Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. Wherever you are and however you are listening from sea to shining sea. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: We're back for vacation all last week or rerun shows or quote unquote best of shows, but we are back and ready to go. You can text us anytime at seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred. That's seven three seven threes are a one ninety six hundred. Follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official.
Speaker 2: My name is Sandy.
Speaker 1: This is my beautiful talent hied yet some say acerbic wife.
Speaker 2: Her name is Trisha.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 4: Also, nobody says that except you.
Speaker 2: You're the only name they'll say it.
Speaker 1: They just don't say it around you, so you don't know that they're talking talking behind your back.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that they are, Tricia. I know you don't want to believe it, but they are not not a thing, Sandy, not a thing.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know who said it first, and that's where I got the word acerbic from.
Speaker 2: Whew mother. Oh really, yeah, she's a real she's very wordy. I can see her being she.
Speaker 1: Wrote a bio for our show, and that is how she ah you as somewhat acerbic.
Speaker 4: But I think that you think it's more negative than it actually is.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I think acerbic is an acquired taste, you know what I mean. It's like, uh, it's at first it's a little much, and then when you get to do it the same way with obnoxious, yeah.
Speaker 4: Sharp and fourth right, he has an acerbic wit, all right, Yeah, it's me definitely.
Speaker 2: Definitely. What's first thing made you laugh? Today?
Speaker 4: When someone tells me to have a safe flight, It's like, okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Do my best, but you do know that I'm not the pilot of the plane. Yeah right, not much I can do. Really, gonna hope that it's okay, right, yeah, so be careful. Well, I'm just gonna sit there with a seatbelt on, gonna strap in, and that's all I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I was asked on my flight to I was sending an exit row because I got to change flights and I didn't lost my first class seat.
Speaker 2: Did you get reimbursed?
Speaker 1: I will, I will, But I had to sit with the unwashed in the back in the exit road, so I had to give a verbal confirmation that I'd be willing to help in case of an emergency.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they ask everybody who sits in the exit road that scene, get your chest rep puffed.
Speaker 2: UF about it with me.
Speaker 1: It's a little more like, yeah, you know, Yeah, I think I think that's the way it goes. Okay, all right, and memo to fellow travelers, Let's leave our shoes on on the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's always leave our shoes on. I mean, if you got to flop, you're kind of halfway there. Yeah, let's keep them covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just keep them covered during the duration of the flight, and everyone will be all the better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be happy.
Speaker 1: I'd like to win a thousand bucks. We've got a chance for you. Later this morning, nine o'clock your first chance, and every hour after that until five this evening your first chance coming up at no.
Speaker 2: Text us anytime. We love hearing from you, guys.
Speaker 1: Seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred Again, that's seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: From the louder Ald video in Herja.
Speaker 4: Elijah so, Stevie Nicks, and Lindsay Buckingham made headlines after fans noticed that they started following each other on social media. They have been feuding since twenty eighteen, so this is apparently a big deal. They also each posted half of the closing line from their nineteen seventy three song Frozen Love. It's from the Buckingham Knicks, which is their only record together before they actually joined Fleetwood Back. So Stevie's post read and if you go forward dot dot dot, and Lindsey's post said I'll meet you there finish the line.
Speaker 1: So are we talking about maybe together, like romantically or musically?
Speaker 4: I think musically people are speculating maybe it's a reissue of Buckingham Nish And mcfleetwood is getting in on this too. He posted a video of himself listening to Frozen Love and said, quote the marriage of Stevie and lindsay the marriage of coming into Fleetwood Mac when they did, It's all in the song. It's in the music magic then magic. Now what a thrill aimen.
Speaker 2: What does it mean? Like it's all very mysterious and cryptic. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: And Stevie Nicks has been back out there again right performing and stuff.
Speaker 2: No new music from her that I know of, not that I know of.
Speaker 4: But our daughter is obsessed with Fleetwood Mac.
Speaker 2: That's so weird, isn't it weird? Ye, she's just telling me about this over the week.
Speaker 1: By the way, she's sixteen years old. Yeah, I mean this is the TikTok talk phenomenon. That's how they know about Fleetwood Mac.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But also you know, she has her little girl band and they did some Fleetwood Mac songs, so that kind of got her sucked in. But still this age is loving Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 1: She hears about Stevie Nicks's party.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 1: I don't think she knows about old Stevie Nicks. She'd party with you back in the day. Yeah, damn near killed her. I know she had to get a new nose done.
Speaker 6: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember something like that. That's too much.
