You know what, Dave? What? I think it's time to do this?
Speaker 11: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham is the sound of America. When I listened to Willie, I get all American goosebooks. He ooses the American Dream.
Speaker 19: My toe got infected and was oozing this yellowy puff stuff, but it didn't stop me from listening to Willie.
Speaker 2: I had a tape for him and still listened to Willie. I still listen. Even with my prolapsed hemorrhoids, nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham. I am a great American.
Speaker 20: Bill Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred wl.
Speaker 21: W Attention neuropathy sufferers. Amazing research has now shown that neuropathy symptoms can be reversed. One patient, Andrew had Conboy of Radio Ga.
Speaker 2: Ga out there some for you to enjoy. This morning at six sixteen seven hunter WLW, Gary Jeff Walker and our old friend radio Rick standing by. Good morning, Ricky, how are you?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 17: Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 16: I'm doing great and I'm going to give you a four x four reception report this morning. And I don't care because it's not about the reception. It's about this ridiculous radio. This is a nineteen forty one Mitchell Manufacturing company offering. It's from Canada, and it is a combination AM radio and table lamp.
Speaker 17: And let's just.
Speaker 16: Go ahead and jump to the catalog, shall we.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 16: Now the interesting thing, first of all, reading the Canadian advertisement, shade is of Celanese tapeta with gold piping trim.
Speaker 2: What the hell do you say?
Speaker 16: I have no idea but it sounded cooln it. Shade is of Celanese, TAPAA is gold piping trim. Now the US version in the catalog says cream color rayon.
Speaker 2: All right, color rayon in my radios, I'm.
Speaker 16: Telling you so. Okay, the the luxury lamp designed for better light. Well, you got a bulb, a switch, and a shade. Design it for I don't know, beautifully styled to grace the finest home interiors. Okay, there's luxuriously convenient radio entertainment waiting for you in the precision built five to tube radio incorporated in the novel lamp. You can read your book or newspaper under scientifically correct light and enjoy your favorite programs at the same time.
Speaker 2: Are you sure this description wasn't written by Kamala Harris or one of her speech writers related?
Speaker 16: Are they? And the best part for me? I think works anywhere. Yeah, I'm thinking bathtub, swimming pool, inside the furnace.
Speaker 2: Not so much, not so much.
Speaker 16: Oh oh, and excuse me. There's one other part which says, for essentially the same price of a compatible table lamp, you get the radio included. Well, if you were I or anyone else ever would have paid today's equivalent of four hundred and seventy five dollars for a table lamp.
Speaker 2: Sure well, I also wanted to simonize my car. If you'd like to know more about antique radios, check out Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. West Side Jim, we're very short on time, brother, What is on your mind?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Out here on Harrison IVEEW with Brian I bolt for the typical west Siders. We're out here filming and I just wanted to call in to say hey to you, but just to put in a plug for our movie.
Speaker 15: And it's off for early Gary Jeff. But I see more like a thirty ten for the Dixter.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no way this game should be close. The Bengals should know, the Bengals should wipe them off the field tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Now we got the Prima Donna back.
Speaker 2: Huh oh d you know what. You're such a hater. God love you. At six twenty seven hundred WLW overheard at the latest Scott Sloane fan Club meeting. Next item, getting slowly on a commemorative stamp. GINO, what did the post office say?
Speaker 10: They gave me this form to fill out, but under accomplishments I wasn't sure what to put just.
Speaker 9: Right down, that he's amazing, and that he's hysterical, he brings people together.
Speaker 2: And that he's smart. You definitely want to say that he's down to earth. Did he go to the moon as an astronaut? If he did, that would really help his chances.
Speaker 8: Yes, he did.
Speaker 10: Scott's Loan Monday morning at nine and catch his podcast on the free iHeart radio.
Speaker 5: Ad.
Speaker 22: Hey, it's Ross American Grill on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, start up a new season, then, glad to welcome back Bengals head coach Zach Taylor for the twenty twenty fourth season. And where do we want to start here? We have three preseason games in the can. Players aren't a lot about a lot of precas and games. I'm not wild about them and of their beyonds. Do you learn much from the preseason games that you would not want to pick up on watching these the same group practice every day?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Well, I mean our depth gets an opportunity to tackle, which you don't do a ton of anymore in training camp, and so you get a chance to watch all of the young guys that don't get many opportunities, you get a chance to see that death play, and so it really does ultimately help our football team once the season gets started.
Speaker 2: You had the starters in the first preseason game, unlike the past couple of years. Was there a benefit to that or was it, well anythink beyond just getting the fans off your back.
Speaker 23: No, I think it's just, you know, it's as simple as them being out there in the huddle in the stadium with fans and no coaches on the field and no other players on the field like we do in practice, and just kind of having that isolation that you deal with during the games, which's just the eleven guys in the huddle. Yeah, and you got to help each other, and so I think that there is an element to where that is helpful.
Speaker 2: If things come together, however, and Jamar plays, how ready would he be? He's ready.
Speaker 23: He's done a great job taking care of himself, conditioning, so again, and he's gotten work, you know, subtly over the course of training camp, and so again I'm excited to see how it plays out. And if he's out there, we'll be happy to have him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. New offensive coordinator Dan pitcher this year, but he's been with the team for a long time. How much does the playbook change year to year?
Speaker 23: It always evolves, you know, to give a percentage on it would be difficult. You could say probably fifteen to twenty percent would be a ballpark estimate of just what you continue to evolve with and things that you start to move away from and things you start to embrace that'll help us.
Speaker 17: So I'm excited about what.
Speaker 23: The ideas Dan has brought and our pass game coordinator, just Er Scatty that we have now. So I'm excited about how we are moving forward.
Speaker 2: What area of the team are maybe you're most satisfied with with regard to improvements over last season.
Speaker 23: I think our defense. I think our defense right now, over course the off season training camp, getting some key as back, you know, in the mix of were there, the leadership. I'm excited to see how that group's going to play together.
Speaker 2: All right, Patriot fans don't seem to have a lot of faith in their team. What are you seeing as strength? Something you have to deal with contend with.
Speaker 23: They're always a smart football team. They play it the right way, they play with great technique. They have really talented players out there. Their coaching staff has been doing it for a long time together. We've had some of those guys on our staff, and so it's one of those games. It's gonna be a tough game, especially the opener. There's gonna be things that you didn't see on tape that you're gonna have to adjust to as the game goes. So first game is always tricky, and we got to be on top of everything.
Speaker 2: I was reading some of the Boston coverage and they referred to the Bengals as perennial Super Bowl contenders, which a few years ago I wouldn't have thought I'd read that that phrase in my life. So I mean, things have been great since you got here, and have a who Day day and a who Day season. We'll talk to each and every week about the same time. Zach Taylor.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, stay almost jumping a month ahead in temperatures today fifty two to start and warming to seventy with a mostly sunny sky, easy PZ.
Speaker 2: Tonight we're down to forty six.
Speaker 1: It will be downright chili for Sunday morning, especially for those of you heading out to tailgate ahead of the Bengals game. But by one o'clock, temperatures will be in the low seventies, warming to seventy four during the game with sunshine from your severe Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Crystal Clear and fifty two. Right now in Cincinnati, I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLWE.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. It was a radio seven hundred W l W. Let's head east.
Speaker 2: I'm toasting you to said, honey, we may meet through. Dude, you'll never care me. Come play goes back at.
Speaker 10: No, She's were the whiskey Brown Larjays.
Speaker 5: Zil how now.
Speaker 2: Brown County wife and I play this game and anytime. We got to visit our friends in Ripley. Let's visit with him now. Hello gang, good morning, Good morning. Whoa, you're a little slow on the uptake. There is everybody awake. Slap somebody around here. Let's let's get yes.
Speaker 17: We are Happy Saturday.
Speaker 2: Happy Saturday to you, lovely Lisa. You got the green hornet there too?
Speaker 9: As yay.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have you got a buzz?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The last time, the last time I saw a buzz when Chris Gohens and I were there at Brookies. He was at the bar and he mumbled something and then cursed me and smiled.
Speaker 5: That's normal behavior, is the oil.
Speaker 2: Baron of Brown County? There?
Speaker 14: Yes, very good, very good.
Speaker 2: Hey Brookie, how you doing?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 2: I can't believe you get up for this first one here? I can't believe I shaved my leg for this. No, I didn't. So anyway, I only shaved for one person, and that's my wife. Anyway, I was saying that my wife and I have this game, and we're heading out fifty two from Cincinnati into Brown County. When we get past Utopia and the little village market that's basically nothing, and you're getting ready to cross from Claremont into Brown County. We take turns shouting how now Brown County. No, we do it every time we go out there. It's coming up. Are you ready?
Speaker 18: Cresta?
Speaker 2: She said, it's your turn? Okay, Sometimes we do it together. What's going on at Brookies this weekend? Anything?
Speaker 24: Tall?
Speaker 25: He's the country thunder tonight?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 17: We started eight or nine o'clock. There, there you go.
Speaker 5: They're a good local, very good local band.
Speaker 2: They play local music too. Well, that's exactly that's exactly what the term is. After you eat a big country breakfast. About an hour later, country thunder. Oh my, my goodness, give me some more of them biscuits and gravy. Baby, whoa Darren?
Speaker 14: How much?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 17: What do you say? Plaint of hearts up to.
Speaker 14: Grand that's Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday night at Brook and the nice pot of change there'd be pocket.
Speaker 25: Hi.
Speaker 6: Are you going to go to the Trump parade onto seventy time today?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 17: H oh, I'm so sorry. Well, I will wait at people just for you.
Speaker 2: Now, what time does that? But what time does that begin?
Speaker 17: It's ten am for South. I don't know which one they're doing both silly.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lisa, Lisa, Lisa, Yeah, two seventy five goes both ways. Missus mcdumbmass, I like I gotta go six forty Thanks guys, have a great weekend and lovely ripley.
Speaker 20: Seven hundred wl W Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 11: Aedor is the tri station choice for groage, doors, entry, doors, awnings and windows.
Speaker 1: With ten to fifteen percent off any of these products in September, plus an additional five percent off your total order when you combine two or more.
Speaker 11: Find out more at aedoor sales dot com.
Speaker 10: Weather got you worried, He's a ripping as you covered all five, one, three.
Speaker 2: Or tomass give us an update, Tomlinson, give me an update on the spot laden Saturday.