Speaker 1: She sniffed too much of the Bolivian marching powder too much and basically had a whole in her in her nose from doing too much cocaine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's better now. Yeah, she's sober.
Speaker 4: I think I believe she is out there doing her thing. Yeah, and our daughter is obsessed.
Speaker 1: I'll be I'll be interesting. I don't care if this is a romantical thing.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, if it's a music thing, I'm interested.
Speaker 4: That's why people are like, maybe it's a reissuing of that album, that record, and they get to go out on tour.
Speaker 1: They'd sell some tickets. Yes, right, that'd be cool. She's got such a unique sounding voice for a female vocalist, really for anybody. Yeah, she just sounds we hear Stevie Nicks. You're like, you know Stevie nex Right, that's the story.
Speaker 2: We love. Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We have more coming up on Austin's eighties station what oh three point one and streaming at one three to one.
Speaker 2: Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you missed the Jam and Sandy our Friday morning from seven until eight o'clock, here's a little bit of what you missed. I don't go to Houston that often, but it seems like every time I do go to Houston, not only are people driving fast, but also there's always a guy on a motorcycle doing a wheelie on the highway.
Speaker 2: Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: And new report came out. Didn't read the whole report, trition, You didn't. Nobody reads the whole report.
Speaker 7: You just read the little AI summary at the exactly forty four percent of working adults believe that an active social media presence is more likely to hurt someone's career than help their career.
Speaker 1: Now, I think first blushed with that is really depends on what you're putting on social media.
Speaker 4: Well, so that's what you initially are gonna think, But what if you had read the report, Sandy. What it goes on to say is even if you're not posting controversial, even if you're just an oversharer, or you keep posting about the makeups that you like, and then people get the idea that you're trying to be an influencer.
Speaker 2: Oh that total report.
Speaker 4: Said yes, because I read the reports just like I read instructions when I'm putting things together. So they're saying that you could it could just be a normal You might just be posting pictures of your kid, but people might be like, oh my god, oh the pictures of her kid, and that's going to translate potentially into being annoying at work.
Speaker 2: Oh I got you, Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 4: Thirty seven percent of them say they think it's good. But I feel like I know more people who potentially lost a job because of their social media presence than it helping them get a job.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then that goes on to say seventy percent employers admit to using social media to research applicants.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 4: I tell our daughter that all the time she's sixteen, she's getting up there, she's applying for college, people you know, are going to be looking into her. And I said, don't post anything that on social media that an employer.
Speaker 2: You don't want somebody important to see. Right.
Speaker 1: Fifty seven percent of those of that seventy percent say they found material that caused them to move away from a candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: And here's just another little thing about social media and your career and really your life. Just remembered this. Alcohol and send do not mix.
Speaker 2: Bad combination, bad bad bad.
Speaker 1: I mean, we see it all the time when someone gets into hot water with something at a national level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You always see them pulling up their social media accounts and what they say yep, you know, and then throwing it back in their face.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So the example that I use with our daughter is a girl did not get hired as a camp counselor because she was at a party where other kids were drinking alcohol and photos from that party were posting. Yeah, yeah, I mean she wasn't even drinking the alcohol, but she was associated with the kids who were.
Speaker 2: I didn't get high.
Speaker 1: I know of people that have lost out on work, you know, like freelance type of work, stuff, creative stuff because of their political posts. Yes, because what they post politically, Yes, and they don't want to be No one wants to be associated with that.
Speaker 2: That not that view.
Speaker 1: Just that's someone that vocal, I guess, yeah, extreme, Yeah, So be careful what you put. I mean, some people see social media as a way to share pictures of their kids and puppies. Other people see it for a completely different reason. Yeah, but don't overshare it.
Speaker 4: I always wondered, I want to see your kids in your puppies, don't care what you think politically.
Speaker 1: I always wondered, like at the like kind of the executive level of companies, I think big companies, did they send out a memo to all of their c suite about social media like don't be on it off, don't post anything, or create a shadow account that no one knows that you or something like that, Because I think of some of the higher up executive people in this business, none of them have social media, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, probably not, because any little thing that they share could be turned around, thrown back in their face, reflect poorly in the company.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Words can be twisted, they can be made into something they're not.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're telling Landry that. Oh I've been telling her that for a long time. Good job, Trisha. I'm trying to be a good mom. Stay with us. We have more coming up.
Speaker 1: It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station WHAT three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven.
Speaker 5: If you missed Friday show, here's something you miss all right.