Speaker 12: Cooper tops Rile twenty one to fourteen. In the Battle of Union. The Bracken County Polar Bears dominate Nicholas County forty six to six, Switchland County shut out Trimble County forty one to nothing, Struthers handles Don forty to six, Penalton County tops Bellevue thirty six to six. In Newport, Central Catholics offense rolled against Scott, winning fifty five to twenty six. The Red Legs fell to the Mets six to four in extras thanks to Mark Viento's two run walk off home run. The Red Legs are back in action this afternoon. Inside pitch begins at three to ten. First pitch is set for four to ten. Catch all the action on the home of the Reds seven hundred WLW. The Bengals begin regular season play this Sunday against the Patriots. T Higgins is listed as doubtful with the hamstring injury, and Jamar Chase still has not signed an extension. He is a game time decision. Kickoff is set for one pregame Coverageigans at nine Katai Action on the Home of the Bengals ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Hey there, what's for at dinner tonight? Takeout sol Fest on seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff without any further ado, Let's go to our friend, our wives, and friend Steve from mett In, Ohio with a busyphone call a new Who's of the Week?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Gary Jeff, ex Wyoming Congress Rhino pound for pound the deadliest animal in the Potomac Jungle. That's Liz Cheney gets the Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Tree Award. Calling herself a conservative, she announces her support in twenty twenty four for communist Tommy Harris. Are you following this, folks? Liz is the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, who wants shot a fellow hunter, explaining you can beg more if you shoot the competition. Liz follows daddy's advice to a tee. Meanwhile, Vice presidential candidate Tim Wall's brother says Tim is a jerk. He gets the mister Obvious award. Liz Cheney immediately called Tim and suggested taking his brother on a hunting trip. Don't go there, mister obvious question was Liz locked and loaded on the grassy knoll at Butler, Pennsylvania. Inquiring minds want to know. Please, no more entries in the government hypocrisy contest. We have a winner. The Jinwa Institute has announced that the Communist the Chinese Communist Party has a quote zero policy on athletes doping to improve performance. I'm thinking zero means no enforcement who it is part of the People's republic effort to be the world sports leader. All this while the red Chinese swim team was found dope to the gills, so to speak, at the recent Olympics. Speaking of dirty little secrets, here's the deal behind the progressives bragging about.
Speaker 15: Raising taxes on the rich.
Speaker 5: You should immediately wonder why the rich don't yell bloody murder every time this happens. They don't. They never have because A they are informed. B. They simply lobby the legislators to give them more credits and deductions on their taxes, which reduces taxes. Yes, in the nineteen fifties, the most famous case was the oil depletion allowance. We had a debate on that every freaking year. That's the stepchild of Western and Southwestern Democrats in those days, principally from Texas and Oaklaw. That ain't going to change, folks. Here we go again. Award to the Ivy League, which has been which which has been producing communists and professional terrorists now for a century. The ousted Columbia president didn't hang out at the beach with Joe Biden too long. Harvard has given her a cush job where you're really worried back at Columbia. School started this week, and so did the terrorism against Jews. Most popular course there is River to the Sea one oh one, same at UCLA. UCLA always brings back Kareem abdul Jabbar nie lu Al Sinder when he was a Catholic schoolboy in Manhattan, not far from Colombia. You've seen him in those medical commercials talking about aphib He's also a favorite apologist for Islam, which he calls a religion of peace. If you buy that crap and I don't, Hey, Kareem, where do you stand with a foreign terrorist government slaughters an American Jew hostage? Where's your allegiance in that situation? The black Muslims, remember, used to call Judaism a gutter religion. Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black? Anyway? Okay, here's what we do. If George Soros can fund the Jerusalem protesters of the college crazies, we can certainly afford to dip into the treasury and hire the Hell's Angels to escort Jewish students onto campus and into the classrooms, libraries, and labs. You think the angels there? Shall we say evil? And we shouldn't do that? Well, recall that Peter maybe remember that chopped off the year of the servant of the High Priest was christ mad? I don't know, but he made Pete the leader of his church. And he must not have been too damn mad to use a theological term. An ugly question to ask here as we wrap this up, the Twin Towers was bombed twice once in the Clinton administration, that on nine to eleven. What exactly did we do and relax it in reaction to that? That had a lasting positive effect. Okay, do we want in October seventh on American soil? We're acting like it. Page five. Another question, Why, in the midst of the COVID shutdown during the first two years of the Harris Biden regime, did this cabal think it was a perfect time, a perfect time to open the gates to millions. I'm unvetted, uneducated, human trafficking and terrorist elements from an estimated one d and twenty nations, and guarantee food, clothing, housing, medical care, education, and jobs, in other words, worldwide welfare. Why why then our fifty percent of the electric according to the polls. Okay, with all this, and finally, conservatives are falling all over themselves telling you what they think is the number one issue in this campaign. Well, I can tell you what it isn't. It's not the border. It's not inflation, it's not wars, not campus chaos, it's not even the thirteen sacrificial lambs who were slaughtered in Cabul. It's the election rules, which are still leaving cheating wide open in the must win states. You can forget everything else. We've got to beat the cheat. We need a five to eight percent cushion to win in the seven Key States. And that's the name of that tune. Okay, that's it, Gary, Jeff, take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Amen, brother, thanks for preaching this morning. Six fifty one at seven hundred WLW free estimates on air conditioning.
Speaker 26: What logan services get zero percent APR financing for seventy two months on.
Speaker 2: A qualifying train. It's hard to stop a train.
Speaker 26: Book online now fast friendly service logan services differences.
Speaker 2: No spontaneous interaction with the media or the general public. Hiding behind a Donna bash interview on ABC that was so full of softballs, I thought a beer a Sunday Beer League was going to break out in the middle of it. She told us everything we need to know about her, and we know nothing, and that is everything you need to know. We don't know anything about Kamala Harris. We do know this, and she stated it over and over and over again. It's the only definitive statement she's made about her policies or how she would be as president of these United States. Her values haven't changed, she said that, so we know that since her values haven't changed, she still believes in at will murdering of unborn babies, regardless of what month they are or even if they are ready to be born. She believes her values haven't changed. She still believes in eliminating fossil fuels. She said her values haven't changed. All this arguing about whether she was going to ban fracking or not banfracking, her values haven't changed. She thinks to pull out in afghan In Afghanistan, she was proud of that she was the last person in the room. Thirteen Americans and all kinds of people died because of the way the Biden Harris administration botched that pull out. Her values haven't changed. They're not talking and it's funny how they're not talking about transgender this and that. And my friend Duane read, I'll just leave you with this, emailed me at Gary Jeff Walker at seven hundred WLW dot com, and he said, it's funny how now with the campaign nine, I wonder why, all of a sudden, we aren't hearing how life saving and extremely important genital mutilations are for children during election time. We aren't even hearing about trans men and women's sports being great or book banning argument. All of a sudden, the new Democrat Party doesn't promote that stuff. Just funny how quiet they are. With the help of the media that also fed our minds daily of how urgent those issues were. Kamala Harris's values have not changed from twenty nineteen to now. Remember that, Oh, no stomach issues again, story.
Speaker 1: Barely warm to seventy this afternoon, your scollopy mostly sunny with the north wind at ten miles per hour. Tonight clear, cheerly and nearly record breaking with a low of forty six. The record for tonight is forty four, and then for Sunday for the Bengals games, seventy four and sonny no rain. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Fifty degrees right now seven oh five. I'm Sandy Collins, our next updated. It's seven thirty on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Hour on the.
Speaker 2: Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, September seventh, twenty twenty four. Gary Jeff Walker having some issues again this morning, and I don't need to bother you with them, but I can't hear anything now if I take the headphones off and talk. Normally I can hear fine, but on the air signal it's just not coming through every week. It's something else. It makes it a wonderful surprise to come in to do this show every set, to see what kind of technical glitch will be dealing with. It's part of the challenge.
Speaker 14: I see trees green, resist.
Speaker 2: I see them blue, and I think to myself, I think to busan indeed, I do our retired environmental engineer Steve Shulty is here with details on climate at a Glance and a volcano. That's that's fun stuff, that's explosive. Good morning, Steven, how are you go morning?
Speaker 9: Here's yet better than I deserve as usual.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 9: So first thing is actually from the Heartland Institute under the title taking battle to the climate alarmists and I would add the elitist co conspirators. So far this year the Heartland Institute is filmed thirty two Climbing at a Glance three minute videos to break through the drive by media's propaganda. Each video has a specific climate topic like hurricane, sea level rise, polar bears, et cetera. A recent one on Antarctica, I smelting uh has already attracted over one hundred thousand views. So uh, for those who want to help their children and whatnot and friends and family. Uh, you go to www. Dot utube dot com, backslash the at sign Heartland Institute and it'll take you right there for all the Again, I've viewed a few of them. They're very they're super three minutes at most. Uh, but the fact full a lot of great information and facts and truth.
Speaker 2: Instead of lies in propaganda and the and the propagation of a billion dollar a day industry, which is uh, partly a nine.
Speaker 9: Billion We're talking we're talking two to three billion dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Oh they've gone up.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh yeah. The next one comes from again the Heartland's Institute. This is really interesting. I was looking at things the other day Climate Change Weekly number five sixteen from August twenty third, and the headline is hung the tongue eruption maybe behind record warming. The spike that we had spiking temperatures over the past year has been much in the news. Dozens of not hundreds of records, you know, these quote unquote records breaking streaks and stories have been in the headline, and obviously, you know they're gonna blame, you know, catastrophic man made climate change. Doctor Javier Venus, author of several books on climate change, including Climate of the Past President and Future, Solving the Climate Puzzle, and The Frozen Views of the IPCC Analysis AR six. He looked at a review of possible causes of this broad temperature in twenty twenty three, and it's on Climate et cetera website. And he looked at usual suspects, you know, and cost CO two al Nino, and believe it or not, the decrease in emissions of sulfate aerosols from cleaner shipping fuels. Basically, he looked all those three and basically said that Neil, he went through the calculation, says can't explain it. But what he did find out or come to the conclusion that just over a year before this warming happened last year, in January of twenty twenty two, an extremely unusual volcanic eruption took place in Tonga, which I believe is in Southeast Asia. He lays out the evidence quote the Tonga eruption was a submarine explosion at very shallow depths about five hundred feet below sea level. It ejected one hundred and fifty million tons of water into the stratosphere. Stras fear starts at about six miles up here in the Midwest. In fact, Nancy Sciat just said that the Tonga explosion occurred at the right depth to project a lot of water in the stratosphere. And why this is important is not only do we know volcanoes eject a lot of stuff into the stratosphere. What's important to understand is that we do know that the greenhouse effect is very sensitive to changes and the water vapor in the stratosphere. And what happened is that water vapor concentration in the statusphere increased by ten percent because of the one hundred and fifty million tons of water going up there. Now, he's not saying this definitely is the issue, but he is saying is we just can't say it's always man made, catastrophic, man made climate It's never.
Speaker 2: Never straphic man made climate change. This has nothing to do with fossil fuels. It's a friggin volcano. Mount Pinatubo exploded in nineteen ninety one in the Philippines and put more harmful particulates naturally into our atmosphere than in the entire course of human history. These people who insist that we are the cause of it just simply don't know what they're talking about. And it's not science. There's my rant.
Speaker 9: Very ok, Jeff, But this is the case.
Speaker 17: I like that.
Speaker 9: This is water vapor. Water Beau was under the.
Speaker 2: Ocean, which is ninety seven percent of our atmosphere.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 15: And then.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and they and it ejected ten percent more than we usually have. You think that could make a difference. Oh, I don't know. Yes, according to.
Speaker 9: NASA, it does make a difference. The Stratspuer is very sensitive the water vapor and its impact on us.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, listen to the scientists, not the grifters who are out there with their hands open. Seven to twelve, seven hundred WL. The Bearcats are after win number two.