Speaker 1: There's really no scientific proof to this. It's really just an observation by someone that writes for the Wall Street Journal. There's a guy that writes for the Wall Street Journal and he's got five kids, and it kind of surprised him that none of his kids or their friends had any nicknames for each other. And it made him wonder if nicknames we were going the way of the dinosaur, just on the decline, Like no one has a nickname anymore, you know, like calling your buddy from Austin, calling them texts you know what I mean, or you know they can't. Maybe it's PC or people get triggered, whatever the hell word it is nowadays when you're when you're little, heavy set, buddy called him tiny, you know what I mean, kind of kind of going away.
Speaker 2: But I had growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, through middle school at least it was Bucky was my nickname because I had a really bad buck teeth.
Speaker 2: And then I got him fixed. But that had to sting a little bit, didn't it. I guess I just rolled with it.
Speaker 1: You don't have much choice, yeah, kind of Remember I had a bad one in high school.
Speaker 2: It was both blockhead and block oh.
Speaker 1: Then that got shortened to block oh because those dumb idiots can't member blockhead or spelled. But because I have a very I guess I still have a big head, I mean bald, square head.
Speaker 2: And mailbox. They tried to call me mailbox two for a while.
Speaker 1: They had to go to It was funny in high school playing football when I was a sophomore, they had to go to the University of I was in Nebraska. I had to go to the University of Nebraska and get a helmet from the university to.
Speaker 2: Fit my head. In high school. In high school, did the local news do a feature.
Speaker 1: They thought I think they thought there was something wrong with me, But hey whatever.
Speaker 3: Young man Blocko just wants to play. But there's one thing preventing it. They don't make any helmets size.
Speaker 4: That's like when Shaq then steps in and buys you a giant helmet, like you Bay Giants shoes for kids.
Speaker 1: He's done that several times, can't you like size twenty six foot?
Speaker 2: He buys some shoes?
Speaker 1: Right, Tricia to girls like our our daughter runs with the crew. They kind they don't really go by nicknames, but they go by last names, well.
Speaker 4: Because they're an ROTC and they're all called by their last name in ROTC. But there was a while that it wasn't that her crew had nicknames. It was that they had different names, like whatever their actual first name.
Speaker 2: Was they had.
Speaker 4: Remember when you were a kid and you're like, I wish my name was this, and you'd ask your parents to call you by a different name, and they'd say, nope, I nam' Jatricia, that's what we're calling you. Well, they used whatever names they really wanted at school and not their actual real names. But it wasn't really a nickname back when we were kids' nicknames, Like you were saying, we're kind of rooted in being mean antagonizing a little bit, and you just can't get away with that anymore.
Speaker 2: But that's what made them funny.
Speaker 1: But you know what, though, what's funny, as I say nicknames, is that Sandy, which I've always gone by, is a is the real nickname for Alexander, just like Bob is for Robert, and Bill is for William and Dick is for Richard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of nicknames for Alexander, right, I guess, so Xander, alex alex It's a.
Speaker 2: Few that I can think of.
Speaker 1: But my other I have a theory that there are no men left under the age of fifty named Dick.
Speaker 2: That's you know. I know one guy and he's worth a fortune. He lives in LA that I met. I met him atself by one.
Speaker 3: Year and it was like, you know, maybe I'm like, you know, many people go by Dick anymore, and he goes, that's why I go by it, he goes, It's it's very memorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, I have an uncle and he was Uncle Dick, and then had a cousin who is Dick Junior.
Speaker 2: So we just called him Big Dick and Little Dick. Did that shouldn't be funny? We're so n no.
Speaker 1: Laughing at this right, this is something you laughed at when you were twelve. But it's still funny. So, Tricia, nickname for you? Did you ever have one?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I mean my uncle has called me tricksy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't have a like friends giving me a nickname. I didn't have anything like that. We call our daughter the fuzz. That's kind of a nickname for her. You named her that when she was a baby. You were worried she was gonna staybaled like you are. When her hair started growing, it was fuzzy, so he called her the fuzz. But yeah, no, I think he's right. I think nicknames are slowly being phased out.
Speaker 2: Well I think they need. I think kids need to come up with some good nicknames for each Oh wait a minute.
Speaker 4: You and I nicknamed one of Landry's friends, uh.
Speaker 2: Super Saucy. We call her super Saucy. Just a story.
Speaker 4: She was wearing a white dress for prom and she ordered extra sauce, extra saucy, extra saucy ribs and spill it all over her white dress before prom so we just call her extra saucy.
Speaker 2: Which I think is fuddy. She's a good kid too, She's a good job from Friday morning.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven o'clock this morning, or listen when you want. Stream the podcast version search JB and Sandy on iHeartRadio app one.