Speaker 10: Cats and they're looking to get it against Pittsburgh's Panthers.
Speaker 15: I can't believe what I've just said.
Speaker 2: It's a river city rivalry throw down.
Speaker 18: The Solder Cats, right, bick a lie?
Speaker 10: You see in pit locked in a four quarter contest touch DOWNCA Get the call live from the NED this morning at eleven on seven hundred WLW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio as Jeff.
Speaker 24: Waller, Nissan dot Com Holding Realtors is the only team I'd call what is time to sell or buy a home? They have thirty years of knowledge and experience to ensure you get the most out of your home and get the best possible deal on the home you are going to buy. Holding will even give you a free market analysis of your home and help you understand all of the options available to you. Call them at five one three four five one forty eight hundred, that's five one three four five one forty eight hundred, or on the internet, Holding with an E dot Com.
Speaker 21: Attention neurop at the sufferers. Amazing research has now shown that neuropat these symptoms can be reversed one.
Speaker 22: Patient Job Sheldon on seven hundred WLW Home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Tony Pike joins me, Tony, you saw your fair share of practices in the course of this preseason. What impressed you most on offense number one?
Speaker 25: Offensively, I do think that that the tight end and running back position are going to be much better.
Speaker 15: Obviously, Joe Burrow would be the easy answer.
Speaker 25: Because of how good he looked coming back from the risk surgery. But if it's not Joe Burrow, I do think they have a legitimate opportunity at running back to have two backs that can play four downs. For in the past, you couldn't have Joe Mixon out there in those third down situations in past protection they upgraded a tight end with Mike KASICKI. I think all of those things on offense are going to be good to help Joe Burrow in the in the different things that this offense wants to do.
Speaker 2: Well, we got all that and then Frank pollocksan it's the best offensive line he's ever had. Not bad.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they have.
Speaker 25: They're going to start the season on Sunday. For the five offensive linemen have won super Bowls and that is very hard to instill something in the team when you just haven't done that, And to have four guys that have reached the pinnacle of the NFL is something very special and you need to rely on that type of leadership and those types of opportunities.
Speaker 2: In the past, it's a defense that needed the improvement. How improved are they?
Speaker 25: Gino Stone and Von Bell are going to make a huge different difference in the back end, you're not going to see as many blown coverages and blown assignments. The question for me in the front four. You bring in Sheldon Rankings, you draft Chris Jenkins. Is that enough to help a defense and give up six yards per carry last year or six yards per play almost five yards per carry. If they want to be a better defense, it's going to start with those front four. That's probably still the biggest question mark if they can generate enough upfront. But they have certainly made the moves that would give you the hope that they have.
Speaker 2: H Tony Pike. We'll talk every Friday through the season. Good to have you. We'll talk to you next week. See you, hi, Budd. Imagine being Cincinnati's famous quarterback and having a massive problem. You line up for the snap and you have no lineman there to protect you. Without protection, you'll get crushed.
Speaker 1: Now, there is a fall like feel to the air today. Temperature start in the low fifties and barely warm to seventy this afternoon. Your scolly mostly sunny, with the north wind at ten miles per hour. Tonight clear cheerly and nearly record breaking with a low of forty six, the record for tonight is forty four, and then for Sunday for the Bengals games seventy four and Sonny no rain from your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Catchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Fifty one degrees this morning. I'm Sandy Collins. Next Update a day thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News twenty four hours a day, seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 2: Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into yet another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, September seventh, twenty twenty four. Gear ejif wok you winkey. I don't know what happened this whole morning has been. I need some coffee and I need some science. How about a science minute with mister Science.
Speaker 11: Mike Yes as a night scientist, surprising of the dell behind and knee.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 15: I drove twenty minutes. I heard your voice for about thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Saturday Morning commercial fest. It's wonderful. First week, first week of Bengals football. He's still got redspaceball, even though there's no reason for them to be playing the game legitimately other than they're contractually obligated to the major leagues to finish out the schedule. But yes, and that leaves me in the lurch.
Speaker 15: Oh well, okay, well claud Rains claud Rains. The invisible man lives, Arry Jeff. Scientists have now are able to make skin transparent. And it's you think it's something really amazing that the some new scientific chemical they developed or that, but actually actually know they what they did. They took the yellow food color. It's called tartuzine. You just use it the color your eggs and everything like that, and give you the simple physics of it. You know, how you drive with your head lights on and fog and all the lights, all the light it's scattered, you can't see anywhere. So this yellow food coloring they put apply it to the skin, and they've done this on mice and they're moving on to the human trials. They apply it to the skin. There certain amounts and it takes the skin and it kind of change gets through the fog and the skin. The fog being the different types of material in the skin causes light scattering it and it makes it all the same what they call the same where fraction index of the skin. And you know how I used to put a spoon in the water and you see the spoon bend. Yeah, Well, now that by putting this chemical on it, get it makes all the material have the same uh call it the same bends, the same index of refraction.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't really make it doesn't really make you invisible.
Speaker 15: The skin is transparent. They look through the skin to the muscular and skeletal and and uh, inside of the body of the mouse.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't I don't want to see the inside of my own body, much less anybody else's.
Speaker 15: You know, the skin cancers and and uh and other applications they're looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: You know, I just don't know that. It's it's pretty revolutionary that food coloring could actually cause you to be transparent.
Speaker 15: Don't don't try this at home.
Speaker 2: Everybody in Washington, DC needs to use this food color on themselves so they will finally truly be transparent.
Speaker 15: Twenty one fourteen Patriots have a good, big air, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Oh, twenty one fourteen Patriots. He sink sees dick from Dayton. Now Mikey went to prediction twenty one fourteen Patriots. If that happens tomorrow, the city may close when you look at him. That's no name cabin kind Charen, Oh, let us go too low please, and our friend Rick Green. Brother Rick Green from Spareworks, Cincinnati. We try to be positive wherever possible on the program, and this is one of the ways we do it by bringing you the Word of God every Saturday morning. The Bible. Fred Summy is holding on and we'll get to him in moment right now, Rick Green standing by, Good morning, brother Rick.
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning, Gary. Let's all remember love woke us up this morning.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 27: Okay, we come from Ecclesiactor, chapter seven, verse eight. It says the end that something is better than the beginning. Patient is better than pride.
Speaker 17: Amen.
Speaker 28: Indeed, I brought one of my out something I need to work one at times, Gary, Oh, I have needed extra doses of patients this morning.
Speaker 2: Believe me, it's been very, very trying. And I won't go into it because it's really not that important. But I wanted to bring to you Mark nine to seven. I just I just turned to this and here here it is. Then a cloud appeared in developed Jesus and his disciples Peter, James and John. In a voice came from the Cloud and said, this is my son whom I love. Listened to him. Let's go to love and listen to Jesus. I need that. You need that, we all need.
Speaker 15: That, the world needsy Gary.
Speaker 2: You said it all right, brother, thank you so much.
Speaker 28: All right, I have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: It already is, brother Rick Green. Now my friend Fred Summy, president of Northern Kentucky Right to Life, and they've got their very special celebration coming up, a celebration of Life which is happening one week from tomorrow on September fifteenth, to a place called Receptions and Erlanger for more than details. Fred Summi joins us. How you doing this morning, Fred, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 29: I want to thank you Gary Jeff for all you do for the pro life movement. God bless you.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I do all that much, but I'm happy to help wherever whenever I can. You do great something.
Speaker 29: We ration for life this year, like you said, just a week from Sunday at the Receptions in Irline out.
Speaker 9: Near the airport. And we're honored to.
Speaker 29: Have Steve Moser with the president of the Population Research Institution, which is really he's an internationally recognized authority on China and the population control policy that was forced on the Chinese people. Bless what's going on in the United States in that regards. We're also going to be blessed this year to have Dave Walls with the executive director of Family Foundation at Lexington to give us an update on what's going on in Kentucky. And and we're having Northern Kentucky's a pro life congressman, you know who you do well, Representative Tom Massey's gone to speak for a few minutes too about what's going on in Washington.
Speaker 2: Thomas Massey is a jim. He's a one of a kind in that swamp.
Speaker 29: And uh so proud he's our representative.
Speaker 2: I am I am two. Fred steven I had on my Nightcap earlier this week talking about his position on the subject of life. He was a pro choice atheist until he went to Communist China and saw an abortion performed. Basically, it infanticide on a baby that was out, I mean a baby was born and they killed the baby right in front of him. It totally changed his view and he understands that life is important, as everyone should. I don't know why it's controversial to say you shouldn't be able to murder unborn babies. But apparently that's controversial in our country. I guess it shouldn't be. It should be a matter of fact. It's common sense and it's about choosing life. Again, how do people find out or get involved with your celebration you're going to have next Sunday?
Speaker 29: Okay, Well, the againis at the receptions in the earl Anger. We have a one o'clock, We have a life film, We have exhibits from about twenty other pro life roots and the Cincinnati Market. We'll have refreshments, you know, like our derms.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 29: The speaker starts at two o'clock. Students are omitted. Free tickets are only ten dollars. There's no reservations. They're available at the door, and we also have free child care available for people who have young families who want to encourage them all to come to this and it is a celebration of life, but it's also an opportunity for everyone to really hear a formative and aspiring speaker so we can all be better prepared to help change other people's minds and hearts on the wonders of human life and how we need to protect even young and it's a unborn children.
Speaker 2: Indeed, Well, God bless you for all your efforts, and I hope you and pray you'll be able to change some people's minds. It's well we are.
Speaker 29: This is where it's at. We got to do this on a kind of a grape fruit level, on a one to one basis, and that's what we're about, all right, Fred here by who times and support.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you again next Saturday. Will remind people again.
Speaker 29: Okay, Hey, God bless you, thank you, thanks for having me off.
Speaker 2: God bless you. It's eight eighteen at seven hundred WLW. It's time to open in Orange.
Speaker 30: The highly anticipated Bengals home opener kicks off Sunday, September eighth at one pm when the Bengals welcome the Patriots to the Jungle for the first time.
Speaker 2: The team will be wearing all orange uniforms.
Speaker 24: The challenge is on to join the team in fill pay Course Stadium with everyone all wearing orange.
Speaker 30: A very limited number of Bengals Patriots tickets are still available. Visit Bengals dot com slash tickets. Come Orange out the Jungle with us.
Speaker 2: You can't get enough of a bar song.
Speaker 30: Good news for our Cincinnati listeners.
Speaker 2: The singer, songwriter and producer Shaboozi is coming to Cincinnati.
Speaker 21: He now walks better, has improved balance, and has reduced his new rapaty medications. So Elite Physical Medicine at five one three eight six six seven three zero zero to reverse your neuropathy without prescriptions or addictive medications. Left untreated neuropathy can lead to a foot, toe, or leg amputation, So don't wait. Call Elite Physical Medicine at five one three eight six six seven three zero zero. The first twenty five callers will receive a full exam and an in depth consultation absolutely free. That's five one three eight six six seven three zero zero.
Speaker 26: At Baths are Us, We're terrible roofers, we stink at installing, sighting, and don't ever call us for your kitchen remodel. But if you want a stunning, beautiful bathroom makeover in just two or three days, now, that's when you want to call us.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 26: Unlike most contractors these days, we offer only one service bathroom remodeling. We don't spread ourselves then by doing roofing or sighting and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 31: Nope.