Speaker 2: Three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Well here we are July in Central Texas and it's just hot, and we've had some wild weather too. So far this year, a lot of people have got some storm damage and a lot of times that means roof damage and insurance claims. Hey, if that happened to you, my friend Scott and Stacey Feller and their team at Kangaroof are here for you. Scott and Stacey just introduce something really exciting thereby now pay later program. The timing of this is perfect. Even when insurance covers your new roof, deductibles mean thousands of dollars out of your pocket. Why not save the deductible, keep the insurance check, and finance the roof over fifteen years makes a lot of sense, right. This keeps money in your pocket now and gets you that famous quality kangaroof. Scott and Stacy are good people who have been helping our Central Texas community for over twenty five years. This is just the latest example of how much they care. Give them a call and ask about buy now, pay later. They really hop to it at kangaroof Find them online at call kangaroof dot com.
Speaker 2: It's as Austin as it gets.
Speaker 5: The JB and Sandy Show starts at seven on one oh three point one, Austin's eighty station.
Speaker 1: All right, air gongers, get ready, here we go. Get your mallet up in the air. Your imaginary mallet and your imaginary gong are about to come together as one.
Speaker 2: Tricia. Yeah, are you ready?
Speaker 6: I'm ready, mister Felix.
Speaker 1: I saw you, Sun, I saw you, and I saw Bobby Bentley too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Sonya, I heard Sonya, number one number one gonger. All right, here we go, Sandy.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know this or not that yesterday was National ice Cream Day.
Speaker 2: Missed it? Missed it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I missed it.
Speaker 4: Actually I did have ice cream yesterday, observed it.
Speaker 2: And didn't even know it. Based on that information, do you care or don't care?
Speaker 4: The most popular day and time to eat ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. Uh yeah, I'm going to say it's an evening, okay, and I'm gonna say it's a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well it's Saturday at five two pm.
Speaker 2: Really Saturday. Yeah, come and think about it. Saturday.
Speaker 4: You're trying to eat healthy all during the week. Saturday, go out for dinner with the fam, get a little ice cream on the way home.
Speaker 2: Five forty two kind of after dinner.
Speaker 1: I saw you made me think of a video I saw on Instagram and it's this guy standing at the refrigerator and it says every dad, all day, protein, protein, protein, And he's in the refrigerator. He's kind of looking around, looking around. It's dark, and then he kind of looks over his shoulder and then he pulls up a can of whipped cream. And yeah, that's so relatable for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yep. So Saturday, five forty two pm. Ice cream time.
Speaker 4: Number one flavor chocolate really chocolate vanilla.
Speaker 2: Second. Huh yeah you didn't you I did.
Speaker 4: I got a DQ blizzard and I got extra heath bar in it.
Speaker 2: Heath bar all crumbled up in there. Do you feel embarrassed asking for extra?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, because I've been screwed too many times at the DQ when you get to the bottom of the blizzard and it's just vanilla ice cream. All right, now, I'm onto him. Okay, you know I'm a professional when I come through there. What else, Sandy, do you care or don't care to find out about this crazy Major League Baseball rule that I have never this before?
Speaker 2: You're a baseball guy. I want to see if you know it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was an umpire, don't forget I should know this rule, all right. I probably do because I was a really good umpire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, umpire my favorite position. But squatten down? Yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: Ready, if a Major League baseball player catches a ball with their hat, the batter automatically gets a triple and anyone else already on base gets to score.
Speaker 2: I did not know that rule. That's funny.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'd always be out there trying to catch it with my hat.
Speaker 2: Why so the other team could get a triple? Oh? I was thinking for my own team. You're right, you're right the other No, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something the old Savannah bananas would pull.
Speaker 4: Right, those Savanna bananas a try and pull that off. Everybody gets to run in and a triple. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. Finally, do you care or don't care?
Speaker 4: To find out what em and M's had a chance to do back in the day eighties they chose not to do.
Speaker 2: It turned out to be a huge mistake. I do care about this. Yeah, they had it to be the candy featured in ET. They turned it down.
Speaker 4: Reese's Pieces jumped at the chance and saw sixty five percent jump in profits.
Speaker 2: At Rees's was smart.
Speaker 4: I only knew about Reese's Pieces because of ET.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the movie when it came out, but I knew about it because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was his snack, right, That's how they lured him out of the shed.
Speaker 4: Elliott lured him out of hiding the shed out into the open and into the house because he'd only eat Racis Pieces.
Speaker 2: I wonder what they charged Reesus to put that in the movie. I don't know. But why would Eminem's not Why would they be like, eahh alien movie they with that? No, we don't need that. That's care. Don't care