Speaker 26: At Bathsrus, we dedicate recompany resource into mastering the craft of bath transformations. It's why we're the Midwest biggest fine star family owned bathroom company, and it's why we have the happiest customers.
Speaker 2: Just check out our Google reviews.
Speaker 26: Bths are Us. We're terrible roofers, but we're awesome bathroom remodelers. Right now, get fifteen hundred dollars off a shower or TEB replacement or three thousand dollars off of full bathroom remodel, plus loans and no monthly payments. Call five one, three six seven six bath to schedule your free estimate, or go to bathsarus dot com.
Speaker 2: Baths are Us We're dreams. Soak in Sarah.
Speaker 32: Spain with Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital One this afternoon at Billy June King National Tennis Center, World number two Arena Sabalanca of Belarus, who lost to Coco goth in the finals of the US Open last year, will take on America at number six Jessica Pagoula, who's appearing in her first major final at age thirty. Day's US Open final will be a rematch of last month's by I'll have the Cincinnati Open, which ibi like a one for more women sports story. Subscribe a Good Game with Sarah Spain on I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 26: With the venture Ex business card from Capital One, you earn unlimited double miles on every purchase.
Speaker 33: In the deep dark Kills on the Eastern Kentucky's that's the place where I trace my blood line, and it's there on a hillside Graystone.
Speaker 2: You will leave Hall and Brad Paisley in town tonight would be a hard rock leam Is that correct?
Speaker 33: That's should walk down Catterism Mountain.
Speaker 2: I became familiar with that song like many people did, watching the fx TV series Justified with Timothy Olivan as Sheriff Olan. Is Timothy excuse anyway? He was Sheriff Raylan Gibbons in that in Harlan, Kentucky. Good stuff, I tell you what, here's some good stuff. Always it's football season. Moe Egger is here and ready to roll. Hey mo, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: What's going on is you're getting prepared to watch some football today. You see playing Pittsburgh.
Speaker 17: Correct, Bearcats are playing pitt team that Cincinnati was able to beat last year. These are obviously two teams that have gone through a lot of change. Both teams won their opener. I think the key for the Bearcats this week is for getting the Godfather back Dante Corleone, and not a moment too soon, because as well as UC played offensively and they weren't dramatically terrible defensively, but preseason concerns about stopping the run were amplified against Tolson. Dante coming back and certainly helped. This is a pit team that the lead back last week ran for over ten yards a pop. You see, has to be better on defense. I think this pit team is really gonna challenge Cincinnati's defense. Interested in saying, hey, how much Dante plays and b if his presence enables them to be better stopping to run, because they struggled pretty mightily last week against against the Talson Tigers.
Speaker 2: This past Tuesday night, I had you on the night Cap a little dose of Saturday Morning on Tuesday night, and I was asking you about a surprise team in the NFL, I mean outside the Bengals, and you said, Pittsburgh Steelers. Is Pittsburgh a surprise team in college?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 17: I think with a lot of teams, it's sort of like Cincinnati, where the answer is, I don't know. I think Pittsburgh is better than once Cincinnati played him last year because they have a competent quarterback, which was not the case when UC went to pit last season. I think in the grand scheme of things, the expectation is they're probably a middle of the road acc team. But if you watch their first game of the season and take it with a grain of salt because of who they played. They played Kent State. Offensively, they were terrific. They got a special team's touchdown. Last season, you see beat pitt because they were great at what we don't expect them to be great at. This year, they were awesome upfront. They held Pittsburgh to less than three yards of carry. I don't think they're going to do that today, but I think that represents the biggest change in that game where it looks like Pittsburgh to me is better upfront, better offensively, they have a better quarterback, and I think they're equipped to attack Cincinnati's weakness maybe a little bit more, a little bit better than last year's pit team was.
Speaker 2: How much shuch a fan cred has Jamar Chase lost in all of this bullet who hullabaloo of him not playing and not wanting a new contract and everything else and holding out. My friend Westside Jim says, you know that Chase lost a lot of fan cred with his BS. If he comes out and pulls a hammy, I will find his ass and politely kill him. How he screwed up. Do you think a lot of fans of the Bengals feel that way about Jamar Chase and all of this this waiting to see if the Bengals would award him a new contract.
Speaker 17: Yes, And I think things pivoted pretty hard last week. You know, I think all along, I think most people were sort of willing to play along with the sit in, the or the hold in, I should say. But when he came back to practice those two days, almost two weekends ago, he thought, Okay, this is over Jamar's back, now we can proceed. And then after practicing days with his head coach insisting that he's going to play, suddenly Jamar is not practicing again. And I think when that happened, that made Zach Taylor look really bad. I think that was a really louthy thing to do to his coach, who to this point has had Jamar's back, and let's face it is it is sort of stuck in the middle as somebody who can't give Jamar a new contract put somebody who badly needs Jamar out there, and the only person who's required to speak on a regular basis is Zach Taylor's in a really tough position of having to answer for something that he really can't do anything about. And so, you know, the head coach comes out and says, because I think he believed Jamar is going to practice, all signs pointing to him starting the season against the Patriots, and then suddenly he doesn't show up. I think in terms of fan opinion, that's where things pivoted, and so I do think Jamar has lost fan cred or however you want to put it. The reality, though, is for an athlete, that's always easy to get that back. It's a get on the field and be performed. The question is, and I don't think anybody knows, is Jamar going to get on the field and perform tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean he said it was yesterday. He said it was a he was a game time decision by him. That's usually team speak for we're not telling you anything. So I guess it's Jamar speak for the same thing. I think that the Bengals ought to handily beat the New England Patriots tomorrow with or without Jamar Chase, don't.
Speaker 15: You I do.
Speaker 17: This might be the worst team in the league. And it's remarkable to say that when you think of nearly a two decade long dynasty that ruled the NFL. New England's going to start Jakoby Brissett at quarterback in large part because I think it would be unfair to their first round pick, Drake May to throw him to the Wolves so early in the season when there's very little talent around him. If you look at Pro Football Focus, you know, in the offseason, they rank and they use metrics to do this, and it's obviously subjective, but they rank every position group. New England's wide receivers dead last, offensive line I think second to dead last, running backs twenty seventh best. There's just not a lot there. And so look the Bengals, if they don't have Jamar Chason t Higgins tomorrow, offensively, they're significantly limited. I just don't know how New England scores. And by the way, the Patriots made it easier for the Bengals this summer because they traded away their best defensive player to the Atlanta Falcons. Matthew Judah and so I agree with you. I think the NFL handed the Bengals a gift in Week one that a helps rectify their recent issues with slow starts and b helps mitigate any internal issues they have. So yes, they should beat New England. The question is if Jamar doesn't play tomorrow and if t Higgins, who went from feeling amazing to now doubtful on the injury report, if those two players don't play tomorrow, we instantly start talking about their availability for the game a week from tomorrow in Kansas City against the Chiefs, a significantly more difficult opponent than the one they play tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 2: In which they will be absolutely needed to perform and participate in that game. What did you see from the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday night that tells the story of their season so far? I saw a team that just keeps on keeping on against an incredible Baltimore Ravens team that lost by a toe And wasn't that a great way to kick off the NFL season?
Speaker 17: It is a great game. Yeah, really, yeah, you know, I mean, the scary thing to me about a team like Kansas City is when they're not at their best and they still win, and still win against the good opponent. And you know, let's face it, they were an inch away from having to defend a two point conversion, which have baults more converts. They go on the road and beat the Kansas City Chiefs on the night where Lamar Jackson wasn't at his best. I think the most interesting thing about the Chiefs is how they've they've evolved defensively over the last couple of years, right because in the early years of the Mahomes, Andy Reid, Travis Kelcey, Tyreek Hill run, they had to outscore everybody and you can move the ball against them, and they had weaknesses in the secondary. And now it's kind of the opposite, right, They're obviously they have the best quarterback in the game in Patrick Mahomes. I'm certainly willing to say that they have great weaponry, but they can stop you when they have to. And you know, granted they were on their heels late in that game against the Baltimore Ravens. I think Bengals Chiefs has turned into the best rivalry in the sport. They've played five great games against each other since December of twenty twenty one. It's a little bit different playing than this early, but yeah, look, it's as long as they've gotten number fifteen, long as they have the home field that they do, they're going to be a tough team to beat. I'm hopeful that the Bengals are more whole when they go to Kansas City next week because it's a great rivalry, it's a great game, and it's a game that could have far reaching implications as we start to talk about the playoffs later on in December and January.
Speaker 2: Well, with Pachanko and Rashid Rice, the Bengals certainly better learned to tackle somebody in the open field because they're gonna be faced with that dawning task. Listen, I have a fantastic weekend. Go bear Cats today and bring home a victory.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 15: I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, Bye, bye, counselor what's going on? Hey? How you doing, Garret? Jeff? I'm doing fine. It's just been a very weird morning, that's what I'm hearing. It's very strange. I have a short show today. I have only two hours to screw up. Hey, you know what, you know what Republicans say? What Dick Cheney before he dicks you. I can't believe that. You know what?
Speaker 31: You hate Trump? Fine, I get it. Don't vote for him, but don't vote for the other person. I mean, I'm disappointed. My favorite Washington joke of all time?
Speaker 2: What's that? Dick Cheney and Bill Clinton are seated together at this reception dinner in Washington and a young, vibrant, twenty one year old intern walks past their table, and Bill Clinton looks at Dick Cheney and this is well, Dick, you think we can screw her? And Dick says, out of what? Well, what's on the show, Michael cole Man, Hey, listen.
Speaker 31: Going to talk about a positive subject, and that's the Ronald Reagan movie, which I saw last week and absolutely fantastic. Of course, panned by the credits, but it was number three in box office receipts last week, ninety eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk about that.
Speaker 31: We're also going to talk about fake Kamala, her little problem with her accent. She has one in Detroit, she doesn't have one in a pinch Perk.
Speaker 2: It's just so phony. Yeah, the whole thing is so phony, So contract Kamala Walton, they're just phonies. Donald Trump is real and whether you like him or not, he is exactly who you see and he'll answer questions too.
Speaker 31: Yeah, we're gonna talk to Janis Heisel at ten thirty about what's going on in the Trump campaign. One more thing quickly. The Trump I two seventy five parade is this morning. We're going to be talking to our roving correspondent, former Cincinnati police officer Danny Coott.
Speaker 2: He's going to be in the parade. Awesome, awesome. After the show, show at Huddles, come by and visit and say Hi, I have a beer or something. Seven hundred WLW. America is the freedom of speech.
Speaker 32: Even for stupid people.
Speaker 2: America is bikini tops and Daisy Douke. Yeah you won't find that in France. No, all they have is soft cheese. America. I believe in the American dreams. We just dream there, and so does Bill Cunningham, sweetest.
Speaker 15: Man on the air.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham is America. I am a great American. He's mister Red, White and Blue. Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 20: Monday, at twelve noon on seven hundred WLWA
Speaker 2: Join Bud like this NFL season for a